8.1

1. Sep 18, 2012
    A bit of unpolished physics, strange animations, and such keep this from being a perfect ten. But everything else?

Guns: Awesome. Gameplay: Exciting. Writing: Hysterical. Replayability: Basically infinite with the character-spanning Badass Token system.

This game is everything I'd hoped for.
  2. Sep 19, 2012
    Damn near perfect, even for a console port. It is early on launch day yet it feels crisp and clean. Controlling your character is far easier this time around as the control are much better developed for the PC. The humor is dark, although the story is a little more serious this time around. About an hour in to the game you really want to kill Handsome Jack, and if you still think he is aDamn near perfect, even for a console port. It is early on launch day yet it feels crisp and clean. Controlling your character is far easier this time around as the control are much better developed for the PC. The humor is dark, although the story is a little more serious this time around. About an hour in to the game you really want to kill Handsome Jack, and if you still think he is a cool dude by then you're pretty **** up. If you liked Borderlands you will find that this is a true sequel that lives up to the hype.

They did a great job of melding the story of Borderlands with Borderlands 2. I know, I know they are sequels but GearBox didn't really set the first game up for having a sequel. I guess since the story in the original was kinda of lacking it makes sense that it was easy to mold the two together.

Overall Borderlands 2 is a great improvement on the original connecting with friends is far easier now that Steam has been fully integrated, even though it is still a little buggy when connecting initially. Maybe the best improvement they have made is the size of the game. The world feels large and looks large, not the mention it is beautiful. I can run this game on almost the highest setting on my laptop. (Note: I do have a ASUS RoG laptop designed for games but it is kind of dated) If you have a computer that can handle CoD you will be fine.
  3. Sep 18, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is like the original on steroids. Everything is just plain better - voice acting, story, UI, graphics...it's all just better. With the same awesome FPS experience the first one brought to the table. And GUNS. SO MANY GUNS. The game has way better options for PC gamers (FOV option is built right in), and the menu's are not all consolified like the first version, a niceBorderlands 2 is like the original on steroids. Everything is just plain better - voice acting, story, UI, graphics...it's all just better. With the same awesome FPS experience the first one brought to the table. And GUNS. SO MANY GUNS. The game has way better options for PC gamers (FOV option is built right in), and the menu's are not all consolified like the first version, a nice gesture from the slap-in-the-face PC gamers get normally with console ports.

The world also feels bigger, but filled with more characters, rather then just endless desert like the original. While its no Skyrim in terms of world openness, it's at least headed in the right direction.

One small disappointment is the check point system remains the same. You have to find a check point in order to save your progress. Check points are so 90's. Adults have lives, and they don't always have 15 minutes to find the next pole. In the scheme of things...it's a minor complaint.

Bottom line - more baddies for you to shoot, blow-up and electrocute. Better voice acting, more story, better story, and all the FPS action of the original - it's pretty much FPS of the year.
  4. Sep 18, 2012
    This game is exactly what the video game industry needed. I'm only a level 15 and yet i've been playing for hours - new game + just sweetens the deal. It's honestly going to be game of the year without a doubt.
  5. Sep 18, 2012
    If you loved Borderlands, you will love Borderlands 2. They did it. I don't know how, but they made Borderlands better. Best of all, they made the PC version playable! Playing over steam with friends is as easy as playing native steam games like Left 4 Dead 2 with friends. The graphics look great, the game runs perfectly at max settings with high end hardware, and the gameplay is funIf you loved Borderlands, you will love Borderlands 2. They did it. I don't know how, but they made Borderlands better. Best of all, they made the PC version playable! Playing over steam with friends is as easy as playing native steam games like Left 4 Dead 2 with friends. The graphics look great, the game runs perfectly at max settings with high end hardware, and the gameplay is fun and more challenging than the original. The only flaw I can really find in this game is that the menus are unnecessarily clunky. Namely, the inability to use WASD to navigate menus (Skyrim, anyone?). But really, this is a wonderful game so far, and a much better piece of software than the terrible PC version of the first game was. :D Expand
  6. Sep 13, 2013
    played B1 and it was nice, but the trailes and previews of B2 really didnt look to good for me, so i decided 1st not to buy it. But a freind of mine did and keep telling me how great it is so i decided to give it a shot and boy i am glad i did. i played that game over 400+ hours for now, and its the most brilliant and fun game which was ever released imho, i cant wait till they releaseplayed B1 and it was nice, but the trailes and previews of B2 really didnt look to good for me, so i decided 1st not to buy it. But a freind of mine did and keep telling me how great it is so i decided to give it a shot and boy i am glad i did. i played that game over 400+ hours for now, and its the most brilliant and fun game which was ever released imho, i cant wait till they release Borderland 3 tbh, i am curious how it continues. Expand
  7. Apr 16, 2013
    I spend so many hours with this game that I even stop counting. If You liked the first part You must play this one too! Because it is so much better. Plot maybe isn't epic but is a good add on to a great shooter rpg.
  8. May 19, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is an incredible, breathtaking game. The storyline is engaging and hilarious, and the game features some of the best voice acting i've ever heard in a game. The combat is addictive, especially when you're playing co-op, and there is nothing more rewarding then defeating the baddies and going to retrieve your new gun. The best shoot and loot of all time.
  9. Jun 11, 2013
    I really love this game! Especially the co-op, but single-player is also fun! The art of the game looks awesome and you have millions of weapons to choose from! Also a second and third playthrough in this game is still fun!! You definitely have to buy this game, its SUPER BADASS!!!
  10. Jun 24, 2013
    I didn't believe that Borderlands 2 can be as good as it's brother but it is. Overall it DOUBLED Borderlands. The awesome places, funny scenarios, really awesome looking guns, a good storyline made this game the best Co-op game ever made.
  11. Jul 26, 2013
    just buy this game! if you are thinking of buying this game just do it right now you will have hours of fun playing this game and the pc port is great i have had no problems
  12. Aug 6, 2013
    I can't even start to describe the amounts of laughs, fun and action this game packs.
    A true gem that combines RPG and FPS so well, by using inginious characters spiced qith superb sarcasm and beautiful graphics.
    I can't stopped playing it, and it already have 4 DLCs, and a level cap increase!!
  13. Aug 24, 2013
    This game delivers.
    It's got good music, funny dialogues, quests and claptrap. It even got me into buying a helmet to customize the looks of my Assasin.
    I got a solid 70 hours of gameplay and there's still plenty to discover and complete if I want to.
  14. Apr 25, 2013
    The Borderlands series has a brilliant formula of wacky humor, countless guns, and RPG mechanics. Borderlands 2 has crushed its prequel with modified gameplay, gorgeous graphics, hectic music and an interesting story. While the sequel improved in every department, its story took me by surprise. The strong, unique, and diverse personalities you’ll meet through the well-paced story improvesThe Borderlands series has a brilliant formula of wacky humor, countless guns, and RPG mechanics. Borderlands 2 has crushed its prequel with modified gameplay, gorgeous graphics, hectic music and an interesting story. While the sequel improved in every department, its story took me by surprise. The strong, unique, and diverse personalities you’ll meet through the well-paced story improves the entire experience. Most importantly, this gives life and excitement to the planet of Pandora, which was just a boring hunk of rock in the original game. The “Bazzilion” guns that Gearbox claimed Borderlands 2 will have was no joke, and it’s more than just a few minor tweaks in damage and accuracy. The guns will sometimes have a huge bayonet, a wacky reload animation, a crazy looking scope, and may not even have any recoil. When the critics can only complain about an imperfect user-interface, we can conclude that the gameplay is as addicting as we all hoped it would be. Its well-deserved popularity certainly earns a nomination for Game of the Year 2012. For fans of the original Borderlands, this is a no-brainer, but for those who are skeptical about the unique gaming experience that Borderlands 2 has to offer, it’s time to come to your senses and get in on the fun that you’ve been missing out on. Expand
  15. Jul 27, 2013
    As someone who played the first one for nearly 100 hours. I can proudly say I have thoroughly enjoyed the second one racking up over a 100 so far and still playing.

This game improves the weaknesses of the first game and reinforces its strengths. Its graphics and physics are improved, but they still maintain the cartoon-y/ comic book-y style. There is a lot more variation in the amount of guns you can come across and a lot of interesting styles of guns. The story is more in depth, although not amazing, but most people don't play Borderlands for the story, they play it for the amazingly addictive game play, which they improved even more. What I really like in Borderlands 2 is there is a bigger variety of characters you can play as, some who are slow paced ranges units, and then the faced paced, up close, Have loads of fun while you get your ass kicked, but at the same time kick ass" style characters.

Overall: If you enjoy blind violence, astronomically huge environments, psychotic characters, and dark humor, this is the game for you.
  16. Jan 24, 2013
    Hilarious writing, great characters, beautiful levels, and sooo many guns! My biggest complaints about Borderlands 1 were the interface issues on PC, and nearly all of those are solved in BL2. The only minor issue I have with BL2 is the inventory management. Bulky, and clunky navigation, but that is only a very minor side note on an otherwise fantastic game! The coop play really makesHilarious writing, great characters, beautiful levels, and sooo many guns! My biggest complaints about Borderlands 1 were the interface issues on PC, and nearly all of those are solved in BL2. The only minor issue I have with BL2 is the inventory management. Bulky, and clunky navigation, but that is only a very minor side note on an otherwise fantastic game! The coop play really makes this game shine! Single player is fun, but playing with friends is what this game was meant for. Expand
  17. May 1, 2013
    I did not play the original. I glanced at the game and didn't think this was my cup of tea either. Boy, was I wrong. This game is a pure blast, especially to play with friends. The devs have put out a bunch of after market DLC to keep content fresh. If you like laughing, and you like can appreciate how hard it is to actually include humor in something that is already fun, then you too willI did not play the original. I glanced at the game and didn't think this was my cup of tea either. Boy, was I wrong. This game is a pure blast, especially to play with friends. The devs have put out a bunch of after market DLC to keep content fresh. If you like laughing, and you like can appreciate how hard it is to actually include humor in something that is already fun, then you too will like this game.

I strongly recommend this game
  18. Dec 29, 2012
    Best rpg/shooter ever. 2k took the best parts of BL1 and just hit it home. The guns are more balanced in this installment. Good because there's always a better replacement and bad because there aren't more bank and twink slots. (The shelf life of BL1 guns were far greater.) The game is beautiful both in function and in form in every way. The only gripe I have is the 2D map isBest rpg/shooter ever. 2k took the best parts of BL1 and just hit it home. The guns are more balanced in this installment. Good because there's always a better replacement and bad because there aren't more bank and twink slots. (The shelf life of BL1 guns were far greater.) The game is beautiful both in function and in form in every way. The only gripe I have is the 2D map is sometimes hard to follow. The missions are varied and interesting and multiplayer is a blast. This one's a keeper. Expand
  19. Jan 14, 2013
    That game just awesome, chiseled the loot compared bl1, more bazillion guns, 96.5% more wub wub, various missions, creative characters, the old characters from bl1 be present on this game, need more?
  20. Jan 6, 2015
    A worthy successor to a fresh,original idea,evolving it to the next level.
    The game has loveable characters,insane humor,and addictive gameplay mix of and FPS and an RPG.

Go my minion,play this!
  21. Feb 15, 2013
    This game dramatically improves upon BL1. This game has perfected the run, gun and loot genre of fps. Now this may be a little repetitive at times so I can not give it a perfect 10. This game does not take a lot of skill to play but as far as enjoyment I would give this game an 11 if I could. The music and sound effects are awesome if you have a good sound card and cans. The writing isThis game dramatically improves upon BL1. This game has perfected the run, gun and loot genre of fps. Now this may be a little repetitive at times so I can not give it a perfect 10. This game does not take a lot of skill to play but as far as enjoyment I would give this game an 11 if I could. The music and sound effects are awesome if you have a good sound card and cans. The writing is hilarious and general mood of the world is outstanding. If your tired of BF3 and COD and are looking just for pure fun and smiles grab this game for sure. Expand
  22. Jun 7, 2013
    I'm generally not a "shooter" game fan, I haven't played games of that genre since DOOM and Quake back in the 90's, but this game is incredible.

The characters in BL2 are hilarious, the main villain is such an outrageous, self-centered jerk that you'll be dying to slay him by midway through the game. I wont even get into some of the phrases the various bad guys yell at you, but whoever did the writing here has a great sense of humor.

The guns look great, and they have such varied combinations of stat bonuses and drawbacks that you'll really have to do some experimenting with them to see which ones work best for you, (it may not be immediately apparent in most cases). This is the case with grenade mods, shields, and other equipment too; you'll really have to look at the stats and experiment a bit in different scenarios, there isn't always an obvious "best" choice. The equipment "drop rates" seem about right to me; while leveling up I would find something amazing about every 7 levels, which would really give my character a significant boost in power for the next few levels.

In addition to the weapons and armor, the skill trees in BL2 give it a real rpg feel. Each class has 3 specialization trees, as you level you'll get skill points to assign and build your character's spec. There are also dozens upon dozens of outfit skins and character faces, (some are very rare), so you can alter your character's appearance in many different ways. There's vehicle combat in BL2, and you can even change the way your vehicle looks and it's weapons.

The combat and controls are great, on the PC this doesn't feel like a console port to me at all. The battles in this game are huge, and hard. You're going to have to learn how to make use of cover, retreat, and effectively use your arsenal of various guns and grenades. The enemies come with various strengths and weaknesses, so figuring out which tactic works best against which provides a lot of depth and strategy for a shooter game.

I love the Borderlands look and art work, and the game runs great on my computer. The only reason I'm not giving this game a 10 is because some parts of it, especially on the second play through, seem like they were designed with multiplayer in mind. Not that it's impossible to do solo, just potentially extremely frustrating at times. As someone who prefers to solo in games that have single and multiplayer options, I have to deduct a point there.
  23. May 25, 2013
    Such a wonderful open world, full of fun and violence. Borderlands 2 is a big step up from Borderlands 1, and will keep you entertained for at least 25 hours. The only thing I dislike are the invisible walls, they can get slightly annoying.
  24. Aug 25, 2013
    Excellent game, the brilliantly wide variety of guns, gadgets and missions keeps you coming back for more and more, and the boss fights get more and more epic. A truly special game I was happy to complete.....

Only for it to get even better in multiplayer!

A really great game.
  25. Dec 31, 2012
    An infinitely delectable game. It's beautifully thought-out: phenomenal artwork, more guns than you could dream of and a challenge you can just about handle around every corner. Excellent in every respect - Borderlands 1 was fantastic but this is beyond doubt one of the most enjoyable and immersive games ever made.
  26. Jan 10, 2013
    Each one hour I play , more I wanna play , it's so involving , i like it and don't give up this is the best game i ever played , bought all dlc's and waiting for others coming
  27. Feb 19, 2013
    Gearbox really did a fantastic job on Borderlands 2. Everything, from the enviroments, the gun variety, and the humor are really fantastic and I can't praise the developers more than I can already. Aside from a few minor complaints, there is nothing holding it back from a major award. The opening mission really pulled me in, as Claptrap's hilarious first dialouge sets up the start for theGearbox really did a fantastic job on Borderlands 2. Everything, from the enviroments, the gun variety, and the humor are really fantastic and I can't praise the developers more than I can already. Aside from a few minor complaints, there is nothing holding it back from a major award. The opening mission really pulled me in, as Claptrap's hilarious first dialouge sets up the start for the game. Claptrap's dialouge in it of itself is very hilarous and at times moves the plot forward. Seaking of plot, this is an area where Borderlands 2 excells. Handsome Jack is hands down one of the best villians I have ever faced. The returning cast of characters from the first game are all given something to do and a role to play. Moving on, the variety is insane, with more weapons than I can attempt to count, and the customization for your characters is equally as impressive. The side quests in this game are massive in number and you will never find yourself running low on them. And the side quests play a role too, because you cannot JUST DO THE MAIN QUESTS. That is highly inadvisable, as the teeming hordes of enemies that Handsome Jack throughs at you towards the end will show no mercy when they cut you down. The drop in, drop out co-op is very impressive, and in my opinion, the only way to play. My friend and I(HUGE thanks to him) played through the game together from level 1 up to our current level of 29 and we have only scratched the surface of the multitude of quests this game has to offer. My only complaints are that the npc's in Sanctuary and the other non-enemy controlled towns are very bland and seem to use the same character model. The memes in this game are everywhere to be found and NEVER go away. Memes only tell us that your too lazy to write an actual joke so you have to take someone else's content. But nonetheless, this game is amazing and I cannot wait for the upcoming DLC's this game has to offer. Expand
  28. Apr 21, 2013
    I like this game a lot, you can shoot many different guns and there is also multiplayer co-op. I have the season pass too which adds lots of more enemies and more guns. This game is more fun than Aliens:Colonial Marines. I like.
  29. Sep 18, 2013
    The same great style of Borderlands, good voice acting, good characters, etc. I actually played this one all the way through unlike the original. Unfortunately that's not enough to unlock all the skill trees and apparently they expect multiple replays. Mulitplayer jumping in and out of games is pretty seamless and well done. There are exploits to let you hold on to your premium chestThe same great style of Borderlands, good voice acting, good characters, etc. I actually played this one all the way through unlike the original. Unfortunately that's not enough to unlock all the skill trees and apparently they expect multiple replays. Mulitplayer jumping in and out of games is pretty seamless and well done. There are exploits to let you hold on to your premium chest keys and wikis with all the codes if you're in to gear hoarding. Expand
  30. Aug 17, 2013
    Absolutely amazing! I've invested 190 hours as of now, and not one of them was dull. Borderlands 2 is better in every aspect than the first, excluding two things. The only things keeping me from giving this game a 10 is the removal of weapon proficiencies and the gun manufacturers S&S munitions, and Atlas. Other than that, this game is nothing short of a masterpiece. With it's chaotic,Absolutely amazing! I've invested 190 hours as of now, and not one of them was dull. Borderlands 2 is better in every aspect than the first, excluding two things. The only things keeping me from giving this game a 10 is the removal of weapon proficiencies and the gun manufacturers S&S munitions, and Atlas. Other than that, this game is nothing short of a masterpiece. With it's chaotic, fast-paced firefights, it's awesome co-op multiplayer, and great leveling system, I can't put a price on this game that I wouldn't be willing to pay. Expand
  31. Jul 4, 2013
    Borderlands 2 deliveries more fun, in a already amazing game title. This game has lots of replay ability, and lots of great dlc,s to keep you LOOT hunting for a very long time.. Oh and slot machines you can win money, items and guns. Ps, and more Moxxi
  32. May 24, 2013
    A very great and as well badass game!This creation is yet one of the best of 2012,delivering mindblowing game-play for you and your friends that you are going to play with.This game is to be BOUGHT if you want to spend some time with you and your friend in the awesome co-op campaign!
  33. Jul 15, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is hours of fun. Some minor details have been improved from the first installment to make playing smoother and more enjoyable. I've almost finished my second play through and enjoyed it equally both times. The story is entertaining and the side missions never fail to amuse me. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is into this style of games.
  34. Jul 16, 2013
    the game is nice all in all not many bugs generally this game rocked i can highly recommend this game for everybody who wants a good laugh. and a challenge buy this game and you will get good laugh though the game is a bit boring at the start the funner missions starts later in the game
  35. Jul 22, 2013
    A much better game than the first, I have really only one complaint and that is to have the weapon vendors carry good weapons I spend a lot of time scavenging for and the vendors carry the crappiest of gear and for me it is disappointing.
  36. Jul 25, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a great example of a fun game (to play with friends.)
    The basic storyline is just taken from Borderlands (the first game) Where the characters are trying to get to the vault. The same thing happens in this game, except it is with different characters and some 'Different' Objectives.
    Borderlands 2 is a great example of a fun game (to play with friends.)
    The game tries to make you play with your friends. I have noticed (while playing by myself) that it becomes extremely hard to complete bosses on your own, but when you have a friend play with you, you can kill him first try For example, Wilhelm (a boss) took me two days, or 20 tries, to beat by myself, but then with a friend, it is one try. When it says has joined the struggle! The creatures of pandora strengthen!' I think what it means is has joined the (non) struggle! The creatures of pandora Weaken!' I have yet to beat the game, but somehow this game makes me coming back for more. My friend is kind of obsessed with this game, he is really good at it aswell. We were playing it together one night, and we agreed that we would complete the game and do True vault hunter mode, and then I bought ultimate vault hunter mode for both of us. The thing is, you will get bored of the game sometimes, and leave it for a month or two, and then when you have nothing to do, you go to it and say "Please forgive me, oh great Borderlands 2, I need your great therapy for my looting lust". In fact, I haven't been able to not play the game for at least a month, because the great multiplayer keeps bringing me back. The gameplay has no 'special' features to it, but in it's core it is just an RPG/FPS/MMO game, where it's fun to mess around online. Overall, I would only buy this game if other people on your friends list have the game and actually want to play it with you. The repetitiveness is easily forgiven through the great feeling of killing a massive robot and getting your first legendary weapon from it. My rating of this game would be a 87%, in other words, it's a great game, for a great price. As long as you don't mind a little bit of repetitive missions and storyline, the developers took their time to render and program over 100,000+ guns, which you will enjoy. Buy it only if you want it.
  37. Jul 28, 2013
    This is a great FPS with a funny storyline that had me dodging bullets and giggling the entire time. Great and constant DLC support will keep you shooting for a long time.
  38. Jul 30, 2013
    really love it!!! best game ever. got over the 900 hour playtime. and im still enjoying the game. the mix of action and humor makes this game perfect!! im looking forward to the next dlc's.
  39. Jul 30, 2013
    Gearbox has made another spectacular game that is great to play with friends or alone. With the almost never ending DLC that always add to the challenge to this game. With all games it has its bugs, but with updates they can be fixed. It just takes some time. I love playing this game with friends with finding all the humor, bugs, and Easter eggs. So i would love to rate this game a full 10/10!
  40. Jul 31, 2013
    Borderlands 2 does not change the gameplay in any significant way, but it does fix every single flaw that was present in the original, where Borderlands 1's greatest weaknesses became Borderland 2's greatest strength. This sequels has more colorful environments, an engaging story, an entertaining cast of characters and much greater enemy variety which draw you into the experience just asBorderlands 2 does not change the gameplay in any significant way, but it does fix every single flaw that was present in the original, where Borderlands 1's greatest weaknesses became Borderland 2's greatest strength. This sequels has more colorful environments, an engaging story, an entertaining cast of characters and much greater enemy variety which draw you into the experience just as much as the core gameplay mechanics do making this feel like a whole package. Expand
  41. Aug 12, 2013
    If i had imagined game like Diablo but in genre of FPS it would have been Borderlands 2! Great loot system, great weapons/items variability. intelligence of AI is best for me so far i've never play any shooter with such crafty enemies. Actually this is rare case when i spend all the weekend playing the game.
  42. Aug 15, 2013
    This game is just plain fun. Playing the first Borderlands and being extremely let down by the storyline, I was really hesitant to pick up this and play it, but glad I did.

I am very satisfied how the developers tried to keep some combat elements familiar to Borderlands 1, but expanded and improved on them as well. Some sequels (Mass Effect series comes to mind) are notorious for completely redoing the combat system and physically changing the feel of the game, but not so with BL2.

The storyline was extremely satisfying and tied up many loose ends from the first game, and was somehow both dark and humorous at the same time. The side quests were not mindless milk runs, and I genuinely enjoyed completing them for the interaction with the NPC's in the game.

The enemies gave enough variety and difficulty to keep combat interesting the entire game, and the add-on packs even more so.

I think one of the best features is that this game is fun both as a single player campaign or as multiplayer. The dynamics are very different for both playstyles, but both are equally fun.

One negative I will point out with this game is how the graphics engine is coded and all of the glitches and bugs it produces. Similar to Crysis, it does require significant horsepower to run, and it is not because the graphics are "just so phenomenal". Its because the rendering software was not optimized properly. During some parts of the game, I found myself in the heat of combat only to receive the lag spike of death and losing all progress since my last save.

Overall, extremely happy with this game.
  43. Sep 3, 2013
    I enjoyed the first game, it was unique, but it lacked any real direction, and got very redundant. Borderlands 2 vastly improves upon the first game by having a very immersive and well acted storyline that really brings the characters to life and immerses the players in the games world. The action is more fast based and explosive than the first game, and the loot options seem moreI enjoyed the first game, it was unique, but it lacked any real direction, and got very redundant. Borderlands 2 vastly improves upon the first game by having a very immersive and well acted storyline that really brings the characters to life and immerses the players in the games world. The action is more fast based and explosive than the first game, and the loot options seem more practical and refined.

Overall, this game is amazing. Probably the best game of its genre in years. They must have done something right, because I cant wait for new DLC to be release so I can play the game more. Bring on part 3!!!
  44. Sep 27, 2013
    The game is one of my favorite shooter.A very godd prosecution for Borderlands 1. Not to easy and not to hard and the Multiplayer is one of the bests.
  45. Oct 7, 2013
    I consider that this game has a lot to offer. yes some say it's the first borderlands ,version 2.0 but playing the 1st borderlands, i don't feel that way. it's hell of a lot fun even if you play alone, but in co-op everything gets better the story gets much deeper and it has more replay-ability value consider adding this to your game collection
  46. Sep 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A very fun, a very entertaining story. It has perfect mix of comedic and serious game-play. The weapon system is simple, which works out well since there are so many weapons that you can obtain. The only reason that i give this a 9, is that the game is less fun in single player than in multiplayer. My recommendation, call your friends, and get playing. Expand
  47. Feb 8, 2013
    First play through: amazing. 10/10. The story is meh, but the fun factor is there. Co-op with some buddies is awesome, much the same as BL1. Farming can get old pretty fast. Some of the characters are done excellently; Handsome Jack comes to mind. Second play through: Not so amazing. 7.5/10. Gets boring rather quickly... you know what's coming, there are no new skills as by that point youFirst play through: amazing. 10/10. The story is meh, but the fun factor is there. Co-op with some buddies is awesome, much the same as BL1. Farming can get old pretty fast. Some of the characters are done excellently; Handsome Jack comes to mind. Second play through: Not so amazing. 7.5/10. Gets boring rather quickly... you know what's coming, there are no new skills as by that point you can re-spec to any skill you want. DLC, in order of how I would rate them... 1) Pirates 2) Torgue 3) Hammerlock. Pirates was fun, new enemies, new vehicle (and the best one in the game, I think) Torgue was hilarious, and Hammerlock? Hammerlock was crap. If you bought the seasons pass, sorry. You could have spent the same amount of cash on the other 3 (1 not released yet) and saved yourself some trouble. It wasn't a 3/10, but a solid 5.5. The game itself is great... For a while. After that it's grind-fest. Still, I find myself going to my Steam library and constantly playing it. Now that it's 50% off, get it while it lasts! Expand
  48. Sep 24, 2012
    This game is a FANTTTAASSSTIC! game! I lovfe it! AND console port??? DAMN! It is perfect FOR PC. No problems at all none. I love this game.

Only problem for ME! Is that sometimes its annoying when the enemies know how to dodge/are fast ;)! ARGH! This game can be hard if the enemies DODGE FAST or they have alot alot of HP! But yeah you just have to complete side guests ( WHICH GIVE

But yeah you just have to complete side guests ( WHICH GIVE YOU nice bonus skins etc!!!! :) love it!) and then you have enough LVL and guns and all to take on da bosses. 9.5/10. I got no major complains
  49. Jun 3, 2013
    Fantastic game. I must admit there were a ton of things to work on and a little bit of let downs but over all this game is definitely one of my top ten. There is so much to do, So much loot to take and trade, bad ass enemies and more. The comedy is silly and refreshing and this game will keep you busy for hours and hours.
  50. Jan 14, 2013
    This game really surprised me.Never played first borderlands since graphic was unappealing to me. Most likely would never picked up second one if it wasn't gifted to me. I must say that i had real blast while playing it. Not even sure when my steam counter jumped to over 50 hours in less then 2 weeks ;). I really love it, Pandora is amazing place to explore. everywhere you go there'sThis game really surprised me.Never played first borderlands since graphic was unappealing to me. Most likely would never picked up second one if it wasn't gifted to me. I must say that i had real blast while playing it. Not even sure when my steam counter jumped to over 50 hours in less then 2 weeks ;). I really love it, Pandora is amazing place to explore. everywhere you go there's something completely new to discover. Scenery really changes between zones, they put lots of work into them. I only wish zones would level with me, some quests were simply too easy as i came back to them after a while. other then that, perfect game Expand
  51. Oct 24, 2012
    Very, very nice game. And one of the things that makes this game so good is that 2K Games succeded in what is nearly impossiple: Making a game that is better than it's predecessor in every way. The story is better, the talent system is better, the jokes are funnier and most importantly: The loot is way more awesome! The only reason i only gave this game 9/10 is because the single player isVery, very nice game. And one of the things that makes this game so good is that 2K Games succeded in what is nearly impossiple: Making a game that is better than it's predecessor in every way. The story is better, the talent system is better, the jokes are funnier and most importantly: The loot is way more awesome! The only reason i only gave this game 9/10 is because the single player is a lot worse than the multiplayer. Especially the last stand system is completly **** when there is no one to revive you. So i think i would give the multiplayer a 10/10 and then the single player about 7/10. Expand
  52. Sep 24, 2012
    So far, i have played about 13 hours, this is a great game. The enemies are great, the weapons are great, each area feels like it has been designed and not just thrown together. It is really well balanced. Sometimes you feel like you are kicking ass other times you are praying for a 'fight back' kill to get back on your feet. I only played a little bit of borderlands 1 and couldn't reallySo far, i have played about 13 hours, this is a great game. The enemies are great, the weapons are great, each area feels like it has been designed and not just thrown together. It is really well balanced. Sometimes you feel like you are kicking ass other times you are praying for a 'fight back' kill to get back on your feet. I only played a little bit of borderlands 1 and couldn't really get in to it. I didn't give it enough of a chance but it felt a lot more generic than this. If you have played a lot of borderlands 1 maybe this would not be as much fun... maybe. Anyway I am loving it. The action is solid, the level up system is rewarding and the guns are great. I don't care how many there are but the ones you use feel great. Expand
  53. Sep 19, 2012
    Never played a game so funny and so awsome like this.A masterpiece in all aspects.The gameplay is unique,the humor are fantastic,the story is comic but more madure,with more emotion this time.The graphics are better and the game runs like a charm in a pc with minimum requiriments.The guns? How mich?Just don't know.. maybe..infinite? Amazing,diversified and beautiful guns.All of then. LoveNever played a game so funny and so awsome like this.A masterpiece in all aspects.The gameplay is unique,the humor are fantastic,the story is comic but more madure,with more emotion this time.The graphics are better and the game runs like a charm in a pc with minimum requiriments.The guns? How mich?Just don't know.. maybe..infinite? Amazing,diversified and beautiful guns.All of then. Love the game.It's 100%worth and 100% awsome. A must-have and a must-buy. Expand
  54. Sep 20, 2012
    I've been waiting to this day for a long time, played Borderlands 2 almost 6 hours today and I can say that this game is AMAZING. The first game was insanely fun and Gearbox took everything that we didn't like it and improved. You will no longer receive damage from falling, no matter how high you will jump, your challenges now will give you a little -yet essential- bonus ; you don't needI've been waiting to this day for a long time, played Borderlands 2 almost 6 hours today and I can say that this game is AMAZING. The first game was insanely fun and Gearbox took everything that we didn't like it and improved. You will no longer receive damage from falling, no matter how high you will jump, your challenges now will give you a little -yet essential- bonus ; you don't need to repair Claptraps anymore to expand your backpack and you won't need to spend 600000 dollars in a single weapon upgrade (Crazy Earl will do that for Eridium - a new kind of currency in Pandora), this game doesnt label your character ; what do I mean ? That you can play as Zero and use assault rifles, you can snipe with Axton, you can do everything you want, because you've 3 different Skill trees to each character, making 3 different ways of gameplay with each one. Borderlands 2 it's all about fetching quests and looking for new and more powerful guns, and it delivers pretty well. The sidequests are the real GEM of this game, you will laugh your ass off with that sweet humor that you can only find in Borderlands. Our beloved characters are back, you can drink with Moxxi (from Mad Moxxi DLC), Catch a Ride with the funny (probably one of the funniest characters in the game) redneck Scooter and his sister Ellie, high five and dance dubstep with Claptrap, or help Roland/Mordecai/Lilith and Brick to defeat the biggest prick of Pandora - Handsome Jack. All in all Borderlands HAS EVERYTHING that I care about - Funny and good story (and sidequests), LOTS of guns, Solid Cell-shading graphics, an awesome 4 people strategic co-op, a HUGE word with tons of new enemies and Claptrap - I'm still checking this little guy dancing. Borderlands 2 is a MUST for both Hardcore/Casual gamers. Expand
  55. Sep 19, 2012
    The game is like a polished version of 1. If you loved 1 you will probably love this one. It takes the concepts from the 1st game and expands them. I am playing with 3 friends and I feel like many hours of our collective lives will be buried in this title. During the 1st Hour I laughed, got knocked down, got numerous satisfying headshots and squealed like a kid at Christmas.
  56. Sep 24, 2012
    Game is awesome, and much better than I initially expected.. This is a superb port, and has proper PC options. Gameplay/levels themselves are varied and highly fun. Playing in coop with friends or even strangers is incredibly fun. Overall, this is a great game and a GOTY contender.
  57. Oct 11, 2012
    Being a big fan of Borderlands 1 I pre-ordered the sequel through Steam. Gearbox did very well to say at least. The main game is huge, graphics are awesome, the new classes are okay, some of the NPC are really well done (Tiny Tina comes to mind). Hopefully Gearbox will expand their story lines in the planned DLC.

The biggest improvement for me is the variety of mobs compared to the

The biggest improvement for me is the variety of mobs compared to the first game. PC port is okay, the in game inventory interface are still a bit strange though.

Even for the AAA title price tag this game is a must for every FPS fan.
  58. Oct 5, 2012
    Game of the Year for me..its got everything that i would love..good graphics, gameplay , even the story got better this time and the soundtrack is simply amazing...everything is just badass.....
  59. Sep 30, 2012
    Fantastic!

This game is a Beast only those who have the might to take it on shall fall in ranks, this game is on another level is creativity and they pack a mean punch when it comes to game play. if only there were more great games of this magnitude released in the year we would be o so soaked in marvelous games. now lets take this time to thank the makers of BL2 and salute them with pride! TY!
  60. Jul 22, 2013
    Being a huge fan of Borderlands 1 i had to get the second one! From my prospective this game is almost perfect. the graphics are good, the story is good, the game play is good and the list goes on and on.
    For those of you who liked the first one, i really recommend this game.
  61. Mar 6, 2013
    I don't like to give out 10/10, but this game truly had it all. Graphics, while cartoony, were great and stayed with the theme throughout. Gameplay was phenomenal. Tonnes of loot, comedy, story, missions, huge map, fun vehicles, great guns. Multiplayer was well done and is lots of fun when I choose to play it. I have no complaints about this game. Did not purchase DLC as I felt I hadI don't like to give out 10/10, but this game truly had it all. Graphics, while cartoony, were great and stayed with the theme throughout. Gameplay was phenomenal. Tonnes of loot, comedy, story, missions, huge map, fun vehicles, great guns. Multiplayer was well done and is lots of fun when I choose to play it. I have no complaints about this game. Did not purchase DLC as I felt I had done so much already in the original game. Also never played the original, so I had no comparison to the previous one. Expand
  62. Nov 25, 2012
    Steam had a sale today so I went ahead and picked this game up for half-price. I was not a fan of the original, but thought I would take a chance as I have grown a bit bored of Diablo 3 and didn't really like Torchlight 2.

So far I am totally impressed. I plan to add more to my review later and possibly adjust the score. As of now, the things that stick out in this game are... 1.

1. Better visuals than the first game, albeit slightly. With details cranked to maximum Borderlands 2 (a DX9 game) is surprisingly one of the prettiest on the market, thanks in large part to an impressive art-style.

2. Story. Unlike in the first game, players have a very real objective and a very real enemy from the moment the game starts. This is an improvement over the first game, as it's always important to get the player involved early in the story.

3. Gunplay is extremely satisfying. Aiming down the sights, shooting from the hip - however you go about it, the gameplay in Borderlands 2 is very intense and very satisfying. The enemies are tenacious, and are intelligent enough to dodge gunfire and predict your movements.

4. Rewarding. The game rewards the players with a non-stop barrage of usable weapons and loot. This is a refreshing change of pace for someone coming over from Diablo 3.

5. Well optimized. This game is not very demanding and can be played on max settings without being too greedy with system resources. Just about any mid-range machine can play this game to it's fullest potential, and it runs like a dream.

As I said before, I will add more as I play more. But I can already tell that Borderlands 2 is something very special.
  63. Dec 3, 2013
    Really nice game, large choice of weapons, beautiful graphics, interesting characters, large world to explore, interesting quests, interesting vehicle mini game, add a nice touch of humor and you have a near perfect game, only gave it 9 because i never give 10,I'm a firm believer that there is always room for improvement.
  64. Nov 25, 2012
    Take Borderlands 1, give it a much bigger budget, a whole new cast of characters, a bigger and better storyline, and even more loot and irreverent jokes, and you have Borderlands 2. This game takes everything I loved about Borderlands 1 and expands on it.
  65. Nov 25, 2012
    There are 2 kinds of games: the games that comes from developers who never played a game and think that realism is the key to a great game, and on the other hand, the games that comes from developers who shoot for awesome and not realism, Borderlands 2 is one of those. If I could describe this game in 3 words, I think I would say something like "no falling damage". Borderlands 2 is aThere are 2 kinds of games: the games that comes from developers who never played a game and think that realism is the key to a great game, and on the other hand, the games that comes from developers who shoot for awesome and not realism, Borderlands 2 is one of those. If I could describe this game in 3 words, I think I would say something like "no falling damage". Borderlands 2 is a creative game that came from developers who knows what good gameplay is, really cool and addicting game, 9.5/10. Expand
  66. Jan 7, 2013
    Amazing Amazing Amazing. The world is so much fun, the entire game is one big joke. I sit and laugh the whole time I play. Great characters, appealing art, funny yet interesting storyline.

I really liked seeing my old favorite characters too. I cant get enough of this game. I love playing solo or with friends. Best Game of 2012.
  67. Jul 20, 2013
    This game is fantastic and is a great successor to what was originally a great game. The classes, while bearing a striking resemblance to the vault hunters of the first game, are better defined and feel fresh compared to the classes of the original. The gameplay is just as good as you would expect, the storyline is good (although, just like in the 1st borderlands, you can tell that theyThis game is fantastic and is a great successor to what was originally a great game. The classes, while bearing a striking resemblance to the vault hunters of the first game, are better defined and feel fresh compared to the classes of the original. The gameplay is just as good as you would expect, the storyline is good (although, just like in the 1st borderlands, you can tell that they stretched it out at points, and the endings are mostly identical), and the characters are great. The game really shines in multiplayer though- I'm glad that they have cross-platform play between the Mac and PC, but it's currently out-of-synch because of a patch update for the PC that has yet to come out for Mac. Other than that, the game is fantastic. Expand
  68. Oct 29, 2012
    It's great. There are lots of flaws, but the amount of pure fun you get out of it outweighs it all.
    Sure the weapons are a lot less varied than in BL1, sure the inventory sucks, yeah you can't upgrade your ammo capacity as much as you'd like, and of course that there are a few plot holes, but it doesn't matter, it has great characters, lots of varied missions, many ways to build your characters, quite a bit of replay value and it's very very entertaining overall.
  69. Jan 12, 2013
    IMO not as good as Borderlands 1 (that game was more hard and more gritty). But BL2 does have better visuals and prettier explosions. Also has less bugs. The DLCS are decent, well worth the money. Gearbox gives golden keys regularly which is awesome.
  70. Jan 15, 2013
    Wait a minute. Those cookies aren't chocolate chip. Those...are...raisins. WHYYYYYY-HY-HYYYYY?! SHAWTY, DESTROY ALL THE FOOD DISPENSERS! WIPE THE RAISIN ABOMINATIONS OFF THE MAP! I JUST WANTED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! WHY DO BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE?
  71. Mar 1, 2013
    Amazing game! Better than the first by far! I absolutely love this game all but 1 aspect. That aspect is that you cannot have unlimited space in your bank witch would be great. I suppose that it really isn't necessary since you can buy space for it. Other that that i love this game to death!
  72. May 1, 2013
    Gioco fantastico molto vario e divertente sopratutto in coop ovviamente, la grafica veramente eccezionale sotto ogni punto di vista piena di effetti e lo stile fumettesco il top!!
  73. May 21, 2013
    If you loved Borderlands, you will love Borderlands 2. They did it. I don't know how, but they made Borderlands better. Best of all, they made the PC version playable! Playing over steam with friends is as easy as playing native steam games like Left 4 Dead 2 with friends. The graphics look great, the game runs perfectly at max settings with high end hardware, and the gameplay is fun andIf you loved Borderlands, you will love Borderlands 2. They did it. I don't know how, but they made Borderlands better. Best of all, they made the PC version playable! Playing over steam with friends is as easy as playing native steam games like Left 4 Dead 2 with friends. The graphics look great, the game runs perfectly at max settings with high end hardware, and the gameplay is fun and more challenging than the original. The only flaw I can really find in this game is that the menus are unnecessarily clunky. Namely, the inability to use WASD to navigate menus (Skyrim, anyone?). But really, this is a wonderful game so far, and a much better piece of software than the terrible PC version of the first game was. :D Expand
  74. Jul 26, 2013
    Giving this title anything less than a 10 would be unthinkable. It is so incredibly rich in its design that you can feel the intelligence of the developers bleeding through everywhere. This game marks a new era in first person shooters. I've put over 200 hours into the game so far and it always manages to feel new every time I sit down to play it. I have to make myself stop playingGiving this title anything less than a 10 would be unthinkable. It is so incredibly rich in its design that you can feel the intelligence of the developers bleeding through everywhere. This game marks a new era in first person shooters. I've put over 200 hours into the game so far and it always manages to feel new every time I sit down to play it. I have to make myself stop playing usually.

The greatly improved on the game dynamics and interface over the original Borderlands. It's perfectly polished for the PC this time. The graphics are great and the DLCs are actually good enough to merit buying them. The storyline in conjunction with the models and voice acting is insanely compelling. You all rock, keep it up!
  75. Sep 18, 2012
    Beautiful graphics and animation, excellent cinematography, voice acting, dark sense of humor and overall theme.

Lots of quests / missions that are made even more seamless than the first. You might still feel it's a bit grindy, but if you don't like staples of RPGs (leveling, looting, questing) you shouldn't play RPGs. The game certainly delivers as a FPS, perfect weapon / aim

The game certainly delivers as a FPS, perfect weapon / aim control, combat feels very fluid.
  76. Sep 20, 2012
    What is with PC gamers nowadays? I've been primarily a PC gamer since before Wolfenstein 3D, and after all this time, I am completely unable to understand how people can be so ridiculously critical of PC games. This game is being vilified as a console port? Seriously?? The graphics are vastly improved over the original, there are options to change TONS of graphics options (including theWhat is with PC gamers nowadays? I've been primarily a PC gamer since before Wolfenstein 3D, and after all this time, I am completely unable to understand how people can be so ridiculously critical of PC games. This game is being vilified as a console port? Seriously?? The graphics are vastly improved over the original, there are options to change TONS of graphics options (including the oft-asked-for field of view), the controls are rock-solid and customizable, and there are only a few bugs. I'm honestly starting to believe that PC gamers are going to whine until there are no more consoles, period. Dark Souls was the roughest port I've ever seen, but the game was still awesome, and I want to see more console games on PC. Rant aside, this game is awesome. While it is not radically different than the first, the mechanics are all improved, and the game has been expanded greatly. If you liked Borderlands 1, you will love 2. If you didn't like 1, you probably won't like 2 either. The characters are all diverse, and the abilities are a lot more useful and powerful (Phaselock in particular is insanely handy). I went through Borderlands 1 without using the special abilities really at all, but that's not the case with 2. Guns are widely more varied now, and are interesting to collect. The only criticism I can say about guns is that in the early part of the game, I ran out of ammo INSANELY quickly. In multiplayer, you share money, eridium (used to buy upgrades), and even ammo (the other player gets half of what you pick up). Sharing loot can still be a sore spot in multiplayer matches, but if you're playing with friends, it shouldn't be a huge problem. The way character upgrades work is a lot better than Borderlands 1 as well. In 1, you only leveled up weapons that you used, which led to people sticking to one type of gun from the very beginning. In 2, however, you work on "challenges" that give you points you can use towards certain unlocks. It's a much more elegant system. ***************************************************************************************** Bottom line, Borderlands 2 is a very well-done game that surpasses the original in every way. If you were bored by Borderlands 1, pass 2 up, but if you loved 1, you will love 2. Expand
  77. Sep 18, 2012
    This is a great iteration on the same formula that made Borderlands fun. Every single system is improved, including the anemic opening fights in the first game; this time you jump into a plot fight without having to wade through a mile of filler first. Claptrap is often actually amusing - Gearbox clearly realized how annoying he became in the first and made him the butt of some honestlyThis is a great iteration on the same formula that made Borderlands fun. Every single system is improved, including the anemic opening fights in the first game; this time you jump into a plot fight without having to wade through a mile of filler first. Claptrap is often actually amusing - Gearbox clearly realized how annoying he became in the first and made him the butt of some honestly funny jokes here. Gun handling is tight and I'd say the PC version is truly a "PC version", not a "PC port" - much unlike the first game, they put in the time to do it right. The difficulty is turned up a few notches, though - my Siren character regularly gets curb stomped which didn't happen much in the first game. The game is clearly balanced for multiplayer, but it's still a lot of fun single player - just don't expect to dominate everything on your first try like in BL 1. In short, this is a truly excellent followup. If you liked Borderlands you absolutely need to get this; if you didn't, skip the first and try this out. Especially for PC, it is literally better in every way. Expand
  78. Sep 19, 2012
    So good that it puts BL1 to shame. I dont understand the need for all the negative reviews by conspiracy theorists when games actually receive a phenomenal score.
  79. Sep 18, 2012
    I pre-ordered the game on Steam. It became available right at midnight with no issues.. Played for about 3 1/2 hours. The graphics are much better on PC than the console versions, theres even some Nvidia specific stuff you can turn on. If you liked Borderlands, you'll love Borderlands 2.
  80. Jun 11, 2013
    This game is near flawless. With exciting AND addictive game-play that stays fresh even past the 2nd play-through I am never board with this game. Especially considering how easy it really is to play with friends. I do wish it was more possible for people of different level ranges to play together but we cant have it all.
    In stark contrast to the first Borderlands, the story is
    In stark contrast to the first Borderlands, the story is actually compelling and the superb voice acting makes it hard not to be drawn in. The humor plays a big part as well and never feels out of place in the abstract Borderlands universe.
    The graphics look great on both high AND mid range systems, offering highly stylized graphics that still have a touch of realism.
    In closing I must commend Gearbox Software for their love-letter to the PC community. Literally every gripe I had with the shoddy console-port that was BL1 is gone. This game truly deserved Game of the Year.
  81. Oct 6, 2012
    Borderlands 2 one-ups the entire gaming industry by making achievements a meaningful and fun venture that awards you with something that matters rather than a digital "star" to put on your refrigerator.

The first Borderlands game was a solid 9.0 across the board. I have played thousands of games in my lifetime and this is one of the very few games to take itself and its customers so seriously as to make a sequel that is better in every way imaginable. Nothing this explosive as a sequel has come out of the industry since Mario Brothers and Final Fantasy. Since then gamers have been getting ripped off in every way imaginable it seems BL2 even released with fewer bugs than I have seen in a PC release in over a decade.

I very rarely write game reviews since there is so much garbage out there, but this game deserves a lot of gamer love.
  82. Sep 18, 2012
    Basically, if you enjoyed the first game, you will love this one. Gearbox listened to the feedback us nerds provided and answered by getting rid of the weak co-op and adding a tremendous amount of the things we enjoyed. Great dialog, creative environments, smooth gameplay, luscious looting. I am tempted to give it a 10.
  83. Sep 18, 2012
    Takes what was so good about Borderlands, and makes it even better. Then adds just about every tweek and improvement you can think of.

After having to deal with Diablo 3 for months of disapointment, frustration, and trying to finish without using the real money auction house, this game gives me faith again in game developers again.
  84. Sep 18, 2012
    The game is fantastic. They addressed a number of config problems from borderlands one, resulting in a much smoother PC experience. The mobs feel great, the quests are just in line with what I wanted in terms of difficulty, variety, and story. Their audio snippets are a smash hit with me, and I wish more devs would tell story that way.
  85. Sep 18, 2012
    It's like borderlands except without all the problems, there is enough variety to make every gun feel unique. The physx effects are amazingly optimized, runs at 50-60 FPS on my GTX 580, all high settings and physx high.
  86. Sep 18, 2012
    Played non stop since the midnight release. I have got to say, it was well worth the $36 dollars I ended up spending. They really went above and beyond a simple port. It has integrated well with PC and steam. I was really surprised to find how easy it was to find my steam friends on there, and how easy it was to join them.. like even easier than TF2
  87. Sep 20, 2012
    Outstanding. Meets the brilliant and non stop fun level of its predecessor. I would honestly call this, the game of the year. The large scale map and over 50+ hours of single player is exactly the type of game I am interested in. I would recommend this to everyone who enjoys any game.
  88. Sep 20, 2012
    This game is so freakin awesome! There are no other words for it. If anyone wants to CO-OP on the computer, go to my gaming communities Steam page and join our Community. You can find it here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/synergy-community

Happy Gaming!!! :)

~Princess
  89. Sep 19, 2012
    Improves upon the first game in every aspect. Keeps all of the good and fixed all of the bad from Borderlands 1. If you were a fan of the first this is a must play. Borderlands 1 DLC was the only DLC I have ever bought that I felt I got my moneys worth. (General Knox DLC was longer than some full AAA title games.) The first DLC is free to those who pre-ordered, and contains a new playableImproves upon the first game in every aspect. Keeps all of the good and fixed all of the bad from Borderlands 1. If you were a fan of the first this is a must play. Borderlands 1 DLC was the only DLC I have ever bought that I felt I got my moneys worth. (General Knox DLC was longer than some full AAA title games.) The first DLC is free to those who pre-ordered, and contains a new playable class/character. Like many new games, you can pre-order the DLC packs at a discount. This is the only game in the last 2 years that I would and have done so.

I would like to go back and play the first game with the new classes, smarter AI, better weapons, and updated graphics. Maybe in the DLC :).
  90. Sep 18, 2012
    Best loot driven game I have played. Incredibly funny dialogue, fun to play classes, beautiful graphics and tons of weapons. It's so easy to play with your friends and the PC version is superb.
  91. Sep 19, 2012
    Ugh... I normally don't post these but after reading a few of the negative reviews I felt compelled to. First off, this is not a console port. Borderlands 2 looks better and runs better than Borderlands 1 for the plain and simple fact it was optimized for PC. I'm running a $200 ATI video card I bought last November and the game runs fine.

Second, it does not have day one DLC. I'm sorry

Second, it does not have day one DLC. I'm sorry everyone, but if it was there I probably would've bought it. It does however have DLC coming out in a month that the developers worked on after the game went gold. If you pre-ordered the game, you get the DLC for free. The people moaning about this either didn't get the memo or forgot to pre-order. Its not our fault you missed out, every game gets pre-order goodness now and this game was no different.

Third, the game does offer a "season pass" for DLC. They aren't common, but it has been done before with games such as Saints Row 3. This is an optional purchase that will get you all of the DLC released over the next year (more or less). This is not an earth-shattering money grab, you are guaranteed to receive at least a set amount of DLC. It may even include the new character class (rumor I heard, but I have not independently confirmed it).

Fourth, if you didn't enjoy Borderlands 1 you probably will not enjoy Borderlands 2. I'm sorry, it doesn't have 32 player competitive multiplayer. Boo-freak'in-hoo.

Now, for those of you who want someone's opinion who knew what they were buying...

Graphically, the game is a minor improvement. It makes use of more shaders (reflective ice for example) and has been optimized for framerates.

The game no longer goes through Gamespy and accesses your Steam friends list. Port-forwarding is no longer required to host games (damn, that was annoying).

The weapon system has been tweaked so that weapons can use more than 1 ammo per shot, there are also new types of grenades such as "homing mirv sticky grenades". Health, ammo and cash will auto-loot in combat.

The humor is reminiscent of General Knoxx. If you have ever watched Frisky Dingo, Handsome Jack's lines seem like they were written for Xander Crews. Lines such as "... why don't you turn around and... what the hell happened to your face!"

Quests however seem to reuse zones a bit more though not as excessive as say Dragon Age 2. It is however more noticeable than Borderlands 1 and the enemies don't scale up. Boss fights and zones are now repeatable within a single game session.

Targeting... is a lot more specific in this version. If you are even a pixel off from hitting a mob, they will not be hit. There is a target assist, but I don't recommend using it

The max level is 50, expect Gearbox to dangle increased level caps in DLC. That's exactly what they did in Borderlands 1 DLC. I would've have preferred more levels and larger skills trees... but we don't all get what we want.

The game rewards players with multiple characters with the "bada**" system that allows you to take incremental upgrades based on achievement completion that affects all characters. It can be toggled off.

Overall, I'm happy with the game. Its not the breakthrough that Borderlands 1 was but it is an evolution of the game concept with some risky features added in. If you are looking for a game with an intricate story, this game isn't for you. Solo play may even be downright boring. But if you've got friends or don't mind playing with random people, cooperative play is where this game really shines.
  92. Sep 18, 2012
    Game expands on the original with more of their humor and more weapons. If you enjoy your loot driven games like Diablo and torchlight you'll enjoy this FPSRPG. Scored non 10 because being a console port video options are pretty weak. As for the negative reviews for split-screen on a PC ...I don't even..
  93. Sep 20, 2012
    One of the best games of 2011 if not the best. I haven't had this much fun since.. well borderlands. Graphics, sound and areas are superb. Co-op connectivity has been fixed (B1 was pretty bad) and it's a blast to play with friends. I have nothing negative to say about this game. GET IT!
  94. Sep 21, 2012
    I don't know how people can hate this game... it so much fun... maybe you should try playing with a friend or 2....

Anyway... my first impression of the game was that it is very similar to the first one... but with much more improvements... more guns, better abilities... new characters, MINIMAP FFS!, better inventory, better quests... stronger and smarter enemies, better graphics without making the game much heavier then it was....
    Sounds are great as always and in conclusion the game is worth buying, worth playing and hell with all the haters... fix your pc's...
  95. Sep 19, 2012
    I honestly don't get why people are rating this so low. Yes, it is a console port, but a really well done one at that. You want to criticize a BAD one, look at Dark Souls (which was still fun), or even the first Borderlands at that.

That said, let's get to my actual review. Graphics look similar to the first, but with improved quality, a plus. Gameplay (As an Assassin, my experience) involves actively dashing around while getting as many well-aimed criticals as possible, also a plus. Enemy interaction and personality has MUCH more depth than before, but I have noticed a few bugs with the AI (for example, it's not uncommon to see a bandit looking straight up and shooting at some nonexistent target). Aside from that bug though, I see nothing but improvement over the first game, which was already fun enough on its own. All in all, if you liked the original, you'll like the sequel even more. If you didn't like the original, don't expect the sequel to be any different.
  96. Sep 18, 2012
    Some of the reviews have said that this is a console port. This is actually untrue though. I had followed the development of BL2 pretty closely and one thing that Gearbox always stressed is that the PC version was not a simple game port. Its the a full fledged GAME. Which is to say that they developed this version of the game alongside the console versions (not afterward). For a gameSome of the reviews have said that this is a console port. This is actually untrue though. I had followed the development of BL2 pretty closely and one thing that Gearbox always stressed is that the PC version was not a simple game port. Its the a full fledged GAME. Which is to say that they developed this version of the game alongside the console versions (not afterward). For a game developer to do that extra work just to keep consumers happy AND release a game this good is just the best, 10/10 for the game and 10/10 for Gearbox. Collapse
  97. Sep 18, 2012
    at 13 hours into launch and i had realized i had put in 11.8 hours into the game. In a year where there are quite a few AAA titles, Borderlands 2 is a very strong contender for my personal 2012 GOTY..... however two glaring points keep BL2 from a 10/10 score. the first: STILL not being able to track multiple missions on your radar, the second: backtracking! having to trek across a mapat 13 hours into launch and i had realized i had put in 11.8 hours into the game. In a year where there are quite a few AAA titles, Borderlands 2 is a very strong contender for my personal 2012 GOTY..... however two glaring points keep BL2 from a 10/10 score. the first: STILL not being able to track multiple missions on your radar, the second: backtracking! having to trek across a map that is 5-6 levels below you (with respawned bosses along the way) just to complete an objective = not fun. everything else pretty much rocks... i love the new menus, pc optimization & settings (compared to the bare-bones console port of BL1), the bonus character skins/heads for achievements, the music (still have it on 10, yet to mute it), the epic dialogue/banter (especially from Clap Trap, Scooter, Handsome Jack), old & new characters & enemies... yes there is announced DLC but if its anything like BL1's add-ons, Gearbox actually does this right. All in all.... 9 out of 10 Marcus bobbleheads. Expand
  98. Sep 18, 2012
    Excellent game. PC version is well made like Gearbo's support. There's some problems but I trust that developer fixes them, since they already provided PC features that are lacking in other games. Great game, fun to play.
  99. Sep 19, 2012
    This is a vast improvement over BL1. Definitely a great port, almost as good as a pc exclusive title. Gameplay is fun, environment is more lively, and new characters are awesome. BL2 is hilarious, so many great punchlines. Originally, the game crashed and I couldn't play. Had to update my BIOS. (AMD/Gigabyte)
    But that does not warrant for a lower rating.

100. Sep 19, 2012
    PC Makes A Difference
    When it comes to first-person shooters, there are going to be (loud) arguments from console and PC supporters about why their platform is superior. Gearbox released a
  101. Sep 18, 2012

It’s addicting, full of creative gags and amazing battles (especially in co-op mode) and it keeps dangling that loot-carrot in front of your face. Add that crazy humor on top and you have a synonymous for the world ‘entertainment’. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    If you're looking for something with a ponderous story full of morality and contemplation – one best savored alone – then you'll need to look elsewhere. Borderlands 2 delivers tons of lighthearted, occasionally juvenile fun with immense replayability, and is best approached with a few buddies in tow. It doesn't revolutionize the concept pioneered by its forebear, but it refines it to a razor-sharp edge and offers some of the most fun you can have in a cooperative action RPG this side of Diablo II. And if nothing else, it's got lots of Claptrap.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    The moment at which my endearingly annoying robot companion Claptrap fashioned himself a Mohawk out of some animal fur I collected he earned a spot on my all-time favorite robot list.