Borderlands 2 PC

8.2

1. Oct 29, 2012
    I had a lot of fun with this game, playing 40 hours of multiplayer story with 2-3 friends. It's an interesting, nice looking world that's fun to explore. The story is funny and reasonably entertaining. It looked great hooked up to my projector.

I also played the whole game using an xbox controller, and the shooting mechanics felt very good and precise. They give you the precision of Call of Duty, and they give you fun cartoony Halo type weapons if you prefer those.
  2. Jan 14, 2013
    That game just awesome, chiseled the loot compared bl1, more bazillion guns, 96.5% more wub wub, various missions, creative characters, the old characters from bl1 be present on this game, need more?
  3. Sep 19, 2012
    I honestly don't get why people are rating this so low. Yes, it is a console port, but a really well done one at that. You want to criticize a BAD one, look at Dark Souls (which was still fun), or even the first Borderlands at that.

That said, let's get to my actual review. Graphics look similar to the first, but with improved quality, a plus. Gameplay (As an Assassin, my experience) involves actively dashing around while getting as many well-aimed criticals as possible, also a plus. Enemy interaction and personality has MUCH more depth than before, but I have noticed a few bugs with the AI (for example, it's not uncommon to see a bandit looking straight up and shooting at some nonexistent target). Aside from that bug though, I see nothing but improvement over the first game, which was already fun enough on its own. All in all, if you liked the original, you'll like the sequel even more. If you didn't like the original, don't expect the sequel to be any different.
  4. Sep 18, 2012
    Best loot driven game I have played. Incredibly funny dialogue, fun to play classes, beautiful graphics and tons of weapons. It's so easy to play with your friends and the PC version is superb.
  5. Sep 11, 2015
    The most entertaining game I have played in the last 5 years. Great action, funny comedy, great loot and the best villain! Solo play is a blast, but team play takes it to the next level.
  6. Sep 19, 2012
    So good that it puts BL1 to shame. I dont understand the need for all the negative reviews by conspiracy theorists when games actually receive a phenomenal score.
  7. Nov 28, 2012
    Easily the best action shooter this year. It's like Diablo 3 in good. Real skill trees, your shooting skill affects the game, awesome character design, nice story telling, nice graphics (although a bit old and slow texture loading engine). I played it for about 8 hrs now and I could not find any flaw. Only the inventory is kind of messed up because of the console port it is (damn you,Easily the best action shooter this year. It's like Diablo 3 in good. Real skill trees, your shooting skill affects the game, awesome character design, nice story telling, nice graphics (although a bit old and slow texture loading engine). I played it for about 8 hrs now and I could not find any flaw. Only the inventory is kind of messed up because of the console port it is (damn you, consoles), but you get used to it and it works fine. The co-op play is awesome and i highly recommend to team up with your mates and just have a great time in pandora. I really love this game and it beats the crap out of the other shooters today. Expand
  8. Sep 19, 2012
    My opinion/review is simple. BUY IT! If you like FPS+RPG+endless loot this is for you. If you don't like long, in depth games DON'T BUY IT! This game is highly recommended by myself and is much easier than the 1st one and looks/feels better too! Keep in mind this is based on opinion and not fact. This is from my own personal experiences. ENJOY!!!
  9. Mar 11, 2015
    game is awesome, dlcs are even better, story is perfect emotions and underground things like "Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep" when i played it i feel loved by developers of the game, you know that rare fealing when game speaks to you in a certain way, gameplay controls humor everything is 95/100 or 100/100
  10. Sep 29, 2012
    Just beaten the game 1st time. It's the same borderlands, but better!
    Borderlands 2 lost a little bit of art style somewhere, but gained a little bit of physics, more humor and great amount of badassesness.
  11. Sep 18, 2012
    Takes what was so good about Borderlands, and makes it even better. Then adds just about every tweek and improvement you can think of.

After having to deal with Diablo 3 for months of disapointment, frustration, and trying to finish without using the real money auction house, this game gives me faith again in game developers again.
  12. Sep 18, 2012
    Some of the reviews have said that this is a console port. This is actually untrue though. I had followed the development of BL2 pretty closely and one thing that Gearbox always stressed is that the PC version was not a simple game port. Its the a full fledged GAME. Which is to say that they developed this version of the game alongside the console versions (not afterward). For a gameSome of the reviews have said that this is a console port. This is actually untrue though. I had followed the development of BL2 pretty closely and one thing that Gearbox always stressed is that the PC version was not a simple game port. Its the a full fledged GAME. Which is to say that they developed this version of the game alongside the console versions (not afterward). For a game developer to do that extra work just to keep consumers happy AND release a game this good is just the best, 10/10 for the game and 10/10 for Gearbox. Expand
  13. Dec 3, 2013
    Really nice game, large choice of weapons, beautiful graphics, interesting characters, large world to explore, interesting quests, interesting vehicle mini game, add a nice touch of humor and you have a near perfect game, only gave it 9 because i never give 10,I'm a firm believer that there is always room for improvement.
  14. Sep 18, 2012
    If you loved Borderlands, you will love Borderlands 2. They did it. I don't know how, but they made Borderlands better. Best of all, they made the PC version playable! Playing over steam with friends is as easy as playing native steam games like Left 4 Dead 2 with friends. The graphics look great, the game runs perfectly at max settings with high end hardware, and the gameplay is funIf you loved Borderlands, you will love Borderlands 2. They did it. I don't know how, but they made Borderlands better. Best of all, they made the PC version playable! Playing over steam with friends is as easy as playing native steam games like Left 4 Dead 2 with friends. The graphics look great, the game runs perfectly at max settings with high end hardware, and the gameplay is fun and more challenging than the original. The only flaw I can really find in this game is that the menus are unnecessarily clunky. Namely, the inability to use WASD to navigate menus (Skyrim, anyone?). But really, this is a wonderful game so far, and a much better piece of software than the terrible PC version of the first game was. :D Expand
  15. Oct 24, 2012
    Very, very nice game. And one of the things that makes this game so good is that 2K Games succeded in what is nearly impossiple: Making a game that is better than it's predecessor in every way. The story is better, the talent system is better, the jokes are funnier and most importantly: The loot is way more awesome! The only reason i only gave this game 9/10 is because the single player isVery, very nice game. And one of the things that makes this game so good is that 2K Games succeded in what is nearly impossiple: Making a game that is better than it's predecessor in every way. The story is better, the talent system is better, the jokes are funnier and most importantly: The loot is way more awesome! The only reason i only gave this game 9/10 is because the single player is a lot worse than the multiplayer. Especially the last stand system is completly **** when there is no one to revive you. So i think i would give the multiplayer a 10/10 and then the single player about 7/10. Expand
  16. Sep 23, 2012
    Awsome, a game that i will be playing for years the amount of content in this game is staggering, luv the pacing and the loot collecting is addictive as hell get this game.
  17. Nov 11, 2012
    Game of the year! This game is totally awesome. Pretty much same as 1st part but everything what could be improved is better here. Great leveling system which make game fun no matter how much pass throughs you do. For now 1st DLC is out and it's really good with gameplay hours like other full games have. ONLY BAD AND UNNECESSARY thing in game are 2 "invincible" bosses. They MUST be passedGame of the year! This game is totally awesome. Pretty much same as 1st part but everything what could be improved is better here. Great leveling system which make game fun no matter how much pass throughs you do. For now 1st DLC is out and it's really good with gameplay hours like other full games have. ONLY BAD AND UNNECESSARY thing in game are 2 "invincible" bosses. They MUST be passed in coop and if you don't have 3 other players you can't pass that and win al achivements. Expand
  18. Sep 19, 2012
    Never played a game so funny and so awsome like this.A masterpiece in all aspects.The gameplay is unique,the humor are fantastic,the story is comic but more madure,with more emotion this time.The graphics are better and the game runs like a charm in a pc with minimum requiriments.The guns? How mich?Just don't know.. maybe..infinite? Amazing,diversified and beautiful guns.All of then. LoveNever played a game so funny and so awsome like this.A masterpiece in all aspects.The gameplay is unique,the humor are fantastic,the story is comic but more madure,with more emotion this time.The graphics are better and the game runs like a charm in a pc with minimum requiriments.The guns? How mich?Just don't know.. maybe..infinite? Amazing,diversified and beautiful guns.All of then. Love the game.It's 100%worth and 100% awsome. A must-have and a must-buy. Expand
  19. Sep 23, 2012
    When it comes down to it Borderlands 2 is basically a Diablo game built as a FPS. With beautiful graphics and a pretty well done PC port this makes for an addictive combination. If you don't like the repetition of Diablo and Torchlight kinds of games and are only used to CoD type shooters then this isn't for you. But I personally find this game to be a lot of fun!
  20. Jan 6, 2015
    A worthy successor to a fresh,original idea,evolving it to the next level.
    The game has loveable characters,insane humor,and addictive gameplay mix of and FPS and an RPG.

Go my minion,play this!
  21. Dec 8, 2013
    i played this game 4-5 months. i love everything in this game. weapons, enemies, caracters, story. and more important the references are awesome. YOU CAN SLAP THE JEFFREY MAN anyway if you call you GAMER you MUST play this game.
  22. Sep 20, 2012
    I've been waiting to this day for a long time, played Borderlands 2 almost 6 hours today and I can say that this game is AMAZING. The first game was insanely fun and Gearbox took everything that we didn't like it and improved. You will no longer receive damage from falling, no matter how high you will jump, your challenges now will give you a little -yet essential- bonus ; you don't needI've been waiting to this day for a long time, played Borderlands 2 almost 6 hours today and I can say that this game is AMAZING. The first game was insanely fun and Gearbox took everything that we didn't like it and improved. You will no longer receive damage from falling, no matter how high you will jump, your challenges now will give you a little -yet essential- bonus ; you don't need to repair Claptraps anymore to expand your backpack and you won't need to spend 600000 dollars in a single weapon upgrade (Crazy Earl will do that for Eridium - a new kind of currency in Pandora), this game doesnt label your character ; what do I mean ? That you can play as Zero and use assault rifles, you can snipe with Axton, you can do everything you want, because you've 3 different Skill trees to each character, making 3 different ways of gameplay with each one. Borderlands 2 it's all about fetching quests and looking for new and more powerful guns, and it delivers pretty well. The sidequests are the real GEM of this game, you will laugh your ass off with that sweet humor that you can only find in Borderlands. Our beloved characters are back, you can drink with Moxxi (from Mad Moxxi DLC), Catch a Ride with the funny (probably one of the funniest characters in the game) redneck Scooter and his sister Ellie, high five and dance dubstep with Claptrap, or help Roland/Mordecai/Lilith and Brick to defeat the biggest prick of Pandora - Handsome Jack. All in all Borderlands HAS EVERYTHING that I care about - Funny and good story (and sidequests), LOTS of guns, Solid Cell-shading graphics, an awesome 4 people strategic co-op, a HUGE word with tons of new enemies and Claptrap - I'm still checking this little guy dancing. Borderlands 2 is a MUST for both Hardcore/Casual gamers. Expand
  23. Oct 20, 2012
    Very fun game. The story is simple to follow, but still interesting enough to keep you engaged, and the witty commentary is really awesome - I actually found myself laughing quite often whilst playing. Even when you play through again on another character, it still doesn't lose its edge. The multi-player co-op system is very easy to use, and the other nice thing about the co-op setup isVery fun game. The story is simple to follow, but still interesting enough to keep you engaged, and the witty commentary is really awesome - I actually found myself laughing quite often whilst playing. Even when you play through again on another character, it still doesn't lose its edge. The multi-player co-op system is very easy to use, and the other nice thing about the co-op setup is that having one player in the group that doesn't really know what they are doing, or just sits around leeching XP, makes it a bit harder, but doesn't ruin the encounters for the whole group. The PC version is well polished, and it didn't feel like a clunky port at all - Great job on that. There have been far too many sloppy ports released lately. The graphics is pretty decent, but nothing revolutionary to write home about either, but some of the animations are a bit odd. All-round, great job 2k! Expand
  24. Sep 25, 2012
    This is an amazing game. Retains the fast paced gunslinging gameplay of the first game, but successfully adds in more story elements than in the previous version. The cartoony art-style has improved as well as the mission/level design. All in All a great game!
  25. Sep 20, 2012
    Damn near perfect, even for a console port. It is early on launch day yet it feels crisp and clean. Controlling your character is far easier this time around as the control are much better developed for the PC. The humor is dark, although the story is a little more serious this time around. About an hour in to the game you really want to kill Handsome Jack, and if you still think he is aDamn near perfect, even for a console port. It is early on launch day yet it feels crisp and clean. Controlling your character is far easier this time around as the control are much better developed for the PC. The humor is dark, although the story is a little more serious this time around. About an hour in to the game you really want to kill Handsome Jack, and if you still think he is a cool dude by then you're pretty **** up. If you liked Borderlands you will find that this is a true sequel that lives up to the hype. They did a great job of melding the story of Borderlands with Borderlands 2. I know, I know they are sequels but GearBox didn't really set the first game up for having a sequel. I guess since the story in the original was kinda of lacking it makes sense that it was easy to mold the two together. Overall Borderlands 2 is a great improvement on the original connecting with friends is far easier now that Steam has been fully integrated, even though it is still a little buggy when connecting initially. Maybe the best improvement they have made is the size of the game. The world feels large and looks large, not the mention it is beautiful. I can run this game on almost the highest setting on my laptop. (Note: I do have a ASUS RoG laptop designed for games but it is kind of dated) If you have a computer that can handle CoD you will be fine. Expand
  26. Sep 19, 2012
    This is a vast improvement over BL1. Definitely a great port, almost as good as a pc exclusive title. Gameplay is fun, environment is more lively, and new characters are awesome. BL2 is hilarious, so many great punchlines. Originally, the game crashed and I couldn't play. Had to update my BIOS. (AMD/Gigabyte)
    But that does not warrant for a lower rating.

27. Sep 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you loved Borderlands, you will love Borderlands 2. They did it. I don't know how, but they made Borderlands better. Best of all, they made the PC version playable! Playing over steam with friends is as easy as playing native steam games like Left 4 Dead 2 with friends. Expand
  28. Sep 18, 2012
    at 13 hours into launch and i had realized i had put in 11.8 hours into the game. In a year where there are quite a few AAA titles, Borderlands 2 is a very strong contender for my personal 2012 GOTY..... however two glaring points keep BL2 from a 10/10 score. the first: STILL not being able to track multiple missions on your radar, the second: backtracking! having to trek across a mapat 13 hours into launch and i had realized i had put in 11.8 hours into the game. In a year where there are quite a few AAA titles, Borderlands 2 is a very strong contender for my personal 2012 GOTY..... however two glaring points keep BL2 from a 10/10 score. the first: STILL not being able to track multiple missions on your radar, the second: backtracking! having to trek across a map that is 5-6 levels below you (with respawned bosses along the way) just to complete an objective = not fun. everything else pretty much rocks... i love the new menus, pc optimization & settings (compared to the bare-bones console port of BL1), the bonus character skins/heads for achievements, the music (still have it on 10, yet to mute it), the epic dialogue/banter (especially from Clap Trap, Scooter, Handsome Jack), old & new characters & enemies... yes there is announced DLC but if its anything like BL1's add-ons, Gearbox actually does this right. All in all.... 9 out of 10 Marcus bobbleheads. Expand
  29. Sep 18, 2012
    The game is fantastic. They addressed a number of config problems from borderlands one, resulting in a much smoother PC experience. The mobs feel great, the quests are just in line with what I wanted in terms of difficulty, variety, and story. Their audio snippets are a smash hit with me, and I wish more devs would tell story that way.
  30. Nov 25, 2012
    Take Borderlands 1, give it a much bigger budget, a whole new cast of characters, a bigger and better storyline, and even more loot and irreverent jokes, and you have Borderlands 2. This game takes everything I loved about Borderlands 1 and expands on it.
  31. Nov 25, 2012
    There are 2 kinds of games: the games that comes from developers who never played a game and think that realism is the key to a great game, and on the other hand, the games that comes from developers who shoot for awesome and not realism, Borderlands 2 is one of those. If I could describe this game in 3 words, I think I would say something like "no falling damage". Borderlands 2 is aThere are 2 kinds of games: the games that comes from developers who never played a game and think that realism is the key to a great game, and on the other hand, the games that comes from developers who shoot for awesome and not realism, Borderlands 2 is one of those. If I could describe this game in 3 words, I think I would say something like "no falling damage". Borderlands 2 is a creative game that came from developers who knows what good gameplay is, really cool and addicting game, 9.5/10. Expand
  32. Oct 3, 2012
    This game is captivating and has fantastic humor, a great story and its just the right cure for the MMO dull drums. It doesn't take itself too seriously but is definitely a challenge. The Co-op is fantastic however not having individualized loot is the one thing I can say was poorly designed. The graphic are great with their unapologetic cartoon campiness. Even the casual remarks fromThis game is captivating and has fantastic humor, a great story and its just the right cure for the MMO dull drums. It doesn't take itself too seriously but is definitely a challenge. The Co-op is fantastic however not having individualized loot is the one thing I can say was poorly designed. The graphic are great with their unapologetic cartoon campiness. Even the casual remarks from the respawn machine make me laugh. Having my character say things that I am thinking when I get that perfect head shot is priceless. I am really looking forward to the DLC expansions that will be coming in the near future. Expand
  33. Sep 30, 2012
    Fantastic!

This game is a Beast only those who have the might to take it on shall fall in ranks, this game is on another level is creativity and they pack a mean punch when it comes to game play. if only there were more great games of this magnitude released in the year we would be o so soaked in marvelous games. now lets take this time to thank the makers of BL2 and salute them with pride! TY!
  34. Sep 19, 2012
    Excellent game. Vastly superior to the original, far more engaging. Many reviewers are moaning about the PC port but in my opinion, this is the best AAA port in a while. There are numerous pc exclusive graphical options in Borderlands 2; from what I have seen, it looks much better than it's console counterparts.
  35. Sep 18, 2012
    Borderlands 2.0 is most certainly a worthy sequel to Borderlands and it's huge stable of DLC (most of which are awesome, though, screw Underdome). More gun variety, new missions, updated graphics (with great tweaks, including an FOV slider for the queasy among us), more colorful maps, and spectacular humor, this game will appease the hunger of any BL1 fans.
  36. Sep 18, 2012
    It's like borderlands except without all the problems, there is enough variety to make every gun feel unique. The physx effects are amazingly optimized, runs at 50-60 FPS on my GTX 580, all high settings and physx high.
  37. Sep 18, 2012
    Alright, let's get the fact that this game is a console port out of the way. It's a console port. There I said it, now let's get over it. Moving on to the important parts, such as gameplay, narrative, and graphics, the things people actually give a flying f*** about. If you've played the first, then you'll know what the gameplay is like. It's the same basic idea, random weapon generatorAlright, let's get the fact that this game is a console port out of the way. It's a console port. There I said it, now let's get over it. Moving on to the important parts, such as gameplay, narrative, and graphics, the things people actually give a flying f*** about. If you've played the first, then you'll know what the gameplay is like. It's the same basic idea, random weapon generator creates hundreds of weapons, you shoot enemies, enemies die,you get loot and experience. And you know what? That's a recipe for some good gameplay in my book. I also think Gearbox made the right move in creating four all new Vault Hunters, while making the originals important to the story. That leads me to the next part, which is the story. Basically, you're a Vault Hunter, Handsome Jack is evil and cruel, you must kill him before he finds the new Vault and uses it to rule all of Pandora. Pretty straightforward, but it works. And Jack is just one of those antagonists you hate from the very beginning. He's rude, sarcastic, cruel, and, well...evil, I guess would be the right word. It's a straightforward plot, but it's a bloody good one. My only complaint are the PC's vehicle controls, which are a bit...what's a good word...clunky. But that's a small complaint as I got used to them fairly quickly. Now, for the graphics...honestly, I couldn't care less that the graphics aren't as good on the PC version as they are on the consoles. Why? Because I don't need fancy graphics to keep me entertained. The core of a game is how it plays, not how it looks. Give me a game with good gameplay and bad graphics over a game with bad gameplay and good graphics any day. To sum up, it's a very well done game, and a worthy sequel to the original. I recommend it, regardless of which platform you get it for. Expand
  38. Sep 20, 2012
    Outstanding. Meets the brilliant and non stop fun level of its predecessor. I would honestly call this, the game of the year. The large scale map and over 50+ hours of single player is exactly the type of game I am interested in. I would recommend this to everyone who enjoys any game.
  39. Sep 24, 2012
    Very much fun, superb graphics(the phsyx effects will make you all giddy) although overly gory at times, bordering cheesy but all and all a pretty good game. I just wish when you logged out you stayed in the same spot logging back in instead of starting at the nearest check point.
  40. Sep 18, 2012
    Excellent game. PC version is well made like Gearbo's support. There's some problems but I trust that developer fixes them, since they already provided PC features that are lacking in other games. Great game, fun to play.
  41. Sep 18, 2012
    Game of the year, if not the greatest game of all time. Probably the greatest FPSRPG of all time. Absolutely perfect in every way imaginable. Improves on every single aspect of Borderlands 1. GG guys, gg.
  42. Sep 18, 2012
    Game expands on the original with more of their humor and more weapons. If you enjoy your loot driven games like Diablo and torchlight you'll enjoy this FPSRPG. Scored non 10 because being a console port video options are pretty weak. As for the negative reviews for split-screen on a PC ...I don't even..
  43. Sep 18, 2012
    Played non stop since the midnight release. I have got to say, it was well worth the $36 dollars I ended up spending. They really went above and beyond a simple port. It has integrated well with PC and steam. I was really surprised to find how easy it was to find my steam friends on there, and how easy it was to join them.. like even easier than TF2
  44. Sep 19, 2012
    First off, this is NOT a console port(Did you guys even play the game?). Again to repeat what has been said before, If you like the first one you'll love this one. New dialogue is great, new weapons is awesome! There is enough variance in this game to make it different from the first one (from skill tree changes, to the options in game). The game delivers on what they said they would, itsFirst off, this is NOT a console port(Did you guys even play the game?). Again to repeat what has been said before, If you like the first one you'll love this one. New dialogue is great, new weapons is awesome! There is enough variance in this game to make it different from the first one (from skill tree changes, to the options in game). The game delivers on what they said they would, its all about killing and looting.

The only real disappointment I have with the game are the in game UI's. They do feel clunky and awkward to use, and I do think the Borderlands 1 had better UI's. I don't like having to click an arrow to view whats in my backpack, or to view all my skills in the trees. But this doesn't completely take away from the game for me.
  45. Sep 18, 2012
    Overall good game and well priced, Day one DLC isn't released on day one, and preorder bonus is achievable by registering at gearbox. Multiplayer is broken, but every game has its day one bugs.
  46. Sep 19, 2012
    Improves upon the first game in every aspect. Keeps all of the good and fixed all of the bad from Borderlands 1. If you were a fan of the first this is a must play. Borderlands 1 DLC was the only DLC I have ever bought that I felt I got my moneys worth. (General Knox DLC was longer than some full AAA title games.) The first DLC is free to those who pre-ordered, and contains a new playableImproves upon the first game in every aspect. Keeps all of the good and fixed all of the bad from Borderlands 1. If you were a fan of the first this is a must play. Borderlands 1 DLC was the only DLC I have ever bought that I felt I got my moneys worth. (General Knox DLC was longer than some full AAA title games.) The first DLC is free to those who pre-ordered, and contains a new playable class/character. Like many new games, you can pre-order the DLC packs at a discount. This is the only game in the last 2 years that I would and have done so.

I would like to go back and play the first game with the new classes, smarter AI, better weapons, and updated graphics. Maybe in the DLC :).
  47. Sep 19, 2012
    PC Makes A Difference
    When it comes to first-person shooters, there are going to be (loud) arguments from console and PC supporters about why their platform is superior. Gearbox released a
  48. Sep 19, 2012
    Yes there were release day issues, but those happen for every game, and affect a relatively small portion of the community. This game is FUN, and imo a big improvement over the 1st game. I went back to compare, and there are a lot of good things going for the sequel. 1st: Graphics are beautiful, the textures are improved, and water effects are fantastic. 2nd: GUNS!!!! This game has so manyYes there were release day issues, but those happen for every game, and affect a relatively small portion of the community. This game is FUN, and imo a big improvement over the 1st game. I went back to compare, and there are a lot of good things going for the sequel. 1st: Graphics are beautiful, the textures are improved, and water effects are fantastic. 2nd: GUNS!!!! This game has so many guns, with amazing diversity; a gun that explodes like a grenade on reload? Awesome! Machine guns that shoot rockets? Great! 3rd: The dialogue is hilarious, look for Jack talking about a recent purchase early on in the game, it's one of the funniest moments in any video game, ever. 4th: Coop. Playing with your buddies is incredibly fun, and a much better experience this time around, since the Gamespy system has been nixed.

However, while there are some good things, there are also some bugs. The money pickup system has been improved to automatically send green your way, but its hit or miss. There is also the issue of it freezing on some systems with 5 series Nvidia cards, which is ironic as Geforce is one of the games sponsors. The gameplay is largely similar to the 1st game, with tedious, sometimes long grinds to get to bosses. Also, as a man who loves the sniping, I find the SR ammunition to be on the low side, a qualm I also had with the first game.

Overall, i find that Borderlands 2 is an improvement over the original, even though it has some issues that will most likely be patched soon (it WAS only released yesterday).
  49. Sep 20, 2012
    This game is so freakin awesome! There are no other words for it. If anyone wants to CO-OP on the computer, go to my gaming communities Steam page and join our Community. You can find it here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/synergy-community

Happy Gaming!!! :)

~Princess
  50. Sep 19, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is an absolutely phenomenal game that features many aspects of the original with some added tweaks and improvements + a fresh story line. The game is a hands down 9, 10 in my case since I was a big fan of the original and I'm happy they didn't try to fix a system that wasn't broken. I'd like to address the dissenters who are complaining about the game and through that, alsoBorderlands 2 is an absolutely phenomenal game that features many aspects of the original with some added tweaks and improvements + a fresh story line. The game is a hands down 9, 10 in my case since I was a big fan of the original and I'm happy they didn't try to fix a system that wasn't broken. I'd like to address the dissenters who are complaining about the game and through that, also point out the positives of the game. First of all, if Metacritic is deleting your reviews, it's because you are giving a game a "0" that is clearly a 7 at bare minimum. I honestly can't think of any game I've ever played literally being a "0," and honestly I don't think the dissenters have either. Over exaggeration and trolling should be deleted. It's good they are deleting your reviews, because to be honest, you're just trolling and damaging the reputation of a company based on your own obnoxious behavior. No one has time to put up with little 15 year olds and their complaining. In regards to the complaints about the game as a PC port, the game was ported over very well. The controls are great and they give you a large amount of personal customization. I find it funny people are calling it a bad port, yet have no reasons for making this assertion. The graphics are excellent as well, it is a cell shaded game, so if you dislike cell shading, then you won't like these graphics. However, to say the game has bad graphics is a lie, because for what it is, the graphics are detailed, crisp, and vibrant. I'm playing on a 1080p display with the graphics maxed and visually, it is very pleasing. Even on the lower graphic levels, the game is still better than the graphics on the original and looks better than any console game. I've also seen people complain about day 1 DLC, however, this is entirely false. There is no DLC released for Borderlands 2 yet, and most of it, if any, won't be released until 2013. What 2k is offering is a season pass, meaning if you buy the season pass, which will include access to ALL DLC released for this game FOREVER, you can buy the DLC at one low cost. It's basically a way for fans of the game to get large quantities of future DLC at a lower cost then buying individually. Think bulk purchase. If you were to be upset about that, then it seems your general complaint is about DLC in general, which is an absolutely foolish complaint. The game play mostly consists of shooting, looting, and questing. I personally enjoy that, and it if sounds appealing to you, then you will probably like this game. If not, then oh well. I've had my share of complaints regarding Metacritic in the past, such as with Diablo 3, however, on this one, Metacritic is spot on. Expand
  51. Oct 11, 2012
    I really enjoy this game and everything it has to offer. Big fan of BL1 and all the content. all new classes are cool and love the settings. after 24 hours of gameplay i am still waiting for a cool gun. Like someone else said most of the guns seem dumb or useless. granted i have found a few nice guns but nothing useful lol. all in all the graphics are great. most of the characters are theI really enjoy this game and everything it has to offer. Big fan of BL1 and all the content. all new classes are cool and love the settings. after 24 hours of gameplay i am still waiting for a cool gun. Like someone else said most of the guns seem dumb or useless. granted i have found a few nice guns but nothing useful lol. all in all the graphics are great. most of the characters are the same but better if that makes sense. Tiny Tina is a BOSS love her. I dont understand most of the jokes or the funniness of the game and I really try to but i dont get whats funny about most of the stuff. Expand
  52. Sep 30, 2012
    Perfect FPS RPG game combined. The story is somewhat disturbing but it's a plot twist so everything is cool. More guns, explosive shields, easter eggs... what more could you ask for?
  53. Sep 21, 2012
    This game might not be for everyone, but it sure as heck is for a lot of them. The graphics are unique and not at all following the main trend of, "It must be realistic!" Which is always a good thing. The humor is rather dark, and it will at least make you crack a smile. The gameplay is more suited for hardcore and not for casual players. If someone who's not very good with games thatThis game might not be for everyone, but it sure as heck is for a lot of them. The graphics are unique and not at all following the main trend of, "It must be realistic!" Which is always a good thing. The humor is rather dark, and it will at least make you crack a smile. The gameplay is more suited for hardcore and not for casual players. If someone who's not very good with games that require accurate mouse movement and constant movement around the map, they should play with a friend. The story is better than the Borderlands 1, along many other things, but it the questions of what the story is lingers. In this one, it's much more straight forward than the last; kill Handsome Jack. I've played about 5 hours and I'm loving it. It's moving a bit slow for my taste, but that's actually good. Only because it's got more content to go through, and they planned it out for you to level up as you go.

On the edge of buying this game? Buy it.
    Didn't like the first one at all? Buy this one.
    Thinking the negative reviews are true? They're not.

(I made an account just to give this game a better rating, if that says anything.)
  54. Sep 21, 2012
    They say variety is the spice of life and this is what makes Borderlands 2 such a red-hot game; elements such as the endless weapon variation, quirky sense of humour, cartoon decor and almost-comical violence really leave a great and addicting impression of the game to players. Gearbox have truly made a masterpiece shooter. Enjoy!! (or buy if you haven't already). For people whinging aboutThey say variety is the spice of life and this is what makes Borderlands 2 such a red-hot game; elements such as the endless weapon variation, quirky sense of humour, cartoon decor and almost-comical violence really leave a great and addicting impression of the game to players. Gearbox have truly made a masterpiece shooter. Enjoy!! (or buy if you haven't already). For people whinging about the game-play system what did you expect? This is Borderlands, this is the style of the game; you either love it or you hate it, maybe you should try it before buying and then having a fat whinge about how it was waste of money. Expand
  55. Sep 21, 2012
    Let me start this by saying if you didnt like the first one, you will hate this one...and if you liked the first one, then you will nerdgasm like crazy your first 5 or so hours playing this. Everything that was wrong with the 1st is fixed, theyve expanded on everything great while still not taking out the greatness. I really cant say enough good things about this game. The graphics areLet me start this by saying if you didnt like the first one, you will hate this one...and if you liked the first one, then you will nerdgasm like crazy your first 5 or so hours playing this. Everything that was wrong with the 1st is fixed, theyve expanded on everything great while still not taking out the greatness. I really cant say enough good things about this game. The graphics are better, the gameplay is refined and the little things theyve added, also I must note that the soundtrack is just badass. Gearbox outdid themselves here, grab 3 friends, lots of mountain dew and prepare to sink many a night into this title. Expand
  56. Sep 22, 2012
    This game has delivered everything and more from what you loved from the original. I have not seen a single flaw in the game to date. Currently the most entertaining upgrade is the amount of humor that is portrayed in the new quest givers. Gameplay is smooth and graphics quality is top notch. If you were in love with the original I would suggest picking this up and diving head first in toThis game has delivered everything and more from what you loved from the original. I have not seen a single flaw in the game to date. Currently the most entertaining upgrade is the amount of humor that is portrayed in the new quest givers. Gameplay is smooth and graphics quality is top notch. If you were in love with the original I would suggest picking this up and diving head first in to a loot free fo all Expand
  57. Sep 22, 2012
    Well being a borderlands 1 fan i was definetly going to get this, but i was pretty skeptical cus theres been so much advertising it sounded like they were really desperate. But anyway the game has succeeded in impressing me and improving upon borderlands 1. The enviorments are much less depressing i.e every area isnt one huge scrapyard. There are more weapon designs, explosive pistols,Well being a borderlands 1 fan i was definetly going to get this, but i was pretty skeptical cus theres been so much advertising it sounded like they were really desperate. But anyway the game has succeeded in impressing me and improving upon borderlands 1. The enviorments are much less depressing i.e every area isnt one huge scrapyard. There are more weapon designs, explosive pistols, rifles that turn into grenades when reloaded etc and most of them actually look diffrent ie there not just slightly diffrent shades of grey like in borderlands 1. However the game is also incredibly similar to the last, combat is the same but it was good anyway, quests are pretty much the same, just as repetitive as the last but this can be cured by the continuous flow of cool loot. Its also a good game to play with friends. So if you liked the last 1 or like any form of rpg and can cope with the repititve nature later in the game u should like this game. Expand
  58. Sep 24, 2012
    This is the second game of the summer to hit a sequel out of the park. The slightly comic book, gritty graphic style has stayed but has seen some nice detailed improvements. The UI has seen incredible improvements but still struggles to keep everything organized when you're comparing things in a store. This is a very enjoyable FPS action adventure that will have you laughing and enjoyingThis is the second game of the summer to hit a sequel out of the park. The slightly comic book, gritty graphic style has stayed but has seen some nice detailed improvements. The UI has seen incredible improvements but still struggles to keep everything organized when you're comparing things in a store. This is a very enjoyable FPS action adventure that will have you laughing and enjoying yourself, provided you're not so uptight that you can't laugh at a bit of facetious throwback humor. Developers take note on sequels from this and TL2 this summer.. if it's not broke, don't fix it. Expand
  59. Sep 22, 2012
    A game with heart and style. The original connected genres and the second does so in an even better way. The humor of this series has always been among it's premier features, but add in a loot fest of "a bazillion" different weapons and upgrades and you can spend hours just seeing all of the different guns you can come up with. As for bugs, the few that are present at release areA game with heart and style. The original connected genres and the second does so in an even better way. The humor of this series has always been among it's premier features, but add in a loot fest of "a bazillion" different weapons and upgrades and you can spend hours just seeing all of the different guns you can come up with. As for bugs, the few that are present at release are honestly not not that bad compared to other major releases. Replayability I don't see ending anytime soon with upcoming DLC and the Badass rank system. Definitely worth the purchase price. Expand
  60. Sep 22, 2012
    I never grinded for gear as I played through the game. I would give this a solid 8.5, but leaning towards the 9. If your a fan of the first this game fits the nostalgia perfectly. I played through and beat the game as Zero as a sniper, clocking in about 31 hours of gameplay to beat the game. At first glance Zero and Mordecai seem very similar, but you soon realize that his skill tree isI never grinded for gear as I played through the game. I would give this a solid 8.5, but leaning towards the 9. If your a fan of the first this game fits the nostalgia perfectly. I played through and beat the game as Zero as a sniper, clocking in about 31 hours of gameplay to beat the game. At first glance Zero and Mordecai seem very similar, but you soon realize that his skill tree is much more intuitive and different enough that you do not feel like you are playing through as the same class. My main criticism is that the game becomes more fun and challenging as you play though. In the beginning the game feels easy, to most boring. In the end game, character leveling choices and skill mods define your character more than the weapons you are using. Instead items are icing on the cake, changing gameplay even further. When I started it was an easy run and gun with a pistol, in the middle I was a long range sniper looking down the scope of my rifle shooting the sweet spots of each enemy; but in the end I was a mid range sniper quickly moving in between cover looking down the iron sights of my favorite sniper rifle scoring those critical shots, while avoiding being sent to the ground by a couple enemy shots. A big flaw in the game is that in the beginning it feels too easy and lack luster in terms of story. However as the game progressed through each chapter, fights became more intense, enemies more varied, in the very end hitting enemy weak points were the difference between life or death. Ammo is another issue as you will frantically search levels looking for ammo of your weapon, making spray and pray a horrible idea, especially towards the end even with increased ammo space, each miss made the fight that much harder, especially if the bullet didn't blow that robots shooting arm off.

The story itself also becomes evolves as more back story is added on to the game, along with plot developments and twists I didn't see coming from a mile away. Slight spoiler the end of the game does not feel empty like the first. The storyline missions are a big driving force in the game, in terms of being fun, along with driving a developing story. Side missions are completely optional, if you do not like the objective it can simply be skipped. Others I felt like playing through for the story and fun of the objective. For example there is an entire option area of the game called lynchwood that became one of my favorites in the game. In terms of difficulty along with providing an interesting tangent to the story. Also giving you one of the most interesting and powerful gun for a couple of chapters.

One big flaw that did not impact my gameplay was the respawn of areas inside the game. Often times I would clear entire areas as I advance to a final objective. When I started to backtrack, some of those areas would have respawns or new encounters. Personally I just ran through the areas, making me wonder why I didn't do that in the first place, then I realized I had fun. At times I would still clear the areas, because the fights were still fun to me. Personally I would of added a spawn to the beginning of an area option for those who just want to turn in a mission without having to deal with those respawns. I enjoyed the get out of dodge that it created. Still this is a big flaw in design, but does not stop me from recommending this game to others or lowering my scoring even further. I rarely beat single player video games, but with borderlands 2, I had a blast, and walked away feeling satisfied.
  61. Sep 23, 2012
    Borderlands 1 concept: kill enemies for loot, use/sell loot to obtain better loot/gear, randomly kill a giant red blob that is not at all hard, then do it all over again with harder enemies (also have a story that is like lore in games, existent, but no one really cares, well maybe a few but not everyone)

Borderlands 2 concept: improve upon everything in Borderlands 1 (although I'm not sure if there is a giant red blob thing to fight again since I haven't finished the game yet)

Also if you are mad because day 1 dlc exists, think about it this way: if you go to McDonald's (or Carl's Jr. or BK, wherever you like to eat), and you order a basic hamburger do you really expect to be given free fries and a drink with it?
  62. Sep 23, 2012
    I'm about 20 hours in so far, and I must say I enjoy this game more than should be possible. I see a lot of people complaining about the game play being exactly the same and the graphics being crap. Here are some answers for you guys. One, a good sequel is essentially the same game with improvements across the board, which is exactly what Borderlands 2 is. If it had changed too much,I'm about 20 hours in so far, and I must say I enjoy this game more than should be possible. I see a lot of people complaining about the game play being exactly the same and the graphics being crap. Here are some answers for you guys. One, a good sequel is essentially the same game with improvements across the board, which is exactly what Borderlands 2 is. If it had changed too much, people would be pissed that it's not the same thing, so this feels perfect to me. Two, the graphics are supposed to look like this. It's cel shaded, it's not going to look like you're playing a movie like most modern gamers have become accustomed to. It has its own type of art that really works for the game. The characters are similar (with the exception of Salvador) to the other four because it creates a sense of familiarity that people who played the first game will identify with. All in all, it's an amazing game. Expand
  63. Sep 23, 2012
    Borderlands 1 was about collecting marginally better loot, doing coop campaigns and repeating tasks in an exercise to see how much tedium people could take. Borderlands 2 follows this formula but adds to it. The guns, skills, co-op, have all been improved. However, they added an actual story, improved the humor (making it similar to the General Knoxx's DLC), had more memorable characterBorderlands 1 was about collecting marginally better loot, doing coop campaigns and repeating tasks in an exercise to see how much tedium people could take. Borderlands 2 follows this formula but adds to it. The guns, skills, co-op, have all been improved. However, they added an actual story, improved the humor (making it similar to the General Knoxx's DLC), had more memorable character additions, improved performance, improved color palettes and schemes across the board, average map sizes are bigger, and added more character customization.

You'll still out level most of the optional quests though, you'll out level most of the rewards for them as well. And aside from the ability to choose to hand in some quests to one of multiple possible recipients for different rewards, or the ability to choose different rewards from the same quest giver the mission system hasn't been overhauled much.

This game improves upon BL1 in almost every way. Don't get this if you didn't like BL1, don't get this if you think that doing some of the same stuff you did in BL1 with fancier weapons, skills and graphics will be boring for you. Otherwise it's a solid game whose flaws can easily be overlooked.
  64. Sep 23, 2012
    Awesome game, looks great on PC too, runs smooth, and tight controls, with tons of content to boot as well. This is how you make a sequel people. (also tons of new features make it feel fresh and new).
  65. Sep 25, 2012
    I played the first game to death so when this came out I didn't know if I had another one in me. I was wrong. This game is amazing. The developers have improved the pc experience over Borderlands 1 in so many ways. I think that inventory management could be a little better but when you pick up a gun that catches dudes on fire and then you huck it at a dudes face and it explodes the smallI played the first game to death so when this came out I didn't know if I had another one in me. I was wrong. This game is amazing. The developers have improved the pc experience over Borderlands 1 in so many ways. I think that inventory management could be a little better but when you pick up a gun that catches dudes on fire and then you huck it at a dudes face and it explodes the small issues with the UI are forgotten. Although the story itself is passable, the writing is funny and memorable. Who cares about story when you are busy getting MAD LOOT! Expand
  66. Sep 25, 2012
    I played around 30 hours into the game and had lots of fun. If you liked the first borderlands, you cant go wrong with this one. There are more items, more monsters and more content. The characters feel rich and funny, along with good voice acting, besides the "cliche" story. This isn't about an epic storyline or inspiring life lessons, but just potty humor and fun quests (that are,I played around 30 hours into the game and had lots of fun. If you liked the first borderlands, you cant go wrong with this one. There are more items, more monsters and more content. The characters feel rich and funny, along with good voice acting, besides the "cliche" story. This isn't about an epic storyline or inspiring life lessons, but just potty humor and fun quests (that are, sometimes, repetitive). All classes seems reasonable balanced and the loot feels great (a lot better than the first borderlands).
    The multiplayer is great, with everyone sharing quests and loot, and it makes boss fights more enjoyable.
    The PC version looks beautiful, and if you have great hardware, you can turn physx to high settings and enjoy more particles and explosions around. This is how a port should be done !
  67. Feb 15, 2013
    This game dramatically improves upon BL1. This game has perfected the run, gun and loot genre of fps. Now this may be a little repetitive at times so I can not give it a perfect 10. This game does not take a lot of skill to play but as far as enjoyment I would give this game an 11 if I could. The music and sound effects are awesome if you have a good sound card and cans. The writing isThis game dramatically improves upon BL1. This game has perfected the run, gun and loot genre of fps. Now this may be a little repetitive at times so I can not give it a perfect 10. This game does not take a lot of skill to play but as far as enjoyment I would give this game an 11 if I could. The music and sound effects are awesome if you have a good sound card and cans. The writing is hilarious and general mood of the world is outstanding. If your tired of BF3 and COD and are looking just for pure fun and smiles grab this game for sure. Expand
  68. Sep 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Lets give it a 10!
    Cause the game totally deserves it.
    Lot of fun! An interessting storie! Not too easy, but no disturbing difficult missions. Nice design! Much much shooting acitions =D.
    Totally liek it!
  69. Jul 6, 2014
    Easily one of my favorite games of 2013. Great exploration, good story, tons of action, rewarding co-op, very challenging gameplay. Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is too hard to solo, you'll need to play it with others. Also the final DLC, Raid on Digistruct Peak is not a new story campaign but instead a small set of near impossible challenges that will have you grinding to "OP 8" which isEasily one of my favorite games of 2013. Great exploration, good story, tons of action, rewarding co-op, very challenging gameplay. Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is too hard to solo, you'll need to play it with others. Also the final DLC, Raid on Digistruct Peak is not a new story campaign but instead a small set of near impossible challenges that will have you grinding to "OP 8" which is another way of saying level 80 without the extra 8 skill points. In other words the final DLC seems rushed and unnecessary.

Took 40 hours to beat the main story line but I played 500 hours total because it's just that much fun to challenge yourself with True/Ultimate Vault hunter modes and collect loot.

The psycho and mechromancer add-ons are fun, but don't buy them unless you really like the game.
    Overall amazing game. Highly recommended.
  70. Sep 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A very fun, a very entertaining story. It has perfect mix of comedic and serious game-play. The weapon system is simple, which works out well since there are so many weapons that you can obtain. The only reason that i give this a 9, is that the game is less fun in single player than in multiplayer. My recommendation, call your friends, and get playing. Expand
  71. Oct 2, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is a perfect sequel to the much loved Borderlands. As we re-enter Pandora, you
  72. Sep 30, 2012
    I've been playing games for 20 years and I have to say I'm not easily impressed by a game. But man Borderlands 2 was a surprise. A game should be entertaining, it should raise your adrenaline and put a smile on your face - that's exactly what Borderdland does and it's doing it in style. Superb writing, story - this time you'll really care about the characters, and amazing, action packedI've been playing games for 20 years and I have to say I'm not easily impressed by a game. But man Borderlands 2 was a surprise. A game should be entertaining, it should raise your adrenaline and put a smile on your face - that's exactly what Borderdland does and it's doing it in style. Superb writing, story - this time you'll really care about the characters, and amazing, action packed combat. The best game of the year and one of the best I've ever played. Thanks Gearbox and keep up the good work! Expand
  73. Oct 1, 2012
    In many ways Borderlands 2 improves upon BL1 and, if you are a fan of the first game in the series, I would easily recommend this one. The gameplay seems a bit smoother, the art seems a bit more polished, and rocket launchers can actually do damage! That being said, there are a few things I would like to inform any potential buyers: 1. The loot system, while apparently expanded, seemed aIn many ways Borderlands 2 improves upon BL1 and, if you are a fan of the first game in the series, I would easily recommend this one. The gameplay seems a bit smoother, the art seems a bit more polished, and rocket launchers can actually do damage! That being said, there are a few things I would like to inform any potential buyers: 1. The loot system, while apparently expanded, seemed a tad bit limited. Oh sure, you find guns that have better stats and they might even have a new skin, but because all the gun manufacturers have their own "quirks" that apply to EVERY gun they make (i.e. all hyperion guns start out inaccurate but gain accuracy the longer you fire), all the guns seem rather similar. You no longer get the "HX480" prefix in your gun titles, which, while it might appeal to many gamers, also makes it harder to see if you have a gun made up of the perfect parts. Also, if you have been following the press releases about the game, the advertised "thrown together" aspects of Bandit guns are out. Originally there were supposed to be beer bottles in place of scopes and a screw that you look down when in ADS mode. It seems that now all bandit guns have is a "dirty" or graffiti'd paint job. 2. The environments have definitely been expanded upon, with caverns and mines filled with acid to a modern city open for you to loot and shoot your way through. The problem that might turn off some gamers is that the devs added more obstacles for you to run past so that there is a greater sense of progression. This is, in my opinion, a double edged sword because this leads to a cluster of terrain that is almost impossible to navigate without using the map. 3. Badass points: You gain badass points whenever you do challenges like "shoot x amount of enemies with sniper rifles". You can then spend these points on upping gun damage, reload speed, etc. This replaces the weapon proficiency system of BL1, so that some gamers wouldn't feel committed to using the type of gun they had used up to that point. On the other hand, you don't feel like you are improving with a certain weapon type, which cuts down on a bit of the RPG aspects IMO. 4. Gore: In order to release world-wide uncut, Gearbox disabled decapitations. In BL1, a headshot with a decent sniper rifle and *boom*. Head gone. In BL2, even though the blood from the headshot still spews out like in the prequel, the enemy models still retain their heads. This is a rather minor complaint, but judging from the Gearbox forums, there are a good number of people ticked off by this.

All in all, I think that this is a pretty good game. The only setbacks I thought it had were conscious decisions made by Gearbox and, while I might not be the specific market they are trying to appeal to, there is still enough shoot and loot for me to enjoy BL2 immensely. I'd also keep in mind that Gearbox was trying to release Aliens colonel marines and Duke Nukem Forever at the same time, which might explain the lack of innovation in terms of Bandit weapons. My hope is they balance the innovations (the manufacturer "quirks") in BL3.
  74. Oct 2, 2012
    Gearbox knew what we all wanted and has delivered it to us, apart for some short comings such as enemy scaling, the rest of the game is bloody perfect for anyone like me that loved the first game.
  75. Aug 8, 2013
    Well done Gearbox. Except for a bit of stutter in the menus the PC port is great. It's basically Borderlands all over again, but nothing wrong with that: excesses of run and gun with an insane amount (of mostly crappy) loot to sort through. Dozens of time wasting 'challenges' and 'unlockables'. Numerous tough set pieces that kill you and make you try again. Bundled with an accessible,Well done Gearbox. Except for a bit of stutter in the menus the PC port is great. It's basically Borderlands all over again, but nothing wrong with that: excesses of run and gun with an insane amount (of mostly crappy) loot to sort through. Dozens of time wasting 'challenges' and 'unlockables'. Numerous tough set pieces that kill you and make you try again. Bundled with an accessible, enjoyable multiplayer. In short this game is a near-perfect (mindless) shooter. The humour is amusing, the gunplay is fun (and tough at times). Character skill trees do the job. And if you can snap up the season pass on sale, this game is BIG, giving gamers plenty of time to waste if they so desire. Nothing at all to complain about here. However since I find the game personally a little empty, long-winded and (dare I say it) boring, it scores 9/10 from the orctowngrot. Expand
  76. Oct 17, 2012
    I love this game. If you played the first and were on the fence about getting the second, I can say they kept everything that worked in the original and fixed most of the things that didn't. I played the original and the expansions, which I felt had more enetertaining plotlines that were easier to follow. Borderlands 2 definately kept the trend going. I play this game with my wife and weI love this game. If you played the first and were on the fence about getting the second, I can say they kept everything that worked in the original and fixed most of the things that didn't. I played the original and the expansions, which I felt had more enetertaining plotlines that were easier to follow. Borderlands 2 definately kept the trend going. I play this game with my wife and we both enjoy it very much. co-op increases the game's enjoyment. I thought I would miss the original classes, but the new ones are very close to them and have their own fun unique skills to play with. I hope for many good expansions to come! Expand
  77. Oct 2, 2012
    Hello from Russia!!! Отличная игра, большой игровой мир помноженный наHello from Russia!!! Отличная игра, большой игровой мир помноженный на колоритных врагов, кучу хороших квестов и огромное количество всякого рода ценного и не очень барахла. Искромётный юмор местного населения заставит вас не раз улыбнуться, а возможность кооперативного прохождения до четырёх игроков, сделает время проведённое за игрой в компании друзей, незабываемым. Expand
  78. Oct 2, 2012
    Couldn't ask for a better sequel! Despite being a multi-platform game, there's a very strong focus on the PC version, which is absolutely fantastic! With all the options and what not, you couldn't have asked for a better game! (I was especially sold on the FOV slider.) Other than that, the game is a true sequel to Borderlands 2, the story is just incredibly immersive, a tiny bit clichedCouldn't ask for a better sequel! Despite being a multi-platform game, there's a very strong focus on the PC version, which is absolutely fantastic! With all the options and what not, you couldn't have asked for a better game! (I was especially sold on the FOV slider.) Other than that, the game is a true sequel to Borderlands 2, the story is just incredibly immersive, a tiny bit cliched but what isn't these days? The game play is fantastic and very addictive! Also the humor is a great little touch, especially all the internet culture references. I can't call myself much of a huge gamer, considering my patience for FPS games is incredibly limited, but Borderlands 2 just cuts it for me with the addictive RPG elements. I can safely say that this game is going to be an absolute cult classic and definitely has to be one of the best games of the decade so far! Expand
  79. Jan 7, 2013
    Amazing Amazing Amazing. The world is so much fun, the entire game is one big joke. I sit and laugh the whole time I play. Great characters, appealing art, funny yet interesting storyline.

I really liked seeing my old favorite characters too. I cant get enough of this game. I love playing solo or with friends. Best Game of 2012.
  80. Oct 5, 2012
    It's a great game, way improved from the original 'cause I found the first one a tad boring for reasons I'm not getting into.

The characters are lovable and unique in personality (Zero's my favorite, I'm sure most people would agree), and the statistics are easy to handle for most players. The story is a lot more serious, and I got a pretty good feeling a Borderlands 3 is gonna come up with an even more serious story. The weapons have more variety and each of the companies that make the weapons now have more noticeable differences, e.g. Bandit guns have names like "pro shooty boom gnu" and Tediore guns explode a lot (i can't remember if it was Tediore; I haven't played in a while). Which is quite funny. Overall, I think people could give this game a try, it fits well for just about any FPS/RPG player.
  81. Oct 6, 2012
    Borderlands 2 one-ups the entire gaming industry by making achievements a meaningful and fun venture that awards you with something that matters rather than a digital "star" to put on your refrigerator.

The first Borderlands game was a solid 9.0 across the board. I have played thousands of games in my lifetime and this is one of the very few games to take itself and its customers so seriously as to make a sequel that is better in every way imaginable. Nothing this explosive as a sequel has come out of the industry since Mario Brothers and Final Fantasy. Since then gamers have been getting ripped off in every way imaginable it seems BL2 even released with fewer bugs than I have seen in a PC release in over a decade.

I very rarely write game reviews since there is so much garbage out there, but this game deserves a lot of gamer love.
  82. Oct 10, 2012
    It´s a perfect game! It mixes FPS & RPG and 1st person view with a huge variety of weapons with Awesome Cel-Shaded Graphics and a very good game play. I think that DLCs will be awesome as Borderlands (I). GOTY ;)
  83. Oct 11, 2012
    Being a big fan of Borderlands 1 I pre-ordered the sequel through Steam. Gearbox did very well to say at least. The main game is huge, graphics are awesome, the new classes are okay, some of the NPC are really well done (Tiny Tina comes to mind). Hopefully Gearbox will expand their story lines in the planned DLC.

The biggest improvement for me is the variety of mobs compared to the

The biggest improvement for me is the variety of mobs compared to the first game. PC port is okay, the in game inventory interface are still a bit strange though.

Even for the AAA title price tag this game is a must for every FPS fan.
  84. Oct 11, 2012
    As in movies, very often game sequels are never as good as the original. Borderlands 2 is thankfully, one of the exceptions. I can't say enough good things about this game. Great story, great humour. For sheer fun-ness it gets a 15 on a scale of 1-10. There are some irritations, granted - no game is devoid of those. The inventory system is to me, very clumsy and sometimes confusing to use.As in movies, very often game sequels are never as good as the original. Borderlands 2 is thankfully, one of the exceptions. I can't say enough good things about this game. Great story, great humour. For sheer fun-ness it gets a 15 on a scale of 1-10. There are some irritations, granted - no game is devoid of those. The inventory system is to me, very clumsy and sometimes confusing to use. But this to me, is trivial and not a real problem.

Very few games' anticipated release affect me and make me want to pre-order. Even Skyrim (a game I had been drooling over since it was announced) wasn't quite enough to entice me to pre-order it - I waited for a couple of months till I got a new computer and it went on sale. But I pre-ordered Borderlands 2 almost as soon as it was announced.

Bottom line?

Playability - 9 out of 10
    Replayability - 10 out of 10
    Sheer Fun Factor - 15 out of 10!!!
  85. Oct 12, 2012
    Welcome back to Pandora, or for those who have never stepped on the aforementioned planet, you're still welcome, but prepare for a the ride of your life. However , this time, you have a tangible objective and an evil bastard to gun down, as compared to rather mindless treasure hunting in the first game. Along your side will be a whole new cast of Vault Hunters, along with their newWelcome back to Pandora, or for those who have never stepped on the aforementioned planet, you're still welcome, but prepare for a the ride of your life. However , this time, you have a tangible objective and an evil bastard to gun down, as compared to rather mindless treasure hunting in the first game. Along your side will be a whole new cast of Vault Hunters, along with their new skills, and even more guns to shoot with. Maintaining the core gameplay mechanics of its predecessor and strongly holding on to traditional RPG elements, it's a pretty massive and welcome sequel . The game felt as fresh as eating Sashimi in a roadside restaurant in Japan - weird analogy, but you get what it feels like, right? right? The graphic style stays, albeit being much more polished and flexible. Want no AA ? No problem, all catered for in the PC VERSION [ not a port, mind you ] of this game. Environments feel more varied and organised as compared to vast wastelands with fixed mob spawns [ cough, looking at you spiderants and the leech-looking thingies from the original ]. But hey, that's what happens after you leave Pandora at the hands of who might be the most sarcastic and eclectic tyrant ever. While I did say gameplay remained largely the same, there were minor tweaks in the system which I felt was rather significant. The game's difficulty has been cranked up. Remember how you can still manage a group of equal-levelled bandits in the original and come out with a bruise ? In this game you'll probably get pinned down in a matter of seconds ( this is very true in later playthroughs ). Personally I rarely ever had problems with the encounters, but some parts of the game are just hyperbolic in difficulty and thus forcing you into [ sniping ] a certain approach. But for that matter, co-op play is there for you, so no real complaints over there. You will use your action skill a lot more and find that loot, more often than not, will disappoint you. Assault Rifles have been the biggest let down in this game, at the cost of other weapons being noticeably a lot more powerful. Yes, looking at you shotguns and rocket launchers. There are a 'bazzillion guns' -- pfft yeah, more like 8 manufacturers with 4 different gun types for each weapon type and RNG-spawned statistics + a template to go with it. Nevertheless, It's really RPG-Like and it should stay that way, albeit probably at the cost of a few more broken windows and controllers. Tee Hee.

Multitudes of other small tweaks such as A NEW ELEMENT and the ever-expanding variety of grenade mods, class mods and shields { exploding shields ! ] are just creative and definitely diversifies a player's approach to the game. The game's writing... can be categorized into a hit or a miss. Anything in between just feels flat. Some characters outright just try to make you laugh by exaggerating their lingo and speaking in a certain manner that felt so damn cheesy when I was playing the game. I can't really put my finger on it, so it's either hilarious or just a failed attempt at comedy. Definitely a lot livelier than the first one [ plus Claptrap is actually FUNNY this time round ], but with that amount of spirit comes a lot of energy that was misplaced. Sorry, Gearbox, So there you go. The game's main antagonist, Handsome Jack is an exception though -- you'll have to figure out why yourself. With Jasper Kyd composing the soundtrack, we obviously have a strong contender for the Game of The Year.

I hate cheesiness and this game just emanates a whole lot of it- so, as a whole experience, Borderlands 2 is a solid 8.
    If I didn't give a **** about the cheesiness and overlook the silly premise of this whole contemporary culture influences thing going on in the game, let's just say this 70-hour experience deserves a 9.

Final Verdict: 8.5
  86. Dec 7, 2012
    Best game this year. Much much better than the first one, environments are more varied, pacing is better, guns are more varied. Replay value is excellent. Whether you are playing this solo or co-op, it makes for a great gaming experience.
  87. Oct 12, 2012
    I must Say I have Physics Graphics Maxed so the liguid effects are fun. Also the fact they actually made this version challenging is great I got a bit bored after awhile in BL1 when I just overpowered everything. Co-op not using GAMESPY is great I love drop in and drop out coop. It was really the only thing in Diablo 3 I liked. Really digging the new end boss I am not going to spoil it forI must Say I have Physics Graphics Maxed so the liguid effects are fun. Also the fact they actually made this version challenging is great I got a bit bored after awhile in BL1 when I just overpowered everything. Co-op not using GAMESPY is great I love drop in and drop out coop. It was really the only thing in Diablo 3 I liked. Really digging the new end boss I am not going to spoil it for those that are not their yet but it a great fight cause the End boss of BL1 was Sad Sauce. The only faults I found was having to a few quests that had you go to a specific area then go back to Sanctuary just to find another quest that send you to the same place. So annoying. But the only makes my score a 9.5 that rounds up to 10. Expand
  88. Oct 14, 2012
    Easily this has to be game of the year, at least for me anyway. Its extremely addictive and looks beautiful on my GTX 670. Handsome Jack has to be one of the coolest villans I have ever come to know through a game, as he is a funny, **** **** Overall I would give this game a 9.6 because this sequal has everything: Billions of guns, a fantastic options menu with a field of view slider (!),Easily this has to be game of the year, at least for me anyway. Its extremely addictive and looks beautiful on my GTX 670. Handsome Jack has to be one of the coolest villans I have ever come to know through a game, as he is a funny, **** **** Overall I would give this game a 9.6 because this sequal has everything: Billions of guns, a fantastic options menu with a field of view slider (!), and best of all, great re-playability as more likely than not you will find completely different Items then what you had before and well - balanced vault hunter classes to choose from completely different from the last. Just get it, I guarantee you will love the game. Expand
  89. Oct 14, 2012
    I have found almost no flaws in this fantastic game. It is a huge open world and there is a lot of content to play through either by yourself or with friends. I also found that i liked these character classes better.
  90. Jul 20, 2013
    This game is fantastic and is a great successor to what was originally a great game. The classes, while bearing a striking resemblance to the vault hunters of the first game, are better defined and feel fresh compared to the classes of the original. The gameplay is just as good as you would expect, the storyline is good (although, just like in the 1st borderlands, you can tell that theyThis game is fantastic and is a great successor to what was originally a great game. The classes, while bearing a striking resemblance to the vault hunters of the first game, are better defined and feel fresh compared to the classes of the original. The gameplay is just as good as you would expect, the storyline is good (although, just like in the 1st borderlands, you can tell that they stretched it out at points, and the endings are mostly identical), and the characters are great. The game really shines in multiplayer though- I'm glad that they have cross-platform play between the Mac and PC, but it's currently out-of-synch because of a patch update for the PC that has yet to come out for Mac. Other than that, the game is fantastic. Expand
  91. Nov 24, 2012
    borderlands 2 is great.the gameplay is great theres a lot of missions and side quest.very funny i suprised for good becuase i dont like that kind of games i will give it 9/10
  92. Jun 15, 2013
    Borderlands 2 was a game that I have very thoroughly enjoyed but I feel missed a lot of potential.

PLOT: (no spoilers) The characters have quite a bit of story and with the including of the old 4 vault hunters was something that really made me squeal a bit. The main villain is very hated, and actually gives me a hard and strong reason to hate him, ESPECIALLY near the end (which I won't

PLOT: (no spoilers)
    The characters have quite a bit of story and with the including of the old 4 vault hunters was something that really made me squeal a bit. The main villain is very hated, and actually gives me a hard and strong reason to hate him, ESPECIALLY near the end (which I won't spoil). The main villain also is given TONS of back story and really drives the plot forward so by the end you'll want to mash his face in so hard and rip the grin off his face. He also likes to point out that he is the good guy and sometimes makes me think about if I'm actually the good guy. Although if you haven't played the first one you won't get the full experience.

GUNS:
    They control very much like the last game, with more special guns and with a bit more comfort to them. Although I feel like they could have added more balanced guns and made them better and better more often, as I'm getting bad guns who either couldn't hit Moxxi's vagina from 2 feet or couldn't strike through a pair of jeans. They did however make gun companies more distinct with the throwing exploding guns or the stabilizers. They did also add much more guns but at the cost of having to constantly check guns and compare them to yours, bringing me to the next topic.

USER INTERFACE:
    My god did they screw up on this. The fact that i have trouble scrolling down to view a gun I just picked up so I can compare just enrages me. You have no idea how many times you will have to have to exit the UI then try to do it again, only fail. It looks charming and all but the inventory tab just ruins the entire experience. The other tabs work fine though but you'll spend most of your time in the inventory so they really messed up.

CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION:
    I really think they improved on this. The addition of more character colors and the jumping onto the glorious golden bandwagon of hats in gaming really made me happy. They added tons of skins so that you will be actually having quite a bit of decisions and the fact that they drop now adds a bit of excitement when a skin drops. The hats also add quite a bit of flavor to the game, so that every character is different, they also added a hat for the people who played the first game, which was a nice touch. There are also quite a bit of vehicle skins, which brings me to the vehicles.

VEHICLES:
    They control horribly and they should have been improved upon. The addition of Bandit Technicals doesn't make up for this flaw and I wished they would've improved the vehicles.

CHARACTERS:
    They are actually very good, with the better voice acting and more humor. Their backstory is still a bit shallow but other then that they were very well made.

REPLAYABILITY:
    Despite what other people say I'm actually quite neutral on this topic. Once you played all 4 characters the game loses most of it's story and it gets quite repetitive. Although the badass tokens manage to encourage me to play it a lot more then without it.

OVERALL:
    The game is very good and I recommend it, even though it's very similar to the first it managed to reel me in to playing it for a good 80 hours. Although it missed a lot of potential and the fact the UI sucked balls made me give it an 8/10. I think if you didn't hate nor like the last one you should give this a try, you might end up really liking it like me!
  93. Oct 29, 2012
    It's great. There are lots of flaws, but the amount of pure fun you get out of it outweighs it all.
    Sure the weapons are a lot less varied than in BL1, sure the inventory sucks, yeah you can't upgrade your ammo capacity as much as you'd like, and of course that there are a few plot holes, but it doesn't matter, it has great characters, lots of varied missions, many ways to build your characters, quite a bit of replay value and it's very very entertaining overall.
  94. Jul 15, 2013
    I never played the original Borderlands, so take this review at that. I've found this to be the most unbelievably frustrating game I've ever played. It's also one of the best shooters I've ever played. It keeps me quite entertained, and even though I sometimes want to throw my computer through a window when I die, I still keep playing. It's addictive with an interesting story, and killingI never played the original Borderlands, so take this review at that. I've found this to be the most unbelievably frustrating game I've ever played. It's also one of the best shooters I've ever played. It keeps me quite entertained, and even though I sometimes want to throw my computer through a window when I die, I still keep playing. It's addictive with an interesting story, and killing stuff never seems to get old, at least for me.

There are, however, a few major flaws that really make me scratch my head. First, clipping in this game needs some serious work. Whoever did QA on this, is a complete and utter moron. Sometimes you walk up to a big step, and the character walks right up it. Sometimes you walk up to a tiny little crack in the ground, and the character REFUSES to walk over it without a jump. Sometimes you walk up to a tiny little ledge and while pressing forward against it, you jump and the character hops a little bit as if he's just hit his head on the ceiling. Stop pressing forward and just jump, and the character jumps up as it should. It's clipping failure left and right in every map of this entire game. I can't count the number of times I died, just because of this severe flaw. When I contacted 2k about it, they pushed it to the back burner, then never responded to it. Ticket submitted on 10/26/2012.

Second, the inventory in this game is so strange, it's annoying. 99% of the time, you look at a weapon that is nowhere near as good as the one you're holding. It's extremely rare to be able to find, or even purchase, a weapon that is really that much better than the one you already have. Even once you've finished the game and are doing some of the near impossible missions, it still seems as if the "loot" is worthless. OK, not worthless, but you can surely take it to a machine and sell it for cash. This goes for weapons, grenades, character mods, shields, etc. The absolute plethora of guns gets unbelievably annoying after awhile.

Third is the health system. It drives me CRAZY that you can't hold a replenisher for health, in your inventory. You can only pick up health if you happen to need it at that moment. Health is never there when you need it, and is always there when you don't. The timing is ridiculous. You either need to be prepared for your battle, or be prepared to die because of it.
  95. Nov 10, 2012
    This was way better than Borderlands 1. The graphics are better, there is more enemies and lots of easter eggs that are so fun to find and worth it once you find them. Such as the minecraft easter. There are lots of characters you get attached to and this game will keep you busy for hours trying to level up over and over again until you are the highest level and on your second playThis was way better than Borderlands 1. The graphics are better, there is more enemies and lots of easter eggs that are so fun to find and worth it once you find them. Such as the minecraft easter. There are lots of characters you get attached to and this game will keep you busy for hours trying to level up over and over again until you are the highest level and on your second play through. once your at the highest level you want money, badass tokens and just to play the game again. It does have a few difficult parts and really annoying enemies. but its a great game no matter what. Expand
  96. Nov 11, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is kind of like brushing your teeth.
    There is saliva everywhere! So much saliva! How could there BE this much saliva!? Are we camels??
    But man... that minty after taste is DAMN refreshing.
    (Warning: Whitening is not guaranteed)
  97. Nov 15, 2012
    Borderlands 2 does a good job of making this shoot and loot RPG not fall into the trap of becoming very linear. Although to some extent the storyline feels linear the side quests do a great job of breaking up the story, the zones are great and you will find some truly epic moments that made me howl with laughter and also fall silent as you are drawn into the events unfolding before you.Borderlands 2 does a good job of making this shoot and loot RPG not fall into the trap of becoming very linear. Although to some extent the storyline feels linear the side quests do a great job of breaking up the story, the zones are great and you will find some truly epic moments that made me howl with laughter and also fall silent as you are drawn into the events unfolding before you. The second run through ramps up the difficulty to a good level with bosses and groups of mobs or events requiring some kind of strategy. I have played this game mainly in Co-op and that is whereI have found most fun, in games comms work well and I have found random players and majority of the community to be good company. Ultimately I would recommend you grab some friends, jump in and go crazy. A very solid 9. Expand
  98. Nov 16, 2012
    I generally don't cum in my pants from a video game but this made me leave my wife and change my name to Claptrap. Don't worry ladies that's not my porn name.
  99. Dec 15, 2012
    Best graphics I've ever seen in my entire life!! If you got a **** graphic card, you should get your hands on this game quickly. This game got soo "f*cked up" graphics that it shouldn't bother you at all. But after all a very good game. Run and buy!
  100. Nov 20, 2012
    A great game that 100% embraces what it is and does not try to be anything else. It is not a massive upgrade over the first game but more what Borderlands should have been. Had the original come out only last year there may not be enough innovation here to justify the sequel but I feel it has been long enough that I am ready for another romp around Pandora.
    The game is big, if you do
    The game is big, if you do the majority of the side quests you are looking at roughly 55 hours to make it through the story and you will be roughly level 35 (level cap is 50). The environments are not as varied as they could be but there are far more of them then where in the first game, yet they all fell like part of Pandora. There seems to be roughly double the number of enemy types and the game does a good job at changing things up. Just when i am getting tired of a certain enemy I end up going up against something different. The weapons are still mostly randomly generated, there does seem to be a greater variety, it could be better but there is almost always something new to try.
    Where the game vastly improved was the story. They did a great job with Handsome Jack and setting him up as the primary protagonist. Along the way you will meet and kill many other eccentric characters but the entire game you are moving towards the final confrontation with Jack. I found the writing for the most part to be very witty, a few childish jokes but for the most part double entendras that gave me a chuckle if not laugh out loud. The classes are a bit more varied then they were in the first game, it also feels more like you are picking a character instead of a class. Each character has a back story that gets somewhat explored during the game, they also each have their own personality and a unique play mechanic.
    All in all a great game with lots of gameplay, a quality story, lots of fun guns, a passable leveling system. It looks good, runs smoothly, excellent voice work and a unique art style. We dont need a sequel next year but by 2014 maybe 2015 I will be ready for a another sequel.

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    It’s addicting, full of creative gags and amazing battles (especially in co-op mode) and it keeps dangling that loot-carrot in front of your face. Add that crazy humor on top and you have a synonymous for the world ‘entertainment’. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    If you're looking for something with a ponderous story full of morality and contemplation – one best savored alone – then you'll need to look elsewhere. Borderlands 2 delivers tons of lighthearted, occasionally juvenile fun with immense replayability, and is best approached with a few buddies in tow. It doesn't revolutionize the concept pioneered by its forebear, but it refines it to a razor-sharp edge and offers some of the most fun you can have in a cooperative action RPG this side of Diablo II. And if nothing else, it's got lots of Claptrap.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    The moment at which my endearingly annoying robot companion Claptrap fashioned himself a Mohawk out of some animal fur I collected he earned a spot on my all-time favorite robot list.