Borderlands 2 PC

8.2

1. Sep 20, 2012
    I tried to love this game, I really did. Being a huge fan of Borderlands 1 when it first released, I had no choice but to purchase the sequel. I put about 12 -15 hours into the game so far...and I cannot help but feel bored. I feel like I've already done all of this before..three years ago. Yes the graphics are better and color schemes have vastly improved..but I cannot give this game anyI tried to love this game, I really did. Being a huge fan of Borderlands 1 when it first released, I had no choice but to purchase the sequel. I put about 12 -15 hours into the game so far...and I cannot help but feel bored. I feel like I've already done all of this before..three years ago. Yes the graphics are better and color schemes have vastly improved..but I cannot give this game any higher than a 2/5 at this point. I know many players right now are enjoying the hell out of this game. I truly envy all of them. Expand
  2. Sep 19, 2012
    The game has quite a few redeeming qualities, good graphics, it's fun with co-op... but it's just borderlands 1 redux. I felt like I got ripped off.
  3. Oct 2, 2012
    One word review: BOREDLANDS...
    Oh my god, it IS boring...

An awful sad, boring to the teeth game. Even worst than the ridiculous first installment, this train wreck of a game is dull, predictable and generic to the extreme. Same old same old mediocre FPS game disguised as a very bad written RPG. Avoid at all costs.
  4. Aug 5, 2013
    I pre-ordered this game because my friends had hyped up how cool it was going to be, lesson learned never listen to uninformed consumers opinions. First of this game has great PC options custom FOV, runs well, supports good resolutions......I just don't find the game fun, 8hrs in and I still have where is the fun moments dropped at 8hrs in and never picked it back up.
  5. Sep 19, 2012
    If I had to sum up Borderlands 2 in one word, it would probably be "mediocre". "Repetitive" might be another good word to use though. If all you're looking for is a bit of new content from Borderlands 1 then I guess this game could be for you. They are almost exactly the same, and after an hour or two just as boring. Originally I wasn't even going to buy the game but it was gifted to me byIf I had to sum up Borderlands 2 in one word, it would probably be "mediocre". "Repetitive" might be another good word to use though. If all you're looking for is a bit of new content from Borderlands 1 then I guess this game could be for you. They are almost exactly the same, and after an hour or two just as boring. Originally I wasn't even going to buy the game but it was gifted to me by a friend. After playing for a couple of hours I gave him the money he spent back on my copy that way I didn't feel like I had to play this boring game anymore. That's right, I spent $60 to NOT play the game. Also, apparently there is day 1 DLC? I'm very disappointed and was hoping from something new from gearbox on this release. Just a big disappointment. Their "new" menu/inventory system is a lot more annoying than the last as well. Looks nicer but I'd much rather have the old one back. The game ran well, and the fact they added more options in this one that you had to tweak manually before via the config files (ie: FOV), was a nice change. The commentary from the NPC's/characters in this game however are definitely hilarious and made the boring gameplay a bit more enjoyable. Expand
  6. Sep 29, 2012
    Being a Borderlands 1 veteran with over 200 hours (stopped counting), I expected a little bit more. The humour has become more awkward rather than cynical as in the previous game. I didn't get the point of the character called Tiny Tina at all. "Deadliest 13 year-old." Seriously Gearbox, did you completely sell-out to appeal to kids? The lowest form of humour in the game is panderingBeing a Borderlands 1 veteran with over 200 hours (stopped counting), I expected a little bit more. The humour has become more awkward rather than cynical as in the previous game. I didn't get the point of the character called Tiny Tina at all. "Deadliest 13 year-old." Seriously Gearbox, did you completely sell-out to appeal to kids? The lowest form of humour in the game is pandering internet memes like "got an arrow to the knee". That train has already departed, it's not funny any more if it ever was. I gave this game a 10 before finishing it, today I've finished it and came back to adjust my rating to a rock solid 7 only to see my previous spoiler free and completely positive comment to be deleted. Way to deal with customers. I don't care if this was done on the action of 2K or Gearbox, I'm done. If you enjoy item hoarding games with a mediocre coop go buy it. If you want a quality single-player rather get Fallout if you want multiplayer get Left 4 Dead 2. I don't care about random stats items anymore. Expand
  7. Jul 18, 2013
    Great graphics, a huge improvement over the first borderlands. Which was one of the favorite games on the PS3! But something was missing. I felt, the worlds, were bigger. But that was just it, they were just bigger. I didn't have any fear of my character dying. The graphics were just too colorful. The whole experience just felt like a "game". I put in over 40 hours into this game. and itsGreat graphics, a huge improvement over the first borderlands. Which was one of the favorite games on the PS3! But something was missing. I felt, the worlds, were bigger. But that was just it, they were just bigger. I didn't have any fear of my character dying. The graphics were just too colorful. The whole experience just felt like a "game". I put in over 40 hours into this game. and its painful for me to give this game a 4 out of 10. But Borderlands 2, just did not do it for me. Not serious enough, too childish, too colorful. Expand
  8. Jun 18, 2013
    Time to give this game a proper review, not one made by sponsered company's that are being paid to give this game either a good or bad review.

This game sounds nice to start of with, lvling and loot combined with a first person shooter. There are however some major mistakes in this game which make me give this game a 4/10. First of all there is the engine, im not talking about the

First of all there is the engine, im not talking about the graphics and the style of it im talking about the numerous bugs in the engine almost a year after release.
    Constantly getting stuck behind small ledges of 1cm or 1 inch high and also mobs sticking through objects.
    Lets not forget loot being stuck under mobs.

Then there is the game balance which is far from balanced, if you cant even balance out a single player game like this you have some serious problems with your development team.

The time i played this game i played this game as zero and with this you have 3 tree's you can spec into.
    I mostly tried the sniping and the melee tree's and those 2 are just so unbalanced compared to eachother.
    With the sniping tree you can easily one shot any same lvl normal mob from a save distance and kill the difficult ones with a few more before they get near you.
    If you have some luck the mobs bug and you basicly shoot them while they dont shoot back.

Then there is the melee tree which is like it says based around melee, however after you one shot a normal mob you get one shot yourself by the elite mob because you cant get somewhere save.
    Simply because you dont have any survivability after you destealth.

When a game as simple as this already shows those kind of major flaws in game design and character balancing it doesnt deserve a high score.

Right now its 40 euro's on steam which is if you ask me overpriced, if the game is like 20 or less you could buy it and see for yourself im right.

You will however be lured into buying the dlc which are basicly just content patches trying to milk out the franchise without giving any service after you buy it.
  9. Sep 20, 2012
    Borderlands 1 was a blast, although i only enjoyed Mordecai (weak active skill) and Lilith (super OP active skill), now that Borderlands 2 is out I have to sadly say i am disappointed, sure graphics are a bit bettter, but there are no more revolvers, they are now merged together with automatic pistols, they way their shoot animation looks is terrible. Weapons are somewhat boring/uselessBorderlands 1 was a blast, although i only enjoyed Mordecai (weak active skill) and Lilith (super OP active skill), now that Borderlands 2 is out I have to sadly say i am disappointed, sure graphics are a bit bettter, but there are no more revolvers, they are now merged together with automatic pistols, they way their shoot animation looks is terrible. Weapons are somewhat boring/useless most of the time, humor is somewhat forced, the game overall fells kinda meh, and the characters are absolutely boring, useless, there is basically no diversity... Expand
  10. Aug 24, 2013
    I'm sure this review will get bombarded with downvotes by blind fanboys, but the truth must be told.

Being a huge fan of Borderlands 1, i couldn't wait to try out BL2. A few hours into the game, however, I realized this wasn't the sequel I was hoping for. In fact, it is much, much worse than i could have anticipated. I'll start off with the good: The graphics are upgraded and the locations are more varied and stylized than BL1. The story is better and the characters are more likeable. Weapon variety is increased and there are even more weird bonuses to keep your weapons interesting. And that's about where the good ends. Everything else in BL2 is a downgrade from BL1.

Yes the story is good, but it tries to be emotional but the nature of this game doesn't support it. There is so much childish humor and stupid jokes that I can't take what's happening seriously at all. They totally wasted the effort of the story writers by making this game so childish. Normally I can take a joke or two, but every other minute you're bombarded with toilet humor that it just ends up getting annoying and it's a shame. Enemy AI has been seriously screwed with. Enemies move around so erratically that it makes landing shots on them more of a chore than an enjoyment. There are also enemy spawns everywhere and Gearbox made absolutely no effort whatsoever to hide them. See a black abyss? That's a spawn, you better watch your back! This game was released in 2012, there is absolutely NO excuse for this crap. I can't even count how many times a suicide enemy spawned right next to me and cost me a death. Speaking of deaths, they come so cheaply, especially in singleplayer, that you'll often feel cheated. You'll rarely have a "good" weapon, and if you do, it's by pure luck. So you'll either have to waste tons and tons of ammo on enemies, or spend hours farming bosses.

The game is also clearly designed only for Coop. The difficulty for someone going solo is so immense, it's ridiculous. You'll have to spend hours upon hours farming good weapons to advance in the story on the harder difficulties. I can't remember any point in BL1 where i felt the need to actually farm a boss for a good weapon because i had nothing that could take out enemies that were the same level as me. Grindlands 2 would more a more proper name for this title.

PC optimization is terrible. I have a mid-range PC and it struggles to keep the framerate above 10. I viewed forums and this is a common theme I've found. The ingame UI (which is supposedly made for PCs) is insanely glitchy and frustrating to use. There are tons of bugs and glitches present, I've been caught in the ground, fallen through terrain, etc, so many times i can't even count. The sad part is that this has happened right along the quest route for main missions. There has been little to no effort put into ironing out these bugs. There's more flaws I'd love to mention, but I'm running out of room in this review.

I've read all these positive reviews by critics and users and I find it surprising that so few people are able to realize the flaws in this game. People should be ashamed of themselves for rating this crap above a 5/10. It's reasons like this that this industry is lacking initiative and individuality. If people keep praising broken garbage like Borderlands 2, we'll keep receiving the same recycled crap year after year. In closing, if you're interested in this game, get Borderlands 1 instead. If you already own Borderlands 1, stick with it and forget about this "game."
  11. Jan 22, 2013
    I am disappointed with Borderlands 2 when playing on a single player game. The unbalanced weapons and the strength of the robot enemies seem to get over whelming at times. Needless to say I had reached endless amounts of boss events and the game glitched out and caused me to restart from the check point. All the new DLC's are based on getting the gamer to spending more money on a game thatI am disappointed with Borderlands 2 when playing on a single player game. The unbalanced weapons and the strength of the robot enemies seem to get over whelming at times. Needless to say I had reached endless amounts of boss events and the game glitched out and caused me to restart from the check point. All the new DLC's are based on getting the gamer to spending more money on a game that already isn't worth $59.99. This game is made more for coop then playing solo, thats sad. I really enjoyed the first borderlands but borderlands 2 missed the mark and I will be less interested in a borderlands 3 if such a game is to exist in the future Expand
  12. Jun 15, 2013
    Can’t remember why I bought this game. Same tedious gameplay from the first game except the developers make you feel profoundly ineffectual. The gun goes bang but nothing seems to change except your ammo counter. 0/10 for some tedium.
  13. Oct 30, 2012
    "Art style and presentation is fantastic. Works very well on PC and, voice acting helps drive the story forward. The decoration of the areas, for want of a better word, is lush and interesting."
    Things like this is why the PC is f****d, 2d games with bad graphics that have a bit of a story & some (term used loosely) fun game play.
    People never learn that bad console ports only harm. I'd
    People never learn that bad console ports only harm.
    I'd sooner sit on a wasp nest than play this again! Played once, un-installed! Utter tripe!
    It gets "1" for the sound, about all it's worth.
  14. May 17, 2013
    Sorry to buck the trend, but preferred BL1. The art style here is even further away from what I want and expect. Comics are for looking at and reading, not for playing. Call me old fashioned....
  15. Nov 12, 2012
    Really mediocre game. I expected a lot more after Borderlands 1, but it couldn't hold up to the name. Repetitive action and bosses along with boring ability trees and average player characters (where is the hunter ?) Scenario is too shallow and everything seemed like .... "been there, done that". Better luck next time !
  16. Sep 7, 2014
    No idea why this game has raving reviews, I must be out of a touch or clearly most gamers like boring rubbish. I've been forcing myself to play this game and I've finally gave up after just less than 20 hours in. Wasn't worth my $7.50

- Boring a Tedious Questing Adventure, Yes the old and outdated WoW Style. - World is completely static, predictable and boring, with a few roaming

- Boring a Tedious Questing Adventure, Yes the old and outdated WoW Style.
    - World is completely static, predictable and boring, with a few roaming enemies.
    - Main story and characters have been boring.
    - Abilites and Talent points mediocre & boring, (Based on Zer0 only)
    - Single player is very boring.
    - No need for a loot system, it's not an MMO. With that said not much reason for replayability.
    -Cringy attempts to recycle areas with revisits and constant enemy respawning.
    + Awesome Art Style.

Conclusion: Like a boring game with the old game mechanics of MMO's in a first person view with great stylized art? This game is for you.
  17. Oct 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Borderlands 2 is a decent game. Unfortunately it finds itself in the uncomfortable situation of being compared to Borderlands. The world is small, the enemies are repetitive and few in variation. You spend half the time fighting one type of enemy and the other half another type. Every now and then you come across some animals to fight. The weapons and shields were designed so that children would go crazy, because the higher the numbers the better. When an average weapons does 20.000+ damage, things get silly. What's wrong with weapons doing at best around 400 damage? When you create your character you find yourself on a train, that explodes. Apparently some bad guy named Jack blew it up because he don't want vault hunters on the planet. The planet is a in a crisis. A huge crisis. Hyperion is taking over. Apparently Atlas, a company richer than any nation went bankrupt. General Knoxx and the Crimson Lance were defeated in a Borderlands DLC. I've never heard of a nation going bankrupt because they lost a battle. Anyways, Jack is bad and is threatening Pandora. Things are really bad. Where is this feel of a threat? Nowhere. Borderlands 2 tells you how bad things are, but doesn't show it or make you feel it the slightest. The weapons are linear and dull. Everything in Borderlands 2 is dull at best. But they did something right. I honestly don't know what it is. If you consider playing Borderlands 2, make sure you don't play Borderlands first, because Borderlands will completely ruin the Borderlands 2 experience. Expand
  18. May 23, 2013
    It should have been a fantastic addition to what was one of the most fun co-op games I've ever played, but in the end it was bogged down by pointless MMO-additions (boss lockouts) and silly marketing gimmicks, like trying to make everyone camp their twitter feed for "free" golden chest codes. The worst sin of all: They took what was an already borderline-usable UI for PC gamers and madeIt should have been a fantastic addition to what was one of the most fun co-op games I've ever played, but in the end it was bogged down by pointless MMO-additions (boss lockouts) and silly marketing gimmicks, like trying to make everyone camp their twitter feed for "free" golden chest codes. The worst sin of all: They took what was an already borderline-usable UI for PC gamers and made it even worse. A game all about picking up, comparing, and seling items that has a terrible inventory interface is ultimately more frustrating to play than not. 3/10 Expand
  19. Sep 21, 2012
    Short and sweet: No improvements over Borderlands 1 (same unreal rendering engine, no dx-11 support), a blatant console port. This should have been a DLC for the original Borderlands game, and not a standalone.

The fights get repetitive, and all the same negatives that were associated with Borderlands 1 are here again. Less bugs, but that's it. No way worth $59 + $29 for the

No way worth $59 + $29 for the "premium" package. Blatant ripoff by 2k games/Gearbox.
  20. Nov 7, 2013
    I love the original borderlands. This sequel is a failure.

First off, guns on B2 look too cartoony as compared to B1. It's so bizarre in designs that you'd think it's an alien gun, unlike in B1 where it's more or less recognizable and familiar. Claptrap and General Knoxx were funny in B1, now in B2 you get this really annoying bad guy named Jack that tells you tasteless jokes,. not
    I love the original borderlands. This sequel is a failure.

Claptrap and General Knoxx were funny in B1, now in B2 you get this really annoying bad guy named Jack that tells you tasteless jokes,. not funny but plain irritating. On top of that they added some things that I felt to be completely out of line, like the first recorder and it's story(google it). It just sets the tone for a really depressing game. I can only play through it once, as it is that depressing and tasteless. It seemed the sense of humor of the devs got sucked out by some aliens or something.

Also one of my biggest gripes is the huge downgrade of backpack capacity. You can tell from the excuse that Gearbox posted that the writer was trying really hard to come up with a reasonable response to the small backpack. They really screwed the pooch there.

They would have had more success and revenue if they followed the B1 formula or just release B1 DLCs.
  21. Oct 17, 2012
    Finished this game in 8 hours or so. I found it fairly repetitive, and feels just like the sequel. For me, this game lost all of it's redeeming qualities after the first hour, and a tiresome chore after that. No replay value whatsoever, unless you're a perfectionist who wants to collect guns and stuff(I know I don't). Verdict: Rent it, don't buy it. And don't even think about the SeasonFinished this game in 8 hours or so. I found it fairly repetitive, and feels just like the sequel. For me, this game lost all of it's redeeming qualities after the first hour, and a tiresome chore after that. No replay value whatsoever, unless you're a perfectionist who wants to collect guns and stuff(I know I don't). Verdict: Rent it, don't buy it. And don't even think about the Season Pass. It's just a waste of money. Expand
  22. Nov 30, 2012
    I don't usually do this, but Gearbox made a big deal about how much they were going to optimize for the PC, especially with all that special NVidia stuff, and now it's just busted. Installed and re-installed this game twice and all that happens is that it crashes 5 seconds after launch. I have the HD 6670 and FX-4100, and all my drivers are up to date. Paid full price too. Damn shame itsI don't usually do this, but Gearbox made a big deal about how much they were going to optimize for the PC, especially with all that special NVidia stuff, and now it's just busted. Installed and re-installed this game twice and all that happens is that it crashes 5 seconds after launch. I have the HD 6670 and FX-4100, and all my drivers are up to date. Paid full price too. Damn shame its near impossible to resell pc games. Thanks Gearbox Expand
  23. Dec 28, 2012
    This is MMO-lite. You really need to play with friends online. I was interested in this as an offline, single player game and was severely disappointed. There are a lot of fun character builds that interested me and sure anything is "possible" single player, but its just really not fun by yourself. Reviews and feedback from friends were misleading on how online dependent it is and IThis is MMO-lite. You really need to play with friends online. I was interested in this as an offline, single player game and was severely disappointed. There are a lot of fun character builds that interested me and sure anything is "possible" single player, but its just really not fun by yourself. Reviews and feedback from friends were misleading on how online dependent it is and I felt mislead. Between the pacing, repetitive nature, and a number of solo-challenged builds make this game rely on online far too much if you're not expecting it. Expand
  24. Apr 8, 2015
    Check out my Bl1 Review! Is borderlands 2 Over used, rehash Borderlands? I think so, The whole time I played I counted the hours hoping this ♥♥♥♥ would bring something new and cool but just like BL1 it stayed the same. There was some funny dialogue but over all i felt like this is the same ♥♥♥♥ they used in BL1 almost nothing seemed new at all, the drops were complete ♥♥♥♥ I didn't get oneCheck out my Bl1 Review! Is borderlands 2 Over used, rehash Borderlands? I think so, The whole time I played I counted the hours hoping this ♥♥♥♥ would bring something new and cool but just like BL1 it stayed the same. There was some funny dialogue but over all i felt like this is the same ♥♥♥♥ they used in BL1 almost nothing seemed new at all, the drops were complete ♥♥♥♥ I didn't get one orange drop tell I beat the game. None of the bosses did anything cool or new every mechanic seemed to be old from what i can remember of the pretty boring first game tha i also made myself beat since i spent oney on it i was hoping this game brought something new but it brought nothing new sure there might ne some new guys but i would guess 80% the game is all reused ♥♥♥♥ from the first one. Drop Rate is so bad they want you to go online and get golden keys so you can have some what of a good weapon and people thought D3 was bad. This should bin a 20$ game brand new and I'm pissed i bought it on steam for $7.50 I still feel ripped off.

If you love BL1 than you will love this pile of ♥♥♥♥ its the same Game with the same paint.

24 hours to beat
  25. Sep 29, 2012
    The game moves very slow. I like to call it "Borederlands 2." This game simply doesn't appeal to me. They needed more time to fix it and fill in empty spaces.
  26. Jul 29, 2013
    The first 10 hours were pretty cool, the graphics were special and new for me, the wide palette of guns seemed to be great, falling from any height without die was interesting and the chance to get back to life with one single kill is awesome. In nutshell I enjoyed the game a lot in the begining and I thought: I'll buy some more DLC for it.

But after few entertaining hours it's became

But after few entertaining hours it's became boring and annoying.

The AI sometimes was so stupid that NPCs does not even attacked me (therefore boss fights were easier than dealing with some simple soldier). Also the game loves to spawn enemies behind your back which is really annoying. (AI couldn't fire under a particular angle so if you are under them you won't be hurt.) The collective AI is "hyper sensitive" so if you shoot one soldier each of them will attack you in no time in a particular radius. (Combine this with spawning behind your back).

I loved that "invisible walls" are rare but after few missions I've realised that this is just a mark of lazy level design. There are lot of unfinished part of the game and sometimes I've to jump 3-4 time in order to get forward.

The missions became boring and repetitive which means you have to do the same each time.

About the huge number of guns: It's impossible to get a perfect gun that perform well in every aspects. There will be always something wrong. Seriously!

I've tried to force myself to finish at least the main story but i couldn't. This game is not hard but some annoying feature ruins the whole feeling. Pleasure was relevant only in the early hours. (After that period "rage quit" became a more common event.)
  27. Sep 26, 2012
    Bored after a few days, game play gets super repetitive. Wait 'til next Steam Summer Sale to buy this game. Definitely NOT worth $60. Blah blah blah, my review must be at least 150 characters long but this game does not need that much said about it because there is nothing to say.
  28. Sep 19, 2012
    I played the first game about halfway through until the constant respawning of enemies really killed the fun for me. I was hoping they'd at least make it optional to not have everything respawn behind your back (like, only respawn on new games) but no, the second installment is exactly the same in that regard. Maybe some people like this, I find it highly frustrating! The game is prettyI played the first game about halfway through until the constant respawning of enemies really killed the fun for me. I was hoping they'd at least make it optional to not have everything respawn behind your back (like, only respawn on new games) but no, the second installment is exactly the same in that regard. Maybe some people like this, I find it highly frustrating! The game is pretty but apart from a clearly upgraded Borderlands 1 in some ways, it's quite literally the same game and plays just like it. I give the game a 4 because it's a good game in many ways, but for me the constant enemy respawn is such a game breaking feature that I cannot get in to it. Pity. Expand
  29. Sep 19, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is a game where you shoot guns at stuff till it dies. This is enjoyable and a fun way to blow off steam. It has a co-op mode so you can play with your buddies or with people on the internet. Borderlands 2 is mostly made to be played with your friends and have a great time. Its a great concept except the online features work about 50-50 for players. Some get to play theBorderlands 2 is a game where you shoot guns at stuff till it dies. This is enjoyable and a fun way to blow off steam. It has a co-op mode so you can play with your buddies or with people on the internet. Borderlands 2 is mostly made to be played with your friends and have a great time. Its a great concept except the online features work about 50-50 for players. Some get to play the game online and others don't. The only real way to find out if the online is going to work for you is to gamble $60. Gearbox made a game that looks fun to play but it doesn't work. Expand
  30. Sep 20, 2012
    A really bland lifeless shooter with horrible bullet sponge enemies, unfunny humor, poor artstyle and graphics as well as "Billions" of weapons which are just a few weapons with different stats on each one which makes everything a poorly made FPS version of Diablo just like the first and 2K paying off reviewers doesnt help the game either.

What happened to the old Gearbox?

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    It’s addicting, full of creative gags and amazing battles (especially in co-op mode) and it keeps dangling that loot-carrot in front of your face. Add that crazy humor on top and you have a synonymous for the world ‘entertainment’. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    If you're looking for something with a ponderous story full of morality and contemplation – one best savored alone – then you'll need to look elsewhere. Borderlands 2 delivers tons of lighthearted, occasionally juvenile fun with immense replayability, and is best approached with a few buddies in tow. It doesn't revolutionize the concept pioneered by its forebear, but it refines it to a razor-sharp edge and offers some of the most fun you can have in a cooperative action RPG this side of Diablo II. And if nothing else, it's got lots of Claptrap.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    The moment at which my endearingly annoying robot companion Claptrap fashioned himself a Mohawk out of some animal fur I collected he earned a spot on my all-time favorite robot list.