8.1

1. Sep 18, 2012
    A bit of unpolished physics, strange animations, and such keep this from being a perfect ten. But everything else?

Guns: Awesome. Gameplay: Exciting. Writing: Hysterical. Replayability: Basically infinite with the character-spanning Badass Token system.

This game is everything I'd hoped for.
  2. Sep 19, 2012
    Damn near perfect, even for a console port. It is early on launch day yet it feels crisp and clean. Controlling your character is far easier this time around as the control are much better developed for the PC. The humor is dark, although the story is a little more serious this time around. About an hour in to the game you really want to kill Handsome Jack, and if you still think he is aDamn near perfect, even for a console port. It is early on launch day yet it feels crisp and clean. Controlling your character is far easier this time around as the control are much better developed for the PC. The humor is dark, although the story is a little more serious this time around. About an hour in to the game you really want to kill Handsome Jack, and if you still think he is a cool dude by then you're pretty **** up. If you liked Borderlands you will find that this is a true sequel that lives up to the hype.

They did a great job of melding the story of Borderlands with Borderlands 2. I know, I know they are sequels but GearBox didn't really set the first game up for having a sequel. I guess since the story in the original was kinda of lacking it makes sense that it was easy to mold the two together.

Overall Borderlands 2 is a great improvement on the original connecting with friends is far easier now that Steam has been fully integrated, even though it is still a little buggy when connecting initially. Maybe the best improvement they have made is the size of the game. The world feels large and looks large, not the mention it is beautiful. I can run this game on almost the highest setting on my laptop. (Note: I do have a ASUS RoG laptop designed for games but it is kind of dated) If you have a computer that can handle CoD you will be fine.
  3. Sep 18, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is like the original on steroids. Everything is just plain better - voice acting, story, UI, graphics...it's all just better. With the same awesome FPS experience the first one brought to the table. And GUNS. SO MANY GUNS. The game has way better options for PC gamers (FOV option is built right in), and the menu's are not all consolified like the first version, a niceBorderlands 2 is like the original on steroids. Everything is just plain better - voice acting, story, UI, graphics...it's all just better. With the same awesome FPS experience the first one brought to the table. And GUNS. SO MANY GUNS. The game has way better options for PC gamers (FOV option is built right in), and the menu's are not all consolified like the first version, a nice gesture from the slap-in-the-face PC gamers get normally with console ports.

The world also feels bigger, but filled with more characters, rather then just endless desert like the original. While its no Skyrim in terms of world openness, it's at least headed in the right direction.

One small disappointment is the check point system remains the same. You have to find a check point in order to save your progress. Check points are so 90's. Adults have lives, and they don't always have 15 minutes to find the next pole. In the scheme of things...it's a minor complaint.

Bottom line - more baddies for you to shoot, blow-up and electrocute. Better voice acting, more story, better story, and all the FPS action of the original - it's pretty much FPS of the year.
  4. Sep 18, 2012
    This game is exactly what the video game industry needed. I'm only a level 15 and yet i've been playing for hours - new game + just sweetens the deal. It's honestly going to be game of the year without a doubt.
  5. Sep 18, 2012
    If you loved Borderlands, you will love Borderlands 2. They did it. I don't know how, but they made Borderlands better. Best of all, they made the PC version playable! Playing over steam with friends is as easy as playing native steam games like Left 4 Dead 2 with friends. The graphics look great, the game runs perfectly at max settings with high end hardware, and the gameplay is funIf you loved Borderlands, you will love Borderlands 2. They did it. I don't know how, but they made Borderlands better. Best of all, they made the PC version playable! Playing over steam with friends is as easy as playing native steam games like Left 4 Dead 2 with friends. The graphics look great, the game runs perfectly at max settings with high end hardware, and the gameplay is fun and more challenging than the original. The only flaw I can really find in this game is that the menus are unnecessarily clunky. Namely, the inability to use WASD to navigate menus (Skyrim, anyone?). But really, this is a wonderful game so far, and a much better piece of software than the terrible PC version of the first game was. :D Expand
  6. Sep 13, 2013
    played B1 and it was nice, but the trailes and previews of B2 really didnt look to good for me, so i decided 1st not to buy it. But a freind of mine did and keep telling me how great it is so i decided to give it a shot and boy i am glad i did. i played that game over 400+ hours for now, and its the most brilliant and fun game which was ever released imho, i cant wait till they releaseplayed B1 and it was nice, but the trailes and previews of B2 really didnt look to good for me, so i decided 1st not to buy it. But a freind of mine did and keep telling me how great it is so i decided to give it a shot and boy i am glad i did. i played that game over 400+ hours for now, and its the most brilliant and fun game which was ever released imho, i cant wait till they release Borderland 3 tbh, i am curious how it continues. Expand
  7. Apr 16, 2013
    I spend so many hours with this game that I even stop counting. If You liked the first part You must play this one too! Because it is so much better. Plot maybe isn't epic but is a good add on to a great shooter rpg.
  8. May 19, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is an incredible, breathtaking game. The storyline is engaging and hilarious, and the game features some of the best voice acting i've ever heard in a game. The combat is addictive, especially when you're playing co-op, and there is nothing more rewarding then defeating the baddies and going to retrieve your new gun. The best shoot and loot of all time.
  9. Jun 11, 2013
    I really love this game! Especially the co-op, but single-player is also fun! The art of the game looks awesome and you have millions of weapons to choose from! Also a second and third playthrough in this game is still fun!! You definitely have to buy this game, its SUPER BADASS!!!
  10. Jul 26, 2013
    just buy this game! if you are thinking of buying this game just do it right now you will have hours of fun playing this game and the pc port is great i have had no problems
  11. Aug 6, 2013
    I can't even start to describe the amounts of laughs, fun and action this game packs.
    A true gem that combines RPG and FPS so well, by using inginious characters spiced qith superb sarcasm and beautiful graphics.
    I can't stopped playing it, and it already have 4 DLCs, and a level cap increase!!
  12. Aug 24, 2013
    This game delivers.
    It's got good music, funny dialogues, quests and claptrap. It even got me into buying a helmet to customize the looks of my Assasin.
    I got a solid 70 hours of gameplay and there's still plenty to discover and complete if I want to.
  13. Apr 25, 2013
    The Borderlands series has a brilliant formula of wacky humor, countless guns, and RPG mechanics. Borderlands 2 has crushed its prequel with modified gameplay, gorgeous graphics, hectic music and an interesting story. While the sequel improved in every department, its story took me by surprise. The strong, unique, and diverse personalities you’ll meet through the well-paced story improvesThe Borderlands series has a brilliant formula of wacky humor, countless guns, and RPG mechanics. Borderlands 2 has crushed its prequel with modified gameplay, gorgeous graphics, hectic music and an interesting story. While the sequel improved in every department, its story took me by surprise. The strong, unique, and diverse personalities you’ll meet through the well-paced story improves the entire experience. Most importantly, this gives life and excitement to the planet of Pandora, which was just a boring hunk of rock in the original game. The “Bazzilion” guns that Gearbox claimed Borderlands 2 will have was no joke, and it’s more than just a few minor tweaks in damage and accuracy. The guns will sometimes have a huge bayonet, a wacky reload animation, a crazy looking scope, and may not even have any recoil. When the critics can only complain about an imperfect user-interface, we can conclude that the gameplay is as addicting as we all hoped it would be. Its well-deserved popularity certainly earns a nomination for Game of the Year 2012. For fans of the original Borderlands, this is a no-brainer, but for those who are skeptical about the unique gaming experience that Borderlands 2 has to offer, it’s time to come to your senses and get in on the fun that you’ve been missing out on. Expand
  14. Jul 27, 2013
    As someone who played the first one for nearly 100 hours. I can proudly say I have thoroughly enjoyed the second one racking up over a 100 so far and still playing.

This game improves the weaknesses of the first game and reinforces its strengths. Its graphics and physics are improved, but they still maintain the cartoon-y/ comic book-y style. There is a lot more variation in the amount of guns you can come across and a lot of interesting styles of guns. The story is more in depth, although not amazing, but most people don't play Borderlands for the story, they play it for the amazingly addictive game play, which they improved even more. What I really like in Borderlands 2 is there is a bigger variety of characters you can play as, some who are slow paced ranges units, and then the faced paced, up close, Have loads of fun while you get your ass kicked, but at the same time kick ass" style characters.

Overall: If you enjoy blind violence, astronomically huge environments, psychotic characters, and dark humor, this is the game for you.
  15. Jan 24, 2013
    Hilarious writing, great characters, beautiful levels, and sooo many guns! My biggest complaints about Borderlands 1 were the interface issues on PC, and nearly all of those are solved in BL2. The only minor issue I have with BL2 is the inventory management. Bulky, and clunky navigation, but that is only a very minor side note on an otherwise fantastic game! The coop play really makesHilarious writing, great characters, beautiful levels, and sooo many guns! My biggest complaints about Borderlands 1 were the interface issues on PC, and nearly all of those are solved in BL2. The only minor issue I have with BL2 is the inventory management. Bulky, and clunky navigation, but that is only a very minor side note on an otherwise fantastic game! The coop play really makes this game shine! Single player is fun, but playing with friends is what this game was meant for. Expand
  16. May 1, 2013
    I did not play the original. I glanced at the game and didn't think this was my cup of tea either. Boy, was I wrong. This game is a pure blast, especially to play with friends. The devs have put out a bunch of after market DLC to keep content fresh. If you like laughing, and you like can appreciate how hard it is to actually include humor in something that is already fun, then you too willI did not play the original. I glanced at the game and didn't think this was my cup of tea either. Boy, was I wrong. This game is a pure blast, especially to play with friends. The devs have put out a bunch of after market DLC to keep content fresh. If you like laughing, and you like can appreciate how hard it is to actually include humor in something that is already fun, then you too will like this game.

I strongly recommend this game
  17. Dec 29, 2012
    Best rpg/shooter ever. 2k took the best parts of BL1 and just hit it home. The guns are more balanced in this installment. Good because there's always a better replacement and bad because there aren't more bank and twink slots. (The shelf life of BL1 guns were far greater.) The game is beautiful both in function and in form in every way. The only gripe I have is the 2D map isBest rpg/shooter ever. 2k took the best parts of BL1 and just hit it home. The guns are more balanced in this installment. Good because there's always a better replacement and bad because there aren't more bank and twink slots. (The shelf life of BL1 guns were far greater.) The game is beautiful both in function and in form in every way. The only gripe I have is the 2D map is sometimes hard to follow. The missions are varied and interesting and multiplayer is a blast. This one's a keeper. Expand
  18. Jan 14, 2013
    That game just awesome, chiseled the loot compared bl1, more bazillion guns, 96.5% more wub wub, various missions, creative characters, the old characters from bl1 be present on this game, need more?
  19. Jan 6, 2015
    A worthy successor to a fresh,original idea,evolving it to the next level.
    The game has loveable characters,insane humor,and addictive gameplay mix of and FPS and an RPG.

Go my minion,play this!
  20. Feb 15, 2013
    This game dramatically improves upon BL1. This game has perfected the run, gun and loot genre of fps. Now this may be a little repetitive at times so I can not give it a perfect 10. This game does not take a lot of skill to play but as far as enjoyment I would give this game an 11 if I could. The music and sound effects are awesome if you have a good sound card and cans. The writing isThis game dramatically improves upon BL1. This game has perfected the run, gun and loot genre of fps. Now this may be a little repetitive at times so I can not give it a perfect 10. This game does not take a lot of skill to play but as far as enjoyment I would give this game an 11 if I could. The music and sound effects are awesome if you have a good sound card and cans. The writing is hilarious and general mood of the world is outstanding. If your tired of BF3 and COD and are looking just for pure fun and smiles grab this game for sure. Expand
  21. May 25, 2013
    Such a wonderful open world, full of fun and violence. Borderlands 2 is a big step up from Borderlands 1, and will keep you entertained for at least 25 hours. The only thing I dislike are the invisible walls, they can get slightly annoying.
  22. Aug 25, 2013
    Excellent game, the brilliantly wide variety of guns, gadgets and missions keeps you coming back for more and more, and the boss fights get more and more epic. A truly special game I was happy to complete.....

Only for it to get even better in multiplayer!

A really great game.
  23. Dec 31, 2012
    An infinitely delectable game. It's beautifully thought-out: phenomenal artwork, more guns than you could dream of and a challenge you can just about handle around every corner. Excellent in every respect - Borderlands 1 was fantastic but this is beyond doubt one of the most enjoyable and immersive games ever made.
  24. Jan 10, 2013
    Each one hour I play , more I wanna play , it's so involving , i like it and don't give up this is the best game i ever played , bought all dlc's and waiting for others coming
  25. Feb 19, 2013
    Gearbox really did a fantastic job on Borderlands 2. Everything, from the enviroments, the gun variety, and the humor are really fantastic and I can't praise the developers more than I can already. Aside from a few minor complaints, there is nothing holding it back from a major award. The opening mission really pulled me in, as Claptrap's hilarious first dialouge sets up the start for theGearbox really did a fantastic job on Borderlands 2. Everything, from the enviroments, the gun variety, and the humor are really fantastic and I can't praise the developers more than I can already. Aside from a few minor complaints, there is nothing holding it back from a major award. The opening mission really pulled me in, as Claptrap's hilarious first dialouge sets up the start for the game. Claptrap's dialouge in it of itself is very hilarous and at times moves the plot forward. Seaking of plot, this is an area where Borderlands 2 excells. Handsome Jack is hands down one of the best villians I have ever faced. The returning cast of characters from the first game are all given something to do and a role to play. Moving on, the variety is insane, with more weapons than I can attempt to count, and the customization for your characters is equally as impressive. The side quests in this game are massive in number and you will never find yourself running low on them. And the side quests play a role too, because you cannot JUST DO THE MAIN QUESTS. That is highly inadvisable, as the teeming hordes of enemies that Handsome Jack throughs at you towards the end will show no mercy when they cut you down. The drop in, drop out co-op is very impressive, and in my opinion, the only way to play. My friend and I(HUGE thanks to him) played through the game together from level 1 up to our current level of 29 and we have only scratched the surface of the multitude of quests this game has to offer. My only complaints are that the npc's in Sanctuary and the other non-enemy controlled towns are very bland and seem to use the same character model. The memes in this game are everywhere to be found and NEVER go away. Memes only tell us that your too lazy to write an actual joke so you have to take someone else's content. But nonetheless, this game is amazing and I cannot wait for the upcoming DLC's this game has to offer. Expand
  26. Apr 21, 2013
    I like this game a lot, you can shoot many different guns and there is also multiplayer co-op. I have the season pass too which adds lots of more enemies and more guns. This game is more fun than Aliens:Colonial Marines. I like.
  27. Sep 18, 2013
    The same great style of Borderlands, good voice acting, good characters, etc. I actually played this one all the way through unlike the original. Unfortunately that's not enough to unlock all the skill trees and apparently they expect multiple replays. Mulitplayer jumping in and out of games is pretty seamless and well done. There are exploits to let you hold on to your premium chestThe same great style of Borderlands, good voice acting, good characters, etc. I actually played this one all the way through unlike the original. Unfortunately that's not enough to unlock all the skill trees and apparently they expect multiple replays. Mulitplayer jumping in and out of games is pretty seamless and well done. There are exploits to let you hold on to your premium chest keys and wikis with all the codes if you're in to gear hoarding. Expand
  28. Aug 17, 2013
    Absolutely amazing! I've invested 190 hours as of now, and not one of them was dull. Borderlands 2 is better in every aspect than the first, excluding two things. The only things keeping me from giving this game a 10 is the removal of weapon proficiencies and the gun manufacturers S&S munitions, and Atlas. Other than that, this game is nothing short of a masterpiece. With it's chaotic,Absolutely amazing! I've invested 190 hours as of now, and not one of them was dull. Borderlands 2 is better in every aspect than the first, excluding two things. The only things keeping me from giving this game a 10 is the removal of weapon proficiencies and the gun manufacturers S&S munitions, and Atlas. Other than that, this game is nothing short of a masterpiece. With it's chaotic, fast-paced firefights, it's awesome co-op multiplayer, and great leveling system, I can't put a price on this game that I wouldn't be willing to pay. Expand
  29. Jul 4, 2013
    Borderlands 2 deliveries more fun, in a already amazing game title. This game has lots of replay ability, and lots of great dlc,s to keep you LOOT hunting for a very long time.. Oh and slot machines you can win money, items and guns. Ps, and more Moxxi
  30. May 24, 2013
    A very great and as well badass game!This creation is yet one of the best of 2012,delivering mindblowing game-play for you and your friends that you are going to play with.This game is to be BOUGHT if you want to spend some time with you and your friend in the awesome co-op campaign!

It’s addicting, full of creative gags and amazing battles (especially in co-op mode) and it keeps dangling that loot-carrot in front of your face. Add that crazy humor on top and you have a synonymous for the world ‘entertainment’. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    If you're looking for something with a ponderous story full of morality and contemplation – one best savored alone – then you'll need to look elsewhere. Borderlands 2 delivers tons of lighthearted, occasionally juvenile fun with immense replayability, and is best approached with a few buddies in tow. It doesn't revolutionize the concept pioneered by its forebear, but it refines it to a razor-sharp edge and offers some of the most fun you can have in a cooperative action RPG this side of Diablo II. And if nothing else, it's got lots of Claptrap.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    The moment at which my endearingly annoying robot companion Claptrap fashioned himself a Mohawk out of some animal fur I collected he earned a spot on my all-time favorite robot list.