Borderlands 2 PC

8.2

1. Oct 1, 2012
    In many ways Borderlands 2 improves upon BL1 and, if you are a fan of the first game in the series, I would easily recommend this one. The gameplay seems a bit smoother, the art seems a bit more polished, and rocket launchers can actually do damage! That being said, there are a few things I would like to inform any potential buyers: 1. The loot system, while apparently expanded, seemed aIn many ways Borderlands 2 improves upon BL1 and, if you are a fan of the first game in the series, I would easily recommend this one. The gameplay seems a bit smoother, the art seems a bit more polished, and rocket launchers can actually do damage! That being said, there are a few things I would like to inform any potential buyers: 1. The loot system, while apparently expanded, seemed a tad bit limited. Oh sure, you find guns that have better stats and they might even have a new skin, but because all the gun manufacturers have their own "quirks" that apply to EVERY gun they make (i.e. all hyperion guns start out inaccurate but gain accuracy the longer you fire), all the guns seem rather similar. You no longer get the "HX480" prefix in your gun titles, which, while it might appeal to many gamers, also makes it harder to see if you have a gun made up of the perfect parts. Also, if you have been following the press releases about the game, the advertised "thrown together" aspects of Bandit guns are out. Originally there were supposed to be beer bottles in place of scopes and a screw that you look down when in ADS mode. It seems that now all bandit guns have is a "dirty" or graffiti'd paint job. 2. The environments have definitely been expanded upon, with caverns and mines filled with acid to a modern city open for you to loot and shoot your way through. The problem that might turn off some gamers is that the devs added more obstacles for you to run past so that there is a greater sense of progression. This is, in my opinion, a double edged sword because this leads to a cluster of terrain that is almost impossible to navigate without using the map. 3. Badass points: You gain badass points whenever you do challenges like "shoot x amount of enemies with sniper rifles". You can then spend these points on upping gun damage, reload speed, etc. This replaces the weapon proficiency system of BL1, so that some gamers wouldn't feel committed to using the type of gun they had used up to that point. On the other hand, you don't feel like you are improving with a certain weapon type, which cuts down on a bit of the RPG aspects IMO. 4. Gore: In order to release world-wide uncut, Gearbox disabled decapitations. In BL1, a headshot with a decent sniper rifle and *boom*. Head gone. In BL2, even though the blood from the headshot still spews out like in the prequel, the enemy models still retain their heads. This is a rather minor complaint, but judging from the Gearbox forums, there are a good number of people ticked off by this.

All in all, I think that this is a pretty good game. The only setbacks I thought it had were conscious decisions made by Gearbox and, while I might not be the specific market they are trying to appeal to, there is still enough shoot and loot for me to enjoy BL2 immensely. I'd also keep in mind that Gearbox was trying to release Aliens colonel marines and Duke Nukem Forever at the same time, which might explain the lack of innovation in terms of Bandit weapons. My hope is they balance the innovations (the manufacturer "quirks") in BL3.
  2. Sep 18, 2012
    A bit of unpolished physics, strange animations, and such keep this from being a perfect ten. But everything else?

Guns: Awesome. Gameplay: Exciting. Writing: Hysterical. Replayability: Basically infinite with the character-spanning Badass Token system.

This game is everything I'd hoped for.
  3. Sep 19, 2012
    Damn near perfect, even for a console port. It is early on launch day yet it feels crisp and clean. Controlling your character is far easier this time around as the control are much better developed for the PC. The humor is dark, although the story is a little more serious this time around. About an hour in to the game you really want to kill Handsome Jack, and if you still think he is aDamn near perfect, even for a console port. It is early on launch day yet it feels crisp and clean. Controlling your character is far easier this time around as the control are much better developed for the PC. The humor is dark, although the story is a little more serious this time around. About an hour in to the game you really want to kill Handsome Jack, and if you still think he is a cool dude by then you're pretty **** up. If you liked Borderlands you will find that this is a true sequel that lives up to the hype.

They did a great job of melding the story of Borderlands with Borderlands 2. I know, I know they are sequels but GearBox didn't really set the first game up for having a sequel. I guess since the story in the original was kinda of lacking it makes sense that it was easy to mold the two together.

Overall Borderlands 2 is a great improvement on the original connecting with friends is far easier now that Steam has been fully integrated, even though it is still a little buggy when connecting initially. Maybe the best improvement they have made is the size of the game. The world feels large and looks large, not the mention it is beautiful. I can run this game on almost the highest setting on my laptop. (Note: I do have a ASUS RoG laptop designed for games but it is kind of dated) If you have a computer that can handle CoD you will be fine.
  4. Sep 18, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is like the original on steroids. Everything is just plain better - voice acting, story, UI, graphics...it's all just better. With the same awesome FPS experience the first one brought to the table. And GUNS. SO MANY GUNS. The game has way better options for PC gamers (FOV option is built right in), and the menu's are not all consolified like the first version, a niceBorderlands 2 is like the original on steroids. Everything is just plain better - voice acting, story, UI, graphics...it's all just better. With the same awesome FPS experience the first one brought to the table. And GUNS. SO MANY GUNS. The game has way better options for PC gamers (FOV option is built right in), and the menu's are not all consolified like the first version, a nice gesture from the slap-in-the-face PC gamers get normally with console ports.

The world also feels bigger, but filled with more characters, rather then just endless desert like the original. While its no Skyrim in terms of world openness, it's at least headed in the right direction.

One small disappointment is the check point system remains the same. You have to find a check point in order to save your progress. Check points are so 90's. Adults have lives, and they don't always have 15 minutes to find the next pole. In the scheme of things...it's a minor complaint.

Bottom line - more baddies for you to shoot, blow-up and electrocute. Better voice acting, more story, better story, and all the FPS action of the original - it's pretty much FPS of the year.
  5. Sep 18, 2012
    This game is exactly what the video game industry needed. I'm only a level 15 and yet i've been playing for hours - new game + just sweetens the deal. It's honestly going to be game of the year without a doubt.
  6. Sep 18, 2012
    If you loved Borderlands, you will love Borderlands 2. They did it. I don't know how, but they made Borderlands better. Best of all, they made the PC version playable! Playing over steam with friends is as easy as playing native steam games like Left 4 Dead 2 with friends. The graphics look great, the game runs perfectly at max settings with high end hardware, and the gameplay is funIf you loved Borderlands, you will love Borderlands 2. They did it. I don't know how, but they made Borderlands better. Best of all, they made the PC version playable! Playing over steam with friends is as easy as playing native steam games like Left 4 Dead 2 with friends. The graphics look great, the game runs perfectly at max settings with high end hardware, and the gameplay is fun and more challenging than the original. The only flaw I can really find in this game is that the menus are unnecessarily clunky. Namely, the inability to use WASD to navigate menus (Skyrim, anyone?). But really, this is a wonderful game so far, and a much better piece of software than the terrible PC version of the first game was. :D Expand
  7. May 3, 2014
    This game runs great on PC, beautiful graphic upgrade options too. Netplay is 10-fold better than the original game, no longer requiring 3rd party credentials! Get it when it's on sale, steam does it several times a year. I've gotten close to 100 hours on my first playthrough, but I really enjoy doing all the DLC and stuff the first time around.
  8. Jul 27, 2013
    As someone who played the first one for nearly 100 hours. I can proudly say I have thoroughly enjoyed the second one racking up over a 100 so far and still playing.

This game improves the weaknesses of the first game and reinforces its strengths. Its graphics and physics are improved, but they still maintain the cartoon-y/ comic book-y style. There is a lot more variation in the amount of guns you can come across and a lot of interesting styles of guns. The story is more in depth, although not amazing, but most people don't play Borderlands for the story, they play it for the amazingly addictive game play, which they improved even more. What I really like in Borderlands 2 is there is a bigger variety of characters you can play as, some who are slow paced ranges units, and then the faced paced, up close, Have loads of fun while you get your ass kicked, but at the same time kick ass" style characters.

Overall: If you enjoy blind violence, astronomically huge environments, psychotic characters, and dark humor, this is the game for you.
  9. Jul 15, 2013
    I never played the original Borderlands, so take this review at that. I've found this to be the most unbelievably frustrating game I've ever played. It's also one of the best shooters I've ever played. It keeps me quite entertained, and even though I sometimes want to throw my computer through a window when I die, I still keep playing. It's addictive with an interesting story, and killingI never played the original Borderlands, so take this review at that. I've found this to be the most unbelievably frustrating game I've ever played. It's also one of the best shooters I've ever played. It keeps me quite entertained, and even though I sometimes want to throw my computer through a window when I die, I still keep playing. It's addictive with an interesting story, and killing stuff never seems to get old, at least for me.

There are, however, a few major flaws that really make me scratch my head. First, clipping in this game needs some serious work. Whoever did QA on this, is a complete and utter moron. Sometimes you walk up to a big step, and the character walks right up it. Sometimes you walk up to a tiny little crack in the ground, and the character REFUSES to walk over it without a jump. Sometimes you walk up to a tiny little ledge and while pressing forward against it, you jump and the character hops a little bit as if he's just hit his head on the ceiling. Stop pressing forward and just jump, and the character jumps up as it should. It's clipping failure left and right in every map of this entire game. I can't count the number of times I died, just because of this severe flaw. When I contacted 2k about it, they pushed it to the back burner, then never responded to it. Ticket submitted on 10/26/2012.

Second, the inventory in this game is so strange, it's annoying. 99% of the time, you look at a weapon that is nowhere near as good as the one you're holding. It's extremely rare to be able to find, or even purchase, a weapon that is really that much better than the one you already have. Even once you've finished the game and are doing some of the near impossible missions, it still seems as if the "loot" is worthless. OK, not worthless, but you can surely take it to a machine and sell it for cash. This goes for weapons, grenades, character mods, shields, etc. The absolute plethora of guns gets unbelievably annoying after awhile.

Third is the health system. It drives me CRAZY that you can't hold a replenisher for health, in your inventory. You can only pick up health if you happen to need it at that moment. Health is never there when you need it, and is always there when you don't. The timing is ridiculous. You either need to be prepared for your battle, or be prepared to die because of it.
  10. Sep 13, 2013
    played B1 and it was nice, but the trailes and previews of B2 really didnt look to good for me, so i decided 1st not to buy it. But a freind of mine did and keep telling me how great it is so i decided to give it a shot and boy i am glad i did. i played that game over 400+ hours for now, and its the most brilliant and fun game which was ever released imho, i cant wait till they releaseplayed B1 and it was nice, but the trailes and previews of B2 really didnt look to good for me, so i decided 1st not to buy it. But a freind of mine did and keep telling me how great it is so i decided to give it a shot and boy i am glad i did. i played that game over 400+ hours for now, and its the most brilliant and fun game which was ever released imho, i cant wait till they release Borderland 3 tbh, i am curious how it continues. Expand
  11. Apr 16, 2013
    I spend so many hours with this game that I even stop counting. If You liked the first part You must play this one too! Because it is so much better. Plot maybe isn't epic but is a good add on to a great shooter rpg.
  12. May 19, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is an incredible, breathtaking game. The storyline is engaging and hilarious, and the game features some of the best voice acting i've ever heard in a game. The combat is addictive, especially when you're playing co-op, and there is nothing more rewarding then defeating the baddies and going to retrieve your new gun. The best shoot and loot of all time.
  13. sft
    Sep 16, 2013
    I ain’t gonna bite, pro’ly 2

I ain’t gonna bite, pro’ly 2

Almost everything I loved about the original Borderlands is here in BL2. I say almost because the only thing that’s missing is some of the charm and humour of the original. But BL2 is still a great game, and it improves on the original in one area the variety of enemies. Again the visuals and sound design are impressive. There are plenty of maps to explore as you complete the numerous missions. The combat is well-balanced and challenging without being frustrating. And there are, as advertised, “bazillions” of weapons (too many, in my opinion it’s gets a bit tedious deciding what to keep and what to sell or dump). And it’s a great multiplayer game too, especially with friends. I guess it’s hard to match what was an excellent game first time around, but Gearbox have just about managed it despite not being quite as memorable as the first.
  14. Jun 11, 2013
    I really love this game! Especially the co-op, but single-player is also fun! The art of the game looks awesome and you have millions of weapons to choose from! Also a second and third playthrough in this game is still fun!! You definitely have to buy this game, its SUPER BADASS!!!
  15. Jun 24, 2013
    I didn't believe that Borderlands 2 can be as good as it's brother but it is. Overall it DOUBLED Borderlands. The awesome places, funny scenarios, really awesome looking guns, a good storyline made this game the best Co-op game ever made.
  16. Jul 26, 2013
    just buy this game! if you are thinking of buying this game just do it right now you will have hours of fun playing this game and the pc port is great i have had no problems
  17. Aug 6, 2013
    I can't even start to describe the amounts of laughs, fun and action this game packs.
    A true gem that combines RPG and FPS so well, by using inginious characters spiced qith superb sarcasm and beautiful graphics.
    I can't stopped playing it, and it already have 4 DLCs, and a level cap increase!!
  18. Aug 24, 2013
    This game delivers.
    It's got good music, funny dialogues, quests and claptrap. It even got me into buying a helmet to customize the looks of my Assasin.
    I got a solid 70 hours of gameplay and there's still plenty to discover and complete if I want to.
  19. Jan 6, 2015
    I got this game for $5 during a steam sale, and just figured if it was trash, I wouldn't have wasted that much money. But I got way more than I bargained. Borderlands 2 is a roller coaster ride of destruction and mayhem, and it is so fun to play. So fun in fact, that I paid full price for all the DLC, because I wanted more. Sure, the overuse of edgy memes gets annoying, but the gameplay isI got this game for $5 during a steam sale, and just figured if it was trash, I wouldn't have wasted that much money. But I got way more than I bargained. Borderlands 2 is a roller coaster ride of destruction and mayhem, and it is so fun to play. So fun in fact, that I paid full price for all the DLC, because I wanted more. Sure, the overuse of edgy memes gets annoying, but the gameplay is a blast. Expand
  20. Apr 25, 2013
    The Borderlands series has a brilliant formula of wacky humor, countless guns, and RPG mechanics. Borderlands 2 has crushed its prequel with modified gameplay, gorgeous graphics, hectic music and an interesting story. While the sequel improved in every department, its story took me by surprise. The strong, unique, and diverse personalities you’ll meet through the well-paced story improvesThe Borderlands series has a brilliant formula of wacky humor, countless guns, and RPG mechanics. Borderlands 2 has crushed its prequel with modified gameplay, gorgeous graphics, hectic music and an interesting story. While the sequel improved in every department, its story took me by surprise. The strong, unique, and diverse personalities you’ll meet through the well-paced story improves the entire experience. Most importantly, this gives life and excitement to the planet of Pandora, which was just a boring hunk of rock in the original game. The “Bazzilion” guns that Gearbox claimed Borderlands 2 will have was no joke, and it’s more than just a few minor tweaks in damage and accuracy. The guns will sometimes have a huge bayonet, a wacky reload animation, a crazy looking scope, and may not even have any recoil. When the critics can only complain about an imperfect user-interface, we can conclude that the gameplay is as addicting as we all hoped it would be. Its well-deserved popularity certainly earns a nomination for Game of the Year 2012. For fans of the original Borderlands, this is a no-brainer, but for those who are skeptical about the unique gaming experience that Borderlands 2 has to offer, it’s time to come to your senses and get in on the fun that you’ve been missing out on. Expand
  21. Jan 24, 2013
    Hilarious writing, great characters, beautiful levels, and sooo many guns! My biggest complaints about Borderlands 1 were the interface issues on PC, and nearly all of those are solved in BL2. The only minor issue I have with BL2 is the inventory management. Bulky, and clunky navigation, but that is only a very minor side note on an otherwise fantastic game! The coop play really makesHilarious writing, great characters, beautiful levels, and sooo many guns! My biggest complaints about Borderlands 1 were the interface issues on PC, and nearly all of those are solved in BL2. The only minor issue I have with BL2 is the inventory management. Bulky, and clunky navigation, but that is only a very minor side note on an otherwise fantastic game! The coop play really makes this game shine! Single player is fun, but playing with friends is what this game was meant for. Expand
  22. May 1, 2013
    I did not play the original. I glanced at the game and didn't think this was my cup of tea either. Boy, was I wrong. This game is a pure blast, especially to play with friends. The devs have put out a bunch of after market DLC to keep content fresh. If you like laughing, and you like can appreciate how hard it is to actually include humor in something that is already fun, then you too willI did not play the original. I glanced at the game and didn't think this was my cup of tea either. Boy, was I wrong. This game is a pure blast, especially to play with friends. The devs have put out a bunch of after market DLC to keep content fresh. If you like laughing, and you like can appreciate how hard it is to actually include humor in something that is already fun, then you too will like this game.

I strongly recommend this game
  23. Dec 29, 2012
    Best rpg/shooter ever. 2k took the best parts of BL1 and just hit it home. The guns are more balanced in this installment. Good because there's always a better replacement and bad because there aren't more bank and twink slots. (The shelf life of BL1 guns were far greater.) The game is beautiful both in function and in form in every way. The only gripe I have is the 2D map isBest rpg/shooter ever. 2k took the best parts of BL1 and just hit it home. The guns are more balanced in this installment. Good because there's always a better replacement and bad because there aren't more bank and twink slots. (The shelf life of BL1 guns were far greater.) The game is beautiful both in function and in form in every way. The only gripe I have is the 2D map is sometimes hard to follow. The missions are varied and interesting and multiplayer is a blast. This one's a keeper. Expand
  24. Jan 14, 2013
    That game just awesome, chiseled the loot compared bl1, more bazillion guns, 96.5% more wub wub, various missions, creative characters, the old characters from bl1 be present on this game, need more?
  25. Jan 6, 2015
    A worthy successor to a fresh,original idea,evolving it to the next level.
    The game has loveable characters,insane humor,and addictive gameplay mix of and FPS and an RPG.

Go my minion,play this!
  26. Feb 15, 2013
    This game dramatically improves upon BL1. This game has perfected the run, gun and loot genre of fps. Now this may be a little repetitive at times so I can not give it a perfect 10. This game does not take a lot of skill to play but as far as enjoyment I would give this game an 11 if I could. The music and sound effects are awesome if you have a good sound card and cans. The writing isThis game dramatically improves upon BL1. This game has perfected the run, gun and loot genre of fps. Now this may be a little repetitive at times so I can not give it a perfect 10. This game does not take a lot of skill to play but as far as enjoyment I would give this game an 11 if I could. The music and sound effects are awesome if you have a good sound card and cans. The writing is hilarious and general mood of the world is outstanding. If your tired of BF3 and COD and are looking just for pure fun and smiles grab this game for sure. Expand
  27. May 25, 2013
    Such a wonderful open world, full of fun and violence. Borderlands 2 is a big step up from Borderlands 1, and will keep you entertained for at least 25 hours. The only thing I dislike are the invisible walls, they can get slightly annoying.
  28. Aug 25, 2013
    Excellent game, the brilliantly wide variety of guns, gadgets and missions keeps you coming back for more and more, and the boss fights get more and more epic. A truly special game I was happy to complete.....

Only for it to get even better in multiplayer!

A really great game.
  29. Dec 31, 2012
    An infinitely delectable game. It's beautifully thought-out: phenomenal artwork, more guns than you could dream of and a challenge you can just about handle around every corner. Excellent in every respect - Borderlands 1 was fantastic but this is beyond doubt one of the most enjoyable and immersive games ever made.
  30. Jan 10, 2013
    Each one hour I play , more I wanna play , it's so involving , i like it and don't give up this is the best game i ever played , bought all dlc's and waiting for others coming

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    It’s addicting, full of creative gags and amazing battles (especially in co-op mode) and it keeps dangling that loot-carrot in front of your face. Add that crazy humor on top and you have a synonymous for the world ‘entertainment’. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    If you're looking for something with a ponderous story full of morality and contemplation – one best savored alone – then you'll need to look elsewhere. Borderlands 2 delivers tons of lighthearted, occasionally juvenile fun with immense replayability, and is best approached with a few buddies in tow. It doesn't revolutionize the concept pioneered by its forebear, but it refines it to a razor-sharp edge and offers some of the most fun you can have in a cooperative action RPG this side of Diablo II. And if nothing else, it's got lots of Claptrap.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    The moment at which my endearingly annoying robot companion Claptrap fashioned himself a Mohawk out of some animal fur I collected he earned a spot on my all-time favorite robot list.