8.1

1. Oct 1, 2012
    Borderlands 1 was pitch perfect; this one goes even further! Excellent graphics, excellently designed guns and terrain. Great gameplay mixed with lots of explosions is a must these days and this game does just that. It combines everything that a FPS player wants and turns it into a masterpiece. Great game, deffinetely better than it's predecessor.
  2. Sep 21, 2012
    Great game, good graphics, exciting gameplay, brilliant loot, only problem so far is very very minor glitching , but all in all I am pleased I got it
  3. Sep 19, 2012

4. Sep 18, 2012
    This game is exactly what the video game industry needed. I'm only a level 15 and yet i've been playing for hours - new game + just sweetens the deal. It's honestly going to be game of the year without a doubt.
  5. Sep 18, 2012
    Beautiful graphics and animation, excellent cinematography, voice acting, dark sense of humor and overall theme.

Lots of quests / missions that are made even more seamless than the first. You might still feel it's a bit grindy, but if you don't like staples of RPGs (leveling, looting, questing) you shouldn't play RPGs.

The game certainly delivers as a FPS, perfect weapon / aim
    control, combat feels very fluid. Expand
  6. Sep 27, 2012
    This game is great, and so much better if you play with friends. Three of us have started from right at the beginning together and it has been just an awesome trip. If you have somehow found yourself bored with this game, you need to get some friends and play together.

You can tell they took some time with the PC version as it works like a dream. Loads fast, plays smooth and feels
    right. I recommend anyone get this. Complaints: Server Side Loot in Co-Op: I recommend not playing with randoms. With everyone seeing the same loot it simply becomes a race to who can get the best loot. Playing with friends helps minimize this, but it can still be an issue making sure everyone is getting good stuff. Hopefully in a future Borderlands they will move to client side loot. Money System: By rank 18 I had purchased all the Eridium upgrades off the black Market. Now I have a ton of Eridium and nothing to spend it on. The only real use for money is to farm in the slot machines. I hope in some DLC they add some creative uses for money (maybe build your own gun shops or gun modification kiosks or something...) Expand
  7. Sep 18, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is like the original on steroids. Everything is just plain better - voice acting, story, UI, graphics...it's all just better. With the same awesome FPS experience the first one brought to the table. And GUNS. SO MANY GUNS. The game has way better options for PC gamers (FOV option is built right in), and the menu's are not all consolified like the first version, a nice gesture from the slap-in-the-face PC gamers get normally with console ports.

The world also feels bigger, but filled with more characters, rather then just endless desert like the original. While its no Skyrim in terms of world openness, it's at least headed in the right direction.

One small disappointment is the check point system remains the same. You have to find a check point in order to save your progress. Check points are so 90's. Adults have lives, and they don't always have 15 minutes to find the next pole. In the scheme of things...it's a minor complaint.

Bottom line - more baddies for you to shoot, blow-up and electrocute. Better voice acting, more story, better story, and all the FPS action of the original - it's pretty much FPS of the year.
  8. Aug 21, 2013
    The best game i ever missed.
    I saw it on steam, was bored after a week full of customer meetings and gave it a try.
    As RPG and Shooter fan, also as old Shadowrun lover i was totally sucked in by the great atmospehere in the game. The flow, they style, the music and the game pacing and mechanics. All works together in a great symbiosis. Would have been my top choice as game of the year
    for 2012 if i wouldnt have missed it.
    Now after so many game-letdowns i finally found a great game where i didnt expected it.
    BUY BUY BUY. have fun. germany out.
  9. Sep 19, 2012
    The game is like a polished version of 1. If you loved 1 you will probably love this one. It takes the concepts from the 1st game and expands them. I am playing with 3 friends and I feel like many hours of our collective lives will be buried in this title. During the 1st Hour I laughed, got knocked down, got numerous satisfying headshots and squealed like a kid at Christmas.
  10. Jun 11, 2013
    This game is near flawless. With exciting AND addictive game-play that stays fresh even past the 2nd play-through I am never board with this game. Especially considering how easy it really is to play with friends. I do wish it was more possible for people of different level ranges to play together but we cant have it all.
    In stark contrast to the first Borderlands, the story is
    actually compelling and the superb voice acting makes it hard not to be drawn in. The humor plays a big part as well and never feels out of place in the abstract Borderlands universe.
    The graphics look great on both high AND mid range systems, offering highly stylized graphics that still have a touch of realism.
    In closing I must commend Gearbox Software for their love-letter to the PC community. Literally every gripe I had with the shoddy console-port that was BL1 is gone. This game truly deserved Game of the Year.
  11. Jan 14, 2013
    This game really surprised me.Never played first borderlands since graphic was unappealing to me. Most likely would never picked up second one if it wasn't gifted to me. I must say that i had real blast while playing it. Not even sure when my steam counter jumped to over 50 hours in less then 2 weeks ;). I really love it, Pandora is amazing place to explore. everywhere you go there's something completely new to discover. Scenery really changes between zones, they put lots of work into them. I only wish zones would level with me, some quests were simply too easy as i came back to them after a while. other then that, perfect game Expand
  12. Jul 27, 2013
    As someone who played the first one for nearly 100 hours. I can proudly say I have thoroughly enjoyed the second one racking up over a 100 so far and still playing.

This game improves the weaknesses of the first game and reinforces its strengths. Its graphics and physics are improved, but they still maintain the cartoon-y/ comic book-y style. There is a lot more variation in the amount
    of guns you can come across and a lot of interesting styles of guns. The story is more in depth, although not amazing, but most people don't play Borderlands for the story, they play it for the amazingly addictive game play, which they improved even more. What I really like in Borderlands 2 is there is a bigger variety of characters you can play as, some who are slow paced ranges units, and then the faced paced, up close, Have loads of fun while you get your ass kicked, but at the same time kick ass" style characters.

Overall: If you enjoy blind violence, astronomically huge environments, psychotic characters, and dark humor, this is the game for you.
  13. Jan 24, 2013
    Hilarious writing, great characters, beautiful levels, and sooo many guns! My biggest complaints about Borderlands 1 were the interface issues on PC, and nearly all of those are solved in BL2. The only minor issue I have with BL2 is the inventory management. Bulky, and clunky navigation, but that is only a very minor side note on an otherwise fantastic game! The coop play really makes this game shine! Single player is fun, but playing with friends is what this game was meant for. Expand
  14. Oct 3, 2012
    I have been playing this game for 50+ hours and I love it. It seems like it doesn't have an end, when you add in the multitude of side missions. In my view, there are three big improvements over Borderlands 1: (1) wider variety of enemies. B1 got kind of boring with the abundance of Skags. (2) cooler vehicles with stronger weapons, especially the catapult (3) somewhat more coherent main mission. Also, the graphics are a vast improvement, except that I had some initial difficulty identifying enemies due to the shadowing. The game itself runs smoothly even though my graphics are below the minimum required. The only improvement I would have liked to have seen is stronger weapons. It may just be me, but it seemed like it always took a minimum of three hits to kill even the most inocuous enemy. Expand
  15. Sep 27, 2012
    Borderlands 1 was a really well done game it had a ton of fresh new concepts that actually worked out really well. From the guns, the gun combat the character progression the wide open areas and the replay-ability. Not to mention the co-op play although I have always been more of a solo artist sense I have no reliable friends to play with that wouldn't ninja everything purple and up. However it had many flaws much of the original content as far as landscape went was very monotone and felt uninteresting especially after multiple play through I found myself hating some areas very quickly but craving others. In Borderlands 2 this all changes every area is new and interesting and feels like they all have more of a story to tell and more of a history behind them like how they got to that point which in a way makes me thankful some of the original BL1 was someone bleak and basic because that simply was the history of Pandora. On top of that the story line is actually very interesting and has consistent humor all the way through. The guns have also been improved in the aspect that there are now significantly more unique possibilities Another big on is the side quests which in borderlands 1 were simply a means to level and get some more loot but now they are actually quite interesting and all tell stories of their own that help to build up the characters in the game.
    In short I am extremely impressed and have not enjoyed a game this much in a very long time.
  16. Oct 4, 2012
    Yes, I know a 10 sounds impossible - a perfect score you might ask? I'd probably give this game a 9.5 if I could, 9 seems too low. Just fantastic. Did you like Borderlands 1, if yes then you should love Borderlands 2, it has more of everything you liked - the world seems even bigger and the new enemies are great fun. Love this game and have really been enjoying it.
  17. Jan 12, 2013
    Absolutely love this game its a FPS dungeon crawler!!! Collect guns lvl up toons play with friends!! Dont liten to the idiots saying no replay value cause thats a joke. An the season pass an all the DLC has been a blast as well! I like the improvements they made upon the game compared to BL1 as well. The graphics are smoother an the mechanics do not feel clunky at all. A must buy game IMO 10/10 Great job gearworks @ look forward to ALiens marines! Expand
  18. Sep 30, 2012
    There's a lot more bad guys to kill this time around. It's hard, and it's frustrating, but it really keeps the pace up, and keeps things from becoming dull. The weapons are awesome, gambling is fun, Moxxi's **** are huge, and the bosses are badass. Also, it's funny as hell.

If you're looking for a game as holy as Jesus himself, then you're gonna have to wait, but if you're looking for a
    **** fun game, then you'll like Borderlands 2. If you don't like a challenge, though, you won't like this game. Expand
  19. May 1, 2013
    I did not play the original. I glanced at the game and didn't think this was my cup of tea either. Boy, was I wrong. This game is a pure blast, especially to play with friends. The devs have put out a bunch of after market DLC to keep content fresh. If you like laughing, and you like can appreciate how hard it is to actually include humor in something that is already fun, then you too will like this game.

I strongly recommend this game
  20. Oct 17, 2013
    Bigger and better than the original game in every possible imaginable way. Not only that but this game has some of the best dialogue and greatest characters ever to appear in a game. Pretty much a must have experience. Now.. I'm off to save up for a pony made of diamonds.
  21. Sep 24, 2012
    Game is awesome, and much better than I initially expected.. This is a superb port, and has proper PC options. Gameplay/levels themselves are varied and highly fun. Playing in coop with friends or even strangers is incredibly fun. Overall, this is a great game and a GOTY contender.
  22. Oct 2, 2012
    Game is incredible. Levls 1-16 it feels a bit easy but around 17 and up it feels like the training wheels come off and it gets challenging. Love this game!
  23. Sep 18, 2012
    I pre-ordered the game on Steam. It became available right at midnight with no issues.. Played for about 3 1/2 hours. The graphics are much better on PC than the console versions, theres even some Nvidia specific stuff you can turn on. If you liked Borderlands, you'll love Borderlands 2.
  24. Oct 7, 2012
    This is the first game since Skyrim that i've wanted to continuously play without a rest. Usually I get bored and switch between games... rarely finishing 10% of them. Borderlands 2 is very polished. The voice acting and humor is outstanding!
  25. Sep 19, 2012
    im a fan of the first borderlands and im VERY satisfied with this new borderlands, they really made a great job and im just waiting to get that new awesome weapon to fight and kill monsters with my friends, thanks for create this masterpiece
  26. Nov 8, 2012
    I don't know if this game surpasses the first one or if it is the same game with new characters. What I know is that Borderlands 2 is awesome, with lots of secret content, funny dialogues and awesome characters. The characters from the first game appear here, probably more bad-asses than ever.
    Playing a shooter game where there are ways to play it with only melee attacks is awesome.
    AND
    it's a hardcore game that never gets boring. At least for me =D Expand
  27. Mar 6, 2013
    I don't like to give out 10/10, but this game truly had it all. Graphics, while cartoony, were great and stayed with the theme throughout. Gameplay was phenomenal. Tonnes of loot, comedy, story, missions, huge map, fun vehicles, great guns. Multiplayer was well done and is lots of fun when I choose to play it. I have no complaints about this game. Did not purchase DLC as I felt I had done so much already in the original game. Also never played the original, so I had no comparison to the previous one. Expand
  28. Sep 20, 2012
    Okay, so why did I give it a 10? Because in my opinion it's everything I loved from the first one with everything a sequel should have. Brand new everything, weapon types, new element type, too many enemy types to think of, brand new locales... Everything. I can't stress how much this game was worth the money I paid for it enough. This isn't some crappy rehash of the first game. It's a sequel and it's a damn good one. I can't believe I'm even taking time to write this, but I'm tired and I just went through one of the most gripping scenes in a video game that I can remember. To prove that I am a freaking gamer who loves this game my steam id is CJx101. Please add me if you think I'm from gearbox or some crap. Anyways, when something garners this much attention it's bound to draw the haters, the people who complain over really stupid **** or the people who didn't like the first one and say the same crap about this one. The graphics are slightly better, not a selling point nor should it be a buying point. The gameplay is where the game shines, everything has been improved, the loot system, god boring technical details, so eff that. The game is awesome, if you liked the first one you will love this one. It's not a **** expansion and you shouldn't feel freaking ripped off when everything in the goddamn game is different than the first one, that doesn't even make sense. If you've played the first and then this one, there are so few similarities in locales, enemies, and the variety of guns that you can't even claim that as an argument. and the story is just awesome, no spoilers, but it's waaaayyyy better than the first one, and is actually probably my biggest reason for loving this game so much. I cannot wait (very close) to the minute I blow Handsome Jack's **** head off. That's all I wanted to say, now back to Borderlands 2 and ignore the negative responses, people can find anything to **** about. Expand
  29. Sep 21, 2012
    I don't know how people can hate this game... it so much fun... maybe you should try playing with a friend or 2....

Anyway... my first impression of the game was that it is very similar to the first one... but with much more improvements... more guns, better abilities... new characters, MINIMAP FFS!, better inventory, better quests... stronger and smarter enemies, better graphics
    without making the game much heavier then it was....
    Sounds are great as always and in conclusion the game is worth buying, worth playing and hell with all the haters... fix your pc's...
  30. Sep 23, 2012
    This game improves in almost every single aspect compared to the last game, which means I would be damned if I not give this a 10/10. I am only level 18 right now but MY GOODNESS I am so impressed at how everything I ever thought would make Borderlands 1 more enjoyable happened to be implemented in this sequel. The menus, as flashy as they seem, are so much better at conveying important statistics about your gear and you can even sort your inventory menu into categories which make your personal gear selection a breeze. The gameplay has improved so much more as well. The enemies now react a lot more intelligently as they are more complex in how they attack and evade you. The animations of your enemies also feels a lot more realistic as they are running around and reacting to being hit in specific body parts. A lot more variety of enemies with unique characteristics keep things feeling fresh.

The narration and story-telling in this game is a lot more immersive and will have you wanting to know what happens next. The NPCs are more interactive and only help with the immersion. I do have some personal turnoffs about this game, the main ones being that the Assault rifles and SMGs feel like they are much weaker and feel a lot more weird to shoot (maybe I havent found the right ones yet or maybe it is because the enemies are now more evasive so it is hard to just spray them like in Borderlands 1 while they just walk towards you in a straight line.) Second turnoff one is that I dont like the scopes they have. It is just a personal dislike I have. I dont enjoy shooting things from the scopes in this game as much as in Borderlands 1.

You cannot have a more fun time shooting guns than this game. Ive never had. There are still 3 characters I havent even played with and I am only level 18 as of right now and yet to play online with people so can you imagine how many different ways there are to enjoy this game to your preference? This is the definition of a fun game
  31. Sep 18, 2012
    Best co-op game I have ever played. There are so many guns and the world is so beautiful. The shooting is fast and fun and the game has the most diverse enemy list I have ever seen. The PC version is easily the best version as well.
  32. Sep 20, 2012
    One of the best games of 2011 if not the best. I haven't had this much fun since.. well borderlands. Graphics, sound and areas are superb. Co-op connectivity has been fixed (B1 was pretty bad) and it's a blast to play with friends. I have nothing negative to say about this game. GET IT!
  33. Sep 22, 2012
    This is such a beautiful, crazy, sometimes outright weird and outrageously hilarious game. It's extremely addictive and the loot system is uber awesome. Frankly it's a refinement of an already awesome game (Borderlands) similar to what Fifa 13 is, but the subtle touches and the addition of so many extra features is just superb. It's almost as big or bigger than the first game and is certainly better than it's prequel. I would even go on to say that it's a Diablo killer. All in all it's an awesome package that's definitely worth your money. So go ahead and buy it!! Expand
  34. Sep 25, 2012
    Look no further - Game of the Year 2012. Upon the huge success of Borderlands in 2009, GearBox has shown the world how a new IP should be like. This company respects the players, constantly pushes out new contents and has a very good public image. Back to the game itself - there is absolutely nothing I could complain about the *launch* version of this game. NOTE: some games take a few weeks or months just to get their games working on players' machines. Unlike the broken co-op element back in Borderlands (I remember resetting my router ten millions times while annoying my roommates), BL2 has got this right from the start - no bugs, no major user complaints and has a solid gaming experience (for players to consume in). Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the humor in this game is unprecedentedly good. It's like I'm watching Seinfeld while simultaneously participating in the fun. As a comparison, instead of nerfing characters and pissing off avid players (I'm talking about you Blizzard and D3), GearBox's goal is to *entertain* all of us. All the guns in BL2 have been reworked to the point that I wouldn't get bored at "farming", if any at all. All the quests are unique and side missions aren't as boring as before. With the upcoming promise of new classes and quests, there is more to come, so just shut up and take my money. Expand
  35. Nov 25, 2012
    Steam had a sale today so I went ahead and picked this game up for half-price. I was not a fan of the original, but thought I would take a chance as I have grown a bit bored of Diablo 3 and didn't really like Torchlight 2.

So far I am totally impressed. I plan to add more to my review later and possibly adjust the score. As of now, the things that stick out in this game are...

Better visuals than the first game, albeit slightly. With details cranked to maximum Borderlands 2 (a DX9 game) is surprisingly one of the prettiest on the market, thanks in large part to an impressive art-style.

2. Story. Unlike in the first game, players have a very real objective and a very real enemy from the moment the game starts. This is an improvement over the first game, as it's always important to get the player involved early in the story.

3. Gunplay is extremely satisfying. Aiming down the sights, shooting from the hip - however you go about it, the gameplay in Borderlands 2 is very intense and very satisfying. The enemies are tenacious, and are intelligent enough to dodge gunfire and predict your movements.

4. Rewarding. The game rewards the players with a non-stop barrage of usable weapons and loot. This is a refreshing change of pace for someone coming over from Diablo 3.

5. Well optimized. This game is not very demanding and can be played on max settings without being too greedy with system resources. Just about any mid-range machine can play this game to it's fullest potential, and it runs like a dream.

As I said before, I will add more as I play more. But I can already tell that Borderlands 2 is something very special.
  36. Sep 19, 2012
    Basically everything that made Borderlands 1 great is done better in Borderlands 2, with even more stuff thrown in. This is a fantastic game. Also, I'm betting the people complaining that Borderlands 2 is JUST a console port haven't even played the game, as the interface is vastly improved for PC use over Borderlands 1, and many options are included to help PC users tweak the game to play how they like that were only accessible by modifying INI files in Borderlands 1. Expand
  37. Jan 14, 2013
    That game just awesome, chiseled the loot compared bl1, more bazillion guns, 96.5% more wub wub, various missions, creative characters, the old characters from bl1 be present on this game, need more?
  38. Sep 18, 2012
    Best loot driven game I have played. Incredibly funny dialogue, fun to play classes, beautiful graphics and tons of weapons. It's so easy to play with your friends and the PC version is superb.
  39. Sep 19, 2012
    So good that it puts BL1 to shame. I dont understand the need for all the negative reviews by conspiracy theorists when games actually receive a phenomenal score.
  40. Sep 18, 2012
    Some of the reviews have said that this is a console port. This is actually untrue though. I had followed the development of BL2 pretty closely and one thing that Gearbox always stressed is that the PC version was not a simple game port. Its the a full fledged GAME. Which is to say that they developed this version of the game alongside the console versions (not afterward). For a game developer to do that extra work just to keep consumers happy AND release a game this good is just the best, 10/10 for the game and 10/10 for Gearbox. Expand
  41. Sep 18, 2012
    If you loved Borderlands, you will love Borderlands 2. They did it. I don't know how, but they made Borderlands better. Best of all, they made the PC version playable! Playing over steam with friends is as easy as playing native steam games like Left 4 Dead 2 with friends. The graphics look great, the game runs perfectly at max settings with high end hardware, and the gameplay is fun and more challenging than the original. The only flaw I can really find in this game is that the menus are unnecessarily clunky. Namely, the inability to use WASD to navigate menus (Skyrim, anyone?). But really, this is a wonderful game so far, and a much better piece of software than the terrible PC version of the first game was. :D Expand
  42. Sep 23, 2012
    Awsome, a game that i will be playing for years the amount of content in this game is staggering, luv the pacing and the loot collecting is addictive as hell get this game.
  43. Nov 11, 2012
    Game of the year! This game is totally awesome. Pretty much same as 1st part but everything what could be improved is better here. Great leveling system which make game fun no matter how much pass throughs you do. For now 1st DLC is out and it's really good with gameplay hours like other full games have. ONLY BAD AND UNNECESSARY thing in game are 2 "invincible" bosses. They MUST be passed in coop and if you don't have 3 other players you can't pass that and win al achivements. Expand
  44. Sep 19, 2012
    Never played a game so funny and so awsome like this.A masterpiece in all aspects.The gameplay is unique,the humor are fantastic,the story is comic but more madure,with more emotion this time.The graphics are better and the game runs like a charm in a pc with minimum requiriments.The guns? How mich?Just don't know.. maybe..infinite? Amazing,diversified and beautiful guns.All of then. Love the game.It's 100%worth and 100% awsome. A must-have and a must-buy. Expand
  45. Dec 8, 2013
    i played this game 4-5 months. i love everything in this game. weapons, enemies, caracters, story. and more important the references are awesome. YOU CAN SLAP THE JEFFREY MAN anyway if you call you GAMER you MUST play this game.
  46. Sep 20, 2012
    I've been waiting to this day for a long time, played Borderlands 2 almost 6 hours today and I can say that this game is AMAZING. The first game was insanely fun and Gearbox took everything that we didn't like it and improved. You will no longer receive damage from falling, no matter how high you will jump, your challenges now will give you a little -yet essential- bonus ; you don't need to repair Claptraps anymore to expand your backpack and you won't need to spend 600000 dollars in a single weapon upgrade (Crazy Earl will do that for Eridium - a new kind of currency in Pandora), this game doesnt label your character ; what do I mean ? That you can play as Zero and use assault rifles, you can snipe with Axton, you can do everything you want, because you've 3 different Skill trees to each character, making 3 different ways of gameplay with each one. Borderlands 2 it's all about fetching quests and looking for new and more powerful guns, and it delivers pretty well. The sidequests are the real GEM of this game, you will laugh your ass off with that sweet humor that you can only find in Borderlands. Our beloved characters are back, you can drink with Moxxi (from Mad Moxxi DLC), Catch a Ride with the funny (probably one of the funniest characters in the game) redneck Scooter and his sister Ellie, high five and dance dubstep with Claptrap, or help Roland/Mordecai/Lilith and Brick to defeat the biggest prick of Pandora - Handsome Jack. All in all Borderlands HAS EVERYTHING that I care about - Funny and good story (and sidequests), LOTS of guns, Solid Cell-shading graphics, an awesome 4 people strategic co-op, a HUGE word with tons of new enemies and Claptrap - I'm still checking this little guy dancing. Borderlands 2 is a MUST for both Hardcore/Casual gamers. Expand
  47. Sep 25, 2012
    This is an amazing game. Retains the fast paced gunslinging gameplay of the first game, but successfully adds in more story elements than in the previous version. The cartoony art-style has improved as well as the mission/level design. All in All a great game!
  48. Sep 20, 2012
    Damn near perfect, even for a console port. It is early on launch day yet it feels crisp and clean. Controlling your character is far easier this time around as the control are much better developed for the PC. The humor is dark, although the story is a little more serious this time around. About an hour in to the game you really want to kill Handsome Jack, and if you still think he is a cool dude by then you're pretty **** up. If you liked Borderlands you will find that this is a true sequel that lives up to the hype. They did a great job of melding the story of Borderlands with Borderlands 2. I know, I know they are sequels but GearBox didn't really set the first game up for having a sequel. I guess since the story in the original was kinda of lacking it makes sense that it was easy to mold the two together. Overall Borderlands 2 is a great improvement on the original connecting with friends is far easier now that Steam has been fully integrated, even though it is still a little buggy when connecting initially. Maybe the best improvement they have made is the size of the game. The world feels large and looks large, not the mention it is beautiful. I can run this game on almost the highest setting on my laptop. (Note: I do have a ASUS RoG laptop designed for games but it is kind of dated) If you have a computer that can handle CoD you will be fine. Expand
  49. Sep 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you loved Borderlands, you will love Borderlands 2. They did it. I don't know how, but they made Borderlands better. Best of all, they made the PC version playable! Playing over steam with friends is as easy as playing native steam games like Left 4 Dead 2 with friends. Expand
  50. Sep 18, 2012
    The game is fantastic. They addressed a number of config problems from borderlands one, resulting in a much smoother PC experience. The mobs feel great, the quests are just in line with what I wanted in terms of difficulty, variety, and story. Their audio snippets are a smash hit with me, and I wish more devs would tell story that way.
  51. Nov 25, 2012
    Take Borderlands 1, give it a much bigger budget, a whole new cast of characters, a bigger and better storyline, and even more loot and irreverent jokes, and you have Borderlands 2. This game takes everything I loved about Borderlands 1 and expands on it.
  52. Sep 30, 2012
    Fantastic!

This game is a Beast only those who have the might to take it on shall fall in ranks, this game is on another level is creativity and they pack a mean punch when it comes to game play. if only there were more great games of this magnitude released in the year we would be o so soaked in marvelous games. now lets take this time to thank the makers of BL2 and salute them with pride! TY!
  53. Sep 18, 2012
    It's like borderlands except without all the problems, there is enough variety to make every gun feel unique. The physx effects are amazingly optimized, runs at 50-60 FPS on my GTX 580, all high settings and physx high.
  54. Sep 20, 2012
    Outstanding. Meets the brilliant and non stop fun level of its predecessor. I would honestly call this, the game of the year. The large scale map and over 50+ hours of single player is exactly the type of game I am interested in. I would recommend this to everyone who enjoys any game.
  55. Sep 18, 2012
    Excellent game. PC version is well made like Gearbo's support. There's some problems but I trust that developer fixes them, since they already provided PC features that are lacking in other games. Great game, fun to play.
  56. Sep 18, 2012
    Game of the year, if not the greatest game of all time. Probably the greatest FPSRPG of all time. Absolutely perfect in every way imaginable. Improves on every single aspect of Borderlands 1. GG guys, gg.
  57. Sep 18, 2012
    Played non stop since the midnight release. I have got to say, it was well worth the $36 dollars I ended up spending. They really went above and beyond a simple port. It has integrated well with PC and steam. I was really surprised to find how easy it was to find my steam friends on there, and how easy it was to join them.. like even easier than TF2
  58. Sep 19, 2012
    Improves upon the first game in every aspect. Keeps all of the good and fixed all of the bad from Borderlands 1. If you were a fan of the first this is a must play. Borderlands 1 DLC was the only DLC I have ever bought that I felt I got my moneys worth. (General Knox DLC was longer than some full AAA title games.) The first DLC is free to those who pre-ordered, and contains a new playable class/character. Like many new games, you can pre-order the DLC packs at a discount. This is the only game in the last 2 years that I would and have done so.

I would like to go back and play the first game with the new classes, smarter AI, better weapons, and updated graphics. Maybe in the DLC :).
  59. Sep 19, 2012
    PC Makes A Difference
    When it comes to first-person shooters, there are going to be (loud) arguments from console and PC supporters about why their platform is superior. Gearbox released a
  60. Sep 20, 2012
    This game is so freakin awesome! There are no other words for it. If anyone wants to CO-OP on the computer, go to my gaming communities Steam page and join our Community. You can find it here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/synergy-community

Happy Gaming!!! :)

~Princess
  61. Sep 19, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is an absolutely phenomenal game that features many aspects of the original with some added tweaks and improvements + a fresh story line. The game is a hands down 9, 10 in my case since I was a big fan of the original and I'm happy they didn't try to fix a system that wasn't broken. I'd like to address the dissenters who are complaining about the game and through that, also point out the positives of the game. First of all, if Metacritic is deleting your reviews, it's because you are giving a game a "0" that is clearly a 7 at bare minimum. I honestly can't think of any game I've ever played literally being a "0," and honestly I don't think the dissenters have either. Over exaggeration and trolling should be deleted. It's good they are deleting your reviews, because to be honest, you're just trolling and damaging the reputation of a company based on your own obnoxious behavior. No one has time to put up with little 15 year olds and their complaining. In regards to the complaints about the game as a PC port, the game was ported over very well. The controls are great and they give you a large amount of personal customization. I find it funny people are calling it a bad port, yet have no reasons for making this assertion. The graphics are excellent as well, it is a cell shaded game, so if you dislike cell shading, then you won't like these graphics. However, to say the game has bad graphics is a lie, because for what it is, the graphics are detailed, crisp, and vibrant. I'm playing on a 1080p display with the graphics maxed and visually, it is very pleasing. Even on the lower graphic levels, the game is still better than the graphics on the original and looks better than any console game. I've also seen people complain about day 1 DLC, however, this is entirely false. There is no DLC released for Borderlands 2 yet, and most of it, if any, won't be released until 2013. What 2k is offering is a season pass, meaning if you buy the season pass, which will include access to ALL DLC released for this game FOREVER, you can buy the DLC at one low cost. It's basically a way for fans of the game to get large quantities of future DLC at a lower cost then buying individually. Think bulk purchase. If you were to be upset about that, then it seems your general complaint is about DLC in general, which is an absolutely foolish complaint. The game play mostly consists of shooting, looting, and questing. I personally enjoy that, and it if sounds appealing to you, then you will probably like this game. If not, then oh well. I've had my share of complaints regarding Metacritic in the past, such as with Diablo 3, however, on this one, Metacritic is spot on. Expand
  62. Sep 30, 2012
    Perfect FPS RPG game combined. The story is somewhat disturbing but it's a plot twist so everything is cool. More guns, explosive shields, easter eggs... what more could you ask for?
  63. Sep 21, 2012
    This game might not be for everyone, but it sure as heck is for a lot of them. The graphics are unique and not at all following the main trend of, "It must be realistic!" Which is always a good thing. The humor is rather dark, and it will at least make you crack a smile. The gameplay is more suited for hardcore and not for casual players. If someone who's not very good with games that require accurate mouse movement and constant movement around the map, they should play with a friend. The story is better than the Borderlands 1, along many other things, but it the questions of what the story is lingers. In this one, it's much more straight forward than the last; kill Handsome Jack. I've played about 5 hours and I'm loving it. It's moving a bit slow for my taste, but that's actually good. Only because it's got more content to go through, and they planned it out for you to level up as you go.

On the edge of buying this game? Buy it.
    Didn't like the first one at all? Buy this one.
    Thinking the negative reviews are true? They're not.

(I made an account just to give this game a better rating, if that says anything.)
  64. Sep 21, 2012
    They say variety is the spice of life and this is what makes Borderlands 2 such a red-hot game; elements such as the endless weapon variation, quirky sense of humour, cartoon decor and almost-comical violence really leave a great and addicting impression of the game to players. Gearbox have truly made a masterpiece shooter. Enjoy!! (or buy if you haven't already). For people whinging about the game-play system what did you expect? This is Borderlands, this is the style of the game; you either love it or you hate it, maybe you should try it before buying and then having a fat whinge about how it was waste of money. Expand
  65. Sep 21, 2012
    Let me start this by saying if you didnt like the first one, you will hate this one...and if you liked the first one, then you will nerdgasm like crazy your first 5 or so hours playing this. Everything that was wrong with the 1st is fixed, theyve expanded on everything great while still not taking out the greatness. I really cant say enough good things about this game. The graphics are better, the gameplay is refined and the little things theyve added, also I must note that the soundtrack is just badass. Gearbox outdid themselves here, grab 3 friends, lots of mountain dew and prepare to sink many a night into this title. Expand
  66. Sep 22, 2012
    This game has delivered everything and more from what you loved from the original. I have not seen a single flaw in the game to date. Currently the most entertaining upgrade is the amount of humor that is portrayed in the new quest givers. Gameplay is smooth and graphics quality is top notch. If you were in love with the original I would suggest picking this up and diving head first in to a loot free fo all Expand
  67. Sep 24, 2012
    This is the second game of the summer to hit a sequel out of the park. The slightly comic book, gritty graphic style has stayed but has seen some nice detailed improvements. The UI has seen incredible improvements but still struggles to keep everything organized when you're comparing things in a store. This is a very enjoyable FPS action adventure that will have you laughing and enjoying yourself, provided you're not so uptight that you can't laugh at a bit of facetious throwback humor. Developers take note on sequels from this and TL2 this summer.. if it's not broke, don't fix it. Expand
  68. Sep 23, 2012
    Borderlands 1 concept: kill enemies for loot, use/sell loot to obtain better loot/gear, randomly kill a giant red blob that is not at all hard, then do it all over again with harder enemies (also have a story that is like lore in games, existent, but no one really cares, well maybe a few but not everyone)

Borderlands 2 concept: improve upon everything in Borderlands 1 (although I'm not
    sure if there is a giant red blob thing to fight again since I haven't finished the game yet)

Also if you are mad because day 1 dlc exists, think about it this way: if you go to McDonald's (or Carl's Jr. or BK, wherever you like to eat), and you order a basic hamburger do you really expect to be given free fries and a drink with it?
  69. Sep 23, 2012
    I'm about 20 hours in so far, and I must say I enjoy this game more than should be possible. I see a lot of people complaining about the game play being exactly the same and the graphics being crap. Here are some answers for you guys. One, a good sequel is essentially the same game with improvements across the board, which is exactly what Borderlands 2 is. If it had changed too much, people would be pissed that it's not the same thing, so this feels perfect to me. Two, the graphics are supposed to look like this. It's cel shaded, it's not going to look like you're playing a movie like most modern gamers have become accustomed to. It has its own type of art that really works for the game. The characters are similar (with the exception of Salvador) to the other four because it creates a sense of familiarity that people who played the first game will identify with. All in all, it's an amazing game. Expand
  70. Sep 23, 2012
    Awesome game, looks great on PC too, runs smooth, and tight controls, with tons of content to boot as well. This is how you make a sequel people. (also tons of new features make it feel fresh and new).
  71. Sep 25, 2012
    I played the first game to death so when this came out I didn't know if I had another one in me. I was wrong. This game is amazing. The developers have improved the pc experience over Borderlands 1 in so many ways. I think that inventory management could be a little better but when you pick up a gun that catches dudes on fire and then you huck it at a dudes face and it explodes the small issues with the UI are forgotten. Although the story itself is passable, the writing is funny and memorable. Who cares about story when you are busy getting MAD LOOT! Expand
  72. Sep 25, 2012
    I played around 30 hours into the game and had lots of fun. If you liked the first borderlands, you cant go wrong with this one. There are more items, more monsters and more content. The characters feel rich and funny, along with good voice acting, besides the "cliche" story. This isn't about an epic storyline or inspiring life lessons, but just potty humor and fun quests (that are, sometimes, repetitive). All classes seems reasonable balanced and the loot feels great (a lot better than the first borderlands).
    The multiplayer is great, with everyone sharing quests and loot, and it makes boss fights more enjoyable.
    The PC version looks beautiful, and if you have great hardware, you can turn physx to high settings and enjoy more particles and explosions around. This is how a port should be done !
  73. Sep 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Lets give it a 10!
    Cause the game totally deserves it.
    Lot of fun! An interessting storie! Not too easy, but no disturbing difficult missions. Nice design! Much much shooting acitions =D.
    Totally liek it!
  74. Oct 2, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is a perfect sequel to the much loved Borderlands. As we re-enter Pandora, you
  75. Oct 2, 2012
    Hello from Russia!!! Отличная игра, большой игровой мир помноженный на колоритных врагов, кучу хороших квестов и огромное количество всякого рода ценного и не очень барахла. Искромётный юмор местного населения заставит вас не раз улыбнуться, а возможность кооперативного прохождения до четырёх игроков, сделает время проведённое за игрой в компании друзей, незабываемым. Expand
  76. Oct 2, 2012
    Couldn't ask for a better sequel! Despite being a multi-platform game, there's a very strong focus on the PC version, which is absolutely fantastic! With all the options and what not, you couldn't have asked for a better game! (I was especially sold on the FOV slider.) Other than that, the game is a true sequel to Borderlands 2, the story is just incredibly immersive, a tiny bit cliched but what isn't these days? The game play is fantastic and very addictive! Also the humor is a great little touch, especially all the internet culture references. I can't call myself much of a huge gamer, considering my patience for FPS games is incredibly limited, but Borderlands 2 just cuts it for me with the addictive RPG elements. I can safely say that this game is going to be an absolute cult classic and definitely has to be one of the best games of the decade so far! Expand
  77. Jan 7, 2013
    Amazing Amazing Amazing. The world is so much fun, the entire game is one big joke. I sit and laugh the whole time I play. Great characters, appealing art, funny yet interesting storyline.

I really liked seeing my old favorite characters too. I cant get enough of this game. I love playing solo or with friends. Best Game of 2012.
  78. Oct 6, 2012
    Borderlands 2 one-ups the entire gaming industry by making achievements a meaningful and fun venture that awards you with something that matters rather than a digital "star" to put on your refrigerator.

The first Borderlands game was a solid 9.0 across the board. I have played thousands of games in my lifetime and this is one of the very few games to take itself and its customers so
    seriously as to make a sequel that is better in every way imaginable. Nothing this explosive as a sequel has come out of the industry since Mario Brothers and Final Fantasy. Since then gamers have been getting ripped off in every way imaginable it seems BL2 even released with fewer bugs than I have seen in a PC release in over a decade.

I very rarely write game reviews since there is so much garbage out there, but this game deserves a lot of gamer love.
  79. Oct 10, 2012
    It´s a perfect game! It mixes FPS & RPG and 1st person view with a huge variety of weapons with Awesome Cel-Shaded Graphics and a very good game play. I think that DLCs will be awesome as Borderlands (I). GOTY ;)
  80. Oct 11, 2012
    Being a big fan of Borderlands 1 I pre-ordered the sequel through Steam. Gearbox did very well to say at least. The main game is huge, graphics are awesome, the new classes are okay, some of the NPC are really well done (Tiny Tina comes to mind). Hopefully Gearbox will expand their story lines in the planned DLC.

The biggest improvement for me is the variety of mobs compared to the
    first game. PC port is okay, the in game inventory interface are still a bit strange though.

Even for the AAA title price tag this game is a must for every FPS fan.
  81. Oct 11, 2012
    As in movies, very often game sequels are never as good as the original. Borderlands 2 is thankfully, one of the exceptions. I can't say enough good things about this game. Great story, great humour. For sheer fun-ness it gets a 15 on a scale of 1-10. There are some irritations, granted - no game is devoid of those. The inventory system is to me, very clumsy and sometimes confusing to use. But this to me, is trivial and not a real problem.

Very few games' anticipated release affect me and make me want to pre-order. Even Skyrim (a game I had been drooling over since it was announced) wasn't quite enough to entice me to pre-order it - I waited for a couple of months till I got a new computer and it went on sale. But I pre-ordered Borderlands 2 almost as soon as it was announced.

Bottom line?

Playability - 9 out of 10
    Replayability - 10 out of 10
    Sheer Fun Factor - 15 out of 10!!!
  82. Dec 7, 2012
    Best game this year. Much much better than the first one, environments are more varied, pacing is better, guns are more varied. Replay value is excellent. Whether you are playing this solo or co-op, it makes for a great gaming experience.
  83. Oct 12, 2012
    I must Say I have Physics Graphics Maxed so the liguid effects are fun. Also the fact they actually made this version challenging is great I got a bit bored after awhile in BL1 when I just overpowered everything. Co-op not using GAMESPY is great I love drop in and drop out coop. It was really the only thing in Diablo 3 I liked. Really digging the new end boss I am not going to spoil it for those that are not their yet but it a great fight cause the End boss of BL1 was Sad Sauce. The only faults I found was having to a few quests that had you go to a specific area then go back to Sanctuary just to find another quest that send you to the same place. So annoying. But the only makes my score a 9.5 that rounds up to 10. Expand
  84. Oct 14, 2012
    Easily this has to be game of the year, at least for me anyway. Its extremely addictive and looks beautiful on my GTX 670. Handsome Jack has to be one of the coolest villans I have ever come to know through a game, as he is a funny, **** **** Overall I would give this game a 9.6 because this sequal has everything: Billions of guns, a fantastic options menu with a field of view slider (!), and best of all, great re-playability as more likely than not you will find completely different Items then what you had before and well - balanced vault hunter classes to choose from completely different from the last. Just get it, I guarantee you will love the game. Expand
  85. Oct 14, 2012
    I have found almost no flaws in this fantastic game. It is a huge open world and there is a lot of content to play through either by yourself or with friends. I also found that i liked these character classes better.
  86. Nov 24, 2012
    borderlands 2 is great.the gameplay is great theres a lot of missions and side quest.very funny i suprised for good becuase i dont like that kind of games i will give it 9/10
  87. Nov 16, 2012
    I generally don't cum in my pants from a video game but this made me leave my wife and change my name to Claptrap. Don't worry ladies that's not my porn name.
  88. Dec 8, 2012
    As a fan of the original Borderlands, i expected a lot of this game. And as the trailers rolled out, my anticipation only grew. I was enormously pleased to see that the game surpassed any and all expectations that i had come to nurse so tenderly during the pre-release period. The UI wasn't a huge improvement over the original game but everything else was a vast improvement. The game play maintained its fast paced, over the top FPS action and the controls felt nothing short of perfect. The character classes were varied and skill trees even more so. The plot was enjoyable, funny and filled with plenty of twists and events that made me quite literally exclaim my disbelief. Claptrap is now absolutely hilarious instead of infuriating and irritating. The enemies are varied and requires varied strategies to take them down. A lot of effort was put into making the game a lasting success such as changing the enemy models for your second play through. It really makes you feel like you're continuing on instead of just starting over again as so many games make you feel. Oh and how could i forget the guns. So so many guns. Borderlands advertised millions of gun combinations but it doesn't stand remotely close to the guns in the sequel. The look of awe on my friends faces as I whip out an automatic laser sniper rifle with reflective silver plating was priceless. Speaking of friends, i'd recommend playing with them. Although the game is fun on your own, you don't get nearly the same experience as you do if you play with others. Overall, if you're looking for a fun game for you and a friend, pick this up. I'm serious. You're in for hours of laughter, high paced shooty action and gawking over the sheen and polish that the developers put into this wonderful game. Expand
  89. Dec 16, 2012
    Absolutely awesome!
    Bigger,Longer,Badder, and more fun than the original!
    Grab some friends and blow stuff up now!
    10/10 A must have in your game collection
  90. Sep 13, 2013
    played B1 and it was nice, but the trailes and previews of B2 really didnt look to good for me, so i decided 1st not to buy it. But a freind of mine did and keep telling me how great it is so i decided to give it a shot and boy i am glad i did. i played that game over 400+ hours for now, and its the most brilliant and fun game which was ever released imho, i cant wait till they release Borderland 3 tbh, i am curious how it continues. Expand
  91. Jan 12, 2013
    IMO not as good as Borderlands 1 (that game was more hard and more gritty). But BL2 does have better visuals and prettier explosions. Also has less bugs. The DLCS are decent, well worth the money. Gearbox gives golden keys regularly which is awesome.
  92. Dec 31, 2012
    An infinitely delectable game. It's beautifully thought-out: phenomenal artwork, more guns than you could dream of and a challenge you can just about handle around every corner. Excellent in every respect - Borderlands 1 was fantastic but this is beyond doubt one of the most enjoyable and immersive games ever made.
  93. Jan 10, 2013
    Each one hour I play , more I wanna play , it's so involving , i like it and don't give up this is the best game i ever played , bought all dlc's and waiting for others coming
  94. Jan 23, 2013
    What can I say about this game as a hardcore Borderlands fan, i spent countless hours on the game! Though i didn't like the story very much, the characters were a lot of fun(except Claptrap- that thing must die with its annoying voice) and the loot is awesome though there are some complaints with the loot from the raid bosses and the spawn rate of one in particular! But still i cant backtalk this game, a definite buy especially if you enjoyed the first game! Expand
  95. Apr 6, 2014
    Absolutely crazy, funny , whack and most of all fun. This game is all about loot, bossing and having a good time, with the endless amount of easter eggs, references and pop culture. It's a game both fun solo and with friends, though recommended playing with friends as it does enhance the experience (except when it comes to splitting loot). The classes are all fun and unique and each have their unique style of play. I really have few gripes about this game, one being that legendaries all of a set mob to farm. However, you are going to have a good time nonetheless 10/10. Expand
  96. Nov 3, 2013
    Best. Game. Ever.

The game simply work, sassy jokes and characters, good humor, amazing stories and sub stories. This game will never make you regret the purchase done!
  97. Mar 1, 2013
    Amazing game! Better than the first by far! I absolutely love this game all but 1 aspect. That aspect is that you cannot have unlimited space in your bank witch would be great. I suppose that it really isn't necessary since you can buy space for it. Other that that i love this game to death!
  98. Oct 2, 2013
    I love this game! I am a huge fan of B1 and in B2 i get exactly what i was expecting. It is a must have for all B1 fans. Awesome graphics and perfect gunplay!
  99. Apr 16, 2013
    I spend so many hours with this game that I even stop counting. If You liked the first part You must play this one too! Because it is so much better. Plot maybe isn't epic but is a good add on to a great shooter rpg.

It’s addicting, full of creative gags and amazing battles (especially in co-op mode) and it keeps dangling that loot-carrot in front of your face. Add that crazy humor on top and you have a synonymous for the world ‘entertainment’. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    If you're looking for something with a ponderous story full of morality and contemplation – one best savored alone – then you'll need to look elsewhere. Borderlands 2 delivers tons of lighthearted, occasionally juvenile fun with immense replayability, and is best approached with a few buddies in tow. It doesn't revolutionize the concept pioneered by its forebear, but it refines it to a razor-sharp edge and offers some of the most fun you can have in a cooperative action RPG this side of Diablo II. And if nothing else, it's got lots of Claptrap.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    The moment at which my endearingly annoying robot companion Claptrap fashioned himself a Mohawk out of some animal fur I collected he earned a spot on my all-time favorite robot list.