Borderlands 2 PC

8.2

1. Sep 24, 2012
    This game is a FANTTTAASSSTIC! game! I lovfe it! AND console port??? DAMN! It is perfect FOR PC. No problems at all none. I love this game.

Only problem for ME! Is that sometimes its annoying when the enemies know how to dodge/are fast ;)! ARGH! This game can be hard if the enemies DODGE FAST or they have alot alot of HP! But yeah you just have to complete side guests ( WHICH GIVE

But yeah you just have to complete side guests ( WHICH GIVE YOU nice bonus skins etc!!!! :) love it!) and then you have enough LVL and guns and all to take on da bosses. 9.5/10. I got no major complains
  2. Sep 18, 2012
    It's more Borderlands, except now Borderlands is better. It's like the first game was a rough plaster statue hastily thrown together, you could still admire the idea but it was rather rough, and Borderlands 2 is a fine marble version of the same statue, only now it's cleaner and glows on the colors of the light spectrum.
  3. Sep 19, 2012
    I honestly don't get why people are rating this so low. Yes, it is a console port, but a really well done one at that. You want to criticize a BAD one, look at Dark Souls (which was still fun), or even the first Borderlands at that.

That said, let's get to my actual review. Graphics look similar to the first, but with improved quality, a plus. Gameplay (As an Assassin, my experience) involves actively dashing around while getting as many well-aimed criticals as possible, also a plus. Enemy interaction and personality has MUCH more depth than before, but I have noticed a few bugs with the AI (for example, it's not uncommon to see a bandit looking straight up and shooting at some nonexistent target). Aside from that bug though, I see nothing but improvement over the first game, which was already fun enough on its own. All in all, if you liked the original, you'll like the sequel even more. If you didn't like the original, don't expect the sequel to be any different.
  4. Nov 28, 2012
    Easily the best action shooter this year. It's like Diablo 3 in good. Real skill trees, your shooting skill affects the game, awesome character design, nice story telling, nice graphics (although a bit old and slow texture loading engine). I played it for about 8 hrs now and I could not find any flaw. Only the inventory is kind of messed up because of the console port it is (damn you,Easily the best action shooter this year. It's like Diablo 3 in good. Real skill trees, your shooting skill affects the game, awesome character design, nice story telling, nice graphics (although a bit old and slow texture loading engine). I played it for about 8 hrs now and I could not find any flaw. Only the inventory is kind of messed up because of the console port it is (damn you, consoles), but you get used to it and it works fine. The co-op play is awesome and i highly recommend to team up with your mates and just have a great time in pandora. I really love this game and it beats the crap out of the other shooters today. Expand
  5. Sep 19, 2012
    My opinion/review is simple. BUY IT! If you like FPS+RPG+endless loot this is for you. If you don't like long, in depth games DON'T BUY IT! This game is highly recommended by myself and is much easier than the 1st one and looks/feels better too! Keep in mind this is based on opinion and not fact. This is from my own personal experiences. ENJOY!!!
  6. Sep 29, 2012
    Just beaten the game 1st time. It's the same borderlands, but better!
    Borderlands 2 lost a little bit of art style somewhere, but gained a little bit of physics, more humor and great amount of badassesness.
  7. Sep 18, 2012
    Takes what was so good about Borderlands, and makes it even better. Then adds just about every tweek and improvement you can think of.

After having to deal with Diablo 3 for months of disapointment, frustration, and trying to finish without using the real money auction house, this game gives me faith again in game developers again.
  8. Dec 3, 2013
    Really nice game, large choice of weapons, beautiful graphics, interesting characters, large world to explore, interesting quests, interesting vehicle mini game, add a nice touch of humor and you have a near perfect game, only gave it 9 because i never give 10,I'm a firm believer that there is always room for improvement.
  9. Oct 24, 2012
    Very, very nice game. And one of the things that makes this game so good is that 2K Games succeded in what is nearly impossiple: Making a game that is better than it's predecessor in every way. The story is better, the talent system is better, the jokes are funnier and most importantly: The loot is way more awesome! The only reason i only gave this game 9/10 is because the single player isVery, very nice game. And one of the things that makes this game so good is that 2K Games succeded in what is nearly impossiple: Making a game that is better than it's predecessor in every way. The story is better, the talent system is better, the jokes are funnier and most importantly: The loot is way more awesome! The only reason i only gave this game 9/10 is because the single player is a lot worse than the multiplayer. Especially the last stand system is completly **** when there is no one to revive you. So i think i would give the multiplayer a 10/10 and then the single player about 7/10. Expand
  10. Sep 23, 2012
    When it comes down to it Borderlands 2 is basically a Diablo game built as a FPS. With beautiful graphics and a pretty well done PC port this makes for an addictive combination. If you don't like the repetition of Diablo and Torchlight kinds of games and are only used to CoD type shooters then this isn't for you. But I personally find this game to be a lot of fun!
  11. Jan 6, 2015
    A worthy successor to a fresh,original idea,evolving it to the next level.
    The game has loveable characters,insane humor,and addictive gameplay mix of and FPS and an RPG.

Go my minion,play this!
  12. Sep 19, 2012
    This is a vast improvement over BL1. Definitely a great port, almost as good as a pc exclusive title. Gameplay is fun, environment is more lively, and new characters are awesome. BL2 is hilarious, so many great punchlines. Originally, the game crashed and I couldn't play. Had to update my BIOS. (AMD/Gigabyte)
    But that does not warrant for a lower rating.

13. Sep 18, 2012
    at 13 hours into launch and i had realized i had put in 11.8 hours into the game. In a year where there are quite a few AAA titles, Borderlands 2 is a very strong contender for my personal 2012 GOTY..... however two glaring points keep BL2 from a 10/10 score. the first: STILL not being able to track multiple missions on your radar, the second: backtracking! having to trek across a mapat 13 hours into launch and i had realized i had put in 11.8 hours into the game. In a year where there are quite a few AAA titles, Borderlands 2 is a very strong contender for my personal 2012 GOTY..... however two glaring points keep BL2 from a 10/10 score. the first: STILL not being able to track multiple missions on your radar, the second: backtracking! having to trek across a map that is 5-6 levels below you (with respawned bosses along the way) just to complete an objective = not fun. everything else pretty much rocks... i love the new menus, pc optimization & settings (compared to the bare-bones console port of BL1), the bonus character skins/heads for achievements, the music (still have it on 10, yet to mute it), the epic dialogue/banter (especially from Clap Trap, Scooter, Handsome Jack), old & new characters & enemies... yes there is announced DLC but if its anything like BL1's add-ons, Gearbox actually does this right. All in all.... 9 out of 10 Marcus bobbleheads. Expand
  14. Nov 25, 2012
    There are 2 kinds of games: the games that comes from developers who never played a game and think that realism is the key to a great game, and on the other hand, the games that comes from developers who shoot for awesome and not realism, Borderlands 2 is one of those. If I could describe this game in 3 words, I think I would say something like "no falling damage". Borderlands 2 is aThere are 2 kinds of games: the games that comes from developers who never played a game and think that realism is the key to a great game, and on the other hand, the games that comes from developers who shoot for awesome and not realism, Borderlands 2 is one of those. If I could describe this game in 3 words, I think I would say something like "no falling damage". Borderlands 2 is a creative game that came from developers who knows what good gameplay is, really cool and addicting game, 9.5/10. Expand
  15. Oct 3, 2012
    This game is captivating and has fantastic humor, a great story and its just the right cure for the MMO dull drums. It doesn't take itself too seriously but is definitely a challenge. The Co-op is fantastic however not having individualized loot is the one thing I can say was poorly designed. The graphic are great with their unapologetic cartoon campiness. Even the casual remarks fromThis game is captivating and has fantastic humor, a great story and its just the right cure for the MMO dull drums. It doesn't take itself too seriously but is definitely a challenge. The Co-op is fantastic however not having individualized loot is the one thing I can say was poorly designed. The graphic are great with their unapologetic cartoon campiness. Even the casual remarks from the respawn machine make me laugh. Having my character say things that I am thinking when I get that perfect head shot is priceless. I am really looking forward to the DLC expansions that will be coming in the near future. Expand
  16. Sep 19, 2012
    Excellent game. Vastly superior to the original, far more engaging. Many reviewers are moaning about the PC port but in my opinion, this is the best AAA port in a while. There are numerous pc exclusive graphical options in Borderlands 2; from what I have seen, it looks much better than it's console counterparts.
  17. Sep 18, 2012
    Borderlands 2.0 is most certainly a worthy sequel to Borderlands and it's huge stable of DLC (most of which are awesome, though, screw Underdome). More gun variety, new missions, updated graphics (with great tweaks, including an FOV slider for the queasy among us), more colorful maps, and spectacular humor, this game will appease the hunger of any BL1 fans.
  18. Sep 18, 2012
    Alright, let's get the fact that this game is a console port out of the way. It's a console port. There I said it, now let's get over it. Moving on to the important parts, such as gameplay, narrative, and graphics, the things people actually give a flying f*** about. If you've played the first, then you'll know what the gameplay is like. It's the same basic idea, random weapon generatorAlright, let's get the fact that this game is a console port out of the way. It's a console port. There I said it, now let's get over it. Moving on to the important parts, such as gameplay, narrative, and graphics, the things people actually give a flying f*** about. If you've played the first, then you'll know what the gameplay is like. It's the same basic idea, random weapon generator creates hundreds of weapons, you shoot enemies, enemies die,you get loot and experience. And you know what? That's a recipe for some good gameplay in my book. I also think Gearbox made the right move in creating four all new Vault Hunters, while making the originals important to the story. That leads me to the next part, which is the story. Basically, you're a Vault Hunter, Handsome Jack is evil and cruel, you must kill him before he finds the new Vault and uses it to rule all of Pandora. Pretty straightforward, but it works. And Jack is just one of those antagonists you hate from the very beginning. He's rude, sarcastic, cruel, and, well...evil, I guess would be the right word. It's a straightforward plot, but it's a bloody good one. My only complaint are the PC's vehicle controls, which are a bit...what's a good word...clunky. But that's a small complaint as I got used to them fairly quickly. Now, for the graphics...honestly, I couldn't care less that the graphics aren't as good on the PC version as they are on the consoles. Why? Because I don't need fancy graphics to keep me entertained. The core of a game is how it plays, not how it looks. Give me a game with good gameplay and bad graphics over a game with bad gameplay and good graphics any day. To sum up, it's a very well done game, and a worthy sequel to the original. I recommend it, regardless of which platform you get it for. Expand
  19. Sep 18, 2012
    Game expands on the original with more of their humor and more weapons. If you enjoy your loot driven games like Diablo and torchlight you'll enjoy this FPSRPG. Scored non 10 because being a console port video options are pretty weak. As for the negative reviews for split-screen on a PC ...I don't even..
  20. Sep 19, 2012
    First off, this is NOT a console port(Did you guys even play the game?). Again to repeat what has been said before, If you like the first one you'll love this one. New dialogue is great, new weapons is awesome! There is enough variance in this game to make it different from the first one (from skill tree changes, to the options in game). The game delivers on what they said they would, itsFirst off, this is NOT a console port(Did you guys even play the game?). Again to repeat what has been said before, If you like the first one you'll love this one. New dialogue is great, new weapons is awesome! There is enough variance in this game to make it different from the first one (from skill tree changes, to the options in game). The game delivers on what they said they would, its all about killing and looting.

The only real disappointment I have with the game are the in game UI's. They do feel clunky and awkward to use, and I do think the Borderlands 1 had better UI's. I don't like having to click an arrow to view whats in my backpack, or to view all my skills in the trees. But this doesn't completely take away from the game for me.
  21. Sep 18, 2012
    Overall good game and well priced, Day one DLC isn't released on day one, and preorder bonus is achievable by registering at gearbox. Multiplayer is broken, but every game has its day one bugs.
  22. Oct 11, 2012
    I really enjoy this game and everything it has to offer. Big fan of BL1 and all the content. all new classes are cool and love the settings. after 24 hours of gameplay i am still waiting for a cool gun. Like someone else said most of the guns seem dumb or useless. granted i have found a few nice guns but nothing useful lol. all in all the graphics are great. most of the characters are theI really enjoy this game and everything it has to offer. Big fan of BL1 and all the content. all new classes are cool and love the settings. after 24 hours of gameplay i am still waiting for a cool gun. Like someone else said most of the guns seem dumb or useless. granted i have found a few nice guns but nothing useful lol. all in all the graphics are great. most of the characters are the same but better if that makes sense. Tiny Tina is a BOSS love her. I dont understand most of the jokes or the funniness of the game and I really try to but i dont get whats funny about most of the stuff. Expand
  23. Sep 22, 2012
    Well being a borderlands 1 fan i was definetly going to get this, but i was pretty skeptical cus theres been so much advertising it sounded like they were really desperate. But anyway the game has succeeded in impressing me and improving upon borderlands 1. The enviorments are much less depressing i.e every area isnt one huge scrapyard. There are more weapon designs, explosive pistols,Well being a borderlands 1 fan i was definetly going to get this, but i was pretty skeptical cus theres been so much advertising it sounded like they were really desperate. But anyway the game has succeeded in impressing me and improving upon borderlands 1. The enviorments are much less depressing i.e every area isnt one huge scrapyard. There are more weapon designs, explosive pistols, rifles that turn into grenades when reloaded etc and most of them actually look diffrent ie there not just slightly diffrent shades of grey like in borderlands 1. However the game is also incredibly similar to the last, combat is the same but it was good anyway, quests are pretty much the same, just as repetitive as the last but this can be cured by the continuous flow of cool loot. Its also a good game to play with friends. So if you liked the last 1 or like any form of rpg and can cope with the repititve nature later in the game u should like this game. Expand
  24. Sep 22, 2012
    A game with heart and style. The original connected genres and the second does so in an even better way. The humor of this series has always been among it's premier features, but add in a loot fest of "a bazillion" different weapons and upgrades and you can spend hours just seeing all of the different guns you can come up with. As for bugs, the few that are present at release areA game with heart and style. The original connected genres and the second does so in an even better way. The humor of this series has always been among it's premier features, but add in a loot fest of "a bazillion" different weapons and upgrades and you can spend hours just seeing all of the different guns you can come up with. As for bugs, the few that are present at release are honestly not not that bad compared to other major releases. Replayability I don't see ending anytime soon with upcoming DLC and the Badass rank system. Definitely worth the purchase price. Expand
  25. Sep 22, 2012
    I never grinded for gear as I played through the game. I would give this a solid 8.5, but leaning towards the 9. If your a fan of the first this game fits the nostalgia perfectly. I played through and beat the game as Zero as a sniper, clocking in about 31 hours of gameplay to beat the game. At first glance Zero and Mordecai seem very similar, but you soon realize that his skill tree isI never grinded for gear as I played through the game. I would give this a solid 8.5, but leaning towards the 9. If your a fan of the first this game fits the nostalgia perfectly. I played through and beat the game as Zero as a sniper, clocking in about 31 hours of gameplay to beat the game. At first glance Zero and Mordecai seem very similar, but you soon realize that his skill tree is much more intuitive and different enough that you do not feel like you are playing through as the same class. My main criticism is that the game becomes more fun and challenging as you play though. In the beginning the game feels easy, to most boring. In the end game, character leveling choices and skill mods define your character more than the weapons you are using. Instead items are icing on the cake, changing gameplay even further. When I started it was an easy run and gun with a pistol, in the middle I was a long range sniper looking down the scope of my rifle shooting the sweet spots of each enemy; but in the end I was a mid range sniper quickly moving in between cover looking down the iron sights of my favorite sniper rifle scoring those critical shots, while avoiding being sent to the ground by a couple enemy shots. A big flaw in the game is that in the beginning it feels too easy and lack luster in terms of story. However as the game progressed through each chapter, fights became more intense, enemies more varied, in the very end hitting enemy weak points were the difference between life or death. Ammo is another issue as you will frantically search levels looking for ammo of your weapon, making spray and pray a horrible idea, especially towards the end even with increased ammo space, each miss made the fight that much harder, especially if the bullet didn't blow that robots shooting arm off.

The story itself also becomes evolves as more back story is added on to the game, along with plot developments and twists I didn't see coming from a mile away. Slight spoiler the end of the game does not feel empty like the first. The storyline missions are a big driving force in the game, in terms of being fun, along with driving a developing story. Side missions are completely optional, if you do not like the objective it can simply be skipped. Others I felt like playing through for the story and fun of the objective. For example there is an entire option area of the game called lynchwood that became one of my favorites in the game. In terms of difficulty along with providing an interesting tangent to the story. Also giving you one of the most interesting and powerful gun for a couple of chapters.

One big flaw that did not impact my gameplay was the respawn of areas inside the game. Often times I would clear entire areas as I advance to a final objective. When I started to backtrack, some of those areas would have respawns or new encounters. Personally I just ran through the areas, making me wonder why I didn't do that in the first place, then I realized I had fun. At times I would still clear the areas, because the fights were still fun to me. Personally I would of added a spawn to the beginning of an area option for those who just want to turn in a mission without having to deal with those respawns. I enjoyed the get out of dodge that it created. Still this is a big flaw in design, but does not stop me from recommending this game to others or lowering my scoring even further. I rarely beat single player video games, but with borderlands 2, I had a blast, and walked away feeling satisfied.
  26. Feb 15, 2013
    This game dramatically improves upon BL1. This game has perfected the run, gun and loot genre of fps. Now this may be a little repetitive at times so I can not give it a perfect 10. This game does not take a lot of skill to play but as far as enjoyment I would give this game an 11 if I could. The music and sound effects are awesome if you have a good sound card and cans. The writing isThis game dramatically improves upon BL1. This game has perfected the run, gun and loot genre of fps. Now this may be a little repetitive at times so I can not give it a perfect 10. This game does not take a lot of skill to play but as far as enjoyment I would give this game an 11 if I could. The music and sound effects are awesome if you have a good sound card and cans. The writing is hilarious and general mood of the world is outstanding. If your tired of BF3 and COD and are looking just for pure fun and smiles grab this game for sure. Expand
  27. Jul 6, 2014
    Easily one of my favorite games of 2013. Great exploration, good story, tons of action, rewarding co-op, very challenging gameplay. Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is too hard to solo, you'll need to play it with others. Also the final DLC, Raid on Digistruct Peak is not a new story campaign but instead a small set of near impossible challenges that will have you grinding to "OP 8" which isEasily one of my favorite games of 2013. Great exploration, good story, tons of action, rewarding co-op, very challenging gameplay. Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is too hard to solo, you'll need to play it with others. Also the final DLC, Raid on Digistruct Peak is not a new story campaign but instead a small set of near impossible challenges that will have you grinding to "OP 8" which is another way of saying level 80 without the extra 8 skill points. In other words the final DLC seems rushed and unnecessary.

Took 40 hours to beat the main story line but I played 500 hours total because it's just that much fun to challenge yourself with True/Ultimate Vault hunter modes and collect loot.

The psycho and mechromancer add-ons are fun, but don't buy them unless you really like the game.
    Overall amazing game. Highly recommended.
  28. Sep 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A very fun, a very entertaining story. It has perfect mix of comedic and serious game-play. The weapon system is simple, which works out well since there are so many weapons that you can obtain. The only reason that i give this a 9, is that the game is less fun in single player than in multiplayer. My recommendation, call your friends, and get playing. Expand
  29. Sep 30, 2012
    I've been playing games for 20 years and I have to say I'm not easily impressed by a game. But man Borderlands 2 was a surprise. A game should be entertaining, it should raise your adrenaline and put a smile on your face - that's exactly what Borderdland does and it's doing it in style. Superb writing, story - this time you'll really care about the characters, and amazing, action packedI've been playing games for 20 years and I have to say I'm not easily impressed by a game. But man Borderlands 2 was a surprise. A game should be entertaining, it should raise your adrenaline and put a smile on your face - that's exactly what Borderdland does and it's doing it in style. Superb writing, story - this time you'll really care about the characters, and amazing, action packed combat. The best game of the year and one of the best I've ever played. Thanks Gearbox and keep up the good work! Expand
  30. Oct 2, 2012
    Gearbox knew what we all wanted and has delivered it to us, apart for some short comings such as enemy scaling, the rest of the game is bloody perfect for anyone like me that loved the first game.
  31. Aug 8, 2013
    Well done Gearbox. Except for a bit of stutter in the menus the PC port is great. It's basically Borderlands all over again, but nothing wrong with that: excesses of run and gun with an insane amount (of mostly crappy) loot to sort through. Dozens of time wasting 'challenges' and 'unlockables'. Numerous tough set pieces that kill you and make you try again. Bundled with an accessible,Well done Gearbox. Except for a bit of stutter in the menus the PC port is great. It's basically Borderlands all over again, but nothing wrong with that: excesses of run and gun with an insane amount (of mostly crappy) loot to sort through. Dozens of time wasting 'challenges' and 'unlockables'. Numerous tough set pieces that kill you and make you try again. Bundled with an accessible, enjoyable multiplayer. In short this game is a near-perfect (mindless) shooter. The humour is amusing, the gunplay is fun (and tough at times). Character skill trees do the job. And if you can snap up the season pass on sale, this game is BIG, giving gamers plenty of time to waste if they so desire. Nothing at all to complain about here. However since I find the game personally a little empty, long-winded and (dare I say it) boring, it scores 9/10 from the orctowngrot. Expand
  32. Oct 17, 2012
    I love this game. If you played the first and were on the fence about getting the second, I can say they kept everything that worked in the original and fixed most of the things that didn't. I played the original and the expansions, which I felt had more enetertaining plotlines that were easier to follow. Borderlands 2 definately kept the trend going. I play this game with my wife and weI love this game. If you played the first and were on the fence about getting the second, I can say they kept everything that worked in the original and fixed most of the things that didn't. I played the original and the expansions, which I felt had more enetertaining plotlines that were easier to follow. Borderlands 2 definately kept the trend going. I play this game with my wife and we both enjoy it very much. co-op increases the game's enjoyment. I thought I would miss the original classes, but the new ones are very close to them and have their own fun unique skills to play with. I hope for many good expansions to come! Expand
  33. Jul 20, 2013
    This game is fantastic and is a great successor to what was originally a great game. The classes, while bearing a striking resemblance to the vault hunters of the first game, are better defined and feel fresh compared to the classes of the original. The gameplay is just as good as you would expect, the storyline is good (although, just like in the 1st borderlands, you can tell that theyThis game is fantastic and is a great successor to what was originally a great game. The classes, while bearing a striking resemblance to the vault hunters of the first game, are better defined and feel fresh compared to the classes of the original. The gameplay is just as good as you would expect, the storyline is good (although, just like in the 1st borderlands, you can tell that they stretched it out at points, and the endings are mostly identical), and the characters are great. The game really shines in multiplayer though- I'm glad that they have cross-platform play between the Mac and PC, but it's currently out-of-synch because of a patch update for the PC that has yet to come out for Mac. Other than that, the game is fantastic. Expand
  34. Nov 15, 2012
    Borderlands 2 does a good job of making this shoot and loot RPG not fall into the trap of becoming very linear. Although to some extent the storyline feels linear the side quests do a great job of breaking up the story, the zones are great and you will find some truly epic moments that made me howl with laughter and also fall silent as you are drawn into the events unfolding before you.Borderlands 2 does a good job of making this shoot and loot RPG not fall into the trap of becoming very linear. Although to some extent the storyline feels linear the side quests do a great job of breaking up the story, the zones are great and you will find some truly epic moments that made me howl with laughter and also fall silent as you are drawn into the events unfolding before you. The second run through ramps up the difficulty to a good level with bosses and groups of mobs or events requiring some kind of strategy. I have played this game mainly in Co-op and that is whereI have found most fun, in games comms work well and I have found random players and majority of the community to be good company. Ultimately I would recommend you grab some friends, jump in and go crazy. A very solid 9. Expand
  35. Dec 15, 2012
    Best graphics I've ever seen in my entire life!! If you got a **** graphic card, you should get your hands on this game quickly. This game got soo "f*cked up" graphics that it shouldn't bother you at all. But after all a very good game. Run and buy!
  36. Nov 20, 2012
    A great game that 100% embraces what it is and does not try to be anything else. It is not a massive upgrade over the first game but more what Borderlands should have been. Had the original come out only last year there may not be enough innovation here to justify the sequel but I feel it has been long enough that I am ready for another romp around Pandora.
    The game is big, if you do
    The game is big, if you do the majority of the side quests you are looking at roughly 55 hours to make it through the story and you will be roughly level 35 (level cap is 50). The environments are not as varied as they could be but there are far more of them then where in the first game, yet they all fell like part of Pandora. There seems to be roughly double the number of enemy types and the game does a good job at changing things up. Just when i am getting tired of a certain enemy I end up going up against something different. The weapons are still mostly randomly generated, there does seem to be a greater variety, it could be better but there is almost always something new to try.
    Where the game vastly improved was the story. They did a great job with Handsome Jack and setting him up as the primary protagonist. Along the way you will meet and kill many other eccentric characters but the entire game you are moving towards the final confrontation with Jack. I found the writing for the most part to be very witty, a few childish jokes but for the most part double entendras that gave me a chuckle if not laugh out loud. The classes are a bit more varied then they were in the first game, it also feels more like you are picking a character instead of a class. Each character has a back story that gets somewhat explored during the game, they also each have their own personality and a unique play mechanic.
    All in all a great game with lots of gameplay, a quality story, lots of fun guns, a passable leveling system. It looks good, runs smoothly, excellent voice work and a unique art style. We dont need a sequel next year but by 2014 maybe 2015 I will be ready for a another sequel.
  37. Jun 7, 2013
    I'm generally not a "shooter" game fan, I haven't played games of that genre since DOOM and Quake back in the 90's, but this game is incredible.

The characters in BL2 are hilarious, the main villain is such an outrageous, self-centered jerk that you'll be dying to slay him by midway through the game. I wont even get into some of the phrases the various bad guys yell at you, but whoever did the writing here has a great sense of humor.

The guns look great, and they have such varied combinations of stat bonuses and drawbacks that you'll really have to do some experimenting with them to see which ones work best for you, (it may not be immediately apparent in most cases). This is the case with grenade mods, shields, and other equipment too; you'll really have to look at the stats and experiment a bit in different scenarios, there isn't always an obvious "best" choice. The equipment "drop rates" seem about right to me; while leveling up I would find something amazing about every 7 levels, which would really give my character a significant boost in power for the next few levels.

In addition to the weapons and armor, the skill trees in BL2 give it a real rpg feel. Each class has 3 specialization trees, as you level you'll get skill points to assign and build your character's spec. There are also dozens upon dozens of outfit skins and character faces, (some are very rare), so you can alter your character's appearance in many different ways. There's vehicle combat in BL2, and you can even change the way your vehicle looks and it's weapons.

The combat and controls are great, on the PC this doesn't feel like a console port to me at all. The battles in this game are huge, and hard. You're going to have to learn how to make use of cover, retreat, and effectively use your arsenal of various guns and grenades. The enemies come with various strengths and weaknesses, so figuring out which tactic works best against which provides a lot of depth and strategy for a shooter game.

I love the Borderlands look and art work, and the game runs great on my computer. The only reason I'm not giving this game a 10 is because some parts of it, especially on the second play through, seem like they were designed with multiplayer in mind. Not that it's impossible to do solo, just potentially extremely frustrating at times. As someone who prefers to solo in games that have single and multiplayer options, I have to deduct a point there.
  38. May 25, 2013
    Such a wonderful open world, full of fun and violence. Borderlands 2 is a big step up from Borderlands 1, and will keep you entertained for at least 25 hours. The only thing I dislike are the invisible walls, they can get slightly annoying.
  39. Aug 25, 2013
    Excellent game, the brilliantly wide variety of guns, gadgets and missions keeps you coming back for more and more, and the boss fights get more and more epic. A truly special game I was happy to complete.....

Only for it to get even better in multiplayer!

A really great game.
  40. Dec 13, 2012
    9/10. Easiest score I ever gave. Game is great with lots of action and explosions. The maps are well laid out and I am loving the tongue in cheek humor. Love Jack and his voice overs. I deducted a point because the character weapon / backpack interface that worked so well in Borderlands was tweaked to become less usable. Hard to see weapon stats without selecting the actual weapon. Select9/10. Easiest score I ever gave. Game is great with lots of action and explosions. The maps are well laid out and I am loving the tongue in cheek humor. Love Jack and his voice overs. I deducted a point because the character weapon / backpack interface that worked so well in Borderlands was tweaked to become less usable. Hard to see weapon stats without selecting the actual weapon. Select backpack and you cannot see stats on equipped things. You can by selecting "Compare", but it is not easy to run through many items at once. Have to select each in turn. It's a minor niggle, but it bugs me every time I access it. Also, you cannot throw grenades when trying for a Second Wind. You CAN move slowly when down which is nice for getting around boxes and better than the original. Expand
  41. Dec 20, 2012
    It improves the original in almost all aspects, but the most notable and important (IMO) it's history and characters. Now we have a good plot with superb dialogue (most of the time) and excelent characters. I love to hate Handsome Jack, one of the best vilains of this generation of games.
    The game major flaw, for me, is the lack of customization. Just listen to me, Gearbox: if in Borderlands 3 you allow we to create our own Vault Hunters, I'll gladly give it a 10/10!
  42. May 1, 2014
    Got to find that legendary weapon! Excellent game and lots of fun in single player and co-op. Some great DLC as well. If you liked the first, there is no reason not to get this one.
  43. Jan 26, 2014
    A truley amazing game!

Very fun, lots of things to do, and the graphics are great! Borderlands gives you a feeling that you are on a sweet planet with a great storyline (makes me laugh a lot). Nice FPS system with leveling, and many options for gear and builds! Great game and I highly recommend to anyone! I didn't give it a 10 though, only because the DLC is expensive and there
    A truley amazing game!

Very fun, lots of things to do, and the graphics are great!

Great game and I highly recommend to anyone!

I didn't give it a 10 though, only because the DLC is expensive and there is too much of it.
  44. Apr 29, 2013
    OK, my review may be quite late, but I'm here only after putting 180 hours in the game and buying the Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack. So far, many of you must already know about the graphics and the story and the jokes et cetera et cetera. Well, I don't really care about the graphics, or the story, or the jokes. It's an FPS, and you are required to shoot, and all you have to do is just shoot.OK, my review may be quite late, but I'm here only after putting 180 hours in the game and buying the Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack. So far, many of you must already know about the graphics and the story and the jokes et cetera et cetera. Well, I don't really care about the graphics, or the story, or the jokes. It's an FPS, and you are required to shoot, and all you have to do is just shoot. And it is a helluva FPS in the Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, where all the bots scale up in level and are really hard to kill. Expand
  45. Jan 3, 2013
    A fun game for certain. Enemies are varied enough, game has enough action, a decent story to drag you through the zones, and many, many different kinds of guns to keep you hunting. Loses points for having a **** console inventory interface, it's not as bad as some games but it should be better. The weapons are horribly inaccurate which I suppose fits with the way the game is setup butA fun game for certain. Enemies are varied enough, game has enough action, a decent story to drag you through the zones, and many, many different kinds of guns to keep you hunting. Loses points for having a **** console inventory interface, it's not as bad as some games but it should be better. The weapons are horribly inaccurate which I suppose fits with the way the game is setup but can be very frustrating at times. Lastly, looting ammo all the time gets really tedious. This is the games biggest flaw. Still a great game. Expand
  46. Jan 4, 2013
    Great game just not enough in the box :( You will spend hours playing :) but the quest are sometimes just a build up :( THe expansion pack leave one going where is the rest of it. Would I buy again well hey dah.. FPS good ones are hard to find. The COOP in this game rocks :)
  47. Jan 15, 2013
    Wait a minute. Those cookies aren't chocolate chip. Those...are...raisins. WHYYYYYY-HY-HYYYYY?! SHAWTY, DESTROY ALL THE FOOD DISPENSERS! WIPE THE RAISIN ABOMINATIONS OFF THE MAP! I JUST WANTED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! WHY DO BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE?
  48. Jul 24, 2014
    Beautiful, cartoony game with a cool story, great characters, humor, a crapload of loot, bunch of character upgrades, challenging enemies, lots of replayability and has the best use of Nvidia's PhysX I have ever seen. Although the PC version is king of all versions, it has its fair share of fps drops, due to it favoring high-end Intel CPUs over anything by AMD. No big deal if you're fineBeautiful, cartoony game with a cool story, great characters, humor, a crapload of loot, bunch of character upgrades, challenging enemies, lots of replayability and has the best use of Nvidia's PhysX I have ever seen. Although the PC version is king of all versions, it has its fair share of fps drops, due to it favoring high-end Intel CPUs over anything by AMD. No big deal if you're fine with 30-40 fps. I play on a 360 controller to mask the input lag and it feels fine. I would give 10/10, but even on the lowest settings, 60 fps at all times isn't possible on my not-bad-but-not-ultra system, where other games like Just Cause 2 and Metro: Last Light run amazingly at much higher settings. Kinda stupid, but whatever. BL2, in itself, is great. Play with friends and enjoy! Single player is loads of fun too. Expand
  49. Feb 14, 2013
    This game is really good. I liked it until it got out of hand. By out of hand i mean you having to farm bosses for hours to get... like one shield. It has a great story, gameplay and voice acting, so i give it a 9.
  50. Feb 19, 2013
    Gearbox really did a fantastic job on Borderlands 2. Everything, from the enviroments, the gun variety, and the humor are really fantastic and I can't praise the developers more than I can already. Aside from a few minor complaints, there is nothing holding it back from a major award. The opening mission really pulled me in, as Claptrap's hilarious first dialouge sets up the start for theGearbox really did a fantastic job on Borderlands 2. Everything, from the enviroments, the gun variety, and the humor are really fantastic and I can't praise the developers more than I can already. Aside from a few minor complaints, there is nothing holding it back from a major award. The opening mission really pulled me in, as Claptrap's hilarious first dialouge sets up the start for the game. Claptrap's dialouge in it of itself is very hilarous and at times moves the plot forward. Seaking of plot, this is an area where Borderlands 2 excells. Handsome Jack is hands down one of the best villians I have ever faced. The returning cast of characters from the first game are all given something to do and a role to play. Moving on, the variety is insane, with more weapons than I can attempt to count, and the customization for your characters is equally as impressive. The side quests in this game are massive in number and you will never find yourself running low on them. And the side quests play a role too, because you cannot JUST DO THE MAIN QUESTS. That is highly inadvisable, as the teeming hordes of enemies that Handsome Jack throughs at you towards the end will show no mercy when they cut you down. The drop in, drop out co-op is very impressive, and in my opinion, the only way to play. My friend and I(HUGE thanks to him) played through the game together from level 1 up to our current level of 29 and we have only scratched the surface of the multitude of quests this game has to offer. My only complaints are that the npc's in Sanctuary and the other non-enemy controlled towns are very bland and seem to use the same character model. The memes in this game are everywhere to be found and NEVER go away. Memes only tell us that your too lazy to write an actual joke so you have to take someone else's content. But nonetheless, this game is amazing and I cannot wait for the upcoming DLC's this game has to offer. Expand
  51. Apr 21, 2013
    I like this game a lot, you can shoot many different guns and there is also multiplayer co-op. I have the season pass too which adds lots of more enemies and more guns. This game is more fun than Aliens:Colonial Marines. I like.
  52. Mar 11, 2013
    Borderlands 2 puts you in an immense, loot-filled and humerous adventure that sets its hooks in you pretty damn good! Grab a friend or two and start scavenging for loot, showing off your awesome weapons and laughing your asses off with the funny one-liners. Never before could any game keep the humor and gameplay so top-notch without making it feel dumb. Hat off, 2K.
  53. May 23, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is with no doubt one of the most unique titles I've seen.
    It is very easy to get sucked into the world the game takes place in, as if you're there yourself.
    The whole way the game runs is unusual but very special and interesting. Unlike many modern games you only have to stick to a basic, far from reach objective, but no one tells you how, or when. It gives you freedom
    Borderlands 2 is with no doubt one of the most unique titles I've seen.
    The whole way the game runs is unusual but very special and interesting.
    It gives you freedom there are so many ways to get to the objective they set you, so many tactics each with it pros and cons and so many places and mini-quests to go through.
    Graphics are very nice and not too demanding (runs max on my mid-level PC), characters are clever and funny, AI gets increasingly good as the time passes and they actually pose a threat.
    Borderlands 2 is also stuffed with humor that will make anyone laugh.
    It runs smoothly and bug free.
    For those with creative thinking and a bit of patience, Borderlands 2 is one of the best games around.
  54. Jun 13, 2014
    this game is pure awesomeness and is more badass than the previous game . the weapons is almost near to infinity with each weapon having its own property . and world of pandora is huge . the co op is fun
  55. Mar 28, 2013
    If you like playing first person shooters such as Call of Duty, Medal of Honor or even Counter Strike, and you’re an even bigger nerd if you like comic books and everything that has to do with comics.. You’re in for a big treat with Borderlands 2!

As for the game play, it feels the same as in any other FPS game. Playing solo is fully doable in Borderlands 2 but playing with friends is certainly more fun. There are several ways you can go, either just run in and try to trash it all although I do prefer to run in with tactics beforehand or just discuss the tactics together and see if that works. Loot-wise, when you’re alone it’s all yours. If you’re playing with friends, the loot will be shared but don’t fear! Your friend, that found the awesome Sniper Rifle, can easily trade the weapon to you only if you ask it nicely!

You can choose to play between four different characters, or you can play and level them all in the long run, but you can only play one character at once. Each of these characters, or better yet classes, have their own special powers and gun preferences. Firstly you have Axton, the Commando class which has the special power called ‘Scorpio Turret 2.0′. It simply deploys a scorpio turret that will automatically fire at enemies. Next you have Zero, the Assassin class which I’m absolutely in love with that has ‘Deception’ where you create a holographic decoy and can vanish for a few seconds. Usually this is enough to help you stay alive. The third character you can pick is Salvador, better known as the Gunzerker class. Big guy. Big guns. And that’s what his special power really does, ‘Gunzerking’ will give you a second gun so you can go nuts! The last one is Maya, the Siren class, which has ‘Phaselock’ where she will lockdown an enemy by phasing them into other dimensions. The Siren class somehow reminds me of Wizards or Mages in general, especially when you see her ability.

One down side that I have noticed in the game is that if you make a new character and go through the quests once more or do quests once more with the same character even you will know where to point your gun at. Surely, it could be just me because I store stupid memories in my head but the enemies spawn at the same places over and over again. Adding a few different spawn points could have given you slightly more diversity in the game.

As for the graphics, they combined the play style of First Person Shooters with an entire comic book style-based graphics which is refreshing and totally awesome from my point of view. As for the environments, they’re well cooked. Not only do you have the big city, there’s also the artic tundra to shiver upon or the dangerous grasslands where enemies are hiding in the least expected corners.
  56. Sep 18, 2013
    The same great style of Borderlands, good voice acting, good characters, etc. I actually played this one all the way through unlike the original. Unfortunately that's not enough to unlock all the skill trees and apparently they expect multiple replays. Mulitplayer jumping in and out of games is pretty seamless and well done. There are exploits to let you hold on to your premium chestThe same great style of Borderlands, good voice acting, good characters, etc. I actually played this one all the way through unlike the original. Unfortunately that's not enough to unlock all the skill trees and apparently they expect multiple replays. Mulitplayer jumping in and out of games is pretty seamless and well done. There are exploits to let you hold on to your premium chest keys and wikis with all the codes if you're in to gear hoarding. Expand
  57. Aug 17, 2013
    Absolutely amazing! I've invested 190 hours as of now, and not one of them was dull. Borderlands 2 is better in every aspect than the first, excluding two things. The only things keeping me from giving this game a 10 is the removal of weapon proficiencies and the gun manufacturers S&S munitions, and Atlas. Other than that, this game is nothing short of a masterpiece. With it's chaotic,Absolutely amazing! I've invested 190 hours as of now, and not one of them was dull. Borderlands 2 is better in every aspect than the first, excluding two things. The only things keeping me from giving this game a 10 is the removal of weapon proficiencies and the gun manufacturers S&S munitions, and Atlas. Other than that, this game is nothing short of a masterpiece. With it's chaotic, fast-paced firefights, it's awesome co-op multiplayer, and great leveling system, I can't put a price on this game that I wouldn't be willing to pay. Expand
  58. Jun 26, 2013
    tons of fun! tons of guns. just. destroy. shoot. everything. collect all the guns. repeat and having fun. adding some words so it's reach 150 characters.
  59. May 17, 2013
    I would definately advise borderlands 2. While initially put off by what others said about boring gameplay, I got on its wavelength pretty fast and really enjoyed. The quirky characters are fun too, with some excellent lines. While the campaign is boring to begin with it picks up later in the game. Stick with it, it's worth it.
  60. Jul 4, 2013
    Borderlands 2 deliveries more fun, in a already amazing game title. This game has lots of replay ability, and lots of great dlc,s to keep you LOOT hunting for a very long time.. Oh and slot machines you can win money, items and guns. Ps, and more Moxxi
  61. Oct 5, 2014
    At 9.4/10 this is the highest rating I gave a game yet.

Starting with what lost that half-point and prevented my first ever 10/10. The vending machines - Marcus Munitions: there was the same lines of chat repeated over and over. Having Marcus dialogue talking of when you're next for murder was not funny. Murder is not funny. Handsome Jack said some really disgusting stuff. It was
    At 9.4/10 this is the highest rating I gave a game yet.

Starting with what lost that half-point and prevented my first ever 10/10.

Handsome Jack said some really disgusting stuff. It was meant to set us up to know who we were dealing with, and reminders during the game were necessary. It was too much for me though.

Other than this the game rocked. Rocked! Fun by the trainload and lots and lots of badasses to shoot. Everyone mentions the graphics and they are brilliant. Using the cartoon style gave the artist(s) more artistic licence to produce stuff that might have looked out of place in another engine. Also the artistry was of the highest quality so sets looked excellent.

It is another inventory full again, run to a shop game. Choosing which weapon to use was quite easy though so nothing really slows it down. From the start this game is beautifully intense and a few minutes into the game the action starts. It flows from then on at a fast pace as character upgrades and new weapons keep it flying. Shooting causes all kinds of things to happen. Numbers of damage fly off the enemy but not in any annoying way. Explosions cause rubble to dissipate everywhere. Good modern graphics cards that run good PhysX make this great. It showcases your PC perfectly.

I loved Borderlands 2 GOTY, and I wasn't sure I would even like it. It was my first Bordelands game, but I have since purchased Borderlands GOTY.
  62. Jul 1, 2013
    I wasn't the biggest fan of B1 I finished it the first time through and stalled somewhere 2/3 into it the 2nd time through; I wasn't sure if I'd get B2 but went for it after many friends were constantly talking praise about it.. Found out there were pretty much spot on. It's not the best at 'anything' but it's really good at 'everything'. B2 NPC's have more personality than you canI wasn't the biggest fan of B1 I finished it the first time through and stalled somewhere 2/3 into it the 2nd time through; I wasn't sure if I'd get B2 but went for it after many friends were constantly talking praise about it.. Found out there were pretty much spot on. It's not the best at 'anything' but it's really good at 'everything'. B2 NPC's have more personality than you can shake a skag at.. I mean really.. Who doesn't find Tiny Tina adorable as she has you find her main squeeeeeze's badonkadonks, so she can help you burn all the babies on the train??? (Not literally although you never see who 'was' in the train)

Beyond that the weapon porn you came to expect in B1 shines and then some in B2. I've only delved into one DLC so far and reportedly it's the best (by others, I can only judge what I've played). Tiny Tina as a Dungeon Master in Sanctuary is almost as good as her wanting to 'shank a b***h'.. :)

I'd give it a 10 if they replaced Gaige with TT, or at least added her with a DLC..
  63. Jul 7, 2013
    While I don't think this was as good as BL1, I still think this is a very solid game overall. The overall vault hunters, excluding the Mechromancer and the Psycho, aren't as strong as the ones before them in BL1. This in turn made the game slightly more difficult, which was somewhat of a good and bad thing for me. What made BL1 great is present in this game, but its largely much of theWhile I don't think this was as good as BL1, I still think this is a very solid game overall. The overall vault hunters, excluding the Mechromancer and the Psycho, aren't as strong as the ones before them in BL1. This in turn made the game slightly more difficult, which was somewhat of a good and bad thing for me. What made BL1 great is present in this game, but its largely much of the same as it was before, except it took more time for this game to build steam. The game felt very meh up until somewhere past half way through. Past that point, the game got REALLY good, and I couldn't put it down until the ending. Again, very solid game, but don't let the hype get to you, or you WILL be disappointed. Expand
  64. Jul 15, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is hours of fun. Some minor details have been improved from the first installment to make playing smoother and more enjoyable. I've almost finished my second play through and enjoyed it equally both times. The story is entertaining and the side missions never fail to amuse me. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is into this style of games.
  65. Jul 16, 2013
    the game is nice all in all not many bugs generally this game rocked i can highly recommend this game for everybody who wants a good laugh. and a challenge buy this game and you will get good laugh though the game is a bit boring at the start the funner missions starts later in the game
  66. Feb 9, 2014
    The replay factor is crazy: I"ve got characters of all classes and still haven't got tired of the game even playing single player most of the time. The variety of missions and DLC makes the game live much longer. Story is cool, great voice acting, beautiful graphics, precise controls and and a serious pack of fun.
  67. Jul 22, 2013
    A much better game than the first, I have really only one complaint and that is to have the weapon vendors carry good weapons I spend a lot of time scavenging for and the vendors carry the crappiest of gear and for me it is disappointing.
  68. Jul 25, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a great example of a fun game (to play with friends.)
    The basic storyline is just taken from Borderlands (the first game) Where the characters are trying to get to the vault. The same thing happens in this game, except it is with different characters and some 'Different' Objectives.
    Borderlands 2 is a great example of a fun game (to play with friends.)
    The game tries to make you play with your friends. I have noticed (while playing by myself) that it becomes extremely hard to complete bosses on your own, but when you have a friend play with you, you can kill him first try For example, Wilhelm (a boss) took me two days, or 20 tries, to beat by myself, but then with a friend, it is one try. When it says has joined the struggle! The creatures of pandora strengthen!' I think what it means is has joined the (non) struggle! The creatures of pandora Weaken!' I have yet to beat the game, but somehow this game makes me coming back for more. My friend is kind of obsessed with this game, he is really good at it aswell. We were playing it together one night, and we agreed that we would complete the game and do True vault hunter mode, and then I bought ultimate vault hunter mode for both of us. The thing is, you will get bored of the game sometimes, and leave it for a month or two, and then when you have nothing to do, you go to it and say "Please forgive me, oh great Borderlands 2, I need your great therapy for my looting lust". In fact, I haven't been able to not play the game for at least a month, because the great multiplayer keeps bringing me back. The gameplay has no 'special' features to it, but in it's core it is just an RPG/FPS/MMO game, where it's fun to mess around online. Overall, I would only buy this game if other people on your friends list have the game and actually want to play it with you. The repetitiveness is easily forgiven through the great feeling of killing a massive robot and getting your first legendary weapon from it. My rating of this game would be a 87%, in other words, it's a great game, for a great price. As long as you don't mind a little bit of repetitive missions and storyline, the developers took their time to render and program over 100,000+ guns, which you will enjoy. Buy it only if you want it.
  69. Jul 28, 2013
    This is a great FPS with a funny storyline that had me dodging bullets and giggling the entire time. Great and constant DLC support will keep you shooting for a long time.
  70. Jul 31, 2013
    Borderlands 2 does not change the gameplay in any significant way, but it does fix every single flaw that was present in the original, where Borderlands 1's greatest weaknesses became Borderland 2's greatest strength. This sequels has more colorful environments, an engaging story, an entertaining cast of characters and much greater enemy variety which draw you into the experience just asBorderlands 2 does not change the gameplay in any significant way, but it does fix every single flaw that was present in the original, where Borderlands 1's greatest weaknesses became Borderland 2's greatest strength. This sequels has more colorful environments, an engaging story, an entertaining cast of characters and much greater enemy variety which draw you into the experience just as much as the core gameplay mechanics do making this feel like a whole package. Expand
  71. Jul 21, 2015
    Having never played the first installment of Borderlands, I was a little tentative to jump right into the second game. After having put ~35 hours into Borderlands 2, I think it was well worth it and I would recommend the game to anyone.

The Borderlands universe is fraught with outrageously funny situations and characters that blend together to make a truly enjoyable story line with laughs the whole way through. Combat is really fun and I would certainly recommend a controller to get the full shoot 'em up experience. At times the combat does get repetitive and that makes the game feel drawn out and much longer than I expected it to be. That being said, it would e easy to put in a huge amount of hours into Borderlands since there are a multitude of fun, interesting side quests that flesh out the story and provide a break from moving inexorably toward the end of the game.

I think my biggest pet peeve with the game is that once you have been to an area and kill everything, the next time you go there, say for a side quest that has you backtrack, you have to kill everything again. This may not be too much of a problem if you decide to do large chunks in one sitting or complete everything in an area together but I play very on and off so it gets annoying when I'm constantly grinding through enemies I've already slain.

Overall, the second installment of the Borderlands franchise is fun, new, and has a very unique artistic style that sets it apart from the rest of the shooter RPg genre.

Score: Probably an 8.5 but I think a 9 is appropriate due to it having such a great sense of humor and adventure.
  72. Aug 15, 2013
    This game is just plain fun. Playing the first Borderlands and being extremely let down by the storyline, I was really hesitant to pick up this and play it, but glad I did.

I am very satisfied how the developers tried to keep some combat elements familiar to Borderlands 1, but expanded and improved on them as well. Some sequels (Mass Effect series comes to mind) are notorious for completely redoing the combat system and physically changing the feel of the game, but not so with BL2.

The storyline was extremely satisfying and tied up many loose ends from the first game, and was somehow both dark and humorous at the same time. The side quests were not mindless milk runs, and I genuinely enjoyed completing them for the interaction with the NPC's in the game.

The enemies gave enough variety and difficulty to keep combat interesting the entire game, and the add-on packs even more so.

I think one of the best features is that this game is fun both as a single player campaign or as multiplayer. The dynamics are very different for both playstyles, but both are equally fun.

One negative I will point out with this game is how the graphics engine is coded and all of the glitches and bugs it produces. Similar to Crysis, it does require significant horsepower to run, and it is not because the graphics are "just so phenomenal". Its because the rendering software was not optimized properly. During some parts of the game, I found myself in the heat of combat only to receive the lag spike of death and losing all progress since my last save.

Overall, extremely happy with this game.
  73. Aug 24, 2013
    This game delivers.
    It's got good music, funny dialogues, quests and claptrap. It even got me into buying a helmet to customize the looks of my Assasin.
    I got a solid 70 hours of gameplay and there's still plenty to discover and complete if I want to.
  74. Sep 14, 2013
    I like this game because it's beautiful (graphics and all) to the point and has lots of shooting to do. The story is also likeable. It has a non-linear setting and it's a no-nonsense game. No disappointments.
  75. Nov 7, 2013
    It's quite simple. any game that can give you 100+ hours of game play value WITHOUT any multi-player component is nothing short but a great accomplishment. Great graphics, great characters and addictive gameplay. Too bad that the missions tend to repeat themselves and the quest are quite simple.
    The co-op is also great and offers a great experience with friends if you want to take on the biggest bosses.
  76. Oct 1, 2014
    Works better than the console versions, some minor hiccups aside, although the keyboard controls need tweaking to be comfortable right off the bat. I had the ps3 version and couldn't finish it due to graphical glitches where the textures would never finish loading and the frame rate would drop down the the single digits. Having a smooth gameplay experience helps to appreciate all theWorks better than the console versions, some minor hiccups aside, although the keyboard controls need tweaking to be comfortable right off the bat. I had the ps3 version and couldn't finish it due to graphical glitches where the textures would never finish loading and the frame rate would drop down the the single digits. Having a smooth gameplay experience helps to appreciate all the special things that go into borderlands like the weapon and character designs and the humor. I'm glad to see this series is still being developed, and continuing to evolve unlike the other yearly shooter games where the gameplay never changes. Definitely worth a shot. Expand
  77. Nov 17, 2013
    Such a fantastic game, because of: really fun and satisfying gun play, constant excitement for finding new and better loot and silly humour, which compliments the cell-shaded graphics style perfectly. This style of graphics looks surprisingly nice and texture quality is pretty good. However, another huge advantage that this game has over many in it's genre, is a fantastic PC port part, asSuch a fantastic game, because of: really fun and satisfying gun play, constant excitement for finding new and better loot and silly humour, which compliments the cell-shaded graphics style perfectly. This style of graphics looks surprisingly nice and texture quality is pretty good. However, another huge advantage that this game has over many in it's genre, is a fantastic PC port part, as the fps and general performance are constantly good, and for me at least, there are little to no game crashes or bugs. You do experience the occasional bug, but it is nothing immersion-breaking, or worrying. however, the UI is functional at best and was clearly designed with a console in mind, so it is sometimes a bit awkward to switch or compare weapons.

On to the few negatives this game has, one of which is not the game's fault. The jump-in co-op is a fantastic feature of this game, but I highly recommend only doing this with friends, as random matchmaking tends to put you with someone who is not necessarily inclined to share loot with you. While money and ammo is shared throughout your group, those really great guns that you can find only belong to the person that picks them up, so this can be a problem, albeit not the game's fault. Another bad thing about this game is only based from what I have heard. I have many friends who have played both the original Borderlands and it's sequel, and every single one has suggested that it is effectively the same game, with better variety of guns, better graphics, and more improved features. However, I can't comment on this, as I have never played the original myself.
    Overall, a thoroughly satisfying and fun experience, where you can lose a couple of hours without even knowing it. Thorough recommendationf or me, especially at the cheap price of £6.79 I got it in this year's Steam summer sale.
  78. Mar 26, 2014
    This game is really fun. Seriously, its not terrible unbalanced like the first game, where you will level up too fast and enemy's will likely present no threat at all.

You can unlock better weapons by loot, or by using rare keys, which will give you great and unique weapons or shields. You can also unlock achievements which instead of giving you XP like in the first game, will give you the chance to give your character a really tiny boost in health, shield, ammo, damage etc. (Forever)

It offers more variety of enemy's, and the game fells more "alive". The characters are interesting and the humor is good (Not like a "HAHAHAHAHAHA" type of humor but it will make you laugh sometimes.)

The storyline is better (Well, now there is ACTUALLY a story line)

Oh, I forgot, the ending doesn't suck like in the first one.
  79. Dec 27, 2013
    Great Game. In-jokes with cultural references a plenty as well as humorous writing draw you into the story and keep you wanting to play more. Comic book graphics are done well and gameplay makes sense. You can enjoy this game for its dialogue, its loot hunting/collecting (similar to Diablo 2) or its well-done dlc (even holidays get their own stories and in-game analogies). Co-op matchingGreat Game. In-jokes with cultural references a plenty as well as humorous writing draw you into the story and keep you wanting to play more. Comic book graphics are done well and gameplay makes sense. You can enjoy this game for its dialogue, its loot hunting/collecting (similar to Diablo 2) or its well-done dlc (even holidays get their own stories and in-game analogies). Co-op matching seems to be difficult to use and clunky (if you don't have friends to play with), but the single player game is so immersive you don't really care. Once you complete the story and discover the third party save-editor, the game goes downhill quickly, but I played for over 100 hours before I reached that point, and I still enjoy hearing the stories again. Expand
  80. Jan 3, 2015
    This game is amazing, one of my favourite out there. It has sharp writing, with one of the most loveable (and hateable villians out there, gorgeous art design, vast, expansive and varies enviroments along with the 6 classes to play as and harder modes to play through, this game has THOUSANDS of hours to be lost to it! It also has a brilliant loot system and some wonderfully creative guns.This game is amazing, one of my favourite out there. It has sharp writing, with one of the most loveable (and hateable villians out there, gorgeous art design, vast, expansive and varies enviroments along with the 6 classes to play as and harder modes to play through, this game has THOUSANDS of hours to be lost to it! It also has a brilliant loot system and some wonderfully creative guns. This game improved upon it's predeccesor extremely and had a story were you actually cared what was happening! A must play and in my opinion a classic! Expand
  81. Oct 6, 2014
    Borderlands 2. This game is a very unique case for me. I haven't even finished the game's story yet, and I'm already doing a review for it. Normally, I like to finish a game's story before I review it, but just this once,I decided not to because I felt like I had played enough of the game to review it. So, is this game a unique enough experience without a story, or does a game reallyBorderlands 2. This game is a very unique case for me. I haven't even finished the game's story yet, and I'm already doing a review for it. Normally, I like to finish a game's story before I review it, but just this once,I decided not to because I felt like I had played enough of the game to review it. So, is this game a unique enough experience without a story, or does a game really need a story to be amazing? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is utterly unique. It is a first-person shooter with RPG elements from the Diablo series. I was not a huge fan of Diablo (there, I said it, come at me Blizzard fanboys) when I played it, so I was not so sure what to expect when I decided to try this game. After trying it, I can safely say that my concerns were put to rest. I had a much more fun experience with this game then Diablo II ever gave me. It does have many elements of Diablo. There is tons of loot to pick up, multiple characters to play as, each with a different play-style, and your character can level up and unlock new abilities. However, this game has many more elements of a first-person shooter that make it a much more unique experience. Let me just start by saying unlike Diablo, you don't have to click everything on screen just to make your character do things. This was one of my biggest problems with Diablo. Because you could not use the mouse and keyboard, you had to click everywhere just to do things, which just made the game more confusing, and way too fast. However, Borderlands 2 plays just like your average first-person shooter. It's not overhead view like Diablo. I'm happy Gearbox Software went with this direction, because it gave me a more familiar gameplay mechanic than just clicking. This game is definitely more of a shooter than any other RPG I've played, as shown in the game's fast, furious, and fun combat. There are also several quests for you to do throughout the game, which is why I haven't completed the story yet. These quests are all very fun and unique. They all have you accomplishing objectives for certain characters. I think that my only problem with the gameplay would be that when you die, you just respawn at a checkpoint. While this is okay, one thing that annoys me is that any enemy you hit before you die will regenerate all of his health when you get back to the room you were killed. While this can be annoying, it is not annoying enough to make you stop playing the game. Overall, this game's gameplay is insanely fun, and anyone who plays this game will most likely have a fun time with it. As for the graphics, they are every bit as unique as the gameplay. The graphics of this game are cell-shaded, sort of like a comic book. The game looks far more unique than any other game I have played. However, the question is, do these graphics work? The answer is yes. This game has many cartoony elements in it, such as the humorous writing throughout the game's story and missions, and these graphics fit in with it perfectly. My only problem with these graphics is that there is a lot of texture pop-in. While this is not a huge issue, almost every other developer who has used the Unreal Engine has either found a way to get rid of this pop-in, or made it not get in the way. It gets in the way here, which can be annoying, but still doesn't distract from the whole experience. Overall, this game has great graphics regardless. As for the story, while I haven't played through the whole game yet, I can tell you what I have played. The story is that you are a Vault-Hunter, and you must stop a man named Handsome Jack from destroying the world of Pandora. Problem Number 1 is that they picked the most cliched story in the book, I know, but even so, they still manage to make it unique here. They made it unique through the aforementioned humorous writing in the game's story. This game has a really good sense of humor, and the writers like to show it anywhere they can. Expect lots of good jokes throughout this game. It also has a lot of memorable characters. Overall, this game's story is really cliched, but still great. Overall, this is a game that must be played. It successfully combines the first-person shooter and RPG genres. I can safely say that I like this game one heck of a lot more than the Diablo franchise (once again, come at me Blizzard fanboys). I recommend this game to anyone who loves a good shooter or RPG, or even a good video game in general.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 9/10
    Story: 8/10
    Overall: 9/10
  82. Feb 5, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is an all around fun game. The loot is infinite! Not really but you get the point. there is so much loot. over all the game has an amazing story line with 4 play through's. The mobs have amazing and very fun commentary. And it adds a hole new feel to the game with coop mode. you can trade loot and money with other people, not to mention the risks of dueling Items. over allBorderlands 2 is an all around fun game. The loot is infinite! Not really but you get the point. there is so much loot. over all the game has an amazing story line with 4 play through's. The mobs have amazing and very fun commentary. And it adds a hole new feel to the game with coop mode. you can trade loot and money with other people, not to mention the risks of dueling Items. over all this is a spectacular game and i cant wait for Borderlands 3. Expand
  83. Feb 20, 2014
    In borderlands 2 you are a vault hunter who nearly dies but you are saved by a Siren named angel who wants you to help her to destroy the vault key and free her. It`s a co-op game and heavily loot driven. I suggest you play with at least one player.
    The game is awesome because you can acquire a lot of different weapons. I thinks you should hack the game because it’s easier to get better weapons and fight better enemies.
    If you are going to play solo you definitely should hack because the game gets so difficult sometimes playing alone.
  84. Feb 24, 2014
    I got hooked from the very beginning, and just enjoyed it as a great fresh change from my other games. Good sense of humor, and cool boss fights made it even better.

The gameplay is a little linear, but in a smart way, so it does not bother that much. Respawning enemies made it a little worse, and annoying, but I guess it is just me, and no game would be perfect for everyone. Boss

Boss fights might be slightly stressful, and I personally was tired of it, but still after all it rewards with a good feeling of achievement. Besides after getting through the first map, more gun selection awaits, so next boss fights would be less stressful.

Perfectly balanced difficulty makes it a really exciting experience. The bad side of that would be no time to relax. Respawning enemies, boss fights, traps, and constant need to improve, and progress does not leave any room to take a breath, and enjoy the "safe room" time.

But still I have this feeling that I want to go back to it, so why not to leave 9/10? Also there is a multiplayer, for a plus.
  85. Feb 28, 2014
    With out a doubt, Borderlands 2 is one of my favourite games, with nearly 40 hours of game time I think I may have some credentials. I'll start of by rebutting the arguments of people giving this game a poor score.
    This game may get repetitive but that's the beauty of it, the second this game becomes slightly boring you can change your skill tree, change your character or simply change your gun type.
    People say is a spray type of game, well whats not fun about that?
    The graphics are nothing that's going to blow your mind but they do the trick and have never seemed dull or boring.
    The humour of the game still makes me laugh even in my third play through.
    However I never played the first instalment of Borderlands and they game may just be a slight improvement but hey, for me the game when i first launched it felt entirely new!
  86. Mar 19, 2014
    all my god this is great and you may be thinking this may be boring and plain well no there is hole new story then just opening a vault but i shall not spoil it for you and like first one there are four vault hunters that are zero maya aston and salvador that are smilier then the ones in the first ones and there are two dlc characters you can get and there are bazzilons bazzionsall my god this is great and you may be thinking this may be boring and plain well no there is hole new story then just opening a vault but i shall not spoil it for you and like first one there are four vault hunters that are zero maya aston and salvador that are smilier then the ones in the first ones and there are two dlc characters you can get and there are bazzilons bazzions 20000000000 more bizzilon guns to find and collect and like the first one the gun manufactures are malliwain torque dahl tediore and valdalf and also there are different elements that are corrosion fire electricity slag that does more damage if you don't now what that means and explosions and more variety of enemies that you will have to use different strategies to defeat like a older your going to use corrosion to do more damage to loaders and more i won't spoil to use and jack is one of the most funny villains i have ever seenveichal controls are amazing now and there where some funny npcs in the first game but this one has much more like the always extremely hot mad moxxi and always funny scooter his big big breasted sister ellie and the crazy tiny tina and the skill tress but there are 2 problems with it one there is annoying when we can't make a full customised vault hunter well sure there are lots of skins but still and i now not every game needs this but borderlands 2 needs it and second one there can be lag a lot well except for pc Expand
  87. Mar 31, 2014
    Buy this game if you have friends who will play it with you online.
    This is one of the best online gaming experiences out there.

For single player it gets old pretty quickly although you'll have plenty of hours to enjoy it as well.
  88. Nov 10, 2014
    Really nice game. It has a really long story and if its not enough for you there's a ton of DLC this is really one of the best game i played in the fps category.
  89. Oct 2, 2014
    GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNSMGUNS GUNSMGUNS **** GUNS TITGUNSMGUNS GUNS GUNS GIANT GUNS SMALL GUNS GUNS FOR EVERYONES
    GUNS TITGUNSMGUNS BOOBGUNS ASSGUNS
    Not in all caps now, MetaCritic
  90. Dec 20, 2014
    I first played this game in 2012 on my Xbox 360 and found it to be just okay and a bit of a let down but after one of my friends on the pc had bought it, I thought I would give it another go. I'M GLAD I DID. Borderlands 2 is a very funny game with A LOT of guns to use. Also is has one of the best villains in any game ever. The game is also very addictive to play, it makes you not want toI first played this game in 2012 on my Xbox 360 and found it to be just okay and a bit of a let down but after one of my friends on the pc had bought it, I thought I would give it another go. I'M GLAD I DID. Borderlands 2 is a very funny game with A LOT of guns to use. Also is has one of the best villains in any game ever. The game is also very addictive to play, it makes you not want to stop playing.

Verdict: Awesome game with a very addictive loot system and great characters.
  91. May 26, 2014
    The game is pretty good , really enjoyable , the only annoying thing is that there is a lot of DLC's like skins you have to buy , but most of the main dlc's are in the season pass which is saving some money
  92. Jun 24, 2014
    I have not played Borderlands 1, so this a discovery for me. Also, I haven't tried it solo and played with friends only, which I think is a better idea.

The story is good and very funny, and if you like the cartoon style, the world is pretty well done as well. It runs perfectly in coop mode, the AI is legit, and the "special attacks" of your character are necessary to clear out some hard bosses. You get several weapons to use, and lots of crap to collect on the floor all the time.

Conclusion : Hours of fun with friends, and loot everywhere !
  93. Feb 16, 2016
    Loved this game, despite it's flaws. I always found myself amazed discovering yet more new areas to explore. The variety of weapons and grenade mods were fun to experiment with. The characters and their bizarre ways were entertaining as hell.

Some repetition in missions and that damn respawning!
  94. Jul 19, 2014
    Great game, so much loot the story and characters are great especially clap trap XD, loved it don't know why people say its boring its great to play with friends
  95. Jul 29, 2015
    3 years after the game is released and I still think its fantastic. For whatever reason I actually did not care for it the first few hours I played when I bought the game at release and set the game aside for 3 years. Yesterday by chance one of the streamers I play with just happened to be giving the game a go for the first time. We formed a group of 4 and it was instant love. Ran to level3 years after the game is released and I still think its fantastic. For whatever reason I actually did not care for it the first few hours I played when I bought the game at release and set the game aside for 3 years. Yesterday by chance one of the streamers I play with just happened to be giving the game a go for the first time. We formed a group of 4 and it was instant love. Ran to level 24 in one night of play. We have been playing a ton since. The games missions don't feel near as repetitive to me as Destiny but at times are a slight bit tedious. The bosses make up for it though. All the boss encounters have been fun and manageable. Graphics maxed out look really good especially with the unique textures they use. There were a few surprising parts in the story as well. I did not expect to get attached to any characters in the game due to all the comedy, but you definitely do. Expand
  96. Nov 15, 2016
    I can't think of a bad thing to write about this game. The graphics are unique and highly stylised (making it run perfectly on most machines). The guns are great (soooo many guns) and the replayability is the best I've ever experienced. I rarely replay any game. OnceI got the story I find no fun in hearing it again, but this is different. You can either take your levelled character andI can't think of a bad thing to write about this game. The graphics are unique and highly stylised (making it run perfectly on most machines). The guns are great (soooo many guns) and the replayability is the best I've ever experienced. I rarely replay any game. OnceI got the story I find no fun in hearing it again, but this is different. You can either take your levelled character and play through the very tough VaultHunter Mode (the loot here is amazing) or pick one of the other classes. These are all so diverse it almost feels like a new game or an add-on.

The humour is very much on point with a wealth of laugh out loud moments and the Easter eggs are a ton o' fun too. I found myself running away from Minecraft style creepers at one point!

If you are an FPS/RPG fan who doesn't own this game then you are missing out on a piece of gaming history. It's THAT good.

My only teeny tiny gripe is that the character back stories are shallow. Like fishbowl shallow, but with all the guns, amazing dialogue, fantastic effects and stylish graphics I just didn't care.

Highly recommended!
  97. Sep 13, 2014
    +Gun porn
    +Lots of character diversity
    +Amazing art style
    +Actual story
    +Hilarious dialogue
    +Varied environments
    -Phenomenal coding (sarcasm, game is riddled with glitches)
    -Pretty much the same as Borderlands
  98. Oct 10, 2015
    After having this game for a few years it's about time I write a review.

Borderlands 2 is one of those games that seems to do everything right. Great story, amazing, diverse, interesting whacky characters and humour, so much to kill, quest and loot. Even the enemies are diverse and interesting. So many different kinds of enemies, from the large variety of bandits that say all manner
    After having this game for a few years it's about time I write a review.

Borderlands 2 is one of those games that seems to do everything right.

Even the enemies are diverse and interesting. So many different kinds of enemies, from the large variety of bandits that say all manner of things when fighting you and the strange alien animal enemies such as skags, bullymongs and many others.

No matter how many times I play this game I never get sick of it. Iam playing my third character and levelling her to max lvl and am still enjoying myself.

The game also has RPG elements such as you have various skill trees to put points in as well as can customise the look of your character by skins and heads, though most of the more interesting ones you have to pay for.

And you can try and do all the challenges if you do get bored which increases your badass rank, giving you tokens to put into increasing things like health, shield recharge rate etc. by a small .% of each token used, so it adds up and makes your character even stonger as you'll need it if you want to face terramorphous a very challenging lvl 52 super boss.

There is not really any major downsides I can think of with this game, had no bugs or problems, the controls are good.

The only negatives I can think of is that I tend to out level quests, I end up lvl 19 and have a lvl 15 quest. And if you want the best loot you have to do a lot of boss farming.

This game I'd class as almost perfect in my top 5 of all time favourite games. This is a must play game.
  99. Mar 18, 2015
    When most people compile a mental list of the best open-world first person shooters these days, a few games come to mind, and 'Borderlands 2' is usually one of them. You just can't help but love this game from the moment you set sights on it's beautiful cell-shaded art style, and hear it's over the top potty-mouthed humor. It's got vehicles, it's got massive guns and explosives with theWhen most people compile a mental list of the best open-world first person shooters these days, a few games come to mind, and 'Borderlands 2' is usually one of them. You just can't help but love this game from the moment you set sights on it's beautiful cell-shaded art style, and hear it's over the top potty-mouthed humor. It's got vehicles, it's got massive guns and explosives with the ability to upgrade them at will, there's tons of mini-bosses, tons of boss bosses, enemies and villains alike, it's got an atmosphere that feels completely immersive despite it's cartoonish overtone; it's got everything you would come to expect from a polished AAA title, and it does it all extremely well.

Aside from the basics mentioned above, I think this game's biggest selling points these days is the fact that it's often on sale for as little as five measly dollars, still has a strong multiplayer community, has an extremely long single player campaign, and is as polished as titles get. I could go on and on about the characters, the storyline, the XP system, or the lay of the land, but what's the point? It's all good. You know this already. That's why you're here, and if it's on sale for five bucks then you should pick it up and play it like you stole it, because in many ways you did. This game is the epitome of why we buy our games on Steam; three tacos would cost you more!
  100. Jun 5, 2015
    as a child my father lets not play this game for him and violent, I wanted then played. Amazing Gameplay and then the game, Character, Control, Grafico what and hate in the game and the Idiot Claptrap

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    It’s addicting, full of creative gags and amazing battles (especially in co-op mode) and it keeps dangling that loot-carrot in front of your face. Add that crazy humor on top and you have a synonymous for the world ‘entertainment’. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    If you're looking for something with a ponderous story full of morality and contemplation – one best savored alone – then you'll need to look elsewhere. Borderlands 2 delivers tons of lighthearted, occasionally juvenile fun with immense replayability, and is best approached with a few buddies in tow. It doesn't revolutionize the concept pioneered by its forebear, but it refines it to a razor-sharp edge and offers some of the most fun you can have in a cooperative action RPG this side of Diablo II. And if nothing else, it's got lots of Claptrap.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    The moment at which my endearingly annoying robot companion Claptrap fashioned himself a Mohawk out of some animal fur I collected he earned a spot on my all-time favorite robot list.