8.2

1. Oct 1, 2012
    Borderlands 1 was pitch perfect; this one goes even further! Excellent graphics, excellently designed guns and terrain. Great gameplay mixed with lots of explosions is a must these days and this game does just that. It combines everything that a FPS player wants and turns it into a masterpiece. Great game, deffinetely better than it's predecessor.
  2. Sep 21, 2012
    Great game, good graphics, exciting gameplay, brilliant loot, only problem so far is very very minor glitching , but all in all I am pleased I got it
  3. Sep 19, 2012
    Damn near perfect, even for a console port. It is early on launch day yet it feels crisp and clean. Controlling your character is far easier this time around as the control are much better developed for the PC. The humor is dark, although the story is a little more serious this time around. About an hour in to the game you really want to kill Handsome Jack, and if you still think he is aDamn near perfect, even for a console port. It is early on launch day yet it feels crisp and clean. Controlling your character is far easier this time around as the control are much better developed for the PC. The humor is dark, although the story is a little more serious this time around. About an hour in to the game you really want to kill Handsome Jack, and if you still think he is a cool dude by then you're pretty **** up. If you liked Borderlands you will find that this is a true sequel that lives up to the hype.

They did a great job of melding the story of Borderlands with Borderlands 2. I know, I know they are sequels but GearBox didn't really set the first game up for having a sequel. I guess since the story in the original was kinda of lacking it makes sense that it was easy to mold the two together.

Overall Borderlands 2 is a great improvement on the original connecting with friends is far easier now that Steam has been fully integrated, even though it is still a little buggy when connecting initially. Maybe the best improvement they have made is the size of the game. The world feels large and looks large, not the mention it is beautiful. I can run this game on almost the highest setting on my laptop. (Note: I do have a ASUS RoG laptop designed for games but it is kind of dated) If you have a computer that can handle CoD you will be fine.
  4. Sep 18, 2012
    This game is exactly what the video game industry needed. I'm only a level 15 and yet i've been playing for hours - new game + just sweetens the deal. It's honestly going to be game of the year without a doubt.
  5. Sep 18, 2012
    Beautiful graphics and animation, excellent cinematography, voice acting, dark sense of humor and overall theme.

Lots of quests / missions that are made even more seamless than the first. You might still feel it's a bit grindy, but if you don't like staples of RPGs (leveling, looting, questing) you shouldn't play RPGs. The game certainly delivers as a FPS, perfect weapon / aim

The game certainly delivers as a FPS, perfect weapon / aim control, combat feels very fluid.
  6. Sep 27, 2012
    This game is great, and so much better if you play with friends. Three of us have started from right at the beginning together and it has been just an awesome trip. If you have somehow found yourself bored with this game, you need to get some friends and play together.

You can tell they took some time with the PC version as it works like a dream. Loads fast, plays smooth and feels right. I recommend anyone get this. Complaints: Server Side Loot in Co-Op: I recommend not playing with randoms. With everyone seeing the same loot it simply becomes a race to who can get the best loot. Playing with friends helps minimize this, but it can still be an issue making sure everyone is getting good stuff. Hopefully in a future Borderlands they will move to client side loot. Money System: By rank 18 I had purchased all the Eridium upgrades off the black Market. Now I have a ton of Eridium and nothing to spend it on. The only real use for money is to farm in the slot machines. I hope in some DLC they add some creative uses for money (maybe build your own gun shops or gun modification kiosks or something...)
  7. Sep 18, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is like the original on steroids. Everything is just plain better - voice acting, story, UI, graphics...it's all just better. With the same awesome FPS experience the first one brought to the table. And GUNS. SO MANY GUNS. The game has way better options for PC gamers (FOV option is built right in), and the menu's are not all consolified like the first version, a niceBorderlands 2 is like the original on steroids. Everything is just plain better - voice acting, story, UI, graphics...it's all just better. With the same awesome FPS experience the first one brought to the table. And GUNS. SO MANY GUNS. The game has way better options for PC gamers (FOV option is built right in), and the menu's are not all consolified like the first version, a nice gesture from the slap-in-the-face PC gamers get normally with console ports.

The world also feels bigger, but filled with more characters, rather then just endless desert like the original. While its no Skyrim in terms of world openness, it's at least headed in the right direction.

One small disappointment is the check point system remains the same. You have to find a check point in order to save your progress. Check points are so 90's. Adults have lives, and they don't always have 15 minutes to find the next pole. In the scheme of things...it's a minor complaint.

Bottom line - more baddies for you to shoot, blow-up and electrocute. Better voice acting, more story, better story, and all the FPS action of the original - it's pretty much FPS of the year.
  8. Aug 21, 2013
    The best game i ever missed.
    I saw it on steam, was bored after a week full of customer meetings and gave it a try.
    The best game i ever missed.
    As RPG and Shooter fan, also as old Shadowrun lover i was totally sucked in by the great atmospehere in the game. The flow, they style, the music and the game pacing and mechanics. All works together in a great symbiosis. Would have been my top choice as game of the year for 2012 if i wouldnt have missed it.
    Now after so many game-letdowns i finally found a great game where i didnt expected it.
    BUY BUY BUY. have fun. germany out.
  9. Sep 2, 2014
    I absolutely love this game. So many hours of gameplay and so much to do with fun characters. It was quite easy to learn the basics of the game even though I had not played BL1. Favorite character: Gunzerker.
  10. Sep 19, 2012
    The game is like a polished version of 1. If you loved 1 you will probably love this one. It takes the concepts from the 1st game and expands them. I am playing with 3 friends and I feel like many hours of our collective lives will be buried in this title. During the 1st Hour I laughed, got knocked down, got numerous satisfying headshots and squealed like a kid at Christmas.
  11. Jun 11, 2013
    This game is near flawless. With exciting AND addictive game-play that stays fresh even past the 2nd play-through I am never board with this game. Especially considering how easy it really is to play with friends. I do wish it was more possible for people of different level ranges to play together but we cant have it all.
    In stark contrast to the first Borderlands, the story is
    In stark contrast to the first Borderlands, the story is actually compelling and the superb voice acting makes it hard not to be drawn in. The humor plays a big part as well and never feels out of place in the abstract Borderlands universe.
    The graphics look great on both high AND mid range systems, offering highly stylized graphics that still have a touch of realism.
    In closing I must commend Gearbox Software for their love-letter to the PC community. Literally every gripe I had with the shoddy console-port that was BL1 is gone. This game truly deserved Game of the Year.
  12. Jan 14, 2013
    This game really surprised me.Never played first borderlands since graphic was unappealing to me. Most likely would never picked up second one if it wasn't gifted to me. I must say that i had real blast while playing it. Not even sure when my steam counter jumped to over 50 hours in less then 2 weeks ;). I really love it, Pandora is amazing place to explore. everywhere you go there'sThis game really surprised me.Never played first borderlands since graphic was unappealing to me. Most likely would never picked up second one if it wasn't gifted to me. I must say that i had real blast while playing it. Not even sure when my steam counter jumped to over 50 hours in less then 2 weeks ;). I really love it, Pandora is amazing place to explore. everywhere you go there's something completely new to discover. Scenery really changes between zones, they put lots of work into them. I only wish zones would level with me, some quests were simply too easy as i came back to them after a while. other then that, perfect game Expand
  13. Jul 27, 2013
    As someone who played the first one for nearly 100 hours. I can proudly say I have thoroughly enjoyed the second one racking up over a 100 so far and still playing.

This game improves the weaknesses of the first game and reinforces its strengths. Its graphics and physics are improved, but they still maintain the cartoon-y/ comic book-y style. There is a lot more variation in the amount of guns you can come across and a lot of interesting styles of guns. The story is more in depth, although not amazing, but most people don't play Borderlands for the story, they play it for the amazingly addictive game play, which they improved even more. What I really like in Borderlands 2 is there is a bigger variety of characters you can play as, some who are slow paced ranges units, and then the faced paced, up close, Have loads of fun while you get your ass kicked, but at the same time kick ass" style characters.

Overall: If you enjoy blind violence, astronomically huge environments, psychotic characters, and dark humor, this is the game for you.
  14. Jan 24, 2013
    Hilarious writing, great characters, beautiful levels, and sooo many guns! My biggest complaints about Borderlands 1 were the interface issues on PC, and nearly all of those are solved in BL2. The only minor issue I have with BL2 is the inventory management. Bulky, and clunky navigation, but that is only a very minor side note on an otherwise fantastic game! The coop play really makesHilarious writing, great characters, beautiful levels, and sooo many guns! My biggest complaints about Borderlands 1 were the interface issues on PC, and nearly all of those are solved in BL2. The only minor issue I have with BL2 is the inventory management. Bulky, and clunky navigation, but that is only a very minor side note on an otherwise fantastic game! The coop play really makes this game shine! Single player is fun, but playing with friends is what this game was meant for. Expand
  15. Oct 3, 2012
    I have been playing this game for 50+ hours and I love it. It seems like it doesn't have an end, when you add in the multitude of side missions. In my view, there are three big improvements over Borderlands 1: (1) wider variety of enemies. B1 got kind of boring with the abundance of Skags. (2) cooler vehicles with stronger weapons, especially the catapult (3) somewhat more coherentI have been playing this game for 50+ hours and I love it. It seems like it doesn't have an end, when you add in the multitude of side missions. In my view, there are three big improvements over Borderlands 1: (1) wider variety of enemies. B1 got kind of boring with the abundance of Skags. (2) cooler vehicles with stronger weapons, especially the catapult (3) somewhat more coherent main mission. Also, the graphics are a vast improvement, except that I had some initial difficulty identifying enemies due to the shadowing. The game itself runs smoothly even though my graphics are below the minimum required. The only improvement I would have liked to have seen is stronger weapons. It may just be me, but it seemed like it always took a minimum of three hits to kill even the most inocuous enemy. Expand
  16. Sep 27, 2012
    Borderlands 1 was a really well done game it had a ton of fresh new concepts that actually worked out really well. From the guns, the gun combat the character progression the wide open areas and the replay-ability. Not to mention the co-op play although I have always been more of a solo artist sense I have no reliable friends to play with that wouldn't ninja everything purple and up.Borderlands 1 was a really well done game it had a ton of fresh new concepts that actually worked out really well. From the guns, the gun combat the character progression the wide open areas and the replay-ability. Not to mention the co-op play although I have always been more of a solo artist sense I have no reliable friends to play with that wouldn't ninja everything purple and up. However it had many flaws much of the original content as far as landscape went was very monotone and felt uninteresting especially after multiple play through I found myself hating some areas very quickly but craving others. In Borderlands 2 this all changes every area is new and interesting and feels like they all have more of a story to tell and more of a history behind them like how they got to that point which in a way makes me thankful some of the original BL1 was someone bleak and basic because that simply was the history of Pandora. On top of that the story line is actually very interesting and has consistent humor all the way through. The guns have also been improved in the aspect that there are now significantly more unique possibilities Another big on is the side quests which in borderlands 1 were simply a means to level and get some more loot but now they are actually quite interesting and all tell stories of their own that help to build up the characters in the game.
    In short I am extremely impressed and have not enjoyed a game this much in a very long time.
  17. Oct 4, 2012
    Yes, I know a 10 sounds impossible - a perfect score you might ask? I'd probably give this game a 9.5 if I could, 9 seems too low. Just fantastic. Did you like Borderlands 1, if yes then you should love Borderlands 2, it has more of everything you liked - the world seems even bigger and the new enemies are great fun. Love this game and have really been enjoying it.
  18. Jan 12, 2013
    Absolutely love this game its a FPS dungeon crawler!!! Collect guns lvl up toons play with friends!! Dont liten to the idiots saying no replay value cause thats a joke. An the season pass an all the DLC has been a blast as well! I like the improvements they made upon the game compared to BL1 as well. The graphics are smoother an the mechanics do not feel clunky at all. A must buy game IMOAbsolutely love this game its a FPS dungeon crawler!!! Collect guns lvl up toons play with friends!! Dont liten to the idiots saying no replay value cause thats a joke. An the season pass an all the DLC has been a blast as well! I like the improvements they made upon the game compared to BL1 as well. The graphics are smoother an the mechanics do not feel clunky at all. A must buy game IMO 10/10 Great job gearworks @ look forward to ALiens marines! Expand
  19. Sep 30, 2012
    There's a lot more bad guys to kill this time around. It's hard, and it's frustrating, but it really keeps the pace up, and keeps things from becoming dull. The weapons are awesome, gambling is fun, Moxxi's **** are huge, and the bosses are badass. Also, it's funny as hell.

If you're looking for a game as holy as Jesus himself, then you're gonna have to wait, but if you're looking for a **** fun game, then you'll like Borderlands 2. If you don't like a challenge, though, you won't like this game.
  20. May 1, 2013
    I did not play the original. I glanced at the game and didn't think this was my cup of tea either. Boy, was I wrong. This game is a pure blast, especially to play with friends. The devs have put out a bunch of after market DLC to keep content fresh. If you like laughing, and you like can appreciate how hard it is to actually include humor in something that is already fun, then you too willI did not play the original. I glanced at the game and didn't think this was my cup of tea either. Boy, was I wrong. This game is a pure blast, especially to play with friends. The devs have put out a bunch of after market DLC to keep content fresh. If you like laughing, and you like can appreciate how hard it is to actually include humor in something that is already fun, then you too will like this game.

I strongly recommend this game
  21. Oct 17, 2013
    Bigger and better than the original game in every possible imaginable way. Not only that but this game has some of the best dialogue and greatest characters ever to appear in a game. Pretty much a must have experience. Now.. I'm off to save up for a pony made of diamonds.
  22. Sep 24, 2012
    Game is awesome, and much better than I initially expected.. This is a superb port, and has proper PC options. Gameplay/levels themselves are varied and highly fun. Playing in coop with friends or even strangers is incredibly fun. Overall, this is a great game and a GOTY contender.
  23. Oct 2, 2012
    Game is incredible. Levls 1-16 it feels a bit easy but around 17 and up it feels like the training wheels come off and it gets challenging. Love this game!
  24. Sep 18, 2012
    I pre-ordered the game on Steam. It became available right at midnight with no issues.. Played for about 3 1/2 hours. The graphics are much better on PC than the console versions, theres even some Nvidia specific stuff you can turn on. If you liked Borderlands, you'll love Borderlands 2.
  25. Oct 7, 2012
    This is the first game since Skyrim that i've wanted to continuously play without a rest. Usually I get bored and switch between games... rarely finishing 10% of them. Borderlands 2 is very polished. The voice acting and humor is outstanding!
  26. Sep 19, 2012
    im a fan of the first borderlands and im VERY satisfied with this new borderlands, they really made a great job and im just waiting to get that new awesome weapon to fight and kill monsters with my friends, thanks for create this masterpiece
  27. Nov 8, 2012
    I don't know if this game surpasses the first one or if it is the same game with new characters. What I know is that Borderlands 2 is awesome, with lots of secret content, funny dialogues and awesome characters. The characters from the first game appear here, probably more bad-asses than ever.
    Playing a shooter game where there are ways to play it with only melee attacks is awesome.
    AND
    AND it's a hardcore game that never gets boring. At least for me =D
  28. Mar 6, 2013
    I don't like to give out 10/10, but this game truly had it all. Graphics, while cartoony, were great and stayed with the theme throughout. Gameplay was phenomenal. Tonnes of loot, comedy, story, missions, huge map, fun vehicles, great guns. Multiplayer was well done and is lots of fun when I choose to play it. I have no complaints about this game. Did not purchase DLC as I felt I hadI don't like to give out 10/10, but this game truly had it all. Graphics, while cartoony, were great and stayed with the theme throughout. Gameplay was phenomenal. Tonnes of loot, comedy, story, missions, huge map, fun vehicles, great guns. Multiplayer was well done and is lots of fun when I choose to play it. I have no complaints about this game. Did not purchase DLC as I felt I had done so much already in the original game. Also never played the original, so I had no comparison to the previous one. Expand
  29. Sep 20, 2012
    Okay, so why did I give it a 10? Because in my opinion it's everything I loved from the first one with everything a sequel should have. Brand new everything, weapon types, new element type, too many enemy types to think of, brand new locales... Everything. I can't stress how much this game was worth the money I paid for it enough. This isn't some crappy rehash of the first game. It's aOkay, so why did I give it a 10? Because in my opinion it's everything I loved from the first one with everything a sequel should have. Brand new everything, weapon types, new element type, too many enemy types to think of, brand new locales... Everything. I can't stress how much this game was worth the money I paid for it enough. This isn't some crappy rehash of the first game. It's a sequel and it's a damn good one. I can't believe I'm even taking time to write this, but I'm tired and I just went through one of the most gripping scenes in a video game that I can remember. To prove that I am a freaking gamer who loves this game my steam id is CJx101. Please add me if you think I'm from gearbox or some crap. Anyways, when something garners this much attention it's bound to draw the haters, the people who complain over really stupid **** or the people who didn't like the first one and say the same crap about this one. The graphics are slightly better, not a selling point nor should it be a buying point. The gameplay is where the game shines, everything has been improved, the loot system, god boring technical details, so eff that. The game is awesome, if you liked the first one you will love this one. It's not a **** expansion and you shouldn't feel freaking ripped off when everything in the goddamn game is different than the first one, that doesn't even make sense. If you've played the first and then this one, there are so few similarities in locales, enemies, and the variety of guns that you can't even claim that as an argument. and the story is just awesome, no spoilers, but it's waaaayyyy better than the first one, and is actually probably my biggest reason for loving this game so much. I cannot wait (very close) to the minute I blow Handsome Jack's **** head off. That's all I wanted to say, now back to Borderlands 2 and ignore the negative responses, people can find anything to **** about. Expand
  30. Sep 21, 2012
    I don't know how people can hate this game... it so much fun... maybe you should try playing with a friend or 2....

Anyway... my first impression of the game was that it is very similar to the first one... but with much more improvements... more guns, better abilities... new characters, MINIMAP FFS!, better inventory, better quests... stronger and smarter enemies, better graphics without making the game much heavier then it was....
    Sounds are great as always and in conclusion the game is worth buying, worth playing and hell with all the haters... fix your pc's...

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    It’s addicting, full of creative gags and amazing battles (especially in co-op mode) and it keeps dangling that loot-carrot in front of your face. Add that crazy humor on top and you have a synonymous for the world ‘entertainment’. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    If you're looking for something with a ponderous story full of morality and contemplation – one best savored alone – then you'll need to look elsewhere. Borderlands 2 delivers tons of lighthearted, occasionally juvenile fun with immense replayability, and is best approached with a few buddies in tow. It doesn't revolutionize the concept pioneered by its forebear, but it refines it to a razor-sharp edge and offers some of the most fun you can have in a cooperative action RPG this side of Diablo II. And if nothing else, it's got lots of Claptrap.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    The moment at which my endearingly annoying robot companion Claptrap fashioned himself a Mohawk out of some animal fur I collected he earned a spot on my all-time favorite robot list.