7.2

1. Sep 1, 2012
    Decent DLC. It has the most content of the 4 by far but also suffers from the most bugs and glitches. FPS will drop dramatically throughout about 50% of the levels which completely kills gameplay. The new weapons,areas, missions, and storyline are all great though. It would be the best DLC if only it were able to be played with a stable FPS.
  2. Jun 22, 2016
    Secret Armory is the definitve addon for the original Borderlands. Unlike Zombie Island or Moxxi's Underdome, it is an extension of the main game that not only added two new vehicles and a load of new guns and enemies, it also added an additional 11 character levels and skill points, making it a better deal overall then any one campaign addon or ulitmate upgrade pack for the sequel. It wasSecret Armory is the definitve addon for the original Borderlands. Unlike Zombie Island or Moxxi's Underdome, it is an extension of the main game that not only added two new vehicles and a load of new guns and enemies, it also added an additional 11 character levels and skill points, making it a better deal overall then any one campaign addon or ulitmate upgrade pack for the sequel. It was succeded by the largely inferior Robot Revolution, which while fun to play added nothing new to the table that the first three addons did. Most notably, Secret Armory introduces some actual narrative to Borderlands, which famously lacked much in plot or any character interaction whatsoever, due to some problems behind the scenes. It also introduced us to Athena, who while absent in the sequel would be upgraded to playable in the Pre-Sequel. If you only buy one addon for Borderlands 1, make it this one. Expand
  3. Oct 6, 2012
    Knoxx delivers a whole lot of new content full of the quintessential Borderlands humor and charm. The level cap increase, myriad of quests, uber-rare weapons, and secret final boss all add up to a great experience. The total lack of fast travel functionality results in much tedious walking and driving back and forth between Knoxx's physically massive areas. This definitely is irksome,Knoxx delivers a whole lot of new content full of the quintessential Borderlands humor and charm. The level cap increase, myriad of quests, uber-rare weapons, and secret final boss all add up to a great experience. The total lack of fast travel functionality results in much tedious walking and driving back and forth between Knoxx's physically massive areas. This definitely is irksome, making the content take a lot longer than it should. The content itself is fantastic, easily a 9. The tedium of driving through the Crimson Tollway for the 20th time drags the DLC down to an 8 out of 10. Expand
  4. May 26, 2011
    This is everything the rest of Borderlands' DLC should have been: more enemies, more levels, more environments and vehicles, and a real appreciation for spectacle. Knoxx is just about everything great in Borderlands condensed into one DLC, and unlike Moxxie's Underdome and Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, actually delivers enough content to justify the price.
  5. Mar 13, 2011
    The best of the add-ons to Borderlands IMHO. The same dark comic like graphics and outstanding humour are back with a good solid main story line. Knoxx seemed to take it up a notch and I found the missions more difficult than the previous ones with the "secret end-boss" requiring hours of attempts to conquer without resorting to glitches. The time-limited shopping spree like scenario atThe best of the add-ons to Borderlands IMHO. The same dark comic like graphics and outstanding humour are back with a good solid main story line. Knoxx seemed to take it up a notch and I found the missions more difficult than the previous ones with the "secret end-boss" requiring hours of attempts to conquer without resorting to glitches. The time-limited shopping spree like scenario at the end made my greedy side salivate with the thought of all the uber weapons I would be toting. My only complaint with this add-on is the absents of the instant travel stations making travel to zones long and repetitive even with the aid of vehicles. Expand
  6. Dec 2, 2012
    Pretty good expansion. We're given some new vehicles, enemies and the super rare pearlescent weapons. All of which are good. Even though I liked the expansion, I didn't think it was as good as the hype I've been hearing and reading. I don't think this DLC is top-notch excellence, but still enjoyable enough to keep playing until the end. If you're a loyal Borderlands fan, passing up thisPretty good expansion. We're given some new vehicles, enemies and the super rare pearlescent weapons. All of which are good. Even though I liked the expansion, I didn't think it was as good as the hype I've been hearing and reading. I don't think this DLC is top-notch excellence, but still enjoyable enough to keep playing until the end. If you're a loyal Borderlands fan, passing up this DLC would be a huge mistake. Expand
  7. May 10, 2012
    Great DLC, with more fantastic writing. A huge improvement over the previous 2 DLC's, this is a worthy addition to the Borderlands name. The lack of Fast Travel is my primary complaint.
  8. May 29, 2013
    The Armory of General Knoxx is the third and panultimate DLC in the first Borderlands collection, not only being the satisfying and most sustenant of the DLC's so far but also being the most worthwhile, with an additional 11-level cap, loot area (that can be glitched to do over and over again), many new vehicles and more unique enemies. I firmly believe that this DLC alone allowed GearboxThe Armory of General Knoxx is the third and panultimate DLC in the first Borderlands collection, not only being the satisfying and most sustenant of the DLC's so far but also being the most worthwhile, with an additional 11-level cap, loot area (that can be glitched to do over and over again), many new vehicles and more unique enemies. I firmly believe that this DLC alone allowed Gearbox to capture what they could in the forthcoming Borderlands 2, as you can see with the much more fleshed out Lance Cavalry. Although there is the unfortunate exclusion of multiple fast travel networks in the DLC (which only having one), and the story not mainly focusing on a Vault-specific but loot-oriented ending, this still can plenty enough of your time and focus to forgive these. General Knoxx himself is quite humorous at times, being a more sympathetic villain towards you despite his permission for you to kill himself so he can get off this planet. With the new pearlescent weapons and perhaps the biggest loot area of any Borderlands DLC (1 or 2), you will constantly want to keep coming back to this DLC, and replayability is a big deal in my eyes towards DLC content. IF you want to keep playing back to this DLC, no matter how many of the main quests you completed or how high of a level you are, no matter it's faults it is damn well worth the try. Expand
  9. Mar 2, 2014
    In my opinion the second best of the DLC for Borderlands 1. (I liked Claptrap's Revolution best). True to the core game experience, but with a few flaws.

The most frustrating flaw for me was the lack of teleporting waypoints. The starting point/home base of this DLC is basically in the center of one long highway. You can go north or south for a long way to access missions, and the journey can become tedious. This is particularly true at maximum level when your vehicle is easily destroyed by the numerous other vehicles on the highway. (At high levels your power is substantial, but so is that of enemies, and vehicles don't seem to scale appropriately).

The story overall is fairly good, and the quests are satisfying. The battle against the main enemy can be highly frustrating because of medics healing the boss. Overall, I'm pleased that I bought this, but it is not quite as good as the base game, and after a few playthroughs of it, I'm less than excited to do it again, even when I'm happy to do the core game and claptrap again.

Solid, but not great.

This is by far the best of the three add-ons for the core game, and the most fun I had since I completed the main game last year.
  2. If you've been looking for a good reason to re-enter Pandora and start looting and shooting again, spending ten bucks on The Secret Armory of General Knoxx is about as good a reason as you're likely to find.
  3. The Secret Armory of General Knoxx does a great job of both extending the Borderlands gameplay and bringing new elements like creatures, weapons and the new level cap.