7.2

1. Sep 1, 2012
    Decent DLC. It has the most content of the 4 by far but also suffers from the most bugs and glitches. FPS will drop dramatically throughout about 50% of the levels which completely kills gameplay. The new weapons,areas, missions, and storyline are all great though. It would be the best DLC if only it were able to be played with a stable FPS.
  2. Dec 2, 2012
    Pretty good expansion. We're given some new vehicles, enemies and the super rare pearlescent weapons. All of which are good. Even though I liked the expansion, I didn't think it was as good as the hype I've been hearing and reading. I don't think this DLC is top-notch excellence, but still enjoyable enough to keep playing until the end. If you're a loyal Borderlands fan, passing up thisPretty good expansion. We're given some new vehicles, enemies and the super rare pearlescent weapons. All of which are good. Even though I liked the expansion, I didn't think it was as good as the hype I've been hearing and reading. I don't think this DLC is top-notch excellence, but still enjoyable enough to keep playing until the end. If you're a loyal Borderlands fan, passing up this DLC would be a huge mistake. Expand
  3. Mar 2, 2014
    In my opinion the second best of the DLC for Borderlands 1. (I liked Claptrap's Revolution best). True to the core game experience, but with a few flaws.

The most frustrating flaw for me was the lack of teleporting waypoints. The starting point/home base of this DLC is basically in the center of one long highway. You can go north or south for a long way to access missions, and the journey can become tedious. This is particularly true at maximum level when your vehicle is easily destroyed by the numerous other vehicles on the highway. (At high levels your power is substantial, but so is that of enemies, and vehicles don't seem to scale appropriately).

The story overall is fairly good, and the quests are satisfying. The battle against the main enemy can be highly frustrating because of medics healing the boss. Overall, I'm pleased that I bought this, but it is not quite as good as the base game, and after a few playthroughs of it, I'm less than excited to do it again, even when I'm happy to do the core game and claptrap again.

Solid, but not great.

This is by far the best of the three add-ons for the core game, and the most fun I had since I completed the main game last year.
  2. If you've been looking for a good reason to re-enter Pandora and start looting and shooting again, spending ten bucks on The Secret Armory of General Knoxx is about as good a reason as you're likely to find.
  3. The Secret Armory of General Knoxx does a great job of both extending the Borderlands gameplay and bringing new elements like creatures, weapons and the new level cap.