7.5

1. May 26, 2011
    This is everything the rest of Borderlands' DLC should have been: more enemies, more levels, more environments and vehicles, and a real appreciation for spectacle. Knoxx is just about everything great in Borderlands condensed into one DLC, and unlike Moxxie's Underdome and Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, actually delivers enough content to justify the price.
  2. Mar 13, 2011
    The best of the add-ons to Borderlands IMHO. The same dark comic like graphics and outstanding humour are back with a good solid main story line. Knoxx seemed to take it up a notch and I found the missions more difficult than the previous ones with the "secret end-boss" requiring hours of attempts to conquer without resorting to glitches. The time-limited shopping spree like scenario at the end made my greedy side salivate with the thought of all the uber weapons I would be toting. My only complaint with this add-on is the absents of the instant travel stations making travel to zones long and repetitive even with the aid of vehicles. Expand
  3. May 29, 2013
    The Armory of General Knoxx is the third and panultimate DLC in the first Borderlands collection, not only being the satisfying and most sustenant of the DLC's so far but also being the most worthwhile, with an additional 11-level cap, loot area (that can be glitched to do over and over again), many new vehicles and more unique enemies. I firmly believe that this DLC alone allowed Gearbox to capture what they could in the forthcoming Borderlands 2, as you can see with the much more fleshed out Lance Cavalry. Although there is the unfortunate exclusion of multiple fast travel networks in the DLC (which only having one), and the story not mainly focusing on a Vault-specific but loot-oriented ending, this still can plenty enough of your time and focus to forgive these. General Knoxx himself is quite humorous at times, being a more sympathetic villain towards you despite his permission for you to kill himself so he can get off this planet. With the new pearlescent weapons and perhaps the biggest loot area of any Borderlands DLC (1 or 2), you will constantly want to keep coming back to this DLC, and replayability is a big deal in my eyes towards DLC content. IF you want to keep playing back to this DLC, no matter how many of the main quests you completed or how high of a level you are, no matter it's faults it is damn well worth the try. Expand

This is by far the best of the three add-ons for the core game, and the most fun I had since I completed the main game last year.
  2. If you've been looking for a good reason to re-enter Pandora and start looting and shooting again, spending ten bucks on The Secret Armory of General Knoxx is about as good a reason as you're likely to find.
  3. The Secret Armory of General Knoxx does a great job of both extending the Borderlands gameplay and bringing new elements like creatures, weapons and the new level cap.