7.5

1. RobS.
    Dec 12, 2009
    I'm pretty disappointed with the new DLC, I finished it with Corey last night even though we only played for an hour as he was quite a ways into it. The zombies were less than exciting, the scenery was well done but the whole of it is just murky and dark and pretty boring. The damage that the zombies inflicted was minimal at best with a level 50 character. Head shots caused critical I'm pretty disappointed with the new DLC, I finished it with Corey last night even though we only played for an hour as he was quite a ways into it. The zombies were less than exciting, the scenery was well done but the whole of it is just murky and dark and pretty boring. The damage that the zombies inflicted was minimal at best with a level 50 character. Head shots caused critical damage and death to the point of very possible one shotting the zombies with an effective weapon. The bosses that ended each sequence were light hearted at best, at the end of the DLC it just ends. The gun boxes are far and few between and obviously placed and didn't include anything special. I think I was knocked down twice the entire time we played and never really felt "in trouble" while battling any of the zombies. It was more of a run through and shoot type setting where you didn't even feel like the zombies were dangerous, nor could they remotely damage you, to the point of no return. I'm absolutely pissed that I had to pay money for this poorly put together add-on. This should have been a free release. Expand
  2. jasonf
    Dec 13, 2009
    This DLC is far too short and unchallenging. The sales pitch advertises "dozens of new missions" but there are only about eight that are discrete missions. The boss fights are woefully easy and enemies too slow to matter. No new weapons or features make this whole DLC a thorough waste of money for $10. Should've been free.

1. At $10 or whatever that translates to in Microsoft fun money, you're looking at at least another eight hours of gameplay (maybe more if you don't work on the brain-hunting missions while doing all the other ones). At that price, Zombie Island just may be the perfect place for your next vacation, and for your next level up too.
    In releasing this DLC, Gearbox and 2K have done what seems to be so difficult for other studios: drop a well designed, value laden expansion pack in a timely manner.
    Considering the strength of the gameplay formula and the fact that it's still fairly soon after the main game's release, what's presented here -- more things to kill and more reasons to laugh while doing so -- is welcome.