7.5

1. JasonB
    Dec 10, 2009
    For only $10 this is one of the best DLC I have ever purchased. I was hesitant at first as well hey it's $10 and usually DLC is not that interesting or worth the money. This time around however I was amazed at how well Gearbox executed this, and tied it into the storyline of borderlands (what a neat intro!). Game play it self is exactly like the main game, however this quest is For only $10 this is one of the best DLC I have ever purchased. I was hesitant at first as well hey it's $10 and usually DLC is not that interesting or worth the money. This time around however I was amazed at how well Gearbox executed this, and tied it into the storyline of borderlands (what a neat intro!). Game play it self is exactly like the main game, however this quest is definately designed for team play as zombies sneak up on you! I think the only other key concept to remember here is that this is DLC for higher level characters, if you are level 35 or below, forget about it! Great addition to the game for only $10. Good job Gearbox and if the next DLC is as good as this one we will be hooked on Borderlands for quite some time! Expand
  2. DanielV.
    Dec 27, 2009
    A great addition to Borderlands. Dark, eerie, and an overwhelming good time to be had. It sets a great mood, and I loved every minute of it. Get it on Steam while its $6!
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    Totally fantastic DLC, very fun and memorable quests, characters, and set pieces. The Borderlands humor made me laugh many times, and the amount of content was solid. Sure, I got all the DLC included in the GOTY edition, so mayhaps it's not worth $10 alone. But purely going on quality, not price, this DLC is totally awesome and more interesting than regular Borderlands. Score of 9 since itTotally fantastic DLC, very fun and memorable quests, characters, and set pieces. The Borderlands humor made me laugh many times, and the amount of content was solid. Sure, I got all the DLC included in the GOTY edition, so mayhaps it's not worth $10 alone. But purely going on quality, not price, this DLC is totally awesome and more interesting than regular Borderlands. Score of 9 since it improves on the original game's score of 8. Expand
  4. HoseDosCabrones
    Dec 21, 2009
    As it goes it's pretty good - no new weapons or anything, but new areas, new quests and so on aren't bad for what in the UK is the cost of a large kebab. Notwithstanding the whining of those who tihink everything should be free, if you liked Borderlands and wanted more single player action then buy this, you won't even miss the £6.50.
  5. TylerS
    Dec 31, 2009
    I was very impressed with the gameplay and cooperative this DLC included. It gave a wide variety of missions and such for the players to do.
  6. Dec 2, 2012
    Out of the 4 DLC's for Borderlands, this is by far is the most original, fun and atmospheric. Even though this expansion is very dark, gloomy and horror-oriented, the cartoonish humor and style of Borderlands is still there.

1. At $10 or whatever that translates to in Microsoft fun money, you're looking at at least another eight hours of gameplay (maybe more if you don't work on the brain-hunting missions while doing all the other ones). At that price, Zombie Island just may be the perfect place for your next vacation, and for your next level up too.
    In releasing this DLC, Gearbox and 2K have done what seems to be so difficult for other studios: drop a well designed, value laden expansion pack in a timely manner.
    Considering the strength of the gameplay formula and the fact that it's still fairly soon after the main game's release, what's presented here -- more things to kill and more reasons to laugh while doing so -- is welcome.