7.7

1. Oct 18, 2017
    In the 70s, we didn't save much, because magnetic tapes aren't that great. Then we got floppy discs, then hard drives… All in all, the rest of the century was rad. The turn of the millennium, however, saw a sudden drop in designers intelligence, either because the new ones now came from game design schools, or because of the mobile-phone apocalypse. They couldn't differentiate hardwareIn the 70s, we didn't save much, because magnetic tapes aren't that great. Then we got floppy discs, then hard drives… All in all, the rest of the century was rad. The turn of the millennium, however, saw a sudden drop in designers intelligence, either because the new ones now came from game design schools, or because of the mobile-phone apocalypse. They couldn't differentiate hardware anymore, write appropriate code, so PC games lost their save/load essential features, replaced by lazy checkpoints bullfaeces. Idiots bought this crap en masse nonetheless (after all, they used mobile phones too,) so the trend-wreck persisted. Finally, we started having open worlds. Which is great. Except that some of them still don't provide the very, very basic freedom of saves.

Borderlands is one of those retarded babies. You don't want to try things anymore, like jumping from a cliff or testing your grenades in close quarters. You don't want to explore, waste resources or do the crazy stunts you usually do in a sandbox. This is not a sandbox ; its an open world only in name.

But let's face it, we would endure it if the game was good enough. Unfortunately, Borderlands is all about grinding. Oh, it's pretty, yes, but it's so boring that I gave up after less than 2 hours. There's no hook, no fun in either gameplay or story. All it can boast about is its millions of weapons, which obviously means a few templates with countless, insignificant variations. Quantity over quality.

Some say it's good in coop mode. Good for them. The solo play is a stinking grind-fest. Frankly, the FPS genre is one of the easiest to design and implement, and these guys failed miserably. Skip a couple of years and play Rage instead. Or if you just want to shoot things and collect weapons, even Fallout 3 does is better, while it's built like an RPG.
  2. Jul 15, 2017
    Borderlands wears a humorous and addictive cel-shaded coat to cover up its repetitiveness, uninteresting story and one hell of an unsatisfying boss battle.
  3. Jul 1, 2017
    Borderlands boasts great cel-shaded graphics, and fun gameplay, especially on co-op mode. The worlds featured in the game look good for the most part, and it mixes FPS with open-world very well, offering a solid gaming experience. The gameplay itself isn't really different from what others of it's genre have to offer, and after a while, this causes the game to start feeling repetitive.
  4. May 30, 2017
    Good "Feel" to movement and weapon handling. Landscape and opponents get somewhat repetitive. Loot becomes less thrilling towards the end Siren's special ability is utterly useless. Does not motivate very much for a 2nd playthrough.
  5. May 23, 2017
    Had a great time with the first Borderlands. The gameplay is tight and tons of fun with a nice variety of weapons to choose from. The main issues with the game are that while the gameplay is fun it is incredibly repetitive and the whole plot and story felt a bit weak with an insanely lackluster ending. I'd give it a 7.5/10 it's a blast if you don't expect a masterpiece.
  6. May 8, 2017
    The dialogues, the plot, the setting and the art design cancel out much of the negatives like repetitive gameplay. Borderlands is a brilliant shooter with its flaws
  7. Apr 15, 2017
    It's okay, but often dull. Gunplay feels fine but nothing about this game makes me want to keep playing it. Sorting through piles of loot to find the best stats is not my idea of fun. Humor is not so great (with one particularly annoying character), but not as bad as BL2.
  8. Apr 9, 2017
    Part of this is due to the fact that, by the time I got around to playing this (around 2016), the rest of the world lost interest. I like the art style, I like the personality, and I like the distant pop of a Psycho's skull erupting in blood and metal. But, without anyone to accompany me, this game was just dull. The missions became repetitive very quickly, and the wide range of gunsPart of this is due to the fact that, by the time I got around to playing this (around 2016), the rest of the world lost interest. I like the art style, I like the personality, and I like the distant pop of a Psycho's skull erupting in blood and metal. But, without anyone to accompany me, this game was just dull. The missions became repetitive very quickly, and the wide range of guns followed suit after a few hours. I appreciate the attempt to meld the genres of FPS and RPG, but it seemed to only take the least interesting aspects of the role-playing genre (numbers, wheee...) and cram them into it. Every mission was, "Follow the green diamond, kill/find the things that you see, and then return, as the green diamond will have moved." I have since given up on this game, but from what I've seen, the sequel appears to have hammered out some of the elements that I find unappealing. Expand
  9. Mar 3, 2017
    It's really nice game, combining FPS and RPG was a good idea, it's not ideal but for the first time it's enough. The world is beautiful, when you walk across the map you just stop from time to time to just look and enjoy amazing views. After all the story is not the best, the DLC's are much better. What I don't like is really weak bosses, they have simple mechanics and easy to defeat. IIt's really nice game, combining FPS and RPG was a good idea, it's not ideal but for the first time it's enough. The world is beautiful, when you walk across the map you just stop from time to time to just look and enjoy amazing views. After all the story is not the best, the DLC's are much better. What I don't like is really weak bosses, they have simple mechanics and easy to defeat. I recommend this game, I enjoyed it trought whole gameplay. Expand
  10. Dec 20, 2016
    Un exelente juego en todos sus aspectos... O en casi todos. Verán... Este juego destaca en todo menos en historia, pues es que casi literalmente no tiene historia porque la historia consta en ir a abrir una cámara y listo. Es un juego con buena duración si te juegas también las misiones secundarias, las cuales de hecho son bastante buenas. Es un juego muy hilarante y es que a eso seUn exelente juego en todos sus aspectos... O en casi todos. Verán... Este juego destaca en todo menos en historia, pues es que casi literalmente no tiene historia porque la historia consta en ir a abrir una cámara y listo. Es un juego con buena duración si te juegas también las misiones secundarias, las cuales de hecho son bastante buenas. Es un juego muy hilarante y es que a eso se dedica, aparte de accion, rpg, etc... Este juego es ultra cómico. Amo este juego. Expand
  11. Nov 26, 2016
    The game that started it all, this game is not as big or as good as borderlands 2, but it's still Borderlands and it's still great after so many years, especially if you play with friends.
    If you want to have some wild coop fun and visit Pandora again or for the first time, borderlands 1 is a great game to play.
    Features: Tons of weapons, Lots of crazed bandits, Boss fights, Alien
    Features:
    Tons of weapons,
    Lots of crazed bandits,
    Boss fights,
    Alien creatures,
    The legend of an alien chamber ,
    Irreverent humor as always.
    At a great price now, it will quench your borderlands thirst until BL3 comes out ;)
    Always borderlands, always the best!
  12. Nov 12, 2016
    Just finished Borderlands. And it is safe to say I'm definitely going to move on to the sequel.
    I was rather apprehensive about playing this with a gamepad on my 360 / PS3. And I have to say I'm glad I waited to play it on PC.
    The controls are pretty nailed and solid on start up. Only thing I changed was putting my Melee on Mouse-3. Personal preference. The Narrative in Borderlands

The Narrative in Borderlands (In my opinion) Isn't extremely important to have a good time. I usually dislike RPG's with quite a passion. However, The RPG elements in Borderlands work absolutely perfectly. I played through with a Soldier, And mainly maxed out my 1st skill tree, Which definitely worked for my single player walkthrough. My university lecturer recommended this game to play with friends, However, If you do want to play solo, It Isn't broken in the slightest. But destroying things with 4 people would have been a great blast.

The loot system in this game is incredible. Never once did I feel like looking at all of the loot was a waste of time, And I was very excited to see what I would find every time something dropped. Even when Half of it actually turned out to be useless.

The solo campaign took me about 17 Hours, and there's 100's more hours of sidequests which you can do. So its safe to say this game definitely isn't lacking in content.

My only gripe about this game is I'm a massive soundtrack nerd. And the soundtrack in the game is rather bland and samey, Which for me kinda sucked, But thats nothing when you put it next to the awesome gameplay and comedy.

Would recommend to at least play through once.

9/10 Claptraps.
  13. Oct 15, 2016
    The game is a truly horrible experience for everyone, atlast nowadays. The graphics and its ugly style, combined with the low FoV gave me and my Friend instand motion sickness. We were able to play for 10 minutes.
    German Lip Sync is blood awful.
    And the menus control like they were made for consoles and not a PC
  14. Sep 9, 2016
    Loved the simplicity of it. Just trudging along here and there, shooting people, looting stuff without too much RPG attribute madness or FPS commando style realism. It's real fun and addictive even if there's almost no story at all behind what you do. Only real nag are the various interface glitches hampering usability. As an FPS it could be harder too, and AI needs some more work, but itLoved the simplicity of it. Just trudging along here and there, shooting people, looting stuff without too much RPG attribute madness or FPS commando style realism. It's real fun and addictive even if there's almost no story at all behind what you do. Only real nag are the various interface glitches hampering usability. As an FPS it could be harder too, and AI needs some more work, but it still is a fun ride. Expand
  15. Jul 7, 2016
    Borderlands leaves me with mixed feelings. I had a great time playing it – when I wasn't bored by endless fetch-quests, easy combat and (in the DLC) re-used bosses.

I enjoyed the weapons the most. They feel and fire great, with a lot of variety. There's a finite amount of cash, so most of your weapons will be found via looting. And there is a TON of stuff to loot. Any fallen enemy drops loot, from bandits to wild animals. And if you find a stash, well, you just might land yourself a rare. Sniper rifles have a fixed zoom, though.

The game world is huge and drab; a real wasteland. The visual style is still unique (even with Telltale using a similar hand-drawn, cell-shaded look for most of their games). It was a little jarring at first, but after a few hours I found the graphics very appealing. And light on system resources. Getting around the huge world isn't a problem; Scooter's vehicle terminals are everywhere, making it very easy to “Git you one!” But why are we traversing the gameworld? Fetch-quests, mostly. “Bring me 20 fish!” “Destroy 3 fuel tanks!” “Find 20 parts!” They're not all fetch-quests, of course, but there's quite a bit of padding. The attraction was supposed to lie in the combat (and looting) while completing the quests. Which is fine, except the combat is easy. If you do a few side-quests and suddenly find yourself 2 or more levels higher than recommended, you'll breeze through the missions. Co-op play is supposed to mean harder enemies and better loot; I found co-op even easier.

I'd heard so much about how good the characters of Borderlands are, and they're there, but barely; the characters are the start- and end-points of the missions, but that's it. You'll barely even see a cut-scene with them (except in some of the DLC). Claptraps are everywhere, and they're obviously designed to be cute. What about the story? Well, you're looking for a vault; think of it as a box. You're on a planet named “Pandora”. Put the two together, and hopefully you won't be too disappointed when you finally get to the vault after an endless level of “guardians”.

So, I have mixed feelings about Borderlands. I found it tremendously fun in co-op, though, so if you have a few friends who want to run around together shooting and looting, grab it by all means. If you're planning to solo most of it, it will be a solitary, easy grind for loot.

"Wait, you forgot about your reference to 'recycled bosses'!"

Read on.

On DLC:
    There are four DLC, all of them substantial additions to the main game; campaigns are large (as are the rewards) and well worth the purchase – especially if you're buying the game for its co-op.

Some problems with the DLC, though:
    - No fast travel. Wait, wtf? That's right. You fast travel to the start of the DLC campaign, but within the DLC, there is no fast-travel, meaning you'll spend a lot of time running (or driving). If you pass a save-point deep within a level, and quit your game, the next time you load your save, you'll be back at the beginning of the DLC, and have to run / drive all the way back to where you were when you saved.
    - RECYCLED BOSSES. You'll re-fight the boss from the main campaign, and in the Claptrap Robot Revolution DLC, you'll also re-fight the bosses from The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned and The Secret Armory of General Knoxx – sometimes even multiple times! Borderlands tries to be self-deprecating as it does this, but it doesn't change the fact that they're re-using assets. It reeks of being cheap. Did the devs seriously think we would swallow the EXACT same boss three times without complaining? Come on.

Get the GOTY edition. When on sale, it's only a few dollars more, and it includes everything.
  16. Jun 22, 2016
    People seem to love or hate Borderlands. I don't understand the hate, unless people misunderstood what they were paying for- Gearbox games seem to get a lot of that. It's true, much of the game's plot was cut out in development because they couldn't make it fit with the gameplay. And yeah, it gets old after a while. But Borderlands makes grinding and loot farming fun in a way it reallyPeople seem to love or hate Borderlands. I don't understand the hate, unless people misunderstood what they were paying for- Gearbox games seem to get a lot of that. It's true, much of the game's plot was cut out in development because they couldn't make it fit with the gameplay. And yeah, it gets old after a while. But Borderlands makes grinding and loot farming fun in a way it really shouldn't be- and that made me love the game. Its got a lot of style, and it's great fun to play in co-op, especially split-screen on a console. I love the characters and setting, even if a lot more could be done with it- something the sequel might address. But I had a lot of fun playing Borderlands. And in the end, I think it was really just about the guns. Lots and lots of guns. There ain't no rest for the wicked, but who's got the time? There's more bandits to shoot and loot to grab. Expand
  17. May 28, 2016
    When I ignore all those bugs and issues this game has, I see a masterpiece. Gearbox software created something nobody else created back then, and it's amazing. Borderlands is one of those singleplayer games, where you just play it more than once and it feels different, every time. Random loot, enemies, maps...it all fits into the world and you just can't wait to explore new area, to openWhen I ignore all those bugs and issues this game has, I see a masterpiece. Gearbox software created something nobody else created back then, and it's amazing. Borderlands is one of those singleplayer games, where you just play it more than once and it feels different, every time. Random loot, enemies, maps...it all fits into the world and you just can't wait to explore new area, to open another chest, to defeat that boss. Story could be better, but that's fixed in BL2...so, 10/10! Expand
  18. May 13, 2016
    Why would anyone give it a lower score?
    There really is no other game like it unless you are talking about it's sequels.
    Highly polished game, thoroughly enjoyable, tonnes of loot, great gun play, excellent design and well made.
    10/10 would bang again.
  19. ave
    Mar 7, 2016
    It's not really an evaluation, much more a tribute for a game I played a lot and still enjoy playing it :)

Even if replaying it kinda feel repetitive, after a while you just feel "cosy at home". Even if the enemies sometimes lacks variation, hunting for your favorite set of weapons and exploring new builds is still fun. On my own, I mostly play Mordecai with a rapid-fire Torment

On my own, I mostly play Mordecai with a rapid-fire Torment repeater, a multi-pellet Masher revolver and an explosive Wrath sniper rifle. Once I got these three, the whole game is a joyful ride (plus, repeaters and revolvers feed the same weapon skill bar, so why not taking advantage of it?)

I also found the "alternate stories" really interesting each one on its own. I really love the mood and pacing of Jacob's Cove (the zombiesque twist on Borderlands).

Even if the more recent instances of the title (namely Borderlands 2 and Borderlands Prequel) are better balanced and provide more challenges, the original title is still strong on its feet.
  20. Feb 27, 2016
    borderlands is one of the most purely fun games I've ever played. I have hundreds of hours off the base game alone and probably around 60+ off the DLC. This is another game that any fan of the RPG/Shooter genres should own.
  21. Feb 16, 2016
    Borderlands is a true masterpiece. While this game is not for everybody it is still very fun and addicting for fans of loot RPGs. With over 17 million unique pieces of loot and 4 diverse characters with their own benefits no matter how much you play the experience will be new and fresh. Although when you first start out this game is the most it also provides hours upon hours for end-gameBorderlands is a true masterpiece. While this game is not for everybody it is still very fun and addicting for fans of loot RPGs. With over 17 million unique pieces of loot and 4 diverse characters with their own benefits no matter how much you play the experience will be new and fresh. Although when you first start out this game is the most it also provides hours upon hours for end-game because you have the choice to farm already beaten boss for better gear or even play through the campaign again with the same character. The story is also very interesting and funny at times. There are story missions and side missions to do for more experience to level up. This game can be even more enjoyable with the up to 4-player co-op that it provides. Borderlands is attractive to casual players who just want to have fun or the hardcore players who want grind for the best of an immense amount of loot. Expand
  22. Nov 24, 2015
    Desert Bordered With More Deserts

Overall: 76% (110.1/140) Atmosphere: 8.3/10 Graphics: 9.1/10 Level Design: 7.5/10 Music: 5/5 Voice: 3.8/5 Balance: 8.6/10 Controls: 8.6/10 Mysteries: 8/10 Animations: 6.9/10 Artificial Intelligence: 5.5/10 Physics: 5.5/10 Replay Value: 8.6/10 Story: 7/10 Tutorial: 4.5/5 Variety in Items: 9.2/10 Cost-Benefit Ratio: 3/4 System
    Desert Bordered With More Deserts

Overall: 76% (110.1/140)

Atmosphere: 8.3/10

Variety in Items: 9.2/10

Cost-Benefit Ratio: 3/4
    System Requirements: 1/1
  23. Oct 5, 2015
    I'm a single player gamer, it started okay first but as the game got tougher I just had enough of it I reached level 24 , I did quest that match my level but the power are WAAAY unparalleled, weapons - no matter what weapon - do tiny damage and your ammo runs out before you eliminate the the endless horde of well shielded moving targets and perfect aimers with unlimited ammo. As a gamerI'm a single player gamer, it started okay first but as the game got tougher I just had enough of it I reached level 24 , I did quest that match my level but the power are WAAAY unparalleled, weapons - no matter what weapon - do tiny damage and your ammo runs out before you eliminate the the endless horde of well shielded moving targets and perfect aimers with unlimited ammo. As a gamer who started in 90's , the invasion of multi-player style on games is ruining my gaming experience more and more every time Expand
  24. Sep 10, 2015
    This game brought in a lot of old ideas, added some new ones, and threw in coop. If there is one thing that I love, its coop. The story line is original but does not play a big part in the actual game. The biggest aspect of this game is the coop and the mass amount of guns. Oh there are so many guns. Add the DLC on top of that with even more guns included, and by the end you have closerThis game brought in a lot of old ideas, added some new ones, and threw in coop. If there is one thing that I love, its coop. The story line is original but does not play a big part in the actual game. The biggest aspect of this game is the coop and the mass amount of guns. Oh there are so many guns. Add the DLC on top of that with even more guns included, and by the end you have closer friends and an arsenal. Expand
  25. May 5, 2015
    Time played: 115 Hours
    Achievements: 80 / 80
    Complete Review @ http://blurbarians.blogspot.pt/2015/05/borderlands.html#more — Some good humor in some spots in the game, especially in the Knoxx DLC. Wacky characters and some funny references. — It feels pretty satisfying to melt enemies and bosses with insane amounts of bullets. Ammo is abundant in the world, especially when you
    Time played: 115 Hours
    Achievements: 80 / 80

Complete Review @ http://blurbarians.blogspot.pt/2015/05/borderlands.html#more

— It feels pretty satisfying to melt enemies and bosses with insane amounts of bullets. Ammo is abundant in the world, especially when you can cheat the RNG making it so you always get bullets for the weapon types you want. After a while, bullets become unnecessary if you use an Ammo Regeneration mod, making it less annoying since you don’t have to keep looting it.

— Looting is this game’s major annoyance. Press a button to loot an item, and then repeat the process for each other item scattered on the ground. Certain enemies, like bosses, drop a ton of stuff, making it so you’ll spend most of your time in Pandora looking at the ground and looting. You can hold the loot button to execute an area loot, but the range is extremely short and you inventory is very small, meaning you’ll stop being able to loot items after half a dozen of these, at best.

— The loot/weapon system is a mess. Weapons have a huge array of variable stats, including shooting speed, magazine ammo capacity, inventory ammo capacity, damage per bullet, bullet accuracy, bullet lag (I’ll come back to this one later) and elemental damage. The first time you play through the game, you obviously won’t have any idea of which elements are effective against each type of enemy. Making things worse, you can only equip four weapons at once (late game, 2 weapons early game), meaning you will also spend a lot of time swapping guns every time you enter a different area. No, you don’t get to use your favorite gun all of the time. It just doesn’t work. Also, seeing as your inventory is very small even after fully upgraded (by saving Claptraps) most of it will be filled with guns of various types and elements that you will need, making it so you have close to zero inventory space for loot and have to keep running back to vending machines to sell your crap. Loot rarity is also mostly non-functional, since, thanks to randomly assigned bonuses, it is possible for the crappiest low level weapon be stupidly good until 20 levels later, due to RNG.

— Bullet lag. That’s right. Some genius at Gearbox thought it was a good idea to make each type of gun have a different bullet lag. If you shoot a medium distance object with a rifle, it will take way longer that it’s supposed to for the bullet to reach it. Even with a sniper, it’s near impossible to hit a non-stationary enemy at long distance. And forget about hitting moving targets with SMGs, unless you’re literally on their faces. What were they thinking, honestly.

— Quick Travel is a blessing, but it’s not present in the Knoxx DLC, which by coincidence, has Kilometers of highways and makes you travel for a long time every time a mission asks you to go somewhere (very often). Also the missions tend to be repetitive and sometimes you have to kill every boss in an enemy base every time you get a mission to do anything in said base. Also, having to go through the base game twice and then going through all the DLCs to reach the level cap. Also, weird level sync where monsters are always 2-3 levels above you making them excessively hard to kill……

— Heavy Texture popping, especially after loadings, collision detection problems, where a small rock or piece of metal on the floor will bring you to a grinding halt, which means certain death against most bosses.

— Most achievements involve hours of mindless grinding and some are virtually impossible unless you use exploits or design flaws. And even then the Coliseum achievements take several hours of uninterrupted play.

— Multiplayer scaling is weird, making every enemy have several times more health, meaning that unless you and the other players are always focusing fire, each individual enemy becomes near-impossible to kill, unless you have infinite ammo or an ammo regen mod.

So there you have it. There’s no doubt the game has a lot of problems. I haven’t found time to start on Borderlands 2 yet, but I trust many of these issues are no longer present in the sequel. That being said it was a fairly poor first attempt taking into account that we’re talking about Gearbox. Buy at your own risk.
  26. Apr 8, 2015
    Great art work,
    Overall its Bland ,
    Reused , Boring feel of weapons , Over used enemy's, Boring skill trees, Borderlands is a FPS shooter with some RPG elements like,A skill tree for a few classes you can Choose from which all are pretty boring there ult is the only thing I liked and wish they had more like that instead of the terrible boring passives. You can also pick up junk
    Great art work,
    Overall its Bland ,
    Reused ,
    Boring feel of weapons ,
    Over used enemy's,
    Boring skill trees,

Borderlands is a FPS shooter with some RPG elements like,A skill tree for a few classes you can Choose from which all are pretty boring there ult is the only thing I liked and wish they had more like that instead of the terrible boring passives. You can also pick up junk all the time that you just sell cause that's what most things drop. Its got some cool Comic Book art style that I haven't seen much of. Quite a bit of different weapons but none really have any thing cool about them there just your standard Sniper, Sub, Pistol, Rocket launcher with some stupid effects on them like fire to burn things with skin and others to take down shields trying to add depth to something just doesn't seem fun or meaning full the game play just ends up being mediocre and reused over and over. They should of spent more time on sound effects and feel of the weapons to drag you in more some of the gore is cool if your in to that which i wish there was way more. Overall feel is just boring after a few hours for me I ended up rushing threw the quests running past everything I could I was so sick of it and just wanted it to end.

Beat in 16 hours
  27. Jan 3, 2015
    This game was the starting blocks of a great game. It had a cool art style, wacky characters to meet, tons of guns to loot and a big land scape to explore. Only problem was that the land scapes were mostly baron wastelands, and although most guns looked cool, some just looked unpractical. The story wasn't that great as i didn't real i had to pay attention to it and seemed a bit boring.This game was the starting blocks of a great game. It had a cool art style, wacky characters to meet, tons of guns to loot and a big land scape to explore. Only problem was that the land scapes were mostly baron wastelands, and although most guns looked cool, some just looked unpractical. The story wasn't that great as i didn't real i had to pay attention to it and seemed a bit boring. However, the game is still a hell of a lot of fun and is a great basis for the franchise to start on. Expand
  28. Fuz
    Nov 14, 2014
    Fantastic game. Great graphics with a lot of style, absolutely amazing characters with witty and funny dialogues, good enemies variety with some very cool bosses and decent enough story (some people didn't like the ending, but I thought it was brilliant). The shooting mechanics are pretty good, and the loot search if awesome. The DLCs, contrary to most DLCs practice out there, are alsoFantastic game. Great graphics with a lot of style, absolutely amazing characters with witty and funny dialogues, good enemies variety with some very cool bosses and decent enough story (some people didn't like the ending, but I thought it was brilliant). The shooting mechanics are pretty good, and the loot search if awesome. The DLCs, contrary to most DLCs practice out there, are also absolutely excellent and a great added value to the original game.
    Note that it really should be played with friends, it gets even A LOT more fun.
  29. Oct 27, 2014
    What a great FPS this is. It might be a bit frustrating and confusing in the beginning, but one you get used to its specifics and learn your way around how to survive, it is nothing less than a pure pleasure. Very responsive and action oriented game-play with tons of weapons. If you are the type of person who like to tweak things and compare things, look no further. You will be in homeWhat a great FPS this is. It might be a bit frustrating and confusing in the beginning, but one you get used to its specifics and learn your way around how to survive, it is nothing less than a pure pleasure. Very responsive and action oriented game-play with tons of weapons. If you are the type of person who like to tweak things and compare things, look no further. You will be in home with the weapon-generation system and you will wait for the store update like it is santa claus. The atmosphere of the game is anywhere between frantic shooting and calmly traversing of new lands while looking around corners for stuff. It has shortcomings of course, but for what it is, this one might even be my favorite game of all time. Expand
  30. Oct 26, 2014
    Game play is great very fun and a decent improvement from BL2. Maps are entertaining and guns are cooler and more fun, but the story was done horribly. This game is the size of two BL2 add ons. At the end of the game you are left high and dry expecting more action, but instead you are left with a piece of **** cliff hanger. So many questions go unanswered. This game has made be hate theGame play is great very fun and a decent improvement from BL2. Maps are entertaining and guns are cooler and more fun, but the story was done horribly. This game is the size of two BL2 add ons. At the end of the game you are left high and dry expecting more action, but instead you are left with a piece of **** cliff hanger. So many questions go unanswered. This game has made be hate the Borderlands series. The series has turned into just another game company that only cares about money, and not if the product they are selling is actually good. this game should be selling for half of its price. Expand
  31. Oct 23, 2014
    Not crazy about this game. Gameplay tends to get repetitive. Go there, shoot that. Storyline is intriguing and the guns pack a nice punch per occasion. That's about it. Classic example of an over hyped game.
  32. Sep 4, 2014
    Well, there not much to say about Borderlands: 50% FPS, 50% RPG: 100% fun! The storyline isn't very original, nothing special, BUT (!): the whole world was created with unbelievable lot of attention to detail and is filled with little easter eggs that makes you laugh every time. The personalities of the NPC 's are also unbelievable creative and versatile. The level design gets unilateralWell, there not much to say about Borderlands: 50% FPS, 50% RPG: 100% fun! The storyline isn't very original, nothing special, BUT (!): the whole world was created with unbelievable lot of attention to detail and is filled with little easter eggs that makes you laugh every time. The personalities of the NPC 's are also unbelievable creative and versatile. The level design gets unilateral after a while, which is due to the vegetation of Pandora, but you can avoid that by simply buying one of the DLC 's (like "The zombie island of doctor NED") which aren't very expensive and make the game a lot more varied. Expand
  33. Aug 12, 2014
    Unique game. Lots of innovation in the game play and graphics. It is not heavy for the PC.
    Story line is funny, attractive and not short.
    Totally recommended.
  34. Jun 15, 2014
    Borderlands. Gearbox software's comedy filled (somewhat) Role Playing Shooter, a genre that doesn't really make a lot sense but it does sum up the games gun-filled destinations and atmosphere.

- I have mixed opinions I did enjoy this games new approach to shooters and RPGs but after a while I found the game bland and the lack of clear storyline didn't help things. Look at like this,

- I have mixed opinions
    I did enjoy this games new approach to shooters and RPGs but after a while I found the game bland and the lack of clear storyline didn't help things. Look at like this, it takes great intuitive graphics designing in the form of a hand-drawn Pandora but seems to combine it with a boring Dead Island like game mechanic, Borderlands contains far to many fetch or kill quests and the greater aspects quickly become forgotten as a result of this.

- RPG system/aspects are non existent
    Most RPGs try to take on a new style, such as Fallout's S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system but Borderlands doesn't seem to have any kind of RPG backbone which makes me question the 'Role Playing Shooter' genre as simply a way to cover up a lack of ideas or the creativeness to come up with a niche within the genre. This is cheaply covered up by placing an unnecessary amount of weapons within the game world which comes across as lazy to me rather than a new take on RPG games.

- Empty Game World
    Gearbox clearly have not given Borderlands much thought when it comes to a nice game world filled with hidden side quests and intrigue like most other RPGs do and this makes the single player the most boring and dullest experience since (yes, I'll say it again) Dead Island. The only way to properly enjoy this game is when you team up with a body and farm the game to level up. I also felt that the quests in the game were pretty hard to follow as, for some reason, you find yourself being forced to do tonnes of seemingly unnecessary quests in order to progress in your hopes of finding the vault.

Overall Score:
    5.2/10- Another dissapointing RPG with little or no reason to keep playing or replaying. I feel slightly annoyed by this game also because it seemed to boast so much but after experiencing what Gearbox had to offer I thought that it was rather insulting to better RPGs out there. Want my advice? Play Fallout instead,
  35. Jun 11, 2014
    The best multiplayer Co-Op game ever made, period. Nothing comes close (except for Borderlands 2). If u want to have an LAN party or sit on a sofa with a buddy, if you long to play a game with your friend on his team rather than against random jerks online, then this is the game for you.
  36. Jun 5, 2014
    It looks like a douchey "shoot everything" game, but it's actually one of my favorite games. There is some hilarious dialogue, super fun missions, leveling up is really awesome, and playing with a friend is the best. The only reason I didn't give it a ten is because some of the special abilities weren't all that useful (such as the siren phasewalk), and also because I recently startedIt looks like a douchey "shoot everything" game, but it's actually one of my favorite games. There is some hilarious dialogue, super fun missions, leveling up is really awesome, and playing with a friend is the best. The only reason I didn't give it a ten is because some of the special abilities weren't all that useful (such as the siren phasewalk), and also because I recently started playing the second one and realized how much better it is. Still, give this game a chance, it won't let you down. Unless you've already played the second one, haha. Expand
  37. May 15, 2014
    Claptrap is the name of the robot you meet in the game if his name doesn't get you to play this amazing game with insanely beautiful graphics and comical back and forth between the characters then I don't know what will.
  38. Mar 2, 2014
    An incredible game. Satisfying kills, a plethora of guns, enjoyable levelling, an interesting open world with non-grindy quests.

This is a game you could spend hours and hours playing and still want to play more. Even in 2014 it doesn't feel dated.
  39. Jan 21, 2014
    I played this game way after it came out, so being able to talk about the online play will be nearly impossible. However I do find that the single player was done just right. If you hate RPG games that make you do grind quests or random tasks, then this might not be the game for you. Another problem is the plot, I guess that I was partially enthused with the Idea of finding "The Vault"I played this game way after it came out, so being able to talk about the online play will be nearly impossible. However I do find that the single player was done just right. If you hate RPG games that make you do grind quests or random tasks, then this might not be the game for you. Another problem is the plot, I guess that I was partially enthused with the Idea of finding "The Vault" This mysterious treasure trove of weapons, however I stopped to think to my self "What would I do with all those guns" so at that point the story went out the window. However the bread and butter of this game is the guns and the game play. It is a wonderfully stylized FPS with a large load of RPG elements placed in it. The hordes of weapons you collect, buy, sell, drop, and keep are all really interesting. When you find a weapon that has a better fire rate, is more powerful, and is more accurate it really feels like a victory. And constantly finding weapons and checking and comparing states had me excited about this game. After I beat the game I was hungry for more so I bought the DLC for it, I can't wait to play them. Overall I find that Borderlands is a very fun game and is worth a purchase. Expand
  40. Jan 13, 2014
    A great game and series from Gearbox Software. This first title in the series is a nice change of pace from the generic shooter. Great gameplay and great characters combine to form a quite enjoyable game! The lack of story, however, truly hinders the score I am giving this game. If they had spent more time thinking through the main quest, I would give this a 9/10 with no doubt. Even thoughA great game and series from Gearbox Software. This first title in the series is a nice change of pace from the generic shooter. Great gameplay and great characters combine to form a quite enjoyable game! The lack of story, however, truly hinders the score I am giving this game. If they had spent more time thinking through the main quest, I would give this a 9/10 with no doubt. Even though the main quest is mediocre at best, side quests and DLC truly save this game and make it a must-play! Expand
  41. Dec 23, 2013
    Overall, the game is O.K. if you play it with some friends but otherwise, it's not really worth it. The game play is boring and sometimes annoying. The missions are the exact same, just more stronger enemies in each new mission. The FOV is disgusting and vehicle controls with the keyboard isn't great. The comedy can be funny or mediocre but I never enjoyed. The only thing making me giveOverall, the game is O.K. if you play it with some friends but otherwise, it's not really worth it. The game play is boring and sometimes annoying. The missions are the exact same, just more stronger enemies in each new mission. The FOV is disgusting and vehicle controls with the keyboard isn't great. The comedy can be funny or mediocre but I never enjoyed. The only thing making me give this a score of 4 than 2 is that it can sometimes be fun playing it with some friends and the music is good. I do recommend Borderlands 2 since it does solve some problems this game has but personally, I would refund this game since it's just sitting in my library but Steam wouldn't do that so yea. Expand
  42. Nov 21, 2013
    For me, this game was extremely dull and repetitive. Played it for 5 hours and then uninstalled.
    Luckily, I got a free copy of Mafia II with it so that purchase wasn't a total waste.
  43. Nov 20, 2013
    I thought that this game will be mediocre based on reviews that I have read.I was wrong.This game is perfect.Too much fun.The only negative that I could find is that the scenario could be better but in this game you just don't care.Keep shooting and looting brothers!
  44. Nov 20, 2013
    Although Borderlands was pretty much designed with multiplayer in mind I was glad to see they offered a single player mode! I personally don’t like multi-player games too much but I still wanted to give this a go! Borderlands although a good enough game to maintain your interest; presented nothing but the same mission style gameplay over and over again! For me the repetitiveness of theAlthough Borderlands was pretty much designed with multiplayer in mind I was glad to see they offered a single player mode! I personally don’t like multi-player games too much but I still wanted to give this a go! Borderlands although a good enough game to maintain your interest; presented nothing but the same mission style gameplay over and over again! For me the repetitiveness of the game makes it quite a dull experience and it really provides absolutely nothing new to FPS games other than a ridiculous number of weapon choices… I really don’t feel this game warranted a sequel in any way, but if you’re looking for a simple FPS which you can play with friends or casually over a fairly long period of time, this may be the game for you! Expand
  45. Nov 19, 2013
    Without a doubt, one of the best "Shopping Simulator" games ever made. Do you enjoy killing a bunch of things, picking up lots of "loot", then going to a shop to sell and buy approximately 4,678 times in the course of a 50+ hour gaming experience? Then this is the game for you. If, like myself, you would prefer to only kill one type of enemy about, oh, 800 times over, rather than 8,000Without a doubt, one of the best "Shopping Simulator" games ever made. Do you enjoy killing a bunch of things, picking up lots of "loot", then going to a shop to sell and buy approximately 4,678 times in the course of a 50+ hour gaming experience? Then this is the game for you. If, like myself, you would prefer to only kill one type of enemy about, oh, 800 times over, rather than 8,000 times over, the preposterously lengthy and repetitive game-play might wear a little thin after a while. Personally, I enjoyed about the first 30 hours, and only kept going all the way to the end out of principle (having reached the point of no return). And the best part of all? If killing the final boss isn't enough for you, the designers have kindly offered the opportunity for you to KEEP PLAYING, even though the plot is finished and the credits have rolled. But hey, you still have MILLIONS more enemies to kill and BILLIONS more things to pick up and sell. So why stop. EVER..???

Think I'll give myself a slight rest before Borderlands 2. Don't get me wrong...this game has tonnes of personality, fantastic graphics, a great world, amusing characters, and enough good ideas for a good many games. But you really, really, REALLY can have too much of a good thing. And whatever you do, don't even HUMOUR the notion of tackling it single player. If ever a game needed friends with headsets, this'd be it. WAY too much brainless "fun" for one person to endure alone.
  46. Oct 27, 2013
    Top game with many hours of game play in it. Replayabilty... loads. Best to be played a group rather than solo. It is repetitive but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Looting for weapons is very fun. If you're expecting a decent story line I'm not sure that there is one there, I was to busy shooting spider ants and gaining XP to care.
  47. Oct 17, 2013
    Great game system, nice ability tree but unfortunately weak characterization so you just end up playing because th mechanics are good rather than as part of the experience.
  48. Jul 22, 2013
    This is a fun game, until about 3/4 of the way through then it gets repetitive, Then weapons vending machine/store does not give very good weapons. The charterers are unbalanced and in multi-player you can really see the differences. Playing in Co-op makes the game more challenging and I like that other than the characters unbalance issues. The best thing about this is that Borderlands 2This is a fun game, until about 3/4 of the way through then it gets repetitive, Then weapons vending machine/store does not give very good weapons. The charterers are unbalanced and in multi-player you can really see the differences. Playing in Co-op makes the game more challenging and I like that other than the characters unbalance issues. The best thing about this is that Borderlands 2 seems to have addressed these issues. Expand
  49. Jul 20, 2013
    This is one of my favorite games to play with a group of friends. There’s enough unique loot to keep you going from start to finish and the comic book/cartoon visual style with it's hand drawn textures looks amazing. The plot isn't great, but it doesn't take away from the experience since all I ever wanted to do was run around and shoot things anyway. Plus, even the DLC is worthwhileThis is one of my favorite games to play with a group of friends. There’s enough unique loot to keep you going from start to finish and the comic book/cartoon visual style with it's hand drawn textures looks amazing. The plot isn't great, but it doesn't take away from the experience since all I ever wanted to do was run around and shoot things anyway. Plus, even the DLC is worthwhile (aside from General Knoxx’s Armory and, to a lesser extent, Moxxi’s Arena). Definitely worth looking into if you don’t already have it! Expand
  50. Jul 15, 2013
    Borderlands is a boring game with the most repetitive gameplay possible. Shoot enemies and collect loot, that's all there is to it.

There is little enemy variety, they only scale in level, so you'll be shooting the same enemies over and over and over in the boring wasteland that is Borderlands. Combat AI is just meh, enemies are pretty stupid and their bad AI is guaranteed to give you a disadvantage. Most enemies require little to no strategy for killing them, just shoot them. This game relies so much on leveling that you can't even kill enemies that are 5 levels above you, and what do you do to gain levels? Do missions (or shoot enemies for XP if you feel like torturing yourself for something even slower)

The missions in this game are incredibly pathetic. They're given by some NPCs (AKA quest menus because you can't interact with them at all) and involve going to random places to grab items or shoot more enemies (because you can't get enough of that, right?)
    Just in case you don't feel like doing every single one of these thousand fetch quests, a little annoying robot will message you about them every minute, and it's really freaking annoying.

Plenty of this game revolves around finding better equipment to kill the same enemies that keep increasing in level. The amount of weapons you can find in this game is diminished by the fact that every gun is a recolor with random generated stats. The best word to describe the looting system would be 'bland'.

I don't care much for graphics, but most textures in this game are kind of blurry, even the gun textures that you'll be looking at 24/7.

There aren't many music tracks in this game, but the few you get aren't bad at all. Even the background music you hear all the time doesn't seem to get tiring, for me at least.
  51. Jul 9, 2013
    This Review is for gamers who are looking for a fast game with some experience. First, to explain why I have given this game such a low score is based on what I could quickly complete. I am a gamer that buys used games and returns them in a week instead of buying games to keep. I heard that Borderlands was a great title and decided to look into it. This game's intro is very similar to thatThis Review is for gamers who are looking for a fast game with some experience. First, to explain why I have given this game such a low score is based on what I could quickly complete. I am a gamer that buys used games and returns them in a week instead of buying games to keep. I heard that Borderlands was a great title and decided to look into it. This game's intro is very similar to that of Fallout New Vegas. You are in the middle of the desert and need to do several grind missions in order to get to the juice of the campaign. After playing for about 2 hours and doing grind mission after grind mission, I attempted to purchase a weapon, and all of my money disappeared from my inventory but the weapon never showed up. Now, I know that was most likely just a game glitch, but for someone who hated Fallout New Vegas that is persevering a hard intro in order to get to what I have heard as such a good game, that piece was too much to handle. That is why my review is used as a warning. I don't want to rate this game so low with only 2 hours of actual gameplay, but I want people cautious about this game to see my review and be warned that the intro is very long. Expand
  52. Jul 5, 2013
    This is by far the best fps I've ever played, the random item and weapon system makes the game very addictive. I played this game the games I used to play were like Diablo 2 and somehow they found a way to mix those rpg elements into a very action packed fps. Your character develops and levels up through the game and the attributes you choose to build and the weapons you choose to wieldThis is by far the best fps I've ever played, the random item and weapon system makes the game very addictive. I played this game the games I used to play were like Diablo 2 and somehow they found a way to mix those rpg elements into a very action packed fps. Your character develops and levels up through the game and the attributes you choose to build and the weapons you choose to wield define your character. This is the game that got me hooked on the fps style gaming. If you like rpg games and have even an interest in fps games you will definitely love this game. Expand
  53. Jun 24, 2013
    Borderlands is a really well made game, but only if you play with your friend(s). It could be really boring if you play alone but this is a Co-op experience. With the awesome guns, the catch-a-ride, it's unique graphics it is a must play Loot-filled adventure.
  54. Jun 15, 2013
    This game is the definition of tedious. You know how they made enemies more difficult? They gave them bullet proof armour, that’s it. They made you click the fire button more at that enemy than at this other enemy. Some people seem to relish all the loot and finding a gun that deals a few extra points of damage, alas I am not one of those people. Especially when the menu system isThis game is the definition of tedious. You know how they made enemies more difficult? They gave them bullet proof armour, that’s it. They made you click the fire button more at that enemy than at this other enemy. Some people seem to relish all the loot and finding a gun that deals a few extra points of damage, alas I am not one of those people. Especially when the menu system is unchanged from the console version and the mouse handles terribly just like many other half-assed ports. This might be acceptable on a console, but it fails on the PC. 3/10 for some of the humour. Expand
  55. May 18, 2013
    If I had to say anything about this game, I would say meh. That's exactly what this game makes me feel around every corner. For the first few hours, you will be fighting nothing but bandits and skags (dogs) and the only difference is one dog would run at you while the other would jump at you, then breathe fire at you. The enemies take too much damage, even for an RPG, It would make moreIf I had to say anything about this game, I would say meh. That's exactly what this game makes me feel around every corner. For the first few hours, you will be fighting nothing but bandits and skags (dogs) and the only difference is one dog would run at you while the other would jump at you, then breathe fire at you. The enemies take too much damage, even for an RPG, It would make more sense for a pistol to kill in one clip if its equally leveled with the bandit than it taking like 7 clips. The elemental guns are okay idea, not properly implemented. Some normal bandits will carry them, and when you are fighting a group of them then suddenly one pulls you a fire gun, then you start taking super high damage...it can get a little cheap when you die. Which brings me to my next problem: When you die in borderlands you will go into this mode where you are on your knees and have to kill another enemy to get your "second wind" When down, you cannot aim down the sites. That sounds great on paper, but now when I'm taking too many hits I just almost kill an enemy so when I go down I can get right back up with half health. The 100,000+ guns are just re textures of the same 20-35 guns, with the occasional effect added on to it. Expand
  56. May 17, 2013
    One of the game I really wanted to like but eventually gave up on halfway through. While it has some originality and appeal, the game-play is highly repetitive to the point of being a boring grind. Them 'RPG element' is half-baked at best and while it does boast a lot of guns, you soon realise that all are just minor variations of a theme and are randomly generated. Also the auto respawnOne of the game I really wanted to like but eventually gave up on halfway through. While it has some originality and appeal, the game-play is highly repetitive to the point of being a boring grind. Them 'RPG element' is half-baked at best and while it does boast a lot of guns, you soon realise that all are just minor variations of a theme and are randomly generated. Also the auto respawn of enemies in cleared areas soon becomes very tedious. Perhaps this would be of more interest in multiplayer. Expand
  57. May 12, 2013
    Borderlands.
    Borderlands.
    The good things: Borderlands! The most badass action game I've ever played! There is a huge open world with a lot of different areas and a lot of different missions! You come in level and can even make your character better! Buy weapons to him for the money you either find or get to cope missions. You can run in different cars which can also shoot and blow a lot of air. The game is fun though there is a lot of violence, so when that comes bosses say just something fun about the boss. I could not help the game! I bought the "Game of the Year Edition" and has played more than 50 hours and still have not done it! FAR from.

The bad: The only thing I can say that is bad is multi player. There is no on and tedious, but it's probably because it is old and Borderlands 2 is out!

If you are into something far and game that you will never forget? Buy Borderlands It is something for almost a worth skyespils love!

Hint: Start by buying the '1 'even after the 2nd movie because there's a story!

Just bought Borderlands 2 and can not wait to play through it until I falderi asleep in front of my keyboard.

chri529r out
  58. May 10, 2013
    The funniest shooting game I ever played. I loved the art, the humors, and guns. For some reason I can overlook the lame-story telling in this game, which is quite uncommon (I normally rate game based on how good is the story overall). I had the GOTY version and played the game with a buddy and we kept laughing at all small funny things here and there.
  59. Apr 28, 2013
    Borderlands is one of the best games I have ever played, It is simply Legendary. Those who gave bad reviews probably never gave the game a chance and only played maybe a few hours of the game and gave up looking for more excitement. Borderlands is boring at first, But once you level up your character and start playing your character the way you want, It becomes so much fun, especially withBorderlands is one of the best games I have ever played, It is simply Legendary. Those who gave bad reviews probably never gave the game a chance and only played maybe a few hours of the game and gave up looking for more excitement. Borderlands is boring at first, But once you level up your character and start playing your character the way you want, It becomes so much fun, especially with friends. Side quest and main quest are repepitive and doesn't hold that much story, but that doesn't hold the fact that this is a loot drop game, Everybody will always be looking for the best weapons and upgrades. .ALL the time. Bosses in the game are very very well introduced, some are generic and some are awesome doesn't help the fact that fighting them is amazing and well rewarding with the loot system. The animation in the game is amazingly addictive for me. The cartoon style artwork with the enemies just blends in so perfect because of the arcade like combat. It blends in and a perfect mix to change your mood of this game. The combat is very very fun and getting critical is just a warm feeling in your tummy. The lines of your character is different for each of them and can be very funny, specifically when the berserker goes Berserk and starts to scream out randomly, It will always make me laugh. Borderlands is the ultimate RPG Shooter and will forever be in my arsenal. Just watch out, most of the players i've been with in co-op are hackers and have unlimited shields. Expand
  60. Apr 26, 2013
    That game is weird, stupid, pointless and looks like "backyard game". Why so good scores? I bought at steam and couldnt play more than 2 hours, really.
  61. Apr 6, 2013
    Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks
  62. Mar 30, 2013
    Borderlands is fun. I think it's the best game of it's year. It's addictive, the story is pretty good, the graphics are nice. Basically, I agree with everything Syrik said. Only, I think it deserves a higher rating than he gave it. There was a time when I was obsessed with this game. But then I beat the campaign and 2/3 DLC (this is excluding Moxxi because that's more of an arena thing toBorderlands is fun. I think it's the best game of it's year. It's addictive, the story is pretty good, the graphics are nice. Basically, I agree with everything Syrik said. Only, I think it deserves a higher rating than he gave it. There was a time when I was obsessed with this game. But then I beat the campaign and 2/3 DLC (this is excluding Moxxi because that's more of an arena thing to play with friends) I found it hard to get back into. It starts of pretty boring, then it gets great and fun, but the end is horrid. But that's all I have to add, Syrik said the rest.
    "This game is a very fun shooter, but with flaws. I'll go over the good first. The combat is entertaining and a touch different than other shooters. You get to tweak your character with different abilities to make unique builds which change how your character plays. The game randomly generates weapons so everything that drops is unique and a possible great find, it keeps you looking for loot. These things make it fun to play and the graphics are done in an art style like animation cells which I really like, it looks superb. The bad things bring it down however. The game scales terribly. As you do quests and gain exp. you will level too fast and quickly become too powerful, tearing through groups of enemies far too easily. A second play through with tougher enemies is possible, but not fun. You will start much higher level than foes and there is no challenge. The game is lacking several graphics controls on the options menu, which is stupid because the devs put the coding for the controls in the files, they just didn't make buttons. You will have to edit the .ini file yourself to turn on things like v-sync and get a widescreen point of view. Very lazy on the devs part there. Instructions for doing this are easy to find and it's not hard to do, but I shouldn't have to. So, overall Borderlands is a fun game that ends up being far too easy to play and has some basic setup options missing, but obtainable with manual editing on the users part." -syrik, Sep 8 2011 (rated 4/10)
  63. Mar 26, 2013
    I found Borderlands to be a very fun FPS, and I especially enjoyed the various RPG elements. I am a big fan of the leveling system, the skill trees, and the sheer variety of items and guns. The art style of the game is another huge plus, giving Borderlands a unique and distinctive feel. Combat itself works well, even if it gets a bit tedious and repetitive over time. In fact, I wouldI found Borderlands to be a very fun FPS, and I especially enjoyed the various RPG elements. I am a big fan of the leveling system, the skill trees, and the sheer variety of items and guns. The art style of the game is another huge plus, giving Borderlands a unique and distinctive feel. Combat itself works well, even if it gets a bit tedious and repetitive over time. In fact, I would say the overall "grindy" nature of the game was its biggest negative for me. I simply didn't sink the hours into this that I have into comparable games, and only ever bothered playing one of the characters through the story (the soldier). Still, Borderlands is fun, and well worth playing for fans of the genre. Expand
  64. Mar 20, 2013
    This game is one of the most entertaining FPS games I have played. The comedy, action, thrill are really great. But the problem is that you can become too powerful the game becomes boring but regardless it was my fault because I concentrated on getting the best guns. Still I wish they placed some mechanics to balance the game a little bit. Either way I love this game so much I haveThis game is one of the most entertaining FPS games I have played. The comedy, action, thrill are really great. But the problem is that you can become too powerful the game becomes boring but regardless it was my fault because I concentrated on getting the best guns. Still I wish they placed some mechanics to balance the game a little bit. Either way I love this game so much I have in both in Xbox 360 and PC. Expand
  65. Mar 7, 2013
    I generally suck at first person shooters but this game gave the opportunity to see where are the bullets coming from, and that's why i really liked it. Also love the loot hunting games with random stats just like Diablo.
  66. Feb 28, 2013
    A boring, shallow experience that is only made tolerable if you play it with friends, online. If my group is not online, I don't even bother running it. The kind of pedestrian thing like Diablo, World of Warcraft and such.
  67. Jan 24, 2013
    There is quite a bit of content in this game, especially if you have purchased the four DLCs which I would consider more like expansion packs. Gameplay is pretty standard for an FPS with RPG-like upgrading of your character, story is all right but keeps you on track regardless. What made it stand out for me was the game's blunt humor, the millions of guns (love procedural generated loot!)There is quite a bit of content in this game, especially if you have purchased the four DLCs which I would consider more like expansion packs. Gameplay is pretty standard for an FPS with RPG-like upgrading of your character, story is all right but keeps you on track regardless. What made it stand out for me was the game's blunt humor, the millions of guns (love procedural generated loot!) to choose from and best of all, co-op. It is best played with a friend or three since the game gets tougher but the drops from enemies get better.

I would recommend playing this start to finish before jumping into its sequel.
  68. Jan 23, 2013
    FUN as it is. Shoot, ride, blast, kill, enjoy.
    Hack'n'slash system works better than in first Mass Effect, and, personally, better than in classic hack'n'slash ARPG-s, because of the fact that this is freaking shooter.
    FUN as it is. Shoot, ride, blast, kill, enjoy.
    Plot is a bit dim and spread in the game in some very strange proportions, providing long and boring corridor to the final boss. The thing is - this game is not about a plot, in cooperative you won't even hear half of the the monologues behind the voice of your mates.
    Graphic style - just excellent. Game-design - solid, but with strange moments like passive rakk hive boss or same NPC appearing in different locations simultaneously.
  69. Jan 17, 2013
    Disappointment. I've played this game with great expectations, due to friends feedback and online reviews. In the beginning is funny to play, but then it become boring and repetitive. The plot is banal and bad narrated and seems generally only a mere trick to push you to play it. I've abandoned it after 15 hours, because I've read that it takes 25-30 hours.
  70. Jan 8, 2013
    Review By CDO............. PRO'S, Borderlands is without a doubt utterly revolutionary on their graphical uniqueness. But what catches your eyes is the way the comic style mirrors an almost indistinguishable reality, that slowly stops looking so comic style and merges into a state that you forget your playing comic artwork. The amount of customization is purely jaw dropping, from an almostReview By CDO............. PRO'S, Borderlands is without a doubt utterly revolutionary on their graphical uniqueness. But what catches your eyes is the way the comic style mirrors an almost indistinguishable reality, that slowly stops looking so comic style and merges into a state that you forget your playing comic artwork. The amount of customization is purely jaw dropping, from an almost limitless amount of different weaponry. You just keep finding that one gun that clearly rivals the one in your possession. Shields, mods, revolvers, sniper rifles, machine guns and pistols, rocket launchers, grenades, must I go on. The scale of items is so enormous and likable to the extent you become so addicted at finding the next weapon, that you don't really care about a bandit shooting you in the back of the head. As you gaze at a luminous and vibrant green revolver.. To explore it all and do the DLC's you are looking at about 44 hours of game-play, so short is not in the equation and I love it because of that. You can play several different characters, all with their unique abilities and because of the unique characters it gives the game a lot of replay-ability. CONS- Borderlands has a lot going for it, and a lot pulling it back. First off, most notable is the major glitches and I mean major. Bounty boards are scattered throughout Borderlands for you to make money and gain experience, but their are some bounty boards that appear on your map that just aren't their, actually no where. It's just like someone decide to put a town on a map and you get to the spot only to discover a boulder. This is borderlands... During mission like scavenging for parts for a machine gun, it will tell you that a piece is in a certain spot, the only problem is this. Lets say you pick up a different piece to the machine gun, instead of the one highlighted, at this point the one highlighted will disappear or it will appear on your map as if it is their, but it wont be. Now pretty much you have to scavenge the area in hopes in finding the piece wherever it now has been randomized. This can be difficult, when you just keep wanting to go where the arrow is pointing and knowing its not their. Missions that involved with a man named scooter is the most major problem in the game, if for some reason you do not help him right away like I did, you will return not able to talk to him. Yet the robot through the rest of game will harass you that scooter needs you for a little something something and will not drop it until 20 hours later when you beat the game. Yet no matter how many times you stop at scooters place, the robot will not stop telling you that he needs your help! Some glitches and hiccups in the game that I thought would have been patched, considering the game has been out for three years. Didn't this company look at their own map in their own game and go this isn't right. Or how about allowing the player to make a beacon on their map would be map making 401 for me. Borderlands gets repetitive, but really minor with all the gun fights. CONCLUSION- Borderlands by 2k is a remarkable start to a franchise that I look further into investing my precious hours. But the glitches are a shame to how long the game has been out, this should have been a problem addressed and fixed as soon as possible. But to leave it go after 3 years just because your developing the sequel is irresponsible. Nonetheless i had a lot of fun, awesome boss fights and killer weapons create a trifector of no nonsense yes I want more attitude. Borderlands for $5 dollars is a steal and I would have paid $40 for it, bottom line, it gets a 7.5 out of 11 for CD0...... Expand
  71. Dec 13, 2012
    A post-apoc "dungeon crawler" with countless randomized (and unique) guns. Fantastic when co-op with friends (or even with random people online since there is a lobby system) but boring as hell solo. With a lengthy main campaign, a multitude of sidequests, and a variety of character kit customization options, the core game will keep you occupied for a while. 4 DLCs (of varying quality) addA post-apoc "dungeon crawler" with countless randomized (and unique) guns. Fantastic when co-op with friends (or even with random people online since there is a lobby system) but boring as hell solo. With a lengthy main campaign, a multitude of sidequests, and a variety of character kit customization options, the core game will keep you occupied for a while. 4 DLCs (of varying quality) add significant gameplay changes and offer loads of new toys to collect. Definitely a lot of bang-for-your-buck considering how cheap it is now! Expand
  72. Dec 5, 2012
    This is one of my all-time favorite games after 2005, and that's really saying something.
    This game is really great, it sort of has this old school feel to it with FPS like Doom but still maintaining some new gen mechanics. Fighting many monsters with big epic guns and explosions with additions of RPG elements to it with many skills that for the most part are nice but are mostly kind of boring with skills like: more damage, faster reload, etc etc, but you have a main action skill for each class which doesn't suck and adds a lot to the game, the main action skill is really fun to play around with and you can upgrade it with not only other skills but also making it elemental. It also has some elements from dungeon, hack and slash games such Diablo and Torchlight such as picking a class that has different abilities and killing a lot of enemies that might drop a new gun, shield, grenade mod and money, loot loot loot! Grab it all and sell the remaining to a store for extra cash. Pretty cool main quests although the storyline itself isn't that great and not so interesting but really, with a game like this, storyline is almost optional. You also get side missions for extra loot and EXP and some are really interesting. The amount of guns in this game is really large! Each gun has different damage, accuracy and fire rate, so you will go through many guns finding the one that suits you the most. Another thing I want to talk about is boss fights, how often do you see nowadays FPS with a boss fight that has a health meter? Not much, but Borderlands has it and it does a well job with it. The level design is also a pretty bright thing in the game, it's incredibly well done and don't even get me started on Pandora itself, IT'S MASSIVE! The level design is so well done it actually allows for secrets, which again, is one of the more old school elements in the game and a fun to find while happily exploring the game. The game also has CO-OP, find some three more friends and have an absolute blast with this game, lots of laughs and fun is always nice. Overall the game is a near masterpiece with some very minor down sides to it, get the game and start firing away!
  73. Nov 30, 2012
    I played a lot of FPS games and still I was addicted to Borderlands. I thought I was playing an MMO with all the loots, missions and RPG elements. It is worth playing.
  74. Nov 25, 2012
    I'm not really a fan of FPS games in general, but this is one of my favorite games of all time. Skill-based critical hits are a new thing for me, but I have to say I like them. It was really the off-beat humor combined with just enough RPG elements for a fan of the genera like me that kept me coming back for two full playthroughs (1 to 50). You might think that it's out of date, butI'm not really a fan of FPS games in general, but this is one of my favorite games of all time. Skill-based critical hits are a new thing for me, but I have to say I like them. It was really the off-beat humor combined with just enough RPG elements for a fan of the genera like me that kept me coming back for two full playthroughs (1 to 50). You might think that it's out of date, but when you can buy copies for yourself and three friends for $15 on steam (when it goes on sale), you can easily find out what a difference the amazing co-op mode makes. PS: there are SO MANY GUNS! Expand
  75. Nov 24, 2012
    If they made Diablo II into a irreverent post apocalyptic first person shooter with tons of sidemissions, they would call it Borderlands. Think about it, everything people liked about Diablo II, save for the storyline, is present in Borderlands. You play in large part for the awesome loot that falls. The more people who play the harder the enemies and the better the drops. You will replayIf they made Diablo II into a irreverent post apocalyptic first person shooter with tons of sidemissions, they would call it Borderlands. Think about it, everything people liked about Diablo II, save for the storyline, is present in Borderlands. You play in large part for the awesome loot that falls. The more people who play the harder the enemies and the better the drops. You will replay certain areas and missions over and over because they have the best drops. There are multiple kinds of character that have linear tree builds that give your character a customized feel, but at higher levels your build doesn't matter as much because it's more about the loot. There are hours upon hours of excellent gameplay, the downloadable content is fantastic and as soon as you beat the game with one charachter, you look forward to playing through with the same character again or trying out a different character. I picked this one up real cheap on a Steam holiday sale and it was a steal. One of the best games of the past 5 years. I reserve 10 out of 10 reviews for games that are not only great the first time you play them, but are great a few months later or a few years later and which are as fun the second time through as the first. Borderlands is a 10 all the way. Expand
  76. Nov 21, 2012
    Compatibility issues. Compatibility issues? Really? Borderlands was an interesting, albeit slow paced experience, from what I've played. Then, shortly after updating cpu drivers(as one should regularly), TADAAAA! "Borderlands has stopped Working" Now, this is not an issue of files installed incorrectly due to a pirated copy, so all you white knights and internet police officers calm down.Compatibility issues. Compatibility issues? Really? Borderlands was an interesting, albeit slow paced experience, from what I've played. Then, shortly after updating cpu drivers(as one should regularly), TADAAAA! "Borderlands has stopped Working" Now, this is not an issue of files installed incorrectly due to a pirated copy, so all you white knights and internet police officers calm down. It's that the game surprisingly enough can only run at all using dx9, or setting affinity to one singular core with updated drivers. This is a very prominent problem among Steam users as well, who have not seen any response at all from Gearbox on the issue. Besides the obvious problems of the game not working though, the gameplay was painstaking. GO HERE. COLLECT THAT. SHOOT FOUR F*CKING PEOPLE. Mission Completed! And the setting. Grey grey grey grey gray brown grey light brown grey yellow gray grey rust gray grey grey. The graphics? For a game made quite some time ago it lags, even with sub-par graphics that it has on low or high alike. Sure, the cartoony feel to it is appealing for some, but aesthetically, it does not work. And customization of characters is limited. And 3 hours of gameplay gets you nowhere. NO. no no no no no. Go buy S.T.A.L.K.E.R., or Fallout 3. Just stay far, far, farrrrr away from this poorly made rpg regurgitation. Expand
  77. Nov 21, 2012
    Boring repetitiveness and the graphics absolutely suck. Somebody commented "fantastic art". Lol. Sure, if you never graduated from crayons as an art medium.
  78. Nov 14, 2012
    Enjoyable game with a decent story and great look environment. Co-op is great and the overall game is good however weapons and quests get a bit repetitive as the game goes on.
  79. Nov 14, 2012
    I can't say enough about this game- it's fun to play by yourself, but it's fantastic to play with friends. The game can be pretty easy during certain parts of the game, but certain bosses will be challenging. My brother and I are currently playing through endgame DLC content and we're having a blast while being constantly challenged. The only downsides to the game is that the plot is weakI can't say enough about this game- it's fun to play by yourself, but it's fantastic to play with friends. The game can be pretty easy during certain parts of the game, but certain bosses will be challenging. My brother and I are currently playing through endgame DLC content and we're having a blast while being constantly challenged. The only downsides to the game is that the plot is weak and not well distributed throughout the game and that there are very few customizable items outside of guns (just shields and character items). The talent system is great for creating diversified gameplay, but at the higher levels, you have pretty much every talent that you want maxed out- I wish there were a few more 'choices' you made that would have a significant impact on your character. I consider this game to be a must-buy if you have a friend you could throw down with, and a strong-buy if you're just playing by yourself. Expand
  80. Nov 11, 2012
    Never really got into the first one but this game is great. I would recommend bringing a friend or two along for the ride though. I think it is a lot more fun with friends and maybe a little easier too.
  81. Oct 17, 2012
    This game is like a dungeon crawler with guns and landscapes. Very RPG minded, but the action is very satisfying. Definitely more fun to play co-op, as the action can get a bit repetitive without somebody else in the mix to play strategies with. I would rate it higher, but the story line was so uninspired and convoluted, it actually took away from the game. They would have been betterThis game is like a dungeon crawler with guns and landscapes. Very RPG minded, but the action is very satisfying. Definitely more fun to play co-op, as the action can get a bit repetitive without somebody else in the mix to play strategies with. I would rate it higher, but the story line was so uninspired and convoluted, it actually took away from the game. They would have been better served not constantly barraging you with uninspired and cliche voice overs and keeping it simple. I just didn't feel the plot, regardless a fun game! Expand
  82. Oct 14, 2012
    A great game, but i found it very difficult to beat the game unless i had one other person helping me. aside from that this game was almost flawless with plenty of things to do in the open world.
  83. Sep 28, 2012
    Quite possibly one of the most overrated games of all time. I really don't find the entertainment value in this game. Perhaps I am crazy, or it's an issue with today's common gamer. This game is simply boring. There's nothing fun about it. That's a very bold statement, but I stand by it. The game treats you like you're a child with ADHD; there are flashy graphics, constant drops of itemsQuite possibly one of the most overrated games of all time. I really don't find the entertainment value in this game. Perhaps I am crazy, or it's an issue with today's common gamer. This game is simply boring. There's nothing fun about it. That's a very bold statement, but I stand by it. The game treats you like you're a child with ADHD; there are flashy graphics, constant drops of items and loot, and oh so silly jokes that would keep only those who find shows like Family Guy entertained. The game is an insult to my and, I would hope, most other gamer's intelligence. Yes, there is a lot of loot. And I found myself changing weapons and all my gear so quickly it'd make my head spin. The time I finally got a weapon I enjoyed using, another one would drop which was objectively better. This would happen throughout the game and it would happen multiple times in one hour. This leaves the whole looting system lose it's charm. While some would call it a rewarding system, I would argue it's the exact opposite. While it does make you feel good to upgrade a weapon, it happens so often that it just becomes a pointless mechanic. The game's humor is that on a 13 year old's who first started using curse words in front of his friends. The jokes are just dumb. Literally, just dumb. The multiplayer is just that, multiple people playing the same boring, dull, repetitive, and half-witted game. I am glad I got the game for free, but it's unfortunate I cannot get a refund. What a joke. Expand
  84. Sep 25, 2012
    I was lured by the beautiful graphics and the fantastic settings, only to realize halfay trough that this game is just an empty grindfest. It plays nice, the mechanics are fantastic, very well done game, but it was meant for co-operative play. Don't even try to play for the story, and I do not recommend solo mode either.
  85. Sep 20, 2012
    It's really great game at all ! But some issues like lag in multiplayer or that it's just port from consoles makes the game only 9/10 in my opinion.
  86. Sep 17, 2012
    Fun game but do not expect something good like Rage. If you want good shooter play Rage instead because shooting is kind of silly here. If you want PRG ... Well, play something else because here just like inn Rage just slight elements of RPG. But instead of that nice time killing fun game!
  87. Sep 11, 2012
    Love this game. Guns, loot, comedy, what more could you ask for? It obviously borrows from several other genres, but it gets it right and makes for a great time.
  88. Sep 1, 2012
    Excellent game at the core, but a very poor job porting it to PC by Gearbox. It's great fun by yourself or with friends - enemies scale based upon the number of players present which is very nice to see. I did notice a lot of FPS lag in numerous areas of the game though, the UI was also very blatantly brought from a console. Could have been a fantastic game if more time was put into makingExcellent game at the core, but a very poor job porting it to PC by Gearbox. It's great fun by yourself or with friends - enemies scale based upon the number of players present which is very nice to see. I did notice a lot of FPS lag in numerous areas of the game though, the UI was also very blatantly brought from a console. Could have been a fantastic game if more time was put into making it run well on PCs. Expand
  89. Aug 31, 2012
    You have to understand what type of a game it is first before playing it. It is as much of a RPG as it is a FPS. You are going to have to kill a lot of random animals and other pests that attack you constantly (which respawn constantly as well) in an open world. The gunplay is so much fun. Amazing variety and a great feel for shooting each gun. You are not given straight forward missions.You have to understand what type of a game it is first before playing it. It is as much of a RPG as it is a FPS. You are going to have to kill a lot of random animals and other pests that attack you constantly (which respawn constantly as well) in an open world. The gunplay is so much fun. Amazing variety and a great feel for shooting each gun. You are not given straight forward missions. You are given the availability to accept as many missions into your "quest log" as possible and then "activate" any of those quests in any order you want to prioritize to complete them. So do you see? It is an RPG as much as it is a FPS. It is MUCH better at being a FPS but the RPG is really fun as well and it is no drag. 9/10. Expand
  90. Aug 24, 2012
    Yes the game has some shortcomings. However it is highly enjoyable. If you love loot grabbing, guns blazing, with slick humor then buy this game.

I see too many bad reviews here because of the graphics or the randomization system. Yes, even I wish the system was better. However the graphics were intentionally done this way - it makes the game look unique and very cool. When you see screenshots of this game you know its Borderlands and not another game.

The second game is coming out. If you are thinking of getting it BUY THIS GAME FIRST AND PLAY IT. The 2nd will be better and would spoil anyone who would go from the second game to the first.
  91. Aug 20, 2012
    I really enjoy this game and I've played so many hours of it but it's ruined once you get t0 around level 45 or so because the enemies do so much damage that you have no choice but to hid and pop out and shoot them, then wait for your shield to recharge. It ruins the fun of the game at the end which makes it not fun to play at the end of the second play through and subsequent DLC.
  92. Aug 17, 2012
    Just the worst game I've ever played. BL is an example of anti-game. Not fun. Not entertainment. The idea was great, but in the end is just one more in a million.
  93. Jul 31, 2012
    I bought the game, tried and hated it twice and let it collect dust. Two years later I gave it another go and I finally got into it with one simple change. DISABLE MOUSE SMOOTHING. I cannot stress enough how important that is. The game has some problems like Gamespy, mediocre writing and story and poor animations/physics. With bad mouse lag (think Bioshock, but worse) they are glaring.I bought the game, tried and hated it twice and let it collect dust. Two years later I gave it another go and I finally got into it with one simple change. DISABLE MOUSE SMOOTHING. I cannot stress enough how important that is. The game has some problems like Gamespy, mediocre writing and story and poor animations/physics. With bad mouse lag (think Bioshock, but worse) they are glaring. With sharp, accurate controls they are easy to ignore and make the good stuff like loot, large world and equally fun single player and co-op stand out. Unconditional recommendation once you edit the input confit file. Expand
  94. Jul 31, 2012
    In 1-Player mode, is an extremely bored and repetitive game after only a few hours of gaming. Surely, it gains a lot of interesting features if played in coo-op mode.
  95. Jul 29, 2012
    This game is everything I love about first person shooters and rpgs, and this is what they call a RPS, roleplaying shooter, the game has awesome stylized graphics, the story is somewhat there, but you are more immersed in intense difficult arcade style battles. The rpg element works like a standard open world map, as you play, you kill stuff, gain experience and weapons, and level upThis game is everything I love about first person shooters and rpgs, and this is what they call a RPS, roleplaying shooter, the game has awesome stylized graphics, the story is somewhat there, but you are more immersed in intense difficult arcade style battles. The rpg element works like a standard open world map, as you play, you kill stuff, gain experience and weapons, and level up throughout the game, as you progress, other areas open up and as you explore certain areas, just like an rpg, there are enemies that are difficult to defeat because of their higher level and you have to come back only when you are leveled up enough to battle them. Overall fun game, the Co-op is what makes this game shine, otherwise it is utterly boring and hard as hell by yourself. The DLCs add on extra value to the game and the world that you explore. Expand
  96. Jul 22, 2012
    Ist zwar ein gutes spiel wird aber irgendwann langweilig ._.''
  97. Jul 21, 2012
    It's a fun game. Grapics are okay, but the *design* is actually really good: original, never got old for me. I enjoy the balance between complexity and simplicity of the skill system: you only have on real skill, but how you spec it out, and how you use it, is still quite interesting. It has a lot in common with Diablo, the addictive nature of the loots gathering, but it's maybe moreIt's a fun game. Grapics are okay, but the *design* is actually really good: original, never got old for me. I enjoy the balance between complexity and simplicity of the skill system: you only have on real skill, but how you spec it out, and how you use it, is still quite interesting. It has a lot in common with Diablo, the addictive nature of the loots gathering, but it's maybe more engaging, because of it's FPS nature. I would call it almost perfect, for what it is: a relatively mindless (because it doesn't require deep strategies), but not at all easy, very addictive game. It's between an 8 and a 9 for me. I'll go with 8, because it gets a bit too repetitive after a while: enemies look to similar, and they're not acting very smart. If Borderlands 2 has more varied enemies and a more complex AI, it can be a 9, and become *the* perfect addictive game, even beating Diablo. Expand
  98. Jul 19, 2012
    I've had more fun playing this game than I have any other FPS style game ever. The humor is campy which I love and the cell shader art is excellent. It also has some of the best music I've heard in a game and it fits the style perfectly. The DLC's are great too! The Zombie Island DLC dialog is genius and made me burst out laughing several times. Borderlands 2 is out soon and I hope it canI've had more fun playing this game than I have any other FPS style game ever. The humor is campy which I love and the cell shader art is excellent. It also has some of the best music I've heard in a game and it fits the style perfectly. The DLC's are great too! The Zombie Island DLC dialog is genius and made me burst out laughing several times. Borderlands 2 is out soon and I hope it can live up to its little brother's fun factor. Whoever said this game is like FPS Diablo with guns hit the nail on the head. Good times! Expand
  99. Jun 17, 2012
    I don't know what so special about this game. I just feel this game is fun. I have all four characters got to maximum lvl. I enjoyed playing it. Worth playing!
  100. Jun 14, 2012
    This first person shoot-n-loot ARPG brims with a charm and humor that are complimented by an engaging combative exploration experience and hindered only by an unfortunately flawed PC port and multiplayer connectivity issues.
  101. May 17, 2011
    This game brought in a lot of old ideas, added some new ones, and threw in coop. If there is one thing that I love, its coop. The story line is original but does not play a big part in the actual game. The biggest aspect of this game is the coop and the mass amount of guns. Oh there are so many guns. Add the DLC on top of that with even more guns included, and by the end you haveThis game brought in a lot of old ideas, added some new ones, and threw in coop. If there is one thing that I love, its coop. The story line is original but does not play a big part in the actual game. The biggest aspect of this game is the coop and the mass amount of guns. Oh there are so many guns. Add the DLC on top of that with even more guns included, and by the end you have closer friends and an arsenal. Collapse

It's something action role-playing game fans looking for an experience more up-close and brutal than genre entries of the third-person variety should have a blast with, and one of the more memorable products of 2009.
  2. With tons of weapons to find, a great co-op system, fantastic art, and a whole bunch of exploding bodies, Borderlands is worth your money. Even when I feel that the game is starting to get repetitive, there's something about it that keeps me playing.
  3. I think you'll agree that when you've got guns blazing from four players at once and loot is flying everywhere, Borderlands easily makes up for any perceived shortcomings.