8.3

1. Apr 19, 2012
    Another masterpiece from Amanita Design. Great visuals and stylization with breathtaking sounds and music from DVA band and funny puzzles. I am glad for preordering.
  2. Apr 22, 2012
    Endless joy and a micro world full of wonders awaits you on an adorable adventure to save mother nature's life. Do not even think about missing this outstanding piece of art! Well done, amanita and thank you so much.
  3. Apr 22, 2012
    There is more joy per line of code in Botanicula than just about any other game ive played. Its truly wonderful. Already one of my favorite games of the year. Im a big Machinarium fan.... and i think Botanicula might be better. Its more accessible, and even more charming (a feat which i thought was not possible). Everybody should buy it.
  4. Apr 19, 2012
    One of the best indie games to come out this year. I recommend playing with headphones in order to drown out all other sound and get completely immersed in Botanicula's masterfully created world. The music is perfect for the game, as are the sound effects. A joy to play for sure!
  5. Apr 19, 2012
    This game is great! when I bought it I did expect an artistic experience, filled to the brim with great graphics, music, atmosphere and art. This I got with the addition of a great and truly unique game to boot! An absolute purchase
  6. dak
    Apr 19, 2012
    A beautiful world with a soul, where the group of several adorable friends are trying to do something good together. We can learn from them. Giving it 10/10, because I can not find a single reason to take even one point from it's score. Personally, I would be glad to have more of such games.
  7. Apr 20, 2012
    I'm feeling sorprised, this year is the year of the PC, have much excellent games this year (Tribes: Ascend, Legend of Grimrock for example), and Botanicula is no exception, is excellent, funny, addictive, nice, colorful, etc. The gameplay is simple but addictive, tha graphics yeah again simple but beautiful. Amanita Desing create other excellent game.
  8. Apr 26, 2012
    Really fun and super cute. The scenes are less diverse than in other Amanita games, but the characters visuals, and music are as charming as ever.
  9. Apr 28, 2012
    In an industry increasingly saturated with derivative, soulless clones engineered only for profit, experiments like Botanicula shine like a beacon of light in the dark. A pleasure for the senses, and a journey very much worth experiencing at a very humble price without ads or insulting the player intelligence.
  10. Jul 23, 2012
    This game, more than any other one I've played in the recent years, has reminded me that people are supposed to have fun while playing. If your idea of fun does not consist mainly of headshotting virtual avatars, getting somewhere in the shortest time possible or butchering hordes of evil minions, consider giving this game a try. If you like to think, make sense of things or solveThis game, more than any other one I've played in the recent years, has reminded me that people are supposed to have fun while playing. If your idea of fun does not consist mainly of headshotting virtual avatars, getting somewhere in the shortest time possible or butchering hordes of evil minions, consider giving this game a try. If you like to think, make sense of things or solve puzzles/mysteries/whatever needs to be solved and if you enjoy weird humour, trippy sounds and visuals or absurd surprises, you'll love this game. If you like easter eggs or just clicking on things to see what happens, this is a MUST for you. I've spent maybe half the time clicking on the environment to see what happens and deliberately not progressing through the game and I got not only quite a lot of good laughs out of it, but the game even rewarded me for having fun by a few fun surprises at the end. Which is telling, because the developes themselves clearly had a lot of fun making this game. From the quaint yet charming story and weird yet gorgeous visuals to the wonderfully trippy sound effects, all of which consist of either voices or musical instruments. From the introductory animation the game invites you to have FUN. Which I certainly did. Expand
  11. May 6, 2012
    This is a positively delightful game! I've never played a game that's simultaneously so:
    1) Visually appealing;
    2) Aurally appealing; 3) Relaxing; 4) Smile-provoking; and 5) Engaging ...as Botanicula is. Other games have certainly mastered one or more of these traits, but I've never seen them all in the same place like this, before. Even Amanita's other games (Machinarium, Samorost 2,
    1) Visually appealing;
    2) Aurally appealing;
    3) Relaxing;
    4) Smile-provoking; and
    5) Engaging
    ...as Botanicula is. Other games have certainly mastered one or more of these traits, but I've never seen them all in the same place like this, before. Even Amanita's other games (Machinarium, Samorost 2, etc.) haven't quite "hit the nail on the head" like this one does. (They're all quite enjoyable, though, for those who haven't yet tried them.)

Additionally, Botanicula has a killer sound track that's completely unlike anything I've ever heard before. I purchased this game from Humble Indie Bundle (humblebundle.com--April 2012 bundle), and it came with access to a DRM-free download of the complete soundtrack (plus a bunch of other great games, a feature-length indie film, Steam keys, etc.).

Finally, I had an issue with being "stuck" in a section, and having read/watched walkthroughs for the section, came to the conclusion that it was probably a bug. I contacted Amanita Design via their web page and explained the situation, and after a few days of troubleshooting, they showed me what I needed to do to keep going. (The person I talked to had to do some figuring of his own, and got back to me as soon as he solved it.) I don't quite know if it was actually a bug, or if the solution was intentionally idiosyncratic (and other people hadn't noticed), or if I just happened to screw something up; but the level of prompt, one-on-one, back-and-forth problem solving that the developers were willing to engage in definitely places them in "star customer service" territory, in my "book."

The one thing I could see people complaining about with this game is that it's only 4 hours long (the way I played, anyway). Still, this level of mastery is basically a "Shakespearean sonnet" of gaming, so I don't consider this a fault at all, as I would in lesser titles.

Bottom line: BUY THIS GAME! Even if you're not into puzzle(/adventure) games (as I'm generally not), I can pretty much guarantee you'll enjoy this one immensely; and for the price--at humblebundle.com, gog.com, or elsewhere--there's no denying that you'll be "making out like a bandit"--which is just the way I like it. :-) It even runs on Mac, Linux, and Android, too!
  12. Aug 1, 2012
    This game is pure amazing. Aside from portal 1 and 2, this is the only game that has made me actually laugh out loud. I feel happy while playing this game and yearn to see whats next around the corner for the group of freinds. Amanita Design keeps one upping itself with its games from that first one (forgot name) which was a great little adventure with great art, to machinarium which isThis game is pure amazing. Aside from portal 1 and 2, this is the only game that has made me actually laugh out loud. I feel happy while playing this game and yearn to see whats next around the corner for the group of freinds. Amanita Design keeps one upping itself with its games from that first one (forgot name) which was a great little adventure with great art, to machinarium which is still one of my all time favorite games due to its charming story and excellent art style and the way the story is told, and now with Botanicula, its greatest game yet. The story is told perfectly through small blurbs from other creatures, the puzzles are not too challenging which is perfect for this game, there is a lot of variety in the actions you take and the options you have for a point and click game, but most of all, the MUSIC AND ART ARE SIMPLY AMAZING. Perfect color scheme, perfect x2 music and an amazing story make this game of of the most enjoyable experiences Ive ever had gaming and you should really purchase this game to support Amanita Design so they can keep one upping themselves. Awesome job. Expand
  13. Dec 20, 2012
    Major WTF! Super original, nothing you've ever played before. Just warm milk you sip and enjoy at every click. Proves that golden era of 80s video games is not dead: games that were not just based on graphics but on substance and originality. Don't copy, create. Bravo!
  14. Dec 24, 2012
    A real masterpiece of poetic video gaming! A great game that should be tried by every fan of great art, atmosphere and puzzles! Congratulations to Amanita Design!
  15. Dec 31, 2012
    This is one of the most imaginative, sweet, and endearing games I've ever played. It's not that much of a challenge, but the enjoyment of this game, for me, was in the exploration and interaction with the beautiful environments.
  16. May 18, 2012
    Anyone who bad talks this game obviously hasn't played it. Once again this Indie company has blown my socks off, and I am one critical cynical bastard when it comes to PC games. *Beautiful art and story
    *I smiled countless times because of the clever compositions *Just as amazing as Machinarium (Obvious differences-You can't compare a mechanical and gritty world to a biological one)
    *Fun
    *Fun and exciting puzzles
    *Smooth & brilliant sounds as well animations
    *Challenging, but not impossible to a point where one is burned out

Any trolls that give this review anything below an 9+ have no soul!
  17. Jun 5, 2012
    Botanicula may look like your average point-and-click adventure game on the surface, but the outstanding artistic design, the fantastic music and the heartwarming story and its mere charm make it a gem amongst its genre.
  18. Jul 26, 2012
    Best point and click game since Monkey Island in my opinion, all the details are amazing, best game for 10 dollars ever. Another Masterpiece from Amanita design, perfect game from adults, childrens everyone. totally worth it.
  19. May 7, 2012
    I found Botanicula's whimsical take on biology absolutely enchanting. Five unlikely heroes wander through the forest attempting to banish the evil parasites, and meet many fantastical and adorable creatures along the way. Learn enough about a new creature and you will receive a collectible card. This adds a lot of replayability as it's fun to try to collect all the cards.

The visuals and

The visuals and sound are superb and fit perfectly with the overall feel of the game.
  20. May 13, 2012
    Everything about this game was perfect. The graphics are well drawn, the sound effects (probably made by someone's mouth) are astonishingly cute, and the story was really moving. I liked this better than the already perfect Machinarium.

And the idea of collecting cards about anything you see was really nice although I won't play it again just to collect them all. But if you are the kind of guy who tries to get all the "achievements" then this is for you.
  21. May 22, 2012
    Rarely does a game hold any type of facination, Botanicula is simply amazing, its so original and so unique its hard to put into words, the sound effects are excellent, the visuals are inspiring to say the least, the gameplay is point and click (some may or may not like this). I was just in awe the whole way through this game, never knowing whats comming next, never really understandingRarely does a game hold any type of facination, Botanicula is simply amazing, its so original and so unique its hard to put into words, the sound effects are excellent, the visuals are inspiring to say the least, the gameplay is point and click (some may or may not like this). I was just in awe the whole way through this game, never knowing whats comming next, never really understanding what im doing, but i dont think the 5 friends knew either, its a journey of uncertainty...its all so strange, but intrigueing at the same time....10 bucks for this game is a steal, if you like point and click games this is a MUST! Expand
  22. May 21, 2012
    just beautiful! the ambientation, the living creatures, the sounds, the colors, the story... its a dream, as usual with Amanita games, i liked the animation too and the interaction with the environment, very creative. machinarium-like game style, but fresh and original, its a must have for any fan of this genre, and for me its one of the best games of 2012.
  23. May 9, 2012
    From the Quirky sounds to the fun gameplay to the fun puzzles that didn't make you sit there for hours, this game was a delight to play. The visuals are just awesome and proves that you don't have to use Unreal 3 to make a good game.

One slight quirk was some puzzles and aspects of the game got repetitive, but that while it was SLIGHTLY annoying, in no way hindered the overal fun of the game.

My verdict?

Great game. One of the best Point and Clicks ever made.

Oh, one more thing. @rainbow19 WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING?? THIS GAME IS A POINT AND CLICK. YOU POINT. AND YOU CLICK. WHAT ELSE MUST YOU GUYS WANT? AN FPS?
  24. Apr 30, 2012
    Amanita Desing, se caracteriza en proponer una experiencia nueva en cuanto a juegos de computadora se trata, lo que hace que es pieza se escape a lo que comúnmente se entiende como un juego de vídeo y lo sitúa más cerca a lo que una obra de arte se refiere, inspiradora para todo creador y aquel que no sintió las ganas deAmanita Desing, se caracteriza en proponer una experiencia nueva en cuanto a juegos de computadora se trata, lo que hace que es pieza se escape a lo que comúnmente se entiende como un juego de vídeo y lo sitúa más cerca a lo que una obra de arte se refiere, inspiradora para todo creador y aquel que no sintió las ganas de participar en el desarrollo de una obra de arte como esta, pues no entendió lo que Amanita Desing propuso con este impecable juego. Su mayor logro es superarse después de Machinarium Expand
  25. May 12, 2012
    it was love at first sight.the cute characters,the beautiful environment,the calming music....
    the puzzles are fairly simple and i like it because you don't get frustrated.plus it is cross platform and supports linux! the developers have taken a good step to sell it as a part of humble bundle,allowing the buyers to decide the price,as many of them would have pirated it if it was sold at,say, 30 dollars.though the developers should stop using adobe flash or adobe air as they are not well supported under linux.
  26. May 25, 2012
    Extremely original and very quirky. This industry could take some notes from this simple yet satisfying game. Also very engaging for my 5 year old daughter, for her to find, explore, and solve the puzzles.
  27. Jun 4, 2012
    Lovely game. Really nicely styled graphics and excellent sound. The puzzles can be a bit simple and the game is short, but for the cheap price this really is a very good package.
  28. Jan 16, 2014
    Beautiful art, fun design, unique setting. Generally interesting, at times tedious. The puzzle solutions are more a matter of clicking everything in sight than actual challenge, and finding your way around some levels can be obnoxious. Complaints aside, I found the game way too short (that's a compliment there). Purchased it as a part of the Humble Bundle sale and it was well worth it.
  29. Aug 1, 2012
    This is a great game. I think it's more about art and music. Not so difficult to finish and not for all. If you love AMANITA i recommend this title but if you know them for the first time it's not the one that i should play first. Go to their website and play some free game! Botanicula is a masterpiece! And the music too! 9
  30. Aug 23, 2012
    Gorgeous game. Amazing soundtrack and artwork! The storyline was simple and cute, and the entire game was just filled with life! And it's available on Macs as well, get it on Steam and you'll be doing yourself a favour.
  31. Jul 29, 2013
    In its genre (point-and-click adventure) it's pretty good. The artwork is an absolute masterpiece. The sounds, too. Giving it 9/10 because I'm just not that much into adventure games and find their gameplay not really fun enough: just click at all places to try everything out until something randomly fits. But if you like the genre and this type of games, you will like it. Frankly, whenIn its genre (point-and-click adventure) it's pretty good. The artwork is an absolute masterpiece. The sounds, too. Giving it 9/10 because I'm just not that much into adventure games and find their gameplay not really fun enough: just click at all places to try everything out until something randomly fits. But if you like the genre and this type of games, you will like it. Frankly, when seeing such games, I pity the artists. So much talent and so much astonishing artwork simply don't deserve to be put into a game, because games are just a different type of medium. It's just like using Rafael's paintings as illustrations for a detective story the levels are just so different. Expand
  32. Mar 8, 2014
    Botanicula is an amazing story of five friends, and their quest to save the botanical world from an evil thread, that consumes all nature life force. They will journey into a delightful world of astonishing graphical art and fascinating sounds, making their way through the very clever and logical puzzles with simple and imaginative mechanics. Almost everything in this world interacts withBotanicula is an amazing story of five friends, and their quest to save the botanical world from an evil thread, that consumes all nature life force. They will journey into a delightful world of astonishing graphical art and fascinating sounds, making their way through the very clever and logical puzzles with simple and imaginative mechanics. Almost everything in this world interacts with your presence, not so often providing even more beauty, and funny ways to play a role at the amazing, hypnotic soundtrack.

The game is too short (5 hours) and the Steam layer doesn't work - that's everything bad i can point about it, and those who have some patience about the slow beginning will experience an awesome game by Amanita Design - maybe even better than the acclaimed Machinarium.
  33. Feb 14, 2013
    This game is strange, but it has a unique atmosphere and charm. All the characters are cute and some situations are so funny. The graphic and music are perfect and different, and all the animal sound are so amusing. The only flaw is that it's too short.
  34. Apr 18, 2013
    This is one of the best point-and-click games I've ever played. It's simple, yet pretty tricky to finish. It's great soundtrack and the way it tells you its story turn Botanicula in an actual experience. It's not a very long game but it will keep you occupied a couple of days. Buy it and you won't regret it.

For what Botanicula tries to be, the only reason I can't give a full 10 is the

For what Botanicula tries to be, the only reason I can't give a full 10 is the fact that I can't get myself to do another playthrough.
  35. Jul 28, 2013
    Beautiful design and colors, amazing music and sounds. This soft and relaxing game lacks general storytelling (I had no idea what was going on, I can only say the game progress was quite trippy), but everything else is mesmerizing You are going to feel so good playing this, that's the style of Amanita design and they delivered again.
  36. Sep 3, 2013
    Such a wonderful little gem. A fantastic voyage into a fascinating little world of wonders. The art style as well as the fantastic sound and music give you an unique experience, a journey, that most bigger titles can't deliver anymore. I wonder, is there something wrong or right with games today, if small independent games like this give you more joy and memorable moments as some AAA titles?
  37. Ume
    Nov 21, 2013
    Surrealist piece of video game art! Very surprising at time, adorable humor, cute characters, bright and lively visuals, amazing soundtrack, clever puzzles.Botanicula explores themes of nature, cooperation and discovery; awe-inspiring and very charming. As with other Amanita titles, the game tells a story without words and has a very unique style. Glad to see more devs sending eco-friendlySurrealist piece of video game art! Very surprising at time, adorable humor, cute characters, bright and lively visuals, amazing soundtrack, clever puzzles.Botanicula explores themes of nature, cooperation and discovery; awe-inspiring and very charming. As with other Amanita titles, the game tells a story without words and has a very unique style. Glad to see more devs sending eco-friendly messages. Our planet is beautiful and all efforts should be undertaken to protect Life. Expand
  38. Feb 9, 2014
    This game is nice relax and if you are looking for something what can bring smile on your face. There is no blood, but tree and small heroes and beautiful scenery with nice background sound and music.
    When you start, you can see tree and many typical and untypical creatures on it. Almost everything is click able and each click starts some interaction. For correct clicking you can get awards - cards. Clicking is not the main objective. In first part, you have to find 3 feathers. First is easy, second is able to find, if you clicking on correct place and you are following interactions. For third you have to test your characters. Only on of them is able to bring 3rd feather. It's first challenge, than there are coming another challenges.
    There is not able to die in this game. There is no blood, nobody is killed. It's nice for children, relax and curiosity.
  39. Dec 7, 2014
    I rarely score games a perfect 10 - but what this game attempts to do, it does perfectly.
    I enjoyed every bit of its enigmatic, bizarre puzzles.
    It is original in its art, sound, music, and its concept is fresh and fun.

1. Aug 31, 2012
    Botanicula can't hide its shortcomings, mostly the short duration (about three hours for completion), the non-existent replay value and the tiresome transitions between riddles in the hub. However, its magic atmosphere, the surrealistic portrayal of nature and the happy disposition that sips through from this strange world, compile a unique title, true to the standards of its Czech developers. [July 2012]
  2. Jun 29, 2012
    Botanicula is a wonderful tale in which one loves getting lost; a real puzzler to have fun with; and a genuine visual and sound art piece.
  3. Jun 12, 2012
    A different kind of adventure, in a very different kind of world that wastes no time before growing on you.