5.8

1. Feb 17, 2011
    I bought this game thinking that the Physx hardware accelerating was gong to produce some amazing visual explosions. Sadly the maps are unimaginative and very bland. The draw of the game is that the whole environment is destructible... this is false... only the buildings are. The screenshots look amazing but the game looks nothing like this.. at least on the PC. I also tried playingI bought this game thinking that the Physx hardware accelerating was gong to produce some amazing visual explosions. Sadly the maps are unimaginative and very bland. The draw of the game is that the whole environment is destructible... this is false... only the buildings are. The screenshots look amazing but the game looks nothing like this.. at least on the PC. I also tried playing with Nvidia's 3d Vision and found a lot of rendering depth errors, despite Nvidia's stamp of approval as a "meant to be played on Nvidia" game. The movement is SLOW... these are crazy slow paced games that is based on camping the whole time. If you really want a great better looking game I recommend Far Cry 2. Expand
  2. Jan 27, 2011
    An interesting looking game ruined by a very badly ported menu system, amazingly badly designed multiplayer browser (Why on earth would you ever want it to sort all the FULL servers to the top by default? Why can't you hide full or empty servers? Why can't you sort by player count? Why does it notify all your Steam friends that you joined a game every time you click a server?) andAn interesting looking game ruined by a very badly ported menu system, amazingly badly designed multiplayer browser (Why on earth would you ever want it to sort all the FULL servers to the top by default? Why can't you hide full or empty servers? Why can't you sort by player count? Why does it notify all your Steam friends that you joined a game every time you click a server?) and surprisingly poor networking (for a multiplayer *only* game!) Of the 30 servers I attempted to join during my 20 minute play time, I managed to get into 4. 3 of them lost connection after the first shot was fired, and the last one somehow managed to give me a brief 2 minute run where I was the only player moving, and none of the guns worked.
    Eager to see if I had wasted £7.99 and half an hour of my life, I made my own server, and spent 5 minutes blowing holes in everything. It was fairly satisfying, and looks like something I would want to play, if it actually worked.
    Overall:
    Graphics 6/10 - The textures were fairly high quality, but the lighting was naff which made every scene look terrible
    Interface 1/10 - None of the standard keyboard shortcuts worked, and the server browser was terrible. However, all of the buttons appeared to do what they should so it has a point in it's favour.
    Gameplay 7/10 - I like blowing holes in things.
    Multiplayer 0/10 - It DID NOT WORK AT ALL.
    Overall: 1/10 - Great features that were impossible to use.
  3. Feb 2, 2011
    Not worth getting. Its a Counter Strike wanna-be. The movement and gameplay is crap, in my opinion.
    If only i could have played a demo before i bought the game, i wouldn't have bought it.
    Oh well. I learnt my lesson.
  4. Feb 12, 2011
    utterly half-arsed in every conceivable way. utterly half-arsed in every conceivable way. utterly half-arsed in every conceivable way. ("Your review must be at least 150 characters long.")
  5. Feb 22, 2011
    Just bad. The mouse sensitivity is terribly fast, even on the lowest sensitivity settings. The graphics make this look like a game from 2005, and the sounds are very generic. If you want a realistic, destructive, and fun shooter, stick with Bad Company 2. Don't waste money on this crap.
  6. Jan 24, 2014
    This game has been removed from steam for being too buggy and unplayable. If you find it somewhere, do not buy it. I gave this one a decent midrange review and whatnot but now you can't even play it, so avoid if you find it.
  7. Mar 3, 2011
    Breach is total and utterly boring. I played for a bit on the computer. SO im basing my review on that. I didn't even pay for it thankfully. My friend got it for me with a gift on steam. Its game play is generic. It feels like a bad watered down Battlefield BC2 game. Theres not much good at all i can say about breach. Its brought nothing new to the table and isnt even that fun to play.Breach is total and utterly boring. I played for a bit on the computer. SO im basing my review on that. I didn't even pay for it thankfully. My friend got it for me with a gift on steam. Its game play is generic. It feels like a bad watered down Battlefield BC2 game. Theres not much good at all i can say about breach. Its brought nothing new to the table and isnt even that fun to play. All the people posting a 2 or better are people who have probably never played any good fps games like Golden Eye(n64) counter strike, or modern warfare 1... Expand
  8. May 4, 2011
    So what is Breach, breach is a first person shooter with some great concepts and in theory, should be a runaway success for Atomic games, but sadly this is in no way the case.

Breach is a FPS with a nice little twist to it, everything is destructible. unlike the bad company series, in breach the destruction is so good that you can shoot out a single brick to peer through. sadly this is the PC version and does not execute this very well on a lower end system (which is what i played it on).

Lets get this straight, when i buy a game i try my hardest to like it even when i know it's terrible, but in breaches case, it was just unacceptable. when i bought the game the first thing i noticed was 18FPS, as i said, i am using a lower end system but it can very easily run Bad Company 2 on the lowest and run well, breach doesn't even look that good, why is it so laggy.

secondly the controls are awful, mouse smoothing is compulsory unless you edit the .ini file, and this is probably the worst example of mouse smoothing i have ever experienced, with my sensitivity on 1 (yes the lowest) my gun was swinging around like crazy

For a multiplayer only game you would expect their to be fairly good servers right, well another let down. The game does support dedicated servers and from what I've heard the tool isn't that good because you have to leave the program open for the server t remain open completely defeating the purpose of a dedicated server in the first place. anyway, almost all servers run with the dedi tool, and sadly if you try entering one of these, you enter an infinite loading loop, so you can't play.

next the developers are reluctant to fix these issues and they are aware of them, they have known about the issues from the second day the game was out. four months later and all they hgave done is add Russian as a language... yay.

in conclusion, the game has some great concepts backing it up, it just can't deliver which is disappointing. i'm am sure that the Xbox version of this game is great but on PC it is bad, so bad that i was even able to get a refund (yes it is possible). if you have a super computer capable of launching rockets, this game will run at a nice 40 fps and you may enjoy it, until you get into a in infinite loading loop.

1. Mar 31, 2011
    Buy it if you want to see Six Days in Fallujah someday. Though donating to Atomic Games directly would be less painful. [Apr 2011, p.71]
  2. Mar 21, 2011
    Breach combines most of the achievements across the genre in one very budget package. [Mar 2011, p.112]
  3. Feb 25, 2011
    Glitches can be fixed, but no patch can make Breach a deeper game. It takes a day or two to study it inside out, and come to a realization that you have wasted 15 dollars.