6.1

1. May 10, 2011
    What can I say, I love this game. Is it like any other game on the market? Bits from here and pieces from there. What is great about Brink is that it pulls in aspects from so many other games and puts it into an amazing package. Coming from a RTCW and ET background, no other game has come close to filling in the void that my first real game has created. Finally something has come to fit the bill. What you have here is a team based game. Maps are driven by objectives instead of kills and each person is vital in some way to the success of the team. Add in fast movements and actual gunfights that don't end from a single bullet and you start to see what Brink offers. Definitely a great buy for me. Expand
  2. May 10, 2011
    I played it. It's not as good as I hoped (the objectives are stupid--just walk up and hold down a button). But honestly COD has some REALLY STUPID stuff about it too. Like AIRSTRIKES in FPS Multiplayer! You don't put AIRSTRIKES in a competitive MP FPS game--it's not competitive FPS-wise. Brink reminds me of team fortress 2--i have not played tf2 but I saw a bit of video.
    I like Brink. I've
    only played single player offline. The computer is not that smart, but it's playable. I'd give it a 8/10 for now. If the graphics gets fixed to high-end PC standards, I'd give it an 9/10. Offline. I have not tried online yet.
    Really, the graphics look dated in actual gameplay. I already know PC will rule in graphics unless there is some kind of bug keeping the 360 from showing the graphics properly. Brink is supposed to have superb graphics and so for I only see that in the gun selection screen. Blame the limited 360 or a bug,--if it is a bug. Sad. Graphics affect the 'feel' of a game. It's all about sight and sound.
    The levels don't have as much verticality as I thought they would. It feels like BC2 but you can climb stuff. And yes, you do get stuck where you have to jump over things or climb a certain way. Not as in a glitch. As in, you cannot climb a corner-ledge in this one level. To climb you have to be facing head-on. As a medium or heavy you cannot run very fast. Feels like BC2 in the walking/running. A light weight can run a bit faster and climb better. You can run fast enough to escape, but not as fast as a 'parkour' or 'freerunning' game would inspire.
    Some of the guns don't feel 'heavy'. There really is no recoil except for sniper rifles. There is bullet spread. I see Brink as a game a certain group of people will enjoy--like the group that plays TF2. If it works online without the recently mentioned lag it will be decent (if they fix the graphics). It's just not what it was said to be. The levels often have small choke points! They should feel huge! I am ready for Next-gen gaming. Maybe I'll build a new PC...
  3. May 10, 2011
    Brink is one of the best games I've ever played. The game has bits of some of the best games in the world and It's very own uniqueness such as the SMART system and the ability to create your own unique character
  4. May 10, 2011
    Awesome game. Great artwork, smooth gameplay, focus on teamplay, SMART rocks... i really love it. I don't care that the KI is not that good or that there is no real singleplayer. This game has its focus on multiplayer/teamwork and that part is just brilliant.
  5. May 10, 2011
    I waited and had this game preordered the first chance I could get my hands on it. I've been waiting and waiting for so long for a new fresh game to come and brink is truly that. Brink brings a HUGE mix of previous games into play and gives it own style. If you enjoy any of the following: TF2, CSS, BF2, BFBC2 you'll find some part of Brink to enjoy.
    Brink is a lot of fun with their
    S.M.A.R.T. system, and you can get some pretty cool combos going once you are running around. Leveling and ranking up in the system is not hard ANYTHING you do in the game counts towards your XP, so if you play offline, it counts, online it counts, you want to farm bots all day and night long and just power level, it counts.

So single player/solo play is a lot of fun, but multi-player is what this game is designed for, and its also designed to play with your friends that have it. So here is the current issue and reason why I gave it a 9/10, is the fact that on launch day they've been hyping up dedicated servers for PC, and I help a game community run servers, nothing makes me more mad and annoyed than a company releasing a game with nonfunctional dedicated servers. Now there are SOME people I've seen been able to get them up and running, but there are so few servers online working it makes it almost impossible to join one without it being full or the host shutting it down because of lag or boredom who knows.

Now I can only hope that Splash Damage will fix the dedicated server issues and also address and fix the local hosting ability for people so we can play with our friends those of us who don't wish or have the ability to host a dedicated server or want to rent one from a GSP.

All in all, if you are looking for a game to play, I'd highly suggest thing if you are willing to suck it up with some online play issues and hope that the dev. (Splash Damage) will in the next couple days/weeks fix these issues. This game is really meant for online play and its a disappointment not to have that ability on release night/day.
  6. May 10, 2011
    This game is a welcome break from the shovelware FPS games that have flooded the market. Instead of just killing your opponents, the game is objective based. Supplying your team mates with ammo, weapon upgrades or health earns you just as many, if not more experience points. Capturing objectives, building obstacles for the opposing team and taking command posts are all important keys to victory, if your team just goes in blasting and can't work together, you won't get anything accomplished. The parkour is fun and can be useful as well. On the down side, there are a number of bugs that will hopefully be patched (server and sound problems), and a few balance issues that could benefit from some retooling. I really hope more maps and other unlockables will be added in the future and the bugs ironed out, but otherwise it's exactly what I've been looking for. Expand
  7. May 10, 2011
    Yes, there is a learning curve here, and yes, there are some bugs, but it's only Day 1. These kinds of things are expected, especially from something like this. But once you learn how to use the S.M.A.R.T. system and complete a few challenges, you'll come to absolutely adore this game. Also, could we please stop complaining about the bugs? Name one game that was released without a single bug.
  8. May 10, 2011
    Great game. Smoothest launch for a PC game in a long time for both client and server side. Amazing art style and great teamwork gameplay. I will be playing this for awhile.
  9. May 10, 2011
    I can start by saying if you're looking for an amazing single-player experience, this probably isn't the game for you. While it does have a very entertaining campaign, the aspect of this game that truly shines in the multiplayer. It's incredibly refreshing to play an FPS that returns to the genre's roots of actually requiring solid teamwork in order to succeed, making it difficult for the lone-wolf types to accomplish anything on their own. The game looks great (always been a fan of this particular artstyle), and the individual character customization is quite a lot of fun to play around with as well. Overall, if you're into strong team-based multiplayer, I'd say BRINK is definitely a game to try. It's not without its shortcomings, but they aren't enough to stop me from likely enjoying this game well into the future. Expand
  10. May 10, 2011
    It's fun to play and it adds some strategy aspect to the FPS genre which might make it less appealing to people looking for a dumb shooter like CoD. It's kind of like Borderlands with more content, better graphics and more exciting game play. I think most people are just comparing it to CoD which prevents them from being open to new ideas. It wasn't meant to be in the same category. This one is definitely worth a try! Expand
  11. May 10, 2011
    First off, I'm aware of that this game has some performance issues, especially with ATI cards but these are the kinds of things that will be patched soon enough because Splash Damage is a developer that takes care of its games

While it does suffer from the above issues and some shotty AI, the gameplay here is something entirely original and what we should have had sooner. It is very fast
    paced and full of action thanks to the SMART system and abilities, yet it also requires a fair share of strategy and tactics to pull off a win because completing objectives is always key and the best way to handle these objectives is working as a team.

This is because in this game, not only is there power in numbers, but team members can buff each other with health, ammo, and other such things to give them the tactical edge and help them complete the said objectives. While singleplayer is just kinda "okay", the mutliplayer is a unique experience that CAN'T be missed out on.
  12. May 10, 2011
    To sum up brink in a catchy phrase. Half-assed console port ruins the day... AGAIN!. There is alot of potential in the game, plenty of good ideas , and some bad ones mind you. But all of it is totally undermined by a terrible port job. right out the door, steam will have difficulty decrypting the darn thing ( 1 hour down the drain) additionally pretty much every facet of the game's multilayer component is not functioning . Plus there seems to be no dedicated server option....

this would be fine if the ai wasnt mind numbingly stupid. Every single fire fight will have your ai mates running out in the open walking willfully into the line of fire. three seconds later they are dead. other times they will , for no apparent reason, stop perusing their current objective to go runaround for a bit ( 94% hack on the objective any one? Pretty much every match is a mindless mosh-pit with only lady luck as the determining factor of who wins.

to add insult to injury it is pretty much impossible to die as everyone has a generous re-spawn timer which even the slowest of medics ( and even the dumbass AI) can cater to. litterally there will be fire fights where you run out of bullets killing the same three guys in same hall way shoot out. It is Irritating as hell. you can shoot downed dudes to prevent this, but that usually takes nearly a whole clip as well. on the plus side the game looks great, there is a massive wealth of customization options and the voice acting is solid . i also really like the fluidity of the moment controls. Bottom line, wait until after the first 2 or 3 patches ( and maybe a price decrease) to get this game.
    a non functioning multiplayer component in a game that is 90% multiplayer is just all kinds of worthless.
  13. May 10, 2011
    Let me start by saying I wanted this to be as different as possible from the other cookie cutter shooters currently out there. It does achieve that with some revolutionary "ideas". Unfortunately it is the delivery on those ideas that fall short. It's hard to place this game in a genre as it is somewhere between a run and gun COD style and a Global Agenda hit point style game. As much as I wanted to love it the game feels off from the start and never seems to get comfortable. Hopefully other designers will take the ideas from this game and build something that plays as good as it sounds on paper. It gets a mixed rating from me. If it played as good as it sounded on paper I would have given a positive review. The opposite is true in that If it didn't have some fresh new ideas I would have given it a negative review based on the gameplay alone. Expand
  14. May 10, 2011
    good game, needs some work few bugs but overall nice change of pace. this game is about teamwork end of story. if they add some more maps,weapons,skills and what not it be awesome game. if the Dev gives it some more love it will be a shiny star.
  15. May 10, 2011
    Yes the Parkour is that awesome. Not clunky like some reviewers have said (Try not using the Heavy body type ;). Multiplayer may not have TDM or CTF and that is a downside =/ Think of the the MP as more like LFD2. I've played about 4 hours playing Challenges, and online Campaign. I've finished 3 mission for the Resistance and could play the same mission over and over. Servers are a bit laggy right now. But just remember the COD:BO launch. Nobody gave it a bad rating because it had problems at first (even tho COD is a piece of **** game). Overall I think it's a must buy for any fan of FPS games, or has friends that play FPS game. Because this game is centered around, and does this very well with the point system, around team-based playing and cooperation. Most addictive gameplay if played in a while. Expand
  16. May 16, 2011
    I like Brink. There, I said it. I'm not in love with it as much as when I bought TF2, but I'm not as sour (not by a long shot) as the "ET" players.

I love using the SMART system, and while the guns may be a bit bland here and there, the customization options for them are great. And while the bots are stupid, real players (usually) aren't. Again comparing it to TF2: the bots are there, but
    it's not what you come there for.

My verdict so far: After seeing about 5 patches in release week that fix most of the problems I had with the game, I can say this game is for anyone who likes objective-based FPS gameplay combined with parkouring your way through the levels.
  17. May 10, 2011
    I never write reviews but this game is getting allot undeserved flack and I don't want someone to think those reviews are valid. Brink injects some fresh blood into the stall FPS genre. In a market were every game is trying to be the next COD or Halo, Brink doesn't cave to pressure. Anyways the game plays like Global Ops, TF2 and Unreal. The movement is good and the damage seems just about right. Graphics wise its not going to win any awards but the art style makes up for that. Expand
  18. May 10, 2011
    I'm having a blast with this game. Graphics are nice and run smooth on my 460 GTX SE card, everything max at 1440x900. Looks like Borderlands but nicer. Not one CTD either. Game play is fun if you like teamwork, objective based missions. Sometimes it can be a bit hard too (which I like). There's no team death match and really no single player story driven campaign but I personally never usually play story mode. I'm in it for the multiplayer, which so far has been fun and mostly lag free. Normally I'd say this game is about an 8.5 but i'm giving it a 10 here to counter all the haters. Expand
  19. May 10, 2011
    The game play is fast and fun. Splash took the objective and class based game play that worked in "Return to castle wolfenstein: Enemy territory" and made a few changes/improvements.

It would be a 10/10 if the had implemented some sort of party system to play with friends.
  20. May 11, 2011
    I've played about Brink on the PC about 6 hours now and it's better than Borderlands, Bf:BC2, and CoD BOps. The gameplay is what I was hoping for as a RTCW/W:ET fan. The movement speed certainly isn't as fast as those games, but the parkour movement adds a different movement dynamic since there isn't any circle strafe jumping. If you like having to work as a team and being rewarded for your ability to track players as well as twitch shoot, this might be a good game for you. The weapons are balanced well from what I can see but many CoD/BF players haven't learned to shoot from the hip at close to medium range. So far, most of what I see on the servers and in some of these reviews (day 3) is people trying to play TDM and people not understanding which class is important for which mission. This baffles me as the class selection wheel highlights the most important class. There are even tutorial videos! People are currently also only looking for the most direct route to the objectives and not exploring parkour routes. However, the game is not without some bugs. One map appears to not have sound (bug) and using s_restart doesn't work. To be fair, Borderlands, BF:BC2 (hit detection/MASTER server crashes), and CoD BlackOps had just as many and as severe bugs on release but weren't penalized in the reviews for them. And don't listed to the idiot that said the developers are unresponsive. I see posts from them every day. They are trying to identify the bugs and squash them as quickly as possible. Expand
  21. May 11, 2011
    Brink is a very different game. Stepping into it expecting your typical Deathmatch, CTF, etc. and a singleplayer campaign is what Brink isn't about. It ties the campaign levels into multi-player. Brink is all about having teams working together and movement. Freedom of movement in Brink is a welcomed feature (in my opinion) for the FPS genre. The game encourages players to take different routes and think of strategic ways to flank your enemies. This game is based on team work instead of kills. You don't even know how many kills you get, just XP. This shows how much the developers wanted people to focus on teamwork. Customization in this game is AMAZING. So much stuff to unlock, and you unlock it quick! No grinding and grinding for a gun or a item. Play for a bit and you'll get what you want. Each class has a set of unique abilities and perks to go with them. Such as the engineer building faster, Medic making regen health regenerate even faster or Soldier giving more ammo. There are so much different play styles and looks that it's hard to get in this one review. The flaws of this game are the weak single-player. While the tied campaign missions into multi-player is a good idea, I was expecting a single-player with characters and all that. But don't let this one flaw kill the game like it did for many other reviewers. This is the only flaw in this game that has bothered me. The game is smooth and very unique. Guns are a blast to customize and try. Have some friends play with you and you'll love this game. Don't let it's new ideas scare you away, you will love it. Expand
  22. May 10, 2011
    Nine out of ten simply for technical problems on release. I'll never give a PC game a solid ten unless it's released and functional for more than 75% of the player base. That's just my philosophy on the matter. Ignore the scores, though, what you want to know is how it plays, right? Well, it plays like Enemy Territory. With awesome guns and parkour. The story elements are not essential to the experience, but it's nice that there is an underlying point to all of it. The multiplayer might be some of the most fun I've had since Bad Company 2. If you've played any Enemy Territory game and loved it, don't even read the rest of this review. Buy this game immediately. It's a great addition to the game style.

If you're the type of guy to religiously play the Call of Duty or Counter-Strike series, you might want to hesitate here. The game play is far more team oriented than any mode in Call of Duty or CS. The teamwork and objective-based play required can be daunting at first; it is more complex than most FPS games out there. However, if you could handle the assault game mode in Unreal Tournament 2004, or the PL_ maps of Team Fortress 2 (particularly playing Medic or Engineer,) you can handle this.

The objective navigation menu thing is great. Playing medic? Set your objective to reviving team mates, and they show up as bright yellow icons with distance meters on them. Playing engineer? High light turret repairs. Assault? High light people with low ammo. It's great, it really helps communicate the team aspect to the players.

The SMART key is pretty well implemented. While you're trying to figure out a good angle of attack, you can sprint straight up to something, jump, grab the ledge, climb on top, wall jump to the other side of a catwalk, or catch yourself before you fall off of a platform. Parkour being added to the Enemy Territory formula was one of the best ideas in gaming history (in my opinion.) It adds a great dynamic to game play, though it is slightly underused in some maps.

The guns feel solid and are decently customizable. Add silencers, extended magazines, rapid fire, better iron-sights, and more to just about any gun you've got. You can even silence your shotguns, if that's your thing. I have no complaints what so ever about the guns. They feel good to shoot. A shotgun blast really feels like you just unloaded a mountain of death into somebody's face, and I really like that. Additionally, the melee is fantastic, ensuring that you get your kill if your quick enough to use it.

So we've got great online game play, tasty guns, parkour, fun objectives (sometimes a bit silly, but it's a video game, and it's better than CTF or standing near a flag for a while,) and great customizations. So, besides some typical release day bugs, what's wrong with the game? Well, the single player. It's the multiplayer mode with some less-than-stellar AI bots. It's not a narrative driven story line. But, I don't buy games like Brink or Bad Company 2 for the single player. Some people do, and this should be a big, red warning flag to those people to stay away from this title. Do not buy it for single player. There are some challenges, though, to unlock weapons. You can play those alone or with up to four people. It's good stuff. Some of them are a bit tough when you are alone, though, so if the AI drives you nuts, get a couple of other people to help you. It's an interesting way to do weapon unlocks, and I think minus one or two situations, it works well. The ability tree is also a piece of nice work.

Overall, I firmly believe in the score of 9/10 for this game. It's a lot of fun for those looking for their Enemy Territory fix. Additionally, some of those that enjoy objective-based multiplayer will find this game to be very satisfying as well. Just be aware that the game has it's flaws (like any other game ever made,) and temporary technical issues. Brink was a satisfying purchase (for $37.46 at Direct2Drive,) and I've already poured six hours into the game on release day. Thanks for reading this far.
  23. May 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Excellent game. I loved Wolfenstein : Enemy Territory. I was afraid there will be another game with few tricks, but without teamplay. Thank god I was wrong. Splash Damage knows how to create the game that required teamplay. SMART movement is nice addition and gameplay seems to be nice. Also, Splash Damage is listening community and its problems. Expand
  24. May 10, 2011
    I was pretty surprised how good this game was. Sure there is some performance issues, but I bet they get fixed. Not as good as Quake Wars was, but still, I'm very satisfied. But I have to warn, Brink isn't for every gamer. If you liked Enemy Territory/Quake Wars, I'm sure you will like it, but if you have played only CoDs, stay away, this isn't for you.
  25. May 10, 2011
    Absolutely the most fun I've had with an FPS since BF: BC2! The SMART mechanic is incredibly fun to make use of when trying to flank, out smart, or out run the enemy. The plethora of guns, abilities, buffs, upgrades, and additives make it easy for each individual player to find their place in the ARK universe. Anyone who doesn't like this game is probably a COD fanboy who spends their days hunting for heads and throwing knives (neither of which you do in brink).

If you're looking to actually have fun with an FPS, get this game, and be sure to get some friends on board the ARK as well. Like it or not even the worst games can be fun with friends, that said Brink is not just fun with friends, its an unforgettable experience!
  26. May 10, 2011
    Fantastic game. Many of the negative reviews seem to come from people expecting a sequel to Call of Duty TF2, or for some impossible reason, Borderlands. However, SD decided to do the logical thing and create a spiritual successor to games they've already made, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, and Enemy Territory: Quake Wars.

There are some bugs in the game that can sometimes be remedied by
    replacing old drivers with new ones, but other than that, the game is solid and incredibly enjoyable for those who were hoping for a Splash Damage game filled with dynamic team play.

GG SD.
  27. May 11, 2011
    Let me start off by saying that Brink is a standout, excellent game. Its not for everyone though. If you want to go lone wolf, or get recognized for your kills, or play deathmatch style online games, go back to CoD. This is not your game. If you like objective style gameplay where teamwork is everything, you'll feel right at home with Brink. The SMART system makes it really easy to get around, and more skilled players can use it for much more than getting from point A to point B. There's really no game with combat that's quite like it. While objectives are not incredibly varied there are more than enough to keep you entertained for countless games. The maps themselves are not that varied either, but their large size keeps them fresh and since objectives are held is sometimes widely varied locations on the same map it can make one match seem like several. The guns handle nicely, and once you find one that is right for you they become oh so satifying to use. The sound work for the guns is excellent as well. This game isn't without its flaws of course, the maps all have certain choke points that all of the action seems to take place in, which could be off-putting to some. The biggest thing for me is that the game's shadows take issue with certain ATI graphics cards (like mine) and shadows must be turned off to achieve an acceptable framerate on any settings if you encounter this issue. The netcode is also laggy at times, but this has only affected me in a few matches. These problems could be easily patched though, and I'm sure Splash Damage is looking into it as I'm writing this. Overall I think this game is definitely worth checking out. If you like teamwork oriented online games you will likely find Brink to be an enjoyable experience. I cannot get my head around some of the bad scores some of the "professional" reviews have given Brink. IGN claims Brink is repetitive, while praising CoD. As someone who has put over 10 hours into Brink and much more into the latest installment of CoD, this just seems ridiculous to me. Black Ops is a much more repetitive game, Brink has a lot more variety. In fact, I haven't seen this much variety in an online game in a long time. Give Brink a chance, you'll probably be surprised how much fun you can have. Expand
  28. Aug 7, 2011
    I'll be honest: as it stands, I'm going to say that this game deserves a better rating than it got. I totally understand that when you buy a product, you expect that product will hold up to the standards that you were sold. And when it doesn't, no doubt there will be huge disappointment. But with games nowadays, especially with PC games, the game you get on day one will definitely change to try to meet those standards when the situation calls for it. And looking at all the reviews from before, I can definitely say this is one of those cases. Brink is worth revisiting, especially if you can grab it on sale. In all honesty, the gameplay is great, the class and ability system is awesome, the customization has depth, so for me this game is definitely a 9/10. I've had a blast playing with it! Now should you get this game? Do your homework first: find out what bugs there currently are, and just make an informed decision based on that as best you can. I personally don't seem to be having any problems, certainly nothing game breaking, but just be informed before you buy! Expand
  29. May 15, 2011
    This game doesn't deserve these low scores, many games have bugs, many games have worse AI than brink has, it shouldn't just be reviewed by people after 1 hour of played time. Brink gives you a lot, allows you to be able to get out of spawn before dieing (Unlike one reviewer said), it gives you addictive and compelling game-play (Which many FPS games are not doing) - MOH, BFBC2 etc.
  30. May 11, 2011
    Brink is quite the game. It doesn't suffer many of the problems of it's console counterparts at the moment (most notably lag). It is relatively lag free, and is an absolute blast if you love to work with a team to complete objective. It's fantastic in that you can work together, but you cannot go lone wolf here, people who have a "Call of Duty mindset" beware that you cannot go it alone and expect to win. The AI bots are admittedly pretty boring to play with, but the goal of this game was obviously multiplayer, team-based gaming, and it completely nails that. That's what I bought it for, don't listen to people or sites that have reviewed only the 360 code of the game, as the PC version is a totally different breed! Expand
  31. May 11, 2011
    Great team based game, no more of this one army Call of Duty inspired BS. Seems like a TF2 but for the hardcore gamer. Only problems with the game are typical launch day problems you find with every game.
  32. May 11, 2011
    If you don't want to read my full review: Yeah this is a game worth buying. Why? Read the review :D Sooo, first review. You ask me why I just registered here for reviewing this game? Just because many of the so called "reviewers" here haven't played this game for a longer time or they are talking crap. First off: I played many FPS Games: BF-series, whole CoD-series (but BlackOps is probably the last game I bought from this series), TeamFortress 1-2, Quake, UT, CS and so on and so on. I tested the german version of Brink. On the PC for sure! (I don't understand why many reviewers post a review of the XBox or PS3 version in the PC section.. HELLOOO.. this is the PC section. Personal *break* Computer. Mouse+Keyboard. Get it? Thank you) So now I introduce to you: Brink. Gameplay: Intense. Fast. Teambased. And a bit freaky. I really like it that you can choose your own mission and go for that. Also you have to play as a team, all Call of Duty-fraggers have to rethink and get used to it, this game is no brainless "KILLEVERYTHING!!!11"-FPS. The maps are.. freaky as the whole game. Some are well structered, some are really messy. Not bad, just messy. But the mission marker will help to find your way. The weapons are too similar in my opinion, hopefully a patch will fix that. Most players use a SMG. There are 4 classes in the game: Medic, Engineer, Soldier and somekind of Spy. The medic and the engineer are very powerful and most played. You can make many XP points in a short time so they are a bit overpowered, this should be balanced. The Soldier is okay. Nothing special, just okay. And last and least: the spy. Okay, you need him in some missions but its a pain to play. He can get a disguise (but it will be dropped when you get hit or fire a weapon) and some other little perks, but nothing that can hold up with the other classes. The S.M.A.R.T. system is a nice feature but you really have to get used to it. For me its okay that you only have to press one button for this, 'cause a key for every single move would make it impossible to react in a hot situation. The only thing that me really disappointed is the wall run. Its nearly non-existent.. that makes me really sad. But the game isn't called Mirror's Edge, its Brink. PS: I won't write anything about the SP, this is a pure multiplayer game. Okay, just one sentence: The AI is unbelievable stupid. Not as stupid as the bots in BF1942 but.. stupid. Graphics: I really like the minimalistic menu and the comic look, but this is a personal thing! The graphics are pretty good, not mobile phone graphics that some people here are talking about. (Sorry, this really made me laugh and cry about the stupidity of some... okay, this shouldn't be in a review, back to topic) Nothing more to graphics, they are not Crysis like, but not bad. They are... pretty good. Full stop. Network: I personally hadn't the "Server doesn't respond" bug. But yeah, some servers are a bit laggy, hopefully will be fixed. Conclusion: This game is pretty good and its something new. It takes parts from many FPS Games and mix them up to a new game. I like it and I will have fun with it for many hours. Its something new, its freaky and its a more complex game than the most "KILLEVERYTHING!!!11"-FPS (CoD *cough*). This means that most kiddos won't play this and this makes me reaaally happy. :) So, this is a game worth buying :) PS: No, I don't hate Call of Duty. I played Call of Duty for a long time. But for me Call of Duty 4 was the last REAL Call of Duty. Personal opinion, please don't cry. PPS: Yes, this game has a few bugs. I don't like it that most up to date games are full of bugs, but okay. PPPS: This review should have been longer, but I'm ill and its short after midnight ^^ Greetings, ComboCraft Expand
  33. May 12, 2011
    It's wicked fun. It's very intuitive and everything is done well. Sure there are a few flaws of the game, but those are not gameplay, they are performance issues. As soon as AMD gets on their game and releases something other than a Hotfix, then I'm sure on AMD systems the performance will be drastically improved. It's not a game for campaign. The campaign and the multiplayer is the exact same thing. Its meant to be a MP game just like TF2 is an MP game.
    The weapons change drastically and realistically with the attachments you use as well choosing a specific weapon set is crucial for certain situations as well as the class and body type you are playing as.
    There are 4 basic classes just like every game. Medic, Solider, Operative, and Engineer. Each have their own specific abilities and objectives that are crucial to master and change up depending on the situation presented at hand.
    All four classes can be played in each of the three body types.
    The three body types are light, medium and heavy. They each can only use specific weapons out of your arsenal of over 40+ unique weapons, as well as a major difference is in speed as well as in the ability to beable to traverse areas using the SMART system. For instance, the heavy can lumber over objects, but the light can bounce from one, lightly run on the wall for about 4 feet, and leap off on the the ledge easily making evasive maneuvers from the enemy.
    As you can see it has alot going for it, but it could be slightly better.
  34. May 13, 2011
    There's a lot to say about the game, but I'll keep it short and sweet to avoid redundancy. Sure the game has some issues, but give it some time. As for the good: the classes seem very well balanced, with each class offering a unique play style, versatility, and variability. The movement is spot on, I have no issues with the SMART system. The campaign is fun, each level has numerous primary and secondary objectives encouraging teamwork. And lastly, the aesthetics, the game is very well done graphically, and just the overall atmosphere is exciting. Now the bad: virtually no single player. This however, is not problematic for me, as virtually all time spent for fps games is multiplayer anyways. As for the multiplayer, there are lots of bugs. But like I said, give it some time and these will be resolved. In sum, this game is fresh and creative. It offers lots of opportunities for fun and compelling teamwork. Just wait for a few patches to resolve the current multiplayer issues and this game will really shine. Expand
  35. May 14, 2011
    Really liked this game, its not about going around by yourself and kill everything you can, you need to stay with your team and focus on the objectives, the SMART works perfectly, the customization is great, the only bad thing is that the game has some bugs, which I hope will get fixed with time.

THIS GAME IS NOT A 6.7 OR A 7.1, ITS ABOUT 9, not 10 just for the bugs.
  36. May 11, 2011
    This game is a breath of fresh air for shooters. Lets get somethings straightened out: (This is NOT a call of duty killer! It doesn't claim that what so ever. If you play this game like Call of Duty you will hate it. If you are looking for a epic single-player game this is not it. Clearly this is a Multiplayer game. If you hate Multiplayer look for another game.) Now that we got that straightened out we can now proceed. This is not a terrible game like many make it out to be (mainly because of the reasons above). This is a game about movement. You can essentially Parkour through out the map which just opened up the flood gates on what people can do in the environment. In a game like call of duty you where limited on elevation. With brink you can run/hop/slide/ and in some cased dive over anything. When you start up the game you are instantly given the choice on what side of this war you want to partake in. Now this isn't a permanent choice because you can make multiple characters for plenty of runthroughs. When you play the game you can choose what class you play. You can play soldier: heavy shooting, Engineer: builds gun emplacements, Medic: Heals fallen comrades, or Operative: covert class who mainly deals with sabotage. Each class can use nearly any gun so you are not stuck with a class that you hate based on guns like in other games. My only complaint is the story. I know from playing that this is a multiplayer game but the trailers showed what I thought would have a larger role. Aside from that this is a great game if your into multiplayer games. The in game menus show a option for DLC so expect more coming soon. Expand
  37. May 15, 2011
    I don't understand how this game got so many low scores. The textures are beautiful, the AI is sweet, the Campaign is, well, that's the worst part, and it's good overall, the character customization is EPIC, and the S.M.A.R.T. system is legit. The bugs are pretty much fixed now. I recommend this to EVERYONE.
  38. May 15, 2011
    Having played this game on multiple platforms the PC is clearly the best of the three the graphics really shine, the texture issues aren't there and it just flows. I had no issues with lag playing on Steam until the patch to fix lag came out. Hopefully SplashDamage will get this sorted soon.

Mobility is an interesting new layer to the game, think Mirrors Edge with being rewarded for
    using guns. You really are rewarded for being on the move. The objective wheel gives you an easy way to see what needs to be done and rewards you for doing more then hunting down the other guys. Also interesting is the "body type" actually has a gameplay impact. Instead of being cosmetic a skinny character has increased mobility but less health and weapon choices, medium has a balance of the two while a heavy is fairly immobile but can heft very large very powerful guns.

The AI does scale, while "Dumb" at lower levels it does smarten up as you gain experience (at least the enemy AI) though I did find friendly AI at times wanting but this will hopefully change as SplashDamage have said this was done deliberately and will be adjustable shortly. Now the campaign is fairly short, I have finished all campaign and "what if" scenarios but I have a feeling this will be a "living" game like Left 4 Dead where there's frequent updates. The ending does really set that up nicely.

Any how, don't believe the hype, reading these reviews though I've come to the opinion dedicated PC gaming reviews are more necisary now than ever given the disparity in hardware between PCs and Consoles has crept up again and it appears that more and more games just play differently between the two (this had been a problem in the past but when the 360 and PS3 came out it had improved for a bit but we're back to the tech divide and judging a multi-platform game like this on one console's play through like Joystiq or G4 do is really not fair to the game or people who may be interested in other platforms.)
  39. May 13, 2011
    A great team based FPS shooter. I gave it a 9 , although atm it is a 8 , but after a few patches it will be a solid 9. Sure you might have read it has horrible AI and bugs but keep in mind this is supposed to be an multiplayer game and bugs are fixable and many have already been fixed. Some of the weapons do seem a bit too similar to each other , but it does really not bother me so much because this is not supposed to be an super realistic MW clone where you can be killed by a bouncing knife scratching your leg...

So a solid team FPS that can only get more better by time.
  40. May 15, 2011
    I was, in a way, dreading release of this game, which was gifted to me on steam (as a Christmas present by my little bro!).

However, I was pleasantly surprised! Brink is a very fast-paced game, more akin to TF2 than anything else. The classes and abilities are very similar - a lot of which must be earned through experience and level points a la Battlefield 2 style. Whilst the ability
    to customise your avatar is nice, for an old school gamer like me it's pointless gimmickry - I'd rather see more weapons and abilities!

I'm still getting to grips with the parkouring abilities (you'll need to select a "light" body type to be able to, for example, wall-run), but I feel that having the skills to use this ability will lead to some stunning kills in MP matches!

Single player can be fun - but it's blatantly tacked on to the main game and serves more as tutorial than a game in it's own right. Buying this game for the SP experience only is like buying a high-performance car and only taking it out to go get the weekly shopping!

Multiplayer still needs some improvement - games can be somewhat laggy, but not horrendously so. I'm on a 3.5Mbps ADSL connection (slow compared to my previous 50Mbps cable!), but it's still been playable, without too much grumbling.

On the whole, would I recommend this game? Yes! It's a good game - it'll be awesome once the MP lag issues are sorted!
  41. May 11, 2011
    Brink is Amazing, Great graphics, great gameplay, Even on the lower end of min spec you can get away with great looking graphics, Multi player is one of the best iv seen, it takes what Killzone 3 did for the PS3 and intensified 5x and we get Brink, I can't wait for part 2. Story mode was fun and immersive, you really get a feel for how these people are struggling in the world they live in. Great Idea for brink, looking forward to the DLC. IMO Brink is a must buy for anyone who loves FPS. Expand
  42. May 12, 2011
    SplashDamage has again succeeded in delivering a game that's different from the rest. It's all about teamplay. If you are a lonewolf you prolly won't fully enjoy the game but if you like teamplay Brink is THE game.

Played it for about 10 hours now (coop, mp, solo, with and without friends) and enjoyed every minute of it!
  43. May 12, 2011
    I haven't been disappointed with Brink at all. Love the game so far. I've only played about 8-9 hours and it was on co-op campaign, so I can't say much about other areas of the game or longevity. For me it most resembles a FPS version of TF2, not a bad thing! I have primary been playing a Medic and have enjoyed it a lot, but certain aspects may need a bit of a tweak, for example adrenalin boost lasts a mere 5 seconds but these little things are somewhat expected at launch and will most likely get adjusted. Brink has done a great job of making teamwork important and the lone wolf style will generally not pay off. Expand
  44. May 12, 2011
    THE game we were waiting for. Quake, Enemy Territory players, wander no more. Brink is our messiah ! I was doubtful at once but am now convinced. The game is extremely good right now and has huge competitive potential. A few things caused problems at launch, but most don't matter for the current pc release. Sadly, lots of negative reviews are because the game lacks a real "single player content" and an interesting "plot". BUT WHO CARES ? It's a multiplayer game, shooter feeling are great, movement is very nice, customization is very well done for both characters and weapons. Maps are awesomesauce.
    FPS players looking for a game rewarding SKILL should NOT miss this !
  45. May 13, 2011
    As a Wolf ET and ETQW vet I can say the game is a lot of fun. As anyone remotely familiar with Splash Damage will know Brink like ET and ETQW is a team based, objective based class FPS. The main focus of Brink is teamwork with all 4 classes supporting one another to achieve the objective. Without going on to much I can say the game is very good, the guns/shooting customisation, visuals, the new SMART system are all top notch. The only negative was some tech issues such as no sound in 1 game and the game crashing once I first installed. Other than that it has run fine and considering most the tech issues will be resolved with patches I think it would be harsh to knock to many points off the score, therefore I give Brink a Strong 9.0/10 Expand
  46. May 13, 2011
    Love this game! Brink takes a number of great ideas and throws them together into one great shooter. Brink can be played offline, but is definitely better when played in coop mode with friends or in versus. I'd have to say I completely disagree with some of these reviews on this site and some of the professional reviews. Did that IGN reviewer even look at IGN's scoring guidelines before reviewing the game? I am sorely disappointed in him. Anyhow, I would say that the graphics are gorgeous and objectives make for a more fun experience than straight deathmatch games can deliver. The movement system is very fluid. Now I find myself wishing that all games had it. I love being able to advance my characters whether I play in SP, Coop, or Versus games. The game definitely rewards teamwork as you will find that players who are better team players will find themselves higher on the scoreboard than a lone wolf who just kills lots of things. Weapons are customizable and feel very responsive. The game does have a few bugs atm, but nothing too serious and patches are on the way. For some reason this game seems to be polarizing. If you look at the distribution of reviews here and around the web, it seems that some people hate this game, but many more love it. You won't find many in between. I've been playing this with a few friends since it launched and we all agree- Brink is a blast. If you like cooperative games, I don't think you should pass this one up. Collapse
  47. May 14, 2011
    Well i've only played this game for about 3 hours but i can say its epic to the max. And Splash Damage is showing they're support releasing 2 patches in 3 days and making a DLC free
  48. May 14, 2011
    The singleplayer is really difficult due to AI issues on player's team. However MP is totally worth it. The hole idea of a team based game, where nobody can handle the match alone is awesome. Every game developer should keep that in mind.
  49. May 18, 2011
    COD 4 + TeamFortress 2 + Unlocking character upgrades and personalizing class = Amazing

This is a first person shooter that I'm very excited to play when I sit down. Got some friends and some time, this is a good time. Haven't experienced any game breaking bugs.
  50. May 11, 2011
    Intuitive, fun and addicting, Brink has lots going for it, especially the brilliant customisation and team based game play. Definitely worth a look, but if you want an engrossing single play story out of your game, perhaps you should look elsewhere
  51. est
    May 11, 2011
    Brink is an exciting and fun game. The PC platform version is currently not without hardware specific bugs but the game play is excellent. I have been fortunate enough to not fall victim to any significant errors to play. Currently there is not a lot of content but I feel as though it is very replayable. When compared to other shooters there aren't typically 50 multiplayer maps people play any anyway. Brink features a lot of room for expansion of new maps and missions based on the "What-If" scenario scheme that they have already dabbled in with the shipped campaigns.

While I acknowledge there are a handful of glitches but most that I have experienced are insignificant in nature. I have confidence that they will be addressed rapidly and Brink will have the capability to grow into something great.

I would emphasize that this game is not for everyone and if you are just "looking for a shooter" you would do well to carefully evaluate what playing brink actually means before purchasing it. I think the biggest source of disappointment for Brink players is not having a firm understanding of what type of game it is. I see the game often compared to a TF2 knock-off but it is closer in feel to Bad Company 2. Take that and make it futuristic, increase freedom of movement, and the remove vehicles and you get pretty close to what Brink delivers.

That being said I do not feel that Brink is a knock-off of anything. If you're are looking for an entertaining first person shooter that focuses more on winning and teamwork than racking up kill counts you would do well to try Brink.
  52. May 12, 2011
    Game is awesome, Fck all Trolls and Haters that dont like it im glad that you wont play it then.

This game reminds me TF2 i loved that game before valve made it a stupid trade BS. I like all the elements and that its more about skill than about Weapon choice or Skills. I like this game because its so different from these CoD games and CoD clones im glad someone makes something that is not
    mainstream. And also that Splash Damage actually cares about game and theyre fans. Expand
  53. May 13, 2011
    When you first start out, all the classes are pretty much the same, they can do a few different things. As you level up you unlock different things you can do to make your character better, which also separates the classes even further. This game is a fast paced FPS with a great artistic style that separates it from the rest.

It does have an RPG element to it so do not jump into the game
    and expect to be l33t. There are a lot of things you can unlock by leveling up that will make you a better killing machine. Expand
  54. May 14, 2011
    Hi I have a few days Brink, it is actually a very good game but there are a few problems with the server search a total lag is because the game with the number of servers is not clear why I ask it very quickly to fix
  55. May 14, 2011
    Not much to say, besides this is an amazing game with no other game like it atm. Ofc its not perfect by any means, with an AI that lacks in parts and objectives which are much to simple. Slight issue with server not responding that is easily fixed by forwarding the right ports. It is a shame that we can't freerun around a massive stable map, but it's ok, ill live. I'd say on face value it's TF2 but with improved gameplay, guns, graphics, storyline and customisation. yay Expand
  56. May 15, 2011
    Brink is not perfect, it doesn't deserve a 10. However it is great and I am disgusted at it's low score
    The teamwork is great, if your team does not have a mix of all the classes you WILL fail, however medics are overpowered. The SMART system works fine, occasionally bugs out. It is extremely fun with the light bodytype, however you are fragile with it.
    The plot is meh and the level design
    is meh. I still love this game.. Expand
  57. May 16, 2011
    Brink is a fantastic take on the FPS genre. Following similar style to TF2, Brink offers everything CoD doesn't, teamwork, full gun and character customization, class based combat and co-op. What's to hate? Majority of the critics are stupid fools playing on Xbox who have a mind set of, CoD CoD CoD CoD, Call of Duty isn't everything! Brink has one of the greatest weapon customization menus out of any game I know, immense character customization, dedicated servers, co-op, single player, multiplayer, Single player and multiplayer that link simultaneously online and offline, and classes the offer different game play types each game, every time Brink is a step above. I recommend to true FPS fans who enjoy teamwork, playing with mates and not the 12 year old's that think everything but Call of Duty is bad. 9/10 Game. Expand
  58. May 17, 2011
    teamplay 10, on doit obligatoirement jouer en équipe. Gameplay 10 plusieurs objectifs et des centaines de tactiques différentes. Un vrais jeux miltijoueurs, sans jouer comme un mercenaire en solo. Si vous vouler des jeux solo, ne jouez pas a ce jeux fait pour le multi. Pour moi c'est un référence pour le multi.
  59. Wik
    May 20, 2011
    Great FPS. I really the world of BRINK. Weapons, characters and maps are great. Single player in no good, but it's a great multilayer game, with great group objectives.
  60. May 17, 2011
    (Disclaimer: a 9 is probably too high, but reading many of those "i looked at some vid and it's so stupid yo" zeroes are very unfair)

Brink certainly is a good game. But it is not for everyone because it does things so much differently than all recent major FPS. Brink gives you a ridiculous depth of strategies and teamplay but at the same time this depth makes it hard sometimes to enjoy
    public, it seems like the game (and especially the maps) are balanced for two teams that know what they are doing. Scrimming with a real gameplan is OMG intense

The easiest way to gauge how much you will like it is if you enjoyed ET and QW. If you hated those (CoD so ImBa!) then Brink definitely isn't for you. If you think SP should be a major part of a game then it will disappoint. Look at some YT videos, there are a number of really high quality reviews out there, don't write it off because one sucky review of someone that didn't now what he was doing.
  61. May 18, 2011
    Brink is a fantastic game; provided you're not someone having issues with it. The AMD issues seem to be getting better with patches and driver updates and there's still one issue at the time of writing causing issues for nVidia cards. But it does seem like most people are able to play with little problem.

The game definitely focuses upon working as a team. Take the time to figure out how
    to join a fire squad and play with VOIP. If your only concern is your kill/death ratio, this is not the game for you. In Brink, I'll take someone who dies a lot and gets no kills, but supports the team and the mission goals over someone who kills a lot, doesn't die, but adds no additional support to the team. The classes may need some minor tweaking, but overall are balanced. There is an excellent variety of weapons and mods you can make to the weapons which can substantially alter their attributes. I can take or leave the number of cosmetic options, they include their own set of pros and cons.

The graphics on a system that can handle it are fantastic. Game play is well-paced without being too frantic or too slow.
    Bot AI has been improved via patch to be perfectly acceptable. They do a good job of focusing on primary and occasionally secondary objectives.
    There are still some minor bugs (more rubber-banding lag than one would expect for a given latency, sound dropping out on one particular map), but with several patches already available within a week after release it suggests Splash Damage is working hard to resolve them.

Overall, I'm very happy with Brink and enjoy my time playing it.
  62. May 18, 2011
    I've written more formal and detailed personal reviews on other sites and have only been attacked for them, so I'll keep things short and simple here.
    I'm seeing a whole lot of hate for this game, but I'm not feeling the hate. It has its flaws, most notably the single-player mode and the AI. Those should just be ignored -- the game is meant to be played online. And it's a blast when
    played online.
    The best advice I have to give is to somehow try before you buy. You may love it, you may not. Only you will know that. But I gave it a chance and I'm really glad I did.
  63. May 17, 2011
    I am fan of Enemy territory - it is my favourite game so i've waited on Brink and - to be honest Brink didn't disapoint me. That Game has a few defects - bugs (like a lack of sound sometime), big requirements but it's smell like a et:) If you play with good, understanding team against similar team there a lot of fun. Nothing can compare with this. Style of graphics is very interesting and I enjoy it. I recommend this game to all fans of classic MP shooters like a Enemy Territory. Expand
  64. May 17, 2011
    This game is a slow start in the community, but it is a real winner that is going to be around in the PC gaming community for a long time, i predict. Anyone who liked the old hardcore team games from TWL like RTCW : fast, team focused, and unforgiving if you try to lone wolf it. No vehicles. No queer killstreaks. XP comes from objectives and helping teammates much more so than just dropping fools because you found a good campsite. Awesome game for old school PC community (REAL dedicated server code! whoohoo!) A couple of patches and a pro mod will make this game a sleeper legend. Expand
  65. May 20, 2011
    I'll keep this short. Brink is possibly the most underrated game this year because people haven't really discovered the depth, beauty and dismissed it as another shooter. It really isn't - unless you hate shooters that is. It mixes the fast action run and gun shooting of the Quake series seamlessly with the more tense stand-offs of the more 'arcade-realistic shooters' made popular within recent years.

The movement will change the way you look at the FPS. Want to get to the other side of the room to get another angle at the enemy but know you'll get shot to pieces in seconds? Slide with SMART and you're there. It really does make you use the environment and use Brink's purposeful choke points to the max. With well over a decade of FPS experience I can honestly say these are some of the most fun shoot-outs I've ever had in a game.

Something most other mainstream reviews failed to mention is you can knock people on their feet in Brink. If you're good enough you can take on crowds of players and come out on top, or at least escape! The skill ceiling is remarkably high which keeps you coming back, you just want to get better, taking more people on as you go.

The map design is excellent. You can see Splash Damage tore them apart to make them just perfect. You can really see how much experience is behind the flow and layout of these maps. There's only 8 but plenty of depth there. Quality over quantity definitely pays off here.

Finally, I shouldn't feel the need to mention negative reviews, but most, I can safely say did not get this game at all or give it a chance. To put it bluntly, they were bad and that's why they didn't like it. If all you play is FPS, get this game - it's a whole new challenge most can't handle. It requires lots of skill at patience at first but you won't want to go back after Brink.
  66. May 21, 2011
    After playing it for a few hours today... In my opinion, this game is super good... I honestly can't find anything wrong with it. The only thing they could of added more in, is more customization, but it's still good. Anyone that rates it a 0, or 1 just because they didn't see something in the game that they wished.. Is really retarded, It doesn't deserve it because a whiny brat doesn't see something they like. Expand
  67. Jun 23, 2011
    Brink is meant to be played multiplayer. I'm into a lot of shooters and I must say that you don't really appreciate Brink until you get back into another shooter (Battlefield, ARMA, OP Flashpoint, Unreal...) and get stuck trying to hop over a tiny rock as someone headshots you as you are pounding the jump key. It is THEN where you appreciate the innovation Brink brings to the Shooter. The collecting is fun, there are lots of nifty little addons for your weapons and equipment. The navigation through the maps can be a little aggravating if you are still new to the game, however the Single player mode will provide you with some time to get used to the areas. The bots are... bots... nothing new.
    I do like this game, and yes there are a few minor bugs but Bethesda is a company that does provide frequent updates and has yet to leave a game to rot. I did expect to be more options in character design, but as it stands there is just enough options to keep most people from looking like clones... barely. The graphics are awesome for a multiplayer game (playing on PC) Brink is like a gang-war and the new character-moves add a lot more to the combat, and as you play and unlock more stuff, you can use the skinny version of yourself to do a lot more zipping across the arenas. It is a game that gives you more as you play it. I give it a 10 because of the intelligent moving system, awesome graphics, and worthwhile advancements as you unlock stuff. Its a multiplayer that does what it was designed for, and adds some cool stuff you don't see in other Shooters.
  68. Jul 13, 2011
    Last night I had one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had, thanks to Brink. It's really awesome when you play this game online with 3 or more other friends, believe me. Excellent teamwork is required to win a match, that's what makes this game a REAL multiplayer game. I just love to play Brink together with friends, and I'm not gonna stop loving that.
  69. Jun 22, 2013
    Wow, really... gotta say i'm depressed about the general state of "gamers" after finally playing this. IT IS AMAZING, splash damage should NOT be ashamed of this game. It's a wonderful addition to their previous games (having put 600+ hours into both Wolfenstein:ET and Quake Wars ET myself) I've actually avoided this game up to this point because I was afraid it would take another 600 hours of my life away, and after playing it for a bit, i'm sure it will. GAMERS, you should be ashamed of yourself for the harshness you've expressed towards this game. It's the most polished effort yet from Splash Damage and it's beautifully executed. Yes, I understand it actually takes intelligence to play it, sorry to all the dumbasses (the majority of the human population apparently) that just can't figure it out. If your not a troglodyte and capable of smart teamwork based gameplay you'd be doing yourself a disfavor not giving this a chance. Splash Damage's games have always been deep, which is why, after YEARS of playing them you'll find yourself coming back for more. Depth requires a little practice and time to get an understanding of the core elements/map knowledge/general strategy. Their games have never been the type you can just JUMP INTO, but rather are the type that age nicely with many plays and the hidden depth slowly is revealed. I look forward to delving deeper into this one and felt a need to come here and defend it. It's clear Splash Damage is avoiding any and all association with this game at this point and I find that sad.You shouldn't feel that way, i'm sorry the world isn't 'up to speed' with you but please, please, PLEASE don't stop making intelligent games. Your one of the last bastions of challenging team based gameplay and I'd hate to see you 'crumble' under the pressure of the modern 'casual' gamer. Expand
  70. May 18, 2011
    Well, this is it. The Game I have been waiting 2 years for. I have probably anticipated too much, I have to say. I anticipated too much. Yet this game still gets a high review? What is this? Well, it delivers. All they ever told us is that it would be colourful, new, fun and a whole lot of parkour. And they gave us exactly that, a whole new artistic, playing style. The broad range of ATI cards not suported is a whole load of crap, your probably not running it right or just haven't gottten proper drivers or something else. I have a budget Gigabyte overclocked ATI Radeon HD 6850 and it runs fine in most parts. Some broad, open-ended corridors drop the FPS drastically but other than that there is no complaint. People jumping into it thinking "Ooooh, TF 2 mixed with CoD" will be seriously dissapointed. It is new, nothing old, doesnt use any old ideas. You guys just expected too much, as did I, but I knew what we thought wasn't going to happen. It delivers perfectly and I think that it deserves a 93/100. It is also greatly balanced by the way. Expand
  71. Dec 8, 2011
    If you came to Brink with no previous expectations and after it has been patched with cpl DLC's under its belt its a damn good game.
    If you talk to people that fealt burned on release they are carrying resentments a bit far imo. flaming a game that has been for all practical purposes "fixed" is lame.
    I purchased it several days ago on a Steam sale and have not looked back.. its shocking
    to get a game like this for so little.
    The innovation alone makes it a great game.. the freedom of movement and smoothness can be compared to no game out today.
    The customization is simply fantastic and the graphics / environments beg to be climbed over , perched on and slid under etc. Its a game that got a bad start but really deserves to be played now.
    sound and voice acting are superb as well with a very interesting story line to be unlocked via mission and challenge completions. for myself i truly hope that more people revisit the game and the servers see more players. i have always been able to find a active server but there are not many and as good as this game is there certainly deserves to be.
  72. May 24, 2011
    Alright do, I have played A LOT of shooters, from the original Call of Duty on PC, to Black OPS, and there is one thing that all those games don't have, and that's complete teamwork. In most games, if you have the right weapon and perks, you can take out the entire team with one clip. Where the teamwork in that? In BRINK, it's an Objective Based game, which makes it REQUIRE teamwork. And a lot of people don't get that, they would rather go out and get kills and then try to get a small group and beat some face while the needed class works on the objective, I have lost countless matched because of people trying to get the reward of "Most Kills" than trying to win. I don't see a grinding process, because if you are doing your classes job, you will level. There is a huge differentiation between classes, and you see it. You will notice when your team is missing a class, it sucks. But people need to realize that you can't run around, and kill 25 people and expect something awesome to happen. There is no I in Teamwork. Now is one thing though, storyline is very bad. When you jump in, you really have no idea what is going or really how to play. Which isn't that good, but hey, they wanted to focus on online, and they hit it right on the nail. They could some more maps and some new objective, but these will work til they come out with some DLC. Expand
  73. May 25, 2011
    This game is worth every penny. It's a perfect mix of objective-based gameplay, character / weapon customization and parkour elements. And it works so well. You can contribute to your team in many ways, including doing simple side objectives like capturing command posts or constructing a shortcut to give your team an edge. Even simple things like reviving a dying player will give you XP which will unlock new items for your character, including abilities and visual gear.

There ARE some flaws though. My FPS is jumpy even at the lowest settings (a result of poor optimization) and there's not enough maps to keep interest in the game.

Overall, the game feels and plays great. I love it. Stealthing to the frontlines and taking out half of the enemy team with a molotov **** is a ton of fun. There's plenty of hidden spots for snipers too, if that's your sort of thing. The game is very rewarding to play and the sense of teamwork is immense. Get it.
  74. May 29, 2011
    I love this game but it is not for everyone. Brink is a class based online multiplayer team shooter that claims to be the next step.
    The day 1 game-breaking bugs were not exactly auspicious, however, they have since been fixed and free dlc should drop in June to ameliorate any sore feelings. Once the game actually worked, I discovered a genuinely innovative fps; fun, striking and worth
    investing some time in.
    The visuals are distinctive and wonderfully stylish but in terms of graphical smoothness or crispness, Brink isn't the best (but not the worst either). Environments are littered with nooks and crannies and, though busy, are well designed. Perhaps more maps would have been better but more should follow with dlc.
    Gameplay is where Brink really shines with the need for teamwork being central. In fact, this can become frustrating when you are the only person on your team who recognises this and you end up being turned over with little effort by a coherent opposing team. Kills are not the important milestick by which success is measured but points for team actions are the key.
    The free-running aspect integrates extremely smoothly into the overall feel, with the three different body types (Light, medium and heavy) able to access different weapons and parkour skills which present different tactical options. There is a good selection of different guns that are defined allowing for different styles of play. The weapons feel well designed and meaty and the sound engineering is superb. For those who loved the attention to detail that went into Battlefield: BC2 in this regard should check this game out.
    Team play is enabled by the innovative (or at least I haven't seen it anywhere else) mission wheel that allows you to select objectives and see how many others have selected each objective. However, Splash Damage could have made it easier to see when it is appropriate to change class and each map's objectives can be confusing on the first couple of plays.
    One of the biggest features touted by Splash Damage was the 'seamless integration of online and offline play'. This is a crock of s***. Well partly; it would no doubt be an important feature if the ai players were not as stupid as a bag of hammers. Any team which gets lumped with ai players are doomed to lose. Fortunately, most servers do not automatically add ai players providing enough human players are joined. This was really a missed opportunity by Splash Damage as if they had nailed the ai, no doubt it would have been as innovative as they said. Having said this, providing a reasonably full server is chosen, this limitation is not an issue.
    All in all, you really have to try the gameplay for yourself if you want to know whether this team based combat mixed with parkour and meaty weaponry is for you.
  75. Jun 28, 2011
    This is a good game, contrary to it's metascore. But, of course, you have to be in the right mood for it. If you're all about taking showers of bullets without a blink, or seeing kill/death ratios, then don't bother. However, if you're in the mood for run-and-gun gameplay, team tactics that discourage individual tactics, high movement freedoms, and not taking THAT many bullets, then sure as hell: buy this game.

On the console, this game is pretty good. It has several control schemes from different popular games (Mastered CoD/Halo/Killzone/L4D/Gears controls? They have that scheme) to ensure there's less confusion at the start of the game getting used to controls. And even IF you haven't played one of those, the controls are nigh fully customizable. The S.M.A.R.T controls are easy to learn, and easy to master, making moving all over the place entirely simple, teaching your opponents to look up if they want to live. The objectives are simple enough that a total newbie can figure out what to do, and the objective wheel has become a lifesaver to me, making sure I'm never lost and even rewarding me for just standing next to an objective-required ally.

With the weapons being fully customizable, without the limitations of CoD (you don't need a special perk to have a red dot sight, muzzle break, speed sling, duct-tape magazine, and underslung grenade launcher on your assault rifle), you feel like its YOUR gun, not a preset the game gives you, with every attachment affecting the gun in many ways (the muzzle break adds damage, but makes you easier to spot on radar when you fire, as well as reducing accuracy slightly). Your appearance is customizable (sadly, not everything is unlocked at once, but that only increases it's replay value), making you feel very unique on the battlefield, rather than a uniformed mute. The accents are a cute addition, further adding personality to your avatar, and can sometimes be a hilarious addition (imagine a paper-white guy, with war paint on his face, spouting in a rasta accent "I'm taking the health command post!").

The body types were a wonderful addition, changing the way I played for the better. I was never all about the tanking unit, taking several shots before going down, walking at a snails pace, and holding huge weapons without being affected. I was more about traveling light, moving swiftly along the battlefield, trying not to be shot instead of gritting my teeth through the maelstrom. Though I don't play as heavy, it's rather cool to see a big guy walking on the battlefield, backed up by several medium builds, and two of the anorexic and lightning fast light builds.

The buffs are a wonderful choice taken from BC2 and TF2, rewarding teamwork. For example, the medic gets experience for healing his allies, healing takes a few moments, and a good medic can change the tide of battle. Though they can heal themselves, it takes longer than normal, grants no experience, and is subject to a cooldown period, making it a wiser decision to help others than help yourself. It is further aided by special abilities like Metabolism boost (decreases time necessary to regenerate own health) being unable to be given to oneself. My only complaint is that the Operative has no abilities to directly aid his allies. Sure, he can use Comms Hack to have every enemy appear on the radar for a short time, but that doesn't DIRECTLY help anyone, which is a shame, but it reminds you that the Operative is an individual unit, love it or lump it.

Sure, the AI for singleplayer is terrible, but isn't that to be expected? Look at the AI for the bots in CSS, or the coding for the random enemies in CoD, or other FPS, and it's to be expected that AI for these games will never replace a human in a game like this. I will point out that the number of maps is dreadfully small, and the gamemodes are fairly minimal, but apparently the first bit of Brink DLC will add to these two, and I can't wait for it.

There are negatives to this game, but they CAN be overlooked in the sense of the game being quite addictive. Now, some of it should be fixed, though. One major complaint for balancing is that the abilities you can purchase are unlimited, so you can purchase and USE every perk by the time you reach a high enough level. This will likely mean that every high ranker will have incredibly useful stuff, without much balancing. Just as well, grenades taking from your supply meter as a medic makes me hesitant to ever throw one as it could be better spent bringing someone back to their feet, but I know it's all in the name of balancing. I don't know how the computer version measures up to the console version as of yet, but I can foresee that most of it will be similar, save for controls and graphics.

All in all, Brink is a game worth buying (maybe not for $50 US...but still worth a try). My best advice for enjoying this game, have a friend play it with you online.
  76. Dec 1, 2011
    You know the games you buy and just enjoy playing because it is fun and challenging and if you are at school or work, just can't wait to get home to fire it up and start playing over and over and over? This is not one of those games. I come from a background of games that require skill like Unreal Tournament 2004 etc. - this game just feels like a game for console. You jump literally 3 inches - did not see any purpose to jump in this game. Basically you are running and shooting...how do you avoid being shot? sliding? lol ok BAM right in your face with my shotty or whatever weapon while you are sliding. I really wanted to like this game but even with the sale for 5 bucks I just can't bring myself to pay anything for something I know I won't be playing on a semi regular basis. I'm not one of those elite A Holes that thinks they can pwn everything on the contrary my skills are mediocre at best...but as a guy I prefer to play a game with a little challenge to it. This is one person's opinion and you are welcome to love this game and play it...it's just to bland for my taste. Also as others have stated the maps are bland. Take advantage of the Steam deal and try it out before buying but please save your money before making a decision first. Expand
  77. Jul 5, 2011
    i have played it.it is so awesome....i can customize the character with an awesome stuff.....
    i can customized the weapon too.which is awesome. i always play it...i would say this is the best multiplayer game.i like cod too.but i like brink better.cuz i always like this game...
  78. Aug 10, 2011
    I'm giving it a 10 to boost it to 8 where it deserves. I think there is some moblike attitude about this game.

To be honest for the first 30 min of game I was like.. oh man this game sucks it's true. But I gave it more time. After a couple of hours I was hooked. It's very dynamic. The running is very natural and lifelike unlike many games... the parkour is amazing and you can glide
    naturally through the level.

People are bashing it just because everyone bashed it in the first place. I played on my desktop and it run amazingly fluid with no hickups no bugs no issues whatsoever and no lag. The multiplayer is dynamic and engaging. I don't like some of the objectives and how they are executed but after you get used to the gameplay it's extremely rewarding to see a team work togheter.

So really invest some time in it. Forget all the hype and see it for what it is : a TF2 type of game with a great heart at the core and a story that at first seems superficial actually has some depth to it and raises some issues.

6.3 right now it's unfair and seems there is a agenda to bash the game rather than a true objective scoring.
  79. Apr 28, 2013
    Refreshing break from Call of Duty and it has some interesting gameplay. Also it is very fun with its additional features it has than other FPS shooter games out there like Battlefield or Call of Duty.
  80. Aug 1, 2013
    This is one of my favorite games of all time. People hated it, they said it didn't live up to the expectations, especially the ones provided from it's cinematic trailer at E3. The game is incredibly in-depth, more than people think. It may have a short campaign, but it's amazing sound files easily fill any plot holes, and then overflow to the point of an awesome story. People say the story doesn't make sense, yet I have a feeling they didn't take the time to look deeper. Beyond that, the multiplayer is great. Critics were angry that the scoreboard was nothing but points, which can be gotten from kills, revives, objectives, anything. I think it's genius. They are taking Brink's most important element, it's team playing, and ranks players based on that. The Engineer who sits back and defends the briefcase, or the Medic who keeps the informant alive, they will usually get more points than the guy who tries to go out and kill everyone. And, Team Fortress 2 does the same thing, yet it gets praised for it. This game takes elements from so many games, and weaves it so beautifully. It has the fast-paced combat of Call of Duty, the class system of Battlefield, the Team-Play-requirement of Team Fortress 2 (Cause let's be honest, Battlefield has kind of lost it's team spirit) and sure, it doesn't render graphics as fast as we'd like it to, but since when does graphics make a game? Essentially, if I were to describe this game to someone, I'd tell them Team Fortress 2 in a post-apocalyptic future. Look deep down, you know it's true. The game is balanced, there's no uber-OP gun that kills everyone, Sniper Rifles take skill to use, so that trumps Call of Duty. Someone who runs and guns isn't going to do even remotely as well as a team player. This puts it equal to, and in some cases, above Battlefield. Team Fortress 2 perfectly modeled the art of team playing, with Brink just below it. Why do people dislike this game so much, when it is so beautifully crafted, by such a great team of developers? Expand
  81. May 26, 2012
    This is an absolutely fantastic multiplayer shooter. Very well thought through maps and game mechanics. Its not a simple shooter though, dedication is recommended ;) The classes all got access to the same weapons, only the body type does restrict the choices. This allows you to play each class with your prefered combat style and one might ask himself why it hasnt always been that way in shooters. The "SMART" movement system is something i dont want to ever miss again in any shooter. Overcoming obstacles, sliding and taking shortcuts becomes second nature realy quick with the improved run and jump keys. The maps are large (switching objectives) with nice layout. Takes a while to know them inside out. The weapons can be customized to fit your playstyle. With care though, as the upgrades can also have negative effects which are quite a bit more severe then it appears on the weapons stats. This is simply put one of the best thought through multiplayer shooters to have ever been created. Just like SD's last title though, it's not suitable for everyone. Any shooter fanatic that is good in all types of fps games should be very happy with this title. It does need a patch or two, but only minor issues, like sound breaking down every once in a while (fixed on mapchange or reconnect). Hardware requirements are pretty high though, i would recommend at least a core2quad@3.6 Ghz or a i5@3 Ghz and a grafics card of at least gtx570 performance. This should result in 50 to 100 fps. SLI works well too.------------UPDATE: Same as their other titles, this game did not appeal to the masses. The lack of "toy kills" (possibility to nade spam and other things to get free kills) is not everyones taste. And the choice of using the clunky idtech4 instead of the superbly idtech3 wasnt a wise choice either. The community is about dead, but if you pick up this game on a steam sale you will still find populated euro servers. Expand
  82. Aug 6, 2011
    Overall The Game Is unique with character customization, Weapon classes, and perks. Challenges are fun to kill time and the campaign is pretty fun. Its a lot difference from any other FPS game. Multi-player is where it gets iffy..... It`s basically single player but instead of bots there are real players and there are still bots thrown in unless you find the option to get rid of them(old school mode). You also have to deal with the bad servers. Even with a decent connection you will get lag. Expand
  83. Jun 13, 2011
    This is an excellent multiplayer FPS, and surprisingly it's still interesting to play solo, contrary to what some say. I have an NVidia card, so I never had any issues with the game, and I heard that a lot, if not all, of the ATI issues have been patched. However, for once there is a game with objectives, not a low-brow FPS which only require to have the maximum kill count. Plus the objectives are dynamic, they change during one game, and they are not symetric, so playing in each of the sides is very different. The ability to choose your character and customize the weapons is great too, because as always you can't have the best of all, you have to choose. This is by far the best multiplayer game in my game library with TF2 and Left 4 Dead 1/2 (which are very different). Expand
  84. Aug 7, 2011
    I'm really surprised by so many of the mediocre/bad reviews... They just aren't accurate for everybody apparently. I have an ATI 6850 and it runs perfect with no lag, glitches, at highest settings. I haven't run in to any bugs or lag yet, and I really hate just about anything that might come between me and immersion. This game successfully mixes a similar feel to movement and controls from Call of Duty with some entertaining parkour-style moves and a futuristic utopia environment from Mirror's Edge, and similar class/appearance options and team objectives from Team Fortress to come up with one of the best shooters I've played in years. I also love the ongoing campaign of the two factions vying for control. My biggest complaint is how I don't see myself playing much else as long as this is available. Expand
  85. Jun 6, 2011
    I normally abstain from team-based games, but after 65.5 hours with Brink I have changed my mind. The game may not have had a great launch, but not many do. Brink establishes more depth in a FPS than any I've ever played and I desperately want a sequel to this game, or another to come out and implement these same features, only better. PC gaming is suffering because our expectations are too high, but this is a game that should have fared better. I'm sure we'll look back on "What Brink could have been" when we're waist deep in games that are all borrowing from and improving upon its innovations, approach, and game-mechanics. I suffered few issues with the game, and I have had nothing but good times. Yes there are negatives, but it's mostly because of lack of teamwork among players, but that's kind of why I've always hated this genre. Expand
  86. Jun 8, 2011
    Brink is a visually impressive game, with amazing original art! The character customization is great with lots of varied styles to choose from. The gameplay is fast paced and very well balanced. The levels look great and with a few exceptions are designed rather well. I personally did not experience any of the major bugs that some people had a launch, other than the issue with sound cutting out on one map for everyone. Overall this is my favorite FPS so far of 2011. Expand
  87. Jun 8, 2011
    This game has some serious network issues. As a co-op game, you'd expect to be able to simply join a buddy with no hassle. This isn't so simple. However, even if I pardon this issue, Brink still doesn't have much to offer as a FULL PRICE game. Pick this up at 20$ maybe.
  88. Aug 3, 2011
    A real great game! I've stayed away from FPS for a log time now as they were all the same No so with BRINK. I've never had ANY issues (PC). The team base system is a great idea and rewards you for helping your team and completing objectives. No more running in and shooting or spamming grenades for wins. The park tour style is killer you really aren't restricted. Climb, slide and battle your way to a win. Grab some friends and have a great time. Expand
  89. Aug 5, 2011
    I downloaded it for the Tf2 content to be honest,but i realized it LOOKED nice,but was disappointed to see that the words were barely readable,I couldn't tell what to do.It might be o.k. if it finally decides to work right now it's just slow and takes up room on my computer...and you don't get the tf2 item anyways because I don't really own it to begin with,it was just a game of the week.And it turns out to be on 3D mode.It might be o.k. though. Expand
  90. Jan 25, 2013
    This game is probably the most underrated video game I've ever played. I don't think I'll ever understand why everyone hates it so much. I really enjoyed my time with this game. The gameplay was a really fun mixture between single player, co-op, and multiplayer shooters, and I don't see any real flaws with it other than the A.I., which is pretty idiotic. As for the graphics, I don't see any real problems with those either. I think Brink has great graphics. They seem like a mixture between Call of Duty's realistic graphics, and Team Fortress 2's cartoony ones. Yes there are low-res textures in Brink, and yes there are a few bad texture pop-ins, but those don't ruin the gameplay experience at all. As for the story, it's meh. The good news is that it is very easy to understand. Mankind built a self-sustaining city of the future called the Ark, but this went wrong, and now two sides are fighting each other for control. One side wants to save the Ark, and the other side wishes to escape it. The bad news is that the rest of the story is filled with cutscenes that lack character development, have several plot holes, and overall are just a bunch of soldiers feeling conflicted over their cause. Since the story is easy to understand however, I wouldn't say much of this is really important. I'd say that the biggest problem with this game is that when it came out, it was worth 60 bucks, but it is cheaper now (only 20), and is now a better deal overall. This game is also even better with the Agents of Change Downloadable content pack, which only costs two dollars more. Overall, I'd say that this game is highly underrated, and deserves a second look by everyone who has played it. Expand
  91. Oct 13, 2011
    I did not understand why people are so against to this game. This game ROCK!! First of all, i did not see any major bugs, all the patches fixed tham it seems, and also there is not any performance issue, i am running this game on i5 2500k, 8gb ram, hd 6870 gpu, and it aint dropped to 30fps i can honestly say that, but to inform you, there is a little, fps cap limit although your V-SYNC is turned off, if you are playing solo campaign or host server, your fps is capped to 30, i know it is a little bit annoying.. As for the graphics, graphics are shiny, colorful and awesome !!! ESPECIALLY the characters and their details, it rocks ! ! As for a multiplayer game, the story is not that weak for me, the plot is good, and you feel like you are into it. Maps designed very good, every map is kinda unique i can say that. And every map includes different plot and quests. Conclusion: This Game Rocks guys.. I don't understand how it got 6.2 overall from users... Kinda disapointing that people do not satisfy easily. But this is good game. It is 19.99 USD on Steam... Do NOT MISS IT !!!!!!!!!! Expand
  92. Nov 13, 2011
    An excellent team-based multiplayer shooter. The bugs people have complained about seem to have been fixed, as I have had no problems at all playing with an ATI card. Plays like a very much upgraded version of Wolf: ET. Objectives require different classes to complete them, which I have always liked better than simple "capture the flag" games. Team play is very much rewarded, and the objective system works very well. The character customization is also great, and can give you the same feeling of identifying with your character as an MMO. The other thing people complain about in this game is the "spread" when firing. I think this is something the game does right, and it adds realistic challenge to the game. If you're spraying with an SMG, don't expect to hit with every single shot! If you want more hits, either use the iron sights, get closer, shoot in short bursts, or use a more accurate weapon! The back story is also great. This game is very much under rated, especially now that the price has come down to $20. Expand
  93. Dec 6, 2011
    Brink did what multiplayer games have been wanting to do since the start, make a game that actually needs teamwork to win, nothings overpowered or underpowered, and has a high replayablility.
    Brink is not a game. It is art. 10/10 only cuz I'm saving 11/10 for the sequel :)
  94. Dec 1, 2011
    I don't get the hate. There is a bit of a learning curve with the objectives, but once you get the hang of it and start unlocking skills/weapon attributes, this game is an absolute blast!
  95. May 17, 2012
    Brink is - atleast in my opinion - a great shooter which failed at the users intelligence. The problem this game has, 90% of the community play it like its just a TDM on all maps, even though you NEITHER can get a good score with this NOR it helps your team with that attitude. In fact that's what made BRINK not the star on the videogame skyline it has deserved to be. Like a quote of the chief producer said:
    "BRINK is not about shooting heads, it's about to achieve something - TOGETHER, as a TEAM."

If you just think about this sentence when you play and you work towards the targets instead of a good K/D, you can have unbelievable much fun with this game - but for that, you must grant BRINK a chance, believe me, it deserved atleast one.
  96. Oct 11, 2012
    I honestly suggest this to any fan of First Person Shooting this game brings alot to the table Customization, A Great Experience, Shooting,Shooting, more shooting and of course PARKOUR which is basically jumping over obstacles or sliding through stuff and climbing stuff anyways the game is A great and Tremendous change over Call of duty which is not doing very well due to mw3 sucking bad!! and battlefield which has had mixed opinions about it but here we have an OLD-SCHOOL "Enemy Territory" kind of game which in my opinion the best style for a action FPS especially when theres multiplayer involved and of course with the pc version having people online to play with i got in 1 lobby and thought to myself gee no lag, no hackers sweet i bought this game for 9 bucks no joke and it was the SteelBook Edition which had everything in it which i found pretty cool yes i kid you not this Game is AMAZING my final verdict is a 10/10 totally a MUST BUY Expand
  97. Jan 27, 2014
    Interesting visuals, climatic music, the best AI available in FPS game, especially at Hard difficulty level. Perfect game for anyone interested in a multiplayer FPS but prefers to play mainly with bots. The Brink will provide you with tens if not hundreds of fast-paced, objective-based combat. SMART movement system and Objective Wheel (used also to communicate with your teammates about your intentions, so they can adjust theirs) are both truly ingenious inventions by Splash Damage. I hope that Extraction (aka Dirty Bomb) will carry over the best features of Brink (including the AI), and it will deserve to be called Brink 2 (Improved Brink). Expand
  98. Jun 21, 2014
    Brink was a game I loved on the PS3. The parkour system [S.M.A.R.T.] was quite good, the gameplay was fast but I was able to catch up with it. The customization on the guns was decent. The missions were fine, as they ranged from "Free this random dude, and escort him/Prevent the enemy from freeing and escorting said dude" to "Capture random object and do... SOMETHING with it/Stop the enemy from doing said thing with said object". I rarely, and I repeat, RARELY, saw any glitches. The most I came across was some slight spazzing, but that was ignorable. When I saw that it was on Steam, I REALLY wanted to get it. But I simply check the reviews... and complaints of the apparent 'glitch city' and the multiplayer dying down... WHAT?!
    As stated before, I barely saw any glitches. And this about the Multiplayer being dead...
    *sigh*... Why...?
  99. May 13, 2011

1. Oct 19, 2011
    Brink is destined to be a cult classic (on PC), for us fans of Quake Wars. Has no single player value but high entry difficulty due to tight team focus and sprawling maps. Good, but not nearly as damn good as Quake Wars. I like Brink but it is no wonder that most gamers don't. [June 2011]
  2. Jul 26, 2011
    Who would have thought that this highly ambitious concept would turn out to be such a bland game?
  3. Jun 24, 2011
    Brink's unique visual style and great customization options save the day. Although its core gameplay needs some polishing, it's a solid multiplayer-only experience nevertheless. [July 2011, p.81]