8.3

1. Dec 1, 2011
    This is a decent point and click adventure--made me feel like I was part of a Johnny Quest cartoon. The story is an engaging history lesson in 14th century Templar Knights and the voice acting is well done. It is a very casual adventure; the puzzles are extremely easy, plus the blue markers remove any difficulty in finding whatever you need, plus there is a hint system in the unlikelyThis is a decent point and click adventure--made me feel like I was part of a Johnny Quest cartoon. The story is an engaging history lesson in 14th century Templar Knights and the voice acting is well done. It is a very casual adventure; the puzzles are extremely easy, plus the blue markers remove any difficulty in finding whatever you need, plus there is a hint system in the unlikely event you get stuck. On the downside, the graphics are dated and the movement is slow paced making the game longer than it needs to be. But overall, it was pleasantly entertaining. Expand
  2. Feb 24, 2015
    The premise is lame. She didn't kill the man, but wants to interfere with the crime scene which is illegal. I know that perhaps I take it too seriously but to start the game on such lame premise coupled with the voice of the lead character which absolutely doesn't suit her. The character is in her 20–30s while the voice is in the 50–60s.
  3. Dec 25, 2015
    Okay but flawed. This game certainly has its strength on puzzles, which were often quite clever and fun. And the dialogue had just enough witty snark to entertain me and keep me going. However, The game’s overarching story (or lack thereof) wasn’t very intriguing. Sure, there’s reportedly some secret organization tailing you, but at the end of the day it’s just a long treasure hunt. AndOkay but flawed. This game certainly has its strength on puzzles, which were often quite clever and fun. And the dialogue had just enough witty snark to entertain me and keep me going. However, The game’s overarching story (or lack thereof) wasn’t very intriguing. Sure, there’s reportedly some secret organization tailing you, but at the end of the day it’s just a long treasure hunt. And there were so many expository lines that were mindbogglingly boring. I was half-asleep each time the history of the templars were mentioned. Plus, the voice acting was quite bad. The main characters were alright, but some of the minor characters sounded god-awful. Accents (Spanish, Scottish, etc.) were way off, and the acting often was either comical or flat.

I quite liked the aspect of playing two different characters at the beginning, so it was disappointing when George took full charge and Nico became less of a character than the NPCs. It was a letdown especially considering Nico was the one with the personal motives to pursue all the mystery. Apparently, in the original version of the game, George was the only playable character, and Nico was turned into a partially playable character in the remake, which explains her taking the backseat all of a sudden. Not a very good idea to offer a new playable character only to take her away some time later. And speaking of Nico and George, I didn’t like the token romance between them.
  4. Jun 23, 2015
    After all these years I finally bought this game and forced myself to play through. Generally I'm a fan of point&click adventures, but can't say I enjoyed this one much. The puzzles were not very interesting and the pace was slow. Felt like there was dozen times a variation of the most basic puzzle: "find a key to open a door". Probably the overall style of the game just wasn't my piece ofAfter all these years I finally bought this game and forced myself to play through. Generally I'm a fan of point&click adventures, but can't say I enjoyed this one much. The puzzles were not very interesting and the pace was slow. Felt like there was dozen times a variation of the most basic puzzle: "find a key to open a door". Probably the overall style of the game just wasn't my piece of cake, because the plot felt so badly worn-out. But something good also: visuals, especially character animation were splendid work. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. PC Gamer UK
    Dec 30, 2010
    Wonky visuals, but this is as close to The Da Vinci Code meets Monkey Island as we'll get. Did I mention the hot French accent?
  2. Oct 27, 2010
    Maybe new players who don't know the series might find the story uncohesive or even might be dissapointed by its graphics. But Broken Swords fans should buy it without hesitation.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Simplified and slightly extended version of a legendary adventure game uses somewhat obsolete visuals but still counts as one of the best games of all times. [Issue#196]