8.6

1. Sep 3, 2013
    Great storyline, it speaks to me like no other game I've played so far. Really connects the player to the game and makes you feel something special all thru every second of it! Love
  2. Sep 3, 2013
    This game is a gem. i didn't expect to like it so much. The story and ending are simply amazing. I recommend this game to anyone who likes a good adventure. The game is only 3 hours long and there is not too much of a challenge but overall it's an awesome experience. i enjoyed this more than any of these recent blockbuster games. Yes it's that good. 9/10
  3. Sep 4, 2013
    Great, though short game. This game is probably for those age 12 and 15, though the emotional story is powerful and would appeal to adults as well. My concern is that the price point is too high for a game of this length (about three hours), and its appeal to an English audience and keyboard users. Though I selected the English tab on startup I did not see any subtitles, nor hear any English being spoken. You don't really need any spoken dialogue to follow the story, which is a lot like the non-sanitized German children's stories I heard/read growing up. Again well written/designed game. Expand
  4. Sep 5, 2013
    I don't give 10's... except for this game. Yeah it really is that good. The story is amazing and after about 5-10 minutes it's difficult to put it down. There is no dialogue just some gibberish being spoken between the characters. Every character you meet in this game is amazingly thought out and the story just keeps driving you forward. A new experience in multitasking trying to control both brothers at once, and it's great. Expand
  5. Sep 5, 2013
    this game is like smack on the face to many other AAA big games. control is simple gameplay is simple, but it offers a great experience. (-1 for not much replay value) visual and the story just draws your emotion right from the start till the end. this is not a main stream game but if you like the journey on PS3 this is a game for you. plus gamepad is highly recommended. since at first i used keyboard to play but seems a little glitchy, switch to a gamepad then everything works prefectly fine. good jobs on the developer you just earn a fan Expand
  6. Sep 26, 2013
    A classic through and through. Hard to fault this game to be honest and wholly justifies it's high praise. Started and finished in one sitting just shy of 4 hours (I paced myself as I didn't want it it end). Will I play it again? Probably not for a few years at least. Even with that in mind, I highly recommend anyone give this a bash as it's worth your money and your time. Enjoy.
  7. Oct 22, 2013
    For such a short indie game this a very good game and experience and a must buy for a Steam sale. The only con is of course its length as the game is very short but maybe with its great success it will be expanded upon.
  8. ndr
    Oct 6, 2013
    This is one of the best games I ever played. The story is incredible, the mechanics are so easy to learn but sometimes tricky to master. Graphics and music is awesome!

Truly amazing!
  9. Sep 24, 2013
    one of the best games of this year set in a fantasy world from the beginning it socked me into its world with its outstanding visuals amazing music and fantastic storyline support the developers and get this game it's definitely one of the best games of this year
  10. Sep 9, 2013
    This is one of the few games you can truly call "art". The way the story is portrayed, the way characters are developed (even without any! comprehensible dialogue) and the way the game pulls you into the story is simply marvelous.

This game is a must play for any gamer worth his salt.
  11. Nov 9, 2013
    A game that everyone should play. It's gaming at its finest. Gameplay and story intertwined to give one of the best gaming experiences ever without even saying a word.

A controller is highly recommended.
  12. Sep 28, 2013
    I loved it, the game conveys a powerful story without saying a word in any actual language, go play it f you haven't already, there's nothing quite like it out there
  13. Jan 5, 2014
    Artistic masterpiece. Some may not like the game being "easy"... but, it's an incredible ride. Most fun I've had in a videogame in a long time. I found myself seeking cliches and game mechanics of other games... and gladly I wasn't satiated. This is a very unique experience, and the art direction, atmosphere... all of it. Wow! I'd love to play a sequel. Also, the voice acting (although a different language) and music is very well done. Expand
  14. Oct 2, 2013
    A game like no other.
    That is a statement I can say and be true with this game, having to control two characters is a breath of fresh air and provides some great unique moments.
    The journey this game takes you on is pretty fantastic, its lasts about 3 hours and is really well paced with no parts that will bore you. The game is mainly summed up of puzzles which will require you to use the
    characters at the same time in order to progress which is pretty daunting at first and takes a little time to get used to but once you do its really fun.

The game is also rather pretty, with some great vista's. To be honest its hard to talk about this game without spoiling the experience, its a game you need to play yourself and for the price you should. If you liked to play something different, you should play this.
  15. Oct 30, 2013
    Easily one of the most beautiful and innovative games I've ever played!
    A fantasy adventure like none I've played before with stunning visuals and a fantastic sound track.

You have to play that.
  16. Oct 4, 2013
    This is the most unique game I have ever played, I would say the best game as well and I have been playing quite hardcore the past decade. The environment is amazing and the camera work also, things rarely repeat itself as they tend to do in many other games, and the emotional roller-coaster this game delivers is outstanding, I have never EVER cried to a video-game before, and very rarely to movies. But I burst out in tears like a little girl, wow just wow. I'm blown away from this game.

Best 12€ I ever spent on a video game, top class Starbreeze, top class!
  17. Oct 5, 2013
    This game is amazing! Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons touch my heart.Great controller and combination, suberb art-style and amazing soundtrack.I love it.Best adventure-puzzle game of 2013.must play.
  18. Sep 5, 2013
    This game was very good, great visuals, good story and unique interesting game play. I really did not expect to be impressed with this one and was rather skeptical of the 'single player co-op controlling 2 characters at once, but it was done very well and imo it was great to see something new and innovative in a game like this, it offered many new challenges and ways to deal with them. all around great game, check it out you wont be let down. The only downside was the length was rather short only taking approx 3 hours to finish. but still well worth it Expand
  19. Oct 27, 2013
    Graphically, this is the most beautiful game I have ever played. The music is also beautiful. I was disappointed with how the story turned out but despite that, the game absolutely amazed me.
  20. Sep 18, 2013
    An outstanding little game. It has fairly basic puzzle gameplay and somewhat questionable controls, but the graphics, setting and emotionally impacting story more than makes up for it. A fantastic and meaningful adventure that is recommended to all.
  21. Sep 30, 2013
    A must have! If you only play it to try the unique control system and see the beautifully rendered scenery, then so be it. It's also pretty challenging at times and very addicting. I personally had some problems with the storyline...but it didn't take away from my game experience. No other game has provided the sensations I had while playing Brothers. I'm usually the type of player that likes only the challenge of a game, but with this one I found myself stopping to look at the scenery many times. In fact, not just stopping, staring and saying whaaaaat?!?! This game covers the gamut of emotions and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good game. Expand
  22. Oct 10, 2013
    Although someone might find the length of this game to be too short to pay about 14 i would still believe this is a game that is definitely worth it. When you compare it to what it would cost you to buy a movie which might last half the time you'll spend on this game it isn't really that expensive.
    The story, the soundtrack, the art and the puzzles will give you an unforgettable
    experience.
    -The puzzles aren't all that challenging, but they are still very entertaining and innovative. I feel this is a good choice since hard and frustrating puzzles would make it harder to enjoy the story and the world that surrounds you.
  23. Nov 17, 2013
    This is a game that lives up to its scores and then some. It has to be experienced, 'nuff said. To add one other thing, however, this was the first game in quite a while that truly stopped me in my tracks, pulled me in directions and left me speechless; reliving my adventures and the memories of beloved characters, the game resonated long following its conclusion.
  24. Nov 1, 2013
    Absolutely Amazing! This right here, is how you do story telling games! Incredible art in this game, the visuals will blow you away. It is like you are walking through a watercolor painting. The soundtrack is truly enchanting at times as well.

This game can be beat in a few hours I highly recommend you play this and allow yourself to take it all in at once, much like a cinematic
    experience. The ending of this game left me gasping "Wow, Holy wow! Absolutely Incredible". This instantly goes down as one of my all time favorite visual media experiences.

This is an unforgettable adventure you should undertake!

copy and pasted from my steam profile
  25. Nov 10, 2013
    Long time did not play a game so interesting. One of the best games I've played. Exciting, engaging, control characters fantastic. I recommend to those who really like adventure games.
    I am very demanding games, and this game has exceeded all my expectations.

Português-Portuguese
    Faz muito tempo que não jogo um jogo tão interessante. Um dos melhores jogos que joguei. Empolgante,
    envolvente, controle de personagens fantástico. Recomendo a quem realmente gosta de jogos de aventura.
    Eu sou muito exigente para jogos, e esse jogo superou todas as minhas expectativas.
  26. Nov 13, 2013
    This is one of the most beautiful masterpieces ever created. The way you control each of the Brothers and how you solve puzzles had me glued for every hour. The side"quests" like saving the Baby Turtles that most people would miss really made me feel like the developers really wanted you to stop an view every small detail at every corner to see if there was some small "Quest" or cut-scene to view. I highly recommend this game. Expand
  27. Nov 1, 2013
    The gameplay is very simple, and a bit of a novelty, but play to the end and you'll understand the artistry of it. Keyboard controls work, but was designed and works best with a gamepad. It's a much darker game than I was expecting, but one filled with stunning beauty and a bit of humor too. My one complaint is that I wish it were longer. It's a short but bittersweet fantsy-adventure-puzzle game that will probably haunt you. Well worth the small price if you're not someone totally averse to a bit of melancholy. A warning: if you've ever lost someone close to you, there's probably something in this game that will be an emotional trigger. Expand
  28. Jan 17, 2014
    One of the most moving and atmospherical games I ever played. The completely new game mechanics is another achievement which puts this game on a level above a lot of other games and lets it win a spot in my heart forever. Buy!
  29. Oct 25, 2013
    about 4 and a half awesome hours of amazing feelings,atmospheric world,great gameplay and amazing soundtracks. a real great experience that i never seen before and the two brothers are both awesome especially the younger one.
    i gotta say this is the BEST adventure game i've ever played i'll give it a 9.5 coz i really wanted the game to last longer.
    i guess this game deserves to be
    nominated for GOTY Expand
  30. May 29, 2014
    Innovative game-play and controls scheme, beautiful environments and artistic style, touching story, interesting spatial puzzles ... quite short (less than 5 hours) but I still highly recommend it to everybody willing to try something non-standard and different.
  31. Oct 10, 2013
    a little hidden gem in the world of videogames, a title that can be considered a true artwork, a masterpiece that can thrill you from start to finish. A plot that can keep you glued to the game for the duration of the story, although this is quite short, but given the quality of the game this is the only fault I could find...
  32. Sep 10, 2013
    This game is awesome. It's well made, there are a lot of cool puzzles for two characters, picture and environment changes often, so you will never get boring. And YES, you must control two characters simultaneously. That's not the greatest part of this game, but there are no other options for such gameplay. Unlike platformers like Lara Croft tGoL some of local puzzles are so bind to exactly two characters, so you can't understand how you never before had a game with such a great things. My god, I love this game. Suddenly this is one of the best games in this year. Expand
  33. Sep 13, 2013
    Game perfect at all cases. Visual, gameplay, story, interesting along a whole game, perfect ending, not too long, without serious bugs. I think this game "must play" for all gamers, especially if you have a brother or sister game will be much more sensual and sentimental (I was near crying at the end).
    For the last ten or more years computer game has awakened sentimental feelings in me!
  34. Sep 8, 2013
    Brothers almost the only modern game that can pass without getting any achievements. There is no open world, side quests, leveling characters, gathering equipment and weapons, difficulty levels and other things that we used to see in other current-gen titles. In this case, A Tale of Two Sons an interactive story in the best sense of the word. The story that will not give away from the game until the screen will not run the final credits. Expand
  35. Sep 14, 2013
    One of the best games i bought for the PC. Its worth every penny. This game is really adventurous. I love the graphics. The storyline is extravaganza. It creates love between me and this game. Its a must try for all PC gamers who love playing adventure games.
  36. Sep 23, 2013
    A hidden gem, absolutely outstanding in all aspects. It tests reflexes, puzzle solving, and how well you can hold your emotions. The visuals are great, the sound immerses you, overall just amazing. The game is short, but since I've replayed it twice I can say the price is justified.
  37. Sep 22, 2013
    Simply, one of the best games I've played in my life and one which I'll be playing in the incoming years. It's beautiful, it's charming, it's funny, it's sad and it's an adventure. I would love to continue playing with the brothers in this fantastic world at least once more. I don't think it'll be a second part, but if it happens it'll be a first day buy for me.
  38. Sep 25, 2013
    1 2 братьев.
    Уверяю 300 игры.

Более сайте.

Так
  39. Oct 23, 2013
    First review for a game i have ever written and that is because this game is amazing
    i finished it in one sitting and i have to say even though it is a short game it is still one of the best i have ever played
    the gameplay is brilliant and the story is heart-wrenching
    its such a beutifull game when i first played it i had no idea how grim it would get later on yet it still retained its beuty
  40. Oct 31, 2013
    One of the most memorable and enjoyable game I've played in years. A great combination of controller innovation, dialogue-less story line, and characters that you actually care about.
  41. Nov 10, 2013
    So....I'm here on Metacritic for the very first time and I'm writing a review because this game deserves it. It really does. I'm going to be quick, this clearly isn't a triple A game, it's something more. The particular thing here is how the gamer became the bond between the two brothers, not merely the one who moves them. Because of this, the connection between the game and the person who plays it became strong, really strong. And at last, well...this connection will be the cause of your ultimate depression.
    This game is something beautiful that will break your heart in many little pieces, but this is how real life is too: you will experience sorrow and joy with the two brothers in a way that isn't common today with videogames.

Definitely worth buying,
  42. Nov 26, 2013
    I am an old school gamer and I have pretty much seen it all and am pretty much bored with 90% of the games out there.
    Most games of these days simply don't have it and I was absolutely amazed with this game.
    This game is something new and refreshing and brings story telling and gaming experience to the next level. The music the story the execution is simply perfect.
    To everyone who
    worked on creating this game, /bow and thank you so much for this beautiful game. Expand
  43. Jan 11, 2014
    So glad I brought this, aside from being a little sort this game is perfect. I have blonde hair and have an older brother with brown hair so immediately i felt connected to the brothers. Gameplay is very fun, essentially a single player co-op adventure taking the two brothers on an epic and memorable adventure . Story is brilliant as well, this and the Walking Dead Game are the only two games that have got me teary-eyed. Expand
  44. Feb 11, 2014
    It's a game that relies on you operating with both hands to move both brothers. It is otherwise a rather linear game that is meant to tell a story while you perform puzzles. The puzzles can be frustrating at times, but they aren't that difficult to deal with and beating the game will only take you about five hours. I would not suggest this game to anyone who focuses only on gameplay and always skips cutscenes, but it is a great game to unwind on for a relaxing time. It uses stunning art and an engrossing story to draw the player in, and it was a great time overall. It does lack in replayability however. It relies more on the overall story and the experience than actual gameplay, so while being fun, it has the replayability of a book. I beat the game twice for fun, but I probably won't play it for another year when I feel like picking it up in a year. Expand
  45. Feb 15, 2014
    absolutlley amazing. my game of the year. great graphics,graet gameplay and decent storyline make this one a total winner for the best game of the year
  46. Feb 13, 2014
    Best Game Of 2013. Nevermind that, this is the best game of all time. Forget Half Life 2, forget Bioshock or forget GTA V. This game knows how to play with your emotions. Never once a game made me to wish if we could change a part of the game. Never once a piece of Media ever made me drop manly tears from my eyes. This game could do it. This is more than a game. This is a piece of art.
  47. Dec 15, 2013
    First use an xbox controller to play this game as I don't think it would be possible using the mouse and keyboard. Using the controller is very smooth and makes you really think to control what is going on.

Second this game is not hard; but it is amazingly creative, wonderfully beautiful, and just incredibly done. It is so outside the norm that it really should be experienced by
    all.

Third there is no comprehendable dialog in the game and no direction provided, you just have to logically figure things out. This is a huge part of what made this game great.

It only took me three hours to get through the game, but for the price it was absolutely perfect (just enough to really impress, yet not too much to drag on or get repetitive). This really is a studio to watch if they can maintain this level of creativity & quality.
  48. Jan 21, 2014
    Hands down one of the best indie titles I've played. Beautiful, engaging and emotional game with interesting puzzles a gameplay. It creates a unique and fascinating world, moves you, and keeps you entertained the whole way through.
  49. Dec 17, 2013
    I've been gaming for 25+ years and I rate this as one of my top 5 games ever. The combination of great graphics, excellent story and engaging puzzles makes for an amazing experience. A MUST play!
  50. Jan 4, 2014
    Stunning game. If you are the type who doesn't care for character focused drama, this may not be for you. This game is brief, but epic. I am almost at the end and it has been a powerful journey. Without words, a powerful story is shared. Joyous moments seem to end in tragedy. Dark moments are tinged with humor. The young brothers casually walk through horror, showing extreme maturity at the same time as youthful playfulness.

A very memorable game and a serious bargain, even with the short playing time, when it goes on sale on the various digital download platforms.

The controls felt unique. It took a little time to get used to controlling one character per analog stick. While the puzzles were far from complex, the novelty of the controls and the depth of the story made it all enjoyable to me.

If you are the type who wants to feel smarter than everyone else, this game could also provide you a chance to proudly rant that the game is overrated, blah, blah, blah. You all know the type. On a more earnest note, if you don't care for emotional drama, this game might be boring for you.
  51. Jan 18, 2014
    Absolutely amazing game. Beautiful landscapes and graphics, touching story, great characterization.

One of the best games I have played for a few years.
  52. Oct 15, 2013
    This was quite an adventure with some emotional heart string pulling that is rare in games, or at least ones I've played. Each brother has a different personality along with strengths and weaknesses. So they compliment each other as you guide them on their journey. The graphics are great, with an artistic flair that's very unique. The musical ambiance fits well without being too overpowering.

I'd say the experience is worth $10-15. I wouldn't go further for the simple reason that it is quite short. If you take your time and enjoy a view now and then, you should manage about 4 hours. Those are a great 4 hours but still rather short by most standards.

I came across one glitch near the end but managed to eventually get through it. I think it had to do with path finding of the younger brother in the water.

All in all, a nice experience for a Sat Sunday afternoon.
  53. Jul 7, 2014
    Just finished it. It was an amazing journey. Loved the level design, puzzles but the overall heart of it. The art is beautiful, environments are beautiful. Controls can be awkward at time but playing with a controller might help.
  54. Oct 8, 2013
    So much unreal hype in these reviews. I was glad to have read them before playing, as I was braced for how bad it must be. I was first struck by how dated the Unreal engine is. They did very well with what they had, but you can only dress up fake 3D with low-res 200x graphics so much. For a while, I thought my PC either turned into a Wii, or I was playing a World of Warcraft mod. The story's tone is flat-out bipolar, rapidly switching from suicide to whimsical hang-gliding within the span of a few minutes. The characters are shallow, cliche, and poorly set-up, like the character designers spent all their time in the office playing ping pong, with NPCs' most memorable interaction with the player being the direction they point. Most puzzles are offensively obvious, while the few others rely on moon logic. The main character is simply unlikable (along with almost every other NPC you "interact" with), a bother to society and a burden on anyone unfortunate enough to interact with him. He has absurd fears which slow the game down, much to the users' frustration. "Bosses" all seem ripped from other games, whether an invisible monster drawing an eye-roll, or the stupid lug who indirectly kills himself by running into walls. The controls are ridiculously confusing and frustrating without a gamepad, trying to move multiple characters at once it clearly wasn't ported properly.

Then, just before the end of the game, 505 suddenly reveals it was all intentional. Every frustration I felt, all the shortcomings I thought the game had, suddenly make sense as storytelling mechanics. My defenses were down as I realized what an idiot I am, and then they go right for the heart with the most powerful emotional experience I've ever had in gaming. Absolutely unforgettable.
  55. Sep 14, 2013
    Brothers is an adult fairy tale masked as a video game. That being said, it is an EXCELLENT fairy tale with truly original game play with platform mechanics. The art design is top notch. What's even more compelling is that the story is laid out to the play with zero dialogue either written or heard. Everything from plot to game play is communicated through flawless level design, and humorous and ingenious charades by in-game characters.

The style of game play should me mentioned, of course. Each brother is controlled (a controller is a must) by a thumb-stick. It is a challenge for a few minutes, but becomes surprisingly intuitive quickly. What could be gimmicky is actually a truly original concept executed flawlessly.

Get this game!!!
  56. Nov 4, 2013
    What a wonderful experience this game was. The concept and controls worked perfectly (used a controller) and the game was perfectly paced, never boring, never tedious. I'm usually not the most patient gamer and rarely take the time to do things in a game that doesn't give me any tangible game-rewards. Here I played a lot more with the surroundings becoming genuinely interested in the two brothers and the world they could interact with. I even checked out the achievement list after finishing the first time to find new fun and pointless things to do. That's a first for this veteran gamer.

I also started playing this game a second time, now with my 3 year old daughter. Granted, some of the scenes were a little bit scary for her but I have never seen her so engaged in any game before. The way the game doesn't rely on understanding the made up language makes it very easy to follow the story for children. She tried controlling a bit when she wanted to and passed the controls to me quite often to progress.

One of my best purchases ever.

I got a wired controlled quite recently to check out State of Decay and I think that affected the experience quite a bit. This is the first time (perhaps except for Tekken and the likes) that I have found a console controller to be essential for the experience so strongly recommend you get one hooked up to your PC.
  57. Feb 19, 2014
    This game is amazing. The gameplay is groundbreaking, fluid and challenging at the same time. The puzzles are somewhat simple but fun to solve, and the storyline manages to be simply beautiful.

Touching, inspiring & innovator, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is one of the best games I've played so far.

(About 4 hours gameplay + 1 hour cutscene films & about U$10-15)
  58. Oct 29, 2013
    Simply amazing.... an absolute blast to play from start to finish. Other reviews here already mention that the game is "fresh and new" but I have to repeat that as well because it's true.... this is a very unique gaming experience that everyone should get the chance to play.
  59. Jan 14, 2014
    This is a technically excellent platformer with very clever, fluid and engaging gameplay. But that would make for a decent game. The reason why this game is a masterpiece is how powerful the story is and how the story works with the gameplay. Very quickly you start to feel like these characters are a literal part of you. The game's story moved me like none other, in any medium. A must play. A game you will never forget. Expand
  60. Jan 17, 2014
    This game has heart! I enjoyed this game as much or more than any game in years. The visuals are excellent. At certain points I found myself just staring at how good looking this fantasy world was. The world scale is epic - beautiful art reminiscent of LOTR . The story is very good. I found myself engaged and caring for the characters. There are puzzle aspects to the story and some mild platforming elements, but nothing that will probably stump or challenge you. Instead it's more like I enjoyed moving from puzzle to puzzle to see what imaginative world waits next.

I played with a keyboard (not gamepad) the entire game and it worked fine once I got the controls down. I have never given a 10 on a game and I considered it for this one, but I'll go with a 9. The only thing really holding me back from a 10 is that I felt the story kindof left me a bit confused at the end. I think I understood what the storyteller was going for around the story, but I felt a couple of events near the end just felt a little outside the chain of cause/effect. I think some may say you'll get to a part in the story near the end when you wonder "how did we get from there to here, and why did the unpredictable series of events drop us at our destination?" Anyhow, I'll be vague, but this element only slightly detracts from an otherwise wonderful game. Play this one when you get a chance.
  61. Nov 5, 2013
    This is a lovely little game. I say little because it only took me five hours and I didn't feel inclined to replay it right away. It wasn't very expensive, if you don't count the Xbox controller it requires. Having to control two characters simultaneously was a nice challenge, and the basic message of love and cooperation was very satisfying. I also liked that the ending had real feeling that was different from what you get in most computer games. I took off a point for not being 'open-world': you have a fairly narrow path to follow. I didn't get most of the achievements, but they aren't integral to the story and it would take considerable random clicking to unlock most of them. There were a lot of passages that required imagination and ingenuity to solve; it reminded me of GW2 jumping puzzles or certain platformers. The lack of English dialog was, in some ways, a plus; it certainly wasn't hard to follow most of the conversations due to the cleverness of the drawing. Some plot twists were surprising. I certainly recommend this game ahead of most shooters I've played, mainly because of the emotional dynamics. Expand
  62. Dec 10, 2013
    Got my attention after seeing the trailer and I have to admit it, it was much better than expected. The stunnig art direction makes the enviroment so jaw dropping that you will be wondering how a low budget game could have done it. The pace of the game is so well implemented that you could go through the entire game at the first try, wishing the 2-3 hours spent could have lasted for a milenium. And ohh the gameplay, controling the two brothers was a very interesting and inovative experience. also the way you solved those simple but very rewarding puzzles with them was awesome! The narrative apparently was based on norse mythology and the director, Josef Fares as a swedish film director, couldnt be a better choice. The story gets very emotional during their quest to save their father, confrontantig many things on their way, and at the end you will be touched! Get this awe inspiring video game, because I freaking doubt that you will dislike! Expand
  63. Jan 20, 2014
    OMG!!!! We (my two granddaughters and I) just got finished playing this game and I have been crying for the past 20 minutes!!! I had to write to a review about this. It is one of the best, if not THE best games, I have ever played!!! I don't even know where to begin. It was heartbreaking, beautiful, suspenseful, challenging, and uplifting all rolled into one. My grandkids (ages 6 and 9) were screaming out loud on some parts they were so scared but then when we made it through a challenge we were all screaming for joy!! We played from around 11 am through 8 pm and just could not stop playing until we had finished it!! One used a controller and the other was on keyboard (big sister/little sister just like the brothers). It was just a fantastic family experience!! We'll probably start a new game when they come back over again we had so much fun. Many kudos 505 Games!!! Expand
  64. Sep 19, 2013
    Everyone should play this. It's as simple as that. The game does have a couple of minor problems, especially the cheesy music that actually hurts the emotional impact of the story, but when it works (which is 95% of the time), it works in a way that you have simply never experienced before. There's not a whole lot of unique games these days. This is one of them. Go buy it now.
  65. Sep 28, 2013
    I sure would like to shake the hand of the person who made this game! Well done.. It does so well when your playing both brothers at once and in fact it really puts the game at hard to work. Games that allow you to play as just one character or one character at a time already have enough of a hard time but playing 2 at once is something much different for the player(s) and the game's physics.

I have made it atleast 2 hours into the game now and i don't see anything too tough to accomplish.. Every objective seems easy enough to complete within just few minutes of thinking time (or maybe none needed at all)

The adventuring is spectacular. Very good looking.

The way you help each other out is just so touching and breathe taking that it will put a smile on anyone's face. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about what's beyond the next turn. Great job!
  66. Dec 29, 2013
    Two minuses. 1st The game is too short. 2nd Too sad finish. Everything else in this game is perfect. Recommend to all except children cause of too sad scenario.
  67. Nov 4, 2013
    I am not known for being emotional but i have to say.. one of the great games of this century. lets look at it.. graphics are nice, but not massive AAA quality.. storyline is objectively seen not bad, but certainly seen better thought out stories, its quite a short game and the replayability is close to 0.. still.. its the best game ive ever played. At start you may not know why but after a while you get sucked into the story.. you will experience smiling, light feelings and rumbling emotions in your head.. you will also experience sadness, falls and confused moments... and without spoiling anything.. if you dont cry at last part of the game.. you are not human. Many people of which alot grown man have admitted to have tears either on theur face or welling up in their eyes. This game makes you go through alot of emotions and feelings.. and though you will not notice it immediatly while playing.. at the end everything will come lose and you will look back t the game and hope that all games will give you a feeling like that. Expand
  68. Feb 18, 2014
    This game is fantastic. Touching story and you never want to stop playing. You want to do all you can to make sure the brothers complete their goal. Great setting and game play. One of the best games I have played in a while.
  69. Dec 30, 2013
    Outstanding game mechanics, beautiful scenery and a touching story with a great sountrack. what more can you ask for? This game has only one purpose. To tell a story. It couldn't have been done better.
  70. Nov 29, 2013
    I eventually became too curious from all the outstanding reviews not to try this game, and I see they don't exaggerate at all. It is rather short, but the breathtaking scenery, music and story combine into a masterpiece that kept me in awe the whole time, and wrapped everything up with a deeply emotive ending (must... not... cry... oh, I give up). You know that you have just experienced an amazing story when the credits have already rolled and you are still staring at the main menu in stupor.

There isn't more that should be said. The game offers very few explanations for a huge world and invites you to make up the rest, and so will I. Go see for yourself!
  71. Dec 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Masterpiece
    emotional
    beautiful atmosphere
    single player co-op
    fills the void of elder brother and takes it away
    must play Gamers
    best indie game of 2013
    like Limbo
  72. Oct 11, 2013
    It's short. It's simple. It's cruel, It's yet very emotionally touching. And very beautiful visually. Concentrated mixture of everything that can touch a human soul.
  73. Oct 31, 2013
    Wow. What an amazing experience. The premiss that you control each brothers with a thumbstick is genius. It makes your connection to them (through gameplay) even larger. The story itself isn't really something we haven't seen before, but the presentation of the story is so engrossing with it's minimalistic approach. Quite frankly, a very unique and spectacular game. I also thought the lenght of the game was perfect, clocking in at about three hours. Expand
  74. Nov 14, 2013
    Fragile and memorable, original and Perfect. Could I imagine that the game can make a striking impression? Of course not. After so many games you stop wondering. But the game turned my ideas about the games. The beauty of landscapes and the sounds of music and characters, gameplay and puzzles. In this game, everything is perfect. This game is the real fairy tale.
  75. Dec 16, 2013
    I think this is the best thing that has ever happened to me since playing Sanitarium. I promise you that you will drown in an ocean of feels after playing this. That masterpiece made me cry like a little baby with it's brilliant story-telling and character development. Bravo.
  76. Sep 17, 2013
    A beautiful and emotional game that perfectly merges story telling and gameplay. My only gripe would be that it is too short to get fully emotionally involved with the characters, there also are some bad textures but all that does not matter much as this is one of the best story driven games I've ever played.
  77. Feb 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Прекрасная небольшая (часа на 3-4), не сложная, не детская сказка о двух братьях без диалогов, зато с удивительно разнообразным, трогающим за душу миром и оригинальным управлением, которого вы ещё не встречали (требуется джойстик). Графика выглядит устаревшей (Unreal engine), но панорамный вид спасает дело; музыка выше всяческих похвал.

Похожие игры (Ico, Journey) выходили раньше только на приставках. На этот раз производитель подумал и о нас, горячо рекомендую.
  78. Apr 5, 2014
    All I will say about this game is, play it on your own in one sitting (2-3 hours). Stick with it, let yourself become immersed in the world. Enjoy it and see it through to the end.

I feel sorry for the reviewers on here who did not grasp the significance of the ending. Most will, however, and (although I won't spoil anything) I will say that no game I have ever played in over 20
    years has had such an emotional effect on me. You have to experience it for yourself to understand. Expand
  79. Jan 15, 2014
    Beautiful game. Rethinking of the controller and medium-skilled puzzles keep the game moving along at the pace the developer wants you to progress. Fun interactions with double joystick control, music, puzzles, and gripping storyline makes this my top 5 of 2013.
  80. Jan 1, 2014
    This whole game is a masterpiece and one of the best pc titles ever. The touching story and the spiritual company of the older brother at the end was a unique experience. Gameplay was really innovative and the scenery looked flawless. The atmosphere puts you in the mood and the soundtrack is solid. It was the only title beside The Last Of Us that brought me to tears.
  81. Nov 1, 2013
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is one of those rare gems that is incredibly cheap, very short, yet manages to be one of the best games I've played in my entire life. You'll hit every emotion at full force playing through this thing and it's a fantastic experience that I would recommend to anyone with a working PC.

The 3 hours it took to finish this game hit harder and were more effective
    than any 10+ hour game I've ever played (with The Walking Dead being the closest)

10/10 Easy...one of the best games I've ever played.
  82. Sep 10, 2013
    I can happily call this game my game of the year. This is mainly down to the games ability to tell a story without using a single word of English. During game play you will feel a whole range of emotions from anger, sadness all the way to happiness and excitement. This game in my eyes is a 10 out of 10 no questions. Anyone who has a PC, Xbox 360 or PS3 should definitely play this game.
  83. Jan 14, 2014
    Simply amazing you have to try it. It's not even a game anymore it's a great experience, reminds me little bit of a Journey, but I think it's even better. I strongly recommend this game to anyone looking for a unique experience.
  84. Oct 16, 2013
    Wow, ‘Brothers’ is seriously on the best best games in the history of gaming. It’s a ‘Grim Fandango’, a ‘The Longest Journey’, a ‘Deus Ex 1’. A game that has made gameplay progress, while offering a great execution at the same time. A 10/10 without hesitation, even if it weren’t as perfectly executed and even if the length is not spectacular.
  85. Oct 24, 2013
    One of the best stories I've played all year. The game has a way of pulling you in and making accomplishments feel earned. The game mechanics are easy and unique with a controller and help seperate the fact that you're playing as two different characters. The graphics are stunning and the camera positions itself perfectly to capture the depth of the scenery and this helps strengthen the story immensely. For a game that has hardly any dialogue I have never felt a richer story. An Absolute recommend Expand
  86. Nov 1, 2013
    Whoever thinks this game is boring/uninteresting, you have no taste. The plot was well paced, the ending great. The puzzles interesting, though could have been a bit more difficult. The gameplay itself is something i have personally never seen before, and i found it quite fun. The storytelling was fantastic. They managed to tell the story without any text or language, something only legendary games seem to do (f.ex Journey). The ending gave me so many feels it left me crying like a little girl.The soundtrack is brilliant, the graphics and style great. Really, the only downside is its length, however it would get boring really quickly if it lasted more than 5 hours. Nonetheless, this is without a doubt the best game i have ever played. I would love to see more from the devs. Expand
  87. Nov 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Cool. One of the best games of this year set in a fantasy world from the beginning it socked me into its world with its outstanding visuals amazing music and fantastic storyline support the developers and get this game it's definitely one of the best games of this year Expand
  88. Nov 29, 2013
    One of the better games I played in the last couple of years, I understand that this is an indie game, not sure how, but it is well make almost no bugs, (I restarted the game and it works fine) the soundtrack is amazing, the game plays is fun cool and unique, the story is emotional and cool, this is like taking the Lego games to a new barriers,
    Loved it, and it took me only 5 hours to
    finish, (and I'm playing very slowly) Expand
  89. Nov 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. His brother literally died at the end..it touched my heart. The little brother actually tough and learned how to do everything on his own and not depend at other people. Plus, Its also tough to control both brothers in one controller and its very challenging. Great Job I must say!!! Expand
  90. Nov 16, 2013
    Wow. Most beautiful game ever played. Ingenious scandinavian team.
    And really trains you in logical thinking & motoric skill.
    Greets from germany.....
  91. Jan 7, 2014
    Brothers may not be as cool, complex, thrilling and long as the Bioshock or the Arkham games (personal favourites of mine) but it is still a perfect game that everyone should at least try once in their lives. The reason I find it a perfect game is because unlike almost all games, there is no way to recreate this as a film and feel the same emotions. By controlling the two brothers at all times, the player is made more aware of his interaction with the characters and what happens on screen. It also forces the player to build new muscle memory which comes into play within the game’s narrative at the very end. That this game succeeds at merging this new gameplay mechanic with its narrative flawlessly is the reason I deem this game perfect. It attempts one thing, just one, but it perfects it. Definitely an example of quality over quantity, considering the very short length. I do not mind the short length though, since it makes it feasible to play the game in one sitting, giving the player a full arc with its controls, mirroring the character arc of the younger brother.
    The game also happens to be beautiful and smooth. Someone watching you play could easily believe this is an animated film. All the elements on the screen blend together perfectly and you truly feel you are commanding an epic yet personal journey as it unfolds before your eyes. There is no combat, only some simple puzzles, but the game does not want to overload the player with more difficulty due to the fact that growing comfortable with the controls is the main difficulty in this game. This gives the game a nice momentum and pace, never giving you a reason to set the controller down. Of all the games out there, I believe this is the one which truly shows the potential of this medium as an artform and that is the reason I would give this game a 10.
  92. Nov 23, 2013
    This will be the first review I've ever written. I thought this game deserved to be written about and recommended by everyone who played it.

This is an adventure game that takes you on an adventure only the very best games ever did before. I couldn't get over the mesmerizing feel this game gave me while progressing through the adventure. It was not a hard game at all but because of that
    the pacing felt perfect. The art direction they have taken is perfect. This is an adventure you must have experienced once in your life. Expand
  93. Nov 25, 2013
    Brothers a tale of two son um jogo que te ganha pela historia, um gameplay diferente, o unico ponto negativo, o tamanho do jogo que poderia ser maior, mas talvez tenha sido melhor assim.
    um final fantástico.
  94. Nov 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing graphics and beautiful music perfectly mixed up with a lovely and touching story about love and commitment. Only negative point in my opinion is its short length and the little difficulty in the puzzles. Expand
  95. gic
    Mar 26, 2014
    This interactive journey featuring touching story is an absolute piece of art that you would not want to miss. Breathtaking environment is backed up by a truly memorable music.
  96. Dec 4, 2013
    Looks like a great game. I wouldn't really know though. This review is just to get rid of the Two Brothers review I accidentally put here that I can't figure out how to get the metacritic site to delete.
  97. Dec 5, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played. One of the best ways to _experience_ a story. I was almost crying... Thank you, Starbreeze!

This game is above any ratings.
  98. Dec 6, 2013
    The atmosphere of this game is amazing the puzzles are not challenging but multitasking of both brothers is very fun, and hard to deal until you get used to it.The bond between the brothers in the game is so true that sometimes i thought of my own brother.This game is like a movie that you play in, I am amazed by the view of the benches, these views were great, and little things like petting the cat, or playing with a kid in the game made me feel like it was a real life story that I was watching from the outside
    This game is great, every Adventure game lovers should play it.
  99. Dec 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Revolutionary and original gameplay with a beautiful atmosphere and a toucing story. Great music/soundtrack, beautiful graphics (especially the colors of the sky when the boys followi the witch to her lair). A little short but an unforgetable experience. Maybe the game of the year. Surely will ne in the nomination list. Expand
  100. Jan 18, 2014
    Great game. Gameplay-wise is a bit simplistic, but makes that up with the control-two-characters-at-a-time mechanic. Good setting and storyline. I'm also glad that it doesn't last more than necessary, just about 3 hours, which for this game it feels like the way it has to be.
  101. Sep 14, 2013

Get this game!!!

1. Oct 31, 2013
    Brothers, unlike many recent indie hits, is very down to earth. It is not rife with intellectual puzzles like Braid, it is not as open to interpretations as Journey. It just makes you think about simple human values.
  2. Oct 24, 2013
    A gorgeous world, bursting with personality. Great storytelling makes up for the short length and unchallenging puzzles.
  3. Oct 11, 2013
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is a true marriage of gameplay and narrative, and it is frankly a complete triumph.