8.6

1. Jan 7, 2014
    Brothers may not be as cool, complex, thrilling and long as the Bioshock or the Arkham games (personal favourites of mine) but it is still a perfect game that everyone should at least try once in their lives. The reason I find it a perfect game is because unlike almost all games, there is no way to recreate this as a film and feel the same emotions. By controlling the two brothers at allBrothers may not be as cool, complex, thrilling and long as the Bioshock or the Arkham games (personal favourites of mine) but it is still a perfect game that everyone should at least try once in their lives. The reason I find it a perfect game is because unlike almost all games, there is no way to recreate this as a film and feel the same emotions. By controlling the two brothers at all times, the player is made more aware of his interaction with the characters and what happens on screen. It also forces the player to build new muscle memory which comes into play within the game’s narrative at the very end. That this game succeeds at merging this new gameplay mechanic with its narrative flawlessly is the reason I deem this game perfect. It attempts one thing, just one, but it perfects it. Definitely an example of quality over quantity, considering the very short length. I do not mind the short length though, since it makes it feasible to play the game in one sitting, giving the player a full arc with its controls, mirroring the character arc of the younger brother.
    The game also happens to be beautiful and smooth. Someone watching you play could easily believe this is an animated film. All the elements on the screen blend together perfectly and you truly feel you are commanding an epic yet personal journey as it unfolds before your eyes. There is no combat, only some simple puzzles, but the game does not want to overload the player with more difficulty due to the fact that growing comfortable with the controls is the main difficulty in this game. This gives the game a nice momentum and pace, never giving you a reason to set the controller down. Of all the games out there, I believe this is the one which truly shows the potential of this medium as an artform and that is the reason I would give this game a 10.
  2. Jan 5, 2014
    Artistic masterpiece. Some may not like the game being "easy"... but, it's an incredible ride. Most fun I've had in a videogame in a long time. I found myself seeking cliches and game mechanics of other games... and gladly I wasn't satiated. This is a very unique experience, and the art direction, atmosphere... all of it. Wow! I'd love to play a sequel. Also, the voice acting (although aArtistic masterpiece. Some may not like the game being "easy"... but, it's an incredible ride. Most fun I've had in a videogame in a long time. I found myself seeking cliches and game mechanics of other games... and gladly I wasn't satiated. This is a very unique experience, and the art direction, atmosphere... all of it. Wow! I'd love to play a sequel. Also, the voice acting (although a different language) and music is very well done. Expand
  3. Jan 4, 2014
    A rather memorable experience. Stunning visuals, pretty simplistic gameplay and puzzles, yet fun. The story is okay, though I do not consider it awesome. One thing I must mention very comfortable controls (if you use gamepad). Overall, this game is a small work of art. Try not to miss it, it takes only 3 hours to complete, but you'll get unforgettable impressions.
  4. Jan 4, 2014
    Stunning game. If you are the type who doesn't care for character focused drama, this may not be for you. This game is brief, but epic. I am almost at the end and it has been a powerful journey. Without words, a powerful story is shared. Joyous moments seem to end in tragedy. Dark moments are tinged with humor. The young brothers casually walk through horror, showing extreme maturity atStunning game. If you are the type who doesn't care for character focused drama, this may not be for you. This game is brief, but epic. I am almost at the end and it has been a powerful journey. Without words, a powerful story is shared. Joyous moments seem to end in tragedy. Dark moments are tinged with humor. The young brothers casually walk through horror, showing extreme maturity at the same time as youthful playfulness.

A very memorable game and a serious bargain, even with the short playing time, when it goes on sale on the various digital download platforms.

The controls felt unique. It took a little time to get used to controlling one character per analog stick. While the puzzles were far from complex, the novelty of the controls and the depth of the story made it all enjoyable to me.

If you are the type who wants to feel smarter than everyone else, this game could also provide you a chance to proudly rant that the game is overrated, blah, blah, blah. You all know the type. On a more earnest note, if you don't care for emotional drama, this game might be boring for you.
  5. Jan 4, 2014
    This game is just amazing. It reminds me of Journey, and yet, it surpasses Journey in term of game play and story. And you just keep getting fascinated from the beginning to the end.
  6. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece. Not only does this game have very clever co-op puzzles, but the seemingly simple story can be comprehended so many different ways to make the story thick, engaging, and emotional. The way the younger brother uses his own skill to do things that the brother could only do, it teaches how to not rely on others so much, you have skill. It teaches you that life canThis game is a masterpiece. Not only does this game have very clever co-op puzzles, but the seemingly simple story can be comprehended so many different ways to make the story thick, engaging, and emotional. The way the younger brother uses his own skill to do things that the brother could only do, it teaches how to not rely on others so much, you have skill. It teaches you that life can be hard, but it's up to you to stand back up, and grow, and make that never changing scar seem smaller. It teaches you the theme of brotherhood and teamwork. It can mean so much, without using a single word of English. Expand
  7. Jan 2, 2014
    Delightful game, undoubtedly could be enjoyed by anyone with a heart and some basic grasp of simple puzzles and a controller. It's (dare I say) beautiful and touching, and definitely worth your time (even if it is just a few hours). It's the kind of game that I will store in my Steam account, categorized as "classic".
  8. Jan 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Brothers a tale of two sons, is a beautiful-looking puzzle-platformer that tells an emotional, bittersweet story. It is like a fairytale as told by the Brothers Grimm, with an unexpected sting and darkness to offset the blissful bits with butterflies and bunnies. At the start, we see how the younger of two brothers doesn’t manage to save his mother’s life. Then, as his father falls deathly ill, he sets off on a long journey with his older brother to a tree that may well hold a cure. Along the way, they run into various creatures and face obstacles that can only be overcome by working together. As everybody speaks an incomprehensible language, the story is told entirely with images and body language.

The game is blessed with an ingenious, yet simple, control-scheme, which allows you to control both brothers simultaneously. One with your left hand and one with your right. If you are lucky enough to have a gamepad, this means that movement is handled with the two control sticks (one per brother) and that for any context-sensitive action (grabbing something or chatting to a character, for instance) you use the left and right trigger, depending on the brother you’re focused on. Once you get used to it, this scheme works surprisingly well, though I did get confused now and then when the brother I was controlling with the left hand was to the right of his sibling. Apparently my brain was expecting my left hand to always control the brother on the left.

Most of the roadblocks involve pulling levers and turning cranks. Barring a few exceptions such as when the brothers go on a climbing expedition while tied together with a rope these aren’t exactly innovative, or intellectually challenging. But because of the way you are controlling the brothers, the execution is still interesting. The big incentive to keep going is not finding the next puzzle to solve but to see how the story turns out. The game is good at making you feel invested in the characters, the great visuals and beautiful soundtrack helping to draw you into this world.

Brothers is very linear, there just being a few places where you can deviate from the path a teensy bit to do something optional like reuniting a giant turtle with her kids. And there are no collectibles of any kind, which is a major plus in my book. All too often the pacing of a game is disrupted by the feeling that you should be exploring every inch of your surroundings to not miss out on something. Even if that something is actually completely irrelevant to the game proper. Brothers moves at a steady clip, never pausing long enough to bore, and it can be finished in a couple of hours. This is probably a negative for some gamers, but good news for people like me, who tend to be short on time and prefer an awesome short experience to a longer just-okay one.

There is an amazing moment late in the game where a little stunt with the controls nearly brought a tear to my eye. I can’t spoil the context, but suffice to say that this is the first time a simple game mechanic ever had such a direct emotional effect on me. The control itself as the narrative device that is something rare. Brothers is a game that won’t soon be forgotten.

@PopCultJunk
  9. Jan 1, 2014
    This whole game is a masterpiece and one of the best pc titles ever. The touching story and the spiritual company of the older brother at the end was a unique experience. Gameplay was really innovative and the scenery looked flawless. The atmosphere puts you in the mood and the soundtrack is solid. It was the only title beside The Last Of Us that brought me to tears.
  10. Dec 30, 2013
    One of the most satisfying experiences in a game I have had in a long time. In essence it's a puzzle game with two independently controlled characters who go on a quest. Simple set up. Simple controls. But what you get is something special. The interaction of the characters with the world, NPCs and each other is subtle but powerful. A very enjoyable experience. Keep in mind it's quiteOne of the most satisfying experiences in a game I have had in a long time. In essence it's a puzzle game with two independently controlled characters who go on a quest. Simple set up. Simple controls. But what you get is something special. The interaction of the characters with the world, NPCs and each other is subtle but powerful. A very enjoyable experience. Keep in mind it's quite short by most standards but that shouldn't put you off from trying it. Expand
  11. Dec 30, 2013
    Outstanding game mechanics, beautiful scenery and a touching story with a great sountrack. what more can you ask for? This game has only one purpose. To tell a story. It couldn't have been done better.
  12. Dec 29, 2013
    Two minuses. 1st The game is too short. 2nd Too sad finish. Everything else in this game is perfect. Recommend to all except children cause of too sad scenario.
  13. Dec 27, 2013
    I don't get the fuss over stories and video games: a good game really doesn't need much of a story: what were the stories for Tetris, Space Invaders, Pac Man? A good setting yes, but a story: that's what games have when they lack gameplay. If I want a good story, I read a book. I play games for fun. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, is altogether something else. This is a story told, not inI don't get the fuss over stories and video games: a good game really doesn't need much of a story: what were the stories for Tetris, Space Invaders, Pac Man? A good setting yes, but a story: that's what games have when they lack gameplay. If I want a good story, I read a book. I play games for fun. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, is altogether something else. This is a story told, not in spite of, or as a backdrop to, but through gameplay. The gameplay is simple but fun and rewarding; the story is straightforward, albeit dark and tragic; however, the sense of engagement derived from your involvement in the story through the gameplay renders this story deeply affecting and, ultimately, devastating. This is a genuinely brilliant game, the most original thing I have played in years and beautifully executed. Well done 505 games. Expand
  14. Dec 23, 2013
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons takes an amazing story concept and makes it into something of an interactive movie I hesitate to use that term because there's (a little bit) more to it than simply being an interactive movie, but there is also a lack of depth in the gameplay. This game is a story more than a game, not that that's necessarily a bad thing at all, I just want to point out thatBrothers: A Tale of Two Sons takes an amazing story concept and makes it into something of an interactive movie I hesitate to use that term because there's (a little bit) more to it than simply being an interactive movie, but there is also a lack of depth in the gameplay. This game is a story more than a game, not that that's necessarily a bad thing at all, I just want to point out that that's what it is. A few of the points will get higher weight in this review (+/-2 rather than +/-1) based on what the game is intended to be, and what the developers were going for, rather than how it compares to other games. Some points could get a neutral score I felt that they weren't particularly good, but not particularly lacking either.

The graphics are gorgeous for a game that was designed for last-gen consoles, and the art style is unique and interesting, with beautiful environments that do well to set the tone, charming characters and a lot of small details that demonstrate how much love was put into the design of this game. +2.

The sound is also very good, and the ambiance does a lot to help the mood. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece of sound design, but it did its job very well and I have no complaints at all. +1.

The gameplay itself is lacking; the puzzles are way too easy, they get repetitive and tedious, and there isn't a whole lot of opportunity to fail or die, aside from a few places where it's possible to fall, and a couple of quick time event-like sequences scattered about. The gameplay wasn't BAD, it just wasn't really there much at all, and I felt like I was just along for the ride, holding down the thumb sticks and pressing RT/LT every now and then with little-to-no worry about concentration, precision or consequences. +/-0 (neutral).

The story in this game is spectacular, although there's very little backstory on the characters, and almost no character development, at least not in a traditional sense (the character development is mostly through your own gameplay experiences with the two brothers and other minor characters). Being that there's no dialog, this may have hurt the opportunity for better character development, although the made up Sims-style language was however an interesting choice from an artistic standpoint. Brothers still manages to tell a very deep, surprisingly dark and all-too-real story about the struggles of everyone living in this fantasy universe. +2.

The controls were one of the biggest things I didn't like about this title. They felt awkward from beginning to end, and 3 hours in when I finally reached the end, I still hadn't gotten very well adjusted to the way it was set up. Although I can't think of a better way to accomplish what they were trying to do here with controlling two characters, I still think it could have somehow been better thought out, and overall it felt a bit clunky. -1.

The level design was exceptionally good, but I took off a point for its overwhelming linearity. There was always only one path to be taken to get around anywhere, and getting through the game was simply finding the one path around a set of obstacles. -1.

Some of the game mechanics were awesomely creative (I particularly enjoyed the part where the brothers are connected by a rope and there was a swinging mechanic added). Some of the puzzles were creative and cleverly done as well, despite being extremely easy. +2.

The length of the game was a bit short. I clocked in at about 3 hours because I was taking in a lot of the scenery throughout the game, but some people have done it in 1.5 2 hours. That's over $5 per hour, which is a bit steep, making this game rather expensive compared to most other indie titles. -1.

Overall a solid 8/10.
  15. Dec 22, 2013
    The most beautiful and emotional game I've played in years. The graphics and sound are perfect. The control system makes you think but is rewarding at the same time. The real star of the product is the story though. I completed it in 2 nights (about 4 hours) and that was enough. It's a talent to know when to end a good thing.
  16. Dec 17, 2013
    I've been gaming for 25+ years and I rate this as one of my top 5 games ever. The combination of great graphics, excellent story and engaging puzzles makes for an amazing experience. A MUST play!
  17. Dec 16, 2013
    I think this is the best thing that has ever happened to me since playing Sanitarium. I promise you that you will drown in an ocean of feels after playing this. That masterpiece made me cry like a little baby with it's brilliant story-telling and character development. Bravo.
  18. Dec 15, 2013
    First use an xbox controller to play this game as I don't think it would be possible using the mouse and keyboard. Using the controller is very smooth and makes you really think to control what is going on.

Second this game is not hard; but it is amazingly creative, wonderfully beautiful, and just incredibly done. It is so outside the norm that it really should be experienced by all.

Third there is no comprehendable dialog in the game and no direction provided, you just have to logically figure things out. This is a huge part of what made this game great.

It only took me three hours to get through the game, but for the price it was absolutely perfect (just enough to really impress, yet not too much to drag on or get repetitive). This really is a studio to watch if they can maintain this level of creativity & quality.
  19. Dec 14, 2013
    I've been playing games for almost 30 years, all the way back to the Atari days, and this very near if not at the top of the heap. I've never played a game like this one. I know some people have criticized it for being more of a story or a movie than a game, but the fact is that what makes it so extraordinary is how important interactivity is to transmitting emotion to the player. I reallyI've been playing games for almost 30 years, all the way back to the Atari days, and this very near if not at the top of the heap. I've never played a game like this one. I know some people have criticized it for being more of a story or a movie than a game, but the fact is that what makes it so extraordinary is how important interactivity is to transmitting emotion to the player. I really can't explain more without spoiling it. Let's just say this is the first time I wept while holding a controller. After so much mindless FPS, I was losing faith in gaming as an art form. "Brothers" has rekindled my faith and I hope it will inspire more interactive storytelling. Expand
  20. Dec 13, 2013
    I loved this game. Sometimes the controls plays tricks on your mind, but it's fantastic. It's not very challenging, but it's makes for a great adventure. My only gripe is that I wish it were longer!
  21. Dec 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Masterpiece
    emotional
    beautiful atmosphere
    single player co-op
    fills the void of elder brother and takes it away
    must play Gamers
    best indie game of 2013
    like Limbo
  22. Dec 10, 2013
    Got my attention after seeing the trailer and I have to admit it, it was much better than expected. The stunnig art direction makes the enviroment so jaw dropping that you will be wondering how a low budget game could have done it. The pace of the game is so well implemented that you could go through the entire game at the first try, wishing the 2-3 hours spent could have lasted for aGot my attention after seeing the trailer and I have to admit it, it was much better than expected. The stunnig art direction makes the enviroment so jaw dropping that you will be wondering how a low budget game could have done it. The pace of the game is so well implemented that you could go through the entire game at the first try, wishing the 2-3 hours spent could have lasted for a milenium. And ohh the gameplay, controling the two brothers was a very interesting and inovative experience. also the way you solved those simple but very rewarding puzzles with them was awesome! The narrative apparently was based on norse mythology and the director, Josef Fares as a swedish film director, couldnt be a better choice. The story gets very emotional during their quest to save their father, confrontantig many things on their way, and at the end you will be touched! Get this awe inspiring video game, because I freaking doubt that you will dislike! Expand
  23. Dec 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Revolutionary and original gameplay with a beautiful atmosphere and a toucing story. Great music/soundtrack, beautiful graphics (especially the colors of the sky when the boys followi the witch to her lair). A little short but an unforgetable experience. Maybe the game of the year. Surely will ne in the nomination list. Expand
  24. Dec 6, 2013
    The atmosphere of this game is amazing the puzzles are not challenging but multitasking of both brothers is very fun, and hard to deal until you get used to it.The bond between the brothers in the game is so true that sometimes i thought of my own brother.This game is like a movie that you play in, I am amazed by the view of the benches, these views were great, and little things likeThe atmosphere of this game is amazing the puzzles are not challenging but multitasking of both brothers is very fun, and hard to deal until you get used to it.The bond between the brothers in the game is so true that sometimes i thought of my own brother.This game is like a movie that you play in, I am amazed by the view of the benches, these views were great, and little things like petting the cat, or playing with a kid in the game made me feel like it was a real life story that I was watching from the outside
    This game is great, every Adventure game lovers should play it.
  25. Dec 5, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played. One of the best ways to _experience_ a story. I was almost crying... Thank you, Starbreeze!

This game is above any ratings.
  26. Dec 4, 2013
    Looks like a great game. I wouldn't really know though. This review is just to get rid of the Two Brothers review I accidentally put here that I can't figure out how to get the metacritic site to delete.
  27. Dec 3, 2013
    This game is heartwarming, beautiful and quite addictive. Controlling two characters at the same time takes some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, it works really well. Since I could write about all that I liked about this game for some time, I'll get down to brass tacks about the negatives.

At first I thought the game was directed towards kids, but after playing it I

At first I thought the game was directed towards kids, but after playing it I wouldn't recommend it to a young audience. It sets a serious tone from the beginning and is at times dark, but this is a bit undermined by the made up language, at least for me.

The game doesn't really contain any challenges and you rarely have to stop and think about how to solve a problem. Judging by the age rating for this game, they could have set the bar a bit higher.

Finally, it is short. Even though exploring and getting all achievements it only took me two and a half hours. The finale also falls short compared to the rest of the storyline. If you want to immerse yourself in a sweet fairytale with beautiful environments for a couple of hours, this is definitely for you.
  28. Dec 1, 2013
    A wonderfully surprising game. At first I almost wrote it off as childish and shallow, but after a slightly slow start it really becomes a great game. Good gameplay, and an emotional story too. It threw a lot of curveballs at me in terms of the content I expected.
    Some weaknesses were maybe the look of the characters themselves, and that I was not overly enamoured with the soundtrack.
    Definitely worth a few quid.
  29. Nov 29, 2013
    I eventually became too curious from all the outstanding reviews not to try this game, and I see they don't exaggerate at all. It is rather short, but the breathtaking scenery, music and story combine into a masterpiece that kept me in awe the whole time, and wrapped everything up with a deeply emotive ending (must... not... cry... oh, I give up). You know that you have just experienced anI eventually became too curious from all the outstanding reviews not to try this game, and I see they don't exaggerate at all. It is rather short, but the breathtaking scenery, music and story combine into a masterpiece that kept me in awe the whole time, and wrapped everything up with a deeply emotive ending (must... not... cry... oh, I give up). You know that you have just experienced an amazing story when the credits have already rolled and you are still staring at the main menu in stupor.

There isn't more that should be said. The game offers very few explanations for a huge world and invites you to make up the rest, and so will I. Go see for yourself!
  30. Nov 29, 2013
    One of the better games I played in the last couple of years, I understand that this is an indie game, not sure how, but it is well make almost no bugs, (I restarted the game and it works fine) the soundtrack is amazing, the game plays is fun cool and unique, the story is emotional and cool, this is like taking the Lego games to a new barriers,
    Loved it, and it took me only 5 hours to
    Loved it, and it took me only 5 hours to finish, (and I'm playing very slowly)
  31. Nov 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing graphics and beautiful music perfectly mixed up with a lovely and touching story about love and commitment. Only negative point in my opinion is its short length and the little difficulty in the puzzles. Expand
  32. Nov 26, 2013
    I am an old school gamer and I have pretty much seen it all and am pretty much bored with 90% of the games out there.
    Most games of these days simply don't have it and I was absolutely amazed with this game.
    This game is something new and refreshing and brings story telling and gaming experience to the next level. The music the story the execution is simply perfect. To everyone who
    To everyone who worked on creating this game, /bow and thank you so much for this beautiful game.
  33. Nov 25, 2013
    Brothers a tale of two son um jogo que te ganha pela historia, um gameplay diferente, o unico ponto negativo, o tamanho do jogo que poderia ser maior, mas talvez tenha sido melhor assim.
    um final fantástico.
  34. Nov 23, 2013
    This will be the first review I've ever written. I thought this game deserved to be written about and recommended by everyone who played it.

This is an adventure game that takes you on an adventure only the very best games ever did before. I couldn't get over the mesmerizing feel this game gave me while progressing through the adventure. It was not a hard game at all but because of that the pacing felt perfect. The art direction they have taken is perfect. This is an adventure you must have experienced once in your life.
  35. Nov 17, 2013
    This is a game that lives up to its scores and then some. It has to be experienced, 'nuff said. To add one other thing, however, this was the first game in quite a while that truly stopped me in my tracks, pulled me in directions and left me speechless; reliving my adventures and the memories of beloved characters, the game resonated long following its conclusion.
  36. Nov 16, 2013
    Wow. Most beautiful game ever played. Ingenious scandinavian team.
    And really trains you in logical thinking & motoric skill.
    Greets from germany.....
  37. Nov 14, 2013
    Fragile and memorable, original and Perfect. Could I imagine that the game can make a striking impression? Of course not. After so many games you stop wondering. But the game turned my ideas about the games. The beauty of landscapes and the sounds of music and characters, gameplay and puzzles. In this game, everything is perfect. This game is the real fairy tale.
  38. Nov 13, 2013
    This is one of the most beautiful masterpieces ever created. The way you control each of the Brothers and how you solve puzzles had me glued for every hour. The side"quests" like saving the Baby Turtles that most people would miss really made me feel like the developers really wanted you to stop an view every small detail at every corner to see if there was some small "Quest" or cut-sceneThis is one of the most beautiful masterpieces ever created. The way you control each of the Brothers and how you solve puzzles had me glued for every hour. The side"quests" like saving the Baby Turtles that most people would miss really made me feel like the developers really wanted you to stop an view every small detail at every corner to see if there was some small "Quest" or cut-scene to view. I highly recommend this game. Expand
  39. Nov 10, 2013
    So....I'm here on Metacritic for the very first time and I'm writing a review because this game deserves it. It really does. I'm going to be quick, this clearly isn't a triple A game, it's something more. The particular thing here is how the gamer became the bond between the two brothers, not merely the one who moves them. Because of this, the connection between the game and the person whoSo....I'm here on Metacritic for the very first time and I'm writing a review because this game deserves it. It really does. I'm going to be quick, this clearly isn't a triple A game, it's something more. The particular thing here is how the gamer became the bond between the two brothers, not merely the one who moves them. Because of this, the connection between the game and the person who plays it became strong, really strong. And at last, well...this connection will be the cause of your ultimate depression.
    This game is something beautiful that will break your heart in many little pieces, but this is how real life is too: you will experience sorrow and joy with the two brothers in a way that isn't common today with videogames.

Definitely worth buying,
  40. Nov 10, 2013
    Long time did not play a game so interesting. One of the best games I've played. Exciting, engaging, control characters fantastic. I recommend to those who really like adventure games.
    I am very demanding games, and this game has exceeded all my expectations.
    Português-Portuguese Faz muito tempo que não jogo um jogo tão interessante. Um dos melhores jogos que joguei. Empolgante,
    I am very demanding games, and this game has exceeded all my expectations.

Português-Portuguese
    Faz muito tempo que não jogo um jogo tão interessante. Um dos melhores jogos que joguei. Empolgante, envolvente, controle de personagens fantástico. Recomendo a quem realmente gosta de jogos de aventura.
    Eu sou muito exigente para jogos, e esse jogo superou todas as minhas expectativas.
  41. Nov 9, 2013
    A game that everyone should play. It's gaming at its finest. Gameplay and story intertwined to give one of the best gaming experiences ever without even saying a word.

A controller is highly recommended.
  42. Nov 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. His brother literally died at the end..it touched my heart. The little brother actually tough and learned how to do everything on his own and not depend at other people. Plus, Its also tough to control both brothers in one controller and its very challenging. Great Job I must say!!! Expand
  43. Nov 5, 2013
    This is a lovely little game. I say little because it only took me five hours and I didn't feel inclined to replay it right away. It wasn't very expensive, if you don't count the Xbox controller it requires. Having to control two characters simultaneously was a nice challenge, and the basic message of love and cooperation was very satisfying. I also liked that the ending had real feelingThis is a lovely little game. I say little because it only took me five hours and I didn't feel inclined to replay it right away. It wasn't very expensive, if you don't count the Xbox controller it requires. Having to control two characters simultaneously was a nice challenge, and the basic message of love and cooperation was very satisfying. I also liked that the ending had real feeling that was different from what you get in most computer games. I took off a point for not being 'open-world': you have a fairly narrow path to follow. I didn't get most of the achievements, but they aren't integral to the story and it would take considerable random clicking to unlock most of them. There were a lot of passages that required imagination and ingenuity to solve; it reminded me of GW2 jumping puzzles or certain platformers. The lack of English dialog was, in some ways, a plus; it certainly wasn't hard to follow most of the conversations due to the cleverness of the drawing. Some plot twists were surprising. I certainly recommend this game ahead of most shooters I've played, mainly because of the emotional dynamics. Expand
  44. Nov 4, 2013
    I am not known for being emotional but i have to say.. one of the great games of this century. lets look at it.. graphics are nice, but not massive AAA quality.. storyline is objectively seen not bad, but certainly seen better thought out stories, its quite a short game and the replayability is close to 0.. still.. its the best game ive ever played. At start you may not know why but afterI am not known for being emotional but i have to say.. one of the great games of this century. lets look at it.. graphics are nice, but not massive AAA quality.. storyline is objectively seen not bad, but certainly seen better thought out stories, its quite a short game and the replayability is close to 0.. still.. its the best game ive ever played. At start you may not know why but after a while you get sucked into the story.. you will experience smiling, light feelings and rumbling emotions in your head.. you will also experience sadness, falls and confused moments... and without spoiling anything.. if you dont cry at last part of the game.. you are not human. Many people of which alot grown man have admitted to have tears either on theur face or welling up in their eyes. This game makes you go through alot of emotions and feelings.. and though you will not notice it immediatly while playing.. at the end everything will come lose and you will look back t the game and hope that all games will give you a feeling like that. Expand
  45. Nov 4, 2013
    What a wonderful experience this game was. The concept and controls worked perfectly (used a controller) and the game was perfectly paced, never boring, never tedious. I'm usually not the most patient gamer and rarely take the time to do things in a game that doesn't give me any tangible game-rewards. Here I played a lot more with the surroundings becoming genuinely interested in the twoWhat a wonderful experience this game was. The concept and controls worked perfectly (used a controller) and the game was perfectly paced, never boring, never tedious. I'm usually not the most patient gamer and rarely take the time to do things in a game that doesn't give me any tangible game-rewards. Here I played a lot more with the surroundings becoming genuinely interested in the two brothers and the world they could interact with. I even checked out the achievement list after finishing the first time to find new fun and pointless things to do. That's a first for this veteran gamer.

I also started playing this game a second time, now with my 3 year old daughter. Granted, some of the scenes were a little bit scary for her but I have never seen her so engaged in any game before. The way the game doesn't rely on understanding the made up language makes it very easy to follow the story for children. She tried controlling a bit when she wanted to and passed the controls to me quite often to progress.

One of my best purchases ever.

I got a wired controlled quite recently to check out State of Decay and I think that affected the experience quite a bit. This is the first time (perhaps except for Tekken and the likes) that I have found a console controller to be essential for the experience so strongly recommend you get one hooked up to your PC.
  46. Nov 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After watching total biscuit's immense hype for this game, I decided to try it for myself, all in one sitting. The graphics are beautiful. The controls are odd at first, but then work well. But the emotional moment where many people shed tears, I was only slightly moved. After the crazy adventures they had gone through, having the older brother die to such a silly, out of nowhere event left me a little disappointed. But overall it is still a beautiful story, and a must play Expand
  47. Nov 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Cool. One of the best games of this year set in a fantasy world from the beginning it socked me into its world with its outstanding visuals amazing music and fantastic storyline support the developers and get this game it's definitely one of the best games of this year Expand
  48. Nov 1, 2013
    The gameplay is very simple, and a bit of a novelty, but play to the end and you'll understand the artistry of it. Keyboard controls work, but was designed and works best with a gamepad. It's a much darker game than I was expecting, but one filled with stunning beauty and a bit of humor too. My one complaint is that I wish it were longer. It's a short but bittersweetThe gameplay is very simple, and a bit of a novelty, but play to the end and you'll understand the artistry of it. Keyboard controls work, but was designed and works best with a gamepad. It's a much darker game than I was expecting, but one filled with stunning beauty and a bit of humor too. My one complaint is that I wish it were longer. It's a short but bittersweet fantsy-adventure-puzzle game that will probably haunt you. Well worth the small price if you're not someone totally averse to a bit of melancholy. A warning: if you've ever lost someone close to you, there's probably something in this game that will be an emotional trigger. Expand
  49. Nov 1, 2013
    Whoever thinks this game is boring/uninteresting, you have no taste. The plot was well paced, the ending great. The puzzles interesting, though could have been a bit more difficult. The gameplay itself is something i have personally never seen before, and i found it quite fun. The storytelling was fantastic. They managed to tell the story without any text or language, something onlyWhoever thinks this game is boring/uninteresting, you have no taste. The plot was well paced, the ending great. The puzzles interesting, though could have been a bit more difficult. The gameplay itself is something i have personally never seen before, and i found it quite fun. The storytelling was fantastic. They managed to tell the story without any text or language, something only legendary games seem to do (f.ex Journey). The ending gave me so many feels it left me crying like a little girl.The soundtrack is brilliant, the graphics and style great. Really, the only downside is its length, however it would get boring really quickly if it lasted more than 5 hours. Nonetheless, this is without a doubt the best game i have ever played. I would love to see more from the devs. Expand
  50. Nov 1, 2013
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is one of those rare gems that is incredibly cheap, very short, yet manages to be one of the best games I've played in my entire life. You'll hit every emotion at full force playing through this thing and it's a fantastic experience that I would recommend to anyone with a working PC.

The 3 hours it took to finish this game hit harder and were more effective

The 3 hours it took to finish this game hit harder and were more effective than any 10+ hour game I've ever played (with The Walking Dead being the closest)

10/10 Easy...one of the best games I've ever played.
  51. Nov 1, 2013
    Absolutely Amazing! This right here, is how you do story telling games! Incredible art in this game, the visuals will blow you away. It is like you are walking through a watercolor painting. The soundtrack is truly enchanting at times as well.

This game can be beat in a few hours I highly recommend you play this and allow yourself to take it all in at once, much like a cinematic experience. The ending of this game left me gasping "Wow, Holy wow! Absolutely Incredible". This instantly goes down as one of my all time favorite visual media experiences.

This is an unforgettable adventure you should undertake!

copy and pasted from my steam profile
  52. Oct 31, 2013
    One of the most memorable and enjoyable game I've played in years. A great combination of controller innovation, dialogue-less story line, and characters that you actually care about.
  53. Oct 30, 2013
    Easily one of the most beautiful and innovative games I've ever played!
    A fantasy adventure like none I've played before with stunning visuals and a fantastic sound track.

You have to play that.
  54. Oct 29, 2013
    Simply amazing.... an absolute blast to play from start to finish. Other reviews here already mention that the game is "fresh and new" but I have to repeat that as well because it's true.... this is a very unique gaming experience that everyone should get the chance to play.
  55. Oct 27, 2013
    Graphically, this is the most beautiful game I have ever played. The music is also beautiful. I was disappointed with how the story turned out but despite that, the game absolutely amazed me.
  56. Oct 25, 2013
    about 4 and a half awesome hours of amazing feelings,atmospheric world,great gameplay and amazing soundtracks. a real great experience that i never seen before and the two brothers are both awesome especially the younger one.
    i gotta say this is the BEST adventure game i've ever played i'll give it a 9.5 coz i really wanted the game to last longer.
    i guess this game deserves to be
    i guess this game deserves to be nominated for GOTY
  57. Oct 24, 2013
    One of the best stories I've played all year. The game has a way of pulling you in and making accomplishments feel earned. The game mechanics are easy and unique with a controller and help seperate the fact that you're playing as two different characters. The graphics are stunning and the camera positions itself perfectly to capture the depth of the scenery and this helps strengthen theOne of the best stories I've played all year. The game has a way of pulling you in and making accomplishments feel earned. The game mechanics are easy and unique with a controller and help seperate the fact that you're playing as two different characters. The graphics are stunning and the camera positions itself perfectly to capture the depth of the scenery and this helps strengthen the story immensely. For a game that has hardly any dialogue I have never felt a richer story. An Absolute recommend Expand
  58. Oct 23, 2013
    First review for a game i have ever written and that is because this game is amazing
    i finished it in one sitting and i have to say even though it is a short game it is still one of the best i have ever played
    the gameplay is brilliant and the story is heart-wrenching
    its such a beutifull game when i first played it i had no idea how grim it would get later on yet it still retained its beuty
  59. Oct 22, 2013
    For such a short indie game this a very good game and experience and a must buy for a Steam sale. The only con is of course its length as the game is very short but maybe with its great success it will be expanded upon.
  60. Oct 16, 2013
    Wow, ‘Brothers’ is seriously on the best best games in the history of gaming. It’s a ‘Grim Fandango’, a ‘The Longest Journey’, a ‘Deus Ex 1’. A game that has made gameplay progress, while offering a great execution at the same time. A 10/10 without hesitation, even if it weren’t as perfectly executed and even if the length is not spectacular.
  61. Oct 15, 2013
    This was quite an adventure with some emotional heart string pulling that is rare in games, or at least ones I've played. Each brother has a different personality along with strengths and weaknesses. So they compliment each other as you guide them on their journey. The graphics are great, with an artistic flair that's very unique. The musical ambiance fits well without being tooThis was quite an adventure with some emotional heart string pulling that is rare in games, or at least ones I've played. Each brother has a different personality along with strengths and weaknesses. So they compliment each other as you guide them on their journey. The graphics are great, with an artistic flair that's very unique. The musical ambiance fits well without being too overpowering.

I'd say the experience is worth $10-15. I wouldn't go further for the simple reason that it is quite short. If you take your time and enjoy a view now and then, you should manage about 4 hours. Those are a great 4 hours but still rather short by most standards.

I came across one glitch near the end but managed to eventually get through it. I think it had to do with path finding of the younger brother in the water.

All in all, a nice experience for a Sat Sunday afternoon.
  62. Oct 11, 2013
    It's short. It's simple. It's cruel, It's yet very emotionally touching. And very beautiful visually. Concentrated mixture of everything that can touch a human soul.
  63. Oct 10, 2013
    Although someone might find the length of this game to be too short to pay about 14 i would still believe this is a game that is definitely worth it. When you compare it to what it would cost you to buy a movie which might last half the time you'll spend on this game it isn't really that expensive.
    The story, the soundtrack, the art and the puzzles will give you an unforgettable experience.
    -The puzzles aren't all that challenging, but they are still very entertaining and innovative. I feel this is a good choice since hard and frustrating puzzles would make it harder to enjoy the story and the world that surrounds you.
  64. Oct 10, 2013
    a little hidden gem in the world of videogames, a title that can be considered a true artwork, a masterpiece that can thrill you from start to finish. A plot that can keep you glued to the game for the duration of the story, although this is quite short, but given the quality of the game this is the only fault I could find...
  65. Oct 8, 2013
    So much unreal hype in these reviews. I was glad to have read them before playing, as I was braced for how bad it must be. I was first struck by how dated the Unreal engine is. They did very well with what they had, but you can only dress up fake 3D with low-res 200x graphics so much. For a while, I thought my PC either turned into a Wii, or I was playing a World of Warcraft mod. TheSo much unreal hype in these reviews. I was glad to have read them before playing, as I was braced for how bad it must be. I was first struck by how dated the Unreal engine is. They did very well with what they had, but you can only dress up fake 3D with low-res 200x graphics so much. For a while, I thought my PC either turned into a Wii, or I was playing a World of Warcraft mod. The story's tone is flat-out bipolar, rapidly switching from suicide to whimsical hang-gliding within the span of a few minutes. The characters are shallow, cliche, and poorly set-up, like the character designers spent all their time in the office playing ping pong, with NPCs' most memorable interaction with the player being the direction they point. Most puzzles are offensively obvious, while the few others rely on moon logic. The main character is simply unlikable (along with almost every other NPC you "interact" with), a bother to society and a burden on anyone unfortunate enough to interact with him. He has absurd fears which slow the game down, much to the users' frustration. "Bosses" all seem ripped from other games, whether an invisible monster drawing an eye-roll, or the stupid lug who indirectly kills himself by running into walls. The controls are ridiculously confusing and frustrating without a gamepad, trying to move multiple characters at once it clearly wasn't ported properly.

Then, just before the end of the game, 505 suddenly reveals it was all intentional. Every frustration I felt, all the shortcomings I thought the game had, suddenly make sense as storytelling mechanics. My defenses were down as I realized what an idiot I am, and then they go right for the heart with the most powerful emotional experience I've ever had in gaming. Absolutely unforgettable.
  66. ndr
    Oct 6, 2013
    This is one of the best games I ever played. The story is incredible, the mechanics are so easy to learn but sometimes tricky to master. Graphics and music is awesome!

Truly amazing!
  67. Oct 5, 2013
    This game is amazing! Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons touch my heart.Great controller and combination, suberb art-style and amazing soundtrack.I love it.Best adventure-puzzle game of 2013.must play.
  68. Oct 4, 2013
    This is the most unique game I have ever played, I would say the best game as well and I have been playing quite hardcore the past decade. The environment is amazing and the camera work also, things rarely repeat itself as they tend to do in many other games, and the emotional roller-coaster this game delivers is outstanding, I have never EVER cried to a video-game before, and veryThis is the most unique game I have ever played, I would say the best game as well and I have been playing quite hardcore the past decade. The environment is amazing and the camera work also, things rarely repeat itself as they tend to do in many other games, and the emotional roller-coaster this game delivers is outstanding, I have never EVER cried to a video-game before, and very rarely to movies. But I burst out in tears like a little girl, wow just wow. I'm blown away from this game.

Best 12€ I ever spent on a video game, top class Starbreeze, top class!
  69. Oct 3, 2013
    At first glance, this seemed like one of those "meh to okay" ranged games to me, but it's much more than that. The controls and puzzles are very clever, the atmosphere and story of the game holds up beautifully, especially when there's very limited dialogue not something that every game can pull off. I wouldn't say the game is mindblowing, but I'd still recommend every type of gamer to try it.
  70. Oct 2, 2013
    A game like no other.
    That is a statement I can say and be true with this game, having to control two characters is a breath of fresh air and provides some great unique moments.
    A game like no other.
    The journey this game takes you on is pretty fantastic, its lasts about 3 hours and is really well paced with no parts that will bore you. The game is mainly summed up of puzzles which will require you to use the characters at the same time in order to progress which is pretty daunting at first and takes a little time to get used to but once you do its really fun.

The game is also rather pretty, with some great vista's. To be honest its hard to talk about this game without spoiling the experience, its a game you need to play yourself and for the price you should. If you liked to play something different, you should play this.
  71. Sep 30, 2013
    A must have! If you only play it to try the unique control system and see the beautifully rendered scenery, then so be it. It's also pretty challenging at times and very addicting. I personally had some problems with the storyline...but it didn't take away from my game experience. No other game has provided the sensations I had while playing Brothers. I'm usually the type of playerA must have! If you only play it to try the unique control system and see the beautifully rendered scenery, then so be it. It's also pretty challenging at times and very addicting. I personally had some problems with the storyline...but it didn't take away from my game experience. No other game has provided the sensations I had while playing Brothers. I'm usually the type of player that likes only the challenge of a game, but with this one I found myself stopping to look at the scenery many times. In fact, not just stopping, staring and saying whaaaaat?!?! This game covers the gamut of emotions and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good game. Expand
  72. Sep 28, 2013
    I loved it, the game conveys a powerful story without saying a word in any actual language, go play it f you haven't already, there's nothing quite like it out there
  73. Sep 28, 2013
    I sure would like to shake the hand of the person who made this game! Well done.. It does so well when your playing both brothers at once and in fact it really puts the game at hard to work. Games that allow you to play as just one character or one character at a time already have enough of a hard time but playing 2 at once is something much different for the player(s) and the game'sI sure would like to shake the hand of the person who made this game! Well done.. It does so well when your playing both brothers at once and in fact it really puts the game at hard to work. Games that allow you to play as just one character or one character at a time already have enough of a hard time but playing 2 at once is something much different for the player(s) and the game's physics.

I have made it atleast 2 hours into the game now and i don't see anything too tough to accomplish.. Every objective seems easy enough to complete within just few minutes of thinking time (or maybe none needed at all)

The adventuring is spectacular. Very good looking.

The way you help each other out is just so touching and breathe taking that it will put a smile on anyone's face. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about what's beyond the next turn. Great job!
  74. Sep 26, 2013
    A classic through and through. Hard to fault this game to be honest and wholly justifies it's high praise. Started and finished in one sitting just shy of 4 hours (I paced myself as I didn't want it it end). Will I play it again? Probably not for a few years at least. Even with that in mind, I highly recommend anyone give this a bash as it's worth your money and your time. Enjoy.
  75. Sep 25, 2013
    1 2 братьев.
    Уверяю 300 игры.

Более сайте.

Так
  76. Sep 24, 2013
    one of the best games of this year set in a fantasy world from the beginning it socked me into its world with its outstanding visuals amazing music and fantastic storyline support the developers and get this game it's definitely one of the best games of this year
  77. Sep 23, 2013
    A hidden gem, absolutely outstanding in all aspects. It tests reflexes, puzzle solving, and how well you can hold your emotions. The visuals are great, the sound immerses you, overall just amazing. The game is short, but since I've replayed it twice I can say the price is justified.
  78. Sep 22, 2013
    First the 2 negatives:
    First the 2 negatives:
    I have to warn potential buyers that this is more of a story/movie than a game. In fact, the game elements were by far the least interesting. It requires the player to do somewhat confusing controller magic which took me out of the great involved story line. Because you control both thumbsticks and both left and right trigger at the same time (yes, sometimes all together at once) I had some failures with the platforming part because I forgot which buttons and sticks to use. But, it never got to the point where I would fail more than 3 times or so.

The game is extremely short. I finished it in under 2 hours. This might be too short for the price for some people.

Now for the good part:
    This game is utterly beautiful (I played on 2560x1440). It looks like one of the most lovingly created games I've ever played. All the environments and creatures are just amazing. The game uses very vibrant colours in day time, and really bleak colours at night which really portray the mood you are experiencing. The music is also something very special. One of the better musical scores in any game I know of. There is not much of it, but what is there is of 'Lord of the rings' ilk and quality.
    The game starts positive with a lot of tiny details like petting cute animals and having fun with the villagers. Gradually it turns ever darker.
    If you want to have an experience that has the power to move you psychologically, this is the game for you. See it as sort of an interactive drama movie.

Story 10
    Visuals 10
    Music 10
    Gameplay 6
    Length 6
    Replayability 3

Total: 8
  79. Sep 22, 2013
    Simply, one of the best games I've played in my life and one which I'll be playing in the incoming years. It's beautiful, it's charming, it's funny, it's sad and it's an adventure. I would love to continue playing with the brothers in this fantastic world at least once more. I don't think it'll be a second part, but if it happens it'll be a first day buy for me.
  80. Sep 19, 2013
    Everyone should play this. It's as simple as that. The game does have a couple of minor problems, especially the cheesy music that actually hurts the emotional impact of the story, but when it works (which is 95% of the time), it works in a way that you have simply never experienced before. There's not a whole lot of unique games these days. This is one of them. Go buy it now.
  81. Sep 18, 2013
    An outstanding little game. It has fairly basic puzzle gameplay and somewhat questionable controls, but the graphics, setting and emotionally impacting story more than makes up for it. A fantastic and meaningful adventure that is recommended to all.
  82. Sep 17, 2013
    A beautiful and emotional game that perfectly merges story telling and gameplay. My only gripe would be that it is too short to get fully emotionally involved with the characters, there also are some bad textures but all that does not matter much as this is one of the best story driven games I've ever played.
  83. Sep 14, 2013
    One of the best games i bought for the PC. Its worth every penny. This game is really adventurous. I love the graphics. The storyline is extravaganza. It creates love between me and this game. Its a must try for all PC gamers who love playing adventure games.
  84. Sep 14, 2013
    Brothers is an adult fairy tale masked as a video game. That being said, it is an EXCELLENT fairy tale with truly original game play with platform mechanics. The art design is top notch. What's even more compelling is that the story is laid out to the play with zero dialogue either written or heard. Everything from plot to game play is communicated through flawless level design, andBrothers is an adult fairy tale masked as a video game. That being said, it is an EXCELLENT fairy tale with truly original game play with platform mechanics. The art design is top notch. What's even more compelling is that the story is laid out to the play with zero dialogue either written or heard. Everything from plot to game play is communicated through flawless level design, and humorous and ingenious charades by in-game characters.

The style of game play should me mentioned, of course. Each brother is controlled (a controller is a must) by a thumb-stick. It is a challenge for a few minutes, but becomes surprisingly intuitive quickly. What could be gimmicky is actually a truly original concept executed flawlessly.

Get this game!!!
  85. Sep 13, 2013
    Game perfect at all cases. Visual, gameplay, story, interesting along a whole game, perfect ending, not too long, without serious bugs. I think this game "must play" for all gamers, especially if you have a brother or sister game will be much more sensual and sentimental (I was near crying at the end).
    For the last ten or more years computer game has awakened sentimental feelings in me!
  86. Sep 10, 2013
    I can happily call this game my game of the year. This is mainly down to the games ability to tell a story without using a single word of English. During game play you will feel a whole range of emotions from anger, sadness all the way to happiness and excitement. This game in my eyes is a 10 out of 10 no questions. Anyone who has a PC, Xbox 360 or PS3 should definitely play this game.
  87. Sep 10, 2013
    This game is awesome. It's well made, there are a lot of cool puzzles for two characters, picture and environment changes often, so you will never get boring. And YES, you must control two characters simultaneously. That's not the greatest part of this game, but there are no other options for such gameplay. Unlike platformers like Lara Croft tGoL some of local puzzles are so bind toThis game is awesome. It's well made, there are a lot of cool puzzles for two characters, picture and environment changes often, so you will never get boring. And YES, you must control two characters simultaneously. That's not the greatest part of this game, but there are no other options for such gameplay. Unlike platformers like Lara Croft tGoL some of local puzzles are so bind to exactly two characters, so you can't understand how you never before had a game with such a great things. My god, I love this game. Suddenly this is one of the best games in this year. Expand
  88. Sep 9, 2013
    This is one of the few games you can truly call "art". The way the story is portrayed, the way characters are developed (even without any! comprehensible dialogue) and the way the game pulls you into the story is simply marvelous.

This game is a must play for any gamer worth his salt.
  89. Sep 8, 2013
    Brothers almost the only modern game that can pass without getting any achievements. There is no open world, side quests, leveling characters, gathering equipment and weapons, difficulty levels and other things that we used to see in other current-gen titles. In this case, A Tale of Two Sons an interactive story in the best sense of the word. The story that will not give away from theBrothers almost the only modern game that can pass without getting any achievements. There is no open world, side quests, leveling characters, gathering equipment and weapons, difficulty levels and other things that we used to see in other current-gen titles. In this case, A Tale of Two Sons an interactive story in the best sense of the word. The story that will not give away from the game until the screen will not run the final credits. Expand
  90. Sep 5, 2013
    This game was very good, great visuals, good story and unique interesting game play. I really did not expect to be impressed with this one and was rather skeptical of the 'single player co-op controlling 2 characters at once, but it was done very well and imo it was great to see something new and innovative in a game like this, it offered many new challenges and ways to deal with them. allThis game was very good, great visuals, good story and unique interesting game play. I really did not expect to be impressed with this one and was rather skeptical of the 'single player co-op controlling 2 characters at once, but it was done very well and imo it was great to see something new and innovative in a game like this, it offered many new challenges and ways to deal with them. all around great game, check it out you wont be let down. The only downside was the length was rather short only taking approx 3 hours to finish. but still well worth it Expand
  91. Sep 5, 2013
    this game is like smack on the face to many other AAA big games. control is simple gameplay is simple, but it offers a great experience. (-1 for not much replay value) visual and the story just draws your emotion right from the start till the end. this is not a main stream game but if you like the journey on PS3 this is a game for you. plus gamepad is highly recommended. since at first ithis game is like smack on the face to many other AAA big games. control is simple gameplay is simple, but it offers a great experience. (-1 for not much replay value) visual and the story just draws your emotion right from the start till the end. this is not a main stream game but if you like the journey on PS3 this is a game for you. plus gamepad is highly recommended. since at first i used keyboard to play but seems a little glitchy, switch to a gamepad then everything works prefectly fine. good jobs on the developer you just earn a fan Expand
  92. Sep 5, 2013
    I don't give 10's... except for this game. Yeah it really is that good. The story is amazing and after about 5-10 minutes it's difficult to put it down. There is no dialogue just some gibberish being spoken between the characters. Every character you meet in this game is amazingly thought out and the story just keeps driving you forward. A new experience in multitasking trying to controlI don't give 10's... except for this game. Yeah it really is that good. The story is amazing and after about 5-10 minutes it's difficult to put it down. There is no dialogue just some gibberish being spoken between the characters. Every character you meet in this game is amazingly thought out and the story just keeps driving you forward. A new experience in multitasking trying to control both brothers at once, and it's great. Expand
  93. Sep 4, 2013
    Great, though short game. This game is probably for those age 12 and 15, though the emotional story is powerful and would appeal to adults as well. My concern is that the price point is too high for a game of this length (about three hours), and its appeal to an English audience and keyboard users. Though I selected the English tab on startup I did not see any subtitles, nor hear anyGreat, though short game. This game is probably for those age 12 and 15, though the emotional story is powerful and would appeal to adults as well. My concern is that the price point is too high for a game of this length (about three hours), and its appeal to an English audience and keyboard users. Though I selected the English tab on startup I did not see any subtitles, nor hear any English being spoken. You don't really need any spoken dialogue to follow the story, which is a lot like the non-sanitized German children's stories I heard/read growing up. Again well written/designed game. Expand
  94. Sep 3, 2013
    This game is a gem. i didn't expect to like it so much. The story and ending are simply amazing. I recommend this game to anyone who likes a good adventure. The game is only 3 hours long and there is not too much of a challenge but overall it's an awesome experience. i enjoyed this more than any of these recent blockbuster games. Yes it's that good. 9/10
  95. Sep 3, 2013
    Great storyline, it speaks to me like no other game I've played so far. Really connects the player to the game and makes you feel something special all thru every second of it! Love

1. Oct 31, 2013
    Brothers, unlike many recent indie hits, is very down to earth. It is not rife with intellectual puzzles like Braid, it is not as open to interpretations as Journey. It just makes you think about simple human values.
  2. Oct 24, 2013
    A gorgeous world, bursting with personality. Great storytelling makes up for the short length and unchallenging puzzles.
  3. Oct 11, 2013
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is a true marriage of gameplay and narrative, and it is frankly a complete triumph.