8.6

1. Sep 3, 2013
    This game is a gem. i didn't expect to like it so much. The story and ending are simply amazing. I recommend this game to anyone who likes a good adventure. The game is only 3 hours long and there is not too much of a challenge but overall it's an awesome experience. i enjoyed this more than any of these recent blockbuster games. Yes it's that good. 9/10
  2. Sep 3, 2013
    Great storyline, it speaks to me like no other game I've played so far. Really connects the player to the game and makes you feel something special all thru every second of it! Love
  3. Sep 2, 2014
    A breath of fresh air in indie game dev and gaming overall. Interesting story and deep connection to the characters, through beautiful art style and simplicity of play. A must play game...
  4. Mar 16, 2015
    If you don't like 'Brothers', then you simply don't like video games at all. Well, okay, maybe that's not entirely true and I may be a bit melodramatic when saying that, but I really can't figure out a reason why someone would dislike this game, other than the fact that it's pretty short. Although making this game longer would most likely deter from it's beauty. Simply put, this is one ofIf you don't like 'Brothers', then you simply don't like video games at all. Well, okay, maybe that's not entirely true and I may be a bit melodramatic when saying that, but I really can't figure out a reason why someone would dislike this game, other than the fact that it's pretty short. Although making this game longer would most likely deter from it's beauty. Simply put, this is one of the best and most original puzzle games that I have played in a while, and although it's not exactly the most difficult, the reward is in the storytelling. It's not easy to portray emotion in a video game without saying a word, but this game pulls it off in style.

While I agree that all video games, no matter how bad or good they are, are a form of art, this game is a shining example of it. Emotional storytelling combined with controls that make sense not only to the gameplay, but say even more on a narrative level, 'A Tale of Two Sons' shines the most when it comes to how we interact with the characters. By giving players the opportunity to control both brothers at once by utilizing the dual sticks on your gamepad, 'Brothers' takes storytelling through gameplay to a new level. This may sound difficult to control at first, but after a few minutes you'll get the hang of it and will often forget that you're controlling two people at the same time without much thought.

This game more than deserves the amount of praise that it has been given and I hope to see more video games that utilize this control concept. The art style here is fantastic, the variety in gameplay will keep you entertained the whole way through, and the puzzle elements although simplistic are incredibly fun when combined with the controls. The asking price may be a bit high for such a short game, but the next time this one is on sale, I would recommend picking it up to pretty much anyone.
  5. Jul 29, 2014
    I played this game without knowing much about it. I bought it on a steam sale and didn't play it until month later, convinced it probably wasn't that special. I was wrong. At first it seemed to be exactly what I expected: a simple little puzzle game with an original mechanic/gimmick (controlling two characters at the same time). Nice graphics, fun little puzzles, but nothing extraordinary.I played this game without knowing much about it. I bought it on a steam sale and didn't play it until month later, convinced it probably wasn't that special. I was wrong. At first it seemed to be exactly what I expected: a simple little puzzle game with an original mechanic/gimmick (controlling two characters at the same time). Nice graphics, fun little puzzles, but nothing extraordinary. The longer I played the more it struck me how great the game looked though, with lots of different areas, from meadows to caves to the remains of war to frozen villages and beautiful lakes again. Also the puzzles kept varying constantly, so it never got repetitive. However, the best part about the game is the story. It starts with a very simple plot: save sick dad by traveling to some distant place to get a cure. Perfect little plot for a little game, I figured. For a long time it didn't seem to be any more than that, but the game has a big trick up it's sleeve and it's innocent appearance is part of it. Expand
  6. Aug 7, 2014
    This is a truly Powerful Adventure Story Driven Game. It is a Masterpiece it deeply affected me Art Style is Gorgeous, The Narrative is Powerful, and the Gameplay is Unique. If you haven't played this your doing yourself an INJUSTICE I hope they make sequel to continue the Story I want more of this and I wish we had more games like this.
  7. Jul 25, 2014
    Everything about this game is made to perfection, or at least close to perfection.
    The sounds are great, the aesthetics are great, the use of the control is amazing.
    The characters represent emotion perfectly.

have to say though, the gameplay is potentially boring.
  8. Jul 20, 2014
    Great visuals and a really well done story considering there's no speech involved in the game whatsoever. Although the graphics might lead you to believe this is a cute kids game there are some darker parts and the end is a little emotional. The controls can be a bit frustrating, but at the same time it was really fun to be both characters at once. Definitely worth a purchase if you get itGreat visuals and a really well done story considering there's no speech involved in the game whatsoever. Although the graphics might lead you to believe this is a cute kids game there are some darker parts and the end is a little emotional. The controls can be a bit frustrating, but at the same time it was really fun to be both characters at once. Definitely worth a purchase if you get it on sale, otherwise $15 seems a little steep. Expand
  9. Aug 24, 2014
    Very short (as expected) even if playing very slowly. It is a deep adventure full of feelings, it is a poem. I am not really familiar with the nordic culture, but it is a wonderful adventure worth to be played more than one time (achievements are also not easy to find, and no description will be given). Stunning scenery, wonderful graphics, and it looks amazing in 3D if you like 3D. 90/100
  10. Jan 17, 2015
    Oh boy. Where can I start with this one.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is a small Adventure game based on two brothers, who after losing their mother, must go on a quest to retrieve something to help their sick father. A usually simple premise. However, the gameplay is unique in that it's co-op... with yourself. You control both brothers; with a controller, the analogue sticks and
    Oh boy. Where can I start with this one.

However, the gameplay is unique in that it's co-op... with yourself. You control both brothers; with a controller, the analogue sticks and triggers are dedicated to each brother, while if playing via keyboard, the WASD keys control one and the arrow keys control the other. There is very much a sense of trying to pat your head and rub your stomach at the same time, using these controls. At first, while travelling the world is relatively easy, you may struggle but soon you get used to it.

The world itself is beautiful to wander around. It looks like an oil painting come to life, with many inhabitants and objects available to interact with in both humerus and very moving ways. They breathe a certain kind of life in this game that only few games actually achieve. The landscapes become more and more epic as you progress. One certain area (and how you manoeuvre this area) left my mouth agape for it's entirety. You'll know which one this is.

Although it starts out almost child-like, the themes become very dark, quite quickly. You'll stumble across some helpless individuals, which require assistance. The story-telling of these, even though the dialogue is not a known language, can be an emotional experience.

And emotions run very high in this game. I completed this in one 3 hour setting (recommended), and 3 days later, it is still sitting with me. Towards the end, you might even find it hard to continue due to it's emotionally draining circumstances.

Definitely one of the best Indie games I've played.
  11. ndr
    Oct 6, 2013
    This is one of the best games I ever played. The story is incredible, the mechanics are so easy to learn but sometimes tricky to master. Graphics and music is awesome!

Truly amazing!
  12. Sep 5, 2013
    this game is like smack on the face to many other AAA big games. control is simple gameplay is simple, but it offers a great experience. (-1 for not much replay value) visual and the story just draws your emotion right from the start till the end. this is not a main stream game but if you like the journey on PS3 this is a game for you. plus gamepad is highly recommended. since at first ithis game is like smack on the face to many other AAA big games. control is simple gameplay is simple, but it offers a great experience. (-1 for not much replay value) visual and the story just draws your emotion right from the start till the end. this is not a main stream game but if you like the journey on PS3 this is a game for you. plus gamepad is highly recommended. since at first i used keyboard to play but seems a little glitchy, switch to a gamepad then everything works prefectly fine. good jobs on the developer you just earn a fan Expand
  13. Sep 26, 2013
    A classic through and through. Hard to fault this game to be honest and wholly justifies it's high praise. Started and finished in one sitting just shy of 4 hours (I paced myself as I didn't want it it end). Will I play it again? Probably not for a few years at least. Even with that in mind, I highly recommend anyone give this a bash as it's worth your money and your time. Enjoy.
  14. Oct 22, 2013
    For such a short indie game this a very good game and experience and a must buy for a Steam sale. The only con is of course its length as the game is very short but maybe with its great success it will be expanded upon.
  15. Jan 5, 2014
    Artistic masterpiece. Some may not like the game being "easy"... but, it's an incredible ride. Most fun I've had in a videogame in a long time. I found myself seeking cliches and game mechanics of other games... and gladly I wasn't satiated. This is a very unique experience, and the art direction, atmosphere... all of it. Wow! I'd love to play a sequel. Also, the voice acting (although aArtistic masterpiece. Some may not like the game being "easy"... but, it's an incredible ride. Most fun I've had in a videogame in a long time. I found myself seeking cliches and game mechanics of other games... and gladly I wasn't satiated. This is a very unique experience, and the art direction, atmosphere... all of it. Wow! I'd love to play a sequel. Also, the voice acting (although a different language) and music is very well done. Expand
  16. Oct 2, 2013
    A game like no other.
    That is a statement I can say and be true with this game, having to control two characters is a breath of fresh air and provides some great unique moments.
    A game like no other.
    The journey this game takes you on is pretty fantastic, its lasts about 3 hours and is really well paced with no parts that will bore you. The game is mainly summed up of puzzles which will require you to use the characters at the same time in order to progress which is pretty daunting at first and takes a little time to get used to but once you do its really fun.

The game is also rather pretty, with some great vista's. To be honest its hard to talk about this game without spoiling the experience, its a game you need to play yourself and for the price you should. If you liked to play something different, you should play this.
  17. Oct 30, 2013
    Easily one of the most beautiful and innovative games I've ever played!
    A fantasy adventure like none I've played before with stunning visuals and a fantastic sound track.

You have to play that.
  18. Oct 5, 2013
    This game is amazing! Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons touch my heart.Great controller and combination, suberb art-style and amazing soundtrack.I love it.Best adventure-puzzle game of 2013.must play.
  19. Sep 5, 2013
    This game was very good, great visuals, good story and unique interesting game play. I really did not expect to be impressed with this one and was rather skeptical of the 'single player co-op controlling 2 characters at once, but it was done very well and imo it was great to see something new and innovative in a game like this, it offered many new challenges and ways to deal with them. allThis game was very good, great visuals, good story and unique interesting game play. I really did not expect to be impressed with this one and was rather skeptical of the 'single player co-op controlling 2 characters at once, but it was done very well and imo it was great to see something new and innovative in a game like this, it offered many new challenges and ways to deal with them. all around great game, check it out you wont be let down. The only downside was the length was rather short only taking approx 3 hours to finish. but still well worth it Expand
  20. Oct 27, 2013
    Graphically, this is the most beautiful game I have ever played. The music is also beautiful. I was disappointed with how the story turned out but despite that, the game absolutely amazed me.
  21. Sep 18, 2013
    An outstanding little game. It has fairly basic puzzle gameplay and somewhat questionable controls, but the graphics, setting and emotionally impacting story more than makes up for it. A fantastic and meaningful adventure that is recommended to all.
  22. Oct 10, 2013
    Although someone might find the length of this game to be too short to pay about 14 i would still believe this is a game that is definitely worth it. When you compare it to what it would cost you to buy a movie which might last half the time you'll spend on this game it isn't really that expensive.
    The story, the soundtrack, the art and the puzzles will give you an unforgettable experience.
    -The puzzles aren't all that challenging, but they are still very entertaining and innovative. I feel this is a good choice since hard and frustrating puzzles would make it harder to enjoy the story and the world that surrounds you.
  23. Nov 17, 2013
    This is a game that lives up to its scores and then some. It has to be experienced, 'nuff said. To add one other thing, however, this was the first game in quite a while that truly stopped me in my tracks, pulled me in directions and left me speechless; reliving my adventures and the memories of beloved characters, the game resonated long following its conclusion.
  24. Nov 1, 2013
    Absolutely Amazing! This right here, is how you do story telling games! Incredible art in this game, the visuals will blow you away. It is like you are walking through a watercolor painting. The soundtrack is truly enchanting at times as well.

This game can be beat in a few hours I highly recommend you play this and allow yourself to take it all in at once, much like a cinematic experience. The ending of this game left me gasping "Wow, Holy wow! Absolutely Incredible". This instantly goes down as one of my all time favorite visual media experiences.

This is an unforgettable adventure you should undertake!

copy and pasted from my steam profile
  25. Nov 10, 2013
    Long time did not play a game so interesting. One of the best games I've played. Exciting, engaging, control characters fantastic. I recommend to those who really like adventure games.
    I am very demanding games, and this game has exceeded all my expectations.
    Português-Portuguese Faz muito tempo que não jogo um jogo tão interessante. Um dos melhores jogos que joguei. Empolgante,
    I am very demanding games, and this game has exceeded all my expectations.

Português-Portuguese
    Faz muito tempo que não jogo um jogo tão interessante. Um dos melhores jogos que joguei. Empolgante, envolvente, controle de personagens fantástico. Recomendo a quem realmente gosta de jogos de aventura.
    Eu sou muito exigente para jogos, e esse jogo superou todas as minhas expectativas.
  26. Nov 13, 2013
    This is one of the most beautiful masterpieces ever created. The way you control each of the Brothers and how you solve puzzles had me glued for every hour. The side"quests" like saving the Baby Turtles that most people would miss really made me feel like the developers really wanted you to stop an view every small detail at every corner to see if there was some small "Quest" or cut-sceneThis is one of the most beautiful masterpieces ever created. The way you control each of the Brothers and how you solve puzzles had me glued for every hour. The side"quests" like saving the Baby Turtles that most people would miss really made me feel like the developers really wanted you to stop an view every small detail at every corner to see if there was some small "Quest" or cut-scene to view. I highly recommend this game. Expand
  27. Sep 4, 2013
    Great, though short game. This game is probably for those age 12 and 15, though the emotional story is powerful and would appeal to adults as well. My concern is that the price point is too high for a game of this length (about three hours), and its appeal to an English audience and keyboard users. Though I selected the English tab on startup I did not see any subtitles, nor hear anyGreat, though short game. This game is probably for those age 12 and 15, though the emotional story is powerful and would appeal to adults as well. My concern is that the price point is too high for a game of this length (about three hours), and its appeal to an English audience and keyboard users. Though I selected the English tab on startup I did not see any subtitles, nor hear any English being spoken. You don't really need any spoken dialogue to follow the story, which is a lot like the non-sanitized German children's stories I heard/read growing up. Again well written/designed game. Expand
  28. Nov 9, 2013
    A game that everyone should play. It's gaming at its finest. Gameplay and story intertwined to give one of the best gaming experiences ever without even saying a word.

A controller is highly recommended.
  29. Sep 24, 2013
    one of the best games of this year set in a fantasy world from the beginning it socked me into its world with its outstanding visuals amazing music and fantastic storyline support the developers and get this game it's definitely one of the best games of this year
  30. Sep 9, 2013
    This is one of the few games you can truly call "art". The way the story is portrayed, the way characters are developed (even without any! comprehensible dialogue) and the way the game pulls you into the story is simply marvelous.

This game is a must play for any gamer worth his salt.

1. Oct 31, 2013
    Brothers, unlike many recent indie hits, is very down to earth. It is not rife with intellectual puzzles like Braid, it is not as open to interpretations as Journey. It just makes you think about simple human values.
  2. Oct 24, 2013
    A gorgeous world, bursting with personality. Great storytelling makes up for the short length and unchallenging puzzles.
  3. Oct 11, 2013
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is a true marriage of gameplay and narrative, and it is frankly a complete triumph.