8.6

1. Dec 15, 2013
    First use an xbox controller to play this game as I don't think it would be possible using the mouse and keyboard. Using the controller is very smooth and makes you really think to control what is going on.

Second this game is not hard; but it is amazingly creative, wonderfully beautiful, and just incredibly done. It is so outside the norm that it really should be experienced by all.

Third there is no comprehendable dialog in the game and no direction provided, you just have to logically figure things out. This is a huge part of what made this game great.

It only took me three hours to get through the game, but for the price it was absolutely perfect (just enough to really impress, yet not too much to drag on or get repetitive). This really is a studio to watch if they can maintain this level of creativity & quality.
  2. Dec 17, 2013
    I've been gaming for 25+ years and I rate this as one of my top 5 games ever. The combination of great graphics, excellent story and engaging puzzles makes for an amazing experience. A MUST play!
  3. Jan 4, 2014
    Stunning game. If you are the type who doesn't care for character focused drama, this may not be for you. This game is brief, but epic. I am almost at the end and it has been a powerful journey. Without words, a powerful story is shared. Joyous moments seem to end in tragedy. Dark moments are tinged with humor. The young brothers casually walk through horror, showing extreme maturity atStunning game. If you are the type who doesn't care for character focused drama, this may not be for you. This game is brief, but epic. I am almost at the end and it has been a powerful journey. Without words, a powerful story is shared. Joyous moments seem to end in tragedy. Dark moments are tinged with humor. The young brothers casually walk through horror, showing extreme maturity at the same time as youthful playfulness.

A very memorable game and a serious bargain, even with the short playing time, when it goes on sale on the various digital download platforms.

The controls felt unique. It took a little time to get used to controlling one character per analog stick. While the puzzles were far from complex, the novelty of the controls and the depth of the story made it all enjoyable to me.

If you are the type who wants to feel smarter than everyone else, this game could also provide you a chance to proudly rant that the game is overrated, blah, blah, blah. You all know the type. On a more earnest note, if you don't care for emotional drama, this game might be boring for you.
  4. Jan 18, 2014
    Absolutely amazing game. Beautiful landscapes and graphics, touching story, great characterization.

One of the best games I have played for a few years.
  5. Jul 7, 2014
    Just finished it. It was an amazing journey. Loved the level design, puzzles but the overall heart of it. The art is beautiful, environments are beautiful. Controls can be awkward at time but playing with a controller might help.
  6. Nov 9, 2013
    A game that everyone should play. It's gaming at its finest. Gameplay and story intertwined to give one of the best gaming experiences ever without even saying a word.

A controller is highly recommended.
  7. Jan 17, 2014
    One of the most moving and atmospherical games I ever played. The completely new game mechanics is another achievement which puts this game on a level above a lot of other games and lets it win a spot in my heart forever. Buy!
  8. Oct 8, 2013
    So much unreal hype in these reviews. I was glad to have read them before playing, as I was braced for how bad it must be. I was first struck by how dated the Unreal engine is. They did very well with what they had, but you can only dress up fake 3D with low-res 200x graphics so much. For a while, I thought my PC either turned into a Wii, or I was playing a World of Warcraft mod. TheSo much unreal hype in these reviews. I was glad to have read them before playing, as I was braced for how bad it must be. I was first struck by how dated the Unreal engine is. They did very well with what they had, but you can only dress up fake 3D with low-res 200x graphics so much. For a while, I thought my PC either turned into a Wii, or I was playing a World of Warcraft mod. The story's tone is flat-out bipolar, rapidly switching from suicide to whimsical hang-gliding within the span of a few minutes. The characters are shallow, cliche, and poorly set-up, like the character designers spent all their time in the office playing ping pong, with NPCs' most memorable interaction with the player being the direction they point. Most puzzles are offensively obvious, while the few others rely on moon logic. The main character is simply unlikable (along with almost every other NPC you "interact" with), a bother to society and a burden on anyone unfortunate enough to interact with him. He has absurd fears which slow the game down, much to the users' frustration. "Bosses" all seem ripped from other games, whether an invisible monster drawing an eye-roll, or the stupid lug who indirectly kills himself by running into walls. The controls are ridiculously confusing and frustrating without a gamepad, trying to move multiple characters at once it clearly wasn't ported properly.

Then, just before the end of the game, 505 suddenly reveals it was all intentional. Every frustration I felt, all the shortcomings I thought the game had, suddenly make sense as storytelling mechanics. My defenses were down as I realized what an idiot I am, and then they go right for the heart with the most powerful emotional experience I've ever had in gaming. Absolutely unforgettable.
  9. Jan 5, 2014
    Artistic masterpiece. Some may not like the game being "easy"... but, it's an incredible ride. Most fun I've had in a videogame in a long time. I found myself seeking cliches and game mechanics of other games... and gladly I wasn't satiated. This is a very unique experience, and the art direction, atmosphere... all of it. Wow! I'd love to play a sequel. Also, the voice acting (although aArtistic masterpiece. Some may not like the game being "easy"... but, it's an incredible ride. Most fun I've had in a videogame in a long time. I found myself seeking cliches and game mechanics of other games... and gladly I wasn't satiated. This is a very unique experience, and the art direction, atmosphere... all of it. Wow! I'd love to play a sequel. Also, the voice acting (although a different language) and music is very well done. Expand
  10. Nov 4, 2013
    What a wonderful experience this game was. The concept and controls worked perfectly (used a controller) and the game was perfectly paced, never boring, never tedious. I'm usually not the most patient gamer and rarely take the time to do things in a game that doesn't give me any tangible game-rewards. Here I played a lot more with the surroundings becoming genuinely interested in the twoWhat a wonderful experience this game was. The concept and controls worked perfectly (used a controller) and the game was perfectly paced, never boring, never tedious. I'm usually not the most patient gamer and rarely take the time to do things in a game that doesn't give me any tangible game-rewards. Here I played a lot more with the surroundings becoming genuinely interested in the two brothers and the world they could interact with. I even checked out the achievement list after finishing the first time to find new fun and pointless things to do. That's a first for this veteran gamer.

I also started playing this game a second time, now with my 3 year old daughter. Granted, some of the scenes were a little bit scary for her but I have never seen her so engaged in any game before. The way the game doesn't rely on understanding the made up language makes it very easy to follow the story for children. She tried controlling a bit when she wanted to and passed the controls to me quite often to progress.

One of my best purchases ever.

I got a wired controlled quite recently to check out State of Decay and I think that affected the experience quite a bit. This is the first time (perhaps except for Tekken and the likes) that I have found a console controller to be essential for the experience so strongly recommend you get one hooked up to your PC.
  11. Feb 19, 2014
    This game is amazing. The gameplay is groundbreaking, fluid and challenging at the same time. The puzzles are somewhat simple but fun to solve, and the storyline manages to be simply beautiful.

Touching, inspiring & innovator, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is one of the best games I've played so far.

(About 4 hours gameplay + 1 hour cutscene films & about U$10-15)
  12. Oct 29, 2013
    Simply amazing.... an absolute blast to play from start to finish. Other reviews here already mention that the game is "fresh and new" but I have to repeat that as well because it's true.... this is a very unique gaming experience that everyone should get the chance to play.
  13. Jan 14, 2014
    This is a technically excellent platformer with very clever, fluid and engaging gameplay. But that would make for a decent game. The reason why this game is a masterpiece is how powerful the story is and how the story works with the gameplay. Very quickly you start to feel like these characters are a literal part of you. The game's story moved me like none other, in any medium. A mustThis is a technically excellent platformer with very clever, fluid and engaging gameplay. But that would make for a decent game. The reason why this game is a masterpiece is how powerful the story is and how the story works with the gameplay. Very quickly you start to feel like these characters are a literal part of you. The game's story moved me like none other, in any medium. A must play. A game you will never forget. Expand
  14. Dec 10, 2013
    Got my attention after seeing the trailer and I have to admit it, it was much better than expected. The stunnig art direction makes the enviroment so jaw dropping that you will be wondering how a low budget game could have done it. The pace of the game is so well implemented that you could go through the entire game at the first try, wishing the 2-3 hours spent could have lasted for aGot my attention after seeing the trailer and I have to admit it, it was much better than expected. The stunnig art direction makes the enviroment so jaw dropping that you will be wondering how a low budget game could have done it. The pace of the game is so well implemented that you could go through the entire game at the first try, wishing the 2-3 hours spent could have lasted for a milenium. And ohh the gameplay, controling the two brothers was a very interesting and inovative experience. also the way you solved those simple but very rewarding puzzles with them was awesome! The narrative apparently was based on norse mythology and the director, Josef Fares as a swedish film director, couldnt be a better choice. The story gets very emotional during their quest to save their father, confrontantig many things on their way, and at the end you will be touched! Get this awe inspiring video game, because I freaking doubt that you will dislike! Expand
  15. Oct 30, 2013
    Easily one of the most beautiful and innovative games I've ever played!
    A fantasy adventure like none I've played before with stunning visuals and a fantastic sound track.

You have to play that.
  16. Aug 7, 2014
    This is a truly Powerful Adventure Story Driven Game. It is a Masterpiece it deeply affected me Art Style is Gorgeous, The Narrative is Powerful, and the Gameplay is Unique. If you haven't played this your doing yourself an INJUSTICE I hope they make sequel to continue the Story I want more of this and I wish we had more games like this.
  17. Dec 30, 2014
    A journey that captures the heart and soul. It's difficult to put it into words but everything about this is just wonderful. The simplicity in everything is overwhelming and combining it with the graphics and story-- it's just magical. To some extent, this reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus--- maybe its because it tells so much without a single understandable word. As a fan of tragedy,A journey that captures the heart and soul. It's difficult to put it into words but everything about this is just wonderful. The simplicity in everything is overwhelming and combining it with the graphics and story-- it's just magical. To some extent, this reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus--- maybe its because it tells so much without a single understandable word. As a fan of tragedy, this game appeals to me, but as a human being who loves games, it just captures me. Undoubtedly one of the greatest games ever. Expand
  18. Oct 10, 2013
    a little hidden gem in the world of videogames, a title that can be considered a true artwork, a masterpiece that can thrill you from start to finish. A plot that can keep you glued to the game for the duration of the story, although this is quite short, but given the quality of the game this is the only fault I could find...
  19. Jan 20, 2014
    OMG!!!! We (my two granddaughters and I) just got finished playing this game and I have been crying for the past 20 minutes!!! I had to write to a review about this. It is one of the best, if not THE best games, I have ever played!!! I don't even know where to begin. It was heartbreaking, beautiful, suspenseful, challenging, and uplifting all rolled into one. My grandkids (ages 6 andOMG!!!! We (my two granddaughters and I) just got finished playing this game and I have been crying for the past 20 minutes!!! I had to write to a review about this. It is one of the best, if not THE best games, I have ever played!!! I don't even know where to begin. It was heartbreaking, beautiful, suspenseful, challenging, and uplifting all rolled into one. My grandkids (ages 6 and 9) were screaming out loud on some parts they were so scared but then when we made it through a challenge we were all screaming for joy!! We played from around 11 am through 8 pm and just could not stop playing until we had finished it!! One used a controller and the other was on keyboard (big sister/little sister just like the brothers). It was just a fantastic family experience!! We'll probably start a new game when they come back over again we had so much fun. Many kudos 505 Games!!! Expand
  20. Oct 22, 2013
    For such a short indie game this a very good game and experience and a must buy for a Steam sale. The only con is of course its length as the game is very short but maybe with its great success it will be expanded upon.
  21. ndr
    Oct 6, 2013
    This is one of the best games I ever played. The story is incredible, the mechanics are so easy to learn but sometimes tricky to master. Graphics and music is awesome!

Truly amazing!
  22. Sep 28, 2013
    I sure would like to shake the hand of the person who made this game! Well done.. It does so well when your playing both brothers at once and in fact it really puts the game at hard to work. Games that allow you to play as just one character or one character at a time already have enough of a hard time but playing 2 at once is something much different for the player(s) and the game'sI sure would like to shake the hand of the person who made this game! Well done.. It does so well when your playing both brothers at once and in fact it really puts the game at hard to work. Games that allow you to play as just one character or one character at a time already have enough of a hard time but playing 2 at once is something much different for the player(s) and the game's physics.

I have made it atleast 2 hours into the game now and i don't see anything too tough to accomplish.. Every objective seems easy enough to complete within just few minutes of thinking time (or maybe none needed at all)

The adventuring is spectacular. Very good looking.

The way you help each other out is just so touching and breathe taking that it will put a smile on anyone's face. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about what's beyond the next turn. Great job!
  23. Nov 4, 2013
    I am not known for being emotional but i have to say.. one of the great games of this century. lets look at it.. graphics are nice, but not massive AAA quality.. storyline is objectively seen not bad, but certainly seen better thought out stories, its quite a short game and the replayability is close to 0.. still.. its the best game ive ever played. At start you may not know why but afterI am not known for being emotional but i have to say.. one of the great games of this century. lets look at it.. graphics are nice, but not massive AAA quality.. storyline is objectively seen not bad, but certainly seen better thought out stories, its quite a short game and the replayability is close to 0.. still.. its the best game ive ever played. At start you may not know why but after a while you get sucked into the story.. you will experience smiling, light feelings and rumbling emotions in your head.. you will also experience sadness, falls and confused moments... and without spoiling anything.. if you dont cry at last part of the game.. you are not human. Many people of which alot grown man have admitted to have tears either on theur face or welling up in their eyes. This game makes you go through alot of emotions and feelings.. and though you will not notice it immediatly while playing.. at the end everything will come lose and you will look back t the game and hope that all games will give you a feeling like that. Expand
  24. Feb 18, 2014
    This game is fantastic. Touching story and you never want to stop playing. You want to do all you can to make sure the brothers complete their goal. Great setting and game play. One of the best games I have played in a while.
  25. Oct 4, 2013
    This is the most unique game I have ever played, I would say the best game as well and I have been playing quite hardcore the past decade. The environment is amazing and the camera work also, things rarely repeat itself as they tend to do in many other games, and the emotional roller-coaster this game delivers is outstanding, I have never EVER cried to a video-game before, and veryThis is the most unique game I have ever played, I would say the best game as well and I have been playing quite hardcore the past decade. The environment is amazing and the camera work also, things rarely repeat itself as they tend to do in many other games, and the emotional roller-coaster this game delivers is outstanding, I have never EVER cried to a video-game before, and very rarely to movies. But I burst out in tears like a little girl, wow just wow. I'm blown away from this game.

Best 12€ I ever spent on a video game, top class Starbreeze, top class!
  26. Sep 24, 2013
    one of the best games of this year set in a fantasy world from the beginning it socked me into its world with its outstanding visuals amazing music and fantastic storyline support the developers and get this game it's definitely one of the best games of this year
  27. Oct 5, 2013
    This game is amazing! Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons touch my heart.Great controller and combination, suberb art-style and amazing soundtrack.I love it.Best adventure-puzzle game of 2013.must play.
  28. Oct 11, 2013
    It's short. It's simple. It's cruel, It's yet very emotionally touching. And very beautiful visually. Concentrated mixture of everything that can touch a human soul.
  29. Sep 10, 2013
    This game is awesome. It's well made, there are a lot of cool puzzles for two characters, picture and environment changes often, so you will never get boring. And YES, you must control two characters simultaneously. That's not the greatest part of this game, but there are no other options for such gameplay. Unlike platformers like Lara Croft tGoL some of local puzzles are so bind toThis game is awesome. It's well made, there are a lot of cool puzzles for two characters, picture and environment changes often, so you will never get boring. And YES, you must control two characters simultaneously. That's not the greatest part of this game, but there are no other options for such gameplay. Unlike platformers like Lara Croft tGoL some of local puzzles are so bind to exactly two characters, so you can't understand how you never before had a game with such a great things. My god, I love this game. Suddenly this is one of the best games in this year. Expand
  30. Sep 13, 2013
    Game perfect at all cases. Visual, gameplay, story, interesting along a whole game, perfect ending, not too long, without serious bugs. I think this game "must play" for all gamers, especially if you have a brother or sister game will be much more sensual and sentimental (I was near crying at the end).
    For the last ten or more years computer game has awakened sentimental feelings in me!
  31. Nov 14, 2013
    Fragile and memorable, original and Perfect. Could I imagine that the game can make a striking impression? Of course not. After so many games you stop wondering. But the game turned my ideas about the games. The beauty of landscapes and the sounds of music and characters, gameplay and puzzles. In this game, everything is perfect. This game is the real fairy tale.
  32. Dec 16, 2013
    I think this is the best thing that has ever happened to me since playing Sanitarium. I promise you that you will drown in an ocean of feels after playing this. That masterpiece made me cry like a little baby with it's brilliant story-telling and character development. Bravo.
  33. Sep 19, 2014
    This game is superb for what it is designed to be - an interactive adventure story. It is not too challenging, and not very long, but it is a beautiful piece of art and has a very unique feel. Very pleased with the experience overall.
  34. Feb 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Прекрасная небольшая (часа на 3-4), не сложная, не детская сказка о двух братьях без диалогов, зато с удивительно разнообразным, трогающим за душу миром и оригинальным управлением, которого вы ещё не встречали (требуется джойстик). Графика выглядит устаревшей (Unreal engine), но панорамный вид спасает дело; музыка выше всяческих похвал.

Похожие игры (Ico, Journey) выходили раньше только на приставках. На этот раз производитель подумал и о нас, горячо рекомендую.
  35. Apr 5, 2014
    All I will say about this game is, play it on your own in one sitting (2-3 hours). Stick with it, let yourself become immersed in the world. Enjoy it and see it through to the end.

I feel sorry for the reviewers on here who did not grasp the significance of the ending. Most will, however, and (although I won't spoil anything) I will say that no game I have ever played in over 20 years has had such an emotional effect on me. You have to experience it for yourself to understand.
  36. Jan 15, 2014
    Beautiful game. Rethinking of the controller and medium-skilled puzzles keep the game moving along at the pace the developer wants you to progress. Fun interactions with double joystick control, music, puzzles, and gripping storyline makes this my top 5 of 2013.
  37. Sep 3, 2013
    Great storyline, it speaks to me like no other game I've played so far. Really connects the player to the game and makes you feel something special all thru every second of it! Love
  38. Jan 1, 2014
    This whole game is a masterpiece and one of the best pc titles ever. The touching story and the spiritual company of the older brother at the end was a unique experience. Gameplay was really innovative and the scenery looked flawless. The atmosphere puts you in the mood and the soundtrack is solid. It was the only title beside The Last Of Us that brought me to tears.
  39. Sep 8, 2013
    Brothers almost the only modern game that can pass without getting any achievements. There is no open world, side quests, leveling characters, gathering equipment and weapons, difficulty levels and other things that we used to see in other current-gen titles. In this case, A Tale of Two Sons an interactive story in the best sense of the word. The story that will not give away from theBrothers almost the only modern game that can pass without getting any achievements. There is no open world, side quests, leveling characters, gathering equipment and weapons, difficulty levels and other things that we used to see in other current-gen titles. In this case, A Tale of Two Sons an interactive story in the best sense of the word. The story that will not give away from the game until the screen will not run the final credits. Expand
  40. Nov 1, 2013
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is one of those rare gems that is incredibly cheap, very short, yet manages to be one of the best games I've played in my entire life. You'll hit every emotion at full force playing through this thing and it's a fantastic experience that I would recommend to anyone with a working PC.

The 3 hours it took to finish this game hit harder and were more effective

The 3 hours it took to finish this game hit harder and were more effective than any 10+ hour game I've ever played (with The Walking Dead being the closest)

10/10 Easy...one of the best games I've ever played.
  41. Sep 10, 2013
    I can happily call this game my game of the year. This is mainly down to the games ability to tell a story without using a single word of English. During game play you will feel a whole range of emotions from anger, sadness all the way to happiness and excitement. This game in my eyes is a 10 out of 10 no questions. Anyone who has a PC, Xbox 360 or PS3 should definitely play this game.
  42. Sep 14, 2013
    One of the best games i bought for the PC. Its worth every penny. This game is really adventurous. I love the graphics. The storyline is extravaganza. It creates love between me and this game. Its a must try for all PC gamers who love playing adventure games.
  43. Sep 22, 2013
    Simply, one of the best games I've played in my life and one which I'll be playing in the incoming years. It's beautiful, it's charming, it's funny, it's sad and it's an adventure. I would love to continue playing with the brothers in this fantastic world at least once more. I don't think it'll be a second part, but if it happens it'll be a first day buy for me.
  44. Sep 25, 2013
    1 2 братьев.
    Уверяю 300 игры.

Более сайте.

Так
  45. Oct 10, 2013
    Although someone might find the length of this game to be too short to pay about 14 i would still believe this is a game that is definitely worth it. When you compare it to what it would cost you to buy a movie which might last half the time you'll spend on this game it isn't really that expensive.
    The story, the soundtrack, the art and the puzzles will give you an unforgettable experience.
    -The puzzles aren't all that challenging, but they are still very entertaining and innovative. I feel this is a good choice since hard and frustrating puzzles would make it harder to enjoy the story and the world that surrounds you.
  46. Jan 14, 2014
    Simply amazing you have to try it. It's not even a game anymore it's a great experience, reminds me little bit of a Journey, but I think it's even better. I strongly recommend this game to anyone looking for a unique experience.
  47. Oct 16, 2013
    Wow, ‘Brothers’ is seriously on the best best games in the history of gaming. It’s a ‘Grim Fandango’, a ‘The Longest Journey’, a ‘Deus Ex 1’. A game that has made gameplay progress, while offering a great execution at the same time. A 10/10 without hesitation, even if it weren’t as perfectly executed and even if the length is not spectacular.
  48. Oct 23, 2013
    First review for a game i have ever written and that is because this game is amazing
    i finished it in one sitting and i have to say even though it is a short game it is still one of the best i have ever played
    the gameplay is brilliant and the story is heart-wrenching
    its such a beutifull game when i first played it i had no idea how grim it would get later on yet it still retained its beuty
  49. Oct 24, 2013
    One of the best stories I've played all year. The game has a way of pulling you in and making accomplishments feel earned. The game mechanics are easy and unique with a controller and help seperate the fact that you're playing as two different characters. The graphics are stunning and the camera positions itself perfectly to capture the depth of the scenery and this helps strengthen theOne of the best stories I've played all year. The game has a way of pulling you in and making accomplishments feel earned. The game mechanics are easy and unique with a controller and help seperate the fact that you're playing as two different characters. The graphics are stunning and the camera positions itself perfectly to capture the depth of the scenery and this helps strengthen the story immensely. For a game that has hardly any dialogue I have never felt a richer story. An Absolute recommend Expand
  50. Nov 17, 2013
    This is a game that lives up to its scores and then some. It has to be experienced, 'nuff said. To add one other thing, however, this was the first game in quite a while that truly stopped me in my tracks, pulled me in directions and left me speechless; reliving my adventures and the memories of beloved characters, the game resonated long following its conclusion.
  51. Oct 31, 2013
    One of the most memorable and enjoyable game I've played in years. A great combination of controller innovation, dialogue-less story line, and characters that you actually care about.
  52. Nov 1, 2013
    Whoever thinks this game is boring/uninteresting, you have no taste. The plot was well paced, the ending great. The puzzles interesting, though could have been a bit more difficult. The gameplay itself is something i have personally never seen before, and i found it quite fun. The storytelling was fantastic. They managed to tell the story without any text or language, something onlyWhoever thinks this game is boring/uninteresting, you have no taste. The plot was well paced, the ending great. The puzzles interesting, though could have been a bit more difficult. The gameplay itself is something i have personally never seen before, and i found it quite fun. The storytelling was fantastic. They managed to tell the story without any text or language, something only legendary games seem to do (f.ex Journey). The ending gave me so many feels it left me crying like a little girl.The soundtrack is brilliant, the graphics and style great. Really, the only downside is its length, however it would get boring really quickly if it lasted more than 5 hours. Nonetheless, this is without a doubt the best game i have ever played. I would love to see more from the devs. Expand
  53. Nov 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Cool. One of the best games of this year set in a fantasy world from the beginning it socked me into its world with its outstanding visuals amazing music and fantastic storyline support the developers and get this game it's definitely one of the best games of this year Expand
  54. Nov 29, 2013
    One of the better games I played in the last couple of years, I understand that this is an indie game, not sure how, but it is well make almost no bugs, (I restarted the game and it works fine) the soundtrack is amazing, the game plays is fun cool and unique, the story is emotional and cool, this is like taking the Lego games to a new barriers,
    Loved it, and it took me only 5 hours to
    Loved it, and it took me only 5 hours to finish, (and I'm playing very slowly)
  55. Nov 10, 2013
    Long time did not play a game so interesting. One of the best games I've played. Exciting, engaging, control characters fantastic. I recommend to those who really like adventure games.
    I am very demanding games, and this game has exceeded all my expectations.
    Português-Portuguese Faz muito tempo que não jogo um jogo tão interessante. Um dos melhores jogos que joguei. Empolgante,
    I am very demanding games, and this game has exceeded all my expectations.

Português-Portuguese
    Faz muito tempo que não jogo um jogo tão interessante. Um dos melhores jogos que joguei. Empolgante, envolvente, controle de personagens fantástico. Recomendo a quem realmente gosta de jogos de aventura.
    Eu sou muito exigente para jogos, e esse jogo superou todas as minhas expectativas.
  56. Nov 10, 2013
    So....I'm here on Metacritic for the very first time and I'm writing a review because this game deserves it. It really does. I'm going to be quick, this clearly isn't a triple A game, it's something more. The particular thing here is how the gamer became the bond between the two brothers, not merely the one who moves them. Because of this, the connection between the game and the person whoSo....I'm here on Metacritic for the very first time and I'm writing a review because this game deserves it. It really does. I'm going to be quick, this clearly isn't a triple A game, it's something more. The particular thing here is how the gamer became the bond between the two brothers, not merely the one who moves them. Because of this, the connection between the game and the person who plays it became strong, really strong. And at last, well...this connection will be the cause of your ultimate depression.
    This game is something beautiful that will break your heart in many little pieces, but this is how real life is too: you will experience sorrow and joy with the two brothers in a way that isn't common today with videogames.

Definitely worth buying,
  57. Nov 13, 2013
    This is one of the most beautiful masterpieces ever created. The way you control each of the Brothers and how you solve puzzles had me glued for every hour. The side"quests" like saving the Baby Turtles that most people would miss really made me feel like the developers really wanted you to stop an view every small detail at every corner to see if there was some small "Quest" or cut-sceneThis is one of the most beautiful masterpieces ever created. The way you control each of the Brothers and how you solve puzzles had me glued for every hour. The side"quests" like saving the Baby Turtles that most people would miss really made me feel like the developers really wanted you to stop an view every small detail at every corner to see if there was some small "Quest" or cut-scene to view. I highly recommend this game. Expand
  58. Nov 26, 2013
    I am an old school gamer and I have pretty much seen it all and am pretty much bored with 90% of the games out there.
    Most games of these days simply don't have it and I was absolutely amazed with this game.
    This game is something new and refreshing and brings story telling and gaming experience to the next level. The music the story the execution is simply perfect. To everyone who
    To everyone who worked on creating this game, /bow and thank you so much for this beautiful game.
  59. Nov 16, 2013
    Wow. Most beautiful game ever played. Ingenious scandinavian team.
    And really trains you in logical thinking & motoric skill.
    Greets from germany.....
  60. Jan 7, 2014
    Brothers may not be as cool, complex, thrilling and long as the Bioshock or the Arkham games (personal favourites of mine) but it is still a perfect game that everyone should at least try once in their lives. The reason I find it a perfect game is because unlike almost all games, there is no way to recreate this as a film and feel the same emotions. By controlling the two brothers at allBrothers may not be as cool, complex, thrilling and long as the Bioshock or the Arkham games (personal favourites of mine) but it is still a perfect game that everyone should at least try once in their lives. The reason I find it a perfect game is because unlike almost all games, there is no way to recreate this as a film and feel the same emotions. By controlling the two brothers at all times, the player is made more aware of his interaction with the characters and what happens on screen. It also forces the player to build new muscle memory which comes into play within the game’s narrative at the very end. That this game succeeds at merging this new gameplay mechanic with its narrative flawlessly is the reason I deem this game perfect. It attempts one thing, just one, but it perfects it. Definitely an example of quality over quantity, considering the very short length. I do not mind the short length though, since it makes it feasible to play the game in one sitting, giving the player a full arc with its controls, mirroring the character arc of the younger brother.
    The game also happens to be beautiful and smooth. Someone watching you play could easily believe this is an animated film. All the elements on the screen blend together perfectly and you truly feel you are commanding an epic yet personal journey as it unfolds before your eyes. There is no combat, only some simple puzzles, but the game does not want to overload the player with more difficulty due to the fact that growing comfortable with the controls is the main difficulty in this game. This gives the game a nice momentum and pace, never giving you a reason to set the controller down. Of all the games out there, I believe this is the one which truly shows the potential of this medium as an artform and that is the reason I would give this game a 10.
  61. Nov 23, 2013
    This will be the first review I've ever written. I thought this game deserved to be written about and recommended by everyone who played it.

This is an adventure game that takes you on an adventure only the very best games ever did before. I couldn't get over the mesmerizing feel this game gave me while progressing through the adventure. It was not a hard game at all but because of that the pacing felt perfect. The art direction they have taken is perfect. This is an adventure you must have experienced once in your life.
  62. Nov 25, 2013
    Brothers a tale of two son um jogo que te ganha pela historia, um gameplay diferente, o unico ponto negativo, o tamanho do jogo que poderia ser maior, mas talvez tenha sido melhor assim.
    um final fantástico.
  63. gic
    Mar 26, 2014
    This interactive journey featuring touching story is an absolute piece of art that you would not want to miss. Breathtaking environment is backed up by a truly memorable music.
  64. Dec 5, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played. One of the best ways to _experience_ a story. I was almost crying... Thank you, Starbreeze!

This game is above any ratings.
  65. Dec 14, 2013
    I've been playing games for almost 30 years, all the way back to the Atari days, and this very near if not at the top of the heap. I've never played a game like this one. I know some people have criticized it for being more of a story or a movie than a game, but the fact is that what makes it so extraordinary is how important interactivity is to transmitting emotion to the player. I reallyI've been playing games for almost 30 years, all the way back to the Atari days, and this very near if not at the top of the heap. I've never played a game like this one. I know some people have criticized it for being more of a story or a movie than a game, but the fact is that what makes it so extraordinary is how important interactivity is to transmitting emotion to the player. I really can't explain more without spoiling it. Let's just say this is the first time I wept while holding a controller. After so much mindless FPS, I was losing faith in gaming as an art form. "Brothers" has rekindled my faith and I hope it will inspire more interactive storytelling. Expand
  66. Dec 22, 2013
    The most beautiful and emotional game I've played in years. The graphics and sound are perfect. The control system makes you think but is rewarding at the same time. The real star of the product is the story though. I completed it in 2 nights (about 4 hours) and that was enough. It's a talent to know when to end a good thing.
  67. Dec 27, 2013
    I don't get the fuss over stories and video games: a good game really doesn't need much of a story: what were the stories for Tetris, Space Invaders, Pac Man? A good setting yes, but a story: that's what games have when they lack gameplay. If I want a good story, I read a book. I play games for fun. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, is altogether something else. This is a story told, not inI don't get the fuss over stories and video games: a good game really doesn't need much of a story: what were the stories for Tetris, Space Invaders, Pac Man? A good setting yes, but a story: that's what games have when they lack gameplay. If I want a good story, I read a book. I play games for fun. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, is altogether something else. This is a story told, not in spite of, or as a backdrop to, but through gameplay. The gameplay is simple but fun and rewarding; the story is straightforward, albeit dark and tragic; however, the sense of engagement derived from your involvement in the story through the gameplay renders this story deeply affecting and, ultimately, devastating. This is a genuinely brilliant game, the most original thing I have played in years and beautifully executed. Well done 505 games. Expand
  68. Dec 30, 2013
    One of the most satisfying experiences in a game I have had in a long time. In essence it's a puzzle game with two independently controlled characters who go on a quest. Simple set up. Simple controls. But what you get is something special. The interaction of the characters with the world, NPCs and each other is subtle but powerful. A very enjoyable experience. Keep in mind it's quiteOne of the most satisfying experiences in a game I have had in a long time. In essence it's a puzzle game with two independently controlled characters who go on a quest. Simple set up. Simple controls. But what you get is something special. The interaction of the characters with the world, NPCs and each other is subtle but powerful. A very enjoyable experience. Keep in mind it's quite short by most standards but that shouldn't put you off from trying it. Expand
  69. Jan 14, 2014
    Знаю, что игра рассчитана на управление одним человеком, но мы с сыном проходили двоем, это конечно облегчало процесс игры, но как мы прониклись общим делом, постоянная взаимовыручка. Я думаю не будет спойлером сказать, что в конце игры мы были оба в слезах и сын еще долго философствовал на тему игры.Знаю, что игра рассчитана на управление одним человеком, но мы с сыном проходили двоем, это конечно облегчало процесс игры, но как мы прониклись общим делом, постоянная взаимовыручка. Я думаю не будет спойлером сказать, что в конце игры мы были оба в слезах и сын еще долго философствовал на тему игры.
  70. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece. Not only does this game have very clever co-op puzzles, but the seemingly simple story can be comprehended so many different ways to make the story thick, engaging, and emotional. The way the younger brother uses his own skill to do things that the brother could only do, it teaches how to not rely on others so much, you have skill. It teaches you that life canThis game is a masterpiece. Not only does this game have very clever co-op puzzles, but the seemingly simple story can be comprehended so many different ways to make the story thick, engaging, and emotional. The way the younger brother uses his own skill to do things that the brother could only do, it teaches how to not rely on others so much, you have skill. It teaches you that life can be hard, but it's up to you to stand back up, and grow, and make that never changing scar seem smaller. It teaches you the theme of brotherhood and teamwork. It can mean so much, without using a single word of English. Expand
  71. Jan 4, 2014
    This game is just amazing. It reminds me of Journey, and yet, it surpasses Journey in term of game play and story. And you just keep getting fascinated from the beginning to the end.
  72. Jan 7, 2014
    Awesome game.. Great job developer.. I have played many games in my life from d past 15 yrs of my life, but never came across this fascinating & fantastic game.. One of d best game d legend has to offer which can be played by anybody; no age restriction at all.. Sleekingly amazing graphics. Worth buying & playing.. Worth every penny.. This is d first game where u get to control both dAwesome game.. Great job developer.. I have played many games in my life from d past 15 yrs of my life, but never came across this fascinating & fantastic game.. One of d best game d legend has to offer which can be played by anybody; no age restriction at all.. Sleekingly amazing graphics. Worth buying & playing.. Worth every penny.. This is d first game where u get to control both d brothers witch is actually quite difficult & proves quite a challenge.. I never reviewed any game so far.. But after playing this game I couldn't resist myself from giving this review.. I recommend & insist everyone should play this beautiful game.. The best adventurous game launched so far.. The game really connects the gamer to the storyline of the game..
    A unique experience of controlling both the brothers-A true gem..
    The game is a gem-worth playing..
    Beautiful game--gorgeous, eye-stunning graphics..
    A classic adventurous game..
  73. Jan 10, 2014
    I registered on metacritic to write a review for this game. This is the best game I have ever played. I am stunned by the beauty of the game. The graphics are excellent, game-play is innovative and the story is exceptional. The only problem I had was with the camera angles. Nevertheless, a game that one has to play in his life.
  74. Jan 11, 2014
    Simply: You have to play this game. It's a masterpiece. So unique, so beautiful. The gameplay is so fun and new, you control two people at the same time, I have never played a game with this style of gameplay before. The story though is what makes it so beautiful. I can't stress enough how good this game was. No wonder it has such a high user score.
    Also you don't need controllers to play
    Also you don't need controllers to play it on PC, you just need to chance the right character controls to use something else other than Right-Ctrl. I played it on PC without a controller completely fine.
  75. Jan 11, 2014
    So glad I brought this, aside from being a little sort this game is perfect. I have blonde hair and have an older brother with brown hair so immediately i felt connected to the brothers. Gameplay is very fun, essentially a single player co-op adventure taking the two brothers on an epic and memorable adventure . Story is brilliant as well, this and the Walking Dead Game are the only twoSo glad I brought this, aside from being a little sort this game is perfect. I have blonde hair and have an older brother with brown hair so immediately i felt connected to the brothers. Gameplay is very fun, essentially a single player co-op adventure taking the two brothers on an epic and memorable adventure . Story is brilliant as well, this and the Walking Dead Game are the only two games that have got me teary-eyed. Expand
  76. Jan 23, 2014
    This is one of the most amazing games I've ever played. At first, I thought it was like Journey, and it feels like it. But with a twist. To control 2 characters at the same time, with puzzles that require your motion awareness, sense of direction and at the same time your sight to see the little things in a gorgeous world. Sometimes the game felt a little bit easy, but that's because itThis is one of the most amazing games I've ever played. At first, I thought it was like Journey, and it feels like it. But with a twist. To control 2 characters at the same time, with puzzles that require your motion awareness, sense of direction and at the same time your sight to see the little things in a gorgeous world. Sometimes the game felt a little bit easy, but that's because it holds you into a "never-talk" story, tiny details and comprehension that this journey to save your father is a journey to save this world too. It's not because it's short or "indie" that I should give less than 10. This game feels like a classic. And it made me cry. Expand
  77. Jan 27, 2014
    Easily a 10/10, the game was just superb. Even though there is no understandable langue in the game the story that is told is amazing. The game is beautiful, the gameplay is original and the puzzles are different. The game is a must buy and was definitely my favorite game of 2013.
  78. Feb 5, 2014
    A breath taking game. Even though there is no language you still can be connected with the story more than ever. Worst thing about the game is that it is short.
  79. Feb 15, 2014
    absolutlley amazing. my game of the year. great graphics,graet gameplay and decent storyline make this one a total winner for the best game of the year
  80. Feb 13, 2014
    Best Game Of 2013. Nevermind that, this is the best game of all time. Forget Half Life 2, forget Bioshock or forget GTA V. This game knows how to play with your emotions. Never once a game made me to wish if we could change a part of the game. Never once a piece of Media ever made me drop manly tears from my eyes. This game could do it. This is more than a game. This is a piece of art.
  81. Feb 17, 2014
    This game is one of the greatest i have played in my life, even tho i give 10 only because i have played it via using x-box pad, otherwise i would give 9/10, anyways graphics, story and game play is so great i'm still amazed.
  82. Feb 23, 2014
    This game is one of my favorite. I must say that it's a bit short, but it's not a bad things considering that it would probably get too much to bear in one gaming session, and this is where it's gets you to not lose your focus off the game. With a beautifully designed environment and well mixed sounds/musics, this games is able to make the player feel every emotions felt by the characters.This game is one of my favorite. I must say that it's a bit short, but it's not a bad things considering that it would probably get too much to bear in one gaming session, and this is where it's gets you to not lose your focus off the game. With a beautifully designed environment and well mixed sounds/musics, this games is able to make the player feel every emotions felt by the characters. There is no actual language nor subtitles in the game, but the emotions can do all the job of words. I really recommend this game to people who wants a relaxing yet mature experience in the gaming world. Expand
  83. Mar 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the first time I am writing a review for a game and am doing so out of the feeling that it is necessary after playing such a wonderful game. While there is virtually no challenge, you connect with the characters in this story in an amazing way only to leave you with a myriad of emotions at the end.
    As far as the people leaving negative reviews for it not being long enough, it wasn't a sixty dollar game. I got the game for five dollars and have seen it cheaper. Well worth the money, I'd buy it again and pay more.
  84. Mar 4, 2014
    Wow! I can't say how much I love this game. Every gamer has to experience this wonderful journey. The story is fantastic and so is the game-play. There is something very unique about this game which really touched me.
  85. Jun 1, 2014
    One of the best single player games i have ever played in my life, the setting art style characters the music it really get's you inn, cried at the end to, such a good game, i prey they make another one a sequel.
  86. Apr 6, 2014
    Fantastic Game. Deeply touching, interesting story with very good imagination! And it made me sad for the rest of the day after I have finished it, no game has ever done that to me before.
  87. Apr 12, 2014
    A wonderful fairy tale with a strong ending. A journey well scripted. Love, determination, struggle of the brothers amazingly expressed. One of the best games of the year.
  88. Jun 19, 2014
    One of the most moving games i have ever played. I became fully enthralled by the plight of the characters. Graphically beautiful, and, although only 3 hours long, fantastic story in my opinion.
  89. Jun 25, 2014
    This is the second time I give a 10/10 review, the other one was for GTA V, and this game is the total opposite of it.

I played this in local coop mode, each one being one of the brothers. You get carried away by the story, the beautiful landscape, the hidden gems. They do not speak, or at least you can't understand, but you still get the emotion, laughing and crying along with them.

The puzzles are not that hard, and you'll finish the game in 3 hours, but for the price, it is worth it.

Conclusion : A must-have for everybody, just relax and listen to their story !
  90. Jun 25, 2014
    Amazing story, unique game play! Picked this up for $2.99 at the Steam Summer Sale, I feel like I ripped the studio off for not paying more. I would have gladly paid the $14.99 asking price. This game is a emotional roller coaster taking you through the journey of these two brothers. Pick this up!
  91. Jun 26, 2014
    My vote for Game Of The Year.
    This is more fun than Titanfall!
    *Innovative Game-Play That The Industry Needs
    **Nicely Done, Starbreeze!
    -Very Well Delivered Story With Unique Gameplay-
  92. Jun 29, 2014
    Потрясающая игра, совсем не сложная, добрая сказка. Сыграйте, совершенно точно не пожалеете :)
  93. Jul 9, 2014
    One of the most intensive Story i've ever played! This Game has an awesome atmosphere and is just awesome to play. i played it for a Let's Play and i almost did it in 1 Part. Atmosphere 10/10! Only Bad Point: its definitly too short. it took me around 3,5h to finish it. Possible to do it faster.
    If you like the Style of Fable, if u are open for a heavy breathtaking Story, THIS GAME is MUST-HAVE for you. For everyone else its still i very good Game!
  94. Jul 17, 2014
    A superb indie game. It's a light puzzle game, and many of the puzzles are even optional - in discussions with friends, I've discovered that I fixed some problems that they did not. In fact, it's better to call it a "problem-fixing" adventure than a puzzle game, because this is a story about a journey of healing. It begins with the severe sickness of the father of the two protagonists, andA superb indie game. It's a light puzzle game, and many of the puzzles are even optional - in discussions with friends, I've discovered that I fixed some problems that they did not. In fact, it's better to call it a "problem-fixing" adventure than a puzzle game, because this is a story about a journey of healing. It begins with the severe sickness of the father of the two protagonists, and as they search for the rare medicinal plant that can cure him, they find more people in need of their help. It's a thing of beauty that works hard on your emotions, despite telling its story without the use of words. Expand
  95. Aug 9, 2014
    I just beat this game a couple of hours ago and man was it good! I see a lot of reviews that this game was too short but I thought it was just right. the story was excellent!! I feel like this game will resonate with me for a good while. excellent game!! 12/10
  96. Sep 22, 2014
    Obrigado jogos indies sempre me surpreendendo, Melhor jogo de PC de 2013 e Melhor jogo INDIE de 2013...........................................................
  97. Jan 28, 2015
    بازیش خیلی خیلی خیلی خوبه بازی با گیمپلی متنوع و لوکیشن های متنوع و محیط های جور باجور و گرافیکی دل نشین و داستانی جذاب به هم توصیه میکنم حتما بازیش کنید بازیش عالیست
  98. Jan 17, 2015
    Oh boy. Where can I start with this one.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is a small Adventure game based on two brothers, who after losing their mother, must go on a quest to retrieve something to help their sick father. A usually simple premise. However, the gameplay is unique in that it's co-op... with yourself. You control both brothers; with a controller, the analogue sticks and
    Oh boy. Where can I start with this one.

However, the gameplay is unique in that it's co-op... with yourself. You control both brothers; with a controller, the analogue sticks and triggers are dedicated to each brother, while if playing via keyboard, the WASD keys control one and the arrow keys control the other. There is very much a sense of trying to pat your head and rub your stomach at the same time, using these controls. At first, while travelling the world is relatively easy, you may struggle but soon you get used to it.

The world itself is beautiful to wander around. It looks like an oil painting come to life, with many inhabitants and objects available to interact with in both humerus and very moving ways. They breathe a certain kind of life in this game that only few games actually achieve. The landscapes become more and more epic as you progress. One certain area (and how you manoeuvre this area) left my mouth agape for it's entirety. You'll know which one this is.

Although it starts out almost child-like, the themes become very dark, quite quickly. You'll stumble across some helpless individuals, which require assistance. The story-telling of these, even though the dialogue is not a known language, can be an emotional experience.

And emotions run very high in this game. I completed this in one 3 hour setting (recommended), and 3 days later, it is still sitting with me. Towards the end, you might even find it hard to continue due to it's emotionally draining circumstances.

Definitely one of the best Indie games I've played.
  99. Mar 21, 2015
    El juego lo tiene todo, es precioso, emocionante y no deja de impresionarte. Un juego pequeño que te hace muy grande. Si puedes comprarlo hazlo, sino consiguelo pirata pero juégalo, no te decepcionara.
  100. Apr 1, 2015
    The game is absolutely magnificent, unique and engaging, like a fairytale but with more maturity, even the main characters being children. A satisfying ending, with a great story told. I love the game, the same day that I had downloaded, I had already finished the game.

1. Oct 31, 2013
    Brothers, unlike many recent indie hits, is very down to earth. It is not rife with intellectual puzzles like Braid, it is not as open to interpretations as Journey. It just makes you think about simple human values.
  2. Oct 24, 2013
    A gorgeous world, bursting with personality. Great storytelling makes up for the short length and unchallenging puzzles.
  3. Oct 11, 2013
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is a true marriage of gameplay and narrative, and it is frankly a complete triumph.