7.9

1. Mar 22, 2013
    This game is awesome. Great style, open world, epic music. 10 for being original and making me understand that there are still people there who respect and love metal.
  2. Apr 27, 2013
    Really awesome fun! Game play is about a 6 but the story, music and comedy make it so worth it! I haven't played a game this fun in a long time. Jack Black really made this character ROCK!
  3. Apr 30, 2013
    Absolutely brilliant game. Insanely good music, the world kicks ass and the combat is hectic. Literally the only downside is how poorly the Druid Plow steers. All praise to the Gods of Metal.
  4. Aug 7, 2013
    It has been a while since I do not play a game that has been so easy going, fun and funny. It reminds me very much of Heavy Metal F.A.K.K 2 released in 2000; carefree, upbeat, funny and easy to play. We need more games like this.
  5. Oct 7, 2013
    Great game. I was impressed with the art-style. The graphics level is not super high, but it is good, and creates the mood and theme very well, It has a really satisfying battle and driving system, and it has a lot of variation in it such as: the strategy portion where you are the commander of a portion of troops, racing, and a beat them up in a open, WELL POPULATED world. The world isGreat game. I was impressed with the art-style. The graphics level is not super high, but it is good, and creates the mood and theme very well, It has a really satisfying battle and driving system, and it has a lot of variation in it such as: the strategy portion where you are the commander of a portion of troops, racing, and a beat them up in a open, WELL POPULATED world. The world is huge, but I never felt that it was a chore driving around. Although there are a few negative comments I have, which are: The initial part of the game is on rails ,which was hard to push through, and there are a few minor graphical errors where there is visual clipping in few cutscenes, but none in the gameplay that caught my attention, and that the opponent in the races does not seem to be affected by crashing into it. Expand
  6. Jan 7, 2014
    It's a good luck for me that I played that game. Action and Strategy mixed out well and gives you a chance to meet with rock universe. If you like rock music and metal also can play games, play it, you'll not be disappointed.
  7. Feb 27, 2013
    This game is somewhat original and very fun. Good story, awesome sound and music. The pricing is also acceptable. The downside is its graphic engine it is not terribad, but still bad. The fun part is that i get around 50 fps with everything maxed 1080p with rather powerful hardware which is strange considering actual rendering quality
  8. Feb 27, 2013
    This game is amazing. The soundtrack, the amazing music and the gameplay is just so much fun.
    There are a few bugs and a few unfairly difficult missions, but apart from that, it's a solid 9. Brutally good!
  9. Mar 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had been waiting for this game to come out on PC since I heard about it on console and expected it to be awesome and I wasn't disappointed!! I'm a HUGE fan of metal and this game conceptualised the genre very successfully and the selection of tracks was awesome to listen to while playing. Having been a huge fan of games like Darksiders (1 and 2), GTA3 and Giants: Citizen Kobuto I picked this game up fairly easily and got straight into the action. I found the Hack n' Slash elements a bit like Darksiders, the driving a lot like GTA3 and the RTS element a lot like the RTS element in Giants, just without the top down view, but Eddie can fly very fast so this makes up for missing the top down view just fine.

I don't know why some people have given the graphics a poor review. I think the game had excellent graphics and the variety of environments matched the metal genre perfectly, especially the Black/Death/Doom side of things. The gameplay was incredibly intense and amazing amounts of FUN once I got used to it (Brutal Difficulty), especially during stage battles or hack 'n slash side missions and being able to do things like summon a Flaming Zeppelin using a guitar solo to kill enemies is beyond awesome.

The Deuce is heaps of fun to drive once you get used to it. I don't understand why people said it was hard to control. It handled very similarly to the way cars did in GTA3 and if you're one of those people who wants to find a game with crap car handling to complain about, play GTA4. The jumps were tons of fun and also reminded me a bit of GTA3, just more metal! The story was great and the legends were awesome! It progressed at a decent pace, even with doing all of the side missions and gathering all of the collectibles in the game. Some people said the game was short and it's true (like many sandbox games) if you IGNORE most of it! I sunk 40 hours into this and all of those were incredibly fun. The voice acting is great. They got the big names and even characterised most of them in the game. This is a huge plus! When I first got the game, there were a few bugs that needed to be ironed out before I could play it properly (such as key rebinding issues and some save issues) but I posted these things up on the Steam Community boards and the devs took our issues seriously and support was amazing. The game engine was also really good. Normally console ports perform horribly on PC but I turned all the bells and whistles on with this one and never had anything but smooth game play the entire time, even in massive battles. As for controls, normally console ports are horrible in this arena too but Double Fine has really worked hard on making sure us PC users get a great experience. I would most definitely recommend that anyone play this, especially if you're into metal and even if you're not you still really should because it's so awesome and I really can't give this less than a perfect 10!!!
  10. Feb 26, 2013
    Realy great game!!! Metal Forever!!!
  11. Feb 26, 2013
    Finally, a game that is suppose to be FUN above anything.
    Very good humor. Very good graphics, the atmosphere is amazing, world is excellent, characters are fun, pleasent to look at and listen.
    Destructable environment, AWSOME MUSIC.
    Whats not to like?
  12. Feb 26, 2013
    Awesome style, epic music, brutal gameplay! That game is perfect, and not laggin textures, not promblems with animation in cutscenes can't change my mind. Wery good, and orginal multiplayer. THIS! GAME! IS PERFECT!
  13. Mar 1, 2013
    Wonderful, delicious, awesome etc. licenced music with equally great soundtrack by Peter McConnell (just listen Raptor's Veld and Spirit of Bladehenge). Soundtrack features many genres, not just heavy metal gothic, black, fantasy, industrial (KMFDM, MM, Static-X for example) etc.
    Brilliant world (where else can you find a bass strings that were made from web of steel spiders?) and characters design. Graphics and visuals amazes me with many details and particles. Now it looks even better on PC with AO, AA and longer draw distance. Good and original sound, which consists of various guitar solos and noises, supplements a picture.

Probably the weakest point of the game is gameplay itself. I mean it's fun, but from creators of Psychonauts i expected something more original, then gta-style slasher, even with some strategic elements.

However i give this game 10/10, because i love Double Fine, i love Metal, and despite some minuses and several bugs, it's one of the best games that you simply can't miss.

They can't stop us, let them try. For heavy metal, we will die!
  14. Mar 12, 2013
    Amazing game! The gameplay in all its aspects hack & slash, drive, exploration platformer & strategy) mixed with the great plot and (of course) the music makes this game essential to play.
  15. Apr 10, 2013
    Amazing! Good game, perfect ound track! Multiplayer is awesome! Jack Black are very crazy and this game is one of the bests! If you like rock'n'roll you need to play this!
  16. Feb 27, 2013
    What they have done here is brought the platform game to the pc which in my opinion they should of done in the first place. if you love metal music you'll love this game and has jack black for comic relief.
  17. Mar 22, 2013
    Me want sequel now. awesome game, criminally underrated for its sheer awesomeness
  18. Mar 4, 2013
    Put simply, this is one of the finest games I've ever played. A solid third-person brawler with RTS and RPG elements, it tops off its winning formula with a killer soundtrack comprised of 70's metal and 80's hair band tunes that will be running through your head for hours after a play session. Look for cameos by major names in the music industry, including Ozzy as the Guardian of Metal!Put simply, this is one of the finest games I've ever played. A solid third-person brawler with RTS and RPG elements, it tops off its winning formula with a killer soundtrack comprised of 70's metal and 80's hair band tunes that will be running through your head for hours after a play session. Look for cameos by major names in the music industry, including Ozzy as the Guardian of Metal! Main character Eddie, a rodie-turned-messiah, is voiced by Jack Black and is one of the most likable protagonists in years. The only flaw (and this is based on the PC version) is a wealth of annoying bugs, but the developers are working tirelessly to squash them. Expand
  19. Feb 26, 2013
    Easily one of the best games ever. Awesome soundtrack of the best metal songs ever, awesome hack n slash gameplay with platformer and RTS elements, amazing voice actors ranging from Jack Black and Tim Curry to Ozzy Osbourne and Lemmy. There's absolutely no reason not to play this game.
  20. Mar 12, 2013
    The humor and music are just incredible, and the gameplay is a fun fusion of Action and RTS. I don't think any other game has left me with such a feeling of "HOLY COW THIS ROCKS".

The PC port is really well done. Performance is great, controls are great, plenty of options to make it fit your PC. And at full HD with antialiasing, it looks so much better than the console version. One

One thing you should know before playing: the game feels like a free-roaming sandbox at time, with side quests and exploration bonuses. Don't let that distract you; that side of the game isn't very rewarding. Just play the story and enjoy the heck out of it.
  21. Mar 5, 2013
    pure awesome and funny as hell, for every metal head its a must play.
    runs perfect on a pc and is playable with m&k and controller I use the Logitech f510.
  22. Mar 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is great! I want a sequel! And the best soundtracks I've heard in games in the past 5 years!!
    Many thanks for the PC version of the game! You are the best!
  23. Sep 14, 2013
    If you have a single humorous gene in your body you will love this game, great fun, great soundtrack, great art. Loads of variety all packaged together with loads of style, humour and general cleverness
  24. Jul 21, 2013
    If you don't look at this game as a serious action game you will love it. The classic rock audio really sets the mood and the humour makes it enjoyable.
    There is a story line that makes you want to complete the game. If you like rock/metal you will love this game.
  25. Jun 16, 2014
    It´s Brütal Legends, its not GTA 3,4 5, or buckshot. And I like it, no, I love ! the humor of the figures , the enemies , the game-play, the real original and fantasy arts of Brütal Legends. I played around 5 hours, and made at that 2 or 3 steam-baskets. I wasn´t a meal freak, and Tim Schafer made and Jack Black made me one. Also I´m still wondering whether its the best metal game , orIt´s Brütal Legends, its not GTA 3,4 5, or buckshot. And I like it, no, I love ! the humor of the figures , the enemies , the game-play, the real original and fantasy arts of Brütal Legends. I played around 5 hours, and made at that 2 or 3 steam-baskets. I wasn´t a meal freak, and Tim Schafer made and Jack Black made me one. Also I´m still wondering whether its the best metal game , or best game ever it for me. I guess metal hell doesn´t makes me weak ! Expand
  26. Jul 19, 2014
    A Fantastic Heavy Metal Open World game, with famous cameos like Ozzy Osborne and many other heavy metal rockers, including also the infamous Jack Black, this game truly shows how much Double Fine know what they are doing
  27. Sep 2, 2014
    This game tries to fuse together something old and something new and the mix works great. This game also includes one of the best soundtracks of all time. There is some small glitches but nothing major and I know some people get turned off because Jack Blacks voice acting but I think it fits here perfectly. The humor in this game works and feels not forced at all and the characters areThis game tries to fuse together something old and something new and the mix works great. This game also includes one of the best soundtracks of all time. There is some small glitches but nothing major and I know some people get turned off because Jack Blacks voice acting but I think it fits here perfectly. The humor in this game works and feels not forced at all and the characters are really well written. In some places this game is really underrated for some reason, it's not perfect but misses only nearly. If you like metal this is a game for you. Expand

1. Sep 12, 2013
    If you look at its style and atmosphere, Brütal Legend is the amazing journey into the depth of the metal fan's soul. However, the game itself is not so special - stereotypical missions, not very optimized controls but mainly its malfunction game mechanics preventing Tim Schafer to reach the Metal Mount Olympus. Anyway, the game is working and entertaining at the same time. And that is the most important thing about this game title.
  2. Jun 10, 2013
    It’s like a frantic, crazy rock festival: you might have lost your shoes, you might have fuzzy recollections of vomiting, but you can’t wait to go back right in, as soon as possible. That’s what Brutal Legend’s all about. [April 2013]
  3. May 20, 2013
    I'll readily admit that I think Brutal Legend's style outweighs the substance of the game, but dammit, why should apologize for liking it more than I probably should?