Bulletstorm PC

7.7

1. Feb 22, 2011
    I just love it! Finally something fresh and fun. Totally different to what we have been fed in last couple of years. Very nice graphics and vistas. Had a lot of laughs and I think I'll be playing it again and again.
  2. Mar 9, 2011
    To summarize it, this is Borderlands meets Madworld on steroids. It's a linear, action-packed, face-paced shooter that scores you based your kills, similar to the mechanics in Madworld. You use these points to upgrade your guns, abilities, and buy ammo. You therefore have an incentive to combo together and search for new "skillshots" to gain points. Each skillshot was satisfying in its ownTo summarize it, this is Borderlands meets Madworld on steroids. It's a linear, action-packed, face-paced shooter that scores you based your kills, similar to the mechanics in Madworld. You use these points to upgrade your guns, abilities, and buy ammo. You therefore have an incentive to combo together and search for new "skillshots" to gain points. Each skillshot was satisfying in its own right and you didn't have to go out of your way to achieve them. It adds a lot of complexity and depth to the game. The energy whip is an awesome core mechanic that's similar to the force. It's charge attack never gets old either. Each gun has a unique use and intensely fun to play. Unfortunately, you won't have enough time to thoroughly use them all. The game is pretty short, which is to be expected of a new IP, but it delivers a witty tongue-in-cheek characters and story. The story is mostly ignored in favor of awesome action sequences such as a giant flaming wheel in a rail sequence and a monstrous prehistoric mother pissed off at you. The ending is pretty abrupt but keeps players drooling for what's to come next. Expand
  3. Oct 11, 2014
    Graphics - 8/10
    Gameplay - 10/10
    Story - 7/10
    - Overall - 9/10
    .....................................................................
    Amazing!!! FUN!! Badass!! -
  4. Feb 25, 2011
    Great game! very original and creative. Nice variety of weapons and attacks. Loses 1 point for bad story and excessive swearing, and another one for bad quality pre-rendered cutscenes and horrible performance issues even on high-end machines. Overall, I'd love to play another game like this, and i'd definitely recommend this game to anyone who's bored of playing bad clones of call of dutyGreat game! very original and creative. Nice variety of weapons and attacks. Loses 1 point for bad story and excessive swearing, and another one for bad quality pre-rendered cutscenes and horrible performance issues even on high-end machines. Overall, I'd love to play another game like this, and i'd definitely recommend this game to anyone who's bored of playing bad clones of call of duty like medal of honor Expand
  5. Mar 6, 2011
    I had a lot of fun playing through the single-player. The humor was actually good in an over-the-top way, the voice acting was some of the best I've heard in a game. The scenery is gorgeous, if people are complaining about the graphics being bad, their computer isn't good enough to handle the higher graphics. Game took me about 7 hours to beat on Normal difficulty, a little too short IMO.I had a lot of fun playing through the single-player. The humor was actually good in an over-the-top way, the voice acting was some of the best I've heard in a game. The scenery is gorgeous, if people are complaining about the graphics being bad, their computer isn't good enough to handle the higher graphics. Game took me about 7 hours to beat on Normal difficulty, a little too short IMO.

Those that say the game got repetitive clearly didn't explore all the ways to kill people, and are used too COD type shooters, there are 200 some different "skillkills".

The only thing I can fault the game on (other than being too short) is having a repetitive multiplayer, it is essentially horde mode from Gears of War 2, but with an emphasis on getting good scores.
  6. Apr 9, 2011
    While this is not my favorite game of all time nor is it my favorite shooter its not without its enjoyment. I found the Skillshot to be very enjoyable and the fact that you can remap all your buttons a added bonus so any review that complains about the controls needs to be marked down. I did find the story to perhaps be a little bit thin as if made out of crackers but that was made up forWhile this is not my favorite game of all time nor is it my favorite shooter its not without its enjoyment. I found the Skillshot to be very enjoyable and the fact that you can remap all your buttons a added bonus so any review that complains about the controls needs to be marked down. I did find the story to perhaps be a little bit thin as if made out of crackers but that was made up for with the amount of action presented almost right away. I did feel a little to overpowered sometimes like I was on a playground hitting little kids with golfclubs while they were throwing balls of cotton at me. All in all this game is worth the price of admission.

Pros

Graphics
    Intense Action
    Skillshots

cons
    To easy most of the time
    Thin story
  7. Feb 22, 2011
    An action packed ride from start to finish. Crass humor that's actually entertaining rather than annoying, placed at all the right times. The weapon system has enough diversity to work, but not enough that they sit around without being used. The skill system is the very core of the game, turning enemies into playthings while you try to best yourself with each encounter. A gem in a genreAn action packed ride from start to finish. Crass humor that's actually entertaining rather than annoying, placed at all the right times. The weapon system has enough diversity to work, but not enough that they sit around without being used. The skill system is the very core of the game, turning enemies into playthings while you try to best yourself with each encounter. A gem in a genre overpopulated with 'serious' war games to concerned with their own image. Expand
  8. Aug 29, 2012
    I think Bulletstorm is a masterpiece that shines like a star through the insane catchy action which comes in a unique gaming mode: the "to kill with creativity" mode.: The more different manners are used the more skill points are earned for buying new weapons or for upgrading the yet claimed weapons. The game is pointed at the action it and on that point it's the best and most fun game toI think Bulletstorm is a masterpiece that shines like a star through the insane catchy action which comes in a unique gaming mode: the "to kill with creativity" mode.: The more different manners are used the more skill points are earned for buying new weapons or for upgrading the yet claimed weapons. The game is pointed at the action it and on that point it's the best and most fun game to date. Bulletstorm is one of the few to let me replay the single player for more than 2 times (Played it 6 times by now and still wanting to play it.) The game just feels good, looks good and makes you have fun fun and more fun! Expand
  9. Dec 8, 2012
    Bulletstorm is very fun to play. Kill with Skill, why nobody had done this before? Although pretty blunt and really fun, this is the true successor of the late Duke Nukem. As weapons are quite different and as you choose from a selection at start-up, the game has a good replay value so you can start by choosing different weapons such as for instance the head trap of the Saw movie (and makeBulletstorm is very fun to play. Kill with Skill, why nobody had done this before? Although pretty blunt and really fun, this is the true successor of the late Duke Nukem. As weapons are quite different and as you choose from a selection at start-up, the game has a good replay value so you can start by choosing different weapons such as for instance the head trap of the Saw movie (and make it explode). Or take fireworks to see the guys fly and explode into beautiful sparks. Each impact on the enemy is managed as well so you can shoot any parts of the body and have a different reactions (and various bonuses). The game is not too repetitive either in terms of worlds and different enemies, and there's a background story to discover. In short, a game very cool game to let loose! Expand
  10. Feb 23, 2011
    Awesome game...well worth the coin for a change (no pun intended). If, like me, you've become SO tired of formulaic FPS clones then "Bulletstorm" is a welcome change o'pace. Love the detailed graphics, the humor, the fast pace and the weapons. Yes, there is a bit of repetition but that's a weakness with any shooter. Due to that and the rather limited MP aspect, I can't give "Bulletstorm" aAwesome game...well worth the coin for a change (no pun intended). If, like me, you've become SO tired of formulaic FPS clones then "Bulletstorm" is a welcome change o'pace. Love the detailed graphics, the humor, the fast pace and the weapons. Yes, there is a bit of repetition but that's a weakness with any shooter. Due to that and the rather limited MP aspect, I can't give "Bulletstorm" a perfect score. But I would rate it right up there with the first "Halo", or the first "F.E.A.R." release. Those weren't perfect either but both introduced a fresh style of play that rocked the gaming frontiers of their day. Kudos to EA/EPIC/PCF for putting the FUN back into FPS! Expand
  11. Feb 26, 2011
    Take Serious sam, Duke nuken, mix it with Gears of war and you'll get the **** called Bulletstorm. It's - great, one of the best fps made, may be for years - full of action and fun. Why not to spend couple of hours and test PC version - is a great question for me? But console-port bugs and mouse sensitivity which is higher when you aim (OMG do they even play PC version?) is the onlyTake Serious sam, Duke nuken, mix it with Gears of war and you'll get the **** called Bulletstorm. It's - great, one of the best fps made, may be for years - full of action and fun. Why not to spend couple of hours and test PC version - is a great question for me? But console-port bugs and mouse sensitivity which is higher when you aim (OMG do they even play PC version?) is the only disappointing. Expand
  12. Feb 27, 2011
    The most fun I've had in a first person shooter in a long time, if not ever. To get the obvious out of the way, sound, grafics and level design are superb, among the best you will find in any game. It's incredible with how much detail the levels are designed, which tend to be very colorful and atmospheric.

But what makes Bulletstorm truly great is it's gameplay. Take the fast paced action of Unreal and Quake, and mix it with hefty dose of Street Fighter 4's intricate strategies and combos and this is what you get. Instead of just sitting behind cover and dispatching one enemy after another, the game actively encourages you to setup devastating skillshots that can obliterate entire groups of enemies with a single shot. Each encounter is a puzzle to solve in the most efficient and brutal way.

Bulletstorm is just as much a twitch action game as it is a thinking man's game. Bulletstorm is very fresh in it's approach, but at the same time also very oldschool with it's arcade like approach, where it's not just about winning, but winning with style and getting the biggest highscore.

Bulletstorm is truly a gamer's game, much more than any Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield or Killzone.
  13. Mar 1, 2011
    So far this is the best FPS game of the year! This is one of very few games that I will play through many times. Ignore all of these people who are just haters. These same gamers vote negatively on almost everything. And 'kltpzyxm1953' don't worry about how long it took you to get through the game, we're all different and by the way I'm young and it took me almost as long to finish.
  14. Nov 25, 2011
    Overall an extremely entertaining game. It felt like Gears of War, if you had a special leash that can throw enemies across the map. The point scoring system was delightful, and the story was exciting. Can't wait to pick up the sequel.
  15. Mar 1, 2011
    Wonderful title. It concentrate on increasing personal skill to create most precise and deadly combos. Plus in multiplayer it forces You to work as a team. Solo actions are worth much less points. Many casual players will bounce off as they lack of skill but i can clearly recommend this game to all Pros. They will have a hell of a fun. Single player is enjoyable too. Storyline with a coolWonderful title. It concentrate on increasing personal skill to create most precise and deadly combos. Plus in multiplayer it forces You to work as a team. Solo actions are worth much less points. Many casual players will bounce off as they lack of skill but i can clearly recommend this game to all Pros. They will have a hell of a fun. Single player is enjoyable too. Storyline with a cool graphic and great ways of disposing enemy gives much more fun than casual games. Expand
  16. Oct 17, 2013
    What a great game this is. First person shooter but also a melee beat-em-up. Fantastic fun combos, superb graphics and as to the plot and characterization.. Well, it's like playing a John Carpenter movie from back when he was in his prime.
  17. Mar 19, 2011
    It definitely is Serious Sam meets Gears of War, but it was still a very satisfying experience. Great graphics (though with a very "Unreal" look to them). I even laughed out loud a few times.
  18. Apr 5, 2011
    Bulletstorm is one of the most fun games I have played in a long time. Theres not much I can fault with Bulletstorm. The engine doesn't run quite as fast as it should but without any AA and on highest settings it still easily keeps at 60 on just a 6850/70. It looks great, nothing insane but some nice views and good effects, the story is solid, nothing ridiculous but it still has one whichBulletstorm is one of the most fun games I have played in a long time. Theres not much I can fault with Bulletstorm. The engine doesn't run quite as fast as it should but without any AA and on highest settings it still easily keeps at 60 on just a 6850/70. It looks great, nothing insane but some nice views and good effects, the story is solid, nothing ridiculous but it still has one which is better then most gameplay oriented games already. Then we come to the gameplay, this is where Bulletstorm shines, there really is nothing like it out there, if I were to compare i'd say Bioshock 1, simply cause of the huge amount of options you have when it comes to destroying your enemies, but Bulletstorm takes it a step further adding a 'rating' system that allows good soldiers to restock and bad ones to die. The more interesting your skillshots the more ammo and weapons you can buy. The guns are crazy, 4 barrel shotgun for example, and their charge shots are a load of fun, lots of environment kills as well and some epic boss battles.
    The game also has an Echo mode where you can replay the most action packed fight scenes for points to compete on leaderboards, and it also has an Anarchy mode which is up to 4 player co-op fighting against waves.
    I finished the game on normal, then immediately played all the echo missions then finished the game again on the hardest, and enjoyed every second the gameplay is that enjoyable that it last through 2.5 playthroughs without any break in between. In summary you have the best combat of any game i've ever played wrapped up in a decent story with a decent graphics engine and a very solid frustration free experience. One of my top 10 games for sure.
  19. May 22, 2013
    This is simply a fun game which in no way takes itself seriously. It has crass humor, but for this game it really works. Its similar to Borderlands but lacks the sophistication of character development that is there in Borderlands. I find it challenging yet fun with a decent story and most of all a lot of creative mayhem to be had!

The sound and and graphics are great and the

The sound and and graphics are great and the ability to steer your sniper bullets adds some variety to long shots! Its not a great game, its simply a fun game and well worth the $5 I spent when Origin had it on sale.
  20. Nov 5, 2013
    Whip an enemy, send him flying into the air, just to get pierced by razor sharp spikes. BONUSPOINTS! Pull an enemy towards you, then kick him into the mouth of a flesh eating plant. BONUSPOINTS! Rip a fat guy' pants off and fire a charged shot at his furry little a**hole. BONUSPOINTS! Where other shooters thrive to be emotional and storydriven, and yet they fail, "Bulletstorm" wants to beWhip an enemy, send him flying into the air, just to get pierced by razor sharp spikes. BONUSPOINTS! Pull an enemy towards you, then kick him into the mouth of a flesh eating plant. BONUSPOINTS! Rip a fat guy' pants off and fire a charged shot at his furry little a**hole. BONUSPOINTS! Where other shooters thrive to be emotional and storydriven, and yet they fail, "Bulletstorm" wants to be an epic amount of fun and highly succeeds. One of my all time favorites. (Suck it, Decateron.) Expand
  21. Aug 17, 2014
    Surprisingly good! A satire on the kind of game that "Epic" produces; all over-the-top action and creative throwaway colourful language makes this a very enjoyable experience, and a breath of fresh air in a world of self-important shooters who take themselves FAR too seriously.

It's a shame the the sequel was canned, as a little bit more polish could have made this game one of the crown jewels of this generation.
  22. Feb 23, 2011
    This game is amazing! There is so much depth in the skill-shot system and the Echo mode will have you come back and play over and over again. The team based MP mode is a lot of fun too. It changes up the rules by reward players for cooperating. Fantastic!
  23. BMF
    Feb 22, 2011
    Dont listen to the negitive reviews Bulletstorm is a very fun fast pace and funny game that I can see replaying many times online and off the only negitive I would say is a lack of 3D support right out the box but that is on the way.
  24. Feb 22, 2011
    Mechanics, interface, weapon variety and the score challenge / kill with skill element make this a definite buy for anyone who fancies themselves as a bit tasty on FPS's. For the more casual gamer, the joy they'll take from this will also be one to remember.

If there's one thing I could add to the game? I'd steal autolog direct from NFSHP. Great overhaul of the FPS genre; this new IP

Great overhaul of the FPS genre; this new IP will run and run.
  25. Feb 23, 2011
    It's hard for a fresh breeze in FPS nowadays, but Bulletstorm is definitely this kind of breeze. Astonishing graphics, interesting story and more and more absorbing climat, that's the game most important features. I prefer to spend 12h playing Bulletstorm than to play another World War game or a columbian forest adventure...
  26. Feb 23, 2011
    Head-blowing, ball-breaking, limb-tearing, MASS DESTRUCTION. These are just a couple of the things you will experience in Epic Games new release Bulletstorm. It doesn't quite have the same dark presence feel to it as Gears did, however it has double the blood! It's fast paced shooting feels perfect, and the combos are amazing! No time is wasted, when you run/slide around shooting/blowingHead-blowing, ball-breaking, limb-tearing, MASS DESTRUCTION. These are just a couple of the things you will experience in Epic Games new release Bulletstorm. It doesn't quite have the same dark presence feel to it as Gears did, however it has double the blood! It's fast paced shooting feels perfect, and the combos are amazing! No time is wasted, when you run/slide around shooting/blowing up bad guys in the beautiful world of Bulletstorm!

Although a slacking multiplayer is unfortunately keeping this title from a perfect 10!
  27. Apr 4, 2012
    When I bought this game, I was unsure of what it would be like. I had heard people saying the storyline was weak and that the gameplay was boring. However, I found the game to be hugely entertaining. The point system made you want to play in a different way to how you would normally on an FPS. The pacing of how certain weapons got introduced was nice, allowing new weapons to be discoveredWhen I bought this game, I was unsure of what it would be like. I had heard people saying the storyline was weak and that the gameplay was boring. However, I found the game to be hugely entertaining. The point system made you want to play in a different way to how you would normally on an FPS. The pacing of how certain weapons got introduced was nice, allowing new weapons to be discovered right until the end, keeping experimentation alive. The on-screen HUD was also a nice touch, allowing you to never be too confused. I also found the humour placed between the characters funny, and not too stupid. On the other hand though, the controls for the PC were a little clunky - I wasn't able to jump over a wall that easily here and there, but nothing that truly frustrated me. The story was shorter than you might expect - about 9 hours of play, not always as long as some game campaigns are. Also, the story wasn't as strong as it could have been, I wasn't always entirely sure who was attacking me and why. Though, it mattered little as the plot of the whole game was clear, and the on-going action-packed scenes of gameplay, from a bursting dam to a toppling building to a huge dinosaur, were extremely fun to play. I would recommend this game to anyone thinking about buying it, especially as it is now selling online and in-stores cheaply - rarely above £10 (Or $15). Great game. Expand
  28. Feb 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bulletstorm is the most BADASS game ever made by human being. Really crazy weapons. Good story and nice multiplayer. What else do you want? Kill with skill baby! Expand
  29. Mar 3, 2011
    First of all, I will tell you that bought this game and I am satisfied with what it has to offer. When I begun playing it it seemed like a standard first person shooter, but later events in the game convinced me that this is indeed a bit different from the rest. The game play is borderline survival, kind of like left4dead, because hoards of enemy attack you and you have to kill them fastFirst of all, I will tell you that bought this game and I am satisfied with what it has to offer. When I begun playing it it seemed like a standard first person shooter, but later events in the game convinced me that this is indeed a bit different from the rest. The game play is borderline survival, kind of like left4dead, because hoards of enemy attack you and you have to kill them fast before they kill you, but you are free to use your reflexes to spot pieces of the environment and your own tactics and gun skills to kill them in gruesome ways. The are bombs, cactuses, throwing off cliffs, electrocution, headshots, sniping, bombing, dropping things on them, kicking them into plants ect ect ect. But you do this at such a fast pace that blood and pieces of enemy splatter everywhere. There are also different types of enemies, ones that charge, one's that carry assault rifles, ones that ride helicopters, and even one's that attempt to strap bombs on you and blow you up. Anyway, it's all very fast paced and fun.

The one thing I like the most is that it is very runnable. I am playing it at 60fps with 8xaa on an aging quad core processor! I am glad that I do not have to upgrade anytime soon; and also a wireless xbox360 controller works like a charm, it even shows the buttons on screen and everything. The Storyline is linear...but like I said if you compare it to a game like l4d, which is also very linear, true, bu the sole purpose is to survive, same to some extent with this game, but made easier by upgrades as you go.
  30. Feb 28, 2011
    Awesome, mind-blowing game! I was really surprised how different and fresh is this game. Don't listen to the negative review. It's a fresh breeze in FPS genre and definitely worth playing.
  31. Mar 11, 2011
    This game is simply fantastic. Really good graphics, nice sounds and music, but the most important aspect in Bullestorm is gameplay. It's incredible. Pacing is outstanding, skillshots are awesome and finally game is really fun. Must have for all FPS fans :)
  32. Sep 27, 2011
    This game really is hard to judge to be honest. It has plenty of ups and downs but nitpicking at a game like this doesn't get you anywhere. You can enjoy it regardless.

I'll start off by saying that the graphics are pretty awesome. The game looks pretty surreal at times. Seeing an entire city along with a sublime-looking sky with celestial bodies floating in the sky (like nearby planets) never gets old; and you usually get time to sit and stare at it all, regardless of how fast-paced and hectic this game is. You'll be trudging through a dark sewer then you finally come out of an opening to the outside world and are greeted with a refreshing, atmospheric vista.

Anyway, on to gameplay. Bulletstorm is definitely a run-and-gun style game, but anyone who bought this game thinking otherwise should have researched it some more. It was blatantly obvious when they originally showed it at E3. The skillshot system is actually very fun to use, but I feel that it was too forced. The only way to play effectively is to kick bad guys in to environmental hazards or do fancier things like shoot an explosive flail on one bad guy and blow up a group of them with it. It's honestly very sloppy at times. You might fire a cannonball from the bouncer in to a huge crowd of enemies and end up inadvertently unlocking 3 new skill shots at once while racking up hundreds of skill points. The only way to enjoy this game is to acquire skill points then stop at one of the many drop pods that are littered throughout the levels to buy ammo and upgrade your guns. These menus are simple enough to navigate, but it really kills the pace at times. You can literally access a drop pod in the middle of a massive battle and it just pauses the game for you while you buy a bunch of ammo and charge shots. In my opinion, this tends to break the continuity of the game. This game smells of console port, but I honestly stopped caring about that ages ago since it's so common. The only thing I dislike is how you're limited to carrying 3 weapons at once, and the assault rifle (which is useless) can't be exchanged for a different weapon. Trying to kill a guy with conventional bullets in this game is about as effective as shooting someone with raisins, it just doesn't kill them. The charge shot on the rifle is good, but it's boring. It's just a perfectly-accurate, disintegrating round that kills any normal enemy in one hit. You have to stop by a drop pod if you want to exchange weapons, unless a special enemy drops the one you want (which isn't too often).

The skillshot database is also a bit annoying because you have to bring it up constantly to review any new skill shots you've unlocked so you can earn enough points to keep your guns loaded. If you play on easy it's not really difficult to do this.

Another little issue I had with this game was with the quick time events where you have to hold the E key at specific points in the game to focus in on an event that's occurring. If you react quick enough, you are rewarded with 500 skill points. The points are nice, but it interferes with gameplay, and they throw these quick time events at you like every 5 minutes and it gets really annoying after the 3rd time. You can choose to ignore it, but you don't get any points.

But like I said, nitpicking doesn't get you anywhere with a game like Bulletstorm. All in all it's a decent game. It wasn't worth $60 when it first came out, but It's only $20 on Steam now, so anyone who's considering trying it shouldn't be worried about spending too much money. There's a demo available on Steam as well.
  33. Feb 22, 2011
    This game is great.
    From the beginning of the game until the end it is a dirty, fast highway completly suffered with blood.
    It a game, you can forget about the story it´s some cheap revangestory about asspained spacemarines or something.
    The only things you will remember are the combat and the gameplay.
  34. Feb 27, 2011
    Bulletstorm was hyped as being a welcome tangent from the generic military FPSes out there, and I have to say it does live up to the hype...mostly. The story is quite original, as are the weapons and enemies. I thought the new skillshot system pretty much addressed the deep-down desires of everyone who ever played an FPS (c'mon, who doesn't aim for the balls at least once?), and theBulletstorm was hyped as being a welcome tangent from the generic military FPSes out there, and I have to say it does live up to the hype...mostly. The story is quite original, as are the weapons and enemies. I thought the new skillshot system pretty much addressed the deep-down desires of everyone who ever played an FPS (c'mon, who doesn't aim for the balls at least once?), and the addition of environmental hazards is a great cause of many "f-yeah!" moments. Where Bulletstorm loses points from me is the fact that there simply aren't enough things to shoot! I played through several levels where I encountered maybe two major fights, and spent the rest of the time listening to dialogue, walking, and responding to quick-time events. Not only does this make the entire fancy-pants skillshot system feel like a bit of a waste, but it also really breaks the immersion: You're on a planet populated by an endless mutant horde, but only 50 of them can be arsed to come after you? Then there's the cramped level design, which I suppose is necessary for the environmental kills, but it still would have been nice to have some large, arena-type areas as well. The game does feature some beautiful, expansive cityscapes...but you're always seeing them from some narrow pathway. I mentioned that the story is original, but it tends to wrangle control from you much too often with quick-time events and "ooh, look at that!" moments. Seriously guys, your game's motto is "kill with skill", not "skillfully push buttons when we say so".

Despite it's flaws, I'd recommend Bulletstorm. We need more games like this, with a sense of humour about themselves and which reward you for shooting things in the ass :p
  35. Feb 26, 2011
    I'm an old man and not very good at most games. I had to play this game at the lowest setting and did not die too many times. Well, several times towards the end, but I finished the game. It took me 14 hours (I know...I said I'm old) and I have to say that I was very impressed! I purchased the Prima guide and reviewed it before and during the game and was able to get a lot more out of theI'm an old man and not very good at most games. I had to play this game at the lowest setting and did not die too many times. Well, several times towards the end, but I finished the game. It took me 14 hours (I know...I said I'm old) and I have to say that I was very impressed! I purchased the Prima guide and reviewed it before and during the game and was able to get a lot more out of the game than I would have otherwise. Those who are giving this game a low rating are probably just rushing from point A to point B so fast that you can't possibly appreciate all of the differences and subtle nuances. Plus...the guide helps with Skillshots, Collectibles and Achievements. How about looking for the good in something rather than always looking for the bad? I really liked this game including the crude humor. I think it's a solid 10! Expand
  36. Nov 11, 2011
    A very solid FPS with beautiful visuals. The whole skill system is very cool, and the weapons allow for some great action. It was a very enjoyable experience, but the game's too short with too little to do. It's the type of game I enjoy a lot but 8 hours later when it's over, I never touch it again, despite it being quite good. So in this regard, it doesn't stand out, but it's totallyA very solid FPS with beautiful visuals. The whole skill system is very cool, and the weapons allow for some great action. It was a very enjoyable experience, but the game's too short with too little to do. It's the type of game I enjoy a lot but 8 hours later when it's over, I never touch it again, despite it being quite good. So in this regard, it doesn't stand out, but it's totally worth playing as a rental or $10-$20 purchase. 7.5 score rounded to 8. Expand
  37. Mar 4, 2011
    Bulletstorm is everything you want in a shooter and more. Great graphics, amazing set-pieces, and adrenaline fueled action. Away with the standard aiming for the head like the majority of first-person shooters and bring on the skillshot system which is great for rewarding you with how inventive you can be with slaughtering the oncoming hordes. Nothing is more satisfying than seeing youBulletstorm is everything you want in a shooter and more. Great graphics, amazing set-pieces, and adrenaline fueled action. Away with the standard aiming for the head like the majority of first-person shooters and bring on the skillshot system which is great for rewarding you with how inventive you can be with slaughtering the oncoming hordes. Nothing is more satisfying than seeing you setup a kill involving the deaths of 5+ enemies at once and seeing your entire screen explode with points which is used as currency for buying ammo and unlocking weapons and upgrades. I played the game on HARD which had the perfect balance of difficulty so that I could focus on killing things creatively just as equally as I had to focus on my own survival. The game has a great story, and the characters who at first may just seem to be loud, crass and two dimensional, slowly flesh out into surprisingly deep and likable characters. Bulletstorm is a lot more intelligent than it may appear to be, and at the end when the credits started rolling I was left wanting more. Expand
  38. Mar 1, 2011
    Perfect game. Hard to write something new. For me it's kinda blast from the past. I really enjoy the game that provide fun instead of pathetic and "truly" patriotic chats... Love Bulletstorm for it's madness! Want MP in next part!
    There must be true MP!!!!
    nnanananannanaffdf saf f sadf g sgg aef g aew fae f wd **** g ads f adf gfw4rgg4 g 24 5rwfg wgsr f
  39. Mar 21, 2011
    Fantastic gameplay in the single player mode. The skillshot system works incredibly good. The co-op in multi is good, but it's a pity that there's no other multiplayer modes.
  40. Apr 20, 2011
    A very fun game, I just beat it and was very pleased. The banter between characters is down right hilarious, few games are actually funny these days. All of the guns available to use are entertaining, especially when charge shots are used. I like the skillshot system, it pushed me to achieve more interesting kills and while doing so it let me buy more fun ammunition to use on the enemies.A very fun game, I just beat it and was very pleased. The banter between characters is down right hilarious, few games are actually funny these days. All of the guns available to use are entertaining, especially when charge shots are used. I like the skillshot system, it pushed me to achieve more interesting kills and while doing so it let me buy more fun ammunition to use on the enemies. Basically just a cycle of fun :) My advice: try to achieve as many skillshots to get the most out of this game. I could see the game getting repetitive if you sat down to beat it in one sitting, however I played it in several 1-2 hours sessions and I never grew bored. I will go back later in time and beat this game again. Exciting enemies and boss fights, fun weapons and hilarious characters. A very good and fun game. Expand
  41. Feb 26, 2011
    This game isnt about story, its about kicking ass. It was a hell alot of fun and alot of detail for my computer to handle, and i would recommend this to anyone
  42. May 17, 2011
    I 'd like to start off by saying that this game has something that many games are lacking these days, FUN. It brings a genuinely new and fresh vibe to the first person shooter,It feels great to control and has great graphics and art direction,many huge vistas to behold.Bulletstorm also has great setpieces,controlling a giant mechadinosaur is a great highlight.Coming from epic games andI 'd like to start off by saying that this game has something that many games are lacking these days, FUN. It brings a genuinely new and fresh vibe to the first person shooter,It feels great to control and has great graphics and art direction,many huge vistas to behold.Bulletstorm also has great setpieces,controlling a giant mechadinosaur is a great highlight.Coming from epic games and people can fly I wouldent expect any less,great job guys Expand
  43. Feb 25, 2011
    Stop using the unreal engine. Its an outdated piece of crap. It was outdated the moment Cryengine was created, and why people keep using it I will never know.
  44. Apr 27, 2011
    a fantastic game. one of the freshest shooters in years. i loved to play through the game and enjoyed it almost more than the (also) fantastic crysis 2. i recommend this game to everyone. you will like it
  45. Mar 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I thought that a sleepless night because of a game is not possible anymore. Well, while waiting for a Duke`s return, I let myself be tempted by Bulletstorm and it was a bull`s eye. Although it smells like Gears of War, and have several disadvantages, it is one of the most interesting game, lately.

First of all, the plot. As an ex member (and a rebel) of Dead Echoe squad we are trying to even the score with our ex commander who is a very evil man. ;) Thanks to this mad, personal crusade our entire team is almost dead, and we find ourselves to be crash landing on a planet full of mutating inhabitants. Despite all the problems it is certain that the man we seek, is somwhere nearby and this will let us not only to kick his a** but also to get out from the place.

So we seek the way, to get to our general. But it is not that simple. First, we will have to kill waves of mutants. Second, it will be a long walk through the shacks of slums, and a ruined city. We will walk, fly, ride the train and slide through the diversity of slopes, and dark holes. The graphic engine is not new but overall it pleases the eye, and you can run the game on a 3-4 year old computer. As I mentioned it smells like a Gears of War, and it is true. The design of a main character is pretty similar to Marcus, and I had the same feeling while jumping over the obstacles. However, I was disappointed by a lack of ability to jump. A small thing that pinches. So was with invisible walls which occurred from time to time.

The plot itself is exciting to the end (and I reccomend to stay to the end of subtitles) and it seems, that after all, we will see another Bulletsorm. The strong language is in use, but, the hell, they are soldiers, simple man with simple pleasures. Expect a very ironic sentences similar to Duke`s famous oneliners.

Ok, how about the fun? This game is all about it. You dont just kill the mobs you meet, you literally smash them, fry them, kick them, and grab them on a lasso-like, energetic leash. The more sophisticated death you deal, the more points you get. And the points let you to buy new weapons, ammo for them, and upgrades. I must admit that this system is very good and forces you to think (it may sound sick, but we are mature anyway) what you do to them. The main defect of it is that you may find only two, or three weapons really usefull.

It took me 11 hours to end the game, just on "normal" difficulty so it is pretty awesome.
  46. Mar 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Game is very nice, but is too short, multi is very poor and i dont want to back to Bulletstorm again... Graphics is very f*cking good, 8 i'm sure we won' t see the game with better graphics on Unreal Engine 3. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 8 Expand
  47. May 15, 2011
    Awesome big dumb fun! The graphics are top notch and the gameplay is addictive. But make no mistakes about it, this is a $40 game masquerading as a $60 title. Wait for it to go on sale on Steam before purchasing.
  48. Oct 9, 2012
    I don't like shooters, at all, and that's mainly because this generation made them have the exact same things (run in corridor->take cover->shoot->repeat), and basically ruined old shooters where there was actual exploration and puzzles. Of course there are exception and Bulletstorn, strangely, isn't an exception and actually overuses the same formula...but they made it good. I heard tonsI don't like shooters, at all, and that's mainly because this generation made them have the exact same things (run in corridor->take cover->shoot->repeat), and basically ruined old shooters where there was actual exploration and puzzles. Of course there are exception and Bulletstorn, strangely, isn't an exception and actually overuses the same formula...but they made it good. I heard tons of things of this game and eventually I got it on discount, and I don't really regret but I didn't feel extremely excited either. Anyway, what really works in this game, are the dialogues which are very funny and extremely over the top and actually never seem out of place: it looked like I was watching one action flick with tons of jokes and tons of gore...which means that the plot, even though it has its moments, it's nothing spectacular and unfortunely it revolves in one single mission. Nothing horrible but there was potential for more stuff to happen. Second thing that it's good aren't exactly the shooting, but how shooting is rewarded: you basically get points from how you kill enemies and the stylish the kill, the more points you get. All this is also encouraged by the addition of the hook which basically makes you lure enemies to you or either activate or destroy particular things in order to get more points and kills. Only bad thing here is that it's extremely repetitive but there's always variety on how you can kill enemies and how you can make more points (and there are also challenges that are meant for the completionists). Weapons also are good although they aren't many, but they are varied and they luckily don't feel the same...but unfortunely they haven't got a lot of ammunition (even when powered up), and so you won't be using the same weapon often. The levels aren't many but they are well detailed and the moments are varied enough to keep you going, with also the plot getting more details, but here comes the biggest flaw of the game: the longevity. There are about 8 chapters (including the prologue) and they don't last very long (i think the longest level took an hour at max). I finished the game in about 7-8 hours and on top of that the levels are extremely linear, with also poor interaction with the enviroment (you can sometimes interact by using your hook or killing your enemies...but you can't even jump on your own and not even fall down cliffs, just to say). There's also a multiplayer mode which has a nice idea and lets you play in a group that has to make points by killing the enemies with skillshots and the group wins if they reach the required amount of points: it's actually challenging but it's not properly well made and I haven't seen many players in this mode, meaning that it's not the core of the game and hardly anyone plays it properly. A great shooting game that is ruined by the poor longevity and the huge lack of multiplayer: it's nothing fresh but focuses mainly on entertaining the player and having them rewarded by using the enviroment and the right shooting skills. It's definitly worth a try though, especially if you find it on discount or if you're tired of the "ultra realistic military shooting gallery" that nowadays are so common and, even if it doesn't last long, it's gonna be 8 hours of gore, swear words, black humour and lots and lots of bullets! Expand
  49. Jan 6, 2012
    Incredible graphics, incredible controls. and incredible gameplay. Works very well on high on my 4 year old machine. I really enjoyed the storyline...
  50. Jan 4, 2012
    I picked this up on a recent steam sale for $5 bucks. 9/10. its genuinely FUN. Usually when i play an fps, its more like rush to the end to see the story, or to be relieved from playing a tense action sequence. In this game, you look forward to every new combat sequence.. rather than enemies to get out of your way, the mobs become little pawn pieces that you use to kill things in moreI picked this up on a recent steam sale for $5 bucks. 9/10. its genuinely FUN. Usually when i play an fps, its more like rush to the end to see the story, or to be relieved from playing a tense action sequence. In this game, you look forward to every new combat sequence.. rather than enemies to get out of your way, the mobs become little pawn pieces that you use to kill things in more creative ways. The action sequences also mix up the gameplay giving some nice variation to the bulk of the creative kill gameplay. Its so much fun! GRAPHICS: The graphics are beautiful and EPIC. very important, since from playing world of warcraft, i expect everything to be epic or its a letdown. There's a bunch of swearing in the game, but just ignore it. The great graphics, epicness of everything, and fun gameplay is worth the entry. Its also so refreshing that the game doesn't take itself seriously like COD etc. Oh yeah, wouldn't pay more than 10 bucks for this, as after a few replays, theres not much to keep you there. Just perfect out of the bargain bin though! Expand
  51. May 18, 2011
    I've waited for this game. This game is very very good, orginal - fresh and fun! Crass humor that's actually entertaining rather than annoying, placed at all the right times.
  52. May 22, 2011
    If there was a category of a most FUN game this would be a total winner of all times! In may not be a perfect game as a product (no co-op campaign or advanced multi). It may not be a perfect shooter in comparison with others (CoD, Battlefield). BUT it gave me a loads and loads of FUN to shoot, kill, and make fun of everybody and everything! :D
    It may be buggy, may not have the best dialogs
    It may be buggy, may not have the best dialogs BUT it's FUN to hear some sarcastic swearing! :)
    It may not have the level design of CoD or Portal 2 but... it's FUN to throw an enemy to a cactus! :D
  53. Vic
    Dec 8, 2011
    Great game! It has tons of laughable moments and at the same time it's some kind of drama. The characters are so unique and special, and it's very entertaining to listen to them talking during the gameplay and off course all the jokes that they make! Great story, great gameplay, great graphics and great characters! Great game!!!
  54. May 25, 2011
    Borderlands hangs out with Duke Nukem and Gears of War. Thoroughly enjoyed this shooter. Characters are fun and wonderfully offensive, just like the gameplay. I like how the bonus points for inventive evisceration of the poor bastards trying to fight you actually count towards upgrades. Loved the visuals, very nice graphics, kudos to Unreal Engine. Some simple puzzles, fun boss fights,Borderlands hangs out with Duke Nukem and Gears of War. Thoroughly enjoyed this shooter. Characters are fun and wonderfully offensive, just like the gameplay. I like how the bonus points for inventive evisceration of the poor bastards trying to fight you actually count towards upgrades. Loved the visuals, very nice graphics, kudos to Unreal Engine. Some simple puzzles, fun boss fights, minor plot holes which make the main hero look abit retarded, the fact I dont mind in the slightest. Theme park level was great. Loved the game, recommending to friends. Expand
  55. Dec 30, 2011
    What happens when you take familiar FPS elements and ideas and hit the 'ludicrous speed' button? You have a off-the-wall, full throttle, high octane, nitro infused blood bath! 'Bulletstorm' is just what the title implies and boy does it deliver. Tons of death, bullets, weapons, carnage and shload of expletives that would make Lenny Bruce and Red Fox blush. The visual are stunning withWhat happens when you take familiar FPS elements and ideas and hit the 'ludicrous speed' button? You have a off-the-wall, full throttle, high octane, nitro infused blood bath! 'Bulletstorm' is just what the title implies and boy does it deliver. Tons of death, bullets, weapons, carnage and shload of expletives that would make Lenny Bruce and Red Fox blush. The visual are stunning with no performance issues. The sound is thunderous and well mixed. The story is engaging and entertaining. The voice-over acting is incredibly well-done. The weapon upgrades aren't over wrought with too little or too many options. The best thing for me was the Skillpoint system. The more creative a way you can kill an enemy the more points you get. I was laughing and cringing through the whole time. Better yet is the boot. Yes, the infamous boot melee. My god is it ever so much fun kicking someone off a cliff or into a mutated cactus. For all the whiners on here that didn't like this - you're phoney pansies that probably got put off by the colorful dialogue and gore. This ain't for the feint at heart. POW! Expand
  56. Jun 6, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a very intense action packed game! Lots of action, gore, and excessive swearing but on a PC platform you can toggle the language and gore. I personally love this game but i think that they could have done more with the multiplayer, maybe PvP matches and maybe even a co-op story line like Halo, or CoD 5.
    or maybe co-op Echo missions but otherwise its a very good game and i
    or maybe co-op Echo missions but otherwise its a very good game and i reccomend buying it!
  57. Nov 7, 2011
    LOVE IT! Anyone saying this game sucks, has bad graphics or poor controls either doesn't play PC shooters, or has a really low grade computer. This game ROCKS! One of the favorites of all times. Single player is fun, and multiplayer Co-Op is even more fun! Blood, Gore, Fast paced action and skill combos not found in any other games. This game really forces you to get some skill and playLOVE IT! Anyone saying this game sucks, has bad graphics or poor controls either doesn't play PC shooters, or has a really low grade computer. This game ROCKS! One of the favorites of all times. Single player is fun, and multiplayer Co-Op is even more fun! Blood, Gore, Fast paced action and skill combos not found in any other games. This game really forces you to get some skill and play cooperatively to advance to the next wave or enemies. Combos that must be done with at least 2 players to kill bad guys in certain gory and ruthless ways. If you are looking for a game to hop in and play for 10 minutes WATCH OUT! You will end up addicted and play for hours! Expand
  58. Apr 11, 2012
    I was really impressed by the Bulletstorm. Not that the game-play is great or executions feels awesome, it's just that general feel of the game is very good. It feels very opened even though it's simple "tunnel", mainly because of very nice landscape views. I like the style, graphics and even the killing and rewarding mechanics. It's simply one of the best shooters of 2011 to me.
  59. Jul 24, 2011
    Bulletstorm is baked like a cake smothered with funny dialogue and blast your ass off gameplay, however they dropped the cake when they heard 'multi-player'. You'll easily remember this game for the funny dialogue and the gameplay, not much else. Bottom line, it's a great ride.. but it pulls in quick.
  60. Feb 1, 2012
    Awesome single player - if too SHORT!.. (finished in 10 hours on leisure play). Very dissapointed because this game REQUIRES Windows Games LIVE to play... One more negative comment - designed for a platform! So take it as that - a platform shooter... If only a little more time would be spent and dedicated to us - the gamers - this game would surely be a HIT!
  61. Aug 27, 2011
    This is one of the best PC action games you'll play. A purists video game and a spirited rebirth for over the top shooters that will appeal to anyone who loves the genre. People Can Fly have brought flair and creativity to the UT heritage with a new pallet of ideas that are both fresh and hugely enjoyable. The controls are fantastic and best suited to PC. Special mention must go to theThis is one of the best PC action games you'll play. A purists video game and a spirited rebirth for over the top shooters that will appeal to anyone who loves the genre. People Can Fly have brought flair and creativity to the UT heritage with a new pallet of ideas that are both fresh and hugely enjoyable. The controls are fantastic and best suited to PC. Special mention must go to the sniper rifle: which is one of the most brilliant ideas I've ever seen in a shooter this past decade. Don't let the juvenile tone of the demo put you off as it becomes much more acceptable during the campaign. The narrative thread is weak and it has no aspirations to be a narrative driven game. Instead it surges forward with ridiculous set pieces and satisfying, robust game play mechanics. An action extravaganza and a real treat. Expand
  62. Aug 26, 2013
    Maybe you dont like the art style, maybe you dont like the fighting, maybe you dont like the characters or the story (you are wrong btw) But please for the love of potato chips try this game out and you will hear one of THE BEST musical scores to a computer game EVER! Pump up the music and watch the goosebumps grow!
  63. Sep 15, 2011
    Fantastically fun game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very dynamic and beautiful gameplay, cutscenes too wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)
  64. May 8, 2014
    This game is just so utterly fun to play! You're getting new weapons on quite a slow pace, but everything else rushes forward with a speed of light. It's an instant and constant action and you just wish there were more enemies you could send flying into electical installations, onto various spikes or cacti... simply, it's one hell of a fun to kill in this game. I love the views, graphicsThis game is just so utterly fun to play! You're getting new weapons on quite a slow pace, but everything else rushes forward with a speed of light. It's an instant and constant action and you just wish there were more enemies you could send flying into electical installations, onto various spikes or cacti... simply, it's one hell of a fun to kill in this game. I love the views, graphics are amazing and everything feels very smooth. Plus it's full of humorous banter and filled with swearing and nasty characters. Just love it :) Expand
  65. Apr 1, 2012
    It took me a year to finally get my hands on this beauty (bought on Steam for 5â
  66. Jul 24, 2012
    this is a really fun game to play if you've got some friends and are looking to jump into some satisfying violence for between 5 minutes and 4 hours. Combo moves are bloody and satisfying, but coordinating a team combo on a single victim is downright amazing, and the sheer number of special attacks (ranging from simple to absurd) will give you a lot to play with while locked in a boxthis is a really fun game to play if you've got some friends and are looking to jump into some satisfying violence for between 5 minutes and 4 hours. Combo moves are bloody and satisfying, but coordinating a team combo on a single victim is downright amazing, and the sheer number of special attacks (ranging from simple to absurd) will give you a lot to play with while locked in a box slaughtering faceless baddies.

The single player is pretty decent, though it's short and doesn't exactly go out of its way to try and be original. Really this game should be weighed as a multiplayer game. Fun multiplayer experience, mediocre single player.
  67. Nov 21, 2013
    This game took me by surprise.
    It ripped my face off, shoved it up my backside, kicked me in my balls, then said get up and fight.
    I absolutely love the raw action and genuinely funny dialogue in this game, a top title for anyone who like this gameplay style.
    10/10 well done EPIC.
  68. Dec 3, 2011
    You know when someone tells a joke that is so hilarious but at the same time tasteless and revolting? Where half of the crowd are offended, one guy laughed and the rest went home, cried and wrote angry letters. This game is kind of like that. It's a relief from the tention-ridden politically correct games out there. The more people are offended, the better it is really. You're always gonnaYou know when someone tells a joke that is so hilarious but at the same time tasteless and revolting? Where half of the crowd are offended, one guy laughed and the rest went home, cried and wrote angry letters. This game is kind of like that. It's a relief from the tention-ridden politically correct games out there. The more people are offended, the better it is really. You're always gonna offend someone because not everybody is as awesome as us. Anyways, I totally loved this game. The laidback style, dirty dialogue and comical violence totally appealed to me. Sometimes it's just great to sit back and play a game where you don't feel you have to commit 100%. Where you leave realism behind and just do something crazy. Where the laws of physics don't apply and you don't spare anyone's feelings. This is a game I would play again, just to relax. Like picking up the controller to do some moves in Tony Hawk. Except in this game you pick up the controller, be badass, listen to hilarious dialogues and kill baddies in creative ways. Love it! Expand
  69. Mar 31, 2012
    Awesome. I really like the fact that it is so over the top, you can't ignore it. It really has a certain something going for it. The main point of this game is the humour. It is pretty dark at times (getting drunk and shooting a bottle off a mans' head), its still pretty funny. You will hear the word "dick" and **** a lot in this game, and it appeals to the middleschooler inside. SomeAwesome. I really like the fact that it is so over the top, you can't ignore it. It really has a certain something going for it. The main point of this game is the humour. It is pretty dark at times (getting drunk and shooting a bottle off a mans' head), its still pretty funny. You will hear the word "dick" and **** a lot in this game, and it appeals to the middleschooler inside. Some mechanics are questionable, like the ability to buy ammo with skillpoints, and the optomization is not that hot. It also uses Games for Windows LIVE, which is a MAJOR downfall. Overall though, great game, on sale on steam NOW for 5 dollars. Pick it up, or face the boot, dick****! Expand
  70. Apr 11, 2012
    Awesome and fun. Where else do you get to control a mechanical dinosaur! I have been gaming many years and I have truly enjoyed this game. Buy it you won't regret it.
  71. Jul 7, 2012
    I have to say this was a bargain for
  72. Jun 2, 2012
    I truly enjoyed this game and quite honestly do not understand the bad reviews. The gameplay was solid and fresh and felt like a new experience. The story was a bit 'meh' but the amazing and unique scenarios and environments were fantastic and engaging. Also, the humor was the kind of awesome nonsense i would expect in more games. The devs weren't afraid to go overboard on dick jokes, andI truly enjoyed this game and quite honestly do not understand the bad reviews. The gameplay was solid and fresh and felt like a new experience. The story was a bit 'meh' but the amazing and unique scenarios and environments were fantastic and engaging. Also, the humor was the kind of awesome nonsense i would expect in more games. The devs weren't afraid to go overboard on dick jokes, and i respect them for that. It felt more realistic that way, knowing i would probably say the same thing in that scenario. Overall, the game was enjoyable and looking back at all the fun parts of the game i realize this game deserves an excellent rating. Expand
  73. Jun 28, 2012
    awesome game,best free your mind and shoot game ever,good graphics,great characters and incredible sound,my opinion best game so far by unreal engine3
  74. Jul 21, 2012
    Echt ein hammer Spiel , sehr witzig gemacht ! ^^
  75. Nov 30, 2012
    The most fun is finding interesting ways to kill your enemy with the energy leash. Not much brainpower is needed for this game, and I mean it in a good way. You play it simply because you want to kill everything you see. It is worth playing.
  76. Mar 10, 2013
    This game is good and very fun. Kill with the skill to win=) I did also like graphics and plot. Unreal Engine 3 may be old but the game looks good even in 2013. This game is short- but i cannot decide if it's for bad or for good. I guess it's better this way otherwise it could became long and boring
  77. Sep 27, 2013
    How did I not hear about this before now?! Bulletstorm is the greatest game of all time. It's a classic shooter in the Doom/Serious Sam tradition, featuring incredibly fun gunplay, great weapons, an awesome combo system, gorgeous environments, and hilarious dialog. Go buy this game right now!
  78. Aug 14, 2014
    This is a rude crude shooting game. The weapons are unique and the gameplay is just crazy fun. The whip ability adds a lot of gameplay elements and they have tons of ways to kill your enemies. It just feels so satisfying to hit a guy with bola grenades and kick him into a group of his friends before detonating them.
  79. Dec 31, 2013
    I am having some bombastic ceinamatic fun at the moment with Bulletstorm. The game has no depth but that's the point. And they have so much fun with it. And to add insult to injury for everyone who takes shooters too seriously, this is probably the most competent shooting I ever experienced. It sure beats borderlands 2, bioshock 1, Crysis 2 and Metro 2033, Rage. I still find Half Life's 2I am having some bombastic ceinamatic fun at the moment with Bulletstorm. The game has no depth but that's the point. And they have so much fun with it. And to add insult to injury for everyone who takes shooters too seriously, this is probably the most competent shooting I ever experienced. It sure beats borderlands 2, bioshock 1, Crysis 2 and Metro 2033, Rage. I still find Half Life's 2 shooting phenominal though, tight and responsive and I really enjoy the shooting of Bioshock 2 and Infinite (which is very similar from one another) so lets say its on par for the shooting aspect as it is with the Darkness 2 which it shares a lot with. Its creative and colourful too and bombastic, just the way I like it. I really liked doing combos in Bioshock Infinite, Madworld and Darkness 2, so what I am given here is perfect. I also like how there are different approaches to enemy types. My favourite weapon is the shotgun and the grenade chain, I like how they offer great combos, which is something the sniper rifle doesnt have (though this is a great sniper rifle too). I like how the game works beyond the mechanics of a shooter. Ammo and upgrades are determined by your skill. You can go through the game with your assault rifle, but being creative offers even more opportunities to be creative and helps you not run out of ammo either. I love how the game had a simple plan in mind and executed it with such style. I do find it far too linear to the point where it feels like an on rails shooter at times (which it actually becomes a few times through the game), but that just makes me appreciate other games which others might beleive to be too linear like the Bioshock and Dead Space games.

And oddly enough, another shooter this reminds me of, for art style and pace is Spec Ops the Line (although the Darkness 2 is its closest gameplay cousin). Yeah, bet you didnt see that coming. They are actually very very similar in the way the story and goals function. Its a ravaged city that was once vibrant and the bright colours of the interiors contrast with the yellow sand and ruins. Your goal is to get to a military figure and you have to brav through the hoards to get there. It feels direct and purposeful which is great because the whole point of the game was to make fun of some of these aspects of other games and it came before Spec Ops! (both also have a helicopter turret section although one has a dinosaur in that scene as well).
  80. Dec 27, 2013
    wow what a game so much to love. The look of the game is beautiful. the gameplay addictive between a variety of weapons, entertaining characters with witty dialogue and a range of ways to kill the many enemies you encounter on the hostile planet with some tough end of level bosses the plant boss being the hardest in my opinion. yes the setting up of a windows live account is annoying butwow what a game so much to love. The look of the game is beautiful. the gameplay addictive between a variety of weapons, entertaining characters with witty dialogue and a range of ways to kill the many enemies you encounter on the hostile planet with some tough end of level bosses the plant boss being the hardest in my opinion. yes the setting up of a windows live account is annoying but does not detract from the appeal of the actual game. this game cost me £7.50 and worth every penny for my pc. Steam last I saw have a demo of the game for free so you can see for yourself what you are getting before you pay anything for it so you can make up your own mind about if it is worth spending money on this game. Now I just wondering what game to play next? Expand
  81. Sep 9, 2014
    This game is f***ing FUN! (with a big F). You control a kind of space marine betrayed by his boss who will try to escape from a dangerous planet. The plot is simple ok but the gameplay remain energic, violent and FUN!
    You can do some Combo with many weapons (included a whip) and it's what we should expect from this enjoyable game.
    Howerver, the game doesn't last long: only 6-8hours. And
    Howerver, the game doesn't last long: only 6-8hours. And the multiplayer is just a kind of coop (like during the campain)
    But the replayability is high and bulletstorm is now not expensive at all!
    So if you like this kind of game: a real stress relief ---> BUY IT :p
  82. Aug 29, 2014
    It's just perfect. Visuals are booming and fun, tie that in with stellar controls and unique gameplay and you have a hit. Too bad sales were only mediocre, so a second Bulletstorm might never come.
  83. ave
    Mar 27, 2016
    I've played Bulletstorm twice and enjoyed it much more the second time.

As a FPS, Bullerstorm is very well crafted : the moving, aiming and shooting are very satisfying in terms of sensations. On top of that, the sliding, lassoing and sim-locking are very fun to use and the game rewards you big time when you do "skillshots" with tons of points. As a story, Bulletstorm feels like a
    I've played Bulletstorm twice and enjoyed it much more the second time.

As a story, Bulletstorm feels like a frantic futuristic action movie, with ups and downs, twists and turns, and memorable sequences (ah ! the gigantic wheel !) and most of all : an excellent pacing.

I think the pleasure I got from playing the game mostly comes from its pacing and the wild swings between tension and release, almost like a roller-coaster in a fun fair !

It's a good thing that People Can Fly have now a clear path to make Bulletstorm 2 !
  84. Mar 2, 2011
    It has a console port feeling all over it, and while you are playing a badass mercenary you cant even jump off a 2 feet ledge.
    The graphics are great it realy shows what the Unreal engine can do and its unreal :P but the levels still feel very repetitive and while its fun to open a door by kicking it after 2 or 3 times it gets old just like the whip while its fun for the first few times it gets old realy fast.
    i bought it in the store for 35euro but if i had to do it over again i would have rented it as the replay value is near to 0.
    giving it a 7 overall but its fairly good score is because of the great visuals not because of the gameplay

9 for the visuals and a 5 for gameplay

btw all the reviewers giving it a 9 or 10 you guys must got paid to give that grade go eat ****
  85. Mar 4, 2011
    Full of action, novelty and fun plus its far longer than most of the FPS games in recent years - a Ripper and I dont even like the Unreal Engine - Strongly recommended if you want a good time and a laugh too!
  86. Mar 5, 2011
    Hello Friend, If you want to buy this game and the game like this one cheaply, there is a new trustable original game key web site, and recommend it to your friends. you can just visit it and see the prices ; just write "thebestcdkey" at google I recommend this page everyone.
    Hope it will help you. Thank youâ
  87. Mar 6, 2011
    If you not a cold fish you will be enjoy it . It's so many ways to kill enemies and is it bloody fun . But if you are normally player you finish game after eight hours and you don't return back to play it agin . I know there are echoes and multiplayer ,but echoes are practically same as campaign and multiplayer is boring .
  88. Mar 6, 2011
    Very good game, fast paced, great environmental scenes/effects (some of the best I've seen--grinder wheel anybody?). The combination system when you're fighting is pretty entertaining, especially when you get mass points for booting someone off a massive cliff, or leashing someone into a giant spike impaling them.
  89. Mar 11, 2011
    Game's just crazy! If you have even a bit of imagination, can entertain yourself - it's for you. First time for a few years I don't feel the game is using UE3 - I mean engine doesn't annoy me. Locations are various - for a 2-3 CoD's, at least. Yes, everything isn't too technological, but it's BEAUTIFUL. A lot of fun - I mean, besides dismembering enemies - a lot our good jokes, just inGame's just crazy! If you have even a bit of imagination, can entertain yourself - it's for you. First time for a few years I don't feel the game is using UE3 - I mean engine doesn't annoy me. Locations are various - for a 2-3 CoD's, at least. Yes, everything isn't too technological, but it's BEAUTIFUL. A lot of fun - I mean, besides dismembering enemies - a lot our good jokes, just in Duke style. Well, after Bulletstorm I don't care about what will happen with DNF. P.S. For me this game has only lack in music (music is good, but it became boring with time - like in DMC 4). Ah, yes GFWL. 'nuff said.
    Nothing more to tell, yeah
  90. Mar 14, 2011
    Please consider that I did play multiplayer a bit but not too long. I don`t go online when playing FPS games mostly.

As for everything else. Gameplay is quite addicting. I don`t have a problem with going throught the campaign once again. The humor is very good, a little too much swearing perhaps, but I still smiled alot. Gives the game a very specific taste. The weapons are quite nice -

As for everything else.
    Gameplay is quite addicting. I don`t have a problem with going throught the campaign once again. The humor is very good, a little too much swearing perhaps, but I still smiled alot. Gives the game a very specific taste. The weapons are quite nice - the player has just about every standard variation of a weapon from any other shooter. People Can Fly is just the group that excels in making original weapons and they didn`t do any worse in Bulletstorm. Dispatching enemies might be done in many many ways and is very entertaining. It`s worth noting that the first hour of singleplayer is a bit dull because one has only just about the standard assault rifle, but it gets interesting rather quickly. The game might feel repetitive at times though I don`t think the level of repetitivness ever gets any close to what Call of Duty games present. Also here we have many different enemy types, along with a big number of mini-bosses which is a very good thing. The big bosses pose a real challenge and take quite long to defeat. Overall the campaign feels Gears of Warish, FPP style and that also is a good thing. The maximum difficulty setting makes the game quite hard actually, something to be , again, considered in favor of the game. The graphics are very good, with few very beatiful sightseeing levels. The pace is fast and there is ever and moment of boredom.

I say get it. It is always the best if someone risks low sales and actually pushes out something orgininal and quite unique in its own form. For that I give Bulletstorm a 9 instead of 8.
  91. Mar 17, 2011
    Nice game overall if you dont want to use your brain a lot. Some splatter scenes, some cool fighting stuff.
    Macho men with manly voices.
    Good graphics, nice sound.
  92. Mar 18, 2011
    Really nice game but does not worth its 60â
  93. Dec 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love this game so0o much...
    This game has something special and unique...
    When I play this game, I can feel that I'm alive...
    And I love be a BAD-ASS, It's feel really good..... :D 3:) :)
  94. Feb 1, 2015
    OOOhhh man . Its really a shooter of pure fun . if you think of a shooter in which you have to take cover ten fire then again take cover then repeat .! well Bulletstorm is not that shooter . Its just for fun . no cover for anyone . the skill shots are the most fun part of this game . And you can also use your legs to kick your enemies a$$es . With some big guns , the leash and some otherOOOhhh man . Its really a shooter of pure fun . if you think of a shooter in which you have to take cover ten fire then again take cover then repeat .! well Bulletstorm is not that shooter . Its just for fun . no cover for anyone . the skill shots are the most fun part of this game . And you can also use your legs to kick your enemies a$$es . With some big guns , the leash and some other fun stuffs this game is f***ing fun . Expand
  95. Sep 4, 2015
    this game is so cool shooter. and has unique game play. ex) sniping mode and leash. but, always shooting is a little boring. and there is no impression in storyline
  96. Dec 21, 2014
    I played this for exactly 0 minutes. So far im very exciting, I didn't make it to the main menu because of **** windows live registration, and the fact that I didn't have a hotmail kind of ruined my chances as well. I have also only lost control of 3 E-mails during this registration and on the rest of my E-mails I'm subscribed to **** magazines sending me sad stories about lonely andI played this for exactly 0 minutes. So far im very exciting, I didn't make it to the main menu because of **** windows live registration, and the fact that I didn't have a hotmail kind of ruined my chances as well. I have also only lost control of 3 E-mails during this registration and on the rest of my E-mails I'm subscribed to **** magazines sending me sad stories about lonely and pregnant women. Well worth 4 euros. 10/10.

P.S. Dont buy games from 2011
  97. Aug 5, 2015
    Bulletstorm in solidly in my top 10 favorite games of all time. While it may have a cliche story, and not much character development at the begining, over the couse of the game, you realize how deep the characters are. There are amazing visuals, and some of the best gameplay ever. Bulletstorm was also the first blind playthrough I did for youtube.
  98. Aug 17, 2015
    One of the best FPS shooter ever. Great single-player campaign and cool multi-player.
    Funny dialogues between the characters and am very much fun is guaranteed.
  99. Mar 6, 2011

1. PC PowerPlay
    Apr 18, 2011
    Bulletstorm is perfectly designed to appeal to the 14 year old boys who can't buy it because it's rated MA15+. [May 2011, p.64]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 6, 2011
    While not a game that would alter the flow of history, Bulletstorm proved to be very pleasant and an extremely aberrant surprise not lacking the ability of self-irony. [Mar 2011]
  3. Apr 4, 2011
    If you are looking for a simple and entertaining shooter, that's not a Call of Duty clone, which offers lots of humour and a great story, Bulletstorm could be for you.