7.6

1. Feb 22, 2011
    I just love it! Finally something fresh and fun. Totally different to what we have been fed in last couple of years. Very nice graphics and vistas. Had a lot of laughs and I think I'll be playing it again and again.
  2. Feb 22, 2011
    An action packed ride from start to finish. Crass humor that's actually entertaining rather than annoying, placed at all the right times. The weapon system has enough diversity to work, but not enough that they sit around without being used. The skill system is the very core of the game, turning enemies into playthings while you try to best yourself with each encounter. A gem in a genre overpopulated with 'serious' war games to concerned with their own image. Expand
  3. BMF
    Feb 22, 2011
    Dont listen to the negitive reviews Bulletstorm is a very fun fast pace and funny game that I can see replaying many times online and off the only negitive I would say is a lack of 3D support right out the box but that is on the way.
  4. Feb 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bulletstorm is the most BADASS game ever made by human being. Really crazy weapons. Good story and nice multiplayer. What else do you want? Kill with skill baby! Expand
  5. Feb 23, 2011
    Awesome game...well worth the coin for a change (no pun intended). If, like me, you've become SO tired of formulaic FPS clones then "Bulletstorm" is a welcome change o'pace. Love the detailed graphics, the humor, the fast pace and the weapons. Yes, there is a bit of repetition but that's a weakness with any shooter. Due to that and the rather limited MP aspect, I can't give "Bulletstorm" a perfect score. But I would rate it right up there with the first "Halo", or the first "F.E.A.R." release. Those weren't perfect either but both introduced a fresh style of play that rocked the gaming frontiers of their day. Kudos to EA/EPIC/PCF for putting the FUN back into FPS! Expand
  6. Feb 26, 2011
    Take Serious sam, Duke nuken, mix it with Gears of war and you'll get the **** called Bulletstorm. It's - great, one of the best fps made, may be for years - full of action and fun. Why not to spend couple of hours and test PC version - is a great question for me? But console-port bugs and mouse sensitivity which is higher when you aim (OMG do they even play PC version?) is the only disappointing. Expand
  7. Feb 22, 2011
    This game is great.
    From the beginning of the game until the end it is a dirty, fast highway completly suffered with blood.
    It a game, you can forget about the story it´s some cheap revangestory about asspained spacemarines or something.
    The only things you will remember are the combat and the gameplay.
  8. Feb 23, 2011
    This game is amazing! There is so much depth in the skill-shot system and the Echo mode will have you come back and play over and over again. The team based MP mode is a lot of fun too. It changes up the rules by reward players for cooperating. Fantastic!
  9. Feb 22, 2011
    Mechanics, interface, weapon variety and the score challenge / kill with skill element make this a definite buy for anyone who fancies themselves as a bit tasty on FPS's. For the more casual gamer, the joy they'll take from this will also be one to remember.

If there's one thing I could add to the game? I'd steal autolog direct from NFSHP.

Great overhaul of the FPS genre; this new IP
    will run and run. Expand
  10. Feb 23, 2011
    It's hard for a fresh breeze in FPS nowadays, but Bulletstorm is definitely this kind of breeze. Astonishing graphics, interesting story and more and more absorbing climat, that's the game most important features. I prefer to spend 12h playing Bulletstorm than to play another World War game or a columbian forest adventure...
  11. Feb 23, 2011
    Head-blowing, ball-breaking, limb-tearing, MASS DESTRUCTION. These are just a couple of the things you will experience in Epic Games new release Bulletstorm. It doesn't quite have the same dark presence feel to it as Gears did, however it has double the blood! It's fast paced shooting feels perfect, and the combos are amazing! No time is wasted, when you run/slide around shooting/blowing up bad guys in the beautiful world of Bulletstorm!

Although a slacking multiplayer is unfortunately keeping this title from a perfect 10!
  12. Feb 27, 2011
    The most fun I've had in a first person shooter in a long time, if not ever. To get the obvious out of the way, sound, grafics and level design are superb, among the best you will find in any game. It's incredible with how much detail the levels are designed, which tend to be very colorful and atmospheric.

But what makes Bulletstorm truly great is it's gameplay. Take the fast paced action
    of Unreal and Quake, and mix it with hefty dose of Street Fighter 4's intricate strategies and combos and this is what you get. Instead of just sitting behind cover and dispatching one enemy after another, the game actively encourages you to setup devastating skillshots that can obliterate entire groups of enemies with a single shot. Each encounter is a puzzle to solve in the most efficient and brutal way.

Bulletstorm is just as much a twitch action game as it is a thinking man's game. Bulletstorm is very fresh in it's approach, but at the same time also very oldschool with it's arcade like approach, where it's not just about winning, but winning with style and getting the biggest highscore.

Bulletstorm is truly a gamer's game, much more than any Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield or Killzone.
  13. Mar 1, 2011
    So far this is the best FPS game of the year! This is one of very few games that I will play through many times. Ignore all of these people who are just haters. These same gamers vote negatively on almost everything. And 'kltpzyxm1953' don't worry about how long it took you to get through the game, we're all different and by the way I'm young and it took me almost as long to finish.
  14. Apr 4, 2012
    When I bought this game, I was unsure of what it would be like. I had heard people saying the storyline was weak and that the gameplay was boring. However, I found the game to be hugely entertaining. The point system made you want to play in a different way to how you would normally on an FPS. The pacing of how certain weapons got introduced was nice, allowing new weapons to be discovered right until the end, keeping experimentation alive. The on-screen HUD was also a nice touch, allowing you to never be too confused. I also found the humour placed between the characters funny, and not too stupid. On the other hand though, the controls for the PC were a little clunky - I wasn't able to jump over a wall that easily here and there, but nothing that truly frustrated me. The story was shorter than you might expect - about 9 hours of play, not always as long as some game campaigns are. Also, the story wasn't as strong as it could have been, I wasn't always entirely sure who was attacking me and why. Though, it mattered little as the plot of the whole game was clear, and the on-going action-packed scenes of gameplay, from a bursting dam to a toppling building to a huge dinosaur, were extremely fun to play. I would recommend this game to anyone thinking about buying it, especially as it is now selling online and in-stores cheaply - rarely above £10 (Or $15). Great game. Expand
  15. Aug 29, 2012
    I think Bulletstorm is a masterpiece that shines like a star through the insane catchy action which comes in a unique gaming mode: the "to kill with creativity" mode.: The more different manners are used the more skill points are earned for buying new weapons or for upgrading the yet claimed weapons. The game is pointed at the action it and on that point it's the best and most fun game to date. Bulletstorm is one of the few to let me replay the single player for more than 2 times (Played it 6 times by now and still wanting to play it.) The game just feels good, looks good and makes you have fun fun and more fun! Expand
  16. Dec 8, 2012
    Bulletstorm is very fun to play. Kill with Skill, why nobody had done this before? Although pretty blunt and really fun, this is the true successor of the late Duke Nukem. As weapons are quite different and as you choose from a selection at start-up, the game has a good replay value so you can start by choosing different weapons such as for instance the head trap of the Saw movie (and make it explode). Or take fireworks to see the guys fly and explode into beautiful sparks. Each impact on the enemy is managed as well so you can shoot any parts of the body and have a different reactions (and various bonuses). The game is not too repetitive either in terms of worlds and different enemies, and there's a background story to discover. In short, a game very cool game to let loose! Expand
  17. Feb 26, 2011
    This game isnt about story, its about kicking ass. It was a hell alot of fun and alot of detail for my computer to handle, and i would recommend this to anyone
  18. Mar 3, 2011
    First of all, I will tell you that bought this game and I am satisfied with what it has to offer. When I begun playing it it seemed like a standard first person shooter, but later events in the game convinced me that this is indeed a bit different from the rest. The game play is borderline survival, kind of like left4dead, because hoards of enemy attack you and you have to kill them fast before they kill you, but you are free to use your reflexes to spot pieces of the environment and your own tactics and gun skills to kill them in gruesome ways. The are bombs, cactuses, throwing off cliffs, electrocution, headshots, sniping, bombing, dropping things on them, kicking them into plants ect ect ect. But you do this at such a fast pace that blood and pieces of enemy splatter everywhere. There are also different types of enemies, ones that charge, one's that carry assault rifles, ones that ride helicopters, and even one's that attempt to strap bombs on you and blow you up. Anyway, it's all very fast paced and fun.

The one thing I like the most is that it is very runnable. I am playing it at 60fps with 8xaa on an aging quad core processor! I am glad that I do not have to upgrade anytime soon; and also a wireless xbox360 controller works like a charm, it even shows the buttons on screen and everything. The Storyline is linear...but like I said if you compare it to a game like l4d, which is also very linear, true, bu the sole purpose is to survive, same to some extent with this game, but made easier by upgrades as you go.
  19. Mar 11, 2011
    This game is simply fantastic. Really good graphics, nice sounds and music, but the most important aspect in Bullestorm is gameplay. It's incredible. Pacing is outstanding, skillshots are awesome and finally game is really fun. Must have for all FPS fans :)
  20. Oct 17, 2013
    What a great game this is. First person shooter but also a melee beat-em-up. Fantastic fun combos, superb graphics and as to the plot and characterization.. Well, it's like playing a John Carpenter movie from back when he was in his prime.
  21. Mar 9, 2011
    To summarize it, this is Borderlands meets Madworld on steroids. It's a linear, action-packed, face-paced shooter that scores you based your kills, similar to the mechanics in Madworld. You use these points to upgrade your guns, abilities, and buy ammo. You therefore have an incentive to combo together and search for new "skillshots" to gain points. Each skillshot was satisfying in its own right and you didn't have to go out of your way to achieve them. It adds a lot of complexity and depth to the game. The energy whip is an awesome core mechanic that's similar to the force. It's charge attack never gets old either. Each gun has a unique use and intensely fun to play. Unfortunately, you won't have enough time to thoroughly use them all. The game is pretty short, which is to be expected of a new IP, but it delivers a witty tongue-in-cheek characters and story. The story is mostly ignored in favor of awesome action sequences such as a giant flaming wheel in a rail sequence and a monstrous prehistoric mother pissed off at you. The ending is pretty abrupt but keeps players drooling for what's to come next. Expand
  22. Feb 25, 2011
    Stop using the unreal engine. Its an outdated piece of crap. It was outdated the moment Cryengine was created, and why people keep using it I will never know.
  23. Feb 26, 2011
    I'm an old man and not very good at most games. I had to play this game at the lowest setting and did not die too many times. Well, several times towards the end, but I finished the game. It took me 14 hours (I know...I said I'm old) and I have to say that I was very impressed! I purchased the Prima guide and reviewed it before and during the game and was able to get a lot more out of the game than I would have otherwise. Those who are giving this game a low rating are probably just rushing from point A to point B so fast that you can't possibly appreciate all of the differences and subtle nuances. Plus...the guide helps with Skillshots, Collectibles and Achievements. How about looking for the good in something rather than always looking for the bad? I really liked this game including the crude humor. I think it's a solid 10! Expand
  24. Mar 4, 2011
    Bulletstorm is everything you want in a shooter and more. Great graphics, amazing set-pieces, and adrenaline fueled action. Away with the standard aiming for the head like the majority of first-person shooters and bring on the skillshot system which is great for rewarding you with how inventive you can be with slaughtering the oncoming hordes. Nothing is more satisfying than seeing you setup a kill involving the deaths of 5+ enemies at once and seeing your entire screen explode with points which is used as currency for buying ammo and unlocking weapons and upgrades. I played the game on HARD which had the perfect balance of difficulty so that I could focus on killing things creatively just as equally as I had to focus on my own survival. The game has a great story, and the characters who at first may just seem to be loud, crass and two dimensional, slowly flesh out into surprisingly deep and likable characters. Bulletstorm is a lot more intelligent than it may appear to be, and at the end when the credits started rolling I was left wanting more. Expand
  25. Feb 28, 2011
    Awesome, mind-blowing game! I was really surprised how different and fresh is this game. Don't listen to the negative review. It's a fresh breeze in FPS genre and definitely worth playing.
  26. Mar 1, 2011
    Wonderful title. It concentrate on increasing personal skill to create most precise and deadly combos. Plus in multiplayer it forces You to work as a team. Solo actions are worth much less points. Many casual players will bounce off as they lack of skill but i can clearly recommend this game to all Pros. They will have a hell of a fun. Single player is enjoyable too. Storyline with a cool graphic and great ways of disposing enemy gives much more fun than casual games. Expand
  27. Mar 1, 2011
    Perfect game. Hard to write something new. For me it's kinda blast from the past. I really enjoy the game that provide fun instead of pathetic and "truly" patriotic chats... Love Bulletstorm for it's madness! Want MP in next part!
    There must be true MP!!!!
    nnanananannanaffdf saf f sadf g sgg aef g aew fae f wd **** g ads f adf gfw4rgg4 g 24 5rwfg wgsr f
  28. Mar 21, 2011
    Fantastic gameplay in the single player mode. The skillshot system works incredibly good. The co-op in multi is good, but it's a pity that there's no other multiplayer modes.
  29. Mar 19, 2011
    It definitely is Serious Sam meets Gears of War, but it was still a very satisfying experience. Great graphics (though with a very "Unreal" look to them). I even laughed out loud a few times.
  30. Nov 5, 2013
    Whip an enemy, send him flying into the air, just to get pierced by razor sharp spikes. BONUSPOINTS! Pull an enemy towards you, then kick him into the mouth of a flesh eating plant. BONUSPOINTS! Rip a fat guy' pants off and fire a charged shot at his furry little a**hole. BONUSPOINTS! Where other shooters thrive to be emotional and storydriven, and yet they fail, "Bulletstorm" wants to be an epic amount of fun and highly succeeds. One of my all time favorites. (Suck it, Decateron.) Expand
  31. Mar 4, 2011
    Full of action, novelty and fun plus its far longer than most of the FPS games in recent years - a Ripper and I dont even like the Unreal Engine - Strongly recommended if you want a good time and a laugh too!
  32. Mar 5, 2011
    Hello Friend, If you want to buy this game and the game like this one cheaply, there is a new trustable original game key web site, and recommend it to your friends. you can just visit it and see the prices ; just write "thebestcdkey" at google I recommend this page everyone.
    Hope it will help you. Thank youâ
  33. Mar 6, 2011
    Very good game, fast paced, great environmental scenes/effects (some of the best I've seen--grinder wheel anybody?). The combination system when you're fighting is pretty entertaining, especially when you get mass points for booting someone off a massive cliff, or leashing someone into a giant spike impaling them.
  34. Mar 11, 2011
    Game's just crazy! If you have even a bit of imagination, can entertain yourself - it's for you. First time for a few years I don't feel the game is using UE3 - I mean engine doesn't annoy me. Locations are various - for a 2-3 CoD's, at least. Yes, everything isn't too technological, but it's BEAUTIFUL. A lot of fun - I mean, besides dismembering enemies - a lot our good jokes, just in Duke style. Well, after Bulletstorm I don't care about what will happen with DNF. P.S. For me this game has only lack in music (music is good, but it became boring with time - like in DMC 4). Ah, yes GFWL. 'nuff said.
    Nothing more to tell, yeah
  35. Mar 14, 2011
    Please consider that I did play multiplayer a bit but not too long. I don`t go online when playing FPS games mostly.

As for everything else.
    Gameplay is quite addicting. I don`t have a problem with going throught the campaign once again. The humor is very good, a little too much swearing perhaps, but I still smiled alot. Gives the game a very specific taste. The weapons are quite nice -
    the player has just about every standard variation of a weapon from any other shooter. People Can Fly is just the group that excels in making original weapons and they didn`t do any worse in Bulletstorm. Dispatching enemies might be done in many many ways and is very entertaining. It`s worth noting that the first hour of singleplayer is a bit dull because one has only just about the standard assault rifle, but it gets interesting rather quickly. The game might feel repetitive at times though I don`t think the level of repetitivness ever gets any close to what Call of Duty games present. Also here we have many different enemy types, along with a big number of mini-bosses which is a very good thing. The big bosses pose a real challenge and take quite long to defeat. Overall the campaign feels Gears of Warish, FPP style and that also is a good thing. The maximum difficulty setting makes the game quite hard actually, something to be , again, considered in favor of the game. The graphics are very good, with few very beatiful sightseeing levels. The pace is fast and there is ever and moment of boredom.

I say get it. It is always the best if someone risks low sales and actually pushes out something orgininal and quite unique in its own form. For that I give Bulletstorm a 9 instead of 8.
  36. May 15, 2011
    Awesome big dumb fun! The graphics are top notch and the gameplay is addictive. But make no mistakes about it, this is a $40 game masquerading as a $60 title. Wait for it to go on sale on Steam before purchasing.
  37. Apr 5, 2011
    Bulletstorm is one of the most fun games I have played in a long time. Theres not much I can fault with Bulletstorm. The engine doesn't run quite as fast as it should but without any AA and on highest settings it still easily keeps at 60 on just a 6850/70. It looks great, nothing insane but some nice views and good effects, the story is solid, nothing ridiculous but it still has one which is better then most gameplay oriented games already. Then we come to the gameplay, this is where Bulletstorm shines, there really is nothing like it out there, if I were to compare i'd say Bioshock 1, simply cause of the huge amount of options you have when it comes to destroying your enemies, but Bulletstorm takes it a step further adding a 'rating' system that allows good soldiers to restock and bad ones to die. The more interesting your skillshots the more ammo and weapons you can buy. The guns are crazy, 4 barrel shotgun for example, and their charge shots are a load of fun, lots of environment kills as well and some epic boss battles.
    The game also has an Echo mode where you can replay the most action packed fight scenes for points to compete on leaderboards, and it also has an Anarchy mode which is up to 4 player co-op fighting against waves.
    I finished the game on normal, then immediately played all the echo missions then finished the game again on the hardest, and enjoyed every second the gameplay is that enjoyable that it last through 2.5 playthroughs without any break in between. In summary you have the best combat of any game i've ever played wrapped up in a decent story with a decent graphics engine and a very solid frustration free experience. One of my top 10 games for sure.
  38. Jan 6, 2012
    Incredible graphics, incredible controls. and incredible gameplay. Works very well on high on my 4 year old machine. I really enjoyed the storyline...
  39. May 17, 2011
    I 'd like to start off by saying that this game has something that many games are lacking these days, FUN. It brings a genuinely new and fresh vibe to the first person shooter,It feels great to control and has great graphics and art direction,many huge vistas to behold.Bulletstorm also has great setpieces,controlling a giant mechadinosaur is a great highlight.Coming from epic games and people can fly I wouldent expect any less,great job guys Expand
  40. Jan 4, 2012
    I picked this up on a recent steam sale for $5 bucks. 9/10. its genuinely FUN. Usually when i play an fps, its more like rush to the end to see the story, or to be relieved from playing a tense action sequence. In this game, you look forward to every new combat sequence.. rather than enemies to get out of your way, the mobs become little pawn pieces that you use to kill things in more creative ways. The action sequences also mix up the gameplay giving some nice variation to the bulk of the creative kill gameplay. Its so much fun! GRAPHICS: The graphics are beautiful and EPIC. very important, since from playing world of warcraft, i expect everything to be epic or its a letdown. There's a bunch of swearing in the game, but just ignore it. The great graphics, epicness of everything, and fun gameplay is worth the entry. Its also so refreshing that the game doesn't take itself seriously like COD etc. Oh yeah, wouldn't pay more than 10 bucks for this, as after a few replays, theres not much to keep you there. Just perfect out of the bargain bin though! Expand
  41. May 18, 2011
    I've waited for this game. This game is very very good, orginal - fresh and fun! Crass humor that's actually entertaining rather than annoying, placed at all the right times.
  42. May 22, 2011
    If there was a category of a most FUN game this would be a total winner of all times! In may not be a perfect game as a product (no co-op campaign or advanced multi). It may not be a perfect shooter in comparison with others (CoD, Battlefield). BUT it gave me a loads and loads of FUN to shoot, kill, and make fun of everybody and everything! :D
    It may be buggy, may not have the best dialogs
    BUT it's FUN to hear some sarcastic swearing! :)
    It may not have the level design of CoD or Portal 2 but... it's FUN to throw an enemy to a cactus! :D
  43. Vic
    Dec 8, 2011
    Great game! It has tons of laughable moments and at the same time it's some kind of drama. The characters are so unique and special, and it's very entertaining to listen to them talking during the gameplay and off course all the jokes that they make! Great story, great gameplay, great graphics and great characters! Great game!!!
  44. May 25, 2011
    Borderlands hangs out with Duke Nukem and Gears of War. Thoroughly enjoyed this shooter. Characters are fun and wonderfully offensive, just like the gameplay. I like how the bonus points for inventive evisceration of the poor bastards trying to fight you actually count towards upgrades. Loved the visuals, very nice graphics, kudos to Unreal Engine. Some simple puzzles, fun boss fights, minor plot holes which make the main hero look abit retarded, the fact I dont mind in the slightest. Theme park level was great. Loved the game, recommending to friends. Expand
  45. Dec 30, 2011
    What happens when you take familiar FPS elements and ideas and hit the 'ludicrous speed' button? You have a off-the-wall, full throttle, high octane, nitro infused blood bath! 'Bulletstorm' is just what the title implies and boy does it deliver. Tons of death, bullets, weapons, carnage and shload of expletives that would make Lenny Bruce and Red Fox blush. The visual are stunning with no performance issues. The sound is thunderous and well mixed. The story is engaging and entertaining. The voice-over acting is incredibly well-done. The weapon upgrades aren't over wrought with too little or too many options. The best thing for me was the Skillpoint system. The more creative a way you can kill an enemy the more points you get. I was laughing and cringing through the whole time. Better yet is the boot. Yes, the infamous boot melee. My god is it ever so much fun kicking someone off a cliff or into a mutated cactus. For all the whiners on here that didn't like this - you're phoney pansies that probably got put off by the colorful dialogue and gore. This ain't for the feint at heart. POW! Expand
  46. Jun 6, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a very intense action packed game! Lots of action, gore, and excessive swearing but on a PC platform you can toggle the language and gore. I personally love this game but i think that they could have done more with the multiplayer, maybe PvP matches and maybe even a co-op story line like Halo, or CoD 5.
    or maybe co-op Echo missions but otherwise its a very good game and i
    reccomend buying it! Expand
  47. Nov 7, 2011
    LOVE IT! Anyone saying this game sucks, has bad graphics or poor controls either doesn't play PC shooters, or has a really low grade computer. This game ROCKS! One of the favorites of all times. Single player is fun, and multiplayer Co-Op is even more fun! Blood, Gore, Fast paced action and skill combos not found in any other games. This game really forces you to get some skill and play cooperatively to advance to the next wave or enemies. Combos that must be done with at least 2 players to kill bad guys in certain gory and ruthless ways. If you are looking for a game to hop in and play for 10 minutes WATCH OUT! You will end up addicted and play for hours! Expand
  48. Apr 11, 2012
    I was really impressed by the Bulletstorm. Not that the game-play is great or executions feels awesome, it's just that general feel of the game is very good. It feels very opened even though it's simple "tunnel", mainly because of very nice landscape views. I like the style, graphics and even the killing and rewarding mechanics. It's simply one of the best shooters of 2011 to me.
  49. Aug 27, 2011
    This is one of the best PC action games you'll play. A purists video game and a spirited rebirth for over the top shooters that will appeal to anyone who loves the genre. People Can Fly have brought flair and creativity to the UT heritage with a new pallet of ideas that are both fresh and hugely enjoyable. The controls are fantastic and best suited to PC. Special mention must go to the sniper rifle: which is one of the most brilliant ideas I've ever seen in a shooter this past decade. Don't let the juvenile tone of the demo put you off as it becomes much more acceptable during the campaign. The narrative thread is weak and it has no aspirations to be a narrative driven game. Instead it surges forward with ridiculous set pieces and satisfying, robust game play mechanics. An action extravaganza and a real treat. Expand
  50. Aug 26, 2013
    Maybe you dont like the art style, maybe you dont like the fighting, maybe you dont like the characters or the story (you are wrong btw) But please for the love of potato chips try this game out and you will hear one of THE BEST musical scores to a computer game EVER! Pump up the music and watch the goosebumps grow!
  51. Sep 15, 2011
    Fantastically fun game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very dynamic and beautiful gameplay, cutscenes too wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)
  52. May 8, 2014
    This game is just so utterly fun to play! You're getting new weapons on quite a slow pace, but everything else rushes forward with a speed of light. It's an instant and constant action and you just wish there were more enemies you could send flying into electical installations, onto various spikes or cacti... simply, it's one hell of a fun to kill in this game. I love the views, graphics are amazing and everything feels very smooth. Plus it's full of humorous banter and filled with swearing and nasty characters. Just love it :) Expand
  53. Nov 21, 2013
    This game took me by surprise.
    It ripped my face off, shoved it up my backside, kicked me in my balls, then said get up and fight.
    I absolutely love the raw action and genuinely funny dialogue in this game, a top title for anyone who like this gameplay style.
    10/10 well done EPIC.
  54. Dec 3, 2011
    You know when someone tells a joke that is so hilarious but at the same time tasteless and revolting? Where half of the crowd are offended, one guy laughed and the rest went home, cried and wrote angry letters. This game is kind of like that. It's a relief from the tention-ridden politically correct games out there. The more people are offended, the better it is really. You're always gonna offend someone because not everybody is as awesome as us. Anyways, I totally loved this game. The laidback style, dirty dialogue and comical violence totally appealed to me. Sometimes it's just great to sit back and play a game where you don't feel you have to commit 100%. Where you leave realism behind and just do something crazy. Where the laws of physics don't apply and you don't spare anyone's feelings. This is a game I would play again, just to relax. Like picking up the controller to do some moves in Tony Hawk. Except in this game you pick up the controller, be badass, listen to hilarious dialogues and kill baddies in creative ways. Love it! Expand
  55. Apr 11, 2012
    Awesome and fun. Where else do you get to control a mechanical dinosaur! I have been gaming many years and I have truly enjoyed this game. Buy it you won't regret it.
  56. Jul 7, 2012
    I have to say this was a bargain for
  57. Jun 2, 2012
    I truly enjoyed this game and quite honestly do not understand the bad reviews. The gameplay was solid and fresh and felt like a new experience. The story was a bit 'meh' but the amazing and unique scenarios and environments were fantastic and engaging. Also, the humor was the kind of awesome nonsense i would expect in more games. The devs weren't afraid to go overboard on dick jokes, and i respect them for that. It felt more realistic that way, knowing i would probably say the same thing in that scenario. Overall, the game was enjoyable and looking back at all the fun parts of the game i realize this game deserves an excellent rating. Expand
  58. Jun 28, 2012
    awesome game,best free your mind and shoot game ever,good graphics,great characters and incredible sound,my opinion best game so far by unreal engine3
  59. Jul 21, 2012
    Echt ein hammer Spiel , sehr witzig gemacht ! ^^
  60. Mar 10, 2013
    This game is good and very fun. Kill with the skill to win=) I did also like graphics and plot. Unreal Engine 3 may be old but the game looks good even in 2013. This game is short- but i cannot decide if it's for bad or for good. I guess it's better this way otherwise it could became long and boring
  61. Sep 27, 2013
    How did I not hear about this before now?! Bulletstorm is the greatest game of all time. It's a classic shooter in the Doom/Serious Sam tradition, featuring incredibly fun gunplay, great weapons, an awesome combo system, gorgeous environments, and hilarious dialog. Go buy this game right now!
  62. Aug 14, 2014
    This is a rude crude shooting game. The weapons are unique and the gameplay is just crazy fun. The whip ability adds a lot of gameplay elements and they have tons of ways to kill your enemies. It just feels so satisfying to hit a guy with bola grenades and kick him into a group of his friends before detonating them.
  63. Dec 31, 2013
    I am having some bombastic ceinamatic fun at the moment with Bulletstorm. The game has no depth but that's the point. And they have so much fun with it. And to add insult to injury for everyone who takes shooters too seriously, this is probably the most competent shooting I ever experienced. It sure beats borderlands 2, bioshock 1, Crysis 2 and Metro 2033, Rage. I still find Half Life's 2 shooting phenominal though, tight and responsive and I really enjoy the shooting of Bioshock 2 and Infinite (which is very similar from one another) so lets say its on par for the shooting aspect as it is with the Darkness 2 which it shares a lot with. Its creative and colourful too and bombastic, just the way I like it. I really liked doing combos in Bioshock Infinite, Madworld and Darkness 2, so what I am given here is perfect. I also like how there are different approaches to enemy types. My favourite weapon is the shotgun and the grenade chain, I like how they offer great combos, which is something the sniper rifle doesnt have (though this is a great sniper rifle too). I like how the game works beyond the mechanics of a shooter. Ammo and upgrades are determined by your skill. You can go through the game with your assault rifle, but being creative offers even more opportunities to be creative and helps you not run out of ammo either. I love how the game had a simple plan in mind and executed it with such style. I do find it far too linear to the point where it feels like an on rails shooter at times (which it actually becomes a few times through the game), but that just makes me appreciate other games which others might beleive to be too linear like the Bioshock and Dead Space games.

And oddly enough, another shooter this reminds me of, for art style and pace is Spec Ops the Line (although the Darkness 2 is its closest gameplay cousin). Yeah, bet you didnt see that coming. They are actually very very similar in the way the story and goals function. Its a ravaged city that was once vibrant and the bright colours of the interiors contrast with the yellow sand and ruins. Your goal is to get to a military figure and you have to brav through the hoards to get there. It feels direct and purposeful which is great because the whole point of the game was to make fun of some of these aspects of other games and it came before Spec Ops! (both also have a helicopter turret section although one has a dinosaur in that scene as well).
  64. Dec 27, 2013
    wow what a game so much to love. The look of the game is beautiful. the gameplay addictive between a variety of weapons, entertaining characters with witty dialogue and a range of ways to kill the many enemies you encounter on the hostile planet with some tough end of level bosses the plant boss being the hardest in my opinion. yes the setting up of a windows live account is annoying but does not detract from the appeal of the actual game. this game cost me £7.50 and worth every penny for my pc. Steam last I saw have a demo of the game for free so you can see for yourself what you are getting before you pay anything for it so you can make up your own mind about if it is worth spending money on this game. Now I just wondering what game to play next? Expand
  65. Aug 29, 2014
    It's just perfect. Visuals are booming and fun, tie that in with stellar controls and unique gameplay and you have a hit. Too bad sales were only mediocre, so a second Bulletstorm might never come.
  66. Oct 11, 2014
    Graphics - 8/10
    Gameplay - 10/10
    Story - 7/10
    - Overall - 9/10
    .....................................................................
    Amazing!!! FUN!! Badass!! -

1. Apr 18, 2011
    Bulletstorm is perfectly designed to appeal to the 14 year old boys who can't buy it because it's rated MA15+. [May 2011, p.64]
    While not a game that would alter the flow of history, Bulletstorm proved to be very pleasant and an extremely aberrant surprise not lacking the ability of self-irony. [Mar 2011]
  3. Apr 4, 2011
    If you are looking for a simple and entertaining shooter, that's not a Call of Duty clone, which offers lots of humour and a great story, Bulletstorm could be for you.