Bully: Scholarship Edition PC

7.5

1. Nov 20, 2013
    Although the characters are all fantastically built up and the dialogue is actually funny; unfortunately the game feels repetitive, small and often quite a boring experience… Don’t get me wrong I picked this up in the sales for a quid or two and based on the fact I played the game through, it’s definitely value for money! However, the only thing that kept me interested was the quirkyAlthough the characters are all fantastically built up and the dialogue is actually funny; unfortunately the game feels repetitive, small and often quite a boring experience… Don’t get me wrong I picked this up in the sales for a quid or two and based on the fact I played the game through, it’s definitely value for money! However, the only thing that kept me interested was the quirky characters and the dialogue! The game also seems to suffer from a rather average draw distance, with no slider to increase this, which is one of the biggest gripes I have with it… The city is also quite small, which I guess was to be expected but it lacked any real depth and certainly didn’t enhance the experience! All in all it was a decent game but it just felt like GTA aimed at younger audiences! Expand
  2. Aug 20, 2013
    a real funny innovative and new style game this game has really funny and entertaining missions the story is fine but what is bad about this game are the controls they're really bad that ruined the game for me but in the end it is really good
  3. Jul 19, 2013
    first things first: I DO love this game!

...but, it IS an EXTREMELY BAD port from console to PC. it really is a shame if this game would have better controlls and tweakable graphics, it would be one of rockstars very best games! but the bad port quite ruins it, I'll have to admit that. - controls: clunky and overall bad. without an original pre-mapped xbox 360 controller,
    first things first: I DO love this game!

...but,

it IS an EXTREMELY BAD port from console to PC.

but the bad port quite ruins it, I'll have to admit that.

- controls: clunky and overall bad.
    without an original pre-mapped xbox 360 controller, this game is literally UNPLAYABLE and I don't mean "too hard to learn", I mean literally unplayable!

- graphics: ugly textures that looked bad on consoles and haven't been changed.
    also it looks (and FEELS!) like it is locked at 30 FPS.

I would say this game were a solid 8 or even a 9, if it weren't for these two very negative points!

apart from lousy graphics and a sub-par port, I enjoyed this game a lot.

lessons are annoying mini-games, which isn't as bad as it sounds and gym-class is funny all the way.
    characters are caricatures all seen millions of times, but these clichees are what made this game so charming for me, I really enjoyed it kind of like a "Ferris Bueler(?)/Parker Lewis" simulator.
  4. Feb 22, 2013
    It's a really fun game, The keyboard controls are a bit awkward but you can change them I really had fun with this one. although the classroom mini games are a bit repetitive same with some of the missions but it is still a wonderful game.
  5. Aug 29, 2012
    Bully for PC is similar to the Wii port in many ways. It has a terrible control scheme and has no graphical upgrade to speak of, hell it even looks worse. The game retains the tongue in cheek story and excellent...well everything but is hampered yet again by poor keyboard & mouse support and awful visuals.
  6. AWG
    Aug 12, 2013
    I couldn't enjoy this game as much as I wanted, mostly because of the terrible graphics and control scheme. Also, no Steam achievements make Bully a dull game experience. Yes, you can freely roam around the interesting world (a school campus) and yes, there are many blabbering characters but without any in-game gratification you get bored veeery soon.
  7. Jun 11, 2014
    What is the point of making a game where all you do is beat up bullies? The gameplay is boring and repetitive, the cutscenes are ugly and dried-out looking, and the game is much too short. Not worth your time or money. Could have been good, but very flawed.
  8. JonasNielsen
    Nov 22, 2008
    This is probably the worst port I have ever played. Every single aspect of the game has been ruined by this. The graphics performance is terrible compared to other games of the same quality, the controls are horrible and it is obvious that no Rockstar Games has put no effort whatsoever in making the gameplay just the least fit for PC.
    That put aside, the game is very entertaining, but
    That put aside, the game is very entertaining, but it's just not worth it to put with the terrible port job.
  9. Aug 13, 2013
    I picked this up from Green Man Gaming the other day for a couple dollars, and am pleased that I did. This game has aged well, and is still a lot of fun. It doesn't trump the GTA series but it also doesn't try to. It just finds its own niche alongside its Rockstar brother. The story is solid, the humor is funny although sometimes juvenile and the game play is decent, but it all works wellI picked this up from Green Man Gaming the other day for a couple dollars, and am pleased that I did. This game has aged well, and is still a lot of fun. It doesn't trump the GTA series but it also doesn't try to. It just finds its own niche alongside its Rockstar brother. The story is solid, the humor is funny although sometimes juvenile and the game play is decent, but it all works well together. As many have pointed out the control scheme is a bit haphazard, which is the same with 90% of 3rd person games on PC, and you would do well to get yourself a gamepad. Expand
  10. May 7, 2011
    If you ever think to buy this game simply because it came from Rockstar, and you're expecting a deep, engaging plot like in the GTA and Max Payne series, or maybe a Crows Zero style storytelling, don't buy this game. This game has an absolutely ridiculous plot. It's fine if you just want to play as a weekend time-waste, but generally there's little reason to play Bully. After playing theIf you ever think to buy this game simply because it came from Rockstar, and you're expecting a deep, engaging plot like in the GTA and Max Payne series, or maybe a Crows Zero style storytelling, don't buy this game. This game has an absolutely ridiculous plot. It's fine if you just want to play as a weekend time-waste, but generally there's little reason to play Bully. After playing the game I ended up thinking who should be playing this game. Adults? No, it's too childlish. Small kids? The game's too rough for them. Expand
  11. K.Richardson
    Oct 2, 2009
    It's true the port is terrible, and the opening movie broke up several times on my ATI Radeon HD 2600. But the graphics problems did not continue into the game.

I actually removed the game from my computer after being soundly beaten by bullies, struggling with difficult controls, etc. Then overnight, it grew on me, and I put it back, deciding to explore and go to class, rather than face my assigned "activity". So far, it's nicely unpredictable and amusing. Since it's being pretty heavily discounted in stores, I'd say it was a reasonable deal. It's certainly "different".
  12. Sep 16, 2014
    Bully is a late night snack made from Grand Theft Auto III leftovers. Rockstar did both games, and the latest patch runs perfectly on Windows 8. I better enjoy the writing, stereotypes, and caricatures in Bully more now than when I first played it.
  13. Apr 30, 2012
    I give this game a seven because after tweaking around with some notably uncomfortable pre-set control schematics and mouse sensitivity, i found this to be an enjoyable game.

I really cant see what the others talk about when they say that the game crashes and whatnot, because it plays perfectly fine in all areas for me, and im on a laptop. The storyline is mildly entertaining, only

The storyline is mildly entertaining, only look at it from an adolecent perspective, and dont expect any fludity throughout the game's story, Rather;look at each mission as it's own seperate story, with a few chaining together.

Overall its a goofy game with some serious porting issues, but once you hack and type through those issues, Bully:scholarship edition is an okay-game to pass the time.
  14. Jan 8, 2014
    Great freedom and great fun rock star game down and sound, but the game play and a lot of unfortunate bugs that can not be said besides the 2008 graphics as the game came out in the year compared to the dead space, and so on.
  15. Nov 1, 2016
    A kinda unique game with a not so good PC port. Bad out of the way first, game is capped at 30 fps on by default and overall dont feel like a step up from PS2 version with poor graphics and controls that dont work so well on mouse and keyboard. Skating especialy will make your fingers hurt from constant mashing the key. Plz play this on controller if you can.

Game itself feels like a

Game itself feels like a watered down non violent GTA, but theres still enjoyment to be had even if youre a hardcore GTA player. Playing out all the nasty stuff you dreamed about during school but never had the guts to do, or simply play out the stereotypes from american pop culture school movies is very fun. The plot itself isnt anything special, i didnt felt attached to any of its characters. Open world you play in is fairly small, and if you could jack cars it would feel microscopic compared to even GTA III's Liberty City. Its also very restrictive on where you can go and not.

Bully's biggest problem is that it's a shoddy port job, rife with technical missteps that wouldn't warrant comment if they weren't so profoundly damaging to the game.
    Uninspired classroom minigames and PC-specific porting and performance problems continue to frustrate our experience with the game, but never so much that we weren't willing to load it back up again to uncover the next chapter of the story.
  3. Welcome to Bullworth Academy, a melting pot of high school stereotypes. Outsiders are making plans to rule the world, teachers terrorize their pupils, sports aces and rock 'n rollers try to impress the girls while the posh students wrinkle their nose. While the GTA-style game itself is well done, the technical conversion to the PC is a bit sloppy. Should you ever be asked why video games are a cultural asset, show them Bully.