7.4

1. Mar 6, 2012
    MOST UNDERRATED GAME EVER!!!!!!

I just dont get how can people dislike this game.. It AMAZING! The story is really, the characters are really likeable, and the game is FUN,, i recommend this game to EVERYONE!
  2. Jul 24, 2011
    A nasty port, I did attempt to play Bully despite its technical flaws but got so irritated by the characters, story and, well, everything ... that little remained to warrant continued investigation.
  3. Oct 17, 2013
    I think of this as Grand Theft Auto meets Skool Daze. Given that both are great games it hardly surprising that mixing these two classics make another great game
  4. Aug 29, 2012
    Bully for PC is similar to the Wii port in many ways. It has a terrible control scheme and has no graphical upgrade to speak of, hell it even looks worse. The game retains the tongue in cheek story and excellent...well everything but is hampered yet again by poor keyboard & mouse support and awful visuals.
  5. Feb 22, 2013
    It's a really fun game, The keyboard controls are a bit awkward but you can change them I really had fun with this one. although the classroom mini games are a bit repetitive same with some of the missions but it is still a wonderful game.
  6. Apr 23, 2011
    Poor port. Can't setup my controller. It doesn't have calibration settings at all. There are also fewer buttons on a "PS3 style" controller than what are needed to perform all the actions, which is very strange... Expect to use the keyboard and mouse if you get this..
  7. Mar 29, 2012
    This should be a movie, not a game; and it would still be pretty bad if it were a movie. The problem is that it's based on school cliches and as a result of something boring, the gameplay was sloppily put together. I recommend this to someone who wants something new but isn't very critical. However, anyone else stay away.
  8. Mar 6, 2012
    MOST UNDERRATED GAME EVER!!!!!!

One of the BEST games ever.. Simply AMAZING! The story is really, the characters are really likeable, and the game is FUN,, i recommend this game to EVERYONE!
  9. Nov 22, 2011
    Horrible graphics, lacking plot line, bad character developement is what makes this horrible game an outcast of all Rockstars products. And whats sad, is i heard number 2 is coming. OH GOD NO! Please do not buy this trash of a game. Use the money on obscure 1 or 2, gta IV, or something decent.
  10. Mar 29, 2013
    This game really doesn't want me to like it. This game is a pretty bad console port with tons of issues that i wont be able to bring up. Most noticeable would be the 30 fps-cap, and the annoying controls. Add to that frequent crashes, unskippable cutscenes, no autosaves and fixed save points and you get a formula for a bad time. And as it happens i am not entirely in love with the general gameplay either. The combat is easy, boring and unsatisfying. The stealth missions are just plain horrible. The bikes arent all that fun to use making the getting from point A too point B quite boring. Failure often forces you to replay needless bits and there are some silly reasons for failure in this game that can get a bit annoying. There is also a lot of quite boring missions in this game that centers around the same boring mechanic over and over again which makes the game a bit repetitive. Now the campaign took me around 14 hours to complete and you might wonder why i bothered completing it since i havent done anything else than whine so far. Well the reason is that the game is quite charming. I really like the setting and the story, characters and character interactions are quite charming. And i found myself getting quite immersed in the game-world from time to time despite all my problems with the game. These times are however too few and too short for me to recommend this game. The most common emotion this game managed to generate from me is pure frustration and that is never a good sign. So i do not recommend this game despite its charm. Its simply too rough around the edges for me to do that. Expand
  11. Mar 2, 2013
    This game has a horrible game play, with the main gripe being a lousy control of the character. Even after tweaking the controls it's barely playable. Graphics is not great but acceptable and story appeared nice for as long as I could bare the controls.
  12. Jul 19, 2013
    first things first: I DO love this game! ...but, it IS an EXTREMELY BAD port from console to PC. it really is a shame if this game would have better controlls and tweakable graphics, it would be one of rockstars very best games! but the bad port quite ruins it, I'll have to admit that. - controls: clunky and overall bad. without an original pre-mapped xbox 360 controller, this game is literally UNPLAYABLE and I don't mean "too hard to learn", I mean literally unplayable!

- graphics: ugly textures that looked bad on consoles and haven't been changed.
    also it looks (and FEELS!) like it is locked at 30 FPS.

I would say this game were a solid 8 or even a 9, if it weren't for these two very negative points!

apart from lousy graphics and a sub-par port, I enjoyed this game a lot.

lessons are annoying mini-games, which isn't as bad as it sounds and gym-class is funny all the way.
    characters are caricatures all seen millions of times, but these clichees are what made this game so charming for me, I really enjoyed it kind of like a "Ferris Bueler(?)/Parker Lewis" simulator.
  13. Apr 13, 2013
    A great game, I enjoyed the story and the gameplay, the characters are fun, free roam are full of animation. A beautiful game.
  14. AWG
    Aug 12, 2013
    I couldn't enjoy this game as much as I wanted, mostly because of the terrible graphics and control scheme. Also, no Steam achievements make Bully a dull game experience. Yes, you can freely roam around the interesting world (a school campus) and yes, there are many blabbering characters but without any in-game gratification you get bored veeery soon.
  15. Jun 11, 2014
    What is the point of making a game where all you do is beat up bullies? The gameplay is boring and repetitive, the cutscenes are ugly and dried-out looking, and the game is much too short. Not worth your time or money. Could have been good, but very flawed.
  16. Nov 20, 2013
    Although the characters are all fantastically built up and the dialogue is actually funny; unfortunately the game feels repetitive, small and often quite a boring experience… Don’t get me wrong I picked this up in the sales for a quid or two and based on the fact I played the game through, it’s definitely value for money! However, the only thing that kept me interested was the quirky characters and the dialogue! The game also seems to suffer from a rather average draw distance, with no slider to increase this, which is one of the biggest gripes I have with it… The city is also quite small, which I guess was to be expected but it lacked any real depth and certainly didn’t enhance the experience! All in all it was a decent game but it just felt like GTA aimed at younger audiences! Expand
  17. Jan 3, 2014
    One of the most underrated games It's got an great story awesome gameplay and a big world
    Only problem is PC optimization on newer systems which was chaotic until the patch
  18. Jun 5, 2014
    This game has to be the most underrated games of all time after Just cause 2. The PC version might be a little bit badly ported but the game has that F#CK SCHOOL atmosphere and i just love it! The map is not Extremely big but it still has a lot of things to explore. if your interested in GTA you will love this game. Definitely try this one out.
  19. Aug 13, 2013
    I picked this up from Green Man Gaming the other day for a couple dollars, and am pleased that I did. This game has aged well, and is still a lot of fun. It doesn't trump the GTA series but it also doesn't try to. It just finds its own niche alongside its Rockstar brother. The story is solid, the humor is funny although sometimes juvenile and the game play is decent, but it all works well together. As many have pointed out the control scheme is a bit haphazard, which is the same with 90% of 3rd person games on PC, and you would do well to get yourself a gamepad. Expand
  20. Jul 3, 2013
    This was easily one of my favorite games on my Ps2, and i really enjoyed playing it on the PC as well.
    The Scholarship Edition adds a few new missions (Nothing major), some new school classes and improved graphics (As compared to the Ps2 version). I found the story enjoyable, and i loved the atmosphere surrounding the game. The game is best played with an Xbox 360 controller, but the
    Keyboard controls are fine as well. Expand
  21. Feb 22, 2011
    Grand Theft Auto, but with kids. Sure, the classes are a pain in the ass, and I'm still stuck on English 4, but the missions are funny, and there's a bunch of things you can do besides go to school. The graphics are dated, but keep in mind that this is an old game. All in all, this is a must buy for any Rockstar fan.
  22. May 7, 2011
    If you ever think to buy this game simply because it came from Rockstar, and you're expecting a deep, engaging plot like in the GTA and Max Payne series, or maybe a Crows Zero style storytelling, don't buy this game. This game has an absolutely ridiculous plot. It's fine if you just want to play as a weekend time-waste, but generally there's little reason to play Bully. After playing the game I ended up thinking who should be playing this game. Adults? No, it's too childlish. Small kids? The game's too rough for them. Expand
  23. Sep 16, 2014
    Bully is a late night snack made from Grand Theft Auto III leftovers. Rockstar did both games, and the latest patch runs perfectly on Windows 8. I better enjoy the writing, stereotypes, and caricatures in Bully more now than when I first played it.
  24. Mar 9, 2012
    Bully is not GTA in a school campus just like RDR is not GTA in the old wild west. Bully is it's own game, and it's story plays out remarkably well. There is only one bad thing about this port: the control scheme. It is one of the first, if not the first game where Rockstar implements the XBox360 controller alongside keyboard controls, and it shows when trying to play with the keyboard. But apart from that, is a gaming experience not to be missed. The world doesn't feel as big and complex as it's contemporary GTA games (San Andreas), but there's a lot to do in it, even with the lackluster number of vehicles (a few types of pedal-bikes, a kart and wheelboard). The weapons in other games here became improvised "tools" like marbles, rotten eggs, fire-crackers and spud-guns, and the campus is just part of the game, with a (small) city waiting for Jimmy to evade into. Expand
  25. Mar 23, 2012
    It's rare that a developer goes from make a adult game about crime with very adult themes. To making a game about a high school kid who moves to a school for child delinquents and socially challenged kids, but in a lot of ways Bully is like a GTA. For example Bully is a giant open world with stuff to collect, bike races to do, arcade games to play, and much more to just kind of find.The mission structure is very similar to GTA, you do a bunch of work for one of the factions;like the jocks or the nerds, and the more the more you do work for one faction it can effect your standing with others. Which in turn can effect the way some of the people treat you at school. The combat is very similar but instead of machine guns and rocket launches. Your playing with slingshots and stink bombs. There are also a lot of things that are different about Bully that really makes it feel like your in high school it feel very structured, but that's not a bad thing at all. Like you have classes two times a day everyday until you pass the highest level of that class, and of you don't go the prefects or any adult of authority. All the classes have there own perks like one of the classes shows you where all the collectibles, and unlike the protagonists in GTA jimmy is 15 and needs his sleep so if your out past 2 you just pass out on the spot which can make some night missions feel a little too time restrictive.
    The story starts you out in a car ride with you and your mom and what seems to be your new stepdad. They then drop you off in the front of Bullyworth academy where you meet the principle and some of the teacher, but the fun starts to come in when you go to your dorm room and meet your new friend Gary, who is a sociopath, i don't know how else to put it.You soon start to become manipulated by him, and you two soon go your separate ways and you start to see less and less of him. You then start to do work for the other factions of the school. Playing Bully it kind of puts you back and makes you think about your time in high school, I know the archetypes aren't as plain and simple as they are in Bully but it does a great job of boiling a lot of the high school experience down to a 20 hour game.
    Then there are a few technical issues with bully I didn't really have too many other then the game crash on me a couple of times, and that just sucks after that happened for the first time a started saving much more frequently. I can't really say definitely how the game will turn out for you, but it didn't seem to bad. From my experience with it. Over all the game is well made but parts of it just seem kind of repetitive and broken;overall though I think it's a great game.
  26. Apr 30, 2012
    I give this game a seven because after tweaking around with some notably uncomfortable pre-set control schematics and mouse sensitivity, i found this to be an enjoyable game.

I really cant see what the others talk about when they say that the game crashes and whatnot, because it plays perfectly fine in all areas for me, and im on a laptop.

The storyline is mildly entertaining, only
    look at it from an adolecent perspective, and dont expect any fludity throughout the game's story, Rather;look at each mission as it's own seperate story, with a few chaining together.

Overall its a goofy game with some serious porting issues, but once you hack and type through those issues, Bully:scholarship edition is an okay-game to pass the time.
  27. May 16, 2012
    One of the best games I have ever played, fulfilling to play it for hours on end and has a great story arc. Characters are fantastic and hilarious! Really underrated game!
  28. May 21, 2012
    Porting issues. A well known term of our age. But with this game we had no real performance or stability issues. The key is: Reviewers who played the game on another platform remember the controls, how natural it feels to control the game. But when you see a PC port, everything is different. You have to aim, you have new controls and more. It isn't bad. Except for some mouse gesture like controls (lockpicking) the controls can feel natural for a PC Gamer. The story, the mood is nice, but sadly something is missing. While you have classes, you don't have radio. And while it is easy to play music in backgrund, you won't have talk shows, commercials, etc. and in a GTA like game we just love commercials. We recognize how American companies advertise, we hear a similar add and laugh. This is how we feel the world of GTA as our World. Bully isn't only smaller, but it isn't as detailed as most GTA titles, and this feels. It is a more than decent game. The issues aren't serious. But from Rockstar you would expect a bit more. Expand
  29. Feb 12, 2013
    a twist to the GTA themed games, it invovles a highschool boy and how his school like turns out is up to you. I wouldn't say this is better than GTA but it is a nice change. you will have to go to classes and play mini games which is interesting a bit. although if you fail to go to class you have to do chores...which gets boring fast. lots of the missions are kinda repetitive and only a few are fun to play. no guns and stealing cars, so you have to use more of your wit and basic weapons like slingshots and stealing bikes...overall story is decent, you go and change the school basically. Expand
  30. Aug 20, 2013
    a real funny innovative and new style game this game has really funny and entertaining missions the story is fine but what is bad about this game are the controls they're really bad that ruined the game for me but in the end it is really good
  31. RSL
    Apr 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What can i say about this game that has not already been said? Not to much, this game is a hands down classic in every sense of the word, and still will be.
    Story:7/10
    The reason I'm giving the story a seven, is because there is not to much detail about Jimmy, and why he is going to bullworth, all we have is that he has a mean step dad and he is a trouble maker, we don't know WHAT he did

Characters:10/10
    Why am i giving this a high rating you ask? Because all the characters are unique in their own way. Lets take Russel for example, he is a thug [Spoilers ahead] who in the end, turns out to be a loving person.

Missions:9/10
    The reason i am giving this a nine is only because of the seasons. I never did like the idea of seasons in video games, but i absolutely HATED the winter season. From the tagging mission to the drunk Santa, the missions are also qwerky and replayabe

Graphics:10/10
    [Nothing to say here]

Ending:8/10
    In the end, you confront the bully Garry, who insults you as you chase him,
    Garry has a plan to take over bullworth, while Jimmy thinks other,
    Russel helps you, and a expelled student comes back.
    Garry gets expelled, and the principle is no longer on jimmy tail about anything.
  32. Apr 29, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game. It has good characters, cool missions, a nice story and funny dialogues. Also, they did a very good job with the soundtrack. A must-buy for GTA fans.
  33. Jul 3, 2013
    One of my favorite games, I remember this as a child :D Way better than GTA IV in my opinion. Too bad they didn't make Bully 2, really was looking forward to it
  34. Jul 18, 2013
    I approve of this game, it is a good game and I like it because I learnt how to bully people and now I have become the school bully, even the teachers are afraid of me. However there is one person who is not, Harry Lamond
  35. Mar 15, 2014
    The game itself is wonderful, no doubt. And when I started to play this PC edition(back in 2012), the much-complained crash issues were already totally solved by patches. It's perfect.
  36. May 24, 2014
    First off I want to say that I didn't experience any bugs in this game, except for one Townie mission where the audio just cut out and spluttered intermittently. Yeah, I played this with the controller though, so there may be problems on mouse and keyboard that I'm not aware of.

Anyway, this game is great, and is up there in terms of Rockstar Games' quality. The setting is so creative -
    it's not just GTA with a facelift and a young protagonist - you feel like you're part of the school. Going to class is actually fun (except Shop cos for some reason the game thinks I'm NOT turn LS counter-clockwise....arghh), and while I was truant a lot, it was never a chore to abandon missions to go to class.

Characters - great, I liked the character of Jimmy, as well as the faction leaders; Johnny and Earnest mainly. Jimmy himself is a dick, but he knows it, and he doesn't ever act so maturely that his age doesn't make sense. Gary...well. you don't really see him much, but he is an interesting douchebag when you do.
    The missions were probably the highlight of the game: doing GTA-like things like drive-bys, punchups, and fetch quests with a kid-like twist. Gameplay was always solid, and I liked being able to bust out the skateboard to go somewhere instead of worrying about cars. Most of these missions have parts that are a nod to adults, especially Mr Burton's and that lunchlady's missions (people who have played it know what I mean).

Finally, the environment of Bullworth and its surrounding towns was surprisingly rich. I found myself wondering if they scaled down the town because without a car, you wouldn't travel around it so fast. This is probably why they squeezed in more detail...and when I found myself on a moped, my suspicions were confirmed. Didn't really feel the urge to explore it outside of missions, though.

Yeah, so, Bully's a great game if you want to feel nostalgic over your New England school days, as well as beat up some preppies and nerds, GTA-style. I'd give it 8.5/10.
  37. Dec 17, 2013
    Man, I cannot believe some of the people who gave this game a bad review. This was one of the best GTA style games I have played. The Graphics and gameplay are just ok but it the game is extremly fun to play. The charecters are really likeable and has one of the funniest story lines I have ever seen. I would defenatly recommend this game to anyone who is looking for a good game.

Graphics: 7
    Sound: 9
    Gamplay: 6
    Fun: 10
  38. Dec 28, 2013
    Even to this day, Bully is a great game. The story was a bit lacking, but it did not sway me from the fun and satisfaction of its core game-play. Sure, popular series like GTA, has much more freedom in terms of exploration, weapons and vehicles, but is nothing compared to shooting slingshots and using every-day tools as weapons. Bully is a much more relateable game that sets the players inside the shoes of a new kid in a school filled stereotypical groups of friends, and most significantly, the big bad bullies themselves. This fact by itself enhances the gaming experience tremendously, it was the first game I didn't compel myself to stop taking break, and to get back into the game. I had completely lost myself into the game. Playing through the game from beginning to end felt more of a pleasure and privilege rather than a checked spot off my Completed Games" list. Expand
  39. Jan 8, 2014
    Great freedom and great fun rock star game down and sound, but the game play and a lot of unfortunate bugs that can not be said besides the 2008 graphics as the game came out in the year compared to the dead space, and so on.
  40. Feb 9, 2014
    Any rating under 8 is crap if you say it glitches then you sir or mistress have a crappy computer. Bully is amazing and i have to admit it is goes up there with JC2 and not too far below GTA IV or V
  41. Mar 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love Bully its fun and a gta game for kids. Its the the first rockstar game i played and still my fav game to date. The twist in the 1st chapter where garry betrays you AMAZING. But its opinion and i accept that. The soundtrack is stupendous with perfect music by Shaun Lee Expand
  42. Oct 31, 2014
    Rockstar games are just unbelievable cool !!! This is such a great game and it took me 5 years to find it, i did not know about this game before. Truly great !!! ROCKSTAR RULES !!!
  43. Jun 15, 2014
    one of the best open world games and should even cost more.............................................................................................
  44. Sep 19, 2014
    This game is awesome, it is really fun and worth the money. Why did I not give it a 10? Because the controls are really something you need to get used to and the port is bad but after you get used to the controls its a really fun game to play!

Bully's biggest problem is that it's a shoddy port job, rife with technical missteps that wouldn't warrant comment if they weren't so profoundly damaging to the game.
    Uninspired classroom minigames and PC-specific porting and performance problems continue to frustrate our experience with the game, but never so much that we weren't willing to load it back up again to uncover the next chapter of the story.
  3. Welcome to Bullworth Academy, a melting pot of high school stereotypes. Outsiders are making plans to rule the world, teachers terrorize their pupils, sports aces and rock 'n rollers try to impress the girls while the posh students wrinkle their nose. While the GTA-style game itself is well done, the technical conversion to the PC is a bit sloppy. Should you ever be asked why video games are a cultural asset, show them Bully.