8.5

1. KielR.
    Mar 22, 2008
    Nothing to say! JUST GREAT GAME!
  2. Bangell
    Mar 25, 2008
    The single player is thrilling. The multiplayer, however, is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! As you complete achievements, win matches, and gain kills, you'll unlock new weapons, perks and equipment. I got to level 18 (that's about halfway) in a single evening. You can take any role in a variety of game modes. Don your ghillie suit, and snipe from the tall grass, clear out campers with a The single player is thrilling. The multiplayer, however, is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! As you complete achievements, win matches, and gain kills, you'll unlock new weapons, perks and equipment. I got to level 18 (that's about halfway) in a single evening. You can take any role in a variety of game modes. Don your ghillie suit, and snipe from the tall grass, clear out campers with a shotgun, or run around blasting people with an RPD for massive firepower. The single player is slightly short, but damn sweet. Worth it if you're only going to play SP or MP. Amazing FPS action. Expand
  3. MaximeL.
    Mar 26, 2008
    One word..INTENSE!! I've been playing for hours online on my ps3 on an 50" plasma tv and a logitech Z-5500 and it's sick. I've heard the single player campaign is rather short, but if you play on the highest difficulty, you'll see that it can lasts for quite a while!!! A friend recommended this game to me and I'm not disappointed. I think it is the best console One word..INTENSE!! I've been playing for hours online on my ps3 on an 50" plasma tv and a logitech Z-5500 and it's sick. I've heard the single player campaign is rather short, but if you play on the highest difficulty, you'll see that it can lasts for quite a while!!! A friend recommended this game to me and I'm not disappointed. I think it is the best console FPS to date. Put simply, go buy it! Expand
  4. NickL.
    Mar 28, 2008
    This game ownes it has a good story and it online games are vary cool but some times you can get mad.
  5. UélintonM.
    Mar 6, 2008
    It's the best war game!!!
  6. RicardoV.
    Apr 13, 2008
    Great game! Non stopping action, incredible graphics!
  7. JamesR.
    Apr 20, 2008
    Absolutely Gorgeous game single player is great multiplayer is great. The fun never ends.
  8. PeterS.
    Apr 25, 2008
    This game s absolutely superb. Almost too perfectly balanced... If you think this game blows or it's broken... well... the fault is yours...
  9. JosephC.
    May 11, 2008
    The game is absolutely amazing. This one blows all of my FPS games out of the water, and I own atleast 11 games in that genre. The single player mode is both intense, and fun, while the multiplayer mode is amazing too (though it's a little off balance since some guys like to air strike a bit...too much haha). I'd say this is the best in the COD series, and is THE BEST FPS game The game is absolutely amazing. This one blows all of my FPS games out of the water, and I own atleast 11 games in that genre. The single player mode is both intense, and fun, while the multiplayer mode is amazing too (though it's a little off balance since some guys like to air strike a bit...too much haha). I'd say this is the best in the COD series, and is THE BEST FPS game out right now. I haven't even touched CSS that much because of this game. It's worth the $50, get it NOW. Expand
  10. JustinO.
    May 6, 2008
    Call Of Duty is great. The online is the best! Even the campaign isn't too short, although i see many that say it is. The graphics are amazing and by far the best army/war/shooting game I've played! Worth the money!
  11. KieranP.
    Jun 13, 2008
    I love this game so much me and my friend play it, and all we can talk about is this game.
  12. BillyBob
    Jun 2, 2008
    I bought this for the online play, and boy was I impressed. I haven't had this much fun since the days of Quake.
  13. ChuckS.
    Jun 29, 2008
    Excellent game overall. Graphics are top notch & storyline is outstanding. You feel like you are really at the scene of battle- it's scary!
  14. GabrielT.
    Jul 14, 2008
    This Game ROCKS!
  15. RyanSingharaj
    Jul 9, 2008
    Pros : graphics, gameplay, guns, action, Love it! Cons : Story, the game gets boring after a while but still fun.
  16. JohnM
    Aug 20, 2008
    Aaron L if u have played fps for 10 years all that means is no life this game don't deserve no 2 its one of the best fps out there and crisis is a good game but if u don't have a good comp u cant play it-- anyways cod4 never played it on the comp i play on 360 best shooter i have i totally gave up playin halo this game blows any shooter out of the water good job infinite ward.
  17. AnonymousMC
    Sep 17, 2008
    Anyone who criticizes heavily about realism while talking about COD4 should question their own intelligence - especially Joe C. Realism is never a fair ground used to judge games. Personal preferences about realism of games is fine, but forcing your own beliefs and claiming that people are "shallow" because they play unrealistic games just proves that you're a self-centered snob.Anyone who criticizes heavily about realism while talking about COD4 should question their own intelligence - especially Joe C. Realism is never a fair ground used to judge games. Personal preferences about realism of games is fine, but forcing your own beliefs and claiming that people are "shallow" because they play unrealistic games just proves that you're a self-centered snob. Furthermore, the Call of Duty series was never meant to take on a very realistic gameplay style. The graphics might not be as good as crysis, but it is unchallenged in optimsation, right out of the box - with barely any stuttering or frame rate drops, which is a hallmark technical masterpieces. As an entertainment product (and NOT a military simulation), COD4 clearly succeeds. Counter-strike fanboys most likely related COD4's multiplayer to Halo (which are undeniably similar) will usually give you every lame excuse they can think of to undermine this game just simply because of prejudice and their inability to have an open mind about games. Counter-strike is as much of a run and gun as COD4 when rifles and SMGs and concerned, sniping in both games are also very similar. It's just amazing to find people contradicting themselves by claiming that ranks are useless, yet counter-strike doesn't even feature anything like that. Weapon customisation is non-existent in counter-strike either. Expand
  18. KjetilB.
    Sep 21, 2008
    The best FPS so far. I do how ever miss large maps and vehicles as we had in joint, and I'm loking forward to ARMA2. These games how ever can not be directly compared as there are two compleatly different gaming styles.
  19. JustinB.
    Nov 21, 2009
    Best FPS i have ever played. Great graphics and online play. I recommend this game to everyone. Also this is a wonderful LAN game.
  20. LasseR.
    Oct 22, 2009
    This is the best shooting game i've ever played. i have played this game in over a year on PSN and i would lety it get a 10. the storyline is realistic to the S.A.S and USMC missions and weapons are just fantastic. The online gameplay is good although the pc users complain about cheaters, instead of complaining here send a message to infinity ward and they would have been making a This is the best shooting game i've ever played. i have played this game in over a year on PSN and i would lety it get a 10. the storyline is realistic to the S.A.S and USMC missions and weapons are just fantastic. The online gameplay is good although the pc users complain about cheaters, instead of complaining here send a message to infinity ward and they would have been making a patch, but now it's too late so. back to the topic, the game is overall the most realistic and fun online game. this is much better than Call of Duty WOW, it is very good to but i just don't like it online and the zombie mod just makes it idiotic. this game deserves a 10 Expand
  21. XavierC.
    Nov 26, 2007
    Simply the best FPS out there at the moment. Great solo campaign and amazing multiplayer experience! A must-have for any realistic FPS fan.
  22. Mar 25, 2011
    Gameplay - 9.5 , Graphics - 9.5 (consider the release time 2007) , Story - 8.5 , Playing time - 50+hours. A excellent game back in 2007. The top-notch multiplayer experience will keep you occupied for a long time.
  23. Mar 31, 2011
    A very enjoyable game offline and online. With fully controllable dedicated servers.

Well balanced, but in great need of larger maps. Thank for user-created ones. Watch out for those mods too (Galactic Warfare to mention one...). Four years since release and it still beats it's successors. All of them! Best CoD game ever!
  24. Aug 13, 2012
    Call of Duty 4 is the best COD game. It haves a great multiplayer and a fantastic single player. Believe me, you will be playing this game for years. The story mode is short, but this game may have the best story mode for shooters. Is a must have for all gamers.And, almost forgot, the multi player is the best reason to buy this game. 96 out of 100
  25. Dec 25, 2012
    This game is the best Call of Duty ever. when we were bored of second world war, the modern warfare appeared and revived the genre. This game marked a before and after in the shooters games. PERFECT
    (sorry for the language)
    Sounds 10/10
    Music 10/10
  27. JerryJ.
    Dec 9, 2007
    This game graphics and first person action are as good as Half-Life 2.
  28. MichaelM.
    Jun 3, 2008
    This game offers everything you need for a first person shooter. It goes into so much depth, and the story line is great. It offers you a real sense of what the military is like. I never get bored of it, every level has me on the edge. 10.
  29. Oct 17, 2012
    Single player is good and the MP is pretty cool, except for the airstrikes which are just too over-powered and make the game a lot less fun. Maybe that is because I never manage to get a kill-streak.
  30. May 20, 2012
    Omge! Cool game love it cuz dis was b4 cod got stal cuz den cod got bad dis 1 is gewd cuz i said it was gewd so u shld g0 bi it bro cuz it so gewd. bi it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  31. Jan 31, 2014
    In an ideal world, the masses would still be playing this game, as it is essentially identical to MW:Ghosts. Unfortunately people are stupid and they purchase re-hashed versions of COD4 over and over again so the player population is all over the place.

Seriously, this game defined the shooter genre we know today. No need to buy "new" shooters.
  32. JakeS.
    Nov 30, 2007
    This game is amazing! The graphics are very good even on a modest PC. Everything is smooth and well thought out. The maps are fun and fast, yet can still be played tactically. Both MP and SP are very fun, albiet SP is somewhat short. Everything else makes up for it though in this simply amazing game.
  33. Feb 11, 2012
    Call of Duty 4 is a giant leap foward in the series. The previous games were way ahead of their time but Modern Warfare is the combined result of all of the previous games. The graphics are wow factor, the story is utterly convincing, the weapon range has grown exponentially, the characters are a joy to play alongside and the multiplayer is addictive although not very realistic. My pointsCall of Duty 4 is a giant leap foward in the series. The previous games were way ahead of their time but Modern Warfare is the combined result of all of the previous games. The graphics are wow factor, the story is utterly convincing, the weapon range has grown exponentially, the characters are a joy to play alongside and the multiplayer is addictive although not very realistic. My points would be the lack of interaction between items that are not weapons (doors, vehicles and windows) and that the multiplayer becomes slow and glitchy in the case of heavy traffic to servers. There is room for improvement but Modern Warfare is a must have. Expand
  34. KanL.
    Nov 23, 2007
    Definitely game of the year with the intense action and capturing realism at a modest system requirement. Best looking DX9 game so far. Could use a longer campaign and more maps.
  35. Dec 27, 2011
    Perhaps the best Call of Duty game ever made: epic story, very good gameplay, good graphics, great mods including the usage of AI bots in skirmish games and of course the good custom maps. This game is truly the answer to a weak Counterstrike game as well as a good Medal of Honor game when it comes to more of modern warfare tactics.
  36. Aug 21, 2010
    This has got to be one of the favourite games, and definitely is my favourite FPS (or Halo 3). The graphics were great (and still are good), and it's very well optimized so it runs on most computers. Firstly; the singleplayer is quite short, but very, very sweet. The voice acting and fluidity of the game makes it very immersive. There are many epic parts, and some very epic missions. AndThis has got to be one of the favourite games, and definitely is my favourite FPS (or Halo 3). The graphics were great (and still are good), and it's very well optimized so it runs on most computers. Firstly; the singleplayer is quite short, but very, very sweet. The voice acting and fluidity of the game makes it very immersive. There are many epic parts, and some very epic missions. And now onto the multiplayer; the dedicated servers make it lag free, which is one of the most vital things in multiplayer. The drip feed method of leveling up and unlocking guns as you progress is done at the right pace. Customization of the guns make everyone's play style possible, and it also keeps you wanting to play to unlock more things for each gun. This is the first game I have seen with perks, and it works wonderfully. Everyone has a unique character, you can be a stealthy sniper, fast shot-gunner, etc... It keeps it fresh and unique. The weapons are fun to use realistic, and are balanced too. Overall, this has got to be one of the greatest games. Buy it! Expand
  37. Mar 26, 2011
    A great, fast-paced FPS with a great story line. It is very short when it comes to the single player compaign, but it makes up with the quality of the story.
  38. Oct 3, 2010
    HEll its a shooter.A good shooter.But just a shooter.And what the heck do you want from a shooter to sell pizza in it?Lol i cant understand you people if its a shooter then JUST SHOOT YOURE WAY TO THE END OF THE LEVEL.and wait it gets worse.It is objective based not free world like stalker.ITS a very good shooter with nice story very good graphics and non-stop action.A real deal.i cantHEll its a shooter.A good shooter.But just a shooter.And what the heck do you want from a shooter to sell pizza in it?Lol i cant understand you people if its a shooter then JUST SHOOT YOURE WAY TO THE END OF THE LEVEL.and wait it gets worse.It is objective based not free world like stalker.ITS a very good shooter with nice story very good graphics and non-stop action.A real deal.i cant rate it less then 1o cuz its to good. Expand
  39. Oct 4, 2010
    SINGLE PLAYER Fair enough this game has a short-ish story line (but a fantastic one at that) Theres plenty of action and chances to really relate to the characters and get involved in the goings on! Graphics wise its fantastic and smooth on most gaming rigs.

Multi-player Ok here it goes...... BRILLIENT, a lot of people complain about hackers and cheats...... these are only a problem in

Multi-player

Ok here it goes...... BRILLIENT, a lot of people complain about hackers and cheats...... these are only a problem in certain servers and are normally kicked before much more happens. once you get familiar with the game why not join a team? (Clan) you dont need to be freakishly involved screaming "PLANT THE BOMM!" and "GET DOWN!" its just a place where you know you are playing fair and make friends!

I have been playing COD 4 for 3 years now and a year of that has been with a clan called |D2| or Damned defiants (google for our web site) and its full of friendly guys and a few girls from all over the world who have a laugh and loads of fun playing.....

QUESTION TIME

Q: doesnt the same game get boring
    A: like any thing, it can but y ou just let your clan know you'll be a way for a few weeks and you'll see them when your back.

Q: dont the Maps get boring
    A: No! you have the stock maps (which are good) although there are thousands of custom ones made by the public that are not only great but beat the stock ones on the "Fun factor" there are HUGE sniper maps and small run and gun ones. There are maps from the latest modern warfare 2 converted for use with cod4! Q: what if im not really that happy with the feel of the game?
    A: MODS! there are not only thousands of maps but there are just as many MODS!

Q: what are MODs? A: Modifications.... to the game! There are loads! theres a starwars one where you run around on the starwars planet and fire laser guns and use star wars weapons! even down to the character skins! you can be on the darkside and fight as a storm trooper if you want!!!! there are weapon mods and gameplay mods making it the most versitile shooter availible! with our current mod you dont need to rank up to get your guns! you can use whatever you like! just choose!

By far the best value for money £30 for 3 years of gaming so far for me...... its now about £15 PICK UP A COPY!!!!! once you start and get good you'll never want to stop! so much fun!

Get into cod 4 (not modern warfare 2 as you cannot mod or do custom anything to the game due to it being controlled by steam.)

Thanks for reading and GG all.
  40. Oct 12, 2010
    This is one of the best PC shooters ever. The single player was epic to the point that it still hasn't been matched since and the multiplayer was so diverse that there are still packed servers today. It has not yet been beaten in quality for a mutliplayer FPS game. I wouldn't give it best of all time, but best at it's time and still competes with the latest shooters in my opinion.This is one of the best PC shooters ever. The single player was epic to the point that it still hasn't been matched since and the multiplayer was so diverse that there are still packed servers today. It has not yet been beaten in quality for a mutliplayer FPS game. I wouldn't give it best of all time, but best at it's time and still competes with the latest shooters in my opinion.

This game's mod tools allow the comunity to keep making new maps for it that keep it fresh and fun to play while the gameplay that it packs is so comfortable and fast-paced OR tactical (it's versatile enough to be fantastic at both), that you can just go back and wonder what new dev's or even the same dev (see the travisty of MW2) were thinking. there are only 3 kill-streak rewarrds, which is PLENTY, and they don't get too much in the way of actually playing the game. hackers aren't much of a problem because i fyou come across one, an admin of a SERVER will just kick or PB-ban the hacker. dedi's for the win, and cod4 for the win. If you havn't played this game, you should. there will never be another Call of Duty this good, and there may never be another FPS that beats it in its re-play factor, versatility, stock-maps, or general gameplay.
  41. Dec 8, 2010
    This game was not only a revolution within the Call of Duty franchise; it was a revolution in the gaming industry in general. Amazing game-play, state-of-the-art graphics and an immersive and well thought out storyline all contributed to the success of this game. The fact that this was one of the best selling games of its time is testament to how great the game was.
  42. Nov 10, 2010
    This game is **** awesome. the campaign is action packed and intense, the specops mode is wicked sick, and the multiplayer mode is one of the best i've played. i cant wait for modern warfare 3.
  43. Nov 12, 2010
    The Call of Duty series has always been renowned for its immersive campaigns, innovative multiplayer options, and overall high level of quality. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is the first game in the CoD line to step outside of the World War II venue but it takes all its predecessors positive traits with it and manages to set a new standard for the series.

The single player campaign in

The single player campaign in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare delivers a heart pounding glimpse of how modern black ops missions are conducted. The action switches between British and US soldiers as they hunt for the leaders of a Middle Eastern terrorist group. All of the now standard FPS controls are present allowing the player to lean around corners to provide covering fire or to go prone to use tall grass to avoid detection. As expected the array of weapons available to help the player accomplish the missions is as diverse as it is impressive.

Most importantly the campaign mode in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has the player working as a part of a team. Typical FPS â
  44. Jan 18, 2011
    a great game, but it's soo short..although it gave me 2 days of great gaming this could be an amazing game if it wasn't so short. also, the graphic is amazing and realistic and gives you the feeling like you're there. this is one of the best games i've ever played.
  45. Dec 9, 2010
    Great game, a classic of the call of duty, still is a run N gun though, better than anything that this franchise has came out after this, I would highly recommended this for those who dont like to be strategic. The 2 new call of duty games, warfare 2, and black ops are rip offs. Dont buy them, it is a support of corporate EVIL! This is a classic, fun respectable game. The campaign was kindGreat game, a classic of the call of duty, still is a run N gun though, better than anything that this franchise has came out after this, I would highly recommended this for those who dont like to be strategic. The 2 new call of duty games, warfare 2, and black ops are rip offs. Dont buy them, it is a support of corporate EVIL! This is a classic, fun respectable game. The campaign was kind of short and multilayer complete crap... But the COD series was never about multilayer. You will not regret buying this game, even though I reccomend HL2 over it. Expand
  46. Mar 7, 2012
    This is still--by far--my favorite Call of Duty game. The single player campaign left me completely stunned in amazement because no game had ever captured the intensity to the point where I really felt like a soldier on the battlefield. The release of COD4 was perfectly timed in sync with the end of the over-played WWII themed FPS games. COD4 pulled everyone in because it was somethingThis is still--by far--my favorite Call of Duty game. The single player campaign left me completely stunned in amazement because no game had ever captured the intensity to the point where I really felt like a soldier on the battlefield. The release of COD4 was perfectly timed in sync with the end of the over-played WWII themed FPS games. COD4 pulled everyone in because it was something new, fresh, and exciting--it was the right game at the right time.

Multiplayer is phenomenalâ
  47. Feb 9, 2011
    Balance. Pure Balance. on top of the intensely realistic campaign and creative plot, sits the fantastic multiplayer. This game, unlike MANY others, can call its self a balanced game. although this franchise has had many attempts to recreate the cod4 experience, this game will just never be beat. I want to be buried in my grave with this game in my arms.
  48. Feb 17, 2011
    I am sorry if I double-posted this, but the ones who gave it 5(s) and below haven't played against the real deal and in the real play.
    Yes, the normal MultiPlayer is full of noobs and campers, BUT we have "Promod".
    - You want balance? Promod doesn't count EXP and ranks. - You say hip-spraying? You're dead before you actually kill someone if you don't use your sights even in middle-range
    Yes, the normal MultiPlayer is full of noobs and campers, BUT we have "Promod".

- You want balance?
    Promod doesn't count EXP and ranks.
    - You say hip-spraying?
    You're dead before you actually kill someone if you don't use your sights even in middle-range situation.
    - You say run and gun without tactics?
    You're gonna get ambushed by pro-campers.
    - You say the X appears even when you hit someone through the wall?
    Promod gets rid of that. No wallbanging noobs anymore.

In normal gameplay, and this is the most subject that people debated:
    - You say that it's unbalanced for Rank-1 to fight against Rank-55?
    The starting weapon (M16, MP5, M249, M40A3) is so great and damaging that some Rank-55 players prefer to use them rather than those fancy M60, Barrett 50 cal and P90. All the Rank-1 perks are also always implemented on at least one of the class; they're the basic foundation of pure ownage (damage, accuracy and extra bullet penetration). Extra ammos? Tch, it's not like you (or the rounds) are going to survive that long.
  49. Jun 18, 2011
    The second best COD that has been made in my opinion. the story mode was gripping and fun. The MP was filled with excitement and an awesome community. The singleplayer did lack some emotion and the multiplayer did suffer from a tiny bit of over powered weapons(M60, RPK) but all in all this was an amazing game.
  50. Sep 13, 2011
    Greatest FPS of all time. Campaign is utterly amazing and that's just the beginning. Multiplayer... I have no words for how incredible it is. If you don't own this game, you should, like right now.
  51. Mar 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the first real FPS i ever tried, and it was amazing! Truly amazing. The only problem, is that some of the guns (P90 for instance) is really overpowered. It is also easy to go with undetected hacks there. Expand
  52. Apr 19, 2011
    Playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is experiencing a great film. And great films - like great some games - never appear linear; their finite stories belie the seemingly expansive possibilities of their genre. The reality is, of course, that the action of an FPS offers only a limited number of scenarios. However, done well, these scenarios offer both the serious and the casual gamerPlaying Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is experiencing a great film. And great films - like great some games - never appear linear; their finite stories belie the seemingly expansive possibilities of their genre. The reality is, of course, that the action of an FPS offers only a limited number of scenarios. However, done well, these scenarios offer both the serious and the casual gamer well-crafted slices of unreal action. Not least because the army down-plays the getting-shot-aspect of real life. http://teachergamer.blogspot.com/2011/04/call-of-duty-modern-warfare.html Expand
  53. Apr 15, 2011
    This is a great game I never get Tired of playing it. I also enjoy the single player mode it seems the people putting out games now are trying to take that single player mode away. We as gamers should not let that happen. Call of Duty 4 gets a solid 10.0 for being a good multiplayer and SINGLE PLAYER game. Keep talking about the single player mode people if you don't it will be gone and noThis is a great game I never get Tired of playing it. I also enjoy the single player mode it seems the people putting out games now are trying to take that single player mode away. We as gamers should not let that happen. Call of Duty 4 gets a solid 10.0 for being a good multiplayer and SINGLE PLAYER game. Keep talking about the single player mode people if you don't it will be gone and no good gamer worth there salt wants that to happen. I know I am old school I miss those arcades from back in the day. Good fun and friends then! Expand
  54. Apr 17, 2011
    this rocks i love how it has the slow mo moments and cheats the story is sharp and involing and when a emeny tank epoldes you feel a sence of pride best shooter to date besides cod mw2 and half life 2
  55. Apr 25, 2011
    I was absolutely awe-inspired by this game. I simply cant recommend it enough. I would have payed 60 for the single-player alone, but the multi-player was outstanding as well.
  56. Oct 9, 2011
    The last TRUE COD game, the series ever since has been dead to me, full of hackers online with zero skill needed other than twitch speed bunny hopping to dodge bullets.
  57. Apr 29, 2011
    I *really* enjoyed this. A cracking game, full of varied missions, excitement, not too linear (though fairly), and a ripping yarn. And what's more, each mission contained replayability: a LOT of thought had obviously gone into each mission bloc such that many of them are really enjoyable the tenth and twentieth time. I think what appeals most is that the missions are quite varied, theI *really* enjoyed this. A cracking game, full of varied missions, excitement, not too linear (though fairly), and a ripping yarn. And what's more, each mission contained replayability: a LOT of thought had obviously gone into each mission bloc such that many of them are really enjoyable the tenth and twentieth time. I think what appeals most is that the missions are quite varied, the graphics good quality without being too GPU draining, and the AI is fairly good. I think this is about the best linear, shoot-'em-up FPS I've played in many years. Expand
  58. Jan 31, 2012
    Every other CoD game is more profitable than the previous one but this title is my favourite part. Additionally, it wasn't until Modern Warfare that I sunk into the multiplayer so hard :) Rewarding system in Black Ops wasn't so well thought and it lacked such impact that this game had. Easy to use and understand and to jump in to, REALLY hard to master.

Graphics 9.2/10
    Audio 8.9/10
    Gameplay 10/10
  59. Jun 3, 2011
    GameCritics: Best Action Game
    GameSpot: Best Graphics, Best Shooter, Best Xbox 360 Game, Best PlayStation 3 Game
    GameTrailers: Best Graphics, Best PS3 Game GamePro: Best Overall Game of the Year IGN: Best Xbox 360 Game, Best Shooter of 2007 GameSpy: Best PS3 Game, Best Xbox 360 Game, Best PC Game, Game of the Year X-Play: Best Shooter, Best Sound Design Spike Video Game Awards: Best
    GameCritics: Best Action Game
    GameTrailers: Best Graphics, Best PS3 Game
    GamePro: Best Overall Game of the Year
    IGN: Best Xbox 360 Game, Best Shooter of 2007
    GameSpy: Best PS3 Game, Best Xbox 360 Game, Best PC Game, Game of the Year
    X-Play: Best Shooter, Best Sound Design
    Spike Video Game Awards: Best Shooter, Best Military Game
    Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences: Action Game of the Year, Console Game of the Year, Overall Game of the Year
  60. Jul 17, 2011
    Singleplayer was good, I enjoyed that but wasn't that shocked by what I was seeing. Multiplayer is also good, very Addictive and while some are poor there are some great Maps. A decent FPS but I have seen better before
  61. Aug 8, 2011
    My absolute all time favorite FPS. This is the game that brought me back to FPS's after I stopped playing Battlefield 1942. It was the first game that I bought when I built my first computer that I owned outright, and is still the game I play most. The single player is enjoyable enough, though definitely not the main calling of this game. The multiplayer is fantastic, and dew to the use ofMy absolute all time favorite FPS. This is the game that brought me back to FPS's after I stopped playing Battlefield 1942. It was the first game that I bought when I built my first computer that I owned outright, and is still the game I play most. The single player is enjoyable enough, though definitely not the main calling of this game. The multiplayer is fantastic, and dew to the use of dedicated servers, you can find all sorts of play styles from the typical run and gun to the more realistic "tactical realism crouch" styles. I am, and forever will be, in love with this game. Expand
  62. Aug 16, 2011
    MULTIPLAYER GAME IS SICK! i play it everyday and i wont stop playing this in my life never, i have fun always, single player mode is "good", the single player mode from mw2 is a lot better but this game is EXCELENTE!
  63. Sep 27, 2011
    Pretty good game. If you were going to buy Black Ops or something, I'd get this instead. Great story, and the multiplayer is the bast part. Now, go grab an M4, and kick some ass.
  64. Sep 13, 2011
    I don't have much to say about this game, I can only say that this game is one of the best achievements in history of gaming and I'm very proud to be part of it :)
  65. Sep 29, 2011
    I honestly only came here to rate this great game. One of the best cods, other than 2, for gameplay and replayability. Trust all of the positive reviews, the negative ones are either trolls, or people with different taste.
  66. Oct 18, 2011
    COD 4 is without a doubt one of the (if not 'the') single best game I have ever played. Due to issues with the MP, I can't comment on it, but the Single Player mode is utterly mezmorising. Boasting impressive graphics and one heck of a compelling narrative coupled with its replayability; no-one can deny the quality of the campaign.
  67. Oct 25, 2011
    Great Classic. Its perfect in many cases, but that certain something I can't describe is missing. A Milestone when it comes to Shooters, for sure. Modern Warfare.
  68. Nov 9, 2011
    I was worried when Infinity Ward announced they were going to ditch the World War II genre and move to Modern Warfare, but after a tentative Single Player play-through and a few hours notched up on Multiplayer, I fell in love. This game is beautifully made in every aspect, and is still one of the most popular games to rent a gaming server for. The campaign is varied and stunning, and theI was worried when Infinity Ward announced they were going to ditch the World War II genre and move to Modern Warfare, but after a tentative Single Player play-through and a few hours notched up on Multiplayer, I fell in love. This game is beautifully made in every aspect, and is still one of the most popular games to rent a gaming server for. The campaign is varied and stunning, and the adrenaline rush you feel after completing the first level and seeing the title roll up makes you realise, "this is going to be good." And it doesn't disappoint. On-line is where this game really comes in to it's own, as the game-modes, weapons, attachments, kill streaks and challenges are all a welcome addition to an excellent series of games. It's hard to fault this title. Expand
  69. Nov 9, 2011
    User Interface 10/10
    Sounds 8/10
    Music 7/10
  70. Apr 15, 2012
    After all of the Call of Duty releases out now this game still remains to be the best. No over the top kill streaks, no game breaking glitches, and the most solid mechanics for multiplayer yet. I put the same number of bullets in someone every time and they die. Its amazing. Also some of the best maps. The new COD games of the series are trash in comparison.
  71. Nov 10, 2011
    The game that changed the FPS scene in the past 5 years.
    A great single player adventure and amazing arcade multiplayer action.
    Very enjoyable and fun.
    The sequels get worse by the year not bringing anything new to the table so if you played this one you have played them all.

Don't bother with the sequels and not with MW3 that was just released.
  72. Nov 14, 2011
    Still one of the best games in the series. I would gladly pay for new DLC for this game. I think that Activision is missing out. It would be great to have a few patches to add new game modes or maps. Much better than the garbage that has followed. I have MW2, Black OPs, and MW3 in the modern shooter and still find myself back to COD4. What a shame that a company that was able to set theStill one of the best games in the series. I would gladly pay for new DLC for this game. I think that Activision is missing out. It would be great to have a few patches to add new game modes or maps. Much better than the garbage that has followed. I have MW2, Black OPs, and MW3 in the modern shooter and still find myself back to COD4. What a shame that a company that was able to set the bar so high with this title, can't seem to reach their own mark now. Expand
  73. Nov 21, 2011
    this was the last good Call of Duty title for PC. Call of Duty UNITED OFFENSIVE still remains as the king of multiplayer followed by CoD4 and CoD2. the 2nd and 3rd MW are NOT FOR PC. so this is the last real CoD for PC.
  74. Nov 15, 2011
    Easily one of the best FPS games I have ever played. When I first played this game at my cousin's house on launch day, I literally thought he was watching a war video. I thought the sounds and graphics were so real. I bought it for myself and ended up falling in love. The campaign is a force to be reckoned with and the multiplayer mode is absolutely addicting. A definite buy for FPS fans.
  75. Nov 18, 2011
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is the best Call of Duty game of all time. The campaign is very entertaining, and has an enticing storyline. Online play only makes the game that much better, where you can play for fun or attempt to join leagues and play the game competitively.
  76. Feb 20, 2012
    U like it or not, it's best Call of Duty game in series. Story in single-player is innovation, and something new to CoD series. I'm still playing single-player sometimes. Multiplayer is best experience ever. It's better than CoD MW2 or MW3 or any CoD MP. Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare Multiplayer is best in every aspect.
    And if ur bored of playing normal MP u still can get some skill on
    And if ur bored of playing normal MP u still can get some skill on great modification - ProMod.
  77. Jan 5, 2013
    One of the best games i have ever played, i still find myself playing it on my Xbox and Pc, this game derserves a new update, so people will start finding this game amazing again, it is way to underplayed. And i find that shame-full, comparing this shooter to others would be like comparing, Diamond to dust.
  78. Feb 18, 2012
    by far the best multiplayer fps i've ever experienced. i had just come off playing bf2 when i started playing this and the fast paced action with the ability to actually aim (unlike games like bf2 and cs where unless you were used to it guns were about as accurate as a wet towel). since launch this has been my favourite fps.
  79. Mar 12, 2012
    this is the best of the cod series for sure.this game is the reason why cod series is still on top.its very different from its predecessors.single player was excellent but short at the same time but multiplayer was amazing.
  80. Mar 16, 2012
    I've played this game a lot as a LAN game at university during breaks enjoying an awesome multiplayer experience on most of the maps. While I don't like playing, failing and leveling up until you are able to play the game as it was meant to be, the unlocking system was a horrible step to take which became popular in modern FPS games! I cannot figure out if it was the level design, niceI've played this game a lot as a LAN game at university during breaks enjoying an awesome multiplayer experience on most of the maps. While I don't like playing, failing and leveling up until you are able to play the game as it was meant to be, the unlocking system was a horrible step to take which became popular in modern FPS games! I cannot figure out if it was the level design, nice game modes, good ingame communication or just our group of players that made CoD4 one of the best multiplayer FPS games I've played since CoD1 (haven't tried many in between). Since then multiplayer games seem to have lost the way to team players up (maybe the console gaming with players have to few buttons!?).
    +++
    The singleplayer game is quite straight forward with some awesome moments (The Aftermath) and some horrible flaws: You are the super soldier who has to blow up things, shoot any enemy, push forward -- which hinders you from playing a support gunner covering your team -- and do all the stuff your teammates can't, but you CANNOT OPEN DOORS! At any point the game has a door you have to wait for your team to open the door and take away all action from you -- okay, in terms of story telling and stopping you from killing important NPCs, it is a way. Still it feels like you are missing the general key to the world anyone else has....
    +++
    After all the game tells its story pretty good without having a whole invasion going on and killing you once an hour for random story reasons. Graphics have reached a sufficient level, anything more is nice to have and forces the player to buy better equipment without any more gain. Multiplayer was a pleasure to play offline and was absolutely worthwhile!
  81. Mar 12, 2014
    That's one of my favorite games. An epic story that should impress every player. The events and the characters are well chosen. And the gameplay is unprecedented. The multiplayer is an amazing fun. A masterpiece. That's good entertainment.
  82. Aug 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (also known as Call of Duty 4 or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare) (Rus "Call of Duty 4: Modern War") - multi-platform video game, first person shooter, developed by U.S. company Infinity Ward and published by Activision. The game is the fourth in a series of Call of Duty and the first sub-Modern Warfare, the project has officially been announced by May 26, 2007.
    Game Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was released on November 5, 2007 in three target platforms: PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 are also for the other three platforms: Mac, Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii. On November 12, 2007, the game became available for purchase through the online service Steam.
    The game's plot is associated with modern warfare, the single player campaign gives the player to play for some of the fighters and U.S. special services and regular parts of the UK. The game takes place in Russia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan and the Middle East.
    During the first 24 hours of sales has sold nearly 600,000 copies of the game. Total world was realized over 10 million copies of the game. The game has become one of the best in the series Call of Duty.
    Also, May 25, 2010 the game became available for purchase in the Xbox Live, allowing interested in purchasing this game do not buy it on disk, and by paying, download to your console.
  83. Jun 17, 2013
    I got this game at release date, the campaign was good, but the multiplayer was amazing.
    Even to this date, Call of Duty 4 is by far the best Call of Duty game I've played, newer Call of Duty games aren't as fun to play as CoD 4, every match is full of campers on newer CoD games, also on CoD 4 we have dedicated servers and mods which gives the game more life.
    One thing that I didn't

One thing that I didn't liked was the veteran difficulty, I just barely finished it once on veteran difficulty, it feels like you die by a cheap way every time.
  84. Jul 30, 2012
    I havent play it online yet but i got best FPS experience with single player. Great game didnt bored even for second. Too bad there's no good call of dutys after MW:1...
  85. Aug 6, 2012
    I can only speak to the SP side of things, but in this respect the game shines. The campaign is not particularly long, but it does a good job of pacing itself--not like its sequels which blow their wad right away. The story is not particularly original, but it ties the missions together nicely and even makes you care about the characters. By the end--which I won't spoil--you feel veryI can only speak to the SP side of things, but in this respect the game shines. The campaign is not particularly long, but it does a good job of pacing itself--not like its sequels which blow their wad right away. The story is not particularly original, but it ties the missions together nicely and even makes you care about the characters. By the end--which I won't spoil--you feel very invested in what's going on, and the adrenaline is pumping. To increase replay value there's an "arcade mode" which lets you score points as you replay the missions, a neat little feature that I wish had been implemented in future installments. Expand
  86. Jul 24, 2012
    Still the BEST FPS game ever, I still play this game often. To be honest, it's better than Battlefield 3 and MW3 .
    The multiplayer part is very well made and the gameplay is well thought out
  87. Jul 30, 2012
    This game well deserved all the Hype about it, and was pretty much responsible for throwing one of the best FPS of all time from its Throne ( CounterStrike ). It wasnt the game that killed CS, but was a well worth replacement.

Sadly its sequels very really bad in comparison, not only did they ban dedicated server for PC, it was also too futuristic for my likings. But this game itself is really one of the best MP shooters i ever played on Console and PC
  88. Nov 7, 2013
    The Call of Duty's fame started here. This is the best Call of Duty yet! Graphics were too much for 2007, gameplay is freaking great and the multiplayer is the best! This is really worth your money and it's better than Call of Duty: Ghosts.
  89. Nov 18, 2012
    Honstly, I think this is the most balanced and well designed Call of Duty game that has been made. I would rather have remakes of this stellar game than the sequels that it spawned :(
  90. Feb 1, 2013
    This, is my opinion, is the only Call of Duty worth paying 60 dollars for. All of the other Modern Warfares or Black Ops' are map packs for this game. It's sad to see how downhill the rest of the franchise has gone, but Call of Duty 4 will always be a respected, well made masterpiece.
  91. Nov 24, 2012
    When i started playing FPS games around 2004 i was suffering from some too linear game campaigns etc.Back in 2007 when the game was released it was just EPIC, the Multiplayer was the best of the the decade possibly (at least for me!).The game itself wont let abandon it plus the Multiplayer servers are still almost full.I must say this and WaW are the CODs ever created.
  92. Oct 23, 2013
    This game, at this time, is not the current best MP, in my opinion. But when this game came out... It set the bar for MP in FPS's. By far being the most polished at it's time, COD 4 was the highest point in the Call of Duty series. This game is THE game that people base generic FPS's off of, to this day. And to that... I can't praise it enough since FPS is my favorite genre. HIGHLYThis game, at this time, is not the current best MP, in my opinion. But when this game came out... It set the bar for MP in FPS's. By far being the most polished at it's time, COD 4 was the highest point in the Call of Duty series. This game is THE game that people base generic FPS's off of, to this day. And to that... I can't praise it enough since FPS is my favorite genre. HIGHLY recommend for anyone who likes a great shooter. Expand
  93. May 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It have been a while since I played this game but I remember every second of it. The campaign was really intense and 1 of the best of the COD series. Also it was the last COD that was really ahead of its time. Its a shame the developers of COD started to care more about their purse then about their fans. This is why I stopped loving this series, a shame. Expand
  94. Mar 8, 2013
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is revolutionary. It completely changed the Call of Duty series, completely overhauling the graphics design of Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2. This game offered an incredible campaign with challenging levels and awesome graphics. This game also offered an incredible multiplayer experience which debuted one of the most popular multiplayer modes in video gameCall of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is revolutionary. It completely changed the Call of Duty series, completely overhauling the graphics design of Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2. This game offered an incredible campaign with challenging levels and awesome graphics. This game also offered an incredible multiplayer experience which debuted one of the most popular multiplayer modes in video game history. Check this game out. It isn't the best in the Call of Duty series (Call of Duty 2 is), but it offers one heck of a game. Expand
  95. Apr 24, 2013
    This is the pinnacle of the Call Of Duty franchise it has really gone to from here but this is a great game it really good good multiplayer plenty of servers that aren't hacks fun gameplay. Its not perfect but its actually really near it it has flaws but its a fun balanced game.
  96. Jul 6, 2013
    It is the exact same as the 360 game so you know it will be amazing but the graphics are better and you can run it at 333 FPS. the community is massive still you get the variety map pack for free and the mods are great and the controls are actually sleek for a PC game
  97. Apr 26, 2014
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a perfect example of an FPS with both amazing multiplayer and singleplayer. It also introduced the whole RPG-based level-up system, causing many gamers to spend any sort of social life they had left on this addictive level-up system.
  98. Apr 9, 2013
    This game has so much going for it, streamlined play and online experience made it one of the best games of the generation of consoles. The level customisation that is now a series staple was created in the fourth installment. Good maps and a streamlined experience made it certainly one of the most influential console online shooters ever. Single player was not perfect but well done and inThis game has so much going for it, streamlined play and online experience made it one of the best games of the generation of consoles. The level customisation that is now a series staple was created in the fourth installment. Good maps and a streamlined experience made it certainly one of the most influential console online shooters ever. Single player was not perfect but well done and in most cases polished. The said storyline was good aswell, far surpassing normal shoot em up standards.

The only thing that can be said that is bad about Call Of Duty 4 is that it created the cycle of yearly (barely improved) Call Of Duty games that do nothing to further the series. Most of the games since COD 4 have just been re-skins of the same game and hardly improved at all but then again, why would you change a tried and tested formula that always guarantees profit every year)

Despite it being the father of said re-skins, the game itself is a masterpiece since before the age of copypasta Call Of Duty. If you haven't bought it yet, buy it now. The charms of the game are still just as strong for me in 2013, and I still come back to play it.
  99. Nov 16, 2013
    The game that defined a whole generation of First-Person Shooters.

The game that defined a whole generation of First-Person Shooters.

The fourth major installment and arguably the best Call of Duty game ever, this is Modern Warfare. The series takes it's departure from their typical World War II games and strolls into modern-day war in the most epic and cinematic way. While playing the game, you actually feel like you're in the action and your NPC brothers in arms have feeling and seems really humane, from the graphics to the sound. Multiplayer also takes a big step up, but the focus on the game seems more weighted toward the online modes than other aspects. Playing with your buds have never been so fun. This my friends is a winner, but I'm unsure if the series or military shooters in general is taking a turn for the best or worse because of this game....
  100. Oct 8, 2013
    con grandes realismos es juego es lo mejor en la epoca de la guerra para el 2007 este juego esta mejor hecho que todos los demas espero ver mas despues

1. PC Gamer UK
    A beautifully crafted first-person shooter, but without a compelling context. How much does that matter? To me, a little. Not a lot, but it nags. [Dec 2007, p.73]
    Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.
  3. It’s absolutely relentless in its assault on the senses and never lets up until the last trigger has been squeezed. The multiplayer is even better, with the perks and weapon upgrades acting as a balance to the lack of vehicles.