8.4

1. Jun 13, 2012
    Man I love this game! After coping so many hatred towards the series (I agree that it deserves some of them), I'm really glad to return back to my favorite FPS game of all time i.e COD4MW. I've completed the single player campaign four times and still want to give it a try once again! ( But i don't want to bother playing in the higher difficulty level). To all MW2, MW3, BO, BO2 haters, stay out of this game please! Expand
  2. Jan 3, 2011
    This is probably the most fun game I had played in 2010, I didnt really like it that much because I played a dodgy copy at a LAN Party. I was inspired by Mazarini's Play With Soul video to get this game so I bought it at the Steam christmas sale. Single player is pretty good, Multiplayer is addicting. Modern Warfare 2 was basically a re-skin of this game. You need to get this game.
  3. May 21, 2012
    Best fps shooter of all time, without doubt. The game has endless replayability, when you take out hackers and campers the game is flawless. Despite these it's impossible not to give it a full 10. Worth £200 unlike it's rehashed remakes, which could be 1 of the endless mods to the game.
  4. Nov 8, 2011
    The original Modern Warfare. This game changed my life forever. It's the best shooter game of all time. these days i decided to put my score because the deception of Call of Duty Modern Warefare 3. The reason is simply. Infinityward was created this game on 2007. Now Infinity Ward is death. THE PEOPLE CREATED THIS GAME IS NOW ::::> RESPAWN ENTERTAINMENT.
  5. Feb 20, 2012
    The original Call of Duty changed it all, Call of Duty Modern Warfare changed it all once again. The single player campaign is extremely well designed and unlike MW2/MW3/BO well paced. The levels are not just about mindless running and gunning but though if you prefer finishing them like that you are free to do so. The multiplayer is actually the place where COD brings out all of its shine. Its extremely immersive and full of exciting well designed levels with lots of guns and customization options. The most important thing about this game is that unlike its younger brothers (MW2/MW3/BO) it has support for dedicated servers which is the reason why this game has thousands of active servers even after so much time.

Does this game deserve to be rated with score 10? Probably not because there are certainly flaws which are not that obvious at first sight. However, if I don't rate it that way I will most probably be sorry for not doing that in a couple of years when all traces of decent games are erased in favor of pure money-grinding publishing politics (I fear that time has already come). That means that realistically this game deserves a strong 9 however by the power invested in my current voting rights I will give it a full 10.
  6. May 12, 2012
    Call of Duty 4 is one of the best CoD game, because it has custom add-ons that drastically enhances the multiplayer gameplay such as Pro-mod (which is one of my favorite add-ons), custom maps and more. The later CoD titles are just crap, all they did good was the campaign and the multiplayer itself are still the same as COD4, with new bad layout maps. Really, if you want to play the real Call of Duty, get COD4. Expand
  7. Mar 28, 2012
    A very fun game. Every game could use improvements and so could this but generally speaking I have almost all positive things to say about this game. The single player campaign is very immersive and fun to play.
  8. Jul 13, 2012
    I can say one thing this is the best multiplayer cod ( black ops gets zombies :) ) but ok why 9 campaign was good but basic also graphics where ok my radeon 6850 in my alienware laptop was running at -2 degrees
    but yes multiplayer is da best lan like crysis wars amazing not op weapons and a place in my heart great game for 20$ get a copy i mean its not like mw3
  9. Jun 7, 2012
    100% fun time to be had! The negative reviews are from those who generally are not good at video games. The campaign is a little short but it's still fun. multiplayer is as good as it will ever be. That goes for online and split screen. It's all the good things from goldeneye 64, unreal tournament, and time splitters rolled into a hot n tasty bean burrito. It's great if your looking to kill time...in short must buy! "Doors that can't be opened. Windows that can't be broken. 1 metre high boxes that you just can't quite muster the strength to climb over. Worthless drivel." How do you play games pal? Expand
  10. Jun 11, 2013
    It's not perfect, but close. I've played close to 400 hours in this game, for me it's the best CoD game created and a really good FPS.

The single-player is meh, if it weren't multi-player in the game I would rate it a 4, but the multi-player carries the game to a 7. The first CoD game to have perks. With dedicated servers you could find sniper only servers and so on, you could ban, and
    have rules.. Amazing. Expand
  11. Nov 9, 2013
    This game revolutionized the series. Great graphics, simple jump in and play gameplay and mainly loads and loads of fun. The singleplayer, although short, was loads of fun as well. I must have spent a couple hundred hours on this game's multiplayer. Definitely the best in the series, too bad they turned it into a corporate cash cow after this game and didn't just leave it at that
  12. Mar 31, 2011
    A very enjoyable game offline and online. With fully controllable dedicated servers.

Well balanced, but in great need of larger maps. Thank for user-created ones. Watch out for those mods too (Galactic Warfare to mention one...). Four years since release and it still beats it's successors. All of them! Best CoD game ever!
  13. Nov 15, 2011
    Definently the best Call of Duty game up to date. After it being released over 4 years, it is still widely played on the PC in great amounts of players and time. This game is a must buy if your just picking up PC gaming and shooters on the PC. It will teach you how controls work for Call of Duty-like games.
  14. Dec 21, 2011
    An excellent FPS, which definitely set the shooter standard when it was released. Sneaking around in Hardcore domination mode, without the annoying predator missiles and attack dogs added in later COD titles, this game is great - and it also has the best singleplayer campaign in any call of duty game. Too bad that later iterations of the series has not kept up to its legacy.
  15. May 20, 2012
    Omge! Cool game love it cuz dis was b4 cod got stal cuz den cod got bad dis 1 is gewd cuz i said it was gewd so u shld g0 bi it bro cuz it so gewd. bi it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. Aug 13, 2012
    Call of Duty 4 is the best COD game. It haves a great multiplayer and a fantastic single player. Believe me, you will be playing this game for years. The story mode is short, but this game may have the best story mode for shooters. Is a must have for all gamers.And, almost forgot, the multi player is the best reason to buy this game. 96 out of 100
  17. Dec 25, 2012
    This game is the best Call of Duty ever. when we were bored of second world war, the modern warfare appeared and revived the genre. This game marked a before and after in the shooters games. PERFECT
    (sorry for the language)
  18. Dec 27, 2011
    Perhaps the best Call of Duty game ever made: epic story, very good gameplay, good graphics, great mods including the usage of AI bots in skirmish games and of course the good custom maps. This game is truly the answer to a weak Counterstrike game as well as a good Medal of Honor game when it comes to more of modern warfare tactics.
  19. Aug 21, 2010
    This has got to be one of the favourite games, and definitely is my favourite FPS (or Halo 3). The graphics were great (and still are good), and it's very well optimized so it runs on most computers. Firstly; the singleplayer is quite short, but very, very sweet. The voice acting and fluidity of the game makes it very immersive. There are many epic parts, and some very epic missions. And now onto the multiplayer; the dedicated servers make it lag free, which is one of the most vital things in multiplayer. The drip feed method of leveling up and unlocking guns as you progress is done at the right pace. Customization of the guns make everyone's play style possible, and it also keeps you wanting to play to unlock more things for each gun. This is the first game I have seen with perks, and it works wonderfully. Everyone has a unique character, you can be a stealthy sniper, fast shot-gunner, etc... It keeps it fresh and unique. The weapons are fun to use realistic, and are balanced too. Overall, this has got to be one of the greatest games. Buy it! Expand
  20. Mar 26, 2011
    A great, fast-paced FPS with a great story line. It is very short when it comes to the single player compaign, but it makes up with the quality of the story.
  21. Oct 3, 2010
    HEll its a shooter.A good shooter.But just a shooter.And what the heck do you want from a shooter to sell pizza in it?Lol i cant understand you people if its a shooter then JUST SHOOT YOURE WAY TO THE END OF THE LEVEL.and wait it gets worse.It is objective based not free world like stalker.ITS a very good shooter with nice story very good graphics and non-stop action.A real deal.i cant rate it less then 1o cuz its to good. Expand
  22. Oct 4, 2010
    SINGLE PLAYER Fair enough this game has a short-ish story line (but a fantastic one at that) Theres plenty of action and chances to really relate to the characters and get involved in the goings on! Graphics wise its fantastic and smooth on most gaming rigs.

Multi-player

Ok here it goes...... BRILLIENT, a lot of people complain about hackers and cheats...... these are only a problem in
    certain servers and are normally kicked before much more happens. once you get familiar with the game why not join a team? (Clan) you dont need to be freakishly involved screaming "PLANT THE BOMM!" and "GET DOWN!" its just a place where you know you are playing fair and make friends!

I have been playing COD 4 for 3 years now and a year of that has been with a clan called |D2| or Damned defiants (google for our web site) and its full of friendly guys and a few girls from all over the world who have a laugh and loads of fun playing.....

QUESTION TIME

Q: doesnt the same game get boring
    A: like any thing, it can but y ou just let your clan know you'll be a way for a few weeks and you'll see them when your back.

Q: dont the Maps get boring
    A: No! you have the stock maps (which are good) although there are thousands of custom ones made by the public that are not only great but beat the stock ones on the "Fun factor" there are HUGE sniper maps and small run and gun ones. There are maps from the latest modern warfare 2 converted for use with cod4! Q: what if im not really that happy with the feel of the game?
    A: MODS! there are not only thousands of maps but there are just as many MODS!

Q: what are MODs? A: Modifications.... to the game! There are loads! theres a starwars one where you run around on the starwars planet and fire laser guns and use star wars weapons! even down to the character skins! you can be on the darkside and fight as a storm trooper if you want!!!! there are weapon mods and gameplay mods making it the most versitile shooter availible! with our current mod you dont need to rank up to get your guns! you can use whatever you like! just choose!

By far the best value for money £30 for 3 years of gaming so far for me...... its now about £15 PICK UP A COPY!!!!! once you start and get good you'll never want to stop! so much fun!

Get into cod 4 (not modern warfare 2 as you cannot mod or do custom anything to the game due to it being controlled by steam.)

Thanks for reading and GG all.
  23. Oct 12, 2010
    This is one of the best PC shooters ever. The single player was epic to the point that it still hasn't been matched since and the multiplayer was so diverse that there are still packed servers today. It has not yet been beaten in quality for a mutliplayer FPS game. I wouldn't give it best of all time, but best at it's time and still competes with the latest shooters in my opinion.

This game's mod tools allow the comunity to keep making new maps for it that keep it fresh and fun to play while the gameplay that it packs is so comfortable and fast-paced OR tactical (it's versatile enough to be fantastic at both), that you can just go back and wonder what new dev's or even the same dev (see the travisty of MW2) were thinking. there are only 3 kill-streak rewarrds, which is PLENTY, and they don't get too much in the way of actually playing the game. hackers aren't much of a problem because i fyou come across one, an admin of a SERVER will just kick or PB-ban the hacker. dedi's for the win, and cod4 for the win. If you havn't played this game, you should. there will never be another Call of Duty this good, and there may never be another FPS that beats it in its re-play factor, versatility, stock-maps, or general gameplay.
  24. Dec 8, 2010
    This game was not only a revolution within the Call of Duty franchise; it was a revolution in the gaming industry in general. Amazing game-play, state-of-the-art graphics and an immersive and well thought out storyline all contributed to the success of this game. The fact that this was one of the best selling games of its time is testament to how great the game was.
  25. Nov 10, 2010
    This game is **** awesome. the campaign is action packed and intense, the specops mode is wicked sick, and the multiplayer mode is one of the best i've played. i cant wait for modern warfare 3.
  26. Nov 12, 2010
    The Call of Duty series has always been renowned for its immersive campaigns, innovative multiplayer options, and overall high level of quality. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is the first game in the CoD line to step outside of the World War II venue but it takes all its predecessors positive traits with it and manages to set a new standard for the series.

The single player campaign in
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare delivers a heart pounding glimpse of how modern black ops missions are conducted. The action switches between British and US soldiers as they hunt for the leaders of a Middle Eastern terrorist group. All of the now standard FPS controls are present allowing the player to lean around corners to provide covering fire or to go prone to use tall grass to avoid detection. As expected the array of weapons available to help the player accomplish the missions is as diverse as it is impressive.

Most importantly the campaign mode in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has the player working as a part of a team. Typical FPS â
  27. Jan 18, 2011
    a great game, but it's soo short..although it gave me 2 days of great gaming this could be an amazing game if it wasn't so short. also, the graphic is amazing and realistic and gives you the feeling like you're there. this is one of the best games i've ever played.
  28. Mar 7, 2012
    This is still--by far--my favorite Call of Duty game. The single player campaign left me completely stunned in amazement because no game had ever captured the intensity to the point where I really felt like a soldier on the battlefield. The release of COD4 was perfectly timed in sync with the end of the over-played WWII themed FPS games. COD4 pulled everyone in because it was something new, fresh, and exciting--it was the right game at the right time.

Multiplayer is phenomenalâ
  29. Feb 9, 2011
    Balance. Pure Balance. on top of the intensely realistic campaign and creative plot, sits the fantastic multiplayer. This game, unlike MANY others, can call its self a balanced game. although this franchise has had many attempts to recreate the cod4 experience, this game will just never be beat. I want to be buried in my grave with this game in my arms.
  30. Jun 18, 2011
    The second best COD that has been made in my opinion. the story mode was gripping and fun. The MP was filled with excitement and an awesome community. The singleplayer did lack some emotion and the multiplayer did suffer from a tiny bit of over powered weapons(M60, RPK) but all in all this was an amazing game.
  31. Sep 13, 2011
    Greatest FPS of all time. Campaign is utterly amazing and that's just the beginning. Multiplayer... I have no words for how incredible it is. If you don't own this game, you should, like right now.
  32. Mar 25, 2011
    Gameplay - 9.5 , Graphics - 9.5 (consider the release time 2007) , Story - 8.5 , Playing time - 50+hours. A excellent game back in 2007. The top-notch multiplayer experience will keep you occupied for a long time.
  33. Mar 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the first real FPS i ever tried, and it was amazing! Truly amazing. The only problem, is that some of the guns (P90 for instance) is really overpowered. It is also easy to go with undetected hacks there. Expand
  34. Apr 19, 2011
    Playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is experiencing a great film. And great films - like great some games - never appear linear; their finite stories belie the seemingly expansive possibilities of their genre. The reality is, of course, that the action of an FPS offers only a limited number of scenarios. However, done well, these scenarios offer both the serious and the casual gamer well-crafted slices of unreal action. Not least because the army down-plays the getting-shot-aspect of real life. http://teachergamer.blogspot.com/2011/04/call-of-duty-modern-warfare.html Expand
  35. Apr 15, 2011
    This is a great game I never get Tired of playing it. I also enjoy the single player mode it seems the people putting out games now are trying to take that single player mode away. We as gamers should not let that happen. Call of Duty 4 gets a solid 10.0 for being a good multiplayer and SINGLE PLAYER game. Keep talking about the single player mode people if you don't it will be gone and no good gamer worth there salt wants that to happen. I know I am old school I miss those arcades from back in the day. Good fun and friends then! Expand
  36. Apr 17, 2011
    this rocks i love how it has the slow mo moments and cheats the story is sharp and involing and when a emeny tank epoldes you feel a sence of pride best shooter to date besides cod mw2 and half life 2
  37. Apr 25, 2011
    I was absolutely awe-inspired by this game. I simply cant recommend it enough. I would have payed 60 for the single-player alone, but the multi-player was outstanding as well.
  38. Jan 31, 2012
    Every other CoD game is more profitable than the previous one but this title is my favourite part. Additionally, it wasn't until Modern Warfare that I sunk into the multiplayer so hard :) Rewarding system in Black Ops wasn't so well thought and it lacked such impact that this game had. Easy to use and understand and to jump in to, REALLY hard to master.

Graphics 9.2/10
    Audio 8.9/10
    Gameplay 10/10
  39. Jun 3, 2011
    GameCritics: Best Action Game GameSpot: Best Graphics, Best Shooter, Best Xbox 360 Game, Best PlayStation 3 Game GameTrailers: Best Graphics, Best PS3 Game GamePro: Best Overall Game of the Year IGN: Best Xbox 360 Game, Best Shooter of 2007 GameSpy: Best PS3 Game, Best Xbox 360 Game, Best PC Game, Game of the Year X-Play: Best Shooter, Best Sound Design Spike Video Game Awards: Best Shooter, Best Military Game
    Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences: Action Game of the Year, Console Game of the Year, Overall Game of the Year
  40. Aug 8, 2011
    My absolute all time favorite FPS. This is the game that brought me back to FPS's after I stopped playing Battlefield 1942. It was the first game that I bought when I built my first computer that I owned outright, and is still the game I play most. The single player is enjoyable enough, though definitely not the main calling of this game. The multiplayer is fantastic, and dew to the use of dedicated servers, you can find all sorts of play styles from the typical run and gun to the more realistic "tactical realism crouch" styles. I am, and forever will be, in love with this game. Expand
  41. Aug 16, 2011
    MULTIPLAYER GAME IS SICK! i play it everyday and i wont stop playing this in my life never, i have fun always, single player mode is "good", the single player mode from mw2 is a lot better but this game is EXCELENTE!
  42. Sep 27, 2011
    Pretty good game. If you were going to buy Black Ops or something, I'd get this instead. Great story, and the multiplayer is the bast part. Now, go grab an M4, and kick some ass.
  43. Sep 13, 2011
    I don't have much to say about this game, I can only say that this game is one of the best achievements in history of gaming and I'm very proud to be part of it :)
  44. Sep 29, 2011
    I honestly only came here to rate this great game. One of the best cods, other than 2, for gameplay and replayability. Trust all of the positive reviews, the negative ones are either trolls, or people with different taste.
  45. Oct 18, 2011
    COD 4 is without a doubt one of the (if not 'the') single best game I have ever played. Due to issues with the MP, I can't comment on it, but the Single Player mode is utterly mezmorising. Boasting impressive graphics and one heck of a compelling narrative coupled with its replayability; no-one can deny the quality of the campaign.
  46. Oct 25, 2011
    Great Classic. Its perfect in many cases, but that certain something I can't describe is missing. A Milestone when it comes to Shooters, for sure. Modern Warfare.
  47. Nov 9, 2011
    I was worried when Infinity Ward announced they were going to ditch the World War II genre and move to Modern Warfare, but after a tentative Single Player play-through and a few hours notched up on Multiplayer, I fell in love. This game is beautifully made in every aspect, and is still one of the most popular games to rent a gaming server for. The campaign is varied and stunning, and the adrenaline rush you feel after completing the first level and seeing the title roll up makes you realise, "this is going to be good." And it doesn't disappoint. On-line is where this game really comes in to it's own, as the game-modes, weapons, attachments, kill streaks and challenges are all a welcome addition to an excellent series of games. It's hard to fault this title. Expand
  48. Nov 9, 2011
    User Interface 10/10
    Sounds 8/10
    Music 7/10
  49. Apr 15, 2012
    After all of the Call of Duty releases out now this game still remains to be the best. No over the top kill streaks, no game breaking glitches, and the most solid mechanics for multiplayer yet. I put the same number of bullets in someone every time and they die. Its amazing. Also some of the best maps. The new COD games of the series are trash in comparison.
  50. Nov 14, 2011
    Still one of the best games in the series. I would gladly pay for new DLC for this game. I think that Activision is missing out. It would be great to have a few patches to add new game modes or maps. Much better than the garbage that has followed. I have MW2, Black OPs, and MW3 in the modern shooter and still find myself back to COD4. What a shame that a company that was able to set the bar so high with this title, can't seem to reach their own mark now. Expand
  51. Nov 15, 2011
    Easily one of the best FPS games I have ever played. When I first played this game at my cousin's house on launch day, I literally thought he was watching a war video. I thought the sounds and graphics were so real. I bought it for myself and ended up falling in love. The campaign is a force to be reckoned with and the multiplayer mode is absolutely addicting. A definite buy for FPS fans.
  52. Nov 18, 2011
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is the best Call of Duty game of all time. The campaign is very entertaining, and has an enticing storyline. Online play only makes the game that much better, where you can play for fun or attempt to join leagues and play the game competitively.
  53. Feb 20, 2012
    U like it or not, it's best Call of Duty game in series. Story in single-player is innovation, and something new to CoD series. I'm still playing single-player sometimes. Multiplayer is best experience ever. It's better than CoD MW2 or MW3 or any CoD MP. Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare Multiplayer is best in every aspect.
    And if ur bored of playing normal MP u still can get some skill on
    great modification - ProMod. Expand
  54. Jan 5, 2013
    One of the best games i have ever played, i still find myself playing it on my Xbox and Pc, this game derserves a new update, so people will start finding this game amazing again, it is way to underplayed. And i find that shame-full, comparing this shooter to others would be like comparing, Diamond to dust.
  55. Feb 18, 2012
    by far the best multiplayer fps i've ever experienced. i had just come off playing bf2 when i started playing this and the fast paced action with the ability to actually aim (unlike games like bf2 and cs where unless you were used to it guns were about as accurate as a wet towel). since launch this has been my favourite fps.
  56. Mar 12, 2012
    this is the best of the cod series for sure.this game is the reason why cod series is still on top.its very different from its predecessors.single player was excellent but short at the same time but multiplayer was amazing.
  57. Mar 16, 2012
    I've played this game a lot as a LAN game at university during breaks enjoying an awesome multiplayer experience on most of the maps. While I don't like playing, failing and leveling up until you are able to play the game as it was meant to be, the unlocking system was a horrible step to take which became popular in modern FPS games! I cannot figure out if it was the level design, nice game modes, good ingame communication or just our group of players that made CoD4 one of the best multiplayer FPS games I've played since CoD1 (haven't tried many in between). Since then multiplayer games seem to have lost the way to team players up (maybe the console gaming with players have to few buttons!?).
    +++
    The singleplayer game is quite straight forward with some awesome moments (The Aftermath) and some horrible flaws: You are the super soldier who has to blow up things, shoot any enemy, push forward -- which hinders you from playing a support gunner covering your team -- and do all the stuff your teammates can't, but you CANNOT OPEN DOORS! At any point the game has a door you have to wait for your team to open the door and take away all action from you -- okay, in terms of story telling and stopping you from killing important NPCs, it is a way. Still it feels like you are missing the general key to the world anyone else has....
    +++
    After all the game tells its story pretty good without having a whole invasion going on and killing you once an hour for random story reasons. Graphics have reached a sufficient level, anything more is nice to have and forces the player to buy better equipment without any more gain. Multiplayer was a pleasure to play offline and was absolutely worthwhile!
  58. Mar 12, 2014
    That's one of my favorite games. An epic story that should impress every player. The events and the characters are well chosen. And the gameplay is unprecedented. The multiplayer is an amazing fun. A masterpiece. That's good entertainment.
  59. Aug 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (also known as Call of Duty 4 or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare) (Rus "Call of Duty 4: Modern War") - multi-platform video game, first person shooter, developed by U.S. company Infinity Ward and published by Activision. The game is the fourth in a series of Call of Duty and the first sub-Modern Warfare, the project has officially been announced by May 26, 2007.
    Game Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was released on November 5, 2007 in three target platforms: PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 are also for the other three platforms: Mac, Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii. On November 12, 2007, the game became available for purchase through the online service Steam.
    The game's plot is associated with modern warfare, the single player campaign gives the player to play for some of the fighters and U.S. special services and regular parts of the UK. The game takes place in Russia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan and the Middle East.
    During the first 24 hours of sales has sold nearly 600,000 copies of the game. Total world was realized over 10 million copies of the game. The game has become one of the best in the series Call of Duty.
    Also, May 25, 2010 the game became available for purchase in the Xbox Live, allowing interested in purchasing this game do not buy it on disk, and by paying, download to your console.
  60. Jun 17, 2013
    I got this game at release date, the campaign was good, but the multiplayer was amazing.
    Even to this date, Call of Duty 4 is by far the best Call of Duty game I've played, newer Call of Duty games aren't as fun to play as CoD 4, every match is full of campers on newer CoD games, also on CoD 4 we have dedicated servers and mods which gives the game more life.

One thing that I didn't
    liked was the veteran difficulty, I just barely finished it once on veteran difficulty, it feels like you die by a cheap way every time. Expand
  61. Jul 30, 2012
    I havent play it online yet but i got best FPS experience with single player. Great game didnt bored even for second. Too bad there's no good call of dutys after MW:1...
  62. Aug 6, 2012
    I can only speak to the SP side of things, but in this respect the game shines. The campaign is not particularly long, but it does a good job of pacing itself--not like its sequels which blow their wad right away. The story is not particularly original, but it ties the missions together nicely and even makes you care about the characters. By the end--which I won't spoil--you feel very invested in what's going on, and the adrenaline is pumping. To increase replay value there's an "arcade mode" which lets you score points as you replay the missions, a neat little feature that I wish had been implemented in future installments. Expand
  63. Jul 24, 2012
    Still the BEST FPS game ever, I still play this game often. To be honest, it's better than Battlefield 3 and MW3 .
    The multiplayer part is very well made and the gameplay is well thought out
  64. Jul 30, 2012
    This game well deserved all the Hype about it, and was pretty much responsible for throwing one of the best FPS of all time from its Throne ( CounterStrike ). It wasnt the game that killed CS, but was a well worth replacement.

Sadly its sequels very really bad in comparison, not only did they ban dedicated server for PC, it was also too futuristic for my likings. But this game itself is
    really one of the best MP shooters i ever played on Console and PC Expand
  65. Nov 7, 2013
    The Call of Duty's fame started here. This is the best Call of Duty yet! Graphics were too much for 2007, gameplay is freaking great and the multiplayer is the best! This is really worth your money and it's better than Call of Duty: Ghosts.
  66. Jan 31, 2014
    In an ideal world, the masses would still be playing this game, as it is essentially identical to MW:Ghosts. Unfortunately people are stupid and they purchase re-hashed versions of COD4 over and over again so the player population is all over the place.

Seriously, this game defined the shooter genre we know today. No need to buy "new" shooters.
  67. Nov 18, 2012
    Honstly, I think this is the most balanced and well designed Call of Duty game that has been made. I would rather have remakes of this stellar game than the sequels that it spawned :(
  68. Feb 1, 2013
    This, is my opinion, is the only Call of Duty worth paying 60 dollars for. All of the other Modern Warfares or Black Ops' are map packs for this game. It's sad to see how downhill the rest of the franchise has gone, but Call of Duty 4 will always be a respected, well made masterpiece.
  69. Nov 24, 2012
    When i started playing FPS games around 2004 i was suffering from some too linear game campaigns etc.Back in 2007 when the game was released it was just EPIC, the Multiplayer was the best of the the decade possibly (at least for me!).The game itself wont let abandon it plus the Multiplayer servers are still almost full.I must say this and WaW are the CODs ever created.
  70. Oct 23, 2013
    This game, at this time, is not the current best MP, in my opinion. But when this game came out... It set the bar for MP in FPS's. By far being the most polished at it's time, COD 4 was the highest point in the Call of Duty series. This game is THE game that people base generic FPS's off of, to this day. And to that... I can't praise it enough since FPS is my favorite genre. HIGHLY recommend for anyone who likes a great shooter. Expand
  71. May 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It have been a while since I played this game but I remember every second of it. The campaign was really intense and 1 of the best of the COD series. Also it was the last COD that was really ahead of its time. Its a shame the developers of COD started to care more about their purse then about their fans. This is why I stopped loving this series, a shame. Expand
  72. Mar 8, 2013
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is revolutionary. It completely changed the Call of Duty series, completely overhauling the graphics design of Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2. This game offered an incredible campaign with challenging levels and awesome graphics. This game also offered an incredible multiplayer experience which debuted one of the most popular multiplayer modes in video game history. Check this game out. It isn't the best in the Call of Duty series (Call of Duty 2 is), but it offers one heck of a game. Expand
  73. Apr 24, 2013
    This is the pinnacle of the Call Of Duty franchise it has really gone to from here but this is a great game it really good good multiplayer plenty of servers that aren't hacks fun gameplay. Its not perfect but its actually really near it it has flaws but its a fun balanced game.
  74. Jul 6, 2013
    It is the exact same as the 360 game so you know it will be amazing but the graphics are better and you can run it at 333 FPS. the community is massive still you get the variety map pack for free and the mods are great and the controls are actually sleek for a PC game
  75. Apr 26, 2014
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a perfect example of an FPS with both amazing multiplayer and singleplayer. It also introduced the whole RPG-based level-up system, causing many gamers to spend any sort of social life they had left on this addictive level-up system.
  76. Apr 9, 2013
    This game has so much going for it, streamlined play and online experience made it one of the best games of the generation of consoles. The level customisation that is now a series staple was created in the fourth installment. Good maps and a streamlined experience made it certainly one of the most influential console online shooters ever. Single player was not perfect but well done and in most cases polished. The said storyline was good aswell, far surpassing normal shoot em up standards.

The only thing that can be said that is bad about Call Of Duty 4 is that it created the cycle of yearly (barely improved) Call Of Duty games that do nothing to further the series. Most of the games since COD 4 have just been re-skins of the same game and hardly improved at all but then again, why would you change a tried and tested formula that always guarantees profit every year)

Despite it being the father of said re-skins, the game itself is a masterpiece since before the age of copypasta Call Of Duty. If you haven't bought it yet, buy it now. The charms of the game are still just as strong for me in 2013, and I still come back to play it.
  77. Nov 16, 2013
    The game that defined a whole generation of First-Person Shooters.

The fourth major installment and arguably the best Call of Duty game ever, this is Modern Warfare. The series takes it's departure from their typical World War II games and strolls into modern-day war in the most epic and cinematic way. While playing the game, you actually feel like you're in the action and your NPC
    brothers in arms have feeling and seems really humane, from the graphics to the sound. Multiplayer also takes a big step up, but the focus on the game seems more weighted toward the online modes than other aspects. Playing with your buds have never been so fun. This my friends is a winner, but I'm unsure if the series or military shooters in general is taking a turn for the best or worse because of this game.... Expand
  78. Oct 8, 2013
    con grandes realismos es juego es lo mejor en la epoca de la guerra para el 2007 este juego esta mejor hecho que todos los demas espero ver mas despues
  79. Jun 15, 2014
    Graphics,mechanics,maneuver,sound,etc,all of it are just marvelous. The work of FPS most imitated by most other FPS,too exaggerated? Modern Warfare 1&2 are both good. 图像,游戏机制,操控,音效以及等等,所有部分都令人惊叹。 第一人称射击游戏中被最多其他第一人称射击游戏模仿最多的,是不是太夸张了? 现代战争1和2两代都是好作品。
  80. May 21, 2013
    Wow, I feel like I entered in a terrorist territory in the Coup level, and this is the best Call of Duty.

The SP has a very nice story and I like the MP Search & Destroy mode.

Best CoD game!
  81. Oct 27, 2013
    Am I the only one who enjoys cod4 multiplayer more than Team Fortress 2 after the Uber Update?
  82. Jan 7, 2014
    it is an awesome game probably the last one or one of the last good call of duty game. now they are doing some crap stuff with the call of duty games but they were doing awesome game before how this happened but this game as beautifull graphics it's a very good game at my eyes can't blame this game yes it is a litlle short but it still deserve a 10/10
  83. Aug 4, 2013
    Igra nove najmodernije generacije, preokret napravljen što se priče tiče, a grafika je pravo osvježenje, igra bez mane................................
  84. Oct 3, 2013
    I had given up on finding a truly satisfying multi-player experience after Halo had dropped. This game got me back into gaming again. I tried the Battlefield series and still the game play feel of CoD is superior. I just wish COD4 was still as popular today as it was before.
  85. Nov 14, 2013
    Best of the series. Great graphics, good map layouts, decent arsenal and fun fast paced action. Satisfiying Multiplayer experience. Even for today you can always come back to it and play. Golden times before IW turned into an money hoe.
  86. Nov 23, 2013
    I've played the fantastic campaign for this game multiple times and have spent many hours on the even-more-fantastic multiplayer. I've played all of the Call of Duty titles since and none of them have a campaign near as good as on Call of Duty 4, and only World at War comes close to being as fun as the multiplayer on this one.
  87. Mar 18, 2014
    best call of duty game that was ever made,6 games later and they still did not made a game that even can compete to this one. great great gameplay. hours of fun!
  88. Nov 6, 2013
    User Interface 10/10
    Sounds 10/10
    Music 10/10
  89. Nov 14, 2013
    Also were able to do before Infinity Ward Call of-Duty. All on 10 points, nowhere reproach. The best part in the series! All those who did not play, running for a gamepad or keyboard!
  90. Nov 13, 2013
    COD4 multiplayer had a lot of unique features and PERKS that were balanced and gave fresh feel that had me keep coming back for many hours. Over the hours of play some people would find perks they found that other players had that were annoying but yet it played a roll in the balance of things and this IMHO was a key successor for most of my enjoyment. Being able to switch things up and have fun and even doing lobbies with friends. Looking back I appreciate no care packages and the wide range of the maps some maps had choke points, some were round and open and there really was not a formula for maps like there is in their other installments. Overall the multiplayer had me hooked but the only downfall is the campaign can be slightly disappointing. Expand
  91. Nov 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare is the first COD game I ever owned. This is the only COD game i think is better then Battlefield. -Battlefield 4 But the reason it is so good is becuase you can connect to the characters in the campaign and also the modding community is amazing! It's so good they have such good mods eg. Star Wars mod and Prop hunt. The gameplay is spectacular and all the guns feel real. There were a few jumpy bits. Like in one of the missions dogs jump you. You can hear them but you can't see them. My favoraite mission is War Pig. I love seeing the AI being slaughtered in that mission.
    I recommend this game till the day I die. I will never forget this game!
  92. Dec 25, 2013
    There is only one word to say about this game: AWESOME. Infinity Ward did succeeded in getting rid of the old-fashion WWII-based script to create a whole new imaginary yet quite realistic world of wars and chaos, which impressed me completely. This is, for sure, the best game of the year
  93. Dec 30, 2013
    i am not a big fan of the call of duty franchise, but this game is completely different, the multi-player aspect is absolutely brilliant, especially the search and destroy game-mode, in my opinion even the best of the complete franchise. The single player mode is a bit short, but also brilliant. I've been playing this game for a couple of years now, and i still can't get enough of it.
  94. Jan 2, 2014
    I've played all Call of Duty games (yes, all!) and this is the crown jewel. It's simply one of the best games I've ever played. I've spent hours and hours playing it, and the fact that now in 2014 there are loads of people still out there playing multi-player says a lot. The only other COD game that comes close to the greatness of this game is MW2. The others are more or less forgettable.
  95. Feb 21, 2014
    2007 nyeonttae really huge impact and left a lingering game. Now a lot of time in the past, then the impact is not eternal but feel though that great masterpiece!
  96. Jul 26, 2014
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. I know what you are thinking: haven't I given this game a terrible review before? Well, to tell you the truth, the real reasons why I didn't like this game at first are that for one thing, so many people hate this series' most recent installments. Along with that, I just couldn't get over how the Search and Destroy multiplayer mode was just a carbon copy of Counter-Strike. However, I then played the original Call of Duty (back when the game was WWII based rather than a fictional modern war), and I really enjoyed it. I then wondered: should I give this game another try? So, did I enjoy this game more the second time around, or do I still want to attack the people that created this game? Let's find out. This game plays a lot like any other first-person shooter. You have multiple weapons, there are plenty of enemies to fight, and pretty much everything else that makes a shooter what it is. The difference between this game and the others is that this game is much more cinematic. Because this game takes place in a modern war, you will often be fighting with squad members, explosions and firefights going on in the background, and many more enemies to fight than in a normal shooter. This game also succeeds where I have seen many other shooters fail: when I play this game, I actually feel like I'm in the middle of a war. While there have been shooters that prove that war is not necessary to make a good shooter, (Half-Life 1, BioShock, Doom, Borderlands), Call of Duty 4 really shines in how it makes you feel like you're in the middle of a war. I originally harshly criticized this game's AI. However, looking back at it, the AI really isn't that bad. At the very least, it does get the job done of making you feel like you're in a war. The game may also be very easy, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun. It is also redundant, but it is redundant in a way that is fresh and enjoyable. As for the lack of skill, as it turns out, I was also wrong here. It does actually require some skill to kill enemies. In the end, the single player campaign is actually pretty good, and I don't know why I didn't enjoy it at first. As for the multiplayer, I actually enjoyed it a lot more the second time around when I played it. Yes, its modes are taken from other shooters, however, it feels far more fresh and new here. In Unreal Tournament team deathmatch, your team is mostly spread out, and you fight through corridors. Here, you all start out in the same spot, and you fight in much more open areas. The same goes for normal deathmatch and domination. As for Search and Destroy, while it does rip-off Counter-Strike, it also makes more of a use of the open maps. It also has two unique modes called Headquarters and Sabotage that are really fun to play. Also, I criticized the kill streaks in my first review, but I now realize that the kill streaks actually make the game far more unique, and not just "Unreal Tournament in Modern Warfare". The gameplay of this game is actually pretty enjoyable, and I have no idea why I criticized it at first. As for the graphics, while they do look somewhat dated even by 2007, they certainly don't look muddy. They actually look really good. The environments are actually very well detailed, and pretty to look at. The soldiers look good too. It may not look as good as Crysis or BioShock, both of which were released on the same year, but it still looks quite good nonetheless. As for the story, I originally thought it was terrible because it was too easy to understand and explain. However, I now realize that I was wrong about this. It is actually good because it is easy to understand and explain. Basically the British and the U.S. Army have to go across the world to Russia and the Middle East in order to stop terrible men from taking over the world. The game may have a huge lack of character development, but I feel like it's not really needed here. In fact, the game is good enough with out that. The story may not be as good as the gameplay and graphics, but it is compelling enough to be interested in. Overall, this game is nowhere near is bad as I initially said it was. I was letting the haters of this franchise cloud my judgement. It really is a pretty solid game. I would recommend it to pretty much anyone who is a shooter fanboy. It is not the best shooter ever made or anything. However, it is safe to say I will not criticize this franchise anymore. To all of you Call of Duty players out there who want to play the game, go right ahead. I will not even try to stop you.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 9/10
    Story: 8/10
    Overall: 9/10
  97. Feb 8, 2014
    The only good Modern Warfare game. It has a great campaign mode and it's more original than the others. And it has the greatest Multiplayer without a doubt. There is nothing really original and useful innovation after this game. C'mon Activision!!
  98. Feb 28, 2014
    By far the best Call of Duty. It set a spark in the gaming world and to this day the same engine and graphics are used in the newest Call of Duties. Unlike every other Call of Duty title (except for the sequels) you actually want to do the campaign and the campaign is amazing at that. The multiplayer for this set the standard for all coming multiplayer games to live up to. I don't think the world of gaming would be the same without it and it is without a doubt a masterpiece. Expand
  99. Apr 6, 2014
    one of the biggest most exciting game i have ever played . Call of duty series is the fun games i have ever played . there so much better and a lot fun . Grade A+
  100. Mar 9, 2014
    Can't believe this game is almost 7 years old. I have playd this game for years and for me CoD4 is the last real Call of Duty. Singleplayer campaign is really short, but for its time it was breathtaking. Multiplayer is the best part of this game. Promod is making it one of the best progaming titles of all the time and even if this game is not one of the most played mutliplayer FPSs now, there is a lot of good servers where you cal play. Expand
  101. Feb 20, 2012

1. A beautifully crafted first-person shooter, but without a compelling context. How much does that matter? To me, a little. Not a lot, but it nags. [Dec 2007, p.73]
    Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.
  3. It’s absolutely relentless in its assault on the senses and never lets up until the last trigger has been squeezed. The multiplayer is even better, with the perks and weapon upgrades acting as a balance to the lack of vehicles.