8.5

1. Feb 9, 2011
    Balance. Pure Balance. on top of the intensely realistic campaign and creative plot, sits the fantastic multiplayer. This game, unlike MANY others, can call its self a balanced game. although this franchise has had many attempts to recreate the cod4 experience, this game will just never be beat. I want to be buried in my grave with this game in my arms.
  2. Feb 17, 2011
    I am sorry if I double-posted this, but the ones who gave it 5(s) and below haven't played against the real deal and in the real play.
    Yes, the normal MultiPlayer is full of noobs and campers, BUT we have "Promod".
    - You want balance? Promod doesn't count EXP and ranks. - You say hip-spraying? You're dead before you actually kill someone if you don't use your sights even in middle-range
    Yes, the normal MultiPlayer is full of noobs and campers, BUT we have "Promod".

- You want balance?
    Promod doesn't count EXP and ranks.
    - You say hip-spraying?
    You're dead before you actually kill someone if you don't use your sights even in middle-range situation.
    - You say run and gun without tactics?
    You're gonna get ambushed by pro-campers.
    - You say the X appears even when you hit someone through the wall?
    Promod gets rid of that. No wallbanging noobs anymore.

In normal gameplay, and this is the most subject that people debated:
    - You say that it's unbalanced for Rank-1 to fight against Rank-55?
    The starting weapon (M16, MP5, M249, M40A3) is so great and damaging that some Rank-55 players prefer to use them rather than those fancy M60, Barrett 50 cal and P90. All the Rank-1 perks are also always implemented on at least one of the class; they're the basic foundation of pure ownage (damage, accuracy and extra bullet penetration). Extra ammos? Tch, it's not like you (or the rounds) are going to survive that long.
  3. Jun 18, 2011
    The second best COD that has been made in my opinion. the story mode was gripping and fun. The MP was filled with excitement and an awesome community. The singleplayer did lack some emotion and the multiplayer did suffer from a tiny bit of over powered weapons(M60, RPK) but all in all this was an amazing game.
  4. Sep 13, 2011
    Greatest FPS of all time. Campaign is utterly amazing and that's just the beginning. Multiplayer... I have no words for how incredible it is. If you don't own this game, you should, like right now.
  5. Mar 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the first real FPS i ever tried, and it was amazing! Truly amazing. The only problem, is that some of the guns (P90 for instance) is really overpowered. It is also easy to go with undetected hacks there. Expand
  6. Apr 19, 2011
    Playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is experiencing a great film. And great films - like great some games - never appear linear; their finite stories belie the seemingly expansive possibilities of their genre. The reality is, of course, that the action of an FPS offers only a limited number of scenarios. However, done well, these scenarios offer both the serious and the casual gamerPlaying Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is experiencing a great film. And great films - like great some games - never appear linear; their finite stories belie the seemingly expansive possibilities of their genre. The reality is, of course, that the action of an FPS offers only a limited number of scenarios. However, done well, these scenarios offer both the serious and the casual gamer well-crafted slices of unreal action. Not least because the army down-plays the getting-shot-aspect of real life. http://teachergamer.blogspot.com/2011/04/call-of-duty-modern-warfare.html Expand
  7. Apr 15, 2011
    This is a great game I never get Tired of playing it. I also enjoy the single player mode it seems the people putting out games now are trying to take that single player mode away. We as gamers should not let that happen. Call of Duty 4 gets a solid 10.0 for being a good multiplayer and SINGLE PLAYER game. Keep talking about the single player mode people if you don't it will be gone and noThis is a great game I never get Tired of playing it. I also enjoy the single player mode it seems the people putting out games now are trying to take that single player mode away. We as gamers should not let that happen. Call of Duty 4 gets a solid 10.0 for being a good multiplayer and SINGLE PLAYER game. Keep talking about the single player mode people if you don't it will be gone and no good gamer worth there salt wants that to happen. I know I am old school I miss those arcades from back in the day. Good fun and friends then! Expand
  8. Apr 17, 2011
    this rocks i love how it has the slow mo moments and cheats the story is sharp and involing and when a emeny tank epoldes you feel a sence of pride best shooter to date besides cod mw2 and half life 2
  9. Apr 25, 2011
    I was absolutely awe-inspired by this game. I simply cant recommend it enough. I would have payed 60 for the single-player alone, but the multi-player was outstanding as well.
  10. Oct 9, 2011
    The last TRUE COD game, the series ever since has been dead to me, full of hackers online with zero skill needed other than twitch speed bunny hopping to dodge bullets.
  11. Apr 29, 2011
    I *really* enjoyed this. A cracking game, full of varied missions, excitement, not too linear (though fairly), and a ripping yarn. And what's more, each mission contained replayability: a LOT of thought had obviously gone into each mission bloc such that many of them are really enjoyable the tenth and twentieth time. I think what appeals most is that the missions are quite varied, theI *really* enjoyed this. A cracking game, full of varied missions, excitement, not too linear (though fairly), and a ripping yarn. And what's more, each mission contained replayability: a LOT of thought had obviously gone into each mission bloc such that many of them are really enjoyable the tenth and twentieth time. I think what appeals most is that the missions are quite varied, the graphics good quality without being too GPU draining, and the AI is fairly good. I think this is about the best linear, shoot-'em-up FPS I've played in many years. Expand
  12. Jan 31, 2012
    Every other CoD game is more profitable than the previous one but this title is my favourite part. Additionally, it wasn't until Modern Warfare that I sunk into the multiplayer so hard :) Rewarding system in Black Ops wasn't so well thought and it lacked such impact that this game had. Easy to use and understand and to jump in to, REALLY hard to master.

Graphics 9.2/10
    Audio 8.9/10
    Gameplay 10/10
  13. Jun 3, 2011
    GameCritics: Best Action Game
    GameSpot: Best Graphics, Best Shooter, Best Xbox 360 Game, Best PlayStation 3 Game
    GameTrailers: Best Graphics, Best PS3 Game GamePro: Best Overall Game of the Year IGN: Best Xbox 360 Game, Best Shooter of 2007 GameSpy: Best PS3 Game, Best Xbox 360 Game, Best PC Game, Game of the Year X-Play: Best Shooter, Best Sound Design Spike Video Game Awards: Best
    GameCritics: Best Action Game
    GameTrailers: Best Graphics, Best PS3 Game
    GamePro: Best Overall Game of the Year
    IGN: Best Xbox 360 Game, Best Shooter of 2007
    GameSpy: Best PS3 Game, Best Xbox 360 Game, Best PC Game, Game of the Year
    X-Play: Best Shooter, Best Sound Design
    Spike Video Game Awards: Best Shooter, Best Military Game
    Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences: Action Game of the Year, Console Game of the Year, Overall Game of the Year
  14. Jul 5, 2011
    This is my one of my favorite Modern Warfare games it has a good story great mechanics new guns though multiplayer is kind of a toss up its real fun and competitive and then there's hackers server transfers and tubers i don't mind campers the make the game more interesting/easier all in all good game and multiplayer could have been great but turned out to be a nightmare.
  15. Jul 17, 2011
    Singleplayer was good, I enjoyed that but wasn't that shocked by what I was seeing. Multiplayer is also good, very Addictive and while some are poor there are some great Maps. A decent FPS but I have seen better before
  16. Feb 22, 2012
    Unlike its sequels this one is actually good, in the sense its not really realistic, but that's why they said just "Photo-realistic", not real life realistic...... the story i liked and it wasn't completely repetitive, and the maps were just fun to play, still i prefer Counter strike, and those games.....
    story-8, fun-7, upgrading, nothin just dlc's or extra maps they release for 15$, i hate DLC's just a way to get more money, creativity- isnt really their
  17. Aug 8, 2011
    My absolute all time favorite FPS. This is the game that brought me back to FPS's after I stopped playing Battlefield 1942. It was the first game that I bought when I built my first computer that I owned outright, and is still the game I play most. The single player is enjoyable enough, though definitely not the main calling of this game. The multiplayer is fantastic, and dew to the use ofMy absolute all time favorite FPS. This is the game that brought me back to FPS's after I stopped playing Battlefield 1942. It was the first game that I bought when I built my first computer that I owned outright, and is still the game I play most. The single player is enjoyable enough, though definitely not the main calling of this game. The multiplayer is fantastic, and dew to the use of dedicated servers, you can find all sorts of play styles from the typical run and gun to the more realistic "tactical realism crouch" styles. I am, and forever will be, in love with this game. Expand
  18. Aug 16, 2011
    MULTIPLAYER GAME IS SICK! i play it everyday and i wont stop playing this in my life never, i have fun always, single player mode is "good", the single player mode from mw2 is a lot better but this game is EXCELENTE!
  19. Sep 27, 2011
    Pretty good game. If you were going to buy Black Ops or something, I'd get this instead. Great story, and the multiplayer is the bast part. Now, go grab an M4, and kick some ass.
  20. Sep 13, 2011
    I don't have much to say about this game, I can only say that this game is one of the best achievements in history of gaming and I'm very proud to be part of it :)
  21. Sep 29, 2011
    I honestly only came here to rate this great game. One of the best cods, other than 2, for gameplay and replayability. Trust all of the positive reviews, the negative ones are either trolls, or people with different taste.
  22. Oct 18, 2011
    COD 4 is without a doubt one of the (if not 'the') single best game I have ever played. Due to issues with the MP, I can't comment on it, but the Single Player mode is utterly mezmorising. Boasting impressive graphics and one heck of a compelling narrative coupled with its replayability; no-one can deny the quality of the campaign.
  23. Oct 25, 2011
    Great Classic. Its perfect in many cases, but that certain something I can't describe is missing. A Milestone when it comes to Shooters, for sure. Modern Warfare.
  24. Nov 9, 2011
    I was worried when Infinity Ward announced they were going to ditch the World War II genre and move to Modern Warfare, but after a tentative Single Player play-through and a few hours notched up on Multiplayer, I fell in love. This game is beautifully made in every aspect, and is still one of the most popular games to rent a gaming server for. The campaign is varied and stunning, and theI was worried when Infinity Ward announced they were going to ditch the World War II genre and move to Modern Warfare, but after a tentative Single Player play-through and a few hours notched up on Multiplayer, I fell in love. This game is beautifully made in every aspect, and is still one of the most popular games to rent a gaming server for. The campaign is varied and stunning, and the adrenaline rush you feel after completing the first level and seeing the title roll up makes you realise, "this is going to be good." And it doesn't disappoint. On-line is where this game really comes in to it's own, as the game-modes, weapons, attachments, kill streaks and challenges are all a welcome addition to an excellent series of games. It's hard to fault this title. Expand
  25. Nov 9, 2011
    User Interface 10/10
    Sounds 8/10
    Music 7/10
  26. Apr 15, 2012
    After all of the Call of Duty releases out now this game still remains to be the best. No over the top kill streaks, no game breaking glitches, and the most solid mechanics for multiplayer yet. I put the same number of bullets in someone every time and they die. Its amazing. Also some of the best maps. The new COD games of the series are trash in comparison.
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    The game that changed the FPS scene in the past 5 years.
    A great single player adventure and amazing arcade multiplayer action.
    Very enjoyable and fun.
    The sequels get worse by the year not bringing anything new to the table so if you played this one you have played them all.

Don't bother with the sequels and not with MW3 that was just released.
  28. Nov 14, 2011
    Still one of the best games in the series. I would gladly pay for new DLC for this game. I think that Activision is missing out. It would be great to have a few patches to add new game modes or maps. Much better than the garbage that has followed. I have MW2, Black OPs, and MW3 in the modern shooter and still find myself back to COD4. What a shame that a company that was able to set theStill one of the best games in the series. I would gladly pay for new DLC for this game. I think that Activision is missing out. It would be great to have a few patches to add new game modes or maps. Much better than the garbage that has followed. I have MW2, Black OPs, and MW3 in the modern shooter and still find myself back to COD4. What a shame that a company that was able to set the bar so high with this title, can't seem to reach their own mark now. Expand
  29. Nov 21, 2011
    this was the last good Call of Duty title for PC. Call of Duty UNITED OFFENSIVE still remains as the king of multiplayer followed by CoD4 and CoD2. the 2nd and 3rd MW are NOT FOR PC. so this is the last real CoD for PC.
  30. Nov 15, 2011
    Easily one of the best FPS games I have ever played. When I first played this game at my cousin's house on launch day, I literally thought he was watching a war video. I thought the sounds and graphics were so real. I bought it for myself and ended up falling in love. The campaign is a force to be reckoned with and the multiplayer mode is absolutely addicting. A definite buy for FPS fans.
  31. Nov 18, 2011
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is the best Call of Duty game of all time. The campaign is very entertaining, and has an enticing storyline. Online play only makes the game that much better, where you can play for fun or attempt to join leagues and play the game competitively.
  32. Feb 20, 2012
    U like it or not, it's best Call of Duty game in series. Story in single-player is innovation, and something new to CoD series. I'm still playing single-player sometimes. Multiplayer is best experience ever. It's better than CoD MW2 or MW3 or any CoD MP. Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare Multiplayer is best in every aspect.
    And if ur bored of playing normal MP u still can get some skill on
    And if ur bored of playing normal MP u still can get some skill on great modification - ProMod.
  33. Dec 10, 2011
    THE highlight of the single player was the last mission, Mile High Club, which when played on the veteran difficulty turned out to be one of the most enjoyable single player level I have played in recent years. Apart from that, the single player missions are just copy-paste from older CoDs with new graphics and fancy weapons. Maybe that AC-130 shooting game is something new, but I didn'tTHE highlight of the single player was the last mission, Mile High Club, which when played on the veteran difficulty turned out to be one of the most enjoyable single player level I have played in recent years. Apart from that, the single player missions are just copy-paste from older CoDs with new graphics and fancy weapons. Maybe that AC-130 shooting game is something new, but I didn't like it that much. Multiplayer is definitely worth playing as it can be fun at times, but be ready to be kicked quite a few times if you're remotely good at this game as you can get kills through the wall quite easily and immature admins kick you for wallhacking. But that's just the community so I'm not taking any scores off because of that. I wish they fixed the killstreak system as you will spend ages sitting in the corner trying to get rid of that helicopter call you have, or you could just waste it.
    If you have played previous CoD games, the single player will probably disappoint you, but multiplayer has some fun elements to it. For someone who has never played CoD or FPS games, this game could provide you with a lot of fun.
  34. Jan 5, 2013
    One of the best games i have ever played, i still find myself playing it on my Xbox and Pc, this game derserves a new update, so people will start finding this game amazing again, it is way to underplayed. And i find that shame-full, comparing this shooter to others would be like comparing, Diamond to dust.
  35. Feb 18, 2012
    by far the best multiplayer fps i've ever experienced. i had just come off playing bf2 when i started playing this and the fast paced action with the ability to actually aim (unlike games like bf2 and cs where unless you were used to it guns were about as accurate as a wet towel). since launch this has been my favourite fps.
  36. Mar 12, 2012
    this is the best of the cod series for sure.this game is the reason why cod series is still on top.its very different from its predecessors.single player was excellent but short at the same time but multiplayer was amazing.
  37. Mar 7, 2012
    Very solid game. The single player is fun but short.

The multiplayer is also pretty fun. However, considering the high player count on servers on the PC version, it feels too congested sometimes, and the game play degenerates into an absolute spamfest. Regardless, it has its moments and is one of the better Call of Duty games out there. It has a lot of good maps and weapon selections.
  38. Mar 7, 2012
    A very good multi player game, but highly overrated by the media and the fan boys that clog up the servers. If I had to play any FPS at all, this wouldn't be my first choice, but it is not a bad title by any means.
  39. Mar 16, 2012
    I've played this game a lot as a LAN game at university during breaks enjoying an awesome multiplayer experience on most of the maps. While I don't like playing, failing and leveling up until you are able to play the game as it was meant to be, the unlocking system was a horrible step to take which became popular in modern FPS games! I cannot figure out if it was the level design, niceI've played this game a lot as a LAN game at university during breaks enjoying an awesome multiplayer experience on most of the maps. While I don't like playing, failing and leveling up until you are able to play the game as it was meant to be, the unlocking system was a horrible step to take which became popular in modern FPS games! I cannot figure out if it was the level design, nice game modes, good ingame communication or just our group of players that made CoD4 one of the best multiplayer FPS games I've played since CoD1 (haven't tried many in between). Since then multiplayer games seem to have lost the way to team players up (maybe the console gaming with players have to few buttons!?).
    +++
    The singleplayer game is quite straight forward with some awesome moments (The Aftermath) and some horrible flaws: You are the super soldier who has to blow up things, shoot any enemy, push forward -- which hinders you from playing a support gunner covering your team -- and do all the stuff your teammates can't, but you CANNOT OPEN DOORS! At any point the game has a door you have to wait for your team to open the door and take away all action from you -- okay, in terms of story telling and stopping you from killing important NPCs, it is a way. Still it feels like you are missing the general key to the world anyone else has....
    +++
    After all the game tells its story pretty good without having a whole invasion going on and killing you once an hour for random story reasons. Graphics have reached a sufficient level, anything more is nice to have and forces the player to buy better equipment without any more gain. Multiplayer was a pleasure to play offline and was absolutely worthwhile!
  40. Mar 12, 2014
    That's one of my favorite games. An epic story that should impress every player. The events and the characters are well chosen. And the gameplay is unprecedented. The multiplayer is an amazing fun. A masterpiece. That's good entertainment.
  41. Aug 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (also known as Call of Duty 4 or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare) (Rus "Call of Duty 4: Modern War") - multi-platform video game, first person shooter, developed by U.S. company Infinity Ward and published by Activision. The game is the fourth in a series of Call of Duty and the first sub-Modern Warfare, the project has officially been announced by May 26, 2007.
    Game Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was released on November 5, 2007 in three target platforms: PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 are also for the other three platforms: Mac, Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii. On November 12, 2007, the game became available for purchase through the online service Steam.
    The game's plot is associated with modern warfare, the single player campaign gives the player to play for some of the fighters and U.S. special services and regular parts of the UK. The game takes place in Russia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan and the Middle East.
    During the first 24 hours of sales has sold nearly 600,000 copies of the game. Total world was realized over 10 million copies of the game. The game has become one of the best in the series Call of Duty.
    Also, May 25, 2010 the game became available for purchase in the Xbox Live, allowing interested in purchasing this game do not buy it on disk, and by paying, download to your console.
  42. Jun 17, 2013
    I got this game at release date, the campaign was good, but the multiplayer was amazing.
    Even to this date, Call of Duty 4 is by far the best Call of Duty game I've played, newer Call of Duty games aren't as fun to play as CoD 4, every match is full of campers on newer CoD games, also on CoD 4 we have dedicated servers and mods which gives the game more life.
    One thing that I didn't

One thing that I didn't liked was the veteran difficulty, I just barely finished it once on veteran difficulty, it feels like you die by a cheap way every time.
  43. Jul 30, 2012
    I havent play it online yet but i got best FPS experience with single player. Great game didnt bored even for second. Too bad there's no good call of dutys after MW:1...
  44. Aug 6, 2012
    I can only speak to the SP side of things, but in this respect the game shines. The campaign is not particularly long, but it does a good job of pacing itself--not like its sequels which blow their wad right away. The story is not particularly original, but it ties the missions together nicely and even makes you care about the characters. By the end--which I won't spoil--you feel veryI can only speak to the SP side of things, but in this respect the game shines. The campaign is not particularly long, but it does a good job of pacing itself--not like its sequels which blow their wad right away. The story is not particularly original, but it ties the missions together nicely and even makes you care about the characters. By the end--which I won't spoil--you feel very invested in what's going on, and the adrenaline is pumping. To increase replay value there's an "arcade mode" which lets you score points as you replay the missions, a neat little feature that I wish had been implemented in future installments. Expand
  45. Jul 24, 2012
    Still the BEST FPS game ever, I still play this game often. To be honest, it's better than Battlefield 3 and MW3 .
    The multiplayer part is very well made and the gameplay is well thought out
  46. Jul 30, 2012
    This game well deserved all the Hype about it, and was pretty much responsible for throwing one of the best FPS of all time from its Throne ( CounterStrike ). It wasnt the game that killed CS, but was a well worth replacement.

Sadly its sequels very really bad in comparison, not only did they ban dedicated server for PC, it was also too futuristic for my likings. But this game itself is really one of the best MP shooters i ever played on Console and PC
  47. Nov 7, 2013
    The Call of Duty's fame started here. This is the best Call of Duty yet! Graphics were too much for 2007, gameplay is freaking great and the multiplayer is the best! This is really worth your money and it's better than Call of Duty: Ghosts.
  48. Nov 18, 2012
    Honstly, I think this is the most balanced and well designed Call of Duty game that has been made. I would rather have remakes of this stellar game than the sequels that it spawned :(
  49. Feb 1, 2013
    This, is my opinion, is the only Call of Duty worth paying 60 dollars for. All of the other Modern Warfares or Black Ops' are map packs for this game. It's sad to see how downhill the rest of the franchise has gone, but Call of Duty 4 will always be a respected, well made masterpiece.
  50. Nov 24, 2012
    When i started playing FPS games around 2004 i was suffering from some too linear game campaigns etc.Back in 2007 when the game was released it was just EPIC, the Multiplayer was the best of the the decade possibly (at least for me!).The game itself wont let abandon it plus the Multiplayer servers are still almost full.I must say this and WaW are the CODs ever created.
  51. Oct 23, 2013
    This game, at this time, is not the current best MP, in my opinion. But when this game came out... It set the bar for MP in FPS's. By far being the most polished at it's time, COD 4 was the highest point in the Call of Duty series. This game is THE game that people base generic FPS's off of, to this day. And to that... I can't praise it enough since FPS is my favorite genre. HIGHLYThis game, at this time, is not the current best MP, in my opinion. But when this game came out... It set the bar for MP in FPS's. By far being the most polished at it's time, COD 4 was the highest point in the Call of Duty series. This game is THE game that people base generic FPS's off of, to this day. And to that... I can't praise it enough since FPS is my favorite genre. HIGHLY recommend for anyone who likes a great shooter. Expand
  52. May 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It have been a while since I played this game but I remember every second of it. The campaign was really intense and 1 of the best of the COD series. Also it was the last COD that was really ahead of its time. Its a shame the developers of COD started to care more about their purse then about their fans. This is why I stopped loving this series, a shame. Expand
  53. Mar 8, 2013
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is revolutionary. It completely changed the Call of Duty series, completely overhauling the graphics design of Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2. This game offered an incredible campaign with challenging levels and awesome graphics. This game also offered an incredible multiplayer experience which debuted one of the most popular multiplayer modes in video gameCall of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is revolutionary. It completely changed the Call of Duty series, completely overhauling the graphics design of Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2. This game offered an incredible campaign with challenging levels and awesome graphics. This game also offered an incredible multiplayer experience which debuted one of the most popular multiplayer modes in video game history. Check this game out. It isn't the best in the Call of Duty series (Call of Duty 2 is), but it offers one heck of a game. Expand
  54. Apr 24, 2013
    This is the pinnacle of the Call Of Duty franchise it has really gone to from here but this is a great game it really good good multiplayer plenty of servers that aren't hacks fun gameplay. Its not perfect but its actually really near it it has flaws but its a fun balanced game.
  55. Jul 6, 2013
    It is the exact same as the 360 game so you know it will be amazing but the graphics are better and you can run it at 333 FPS. the community is massive still you get the variety map pack for free and the mods are great and the controls are actually sleek for a PC game
  56. Apr 26, 2014
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a perfect example of an FPS with both amazing multiplayer and singleplayer. It also introduced the whole RPG-based level-up system, causing many gamers to spend any sort of social life they had left on this addictive level-up system.
  57. Apr 9, 2013
    This game has so much going for it, streamlined play and online experience made it one of the best games of the generation of consoles. The level customisation that is now a series staple was created in the fourth installment. Good maps and a streamlined experience made it certainly one of the most influential console online shooters ever. Single player was not perfect but well done and inThis game has so much going for it, streamlined play and online experience made it one of the best games of the generation of consoles. The level customisation that is now a series staple was created in the fourth installment. Good maps and a streamlined experience made it certainly one of the most influential console online shooters ever. Single player was not perfect but well done and in most cases polished. The said storyline was good aswell, far surpassing normal shoot em up standards.

The only thing that can be said that is bad about Call Of Duty 4 is that it created the cycle of yearly (barely improved) Call Of Duty games that do nothing to further the series. Most of the games since COD 4 have just been re-skins of the same game and hardly improved at all but then again, why would you change a tried and tested formula that always guarantees profit every year)

Despite it being the father of said re-skins, the game itself is a masterpiece since before the age of copypasta Call Of Duty. If you haven't bought it yet, buy it now. The charms of the game are still just as strong for me in 2013, and I still come back to play it.
  58. Nov 16, 2013
    The game that defined a whole generation of First-Person Shooters.

The game that defined a whole generation of First-Person Shooters.

The fourth major installment and arguably the best Call of Duty game ever, this is Modern Warfare. The series takes it's departure from their typical World War II games and strolls into modern-day war in the most epic and cinematic way. While playing the game, you actually feel like you're in the action and your NPC brothers in arms have feeling and seems really humane, from the graphics to the sound. Multiplayer also takes a big step up, but the focus on the game seems more weighted toward the online modes than other aspects. Playing with your buds have never been so fun. This my friends is a winner, but I'm unsure if the series or military shooters in general is taking a turn for the best or worse because of this game....
  59. Oct 8, 2013
    con grandes realismos es juego es lo mejor en la epoca de la guerra para el 2007 este juego esta mejor hecho que todos los demas espero ver mas despues
  60. Dec 17, 2014
    This is an alright game

IF killing people is your thing, only buy this...

Overall, bad gameplay and one type of enemy with interactive movie action
  61. May 28, 2013
    The last good Call of Duty. The Campaign is good, if a little short. The multiplayer is fantastic, just a shame about the fanboys. And the graphics are good quality and nice to look at. It's all downhill from here.
  62. Oct 27, 2013
    Am I the only one who enjoys cod4 multiplayer more than Team Fortress 2 after the Uber Update?
  63. Jan 7, 2014
    it is an awesome game probably the last one or one of the last good call of duty game. now they are doing some crap stuff with the call of duty games but they were doing awesome game before how this happened but this game as beautifull graphics it's a very good game at my eyes can't blame this game yes it is a litlle short but it still deserve a 10/10
  64. Aug 31, 2013
    This is a brilliant game and it very enjoyable. Finally the setting has changed so no more WW2 but the beginning of WW3. The characters are also great and overall it is a thrilling experience.
  65. Oct 3, 2013
    I had given up on finding a truly satisfying multi-player experience after Halo had dropped. This game got me back into gaming again. I tried the Battlefield series and still the game play feel of CoD is superior. I just wish COD4 was still as popular today as it was before.
  66. Oct 22, 2013
    The Call of Duty series since inception has been a title about high energy dramatic set pieces against a backdrop of World War II. Under the careful guidance of WWII digital veterans Infinity Ward the series dips its toe into the messy politics of the 21st century. Pacing is intensified over any previous installment as small sandbox set pieces are delivered in rapid succession giving fewThe Call of Duty series since inception has been a title about high energy dramatic set pieces against a backdrop of World War II. Under the careful guidance of WWII digital veterans Infinity Ward the series dips its toe into the messy politics of the 21st century. Pacing is intensified over any previous installment as small sandbox set pieces are delivered in rapid succession giving few moments of breath or contemplation to the gravity of unfolding events. Moving satellite photos and news reports thrust the player in and out of conflicts all over the globe never giving the player a chance to ever fully explore or tire of any location.

The world of Modern Warfare is vast, chaotic and chillingly relevant. The high octane set pieces are designed to rival anything Hollywood has tried to create at a high cost of not connecting with any individual characters you inhabit. Perhaps that is the point? Every character while in the moment is vitally trying to control an always out of control situation. The chain of circumstances begins with the execution of an unnamed middle eastern president who is gagged and partially blindfolded. His view becomes your own, as his restricted vision and mobility heighten our engagement with a war torn city as you
    are escorted to your death experienced first hand. The footage is shown to the world kick starting a world wide series of events that hosts post-September 11 fears tempered with the realities of US and Russian corruption.

The game never tires leading up to a terrifying nuclear detonation, the lack of mental breaks can bring on fatigue but definitely provides the template for a new genre of action experiences that Hollywood may one day mimic. Not an evolution of the action genre, but a dramatic off shoot that leaves little room to out extreme in the future without delving into the farcical or pure fantasy.
  67. Nov 14, 2013
    Best of the series. Great graphics, good map layouts, decent arsenal and fun fast paced action. Satisfiying Multiplayer experience. Even for today you can always come back to it and play. Golden times before IW turned into an money hoe.
  68. Nov 23, 2013
    I've played the fantastic campaign for this game multiple times and have spent many hours on the even-more-fantastic multiplayer. I've played all of the Call of Duty titles since and none of them have a campaign near as good as on Call of Duty 4, and only World at War comes close to being as fun as the multiplayer on this one.
  69. Mar 18, 2014
    best call of duty game that was ever made,6 games later and they still did not made a game that even can compete to this one. great great gameplay. hours of fun!
  70. Nov 14, 2013
    Also were able to do before Infinity Ward Call of-Duty. All on 10 points, nowhere reproach. The best part in the series! All those who did not play, running for a gamepad or keyboard!
  71. Nov 13, 2013
    COD4 multiplayer had a lot of unique features and PERKS that were balanced and gave fresh feel that had me keep coming back for many hours. Over the hours of play some people would find perks they found that other players had that were annoying but yet it played a roll in the balance of things and this IMHO was a key successor for most of my enjoyment. Being able to switch things up andCOD4 multiplayer had a lot of unique features and PERKS that were balanced and gave fresh feel that had me keep coming back for many hours. Over the hours of play some people would find perks they found that other players had that were annoying but yet it played a roll in the balance of things and this IMHO was a key successor for most of my enjoyment. Being able to switch things up and have fun and even doing lobbies with friends. Looking back I appreciate no care packages and the wide range of the maps some maps had choke points, some were round and open and there really was not a formula for maps like there is in their other installments. Overall the multiplayer had me hooked but the only downfall is the campaign can be slightly disappointing. Expand
  72. Nov 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare is the first COD game I ever owned. This is the only COD game i think is better then Battlefield. -Battlefield 4 But the reason it is so good is becuase you can connect to the characters in the campaign and also the modding community is amazing! It's so good they have such good mods eg. Star Wars mod and Prop hunt. The gameplay is spectacular and all the guns feel real. There were a few jumpy bits. Like in one of the missions dogs jump you. You can hear them but you can't see them. My favoraite mission is War Pig. I love seeing the AI being slaughtered in that mission.
    I recommend this game till the day I die. I will never forget this game!
  73. Dec 25, 2013
    There is only one word to say about this game: AWESOME. Infinity Ward did succeeded in getting rid of the old-fashion WWII-based script to create a whole new imaginary yet quite realistic world of wars and chaos, which impressed me completely. This is, for sure, the best game of the year
  74. Dec 30, 2013
    i am not a big fan of the call of duty franchise, but this game is completely different, the multi-player aspect is absolutely brilliant, especially the search and destroy game-mode, in my opinion even the best of the complete franchise. The single player mode is a bit short, but also brilliant. I've been playing this game for a couple of years now, and i still can't get enough of it.
  75. Jan 2, 2014
    I've played all Call of Duty games (yes, all!) and this is the crown jewel. It's simply one of the best games I've ever played. I've spent hours and hours playing it, and the fact that now in 2014 there are loads of people still out there playing multi-player says a lot. The only other COD game that comes close to the greatness of this game is MW2. The others are more or less forgettable.
  76. Feb 21, 2014
    2007 nyeonttae really huge impact and left a lingering game. Now a lot of time in the past, then the impact is not eternal but feel though that great masterpiece!
  77. Jan 17, 2014
    Bought it 6 years ago. 6 YEARS AGO. I'm still occasionally playing it to this day. Unlike recent cods, this game has an absolute amazing multiplayer gameplay, with maps in various different sizes and designs for all players except 64v64 madnesses.

Weapon balancing is great, leveling progression is somewhat decent. I'm dissapointed they didn't add prestiges for the PC version which is the reason I'm giving this an 8 instead of a 9 or 10.

Modding coudn't be less great! You want to play zombies? Okay, heres a server. You want to play promod? Okay, heres a server. You want to play paintball? Okay, heres a server!

IW did a great job on this game, but it really was the community which gave it such an excellent flavour.
  78. May 1, 2016
    This game follows the trail left by Allied Assault while successfully bringing the formula to the next level.This is a masterclass in single player campaign pacing and scenario. Expert and respectful checkpoint placement means that you will never redo a section previously beaten twice. Playing on hard is highly recommended as the various mechanics and level design will be more thoroughlyThis game follows the trail left by Allied Assault while successfully bringing the formula to the next level.This is a masterclass in single player campaign pacing and scenario. Expert and respectful checkpoint placement means that you will never redo a section previously beaten twice. Playing on hard is highly recommended as the various mechanics and level design will be more thoroughly experienced. The shooting is both varied and weighty. The levels are designed in such a way as to hint the player towards multiple possible tactical approaches ; Choosing to storm the inside of a building is as challenging as it should and might reward you with a unique vantage point. The various set pieces are seamlessly integrated and never feel odd or disconnected from the main mechanics. The voice acting is great and the minimalist story telling keeps the scenario engaging and fairly credible. That said, the game is clearly part of a sophisticated war propaganda machine and is likely indirectly responsible for the death of many young testosterone filled adolescents in need of adventure ; I believe this will be rightly regarded as a historical piece of Zionist propaganda down the line. The main villain's name is even named after the current president of Syria, whom the Zionists are currently trying to actively murder ; Russian patriots are also antagonized. The visuals, animations and lighting hold surprisingly well, and thoroughly immerse . Modern warfare is not only a good shooter, it is simply one of the best FPS experience of all time and deserves to be celebrated as such. Expand
  79. Apr 25, 2014
    I love this game. The multiplayer is fun and the single player is actually good. But since there is too many hackers, I can't have as much fun as I used to.
  80. Feb 8, 2014
    The only good Modern Warfare game. It has a great campaign mode and it's more original than the others. And it has the greatest Multiplayer without a doubt. There is nothing really original and useful innovation after this game. C'mon Activision!!
  81. Feb 28, 2014
    By far the best Call of Duty. It set a spark in the gaming world and to this day the same engine and graphics are used in the newest Call of Duties. Unlike every other Call of Duty title (except for the sequels) you actually want to do the campaign and the campaign is amazing at that. The multiplayer for this set the standard for all coming multiplayer games to live up to. I don't thinkBy far the best Call of Duty. It set a spark in the gaming world and to this day the same engine and graphics are used in the newest Call of Duties. Unlike every other Call of Duty title (except for the sequels) you actually want to do the campaign and the campaign is amazing at that. The multiplayer for this set the standard for all coming multiplayer games to live up to. I don't think the world of gaming would be the same without it and it is without a doubt a masterpiece. Expand
  82. Apr 6, 2014
    one of the biggest most exciting game i have ever played . Call of duty series is the fun games i have ever played . there so much better and a lot fun . Grade A+
  83. Mar 9, 2014
    Can't believe this game is almost 7 years old. I have playd this game for years and for me CoD4 is the last real Call of Duty. Singleplayer campaign is really short, but for its time it was breathtaking. Multiplayer is the best part of this game. Promod is making it one of the best progaming titles of all the time and even if this game is not one of the most played mutliplayer FPSs now,Can't believe this game is almost 7 years old. I have playd this game for years and for me CoD4 is the last real Call of Duty. Singleplayer campaign is really short, but for its time it was breathtaking. Multiplayer is the best part of this game. Promod is making it one of the best progaming titles of all the time and even if this game is not one of the most played mutliplayer FPSs now, there is a lot of good servers where you cal play. Expand
  84. Mar 26, 2014
    The best call of duty ever!!!
    The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of
  85. Jun 17, 2014
    Я считаю, что эта часть серии игр Call of Duty самая лучшая как по сюжету так и по multyplayer. Эта игра мне запомнилась миссией в, которой нужно спасти и нести генерала Милана когда его ноги сломала вертушка вражеского вертолета. Мультипеер очень интересный и прост в освоении.Я считаю, что эта часть серии игр Call of Duty самая лучшая как по сюжету так и по multyplayer. Эта игра мне запомнилась миссией в, которой нужно спасти и нести генерала Милана когда его ноги сломала вертушка вражеского вертолета. Мультипеер очень интересный и прост в освоении.
  86. Jul 11, 2014
    next to halo 3, the best mp game ever. after that all cod´s were ****
  87. Jul 22, 2014
    In my opinion the best call of duty in the series. The story is good the multiplayer is good and people are still playing it. I highly recommend getting it at full price and definitely on a sale.
  88. Aug 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. call of duty 4 modern warfare is the best game ever, the gameplay is fast and simple, so many weapons, very few cheats, maps of normal size and if you have a clan this game is for you Expand
  89. Aug 21, 2014
    10/10 it was Alright - ihaterunescape1
    I have a tiny penis, now the game play was **** my score was **** my mum told me i was a noob camper and took the controller and played it herself, i haven't been able to use the tv or seen her since, she hasn't left the room since last year, is she ded?
  90. Feb 3, 2015
    Decent military styled shooter that came after Countrer-Strike's success. Unfortunately the multiplayer experience is imbalanced and can't hold a candle to the Counter-Strike eSports scene.
  91. Dec 1, 2015
    BEST Call of duty game EVER . .
  92. Jan 30, 2016
    this game is a classic shooter from old days, always a blast mowing down enemies with different machine guns and exploding and grenading other people at the same time XD
  93. AlS.
    Dec 3, 2007
    (PC version) Single player so-so. Still the same linear work around with same-o "solider pick up that grenade launcher..." , but fun nevertheless. MP absolutely stinks. The game is chaotic, and mostly mindless jumping around in 2- by-2 meters maps
  94. RobL
    Nov 15, 2008
    Very... VERY shallow and repetative. Poorly designed weapons and character models, tiny maps, sketchy physics engine. The single player was short and depressingly linear. AI wasnt dumb, it was so bad that one could call it "pre-intelligence". Multiplayer was also short and shallow, no real tactics used. gameplay was laggy and glitchy. This game is a port. A complete disappointment for me.
  95. NM
    Dec 3, 2008
    Very hyped game, and it does not deserve it! The CoD series where great from CoD 1 (CoD UO) to CoD 2. Better gameplay back then, more fun, easier, and more balaced gameplay. It's too bad they only focus on the graphics now days, and dont give a damn about the gameplay feeling.
  96. JamesL.
    Feb 13, 2008
    This game has the juiciness and thrill of Gears Of War: Just a pretty-looking generic FPS. And just like Gears Of War, it's well over hyped, as Oliver D. states. Sure, they got the cut scenes and such down, but this is a game, not a movie.
  97. JonJ.
    Feb 4, 2008
    I'm not a single-player gamer so this is a multi-play review of the game. CoD4 is an exclusively modern infantry based game that offers several game modes. At first the game play seems to be very ambitious but then after a while it feels limited with the small maps, limited team functions, and the default settings for spectate-only mode are crippled. Its not that the game is bad, but I'm not a single-player gamer so this is a multi-play review of the game. CoD4 is an exclusively modern infantry based game that offers several game modes. At first the game play seems to be very ambitious but then after a while it feels limited with the small maps, limited team functions, and the default settings for spectate-only mode are crippled. Its not that the game is bad, but I find BF2 and BF2142 to be much more ambitious and satisfying multiplayer FPS games. CoD4 tries to keep things simple and do what it does well, and it succeeds in that. I find that after a while, the highly repetitive gameplay grows tiresome. The game clearly borrows much from Counterstike, a game I don't care much for. Also some of the maps I don't care for because they focus only on quick reflexes and almost no thinking thus the shallow experience. Also even on servers with a low ping like 20 or 30ms, the other players jerk around as they move, not moving smoothly. Its better than Counter Strike, about the same as TF2, but not as good as UT3 or Crysis and certainly not as good as BF2/2142. There is much to like in CoD4 multiplayer, if you like simplicity and repetition, and I mean that in a good way (not great way). It's certainly one of the new top PC online FPS games for 2007. Definitely check it out. Don't expect a huge and deep online experience in CoD4. (I've been playing FPS games since, well, 1981 - Battlezone) Expand
  98. Amos(Singapore)
    Nov 12, 2007
    Kudos to Infinity Ward for this EXCELLENT shooter !! You guys have lifted up to the FANS expectations and more.. A MUST buy for all PC Gamers. Shame on EA (full of empty promises to FANS, treating us like fools) for the same over-hyped reiterations time and again. (Pacific A$$ault, Airborne, C$C 3...)
  99. Damien
    Nov 14, 2007
    The game feels like a professional mod for Call of Duty 2. The lack of a cover system makes the game feel incredibly out of date (it's also an insult as you can CLEARLY see the enemy taking cover). the amount of enemies you face is utterly ridiculous. and the painfully short length of the singleplayer tops it all off.
  100. RobB.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Yep, this is a real as it gets so far

1. PC Gamer UK
    A beautifully crafted first-person shooter, but without a compelling context. How much does that matter? To me, a little. Not a lot, but it nags. [Dec 2007, p.73]
    Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.
  3. It’s absolutely relentless in its assault on the senses and never lets up until the last trigger has been squeezed. The multiplayer is even better, with the perks and weapon upgrades acting as a balance to the lack of vehicles.