8.4

1. Apr 6, 2014
    one of the biggest most exciting game i have ever played . Call of duty series is the fun games i have ever played . there so much better and a lot fun . Grade A+
  2. Mar 28, 2014
    Singleplayer is a total joke. The SP is a linear rollercoaster from start to finish, enemy is stupid as a log, weapons offer no variety.

Multiplayer is skill-less punching around. You heal by sucking your thumb behind a cover, you have to aimdownsights and stop to hit **** you call killstrikes and use weaponloadouts. Noob gaming at it's best.

Call of **** 4. This is the same as Call
    of **** 2. Copy paste at it's best. Steer clear. Expand
  3. Mar 26, 2014
    The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!!
    The best call of duty ever!!!
    The best call of duty ever!!!
  4. Mar 18, 2014
    best call of duty game that was ever made,6 games later and they still did not made a game that even can compete to this one. great great gameplay. hours of fun!
  5. Mar 12, 2014
    That's one of my favorite games. An epic story that should impress every player. The events and the characters are well chosen. And the gameplay is unprecedented. The multiplayer is an amazing fun. A masterpiece. That's good entertainment.
  6. Mar 9, 2014
    Can't believe this game is almost 7 years old. I have playd this game for years and for me CoD4 is the last real Call of Duty. Singleplayer campaign is really short, but for its time it was breathtaking. Multiplayer is the best part of this game. Promod is making it one of the best progaming titles of all the time and even if this game is not one of the most played mutliplayer FPSs now, there is a lot of good servers where you cal play. Expand
  7. Mar 2, 2014
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. This is a game franchise that I never thought I would even start to play. I've heard from my friends that all of the most recent Call of Duty games are crap, all because they have literally all been the same game over and over after this game. Heck, some people even go as far to say that the other games in the franchise could have been DLC for Call of Duty 4. Because of this, I initially declined to even bother to touch this series, however, I eventually decided to try the game out for myself, as my dad had previously owned a copy of Call of Duty 4. So is this game the first and last...good...Call...I can't even finish the sentence. To be honest, after playing this game, I felt like the game franchise should not have even continued past this one. This game is awful, and this review is going to tell you why. Let's start with the gameplay shall we? First off, the single player campaign is a travesty. The first problem you'll notice right off the bat after finishing the training mission is that the A.I. is just awful. Half the time, you'll feel like the enemy isn't even shooting you. Also, the whole time I was playing, I felt the enemies were practically running into my bullets. Also, the squad A.I. is bad too. They will not move out of your way, so you have no choice but to jump over tables to get away from them. This game's A.I. is literally the worst A.I. I've ever seen in a video game. Even Star Wars Battlefront had better A.I. than this. Because the A.I. is so terrible, the game is also way too easy. Sure I died a few times on the first level, but that wasn't because the A.I. suddenly became intelligent. It was because I was just getting used to one of the worst mechanics I have ever seen in a first-person shooter. To sum that mechanic up in the game's words "You're hurt get to cover!". This mechanic takes you out of the action for a bit just to heal. This is so unrealistic, and I was practically begging for a normal health meter to appear. However, these aren't even the worst parts of the single-player campaign. What could be worse than this you ask? How about redundant gameplay, and gameplay that requires no skill to play? This game has both of these in full force. The entire game is just running and shooting over and over. Sure there are vehicles too, but you don't actually drive these vehicles. Instead, you just get into a mounted gun, and keep shooting. As for what I mean by no skill, I felt like aiming for body parts was suddenly unimportant. Every bullet I shot almost instantly killed the enemy. Also, you can literally just hold down the fire button and mow down every enemy in your path with any machine gun you have. It's not like Counter-Strike which actually asks more of you than that. In that game, where and how you shoot actually matters. It just doesn't matter here. The single player campaign was bad enough, but the multiplayer was even worse. If redundancy and skill were problems in single player, then they are definitely a problem in multiplayer. The gameplay has many of the same modes found in just about any other shooter. I counted a total of four modes that were in Unreal Tournament before this. However, the search and destroy mode was so bad, that it was actually the mode that made me realize just how horrible this shooter really is. The Search and Destroy mode literally just steals Counter-Strike's main gameplay mode, and removes any skill from it that it once had. In fact that's what this game really is, just Unreal Tournament and Counter-Strike without any skill. This game also adds a kill streak reward system this time around, allowing you to call in support from choppers and the like, in an attempt to make the game unique. However, this just makes the game easier, not better. In the end, the gameplay is awful in both single player and multiplayer. As for the graphics, they are muddy and dated, even for 2007. Seriously, a game that looks like this came out on the same year as BioShock, one of the most beautiful first person shooters ever made, so how come this game looks so bad? As for the story, it is just a cliched story of someone trying to take over the world, and the UN sends their armies to stop him. The most unfortunate part about this is that the story is actually the best part of the game. This game is just absolute garbage. It's a game that absolutely no one should even attempt to play. I recommend avoiding this title at all costs.
    Gameplay: 1/10
    Graphics: 2/10
    Story: 3/10
    Overall: 2/10
  8. Feb 28, 2014
    By far the best Call of Duty. It set a spark in the gaming world and to this day the same engine and graphics are used in the newest Call of Duties. Unlike every other Call of Duty title (except for the sequels) you actually want to do the campaign and the campaign is amazing at that. The multiplayer for this set the standard for all coming multiplayer games to live up to. I don't think the world of gaming would be the same without it and it is without a doubt a masterpiece. Expand
  9. Feb 21, 2014
    2007 nyeonttae really huge impact and left a lingering game. Now a lot of time in the past, then the impact is not eternal but feel though that great masterpiece!
  10. Feb 8, 2014
    The only good Modern Warfare game. It has a great campaign mode and it's more original than the others. And it has the greatest Multiplayer without a doubt. There is nothing really original and useful innovation after this game. C'mon Activision!!
  11. Jan 31, 2014
    In an ideal world, the masses would still be playing this game, as it is essentially identical to MW:Ghosts. Unfortunately people are stupid and they purchase re-hashed versions of COD4 over and over again so the player population is all over the place.

Seriously, this game defined the shooter genre we know today. No need to buy "new" shooters.
  12. Jan 17, 2014
    Bought it 6 years ago. 6 YEARS AGO. I'm still occasionally playing it to this day. Unlike recent cods, this game has an absolute amazing multiplayer gameplay, with maps in various different sizes and designs for all players except 64v64 madnesses.

Weapon balancing is great, leveling progression is somewhat decent. I'm dissapointed they didn't add prestiges for the PC version which is
    the reason I'm giving this an 8 instead of a 9 or 10.

Modding coudn't be less great! You want to play zombies? Okay, heres a server. You want to play promod? Okay, heres a server. You want to play paintball? Okay, heres a server!

IW did a great job on this game, but it really was the community which gave it such an excellent flavour.
  13. Jan 10, 2014
    Линейный сюжет, плохие русские... В мультиплеере нормально нельзя зарегистрироваться. Отсюда вот такая оценка. Хотя для запада война с русскими это уже традиция.
  14. Jan 7, 2014
    it is an awesome game probably the last one or one of the last good call of duty game. now they are doing some crap stuff with the call of duty games but they were doing awesome game before how this happened but this game as beautifull graphics it's a very good game at my eyes can't blame this game yes it is a litlle short but it still deserve a 10/10
  15. Jan 2, 2014
    I've played all Call of Duty games (yes, all!) and this is the crown jewel. It's simply one of the best games I've ever played. I've spent hours and hours playing it, and the fact that now in 2014 there are loads of people still out there playing multi-player says a lot. The only other COD game that comes close to the greatness of this game is MW2. The others are more or less forgettable.
  16. Dec 30, 2013
    i am not a big fan of the call of duty franchise, but this game is completely different, the multi-player aspect is absolutely brilliant, especially the search and destroy game-mode, in my opinion even the best of the complete franchise. The single player mode is a bit short, but also brilliant. I've been playing this game for a couple of years now, and i still can't get enough of it.
  17. Dec 25, 2013
    There is only one word to say about this game: AWESOME. Infinity Ward did succeeded in getting rid of the old-fashion WWII-based script to create a whole new imaginary yet quite realistic world of wars and chaos, which impressed me completely. This is, for sure, the best game of the year
  18. Nov 23, 2013
    I've played the fantastic campaign for this game multiple times and have spent many hours on the even-more-fantastic multiplayer. I've played all of the Call of Duty titles since and none of them have a campaign near as good as on Call of Duty 4, and only World at War comes close to being as fun as the multiplayer on this one.
  19. Nov 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare is the first COD game I ever owned. This is the only COD game i think is better then Battlefield. -Battlefield 4 But the reason it is so good is becuase you can connect to the characters in the campaign and also the modding community is amazing! It's so good they have such good mods eg. Star Wars mod and Prop hunt. The gameplay is spectacular and all the guns feel real. There were a few jumpy bits. Like in one of the missions dogs jump you. You can hear them but you can't see them. My favoraite mission is War Pig. I love seeing the AI being slaughtered in that mission.
    I recommend this game till the day I die. I will never forget this game!
  20. Nov 16, 2013
    The game that defined a whole generation of First-Person Shooters.

The fourth major installment and arguably the best Call of Duty game ever, this is Modern Warfare. The series takes it's departure from their typical World War II games and strolls into modern-day war in the most epic and cinematic way. While playing the game, you actually feel like you're in the action and your NPC
    brothers in arms have feeling and seems really humane, from the graphics to the sound. Multiplayer also takes a big step up, but the focus on the game seems more weighted toward the online modes than other aspects. Playing with your buds have never been so fun. This my friends is a winner, but I'm unsure if the series or military shooters in general is taking a turn for the best or worse because of this game.... Expand
  21. Nov 14, 2013
    Best of the series. Great graphics, good map layouts, decent arsenal and fun fast paced action. Satisfiying Multiplayer experience. Even for today you can always come back to it and play. Golden times before IW turned into an money hoe.
  22. Nov 14, 2013
    Also were able to do before Infinity Ward Call of-Duty. All on 10 points, nowhere reproach. The best part in the series! All those who did not play, running for a gamepad or keyboard!
  23. Nov 13, 2013
    COD4 multiplayer had a lot of unique features and PERKS that were balanced and gave fresh feel that had me keep coming back for many hours. Over the hours of play some people would find perks they found that other players had that were annoying but yet it played a roll in the balance of things and this IMHO was a key successor for most of my enjoyment. Being able to switch things up and have fun and even doing lobbies with friends. Looking back I appreciate no care packages and the wide range of the maps some maps had choke points, some were round and open and there really was not a formula for maps like there is in their other installments. Overall the multiplayer had me hooked but the only downfall is the campaign can be slightly disappointing. Expand
  24. Nov 9, 2013
    This game revolutionized the series. Great graphics, simple jump in and play gameplay and mainly loads and loads of fun. The singleplayer, although short, was loads of fun as well. I must have spent a couple hundred hours on this game's multiplayer. Definitely the best in the series, too bad they turned it into a corporate cash cow after this game and didn't just leave it at that
  25. Nov 7, 2013
    The Call of Duty's fame started here. This is the best Call of Duty yet! Graphics were too much for 2007, gameplay is freaking great and the multiplayer is the best! This is really worth your money and it's better than Call of Duty: Ghosts.
  26. Nov 6, 2013
    User Interface 10/10
    Sounds 10/10
    Music 10/10
  27. Oct 27, 2013
    Am I the only one who enjoys cod4 multiplayer more than Team Fortress 2 after the Uber Update?
  28. Oct 23, 2013
    This game, at this time, is not the current best MP, in my opinion. But when this game came out... It set the bar for MP in FPS's. By far being the most polished at it's time, COD 4 was the highest point in the Call of Duty series. This game is THE game that people base generic FPS's off of, to this day. And to that... I can't praise it enough since FPS is my favorite genre. HIGHLY recommend for anyone who likes a great shooter. Expand
  29. Oct 22, 2013
    The Call of Duty series since inception has been a title about high energy dramatic set pieces against a backdrop of World War II. Under the careful guidance of WWII digital veterans Infinity Ward the series dips its toe into the messy politics of the 21st century. Pacing is intensified over any previous installment as small sandbox set pieces are delivered in rapid succession giving few moments of breath or contemplation to the gravity of unfolding events. Moving satellite photos and news reports thrust the player in and out of conflicts all over the globe never giving the player a chance to ever fully explore or tire of any location.

The world of Modern Warfare is vast, chaotic and chillingly relevant. The high octane set pieces are designed to rival anything Hollywood has tried to create at a high cost of not connecting with any individual characters you inhabit. Perhaps that is the point? Every character while in the moment is vitally trying to control an always out of control situation. The chain of circumstances begins with the execution of an unnamed middle eastern president who is gagged and partially blindfolded. His view becomes your own, as his restricted vision and mobility heighten our engagement with a war torn city as you
    are escorted to your death experienced first hand. The footage is shown to the world kick starting a world wide series of events that hosts post-September 11 fears tempered with the realities of US and Russian corruption.

The game never tires leading up to a terrifying nuclear detonation, the lack of mental breaks can bring on fatigue but definitely provides the template for a new genre of action experiences that Hollywood may one day mimic. Not an evolution of the action genre, but a dramatic off shoot that leaves little room to out extreme in the future without delving into the farcical or pure fantasy.
  30. Oct 8, 2013
    con grandes realismos es juego es lo mejor en la epoca de la guerra para el 2007 este juego esta mejor hecho que todos los demas espero ver mas despues
  31. Oct 3, 2013
    I had given up on finding a truly satisfying multi-player experience after Halo had dropped. This game got me back into gaming again. I tried the Battlefield series and still the game play feel of CoD is superior. I just wish COD4 was still as popular today as it was before.
  32. Sep 2, 2013
    Just irritating and annoying. This was my first intro to CoD. What a crock of bleh. If this game was written to show how miserable it is to be in war, it succeeded. The single player missions have semi random checksaves that force you to relive scenario after scenario even if you are literally backed into a corner. The NPCs scream the same annoying comments again and again and then you have the sheer joy of quicksaves when dogs show up. Even with infinite reloads, this was just an unpleasant experiance I'd rather not repeat. Expand
  33. Aug 31, 2013
    This is a brilliant game and it very enjoyable. Finally the setting has changed so no more WW2 but the beginning of WW3. The characters are also great and overall it is a thrilling experience.
  34. Aug 4, 2013
    Igra nove najmodernije generacije, preokret napravljen što se priče tiče, a grafika je pravo osvježenje, igra bez mane................................
  35. Jul 27, 2013
    Ok, this game is just the worst excuse of an FPS. Bad graphics, small maps, no weapons, hackers, glitches, bugs, After all, this game is not good. This game got a high score because all the CoD fanboys thought that this was the best CoD, let me tell you one thing: It's NOT. There are much better FPS's with much lower scores that deserve a higher rating. Activision paid reviews good, I see. Just a terrible game, from Single Player to MP. Expand
  36. Jul 6, 2013
    It is the exact same as the 360 game so you know it will be amazing but the graphics are better and you can run it at 333 FPS. the community is massive still you get the variety map pack for free and the mods are great and the controls are actually sleek for a PC game
  37. Jun 17, 2013
    I got this game at release date, the campaign was good, but the multiplayer was amazing.
    Even to this date, Call of Duty 4 is by far the best Call of Duty game I've played, newer Call of Duty games aren't as fun to play as CoD 4, every match is full of campers on newer CoD games, also on CoD 4 we have dedicated servers and mods which gives the game more life.

One thing that I didn't
    liked was the veteran difficulty, I just barely finished it once on veteran difficulty, it feels like you die by a cheap way every time. Expand
  38. Jun 11, 2013
    It's not perfect, but close. I've played close to 400 hours in this game, for me it's the best CoD game created and a really good FPS.

The single-player is meh, if it weren't multi-player in the game I would rate it a 4, but the multi-player carries the game to a 7. The first CoD game to have perks. With dedicated servers you could find sniper only servers and so on, you could ban, and
    have rules.. Amazing. Expand
  39. May 28, 2013
    The last good Call of Duty. The Campaign is good, if a little short. The multiplayer is fantastic, just a shame about the fanboys. And the graphics are good quality and nice to look at. It's all downhill from here.
  40. May 21, 2013
    Wow, I feel like I entered in a terrorist territory in the Coup level, and this is the best Call of Duty.

The SP has a very nice story and I like the MP Search & Destroy mode.

Best CoD game!
  41. Apr 24, 2013
    This is the pinnacle of the Call Of Duty franchise it has really gone to from here but this is a great game it really good good multiplayer plenty of servers that aren't hacks fun gameplay. Its not perfect but its actually really near it it has flaws but its a fun balanced game.
  42. Apr 14, 2013
    Bueno, la verdad es que este juego disfrute mucho la campaña single player, pero en serio? 92? creo que exageraron, no hay mucha variedad de armas, las pantallas son muy poco originales, y el voice acting te duerme. Este juego esta muy bueno pero no creo que meresca ni mas de 85, 7 esta bien para este juego, la verdad este no se porque esta muy over rated...pero se los recomiendo, lo unicoque la verdad odie de este el alto nivel de linealidad de este juego, la muy, pero muy, extremadamente muy poca libertad que posees en este juego. Si les gusta los juegos de guerra, FPS pero en la actualidad, este juego es para ustedes! Expand
  43. Apr 9, 2013
    This game has so much going for it, streamlined play and online experience made it one of the best games of the generation of consoles. The level customisation that is now a series staple was created in the fourth installment. Good maps and a streamlined experience made it certainly one of the most influential console online shooters ever. Single player was not perfect but well done and in most cases polished. The said storyline was good aswell, far surpassing normal shoot em up standards.

The only thing that can be said that is bad about Call Of Duty 4 is that it created the cycle of yearly (barely improved) Call Of Duty games that do nothing to further the series. Most of the games since COD 4 have just been re-skins of the same game and hardly improved at all but then again, why would you change a tried and tested formula that always guarantees profit every year)

Despite it being the father of said re-skins, the game itself is a masterpiece since before the age of copypasta Call Of Duty. If you haven't bought it yet, buy it now. The charms of the game are still just as strong for me in 2013, and I still come back to play it.
  44. Mar 8, 2013
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is revolutionary. It completely changed the Call of Duty series, completely overhauling the graphics design of Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2. This game offered an incredible campaign with challenging levels and awesome graphics. This game also offered an incredible multiplayer experience which debuted one of the most popular multiplayer modes in video game history. Check this game out. It isn't the best in the Call of Duty series (Call of Duty 2 is), but it offers one heck of a game. Expand
  45. Feb 16, 2013
    I'm sorry folks but this game is entirely overrated. People like to claim that this was the last good Call of Duty, when in fact this is not a very good game. My main beef is with the mutliplayer. In all reality, the singleplayer is great, and typically is with any Call of Duty game, but that's not why you buy COD. You buy COD for multiplayer, and this games multiplayer is terrible. If it's not some kiddies with ACOG snipers tryharding, it's really bad sounding and feeling guns. The dedicated server system is trash in comparison to Black Ops or World at War. You are also stuck with only three killstreaks, in comparison to the newer games. The maps aren't too bad, and the graphics are standard among Call of Duty games, but I just don't like the feel of the multiplayer. This game is overrated, and even MW3 of all the COD games is better than this. Expand
  46. Feb 1, 2013
    This, is my opinion, is the only Call of Duty worth paying 60 dollars for. All of the other Modern Warfares or Black Ops' are map packs for this game. It's sad to see how downhill the rest of the franchise has gone, but Call of Duty 4 will always be a respected, well made masterpiece.
  47. Jan 5, 2013
    One of the best games i have ever played, i still find myself playing it on my Xbox and Pc, this game derserves a new update, so people will start finding this game amazing again, it is way to underplayed. And i find that shame-full, comparing this shooter to others would be like comparing, Diamond to dust.
  48. Dec 25, 2012
    This game is the best Call of Duty ever. when we were bored of second world war, the modern warfare appeared and revived the genre. This game marked a before and after in the shooters games. PERFECT
    (sorry for the language)
  49. Dec 18, 2012
    This is the malefic game that has started the most sold out genre of games. This is the game that has started two sagas, one of the worst sagas ever made, called Modern Warfare and Black Ops. If CoD 4 didn't exist, these 2 sagas didn't. Bad gameplay, bad multiplayer, bad-medium graphics, semi-good plot and OK sound. I can't say that graphics are bad/very bad because they're only on the other games like CoD MW2, MW3, BO, BO2, etc. Anyway, they're not so good, because this was out on 2007, and on this year Crysis was already out, which has much better graphics. Actually, I don't care about graphics, but, since I'm reviewing a game, I have to rate them. The gameplay is very slow and boring, and it isn't competitive. The multiplayer is closed (I mean that you can't make your own scripts, maps, gametypes, etc., like on Quake 3), and there's not SDK, etc. (OF COURSE!). The singleplayer lasts just a bit. You can complete it in 4 hours. Semi-good plot, because it can be good, but it's not deep. 3.75, for me. Expand
  50. Nov 24, 2012
    When i started playing FPS games around 2004 i was suffering from some too linear game campaigns etc.Back in 2007 when the game was released it was just EPIC, the Multiplayer was the best of the the decade possibly (at least for me!).The game itself wont let abandon it plus the Multiplayer servers are still almost full.I must say this and WaW are the CODs ever created.
  51. Nov 18, 2012
    Honstly, I think this is the most balanced and well designed Call of Duty game that has been made. I would rather have remakes of this stellar game than the sequels that it spawned :(
  52. Oct 17, 2012
    Single player is good and the MP is pretty cool, except for the airstrikes which are just too over-powered and make the game a lot less fun. Maybe that is because I never manage to get a kill-streak.
  53. Aug 13, 2012
    Call of Duty 4 is the best COD game. It haves a great multiplayer and a fantastic single player. Believe me, you will be playing this game for years. The story mode is short, but this game may have the best story mode for shooters. Is a must have for all gamers.And, almost forgot, the multi player is the best reason to buy this game. 96 out of 100
  54. Aug 8, 2012
    I already reviewed the Xbox360 version giving it a 10, however in that case I have only played the multiplayer on PC, since there is no 'Find match' option, you are forced to look for servers, many of which aren't what you want to play, and are too many players in the lobby for it to be as exciting as the Xbox version, that and the fact that I have found some hackers, and the connection, even though it is all dedicated servers, is still flimsy. Expand
  55. Aug 6, 2012
    I can only speak to the SP side of things, but in this respect the game shines. The campaign is not particularly long, but it does a good job of pacing itself--not like its sequels which blow their wad right away. The story is not particularly original, but it ties the missions together nicely and even makes you care about the characters. By the end--which I won't spoil--you feel very invested in what's going on, and the adrenaline is pumping. To increase replay value there's an "arcade mode" which lets you score points as you replay the missions, a neat little feature that I wish had been implemented in future installments. Expand
  56. Aug 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (also known as Call of Duty 4 or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare) (Rus "Call of Duty 4: Modern War") - multi-platform video game, first person shooter, developed by U.S. company Infinity Ward and published by Activision. The game is the fourth in a series of Call of Duty and the first sub-Modern Warfare, the project has officially been announced by May 26, 2007.
    Game Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was released on November 5, 2007 in three target platforms: PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 are also for the other three platforms: Mac, Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii. On November 12, 2007, the game became available for purchase through the online service Steam.
    The game's plot is associated with modern warfare, the single player campaign gives the player to play for some of the fighters and U.S. special services and regular parts of the UK. The game takes place in Russia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan and the Middle East.
    During the first 24 hours of sales has sold nearly 600,000 copies of the game. Total world was realized over 10 million copies of the game. The game has become one of the best in the series Call of Duty.
    Also, May 25, 2010 the game became available for purchase in the Xbox Live, allowing interested in purchasing this game do not buy it on disk, and by paying, download to your console.
  57. Jul 30, 2012
    I havent play it online yet but i got best FPS experience with single player. Great game didnt bored even for second. Too bad there's no good call of dutys after MW:1...
  58. Jul 30, 2012
    This game well deserved all the Hype about it, and was pretty much responsible for throwing one of the best FPS of all time from its Throne ( CounterStrike ). It wasnt the game that killed CS, but was a well worth replacement.

Sadly its sequels very really bad in comparison, not only did they ban dedicated server for PC, it was also too futuristic for my likings. But this game itself is
    really one of the best MP shooters i ever played on Console and PC Expand
  59. Jul 24, 2012
    Still the BEST FPS game ever, I still play this game often. To be honest, it's better than Battlefield 3 and MW3 .
    The multiplayer part is very well made and the gameplay is well thought out
  60. Jul 13, 2012
    I can say one thing this is the best multiplayer cod ( black ops gets zombies :) ) but ok why 9 campaign was good but basic also graphics where ok my radeon 6850 in my alienware laptop was running at -2 degrees
    but yes multiplayer is da best lan like crysis wars amazing not op weapons and a place in my heart great game for 20$ get a copy i mean its not like mw3
  61. Jun 13, 2012
    Man I love this game! After coping so many hatred towards the series (I agree that it deserves some of them), I'm really glad to return back to my favorite FPS game of all time i.e COD4MW. I've completed the single player campaign four times and still want to give it a try once again! ( But i don't want to bother playing in the higher difficulty level). To all MW2, MW3, BO, BO2 haters, stay out of this game please! Expand
  62. Jun 13, 2012
    Played this game for the first time after trying some of the more recent COD titles. I must say, this one beats all of the others aside from maybe World at War since I'm a sucker for those older weaponry. The graphics are great compared to the recent COD games, and the gameplay is very fun. It wasn't very long, which was good because it was getting to being the same thing over and over. The storyline was pretty good though. I don't know what happened after World at War, but COD has really gone downhill. Long live pre-modern warfare 2 COD games! Expand
  63. Jun 7, 2012
    100% fun time to be had! The negative reviews are from those who generally are not good at video games. The campaign is a little short but it's still fun. multiplayer is as good as it will ever be. That goes for online and split screen. It's all the good things from goldeneye 64, unreal tournament, and time splitters rolled into a hot n tasty bean burrito. It's great if your looking to kill time...in short must buy! "Doors that can't be opened. Windows that can't be broken. 1 metre high boxes that you just can't quite muster the strength to climb over. Worthless drivel." How do you play games pal? Expand
  64. May 27, 2012
    This game sucks compared to all the other CoD's. I don't understand why people call this game the greatest Call of Duty ever. It's not! The campaign sucks and the multiplayer is boring with little killstreaks and perks. Not to mention the thosuands of hackers that infest the game.
    Not worth the money, get MW2 or Black Ops instead.
  65. May 21, 2012
    Best fps shooter of all time, without doubt. The game has endless replayability, when you take out hackers and campers the game is flawless. Despite these it's impossible not to give it a full 10. Worth £200 unlike it's rehashed remakes, which could be 1 of the endless mods to the game.
  66. May 20, 2012
    Omge! Cool game love it cuz dis was b4 cod got stal cuz den cod got bad dis 1 is gewd cuz i said it was gewd so u shld g0 bi it bro cuz it so gewd. bi it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  67. May 12, 2012
    Call of Duty 4 is one of the best CoD game, because it has custom add-ons that drastically enhances the multiplayer gameplay such as Pro-mod (which is one of my favorite add-ons), custom maps and more. The later CoD titles are just crap, all they did good was the campaign and the multiplayer itself are still the same as COD4, with new bad layout maps. Really, if you want to play the real Call of Duty, get COD4. Expand
  68. May 8, 2012
    Cod4's immorally short 4 hour campaign has lowered the bar such that multiplayer games now feel that it is okay to settle for short, poorly made campaigns. To nitpick this game to death, allies always get into your way and absorb some of your bullets because they look like your enemies. Respawning enemies make the combat quite futile. There are a large number of mechanics that are used only one time, such as ONLY ONE mounted sniper rifle which is affected by wind. The game is determined to never calm down, making it even more frustrating trying to divine the developers' will as the game tries to stomp on your free will.
    The second worst aspect is the attack dogs that will tear your aorta out unless you press the melee attack button at precisely the right time, which I can never manage. You will be sent back to the last save point to keep an extra close watch out for the aorta-fiends.
    The worst part is the fans, which all sound like "y ar u runing intothe rooom sprayying bulets like that man? hav u no skil man???"
    Activision has since released about four copies in addition to all the competitors.
  69. Apr 15, 2012
    After all of the Call of Duty releases out now this game still remains to be the best. No over the top kill streaks, no game breaking glitches, and the most solid mechanics for multiplayer yet. I put the same number of bullets in someone every time and they die. Its amazing. Also some of the best maps. The new COD games of the series are trash in comparison.
  70. Mar 28, 2012
    A very fun game. Every game could use improvements and so could this but generally speaking I have almost all positive things to say about this game. The single player campaign is very immersive and fun to play.
  71. Mar 16, 2012
    I've played this game a lot as a LAN game at university during breaks enjoying an awesome multiplayer experience on most of the maps. While I don't like playing, failing and leveling up until you are able to play the game as it was meant to be, the unlocking system was a horrible step to take which became popular in modern FPS games! I cannot figure out if it was the level design, nice game modes, good ingame communication or just our group of players that made CoD4 one of the best multiplayer FPS games I've played since CoD1 (haven't tried many in between). Since then multiplayer games seem to have lost the way to team players up (maybe the console gaming with players have to few buttons!?).
    +++
    The singleplayer game is quite straight forward with some awesome moments (The Aftermath) and some horrible flaws: You are the super soldier who has to blow up things, shoot any enemy, push forward -- which hinders you from playing a support gunner covering your team -- and do all the stuff your teammates can't, but you CANNOT OPEN DOORS! At any point the game has a door you have to wait for your team to open the door and take away all action from you -- okay, in terms of story telling and stopping you from killing important NPCs, it is a way. Still it feels like you are missing the general key to the world anyone else has....
    +++
    After all the game tells its story pretty good without having a whole invasion going on and killing you once an hour for random story reasons. Graphics have reached a sufficient level, anything more is nice to have and forces the player to buy better equipment without any more gain. Multiplayer was a pleasure to play offline and was absolutely worthwhile!
  72. Mar 12, 2012
    this is the best of the cod series for sure.this game is the reason why cod series is still on top.its very different from its predecessors.single player was excellent but short at the same time but multiplayer was amazing.
  73. Mar 7, 2012
    Very solid game. The single player is fun but short.

The multiplayer is also pretty fun. However, considering the high player count on servers on the PC version, it feels too congested sometimes, and the game play degenerates into an absolute spamfest. Regardless, it has its moments and is one of the better Call of Duty games out there. It has a lot of good maps and weapon selections.
  74. Mar 7, 2012
    This is still--by far--my favorite Call of Duty game. The single player campaign left me completely stunned in amazement because no game had ever captured the intensity to the point where I really felt like a soldier on the battlefield. The release of COD4 was perfectly timed in sync with the end of the over-played WWII themed FPS games. COD4 pulled everyone in because it was something new, fresh, and exciting--it was the right game at the right time.

Multiplayer is phenomenalâ
  75. Mar 7, 2012
    A very good multi player game, but highly overrated by the media and the fan boys that clog up the servers. If I had to play any FPS at all, this wouldn't be my first choice, but it is not a bad title by any means.
  76. Feb 27, 2012
    For it's respective slot in history. This game was still fresh. It modernized the aging world war 2 template with 'just' enough storytelling and presentation upgrades to make the air feel fresh again for a breath or two. It's still not all that memorable, and supremely short. Get it for the multiplayer. Which is hopefully still active.
  77. Feb 22, 2012
    Unlike its sequels this one is actually good, in the sense its not really realistic, but that's why they said just "Photo-realistic", not real life realistic...... the story i liked and it wasn't completely repetitive, and the maps were just fun to play, still i prefer Counter strike, and those games.....
    story-8, fun-7, upgrading, nothin just dlc's or extra maps they release for 15$, i
    hate DLC's just a way to get more money, creativity- isnt really their Expand
  78. Feb 20, 2012
    The original Call of Duty changed it all, Call of Duty Modern Warfare changed it all once again. The single player campaign is extremely well designed and unlike MW2/MW3/BO well paced. The levels are not just about mindless running and gunning but though if you prefer finishing them like that you are free to do so. The multiplayer is actually the place where COD brings out all of its shine. Its extremely immersive and full of exciting well designed levels with lots of guns and customization options. The most important thing about this game is that unlike its younger brothers (MW2/MW3/BO) it has support for dedicated servers which is the reason why this game has thousands of active servers even after so much time.

Does this game deserve to be rated with score 10? Probably not because there are certainly flaws which are not that obvious at first sight. However, if I don't rate it that way I will most probably be sorry for not doing that in a couple of years when all traces of decent games are erased in favor of pure money-grinding publishing politics (I fear that time has already come). That means that realistically this game deserves a strong 9 however by the power invested in my current voting rights I will give it a full 10.
  79. Feb 20, 2012
    U like it or not, it's best Call of Duty game in series. Story in single-player is innovation, and something new to CoD series. I'm still playing single-player sometimes. Multiplayer is best experience ever. It's better than CoD MW2 or MW3 or any CoD MP. Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare Multiplayer is best in every aspect.
    And if ur bored of playing normal MP u still can get some skill on
    great modification - ProMod. Expand
  80. Feb 18, 2012
    by far the best multiplayer fps i've ever experienced. i had just come off playing bf2 when i started playing this and the fast paced action with the ability to actually aim (unlike games like bf2 and cs where unless you were used to it guns were about as accurate as a wet towel). since launch this has been my favourite fps.
  81. Feb 11, 2012
    Call of Duty 4 is a giant leap foward in the series. The previous games were way ahead of their time but Modern Warfare is the combined result of all of the previous games. The graphics are wow factor, the story is utterly convincing, the weapon range has grown exponentially, the characters are a joy to play alongside and the multiplayer is addictive although not very realistic. My points would be the lack of interaction between items that are not weapons (doors, vehicles and windows) and that the multiplayer becomes slow and glitchy in the case of heavy traffic to servers. There is room for improvement but Modern Warfare is a must have. Expand
  82. Jan 31, 2012
    Every other CoD game is more profitable than the previous one but this title is my favourite part. Additionally, it wasn't until Modern Warfare that I sunk into the multiplayer so hard :) Rewarding system in Black Ops wasn't so well thought and it lacked such impact that this game had. Easy to use and understand and to jump in to, REALLY hard to master.

Graphics 9.2/10
    Audio 8.9/10
    Gameplay 10/10
  83. Dec 27, 2011
    Perhaps the best Call of Duty game ever made: epic story, very good gameplay, good graphics, great mods including the usage of AI bots in skirmish games and of course the good custom maps. This game is truly the answer to a weak Counterstrike game as well as a good Medal of Honor game when it comes to more of modern warfare tactics.
  84. Dec 21, 2011
    An excellent FPS, which definitely set the shooter standard when it was released. Sneaking around in Hardcore domination mode, without the annoying predator missiles and attack dogs added in later COD titles, this game is great - and it also has the best singleplayer campaign in any call of duty game. Too bad that later iterations of the series has not kept up to its legacy.
  85. Dec 10, 2011
    THE highlight of the single player was the last mission, Mile High Club, which when played on the veteran difficulty turned out to be one of the most enjoyable single player level I have played in recent years. Apart from that, the single player missions are just copy-paste from older CoDs with new graphics and fancy weapons. Maybe that AC-130 shooting game is something new, but I didn't like it that much. Multiplayer is definitely worth playing as it can be fun at times, but be ready to be kicked quite a few times if you're remotely good at this game as you can get kills through the wall quite easily and immature admins kick you for wallhacking. But that's just the community so I'm not taking any scores off because of that. I wish they fixed the killstreak system as you will spend ages sitting in the corner trying to get rid of that helicopter call you have, or you could just waste it.
    If you have played previous CoD games, the single player will probably disappoint you, but multiplayer has some fun elements to it. For someone who has never played CoD or FPS games, this game could provide you with a lot of fun.
  86. Dec 5, 2011
    Unfortunately, the last good Call of Duty was also the first good Call of Duty. The singleplayer is an action-packed ride but the multiplayer isn't what its really cut out to be. Sure, its addictive, but it gets boring really fast. However, it is highly recommended.
  87. Nov 21, 2011
    this was the last good Call of Duty title for PC. Call of Duty UNITED OFFENSIVE still remains as the king of multiplayer followed by CoD4 and CoD2. the 2nd and 3rd MW are NOT FOR PC. so this is the last real CoD for PC.
  88. Nov 18, 2011
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is the best Call of Duty game of all time. The campaign is very entertaining, and has an enticing storyline. Online play only makes the game that much better, where you can play for fun or attempt to join leagues and play the game competitively.
  89. Nov 15, 2011
    Definently the best Call of Duty game up to date. After it being released over 4 years, it is still widely played on the PC in great amounts of players and time. This game is a must buy if your just picking up PC gaming and shooters on the PC. It will teach you how controls work for Call of Duty-like games.
  90. Nov 15, 2011
    Easily one of the best FPS games I have ever played. When I first played this game at my cousin's house on launch day, I literally thought he was watching a war video. I thought the sounds and graphics were so real. I bought it for myself and ended up falling in love. The campaign is a force to be reckoned with and the multiplayer mode is absolutely addicting. A definite buy for FPS fans.
  91. Nov 14, 2011
    Still one of the best games in the series. I would gladly pay for new DLC for this game. I think that Activision is missing out. It would be great to have a few patches to add new game modes or maps. Much better than the garbage that has followed. I have MW2, Black OPs, and MW3 in the modern shooter and still find myself back to COD4. What a shame that a company that was able to set the bar so high with this title, can't seem to reach their own mark now. Expand
  92. Nov 13, 2011
    A shooter made for the hanidcapped and babbies. There is no pre-requisite of aiming so I guess this makes sense. If hitboxing jockery is your sort of thing, then I guess this game was ok. But if you have any expectation of a game that requires skill and has a skill curve that rewards practice, then you'll be disappointed. Dumb.
  93. Nov 10, 2011
    The game that changed the FPS scene in the past 5 years.
    A great single player adventure and amazing arcade multiplayer action.
    Very enjoyable and fun.
    The sequels get worse by the year not bringing anything new to the table so if you played this one you have played them all.

Don't bother with the sequels and not with MW3 that was just released.
  94. Nov 9, 2011
    User Interface 10/10
    Sounds 8/10
    Music 7/10
  95. Nov 9, 2011
    I was worried when Infinity Ward announced they were going to ditch the World War II genre and move to Modern Warfare, but after a tentative Single Player play-through and a few hours notched up on Multiplayer, I fell in love. This game is beautifully made in every aspect, and is still one of the most popular games to rent a gaming server for. The campaign is varied and stunning, and the adrenaline rush you feel after completing the first level and seeing the title roll up makes you realise, "this is going to be good." And it doesn't disappoint. On-line is where this game really comes in to it's own, as the game-modes, weapons, attachments, kill streaks and challenges are all a welcome addition to an excellent series of games. It's hard to fault this title. Expand
  96. Nov 8, 2011
    The original Modern Warfare. This game changed my life forever. It's the best shooter game of all time. these days i decided to put my score because the deception of Call of Duty Modern Warefare 3. The reason is simply. Infinityward was created this game on 2007. Now Infinity Ward is death. THE PEOPLE CREATED THIS GAME IS NOW ::::> RESPAWN ENTERTAINMENT.
  97. Oct 31, 2011
    Call of Duty 4 is not a good game. The best parts about the game are the sounds (pretty good); however, the rest of this game is painfully average. Half-Life 2 which was released 2 or 3 years before this has similar graphics and much better level design and story. Another good point is that the game is length being short so I do not have to force my self to continue its repetitive gameplay. The bad parts of the game? well, first the game is completely uninvolving or say not interactive and mostly because of its linear story and average level design. This game consists many levels in which you have to shoot tons of enemies. This makes game extremely repetitive. Also there are no interesting characters in this game and most time it just direct the player to a certain way with no intriguing or complex levels. Yet the game really does not have any story whatsoever. The online part is okay, although generally I do not like this kind of mindless shooter. Expand
  98. Oct 25, 2011
    Great Classic. Its perfect in many cases, but that certain something I can't describe is missing. A Milestone when it comes to Shooters, for sure. Modern Warfare.
  99. Oct 18, 2011
    COD 4 is without a doubt one of the (if not 'the') single best game I have ever played. Due to issues with the MP, I can't comment on it, but the Single Player mode is utterly mezmorising. Boasting impressive graphics and one heck of a compelling narrative coupled with its replayability; no-one can deny the quality of the campaign.
  100. Oct 9, 2011
    The last TRUE COD game, the series ever since has been dead to me, full of hackers online with zero skill needed other than twitch speed bunny hopping to dodge bullets.
  101. Jun 3, 2011
    GameCritics: Best Action Game GameSpot: Best Graphics, Best Shooter, Best Xbox 360 Game, Best PlayStation 3 Game GameTrailers: Best Graphics, Best PS3 Game GamePro: Best Overall Game of the Year IGN: Best Xbox 360 Game, Best Shooter of 2007 GameSpy: Best PS3 Game, Best Xbox 360 Game, Best PC Game, Game of the Year X-Play: Best Shooter, Best Sound Design Spike Video Game Awards: Best Shooter, Best Military Game
    Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences: Action Game of the Year, Console Game of the Year, Overall Game of the Year

1. A beautifully crafted first-person shooter, but without a compelling context. How much does that matter? To me, a little. Not a lot, but it nags. [Dec 2007, p.73]
    Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.
  3. It’s absolutely relentless in its assault on the senses and never lets up until the last trigger has been squeezed. The multiplayer is even better, with the perks and weapon upgrades acting as a balance to the lack of vehicles.