8.4

1. Dec 17, 2014
    This is an alright game

IF killing people is your thing, only buy this...

Overall, bad gameplay and one type of enemy with interactive movie action
  2. Dec 6, 2014
    Modern Warfare is a fantastic game and a true classic. Both the single and multi players are exceptional. My breakdown is as follows:

1. Graphics: 8/10 - excellent for its time
    2. Gameplay: 8/10 - great controls, and satisfying gameplay
    3. Story: 7/10 - interesting story, but relatively simple.
    4. Multiplayer: 8/10 - competitive and fun

Overall, an excellent game.
  3. Dec 3, 2014
    It is one of the best games, especially COD series. I mean at least for me it is just a good game. I hope these 2 series game you will be as good as the first one.
  4. Nov 19, 2014
    One of the best shooter out there!
    The campaign was excellent, the online mode was a milestone.
    For me this is definitely the best Call of Duty, the single player I play nowadays. The online mode exactly

Perfect, I would hope, CoD makes something like this again.
  5. Nov 6, 2014
    Beste game ever made in the Call of duty series, outstanding gameplay, hours of fun, great graphs, this game got everything you would expect from a modern first person shooter
  6. Nov 4, 2014
    Best FPS I have ever played. Of all the COD games out there I could play I would chose this 7 year old game over a 1 year old piece of crap.
    10/10 would recommend.
  7. Oct 27, 2014
    Great fun. A bit shallow compared to the Battlefield series of games in my opionion since there are no vehicles, but obviously, it doesn't have that ambition. Great maps, good fun and nice atmosphere. Pretty bad sounds though, especially the gun sounds sound very digitally constructed. All in all a great game.
  8. Oct 19, 2014
    Okay, let me explain my rating. This game was probably the greatest Call of Duty game I've ever played. The multiplayer was great. The maps were great, I played it for 2 hours straight once I bought it on sale on steam.

The problem is, that was the only time I was able to play it. Okay, so maybe it is my fault for having windows 8.1 and not checking for compatibility issues, and

The problem is, that was the only time I was able to play it.

Okay, so maybe it is my fault for having windows 8.1 and not checking for compatibility issues, and maybe I can't blame them if I'm trying to run an old game on windows 8.1. However, It doesn't work with me on windows 8 or 8.1 (Because I tried both). I will give it a 3 because of how much fun it was until it stopped working. I wouldn't have even done the review, but I wanted to point out to anyone interested that it doesn't work with 8.1 (at least for me).
  9. Oct 17, 2014
    Igra nove najmodernije generacije, preokret napravljen što se priče tiče, a grafika je pravo osvježenje, igra bez mane................................
  10. Aug 27, 2014
    This is the best Call of Duty ever made. The multiplayer is epic and the campaign is the best I've ever played in and FPS game. The only complaint I have is that you can't shoot through walls and objects like the newer cod's.
  11. Aug 21, 2014
    10/10 it was Alright - ihaterunescape1
    I have a tiny penis, now the game play was **** my score was **** my mum told me i was a noob camper and took the controller and played it herself, i haven't been able to use the tv or seen her since, she hasn't left the room since last year, is she ded?
  12. Aug 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. call of duty 4 modern warfare is the best game ever, the gameplay is fast and simple, so many weapons, very few cheats, maps of normal size and if you have a clan this game is for you Expand
  13. Aug 11, 2014
    Many people consider this to be the best Call of Duty game to date and I can agree with them. The game has very interesting campaign with very likeable characters. Missions take place all over the world with a many different objectives. There's a huge variety of weapons both in singleplayer and multiplayer. Multiplayer was also very good, there's a lot of people still playing and it has aMany people consider this to be the best Call of Duty game to date and I can agree with them. The game has very interesting campaign with very likeable characters. Missions take place all over the world with a many different objectives. There's a huge variety of weapons both in singleplayer and multiplayer. Multiplayer was also very good, there's a lot of people still playing and it has a neat level up system. Graphics are also very good. All in all I have to say that this is one of the most fun FPS I've ever played and it might be one of the best FPS overall. Expand
  14. faf
    Aug 6, 2014
    I recently decided to replay the entire Call of Duty series and started with CoD4. Even after almost 6 years the game remains epic. The single player campaign starts to feel slightly linear when you get near the end but it doesn't have much of an impact on the game-play and it all remains one big action packed ride from the first time you pull the trigger to the last. Did not get intoI recently decided to replay the entire Call of Duty series and started with CoD4. Even after almost 6 years the game remains epic. The single player campaign starts to feel slightly linear when you get near the end but it doesn't have much of an impact on the game-play and it all remains one big action packed ride from the first time you pull the trigger to the last. Did not get into multiplayer again but from what I remember from the many hours spent playing it was brilliant. Expand
  15. Jul 26, 2014
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. I know what you are thinking: haven't I given this game a terrible review before? Well, to tell you the truth, the real reasons why I didn't like this game at first are that for one thing, so many people hate this series' most recent installments. Along with that, I just couldn't get over how the Search and Destroy multiplayer mode was just a carbon copy ofCall of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. I know what you are thinking: haven't I given this game a terrible review before? Well, to tell you the truth, the real reasons why I didn't like this game at first are that for one thing, so many people hate this series' most recent installments. Along with that, I just couldn't get over how the Search and Destroy multiplayer mode was just a carbon copy of Counter-Strike. However, I then played the original Call of Duty (back when the game was WWII based rather than a fictional modern war), and I really enjoyed it. I then wondered: should I give this game another try? So, did I enjoy this game more the second time around, or do I still want to attack the people that created this game? Let's find out. This game plays a lot like any other first-person shooter. You have multiple weapons, there are plenty of enemies to fight, and pretty much everything else that makes a shooter what it is. The difference between this game and the others is that this game is much more cinematic. Because this game takes place in a modern war, you will often be fighting with squad members, explosions and firefights going on in the background, and many more enemies to fight than in a normal shooter. This game also succeeds where I have seen many other shooters fail: when I play this game, I actually feel like I'm in the middle of a war. While there have been shooters that prove that war is not necessary to make a good shooter, (Half-Life 1, BioShock, Doom, Borderlands), Call of Duty 4 really shines in how it makes you feel like you're in the middle of a war. I originally harshly criticized this game's AI. However, looking back at it, the AI really isn't that bad. At the very least, it does get the job done of making you feel like you're in a war. The game may also be very easy, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun. It is also redundant, but it is redundant in a way that is fresh and enjoyable. As for the lack of skill, as it turns out, I was also wrong here. It does actually require some skill to kill enemies. In the end, the single player campaign is actually pretty good, and I don't know why I didn't enjoy it at first. As for the multiplayer, I actually enjoyed it a lot more the second time around when I played it. Yes, its modes are taken from other shooters, however, it feels far more fresh and new here. In Unreal Tournament team deathmatch, your team is mostly spread out, and you fight through corridors. Here, you all start out in the same spot, and you fight in much more open areas. The same goes for normal deathmatch and domination. As for Search and Destroy, while it does rip-off Counter-Strike, it also makes more of a use of the open maps. It also has two unique modes called Headquarters and Sabotage that are really fun to play. Also, I criticized the kill streaks in my first review, but I now realize that the kill streaks actually make the game far more unique, and not just "Unreal Tournament in Modern Warfare". The gameplay of this game is actually pretty enjoyable, and I have no idea why I criticized it at first. As for the graphics, while they do look somewhat dated even by 2007, they certainly don't look muddy. They actually look really good. The environments are actually very well detailed, and pretty to look at. The soldiers look good too. It may not look as good as Crysis or BioShock, both of which were released on the same year, but it still looks quite good nonetheless. As for the story, I originally thought it was terrible because it was too easy to understand and explain. However, I now realize that I was wrong about this. It is actually good because it is easy to understand and explain. Basically the British and the U.S. Army have to go across the world to Russia and the Middle East in order to stop terrible men from taking over the world. The game may have a huge lack of character development, but I feel like it's not really needed here. In fact, the game is good enough with out that. The story may not be as good as the gameplay and graphics, but it is compelling enough to be interested in. Overall, this game is nowhere near is bad as I initially said it was. I was letting the haters of this franchise cloud my judgement. It really is a pretty solid game. I would recommend it to pretty much anyone who is a shooter fanboy. It is not the best shooter ever made or anything. However, it is safe to say I will not criticize this franchise anymore. To all of you Call of Duty players out there who want to play the game, go right ahead. I will not even try to stop you.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 9/10
    Story: 8/10
    Overall: 9/10
  16. Jul 22, 2014
    In my opinion the best call of duty in the series. The story is good the multiplayer is good and people are still playing it. I highly recommend getting it at full price and definitely on a sale.
  17. Jul 11, 2014
    next to halo 3, the best mp game ever. after that all cod´s were ****
  18. Jun 26, 2014
    Honestly I couldn't even pick this one out of the billion entries of this series if they were in a line-up, and I only played 2 of the series. Smooth controls.... it's a shooter with a bunch of pricks playing online and some kind of ridiculous story for the 40 minute, linear campaign. I guess it was fun enough.
  19. Jun 17, 2014
    Я считаю, что эта часть серии игр Call of Duty самая лучшая как по сюжету так и по multyplayer. Эта игра мне запомнилась миссией в, которой нужно спасти и нести генерала Милана когда его ноги сломала вертушка вражеского вертолета. Мультипеер очень интересный и прост в освоении.Я считаю, что эта часть серии игр Call of Duty самая лучшая как по сюжету так и по multyplayer. Эта игра мне запомнилась миссией в, которой нужно спасти и нести генерала Милана когда его ноги сломала вертушка вражеского вертолета. Мультипеер очень интересный и прост в освоении.
  20. Jun 15, 2014
    Graphics,mechanics,maneuver,sound,etc,all of it are just marvelous.
    The work of FPS most imitated by most other FPS,too exaggerated?
    Modern Warfare 1&2 are both good. 图像,游戏机制,操控,音效以及等等,所有部分都令人惊叹。 第一人称射击游戏中被最多其他第一人称射击游戏模仿最多的,是不是太夸张了? 现代战争1和2两代都是好作品。
    Graphics,mechanics,maneuver,sound,etc,all of it are just marvelous.
    The work of FPS most imitated by most other FPS,too exaggerated?
    Modern Warfare 1&2 are both good.
    图像,游戏机制,操控,音效以及等等,所有部分都令人惊叹。
    第一人称射击游戏中被最多其他第一人称射击游戏模仿最多的,是不是太夸张了?
    现代战争1和2两代都是好作品。
  21. May 30, 2014
    The gunplay in this game is solid. The missions are interesting, but the plot and characters are boring. Not the greatest of games but it's a fun game that fans of FPS games will enjoy.
  22. May 29, 2014
    Mediocre game all things considered. While the game has some excellent set pieces and fun sequences it ultimately doesn't make up for the incredibly stupid A.I. and the extremely cheap deaths you will experience. The gameplay can easily descend into you picking off incredibly dumb enemies as they respawn and run to the same pre-determined spot over and over, even as their dead bodies pileMediocre game all things considered. While the game has some excellent set pieces and fun sequences it ultimately doesn't make up for the incredibly stupid A.I. and the extremely cheap deaths you will experience. The gameplay can easily descend into you picking off incredibly dumb enemies as they respawn and run to the same pre-determined spot over and over, even as their dead bodies pile up to the ceiling while your allies fire inaccurately at them refusing to push forward. When you do push forward the game becomes very difficult as enemies really only pose a threat at close range when you get in the way of their precious pre-programmed spots as you can easily find yourself taking fire from several directions at once, this wouldn't be a problem if friendly NPCs supported you when you advance, but since they don't enjoy getting turned into Swiss cheese. Like I said there are some excellent sequences, but ultimately the game feels like a few very talented people trying to make up for the incompetence of several others, and that is how the game plays, some good sequences trying to make up for some awful gameplay. Expand
  23. May 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It have been a while since I played this game but I remember every second of it. The campaign was really intense and 1 of the best of the COD series. Also it was the last COD that was really ahead of its time. Its a shame the developers of COD started to care more about their purse then about their fans. This is why I stopped loving this series, a shame. Expand
  24. Apr 26, 2014
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a perfect example of an FPS with both amazing multiplayer and singleplayer. It also introduced the whole RPG-based level-up system, causing many gamers to spend any sort of social life they had left on this addictive level-up system.
  25. Apr 25, 2014
    I love this game. The multiplayer is fun and the single player is actually good. But since there is too many hackers, I can't have as much fun as I used to.
  26. Apr 25, 2014
    SP is a joke because it is way too linear and unchallenging; and the MP gives too much power to the noobs who can just run around and do almost as well as skilled players.
  27. Apr 6, 2014
    one of the biggest most exciting game i have ever played . Call of duty series is the fun games i have ever played . there so much better and a lot fun . Grade A+
  28. Mar 28, 2014
    Singleplayer is a total joke. The SP is a linear rollercoaster from start to finish, enemy is stupid as a log, weapons offer no variety.

Multiplayer is skill-less punching around. You heal by sucking your thumb behind a cover, you have to aimdownsights and stop to hit **** you call killstrikes and use weaponloadouts. Noob gaming at it's best. Call of **** 4. This is the same as Call

Call of **** 4. This is the same as Call of **** 2. Copy paste at it's best. Steer clear.
  29. Mar 26, 2014
    The best call of duty ever!!!
    The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of
  30. Mar 18, 2014
    best call of duty game that was ever made,6 games later and they still did not made a game that even can compete to this one. great great gameplay. hours of fun!
  31. Mar 12, 2014
    That's one of my favorite games. An epic story that should impress every player. The events and the characters are well chosen. And the gameplay is unprecedented. The multiplayer is an amazing fun. A masterpiece. That's good entertainment.
  32. Mar 9, 2014
    Can't believe this game is almost 7 years old. I have playd this game for years and for me CoD4 is the last real Call of Duty. Singleplayer campaign is really short, but for its time it was breathtaking. Multiplayer is the best part of this game. Promod is making it one of the best progaming titles of all the time and even if this game is not one of the most played mutliplayer FPSs now,Can't believe this game is almost 7 years old. I have playd this game for years and for me CoD4 is the last real Call of Duty. Singleplayer campaign is really short, but for its time it was breathtaking. Multiplayer is the best part of this game. Promod is making it one of the best progaming titles of all the time and even if this game is not one of the most played mutliplayer FPSs now, there is a lot of good servers where you cal play. Expand
  33. Feb 28, 2014
    By far the best Call of Duty. It set a spark in the gaming world and to this day the same engine and graphics are used in the newest Call of Duties. Unlike every other Call of Duty title (except for the sequels) you actually want to do the campaign and the campaign is amazing at that. The multiplayer for this set the standard for all coming multiplayer games to live up to. I don't thinkBy far the best Call of Duty. It set a spark in the gaming world and to this day the same engine and graphics are used in the newest Call of Duties. Unlike every other Call of Duty title (except for the sequels) you actually want to do the campaign and the campaign is amazing at that. The multiplayer for this set the standard for all coming multiplayer games to live up to. I don't think the world of gaming would be the same without it and it is without a doubt a masterpiece. Expand
  34. Feb 21, 2014
    2007 nyeonttae really huge impact and left a lingering game. Now a lot of time in the past, then the impact is not eternal but feel though that great masterpiece!
  35. Feb 8, 2014
    The only good Modern Warfare game. It has a great campaign mode and it's more original than the others. And it has the greatest Multiplayer without a doubt. There is nothing really original and useful innovation after this game. C'mon Activision!!
  36. Jan 31, 2014
    In an ideal world, the masses would still be playing this game, as it is essentially identical to MW:Ghosts. Unfortunately people are stupid and they purchase re-hashed versions of COD4 over and over again so the player population is all over the place.

Seriously, this game defined the shooter genre we know today. No need to buy "new" shooters.
  37. Jan 17, 2014
    Bought it 6 years ago. 6 YEARS AGO. I'm still occasionally playing it to this day. Unlike recent cods, this game has an absolute amazing multiplayer gameplay, with maps in various different sizes and designs for all players except 64v64 madnesses.

Weapon balancing is great, leveling progression is somewhat decent. I'm dissapointed they didn't add prestiges for the PC version which is the reason I'm giving this an 8 instead of a 9 or 10.

Modding coudn't be less great! You want to play zombies? Okay, heres a server. You want to play promod? Okay, heres a server. You want to play paintball? Okay, heres a server!

IW did a great job on this game, but it really was the community which gave it such an excellent flavour.
  38. Jan 10, 2014
    Линейный сюжет, плохие русские... В мультиплеере нормально нельзя зарегистрироваться. Отсюда вот такая оценка. Хотя для запада война с русскими это уже традиция.
  39. Jan 7, 2014
    it is an awesome game probably the last one or one of the last good call of duty game. now they are doing some crap stuff with the call of duty games but they were doing awesome game before how this happened but this game as beautifull graphics it's a very good game at my eyes can't blame this game yes it is a litlle short but it still deserve a 10/10
  40. Jan 2, 2014
    I've played all Call of Duty games (yes, all!) and this is the crown jewel. It's simply one of the best games I've ever played. I've spent hours and hours playing it, and the fact that now in 2014 there are loads of people still out there playing multi-player says a lot. The only other COD game that comes close to the greatness of this game is MW2. The others are more or less forgettable.
  41. Dec 30, 2013
    i am not a big fan of the call of duty franchise, but this game is completely different, the multi-player aspect is absolutely brilliant, especially the search and destroy game-mode, in my opinion even the best of the complete franchise. The single player mode is a bit short, but also brilliant. I've been playing this game for a couple of years now, and i still can't get enough of it.
  42. Dec 25, 2013
    There is only one word to say about this game: AWESOME. Infinity Ward did succeeded in getting rid of the old-fashion WWII-based script to create a whole new imaginary yet quite realistic world of wars and chaos, which impressed me completely. This is, for sure, the best game of the year
  43. Nov 23, 2013
    I've played the fantastic campaign for this game multiple times and have spent many hours on the even-more-fantastic multiplayer. I've played all of the Call of Duty titles since and none of them have a campaign near as good as on Call of Duty 4, and only World at War comes close to being as fun as the multiplayer on this one.
  44. Nov 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare is the first COD game I ever owned. This is the only COD game i think is better then Battlefield. -Battlefield 4 But the reason it is so good is becuase you can connect to the characters in the campaign and also the modding community is amazing! It's so good they have such good mods eg. Star Wars mod and Prop hunt. The gameplay is spectacular and all the guns feel real. There were a few jumpy bits. Like in one of the missions dogs jump you. You can hear them but you can't see them. My favoraite mission is War Pig. I love seeing the AI being slaughtered in that mission.
    I recommend this game till the day I die. I will never forget this game!
  45. Nov 16, 2013
    The game that defined a whole generation of First-Person Shooters.

The game that defined a whole generation of First-Person Shooters.

The fourth major installment and arguably the best Call of Duty game ever, this is Modern Warfare. The series takes it's departure from their typical World War II games and strolls into modern-day war in the most epic and cinematic way. While playing the game, you actually feel like you're in the action and your NPC brothers in arms have feeling and seems really humane, from the graphics to the sound. Multiplayer also takes a big step up, but the focus on the game seems more weighted toward the online modes than other aspects. Playing with your buds have never been so fun. This my friends is a winner, but I'm unsure if the series or military shooters in general is taking a turn for the best or worse because of this game....
  46. Nov 14, 2013
    Best of the series. Great graphics, good map layouts, decent arsenal and fun fast paced action. Satisfiying Multiplayer experience. Even for today you can always come back to it and play. Golden times before IW turned into an money hoe.
  47. Nov 14, 2013
    Also were able to do before Infinity Ward Call of-Duty. All on 10 points, nowhere reproach. The best part in the series! All those who did not play, running for a gamepad or keyboard!
  48. Nov 13, 2013
    COD4 multiplayer had a lot of unique features and PERKS that were balanced and gave fresh feel that had me keep coming back for many hours. Over the hours of play some people would find perks they found that other players had that were annoying but yet it played a roll in the balance of things and this IMHO was a key successor for most of my enjoyment. Being able to switch things up andCOD4 multiplayer had a lot of unique features and PERKS that were balanced and gave fresh feel that had me keep coming back for many hours. Over the hours of play some people would find perks they found that other players had that were annoying but yet it played a roll in the balance of things and this IMHO was a key successor for most of my enjoyment. Being able to switch things up and have fun and even doing lobbies with friends. Looking back I appreciate no care packages and the wide range of the maps some maps had choke points, some were round and open and there really was not a formula for maps like there is in their other installments. Overall the multiplayer had me hooked but the only downfall is the campaign can be slightly disappointing. Expand
  49. Nov 9, 2013
    This game revolutionized the series. Great graphics, simple jump in and play gameplay and mainly loads and loads of fun. The singleplayer, although short, was loads of fun as well. I must have spent a couple hundred hours on this game's multiplayer. Definitely the best in the series, too bad they turned it into a corporate cash cow after this game and didn't just leave it at that
  50. Nov 7, 2013
    The Call of Duty's fame started here. This is the best Call of Duty yet! Graphics were too much for 2007, gameplay is freaking great and the multiplayer is the best! This is really worth your money and it's better than Call of Duty: Ghosts.
  51. Nov 6, 2013
    User Interface 10/10
    Sounds 10/10
    Music 10/10
  52. Oct 27, 2013
    Am I the only one who enjoys cod4 multiplayer more than Team Fortress 2 after the Uber Update?
  53. Oct 23, 2013
    This game, at this time, is not the current best MP, in my opinion. But when this game came out... It set the bar for MP in FPS's. By far being the most polished at it's time, COD 4 was the highest point in the Call of Duty series. This game is THE game that people base generic FPS's off of, to this day. And to that... I can't praise it enough since FPS is my favorite genre. HIGHLYThis game, at this time, is not the current best MP, in my opinion. But when this game came out... It set the bar for MP in FPS's. By far being the most polished at it's time, COD 4 was the highest point in the Call of Duty series. This game is THE game that people base generic FPS's off of, to this day. And to that... I can't praise it enough since FPS is my favorite genre. HIGHLY recommend for anyone who likes a great shooter. Expand
  54. Oct 22, 2013
    The Call of Duty series since inception has been a title about high energy dramatic set pieces against a backdrop of World War II. Under the careful guidance of WWII digital veterans Infinity Ward the series dips its toe into the messy politics of the 21st century. Pacing is intensified over any previous installment as small sandbox set pieces are delivered in rapid succession giving fewThe Call of Duty series since inception has been a title about high energy dramatic set pieces against a backdrop of World War II. Under the careful guidance of WWII digital veterans Infinity Ward the series dips its toe into the messy politics of the 21st century. Pacing is intensified over any previous installment as small sandbox set pieces are delivered in rapid succession giving few moments of breath or contemplation to the gravity of unfolding events. Moving satellite photos and news reports thrust the player in and out of conflicts all over the globe never giving the player a chance to ever fully explore or tire of any location.

The world of Modern Warfare is vast, chaotic and chillingly relevant. The high octane set pieces are designed to rival anything Hollywood has tried to create at a high cost of not connecting with any individual characters you inhabit. Perhaps that is the point? Every character while in the moment is vitally trying to control an always out of control situation. The chain of circumstances begins with the execution of an unnamed middle eastern president who is gagged and partially blindfolded. His view becomes your own, as his restricted vision and mobility heighten our engagement with a war torn city as you
    are escorted to your death experienced first hand. The footage is shown to the world kick starting a world wide series of events that hosts post-September 11 fears tempered with the realities of US and Russian corruption.

The game never tires leading up to a terrifying nuclear detonation, the lack of mental breaks can bring on fatigue but definitely provides the template for a new genre of action experiences that Hollywood may one day mimic. Not an evolution of the action genre, but a dramatic off shoot that leaves little room to out extreme in the future without delving into the farcical or pure fantasy.
  55. Oct 8, 2013
    con grandes realismos es juego es lo mejor en la epoca de la guerra para el 2007 este juego esta mejor hecho que todos los demas espero ver mas despues
  56. Oct 3, 2013
    I had given up on finding a truly satisfying multi-player experience after Halo had dropped. This game got me back into gaming again. I tried the Battlefield series and still the game play feel of CoD is superior. I just wish COD4 was still as popular today as it was before.
  57. Sep 2, 2013
    Just irritating and annoying. This was my first intro to CoD. What a crock of bleh. If this game was written to show how miserable it is to be in war, it succeeded. The single player missions have semi random checksaves that force you to relive scenario after scenario even if you are literally backed into a corner. The NPCs scream the same annoying comments again and again and thenJust irritating and annoying. This was my first intro to CoD. What a crock of bleh. If this game was written to show how miserable it is to be in war, it succeeded. The single player missions have semi random checksaves that force you to relive scenario after scenario even if you are literally backed into a corner. The NPCs scream the same annoying comments again and again and then you have the sheer joy of quicksaves when dogs show up. Even with infinite reloads, this was just an unpleasant experiance I'd rather not repeat. Expand
  58. Aug 31, 2013
    This is a brilliant game and it very enjoyable. Finally the setting has changed so no more WW2 but the beginning of WW3. The characters are also great and overall it is a thrilling experience.
  59. Jul 27, 2013
    Ok, this game is just the worst excuse of an FPS. Bad graphics, small maps, no weapons, hackers, glitches, bugs, After all, this game is not good. This game got a high score because all the CoD fanboys thought that this was the best CoD, let me tell you one thing: It's NOT. There are much better FPS's with much lower scores that deserve a higher rating. Activision paid reviews good, IOk, this game is just the worst excuse of an FPS. Bad graphics, small maps, no weapons, hackers, glitches, bugs, After all, this game is not good. This game got a high score because all the CoD fanboys thought that this was the best CoD, let me tell you one thing: It's NOT. There are much better FPS's with much lower scores that deserve a higher rating. Activision paid reviews good, I see. Just a terrible game, from Single Player to MP. Expand
  60. Jul 6, 2013
    It is the exact same as the 360 game so you know it will be amazing but the graphics are better and you can run it at 333 FPS. the community is massive still you get the variety map pack for free and the mods are great and the controls are actually sleek for a PC game
  61. Jun 17, 2013
    I got this game at release date, the campaign was good, but the multiplayer was amazing.
    Even to this date, Call of Duty 4 is by far the best Call of Duty game I've played, newer Call of Duty games aren't as fun to play as CoD 4, every match is full of campers on newer CoD games, also on CoD 4 we have dedicated servers and mods which gives the game more life.
    One thing that I didn't

One thing that I didn't liked was the veteran difficulty, I just barely finished it once on veteran difficulty, it feels like you die by a cheap way every time.
  62. Jun 11, 2013
    It's not perfect, but close. I've played close to 400 hours in this game, for me it's the best CoD game created and a really good FPS.

The single-player is meh, if it weren't multi-player in the game I would rate it a 4, but the multi-player carries the game to a 7. The first CoD game to have perks. With dedicated servers you could find sniper only servers and so on, you could ban, and have rules.. Amazing.
  63. May 28, 2013
    The last good Call of Duty. The Campaign is good, if a little short. The multiplayer is fantastic, just a shame about the fanboys. And the graphics are good quality and nice to look at. It's all downhill from here.
  64. Apr 24, 2013
    This is the pinnacle of the Call Of Duty franchise it has really gone to from here but this is a great game it really good good multiplayer plenty of servers that aren't hacks fun gameplay. Its not perfect but its actually really near it it has flaws but its a fun balanced game.
  65. Apr 14, 2013
    Bueno, la verdad es que este juego disfrute mucho la campaña single player, pero en serio? 92? creo que exageraron, no hay mucha variedad de armas, las pantallas son muy poco originales, y el voice acting te duerme. Este juego esta muy bueno pero no creo que meresca ni mas de 85, 7 esta bien para este juego, la verdad este no se porque esta muy over rated...pero se los recomiendo, loBueno, la verdad es que este juego disfrute mucho la campaña single player, pero en serio? 92? creo que exageraron, no hay mucha variedad de armas, las pantallas son muy poco originales, y el voice acting te duerme. Este juego esta muy bueno pero no creo que meresca ni mas de 85, 7 esta bien para este juego, la verdad este no se porque esta muy over rated...pero se los recomiendo, lo unicoque la verdad odie de este el alto nivel de linealidad de este juego, la muy, pero muy, extremadamente muy poca libertad que posees en este juego. Si les gusta los juegos de guerra, FPS pero en la actualidad, este juego es para ustedes! Expand
  66. Apr 9, 2013
    This game has so much going for it, streamlined play and online experience made it one of the best games of the generation of consoles. The level customisation that is now a series staple was created in the fourth installment. Good maps and a streamlined experience made it certainly one of the most influential console online shooters ever. Single player was not perfect but well done and inThis game has so much going for it, streamlined play and online experience made it one of the best games of the generation of consoles. The level customisation that is now a series staple was created in the fourth installment. Good maps and a streamlined experience made it certainly one of the most influential console online shooters ever. Single player was not perfect but well done and in most cases polished. The said storyline was good aswell, far surpassing normal shoot em up standards.

The only thing that can be said that is bad about Call Of Duty 4 is that it created the cycle of yearly (barely improved) Call Of Duty games that do nothing to further the series. Most of the games since COD 4 have just been re-skins of the same game and hardly improved at all but then again, why would you change a tried and tested formula that always guarantees profit every year)

Despite it being the father of said re-skins, the game itself is a masterpiece since before the age of copypasta Call Of Duty. If you haven't bought it yet, buy it now. The charms of the game are still just as strong for me in 2013, and I still come back to play it.
  67. Mar 8, 2013
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is revolutionary. It completely changed the Call of Duty series, completely overhauling the graphics design of Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2. This game offered an incredible campaign with challenging levels and awesome graphics. This game also offered an incredible multiplayer experience which debuted one of the most popular multiplayer modes in video gameCall of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is revolutionary. It completely changed the Call of Duty series, completely overhauling the graphics design of Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2. This game offered an incredible campaign with challenging levels and awesome graphics. This game also offered an incredible multiplayer experience which debuted one of the most popular multiplayer modes in video game history. Check this game out. It isn't the best in the Call of Duty series (Call of Duty 2 is), but it offers one heck of a game. Expand
  68. Feb 16, 2013
    I'm sorry folks but this game is entirely overrated. People like to claim that this was the last good Call of Duty, when in fact this is not a very good game. My main beef is with the mutliplayer. In all reality, the singleplayer is great, and typically is with any Call of Duty game, but that's not why you buy COD. You buy COD for multiplayer, and this games multiplayer is terrible. IfI'm sorry folks but this game is entirely overrated. People like to claim that this was the last good Call of Duty, when in fact this is not a very good game. My main beef is with the mutliplayer. In all reality, the singleplayer is great, and typically is with any Call of Duty game, but that's not why you buy COD. You buy COD for multiplayer, and this games multiplayer is terrible. If it's not some kiddies with ACOG snipers tryharding, it's really bad sounding and feeling guns. The dedicated server system is trash in comparison to Black Ops or World at War. You are also stuck with only three killstreaks, in comparison to the newer games. The maps aren't too bad, and the graphics are standard among Call of Duty games, but I just don't like the feel of the multiplayer. This game is overrated, and even MW3 of all the COD games is better than this. Expand
  69. Feb 1, 2013
    This, is my opinion, is the only Call of Duty worth paying 60 dollars for. All of the other Modern Warfares or Black Ops' are map packs for this game. It's sad to see how downhill the rest of the franchise has gone, but Call of Duty 4 will always be a respected, well made masterpiece.
  70. Jan 5, 2013
    One of the best games i have ever played, i still find myself playing it on my Xbox and Pc, this game derserves a new update, so people will start finding this game amazing again, it is way to underplayed. And i find that shame-full, comparing this shooter to others would be like comparing, Diamond to dust.
  71. Dec 25, 2012
    This game is the best Call of Duty ever. when we were bored of second world war, the modern warfare appeared and revived the genre. This game marked a before and after in the shooters games. PERFECT
    (sorry for the language)
  72. Dec 18, 2012
    This is the malefic game that has started the most sold out genre of games. This is the game that has started two sagas, one of the worst sagas ever made, called Modern Warfare and Black Ops. If CoD 4 didn't exist, these 2 sagas didn't. Bad gameplay, bad multiplayer, bad-medium graphics, semi-good plot and OK sound. I can't say that graphics are bad/very bad because they're only on theThis is the malefic game that has started the most sold out genre of games. This is the game that has started two sagas, one of the worst sagas ever made, called Modern Warfare and Black Ops. If CoD 4 didn't exist, these 2 sagas didn't. Bad gameplay, bad multiplayer, bad-medium graphics, semi-good plot and OK sound. I can't say that graphics are bad/very bad because they're only on the other games like CoD MW2, MW3, BO, BO2, etc. Anyway, they're not so good, because this was out on 2007, and on this year Crysis was already out, which has much better graphics. Actually, I don't care about graphics, but, since I'm reviewing a game, I have to rate them. The gameplay is very slow and boring, and it isn't competitive. The multiplayer is closed (I mean that you can't make your own scripts, maps, gametypes, etc., like on Quake 3), and there's not SDK, etc. (OF COURSE!). The singleplayer lasts just a bit. You can complete it in 4 hours. Semi-good plot, because it can be good, but it's not deep. 3.75, for me. Expand
  73. Nov 24, 2012
    When i started playing FPS games around 2004 i was suffering from some too linear game campaigns etc.Back in 2007 when the game was released it was just EPIC, the Multiplayer was the best of the the decade possibly (at least for me!).The game itself wont let abandon it plus the Multiplayer servers are still almost full.I must say this and WaW are the CODs ever created.
  74. Nov 18, 2012
    Honstly, I think this is the most balanced and well designed Call of Duty game that has been made. I would rather have remakes of this stellar game than the sequels that it spawned :(
  75. Oct 17, 2012
    Single player is good and the MP is pretty cool, except for the airstrikes which are just too over-powered and make the game a lot less fun. Maybe that is because I never manage to get a kill-streak.
  76. Aug 13, 2012
    Call of Duty 4 is the best COD game. It haves a great multiplayer and a fantastic single player. Believe me, you will be playing this game for years. The story mode is short, but this game may have the best story mode for shooters. Is a must have for all gamers.And, almost forgot, the multi player is the best reason to buy this game. 96 out of 100
  77. Aug 8, 2012
    I already reviewed the Xbox360 version giving it a 10, however in that case I have only played the multiplayer on PC, since there is no 'Find match' option, you are forced to look for servers, many of which aren't what you want to play, and are too many players in the lobby for it to be as exciting as the Xbox version, that and the fact that I have found some hackers, and the connection,I already reviewed the Xbox360 version giving it a 10, however in that case I have only played the multiplayer on PC, since there is no 'Find match' option, you are forced to look for servers, many of which aren't what you want to play, and are too many players in the lobby for it to be as exciting as the Xbox version, that and the fact that I have found some hackers, and the connection, even though it is all dedicated servers, is still flimsy. Expand
  78. Aug 6, 2012
    I can only speak to the SP side of things, but in this respect the game shines. The campaign is not particularly long, but it does a good job of pacing itself--not like its sequels which blow their wad right away. The story is not particularly original, but it ties the missions together nicely and even makes you care about the characters. By the end--which I won't spoil--you feel veryI can only speak to the SP side of things, but in this respect the game shines. The campaign is not particularly long, but it does a good job of pacing itself--not like its sequels which blow their wad right away. The story is not particularly original, but it ties the missions together nicely and even makes you care about the characters. By the end--which I won't spoil--you feel very invested in what's going on, and the adrenaline is pumping. To increase replay value there's an "arcade mode" which lets you score points as you replay the missions, a neat little feature that I wish had been implemented in future installments. Expand
  79. Aug 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (also known as Call of Duty 4 or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare) (Rus "Call of Duty 4: Modern War") - multi-platform video game, first person shooter, developed by U.S. company Infinity Ward and published by Activision. The game is the fourth in a series of Call of Duty and the first sub-Modern Warfare, the project has officially been announced by May 26, 2007.
    Game Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was released on November 5, 2007 in three target platforms: PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 are also for the other three platforms: Mac, Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii. On November 12, 2007, the game became available for purchase through the online service Steam.
    The game's plot is associated with modern warfare, the single player campaign gives the player to play for some of the fighters and U.S. special services and regular parts of the UK. The game takes place in Russia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan and the Middle East.
    During the first 24 hours of sales has sold nearly 600,000 copies of the game. Total world was realized over 10 million copies of the game. The game has become one of the best in the series Call of Duty.
    Also, May 25, 2010 the game became available for purchase in the Xbox Live, allowing interested in purchasing this game do not buy it on disk, and by paying, download to your console.
  80. Jul 30, 2012
    I havent play it online yet but i got best FPS experience with single player. Great game didnt bored even for second. Too bad there's no good call of dutys after MW:1...
  81. Jul 30, 2012
    This game well deserved all the Hype about it, and was pretty much responsible for throwing one of the best FPS of all time from its Throne ( CounterStrike ). It wasnt the game that killed CS, but was a well worth replacement.

Sadly its sequels very really bad in comparison, not only did they ban dedicated server for PC, it was also too futuristic for my likings. But this game itself is really one of the best MP shooters i ever played on Console and PC
  82. Jul 24, 2012
    Still the BEST FPS game ever, I still play this game often. To be honest, it's better than Battlefield 3 and MW3 .
    The multiplayer part is very well made and the gameplay is well thought out
  83. Jul 13, 2012
    I can say one thing this is the best multiplayer cod ( black ops gets zombies :) ) but ok why 9 campaign was good but basic also graphics where ok my radeon 6850 in my alienware laptop was running at -2 degrees
    but yes multiplayer is da best lan like crysis wars amazing not op weapons and a place in my heart great game for 20$ get a copy i mean its not like mw3
  84. Jun 13, 2012
    Man I love this game! After coping so many hatred towards the series (I agree that it deserves some of them), I'm really glad to return back to my favorite FPS game of all time i.e COD4MW. I've completed the single player campaign four times and still want to give it a try once again! ( But i don't want to bother playing in the higher difficulty level). To all MW2, MW3, BO, BO2 haters,Man I love this game! After coping so many hatred towards the series (I agree that it deserves some of them), I'm really glad to return back to my favorite FPS game of all time i.e COD4MW. I've completed the single player campaign four times and still want to give it a try once again! ( But i don't want to bother playing in the higher difficulty level). To all MW2, MW3, BO, BO2 haters, stay out of this game please! Expand
  85. Jun 13, 2012
    Played this game for the first time after trying some of the more recent COD titles. I must say, this one beats all of the others aside from maybe World at War since I'm a sucker for those older weaponry. The graphics are great compared to the recent COD games, and the gameplay is very fun. It wasn't very long, which was good because it was getting to being the same thing over and over.Played this game for the first time after trying some of the more recent COD titles. I must say, this one beats all of the others aside from maybe World at War since I'm a sucker for those older weaponry. The graphics are great compared to the recent COD games, and the gameplay is very fun. It wasn't very long, which was good because it was getting to being the same thing over and over. The storyline was pretty good though. I don't know what happened after World at War, but COD has really gone downhill. Long live pre-modern warfare 2 COD games! Expand
  86. Jun 7, 2012
    100% fun time to be had! The negative reviews are from those who generally are not good at video games. The campaign is a little short but it's still fun. multiplayer is as good as it will ever be. That goes for online and split screen. It's all the good things from goldeneye 64, unreal tournament, and time splitters rolled into a hot n tasty bean burrito. It's great if your looking to100% fun time to be had! The negative reviews are from those who generally are not good at video games. The campaign is a little short but it's still fun. multiplayer is as good as it will ever be. That goes for online and split screen. It's all the good things from goldeneye 64, unreal tournament, and time splitters rolled into a hot n tasty bean burrito. It's great if your looking to kill time...in short must buy! "Doors that can't be opened. Windows that can't be broken. 1 metre high boxes that you just can't quite muster the strength to climb over. Worthless drivel." How do you play games pal? Expand
  87. May 27, 2012
    This game sucks compared to all the other CoD's. I don't understand why people call this game the greatest Call of Duty ever. It's not! The campaign sucks and the multiplayer is boring with little killstreaks and perks. Not to mention the thosuands of hackers that infest the game.
    Not worth the money, get MW2 or Black Ops instead.
  88. May 21, 2012
    Best fps shooter of all time, without doubt. The game has endless replayability, when you take out hackers and campers the game is flawless. Despite these it's impossible not to give it a full 10. Worth £200 unlike it's rehashed remakes, which could be 1 of the endless mods to the game.
  89. May 20, 2012
    Omge! Cool game love it cuz dis was b4 cod got stal cuz den cod got bad dis 1 is gewd cuz i said it was gewd so u shld g0 bi it bro cuz it so gewd. bi it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  90. May 12, 2012
    Call of Duty 4 is one of the best CoD game, because it has custom add-ons that drastically enhances the multiplayer gameplay such as Pro-mod (which is one of my favorite add-ons), custom maps and more. The later CoD titles are just crap, all they did good was the campaign and the multiplayer itself are still the same as COD4, with new bad layout maps. Really, if you want to play the realCall of Duty 4 is one of the best CoD game, because it has custom add-ons that drastically enhances the multiplayer gameplay such as Pro-mod (which is one of my favorite add-ons), custom maps and more. The later CoD titles are just crap, all they did good was the campaign and the multiplayer itself are still the same as COD4, with new bad layout maps. Really, if you want to play the real Call of Duty, get COD4. Expand
  91. May 8, 2012
    Cod4's immorally short 4 hour campaign has lowered the bar such that multiplayer games now feel that it is okay to settle for short, poorly made campaigns. To nitpick this game to death, allies always get into your way and absorb some of your bullets because they look like your enemies. Respawning enemies make the combat quite futile. There are a large number of mechanics that are usedCod4's immorally short 4 hour campaign has lowered the bar such that multiplayer games now feel that it is okay to settle for short, poorly made campaigns. To nitpick this game to death, allies always get into your way and absorb some of your bullets because they look like your enemies. Respawning enemies make the combat quite futile. There are a large number of mechanics that are used only one time, such as ONLY ONE mounted sniper rifle which is affected by wind. The game is determined to never calm down, making it even more frustrating trying to divine the developers' will as the game tries to stomp on your free will.
    The second worst aspect is the attack dogs that will tear your aorta out unless you press the melee attack button at precisely the right time, which I can never manage. You will be sent back to the last save point to keep an extra close watch out for the aorta-fiends.
    The worst part is the fans, which all sound like "y ar u runing intothe rooom sprayying bulets like that man? hav u no skil man???"
    Activision has since released about four copies in addition to all the competitors.
  92. Apr 15, 2012
    After all of the Call of Duty releases out now this game still remains to be the best. No over the top kill streaks, no game breaking glitches, and the most solid mechanics for multiplayer yet. I put the same number of bullets in someone every time and they die. Its amazing. Also some of the best maps. The new COD games of the series are trash in comparison.
  93. Mar 28, 2012
    A very fun game. Every game could use improvements and so could this but generally speaking I have almost all positive things to say about this game. The single player campaign is very immersive and fun to play.
  94. Mar 16, 2012
    I've played this game a lot as a LAN game at university during breaks enjoying an awesome multiplayer experience on most of the maps. While I don't like playing, failing and leveling up until you are able to play the game as it was meant to be, the unlocking system was a horrible step to take which became popular in modern FPS games! I cannot figure out if it was the level design, niceI've played this game a lot as a LAN game at university during breaks enjoying an awesome multiplayer experience on most of the maps. While I don't like playing, failing and leveling up until you are able to play the game as it was meant to be, the unlocking system was a horrible step to take which became popular in modern FPS games! I cannot figure out if it was the level design, nice game modes, good ingame communication or just our group of players that made CoD4 one of the best multiplayer FPS games I've played since CoD1 (haven't tried many in between). Since then multiplayer games seem to have lost the way to team players up (maybe the console gaming with players have to few buttons!?).
    +++
    The singleplayer game is quite straight forward with some awesome moments (The Aftermath) and some horrible flaws: You are the super soldier who has to blow up things, shoot any enemy, push forward -- which hinders you from playing a support gunner covering your team -- and do all the stuff your teammates can't, but you CANNOT OPEN DOORS! At any point the game has a door you have to wait for your team to open the door and take away all action from you -- okay, in terms of story telling and stopping you from killing important NPCs, it is a way. Still it feels like you are missing the general key to the world anyone else has....
    +++
    After all the game tells its story pretty good without having a whole invasion going on and killing you once an hour for random story reasons. Graphics have reached a sufficient level, anything more is nice to have and forces the player to buy better equipment without any more gain. Multiplayer was a pleasure to play offline and was absolutely worthwhile!
  95. Mar 12, 2012
    this is the best of the cod series for sure.this game is the reason why cod series is still on top.its very different from its predecessors.single player was excellent but short at the same time but multiplayer was amazing.
  96. Mar 7, 2012
    Very solid game. The single player is fun but short.

The multiplayer is also pretty fun. However, considering the high player count on servers on the PC version, it feels too congested sometimes, and the game play degenerates into an absolute spamfest. Regardless, it has its moments and is one of the better Call of Duty games out there. It has a lot of good maps and weapon selections.
  97. Mar 7, 2012
    This is still--by far--my favorite Call of Duty game. The single player campaign left me completely stunned in amazement because no game had ever captured the intensity to the point where I really felt like a soldier on the battlefield. The release of COD4 was perfectly timed in sync with the end of the over-played WWII themed FPS games. COD4 pulled everyone in because it was somethingThis is still--by far--my favorite Call of Duty game. The single player campaign left me completely stunned in amazement because no game had ever captured the intensity to the point where I really felt like a soldier on the battlefield. The release of COD4 was perfectly timed in sync with the end of the over-played WWII themed FPS games. COD4 pulled everyone in because it was something new, fresh, and exciting--it was the right game at the right time.

Multiplayer is phenomenalâ
  98. Mar 7, 2012
    A very good multi player game, but highly overrated by the media and the fan boys that clog up the servers. If I had to play any FPS at all, this wouldn't be my first choice, but it is not a bad title by any means.
  99. Feb 27, 2012
    For it's respective slot in history. This game was still fresh. It modernized the aging world war 2 template with 'just' enough storytelling and presentation upgrades to make the air feel fresh again for a breath or two. It's still not all that memorable, and supremely short. Get it for the multiplayer. Which is hopefully still active.
  100. Feb 22, 2012
    Unlike its sequels this one is actually good, in the sense its not really realistic, but that's why they said just "Photo-realistic", not real life realistic...... the story i liked and it wasn't completely repetitive, and the maps were just fun to play, still i prefer Counter strike, and those games.....
    story-8, fun-7, upgrading, nothin just dlc's or extra maps they release for 15$, i hate DLC's just a way to get more money, creativity- isnt really their
  101. Oct 31, 2011
    Call of Duty 4 is not a good game. The best parts about the game are the sounds (pretty good); however, the rest of this game is painfully average. Half-Life 2 which was released 2 or 3 years before this has similar graphics and much better level design and story. Another good point is that the game is length being short so I do not have to force my self to continue its repetitiveCall of Duty 4 is not a good game. The best parts about the game are the sounds (pretty good); however, the rest of this game is painfully average. Half-Life 2 which was released 2 or 3 years before this has similar graphics and much better level design and story. Another good point is that the game is length being short so I do not have to force my self to continue its repetitive gameplay. The bad parts of the game? well, first the game is completely uninvolving or say not interactive and mostly because of its linear story and average level design. This game consists many levels in which you have to shoot tons of enemies. This makes game extremely repetitive. Also there are no interesting characters in this game and most time it just direct the player to a certain way with no intriguing or complex levels. Yet the game really does not have any story whatsoever. The online part is okay, although generally I do not like this kind of mindless shooter. Collapse

1. A beautifully crafted first-person shooter, but without a compelling context. How much does that matter? To me, a little. Not a lot, but it nags. [Dec 2007, p.73]
    Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.
  3. It’s absolutely relentless in its assault on the senses and never lets up until the last trigger has been squeezed. The multiplayer is even better, with the perks and weapon upgrades acting as a balance to the lack of vehicles.