8.4

1. Feb 20, 2012
    The original Call of Duty changed it all, Call of Duty Modern Warfare changed it all once again. The single player campaign is extremely well designed and unlike MW2/MW3/BO well paced. The levels are not just about mindless running and gunning but though if you prefer finishing them like that you are free to do so. The multiplayer is actually the place where COD brings out all of itsThe original Call of Duty changed it all, Call of Duty Modern Warfare changed it all once again. The single player campaign is extremely well designed and unlike MW2/MW3/BO well paced. The levels are not just about mindless running and gunning but though if you prefer finishing them like that you are free to do so. The multiplayer is actually the place where COD brings out all of its shine. Its extremely immersive and full of exciting well designed levels with lots of guns and customization options. The most important thing about this game is that unlike its younger brothers (MW2/MW3/BO) it has support for dedicated servers which is the reason why this game has thousands of active servers even after so much time.

Does this game deserve to be rated with score 10? Probably not because there are certainly flaws which are not that obvious at first sight. However, if I don't rate it that way I will most probably be sorry for not doing that in a couple of years when all traces of decent games are erased in favor of pure money-grinding publishing politics (I fear that time has already come). That means that realistically this game deserves a strong 9 however by the power invested in my current voting rights I will give it a full 10.
  2. Feb 20, 2012
    U like it or not, it's best Call of Duty game in series. Story in single-player is innovation, and something new to CoD series. I'm still playing single-player sometimes. Multiplayer is best experience ever. It's better than CoD MW2 or MW3 or any CoD MP. Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare Multiplayer is best in every aspect.
    And if ur bored of playing normal MP u still can get some skill on
    And if ur bored of playing normal MP u still can get some skill on great modification - ProMod.
  3. Feb 18, 2012
    by far the best multiplayer fps i've ever experienced. i had just come off playing bf2 when i started playing this and the fast paced action with the ability to actually aim (unlike games like bf2 and cs where unless you were used to it guns were about as accurate as a wet towel). since launch this has been my favourite fps.
  4. Feb 11, 2012
    Call of Duty 4 is a giant leap foward in the series. The previous games were way ahead of their time but Modern Warfare is the combined result of all of the previous games. The graphics are wow factor, the story is utterly convincing, the weapon range has grown exponentially, the characters are a joy to play alongside and the multiplayer is addictive although not very realistic. My pointsCall of Duty 4 is a giant leap foward in the series. The previous games were way ahead of their time but Modern Warfare is the combined result of all of the previous games. The graphics are wow factor, the story is utterly convincing, the weapon range has grown exponentially, the characters are a joy to play alongside and the multiplayer is addictive although not very realistic. My points would be the lack of interaction between items that are not weapons (doors, vehicles and windows) and that the multiplayer becomes slow and glitchy in the case of heavy traffic to servers. There is room for improvement but Modern Warfare is a must have. Expand
  5. Jan 31, 2012
    Every other CoD game is more profitable than the previous one but this title is my favourite part. Additionally, it wasn't until Modern Warfare that I sunk into the multiplayer so hard :) Rewarding system in Black Ops wasn't so well thought and it lacked such impact that this game had. Easy to use and understand and to jump in to, REALLY hard to master.

Graphics 9.2/10
    Audio 8.9/10
    Gameplay 10/10
  6. Dec 27, 2011
    Perhaps the best Call of Duty game ever made: epic story, very good gameplay, good graphics, great mods including the usage of AI bots in skirmish games and of course the good custom maps. This game is truly the answer to a weak Counterstrike game as well as a good Medal of Honor game when it comes to more of modern warfare tactics.
  7. Dec 21, 2011
    An excellent FPS, which definitely set the shooter standard when it was released. Sneaking around in Hardcore domination mode, without the annoying predator missiles and attack dogs added in later COD titles, this game is great - and it also has the best singleplayer campaign in any call of duty game. Too bad that later iterations of the series has not kept up to its legacy.
  8. Dec 10, 2011
    THE highlight of the single player was the last mission, Mile High Club, which when played on the veteran difficulty turned out to be one of the most enjoyable single player level I have played in recent years. Apart from that, the single player missions are just copy-paste from older CoDs with new graphics and fancy weapons. Maybe that AC-130 shooting game is something new, but I didn'tTHE highlight of the single player was the last mission, Mile High Club, which when played on the veteran difficulty turned out to be one of the most enjoyable single player level I have played in recent years. Apart from that, the single player missions are just copy-paste from older CoDs with new graphics and fancy weapons. Maybe that AC-130 shooting game is something new, but I didn't like it that much. Multiplayer is definitely worth playing as it can be fun at times, but be ready to be kicked quite a few times if you're remotely good at this game as you can get kills through the wall quite easily and immature admins kick you for wallhacking. But that's just the community so I'm not taking any scores off because of that. I wish they fixed the killstreak system as you will spend ages sitting in the corner trying to get rid of that helicopter call you have, or you could just waste it.
    If you have played previous CoD games, the single player will probably disappoint you, but multiplayer has some fun elements to it. For someone who has never played CoD or FPS games, this game could provide you with a lot of fun.
  9. Dec 5, 2011
    Unfortunately, the last good Call of Duty was also the first good Call of Duty. The singleplayer is an action-packed ride but the multiplayer isn't what its really cut out to be. Sure, its addictive, but it gets boring really fast. However, it is highly recommended.
  10. Nov 21, 2011
    this was the last good Call of Duty title for PC. Call of Duty UNITED OFFENSIVE still remains as the king of multiplayer followed by CoD4 and CoD2. the 2nd and 3rd MW are NOT FOR PC. so this is the last real CoD for PC.
  11. Nov 18, 2011
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is the best Call of Duty game of all time. The campaign is very entertaining, and has an enticing storyline. Online play only makes the game that much better, where you can play for fun or attempt to join leagues and play the game competitively.
  12. Nov 15, 2011
    Definently the best Call of Duty game up to date. After it being released over 4 years, it is still widely played on the PC in great amounts of players and time. This game is a must buy if your just picking up PC gaming and shooters on the PC. It will teach you how controls work for Call of Duty-like games.
  13. Nov 15, 2011
    Easily one of the best FPS games I have ever played. When I first played this game at my cousin's house on launch day, I literally thought he was watching a war video. I thought the sounds and graphics were so real. I bought it for myself and ended up falling in love. The campaign is a force to be reckoned with and the multiplayer mode is absolutely addicting. A definite buy for FPS fans.
  14. Nov 14, 2011
    Still one of the best games in the series. I would gladly pay for new DLC for this game. I think that Activision is missing out. It would be great to have a few patches to add new game modes or maps. Much better than the garbage that has followed. I have MW2, Black OPs, and MW3 in the modern shooter and still find myself back to COD4. What a shame that a company that was able to set theStill one of the best games in the series. I would gladly pay for new DLC for this game. I think that Activision is missing out. It would be great to have a few patches to add new game modes or maps. Much better than the garbage that has followed. I have MW2, Black OPs, and MW3 in the modern shooter and still find myself back to COD4. What a shame that a company that was able to set the bar so high with this title, can't seem to reach their own mark now. Expand
  15. Nov 13, 2011
    A shooter made for the hanidcapped and babbies. There is no pre-requisite of aiming so I guess this makes sense. If hitboxing jockery is your sort of thing, then I guess this game was ok. But if you have any expectation of a game that requires skill and has a skill curve that rewards practice, then you'll be disappointed. Dumb.
  16. Nov 10, 2011
    The game that changed the FPS scene in the past 5 years.
    A great single player adventure and amazing arcade multiplayer action.
    Very enjoyable and fun.
    The sequels get worse by the year not bringing anything new to the table so if you played this one you have played them all.

Don't bother with the sequels and not with MW3 that was just released.
  17. Nov 9, 2011
    User Interface 10/10
    Sounds 8/10
    Music 7/10
  18. Nov 9, 2011
    I was worried when Infinity Ward announced they were going to ditch the World War II genre and move to Modern Warfare, but after a tentative Single Player play-through and a few hours notched up on Multiplayer, I fell in love. This game is beautifully made in every aspect, and is still one of the most popular games to rent a gaming server for. The campaign is varied and stunning, and theI was worried when Infinity Ward announced they were going to ditch the World War II genre and move to Modern Warfare, but after a tentative Single Player play-through and a few hours notched up on Multiplayer, I fell in love. This game is beautifully made in every aspect, and is still one of the most popular games to rent a gaming server for. The campaign is varied and stunning, and the adrenaline rush you feel after completing the first level and seeing the title roll up makes you realise, "this is going to be good." And it doesn't disappoint. On-line is where this game really comes in to it's own, as the game-modes, weapons, attachments, kill streaks and challenges are all a welcome addition to an excellent series of games. It's hard to fault this title. Expand
  19. Nov 8, 2011
    The original Modern Warfare. This game changed my life forever. It's the best shooter game of all time. these days i decided to put my score because the deception of Call of Duty Modern Warefare 3. The reason is simply. Infinityward was created this game on 2007. Now Infinity Ward is death. THE PEOPLE CREATED THIS GAME IS NOW ::::> RESPAWN ENTERTAINMENT.
  20. Oct 31, 2011
    Call of Duty 4 is not a good game. The best parts about the game are the sounds (pretty good); however, the rest of this game is painfully average. Half-Life 2 which was released 2 or 3 years before this has similar graphics and much better level design and story. Another good point is that the game is length being short so I do not have to force my self to continue its repetitiveCall of Duty 4 is not a good game. The best parts about the game are the sounds (pretty good); however, the rest of this game is painfully average. Half-Life 2 which was released 2 or 3 years before this has similar graphics and much better level design and story. Another good point is that the game is length being short so I do not have to force my self to continue its repetitive gameplay. The bad parts of the game? well, first the game is completely uninvolving or say not interactive and mostly because of its linear story and average level design. This game consists many levels in which you have to shoot tons of enemies. This makes game extremely repetitive. Also there are no interesting characters in this game and most time it just direct the player to a certain way with no intriguing or complex levels. Yet the game really does not have any story whatsoever. The online part is okay, although generally I do not like this kind of mindless shooter. Expand
  21. Oct 25, 2011
    Great Classic. Its perfect in many cases, but that certain something I can't describe is missing. A Milestone when it comes to Shooters, for sure. Modern Warfare.
  22. Oct 18, 2011
    COD 4 is without a doubt one of the (if not 'the') single best game I have ever played. Due to issues with the MP, I can't comment on it, but the Single Player mode is utterly mezmorising. Boasting impressive graphics and one heck of a compelling narrative coupled with its replayability; no-one can deny the quality of the campaign.
  23. Oct 9, 2011
    The last TRUE COD game, the series ever since has been dead to me, full of hackers online with zero skill needed other than twitch speed bunny hopping to dodge bullets.
  24. Sep 29, 2011
    I honestly only came here to rate this great game. One of the best cods, other than 2, for gameplay and replayability. Trust all of the positive reviews, the negative ones are either trolls, or people with different taste.
  25. Sep 27, 2011
    Pretty good game. If you were going to buy Black Ops or something, I'd get this instead. Great story, and the multiplayer is the bast part. Now, go grab an M4, and kick some ass.
  26. Sep 22, 2011
    This game actually blows ass. I tried it on the hardest difficulty setting and it wasn't bad, until I got to the TV station. WTF? Infinite respawning enemies, who spam grenades at you every 3 seconds. Why should I try and play it realistically when you give me no cover system and infinite enemies magically coming out of a door. The enemies just stream out of that door and never stopThis game actually blows ass. I tried it on the hardest difficulty setting and it wasn't bad, until I got to the TV station. WTF? Infinite respawning enemies, who spam grenades at you every 3 seconds. Why should I try and play it realistically when you give me no cover system and infinite enemies magically coming out of a door. The enemies just stream out of that door and never stop coming. I can sit back and snipe them and snipe them and kill again and again and they'll never lessen. Apparently, this TV station is inhabited by the world's population, and they've all turned to a life of terrorism apparently. There's no sense to this scenario. Why are terrorists infinite? Remember back to the good old Rainbow Six days, when a mission would have 6 or 7 tangos, max? The difficulty was in saving the hostage or killing them all without incurring a single casualty on your team. That was what was rewarding, not this nonsense of slaughtering hoards of faceless drones spawning out of a closet. **** you Infinity Ward and the half-track you rode in on. I changed it to normal difficulty and now I can play it without getting the urge to punch my monitor.

And for a game that's supposed to be about modern warfare, there's no rate of fire selector or any ability to customize your weapon accessories. Crysis had those, and that's a game with ****ing giant robot squids. Why wouldn't you allow us to change our rate of fire? Assault rifles and submachine guns all have this feature, and you're trying to portray many of these weapons in the game. Sometimes a situation might call for semi auto mode, like sniping at long range, while another might require full auto mode. Giving players choices is a good thing, it's not something to be afraid of. But no, Infinity Ward doesn't believe in giving the player any power. That's why every door has to be opened by an AI companion, instead of by the player. Remember the good ol days of Wolfenstein 3D and Doom, when you could actually open doors yourself? COD4 also introduces new weapon accessories, like red dot and ACOG sights, as well as laser sights and silencers. The only problem is... you can't select which accessories to equip on your weapon. The game just sticks you with whatever random assortment it wants. You have no say in how your personal firearm will be customized. Customization of weapons is not difficult to implement in video games these days. Rainbow Six has done it on multiple iterations, as has Crysis. Customizing your gun generates a feeling of empowerment and individualization, and I simply don't understand why the developer felt that they should keep that away from the player. It's a baffling misstep and a shame, particularly because the weapon accessories themselves are quite well-designed and realized. The red dot sight looks great and feels authentic. The campaign is one tightly scripted sequence after another. While this allows for intense and dramatic moments like watching a helicopter crash and barely avoid killing Captain McMillan, it also leads to severely limited replayability. You know exactly what's going to happen every time because it's all scripted to happen at a certain time and place. So really, there's no reason to go back and replay the experience, as it'll be the same as the first time. While I enjoyed scripted events when they first arrived on the FPS in the form of Half-Life... it's gotten incredibly old. Half-Life came out in 1998. Then we had Medal of Honor Allied Assault, which was made by the team that later formed IW. I thought MoHAA was a great WW2 experience. Then they made Call of Duty, which was also a great scripted game. Then Call of Duty 2, which was more of the same. I figured CoD2 was where it probably needed to end, they'd done all they could. But now they're back, and once again we're treated to linear scripted missions. I've simply had enough. It's time to play in more dynamic combat environments, with more freedom and tactical options and intelligence. The campaign is also amazingly short, clocking in at around 7 to 8 hours. So yea, I'm not sure why everyone called it the best game ever. The presentation looks nice at first, but there's a lot that's retarded, and you'd think they'd have fixed their **** since this is the FOURTH game in the series.
  27. Sep 13, 2011
    Greatest FPS of all time. Campaign is utterly amazing and that's just the beginning. Multiplayer... I have no words for how incredible it is. If you don't own this game, you should, like right now.
  28. Sep 13, 2011
    I don't have much to say about this game, I can only say that this game is one of the best achievements in history of gaming and I'm very proud to be part of it :)
  29. Aug 16, 2011
    MULTIPLAYER GAME IS SICK! i play it everyday and i wont stop playing this in my life never, i have fun always, single player mode is "good", the single player mode from mw2 is a lot better but this game is EXCELENTE!
  30. Aug 8, 2011
    My absolute all time favorite FPS. This is the game that brought me back to FPS's after I stopped playing Battlefield 1942. It was the first game that I bought when I built my first computer that I owned outright, and is still the game I play most. The single player is enjoyable enough, though definitely not the main calling of this game. The multiplayer is fantastic, and dew to the use ofMy absolute all time favorite FPS. This is the game that brought me back to FPS's after I stopped playing Battlefield 1942. It was the first game that I bought when I built my first computer that I owned outright, and is still the game I play most. The single player is enjoyable enough, though definitely not the main calling of this game. The multiplayer is fantastic, and dew to the use of dedicated servers, you can find all sorts of play styles from the typical run and gun to the more realistic "tactical realism crouch" styles. I am, and forever will be, in love with this game. Expand
  31. Jul 17, 2011
    Singleplayer was good, I enjoyed that but wasn't that shocked by what I was seeing. Multiplayer is also good, very Addictive and while some are poor there are some great Maps. A decent FPS but I have seen better before
  32. Jul 5, 2011
    This is my one of my favorite Modern Warfare games it has a good story great mechanics new guns though multiplayer is kind of a toss up its real fun and competitive and then there's hackers server transfers and tubers i don't mind campers the make the game more interesting/easier all in all good game and multiplayer could have been great but turned out to be a nightmare.
  33. Jun 18, 2011
    The second best COD that has been made in my opinion. the story mode was gripping and fun. The MP was filled with excitement and an awesome community. The singleplayer did lack some emotion and the multiplayer did suffer from a tiny bit of over powered weapons(M60, RPK) but all in all this was an amazing game.
  34. Jun 3, 2011
    GameCritics: Best Action Game
    GameSpot: Best Graphics, Best Shooter, Best Xbox 360 Game, Best PlayStation 3 Game
    GameTrailers: Best Graphics, Best PS3 Game GamePro: Best Overall Game of the Year IGN: Best Xbox 360 Game, Best Shooter of 2007 GameSpy: Best PS3 Game, Best Xbox 360 Game, Best PC Game, Game of the Year X-Play: Best Shooter, Best Sound Design Spike Video Game Awards: Best
    GameCritics: Best Action Game
    GameTrailers: Best Graphics, Best PS3 Game
    GamePro: Best Overall Game of the Year
    IGN: Best Xbox 360 Game, Best Shooter of 2007
    GameSpy: Best PS3 Game, Best Xbox 360 Game, Best PC Game, Game of the Year
    X-Play: Best Shooter, Best Sound Design
    Spike Video Game Awards: Best Shooter, Best Military Game
    Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences: Action Game of the Year, Console Game of the Year, Overall Game of the Year
  35. Apr 29, 2011
    I *really* enjoyed this. A cracking game, full of varied missions, excitement, not too linear (though fairly), and a ripping yarn. And what's more, each mission contained replayability: a LOT of thought had obviously gone into each mission bloc such that many of them are really enjoyable the tenth and twentieth time. I think what appeals most is that the missions are quite varied, theI *really* enjoyed this. A cracking game, full of varied missions, excitement, not too linear (though fairly), and a ripping yarn. And what's more, each mission contained replayability: a LOT of thought had obviously gone into each mission bloc such that many of them are really enjoyable the tenth and twentieth time. I think what appeals most is that the missions are quite varied, the graphics good quality without being too GPU draining, and the AI is fairly good. I think this is about the best linear, shoot-'em-up FPS I've played in many years. Expand
  36. Apr 25, 2011
    I was absolutely awe-inspired by this game. I simply cant recommend it enough. I would have payed 60 for the single-player alone, but the multi-player was outstanding as well.
  37. Apr 19, 2011
    Playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is experiencing a great film. And great films - like great some games - never appear linear; their finite stories belie the seemingly expansive possibilities of their genre. The reality is, of course, that the action of an FPS offers only a limited number of scenarios. However, done well, these scenarios offer both the serious and the casual gamerPlaying Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is experiencing a great film. And great films - like great some games - never appear linear; their finite stories belie the seemingly expansive possibilities of their genre. The reality is, of course, that the action of an FPS offers only a limited number of scenarios. However, done well, these scenarios offer both the serious and the casual gamer well-crafted slices of unreal action. Not least because the army down-plays the getting-shot-aspect of real life. http://teachergamer.blogspot.com/2011/04/call-of-duty-modern-warfare.html Expand
  38. Apr 17, 2011
    this rocks i love how it has the slow mo moments and cheats the story is sharp and involing and when a emeny tank epoldes you feel a sence of pride best shooter to date besides cod mw2 and half life 2
  39. Apr 15, 2011
    This is a great game I never get Tired of playing it. I also enjoy the single player mode it seems the people putting out games now are trying to take that single player mode away. We as gamers should not let that happen. Call of Duty 4 gets a solid 10.0 for being a good multiplayer and SINGLE PLAYER game. Keep talking about the single player mode people if you don't it will be gone and noThis is a great game I never get Tired of playing it. I also enjoy the single player mode it seems the people putting out games now are trying to take that single player mode away. We as gamers should not let that happen. Call of Duty 4 gets a solid 10.0 for being a good multiplayer and SINGLE PLAYER game. Keep talking about the single player mode people if you don't it will be gone and no good gamer worth there salt wants that to happen. I know I am old school I miss those arcades from back in the day. Good fun and friends then! Expand
  40. Mar 31, 2011
    A very enjoyable game offline and online. With fully controllable dedicated servers.

Well balanced, but in great need of larger maps. Thank for user-created ones. Watch out for those mods too (Galactic Warfare to mention one...). Four years since release and it still beats it's successors. All of them! Best CoD game ever!
  41. Mar 26, 2011
    A great, fast-paced FPS with a great story line. It is very short when it comes to the single player compaign, but it makes up with the quality of the story.
  42. Mar 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the first real FPS i ever tried, and it was amazing! Truly amazing. The only problem, is that some of the guns (P90 for instance) is really overpowered. It is also easy to go with undetected hacks there. Expand
  43. Mar 25, 2011
    Gameplay - 9.5 , Graphics - 9.5 (consider the release time 2007) , Story - 8.5 , Playing time - 50+hours. A excellent game back in 2007. The top-notch multiplayer experience will keep you occupied for a long time.
  44. Feb 17, 2011
    I am sorry if I double-posted this, but the ones who gave it 5(s) and below haven't played against the real deal and in the real play.
    Yes, the normal MultiPlayer is full of noobs and campers, BUT we have "Promod".
    - You want balance? Promod doesn't count EXP and ranks. - You say hip-spraying? You're dead before you actually kill someone if you don't use your sights even in middle-range
    Yes, the normal MultiPlayer is full of noobs and campers, BUT we have "Promod".

- You want balance?
    Promod doesn't count EXP and ranks.
    - You say hip-spraying?
    You're dead before you actually kill someone if you don't use your sights even in middle-range situation.
    - You say run and gun without tactics?
    You're gonna get ambushed by pro-campers.
    - You say the X appears even when you hit someone through the wall?
    Promod gets rid of that. No wallbanging noobs anymore.

In normal gameplay, and this is the most subject that people debated:
    - You say that it's unbalanced for Rank-1 to fight against Rank-55?
    The starting weapon (M16, MP5, M249, M40A3) is so great and damaging that some Rank-55 players prefer to use them rather than those fancy M60, Barrett 50 cal and P90. All the Rank-1 perks are also always implemented on at least one of the class; they're the basic foundation of pure ownage (damage, accuracy and extra bullet penetration). Extra ammos? Tch, it's not like you (or the rounds) are going to survive that long.
  45. Feb 9, 2011
    Balance. Pure Balance. on top of the intensely realistic campaign and creative plot, sits the fantastic multiplayer. This game, unlike MANY others, can call its self a balanced game. although this franchise has had many attempts to recreate the cod4 experience, this game will just never be beat. I want to be buried in my grave with this game in my arms.
  46. Jan 18, 2011
    a great game, but it's soo short..although it gave me 2 days of great gaming this could be an amazing game if it wasn't so short. also, the graphic is amazing and realistic and gives you the feeling like you're there. this is one of the best games i've ever played.
  47. Jan 10, 2011
    The game's single player is okay. Ordinary and uninspired, it left me bored half-way through missions. The graphics are fairly good (I'm not picky in that respect), but otherwise it was rather disappointing in terms of gameplay. It also felt too dramatic, but I've never liked cheesy action movies personally.

The multiplayer is bland and uninspired as well, but it dares to include an

The multiplayer is bland and uninspired as well, but it dares to include an idiotic RPG item unlock system as well, ruining any chance of the game being played competitively by new players. Only in graphics does it improve upon the experience furnished by Quakeworld (my multiplayer "benchmark" game), though that's easily counteracted by the unfortunate experience>skill system and a weapon set too focused on low-skill high-damage hitscan weapons, making the game much too campy for my tastes.

3 points for a mediocre single player campaign; 0 for a dysfunctional grind-based instagib multiplayer experience (which has drawn the gaming industry AWAY from the "right direction"); 1 for spawning a WWII-set clone/sequel with a decent zombie-killing mode in it.
  48. Jan 3, 2011
    This is probably the most fun game I had played in 2010, I didnt really like it that much because I played a dodgy copy at a LAN Party. I was inspired by Mazarini's Play With Soul video to get this game so I bought it at the Steam christmas sale. Single player is pretty good, Multiplayer is addicting. Modern Warfare 2 was basically a re-skin of this game. You need to get this game.
  49. Dec 9, 2010
    Great game, a classic of the call of duty, still is a run N gun though, better than anything that this franchise has came out after this, I would highly recommended this for those who dont like to be strategic. The 2 new call of duty games, warfare 2, and black ops are rip offs. Dont buy them, it is a support of corporate EVIL! This is a classic, fun respectable game. The campaign was kindGreat game, a classic of the call of duty, still is a run N gun though, better than anything that this franchise has came out after this, I would highly recommended this for those who dont like to be strategic. The 2 new call of duty games, warfare 2, and black ops are rip offs. Dont buy them, it is a support of corporate EVIL! This is a classic, fun respectable game. The campaign was kind of short and multilayer complete crap... But the COD series was never about multilayer. You will not regret buying this game, even though I reccomend HL2 over it. Expand
  50. Dec 8, 2010
    This game was not only a revolution within the Call of Duty franchise; it was a revolution in the gaming industry in general. Amazing game-play, state-of-the-art graphics and an immersive and well thought out storyline all contributed to the success of this game. The fact that this was one of the best selling games of its time is testament to how great the game was.
  51. Nov 12, 2010
    The Call of Duty series has always been renowned for its immersive campaigns, innovative multiplayer options, and overall high level of quality. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is the first game in the CoD line to step outside of the World War II venue but it takes all its predecessors positive traits with it and manages to set a new standard for the series.

The single player campaign in

The single player campaign in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare delivers a heart pounding glimpse of how modern black ops missions are conducted. The action switches between British and US soldiers as they hunt for the leaders of a Middle Eastern terrorist group. All of the now standard FPS controls are present allowing the player to lean around corners to provide covering fire or to go prone to use tall grass to avoid detection. As expected the array of weapons available to help the player accomplish the missions is as diverse as it is impressive.

Most importantly the campaign mode in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has the player working as a part of a team. Typical FPS â
  52. Nov 10, 2010
    This game is **** awesome. the campaign is action packed and intense, the specops mode is wicked sick, and the multiplayer mode is one of the best i've played. i cant wait for modern warfare 3.
  53. Oct 12, 2010
    This is one of the best PC shooters ever. The single player was epic to the point that it still hasn't been matched since and the multiplayer was so diverse that there are still packed servers today. It has not yet been beaten in quality for a mutliplayer FPS game. I wouldn't give it best of all time, but best at it's time and still competes with the latest shooters in my opinion.This is one of the best PC shooters ever. The single player was epic to the point that it still hasn't been matched since and the multiplayer was so diverse that there are still packed servers today. It has not yet been beaten in quality for a mutliplayer FPS game. I wouldn't give it best of all time, but best at it's time and still competes with the latest shooters in my opinion.

This game's mod tools allow the comunity to keep making new maps for it that keep it fresh and fun to play while the gameplay that it packs is so comfortable and fast-paced OR tactical (it's versatile enough to be fantastic at both), that you can just go back and wonder what new dev's or even the same dev (see the travisty of MW2) were thinking. there are only 3 kill-streak rewarrds, which is PLENTY, and they don't get too much in the way of actually playing the game. hackers aren't much of a problem because i fyou come across one, an admin of a SERVER will just kick or PB-ban the hacker. dedi's for the win, and cod4 for the win. If you havn't played this game, you should. there will never be another Call of Duty this good, and there may never be another FPS that beats it in its re-play factor, versatility, stock-maps, or general gameplay.
  54. Oct 4, 2010
    SINGLE PLAYER Fair enough this game has a short-ish story line (but a fantastic one at that) Theres plenty of action and chances to really relate to the characters and get involved in the goings on! Graphics wise its fantastic and smooth on most gaming rigs.

Multi-player Ok here it goes...... BRILLIENT, a lot of people complain about hackers and cheats...... these are only a problem in

Multi-player

Ok here it goes...... BRILLIENT, a lot of people complain about hackers and cheats...... these are only a problem in certain servers and are normally kicked before much more happens. once you get familiar with the game why not join a team? (Clan) you dont need to be freakishly involved screaming "PLANT THE BOMM!" and "GET DOWN!" its just a place where you know you are playing fair and make friends!

I have been playing COD 4 for 3 years now and a year of that has been with a clan called |D2| or Damned defiants (google for our web site) and its full of friendly guys and a few girls from all over the world who have a laugh and loads of fun playing.....

QUESTION TIME

Q: doesnt the same game get boring
    A: like any thing, it can but y ou just let your clan know you'll be a way for a few weeks and you'll see them when your back.

Q: dont the Maps get boring
    A: No! you have the stock maps (which are good) although there are thousands of custom ones made by the public that are not only great but beat the stock ones on the "Fun factor" there are HUGE sniper maps and small run and gun ones. There are maps from the latest modern warfare 2 converted for use with cod4! Q: what if im not really that happy with the feel of the game?
    A: MODS! there are not only thousands of maps but there are just as many MODS!

Q: what are MODs? A: Modifications.... to the game! There are loads! theres a starwars one where you run around on the starwars planet and fire laser guns and use star wars weapons! even down to the character skins! you can be on the darkside and fight as a storm trooper if you want!!!! there are weapon mods and gameplay mods making it the most versitile shooter availible! with our current mod you dont need to rank up to get your guns! you can use whatever you like! just choose!

By far the best value for money £30 for 3 years of gaming so far for me...... its now about £15 PICK UP A COPY!!!!! once you start and get good you'll never want to stop! so much fun!

Get into cod 4 (not modern warfare 2 as you cannot mod or do custom anything to the game due to it being controlled by steam.)

Thanks for reading and GG all.
  55. Oct 3, 2010
    HEll its a shooter.A good shooter.But just a shooter.And what the heck do you want from a shooter to sell pizza in it?Lol i cant understand you people if its a shooter then JUST SHOOT YOURE WAY TO THE END OF THE LEVEL.and wait it gets worse.It is objective based not free world like stalker.ITS a very good shooter with nice story very good graphics and non-stop action.A real deal.i cantHEll its a shooter.A good shooter.But just a shooter.And what the heck do you want from a shooter to sell pizza in it?Lol i cant understand you people if its a shooter then JUST SHOOT YOURE WAY TO THE END OF THE LEVEL.and wait it gets worse.It is objective based not free world like stalker.ITS a very good shooter with nice story very good graphics and non-stop action.A real deal.i cant rate it less then 1o cuz its to good. Expand
  56. Aug 21, 2010
    This has got to be one of the favourite games, and definitely is my favourite FPS (or Halo 3). The graphics were great (and still are good), and it's very well optimized so it runs on most computers. Firstly; the singleplayer is quite short, but very, very sweet. The voice acting and fluidity of the game makes it very immersive. There are many epic parts, and some very epic missions. AndThis has got to be one of the favourite games, and definitely is my favourite FPS (or Halo 3). The graphics were great (and still are good), and it's very well optimized so it runs on most computers. Firstly; the singleplayer is quite short, but very, very sweet. The voice acting and fluidity of the game makes it very immersive. There are many epic parts, and some very epic missions. And now onto the multiplayer; the dedicated servers make it lag free, which is one of the most vital things in multiplayer. The drip feed method of leveling up and unlocking guns as you progress is done at the right pace. Customization of the guns make everyone's play style possible, and it also keeps you wanting to play to unlock more things for each gun. This is the first game I have seen with perks, and it works wonderfully. Everyone has a unique character, you can be a stealthy sniper, fast shot-gunner, etc... It keeps it fresh and unique. The weapons are fun to use realistic, and are balanced too. Overall, this has got to be one of the greatest games. Buy it! Expand

1. A beautifully crafted first-person shooter, but without a compelling context. How much does that matter? To me, a little. Not a lot, but it nags. [Dec 2007, p.73]
    Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.
  3. It’s absolutely relentless in its assault on the senses and never lets up until the last trigger has been squeezed. The multiplayer is even better, with the perks and weapon upgrades acting as a balance to the lack of vehicles.