8.4

1. Apr 6, 2014
    one of the biggest most exciting game i have ever played . Call of duty series is the fun games i have ever played . there so much better and a lot fun . Grade A+
  2. Mar 7, 2012
    This is still--by far--my favorite Call of Duty game. The single player campaign left me completely stunned in amazement because no game had ever captured the intensity to the point where I really felt like a soldier on the battlefield. The release of COD4 was perfectly timed in sync with the end of the over-played WWII themed FPS games. COD4 pulled everyone in because it was something new, fresh, and exciting--it was the right game at the right time.

Multiplayer is phenomenalâ
  3. Oct 8, 2013
    con grandes realismos es juego es lo mejor en la epoca de la guerra para el 2007 este juego esta mejor hecho que todos los demas espero ver mas despues
  4. Oct 17, 2014
    Igra nove najmodernije generacije, preokret napravljen što se priče tiče, a grafika je pravo osvježenje, igra bez mane................................
  5. May 30, 2014
    The gunplay in this game is solid. The missions are interesting, but the plot and characters are boring. Not the greatest of games but it's a fun game that fans of FPS games will enjoy.
  6. Aug 8, 2012
    I already reviewed the Xbox360 version giving it a 10, however in that case I have only played the multiplayer on PC, since there is no 'Find match' option, you are forced to look for servers, many of which aren't what you want to play, and are too many players in the lobby for it to be as exciting as the Xbox version, that and the fact that I have found some hackers, and the connection, even though it is all dedicated servers, is still flimsy. Expand
  7. Dec 18, 2012
    This is the malefic game that has started the most sold out genre of games. This is the game that has started two sagas, one of the worst sagas ever made, called Modern Warfare and Black Ops. If CoD 4 didn't exist, these 2 sagas didn't. Bad gameplay, bad multiplayer, bad-medium graphics, semi-good plot and OK sound. I can't say that graphics are bad/very bad because they're only on the other games like CoD MW2, MW3, BO, BO2, etc. Anyway, they're not so good, because this was out on 2007, and on this year Crysis was already out, which has much better graphics. Actually, I don't care about graphics, but, since I'm reviewing a game, I have to rate them. The gameplay is very slow and boring, and it isn't competitive. The multiplayer is closed (I mean that you can't make your own scripts, maps, gametypes, etc., like on Quake 3), and there's not SDK, etc. (OF COURSE!). The singleplayer lasts just a bit. You can complete it in 4 hours. Semi-good plot, because it can be good, but it's not deep. 3.75, for me. Expand
  8. Aug 6, 2012
    I can only speak to the SP side of things, but in this respect the game shines. The campaign is not particularly long, but it does a good job of pacing itself--not like its sequels which blow their wad right away. The story is not particularly original, but it ties the missions together nicely and even makes you care about the characters. By the end--which I won't spoil--you feel very invested in what's going on, and the adrenaline is pumping. To increase replay value there's an "arcade mode" which lets you score points as you replay the missions, a neat little feature that I wish had been implemented in future installments. Expand
  9. Jul 11, 2014
    next to halo 3, the best mp game ever. after that all cod´s were ****
  10. Feb 27, 2012
    For it's respective slot in history. This game was still fresh. It modernized the aging world war 2 template with 'just' enough storytelling and presentation upgrades to make the air feel fresh again for a breath or two. It's still not all that memorable, and supremely short. Get it for the multiplayer. Which is hopefully still active.
  11. Oct 9, 2011
    The last TRUE COD game, the series ever since has been dead to me, full of hackers online with zero skill needed other than twitch speed bunny hopping to dodge bullets.
  12. Jan 3, 2011
    This is probably the most fun game I had played in 2010, I didnt really like it that much because I played a dodgy copy at a LAN Party. I was inspired by Mazarini's Play With Soul video to get this game so I bought it at the Steam christmas sale. Single player is pretty good, Multiplayer is addicting. Modern Warfare 2 was basically a re-skin of this game. You need to get this game.
  13. Dec 27, 2011
    Perhaps the best Call of Duty game ever made: epic story, very good gameplay, good graphics, great mods including the usage of AI bots in skirmish games and of course the good custom maps. This game is truly the answer to a weak Counterstrike game as well as a good Medal of Honor game when it comes to more of modern warfare tactics.
  14. Mar 12, 2014
    That's one of my favorite games. An epic story that should impress every player. The events and the characters are well chosen. And the gameplay is unprecedented. The multiplayer is an amazing fun. A masterpiece. That's good entertainment.
  15. Oct 3, 2010
    HEll its a shooter.A good shooter.But just a shooter.And what the heck do you want from a shooter to sell pizza in it?Lol i cant understand you people if its a shooter then JUST SHOOT YOURE WAY TO THE END OF THE LEVEL.and wait it gets worse.It is objective based not free world like stalker.ITS a very good shooter with nice story very good graphics and non-stop action.A real deal.i cant rate it less then 1o cuz its to good. Expand
  16. Oct 18, 2011
    COD 4 is without a doubt one of the (if not 'the') single best game I have ever played. Due to issues with the MP, I can't comment on it, but the Single Player mode is utterly mezmorising. Boasting impressive graphics and one heck of a compelling narrative coupled with its replayability; no-one can deny the quality of the campaign.
  17. Jul 6, 2013
    It is the exact same as the 360 game so you know it will be amazing but the graphics are better and you can run it at 333 FPS. the community is massive still you get the variety map pack for free and the mods are great and the controls are actually sleek for a PC game
  18. Nov 14, 2011
    Still one of the best games in the series. I would gladly pay for new DLC for this game. I think that Activision is missing out. It would be great to have a few patches to add new game modes or maps. Much better than the garbage that has followed. I have MW2, Black OPs, and MW3 in the modern shooter and still find myself back to COD4. What a shame that a company that was able to set the bar so high with this title, can't seem to reach their own mark now. Expand
  19. Dec 25, 2013
    There is only one word to say about this game: AWESOME. Infinity Ward did succeeded in getting rid of the old-fashion WWII-based script to create a whole new imaginary yet quite realistic world of wars and chaos, which impressed me completely. This is, for sure, the best game of the year
  20. Jan 18, 2011
    a great game, but it's soo short..although it gave me 2 days of great gaming this could be an amazing game if it wasn't so short. also, the graphic is amazing and realistic and gives you the feeling like you're there. this is one of the best games i've ever played.
  21. Jun 26, 2014
    Honestly I couldn't even pick this one out of the billion entries of this series if they were in a line-up, and I only played 2 of the series. Smooth controls.... it's a shooter with a bunch of pricks playing online and some kind of ridiculous story for the 40 minute, linear campaign. I guess it was fun enough.
  22. Aug 13, 2012
    Call of Duty 4 is the best COD game. It haves a great multiplayer and a fantastic single player. Believe me, you will be playing this game for years. The story mode is short, but this game may have the best story mode for shooters. Is a must have for all gamers.And, almost forgot, the multi player is the best reason to buy this game. 96 out of 100
  23. Sep 22, 2011
    This game actually blows ass. I tried it on the hardest difficulty setting and it wasn't bad, until I got to the TV station. WTF? Infinite respawning enemies, who spam grenades at you every 3 seconds. Why should I try and play it realistically when you give me no cover system and infinite enemies magically coming out of a door. The enemies just stream out of that door and never stop coming. I can sit back and snipe them and snipe them and kill again and again and they'll never lessen. Apparently, this TV station is inhabited by the world's population, and they've all turned to a life of terrorism apparently. There's no sense to this scenario. Why are terrorists infinite? Remember back to the good old Rainbow Six days, when a mission would have 6 or 7 tangos, max? The difficulty was in saving the hostage or killing them all without incurring a single casualty on your team. That was what was rewarding, not this nonsense of slaughtering hoards of faceless drones spawning out of a closet. **** you Infinity Ward and the half-track you rode in on. I changed it to normal difficulty and now I can play it without getting the urge to punch my monitor.

And for a game that's supposed to be about modern warfare, there's no rate of fire selector or any ability to customize your weapon accessories. Crysis had those, and that's a game with ****ing giant robot squids. Why wouldn't you allow us to change our rate of fire? Assault rifles and submachine guns all have this feature, and you're trying to portray many of these weapons in the game. Sometimes a situation might call for semi auto mode, like sniping at long range, while another might require full auto mode. Giving players choices is a good thing, it's not something to be afraid of. But no, Infinity Ward doesn't believe in giving the player any power. That's why every door has to be opened by an AI companion, instead of by the player. Remember the good ol days of Wolfenstein 3D and Doom, when you could actually open doors yourself? COD4 also introduces new weapon accessories, like red dot and ACOG sights, as well as laser sights and silencers. The only problem is... you can't select which accessories to equip on your weapon. The game just sticks you with whatever random assortment it wants. You have no say in how your personal firearm will be customized. Customization of weapons is not difficult to implement in video games these days. Rainbow Six has done it on multiple iterations, as has Crysis. Customizing your gun generates a feeling of empowerment and individualization, and I simply don't understand why the developer felt that they should keep that away from the player. It's a baffling misstep and a shame, particularly because the weapon accessories themselves are quite well-designed and realized. The red dot sight looks great and feels authentic. The campaign is one tightly scripted sequence after another. While this allows for intense and dramatic moments like watching a helicopter crash and barely avoid killing Captain McMillan, it also leads to severely limited replayability. You know exactly what's going to happen every time because it's all scripted to happen at a certain time and place. So really, there's no reason to go back and replay the experience, as it'll be the same as the first time. While I enjoyed scripted events when they first arrived on the FPS in the form of Half-Life... it's gotten incredibly old. Half-Life came out in 1998. Then we had Medal of Honor Allied Assault, which was made by the team that later formed IW. I thought MoHAA was a great WW2 experience. Then they made Call of Duty, which was also a great scripted game. Then Call of Duty 2, which was more of the same. I figured CoD2 was where it probably needed to end, they'd done all they could. But now they're back, and once again we're treated to linear scripted missions. I've simply had enough. It's time to play in more dynamic combat environments, with more freedom and tactical options and intelligence. The campaign is also amazingly short, clocking in at around 7 to 8 hours. So yea, I'm not sure why everyone called it the best game ever. The presentation looks nice at first, but there's a lot that's retarded, and you'd think they'd have fixed their **** since this is the FOURTH game in the series.
  24. Jan 31, 2012
    Every other CoD game is more profitable than the previous one but this title is my favourite part. Additionally, it wasn't until Modern Warfare that I sunk into the multiplayer so hard :) Rewarding system in Black Ops wasn't so well thought and it lacked such impact that this game had. Easy to use and understand and to jump in to, REALLY hard to master.

Graphics 9.2/10
    Audio 8.9/10
    Gameplay 10/10
  25. Oct 31, 2011
    Call of Duty 4 is not a good game. The best parts about the game are the sounds (pretty good); however, the rest of this game is painfully average. Half-Life 2 which was released 2 or 3 years before this has similar graphics and much better level design and story. Another good point is that the game is length being short so I do not have to force my self to continue its repetitive gameplay. The bad parts of the game? well, first the game is completely uninvolving or say not interactive and mostly because of its linear story and average level design. This game consists many levels in which you have to shoot tons of enemies. This makes game extremely repetitive. Also there are no interesting characters in this game and most time it just direct the player to a certain way with no intriguing or complex levels. Yet the game really does not have any story whatsoever. The online part is okay, although generally I do not like this kind of mindless shooter. Expand
  26. Dec 21, 2011
    An excellent FPS, which definitely set the shooter standard when it was released. Sneaking around in Hardcore domination mode, without the annoying predator missiles and attack dogs added in later COD titles, this game is great - and it also has the best singleplayer campaign in any call of duty game. Too bad that later iterations of the series has not kept up to its legacy.
  27. Nov 14, 2013
    Best of the series. Great graphics, good map layouts, decent arsenal and fun fast paced action. Satisfiying Multiplayer experience. Even for today you can always come back to it and play. Golden times before IW turned into an money hoe.
  28. Nov 9, 2013
    This game revolutionized the series. Great graphics, simple jump in and play gameplay and mainly loads and loads of fun. The singleplayer, although short, was loads of fun as well. I must have spent a couple hundred hours on this game's multiplayer. Definitely the best in the series, too bad they turned it into a corporate cash cow after this game and didn't just leave it at that
  29. Jul 26, 2014
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. I know what you are thinking: haven't I given this game a terrible review before? Well, to tell you the truth, the real reasons why I didn't like this game at first are that for one thing, so many people hate this series' most recent installments. Along with that, I just couldn't get over how the Search and Destroy multiplayer mode was just a carbon copy of Counter-Strike. However, I then played the original Call of Duty (back when the game was WWII based rather than a fictional modern war), and I really enjoyed it. I then wondered: should I give this game another try? So, did I enjoy this game more the second time around, or do I still want to attack the people that created this game? Let's find out. This game plays a lot like any other first-person shooter. You have multiple weapons, there are plenty of enemies to fight, and pretty much everything else that makes a shooter what it is. The difference between this game and the others is that this game is much more cinematic. Because this game takes place in a modern war, you will often be fighting with squad members, explosions and firefights going on in the background, and many more enemies to fight than in a normal shooter. This game also succeeds where I have seen many other shooters fail: when I play this game, I actually feel like I'm in the middle of a war. While there have been shooters that prove that war is not necessary to make a good shooter, (Half-Life 1, BioShock, Doom, Borderlands), Call of Duty 4 really shines in how it makes you feel like you're in the middle of a war. I originally harshly criticized this game's AI. However, looking back at it, the AI really isn't that bad. At the very least, it does get the job done of making you feel like you're in a war. The game may also be very easy, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun. It is also redundant, but it is redundant in a way that is fresh and enjoyable. As for the lack of skill, as it turns out, I was also wrong here. It does actually require some skill to kill enemies. In the end, the single player campaign is actually pretty good, and I don't know why I didn't enjoy it at first. As for the multiplayer, I actually enjoyed it a lot more the second time around when I played it. Yes, its modes are taken from other shooters, however, it feels far more fresh and new here. In Unreal Tournament team deathmatch, your team is mostly spread out, and you fight through corridors. Here, you all start out in the same spot, and you fight in much more open areas. The same goes for normal deathmatch and domination. As for Search and Destroy, while it does rip-off Counter-Strike, it also makes more of a use of the open maps. It also has two unique modes called Headquarters and Sabotage that are really fun to play. Also, I criticized the kill streaks in my first review, but I now realize that the kill streaks actually make the game far more unique, and not just "Unreal Tournament in Modern Warfare". The gameplay of this game is actually pretty enjoyable, and I have no idea why I criticized it at first. As for the graphics, while they do look somewhat dated even by 2007, they certainly don't look muddy. They actually look really good. The environments are actually very well detailed, and pretty to look at. The soldiers look good too. It may not look as good as Crysis or BioShock, both of which were released on the same year, but it still looks quite good nonetheless. As for the story, I originally thought it was terrible because it was too easy to understand and explain. However, I now realize that I was wrong about this. It is actually good because it is easy to understand and explain. Basically the British and the U.S. Army have to go across the world to Russia and the Middle East in order to stop terrible men from taking over the world. The game may have a huge lack of character development, but I feel like it's not really needed here. In fact, the game is good enough with out that. The story may not be as good as the gameplay and graphics, but it is compelling enough to be interested in. Overall, this game is nowhere near is bad as I initially said it was. I was letting the haters of this franchise cloud my judgement. It really is a pretty solid game. I would recommend it to pretty much anyone who is a shooter fanboy. It is not the best shooter ever made or anything. However, it is safe to say I will not criticize this franchise anymore. To all of you Call of Duty players out there who want to play the game, go right ahead. I will not even try to stop you.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 9/10
    Story: 8/10
    Overall: 9/10
  30. Jul 5, 2011
    This is my one of my favorite Modern Warfare games it has a good story great mechanics new guns though multiplayer is kind of a toss up its real fun and competitive and then there's hackers server transfers and tubers i don't mind campers the make the game more interesting/easier all in all good game and multiplayer could have been great but turned out to be a nightmare.
  31. Jul 27, 2013
    Ok, this game is just the worst excuse of an FPS. Bad graphics, small maps, no weapons, hackers, glitches, bugs, After all, this game is not good. This game got a high score because all the CoD fanboys thought that this was the best CoD, let me tell you one thing: It's NOT. There are much better FPS's with much lower scores that deserve a higher rating. Activision paid reviews good, I see. Just a terrible game, from Single Player to MP. Expand
  32. Mar 26, 2011
    A great, fast-paced FPS with a great story line. It is very short when it comes to the single player compaign, but it makes up with the quality of the story.
  33. Dec 9, 2010
    Great game, a classic of the call of duty, still is a run N gun though, better than anything that this franchise has came out after this, I would highly recommended this for those who dont like to be strategic. The 2 new call of duty games, warfare 2, and black ops are rip offs. Dont buy them, it is a support of corporate EVIL! This is a classic, fun respectable game. The campaign was kind of short and multilayer complete crap... But the COD series was never about multilayer. You will not regret buying this game, even though I reccomend HL2 over it. Expand
  34. Mar 8, 2013
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is revolutionary. It completely changed the Call of Duty series, completely overhauling the graphics design of Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2. This game offered an incredible campaign with challenging levels and awesome graphics. This game also offered an incredible multiplayer experience which debuted one of the most popular multiplayer modes in video game history. Check this game out. It isn't the best in the Call of Duty series (Call of Duty 2 is), but it offers one heck of a game. Expand
  35. Jan 31, 2014
    In an ideal world, the masses would still be playing this game, as it is essentially identical to MW:Ghosts. Unfortunately people are stupid and they purchase re-hashed versions of COD4 over and over again so the player population is all over the place.

Seriously, this game defined the shooter genre we know today. No need to buy "new" shooters.
  36. Nov 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers. Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare is the first COD game I ever owned. This is the only COD game i think is better then Battlefield. -Battlefield 4 But the reason it is so good is becuase you can connect to the characters in the campaign and also the modding community is amazing! It's so good they have such good mods eg. Star Wars mod and Prop hunt. The gameplay is spectacular and all the guns feel real. There were a few jumpy bits. Like in one of the missions dogs jump you. You can hear them but you can't see them. My favoraite mission is War Pig. I love seeing the AI being slaughtered in that mission.
    I recommend this game till the day I die. I will never forget this game!
  37. Jul 22, 2014
    In my opinion the best call of duty in the series. The story is good the multiplayer is good and people are still playing it. I highly recommend getting it at full price and definitely on a sale.
  38. Jul 17, 2011
    Singleplayer was good, I enjoyed that but wasn't that shocked by what I was seeing. Multiplayer is also good, very Addictive and while some are poor there are some great Maps. A decent FPS but I have seen better before
  39. Dec 5, 2011
    Unfortunately, the last good Call of Duty was also the first good Call of Duty. The singleplayer is an action-packed ride but the multiplayer isn't what its really cut out to be. Sure, its addictive, but it gets boring really fast. However, it is highly recommended.
  40. Feb 8, 2014
    The only good Modern Warfare game. It has a great campaign mode and it's more original than the others. And it has the greatest Multiplayer without a doubt. There is nothing really original and useful innovation after this game. C'mon Activision!!
  41. Sep 13, 2011
    Greatest FPS of all time. Campaign is utterly amazing and that's just the beginning. Multiplayer... I have no words for how incredible it is. If you don't own this game, you should, like right now.
  42. Mar 31, 2011
    A very enjoyable game offline and online. With fully controllable dedicated servers.

Well balanced, but in great need of larger maps. Thank for user-created ones. Watch out for those mods too (Galactic Warfare to mention one...). Four years since release and it still beats it's successors. All of them! Best CoD game ever!
  43. Oct 23, 2013
    This game, at this time, is not the current best MP, in my opinion. But when this game came out... It set the bar for MP in FPS's. By far being the most polished at it's time, COD 4 was the highest point in the Call of Duty series. This game is THE game that people base generic FPS's off of, to this day. And to that... I can't praise it enough since FPS is my favorite genre. HIGHLY recommend for anyone who likes a great shooter. Expand
  44. Nov 9, 2011
    User Interface 10/10
    Sounds 8/10
    Music 7/10
  45. May 21, 2013
    Wow, I feel like I entered in a terrorist territory in the Coup level, and this is the best Call of Duty.

The SP has a very nice story and I like the MP Search & Destroy mode.

Best CoD game!
  46. Jul 13, 2012
    I can say one thing this is the best multiplayer cod ( black ops gets zombies :) ) but ok why 9 campaign was good but basic also graphics where ok my radeon 6850 in my alienware laptop was running at -2 degrees
    but yes multiplayer is da best lan like crysis wars amazing not op weapons and a place in my heart great game for 20$ get a copy i mean its not like mw3
  47. May 28, 2013
    The last good Call of Duty. The Campaign is good, if a little short. The multiplayer is fantastic, just a shame about the fanboys. And the graphics are good quality and nice to look at. It's all downhill from here.
  48. Jul 30, 2012
    I havent play it online yet but i got best FPS experience with single player. Great game didnt bored even for second. Too bad there's no good call of dutys after MW:1...
  49. Aug 31, 2013
    This is a brilliant game and it very enjoyable. Finally the setting has changed so no more WW2 but the beginning of WW3. The characters are also great and overall it is a thrilling experience.
  50. Feb 22, 2012
    Unlike its sequels this one is actually good, in the sense its not really realistic, but that's why they said just "Photo-realistic", not real life realistic...... the story i liked and it wasn't completely repetitive, and the maps were just fun to play, still i prefer Counter strike, and those games.....
    story-8, fun-7, upgrading, nothin just dlc's or extra maps they release for 15$, i
    hate DLC's just a way to get more money, creativity- isnt really their Expand
  51. Jun 15, 2014
    Graphics,mechanics,maneuver,sound,etc,all of it are just marvelous. The work of FPS most imitated by most other FPS,too exaggerated? Modern Warfare 1&2 are both good. 图像,游戏机制,操控,音效以及等等,所有部分都令人惊叹。 第一人称射击游戏中被最多其他第一人称射击游戏模仿最多的,是不是太夸张了? 现代战争1和2两代都是好作品。
  52. Aug 8, 2011
    My absolute all time favorite FPS. This is the game that brought me back to FPS's after I stopped playing Battlefield 1942. It was the first game that I bought when I built my first computer that I owned outright, and is still the game I play most. The single player is enjoyable enough, though definitely not the main calling of this game. The multiplayer is fantastic, and dew to the use of dedicated servers, you can find all sorts of play styles from the typical run and gun to the more realistic "tactical realism crouch" styles. I am, and forever will be, in love with this game. Expand
  53. Nov 16, 2013
    The game that defined a whole generation of First-Person Shooters.

The fourth major installment and arguably the best Call of Duty game ever, this is Modern Warfare. The series takes it's departure from their typical World War II games and strolls into modern-day war in the most epic and cinematic way. While playing the game, you actually feel like you're in the action and your NPC
    brothers in arms have feeling and seems really humane, from the graphics to the sound. Multiplayer also takes a big step up, but the focus on the game seems more weighted toward the online modes than other aspects. Playing with your buds have never been so fun. This my friends is a winner, but I'm unsure if the series or military shooters in general is taking a turn for the best or worse because of this game.... Expand
  54. Apr 14, 2013
    Bueno, la verdad es que este juego disfrute mucho la campaña single player, pero en serio? 92? creo que exageraron, no hay mucha variedad de armas, las pantallas son muy poco originales, y el voice acting te duerme. Este juego esta muy bueno pero no creo que meresca ni mas de 85, 7 esta bien para este juego, la verdad este no se porque esta muy over rated...pero se los recomiendo, lo unicoque la verdad odie de este el alto nivel de linealidad de este juego, la muy, pero muy, extremadamente muy poca libertad que posees en este juego. Si les gusta los juegos de guerra, FPS pero en la actualidad, este juego es para ustedes! Expand
  55. Nov 8, 2011
    The original Modern Warfare. This game changed my life forever. It's the best shooter game of all time. these days i decided to put my score because the deception of Call of Duty Modern Warefare 3. The reason is simply. Infinityward was created this game on 2007. Now Infinity Ward is death. THE PEOPLE CREATED THIS GAME IS NOW ::::> RESPAWN ENTERTAINMENT.
  56. Mar 12, 2012
    this is the best of the cod series for sure.this game is the reason why cod series is still on top.its very different from its predecessors.single player was excellent but short at the same time but multiplayer was amazing.
  57. May 27, 2012
    This game sucks compared to all the other CoD's. I don't understand why people call this game the greatest Call of Duty ever. It's not! The campaign sucks and the multiplayer is boring with little killstreaks and perks. Not to mention the thosuands of hackers that infest the game.
    Not worth the money, get MW2 or Black Ops instead.
  58. Jul 30, 2012
    This game well deserved all the Hype about it, and was pretty much responsible for throwing one of the best FPS of all time from its Throne ( CounterStrike ). It wasnt the game that killed CS, but was a well worth replacement.

Sadly its sequels very really bad in comparison, not only did they ban dedicated server for PC, it was also too futuristic for my likings. But this game itself is
    really one of the best MP shooters i ever played on Console and PC Expand
  59. Mar 16, 2012
    I've played this game a lot as a LAN game at university during breaks enjoying an awesome multiplayer experience on most of the maps. While I don't like playing, failing and leveling up until you are able to play the game as it was meant to be, the unlocking system was a horrible step to take which became popular in modern FPS games! I cannot figure out if it was the level design, nice game modes, good ingame communication or just our group of players that made CoD4 one of the best multiplayer FPS games I've played since CoD1 (haven't tried many in between). Since then multiplayer games seem to have lost the way to team players up (maybe the console gaming with players have to few buttons!?).
    +++
    The singleplayer game is quite straight forward with some awesome moments (The Aftermath) and some horrible flaws: You are the super soldier who has to blow up things, shoot any enemy, push forward -- which hinders you from playing a support gunner covering your team -- and do all the stuff your teammates can't, but you CANNOT OPEN DOORS! At any point the game has a door you have to wait for your team to open the door and take away all action from you -- okay, in terms of story telling and stopping you from killing important NPCs, it is a way. Still it feels like you are missing the general key to the world anyone else has....
    +++
    After all the game tells its story pretty good without having a whole invasion going on and killing you once an hour for random story reasons. Graphics have reached a sufficient level, anything more is nice to have and forces the player to buy better equipment without any more gain. Multiplayer was a pleasure to play offline and was absolutely worthwhile!
  60. Feb 16, 2013
    I'm sorry folks but this game is entirely overrated. People like to claim that this was the last good Call of Duty, when in fact this is not a very good game. My main beef is with the mutliplayer. In all reality, the singleplayer is great, and typically is with any Call of Duty game, but that's not why you buy COD. You buy COD for multiplayer, and this games multiplayer is terrible. If it's not some kiddies with ACOG snipers tryharding, it's really bad sounding and feeling guns. The dedicated server system is trash in comparison to Black Ops or World at War. You are also stuck with only three killstreaks, in comparison to the newer games. The maps aren't too bad, and the graphics are standard among Call of Duty games, but I just don't like the feel of the multiplayer. This game is overrated, and even MW3 of all the COD games is better than this. Expand
  61. Feb 21, 2014
    2007 nyeonttae really huge impact and left a lingering game. Now a lot of time in the past, then the impact is not eternal but feel though that great masterpiece!
  62. Mar 25, 2011
    Gameplay - 9.5 , Graphics - 9.5 (consider the release time 2007) , Story - 8.5 , Playing time - 50+hours. A excellent game back in 2007. The top-notch multiplayer experience will keep you occupied for a long time.
  63. Apr 19, 2011
    Playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is experiencing a great film. And great films - like great some games - never appear linear; their finite stories belie the seemingly expansive possibilities of their genre. The reality is, of course, that the action of an FPS offers only a limited number of scenarios. However, done well, these scenarios offer both the serious and the casual gamer well-crafted slices of unreal action. Not least because the army down-plays the getting-shot-aspect of real life. http://teachergamer.blogspot.com/2011/04/call-of-duty-modern-warfare.html Expand
  64. Apr 25, 2011
    I was absolutely awe-inspired by this game. I simply cant recommend it enough. I would have payed 60 for the single-player alone, but the multi-player was outstanding as well.
  65. Apr 24, 2013
    This is the pinnacle of the Call Of Duty franchise it has really gone to from here but this is a great game it really good good multiplayer plenty of servers that aren't hacks fun gameplay. Its not perfect but its actually really near it it has flaws but its a fun balanced game.
  66. Jun 11, 2013
    It's not perfect, but close. I've played close to 400 hours in this game, for me it's the best CoD game created and a really good FPS.

The single-player is meh, if it weren't multi-player in the game I would rate it a 4, but the multi-player carries the game to a 7. The first CoD game to have perks. With dedicated servers you could find sniper only servers and so on, you could ban, and
    have rules.. Amazing. Expand
  67. Apr 26, 2014
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a perfect example of an FPS with both amazing multiplayer and singleplayer. It also introduced the whole RPG-based level-up system, causing many gamers to spend any sort of social life they had left on this addictive level-up system.
  68. Aug 11, 2014
    Many people consider this to be the best Call of Duty game to date and I can agree with them. The game has very interesting campaign with very likeable characters. Missions take place all over the world with a many different objectives. There's a huge variety of weapons both in singleplayer and multiplayer. Multiplayer was also very good, there's a lot of people still playing and it has a neat level up system. Graphics are also very good. All in all I have to say that this is one of the most fun FPS I've ever played and it might be one of the best FPS overall. Expand
  69. Mar 28, 2014
    Singleplayer is a total joke. The SP is a linear rollercoaster from start to finish, enemy is stupid as a log, weapons offer no variety.

Multiplayer is skill-less punching around. You heal by sucking your thumb behind a cover, you have to aimdownsights and stop to hit **** you call killstrikes and use weaponloadouts. Noob gaming at it's best.

Call of **** 4. This is the same as Call
    of **** 2. Copy paste at it's best. Steer clear. Expand
  70. Oct 12, 2010
    This is one of the best PC shooters ever. The single player was epic to the point that it still hasn't been matched since and the multiplayer was so diverse that there are still packed servers today. It has not yet been beaten in quality for a mutliplayer FPS game. I wouldn't give it best of all time, but best at it's time and still competes with the latest shooters in my opinion.

This game's mod tools allow the comunity to keep making new maps for it that keep it fresh and fun to play while the gameplay that it packs is so comfortable and fast-paced OR tactical (it's versatile enough to be fantastic at both), that you can just go back and wonder what new dev's or even the same dev (see the travisty of MW2) were thinking. there are only 3 kill-streak rewarrds, which is PLENTY, and they don't get too much in the way of actually playing the game. hackers aren't much of a problem because i fyou come across one, an admin of a SERVER will just kick or PB-ban the hacker. dedi's for the win, and cod4 for the win. If you havn't played this game, you should. there will never be another Call of Duty this good, and there may never be another FPS that beats it in its re-play factor, versatility, stock-maps, or general gameplay.
  71. Feb 20, 2012
    U like it or not, it's best Call of Duty game in series. Story in single-player is innovation, and something new to CoD series. I'm still playing single-player sometimes. Multiplayer is best experience ever. It's better than CoD MW2 or MW3 or any CoD MP. Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare Multiplayer is best in every aspect.
    And if ur bored of playing normal MP u still can get some skill on
    great modification - ProMod. Expand
  72. Feb 28, 2014
    By far the best Call of Duty. It set a spark in the gaming world and to this day the same engine and graphics are used in the newest Call of Duties. Unlike every other Call of Duty title (except for the sequels) you actually want to do the campaign and the campaign is amazing at that. The multiplayer for this set the standard for all coming multiplayer games to live up to. I don't think the world of gaming would be the same without it and it is without a doubt a masterpiece. Expand
  73. Jun 18, 2011
    The second best COD that has been made in my opinion. the story mode was gripping and fun. The MP was filled with excitement and an awesome community. The singleplayer did lack some emotion and the multiplayer did suffer from a tiny bit of over powered weapons(M60, RPK) but all in all this was an amazing game.
  74. Apr 29, 2011
    I *really* enjoyed this. A cracking game, full of varied missions, excitement, not too linear (though fairly), and a ripping yarn. And what's more, each mission contained replayability: a LOT of thought had obviously gone into each mission bloc such that many of them are really enjoyable the tenth and twentieth time. I think what appeals most is that the missions are quite varied, the graphics good quality without being too GPU draining, and the AI is fairly good. I think this is about the best linear, shoot-'em-up FPS I've played in many years. Expand
  75. Sep 27, 2011
    Pretty good game. If you were going to buy Black Ops or something, I'd get this instead. Great story, and the multiplayer is the bast part. Now, go grab an M4, and kick some ass.
  76. Oct 17, 2012
    Single player is good and the MP is pretty cool, except for the airstrikes which are just too over-powered and make the game a lot less fun. Maybe that is because I never manage to get a kill-streak.
  77. May 12, 2012
    Call of Duty 4 is one of the best CoD game, because it has custom add-ons that drastically enhances the multiplayer gameplay such as Pro-mod (which is one of my favorite add-ons), custom maps and more. The later CoD titles are just crap, all they did good was the campaign and the multiplayer itself are still the same as COD4, with new bad layout maps. Really, if you want to play the real Call of Duty, get COD4. Expand
  78. Feb 11, 2012
    Call of Duty 4 is a giant leap foward in the series. The previous games were way ahead of their time but Modern Warfare is the combined result of all of the previous games. The graphics are wow factor, the story is utterly convincing, the weapon range has grown exponentially, the characters are a joy to play alongside and the multiplayer is addictive although not very realistic. My points would be the lack of interaction between items that are not weapons (doors, vehicles and windows) and that the multiplayer becomes slow and glitchy in the case of heavy traffic to servers. There is room for improvement but Modern Warfare is a must have. Expand
  79. Jan 2, 2014
    I've played all Call of Duty games (yes, all!) and this is the crown jewel. It's simply one of the best games I've ever played. I've spent hours and hours playing it, and the fact that now in 2014 there are loads of people still out there playing multi-player says a lot. The only other COD game that comes close to the greatness of this game is MW2. The others are more or less forgettable.
  80. Jan 10, 2011
    The game's single player is okay. Ordinary and uninspired, it left me bored half-way through missions. The graphics are fairly good (I'm not picky in that respect), but otherwise it was rather disappointing in terms of gameplay. It also felt too dramatic, but I've never liked cheesy action movies personally.

The multiplayer is bland and uninspired as well, but it dares to include an
    idiotic RPG item unlock system as well, ruining any chance of the game being played competitively by new players. Only in graphics does it improve upon the experience furnished by Quakeworld (my multiplayer "benchmark" game), though that's easily counteracted by the unfortunate experience>skill system and a weapon set too focused on low-skill high-damage hitscan weapons, making the game much too campy for my tastes.

3 points for a mediocre single player campaign; 0 for a dysfunctional grind-based instagib multiplayer experience (which has drawn the gaming industry AWAY from the "right direction"); 1 for spawning a WWII-set clone/sequel with a decent zombie-killing mode in it.
  81. Nov 15, 2011
    Definently the best Call of Duty game up to date. After it being released over 4 years, it is still widely played on the PC in great amounts of players and time. This game is a must buy if your just picking up PC gaming and shooters on the PC. It will teach you how controls work for Call of Duty-like games.
  82. Nov 7, 2013
    The Call of Duty's fame started here. This is the best Call of Duty yet! Graphics were too much for 2007, gameplay is freaking great and the multiplayer is the best! This is really worth your money and it's better than Call of Duty: Ghosts.
  83. Feb 1, 2013
    This, is my opinion, is the only Call of Duty worth paying 60 dollars for. All of the other Modern Warfares or Black Ops' are map packs for this game. It's sad to see how downhill the rest of the franchise has gone, but Call of Duty 4 will always be a respected, well made masterpiece.
  84. Oct 27, 2013
    Am I the only one who enjoys cod4 multiplayer more than Team Fortress 2 after the Uber Update?
  85. Oct 19, 2014
    Okay, let me explain my rating. This game was probably the greatest Call of Duty game I've ever played. The multiplayer was great. The maps were great, I played it for 2 hours straight once I bought it on sale on steam.

The problem is, that was the only time I was able to play it.

Okay, so maybe it is my fault for having windows 8.1 and not checking for compatibility issues, and
    maybe I can't blame them if I'm trying to run an old game on windows 8.1. However, It doesn't work with me on windows 8 or 8.1 (Because I tried both). I will give it a 3 because of how much fun it was until it stopped working. I wouldn't have even done the review, but I wanted to point out to anyone interested that it doesn't work with 8.1 (at least for me). Expand
  86. Dec 8, 2010
    This game was not only a revolution within the Call of Duty franchise; it was a revolution in the gaming industry in general. Amazing game-play, state-of-the-art graphics and an immersive and well thought out storyline all contributed to the success of this game. The fact that this was one of the best selling games of its time is testament to how great the game was.
  87. Feb 20, 2012
    The original Call of Duty changed it all, Call of Duty Modern Warfare changed it all once again. The single player campaign is extremely well designed and unlike MW2/MW3/BO well paced. The levels are not just about mindless running and gunning but though if you prefer finishing them like that you are free to do so. The multiplayer is actually the place where COD brings out all of its shine. Its extremely immersive and full of exciting well designed levels with lots of guns and customization options. The most important thing about this game is that unlike its younger brothers (MW2/MW3/BO) it has support for dedicated servers which is the reason why this game has thousands of active servers even after so much time.

Does this game deserve to be rated with score 10? Probably not because there are certainly flaws which are not that obvious at first sight. However, if I don't rate it that way I will most probably be sorry for not doing that in a couple of years when all traces of decent games are erased in favor of pure money-grinding publishing politics (I fear that time has already come). That means that realistically this game deserves a strong 9 however by the power invested in my current voting rights I will give it a full 10.
  88. Apr 25, 2014
    SP is a joke because it is way too linear and unchallenging; and the MP gives too much power to the noobs who can just run around and do almost as well as skilled players.
  89. Nov 13, 2013
    COD4 multiplayer had a lot of unique features and PERKS that were balanced and gave fresh feel that had me keep coming back for many hours. Over the hours of play some people would find perks they found that other players had that were annoying but yet it played a roll in the balance of things and this IMHO was a key successor for most of my enjoyment. Being able to switch things up and have fun and even doing lobbies with friends. Looking back I appreciate no care packages and the wide range of the maps some maps had choke points, some were round and open and there really was not a formula for maps like there is in their other installments. Overall the multiplayer had me hooked but the only downfall is the campaign can be slightly disappointing. Expand
  90. Nov 12, 2010
    The Call of Duty series has always been renowned for its immersive campaigns, innovative multiplayer options, and overall high level of quality. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is the first game in the CoD line to step outside of the World War II venue but it takes all its predecessors positive traits with it and manages to set a new standard for the series.

The single player campaign in
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare delivers a heart pounding glimpse of how modern black ops missions are conducted. The action switches between British and US soldiers as they hunt for the leaders of a Middle Eastern terrorist group. All of the now standard FPS controls are present allowing the player to lean around corners to provide covering fire or to go prone to use tall grass to avoid detection. As expected the array of weapons available to help the player accomplish the missions is as diverse as it is impressive.

Most importantly the campaign mode in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has the player working as a part of a team. Typical FPS â
  91. Jun 3, 2011
    GameCritics: Best Action Game GameSpot: Best Graphics, Best Shooter, Best Xbox 360 Game, Best PlayStation 3 Game GameTrailers: Best Graphics, Best PS3 Game GamePro: Best Overall Game of the Year IGN: Best Xbox 360 Game, Best Shooter of 2007 GameSpy: Best PS3 Game, Best Xbox 360 Game, Best PC Game, Game of the Year X-Play: Best Shooter, Best Sound Design Spike Video Game Awards: Best Shooter, Best Military Game
    Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences: Action Game of the Year, Console Game of the Year, Overall Game of the Year
  92. Aug 16, 2011
    MULTIPLAYER GAME IS SICK! i play it everyday and i wont stop playing this in my life never, i have fun always, single player mode is "good", the single player mode from mw2 is a lot better but this game is EXCELENTE!
  93. Nov 9, 2011
    I was worried when Infinity Ward announced they were going to ditch the World War II genre and move to Modern Warfare, but after a tentative Single Player play-through and a few hours notched up on Multiplayer, I fell in love. This game is beautifully made in every aspect, and is still one of the most popular games to rent a gaming server for. The campaign is varied and stunning, and the adrenaline rush you feel after completing the first level and seeing the title roll up makes you realise, "this is going to be good." And it doesn't disappoint. On-line is where this game really comes in to it's own, as the game-modes, weapons, attachments, kill streaks and challenges are all a welcome addition to an excellent series of games. It's hard to fault this title. Expand
  94. Dec 10, 2011
    THE highlight of the single player was the last mission, Mile High Club, which when played on the veteran difficulty turned out to be one of the most enjoyable single player level I have played in recent years. Apart from that, the single player missions are just copy-paste from older CoDs with new graphics and fancy weapons. Maybe that AC-130 shooting game is something new, but I didn't like it that much. Multiplayer is definitely worth playing as it can be fun at times, but be ready to be kicked quite a few times if you're remotely good at this game as you can get kills through the wall quite easily and immature admins kick you for wallhacking. But that's just the community so I'm not taking any scores off because of that. I wish they fixed the killstreak system as you will spend ages sitting in the corner trying to get rid of that helicopter call you have, or you could just waste it.
    If you have played previous CoD games, the single player will probably disappoint you, but multiplayer has some fun elements to it. For someone who has never played CoD or FPS games, this game could provide you with a lot of fun.
  95. Mar 28, 2012
    A very fun game. Every game could use improvements and so could this but generally speaking I have almost all positive things to say about this game. The single player campaign is very immersive and fun to play.
  96. May 20, 2012
    Omge! Cool game love it cuz dis was b4 cod got stal cuz den cod got bad dis 1 is gewd cuz i said it was gewd so u shld g0 bi it bro cuz it so gewd. bi it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  97. Jun 13, 2012
    Played this game for the first time after trying some of the more recent COD titles. I must say, this one beats all of the others aside from maybe World at War since I'm a sucker for those older weaponry. The graphics are great compared to the recent COD games, and the gameplay is very fun. It wasn't very long, which was good because it was getting to being the same thing over and over. The storyline was pretty good though. I don't know what happened after World at War, but COD has really gone downhill. Long live pre-modern warfare 2 COD games! Expand
  98. Apr 25, 2014
    I love this game. The multiplayer is fun and the single player is actually good. But since there is too many hackers, I can't have as much fun as I used to.
  99. Feb 17, 2011
    I am sorry if I double-posted this, but the ones who gave it 5(s) and below haven't played against the real deal and in the real play. Yes, the normal MultiPlayer is full of noobs and campers, BUT we have "Promod". - You want balance? Promod doesn't count EXP and ranks. - You say hip-spraying? You're dead before you actually kill someone if you don't use your sights even in middle-range situation.
    - You say run and gun without tactics?
    You're gonna get ambushed by pro-campers.
    - You say the X appears even when you hit someone through the wall?
    Promod gets rid of that. No wallbanging noobs anymore.

In normal gameplay, and this is the most subject that people debated:
    - You say that it's unbalanced for Rank-1 to fight against Rank-55?
    The starting weapon (M16, MP5, M249, M40A3) is so great and damaging that some Rank-55 players prefer to use them rather than those fancy M60, Barrett 50 cal and P90. All the Rank-1 perks are also always implemented on at least one of the class; they're the basic foundation of pure ownage (damage, accuracy and extra bullet penetration). Extra ammos? Tch, it's not like you (or the rounds) are going to survive that long.
  100. Apr 17, 2011
    this rocks i love how it has the slow mo moments and cheats the story is sharp and involing and when a emeny tank epoldes you feel a sence of pride best shooter to date besides cod mw2 and half life 2
  101. Nov 17, 2013
    I recommend this game till the day I die. I will never forget this game!

1. A beautifully crafted first-person shooter, but without a compelling context. How much does that matter? To me, a little. Not a lot, but it nags. [Dec 2007, p.73]
    Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.
  3. It’s absolutely relentless in its assault on the senses and never lets up until the last trigger has been squeezed. The multiplayer is even better, with the perks and weapon upgrades acting as a balance to the lack of vehicles.