8.5

1. BenH.
    Nov 11, 2007
    Best MP experience i have had in years. I have a feeling i will be playing this game for a very long time. Amazing.
  2. IvoL.
    Dec 1, 2007
    Best Shoother Game ever!! Great animations, great music, great graphics.
  3. DonatoC.
    Jan 12, 2008
    This is by far the best multiplayer fps game of the moment, incredible graphic which runs very smooth compared to its quality, even af max details with antialiasing 4x. the same computer runs pretty badly Crysis for example, so the COD 3d engine is really amazing. Very good netcode too, i play almost perfectly even with 100-140 ping!
  4. MateoG.
    Jan 31, 2008
    Excellent graphics, a wonderful gameplay. The best first person shooter ever!
  5. DimaA.
    Jan 9, 2008
    Just amazing. The single player might be short, but it is very satisfying. And the multiplayer might be the best I have ever played.
  6. MinOh
    Mar 16, 2008
    It was awesome!!!
  7. MichaelE.
    Apr 20, 2008
    This is the best game EVER! Very intense, great online multiplayer system, definitely worth buying.
  8. RascalMint
    Jun 6, 2008
    This is my first FPS game and become easily addicted. I stopped playing assassin's creed because of this. Truly a great game.
  9. KenB.
    Nov 10, 2007
    COD4 lives up to the reputation of its' predecessors. Engaging game play, great graphics, and stable out of the box.
  10. MarkS.
    Nov 20, 2007
    The campaign may be short, but as I've said to those that complained about the length of Halflife 2 episodes: "I'd rather play a really good short game, than a bad long one." Game length is irrelevant in this title anyway. The real, true game is in the multi-player. That says something coming from me, as I rarely, if ever, take my gaming online. I find myself playing this MP The campaign may be short, but as I've said to those that complained about the length of Halflife 2 episodes: "I'd rather play a really good short game, than a bad long one." Game length is irrelevant in this title anyway. The real, true game is in the multi-player. That says something coming from me, as I rarely, if ever, take my gaming online. I find myself playing this MP more and more. The gameplay is lightening fast, and runs smooth as silk. Audio is exceptional, as were the others in the CoD series. The graphics are excellent, and as stated by another user, look best when everything is maxed out. Although if you've admired the graphics in multi-player, you've just had your throat slit. Trust me, I know. Expand
  11. JerryJ.
    Dec 9, 2007
    This game graphics and first person action are as good as Half-Life 2.
  12. BARB3d
    Jan 12, 2008
    what a game, graphics, gameplay, the whole package a gem. bout the best shooter ive played, and ive played a few. gotta be the benchmark for all new shooters.
  13. J.S.
    Jan 23, 2008
    Great game over all. The single player game has several interesting scenarios which make it a lot of fun. Multiplayer is also extremely fun for when you finish the single player game. Over all the best first person shooter of 2007 besides Bioshock.
  14. JonoMcg
    Jan 24, 2008
    Best game i have played in ages weather or not everyone else thinks so and prior to someone else's little comment on your friends not dying.... what do you expect, that it looks better for someone to die and come back to life the next level.... if you want a game like that go make your own.
  15. Dezorian
    Jan 4, 2008
    I have play many games and this is by far the best, both single and multiplayer. I wish Battlefield 2 would have the harcore option like cod4.
  16. JensP.
    Feb 22, 2008
    I simply love the game, for the first time you care about the characters in the game and very good story. One of the best things in the game is the MP part its awesome.
  17. ChrisI.
    Feb 20, 2008
    Well, what can I say. I haven't been much interested in online fps'es for the past two years or so, maybe with an exception of a few hours with Team Fortress 2, but THIS is it. The hardcore mp modes feel like the good old Rainbow six experience while the original modes feel a bit like how battlefield 1942 was for me. The only difference is... that its immensely better in all Well, what can I say. I haven't been much interested in online fps'es for the past two years or so, maybe with an exception of a few hours with Team Fortress 2, but THIS is it. The hardcore mp modes feel like the good old Rainbow six experience while the original modes feel a bit like how battlefield 1942 was for me. The only difference is... that its immensely better in all aspects! Introducing rewards that makes you WANT to play better, play more and play differently all the time to unlock nice equipment and stuff, graphics that look extremely good and still runs good on any medium spec machine built for or by a gamer, and generally a more than averagely good experience of working as a team. And not least, the single player campain is simply put one of the most exciting, varied and (for peace loving military buffs like me) the coolest experience of being in modern war ever. Highly recommended! Expand
  18. NathanS.
    Mar 16, 2008
    One of the best games Ive ever played
  19. AshokM.
    Apr 27, 2008
    This game is amazing. I mean, sure, it has a short storyline, and it was overhyped a lot, but, I think, what really makes CoD4 stand out above the crowd is the multiplayer. It is just so fun and replayable
  20. Disposable
    Apr 7, 2008
    Singleplayer: The singleplayer is largely linear without alot of tactic, this may sound bad, but for this game it works brilliantly as you are immersed in a largely atmospheric world of action and excitement. The game keeps you wanting more as you fight your way through the (slightly short, finished in two sittings) epic story. Its a cinematic gameplay, that although doesn't sound Singleplayer: The singleplayer is largely linear without alot of tactic, this may sound bad, but for this game it works brilliantly as you are immersed in a largely atmospheric world of action and excitement. The game keeps you wanting more as you fight your way through the (slightly short, finished in two sittings) epic story. Its a cinematic gameplay, that although doesn't sound great on paper allows the game to connect you with far more exciting events than many average shooters these days. For these reasons I will give it a 9/10 Multiplayer: Now for the real reason to buy this game, call of duty 4 has some of the greatest multiplayer i have seen in a long time (i play counter-strike and battlefield mainly to give you an idea). This is where the PC version really shines and the cons0oles really cant match. The online gameplay offers a lot of variety with about 20 different weapons, all with about 4 unlockable attachments and 5 different camouflages, about 5 game modes (with the option of hardcore mode on each), 15ish maps, and about 30 different perks, the game is very customisable and you can set up a class exactly how you want it. Ranking up has been set right at the right level, that it requires not too much gameplay to get to another rank and unlock new weapons, but it also doesnt take too little so you do actually have play for more than an hour to unlock a majority of the weapons. Any there is always the goal of getting gold weapons ahead of you. The gameplay itself has been put up against a big feet of achieving what they achieved in COD4 but they have managed to not only achieve this, but surpass it adding a new level of gameplay. This most definitely deserves a 10/10. I haven't enjoyed a game this much for years. Expand
  21. DW
    May 5, 2008
    Great game, great depth! This game works as a mind stimulating tactical shooter on every level!
  22. TylerK
    Jun 21, 2008
    THE best game ever more fun then TF2!!! single player is fantastic and with online play u can play forever! you can unlock a ton of weapons and perks and trying to move through the ranks from private to general is a BLAST!
  23. MichaelM.
    Jun 3, 2008
    This game offers everything you need for a first person shooter. It goes into so much depth, and the story line is great. It offers you a real sense of what the military is like. I never get bored of it, every level has me on the edge. 10.
  24. PedjaK.
    Jun 6, 2008
    Great game. Very realistic and awesome graphics.
  25. TomK.
    Jun 7, 2008
    New Maps, very cool. Thanks!
  26. JohnS.
    Aug 6, 2008
    I have been hooked on this game since release date. The only game I have ever experienced this level of addiction with was Counterstrike, before source. The story, the graphics, the way your scope shines gold and the amazing lighting... The graphics are breathtaking and the gameplay lives up to them. There are issues with multiplayer, not least a terrible server browser in the PC version I have been hooked on this game since release date. The only game I have ever experienced this level of addiction with was Counterstrike, before source. The story, the graphics, the way your scope shines gold and the amazing lighting... The graphics are breathtaking and the gameplay lives up to them. There are issues with multiplayer, not least a terrible server browser in the PC version and quite frankly stupid gameplay in the standard mode, but the former can be worked around and the latter is simply fixed by playing the game in hardcore mode (which removes the HUD and severely lowers maximum health.) As a whole, this game is by far the best shooter I have ever played (bear in mind this is my favourite genre, and strategic shooters only get a small amount of interest from me) and actually probably comes out on top as the best game I have ever played. Well, until FFXIII. If you like your shoot-em-ups and somehow don't have this one, get it. Now. Expand
  27. JoeyB.
    Aug 9, 2008
    Amazing online play and good campaign much better then cod3 and leaves me waiting in suspense for cod5.
  28. danm
    May 21, 2009
    The most kickass shooter ever made, PERIOD. This game is fucking perfect. It is so welcoming to skilled tactics and character design it blows my mind. Definitely a must get for any experienced FPS player. Not only is the multi-player unbelievable, the single player mode actually MAKES YOU BETTER at online gameplay. I beat it on veteran, and i subsequently went on to kick every ass that The most kickass shooter ever made, PERIOD. This game is fucking perfect. It is so welcoming to skilled tactics and character design it blows my mind. Definitely a must get for any experienced FPS player. Not only is the multi-player unbelievable, the single player mode actually MAKES YOU BETTER at online gameplay. I beat it on veteran, and i subsequently went on to kick every ass that ever played this game. If you are good enough, you can practically become unkillable. Expand
    Nov 10, 2007
    Awesome game, crisp graphics, fantastic gameplay. The only downside is that when playing it on veteran there are some spots that you have to replay over and over to get past. Still 10/10 from me though.
  30. TimP.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Very good new style of FPS game no one evry made like this game.
  31. GaborH.
    Nov 17, 2007
    Great graphics, great playability, good ai, runs perfectly on older computers too. (P4 3.0 Ghz 1.5 GB RAM, ATiX1600). It lets me only pick medium graphic settings, but even with that it has one of the nicest look I ever played with.
  32. MysenS.
    Nov 19, 2007
    There's over 100,000 words in Webster's Dictionary. But there's no word that defines how great Call of Duty 4 is. The graphics are utterly spectacular, the singleplayer capaign is brilliant since evey level is unique in some way, shape, or form, the multiplayer is chaotic and very addicting, and the new story really gives this game a work out. Even if you have to have lower There's over 100,000 words in Webster's Dictionary. But there's no word that defines how great Call of Duty 4 is. The graphics are utterly spectacular, the singleplayer capaign is brilliant since evey level is unique in some way, shape, or form, the multiplayer is chaotic and very addicting, and the new story really gives this game a work out. Even if you have to have lower graphics to support the game, trust me, every second of the gameplay is worth it. Multiplayer's fantastic too with its huge array of game modes, upgradable and customizable weapons, and a seriously awesome ranking system. If you need a great way to spend $50 besides on the Orange Box (which is also very good), then get Call of Duty 4, one of the best FPS games ever made. Expand
  33. Crennas
    Nov 21, 2007
    Absolutely great multiplayer part...customisable classes, weapons and special abilities (perks) give the game an enormous strategical depths. My graphics card (7950gx2) produces some texture errors, so a patch needs to come. But after all this game is a perfect 10.
  34. TravisB.
    Nov 23, 2007
    This game is one of the best games ive ever played. the fact that you can shoot through walls and stuff its awsome!!!
  35. Marc-AndréD.
    Nov 23, 2007
    Really good game, short solo, but I don't care since Multi is the main point, like in BF2.
  36. JohnM.
    Nov 28, 2007
    The single-player campaign is a short but incredibly polished single-player campaign with a plot straight out of 24. The fact that enemies respawn if you don't move forward can sometimes lead to a slight feeling of luck in getting through missions though. Don't be fooled, multiplayer is what this game is built around. I've played more of COD4's multiplayer game alone The single-player campaign is a short but incredibly polished single-player campaign with a plot straight out of 24. The fact that enemies respawn if you don't move forward can sometimes lead to a slight feeling of luck in getting through missions though. Don't be fooled, multiplayer is what this game is built around. I've played more of COD4's multiplayer game alone than I've played any other game this year. It's incredibly cerebral, fantastic for team play, and fast enough to feel arcadey without sacrificing a sense of realism. A lot of other games may be pushing more artistic and design boundaries this year, but this is easily the game that I've played the most and enjoyed the most. Expand
  37. DanyT.
    Nov 30, 2007
    I've played so many fps games, Far Cry, CoD 1 and 2, bioshock, half-life 1 and 2, Battlefield 1942, BF2, to name just a few and none of them can compare to CoD 4 for the sensation of being right into the action in both, solo campain and multi-players. It's the best of both world
  38. JakeS.
    Nov 30, 2007
    This game is amazing! The graphics are very good even on a modest PC. Everything is smooth and well thought out. The maps are fun and fast, yet can still be played tactically. Both MP and SP are very fun, albiet SP is somewhat short. Everything else makes up for it though in this simply amazing game.
  39. SamF.
    Nov 8, 2007
    I usually don't start off a review by saying Holy @#$! but this game is incredible. Starting with the graphics, its as close to photorealistic as many people would expect which is done very well. You have vehicles that explode when damaged and other items can be destroyed too. The intense gameplay is there just like all the other COD Games but take the story , weapons and scenery I usually don't start off a review by saying Holy @#$! but this game is incredible. Starting with the graphics, its as close to photorealistic as many people would expect which is done very well. You have vehicles that explode when damaged and other items can be destroyed too. The intense gameplay is there just like all the other COD Games but take the story , weapons and scenery into modern times. Oh and I almost forget about the Nuke...yes a nuke is involved in the storyline and if thats not enough ... The terrorists have taken control of it. Anyone interested in FPS Games has to buy this title. Its that good. Expand
  40. JaakkoK.
    Nov 9, 2007
    I give this game full points. It is one of the best games I've ever played. Everything maxed out it looks awesome. The game feels very similiar to Call of Duty 2, but is still differend. It is more fast paced, has more weapons and you can pretty much customize your character the way you want. If you like fps-games, you'll love this. A must buy. If your pc can't match the I give this game full points. It is one of the best games I've ever played. Everything maxed out it looks awesome. The game feels very similiar to Call of Duty 2, but is still differend. It is more fast paced, has more weapons and you can pretty much customize your character the way you want. If you like fps-games, you'll love this. A must buy. If your pc can't match the minimium requirements, I recommend reading Firingsquads 500$ pc upgrade, just google it. Expand
  41. EugenC.
    Dec 13, 2007
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare shows that you don
  42. DevillllD.
    Dec 29, 2007
    I will give it a ten because its the best a video game can get. Realistic effects and tactics. Being a marine making me see how much of effort these guys have put into it to make it the way it is. Attention to details and variety of playing modes. Its fantastic game.
  43. Czar
    Dec 3, 2007
    I got crysis and COD 4 at the same time. I quickly became bored with crysis, lovely gfx, but no surprises. Swit6ched to COD4 and can't put it down. The little side missions are just awesome. In places you have you hand being held but in other levels there is scope to try different tactics and attacking routes. Some way cool surpises and scenes in this game.
  44. AhmedK.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Great game,guns,graphics amazing.
  45. JuanV.
    Dec 9, 2007
    This is my favorite game. they really exceeded the limit and went way out of the box for this game.
  46. ChrisG.
    Dec 9, 2007
    Honestly the best game i've played all year.. possibly ever, extremely emmerisive if you select the correct difficulity for yourself, and if Single player wasnt enough there is a ROCK solid multiplayer mode with unlocables making you feel like your always achievieing somehting Game of the Year by a longshot for me.
  47. SeanF.
    Dec 9, 2007
    A very intense game, one of the best single player campaigns yet, as good has HL2's and the MSG series stories. However, it is slightly lacking in online play, but everything else more than makes up for it.
  48. www.FragXperts.com
    Oct 15, 2008
    To all those who want a SP game, go play something else. The MP is by far the best out there, and will be for years to come. Those that cry are the ones who hide in a corner with a sniper rifle the entire map and whine about getting their face raped by someone with actual skill. O.o Get some!
  49. PatF.
    Jan 3, 2008
    This game is an awesome experience from start to finish. Delivers in all aspects, from graphics, animations, and special effects, to story and character development, to music, sounds and voice-overs. Superbly done!
  50. JeremyJ.
    Jan 4, 2008
    Graphics are insane. The game itself is so fun, you go from sniping in a building to shooting down helicopters with an rpg. This game is very realistic also.
  51. GordonJ.
    Jan 9, 2008
    Best graphics, physics, and gameplay i've ever seen in a wargame.. didn't play cod3, but cod2 was proper manotinous. Play this game on pc, looks like crap on consoles, as well pc has a much better online community with actual moders as aposed to waiting for the devs to release stuff, if they ever do.
  52. AustinC.
    Feb 10, 2008
    This game has great single-player, but what makes this game the best is definitely the multiplayer, with over 50 ranks, and a variety of different weapons with skins to make them look better, than they already are. This game is really fun, to earn your levels, by killing other players in online servers. In most games, it's hard to get levels, but in Call of Duty 4, It's actually This game has great single-player, but what makes this game the best is definitely the multiplayer, with over 50 ranks, and a variety of different weapons with skins to make them look better, than they already are. This game is really fun, to earn your levels, by killing other players in online servers. In most games, it's hard to get levels, but in Call of Duty 4, It's actually possible for the low level noobies, to kill high levels, which will give them a great deal of experience. Not just can you unlock weapons, and skins for those weapons, you can unlock accessories for your guns, such as laser sight, and a silencer. Expand
  53. AdamS.
    Feb 13, 2008
    Absolutely one of the top games I've ever played! Singleplayer was perfect! Multiplayer even better and I'm sure I'll keep on playing this game for a very long time! Though singleplayer was a bit short it wasn't that bad so it would decrease my rating! It's funnier than for example Super Mario Galaxy, which also is a pretty clear 10. Everybody should have a copy Absolutely one of the top games I've ever played! Singleplayer was perfect! Multiplayer even better and I'm sure I'll keep on playing this game for a very long time! Though singleplayer was a bit short it wasn't that bad so it would decrease my rating! It's funnier than for example Super Mario Galaxy, which also is a pretty clear 10. Everybody should have a copy of this game! Expand
  54. KielR.
    Mar 22, 2008
    Nothing to say! JUST GREAT GAME!
  55. MaximeL.
    Mar 26, 2008
    One word..INTENSE!! I've been playing for hours online on my ps3 on an 50" plasma tv and a logitech Z-5500 and it's sick. I've heard the single player campaign is rather short, but if you play on the highest difficulty, you'll see that it can lasts for quite a while!!! A friend recommended this game to me and I'm not disappointed. I think it is the best console One word..INTENSE!! I've been playing for hours online on my ps3 on an 50" plasma tv and a logitech Z-5500 and it's sick. I've heard the single player campaign is rather short, but if you play on the highest difficulty, you'll see that it can lasts for quite a while!!! A friend recommended this game to me and I'm not disappointed. I think it is the best console FPS to date. Put simply, go buy it! Expand
  56. NickL.
    Mar 28, 2008
    This game ownes it has a good story and it online games are vary cool but some times you can get mad.
  57. UélintonM.
    Mar 6, 2008
    It's the best war game!!!
  58. RicardoV.
    Apr 13, 2008
    Great game! Non stopping action, incredible graphics!
  59. JamesR.
    Apr 20, 2008
    Absolutely Gorgeous game single player is great multiplayer is great. The fun never ends.
  60. PeterS.
    Apr 25, 2008
    This game s absolutely superb. Almost too perfectly balanced... If you think this game blows or it's broken... well... the fault is yours...
  61. JustinO.
    May 6, 2008
    Call Of Duty is great. The online is the best! Even the campaign isn't too short, although i see many that say it is. The graphics are amazing and by far the best army/war/shooting game I've played! Worth the money!
  62. KieranP.
    Jun 13, 2008
    I love this game so much me and my friend play it, and all we can talk about is this game.
  63. BillyBob
    Jun 2, 2008
    I bought this for the online play, and boy was I impressed. I haven't had this much fun since the days of Quake.
  64. ChuckS.
    Jun 29, 2008
    Excellent game overall. Graphics are top notch & storyline is outstanding. You feel like you are really at the scene of battle- it's scary!
  65. GabrielT.
    Jul 14, 2008
    This Game ROCKS!
  66. RyanSingharaj
    Jul 9, 2008
    Pros : graphics, gameplay, guns, action, Love it! Cons : Story, the game gets boring after a while but still fun.
  67. JohnM
    Aug 20, 2008
    Aaron L if u have played fps for 10 years all that means is no life this game don't deserve no 2 its one of the best fps out there and crisis is a good game but if u don't have a good comp u cant play it-- anyways cod4 never played it on the comp i play on 360 best shooter i have i totally gave up playin halo this game blows any shooter out of the water good job infinite ward.
  68. JustinB.
    Nov 21, 2009
    Best FPS i have ever played. Great graphics and online play. I recommend this game to everyone. Also this is a wonderful LAN game.
  69. LasseR.
    Oct 22, 2009
    This is the best shooting game i've ever played. i have played this game in over a year on PSN and i would lety it get a 10. the storyline is realistic to the S.A.S and USMC missions and weapons are just fantastic. The online gameplay is good although the pc users complain about cheaters, instead of complaining here send a message to infinity ward and they would have been making a This is the best shooting game i've ever played. i have played this game in over a year on PSN and i would lety it get a 10. the storyline is realistic to the S.A.S and USMC missions and weapons are just fantastic. The online gameplay is good although the pc users complain about cheaters, instead of complaining here send a message to infinity ward and they would have been making a patch, but now it's too late so. back to the topic, the game is overall the most realistic and fun online game. this is much better than Call of Duty WOW, it is very good to but i just don't like it online and the zombie mod just makes it idiotic. this game deserves a 10 Expand
  70. AndrewM
    Mar 16, 2009
    This game is amazing, despite what the moron under me spews on about with circular logic in poor English ("An integrated wallhack. To be honest, this does the gameplay more bad than good, simply because it only does bad and no good at all." - SJT-Ruler* Great! Glad you could back up your own reasoning and not sound like an unreliable failure as a reviewer.) Anywho, this game deserves a 9, This game is amazing, despite what the moron under me spews on about with circular logic in poor English ("An integrated wallhack. To be honest, this does the gameplay more bad than good, simply because it only does bad and no good at all." - SJT-Ruler* Great! Glad you could back up your own reasoning and not sound like an unreliable failure as a reviewer.) Anywho, this game deserves a 9, but due to his stupidity I bumped it up a notch. Its single player is short and didn't really captivate me enough for a second run through after my first. That's fine, though, as I've come across less than a handful of singleplayer games in mygaming run that have felt rewarding at the finish. The multiplayer, however, is a gift from Infinity Ward to the soul (MY soul, at least). With so much depth and so many weapons/playstyles/gametypes to choose from, it has quenched my online thirst for owning n00bs (such as this idiot below me) since release day. A definite must have for anyone considering themselves a pc gamer, casual or otherwise. Expand
  71. Ultimated00mbringer
    Jun 26, 2009
    Anybody who says anything negative about this game simply doesn't like FPS games, period. If they did, they wouldn't be whining like little girls about what they don't like. Most likely they didn't buy the game, they played it on someone else's machine and got their ass whooped and ran home crying.
  72. uskoton
    Aug 10, 2009
    Forget Halo, Forget Counter Strike, Forget Battlefield. Call of Duty 4 is the best FPS available at present. It has recently won numerous awards to prove this fact. Best selling FPS for example. Single player is short but 'veteran' mode can extend that! Online it is unbeatable and highly addictive, be prepared to lose a lot of your life spent playing CoD 4 online! From Beginners Forget Halo, Forget Counter Strike, Forget Battlefield. Call of Duty 4 is the best FPS available at present. It has recently won numerous awards to prove this fact. Best selling FPS for example. Single player is short but 'veteran' mode can extend that! Online it is unbeatable and highly addictive, be prepared to lose a lot of your life spent playing CoD 4 online! From Beginners to Hardcore shooting fans this game has something for everybody. Yes people complain its 'run and gun' but there is plently of MODS and Clans that play tatical games where teamwork and tatics are essential! This is as close to perfect i have ever experienced in a game and Call of Duty Modern Warefare 2 will have a hard time trying to out do this game! Expand
  73. Sgt.Awesomeness
    Jan 24, 2010
    All I can say is the single player is great, multiplayer is even better and at the end of the day, this title will rise through the ashes as the series' top game.
  74. JoshF.
    Nov 10, 2007
    This game is utterly amazing, even without having a pricey gaming rig. I've yet to experience these kind of graphics and sounds. You'd think that cranking the settings and resolution would slow it down, but it doesn't. I'm in awe of just how much they fit on a screen at once. If you want to be able to sleep, don't play within a few hours of bedtime, because it This game is utterly amazing, even without having a pricey gaming rig. I've yet to experience these kind of graphics and sounds. You'd think that cranking the settings and resolution would slow it down, but it doesn't. I'm in awe of just how much they fit on a screen at once. If you want to be able to sleep, don't play within a few hours of bedtime, because it gets you WIRED. It's probably better in the morning instead of coffee. Also, the seen where you are the president getting beaten and taking a ride through a part of a Middle Eastern city that's a terrorist stronghold is incredible, it's honestly like nothing I've ever experienced or seen. Hordes of men shooting guns in the air, frightened citizens running for cover, then you get to the compound... well, maybe I've already said too much. You've got to see (or rather experience) what happens next. Expand
  75. Amos(Singapore)
    Nov 12, 2007
    Kudos to Infinity Ward for this EXCELLENT shooter !! You guys have lifted up to the FANS expectations and more.. A MUST buy for all PC Gamers. Shame on EA (full of empty promises to FANS, treating us like fools) for the same over-hyped reiterations time and again. (Pacific A$$ault, Airborne, C$C 3...)
  76. JoshK.
    Nov 13, 2007
    Beautiful, no bugs, incredibly fun!
  77. EdC.
    Nov 14, 2007
    There are cynics out there who would lead you to believe that this game just not be worth $50. Technically, he would be right as no game is worth $50. But, if you want a deep and dynamic game with visually stunning graphics and incredible sound, then this game takes the sting out of forking over your hard-earned money. First, the criticism: SP is a bit bland and linear. You are introduced There are cynics out there who would lead you to believe that this game just not be worth $50. Technically, he would be right as no game is worth $50. But, if you want a deep and dynamic game with visually stunning graphics and incredible sound, then this game takes the sting out of forking over your hard-earned money. First, the criticism: SP is a bit bland and linear. You are introduced to COD5's wide range of weaponary and game style, so it's worth checking out. The graphics (sorry XP users, you are missing too much here) are simply breathtaking. Personally, I feel it takes the cake over Crysis. COD4 brings us the same revolutionary sound as did it predecesors. It is lifelike and not-to-overbearing. The meat and potatoes from COD4, however, goes beyond it's glitter. it lies in the MP mode. Revamped from previous releases, COD4 allows a user to retain persistent stats and awarding upgrades along the way. The ONLY issue is that ranking up seems to be a bit too easy. You can earn challenge points along the way, accellerating your way to the top. The casual gamer will find this a perfect pace, but for COD4 diehard, we will all be 5-stars from this point on. Bottom line, don't dismiss the occassional critic whom basks in his/hers on glory of being able to sway a vote. Take it from a hard-core gaming veteran, this is THE game to own this year. Expand
  78. DanielL.
    Nov 14, 2007
    The best game of all time! INTENSE action, perfect sound and graphics.
  79. LiboW.
    Nov 19, 2007
    Solid game, gotta love the "moving dramatic" music at key parts... but really this game though as short as the singleplayer maybe hit right on key of what call of duty would be with modern weapons/settings. I'm gonna go out on a limb here though to correct a couple of things. First of all this game has NO DIRECTX 10, don't listen to the user below, as all the graphics are Solid game, gotta love the "moving dramatic" music at key parts... but really this game though as short as the singleplayer maybe hit right on key of what call of duty would be with modern weapons/settings. I'm gonna go out on a limb here though to correct a couple of things. First of all this game has NO DIRECTX 10, don't listen to the user below, as all the graphics are written in directx 9 (but really well). Vista runs the game slower as I dual-boot both. Secondly, another user complained about the lack of a "cover" system. I can name 2 games with like-wise publicity that has this "cover" system. 1. Rainbow 6 Vegas, 2. Gears of War, both are great games but based on the same engine (unreal 3.0). That's it, i can't name another game with a "cover" system or whatever this person was looking for. Halflife-2 (all), quake 4, crysis, counterstrike, jericho... all recent shooters do not employ a "cover" system, as intelligent FPS players crouch or goto prone if needed. If the game's too hard, just play it on recruit. Expand
  80. JakubD.
    Nov 19, 2007
    Great graphics, great gameplay, very good system of ranks and getting upgrades, and most of all great sotory in single player mode.
  81. SimonY.
    Nov 21, 2007
    I love the fact you can make your own custom weapons in multiplayer, and it has the best firefights in a FPS ever.
  82. SeanP.
    Nov 22, 2007
    This game is one of the better shooters to come out this year. It has fast action, large scale battles, and tatics. This is a game to play for years to come.
  83. TomiV.
    Nov 28, 2007
    This game was really something... It was first game that i pre-ordered. Finally it was taken to modern wars from the WWII. Atmosphere was the best of the best like in CoD 2 and CoD 3 and Graphics were also good but not the best of the best, audiovisually the game was incredible, like CoD 2. I´ll give 10 points for this because there is no such option as 96/95.
  84. KyleT.
    Nov 29, 2007
    this game is absolutely awesome a must have for your games collection weather it be pc or 360 the graphics are excellent, story line is superb and this game is challenging. it throws you off your feet with the way you expect things to work for example the last mission your a US marine. i didnt expect the way that ends at all even though this is a game set in the present and you have all this game is absolutely awesome a must have for your games collection weather it be pc or 360 the graphics are excellent, story line is superb and this game is challenging. it throws you off your feet with the way you expect things to work for example the last mission your a US marine. i didnt expect the way that ends at all even though this is a game set in the present and you have all the new weponry it still feels exactly like a call of duty game, which some poople will love like me but some people wont really like this game is amazing and online playing is really good aswell. Expand
  85. BorisD.
    Nov 8, 2007
    The game is really good and with fabulous graphics engine and even on low details and low resolution it looks great. The storyline is great and when i got it I played it nonstop for about 3 hours and I probably got throught the half game it is just great so i give it a rating of 10/10 ! I played it with about 35-40 FPS at 1024x768 resolution and everything on High and there was absolutely The game is really good and with fabulous graphics engine and even on low details and low resolution it looks great. The storyline is great and when i got it I played it nonstop for about 3 hours and I probably got throught the half game it is just great so i give it a rating of 10/10 ! I played it with about 35-40 FPS at 1024x768 resolution and everything on High and there was absolutely no lag at all. My PC: Athlon 3500+, 1.5GB RAM DDR2, Asus GeForce 7300GS 512MB. Expand
  86. KimC.
    Dec 1, 2007
    It is a game that performs better then crysis, and have more action then crysis will ever get. Multiplayer is just fantastic.
  87. Matt
    Dec 12, 2007
    It's a brilliant game, from start to finish. The singleplayer makes you feel like you're actually in the battlefield, and the major plot twist in the middle will leave you stunned. The multiplayer is even better, and will last a very long time. A good amount of maps, and deep character customisation are just 2 of the many excellent features.
  88. TimmothyS.
    Dec 19, 2007
    The best First Person Shooter out on the market. It makes Halo 3 look and feel like garbage. It's got America's-Army style realism, but a much more enjoyable and fast-paced game without all the gripes that killed BF2.
  89. DavidO.
    Dec 22, 2007
    Best single-player experience I've had in a while. Also the best multi-player experience I've had in forever!
  90. CallumT.
    Dec 23, 2007
    Call of duty 4 is 'the' best modern FPS on the market to this day, with outstanding graphics, weapon selection and single player storyline, this game is easily a 10. The frequent updates and source servers makes the game un-laggy and always ontop with the bugs/glitches.
  91. CarstenN.
    Dec 29, 2007
    This is probably the best game of the year. The graphics are top-notch (only overturned by Crysis), the game play is both new and exciting the whole game through. The only bad thing about this game is: The single player campaign isn't long enough!
  92. Patrick
    Dec 29, 2007
    It's fast and tactical multiplayer is rewarding with all the different challenges and upgrades and the Make-A-Class system is fun to mess with. And unlike some of the higher up weapon unlocks in other games *cough* BF2 *cough* using the default weapons can still result in victory. I particularly would recommend this game to people that have lower end systems such as my own who cant It's fast and tactical multiplayer is rewarding with all the different challenges and upgrades and the Make-A-Class system is fun to mess with. And unlike some of the higher up weapon unlocks in other games *cough* BF2 *cough* using the default weapons can still result in victory. I particularly would recommend this game to people that have lower end systems such as my own who cant play bioshock or crysis because of the high system specs. It runs surprisingly well on my 512MB DDR, Pent 4 2.4 GHz, 7600 GS AGP. Even with my low amount of RAM the levels still load very quickly and the single player campaign is nothing to scoff at either. It's like an action movie throughout the entire thing. So go ahead and pick it up as long as you meet the minimum because it'll still look, sound, and play great. Expand
  93. NickS.
    Dec 30, 2007
    Like wow, i thought I was in love with CoD2, but man oh man was I in for something even better after getting this. Everything is just spectacular, definetly a CSS and DoDS BF2/2142 rep for myself.
  94. APERSONHI
    Nov 7, 2008
    I dont understand......Why are people giving this game bad reviews?Maybe becaouse there mad that its not like Halo 3?

Anyway.....I really liked this game.The singleplayer is short but def replayable.Multiplayer....Is the most amazing multiplayer i have EVER played.Its fun,exiting,fast paced. The ranking is fun to,But after you get to lvl 55....It will get boring....But then you just start from lvl 0 again if you want to.

Overall....This game blew away my expectaions from the Call Of Duty series.
  95. GordonM.
    Oct 17, 2008
    While not exhibiting the same level of "immersion" as the other of its series, COD 4 is still an excellent game, at least in singleplayer. The bots, dispite what many say, are NOT infinite (if you don't have the patience to sit out the bots and acutally kill them all before rushing foward, you can go back to Halo), and they are far easier to kill with the sights. Proof of this would While not exhibiting the same level of "immersion" as the other of its series, COD 4 is still an excellent game, at least in singleplayer. The bots, dispite what many say, are NOT infinite (if you don't have the patience to sit out the bots and acutally kill them all before rushing foward, you can go back to Halo), and they are far easier to kill with the sights. Proof of this would become evident if critics had bothered playing on "Veteran" rather than sobbing about a lack of realism - most of the bots use sights, and amazingly, they are far more accurate while doing so. Linear gameplay isn't necessarily a bad thing, and those trumpeting its problems really ought to go and design a game without linear gameplay and yet a good story and wide appeal. Half Life 2 was linear, Crysis Warhead was more or less linear, Doom and F.E.A.R were linear, and yet people insist on instantly branding a product "linear" when they haven't even enough experience to say that it's a negative! COD4 was linear, but that only fits in with the previous COD and COD 2, which were both linear, and anyone expecting non-linear gameplay COD 4 should have perhaps bought Barbie Horse Adventures instead. Expand
  96. BrianM.
    Oct 19, 2008
    Best FPS I've played. Single player is a great thrill ride all the way through. The ability to customize multi player allows for server types for everyone from run and gun lovers to a hardcore tactical experience where one bullet is usually death.
  97. CaseyY.
    Jan 31, 2008
    The multiplayer and singleplayer are both amazing. Games don't need to be long to be good.
  98. ConorC.
    Feb 22, 2008
    Clearly one of the best shooters out there. It has large improvements over CoD2 and 3, that surpass anything the mods for those could ever do. The ranking system, with the challenges make you want to keep playing, no matter how well you do, and the perk system lets you be your own soldier, not just some guy with a gun. The single player can be easy, or intensely difficult, but multiplayer Clearly one of the best shooters out there. It has large improvements over CoD2 and 3, that surpass anything the mods for those could ever do. The ranking system, with the challenges make you want to keep playing, no matter how well you do, and the perk system lets you be your own soldier, not just some guy with a gun. The single player can be easy, or intensely difficult, but multiplayer is where it's at. Anyone who can't see this doesn't deserve to understand it. I'll be playing this game for years. Expand
  99. SamH.
    Mar 11, 2008
    This game is epic! SAS stealth action with full submersion action next to each other. Ask much more and why not ask for an early rapture? And theres guns btw, in case you were undecided on that fact.
  100. DavidG
    Mar 14, 2008
    I thought this game was fantastic! It was a little disappointing for the length, but the intense battles evened it out. I would tell anyone who was considering to buy this game to get it immediately! It's definitely worth the money in my opinion. I hope we see another one of these on Steam soon! I'm looking forward to a sequel!

1. PC Gamer UK
    A beautifully crafted first-person shooter, but without a compelling context. How much does that matter? To me, a little. Not a lot, but it nags. [Dec 2007, p.73]
    Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.
  3. It’s absolutely relentless in its assault on the senses and never lets up until the last trigger has been squeezed. The multiplayer is even better, with the perks and weapon upgrades acting as a balance to the lack of vehicles.