8.5

1. Mar 4, 2017
    Gerek hikayesi, gerekse oynanış bakımından; Çok üst seviyede bir yapım. Bu oyunla birlikte rakiplerinin çok üstüne çıkan Call Of Duty serisi, büyük bir kitleye kendini sevdirebildi.
  2. Feb 19, 2017
    The best single player campaign I have ever played, even to this day.

Great MP in it's time. Literally spent countless hours playing.

Redefined the genre. Fantastic game.
  3. Nov 17, 2016
    Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a very solid experience. The singleplayer is really great for its kind. With interesting characters, intense gameplay and it's just a good way to learn the game. Because after that you jump into the multiplayer. And the multiplayer is perfect. Period. The only negatives I had and made me give it a 9 and not a 10 is that in the most of the servers theCall Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a very solid experience. The singleplayer is really great for its kind. With interesting characters, intense gameplay and it's just a good way to learn the game. Because after that you jump into the multiplayer. And the multiplayer is perfect. Period. The only negatives I had and made me give it a 9 and not a 10 is that in the most of the servers the crosshair is missing and the spawning system is sometimes random. And with all that said this is one of the most fun military shooters out there. Get it. Expand
  4. Nov 16, 2016
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare spices up the shooter genre with its extremely fun, detailed multiplayer along with an enjoyable campaign that brings about a new level of storyline.
  5. Nov 10, 2016
    Культовая игра.
    Наикрутейший сингл, взрывавший мозг в своё время и мультиплеер подаривший кучу эмоций и килл-стриков. Радует то, что люди ещё играют (в оригинал, а не в ремастер).
    Шедевр, который устарел лишь в плане графики.
    Культовая игра.
    Шедевр, который устарел лишь в плане графики.
  6. Nov 6, 2016
    I LOVE THİS GAME AND I MİSS SO MUCH.Activison must be create new modern warfare series because lots of call of duty fans wants come back modern warfare.
  7. Oct 25, 2016
    + Definitely the best game in the series and one of my favorite multiplayer modes of any FPS to date.
    - Sold under ten different names since release date. Yeah, they really milked this cash cow!
  8. Aug 26, 2016
    Super overrated!!!!!! Funny, good gfx, good movements, but very very very simple... no tactics, just some run run run, cover, aim, shoot, move, run run run... 7 maximum... no more!!!
  9. Aug 9, 2016
    Best Call of Duty game ever. it was a revolutionary game in 2007. The story is so beautiful with a lot of twists. I played it at least 10 times and i recommend this masterpiece
  10. Aug 7, 2016
    Let's go back to when Call of duty was good and see how good it was.

Presentation 8.5/10 It's great, it represents the story correctly. Story 9.1/10 Great parody of saddam al hussein and memorable characters Graphics-9.5/10 At the time, those were revolutionary graphics. Sound/Music-9/10 The music and sound is deep and atmospheric in this game. Online functionality-7/10
    Let's go back to when Call of duty was good and see how good it was.

Presentation 8.5/10
    It's great, it represents the story correctly.

Story 9.1/10
    Great parody of saddam al hussein and memorable characters

Graphics-9.5/10
    At the time, those were revolutionary graphics.

Sound/Music-9/10
    The music and sound is deep and atmospheric in this game.

Online functionality-7/10
    I wish you could use steam or activision's servers instead of punkbuster but it's fun to play modded servers.

Options-9/10
    There are a great amount of options in this game including turning off blood for young players but no monitor switching.

Gameplay-9.4/10
    The gameplay is just so addictive in this game that I can only play this game in one sitting, I'm sorry but it's true.

Lasting appeal-9.8/10
    This is a game that can appeal to casuals and core gamers.

Verdict: With great presentation, amazing story, breathtaking graphics, atmoshperic sound, good online functionality, superb options, spectacular gameplay and stellar appeal.
    This game is obviously amazing.

9.2/10(Amazing)
  11. Jul 10, 2016
    Questo gioco è il capostipite di tutta una serie di COD, che per un verso o per l'altro non sono mai riusciti a raggiungere lo stesso livello di perfezione. In COD 4, gli effetti cinematografici, gli scenari densi di azione, gli elicotteri abbattuti, colpiscono per la prima volta e determinano un'immersione senza pari. E questo solo osservando gli aspetti Single Player. Ovviamente, ilQuesto gioco è il capostipite di tutta una serie di COD, che per un verso o per l'altro non sono mai riusciti a raggiungere lo stesso livello di perfezione. In COD 4, gli effetti cinematografici, gli scenari densi di azione, gli elicotteri abbattuti, colpiscono per la prima volta e determinano un'immersione senza pari. E questo solo osservando gli aspetti Single Player. Ovviamente, il Multiplayer di COD4 è la Storia, con la S maiuscola, semplice ed efficace. Expand
  12. Jul 9, 2016
    This, and the rest of the CoD franchise should go and die in a pit. Easily the worst game series I have ever had the misfortune of playing. Activision should be ashamed of creating such a bland, boring and dull series.
    And one more thing, thanks for all the 8 to 12 year old kids who constantly spew insults and curse, you should be monitoring the kinds of people that play these games. You should be banned from playing this unless you're 17.
  13. Jul 6, 2016
    Cod MW is the best cod game there is. It was an enjoyable game and some people still play it using programs like Game ranger. The maps in the game are very memorable because of how unique each one was. And it has the fking deagle dude, very sexc gun. The newer cods are a pukefest and the games are just being milked out of rotting cow carcass.
  14. Jun 12, 2016
    Ever wonder why Call of Duty is so famous? Here's your answer. For every single Ghosts or Modern Warfare 3 that this franchise spews out, this, (arguably) it's direct sequel and Black Ops will tower above the rest of the mediocrities. But this title in particular.

Okay let's begin with the campaign. One of the most unusual things about Modern Warfare (especially in comparison to the many games that followed) is that the SAS team in this game actually feel like a SAS team, not a bunch of trigger happy loonies. Although there are exceptions where the game falls apart in this regard (the mission 'Heat' comes to mind). This is also the Call of Duty game which created some of the most memorable set-pieces and levels of all time, such as the genuinely shocking 'Aftermath' and 'All Ghillied Up', which is still the tensest level I've ever played in a FPS. A lot of people ignore the campaigns in CoD (rightfully so, most of the time), but you will definitely want to play through this one.

Now, the multiplayer is iffy, as PunkBuster (this game's anti-cheat for PC) is no longer functional. You can still get multiplayer to work, but be warned in this regard. With that in mind, the multiplayer is still the name of the game for most people. Call of Duty multiplayer is still quite fun, and this game even has the benefit of being an older Call of Duty. Meaning there aren't as many screaming 'Xbox Live brats' as you would find in, say, Black Ops 2.

When it comes to the technical aspect of this game, it still looks decent for an early seventh-gen title. It also holds up decently well to other Call of Duty games, although this might be due to the lack of an engine change for the later titles.

On the whole, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare has held up well, and continues to be the best thing to ever come from the Call of Duty franchise. While the newer entries are about as fun as getting a BJ from a methhead, this is still a shining example of how to do a Call of Duty game right.
  15. May 31, 2016
    Quite dated, for sure. But, personally, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare stands as the best title from the Modern Warfare saga. Anyone would love a remaster of this masterpiece. Enough said.
  16. May 28, 2016
    Singleplayer was...meh at best. I literally fell asleep once. I loved Call of Duty 1 & 2, but this was huge disappointment. I can't say much about MP since I haven't played before all those hackers and stuff.
    Still, 6/10 just because I hear it was great back in the day. I would rate it 2 otherwise.
  17. May 1, 2016
    This game follows the trail left by Allied Assault while successfully bringing the formula to the next level.This is a masterclass in single player campaign pacing and scenario. Expert and respectful checkpoint placement means that you will never redo a section previously beaten twice. Playing on hard is highly recommended as the various mechanics and level design will be more thoroughlyThis game follows the trail left by Allied Assault while successfully bringing the formula to the next level.This is a masterclass in single player campaign pacing and scenario. Expert and respectful checkpoint placement means that you will never redo a section previously beaten twice. Playing on hard is highly recommended as the various mechanics and level design will be more thoroughly experienced. The shooting is both varied and weighty. The levels are designed in such a way as to hint the player towards multiple possible tactical approaches ; Choosing to storm the inside of a building is as challenging as it should and might reward you with a unique vantage point. The various set pieces are seamlessly integrated and never feel odd or disconnected from the main mechanics. The voice acting is great and the minimalist story telling keeps the scenario engaging and fairly credible. That said, the game is clearly part of a sophisticated war propaganda machine and is likely indirectly responsible for the death of many young testosterone filled adolescents in need of adventure ; I believe this will be rightly regarded as a historical piece of Zionist propaganda down the line. The main villain's name is even named after the current president of Syria, whom the Zionists are currently trying to actively murder ; Russian patriots are also antagonized. The visuals, animations and lighting hold surprisingly well, and thoroughly immerse . Modern warfare is not only a good shooter, it is simply one of the best FPS experience of all time and deserves to be celebrated as such. Expand
  18. Apr 18, 2016
    Un aire fresco para el mundo shooter en su epoca, pasar de la segunda guerra mundial a un escenario actual con gran variedad de mapas y misiones fue un paso necesaorio a mi entender. Problemas actuales y conflictos mas faciles de entender o captar ya que se desarrollan en este tiempo hacen que sea facil seguirle la mano a la trama, sin enbargo esta no es de otro mundo aunque para unUn aire fresco para el mundo shooter en su epoca, pasar de la segunda guerra mundial a un escenario actual con gran variedad de mapas y misiones fue un paso necesaorio a mi entender. Problemas actuales y conflictos mas faciles de entender o captar ya que se desarrollan en este tiempo hacen que sea facil seguirle la mano a la trama, sin enbargo esta no es de otro mundo aunque para un shooter esta mas que bien. Buen juego, a pesar de que no saoy fanatico del genero reconozco que le di mis viciadas al juego, pero sigue siendo un shooter, aun asi esta bastante bien. Expand
  19. Mar 19, 2016
    I'm talking about single player here: It is so boring that's almost painfull. You can stay in one place for 3 hours, and the enemies will keep coming unless you rush at their position. Plot is just another one of american propaganda **** Brave Amercan soldiers rescuing the world from the bad Arab terrorists and Russian nationalists.... god please. If not the great shooting mechanic, thisI'm talking about single player here: It is so boring that's almost painfull. You can stay in one place for 3 hours, and the enemies will keep coming unless you rush at their position. Plot is just another one of american propaganda **** Brave Amercan soldiers rescuing the world from the bad Arab terrorists and Russian nationalists.... god please. If not the great shooting mechanic, this game would deserve 4/10. Expand
  20. Mar 10, 2016
    Este jogo é incrível! Eu recebi e ainda não posso parar de jogar. Os gráficos são tão detalhadas para um game e é desafiador, mas divertido e terá que jogar por horas! A história é complexa e profundamente pensado. O melhor jogo que eu já joguei de forma
  21. Feb 29, 2016
    Approached to the game inversely and the first part I played as the last one. Didn't pay with lost of fun though. Obviously too short single player, hard not to be obligated to play multi, unless (like me) you don't like playing multi.
  22. Feb 3, 2016
    The best call of duty ever.... amazing game and amazing game of war, my favourit game of war simply perfect game-------------------------------------- :D
  23. Jan 30, 2016
    this game is a classic shooter from old days, always a blast mowing down enemies with different machine guns and exploding and grenading other people at the same time XD
  24. Jan 1, 2016
    Disclaimer: Single-player only. If your a CoD fanboy, this review is not for you, just vote it down without reading, and move on.

I normally play more realistic or story focused shooters, but with most CoD fans saying this is the best one in the series, I thought I'd try it (single-player) with modest expectations. It was still a mild disappointment. Production values were fairly

It was still a mild disappointment. Production values were fairly mediocre, not what I was expecting from a highly praised big-budget game.

Graphics are ok, but nothing special, even for 2007 (inferior to Arma1, Stalker1 and Crysis which all came out the same year). Some level environments are quite nice, but most others are fairly bland and a bit too linear. Sound design is also nothing special, and lacks oomph.

The story is ok, but the missions are a very mixed bag. Almost all of them suffer from rinse-and-repeat enemy AI waves. Its all scripted, and seems to be aimed at instant gratification console peasants of below average intelligence. The US infantry missions are just a tedious shooting gallery with a shallow narrative tacked on. No matter what instructions you get from your officer, chances are they are not practical for the situation in front of you. If you deviate from the script even slightly, like attempting to flank where your not supposed to, the mission gets stuck or you get punished. At least there are a few missions with more interesting mechanics (like firing canons from a plane). The only decent conventional mission was “All gullied up” - much more atmospheric and better paced. If only the other missions were as good. You only get to do a (highly scripted) sniper shot once in the game, and only at about 150m. The campaign is quite short at 4-8 hours. The only really good thing was the few jokes your squad make now and then.

Open combat mechanics are not fun - arcade and bland. Almost every time you shoot an enemy a new one spawns right behind him, just around a corner. This creates the ludicrous consideration where you may not want to bother shooting someone to avoid dealing with the near infinite replacement enemy spawns. Weapons look nice and have great reload animations, but lack realistic power. Quite a few times the AI would ignore a bullet to the head or multiple rifle shots in the chest. Certain enemies are immune to damage if they are not “supposed” to die at that time - eg: hit a helicopter with anti-tank RPG and nothing happens. This punishes any player initiative. Enemies move without inertia. This makes aiming at them a pain. The AI will tend to just run at you mindlessly. Enemies throw grenades with machine-like accuracy and occasionally seem to be able to track your movement through walls. during training you are instructed to shoot through weak cover, but I encountered many weak surfaces that seemed to be just as effective as concrete. Friendlies are either invincible bullet sponges or get in your way (example: grenade falls at your feet and AI is blocking the only door exit).

Overall CoD4 is a fairly mediocre game (but not quite “bad”). How this became the No.1 FPS franchise seems to have little to do with merit.
  25. Dec 27, 2015
    What a dense *scripted* atmosphere! The storyline is flat and too linear - but every single mission lets you forget that fact. Graphics and physics aren't really next gen. Multiplayer is very fast and enjoyable, but not as revulutionary as some reviews want to make us believe. Squad play is much better in BF2142 I think. There are no playable vehicles. And the weapon upgrade system isWhat a dense *scripted* atmosphere! The storyline is flat and too linear - but every single mission lets you forget that fact. Graphics and physics aren't really next gen. Multiplayer is very fast and enjoyable, but not as revulutionary as some reviews want to make us believe. Squad play is much better in BF2142 I think. There are no playable vehicles. And the weapon upgrade system is nothing to write home about. But still my new favorite online shooter. Expand
  26. Dec 12, 2015
    Gameplay : 9
    Graphics : 9
    Story : 9
    Sound : 10
    Overall : 9
  27. Dec 1, 2015
    If you have been living under a rock and have yet to play call of duty then this is definitely the place to start. The story is excellent and the gameplay makes you feel like you're part of the military. It makes a great nod to the older cfall of duty's while setting a standard for the fps genre. Definitely play this game and be sad that you missed the high points of its multiplayer.
  28. Dec 1, 2015
    BEST Call of duty game EVER . .
  29. Nov 23, 2015
    The game is just amazing. I love play this game. For me this game is amazing ! Nothing more to comment because this game is amazing ! I rate this 10/10
  30. Nov 22, 2015
    A great game, but probably the most overated FPS on the PS3. I only first played this game in 2015 just to try it out and although I had fun, there were a few small things that irked me a little.

First off, the good: -A super fun, challenging FPS with amazing level design -Live multiplayer is still active as of late 2015 and is a blast to play The Bad: -The environment could have

First off, the good:
    -A super fun, challenging FPS with amazing level design
    -Live multiplayer is still active as of late 2015 and is a blast to play

The Bad:
    -The environment could have been tweaked better, ei. the sky and grass doesn't move and the graphics aren't as good as Resistance:Fall of Man which game out a year before
    -There isn't much to the single player campaign, it would have been nice to collect more items and unlock more features or skills based on your style of playing
    -The characters are pretty impersonable unlike other FPS games like Killzone 2, Bad Company 2 and Wolfenstein

Overall the game is still a lot of fun, I guess I just thought that it would be a step up from Resistance: Fall of Man since ot came out a year later. Regardless, I can still understand why it's a classic.
  31. Nov 21, 2015
    Best Game Of The World Of All Time.
    Story, Musics & Sounds and Voices, Gameplay and Graphic of 2007.
    Remember Cpt. Price, Soap MacTavish and Zakhaev!
    Remember 15 years ago ...
  32. Nov 16, 2015
    Awesome game! Campaign was amazing, not to mention "All Ghillied Up" as the coolest mission. The storyline made alot of sense, compared to MW2 where there were several obvious plot holes. Multiplayer was also super fun, with basic killstreaks, with just UAV, airstrike and heli. The perks were very balanced, as juggernaut could be stopped by stopping power. There were some useless ones likeAwesome game! Campaign was amazing, not to mention "All Ghillied Up" as the coolest mission. The storyline made alot of sense, compared to MW2 where there were several obvious plot holes. Multiplayer was also super fun, with basic killstreaks, with just UAV, airstrike and heli. The perks were very balanced, as juggernaut could be stopped by stopping power. There were some useless ones like eavesdrop. Who the HELL uses that? And that x3 frags was annoying as f*ck. Both aspects were good, with a couple but minor flaws. Like that mission Heat. Going down to the LZ was tough, plus on veteran the OpFor spawned INFINITELY! I don't know if MW2 or MW3 did that, since I didn't play them on veteran yet, but spamming all those grenades really made my break a couple keys on my keyboard. Expand
  33. Nov 6, 2015
    Singly player is cliche now only because it is one of the first big modern military shooters, but holds up well enough and is diverse (missions have elements of gunship support, assault, stealth, defense, house-to-house search and destroy, tactical retreat). There's no ridiculous Hollywood setpieces like in MW2 and MW3 which is a plus for me. The shock and awe moment was pretty spectacularSingly player is cliche now only because it is one of the first big modern military shooters, but holds up well enough and is diverse (missions have elements of gunship support, assault, stealth, defense, house-to-house search and destroy, tactical retreat). There's no ridiculous Hollywood setpieces like in MW2 and MW3 which is a plus for me. The shock and awe moment was pretty spectacular when viewed for the first time, although I did not feel emotion for Jackson as he expired (come on if you want to tell a anti-war narrative a 5 min section of game will not deliver the message). The ending was as brutal as it needed to be I suppose, not everyone lives in wars fictional or not, but the important characters live.

The multiplayer is, again, dull by today's standards, but it set the standard for all CoD's to follow. Killstreaks, perks, class creation, challenges, and ranks, are all present in the most recent CoDs. Gameplay wise the perks are somewhat unbalanced, but then again, this is the first time so it's understandable. The weapons had a oddball in the MP44 from IW's WWII days but were generally balanced enough for online play. AK's and MP5s rules yes, but M16's and M40A3's don't drool either. Frag *3 and martyrdoom are shyt annoying especially on small maps, but they're really situational and bandolier is far more utilitarian in its usefulness. The PC version is also noted as the last CoD with dedicated servers, some of which still runs today and are administrated by private parties/clans who keep the game clean for the players.

This game came out 8 years ago, and the gaming industry have changed considerably. Call of Duty have been at least one of the leaders of the FPS genere to this day and owe its success and infamy to CoD4's innovations. Personally this game spans the longest time for me by far. I started playing this in 2009 on a GeForce 9800 GT and now in 2015, a GTX 960. CoD4 the game I would rate 7/10 now, and 10/10 in 2007. Although one day in the future, when I look back at the early years of the CoD franchaise, I would rate CoD4 20/10 for its contributions to the genre.

PS: Eavesdrop is the worst perk of all time in Call of Duty history, never use it. Same goes for MP44
  34. Nov 1, 2015
    one of the best call of duty ever made.
    If you looking for a great call of duty you should get this one. back were games were made for players to have fun and playing online for more than just 1 year. back to the times were call of duty wasnt a money printing game for acitvision
  35. Oct 14, 2015
    Review Call of Duty Black Ops 1
    Review Call of Duty Black Ops 1
    This game is very good you can rid plans and shoot guns and you can frown bombs and that’s the good point about the game. You can blow up cars and smash glass windows if you think you are that good you can kill people with knifes and you can pick up their guns and other stuff. This game is not recommended for a five years old because it has too much visions in this games. You can kill people bye frowning bombs the sound is normal and you can’t go on to every part of the filled, because they booked of parts of it so you only get a part of a fill to play.
  36. Sep 19, 2015
    Competent online and a boring story make this a mixed bag for me.
    Online is addicting and straightforward, graphics are pretty decent for the time and the sound is okay, my problem being that the weapons don't sound as good as other games in the market at the time. Now, the singleplayer aspect is boring, using a cliché storyline.
  37. Sep 10, 2015
    This is the best Call of Duty ever made. The multiplayer is epic and the campaign is the best I've ever played in and FPS game. The only complaint I have is that you can't shoot through walls and objects like the newer cod's.
  38. Aug 31, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. best cod ever. this and halo 3 were fantasic. spolier alert... when the nuke went out in cod 4. if was shocked when 3,000 men died. that was a bone-ass moment. mulitplayer, i did a 360 noscope with a r700 sniper. if you love cod please pick this one up. Expand
  39. Jul 2, 2015
    This game was amazing for its time, due to it being innovative, its good story telling, new setting, addicting multiplayer and simplistic design.

Simply A Masterpiece.
  40. Jun 15, 2015
    Previously pretty hardcore playing Counter Strike: Source as well as Counter Strike: Global Offensive, CoD 4 was pretty solid. I didn't expect much out of it originally, but it has turned out to be very good and somewhat less smurf and cheater filled than the Counter Strike community as a whole. I noticed as there is no voice chat, all the "Yo Momma" jokes go away magically, making you aPreviously pretty hardcore playing Counter Strike: Source as well as Counter Strike: Global Offensive, CoD 4 was pretty solid. I didn't expect much out of it originally, but it has turned out to be very good and somewhat less smurf and cheater filled than the Counter Strike community as a whole. I noticed as there is no voice chat, all the "Yo Momma" jokes go away magically, making you a god immune to annoying kids who aren't mature enough to play Call of Duty. Bravo, Infinity Ward. I feel like this will somewhat replace CS in my daily game playing agenda. Expand
  41. May 27, 2015
    I assume this is all about the multi player since the single player campaign sucks. Enemies keep coming in bunches; their AI is dumb as hell and most missions are quite easy unless for this Chernobyl mission which was too hard. Only positive aspect are the weapons. Somehow I never liked the CoD franchise (CoD 1, CoD 2, and this Cod 4).
  42. May 16, 2015
    I love fps games it's my favorite. Multi player is best and the campaign......... wow!!! Nice graphic, nice guns, nice story, good levels. And the captain Price ,,Tango is down". Come on just play. (even ,today after eight years)
  43. Mar 29, 2015
    A masterpiece of a shooter buy it at all costs!
    Great singleplayer and multiplayer would like to see co op but for that you have cod 5 world at war...
  44. Feb 3, 2015
    Decent military styled shooter that came after Countrer-Strike's success. Unfortunately the multiplayer experience is imbalanced and can't hold a candle to the Counter-Strike eSports scene.
  45. Dec 17, 2014
    This is an alright game

IF killing people is your thing, only buy this...

Overall, bad gameplay and one type of enemy with interactive movie action
  46. Dec 6, 2014
    Modern Warfare is a fantastic game and a true classic. Both the single and multi players are exceptional. My breakdown is as follows:

1. Graphics: 8/10 - excellent for its time
    2. Gameplay: 8/10 - great controls, and satisfying gameplay
    3. Story: 7/10 - interesting story, but relatively simple.
    4. Multiplayer: 8/10 - competitive and fun

Overall, an excellent game.
  47. Dec 3, 2014
    It is one of the best games, especially COD series. I mean at least for me it is just a good game. I hope these 2 series game you will be as good as the first one.
  48. Nov 19, 2014
    One of the best shooter out there!
    The campaign was excellent, the online mode was a milestone.
    For me this is definitely the best Call of Duty, the single player I play nowadays. The online mode exactly

Perfect, I would hope, CoD makes something like this again.
  49. Nov 6, 2014
    Beste game ever made in the Call of duty series, outstanding gameplay, hours of fun, great graphs, this game got everything you would expect from a modern first person shooter
  50. Nov 4, 2014
    Best FPS I have ever played. Of all the COD games out there I could play I would chose this 7 year old game over a 1 year old piece of crap.
    10/10 would recommend.
  51. Oct 27, 2014
    Great fun. A bit shallow compared to the Battlefield series of games in my opionion since there are no vehicles, but obviously, it doesn't have that ambition. Great maps, good fun and nice atmosphere. Pretty bad sounds though, especially the gun sounds sound very digitally constructed. All in all a great game.
  52. Oct 19, 2014
    Okay, let me explain my rating. This game was probably the greatest Call of Duty game I've ever played. The multiplayer was great. The maps were great, I played it for 2 hours straight once I bought it on sale on steam.

The problem is, that was the only time I was able to play it. Okay, so maybe it is my fault for having windows 8.1 and not checking for compatibility issues, and

The problem is, that was the only time I was able to play it.

Okay, so maybe it is my fault for having windows 8.1 and not checking for compatibility issues, and maybe I can't blame them if I'm trying to run an old game on windows 8.1. However, It doesn't work with me on windows 8 or 8.1 (Because I tried both). I will give it a 3 because of how much fun it was until it stopped working. I wouldn't have even done the review, but I wanted to point out to anyone interested that it doesn't work with 8.1 (at least for me).
  53. Aug 27, 2014
  54. Aug 21, 2014
    10/10 it was Alright - ihaterunescape1
    I have a tiny penis, now the game play was **** my score was **** my mum told me i was a noob camper and took the controller and played it herself, i haven't been able to use the tv or seen her since, she hasn't left the room since last year, is she ded?
  55. Aug 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. call of duty 4 modern warfare is the best game ever, the gameplay is fast and simple, so many weapons, very few cheats, maps of normal size and if you have a clan this game is for you Expand
  56. Aug 11, 2014
    Many people consider this to be the best Call of Duty game to date and I can agree with them. The game has very interesting campaign with very likeable characters. Missions take place all over the world with a many different objectives. There's a huge variety of weapons both in singleplayer and multiplayer. Multiplayer was also very good, there's a lot of people still playing and it has aMany people consider this to be the best Call of Duty game to date and I can agree with them. The game has very interesting campaign with very likeable characters. Missions take place all over the world with a many different objectives. There's a huge variety of weapons both in singleplayer and multiplayer. Multiplayer was also very good, there's a lot of people still playing and it has a neat level up system. Graphics are also very good. All in all I have to say that this is one of the most fun FPS I've ever played and it might be one of the best FPS overall. Expand
  57. faf
    Aug 6, 2014
    I recently decided to replay the entire Call of Duty series and started with CoD4. Even after almost 6 years the game remains epic. The single player campaign starts to feel slightly linear when you get near the end but it doesn't have much of an impact on the game-play and it all remains one big action packed ride from the first time you pull the trigger to the last. Did not get intoI recently decided to replay the entire Call of Duty series and started with CoD4. Even after almost 6 years the game remains epic. The single player campaign starts to feel slightly linear when you get near the end but it doesn't have much of an impact on the game-play and it all remains one big action packed ride from the first time you pull the trigger to the last. Did not get into multiplayer again but from what I remember from the many hours spent playing it was brilliant. Expand
  58. Jul 26, 2014
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. I know what you are thinking: haven't I given this game a terrible review before? Well, to tell you the truth, the real reasons why I didn't like this game at first are that for one thing, so many people hate this series' most recent installments. Along with that, I just couldn't get over how the Search and Destroy multiplayer mode was just a carbon copy ofCall of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. I know what you are thinking: haven't I given this game a terrible review before? Well, to tell you the truth, the real reasons why I didn't like this game at first are that for one thing, so many people hate this series' most recent installments. Along with that, I just couldn't get over how the Search and Destroy multiplayer mode was just a carbon copy of Counter-Strike. However, I then played the original Call of Duty (back when the game was WWII based rather than a fictional modern war), and I really enjoyed it. I then wondered: should I give this game another try? So, did I enjoy this game more the second time around, or do I still want to attack the people that created this game? Let's find out. This game plays a lot like any other first-person shooter. You have multiple weapons, there are plenty of enemies to fight, and pretty much everything else that makes a shooter what it is. The difference between this game and the others is that this game is much more cinematic. Because this game takes place in a modern war, you will often be fighting with squad members, explosions and firefights going on in the background, and many more enemies to fight than in a normal shooter. This game also succeeds where I have seen many other shooters fail: when I play this game, I actually feel like I'm in the middle of a war. While there have been shooters that prove that war is not necessary to make a good shooter, (Half-Life 1, BioShock, Doom, Borderlands), Call of Duty 4 really shines in how it makes you feel like you're in the middle of a war. I originally harshly criticized this game's AI. However, looking back at it, the AI really isn't that bad. At the very least, it does get the job done of making you feel like you're in a war. The game may also be very easy, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun. It is also redundant, but it is redundant in a way that is fresh and enjoyable. As for the lack of skill, as it turns out, I was also wrong here. It does actually require some skill to kill enemies. In the end, the single player campaign is actually pretty good, and I don't know why I didn't enjoy it at first. As for the multiplayer, I actually enjoyed it a lot more the second time around when I played it. Yes, its modes are taken from other shooters, however, it feels far more fresh and new here. In Unreal Tournament team deathmatch, your team is mostly spread out, and you fight through corridors. Here, you all start out in the same spot, and you fight in much more open areas. The same goes for normal deathmatch and domination. As for Search and Destroy, while it does rip-off Counter-Strike, it also makes more of a use of the open maps. It also has two unique modes called Headquarters and Sabotage that are really fun to play. Also, I criticized the kill streaks in my first review, but I now realize that the kill streaks actually make the game far more unique, and not just "Unreal Tournament in Modern Warfare". The gameplay of this game is actually pretty enjoyable, and I have no idea why I criticized it at first. As for the graphics, while they do look somewhat dated even by 2007, they certainly don't look muddy. They actually look really good. The environments are actually very well detailed, and pretty to look at. The soldiers look good too. It may not look as good as Crysis or BioShock, both of which were released on the same year, but it still looks quite good nonetheless. As for the story, I originally thought it was terrible because it was too easy to understand and explain. However, I now realize that I was wrong about this. It is actually good because it is easy to understand and explain. Basically the British and the U.S. Army have to go across the world to Russia and the Middle East in order to stop terrible men from taking over the world. The game may have a huge lack of character development, but I feel like it's not really needed here. In fact, the game is good enough with out that. The story may not be as good as the gameplay and graphics, but it is compelling enough to be interested in. Overall, this game is nowhere near is bad as I initially said it was. I was letting the haters of this franchise cloud my judgement. It really is a pretty solid game. I would recommend it to pretty much anyone who is a shooter fanboy. It is not the best shooter ever made or anything. However, it is safe to say I will not criticize this franchise anymore. To all of you Call of Duty players out there who want to play the game, go right ahead. I will not even try to stop you.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 9/10
    Story: 8/10
    Overall: 9/10
  59. Jul 22, 2014
    In my opinion the best call of duty in the series. The story is good the multiplayer is good and people are still playing it. I highly recommend getting it at full price and definitely on a sale.
  60. Jul 11, 2014
    next to halo 3, the best mp game ever. after that all cod´s were ****
  61. Jun 26, 2014
    Honestly I couldn't even pick this one out of the billion entries of this series if they were in a line-up, and I only played 2 of the series. Smooth controls.... it's a shooter with a bunch of pricks playing online and some kind of ridiculous story for the 40 minute, linear campaign. I guess it was fun enough.
  62. Jun 17, 2014
    Я считаю, что эта часть серии игр Call of Duty самая лучшая как по сюжету так и по multyplayer. Эта игра мне запомнилась миссией в, которой нужно спасти и нести генерала Милана когда его ноги сломала вертушка вражеского вертолета. Мультипеер очень интересный и прост в освоении.Я считаю, что эта часть серии игр Call of Duty самая лучшая как по сюжету так и по multyplayer. Эта игра мне запомнилась миссией в, которой нужно спасти и нести генерала Милана когда его ноги сломала вертушка вражеского вертолета. Мультипеер очень интересный и прост в освоении.
  63. Jun 15, 2014
    Graphics,mechanics,maneuver,sound,etc,all of it are just marvelous.
    The work of FPS most imitated by most other FPS,too exaggerated?
    Modern Warfare 1&2 are both good. 图像,游戏机制,操控,音效以及等等,所有部分都令人惊叹。 第一人称射击游戏中被最多其他第一人称射击游戏模仿最多的,是不是太夸张了? 现代战争1和2两代都是好作品。
    Graphics,mechanics,maneuver,sound,etc,all of it are just marvelous.
    The work of FPS most imitated by most other FPS,too exaggerated?
    Modern Warfare 1&2 are both good.
    图像,游戏机制,操控,音效以及等等,所有部分都令人惊叹。
    第一人称射击游戏中被最多其他第一人称射击游戏模仿最多的,是不是太夸张了?
    现代战争1和2两代都是好作品。
  64. May 30, 2014
    The gunplay in this game is solid. The missions are interesting, but the plot and characters are boring. Not the greatest of games but it's a fun game that fans of FPS games will enjoy.
  65. May 29, 2014
    Mediocre game all things considered. While the game has some excellent set pieces and fun sequences it ultimately doesn't make up for the incredibly stupid A.I. and the extremely cheap deaths you will experience. The gameplay can easily descend into you picking off incredibly dumb enemies as they respawn and run to the same pre-determined spot over and over, even as their dead bodies pileMediocre game all things considered. While the game has some excellent set pieces and fun sequences it ultimately doesn't make up for the incredibly stupid A.I. and the extremely cheap deaths you will experience. The gameplay can easily descend into you picking off incredibly dumb enemies as they respawn and run to the same pre-determined spot over and over, even as their dead bodies pile up to the ceiling while your allies fire inaccurately at them refusing to push forward. When you do push forward the game becomes very difficult as enemies really only pose a threat at close range when you get in the way of their precious pre-programmed spots as you can easily find yourself taking fire from several directions at once, this wouldn't be a problem if friendly NPCs supported you when you advance, but since they don't enjoy getting turned into Swiss cheese. Like I said there are some excellent sequences, but ultimately the game feels like a few very talented people trying to make up for the incompetence of several others, and that is how the game plays, some good sequences trying to make up for some awful gameplay. Expand
  66. May 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It have been a while since I played this game but I remember every second of it. The campaign was really intense and 1 of the best of the COD series. Also it was the last COD that was really ahead of its time. Its a shame the developers of COD started to care more about their purse then about their fans. This is why I stopped loving this series, a shame. Expand
  67. Apr 26, 2014
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a perfect example of an FPS with both amazing multiplayer and singleplayer. It also introduced the whole RPG-based level-up system, causing many gamers to spend any sort of social life they had left on this addictive level-up system.
  68. Apr 25, 2014
    I love this game. The multiplayer is fun and the single player is actually good. But since there is too many hackers, I can't have as much fun as I used to.
  69. Apr 6, 2014
    one of the biggest most exciting game i have ever played . Call of duty series is the fun games i have ever played . there so much better and a lot fun . Grade A+
  70. Mar 28, 2014
    Singleplayer is a total joke. The SP is a linear rollercoaster from start to finish, enemy is stupid as a log, weapons offer no variety.

Multiplayer is skill-less punching around. You heal by sucking your thumb behind a cover, you have to aimdownsights and stop to hit **** you call killstrikes and use weaponloadouts. Noob gaming at it's best. Call of **** 4. This is the same as Call

Call of **** 4. This is the same as Call of **** 2. Copy paste at it's best. Steer clear.
  71. Mar 26, 2014
    The best call of duty ever!!!
    The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of duty ever!!! The best call of
  72. Mar 18, 2014
    best call of duty game that was ever made,6 games later and they still did not made a game that even can compete to this one. great great gameplay. hours of fun!
  73. Mar 12, 2014
    That's one of my favorite games. An epic story that should impress every player. The events and the characters are well chosen. And the gameplay is unprecedented. The multiplayer is an amazing fun. A masterpiece. That's good entertainment.
  74. Mar 9, 2014
    Can't believe this game is almost 7 years old. I have playd this game for years and for me CoD4 is the last real Call of Duty. Singleplayer campaign is really short, but for its time it was breathtaking. Multiplayer is the best part of this game. Promod is making it one of the best progaming titles of all the time and even if this game is not one of the most played mutliplayer FPSs now,Can't believe this game is almost 7 years old. I have playd this game for years and for me CoD4 is the last real Call of Duty. Singleplayer campaign is really short, but for its time it was breathtaking. Multiplayer is the best part of this game. Promod is making it one of the best progaming titles of all the time and even if this game is not one of the most played mutliplayer FPSs now, there is a lot of good servers where you cal play. Expand
  75. Feb 28, 2014
    By far the best Call of Duty. It set a spark in the gaming world and to this day the same engine and graphics are used in the newest Call of Duties. Unlike every other Call of Duty title (except for the sequels) you actually want to do the campaign and the campaign is amazing at that. The multiplayer for this set the standard for all coming multiplayer games to live up to. I don't thinkBy far the best Call of Duty. It set a spark in the gaming world and to this day the same engine and graphics are used in the newest Call of Duties. Unlike every other Call of Duty title (except for the sequels) you actually want to do the campaign and the campaign is amazing at that. The multiplayer for this set the standard for all coming multiplayer games to live up to. I don't think the world of gaming would be the same without it and it is without a doubt a masterpiece. Expand
  76. Feb 21, 2014
    2007 nyeonttae really huge impact and left a lingering game. Now a lot of time in the past, then the impact is not eternal but feel though that great masterpiece!
  77. Feb 8, 2014
    The only good Modern Warfare game. It has a great campaign mode and it's more original than the others. And it has the greatest Multiplayer without a doubt. There is nothing really original and useful innovation after this game. C'mon Activision!!
  78. Jan 31, 2014
    In an ideal world, the masses would still be playing this game, as it is essentially identical to MW:Ghosts. Unfortunately people are stupid and they purchase re-hashed versions of COD4 over and over again so the player population is all over the place.

Seriously, this game defined the shooter genre we know today. No need to buy "new" shooters.
  79. Jan 17, 2014
    Bought it 6 years ago. 6 YEARS AGO. I'm still occasionally playing it to this day. Unlike recent cods, this game has an absolute amazing multiplayer gameplay, with maps in various different sizes and designs for all players except 64v64 madnesses.

Weapon balancing is great, leveling progression is somewhat decent. I'm dissapointed they didn't add prestiges for the PC version which is the reason I'm giving this an 8 instead of a 9 or 10.

Modding coudn't be less great! You want to play zombies? Okay, heres a server. You want to play promod? Okay, heres a server. You want to play paintball? Okay, heres a server!

IW did a great job on this game, but it really was the community which gave it such an excellent flavour.
  80. Jan 10, 2014
    Линейный сюжет, плохие русские... В мультиплеере нормально нельзя зарегистрироваться. Отсюда вот такая оценка. Хотя для запада война с русскими это уже традиция.
  81. Jan 7, 2014
    it is an awesome game probably the last one or one of the last good call of duty game. now they are doing some crap stuff with the call of duty games but they were doing awesome game before how this happened but this game as beautifull graphics it's a very good game at my eyes can't blame this game yes it is a litlle short but it still deserve a 10/10
  82. Jan 2, 2014
    I've played all Call of Duty games (yes, all!) and this is the crown jewel. It's simply one of the best games I've ever played. I've spent hours and hours playing it, and the fact that now in 2014 there are loads of people still out there playing multi-player says a lot. The only other COD game that comes close to the greatness of this game is MW2. The others are more or less forgettable.
  83. Dec 30, 2013
    i am not a big fan of the call of duty franchise, but this game is completely different, the multi-player aspect is absolutely brilliant, especially the search and destroy game-mode, in my opinion even the best of the complete franchise. The single player mode is a bit short, but also brilliant. I've been playing this game for a couple of years now, and i still can't get enough of it.
  84. Dec 25, 2013
    There is only one word to say about this game: AWESOME. Infinity Ward did succeeded in getting rid of the old-fashion WWII-based script to create a whole new imaginary yet quite realistic world of wars and chaos, which impressed me completely. This is, for sure, the best game of the year
  85. Nov 23, 2013
    I've played the fantastic campaign for this game multiple times and have spent many hours on the even-more-fantastic multiplayer. I've played all of the Call of Duty titles since and none of them have a campaign near as good as on Call of Duty 4, and only World at War comes close to being as fun as the multiplayer on this one.
  86. Nov 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare is the first COD game I ever owned. This is the only COD game i think is better then Battlefield. -Battlefield 4 But the reason it is so good is becuase you can connect to the characters in the campaign and also the modding community is amazing! It's so good they have such good mods eg. Star Wars mod and Prop hunt. The gameplay is spectacular and all the guns feel real. There were a few jumpy bits. Like in one of the missions dogs jump you. You can hear them but you can't see them. My favoraite mission is War Pig. I love seeing the AI being slaughtered in that mission.
    I recommend this game till the day I die. I will never forget this game!
  87. Nov 16, 2013
    The game that defined a whole generation of First-Person Shooters.

The game that defined a whole generation of First-Person Shooters.

The fourth major installment and arguably the best Call of Duty game ever, this is Modern Warfare. The series takes it's departure from their typical World War II games and strolls into modern-day war in the most epic and cinematic way. While playing the game, you actually feel like you're in the action and your NPC brothers in arms have feeling and seems really humane, from the graphics to the sound. Multiplayer also takes a big step up, but the focus on the game seems more weighted toward the online modes than other aspects. Playing with your buds have never been so fun. This my friends is a winner, but I'm unsure if the series or military shooters in general is taking a turn for the best or worse because of this game....
  88. Nov 14, 2013
    Best of the series. Great graphics, good map layouts, decent arsenal and fun fast paced action. Satisfiying Multiplayer experience. Even for today you can always come back to it and play. Golden times before IW turned into an money hoe.
  89. Nov 14, 2013
    Also were able to do before Infinity Ward Call of-Duty. All on 10 points, nowhere reproach. The best part in the series! All those who did not play, running for a gamepad or keyboard!
  90. Nov 13, 2013
    COD4 multiplayer had a lot of unique features and PERKS that were balanced and gave fresh feel that had me keep coming back for many hours. Over the hours of play some people would find perks they found that other players had that were annoying but yet it played a roll in the balance of things and this IMHO was a key successor for most of my enjoyment. Being able to switch things up andCOD4 multiplayer had a lot of unique features and PERKS that were balanced and gave fresh feel that had me keep coming back for many hours. Over the hours of play some people would find perks they found that other players had that were annoying but yet it played a roll in the balance of things and this IMHO was a key successor for most of my enjoyment. Being able to switch things up and have fun and even doing lobbies with friends. Looking back I appreciate no care packages and the wide range of the maps some maps had choke points, some were round and open and there really was not a formula for maps like there is in their other installments. Overall the multiplayer had me hooked but the only downfall is the campaign can be slightly disappointing. Expand
  91. Nov 9, 2013
    This game revolutionized the series. Great graphics, simple jump in and play gameplay and mainly loads and loads of fun. The singleplayer, although short, was loads of fun as well. I must have spent a couple hundred hours on this game's multiplayer. Definitely the best in the series, too bad they turned it into a corporate cash cow after this game and didn't just leave it at that
  92. Nov 7, 2013
    The Call of Duty's fame started here. This is the best Call of Duty yet! Graphics were too much for 2007, gameplay is freaking great and the multiplayer is the best! This is really worth your money and it's better than Call of Duty: Ghosts.
  93. Nov 6, 2013
    User Interface 10/10
    Sounds 10/10
    Music 10/10
  94. Oct 27, 2013
    Am I the only one who enjoys cod4 multiplayer more than Team Fortress 2 after the Uber Update?
  95. Oct 23, 2013
    This game, at this time, is not the current best MP, in my opinion. But when this game came out... It set the bar for MP in FPS's. By far being the most polished at it's time, COD 4 was the highest point in the Call of Duty series. This game is THE game that people base generic FPS's off of, to this day. And to that... I can't praise it enough since FPS is my favorite genre. HIGHLYThis game, at this time, is not the current best MP, in my opinion. But when this game came out... It set the bar for MP in FPS's. By far being the most polished at it's time, COD 4 was the highest point in the Call of Duty series. This game is THE game that people base generic FPS's off of, to this day. And to that... I can't praise it enough since FPS is my favorite genre. HIGHLY recommend for anyone who likes a great shooter. Expand
  96. Oct 22, 2013
    The Call of Duty series since inception has been a title about high energy dramatic set pieces against a backdrop of World War II. Under the careful guidance of WWII digital veterans Infinity Ward the series dips its toe into the messy politics of the 21st century. Pacing is intensified over any previous installment as small sandbox set pieces are delivered in rapid succession giving fewThe Call of Duty series since inception has been a title about high energy dramatic set pieces against a backdrop of World War II. Under the careful guidance of WWII digital veterans Infinity Ward the series dips its toe into the messy politics of the 21st century. Pacing is intensified over any previous installment as small sandbox set pieces are delivered in rapid succession giving few moments of breath or contemplation to the gravity of unfolding events. Moving satellite photos and news reports thrust the player in and out of conflicts all over the globe never giving the player a chance to ever fully explore or tire of any location.

The world of Modern Warfare is vast, chaotic and chillingly relevant. The high octane set pieces are designed to rival anything Hollywood has tried to create at a high cost of not connecting with any individual characters you inhabit. Perhaps that is the point? Every character while in the moment is vitally trying to control an always out of control situation. The chain of circumstances begins with the execution of an unnamed middle eastern president who is gagged and partially blindfolded. His view becomes your own, as his restricted vision and mobility heighten our engagement with a war torn city as you
    are escorted to your death experienced first hand. The footage is shown to the world kick starting a world wide series of events that hosts post-September 11 fears tempered with the realities of US and Russian corruption.

The game never tires leading up to a terrifying nuclear detonation, the lack of mental breaks can bring on fatigue but definitely provides the template for a new genre of action experiences that Hollywood may one day mimic. Not an evolution of the action genre, but a dramatic off shoot that leaves little room to out extreme in the future without delving into the farcical or pure fantasy.
  97. Oct 8, 2013
    con grandes realismos es juego es lo mejor en la epoca de la guerra para el 2007 este juego esta mejor hecho que todos los demas espero ver mas despues
  98. Oct 3, 2013
    I had given up on finding a truly satisfying multi-player experience after Halo had dropped. This game got me back into gaming again. I tried the Battlefield series and still the game play feel of CoD is superior. I just wish COD4 was still as popular today as it was before.
  99. Sep 2, 2013
    Just irritating and annoying. This was my first intro to CoD. What a crock of bleh. If this game was written to show how miserable it is to be in war, it succeeded. The single player missions have semi random checksaves that force you to relive scenario after scenario even if you are literally backed into a corner. The NPCs scream the same annoying comments again and again and thenJust irritating and annoying. This was my first intro to CoD. What a crock of bleh. If this game was written to show how miserable it is to be in war, it succeeded. The single player missions have semi random checksaves that force you to relive scenario after scenario even if you are literally backed into a corner. The NPCs scream the same annoying comments again and again and then you have the sheer joy of quicksaves when dogs show up. Even with infinite reloads, this was just an unpleasant experiance I'd rather not repeat. Expand
  100. Aug 31, 2013
    This is a brilliant game and it very enjoyable. Finally the setting has changed so no more WW2 but the beginning of WW3. The characters are also great and overall it is a thrilling experience.

1. PC Gamer UK
    A beautifully crafted first-person shooter, but without a compelling context. How much does that matter? To me, a little. Not a lot, but it nags. [Dec 2007, p.73]
    Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.
  3. It’s absolutely relentless in its assault on the senses and never lets up until the last trigger has been squeezed. The multiplayer is even better, with the perks and weapon upgrades acting as a balance to the lack of vehicles.