4.4

1. Nov 4, 2014
    No dedicated servers. Same terrible netcode. Avoid at all costs. Until they reinstate dedicated server support for this series the online competitive multiplayer is officially dead due to horrible lag. 0/10.
  2. Nov 4, 2014
    Not supporting dedicated servers is an insult to the superiority that is the PC master race. Maybe console gamers can handle the variable latency issues, but I won't.
  3. Nov 4, 2014
    Unlike others, I'll explain why this game is bad.

1) Netcode. It's the same as all previous CoDs, peer-to-peer "servers". Horrible latency causes people to seemingly die in 1 shot, while others get a huge advantage. It's their horrible netcode that tries to balance ping with play. It never works and never will. 2) Same old stuff, new look. Only now we can call it "CoD:
    Unlike others, I'll explain why this game is bad.

2) Same old stuff, new look. Only now we can call it "CoD: Titanfall edition". If you're looking for a skilled team game that takes good aim and situational awareness, this isn't it. People just fly around guns blazing all the time.

3) "Classic" modes, where they take out the exo suit movement, brings it back down a notch to the skilled play area. If this mode catches on, it could make the experience much better.

4) Posistional audio is horrible. On multiple tested headsets, including the Logitech G930 and the Psyko Audio 5.1 real sound sets, there is virtually no rear channels. Good luck hearing anyone behind you.

5) Graphics are ok, but nothing new by any means. I play 4k with 3x GTX 980's in SLI. The game itself runs crisp and smooth but nothing to get excited over.

So there you have it. Pretty much the same problems that plague older releases.....and why Acitivision / whoever makes it this year make no attempts to fix it is beyond my reasoning. Horrible netcode, monkeys flying around everywhere, same ole' same ole'.

And for the love of buddah do not bother trying to snipe. It's like trying to swat a fly buzzing around your skull with a postage stamp.
  4. Nov 4, 2014
    At first I thought that there was something wrong with the game settings since I have been hearing how great the graphics were. I had everything cranked, even with supersampling and I could still see muddy textures and terrible aliasing. I couldn't help but wonder if this is a AAA title or a FTP MP game.
    Graphics aside, this is a corridor shooter that isn't worth the money. I feel cheated :(
    Last time I buy a CoD game.....ever.
  5. Nov 6, 2014
    While this is an 'Okay' game, its not worth the 60€ they are asking.
    The amount of bugs in the multiplayer system is insane, and the P2P connection (no dedicated servers) is one big **** up on their side. It's laggy and the game crashes, the server are so unstable right now it's just to laugh at.
    Gameplay is just about the same as all other CoD games out there, with a few improvements..
  6. Nov 4, 2014
    Let me preface this review by stating I'm in my thirties and losing my reaction time faster than my hair. However I have played every iteration of COD and feel slightly more qualified to comment than a multitude of adolescents who claims this is the "Best COD ever" having only played Ghosts before AW.

After the utter shambles that was COD Ghosts I wasn't expecting much from Advanced Warfare but like a moth to a flame I dutifully purchased AW hoping I wouldn't get burned.

After merely minutes in single player it was immediately apparent this was a vast improvement on Ghosts. The game actually ran properly - no stuttering in the menu, the mouse actually moved where you wanted it to and it didn't take a fortnight to load each mission. Add to that the fact they've added a multitude of PC specific options in the menu and so far so good!

Fast forward a couple of hours and I was really enjoying single player. It's a decent storyline, it looks good (as good as this engine can look) and sounds great. Maybe this years COD isn't going to be so bad after all?!?

Then I tried multiplayer. On dear... Let me use an analogy - Take a room full of young children who suffer from hyperactivity. Sit them down and feed them copious amounts of full fat Coke, chocolate, and sweets with plenty of E numbers. Now let them outside to play nicely... Yeah chaos ensues! Some kids are running around in circles, some are climbing all over boxes, some are in trees, some keep sneaking up on you and kicking you in the shins. It's complete and utter chaos! That's pretty much multiplayer in Advanced Warfare.

Any sense of strategy or tactics goes out the window the seconds that countdown hits zero. It's very much every man for himself as players bounce round the map in circles. Lining up a shot? Wait he's now bounced super gummy bear style behind you and stuck his first through your skull. Ok so you slowly get used to the fact it's no longer a case of looking in the "usual" spots and instead you spend just as much time looking at the sky as you do around corners but hey it's "different"!

You should also note that while developers have confirmed dedicated servers are coming, quite why they're coming after release date I'm not sure, until then you're at the mercy of P2P. One minute you'll have four bars, the next one bar, and repeat..

All in all it's a great single player campaign but, for this reviewer at least, a poor multiplayer game.
  7. Nov 7, 2014
    As we all should know by this point, buying any Call of Duty release during it's launch window is a gamble. I decided to plunk down $60 for Advanced Warfare because I was feeling nostalgic for the online play from earlier titles, and the early critic reviews were surprisingly good, so I decided to give it a try. After spending the whole day with the game, I can tell you I found it to haveAs we all should know by this point, buying any Call of Duty release during it's launch window is a gamble. I decided to plunk down $60 for Advanced Warfare because I was feeling nostalgic for the online play from earlier titles, and the early critic reviews were surprisingly good, so I decided to give it a try. After spending the whole day with the game, I can tell you I found it to have been a very, very disappointing purchase--and I am again bitterly reminded of the collusion and softballing that has become so common between developers and game review publishers.

The game seems to have the ultimate potential to be as fun and enjoyable as some of the best Call of Cuty titles prior. With a little more work, the Exo-Suit mechanics like super-jumping and dodging might a nice fresh spin to the multiplayer. But after 3 years of working on this title in the 10-year-old Call of Duty engine (which you would think should be fairly well mastered at this point, and less resource-intensive relative to modern engines), developer Sledgehammer Games has somehow managed a complete failure in performance optimization to the point where it's baffling how such a low standard would have been allowed by the publisher for release. The very same computer which allowed me to play Black Ops 2 during it's launch window with all graphical settings maxed out, at a solid 60 fps, experiences poor performance, stuttering, and infuriating input lag--even when playing Advanced Warfare on medium-to-low settings with all advanced graphical features turned off. These performance issues are then compounded with extremely poor network performance with the P2P server system used by the game--again, something that is baffling to me given that it's been mastered several times before in the same engine--the background that several other Call of Duty games using a P2P system should have produced for Sledgehammer to draw upon and improve upon, but somehow they have released with a system that is producing the absolute worst connection lag I have ever experienced in a Call of Duty title on any platform.

Between the performance issues, input lag on your mouse and controls during play, and the absolutely stark-terrible connection lag, it is nearly impossible to feel at all competitive in a multiplayer match even as a seasoned Call of Duty player. The competitive thrill is really the sole purpose and source of enjoyment for these titles, so without that, the game is just an exercise in futility and frustration. This is really the crux of my poor review for the game. Call of Duty games, to me, are all about the excitement of competitive twitch/tactical shooting--where you give up having the most impressive graphics or the biggest maps in exchange for great performance, low lag, and fantastic, tight controls--the things needed for purity of contest. If you take these few things away, the game becomes utterly worthless.

Sledgehammer Games was working on a 3-year development cycle with access to some of the best budgets, talent, resources, and background knowledge to make a game using a 10-year old engine that was completely unambitious on it's face. And in spite of all this, all they could managed to push out when their release date rolled around was a glorified open beta with more issues than can be suffered to have fun playing. The only Call of Duty title that was released in a worse state was the infamous 'Ghosts,' which released to a chorus of bad reviews and was thoroughly called out as the poor effort it was by gamers and critics alike. Somehow, Advanced Warfare, a game similarly devoid of standards, seems to have been given a near-unanimous pass on everything that's wrong with it by all the mainstream critics--and even has a surprisingly (and perhaps even suspiciously) high level of positive player reviews on Steam.
  8. Nov 24, 2014
    what a piece of crap. 10 yrs ago it would be an achievement. still this is where it belongs. not in 2014. if you want exosuites and and robots and advanced warfare do as I did: buy Titanfall
  9. Nov 4, 2014
    There is something about it that is badly aged. On a modern rig, it just looks a bit flat. Anyway, BAM, unskippable cut scenes starts this review off at 5/10 for commiting acts of development crime. Forcing me to watch this garbage with my precious time instead of playing anything. Then when I actually get to the game, it plays it for me. I was lining up a face shot and my team blew himThere is something about it that is badly aged. On a modern rig, it just looks a bit flat. Anyway, BAM, unskippable cut scenes starts this review off at 5/10 for commiting acts of development crime. Forcing me to watch this garbage with my precious time instead of playing anything. Then when I actually get to the game, it plays it for me. I was lining up a face shot and my team blew him away, so I selected a new target, and he was blown away. So I figured there is no point in actually playing the game. It is like a cutscene where I control the camera. Then I seen people prancing around on jet packs, and I thought man this game sucks. It will just be a spray fest. It is one true stinker of a game and even if it was free, the bandwidth would still be too much to pay. Expand
  10. Nov 4, 2014
    * LvL 50 Multiplayer review *

Random? Gun Damage - Two enemies at the same distance, one needs 15 bullets before he dies and the other one dies in 5 bullets, really no clue how this is possible but it happens ALL THE TIME. It really feels like bullets randomly deal between 10%-200% damage Netcode? - 90% of my deaths feel like I died instantly with no chance to retaliate, my last
    * LvL 50 Multiplayer review *

Netcode? - 90% of my deaths feel like I died instantly with no chance to retaliate, my last death I got shot from about 50 meters by a silenced SMG and I died instantly. When I try this, I need to hit a full mag.... Ragequited pretty hard.

Guns - There are only 4 *meta* guns worth using, the rest is just terrible. All shotguns are really bad ( need 2x more range to work ), sometimes need 5 shots at 5 meters distance while enemy needs 3 bullets with his ak12. Snipers need 2-3 hits to kill someone, and it's already hard enough to hit people when they are jumping around like monkeys.

Knifing - I removed the knife keybinding.... I tried to knife people 500+ times and maybe got 3 knife kills out of it. Enemy has to be either in kissing range, to your left or BEHIND you.....

Same Call of Duty, but now with more mobility and lasers for $60...
  11. Nov 4, 2014
    Once again a AAA studio has people in their PR department making Review accounts that spam the same review across the board cross platform and have never reviewed any other game, always giving it a 10. I can rarely trust games on their merits now a days because the reviews are so often falsified.
  12. Nov 3, 2014
    It's better than ghosts but then again, that wasn't hard to begin with. Same old engine (it is still the ancient id tech engine) still the shallow SP campaign, still the narrow corridor. dumb AI and "you are leaving the mission area if you take 5 steps in direction game doesn't want you to go in.

COD and Activision do not deserve the money they will make on this. 1/10, still has ways

COD and Activision do not deserve the money they will make on this.
    1/10, still has ways to go, would not buy.
  13. Nov 3, 2014
    Short campaign. We beat it in 4 hours. Mediocre multiplayer. Seems like the creator of these games has stopped caring or something. Please put more effort into the next game. This isn't worth $60. Give to charity instead.
  14. Nov 3, 2014
    Not horrible... but not that good either. If you liked Ghosts then you will ignore the bad map design, lagging, and monotony of this new title. The only word that keeps coming to mind is "meh." A lot of the new mechanics seem fun at first, until you realize they are almost more of a liability than not. Nothing has changed to drove people away from the corner hugging circle camping thatNot horrible... but not that good either. If you liked Ghosts then you will ignore the bad map design, lagging, and monotony of this new title. The only word that keeps coming to mind is "meh." A lot of the new mechanics seem fun at first, until you realize they are almost more of a liability than not. Nothing has changed to drove people away from the corner hugging circle camping that dominates so many other COD titles. I may consider changing my score as weapon unlocks either reiconfroce this monotony (lowering my score) or overcomes it (raising my score). Expand
  15. Nov 3, 2014
    Where do i start this? Same game, different year and differet paintjob but nothing new. Yes, not even this time around anything new, it's just the same old same old. This game is still even running on the infamous id tech III/quake 3 engine which is from 1999! Is it possible to get AAA games that are 16 years old? Well, apparently it is :( These ppl just will continue to milk on cluelessWhere do i start this? Same game, different year and differet paintjob but nothing new. Yes, not even this time around anything new, it's just the same old same old. This game is still even running on the infamous id tech III/quake 3 engine which is from 1999! Is it possible to get AAA games that are 16 years old? Well, apparently it is :( These ppl just will continue to milk on clueless ppl and obviously the clueless ppl will continue on throwing cash at these greedy publishers.

Here is something you can do though. Instead of going out and buying the new call of duty, how about you do differently this year? You don't go out and buy the same **** so that games will start to get better, because they don't try to mimic this cashcow anymore and therefore don't get ruined and we get rid from this stagnation that is bugging games thesedays. Yes, call of duty is the biggest responsible for us having nowadays stagnation in our gaming community. We don't get varied games because they all try to mimic call of duty. Now i know we don't like that, so therefore you could just be and not go out and get the new call of duty this year. I promise you, it will pay off, because then we will get some totally new game, nothing to do with call of duty, that is gonna blow us out from the water. Totally innovative, totally crazy fun.

Don't buy this.
  16. Nov 3, 2014
    Graphic evolution XD maybe for a super nintendo game but this game looks and feels like a 70 dollar piece of **** ... PLS save your money and dont buy this game its so poor in gameplay and the singleplayer is useless and the story never starts going somewhere its the same story every military shooter has no point of playing this story. Also the multiplayer is less fun even with high kdrGraphic evolution XD maybe for a super nintendo game but this game looks and feels like a 70 dollar piece of **** ... PLS save your money and dont buy this game its so poor in gameplay and the singleplayer is useless and the story never starts going somewhere its the same story every military shooter has no point of playing this story. Also the multiplayer is less fun even with high kdr you can kill 5 people the you get kill with an easy 1 shot from behind and well its just like **** this game i quit there are many better shooter games to play Expand
  17. Nov 10, 2014
    Better than COD's from last 3-4 years but that doesn't mean game is good. Didn't have problems with performance but graphics is still pretty bad even in ultra settings, specially trees which looks like in games 10 years ago (watch trees etc. when you descend from the cliff). They did a lot of effort to change gameplay from standard COD which improve game a little. Most annoying thing inBetter than COD's from last 3-4 years but that doesn't mean game is good. Didn't have problems with performance but graphics is still pretty bad even in ultra settings, specially trees which looks like in games 10 years ago (watch trees etc. when you descend from the cliff). They did a lot of effort to change gameplay from standard COD which improve game a little. Most annoying thing in campaign are long story sequences which are impossible to skip. Probably feature which is there just to make more "playing" hours. Expand
  18. Nov 3, 2014
    This game has no changes in the visual components, the graphics are very horrible, the characters are a plastic dolls. Not to mention that the game engine does not support tessellation. For 2 years of Development SS the game has small changes.....
  19. Nov 3, 2014
    bad ping, lags, FPS drops. Overall a bad running game, I think!
    But consoles people play quietly, and PC as usual in hand, the game as you want to receive.
  20. Nov 3, 2014
    First of all, I want to remind everyone that this game still runs on that 10 year old engine, seriously. OK and now onto the game itself, while I haven't ecountered any lag issues for now I'll like to remind everyone that this game DOESN'T HAVE DEDICATED SERVERS OR MOD TOOLS. With the new jumping mechanics, there will be potential for great mods but yep, they're not here. Also, all of thisFirst of all, I want to remind everyone that this game still runs on that 10 year old engine, seriously. OK and now onto the game itself, while I haven't ecountered any lag issues for now I'll like to remind everyone that this game DOESN'T HAVE DEDICATED SERVERS OR MOD TOOLS. With the new jumping mechanics, there will be potential for great mods but yep, they're not here. Also, all of this new Exo-suit and whatever **** really is just a rip-off of Crysis and Titanfall. Expand
  21. Nov 3, 2014
    More aim-assist casual no-skill, no brains, garbage... A game that plays itself for you like every COD before it. Nothing has changed. It's the same COD as always, and not worth a cent.
  22. Nov 4, 2014
    It already has hackers in it. Only good thing about this game is that it is not a browser game like bf games and it does not have nurse class so you will not be revived in front of the enemy all the time. And resawns are fast so you can acctualy play the game nad not wait. But everything else is really bad. Instead of improving the game and making it more gun vs gun they add even moreIt already has hackers in it. Only good thing about this game is that it is not a browser game like bf games and it does not have nurse class so you will not be revived in front of the enemy all the time. And resawns are fast so you can acctualy play the game nad not wait. But everything else is really bad. Instead of improving the game and making it more gun vs gun they add even more broken stuff, some parkur broken movement, ugly guns, ugly animations, pathetic sounds, terible PC optimization, knfing is still not removed from the game. the sniper scope looks like a joke. no more dual render scopes or scopes like in mw2. now we have these pathetic looking scopes.
    everything about this game sucks. and of course huge amount of cheaters and hackers is to be expected since they do nothing about it
  23. Nov 3, 2014
    I find it so funny how the haters are desperately trying to bump this game down, and looking at all the arguments makes me smile :)

Please Metacritic, do something about these spammers.

The game it'self looks much better than any COD as of yet. The gameplay is the good old COD, but different enough to make it a "newer" experience.
  24. Nov 3, 2014
    Never been more ashamed to be a PC gamer. Call of Duty finally gives us what we want with an extremely robust amount of settings, dedicated servers, a new engine, etc etc. People aren't even giving it a chance, and are instead voting 0 based on what they hear or what they think they know. Half the 0 reviews think that the game runs on the same engine.. do your research, it's a new engineNever been more ashamed to be a PC gamer. Call of Duty finally gives us what we want with an extremely robust amount of settings, dedicated servers, a new engine, etc etc. People aren't even giving it a chance, and are instead voting 0 based on what they hear or what they think they know. Half the 0 reviews think that the game runs on the same engine.. do your research, it's a new engine by a new studio. These reviews are the epitome of what's wrong with Metacritic, where everyone who voted 0 on games either has a 0 or a 10 for all their games. Pathetic, broken system. As someone who's actually played the game, I can tell you that the game is fresh, fun, and definitely the Call of Duty experience that's translated well over onto PC, especially with a movement system that adds enough variety that will have PC players feeling at home. It's not GOTY material, and the story isn't as great as I was hoping, but I'd be lying if I said this wasn't a good game, and I'm going to give it the review it deserves. Not a 10 or a 0 to pad the whole user score to what I personally think it deserves to be at. Grow up people. Expand
  25. Nov 3, 2014
    Count me as surprised, every COD launch since Black Ops as been a disaster. Poorly optimized pieces of garbage pretty much. I've been playing AW for a few hours now and suffered from 0 frame lag. The game runs fluidly and feels well balanced. The hitboxes seem to be spot on and honestly I was a bit concerned the new jumping mechanism would be OP but its not it honestly just adds a newCount me as surprised, every COD launch since Black Ops as been a disaster. Poorly optimized pieces of garbage pretty much. I've been playing AW for a few hours now and suffered from 0 frame lag. The game runs fluidly and feels well balanced. The hitboxes seem to be spot on and honestly I was a bit concerned the new jumping mechanism would be OP but its not it honestly just adds a new dimension to the gameplay. The character customization is pretty awesome and overall I can see myself putting hundreds of hours into the multiplayer. Expand
  26. Nov 3, 2014
    This is probably the best Call of Duty since MW2. I know it's early to make such a sweeping statement but the game just oozes brilliance on a number of levels. It is streets ahead of Ghosts in every aspect and really puts Infinity Ward to absolute shame. Even Treyarch need to raise their game for next year. Sledgehammer have essentially taken the best aspects of past games and fused themThis is probably the best Call of Duty since MW2. I know it's early to make such a sweeping statement but the game just oozes brilliance on a number of levels. It is streets ahead of Ghosts in every aspect and really puts Infinity Ward to absolute shame. Even Treyarch need to raise their game for next year. Sledgehammer have essentially taken the best aspects of past games and fused them into their very own interpretation along with delivering their own brand of unique ideas.

The gameplay is fast, the guns are incredible fun, the matches flow superbly and every second is really enjoyable. The maps are simply stunning to look at and their designs & layouts make way for some frantic action.

The optimisation for PC which has been heavily questioned after Ghosts and Sledgehammer's silence in the media; is actually riddled with depth and all the key elements to compliment your rig. I really did not expect much but they really have hit the nail on the head from a technical standpoint.

I've not enjoyed COD since the Black Ops days but this is a game that really rejuvenates my desire for the franchise. After the pitiful Ghosts last year; this game simply had to deliver and it truly has. SHG took a risk for their first outing and it really paid off in what could be a genre-defining title.
  27. Nov 6, 2014
    How much skill does a player need to rage in COD:Advanced Warfare? Not much apparently. This game is like Unreal Tournament 2000 with all cheats enabled for everyone.

I've never experienced a game, where the developers main focus is to allow players to use "cheats" that would get you banned in other games. Those being: I can see through walls with my gun sight (wall hack). I can

I can see through walls with my gun sight (wall hack). I can shoot through walls (another wall hack). Another gun site lights up all players in front of you in bright red (Skinning Hack). Another gun will track onto lit up targets (Aimbot). Now if that isn't enough to make you an uber player... let's bring in the toys..... shall we? We now have "Homing Grenades" yes, the hand grenades can be tossed in the general direction of the enemy and they will home in onto them, no defense. You have hand grenades that light up every player camping in a building. So I pull out my no skill, shoot through a wall gun, and casually kill everyone. - Homing drones. Yes, boys and girls, you can take this paper airplane looking thing... toss it into the air without a care in the world, and it will fly over the battlefield and when it sees someone, homes in on them. Now, we have drones, that allow everyone to see everyone on the battlefield. A player tosses one of these no brainers into the air, and other players on the team, can join in on the fun, and rain hell down on everybody. And since it sees everyone on the field. You can kill everyone pretty easy. Lightning strikes obliterate anyone in it's path. Cover or no cover. If it flys over, you're dead.

Oh the nifty new dodge feature/gimmick. It allows you to glitch your movement. It's not fluid, and it looks stupid, because the animation is stuck while you do it. And it lights you up on the minimap instantly when you bolt a few feet in a direction. Then you're dead because since the maps are so small, everyone can shoot everyone as long as you can see them. Since everyone can pretty much see everyone, what's the point? You may as well avoid all that, remove the buildings. Put everyone on a flat surface and give them all uzi's.

Sound is horrid. Simply horrid. My surround sound headphones that are normally filled battle sounds and positional sound mapping, is confusing, because sounds just go in and out at random. Very quiet battles. Nobody yelling, nobody saying anything.

Oh a shotgun can be silenced. Shoots like a full automatic rifle, and sounds like a small handgun. The positional 3D should be disabled, because where the footsteps seem to be coming from one direction, they are actually someplace else, because the sound processing is so weak, it's confusing. Turn off your surround sound gear because it makes things worse.

Graphics.... ON a high end graphics card, it is pretty bad. No shading, I don't see any benefit for having shadows on, because you really can't see them, but they do appear to have a negative impact on performance,.... shut them off, because they aren't needed and will make things worse.

Maps are tiny. Tiny tiny. If you play Battlefield, Imagine taking a server of 24 people. Cram them all between A and B objectives on Metro. You get the idea. That's what ALL the maps are like. A smaller, crammed full small Rush Metro map. That's their "Conquest" size map. I get claustrophobic just loading into the map. If you want a quality, fast shooter, that requires some skill... Go play Titanfall. It's much more of everything COD:AW wants to be and more.

I wasn't a COD hateboy before buying this, but I am now. This is a joke. If you like it...good for you, but you must be seriously, easily amused or on a console. This is not PC gaming material. It's nearly an insult.
  28. Nov 11, 2014
    Another COD **** like i said with cod ghosts, this is another garbage, ps2 graphics, same gameplay and mechanics than the previous cod games, nothing new nothing fresh, but of course the stupid reviewers will put this **** a good score because they all receive the money from Activision. This franchise is getting worst and it's only alive because those idiots 10 year old kids who keepAnother COD **** like i said with cod ghosts, this is another garbage, ps2 graphics, same gameplay and mechanics than the previous cod games, nothing new nothing fresh, but of course the stupid reviewers will put this **** a good score because they all receive the money from Activision. This franchise is getting worst and it's only alive because those idiots 10 year old kids who keep playing it. This game is a disaster in every aspect, outdated graphics, repetitive combat as hell, too fantasy to be a war game, but a disgrace this garbage is.
    Stay away from cod franchise.
  29. Nov 7, 2014
    6 hours of campaign, the PC version it's all crashed, CGIs with lag, sound and image desynchronized, poor history, multiplayer with HUGE lag. More of the same, but worst... I would be more happy if I had burned my money than buying this!
  30. Nov 6, 2014
    This review is for Multiplayer part only. The game isn't too bad, its fun to play, weapons seem more-or less balanced but its not all good. First, host-peer system, where your host may end up being very slow and your game being bad because of them. Second, everyone moves at an insane speed, its hard to aim at people now, especially when they dolpin dive under you or simply jump in yourThis review is for Multiplayer part only. The game isn't too bad, its fun to play, weapons seem more-or less balanced but its not all good. First, host-peer system, where your host may end up being very slow and your game being bad because of them. Second, everyone moves at an insane speed, its hard to aim at people now, especially when they dolpin dive under you or simply jump in your face. Its new experience, and its interesting, but not perfect. Next: cheaters are obvious like never since SECOND DAY AFTER RELEASE! If not cheaters, this game would be quite interesting to me, although I ended up not using any killstreaks other than UAV - they just get in the way or require too many points.
    My main issue was and remains not willing to play with cheaters, if this was cheat-free, I'd give this game 6 points (weapons are so "balanced" they all feel the same, like, there's no difference between them, and these exo moves, I don't like them too much considering how limiting the maps are - out of bounds warnings everywhere, or you simply die by getting out of the map). This isn't how Call of Duty was, or how it should be, in my opinion.
  31. Nov 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok, here we go again. I don't get how, according to the fans, "this one is better". I also really don't get how even if the game is set 40 years later, they still use the same guns. And the same uniforms. And the same techs. WHY? Why do these games have to be so bland and boring? I don't give a s#!t that a new Call of Duty game is released every year. It could be released every month for all I care. The things that annoy me are the lack of new content, the stupid design choices and the bland story mode, which has become some sort of training stages for new players, rather than a story mode. The story is the most lazy and predictable thing ever. Basicly country X attacks 'Murica and 'Murica fights back with a team of idiot soldiers. Basicly you are freedom fighter A and, with the help of freedom fighter B you kill anyone who isn't american. However freedom fighter B is killed and you escape. Then you join company Y and fight......................................wait for it......................Terrorists! Then you realise something and blah blah blah....

I would review the multiplayer, but I think the next sentence summarizes it better:
    Lag, Lag and more lag. ALL THE LAG!
  32. Nov 6, 2014
    So another CoD game... Where do I begin. It is just another CoD game in the end with a few little added details, jumping higher, gliding, guns, the sounding !!! What else is new. Campaign, Good! Multiplayer, Bad (as always). Just another CoD game at the end of the day.
  33. Nov 8, 2014
    I think that this has to be the worst COD yet. The dialog, acting, and CGI graphics are great but that's about all the good I can say about it. For the bad, a predictable, overdone plot with loads of button trigger prompts. After 3 of the 6 hours of the campaign I was just playing to be done with it. Multiplayer has been turned into a game of chance where you're in a constant state ofI think that this has to be the worst COD yet. The dialog, acting, and CGI graphics are great but that's about all the good I can say about it. For the bad, a predictable, overdone plot with loads of button trigger prompts. After 3 of the 6 hours of the campaign I was just playing to be done with it. Multiplayer has been turned into a game of chance where you're in a constant state of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. You're in an almost constant state of being exposed to enemy fire whether it's behind, above, below ,or flank. After being spawned 5 times in a row in someone crosshairs in the second round that I've played, I'm already trading this garbage in today. Seeing as how Activision and their devs have completely lost any ability to develop a decent COD game, I say they'd be better off just remaking MW2. I'd like to throw out a hearty FU to IGN for being instrumental in me wasting $60 of my hard earned money. Expand
  34. Nov 7, 2014
    I thought that this COD will be at least good like old times COD, in terms of the gameplay, this game definetively sucks compared to Battlefield series, how people prefer this piece of **** instead of Battlefield? The graphics all maxed out sucks too, and I'm not even a graphic whore, I care more about the gameplay, the game has no ballistics, it's damn too easy to play even in veteranI thought that this COD will be at least good like old times COD, in terms of the gameplay, this game definetively sucks compared to Battlefield series, how people prefer this piece of **** instead of Battlefield? The graphics all maxed out sucks too, and I'm not even a graphic whore, I care more about the gameplay, the game has no ballistics, it's damn too easy to play even in veteran difficulty, the game definetively sucks, the only good thing about it it's the plot.

Uninstalled.
  35. Nov 10, 2014
    How many reviews start with "it's better than Ghosts, but.."

This game sucks. Ghosts sucked. Stay far away unless you have absolutely NOTHING better to play or you somehow enjoyed Ghosts.
  36. Nov 5, 2014
    Same money grab, peer to peer matchamking, and general unpleasantness of the last few CoDs.
    Look at user reviews and comments, not the review companies that get paid to say it's great.
  37. Nov 9, 2014
    Nah this is not an example of paid critics. Most of the users here are morons and don't see the beauty of this game. Please buy this game and support really bad games made by huge companies. Otherwise they will start making really good games and do not only care about making a lot of money. Maybe someone at Sledgehammer Games needs a new yacht and I could not sleep well if he cant affordNah this is not an example of paid critics. Most of the users here are morons and don't see the beauty of this game. Please buy this game and support really bad games made by huge companies. Otherwise they will start making really good games and do not only care about making a lot of money. Maybe someone at Sledgehammer Games needs a new yacht and I could not sleep well if he cant afford it because people don't buy the game. And i feel really bad i only paid about 13 euros for a Russian key. I think its a good thing Russians have to pay much less because those bad Russian's wouldn't pay as much as we do and would rather buy a cheap copy instead. I also really like getting discriminated by steam because i want to play with a Russian key. I should feel honored being forced to pay much more.
    Best review is from IGN and GRYOnline.pl. They say its the best CoD of all time or since MW. They must be really well paid for promoting such nonsense.
  38. Nov 10, 2014
    Advanced warfare? How about advanced **** 3 years of development Sledgehammer? GFY! A game like this is actually a development of few months. After making the worst CoD of all time(Ghosts), Activision intended to make at least a slightly better game next year. So they chose Sledgehammer to develop. Then, they compiled a bunch of ripoffs from other games(including the story, tech, weaponsAdvanced warfare? How about advanced **** 3 years of development Sledgehammer? GFY! A game like this is actually a development of few months. After making the worst CoD of all time(Ghosts), Activision intended to make at least a slightly better game next year. So they chose Sledgehammer to develop. Then, they compiled a bunch of ripoffs from other games(including the story, tech, weapons and etc) hired one of the greatest actors of our time for a cheesy, worthless, forgettable villain. Then some clumsy, incomplete development, and finally some heavy advertising, and ta-dah! Now you have the latest, revolutionary, groundbreaking installment in Call of Duty series! Special Edition exclusively for AMD Radeon R9 295X2, which includes following features. Massive FPS drops(ranges from 60-18 on a 4K display), massive stuttering, de-synced audio and many more! FU Activision! FU Sledgehammer! Expand
  39. Nov 9, 2014
    A full blown joke from start to finish, Dice have a perfect opportunity to bring back the glory days of the FPS. This needs to be the last roll of the die for COD. RIP.
  40. Nov 16, 2014
    Look Like Activision Failed To Meet The Eye Of The PC Player Again They Re-skin With Upgrade Graphic and you can teach an old new tricks Form Old Call Of Duty Game that simply doesn't want to change. It knows what it is, and sticks with it. It would be a respectable endeavor, if it didn't lead to such an underwhelming and predictable little product. As such, it's difficult for Me toLook Like Activision Failed To Meet The Eye Of The PC Player Again They Re-skin With Upgrade Graphic and you can teach an old new tricks Form Old Call Of Duty Game that simply doesn't want to change. It knows what it is, and sticks with it. It would be a respectable endeavor, if it didn't lead to such an underwhelming and predictable little product. As such, it's difficult for Me to recommend a game that otherwise may be the strongest Call Of Duty Game Ever. Expand
  41. Nov 9, 2014
    Once again the same game, people, please stop buying the same game every year!!! what do you think this will have? This is a Crysis copy!!!!!

DON'T BUY IT!
  42. Nov 9, 2014
    I liked the single player albeit very short. If I rated it based on just single player, I'd give it a 9/10. But CoD is all about multiplayer, and currently I can't give it any points. The lag is crippling. I've tried giving it time playing for almost 20 hours. I have 100/30 internet speeds and it is useless. I will review again if they ever implement dedi servers but that probably isI liked the single player albeit very short. If I rated it based on just single player, I'd give it a 9/10. But CoD is all about multiplayer, and currently I can't give it any points. The lag is crippling. I've tried giving it time playing for almost 20 hours. I have 100/30 internet speeds and it is useless. I will review again if they ever implement dedi servers but that probably is not likely to happen. Expand
  43. Nov 15, 2014
    At first glance Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare seems to be a solid game with everything you might expect from the franchise, but dig a little deeper and some very big cracks begin to show.

The campaign: Predictable, very short, confusing with terrible AI The online multiplayer: Unplayable... FPS drops, hitching, lag, texture popping, small maps, underwhelming and pointless "dynamic"

The campaign: Predictable, very short, confusing with terrible AI

The online multiplayer: Unplayable... FPS drops, hitching, lag, texture popping, small maps, underwhelming and pointless "dynamic" events, non destructible enviroment, poorly optimised "exo abilities", player game states out of sync, no dedicated servers, glitch exploits on some maps, camo and prestige bugs, tacked on Zombies mode only available through purchasing DLC, overpowered guns, awful spawn allocation, boring camos, constant connection and sign in problems and you die so easily it makes playing the objective frustrating and completely unrewarding!
  44. Nov 16, 2014
    New year, new cod..... Same **** This is starting to feel like an abusive relationship. You know like the one you hear next-door every night. you keep wondering to yourself why that **** keeps coming back to him... cod is starting to turn into that relationship every year we shell out fist fulls of cash to get bent over and slapped around by activision. Is it rape if we paid for it? OnlyNew year, new cod..... Same **** This is starting to feel like an abusive relationship. You know like the one you hear next-door every night. you keep wondering to yourself why that **** keeps coming back to him... cod is starting to turn into that relationship every year we shell out fist fulls of cash to get bent over and slapped around by activision. Is it rape if we paid for it? Only positive I found was that it looked good... campaign lasted about 4 hours. Multiplayer is near un playable....

See you next year activasion for another round of why do I bother.
  45. Nov 16, 2014
    To be honest I wasn't expecting much from this game, however after the artificial system spec inflation that plagued the last title in the series, I'm giving it a 0 it wont run on an older system without some serious workarounds and quite frankly there are better game out there that don't require that. so in summary, avoid this title, it earned it's zero for its **** production values andTo be honest I wasn't expecting much from this game, however after the artificial system spec inflation that plagued the last title in the series, I'm giving it a 0 it wont run on an older system without some serious workarounds and quite frankly there are better game out there that don't require that. so in summary, avoid this title, it earned it's zero for its **** production values and **** development practices. Expand
  46. Nov 17, 2014
    Absolutely pathetic. Looks like tweens programmed this game. I have played FPS since Delta Force and Joint Operations right on through BF and every Call of Duty release, and AW simply embarrasses the gaming community. The gameplay is boring; the graphics mediocre; the multi-player experience is apocalyptic. Due to the third-world, 56k-like lag of the Activision/Steam network, my clanAbsolutely pathetic. Looks like tweens programmed this game. I have played FPS since Delta Force and Joint Operations right on through BF and every Call of Duty release, and AW simply embarrasses the gaming community. The gameplay is boring; the graphics mediocre; the multi-player experience is apocalyptic. Due to the third-world, 56k-like lag of the Activision/Steam network, my clan spent the better part of 30 minutes trying to build our party successfully. I plan to petition Activision for a refund. Expand
  47. Nov 18, 2014
    As usual another copy/paste annual CoD hits the shelves, short singleplayer, same old multiplayer with small maps and zero tactics. Not sure why this series is still so popular, must be the 10 year olds drooling for perks and unlocks. If you're 18 years or older avoid this crap.
  48. Nov 17, 2014
    1.) If you are using an AMD graphics card, prepare to lower your settings as Advanced Warfare is a similar example to AC Unity where only Nvidia is cared for, while AMD is forgotten. To (sort of) fix the performance issues, you would either have to lower the quality, update the driver to 14.11, or use the power of the internet if you are still struggling.

2.) There is still no dedicated

2.) There is still no dedicated servers so expect lag... and a lot of it. Nothing can be done here unfortunately.

Multiplayer = fun but laggy
    Campaign = another campaign showing how fantastic the USA is at everything it does.
  49. Nov 17, 2014
    First off. DEDICATED SERVERS WERE A LIE. If they plan on releasing them later. wtf why? should have done it at game release. yea, we bought it but the multiplier is dying now cause on p2p. There are no dedicated servers in multilayer. Its P2P so you get stuck with some kid in his moms basement on a 56k dial up as the host. Lag Lag Lag. If you do fine a game with no lag its cause you areFirst off. DEDICATED SERVERS WERE A LIE. If they plan on releasing them later. wtf why? should have done it at game release. yea, we bought it but the multiplier is dying now cause on p2p. There are no dedicated servers in multilayer. Its P2P so you get stuck with some kid in his moms basement on a 56k dial up as the host. Lag Lag Lag. If you do fine a game with no lag its cause you are the host and everyone else is suffering. Also, have seen a couple hackers trolling and admitting to it. Nothing you or i can do about it. They cant be kicked in p2p.

I was really looking forward to this game. I had hopes that it would be as good as CODMW but no. Single player story is good but game it glitched and sound does not sync up in the cinematic events. Which one could over look. Then they tried to fix it and there is no sound now in the cinematic events so you have no idea whats doing on in the story. Single player graphics look good. THEY DO NOT carry over to the multilayer. Maps are glitched. I constantly got my player stuck in the map literally between a rock and a hard place. Bodies float in the air after they are dead. Just laying there on some invisible platform. Just play on, we should be use to half built games by now right. all these years of pos mgnt shoving a game out before its ready.

Multiplayer. Texture and the relative good graphics of the single player do not come over into the multiplier. You can seriously tell you had two teams making this game. team 1 did the single player and team 2 made the MP. Team 2 i think were interns actually cause its horrible. The environment textures and map layout are pretty bad. Most of this could have been over looked if the game ran. But the multilayer is on p2p networking so it runs like junk. Lag movement, lag shots, lag hits. lag. If you finally get paired into a game after 45 min and it runs well DONT LEAVE you will not find another one all day. save your money. i wish i did. I so wanted this game to be good.
  50. Nov 17, 2014
    Probably the worst Call of Duty ever. Get back to the basics. While some ideas are fresh and new, this isn't Halo. Take the game back a little. I give Sledgehammer credit for trying to innovate the game, but yeah.. There hasn't been a good CoD since MW3, and even that was controversial. This game gets worse and worse every year, so glad I have Battlefield to fall back on.
  51. Nov 19, 2014
    The game has no dedicated servers which makes the game laggy as hell. Plus this is the worst Call of Duty I have ever played (didn't play ghosts). Jump like a chaotic madman simulator 2014. Spawns are also terrible. I mis black ops 2 and modern warfare 2. Games like that were perfectly made. This **** is just frustrating.
  52. Nov 13, 2014
    I'll keep this succinct:

I'll keep this succinct:

DO NOT, EVER, make the same mistake I made by giving this game a try. This game is a ****ing joke. This is the same repackaged neutered **** descendant from the greats (MW and MW2). So I'm going to compare it based on its predecessors. This game is actually WORSE than every call of duty before it, with the exception of Ghosts. There are hardly any guns, less perks than any other game, you'll get bored with it in a matter of minutes. Worse still: the maps are ****ing horrible. Literally same layout on every single one, that is all close quarters, no chokes, nothing interesting.

So as you can imagine gameplay is the same run and gun **** as usual, in fact its a necessity if you want to perform well givin the small homogeneous selection of maps, and idiodic movement mechanics. All weapons from the already pitifully small pool are obselete except the SMG's.

Whoever was the brains coming up with the features in this game is literally a joke, and should be fired from any project lead ever. The missing features are just completely ridiculous. For instance there's no lobby chat, something that a second year programmer could implement. Like what the **** were they thinking?

Avoid this poison at all costs. Like I said any of the preceding COD's except Ghosts are more interesting than this not only repackaged but dumbed down horse ****. Please don't make the same mistake as I did.
  53. Nov 24, 2014
    This game is simply horrible. Sledgehammer claims the engine is all-new, but the RPG trails are still the same as they were in CoD4, so this is pretty clearly just IW7. The story is nauseatingly bad.
  54. Nov 17, 2014
    well this game is supprising.... just like every other cod... the same!

think of battlefield 4. they are putting a twist called hardline :) a change from the old war theme!
  55. Dec 6, 2014
    It is amazing how many critics they paid off to give them good reviews. For a game that's called "Advanced Warfare", the system is ridiculously outdated. No dedicated servers on a competitive PC game? Seriously?! That should be an automatic zero in my book. But for those who are willing to be a little more lenient in their judgment of this game, let me outline some more atrocities aboutIt is amazing how many critics they paid off to give them good reviews. For a game that's called "Advanced Warfare", the system is ridiculously outdated. No dedicated servers on a competitive PC game? Seriously?! That should be an automatic zero in my book. But for those who are willing to be a little more lenient in their judgment of this game, let me outline some more atrocities about this game:

* Shader preload is an option that theoretically loads the map before you join the game, thus eliminating FPS drops. It's a really cool idea, and guess what? It doesn't work for half of the maps. As a matter of fact, it does nothing more than kick you out after waiting for several minutes. BOOOO.

* Lag compensation. Their way of dealing with the hosts having the best connection is to introduce artificial lag that all players in the match have to deal with, just to even out the game. So if someone on another continent joins your game, then everyone gets to play with lag! Sounds fair, right?

* Horrendous optimization. Those with powerful GPUs are still going to run into FPS drops when playing AW on the lowest settings. -sigh-

* Instead of innovating the map design to encourage players to "parkour" everywhere, there's just a ton of boundaries everywhere. If you try to jump onto a ledge that you think you can grab, instead you'll find yourself falling off with an annoying "Out of Bounds" message. The new movement system is great, but these maps do not support it. These maps could have been thrown in any other CoD and would've done just as well there. TItanfall's map design and movement system is far more satisfying.

* It's missing a lot of fun game types like Gun Game and Demolition. Momentum and Uplink are okay, but they don't come close to filling the void.

Titanfall, a game that came out over half a year ago and can be bought for a fraction of AW's price, is a much better game. That's really saying something. And the worst part is, I bet AW2 is already in development. -_-
  56. Jan 6, 2015
    This is kind of a first impression review. I have played a good 3 hours of the game on Steam. The graphics are amazing, the soundtrack is great, and just overall it is visually beautiful. Not to mention the story (from what I've seen) is much stronger than the other Call of Duty games. The guns are very cool as well and do feel like they are from the future. But where the game's problemsThis is kind of a first impression review. I have played a good 3 hours of the game on Steam. The graphics are amazing, the soundtrack is great, and just overall it is visually beautiful. Not to mention the story (from what I've seen) is much stronger than the other Call of Duty games. The guns are very cool as well and do feel like they are from the future. But where the game's problems lie are in its questionable frame-rate drops and its amount of glitches. One of them is the off lip-syncing. I don't know if anyone has this issue, but the lips seem to be a split second behind their voices. Not to mention some murky textures and sometimes, the unresponsive controls. Overall, the controls are good, but sometimes when i double-jump, my character doesn't respond to it. I see a great potential for this game as long as they have dedicated servers for the multiplayer. 7/10 (good) Expand
  57. Dec 23, 2014
    This game is well... A joke.

Starting from the technical side: Let's suppose you bought the game, you install it and open the Single Player. The resolution is wrong, and you want to change it, but you can't! There's no "Settings" in your menu... Ok, let's play, New Game... And the intro video starts playing. A fairly long video that introduces you to the campaign. Then the video
    This game is well... A joke.

Starting from the technical side:
    Let's suppose you bought the game, you install it and open the Single Player. The resolution is wrong, and you want to change it, but you can't! There's no "Settings" in your menu... Ok, let's play, New Game... And the intro video starts playing. A fairly long video that introduces you to the campaign. Then the video finishes and the game is still loading. I have an SSD so I thought it was downloading some updates or something... Ok game starts, you go to options (now options exists), change the resolution, apply, and then boom! black screen, the intro video plays again, the whole game loads again, another long 2 minutes of loading. What is going on?? The only setting you can change without reloading the whole game is VSync!

Once you configured the game and it performs ok you think you're ready to play... But it's just the beginning! the textures get weird, the game starts to be unplayable in some parts, there's stuttering, memory leaks, crashes, sometimes the whole computer crashes (that may be Windows 8 fault...). Then you start reading online or trying around disabling some settings. The conclusion: you will learn by hearth the dialogues of the intro video, I promise!

Ok... aside from the technical problems... The graphics look like the game is 2 or 3 years old, Battlefield 4 released more than one year ago have by far better graphics. But graphics are not everything! that's true...

About the single player: The campaign starts in a interesting way, it seems a cool game, but at some point random things that are not explained start to happen, it's like you missed a couple of chapters or something... You lose completely the story line.

Another thing I don't like from this game is that some little things that make the game more realistic are not really accomplished. For example, collisions with dead bodies, you really pass through the bodies like they were ghosts. Or for example melee killing doesn't have a cool animation like many games today.

AI, at least for me, is a very important from an FPS. In this game it feels like you are supposed to attack from a specific point of the level otherwise enemy bots, well.. They act weird, they don't know what to do, it's like... you are not supposed to be here! now what? sometimes they stare you, sometimes they kill you, sometimes they ignore you... I would expect something similar to Crysis 3, I know this game is not supposed to let you choose how and where you attack from, but at least the enemies would be able to react to a attack strategy change.

I don't know, maybe I'm being to critic because I compare it with BF4, which also had a lot of bugs and technical problems some persisting today, but even if BF4 drove me mad with all the crashes, memory leak and incompatibility with Windows 8.1, it seems like a very achieved game compared to the PC version of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

I gave it a 4/10 because I found the multiplayer interesting and funny, futuristic weapons are cool and it reminds Quake because of some details. The double jump other kind of futuristic things you have give a game a cool online gameplay, that is a mix of Titanfall (except you can't run on walls :( ), Crysis 3 and Quake 3 Excessive mods.

The conclusion is... It's a console port, a not really achieved one. Maybe better achieved than previous versions, ok, but not enough for PC players, who demand some minimum quality. It have a lot of graphic options yes, but it's because you need to tweak a lot the game for working on your rig and configuring the game is really painful. You feel stupid for spending the money on that game every time some error appears, and you expect for the budget of the game, a better story development during the campaign.

I haven't played too long this game online but the times I did it took too long to make the matchmaking. Titanfall which is probably less played than CoD:AW is very fast finding a game, what's happening? I also read that there are several problems with the servers like lag and disconnecting that I haven't experienced yet.

Don't buy this game on PC.
  58. Dec 17, 2014
    This is the most innovative Call of Duty title in years. It plays like a classic arena shooter which is a nice change to the usual gameplay. The graphics are decent and the single player aspect is pretty enjoyable if that's what you're interested in. I buy COD games solely for the multiplayer portion and in this title, I was not disappointed.

The reason I refrain from giving this game a

The reason I refrain from giving this game a higher rating is due to the terrible launch it had. Sadly, this is expected for blockbuster titles these days and I find it unacceptable. Performance on launch was horrendous and the lack of dedicated servers is a joke. Poor optimization at time of launch and a missing server browser held this game back from being amazing.
  59. Nov 18, 2014
    The Crysis games, and more recently the latest Wolfenstein, are all far more enjoyable FPS experiences, with better story and gunplay. Too much of the SP campaign in Advanced Warfare is (to be expected), on rails bombastic action. It's the first COD I've played since MW2, and I can honestly say that despite an upgrade in visuals, everything is still too much like sitting on a fairgroundThe Crysis games, and more recently the latest Wolfenstein, are all far more enjoyable FPS experiences, with better story and gunplay. Too much of the SP campaign in Advanced Warfare is (to be expected), on rails bombastic action. It's the first COD I've played since MW2, and I can honestly say that despite an upgrade in visuals, everything is still too much like sitting on a fairground ride, playing whack-a-mole and creeping forward. The exo-suit features barely come into play. Still, there is some fun to have here, and some of the levels are exciting enough to make me feel like I hadn't completely wasted my money. Expand
  60. Nov 23, 2014
    this game had a lot of potential,but it's been a month now with all minor updates and no information about dedicated servers,that is what is killing the game...goodbye sledghammer,hello treyarch again...black ops 2 will climb back at the charts after people get tired of the lagfest and hackfest that's taking place now in advanced warfare's "SERVERS" people host hacked lobbies,almost everythis game had a lot of potential,but it's been a month now with all minor updates and no information about dedicated servers,that is what is killing the game...goodbye sledghammer,hello treyarch again...black ops 2 will climb back at the charts after people get tired of the lagfest and hackfest that's taking place now in advanced warfare's "SERVERS" people host hacked lobbies,almost every leaderboard 10 top players is cheaters,if they'd been honest with us and told us that the game will NOT have dedicated servers maybe i wouldn't be here writing this opinion comment right now but if you are reading this SHG people,you and infinity ward lost many many players...

it's 2014 for god's sake...and we have to rely on connections instead of STABLE AND RELIABLE DEDICATED SERVERS ?

WHY ? because they cost ? ok...i'll tell you what's gonna cost more...the ammount of time you'll spend to develop DLC's and NOONE going to buy them because even the MAIN GAME is broken...so why would i pay to "have more" when i'm not able to enjoy the current material you had with the launch...

ghosts died,advanced warfare is dying only 1 month since release

it's all about treyarch now...let's hope for the best
  61. Nov 16, 2014
    Old dog, old tricks. What do you expect from call of duty? Same mechanics from the last 8 games. At least other games like Mario put in a lot of new smaller mechanics to compliment the same, main mechanic. But COD adds a new jump. That's all. Buy CS: GO, an FPS that is all about tactics and teamwork that wont steal 60 bucks (or more) from you every year.
  62. Nov 18, 2014
    Advanced Warfare for PC is the same stupid repetitive game we had for the past three years now. The exo movements are impossible to do on PC and worst of all I can't even quik scope.
  63. Nov 21, 2014
    This game is very badly optimized in multiplayer (Singleplayer is OK), everytime stuffers, lags, fps drops even on high-end graphic card (mine is GTX 780), not balanced weapons, not dedicated servers, a lot of cheaters and hacked lobbies, the worst cod with ghosts, that's all. Please dont buy this ****
  64. Nov 21, 2014
    call of duty: recycled warfare

really ? you guys are still buying the same game over and over..?
    same game, same stuff, same issues, same story, same experience, same bullsh!t
    it was fun when it started but it's just tiring to play the same thing over and over and over again
  65. Dec 31, 2014
    It's lagging, it's full of hackers, it doesn't have dedicated servers. I was a CoD fanboy, I bought the Digital Pro edition of the game and now I regret it.
  66. Feb 14, 2015
    Do not buy the pc version of this game. There is no dedicated servers like they said there were there are alot of players with cheats and hacks they dont kick . You cant enjoy the multiplayer gameplay because of cheats and spawns. some games you will get spawn killed dozens of times even with a gaming pc the maps start out very laggy this is by far the worst cod yet ghost was pretty badDo not buy the pc version of this game. There is no dedicated servers like they said there were there are alot of players with cheats and hacks they dont kick . You cant enjoy the multiplayer gameplay because of cheats and spawns. some games you will get spawn killed dozens of times even with a gaming pc the maps start out very laggy this is by far the worst cod yet ghost was pretty bad but nothing compared to this black ops 2 was last decent game cod has. Every year when they put out game they have a stament saying there will be dedicated servers but there never is. It might just be the pc version i dont know but worst game on pc every. DO NOT BUY Expand
  67. Feb 23, 2015
    NO. DEDICATED. SERVERS.

Is this a joke multibillion dollar AAA game? Another day another COD squirted out the anus of the AAA gaming industry. Unreal. I want my goddamn money back, what a waste.
  68. Nov 20, 2014
    The worst part of the series. Silly scripted scenes. Ugly design wrapped in modern shaders. Very small and short levels. Physics is completely absent. Dumb gameplay. I could not even go through with it. The last part I liked more.
  69. Jan 17, 2015
    I wanted to like this game, but the multi player game is unplayable for me. I have above the recommended specs and 2 months later i cant play the game due to huge fps drops in the multiplayer game. Avoid this if you have AMD hardware.
  70. Feb 22, 2015
    Boght the key for this at 24€. My last COD was MW3 on xbox and i did not like it a lot.
    Anyway... this is a bad copy of titanfall with the COD multuplayer. The single player is BORING, feels the same thing from others CODs. The multiplayer is LAGGY (no dedicated server) always with the NAT problem (damn i play every online game OK and with this i need to do al the mess with my router?) and not very funny. Many DLC as always with maps and guns... and the price is too high. Anyway i not reccomend them because the game is really bad. In multiplayer everyone only jump to avoid being hit. WTF!?
  71. Nov 26, 2014
    If Black Ops 2 and Titanfall had a baby it would be Advanced Warfare.
    You have almost the same (no wallrun sadly) moves available but with all the mechanics and style of CoD.
    Pros: - Exo-moves are fun - Optimization is very good for a CoD game, equal to BLOPS 2 - Create-a-class in this CoD is the best so far - Crates dropping weapon variants and clothing for your character is a fun
    If Black Ops 2 and Titanfall had a baby it would be Advanced Warfare.
    Pros:
    - Exo-moves are fun
    - Optimization is very good for a CoD game, equal to BLOPS 2
    - Create-a-class in this CoD is the best so far
    - Crates dropping weapon variants and clothing for your character is a fun addition
    Unfortunately this CoD has some major issues
    Cons:
    - Kill streaks are the LEAST FUN in any CoD game released so far (very hard to get and just...weak)
    - CHEATERS !!!!! Those **** 12-year olds who fukd your mom last night are back with a vengeance. Not as bad as MW 3 but enough to make me sick of playing it.
    - Item progression is kinda bad, some challenges required for certain attachments and camoes are very grindy, and there is no reason for it

Not a bad CoD title but I may go back to BLOPS 2 after a while, killstreaks ruin it for me. This CoD is just not nearly as rewarding. 6/10
  72. Dec 17, 2014
    Leaving out the biased comments aside. Everyone, please stop exercising your bigotry and try to make an attempt to play the game before criticizing it's value. I have played the Battlefield franchise for years, which I lean more towards to because of my personal preference when it comes to simulating warfare.

Thanks to the Steam sale, I was able to give AW a go without hesitation, I

Thanks to the Steam sale, I was able to give AW a go without hesitation, I admit that I was intrigued when I saw the trailer. Bought it at a lower price to set my expectations and never looked back.

Honestly, this is coming from a Battlefield 4 player. Advanced Warfare looked absolutely breathtaking with all the fancy DirectX 11 features like Bokeh DOF, Spacial Bloom, Tessellation, NVIDIA exclusive HBAO+ AO, TXAA Anti-Aliasing and Volumetric Rays.
    Supersampling is also an option which I've enjoyed using without much impact on performance.
    Overall, despite the awful plot and tedious linear gameplay on top of its apathetic expositions. Almost forgot to mention the ancient peer to peer multiplayer hosting. AW is a must buy for most seasoned veterans of both franchises.

7.5/10 Singeplayer
    6/10 Multiplayer
  73. Feb 18, 2015
    I haven't played any CoD game since the original. So count me off, as someone who got sick of the CoD games over the years. Nope. I played BF, BF2, BF3, The last game I've played was "Bad Company 2", which I thought was fun and well made. So I said, what the hell...I'll give it a shot. Bought it with a big discount (50% off) and see what's the fuss is all about.
    So....I think, there
    So....I think, there isn't much changed since the original CoD. Sure the graphics look better, but damn, this game is old! The way it plays is just so same like 10 years ago! They seem to be unable to innovate? Why is this still small claustrophobic maps, while the single player is a tunnel shooter? Predetermined paths and scripted events, dumb AI. I thought we were over this a long time ago!
    Graphics is one thing, but for c-st sake..innovate something already! I can't even imagine, that all the incarnations of this game over the years (I can't even count the CoD titles I skipped over the years) and - apparently- it's still the same? People need to stop buying this, because in the corporate gaming world, your wallet is your vote. Please do not spend money on this series, the developers and the distributor needs to get a clear message, that it's time to move on!
  74. Dec 28, 2014
    After the disaster that was Black Ops, I've stayed away from COD games. After reading a few reviews on here that critics were just fanboy bashing and that they had genuinely tried something different in the FPS field, I decided to get a (discounted) copy.

What a disappointment. This is just the same tired COD, the same tired gameplay, the same graphics. With a double-jump feature. That's it. That's classed as innovation now.
  75. Nov 14, 2014
    Campaign is very good but very predictable, multiplayer sadly again with very small boxed map making it even smaller now since you can jump all over, also insta death who shoots first is still in, mechs arent as impressive as titanfall, just average but overal just good for a few hours of boredom.
  76. Dec 6, 2014
    El juego es en sí termino medio, le pondría un 5 si es que funcionará mejor. Lastimosamente tiene algunos problemas de configuración. Algunas opciones gráficas no están bien configuradas y cargar 5 minutos de video cada vez que se hace una configuración arruina bastante el comienzo del juego.

La jugabilidad, el exo, la acción y la mira con el mouse están muy bien logrados, por tal motivo el juego no puede llevar un cero.

Kevin Spacy le da otro punto y la historia no es tan mala pero si muy predecible, ni una sorpresa. si esperan algo memorable como el MW1-2 o el BO1-2 se van a llevar una decepción muy grande. Mejor no esperar nada y así se lleva otro punto en historia.

El multiplayer no anda, así que un juego multijugador pierde la mitad de sus puntos al no funcionar (-5 puntos por eso)

Total 3 puntos: 1 historia, 1 jugabilidad y 1 entretenimiento (kevin spacy entretiene y la acción de momentos es muy divertida)

Observación: el juego es muuuuucho más lento que Titanfall, los que busquen adrenalina mejor prueben el otro.
  77. Nov 30, 2014
    I read some stuff about Activision taking down some videos on youtube. Well that's a big negative imo. I wouldn't waste a single dollar to a company like that, no matter how big-budget or fancy their games are. If you don't respect your customers, you don't deserve a penny. That being said, I heard the game is full of cheats, bugs etc. People having lots of connection issues. NowadaysI read some stuff about Activision taking down some videos on youtube. Well that's a big negative imo. I wouldn't waste a single dollar to a company like that, no matter how big-budget or fancy their games are. If you don't respect your customers, you don't deserve a penny. That being said, I heard the game is full of cheats, bugs etc. People having lots of connection issues. Nowadays people have so many options, limitless shooters in the market. So I would gladly try-out some low-budget games instead of any COD game. Expand
  78. Apr 1, 2015
    I buy COD games for multi-player only, so I can only comment on that aspect of the game. That being said, I didn't buy this game, it was a gift. After all us PC gamers got ripped off buying an incomplete shoddy port of Ghosts, I vowed never to buy anymore IW versions of this game, and now I can add Sledgehammer Games to that list.

Pro's - The game is beautiful. Graphics are a solid

Pro's -
    The game is beautiful. Graphics are a solid 9+.

Most of the movement is fluid, and most of the weapons feel balanced.

The customization of the avatar's outfit and Exo is a nice touch

Con's -
    P2P, after repeatedly being told that the game would have dedicated servers, that simply is not the case... again. This game has so much potential, but is hindered greatly without dedicated servers. This leads into problems in many areas, and a major issue is the lag compensation. One game I'll have ok hit detection, then the next I'll squeeze off 4-5 bullets directly on target, and not one will register. This leads to whoever I'm shooting at to hear me fire, turn and return fire and kill me with bullet. Spectating your team will also display this behavior in lag comp, and leads to a ton of warranted complaining.

The spawn system needs to be reworked. You will literally spawn right in front of the enemy, making it super easy to be killed. I've spawned several time in the middle of a group of the opposing team, which always results in me being killed again instantly, and usually the enemy will get a team kill or two in the process.

The maps are decent size for players without exo suits, but since all players have them, it makes the maps feel really small.

DLC... there are a few issues here. First is the fact that Microsoft and Activision are in bed with each other, and have a deal worked out where Xbox gets any DLC 1 month before the other platforms, which IMO is a dumb practice that alienates everyone else that paid good money for the game too. Why are we be penalized because we do not own an Xbox? Makes no sense. This doesn't make me want to buy an Xbox, it makes me not want to buy the game. The 2nd part is this DLC nonsense is that is separates the gaming community into the haves and have nots. As seen with MW2, BO, MW3, BO2, Ghosts, and now AW, it splits the community and quickly kills the game. The falloff on Ghosts was so bad that the game was a ghost town after the first DLC was released, but that also had to do with the fact that Ghosts was a horrible game. And now that you can purchase guns, ie laser guns, this game has become a Pay to Win game. The laser guns are ridiculous overpowered and ruin what little balance the game had.

Conclusion -
    Avoid this game at all costs. It's 6 moths after release, and major flaws/issues still have not been addressed, and this point, probably never will. It's definitely not worth the $59.99 price tag, and even at 50% off, that would still be a stretch. Save your money.
  79. Apr 14, 2015
    Oh great, another call of duty title. Decided to try this when it was free during a weekend on steam. It is just like the rest, but with a few more features. It was fun at first, but then FPS was all over the place, and it became repetitive very quickly. I don't know what it is about MW3 and BO2 that makes them addictive for me, but this isn't great at all. Completely overhyped, to theOh great, another call of duty title. Decided to try this when it was free during a weekend on steam. It is just like the rest, but with a few more features. It was fun at first, but then FPS was all over the place, and it became repetitive very quickly. I don't know what it is about MW3 and BO2 that makes them addictive for me, but this isn't great at all. Completely overhyped, to the maximum capacity. Weapons are not impressive at all, the maps are decent, create a character is actually pretty cool. That's about it. The only reason I give this a score of 2 is because of the new movement and new character creation. Other than those two, its the same as the rest. Expand
  80. Feb 4, 2015
    It might be fine on consoles. I don't know. Judging it on the PC version. It's completely and utterly unplayable for about 3 hours until you figure out how to optimise the damn thing. 'Oh hey' says the game, 'you want to make your game look better on a good machine?'. 'Yes' I reply. 'Well tough' says the game. So glad I only got the free multiplayer trial and since this series nowIt might be fine on consoles. I don't know. Judging it on the PC version. It's completely and utterly unplayable for about 3 hours until you figure out how to optimise the damn thing. 'Oh hey' says the game, 'you want to make your game look better on a good machine?'. 'Yes' I reply. 'Well tough' says the game. So glad I only got the free multiplayer trial and since this series now emphasises that multiplayer is now as important if not more important than single player, I'll take that as a sign to judge it entirely on what I have seen. So concluding, it's a horrible, buggy, badly optimised mess. Give it a mess, 2 out of 10. Expand
  81. Dec 2, 2014
    3/10 is for the campaign, which is fun. Not a great story or anything, just some fun, call-of-duty-esque fun.
    0/10 is for the multiplayer. Doesn't work. Please add dedicated servers like you promised. Too laggy to play as of now. If you thought battlefield 4 had netcode problems, holy ####. Prepare to hit a guy 5-8 times to be shot before he even turns around, then watch the killcam show that none of your shots even fired.

Every once in a while you enter into a server where everything is running smooth, and it is a truly great game. In these moments, I feel like this could be the best COD multiplayer experience ever. I feel nostalgia for quake and unreal tournament. Then the next game I'm back to these terrible P2P matchmaking shenanigans. Please fix this games MP and I will update it to the 8 or 9 out 10 that this game deserves.
  82. Dec 17, 2014
    This franchise is getting worst with every new game, when i purchase ghosts i said myself, that will the last one, i liked it, i had so many problems with my system configuration (2 graphic card, triple monitor setup...), and also is wasnt good enough to pay the amount it costs.

I am disappointed again, this time game works better, but it doesnt worth the money spent on it, short singleplayer campaings, and barely played a few hours on multiplayer vs hundreds played on modern warfare series :(
  83. Nov 22, 2014
    Its not bad, nor is it good. It works on PC, is fun, in that CoD sort of way, has good facial animations and Kevin Spacey. While it wont change your outlook on CoD, its still enjoyable for those who are into this kind of game.
  84. Jun 2, 2015
    Pls stop buy call of duty, it is same looking game, only with other design.
    It is like dlc 6 years all cods.
    Pls don't buy next call of duty.
    Have mind.
  85. Apr 18, 2015
    The game is not bad but there are some things that really suck in this game:
    -Only some guns are good (ASM1, Bal-27)
    -Exos are really crap after some time.
    -Some connection problems.
  86. Jan 21, 2015
    No privately rented dedicated server support and a server browser... STOP BUYING THIS GARBAGE!

If the developers can't be bothered to implement the basic building blocks of an online FPS game then why bother giving them money!? I don't want to sit in some stupid lobby like these filthy console peasants waiting to get a game, and then when you do get a game have to put up with ridiculous latency, host migrations or pathetically low max players per match.

P2P match making lobbies are clearly vastly inferior to dedicated servers where I choose which server to join to ENSURE I get good latency not having to hope for good latency, and no, getting dedicated servers hosted by the developers in a data centre isn't good enough either.

We need privately owned/rented servers without any restrictions on what companies we can rent from with a fully functional server browser and favorites list.
  87. Nov 11, 2014
    COD Advanced Warfare is better than ghosts. it really is, but you can't get worse than ghosts. Whenever I look at the game I see Titanfall and black-light Retribution written all over it. While black light is a mixed bag, it's freemium model becomes tolerable after the 5 dollar pass. (which i mentioned in my review for the ps4 port.) PC people should rejoice since the freemium on the PCCOD Advanced Warfare is better than ghosts. it really is, but you can't get worse than ghosts. Whenever I look at the game I see Titanfall and black-light Retribution written all over it. While black light is a mixed bag, it's freemium model becomes tolerable after the 5 dollar pass. (which i mentioned in my review for the ps4 port.) PC people should rejoice since the freemium on the PC version is only for skins and doesn't require 5 bucks. Better to spend 5 bucks on black light for ps4 or free on PC. (plus since black-light is free, no PS plus required.) The cost for COD AW: $60(actual game) $50-$60(PS plus) and more money for DLC.
    Cost for Black light: $0(To play) $5(To unlock guns permanently, one time fee, free on PC.) $0 (For multiplayer fees).
    I understand that this review is mentioning black-light a lot but that's what AW is essentially a $60 dollar Black light, Titanfall and Crysis with the crappy Call of Duty repetition. AW isn't as **** as people say it is. It's just not worth the price considering how the final product compares to the hype and their are superior alternatives that either cost the same or are cheaper. EX: Battlefield.
    AW is closest to fresh air that the franchise has gotten in MW2. the problem is that it's not fresh enough.
  88. Dec 17, 2014
    I haven't played this game but it seems my review will be as informative as all the ones already uploaded.

upvote if u never want to see a useful review again
  89. Nov 25, 2014
    The PC version of this game is by far the absolute worst and feels like a step back on previous call of duty games and the battlefield series which have leveraged the PC platform to make great games better on a more open and powerful system. What would have been a good multi-player shooter is stifled with technical and design issues making it almost unplayable.

I found the single player

I found the single player uninteresting but your mileage may vary over the 5 hour campaign for it's high retail price.

If you are returning to COD after a few of their previous titles failed to impress on the PC - don't bother picking this one up - it is a complete mess and cheaters, lag issues on the peer to peer system and awful performance issues and crashes are all that you can bet on greeting you.
  90. Dec 7, 2014
    I avoided CoD Ghosts due to bad reviews, but thought I'd give this one a go seeing as it seemed to get more favorable reports from some of the more respected commenters, such as TB.

However, I must say that this is the worst purchase I have made this year, and am kicking myself for not trusting my gut. The single player is exactly the same thing as every other CoD, and has now become so boring to play. The hand-holding mechanics are now at an unprecedented level in my opinion, and seems even worse than previous incarnations. The only improvement to campaign this time around is Kevin Spacey, whose fantastic performance does lend some quality to the campaign. Unfortunately, the storyline fundamentally is not up-to-scratch, and it's all a bit too predictable. As far as single player goes, I will not buy another CoD game if there is even a hint of "follow me" mechanics in there, not when there are so many other great single player experiences on the market today.

The multiplayer has been universally praised as "fresh" and "exciting" by critics. I must be playing a different game. The "innovative" movement mechanics are basically just variations of "double jump" in different directions and apart from that it's exactly the same as previous games. These new mechanics have also clearly just been designed for console controller look/turn speed, and as such the gameplay on PC is just stupid, with every one jumping about and swiveling at breakneck speed, it's just a gigantic cluster f**k with no tactical elements whatsoever. It doesn't feel like a military shooter at all. They have abandoned the idea of dedicated servers, instead opting for the "one player is host system" which makes the lag the worst of any multi-player PC game I have ever played.

The audio is terrible, there are no sounds of your enemies moving to create immersion in the environment or any tactical audio elements and everything is really "soft" and "nice" sounding (not in a good way - it doesn't feel like a battle ground in the slightest). Explosions sound like fireworks.

The port is what I would call just about passable. There is strange mouse acceleration on certain configurations, and limited options (you can't even fine tune the sensitivity of the mouse, it's either too fats or too slow). There is no FOV slider for single player, which means I had to play it with a wireless controller and sit 6 feet from monitor to avoid headaches.

There are many other issues with the game, the menus lag (Yes, a AAA game in 2014 has laggy menus!!!) and the player count on PC is now getting ridiculously low already (you better want to play team Deathmatch, because all the other modes are empty and/or unplayably laggy as the game seemingly gives host to Pablo from Brazil playing on 128kbit dial-up)

Suffice to say, the game is uninstalled.
  91. Dec 7, 2014
    So disappointing, this is without doubt the worst call of duty game made to date and mine is going straight back to the shop. Many will have said this is just halo with a C.O.D badge on it but it's true. In cod there have always been options to play different styles and with different equipment, like claymores and bouncing Betty's, that let you hold off an area and watch your back, or youSo disappointing, this is without doubt the worst call of duty game made to date and mine is going straight back to the shop. Many will have said this is just halo with a C.O.D badge on it but it's true. In cod there have always been options to play different styles and with different equipment, like claymores and bouncing Betty's, that let you hold off an area and watch your back, or you can run and gun. With advanced warfare, no options, just run and gun makes for a very narrow playing experience. Multiplayer menus are slow on line, armory graphics look cheap and the selection of guns is rubbish. After owning it for 2 weeks I'm bored to tears with it and just can't find a gun that's "fun" to play with. Do yourself a favour and keep your money til next year, hopefully treyarch won't drop the ball like sledgehammer had. Expand
  92. Dec 15, 2014
    Having played Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare since its release in 2007, none of the successors have improved over the past years. On the contrary. With the filthy console age we live in, the PC version of Advanced Warfare is a horrible port. 90fps cap, big lag spikes online, ripoff crysis / titanfall exo suit, bad mouse sensitivity adjustment, boring achievement and unlockables. All ofHaving played Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare since its release in 2007, none of the successors have improved over the past years. On the contrary. With the filthy console age we live in, the PC version of Advanced Warfare is a horrible port. 90fps cap, big lag spikes online, ripoff crysis / titanfall exo suit, bad mouse sensitivity adjustment, boring achievement and unlockables. All of this puts this game at a score of 2 / 10. How on earth they came to the conclusion of continuing the non-dedicated server hosting system is beyond my comprehension. This series stopped at COD4:MW, wich is still going strong with its dedicated server and hardcore fanbase. Expand
  93. Mar 18, 2015
    terrible lag due to per to per servers. They should be ashamed of themselves to put this product out to the market in a state that can only be describe as beta testing at best.
  94. Dec 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Because the concept of the exo skeletons seemed so awesome, I decided to pre-order this game on PC.
    When starting the single-player, I noticed the great graphics. Sadly, the game had to start like it usually does. You lose a compagnion. Reaally sucks.

The single player itself is, just like most of the call of duty's, awesome, but the storyline is always boring. It's so predictable! Some random missions, and then some development in the storyline. Even a kid can see where the storyline goes to. No surprises, really. Except for the alliance with Comrack, which I enjoyed. The extra features were nice. The graphics of the storyline movies are outstanding, the best I have yet seen in a game. If this could turn in actual gameplay, wow. The gameplay graphics are still the same.

The storyline is, again, way too short.. I would rather have them publish a game every two years that's long with an outstanding storyline and great multiplayer, than this rubbish. It's all about the money, it seems.

As I explored the multiplayer, I became very disappointed. The exo skeletons aren't an extra. They suck. I can imagine it's amazing for some, because of new speed, new dimensions, a new way of playing etc., but for me it's plain rubbish. I like to play a game stealthy without camping, but here there is no stealth at all. And if you're trying to be, someone will always spot u while hovering over you.

I play with a controller on my pc and I feel I have a disadvantage. People with gaming mouses can set it up to reduce the recoil of the weapon and thus stabilize it while shooting. When I shoot, the weapon mostly shoots everywhere, while others (I watch the killcams) don't seem to have any difficulty with firing their weapon.

I don't feel like buying anymore of their games!! If only I could sell this very bad game!
  95. Jan 1, 2015
    garbage game, not too many things i can control in the game that we should be able to, its like theyre teasing us, keep on getting "loading" in the middle of intense scenes, not very realistic, good graphics horrible recticles and dont ever get back up from my "team" in campaign. i thought call of duty wouldve stepped it up
  96. Jan 12, 2015
    A new call of duty. Its like taking the last years presents and wrapping them again. No one wants that. It has also been ported to PC quite poorly. I don't even see the so called "next-gen" textures. They should focus on bug-fixing and porting the game better. For me, the game doesn't lag or anything like that. Its just that they still use the player-as-host method which is pretty oldA new call of duty. Its like taking the last years presents and wrapping them again. No one wants that. It has also been ported to PC quite poorly. I don't even see the so called "next-gen" textures. They should focus on bug-fixing and porting the game better. For me, the game doesn't lag or anything like that. Its just that they still use the player-as-host method which is pretty old already. If people have a bad connection its just cancer to play. I played this for 20+ hours then i uninstalled it. Its like MW3 all over again. 70€ down the drain. 0/5 would buy again. (Still giving a 2 because of the way things are going, i hope that someday i might want to play Call Of Duty again. Like in the old days.) Expand
  97. Jan 24, 2015
    The call of duty series has always been a strange one. Call of duty 4 was brilliant, and was (in my personal opinion) one of the best COD games ever made. MW2 was highly anticipated, and did an OK job at expanding the story line and improving multiplayer by a considerable amount. One of the first "Off topic" call of duty games was World At War, which changed the whole way COD was played.The call of duty series has always been a strange one. Call of duty 4 was brilliant, and was (in my personal opinion) one of the best COD games ever made. MW2 was highly anticipated, and did an OK job at expanding the story line and improving multiplayer by a considerable amount. One of the first "Off topic" call of duty games was World At War, which changed the whole way COD was played. Advanced warfare is a modern World at war. It has drastically changed the way COD is played, in good (and bad) ways. Many people have became highly critical of this game due to it's new features. Because of this, AW has developed a sort of "Love/Hate" Relationship with its fans. I think that sledgehammer took a huge risk with this game- which was unexpected, due most cod games being the same thing, but with different things in them. Call of duty is a lot like a sandwich. The concept is the bread, and the series/title is the filling. The bread stays the same, but the filling changes. They have changed the bread to flatbread for this game.
    The campaign lacks replay ability. It's very short too. Engine is very old, and it's turning into titanfall.
    If you're a die hard COD fan and you have the money spare, this is a decent buy. If you've never played COD games before, give this one a miss- it's nothing like its predecessors.
  98. Feb 19, 2015
    This game is just a BS*t and S*ks to the end . nothing new were added and if you,re trying to have a good match you wont cause of its sick methods however they,re trying to show show new features but they fail and so that this game doesn't deserve any money . stupid game
  99. Mar 8, 2015
    No, I do not.
    Good thing that I didn't waste 60 dollars on this.
    You know what? This crap is so unbalanced that the game is actually dead outside of Team deathmatch. The lasers are all you need to dominate a match. the game is a bigger chaotic mess than ever again. Almost any class except submachine gun and lasers are useless. The variety of assault rifles is a joke with only one
    No, I do not.
    Good thing that I didn't waste 60 dollars on this.
    You know what?
    The lasers are all you need to dominate a match.
    the game is a bigger chaotic mess than ever again.
    Almost any class except submachine gun and lasers are useless.
    The variety of assault rifles is a joke with only one semi automatic weapon that is also crap.
    This game is a sad end to what was started so many years ago back to the first Call of Duty.
    I bet more than half of these kids playing COD nowadays have no idea what it was like to actually play a good Call of Duty multiplayer.
    don't waste your money and get a better game.

Also no dedicated servers, yeah....
  100. Mar 28, 2015
    Finaly somethink new and fresh this doesnt save the series forever but it is a step in the right direction
    just hope the next one is better that would be awesome

1. Jan 9, 2015
    This game is a lot of fun. There’s some Crysis in it, some Titanfall, some elements borrowed from Unreal Tournament and Battlefield. Underneath it’s still Call of Duty though, finally modernized in terms of visuals. [13/2014, p.50]
  2. Dec 23, 2014
    It's the best Call of Duty campaign in years, and the multiplayer continues to scratch a certain itch. [Jan 2015, p.64]
  3. Dec 14, 2014
    A new engine and new ideas breath new life into a series that was in serious danger of turning stale.