4.5

1. Nov 4, 2014
    No dedicated servers. Same terrible netcode. Avoid at all costs. Until they reinstate dedicated server support for this series the online competitive multiplayer is officially dead due to horrible lag. 0/10.
  2. Nov 4, 2014
    Not supporting dedicated servers is an insult to the superiority that is the PC master race. Maybe console gamers can handle the variable latency issues, but I won't.
  3. Nov 4, 2014
    Unlike others, I'll explain why this game is bad.

1) Netcode. It's the same as all previous CoDs, peer-to-peer "servers". Horrible latency causes people to seemingly die in 1 shot, while others get a huge advantage. It's their horrible netcode that tries to balance ping with play. It never works and never will. 2) Same old stuff, new look. Only now we can call it "CoD:
    Unlike others, I'll explain why this game is bad.

2) Same old stuff, new look. Only now we can call it "CoD: Titanfall edition". If you're looking for a skilled team game that takes good aim and situational awareness, this isn't it. People just fly around guns blazing all the time.

3) "Classic" modes, where they take out the exo suit movement, brings it back down a notch to the skilled play area. If this mode catches on, it could make the experience much better.

4) Posistional audio is horrible. On multiple tested headsets, including the Logitech G930 and the Psyko Audio 5.1 real sound sets, there is virtually no rear channels. Good luck hearing anyone behind you.

5) Graphics are ok, but nothing new by any means. I play 4k with 3x GTX 980's in SLI. The game itself runs crisp and smooth but nothing to get excited over.

So there you have it. Pretty much the same problems that plague older releases.....and why Acitivision / whoever makes it this year make no attempts to fix it is beyond my reasoning. Horrible netcode, monkeys flying around everywhere, same ole' same ole'.

And for the love of buddah do not bother trying to snipe. It's like trying to swat a fly buzzing around your skull with a postage stamp.
  4. Nov 4, 2014
    At first I thought that there was something wrong with the game settings since I have been hearing how great the graphics were. I had everything cranked, even with supersampling and I could still see muddy textures and terrible aliasing. I couldn't help but wonder if this is a AAA title or a FTP MP game.
    Graphics aside, this is a corridor shooter that isn't worth the money. I feel cheated :(
    Last time I buy a CoD game.....ever.
  5. Nov 6, 2014
    While this is an 'Okay' game, its not worth the 60€ they are asking.
    The amount of bugs in the multiplayer system is insane, and the P2P connection (no dedicated servers) is one big **** up on their side. It's laggy and the game crashes, the server are so unstable right now it's just to laugh at.
    Gameplay is just about the same as all other CoD games out there, with a few improvements..
  6. Nov 4, 2014
    Let me preface this review by stating I'm in my thirties and losing my reaction time faster than my hair. However I have played every iteration of COD and feel slightly more qualified to comment than a multitude of adolescents who claims this is the "Best COD ever" having only played Ghosts before AW.

After the utter shambles that was COD Ghosts I wasn't expecting much from Advanced Warfare but like a moth to a flame I dutifully purchased AW hoping I wouldn't get burned.

After merely minutes in single player it was immediately apparent this was a vast improvement on Ghosts. The game actually ran properly - no stuttering in the menu, the mouse actually moved where you wanted it to and it didn't take a fortnight to load each mission. Add to that the fact they've added a multitude of PC specific options in the menu and so far so good!

Fast forward a couple of hours and I was really enjoying single player. It's a decent storyline, it looks good (as good as this engine can look) and sounds great. Maybe this years COD isn't going to be so bad after all?!?

Then I tried multiplayer. On dear... Let me use an analogy - Take a room full of young children who suffer from hyperactivity. Sit them down and feed them copious amounts of full fat Coke, chocolate, and sweets with plenty of E numbers. Now let them outside to play nicely... Yeah chaos ensues! Some kids are running around in circles, some are climbing all over boxes, some are in trees, some keep sneaking up on you and kicking you in the shins. It's complete and utter chaos! That's pretty much multiplayer in Advanced Warfare.

Any sense of strategy or tactics goes out the window the seconds that countdown hits zero. It's very much every man for himself as players bounce round the map in circles. Lining up a shot? Wait he's now bounced super gummy bear style behind you and stuck his first through your skull. Ok so you slowly get used to the fact it's no longer a case of looking in the "usual" spots and instead you spend just as much time looking at the sky as you do around corners but hey it's "different"!

You should also note that while developers have confirmed dedicated servers are coming, quite why they're coming after release date I'm not sure, until then you're at the mercy of P2P. One minute you'll have four bars, the next one bar, and repeat..

All in all it's a great single player campaign but, for this reviewer at least, a poor multiplayer game.
  7. Nov 24, 2014
    what a piece of crap. 10 yrs ago it would be an achievement. still this is where it belongs. not in 2014. if you want exosuites and and robots and advanced warfare do as I did: buy Titanfall
  8. Nov 7, 2014
    As we all should know by this point, buying any Call of Duty release during it's launch window is a gamble. I decided to plunk down $60 for Advanced Warfare because I was feeling nostalgic for the online play from earlier titles, and the early critic reviews were surprisingly good, so I decided to give it a try. After spending the whole day with the game, I can tell you I found it to haveAs we all should know by this point, buying any Call of Duty release during it's launch window is a gamble. I decided to plunk down $60 for Advanced Warfare because I was feeling nostalgic for the online play from earlier titles, and the early critic reviews were surprisingly good, so I decided to give it a try. After spending the whole day with the game, I can tell you I found it to have been a very, very disappointing purchase--and I am again bitterly reminded of the collusion and softballing that has become so common between developers and game review publishers.

The game seems to have the ultimate potential to be as fun and enjoyable as some of the best Call of Cuty titles prior. With a little more work, the Exo-Suit mechanics like super-jumping and dodging might a nice fresh spin to the multiplayer. But after 3 years of working on this title in the 10-year-old Call of Duty engine (which you would think should be fairly well mastered at this point, and less resource-intensive relative to modern engines), developer Sledgehammer Games has somehow managed a complete failure in performance optimization to the point where it's baffling how such a low standard would have been allowed by the publisher for release. The very same computer which allowed me to play Black Ops 2 during it's launch window with all graphical settings maxed out, at a solid 60 fps, experiences poor performance, stuttering, and infuriating input lag--even when playing Advanced Warfare on medium-to-low settings with all advanced graphical features turned off. These performance issues are then compounded with extremely poor network performance with the P2P server system used by the game--again, something that is baffling to me given that it's been mastered several times before in the same engine--the background that several other Call of Duty games using a P2P system should have produced for Sledgehammer to draw upon and improve upon, but somehow they have released with a system that is producing the absolute worst connection lag I have ever experienced in a Call of Duty title on any platform.

Between the performance issues, input lag on your mouse and controls during play, and the absolutely stark-terrible connection lag, it is nearly impossible to feel at all competitive in a multiplayer match even as a seasoned Call of Duty player. The competitive thrill is really the sole purpose and source of enjoyment for these titles, so without that, the game is just an exercise in futility and frustration. This is really the crux of my poor review for the game. Call of Duty games, to me, are all about the excitement of competitive twitch/tactical shooting--where you give up having the most impressive graphics or the biggest maps in exchange for great performance, low lag, and fantastic, tight controls--the things needed for purity of contest. If you take these few things away, the game becomes utterly worthless.

Sledgehammer Games was working on a 3-year development cycle with access to some of the best budgets, talent, resources, and background knowledge to make a game using a 10-year old engine that was completely unambitious on it's face. And in spite of all this, all they could managed to push out when their release date rolled around was a glorified open beta with more issues than can be suffered to have fun playing. The only Call of Duty title that was released in a worse state was the infamous 'Ghosts,' which released to a chorus of bad reviews and was thoroughly called out as the poor effort it was by gamers and critics alike. Somehow, Advanced Warfare, a game similarly devoid of standards, seems to have been given a near-unanimous pass on everything that's wrong with it by all the mainstream critics--and even has a surprisingly (and perhaps even suspiciously) high level of positive player reviews on Steam.
  9. Nov 4, 2014
    There is something about it that is badly aged. On a modern rig, it just looks a bit flat. Anyway, BAM, unskippable cut scenes starts this review off at 5/10 for commiting acts of development crime. Forcing me to watch this garbage with my precious time instead of playing anything. Then when I actually get to the game, it plays it for me. I was lining up a face shot and my team blew himThere is something about it that is badly aged. On a modern rig, it just looks a bit flat. Anyway, BAM, unskippable cut scenes starts this review off at 5/10 for commiting acts of development crime. Forcing me to watch this garbage with my precious time instead of playing anything. Then when I actually get to the game, it plays it for me. I was lining up a face shot and my team blew him away, so I selected a new target, and he was blown away. So I figured there is no point in actually playing the game. It is like a cutscene where I control the camera. Then I seen people prancing around on jet packs, and I thought man this game sucks. It will just be a spray fest. It is one true stinker of a game and even if it was free, the bandwidth would still be too much to pay. Expand
  10. Nov 4, 2014
    * LvL 50 Multiplayer review *

Random? Gun Damage - Two enemies at the same distance, one needs 15 bullets before he dies and the other one dies in 5 bullets, really no clue how this is possible but it happens ALL THE TIME. It really feels like bullets randomly deal between 10%-200% damage Netcode? - 90% of my deaths feel like I died instantly with no chance to retaliate, my last
    * LvL 50 Multiplayer review *

Netcode? - 90% of my deaths feel like I died instantly with no chance to retaliate, my last death I got shot from about 50 meters by a silenced SMG and I died instantly. When I try this, I need to hit a full mag.... Ragequited pretty hard.

Guns - There are only 4 *meta* guns worth using, the rest is just terrible. All shotguns are really bad ( need 2x more range to work ), sometimes need 5 shots at 5 meters distance while enemy needs 3 bullets with his ak12. Snipers need 2-3 hits to kill someone, and it's already hard enough to hit people when they are jumping around like monkeys.

Knifing - I removed the knife keybinding.... I tried to knife people 500+ times and maybe got 3 knife kills out of it. Enemy has to be either in kissing range, to your left or BEHIND you.....

Same Call of Duty, but now with more mobility and lasers for $60...
  11. Nov 4, 2014
    Once again a AAA studio has people in their PR department making Review accounts that spam the same review across the board cross platform and have never reviewed any other game, always giving it a 10. I can rarely trust games on their merits now a days because the reviews are so often falsified.
  12. Nov 3, 2014
    Short campaign. We beat it in 4 hours. Mediocre multiplayer. Seems like the creator of these games has stopped caring or something. Please put more effort into the next game. This isn't worth $60. Give to charity instead.
  13. Nov 3, 2014
    It's better than ghosts but then again, that wasn't hard to begin with. Same old engine (it is still the ancient id tech engine) still the shallow SP campaign, still the narrow corridor. dumb AI and "you are leaving the mission area if you take 5 steps in direction game doesn't want you to go in.

COD and Activision do not deserve the money they will make on this. 1/10, still has ways

COD and Activision do not deserve the money they will make on this.
    1/10, still has ways to go, would not buy.
  14. Nov 3, 2014
    Not horrible... but not that good either. If you liked Ghosts then you will ignore the bad map design, lagging, and monotony of this new title. The only word that keeps coming to mind is "meh." A lot of the new mechanics seem fun at first, until you realize they are almost more of a liability than not. Nothing has changed to drove people away from the corner hugging circle camping thatNot horrible... but not that good either. If you liked Ghosts then you will ignore the bad map design, lagging, and monotony of this new title. The only word that keeps coming to mind is "meh." A lot of the new mechanics seem fun at first, until you realize they are almost more of a liability than not. Nothing has changed to drove people away from the corner hugging circle camping that dominates so many other COD titles. I may consider changing my score as weapon unlocks either reiconfroce this monotony (lowering my score) or overcomes it (raising my score). Expand
  15. Nov 3, 2014
    Where do i start this? Same game, different year and differet paintjob but nothing new. Yes, not even this time around anything new, it's just the same old same old. This game is still even running on the infamous id tech III/quake 3 engine which is from 1999! Is it possible to get AAA games that are 16 years old? Well, apparently it is :( These ppl just will continue to milk on cluelessWhere do i start this? Same game, different year and differet paintjob but nothing new. Yes, not even this time around anything new, it's just the same old same old. This game is still even running on the infamous id tech III/quake 3 engine which is from 1999! Is it possible to get AAA games that are 16 years old? Well, apparently it is :( These ppl just will continue to milk on clueless ppl and obviously the clueless ppl will continue on throwing cash at these greedy publishers.

Here is something you can do though. Instead of going out and buying the new call of duty, how about you do differently this year? You don't go out and buy the same **** so that games will start to get better, because they don't try to mimic this cashcow anymore and therefore don't get ruined and we get rid from this stagnation that is bugging games thesedays. Yes, call of duty is the biggest responsible for us having nowadays stagnation in our gaming community. We don't get varied games because they all try to mimic call of duty. Now i know we don't like that, so therefore you could just be and not go out and get the new call of duty this year. I promise you, it will pay off, because then we will get some totally new game, nothing to do with call of duty, that is gonna blow us out from the water. Totally innovative, totally crazy fun.

Don't buy this.
  16. Nov 3, 2014
    Graphic evolution XD maybe for a super nintendo game but this game looks and feels like a 70 dollar piece of **** ... PLS save your money and dont buy this game its so poor in gameplay and the singleplayer is useless and the story never starts going somewhere its the same story every military shooter has no point of playing this story. Also the multiplayer is less fun even with high kdrGraphic evolution XD maybe for a super nintendo game but this game looks and feels like a 70 dollar piece of **** ... PLS save your money and dont buy this game its so poor in gameplay and the singleplayer is useless and the story never starts going somewhere its the same story every military shooter has no point of playing this story. Also the multiplayer is less fun even with high kdr you can kill 5 people the you get kill with an easy 1 shot from behind and well its just like **** this game i quit there are many better shooter games to play Expand
  17. Nov 3, 2014
    bad ping, lags, FPS drops. Overall a bad running game, I think!
    But consoles people play quietly, and PC as usual in hand, the game as you want to receive.
  18. Nov 3, 2014
    More aim-assist casual no-skill, no brains, garbage... A game that plays itself for you like every COD before it. Nothing has changed. It's the same COD as always, and not worth a cent.
  19. Nov 3, 2014
    First of all, I want to remind everyone that this game still runs on that 10 year old engine, seriously. OK and now onto the game itself, while I haven't ecountered any lag issues for now I'll like to remind everyone that this game DOESN'T HAVE DEDICATED SERVERS OR MOD TOOLS. With the new jumping mechanics, there will be potential for great mods but yep, they're not here. Also, all of thisFirst of all, I want to remind everyone that this game still runs on that 10 year old engine, seriously. OK and now onto the game itself, while I haven't ecountered any lag issues for now I'll like to remind everyone that this game DOESN'T HAVE DEDICATED SERVERS OR MOD TOOLS. With the new jumping mechanics, there will be potential for great mods but yep, they're not here. Also, all of this new Exo-suit and whatever **** really is just a rip-off of Crysis and Titanfall. Expand
  20. Nov 3, 2014
    This game has no changes in the visual components, the graphics are very horrible, the characters are a plastic dolls. Not to mention that the game engine does not support tessellation. For 2 years of Development SS the game has small changes.....
  21. Nov 10, 2014
    Better than COD's from last 3-4 years but that doesn't mean game is good. Didn't have problems with performance but graphics is still pretty bad even in ultra settings, specially trees which looks like in games 10 years ago (watch trees etc. when you descend from the cliff). They did a lot of effort to change gameplay from standard COD which improve game a little. Most annoying thing inBetter than COD's from last 3-4 years but that doesn't mean game is good. Didn't have problems with performance but graphics is still pretty bad even in ultra settings, specially trees which looks like in games 10 years ago (watch trees etc. when you descend from the cliff). They did a lot of effort to change gameplay from standard COD which improve game a little. Most annoying thing in campaign are long story sequences which are impossible to skip. Probably feature which is there just to make more "playing" hours. Expand
  22. Nov 4, 2014
    It already has hackers in it. Only good thing about this game is that it is not a browser game like bf games and it does not have nurse class so you will not be revived in front of the enemy all the time. And resawns are fast so you can acctualy play the game nad not wait. But everything else is really bad. Instead of improving the game and making it more gun vs gun they add even moreIt already has hackers in it. Only good thing about this game is that it is not a browser game like bf games and it does not have nurse class so you will not be revived in front of the enemy all the time. And resawns are fast so you can acctualy play the game nad not wait. But everything else is really bad. Instead of improving the game and making it more gun vs gun they add even more broken stuff, some parkur broken movement, ugly guns, ugly animations, pathetic sounds, terible PC optimization, knfing is still not removed from the game. the sniper scope looks like a joke. no more dual render scopes or scopes like in mw2. now we have these pathetic looking scopes.
    everything about this game sucks. and of course huge amount of cheaters and hackers is to be expected since they do nothing about it
  23. Nov 3, 2014
    I find it so funny how the haters are desperately trying to bump this game down, and looking at all the arguments makes me smile :)

Please Metacritic, do something about these spammers.

The game it'self looks much better than any COD as of yet. The gameplay is the good old COD, but different enough to make it a "newer" experience.
  24. Nov 3, 2014
    Never been more ashamed to be a PC gamer. Call of Duty finally gives us what we want with an extremely robust amount of settings, dedicated servers, a new engine, etc etc. People aren't even giving it a chance, and are instead voting 0 based on what they hear or what they think they know. Half the 0 reviews think that the game runs on the same engine.. do your research, it's a new engineNever been more ashamed to be a PC gamer. Call of Duty finally gives us what we want with an extremely robust amount of settings, dedicated servers, a new engine, etc etc. People aren't even giving it a chance, and are instead voting 0 based on what they hear or what they think they know. Half the 0 reviews think that the game runs on the same engine.. do your research, it's a new engine by a new studio. These reviews are the epitome of what's wrong with Metacritic, where everyone who voted 0 on games either has a 0 or a 10 for all their games. Pathetic, broken system. As someone who's actually played the game, I can tell you that the game is fresh, fun, and definitely the Call of Duty experience that's translated well over onto PC, especially with a movement system that adds enough variety that will have PC players feeling at home. It's not GOTY material, and the story isn't as great as I was hoping, but I'd be lying if I said this wasn't a good game, and I'm going to give it the review it deserves. Not a 10 or a 0 to pad the whole user score to what I personally think it deserves to be at. Grow up people. Expand
  25. Nov 3, 2014
    Count me as surprised, every COD launch since Black Ops as been a disaster. Poorly optimized pieces of garbage pretty much. I've been playing AW for a few hours now and suffered from 0 frame lag. The game runs fluidly and feels well balanced. The hitboxes seem to be spot on and honestly I was a bit concerned the new jumping mechanism would be OP but its not it honestly just adds a newCount me as surprised, every COD launch since Black Ops as been a disaster. Poorly optimized pieces of garbage pretty much. I've been playing AW for a few hours now and suffered from 0 frame lag. The game runs fluidly and feels well balanced. The hitboxes seem to be spot on and honestly I was a bit concerned the new jumping mechanism would be OP but its not it honestly just adds a new dimension to the gameplay. The character customization is pretty awesome and overall I can see myself putting hundreds of hours into the multiplayer. Expand
  26. Nov 3, 2014
    This is probably the best Call of Duty since MW2. I know it's early to make such a sweeping statement but the game just oozes brilliance on a number of levels. It is streets ahead of Ghosts in every aspect and really puts Infinity Ward to absolute shame. Even Treyarch need to raise their game for next year. Sledgehammer have essentially taken the best aspects of past games and fused themThis is probably the best Call of Duty since MW2. I know it's early to make such a sweeping statement but the game just oozes brilliance on a number of levels. It is streets ahead of Ghosts in every aspect and really puts Infinity Ward to absolute shame. Even Treyarch need to raise their game for next year. Sledgehammer have essentially taken the best aspects of past games and fused them into their very own interpretation along with delivering their own brand of unique ideas.

The gameplay is fast, the guns are incredible fun, the matches flow superbly and every second is really enjoyable. The maps are simply stunning to look at and their designs & layouts make way for some frantic action.

The optimisation for PC which has been heavily questioned after Ghosts and Sledgehammer's silence in the media; is actually riddled with depth and all the key elements to compliment your rig. I really did not expect much but they really have hit the nail on the head from a technical standpoint.

I've not enjoyed COD since the Black Ops days but this is a game that really rejuvenates my desire for the franchise. After the pitiful Ghosts last year; this game simply had to deliver and it truly has. SHG took a risk for their first outing and it really paid off in what could be a genre-defining title.
  27. Nov 6, 2014
    How much skill does a player need to rage in COD:Advanced Warfare? Not much apparently. This game is like Unreal Tournament 2000 with all cheats enabled for everyone.

I've never experienced a game, where the developers main focus is to allow players to use "cheats" that would get you banned in other games. Those being: I can see through walls with my gun sight (wall hack). I can

I can see through walls with my gun sight (wall hack). I can shoot through walls (another wall hack). Another gun site lights up all players in front of you in bright red (Skinning Hack). Another gun will track onto lit up targets (Aimbot). Now if that isn't enough to make you an uber player... let's bring in the toys..... shall we? We now have "Homing Grenades" yes, the hand grenades can be tossed in the general direction of the enemy and they will home in onto them, no defense. You have hand grenades that light up every player camping in a building. So I pull out my no skill, shoot through a wall gun, and casually kill everyone. - Homing drones. Yes, boys and girls, you can take this paper airplane looking thing... toss it into the air without a care in the world, and it will fly over the battlefield and when it sees someone, homes in on them. Now, we have drones, that allow everyone to see everyone on the battlefield. A player tosses one of these no brainers into the air, and other players on the team, can join in on the fun, and rain hell down on everybody. And since it sees everyone on the field. You can kill everyone pretty easy. Lightning strikes obliterate anyone in it's path. Cover or no cover. If it flys over, you're dead.

Oh the nifty new dodge feature/gimmick. It allows you to glitch your movement. It's not fluid, and it looks stupid, because the animation is stuck while you do it. And it lights you up on the minimap instantly when you bolt a few feet in a direction. Then you're dead because since the maps are so small, everyone can shoot everyone as long as you can see them. Since everyone can pretty much see everyone, what's the point? You may as well avoid all that, remove the buildings. Put everyone on a flat surface and give them all uzi's.

Sound is horrid. Simply horrid. My surround sound headphones that are normally filled battle sounds and positional sound mapping, is confusing, because sounds just go in and out at random. Very quiet battles. Nobody yelling, nobody saying anything.

Oh a shotgun can be silenced. Shoots like a full automatic rifle, and sounds like a small handgun. The positional 3D should be disabled, because where the footsteps seem to be coming from one direction, they are actually someplace else, because the sound processing is so weak, it's confusing. Turn off your surround sound gear because it makes things worse.

Graphics.... ON a high end graphics card, it is pretty bad. No shading, I don't see any benefit for having shadows on, because you really can't see them, but they do appear to have a negative impact on performance,.... shut them off, because they aren't needed and will make things worse.

Maps are tiny. Tiny tiny. If you play Battlefield, Imagine taking a server of 24 people. Cram them all between A and B objectives on Metro. You get the idea. That's what ALL the maps are like. A smaller, crammed full small Rush Metro map. That's their "Conquest" size map. I get claustrophobic just loading into the map. If you want a quality, fast shooter, that requires some skill... Go play Titanfall. It's much more of everything COD:AW wants to be and more.

I wasn't a COD hateboy before buying this, but I am now. This is a joke. If you like it...good for you, but you must be seriously, easily amused or on a console. This is not PC gaming material. It's nearly an insult.
  28. Nov 11, 2014
    Another COD **** like i said with cod ghosts, this is another garbage, ps2 graphics, same gameplay and mechanics than the previous cod games, nothing new nothing fresh, but of course the stupid reviewers will put this **** a good score because they all receive the money from Activision. This franchise is getting worst and it's only alive because those idiots 10 year old kids who keepAnother COD **** like i said with cod ghosts, this is another garbage, ps2 graphics, same gameplay and mechanics than the previous cod games, nothing new nothing fresh, but of course the stupid reviewers will put this **** a good score because they all receive the money from Activision. This franchise is getting worst and it's only alive because those idiots 10 year old kids who keep playing it. This game is a disaster in every aspect, outdated graphics, repetitive combat as hell, too fantasy to be a war game, but a disgrace this garbage is.
    Stay away from cod franchise.
  29. Nov 7, 2014
    6 hours of campaign, the PC version it's all crashed, CGIs with lag, sound and image desynchronized, poor history, multiplayer with HUGE lag. More of the same, but worst... I would be more happy if I had burned my money than buying this!
  30. Nov 6, 2014
    This review is for Multiplayer part only. The game isn't too bad, its fun to play, weapons seem more-or less balanced but its not all good. First, host-peer system, where your host may end up being very slow and your game being bad because of them. Second, everyone moves at an insane speed, its hard to aim at people now, especially when they dolpin dive under you or simply jump in yourThis review is for Multiplayer part only. The game isn't too bad, its fun to play, weapons seem more-or less balanced but its not all good. First, host-peer system, where your host may end up being very slow and your game being bad because of them. Second, everyone moves at an insane speed, its hard to aim at people now, especially when they dolpin dive under you or simply jump in your face. Its new experience, and its interesting, but not perfect. Next: cheaters are obvious like never since SECOND DAY AFTER RELEASE! If not cheaters, this game would be quite interesting to me, although I ended up not using any killstreaks other than UAV - they just get in the way or require too many points.
    My main issue was and remains not willing to play with cheaters, if this was cheat-free, I'd give this game 6 points (weapons are so "balanced" they all feel the same, like, there's no difference between them, and these exo moves, I don't like them too much considering how limiting the maps are - out of bounds warnings everywhere, or you simply die by getting out of the map). This isn't how Call of Duty was, or how it should be, in my opinion.
  31. Nov 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok, here we go again. I don't get how, according to the fans, "this one is better". I also really don't get how even if the game is set 40 years later, they still use the same guns. And the same uniforms. And the same techs. WHY? Why do these games have to be so bland and boring? I don't give a s#!t that a new Call of Duty game is released every year. It could be released every month for all I care. The things that annoy me are the lack of new content, the stupid design choices and the bland story mode, which has become some sort of training stages for new players, rather than a story mode. The story is the most lazy and predictable thing ever. Basicly country X attacks 'Murica and 'Murica fights back with a team of idiot soldiers. Basicly you are freedom fighter A and, with the help of freedom fighter B you kill anyone who isn't american. However freedom fighter B is killed and you escape. Then you join company Y and fight......................................wait for it......................Terrorists! Then you realise something and blah blah blah....

I would review the multiplayer, but I think the next sentence summarizes it better:
    Lag, Lag and more lag. ALL THE LAG!
  32. Nov 6, 2014
    So another CoD game... Where do I begin. It is just another CoD game in the end with a few little added details, jumping higher, gliding, guns, the sounding !!! What else is new. Campaign, Good! Multiplayer, Bad (as always). Just another CoD game at the end of the day.
  33. Nov 8, 2014
    I think that this has to be the worst COD yet. The dialog, acting, and CGI graphics are great but that's about all the good I can say about it. For the bad, a predictable, overdone plot with loads of button trigger prompts. After 3 of the 6 hours of the campaign I was just playing to be done with it. Multiplayer has been turned into a game of chance where you're in a constant state ofI think that this has to be the worst COD yet. The dialog, acting, and CGI graphics are great but that's about all the good I can say about it. For the bad, a predictable, overdone plot with loads of button trigger prompts. After 3 of the 6 hours of the campaign I was just playing to be done with it. Multiplayer has been turned into a game of chance where you're in a constant state of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. You're in an almost constant state of being exposed to enemy fire whether it's behind, above, below ,or flank. After being spawned 5 times in a row in someone crosshairs in the second round that I've played, I'm already trading this garbage in today. Seeing as how Activision and their devs have completely lost any ability to develop a decent COD game, I say they'd be better off just remaking MW2. I'd like to throw out a hearty FU to IGN for being instrumental in me wasting $60 of my hard earned money. Expand
  34. Nov 7, 2014
    I thought that this COD will be at least good like old times COD, in terms of the gameplay, this game definetively sucks compared to Battlefield series, how people prefer this piece of **** instead of Battlefield? The graphics all maxed out sucks too, and I'm not even a graphic whore, I care more about the gameplay, the game has no ballistics, it's damn too easy to play even in veteranI thought that this COD will be at least good like old times COD, in terms of the gameplay, this game definetively sucks compared to Battlefield series, how people prefer this piece of **** instead of Battlefield? The graphics all maxed out sucks too, and I'm not even a graphic whore, I care more about the gameplay, the game has no ballistics, it's damn too easy to play even in veteran difficulty, the game definetively sucks, the only good thing about it it's the plot.

Uninstalled.
  35. Nov 10, 2014
    How many reviews start with "it's better than Ghosts, but.."

This game sucks. Ghosts sucked. Stay far away unless you have absolutely NOTHING better to play or you somehow enjoyed Ghosts.
  36. Nov 5, 2014
    Same money grab, peer to peer matchamking, and general unpleasantness of the last few CoDs.
    Look at user reviews and comments, not the review companies that get paid to say it's great.
  37. Nov 14, 2014
    Whoo hoo! Another COD game, because god knows we don't get enough of these, do we?
    If you've played a COD game before then you've played them all. This is no exception except that now you some high tech toys that the game lets you play with when it feel generous. They almost feel like quick time events. Press "F" to use AMAZING TECHNOLOGY. You can't just start climbing walls or punching through walls whenever you want. Oh no, that's reserved for special occasions, like when the you need to escape a tricky situation or simply break the monotony of shooting people or drones.

Now everyone repeat after me, THEY ARE GOING TO INVADE AMERICA!. At least we know that Activision is committed to recycling because they keep reusing the same plot line over and over...
    Perhaps their fan base is made up entirely of American survivalists. I don't know.

One thing that amuses me about these games is that you shoot, stab and kill everyone in the usual emotionless manner because it's ALL ABOUT REVENGE, YAAAAARRRR! But the second that a "good guy" dies, it gets all emotional and sentimental. It's all ridiculous and childish. By now I'm truly over this thumping 'Murican propaganda machine.
  38. Nov 9, 2014
    Nah this is not an example of paid critics. Most of the users here are morons and don't see the beauty of this game. Please buy this game and support really bad games made by huge companies. Otherwise they will start making really good games and do not only care about making a lot of money. Maybe someone at Sledgehammer Games needs a new yacht and I could not sleep well if he cant affordNah this is not an example of paid critics. Most of the users here are morons and don't see the beauty of this game. Please buy this game and support really bad games made by huge companies. Otherwise they will start making really good games and do not only care about making a lot of money. Maybe someone at Sledgehammer Games needs a new yacht and I could not sleep well if he cant afford it because people don't buy the game. And i feel really bad i only paid about 13 euros for a Russian key. I think its a good thing Russians have to pay much less because those bad Russian's wouldn't pay as much as we do and would rather buy a cheap copy instead. I also really like getting discriminated by steam because i want to play with a Russian key. I should feel honored being forced to pay much more.
    Best review is from IGN and GRYOnline.pl. They say its the best CoD of all time or since MW. They must be really well paid for promoting such nonsense.
  39. Nov 10, 2014
    Advanced warfare? How about advanced **** 3 years of development Sledgehammer? GFY! A game like this is actually a development of few months. After making the worst CoD of all time(Ghosts), Activision intended to make at least a slightly better game next year. So they chose Sledgehammer to develop. Then, they compiled a bunch of ripoffs from other games(including the story, tech, weaponsAdvanced warfare? How about advanced **** 3 years of development Sledgehammer? GFY! A game like this is actually a development of few months. After making the worst CoD of all time(Ghosts), Activision intended to make at least a slightly better game next year. So they chose Sledgehammer to develop. Then, they compiled a bunch of ripoffs from other games(including the story, tech, weapons and etc) hired one of the greatest actors of our time for a cheesy, worthless, forgettable villain. Then some clumsy, incomplete development, and finally some heavy advertising, and ta-dah! Now you have the latest, revolutionary, groundbreaking installment in Call of Duty series! Special Edition exclusively for AMD Radeon R9 295X2, which includes following features. Massive FPS drops(ranges from 60-18 on a 4K display), massive stuttering, de-synced audio and many more! FU Activision! FU Sledgehammer! Expand
  40. Nov 9, 2014
    A full blown joke from start to finish, Dice have a perfect opportunity to bring back the glory days of the FPS. This needs to be the last roll of the die for COD. RIP.
  41. Nov 16, 2014
    Look Like Activision Failed To Meet The Eye Of The PC Player Again They Re-skin With Upgrade Graphic and you can teach an old new tricks Form Old Call Of Duty Game that simply doesn't want to change. It knows what it is, and sticks with it. It would be a respectable endeavor, if it didn't lead to such an underwhelming and predictable little product. As such, it's difficult for Me toLook Like Activision Failed To Meet The Eye Of The PC Player Again They Re-skin With Upgrade Graphic and you can teach an old new tricks Form Old Call Of Duty Game that simply doesn't want to change. It knows what it is, and sticks with it. It would be a respectable endeavor, if it didn't lead to such an underwhelming and predictable little product. As such, it's difficult for Me to recommend a game that otherwise may be the strongest Call Of Duty Game Ever. Expand
  42. Nov 9, 2014
    Once again the same game, people, please stop buying the same game every year!!! what do you think this will have? This is a Crysis copy!!!!!

DON'T BUY IT!
  43. Nov 9, 2014
    I liked the single player albeit very short. If I rated it based on just single player, I'd give it a 9/10. But CoD is all about multiplayer, and currently I can't give it any points. The lag is crippling. I've tried giving it time playing for almost 20 hours. I have 100/30 internet speeds and it is useless. I will review again if they ever implement dedi servers but that probably isI liked the single player albeit very short. If I rated it based on just single player, I'd give it a 9/10. But CoD is all about multiplayer, and currently I can't give it any points. The lag is crippling. I've tried giving it time playing for almost 20 hours. I have 100/30 internet speeds and it is useless. I will review again if they ever implement dedi servers but that probably is not likely to happen. Expand
  44. Nov 15, 2014
    At first glance Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare seems to be a solid game with everything you might expect from the franchise, but dig a little deeper and some very big cracks begin to show.

The campaign: Predictable, very short, confusing with terrible AI The online multiplayer: Unplayable... FPS drops, hitching, lag, texture popping, small maps, underwhelming and pointless "dynamic"

The campaign: Predictable, very short, confusing with terrible AI

The online multiplayer: Unplayable... FPS drops, hitching, lag, texture popping, small maps, underwhelming and pointless "dynamic" events, non destructible enviroment, poorly optimised "exo abilities", player game states out of sync, no dedicated servers, glitch exploits on some maps, camo and prestige bugs, tacked on Zombies mode only available through purchasing DLC, overpowered guns, awful spawn allocation, boring camos, constant connection and sign in problems and you die so easily it makes playing the objective frustrating and completely unrewarding!
  45. Nov 16, 2014
    New year, new cod..... Same **** This is starting to feel like an abusive relationship. You know like the one you hear next-door every night. you keep wondering to yourself why that **** keeps coming back to him... cod is starting to turn into that relationship every year we shell out fist fulls of cash to get bent over and slapped around by activision. Is it rape if we paid for it? OnlyNew year, new cod..... Same **** This is starting to feel like an abusive relationship. You know like the one you hear next-door every night. you keep wondering to yourself why that **** keeps coming back to him... cod is starting to turn into that relationship every year we shell out fist fulls of cash to get bent over and slapped around by activision. Is it rape if we paid for it? Only positive I found was that it looked good... campaign lasted about 4 hours. Multiplayer is near un playable....

See you next year activasion for another round of why do I bother.
  46. Nov 16, 2014
    To be honest I wasn't expecting much from this game, however after the artificial system spec inflation that plagued the last title in the series, I'm giving it a 0 it wont run on an older system without some serious workarounds and quite frankly there are better game out there that don't require that. so in summary, avoid this title, it earned it's zero for its **** production values andTo be honest I wasn't expecting much from this game, however after the artificial system spec inflation that plagued the last title in the series, I'm giving it a 0 it wont run on an older system without some serious workarounds and quite frankly there are better game out there that don't require that. so in summary, avoid this title, it earned it's zero for its **** production values and **** development practices. Expand
  47. Nov 17, 2014
    Absolutely pathetic. Looks like tweens programmed this game. I have played FPS since Delta Force and Joint Operations right on through BF and every Call of Duty release, and AW simply embarrasses the gaming community. The gameplay is boring; the graphics mediocre; the multi-player experience is apocalyptic. Due to the third-world, 56k-like lag of the Activision/Steam network, my clanAbsolutely pathetic. Looks like tweens programmed this game. I have played FPS since Delta Force and Joint Operations right on through BF and every Call of Duty release, and AW simply embarrasses the gaming community. The gameplay is boring; the graphics mediocre; the multi-player experience is apocalyptic. Due to the third-world, 56k-like lag of the Activision/Steam network, my clan spent the better part of 30 minutes trying to build our party successfully. I plan to petition Activision for a refund. Expand
  48. Nov 18, 2014
    As usual another copy/paste annual CoD hits the shelves, short singleplayer, same old multiplayer with small maps and zero tactics. Not sure why this series is still so popular, must be the 10 year olds drooling for perks and unlocks. If you're 18 years or older avoid this crap.
  49. Nov 17, 2014
    1.) If you are using an AMD graphics card, prepare to lower your settings as Advanced Warfare is a similar example to AC Unity where only Nvidia is cared for, while AMD is forgotten. To (sort of) fix the performance issues, you would either have to lower the quality, update the driver to 14.11, or use the power of the internet if you are still struggling.

2.) There is still no dedicated

2.) There is still no dedicated servers so expect lag... and a lot of it. Nothing can be done here unfortunately.

Multiplayer = fun but laggy
    Campaign = another campaign showing how fantastic the USA is at everything it does.
  50. Nov 17, 2014
    First off. DEDICATED SERVERS WERE A LIE. If they plan on releasing them later. wtf why? should have done it at game release. yea, we bought it but the multiplier is dying now cause on p2p. There are no dedicated servers in multilayer. Its P2P so you get stuck with some kid in his moms basement on a 56k dial up as the host. Lag Lag Lag. If you do fine a game with no lag its cause you areFirst off. DEDICATED SERVERS WERE A LIE. If they plan on releasing them later. wtf why? should have done it at game release. yea, we bought it but the multiplier is dying now cause on p2p. There are no dedicated servers in multilayer. Its P2P so you get stuck with some kid in his moms basement on a 56k dial up as the host. Lag Lag Lag. If you do fine a game with no lag its cause you are the host and everyone else is suffering. Also, have seen a couple hackers trolling and admitting to it. Nothing you or i can do about it. They cant be kicked in p2p.

I was really looking forward to this game. I had hopes that it would be as good as CODMW but no. Single player story is good but game it glitched and sound does not sync up in the cinematic events. Which one could over look. Then they tried to fix it and there is no sound now in the cinematic events so you have no idea whats doing on in the story. Single player graphics look good. THEY DO NOT carry over to the multilayer. Maps are glitched. I constantly got my player stuck in the map literally between a rock and a hard place. Bodies float in the air after they are dead. Just laying there on some invisible platform. Just play on, we should be use to half built games by now right. all these years of pos mgnt shoving a game out before its ready.

Multiplayer. Texture and the relative good graphics of the single player do not come over into the multiplier. You can seriously tell you had two teams making this game. team 1 did the single player and team 2 made the MP. Team 2 i think were interns actually cause its horrible. The environment textures and map layout are pretty bad. Most of this could have been over looked if the game ran. But the multilayer is on p2p networking so it runs like junk. Lag movement, lag shots, lag hits. lag. If you finally get paired into a game after 45 min and it runs well DONT LEAVE you will not find another one all day. save your money. i wish i did. I so wanted this game to be good.
  51. Nov 17, 2014
    Probably the worst Call of Duty ever. Get back to the basics. While some ideas are fresh and new, this isn't Halo. Take the game back a little. I give Sledgehammer credit for trying to innovate the game, but yeah.. There hasn't been a good CoD since MW3, and even that was controversial. This game gets worse and worse every year, so glad I have Battlefield to fall back on.
  52. Nov 19, 2014
    The game has no dedicated servers which makes the game laggy as hell. Plus this is the worst Call of Duty I have ever played (didn't play ghosts). Jump like a chaotic madman simulator 2014. Spawns are also terrible. I mis black ops 2 and modern warfare 2. Games like that were perfectly made. This **** is just frustrating.
  53. Nov 13, 2014
    I'll keep this succinct:

I'll keep this succinct:

DO NOT, EVER, make the same mistake I made by giving this game a try. This game is a ****ing joke. This is the same repackaged neutered **** descendant from the greats (MW and MW2). So I'm going to compare it based on its predecessors. This game is actually WORSE than every call of duty before it, with the exception of Ghosts. There are hardly any guns, less perks than any other game, you'll get bored with it in a matter of minutes. Worse still: the maps are ****ing horrible. Literally same layout on every single one, that is all close quarters, no chokes, nothing interesting.

So as you can imagine gameplay is the same run and gun **** as usual, in fact its a necessity if you want to perform well givin the small homogeneous selection of maps, and idiodic movement mechanics. All weapons from the already pitifully small pool are obselete except the SMG's.

Whoever was the brains coming up with the features in this game is literally a joke, and should be fired from any project lead ever. The missing features are just completely ridiculous. For instance there's no lobby chat, something that a second year programmer could implement. Like what the **** were they thinking?

Avoid this poison at all costs. Like I said any of the preceding COD's except Ghosts are more interesting than this not only repackaged but dumbed down horse ****. Please don't make the same mistake as I did.
  54. Nov 17, 2014
    well this game is supprising.... just like every other cod... the same!

think of battlefield 4. they are putting a twist called hardline :) a change from the old war theme!
  55. Nov 10, 2014
    multiplayer sucks plain and simple the campaign provided minutes of entertainment as I lost interest in this game immediately. raged over crappy connection when running on someone elses **** internet. Not to mention the only ones playing this game now are europeans... waste of money.
  56. Nov 18, 2014
    The Crysis games, and more recently the latest Wolfenstein, are all far more enjoyable FPS experiences, with better story and gunplay. Too much of the SP campaign in Advanced Warfare is (to be expected), on rails bombastic action. It's the first COD I've played since MW2, and I can honestly say that despite an upgrade in visuals, everything is still too much like sitting on a fairgroundThe Crysis games, and more recently the latest Wolfenstein, are all far more enjoyable FPS experiences, with better story and gunplay. Too much of the SP campaign in Advanced Warfare is (to be expected), on rails bombastic action. It's the first COD I've played since MW2, and I can honestly say that despite an upgrade in visuals, everything is still too much like sitting on a fairground ride, playing whack-a-mole and creeping forward. The exo-suit features barely come into play. Still, there is some fun to have here, and some of the levels are exciting enough to make me feel like I hadn't completely wasted my money. Expand
  57. Nov 24, 2014
    This game is simply horrible. Sledgehammer claims the engine is all-new, but the RPG trails are still the same as they were in CoD4, so this is pretty clearly just IW7. The story is nauseatingly bad.
  58. Nov 16, 2014
    Old dog, old tricks. What do you expect from call of duty? Same mechanics from the last 8 games. At least other games like Mario put in a lot of new smaller mechanics to compliment the same, main mechanic. But COD adds a new jump. That's all. Buy CS: GO, an FPS that is all about tactics and teamwork that wont steal 60 bucks (or more) from you every year.
  59. Nov 18, 2014
    Advanced Warfare for PC is the same stupid repetitive game we had for the past three years now. The exo movements are impossible to do on PC and worst of all I can't even quik scope.
  60. Nov 21, 2014
    This game is very badly optimized in multiplayer (Singleplayer is OK), everytime stuffers, lags, fps drops even on high-end graphic card (mine is GTX 780), not balanced weapons, not dedicated servers, a lot of cheaters and hacked lobbies, the worst cod with ghosts, that's all. Please dont buy this ****
  61. Nov 21, 2014
    call of duty: recycled warfare

really ? you guys are still buying the same game over and over..?
    same game, same stuff, same issues, same story, same experience, same bullsh!t
    it was fun when it started but it's just tiring to play the same thing over and over and over again
  62. Dec 6, 2014
    It is amazing how many critics they paid off to give them good reviews. For a game that's called "Advanced Warfare", the system is ridiculously outdated. No dedicated servers on a competitive PC game? Seriously?! That should be an automatic zero in my book. But for those who are willing to be a little more lenient in their judgment of this game, let me outline some more atrocities aboutIt is amazing how many critics they paid off to give them good reviews. For a game that's called "Advanced Warfare", the system is ridiculously outdated. No dedicated servers on a competitive PC game? Seriously?! That should be an automatic zero in my book. But for those who are willing to be a little more lenient in their judgment of this game, let me outline some more atrocities about this game:

* Shader preload is an option that theoretically loads the map before you join the game, thus eliminating FPS drops. It's a really cool idea, and guess what? It doesn't work for half of the maps. As a matter of fact, it does nothing more than kick you out after waiting for several minutes. BOOOO.

* Lag compensation. Their way of dealing with the hosts having the best connection is to introduce artificial lag that all players in the match have to deal with, just to even out the game. So if someone on another continent joins your game, then everyone gets to play with lag! Sounds fair, right?

* Horrendous optimization. Those with powerful GPUs are still going to run into FPS drops when playing AW on the lowest settings. -sigh-

* Instead of innovating the map design to encourage players to "parkour" everywhere, there's just a ton of boundaries everywhere. If you try to jump onto a ledge that you think you can grab, instead you'll find yourself falling off with an annoying "Out of Bounds" message. The new movement system is great, but these maps do not support it. These maps could have been thrown in any other CoD and would've done just as well there. TItanfall's map design and movement system is far more satisfying.

* It's missing a lot of fun game types like Gun Game and Demolition. Momentum and Uplink are okay, but they don't come close to filling the void.

Titanfall, a game that came out over half a year ago and can be bought for a fraction of AW's price, is a much better game. That's really saying something. And the worst part is, I bet AW2 is already in development. -_-
  63. Dec 23, 2014
    This game is well... A joke.

Starting from the technical side: Let's suppose you bought the game, you install it and open the Single Player. The resolution is wrong, and you want to change it, but you can't! There's no "Settings" in your menu... Ok, let's play, New Game... And the intro video starts playing. A fairly long video that introduces you to the campaign. Then the video
    This game is well... A joke.

Starting from the technical side:
    Let's suppose you bought the game, you install it and open the Single Player. The resolution is wrong, and you want to change it, but you can't! There's no "Settings" in your menu... Ok, let's play, New Game... And the intro video starts playing. A fairly long video that introduces you to the campaign. Then the video finishes and the game is still loading. I have an SSD so I thought it was downloading some updates or something... Ok game starts, you go to options (now options exists), change the resolution, apply, and then boom! black screen, the intro video plays again, the whole game loads again, another long 2 minutes of loading. What is going on?? The only setting you can change without reloading the whole game is VSync!

Once you configured the game and it performs ok you think you're ready to play... But it's just the beginning! the textures get weird, the game starts to be unplayable in some parts, there's stuttering, memory leaks, crashes, sometimes the whole computer crashes (that may be Windows 8 fault...). Then you start reading online or trying around disabling some settings. The conclusion: you will learn by hearth the dialogues of the intro video, I promise!

Ok... aside from the technical problems... The graphics look like the game is 2 or 3 years old, Battlefield 4 released more than one year ago have by far better graphics. But graphics are not everything! that's true...

About the single player: The campaign starts in a interesting way, it seems a cool game, but at some point random things that are not explained start to happen, it's like you missed a couple of chapters or something... You lose completely the story line.

Another thing I don't like from this game is that some little things that make the game more realistic are not really accomplished. For example, collisions with dead bodies, you really pass through the bodies like they were ghosts. Or for example melee killing doesn't have a cool animation like many games today.

AI, at least for me, is a very important from an FPS. In this game it feels like you are supposed to attack from a specific point of the level otherwise enemy bots, well.. They act weird, they don't know what to do, it's like... you are not supposed to be here! now what? sometimes they stare you, sometimes they kill you, sometimes they ignore you... I would expect something similar to Crysis 3, I know this game is not supposed to let you choose how and where you attack from, but at least the enemies would be able to react to a attack strategy change.

I don't know, maybe I'm being to critic because I compare it with BF4, which also had a lot of bugs and technical problems some persisting today, but even if BF4 drove me mad with all the crashes, memory leak and incompatibility with Windows 8.1, it seems like a very achieved game compared to the PC version of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

I gave it a 4/10 because I found the multiplayer interesting and funny, futuristic weapons are cool and it reminds Quake because of some details. The double jump other kind of futuristic things you have give a game a cool online gameplay, that is a mix of Titanfall (except you can't run on walls :( ), Crysis 3 and Quake 3 Excessive mods.

The conclusion is... It's a console port, a not really achieved one. Maybe better achieved than previous versions, ok, but not enough for PC players, who demand some minimum quality. It have a lot of graphic options yes, but it's because you need to tweak a lot the game for working on your rig and configuring the game is really painful. You feel stupid for spending the money on that game every time some error appears, and you expect for the budget of the game, a better story development during the campaign.

I haven't played too long this game online but the times I did it took too long to make the matchmaking. Titanfall which is probably less played than CoD:AW is very fast finding a game, what's happening? I also read that there are several problems with the servers like lag and disconnecting that I haven't experienced yet.

Don't buy this game on PC.
  64. Nov 20, 2014
    The worst part of the series. Silly scripted scenes. Ugly design wrapped in modern shaders. Very small and short levels. Physics is completely absent. Dumb gameplay. I could not even go through with it. The last part I liked more.
  65. Nov 14, 2014
    Campaign is very good but very predictable, multiplayer sadly again with very small boxed map making it even smaller now since you can jump all over, also insta death who shoots first is still in, mechs arent as impressive as titanfall, just average but overal just good for a few hours of boredom.
  66. Nov 23, 2014
    this game had a lot of potential,but it's been a month now with all minor updates and no information about dedicated servers,that is what is killing the game...goodbye sledghammer,hello treyarch again...black ops 2 will climb back at the charts after people get tired of the lagfest and hackfest that's taking place now in advanced warfare's "SERVERS" people host hacked lobbies,almost everythis game had a lot of potential,but it's been a month now with all minor updates and no information about dedicated servers,that is what is killing the game...goodbye sledghammer,hello treyarch again...black ops 2 will climb back at the charts after people get tired of the lagfest and hackfest that's taking place now in advanced warfare's "SERVERS" people host hacked lobbies,almost every leaderboard 10 top players is cheaters,if they'd been honest with us and told us that the game will NOT have dedicated servers maybe i wouldn't be here writing this opinion comment right now but if you are reading this SHG people,you and infinity ward lost many many players...

it's 2014 for god's sake...and we have to rely on connections instead of STABLE AND RELIABLE DEDICATED SERVERS ?

WHY ? because they cost ? ok...i'll tell you what's gonna cost more...the ammount of time you'll spend to develop DLC's and NOONE going to buy them because even the MAIN GAME is broken...so why would i pay to "have more" when i'm not able to enjoy the current material you had with the launch...

ghosts died,advanced warfare is dying only 1 month since release

it's all about treyarch now...let's hope for the best
  67. Nov 11, 2014
    COD Advanced Warfare is better than ghosts. it really is, but you can't get worse than ghosts. Whenever I look at the game I see Titanfall and black-light Retribution written all over it. While black light is a mixed bag, it's freemium model becomes tolerable after the 5 dollar pass. (which i mentioned in my review for the ps4 port.) PC people should rejoice since the freemium on the PCCOD Advanced Warfare is better than ghosts. it really is, but you can't get worse than ghosts. Whenever I look at the game I see Titanfall and black-light Retribution written all over it. While black light is a mixed bag, it's freemium model becomes tolerable after the 5 dollar pass. (which i mentioned in my review for the ps4 port.) PC people should rejoice since the freemium on the PC version is only for skins and doesn't require 5 bucks. Better to spend 5 bucks on black light for ps4 or free on PC. (plus since black-light is free, no PS plus required.) The cost for COD AW: $60(actual game) $50-$60(PS plus) and more money for DLC.
    Cost for Black light: $0(To play) $5(To unlock guns permanently, one time fee, free on PC.) $0 (For multiplayer fees).
    I understand that this review is mentioning black-light a lot but that's what AW is essentially a $60 dollar Black light, Titanfall and Crysis with the crappy Call of Duty repetition. AW isn't as **** as people say it is. It's just not worth the price considering how the final product compares to the hype and their are superior alternatives that either cost the same or are cheaper. EX: Battlefield.
    AW is closest to fresh air that the franchise has gotten in MW2. the problem is that it's not fresh enough.
  68. Jan 6, 2015
    This is kind of a first impression review. I have played a good 3 hours of the game on Steam. The graphics are amazing, the soundtrack is great, and just overall it is visually beautiful. Not to mention the story (from what I've seen) is much stronger than the other Call of Duty games. The guns are very cool as well and do feel like they are from the future. But where the game's problemsThis is kind of a first impression review. I have played a good 3 hours of the game on Steam. The graphics are amazing, the soundtrack is great, and just overall it is visually beautiful. Not to mention the story (from what I've seen) is much stronger than the other Call of Duty games. The guns are very cool as well and do feel like they are from the future. But where the game's problems lie are in its questionable frame-rate drops and its amount of glitches. One of them is the off lip-syncing. I don't know if anyone has this issue, but the lips seem to be a split second behind their voices. Not to mention some murky textures and sometimes, the unresponsive controls. Overall, the controls are good, but sometimes when i double-jump, my character doesn't respond to it. I see a great potential for this game as long as they have dedicated servers for the multiplayer. 7/10 (good) Expand
  69. Dec 31, 2014
    It's lagging, it's full of hackers, it doesn't have dedicated servers. I was a CoD fanboy, I bought the Digital Pro edition of the game and now I regret it.
  70. Feb 14, 2015
    Do not buy the pc version of this game. There is no dedicated servers like they said there were there are alot of players with cheats and hacks they dont kick . You cant enjoy the multiplayer gameplay because of cheats and spawns. some games you will get spawn killed dozens of times even with a gaming pc the maps start out very laggy this is by far the worst cod yet ghost was pretty badDo not buy the pc version of this game. There is no dedicated servers like they said there were there are alot of players with cheats and hacks they dont kick . You cant enjoy the multiplayer gameplay because of cheats and spawns. some games you will get spawn killed dozens of times even with a gaming pc the maps start out very laggy this is by far the worst cod yet ghost was pretty bad but nothing compared to this black ops 2 was last decent game cod has. Every year when they put out game they have a stament saying there will be dedicated servers but there never is. It might just be the pc version i dont know but worst game on pc every. DO NOT BUY Expand
  71. Nov 5, 2014
    This is the worst CoD ever released yet. Actually every single CoD been absolutely garbage. Don't waste your money or time on this trash and play something that superior like Battlefield. No Dedicated servers, aim assist, decade old engine... wtf.
  72. Nov 18, 2014
    Reskined corridor shooter with a plot that will only appeal does with very low IQ's.

Same old "PvP" where everyone is its own little rambo rather than going for actualy team play!

The novolty?

Kevin Spacey

Exo suit that.... Doesn't do anything?

Jet packs....

Why do people still buy this crap?
  73. Nov 6, 2014
    to make it short:

it is the best CoD in years, those new mechanics are interesting, though nothing new or special... overall it is a slightly better CoD than the last dozen, BUT, IT REMAINS A MEDIOCRE SHOOTER! graphics are slightly more pleasing to the eye than CoD 4 (MW1)...which is a 10 year old game, mind you. "new" mechanics are nothing but copies of mechanics seen first in
    to make it short:

"new" mechanics are nothing but copies of mechanics seen first in "Crysis" and "Titanfall" - they are fun and breath new life in MP games, nevertheless, it remains a CoD ...I'll probably NEVER understand why they even bother to implement "different" guns... they ALL shoot the same!

CoD isn't really a FPS - it's a reflex test ... basically, whoever shoots first, kills. aiming is optional, something like "skill" pretty much too, IMHO.

I pirated the game for testing purposes - I am NOT going to buy it and after playing about 50% of the campaign, I deleted it (as I do with ALL games I pirate - either I buy, or I delete and in the case of CoD AW, it was latter).

as I said in the beginning of my review: it is the_best CoD of 10 years ... and it still is ****
  74. Nov 7, 2014
    A simple re-skin of the previous CODs. I cannot fathom how critics give this game almost perfect scores. Its not a bad game for sure, but its just the same as before with a double-jump. The campaign is OK but really predictable. MP is the same as before, and you might like that if it's your cup of tea.
  75. Nov 7, 2014
    I bought this only for multiplayer, completely don't care about the campaign. After 10 hours I can say multiplayer would be quite good with these new movement/exo features, new weapons like some laser gun, single shot sniper rifle, customizable kill streaks (for example killstreak can last longer or be more powerfull, but it requires more points to earn it), but it's ruined by unstableI bought this only for multiplayer, completely don't care about the campaign. After 10 hours I can say multiplayer would be quite good with these new movement/exo features, new weapons like some laser gun, single shot sniper rifle, customizable kill streaks (for example killstreak can last longer or be more powerfull, but it requires more points to earn it), but it's ruined by unstable online service - have difficulties connecting to it since launch and keep getting disconnected while playing.
    The P2P hosting is back (lovely host migration pause), so every game I see people with high pings and most of the time lag compensation puts me on huge disadvantage resulting in losing each confrontation. I shot enemy 2-3 times and killcams shows me not even shooting once.
    I find it frustrating that these people can spend millions on Kevin Spacey and advertising, but don't want to spend anything on server infrastructure. What this game really needs is lobby system that matches people based on their location and then assigns lobby to the closest free server.
    To sum it up, it's just another COD that will last one season (with PC version that might actually be one winter) and will be forgotten quickly.
  76. Nov 8, 2014
    Activision lied to their customers by saying there would be dedicated servers and released the game without them. When asked for comment about ti they basically told their customers to **** themselves.
  77. Nov 17, 2014
    While I was playing I wondered if it was a real AAA game!!
    I really don't know how and why this game was been released on pc: it's bad optimized whereas graphisms are pretty ugly, any dedicated servers, unstable connection, ...
    If the game was free or at least not expensive, it would be understandable, but it's sooo expensive and it's done by one of the biggest video games company. That
    While I was playing I wondered if it was a real AAA game!!
    That game is just ashamed...
  78. Nov 5, 2014
    tried to run game - fail, my cpu is too old
    @
    installed fix i found in the web
    @
    game runs smooth and well, even better than ghosts
    @
    fix is only for SP, MP is the reason i bought that pile of crap

pls die activision, pls die sledgehammer, rest in piss call of duty series
  79. Nov 5, 2014
    **** graphics, gun damage is still way too high, same old circular maps, immense lag due to p2p matchmaking. It's just a **** game, cheated out of my money based on positive reviews...
  80. Nov 6, 2014
    All I can say is that this game is frustrating as hell - for real, even Ghosts multiplayer was more satisfying.
    Double Jump - it looks good, but the truth is that when you jump you will die in a few next seconds, because everybody on the map have seen you in the air. I bought it in the day when it have been released and it was a huge mistake.
    Thanks Sledgehammer - I'm comingback to Bad

Thanks Sledgehammer - I'm comingback to Bad Company 2 - no more CoD.
  81. Nov 8, 2014
    Like Ghosts this is not optimised for the PC at all. I have i7 3930K @4.3ghz in a watercooling loop along with two GTX780s all running at 35°C and 32gb RAM - and still this game won't play smoothly at 1080p! I don't expect much from CoD anymore but this is utterly worthless. If you enjoy PC gaming for the enhanced visual quality it offers - Don't buy this game.
  82. Nov 11, 2014
    Best in Campaign Mode, worst multiplayer mode with lag , spawn, killstreak , everthing yuck. Better than Ghost but still falls under worse category.Recommends not to try.
  83. Nov 12, 2014
    AW started off good the first week. It ran much better than Ghost did and seemed to have a lot less issues.
    I'm not a big fan of all the jumping around, but was liking the game. As the week went on though I became more suspicious of hackers. I almost always watch kill cams and could easily see them following me through the walls etc. (I almost always have all the camo perks: low profile, blind-eye, cold-blooded, etc. and a silencer to keep me off the radar. Starting Friday the hacked XP lobbies started. The hacked XP lobbies on PC are very frequent (every 5 or 6 lobbies I'm put into). If you did like I did and make a kill before you know the lobby is hacked.... your stats will be reset. This has happened to me twice now. The last time I was 'lucky' to get the "First Blood" kill... and was given 65000 points and about 15 levels. I immediately left the game.... but was still reset the next day.

BO2 with its dedicated servers was much better. If you like single player this game is good on PC. If you want to play Multiplayer be aware there is no anti-cheat and if you get into a hacked XP lobby you will be reset!
  84. Nov 9, 2014
    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is (in my opinion) a frustrated idea of Titanfall. Respawn Entertainment launched Titanfall in March. When Activision announced Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare back in May, comparisons to Titanfall were immediately made, with claims flying that Advanced Warfare was an imitation of Titanfall.

Now is November and i played a lot of hours in Call of Duty:

Now is November and i played a lot of hours in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare... ... ...

TITANFALL IS BETTER.

No need more comments.
  85. Nov 14, 2014
    Advanced Warfare is the same cod game with a fresh paint over the MP. The SP campaign is a little new, but nothing we haven't experienced before in a FPS shooter campaign. New jet packs remind me of playing crysis and titanfall mixed with cod elements of warfare. MP is worse because of the fact your playing cod with mediocre players and bland elements. Run and gun MP with no strategy. FlowAdvanced Warfare is the same cod game with a fresh paint over the MP. The SP campaign is a little new, but nothing we haven't experienced before in a FPS shooter campaign. New jet packs remind me of playing crysis and titanfall mixed with cod elements of warfare. MP is worse because of the fact your playing cod with mediocre players and bland elements. Run and gun MP with no strategy. Flow of spawn calls all the public MP games unless you get into competitive play. As an ex FPS competitive player and ex Counter-strike player from back in the day COD games have gotten worse over time since I played COD: MW and MW2. I do not hate the franchise, but when you keep pushing our COD games and have no new ideas, it will die and get bland over time. The only reason its still played in competitively is because the MLG and other hosts are either forced to run it in the circuit or paid to do so. A couple more years and COD will be wiped by the battlefield series or another new up and coming FPS. Counter-Strike was so popular and is still played to this day because it has so much replayability built into it, constant decision-making, strategy, and every competitive game is different from the last. COD gets boring after an hour or 2 of me constantly going 30-5, with hardly no perks and running around the map spawning all the other players. Once you figure out the spawn rotation it is like playing Goldeneye for the N64 all over again without the enjoyment of Goldeneye. MP maps are still small as hell and do not have any strategy in them whatsoever. Pointless and for the weak FPS gamers, mostly for the kids Expand
  86. Nov 15, 2014
    Worst Call of Duty i have ever played.

- Maps are too small for more than 12 players who use their exo jetpacks all the time. - Campaign is really short (about 5-6 hours and the the campaign is **** too). - The spawns are the worst ever in a call of duty game. Sometimes you spawn 5 meters next to 3 other enemies, sometimes you see yourself spawning in the
    Worst Call of Duty i have ever played.

- Campaign is really short (about 5-6 hours and the the campaign is **** too).
    - The spawns are the worst ever in a call of duty game. Sometimes you spawn 5 meters next to 3 other enemies, sometimes you see yourself spawning in the kill cam.
    - less weapons (about 30 weapons).
    - too much accuracy when firing from the hip -> a lot of spraying kiddys.
    - maps are **** only a few are good.
    - a lot of features are stolen from other games (titanfall, crysis, battlefield).
    - kill streaks are mostly completely useless (overheating guns, slow rockets).
    - long loading times (on ssd and hdd)
    + graphics are good but their is better.
    + you can try weapons directly before entering a game.
    + you can adjust your look and your exo.
    + fast updates for bugfixes (still a lot bugs).

I think this game is quiet annoying. You join a game and you are already dead before the game is completely finished loading. Half of the time you get shoot in the back because of bad spawns and **** maps. Everyone is spraying around with lasers and mps,camping with snipers or hiding in corners.
    You spawn and two second later there is already someone behind you, shooing at your back.
    The new features like the jetpack and sliding is so annoying you sometimes waist a full magazine on someone, who is moving two times around you and back and killing you by spraying with his laser (seriously I have never seen someone using the sight when having the laser).
    Their is so much jumping-sliding-running-spraying, I cant believe I played this game more than 2 games in row.
    The campaign isnt totally bad, but the campaign of modern warfare 1-3 was a lot better and its the shortest I have ever played. A few years ago you just needed to destroy a few targets while completing a parkour. This time you get a tutorial about every thing you carry with you, your grenades, weapons, exo, movement; they seem to believe your are a complete retard that has no idea how to use autoaim grenade ( you waist 1 hour of the 5-6 hour campaign for tutorials). From year to year the same: you and a few others fight against hundreds of stupid npc´s in ugly designed levels for the glory of America, attacked by terrorists finding that one bad guy (what did I expected ?), with a lot of watching: military forces walking around, scientist developing new weapons, hostages and bad guys talking, good guys talking to bad guys, hostages talking to good guys, cutscenes, quick time events, its much more a film then every other campaign.
    All in all I don't think its even worth the 50 euros for the pc version and the game still needs a lot of balancing to make it playable.
  87. Nov 8, 2014
    They copied so much, from other franchises, that the game is not unique. It is very clear that this game is a quick cash in. Very short list of other games they copied, HAWX (story line with one or two minor changes), Ghost Recon Future Soldier (every gadget, in the game), battlefield 2142 (hover tank and battle linked ui), Frontlines fuel of war (first example of drones in games)... AllThey copied so much, from other franchises, that the game is not unique. It is very clear that this game is a quick cash in. Very short list of other games they copied, HAWX (story line with one or two minor changes), Ghost Recon Future Soldier (every gadget, in the game), battlefield 2142 (hover tank and battle linked ui), Frontlines fuel of war (first example of drones in games)... All of the listed games are better than this one! Just not worth 60 dollars. Expand
  88. Nov 7, 2014
    No anti-cheat (WTF they use brains?) =>
    every can download ESP or Aim 4 free =>
    Hackers everywhere in every game =>
    Multiplayer is DEAD, really DEAD
    u can hack everything in this game, like weapons, cloth, lvl etc
    too bad 4 multiplayer shooter
  89. Nov 12, 2014
    LAAAAAAAAG....LAAAAAAAAG....LAAAAAAAAGGGGS thas what this multiplayer as new(or just worst then all the others),for the rest expect the same cod as always!
  90. Nov 19, 2014
    Bad. Boring. Call of Duty.

This is now the guiding principle of CoD. You get a few boring innovations, such as the Movement and all children are happy and think it is the innovation of the century.

I hope nowadays that CoD comes back with it's old strength.
  91. Nov 4, 2014
    This is the first COD I've bought since COD 2 in 2005. I've played Battlefield for the past few years, from Battlefield Bad Company 2 to Battlefield 4, which I got sick of, because DICE are a bunch of incompetent morons that can't write the networking part of a game properly to save their lives.

Earlier this year, I uninstalled BF 4 because it is a completely frustrating piece of **** and installed Planetside 2, which I've been playing since.

Yesterday, I bought COD:AW, played the single player campaign and loved it.

Today, I attempted to play multiplayer, IT WAS **** HORRIBLE, AND STILL IS, the **** lag is WORSE than Battlefield 4 because of the lack of **** dedicated servers.

Sad state of affairs when COD 2 in **** 2005 had better netcode and dedicated servers, and when a huge game like Planetside 2 feels better and more responsive to play with 200 other players around you.

In AW, I constantly get killed in one **** hit from EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING, by laggy ****

If they do not add dedicated servers like EVERY **** PC multiplayer game should have, this is the last **** COD game I am buying AND I will ask for a refund. This is bull****, 110 dollars for a broken piece of **** that makes me want to punch a hole through my **** monitor EVERY TIME I get killed in a complete bull**** way.

And it's not like I am some scrub, either, when I played a test match to get used to the gameplay in that simulation thing they have, my score was 40-3 at the end of the match. I've been playing shooters since 1995 and usually my KDR in multiplayer games never goes under 2.5.

In this **** my first match was KDR 9, and every single **** one afterwards was under 0.6 and I've finished either last on the scoreboard or third to last. Absolute unplayable CRAP at this point, people will leave in DROVES if they keep this **** as broken as it is. I am still **** struggling to get my KDR to 1, because every **** thing kills me in one hit and 5 meters behind cover, and it takes my entire mag to kill anyone. Melee is also broken as complete **** last death I had today before I just **** rage quit, I went up to a guy, fired half a mag into his face and then meleed him, yet when the **** killcam showed, it just looked like I was running up to him, staring like a moron while he emptied his mag in my face.

Absolutely **** shameful.

I am surprised this **** is not illegal, in ANY OTHER **** industry, if you buy something and it's broken as **** or does not work as advertised, you have the right to get your god damn money back, but in gaming you get ****ED out of your money and can absolutely **** NOTHING to do about it. Bull**** theft, that's what it is.

The game would be awesome if it had **** dedicated servers, so I could choose to play on servers with other people that have the same ping as I do, so we have a level playing field, and I'd be able to vote kick people with high ping or the server would autokick. With this **** you get ****ed by lag switching **** or some **** from China with ping of **** 600. BULL****.
  92. Nov 9, 2014
    The same boring game 7th time in a row now. Almost 0 changes (they added double jump and exoskeleton like in Titanfall or Crysis- how original), the same bad (made over 10 years ago) fugly engine. The same corridor gameplay, the same retarded enemy ai, the same rehashed "sniper" missions. Single player campaign is 5h short and as bad as always, multi is full of raging kids and cheaters. NoThe same boring game 7th time in a row now. Almost 0 changes (they added double jump and exoskeleton like in Titanfall or Crysis- how original), the same bad (made over 10 years ago) fugly engine. The same corridor gameplay, the same retarded enemy ai, the same rehashed "sniper" missions. Single player campaign is 5h short and as bad as always, multi is full of raging kids and cheaters. No thanks.
    Oh and Activision- where are dedicated servers on pc? You liars.
  93. Nov 7, 2014
    bull game not worth it/..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  94. Nov 5, 2014
    All these people who give this game 10/10 must be either stupid or be activision employee...
    How can you say that this game the best cos since mw2?! I have spend hundreds of hours in mw2 and bo1 and i have to say that aw sucks!!! Once again this game is nothing more then chaotic bullet spiter crap...
  95. Nov 11, 2014
    This game is worse than a nasty case of ebola-aids, and Aliens: Colonial Marines put together.

You'd think I learn after last years failure known as Ghosts, that Call of Duty games on PC were finished, and were never going to improve. Obviously not. I feel like I have sinned against humanity buying this game after buying Ghosts. To put it simply. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. It is Ghosts

To put it simply. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. It is Ghosts MK2.
    -Short, Bad story? Check!
    -Medicore graphics? Check!
    -id Tech 3 engine used in all previous CoD games, modified as "IW engine?" Check!
    -Lack of dedicated servers? Check!
    -Decent sounds? Okay, it does have good sounds.
    -Poor PC Port? Check!
    -Exact same gameplay as all previous cods except with a gimmicky "exo suit"? Check!
    -AIm assist in Multiplayer? Check. Seriously.

They lied to us again. So much for the three year development cycle which would refresh Call of Duty and actually change and improve things. Only buy Treyarch Call of Duty games, they are the only ones who seem to somewhat care. Avoid Sledgehammer & Infinity Ward.
  96. Nov 10, 2014
    Extremely rotten cod fish is how I would describe my experience regarding this game.........................................................That's all
  97. Nov 12, 2014
    Although exo bring a new dimension to the game, all is blurred by the huge amount of bugs that presents.
    It is hard to believe, but COD AW has done it, an engine with more than 10 years, this very poor graphics with very high requirements for the system, being totally unplayable in many, and with a totally unacceptable fps in most of them.
    I am really disappointed and angry, even
    I am really disappointed and angry, even assuming that these instabilities are corrected, I paid for a complete product, not a beta.
  98. Nov 15, 2014
    What is this! Played by a friends pc, it is so poor!!! A cheap Remake of Titanfall, with jumping Kids!!! omfg! This is the badest CoD i ever seen, Ghost was bad, but this...very bad!!! The graphic and engine is so cheap! CoD MW2 was better! Don´t buy this, my friend buy´s a key for 35.- Euro but this isn´t it worth!
    All in all: bad game!
  99. Nov 9, 2014
    Hello dear Gamers, first of all, I would like to take a view on the system requirements for this game. Lag free, with all graphical features enabled costs roughly 2k up to 3k Dollars invest into your hardware, plus the 60$ for the game. What do you get for this amount: Skilled players need 3 hrs for single campaign. Mostly you need that time for the long loading times, even when you haveHello dear Gamers, first of all, I would like to take a view on the system requirements for this game. Lag free, with all graphical features enabled costs roughly 2k up to 3k Dollars invest into your hardware, plus the 60$ for the game. What do you get for this amount: Skilled players need 3 hrs for single campaign. Mostly you need that time for the long loading times, even when you have installed CODAW onto your SSD-drive. After that done you realize that you bought a laggy, peer-to-peer multiplayer network game with a seriously bad collision query responses. Is it 2060$ up to 3060$ worth it? Well, this game has its amazing graphical moments, it has its new shield armory, jump around moments, a tiny skill system plus they lent from Batman the grappling hook, but unfortunately, no its not worth 60$ plus the massive amount of hardware invest, because the only reason for buying this game was the dedicated server feature and they messed it up by just using a peer-to-peer client network - what a big big mistake. Expand
  100. Dec 5, 2014
    Nauseating, Michael Bay-esque nonstop action. Poor story pacing. 1-dimensional characters. Waste of Kevin Spacey. Low resolution textures. Poor porting to PC. Poor performance on high-end PCs. Gimmicky gadgets. North Koreans have a South Korean accent. Zero effort.

"Innovation" in Call of Duty has and always will be reduced to filling in the blank in Call of Duty: ______

1. Jan 9, 2015
    This game is a lot of fun. There’s some Crysis in it, some Titanfall, some elements borrowed from Unreal Tournament and Battlefield. Underneath it’s still Call of Duty though, finally modernized in terms of visuals. [13/2014, p.50]
  2. Dec 23, 2014
    It's the best Call of Duty campaign in years, and the multiplayer continues to scratch a certain itch. [Jan 2015, p.64]
  3. Dec 14, 2014
    A new engine and new ideas breath new life into a series that was in serious danger of turning stale.