3.8

1. Jul 4, 2013
    This game are real Broken pistol and Shotgun have power than Sub Machine GUN game not balanced match marking is worst in history of COD series. Thanks Tre$arc for make a real stupid and broken game.
  2. Jul 8, 2013
    Modern Warfare 3 was great. But Black Ops 2 is a big DLC game. New cammo PAY,maps? PAY.
    Flags for your card PAY. This is terrible.
    Treyarch go home.
  3. Jul 13, 2013
    Single player is "ok"... But Multiplayer is just too bad. The only decent game was CoD4, but after that, it went downhill. I don't see a reason in buying any CoD. The reason BF4 has way more pre-orders than Ghosts says enough.
  4. Jul 26, 2013
    Honestly, I have never been a fan of the Call of Duty series. I have quite a few friends who play it and I have seen the game play a lot. It looks quite similar to the previous games. I decided to try Black Ops 2 while it was on free weekend on steam. I managed to get up to rank 34 quite easily (with double xp). There is not much of a challenge to be honest. The campaign was too short and boring
  5. Jul 30, 2013
    Very disappointing singleplayer. Too easy, too short, generic, pseudo hollywood presentation which contrasts with the rather outdated graphics. The multiplayer is not much better, entertaining for a few hours, but very hectical and spammed with hackers only two months after initial release. My last purchase in the Call of Duty franchise, a series which has gotten more and more repetitive and has been deteriorating with every release since Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. Expand
  6. Jul 28, 2013
    It's the exact same as last year and as usual somehow took two years to market and another year to make work correctly.
    Now to be honest it's true, same thing since Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, same engine, several powerful guns, several useless guns, and the rest are just there. The story as normal is pointless to play unless if you want to perfect the game, at least this year you can
    influece said story and have a slightly different ending. Side-quest mode (AKA Zombies) is the same thing from Black Ops 1, only this time you can build stuff and that the characters are new, yet this time forgetable. I can say though that I enjoyed Mob of the Dead, finally providing a challenge to survive. Finally the thing that makes all of the cal of duty fans go crazy, the broken and useless multiplayer. I'm actually pretty good at it (2.27 Kills to Death Ratio and a 1.21 Win to Loss Ratio) and I still do not enjoy myself when I play it, it's a torture to play even when you are good, somehow though this game keeps a massive fan boy following. I've played both the console and PC editions and none of them are any different, and that's to be expected since Activision is too busy eiter working on another series of pointless and bad cash ins, or the next Call of Duty. My personal opinion, if you want a Call of Duty game, buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: World at War, together thay are half the price of Black Ops 2 and are both exceedingly better than this years rehash. And a Fun Fact, the graphics are actually worse than World at War somehow, go figure. Expand
  7. Aug 21, 2013
    totally garbage....i've played all cod games and so far cod 4 & black ops is best of them....
    now this series has become childish(graphic wise and gameplay wise)
    i am not going to buy any cod game again
  8. Oct 16, 2013
    Singleplayer: Story is unintrestng and predictable, gameplay is the same as last year and too short.
    Multiplayer: the devs pretty much put everything in multiplayer so unless you have steady internet connection you're gonna have a bad time, after 2 years the game will be filled with cheaters,campers etc.
    gameplay once again same as last year, filled with kids from 6 to 14 yelling

zombies: boring and repetetive maps are not nearly as good as last year although satisfying to mow down a of zombies coming after you'd get the same enjoyment out of blending lemons to throw in your eyes after seeing this game play out
  9. Aug 30, 2013
    This game barely scrapes by on a four out of ten. The single-player mode was okay, but was short and could have been extended quite a bit more. The multi-player mode, however is what drags this game through the dirt. I have what I consider a fast laptop, and yet I had to update it as far as possible just for the game to run. And IF i manage to connect to a multi-player server, it's short-lived. Connection with this game is nigh on impossible and gives many numbers of errors for not connecting. Connection interrupted, lost connection to host, and you have been disconnected are the main messages I see. I wasted 60 dollars to buy a game that is unplayable. Expand
  10. Sep 1, 2013
    Its the same as every other CoD ever made. The mechanics are boring. All the guns feel the same. And the single player campaign is crap. The community sucks. If I want to get yelled at by children then I'd become a parent. If you own any other call of duty game, then don't buy this. If you don't, and enjoy generic, boring gameplay, then have fun playing with Pinocchio because you clearly don't exist. Expand
  11. Sep 2, 2013
    I don't know why does this game exist. It's ugly, even in full settings we can compare it to bioshock 1 or crysis 1. It's not funny. It introduces no innovation. It has a ridiculous plot and several ends to the campaign to improve the life expectancy but no one wants to do this twice. The multiplayer is dreadful, it recycles some MW2's weapons. The concept of the future is just a pretext to say to the world "we take risks! we innovate!". To finish with I'll say that this game is like a drug: it's harmful, useless, makes bad trips but we can't stop playing again and again until we uninstall it. Expand
  12. Sep 7, 2013
    Definitely the worst game of the franchise as of now (but Ghost's trailers and gameplay videos show that Activision still has a lot of space to dig down to the bottom of this CoD'nfusion). The lame singleplayer with rubbish plot about cyberterrorists, the strike ops mode which was made only to be in the game. Zombies became silly and blunt with these new overtwist of plot and mechanics. Multiplayer introduced nothing new, except the bad "pick-10" and wildcards, imbalanced perks and weapons (which also sound like someone in the weapon is participating in the quick spitting competition, oh, and SMGs doesn't look to have recoil at all), etc. This list can be continued. Don't buy this game. RIP Call of Duty. Expand
  13. Sep 9, 2013
    This game is like constipation... Same different day or call of duty case same every November.
    same engine, same graphics, same America kill everything, same mechanics, etc
    also the price WTF £50 for a game that has 1% more features than the last copy/clone
    THIS GAME SHOWS THE GREED OF THE COD FRANCHISE!
    DO NOT BUY, JUST BUY THE OLDER VERSIONS WHICH ARE STILL £30
  14. Sep 15, 2013
    This game is repetitive boring and is just another addition to the cod franchise which is constructed by really repetitive games The single player is not worth mentioning and the multiplayer is just boring The dlc's are either crappy maps that nobody will remember or maps from black ops 1 which was one of the best call of duty games in my opinion
  15. Sep 21, 2013
    This game is crap.
    The same generic gameplay since MW1, you are surrounded be 4 years n00b kids, crying on every single thing you do.
    Hackers, cheaters, aimbots, and the poor match making, no dedicated servers.
    I was banned from this game because people thought i was a hacker, i had 32 kills and 5 deaths.
    Graphics from 2006, very old engine (a very modified version of Quake Engine).

Not a full game, DLC's 15 each, the maps are small like hell.
    Please, dont waste your 60 save your bucks for some other good things
  16. Sep 26, 2013
    Exactly like every other CoD in game play, just like the last one. Bad storyline, but that's no surprise. Move on to Zombies. Just like W.A.W. or Bl.Ops 1. Multi-player, rinse and repeated like the rest of the CoD games.
  17. Oct 3, 2013
    Oh im just been informed this isn't just Black Ops with a texture pack. Surprising. The story is all over the place, there is no characterization, and everything is predictable. Level design is horrible and has you running through halls. There are some changes in multiplayer which make it even less balanced. there is one change that is good, but it isn't worth 60 dollars.
  18. Apr 25, 2014
    SP is not enjoyable because you have to choose between AI that wont hit you even if you slowly walk up to them, or AI that will AimBot you the second you peek around a corner.
    The MP can't be enjoyed because it is based on chance, not skill. A game which makes noobtubes and running around knifing everyone even possible is a game that will be exploited by **** Normal players who want to
    play with skills and real strategy have no place here because the **** outnumber them twenty to one. Expand
  19. Oct 22, 2013
    OMG BEST GAME EVVVER, LOVE THE PART WHEN YOU KILL PEOPLE, 360 NO SCOPE!!!!!! SO MUCH FUNN. Love all the 8 year olds on online btw. Me Luve tihs GAAAMMMMME IT SO FUUUN, BEST. ME SOOOO GOOD AT IT
  20. Oct 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Call of Duty: Black Ops II is the obvious sequel to Call of Duty: Black Ops. The game is split into three modes;
    Campaign
    Multi-player
    and Zombies

The campaign gives you the role of playing as a person. I can't remember the protagonists name, because it's so bland. The story is pretty much the same as Modern Warfare 3, but somewhere down the line Treyarch went "we need dem feels in the game, guys" and added an extra story mechanic of the protagonists father was shot by his friend. And the actual story we were told about in E3 starts at the second to last level, which ruins the whole game. The Multi-Player is the same, with normal players stuck between TryHard's and Pro Snipers. And they have nearly ruined the only thing keeping the series alive, Zombies. This time the characters are forgettable, unlike their original counterparts who I still love as a zombie player. The gamemode only still lives thanks to its final DLC, Apocalypse, that brought back Dempsy, Roctoffen, Nickolai and Takeo, and adding a brilliant twist to the storyline. Overall the game is a forgettable mess, that I'm giving a three to so Medal of Honor: Warfighter still has a lower score.
  21. Oct 28, 2013
    Worst game I every played... The single player is good but the multiplayer... In multiplayer with a sniper you can jump and do a 360 and shoot headshot.
  22. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of duty did it again:
    Releasing the same game which naive people will buy again.
    It is a very disappointing game if you played the series for a long time.
    It has almost no innovation at all. The highly praised by the marketing team next gen engine is just a bit prettier than MW3. Single player is decent, but only if you don't get tired of linear map design.
  23. Nov 13, 2013
    Still selling for $60 on Steam, that is a complete disappointment, it's a decent game, at a horrendous price. Don't buy it unless it's on a big sale. I would pay $30 or less for this game. (BO2 also has pretty bad graphics for a game made recently.)
  24. Nov 23, 2013
    I've played CoD W@W,MW2,BO,MW3,BO2... and this is pretty much the same run-n-gun arcade shooter throughout their franchise. Now I mainly play for multiplayer, and can say it's the same old stuff, nothing wrong with that.
    There is a broken point perk system, as used in Treyarch's BO2, so if you're not a fan of that, then that might be a negative for you. Though, the same old 1 host
    advantage lobbies are being used once again, which can and will lead to laggy games, due to being forced to play against people probably not even close to your area.
    Graphics look nice, only if you max out all the settings. There's no in-game option to change field of view, there are mods available but there is uncertainty at the moment whether they are allowed without punishment/ban. All you get for audio options is a level bar to increase or decrease volume. Unlike BO1 & BO2 where you have different audio presets, and can even lower down the volume of annoying voice overs and music.
    As I said, this is the same gameplay as the previous games, whether they were IW or Treyarch, and I still have fun with that. So why such a low score? Well, I suppose this might not be IW fault completely, but there is weak PC community for this game. On average, there are 8K players online, other times under 4K, on good days 18K, and 30K on a rare sunny day. I honestly don't know if those are average numbers for a call of duty game on PC, being that it is my first one on PC. Without dedicated servers, and the previous 6GB RAM requirement (now patched to 4GB), people probably decided to pass on this or just decided to move on to consoles (which average +400K players online), sadly. Cannot recommend, if ever, I would suggest wait till steam itself has a free to play weekend, maybe by then you could see it's same old same old, but without anybody to play with, at least in PC case.
  25. Nov 23, 2013
    Another recycled Call of Duty game, it was ok for 2 days, then it got boring and repetitive. I see you first, you die. If you want a real fps, you should try something else.
  26. Nov 30, 2013
    Im very dissapointed. The terrible coding in "Zombies" make it unpossible to enjoy. The multiplayer doesnt feel verry fluent and The matchmaking is just the WORST. I have a PC that runs Crysis 3 on Ultra, but the Graphics (Textures) are realy ugly. I would defenetly NOT recommend this game. Its a waste of money.
  27. Jan 12, 2014
    The multiplayer is trash unbalenced, awful hit detection,lag, boring campaign , **** zombies, and all the dlcs were a copy from BO1 and the fact its the **** SAME GAME FROM COD 4!!!!!!!!
  28. Dec 27, 2013
    With a horrendous campaign, not many changes from the previous entries in the series, a few removed game types/modes and bad graphics (for a AAA title), the only reason to purchase this game would be for the multiplayer and/or zombies mode. While it's fun and addictive, the multiplayer is almost exactly the same as previous titles in the franchise. There's different maps, weapons, killstreaks and titles, but still the game is very similar to other Call of Duty games. I also thought the emblem creator was awful. I liked the pre-made emblems much more, and to me it felt like the developers wanted to put less effort into the callsigns. Zombies mode was fun, but I barely played it, so I don't have much to say about it.

The game is FUN, but nothing else. Oh, and if you're playing online, you might want to mute some of the players, as there are many underage players.
  29. Jan 23, 2014
    The reason I have scored Black Ops II by Activision a low score is because after playing the game and getting to 2nd prestige I decided to upgrade my PC and then reinstall Black Ops II. Before reinstalling I checked to make sure that the game was saved, and according to Activision the game is saved online. But after reinstalling my game I found that my rank had been reset to 0. I contacted customer support but would they not do anything about it. So basically I have been shafted by Activision. A well deserved 0 score from yet another player who had his stats reset for no reason. I am now certain that I am not the only one, and there are plenty of other reports of this happening. Also now I know that these reports are true. It's possible it happens to everyone who plays this game. Expand
  30. Mar 15, 2014
    Terribly boring, and definitely not worth the price.
    The game is basically this: Very long cutscene -> short action -> Very, very long cutscene -> short action -> Incredibly long cutscene -> short action -> Endless cutscene during which you forget you're playing a game -> short action... (ad nauseam).
    Everything seems more and more dumbed down and repetitive, as is the tendency for games
    nowadays, and I see nothing new when compared to older titles. A waste of my money. Expand
  31. Apr 6, 2014
    This game is the same like every CoD Bo1 nothing new! Graphics and level design are terrible...
    The Singleplayer is extreme boring the Multiplayer (Gameplay) is bad and only kiddis play this game!
    2 Points because the Zombie Mode is cool but to easy
  32. May 31, 2014
    I was very disappointed when I bought this game. The maps were quite bad and the game has simply gotten too noob friendly.
    I used to be a big fan of the call of duty game, but this is the last CoD game I will ever buy. The people behind the call of duty series don't seem to care much about the people who buy the game.
  33. Jun 3, 2014
    Call of Duty series always made me feel like it was more of a modern warfare combat instead of all the Alien/Advance weapon crap other games throw in for you. However, Call of Duty: Black Ops II was so disappointing that I wanted to get a refund for it. Don't ever waste your money on this game unless its a buy one get one free or something. The story of the game is what deserves a 1, everything else. -10 Expand
  34. Jun 16, 2014
    All though this game was fun for a little, it went dull when I reached the highest level. Every month they come out with new stuff, which is very cool but you have to buy a "skin" for 5.00. Although call of duty is known for that it is just way to much. Aside all the money grabbing, this game had a good story and I enjoyed it.

1. Dec 30, 2012
    The Corn Flakes of multiplayer first-person shooters. We've been sick of eating it for some time, now. [Jan 2013, p.80, 81]
    Black Ops II brings evolution to the series unfortunately, the evolution that is incomplete. Only one part of the game deserves a top ranking – multiplayer. [Christmas 2012]
  3. Dec 12, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops II is saved by its multiplayer, as the campaign has surprisingly too many bad sections. Maybe now it's time to move on? [Dec 2012]