Call of Duty: Black Ops II PC

4.1

1. Dec 5, 2012
    This is the first Call of Duty game I bought since COD 4 and will also be my last. First, lag in multiplayer is unacceptable. I've been a PC gamer my entire life starting with the Quake/Doom days and never seen multiplayer lag this horrible. It seems to punish fast connections and being on a 100mbit fiber line, I always feel like I'm getting screwed over every fight. They forgot toThis is the first Call of Duty game I bought since COD 4 and will also be my last. First, lag in multiplayer is unacceptable. I've been a PC gamer my entire life starting with the Quake/Doom days and never seen multiplayer lag this horrible. It seems to punish fast connections and being on a 100mbit fiber line, I always feel like I'm getting screwed over every fight. They forgot to calibrate the compensation because its a POS. What a waste of money. Single player is a joke. Acting is laughable and missions are boring and the graphics/sound are way worse than multiplier. Action is high but over the top insane and it there is really no point to it all. Game is now uninstalled. Expand
  2. Dec 7, 2012
    The same thing again!!! Anything new in multiplayer, and the single player whit dx11 grpahics,.. well i dont know where... it seems that the game was made in a hurry! If you buy only because the multiplayer, and know no one more go play mw3, buy this crap!
  3. Mar 25, 2013
    Call of Duty PC=a big load of donkey Sh*t. There's nothing more to say then that.
  4. Aug 16, 2013
    This is a really bad game and marks the death hopefully of COD as we know it dictating a total revamp of the series. I got halfway through the campaign and even though I usually finish most games couldn't drag myself to the end of this and uninstalled it. Skip all the annoying Strikeforce missions which just detract from a nonsensical and poorly written story in the campaign. The campaignThis is a really bad game and marks the death hopefully of COD as we know it dictating a total revamp of the series. I got halfway through the campaign and even though I usually finish most games couldn't drag myself to the end of this and uninstalled it. Skip all the annoying Strikeforce missions which just detract from a nonsensical and poorly written story in the campaign. The campaign is tedious and just over the top and missions consist of you running around in overblown Hollywood epic cutscenes and your interaction with the story/mission is minimal. The first Black Ops although not requiring any intelligence (but then you don't play these games to further your intellect) was at least an enjoyable romp through bits of history. The flashbacks to the 80s are the only mildly entertaining aspect of this game, the action set in 2025 is just boring and often confusing, it would be nice if you could skip it and just play the 80s missions. Pick it up for $5 in a sale but otherwise DO NOT pay $60 it is DEFINITELY not worth it Expand
  5. Jan 14, 2013
    I am VERY disappointed at this game, it's the same trite formula with no to very little innovation. I have only played it about 5-6 hours total between single player, multilayer and zombies(which is actually okish) and wished I didn't waste $50 on this garbage. I have gone back to playing Modern Warfare 3. Multilayer is probably the part I hate the most, the maps are tiny! everyoneI am VERY disappointed at this game, it's the same trite formula with no to very little innovation. I have only played it about 5-6 hours total between single player, multilayer and zombies(which is actually okish) and wished I didn't waste $50 on this garbage. I have gone back to playing Modern Warfare 3. Multilayer is probably the part I hate the most, the maps are tiny! everyone just runs around shooting from this hip and it is cheap deaths around every corner. Zombies is the only redeeming feature of this game, it is ok, but not amazing. I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING THIS GAME! Expand
  6. Jan 19, 2013
    Total disappointment. MULTIPLAYER and co-op were my biggest reasons for getting this game, and it has been a horrible experience. The lag compensation will show you shooting dead on and getting a miss or shooting air and getting a kill. Not to mention, you will see yourself getting up to 4-5 shots off on your screen, but the killcam shows you didn
  7. Jan 22, 2013
    I was very excited about this game when I saw it at E3. Yet, to my disappointment, I found this game to be only mediocre. The graphics had absolutely no upgrade, and the multiplayer was just plain bad. The only fun thing you'll find in this game is the zombies mode, which I loved. everything else...well, just not the best COD game.
  8. Jun 21, 2013
    GOD THIS GAME IS BORING. The single player is just your generic shoot everything that moves and the multiplayer is so simple that playing it causes your brain cells to die. There is no punishment in the multiplayer so you never really feel like your being challenged and you will quickly get tired of the small and simple maps.
  9. Feb 24, 2013
    Incredibly boring, with a story so derivative it's insulting, BLOPS2 is yet another serving of the same mediocrity by a studio devoid of originality. I'm falling asleep writing this re
  10. Jun 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well, lets see, the system requirements went up, but the graphics got worse. The campaign is stupid, no focus on Reznov after the "Reznov is dead or is he?" code in Black Ops 1. Depending on your actions, Mason may show up years later with no explanation as to where he has been for like 30 years. The rest of the campaign is just full of boring futuristic stuff. The multiplayer had awful maps, there weren't really any irritating weapons except for a handful of things that could lead you to mistake for hacks. The game was generally boring and was a terrible follow up to Black Ops 1. Expand
  11. Jun 3, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II is one of the worst game I've ever played in my life. Well, I am one of the most stupid person alive right now. I paid 120 bucks for this game. Spent 250 hours of IN-GAME time on this bullcrap. Until I met Battlefield. I run my games on a 3470 and 7970, so don't compare your "lousy cod graphics" to at least the Crysis (1) back in 2007. This game lacks theCall of Duty: Black Ops II is one of the worst game I've ever played in my life. Well, I am one of the most stupid person alive right now. I paid 120 bucks for this game. Spent 250 hours of IN-GAME time on this bullcrap. Until I met Battlefield. I run my games on a 3470 and 7970, so don't compare your "lousy cod graphics" to at least the Crysis (1) back in 2007. This game lacks the diversity of new things, and each year i am basically buying back the same game OVER AND OVER AGAIN. With just some newer (and boring) things over and over again.

I love the irony in the Xbox ONE live reveal show, I spent 3 hours of my life hearing to TV shows, how to navigate with the Xbox one, then comes the Call of Duty: Ghosts reveal.

Mantling like in BF3, slide like in Crysis and swim through fishes like in Mario. Like seriously, the engine is still the same f*cking engine. No way on Earth am I purchasing the game if it doesn't have a bigger fanbase in my region.

IW, TREYARCH, ACTIVISION, the 3 MOST EVIL COMPANIES TO EVER EXIST.

(Btw guys, don't ever listen to critics like IGN, you hear it from the majority of the players (us) in the community and User section of this website. They are paid to give higher ratings. 9.3 from IGN for CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 2??!! WHAT A BIG FAT LIE)
  12. Mar 23, 2013
    Isn't it high time we boycott this franchise?

Yes, gamer, don't return slavishly to the call of doodoo! Especially if you are a pc player. Why? Just to to name a few reasons: -Cheese ridden arcade twitch game-play -Cynical monetization -Unassailable firewall btwn player and dev community -Ugly tendency in the online community, if you are not one for hostility toward the other.
    Isn't it high time we boycott this franchise?

-Cynical monetization
    -Unassailable firewall btwn player and dev community
    -Ugly tendency in the online community, if you are not one for hostility toward the other. Perhaps it follows from the model they've set up here.
    -Claustrophobic maps with no sniping but action sniping. No real tactics (flanking etc) but nonosecond tactics.
    -Ubiquitous hackers

Really that last one should do it, even if you care not for of the concerns above it. I concede that the game feel is unparalleled, but we can't allow them to ride that crack appeal forever, releasing as they do the same uninteresting game over and over. Compare to Madden. To see it done right, look no further than the roadmap for Planetside 2, itself a great game with much in the way of strategy, wonderful comm, tactics, stealth and sniping. In short, get your head out of the CoD and into the real game right, right?
  13. Jul 4, 2013
    This game is broken, After 3 patches this game still crash for no good reason. I had unstable issue with the first black ops and now this piece of is unplayable. Treyarch is a ****ty developer and all they care is the Xbox 360 version. The PC and PS3 is a very ****ty port. I will never buy anything from them again.
  14. Mar 10, 2013
    This game is the same year after year. Run, point, shoot, die rinse and repeat. And the campaign is the same as every year. Go to war. Kill the main bad guy. The end. I am really disappointed and wont buy CoD unless this changes
  15. Mar 30, 2013
    As a (now former) CoD fan, I didn't enjoy BO II. The story was cheesy and unreasonable (it was very cinematic, though), and when you reach a moment when you can just RUN through the levels on any difficulty you can say the series reached a new low. Not to mention the MP is filled with idiots. Some of the weapons are overpowered, hackers can be found rather often, players are dumb and theAs a (now former) CoD fan, I didn't enjoy BO II. The story was cheesy and unreasonable (it was very cinematic, though), and when you reach a moment when you can just RUN through the levels on any difficulty you can say the series reached a new low. Not to mention the MP is filled with idiots. Some of the weapons are overpowered, hackers can be found rather often, players are dumb and the killstreaks are extremeley overpowered. The zombies did introduce some new mechanics, but it takes the focus of the basic goal of surviving, so I enjoyed it much less. As a big fan of the first Black Ops, Don't bother buying it. Save those 60$. Expand
  16. Jun 9, 2013
    ruined game. the first one was amazing, it was based on precision and skill in multiplier but now.... Even the zombie maps were ruined. all the maps look horrid, the background imaging is basic, and even the AI is terrible. the amount of money this corporation has they should be able to afford there own servers. not cheap out and use players as there servers. the fact the next game wasruined game. the first one was amazing, it was based on precision and skill in multiplier but now.... Even the zombie maps were ruined. all the maps look horrid, the background imaging is basic, and even the AI is terrible. the amount of money this corporation has they should be able to afford there own servers. not cheap out and use players as there servers. the fact the next game was announced a couple of days after the last DLC was made, proves how half ass'ed these are. small machine guns have more ammo, more damage, and better accuracy then an LMG. Great logic. Expand
  17. Apr 16, 2013
    Making BILLIONS every year. But this poor Bobby Kottick is too preocupied in the law sues against him and fu***ng gamers by behind to upgrade his game.... And it seems they like it, since they keep buying.

Making BILLIONS AND BILLIONS, but can't invest 1/4 of that money back into the game just to make it better.... no no, can't take this risk, just copy paste and change the singleplayer story.

Anyone calling themselves gamers and still plays this crap should be a shame of himself and you are contribuing in shutting down the gaming industry.

1 of the worst call of duty. always going downhill. Making billions, but still only put 20 millions to make the same old game. but stupid fake gamers still cum on this and praise him.... I have no faith in the future of gaming, thanks to yall kids.
  18. Mar 30, 2013
    Just an absolutely horrible game I cannot find a single thing to appraise MW3 better, MW2 better, BO1 better battlefield series way better. I have played three previous versions something like 3-400 hours and found them enjoyable but the controls in this is just plain frustrating, no one is playing I would probably declare this the death of the franchise unless they step up in the next release
  19. May 9, 2013
    STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS GAME! First of all, to be honest, I have never played a single COD title, the only FPS I've played were Counter Strike. Having heard a lot of rave reviews from game critics, doing research on YouTube and so on, with many COD fanboys bragging about how superior these titles were compared to other FPS. It gave me the assurance, that this has to be the best FPSSTAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS GAME! First of all, to be honest, I have never played a single COD title, the only FPS I've played were Counter Strike. Having heard a lot of rave reviews from game critics, doing research on YouTube and so on, with many COD fanboys bragging about how superior these titles were compared to other FPS. It gave me the assurance, that this has to be the best FPS ever made, right? F**k no!!! Ok, at first BO2 may seem quite fun but for awhile, it won't take long before you realize that it's just stupid & mindless, you'll feel like a complete retard running around in circles in a freaking Michael Bay movie with a mass orgy of bombardments, getting killed out of no where. Can someone knock some sense in to me and explain how the hell did COD titles gets all the good reviews? how the hell is this even fun? I'm astonished! This game for me is a 4/10, TERRIBLE!!! I just don't get how COD titles are one of the best selling video games or why people are wasting money on this trash, one thing's for sure though, definitely the last time I bought any COD crap. Expand
  20. Apr 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Expand
  21. Dec 20, 2015
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  22. May 11, 2013
    After playing this during the free weekend, I can tell you that this game is nothing special. If they dropped the price to $20, it would better reflect the game's value.

Not much has changed here, you could go back to the old MW games, and see the same gameplay. The unlock system is confusing... I unlocked something I have to unlock? Talk about annoying. The graphics are nothing

The graphics are nothing special either. You actually can't hear footsteps very well (this is playing with $80 razer headphones). There were quite a few times where I would get stuck on objects, or other players as well. Also, why do we still have maps that have areas where you can kill yourself by jumping off the map? Seriously? If I wanted those kind of maps, I'd go play an old quake or Unreal tournament.

Will not be buying this game. I already have 2 others JUST like it.
  23. May 23, 2013
    How can we juste accept it. Same game than all others The game is actually outdated, the community is bad mostly 8 years old players for a +18 game I can't understand people who buy it
  24. Jul 16, 2013
    Bad game Be ready to run across the map in 5 seconds becouse autistic cod kids need to be shooting every second else the game sucks Weapons sound bad graphics still suck maps still suck unrealistic wep camos lower the score by 2
  25. May 31, 2013
    So, let's start from a 10 and reduce it by it's flaws:

Overused series with no change -3 Poor engine (bugs, horrible sound and graphics) -2 Easily hackable multiplayer -1 Unoriginal campaign with stupid and hard to control gimmicks -1 Boring gameplay -2 So in the end, I would say it deserves nothing more than a 1/10. Even then there's a lot more flaws; DLC with very little
    So, let's start from a 10 and reduce it by it's flaws:

Overused series with no change -3
    Poor engine (bugs, horrible sound and graphics) -2
    Easily hackable multiplayer -1
    Unoriginal campaign with stupid and hard to control gimmicks -1
    Boring gameplay -2

So in the end, I would say it deserves nothing more than a 1/10. Even then there's a lot more flaws; DLC with very little content for HUGE price
    Horrible fanbase (greatly affects multiplayer)
    Server problems (different players not in sync)
    Lack of response from Activision (has there been any patch? If yes they didn't fix anything)
    60$ price for a game which relies only on the multiplayer (without good solo, should be about 40$)

So if you are looking for a FPS, don't waste your 60$ on this, you will get very little satisfaction.
  26. Jun 15, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 brings nothing new to the table, with a bland and uninspired story. I quickly found myself bored in the middle of level two, and I didn't even bother starting level three. It honestly has nothing redeemable.
  27. Jun 24, 2013
    Still same, boring Call of Duty which, to be honest, is worse than other parts. Graphics looks very bad compared to any new FPS. Multiplayer is ridiculous with laser sights (you even don't have to aim trough sights because hipfire have 100% accuracy), unbalanced weapons and too big blast radius. BO2 has the worst gameplay of all CoD games. Better buy CoD4 instead.
  28. Jul 3, 2013
    Discouragement and sadness, the game turned into a complete low-quality junk. The graphics in the game is outdated by 10 years at least, animation, physics, and low-quality secondary. Story line of low-quality and uninteresting. The game crashes in the same place all the time.
  29. Jul 4, 2013
    This game are real Broken pistol and Shotgun have power than Sub Machine GUN game not balanced match marking is worst in history of COD series. Thanks Tre$arc for make a real stupid and broken game.
  30. Jul 8, 2013
    Modern Warfare 3 was great. But Black Ops 2 is a big DLC game. New cammo PAY,maps? PAY.
    Flags for your card PAY. This is terrible.
    Treyarch go home.
  31. Jul 13, 2013
    Single player is "ok"... But Multiplayer is just too bad. The only decent game was CoD4, but after that, it went downhill. I don't see a reason in buying any CoD. The reason BF4 has way more pre-orders than Ghosts says enough.
  32. Jul 30, 2013
    Very disappointing singleplayer. Too easy, too short, generic, pseudo hollywood presentation which contrasts with the rather outdated graphics. The multiplayer is not much better, entertaining for a few hours, but very hectical and spammed with hackers only two months after initial release. My last purchase in the Call of Duty franchise, a series which has gotten more and more repetitiveVery disappointing singleplayer. Too easy, too short, generic, pseudo hollywood presentation which contrasts with the rather outdated graphics. The multiplayer is not much better, entertaining for a few hours, but very hectical and spammed with hackers only two months after initial release. My last purchase in the Call of Duty franchise, a series which has gotten more and more repetitive and has been deteriorating with every release since Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. Expand
  33. Nov 8, 2015
    Good game with an unplayable port. DO NOT buy it for pc. I have a $1600 dollar gaming rig and this game runs pathetically. My computer has like 20x the power of either of the new consoles and they run it better then this. PLEASE STOP TREATING THE PC COMMUNITY SECOND HAND, STOP **** PORTS.
  34. Aug 21, 2013
    totally garbage....i've played all cod games and so far cod 4 & black ops is best of them....
    now this series has become childish(graphic wise and gameplay wise)
    i am not going to buy any cod game again
  35. Nov 13, 2013
    Still selling for $60 on Steam, that is a complete disappointment, it's a decent game, at a horrendous price. Don't buy it unless it's on a big sale. I would pay $30 or less for this game. (BO2 also has pretty bad graphics for a game made recently.)
  36. Nov 30, 2013
    Im very dissapointed. The terrible coding in "Zombies" make it unpossible to enjoy. The multiplayer doesnt feel verry fluent and The matchmaking is just the WORST. I have a PC that runs Crysis 3 on Ultra, but the Graphics (Textures) are realy ugly. I would defenetly NOT recommend this game. Its a waste of money.
  37. Dec 27, 2013
    With a horrendous campaign, not many changes from the previous entries in the series, a few removed game types/modes and bad graphics (for a AAA title), the only reason to purchase this game would be for the multiplayer and/or zombies mode. While it's fun and addictive, the multiplayer is almost exactly the same as previous titles in the franchise. There's different maps, weapons,With a horrendous campaign, not many changes from the previous entries in the series, a few removed game types/modes and bad graphics (for a AAA title), the only reason to purchase this game would be for the multiplayer and/or zombies mode. While it's fun and addictive, the multiplayer is almost exactly the same as previous titles in the franchise. There's different maps, weapons, killstreaks and titles, but still the game is very similar to other Call of Duty games. I also thought the emblem creator was awful. I liked the pre-made emblems much more, and to me it felt like the developers wanted to put less effort into the callsigns. Zombies mode was fun, but I barely played it, so I don't have much to say about it.

The game is FUN, but nothing else. Oh, and if you're playing online, you might want to mute some of the players, as there are many underage players.
  38. Jun 16, 2014
    All though this game was fun for a little, it went dull when I reached the highest level. Every month they come out with new stuff, which is very cool but you have to buy a "skin" for 5.00. Although call of duty is known for that it is just way to much. Aside all the money grabbing, this game had a good story and I enjoyed it.

1. PC PowerPlay
    Dec 30, 2012
    The Corn Flakes of multiplayer first-person shooters. We've been sick of eating it for some time, now. [Jan 2013, p.80, 81]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Dec 21, 2012
    Black Ops II brings evolution to the series unfortunately, the evolution that is incomplete. Only one part of the game deserves a top ranking – multiplayer. [Christmas 2012]
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Dec 12, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops II is saved by its multiplayer, as the campaign has surprisingly too many bad sections. Maybe now it's time to move on? [Dec 2012]