3.8

1. Nov 13, 2012
    Nothing new, this is a very old game being sold for full price. It's a GOOD old game, but you've played it before many times. The graphics look old, the gameplay is tired, and the single player campaign is not fun at all. If you like Battlefield 3, probably you should just wait until Battlefield 4. If you like more of the same, this game should fit the bill for you. I don't think I'll be playing much of this, last CoD for me until the tech and gameplay are upgraded. Expand
  2. Nov 15, 2012
    I'm giving this a 10 due to the people (75%+) that are giving this a 0 without even trying it and/or they are having connection issues or any other stupid reason.

Modern Warfare 2 was a great game to me, Black Ops 1 was fun but very clunky and pissed me off, Modern Warfare 3 was just basically MW2 but an expansion and had more hackers and absolute GARBAGE maps. Also I do like
    Battlefield 3 and the halo series.

I wasn't gonna buy this game not gonna lie but people said it was good and it looked different in a way... I have only tested the multiplayer and still have yet to test zombie mode and probably won't even consider the campaign.

Gameplay: Very fun, seems a bit more smoothed out than black ops 1, has a nice new streak system as well as the pick 10 option really changes things to make it so people truly get their own unique builds. The new gadgets are fun and the maps are NEW, actual new maps that dont all look the same and you don't get stuck on everything like you would in MW3. This game is above all actually fun! (with the exception of a few buggy things but that happens to ALL games) 9/10

Graphics: They don't look bad, there is nothing wrong with them ALTHOUGH this is Q4 2012 they could use a chunk of that amazing profit they make from this game to upgrade its system and stop pushing it toward 10 year old consoles. 6/10

Sounds: The music, the explosions are all nice and I like it although the guns seem kinda quite and weak. 8.5/10

Connection: Although they don't have the new dedicated servers by what people say I haven't ran into a connection issue once so for now (thoughts may change later) and maps take seconds to load.

Anyways overall the game is fun and has new ideas but still isn't a brand new thing to the market shining with its glory and I'm judging strictly on Multiplayer since that's what most people buy this game for anyways. Overall Score: 8.5/10

NEVER rate a game without playing it and just try it out, if it's not your type of game don't play it, don't troll, ignore it and go play your games.
  3. Nov 15, 2012
    I will start with the rating I would give this game: 8/10
    But I'll add two more points in a *futile* attempt to balance the haters.
    This is the best Call of Duty released since the original Modern Warfare. It is a lot better than the garbage Infinity Ward puts out every other year - those were the real rehashes, the real copy paste games (I'm talking about MW2 & MW3 of course).
    The
    singleplayer in Black Ops 2 is quite enjoyable in my opinion - I really like that they went in a different direction with the way that the story unfolds, compared to the previous installments.
    Also the multiplayer is much, much better. The new Pick 10 system is implemented very well, and it certainly makes things more varied. Plus the scorestreaks encourage playing the objective instead of camping (which IMO is perfect in objective based modes).
    I haven't really gotten into Zombies, it was never my thing - but from what I have seen it provides what standalone games cannot.
    Overall, Treyarch really surprised me with this new installment - compared to the failures IW is pumping out. It's nice to have a small breath of fresh air in an otherwise stale franchise.
    ----
    As a side note to the trolls giving this game a 0:
    1) If you want to at least be credible, "review" this game on a single platform. Don't copy-paste the review on all the platforms the game has been released on. I doubt that you even bought the PC version, let alone ALL the other versions.
    2) Do you know who rates a game for graphics solely? Wannabe teenagers who think "omgzzz guys im playin on xbox, im soooooo nerdyyyy* makes them awesome. It doesn't.
    3) I bet you all here that 90% of the people who gave this game a bad score and stated in their reviews that they do not jump in capitalist bandwagons because they are smart and we who bought BO2 are not, are the same people you see in lines every time Apple launches a new product. Do you see the irony?
  4. Nov 14, 2012
    Hello everyone,my comments about this game.Singleplayer graphic sucks,but multiplayer graphics are good.For singleplayer campaign,i give 3.Its very boring,POOR graphics even maxed out.Multiplayer is good,just bad thing that everyone takes smgs. as i said,multiplayer graphics are good,better than singleplayer.In this game DX 11 was a gimmick....I give for multiplayer a rating 8.Because of maps,graphics,sounds,and fun.Final rating : 7.Its an average game.But pay 69$ for this game... nah... Expand
  5. Nov 15, 2012
    **** game. The whole series just crap. Poor graphics, scripted scenes, forgettable characters, poor optimization. Activision bathe now in money. This game is just awful. No inovation in this game - copie of DLC of BO1. Just ****
  6. Nov 19, 2012
    Well, this is my first Call of Duty game since CoD 4 and I have to say BO2 is really good FPS (not realistic, but it's fun), however I think they should finally change game engine etc. Maybe they're afraid of massive failure?
  7. Nov 20, 2012
    I made an account just to rate this game. This is just another copy of MW3, although campaign is probably worse than before. The "easter egg" ending made the game seem so amateur, I literally sat there crying watching the cutscene. Do not waste your money on this terrible copy.
  8. Nov 23, 2012
    Campaign story is so bad it makes Uwe Boll seem like Spielberg, graphics look like they took a step back from MW3 and cant quite put my finger on it but there's something about multilayer that just feels off and not in any positive way. I am usually a fan of CoD but it looks like this time the haters were right this game is a big waste of 60$ and a giant leap back for the franchise
  9. Feb 9, 2013
    Didn't like this. Bad graphics. Worse story than part 1, which I found quite enjoyable. 'Modern' 2025 stuff poorly executed. Bad AI. Strikeforce missions that suck balls. Unfortunately, there are better ways to spend my money.
  10. Nov 14, 2012
    This has got to be the most revolting "steaming" pile of **** I've ever **** seen. First off Activision, try patching your God forsaken games before you release them to the public. I swear, it's like this game is still in it's Alpha stage of development. I've seen mod teams that produced WAY better games than this **** swill, and they didn't cost $60 dollars either, THEY WERE FREE! There hasn't been an inkling of effort or creativity put into this franchise since COD4 (RELEASED NEARLY 6 YEARS AGO), and I just find that **** pathetic. So, if you're sick and tired of playing the same old re-hashed bull**** every year, then just do the following: BOYCOTT THE **** Expand
  11. Nov 14, 2012
    CoD is CoD. The multiplayer is largely unchanged from MW3, beyond different maps, but the single player introduces some (relatively) new ideas. The story reflects some of your choices,or which objectives you accomplished, and for a CoD game this is pretty interesting concept. There's a semi-forced RTS thing similar to Nuclear Dawn, where you can direct units from an overhead view, then zoom in and take control of them during battle. Unfortunately, unlike Nuclear Dawn, it's not done well and playing it is pretty tedious - it's generally better to just tell all your guys to attack one target, then do everything else yourself. As far as zombies, I've been having a lot of connection errors with that game mode, and that game mode only, so hopefully there's a patch in the works. Expand
  12. Nov 26, 2012
    The single player campaign is OK. Nothing to write home about. I am fairly sure that it will get the same reaction as Black Ops. If you liked the SP in BO1, you'll probably like it in BO2. Multiplayer, though.. damn. It is HORRIBLE. Maps are retreads, graphics are mundane, sound is incredibly bad. BO2 makes no effort to address the same old issues that plague FPS games online. Camping is rampant, hit detection is atrocious, weapons are extremely overpowered (shotguns) or underpowered (ARs). The only positive thing I can say about the multiplayer is that the 9-point system can work, with a little tweaking. But since Treyarch obviously doesn't care about their community I do not see it improving. All Treyarch has managed to do, in my case, is make sure I never pay full price for one of their games ever again. Expand
  13. Nov 19, 2012
    Alright ... i finished the story mode and played some Multiplayer.
    Indeed the game is full of bugs I laughed when I saw some of the same bugs of the previous CoD versions. I enjoyed a little the Single Player. The Multiplayer ... please remove auto-aim and make some new maps, I noticed some maps are the damn same. CoD, Y U NO BETA TEST !?
  14. Nov 23, 2012
    Why is there so much hate towards BO2 (or CoD in general)?
    Unlike Infinity Ward, Treyarch actually adds alot of new features to the franchise:

Black Ops 2 Versus BO1 / MW series & beyond:
    Better graphics, MUCH better sound, immersive campaign, scorestreaks system, 10-point loadout system , League Play, many more weapons and weapon attachments (i.e. Target Finder, Select Fire). Further
    more:
    Assist points are finally useful.
    10-point loadout system is fun to mess around with.
    (Deeper) custom emblem editor, also fun to play around with.
    Diamond camo's for the diehards!
    No more stationary campers thanks to new ghost perk !
    Much smaller hitbox for kniferunners!
    You can still quickscope, but that's a good thing cause of smaller maps and punishment for stationary campers.
    More interesting scorestreaks to choose from.
    Get a headset and notice the amazing soundquality. I tend pinpoint an enemy from hearing more than checking my minimap for any dots. Same applies to Black Ops 1 btw.

There are no dedicated servers and it used to bother me. Actually, I'm experiencing minimum lag or interrupts.
    Also, I was worried about the graphics and gameplay. .until I played the game for the first time, I thought this game would be the next MW3 that I couldn't enjoy playing. I can honestly say that BO2 is kind of a mix between MW3 and BO1.
    There is still recoil, pushbacks, but less than in BO1.
    There are alot of close quarter maps like in MW3, but way better designed (imho).

There must be more that I wanted to share, but nothing comes to mind right now.
    If you'll excuse me, I'm going back to play some more BO2 :))
  15. May 15, 2013
    The game itself introduces nothing new, besides mission loadout and different endings, which is new to the Call of Duty series. Campaign is pretty mediocre, with it's good points and flaws. Storyline is simple and very Hollywood-like. You can spend some hours playing it with your friends chewing popcorn. Graphics haven't changed too much, though there's some difference between previous Call of Duty games. Multiplayer changed a little bit, maybe it became even more dynamical and it's sort of pick-up-and-play if you wish. But this game doesn't worth it's full price of 60$, as you can otherwise spend the money for something much more useful or just hang out with your friends. Expand
  16. Nov 16, 2012
    I've never posted a review on Metacritic before, but felt compelled to after seeing so many troll/bad user reviews. It's one thing to play a game, review it objectively, and give it a low rating. It's another to rate a game a 0 or 1 without even playing it.

It boggles the mind how people complain about how the game "hasn't changed" yet the very first aspect they criticize following this
    statement is "teh engine/graphics are the same!!11" People need to understand that a new graphics engine does NOT equal new gameplay. Medal of Honor: Warfighter has arguably the best graphics engine on the market right now (frostbite 2), yet the gameplay is incredibly dull and dated (aside from the car missions that I felt were neat).

Now before playing a Call of Duty game, a prerequisite is required. By now, most people have played a CoD title at one point or another. You know the formula. So you can't rate the game low for being what it is: a highly scripted, fast-paced, blockbuster shooter. It's like giving Madden a 0 for being too much of a Madden game. It is what it is. CoD is NOT Battlefield, not Rainbow Six/GRAW, and it's not Brothers in Arms. If you go in expecting to fight in environments in size similar to Battlefield 3, expect to drive any vehicle you see in the map, or expect to micromanage your squad, you will be sorely disappointed.

Single-Player

If you play Black Ops 2 expecting the same formula of Black Ops 1 (or MW3 for that matter, although that was developed by a different studio), you will be VERY pleasantly surprised. BO2 brings many new appreciated changes such as allowing you to customize your loadout before each mission (like primary weapon, secondary, attachments, grenades, and even perks), strike missions, and alternate story choices and endings. And in Call of Duty fashion, this is all tied together in a campaign that features a great score, compelling characters, excellent voice acting, superb facial animation, and thrilling scripted events all running at 60 fps.

This time around, I really feel like they've struck a great balance between a compelling linear story line and player choice, both affecting gameplay (like loadouts and access to certain equipment and routes in the environment) and story (alternate choices and endings). Would I like more room to perform flanking maneuvers? Sure. But no CoD game in the series have ever really given me that, so I didn't expect it in this one and I won't fault it for that. Again, It think it's unfair to fault a game for not being what you want it to be. I can't fault CoD for not being more like Brothers in Arms. It would be the equivalent of faulting Gran Turismo for not being more open like Midnight Club Racers. Gran Turismo is not that kind of game and it would be unfair to judge it that way. GT must be reviewed as a circuit racer, just like CoD needs to be reviewed as a linear shooter with the likes of Homefront, Crysis 2, and Medal of Honor. That fact that Black Ops 2 offers alternate endings, optional missions, and custom loadouts earns it a lot of credit and differentiates Black Ops 2 from the "on-rails" shooter genre.

I agree when people say "vote with your wallet." For me, I love the new changes to the Black Ops 2 campaign and have voted "Yes."
  17. Nov 16, 2012
    This is one of the worst games I've played in recent times. Not only one of the worst but also the most overrated game ever. There is nothing good about this game. This game is bad. Nothing subjective about it, it's objectively bad. Every game is the same, not to mention each game is terrible so that's a double negative. If you played any other Call of Duty game, there's no point in buying this because you've already played it. Do not get it, it's glitchy, stupid and boring. Expand
  18. Nov 16, 2012
    This game is garbage. has decent graphics but you can't enjoy them because the game is so glitchy you can't aim your guns correctly. you can spray to get kills but nowhere near as smooth as borderlands or mw3. black ops 1 was the same one. is so disappointing that treyarch is still in business and that once every other year they get to put out a game from what has been the best series in the past.
  19. Nov 16, 2012
    Game is terrible, money is all they want, same old **** different year. zombies is probably the only thing worth playing, back to battlefield 3. Call of duty is only for fanboys
  20. Nov 17, 2012
    Horrible audio, boring and simply bad gunplay. Short and bad campaign with an AI which is comparable to a corpse. No bulletdrop, no recoil. All in all another casual shooter which console babies will love.
  21. Nov 18, 2012
    I bought this game not expecting my mind to be blown or to have ground-breaking new content. I bought this game expecting a crappy single player ( got it ) and a fun multiplayer (didn't get it). Maps are way too small, aim down the sights is dead thanks to the overpowered SMG's, and the reason I stopped playing all together.....The plants are bullet proof! Need cover in that office? Hide behind the man sized plant in the corner....It's like they looked at BO1 and said "How can we make this worse?"....Never again will I buy a COD title Expand
  22. Nov 19, 2012
    Let's just start with this **** game. Okay first off the single-player missions, the campaign is good, actually damn good, the dialog between every single character is amazing. So check out the singleplayer. But then we come to the worst multi-player ever. OMG!!! This was the most disappointed thing with this game. THE MULTI-PLAYER SUCKS!!!
  23. Nov 19, 2012
    I'll give Treyarch a 3/10 for the campaign.
    Everything else is simply a rehashed version of MW3, containing characters from Black Ops.
    The multiplayer leaves more to be desired, with multiple guns being unbalanced and only 1 additional game mode was added.
    All in all just another COD game that will not change its course unless people stop buying...
  24. Nov 20, 2012
    Call of duty series were good before they started making the same games over and over again and people buying the same game all over and over again expecting **** to change. Call of duty has yet chance to clear there made mistakes but i don't think they will realize that unless people will stop buying the games from them.
  25. Nov 21, 2012
    Every year COD creates a game using the same formula. easy game + lots of pointless rewards + lots of unlocks + super cool kill streaks = a game that will sell a **** tone of copies day 1 and keep people occupied until they release the next cod. NO support for their games, no community outreach, no intent to create a challenging game. THESE FRANCHISE MODEL NEEDS TO DIE.
  26. Nov 23, 2012
    Call of duty fanatic - full prestige player on all COD - this game black ops 2 is well well well below par - lost their way in multiplayer mode -respawning is just untrue, hopefully can get my money back from the shop I purcahsed from. Poor people that payed over 70 pounds for bonus stuff is just pure robbery - This game will go down in history of all COD as BAD beyond BAD! Will put the word out to all freinds who expect it for XMAS, GOOD LUCK Expand
  27. Nov 24, 2012
    This game is beyond horrible. Game engine, graphics and gameplay feel the exact same since Call of Duty 4. If you are an FPS gamer grab Battlefield 3 or Borderlands 2 if you want some rpg elements as well. Take yourmoney elsewhere cause Call of Duty is dead. Been dead forever.
  28. Dec 4, 2012
    Weak (shockingly boring) campaign, poorly plotted, linear to the point of funneling the player into a virtual tunnel (even preventing flanking the opposition), a real lack of game-play innovation, bad software quality, poor performance tuning / optimization, and appears not to have been even superficially play-tested in parts. Overall a shoddy release not worthy of being a sequel. MW, MW2, Black Ops1 are absolute classics. MW3 suffered from bad plotting, but Black Ops 2 takes that deficiency, adds a whole bunch of other letdowns, and is really disappointing. Expand
  29. Nov 19, 2012
    Мне игра понравилась гораздо больше, чем последний МВ 3. Свежие идеи в сингле, неплохая оптимизация, более чем вменяемый мультиплеер. Жаль, конечно, что до сих пор не перешли на новый движок, но зато люди, у которых слабый компьютер, смогут поиграть без проблем. Для меня идеалом мультиплеера до сих пор является МВ 2, как из нее смогли сделать такое непотребство, как МВ 3, не укладывается в голове, поэтому я очень рад, что Treyarch смогли сделать отличный мультиплеер, в который приятно поиграть.Не понимаю, как некоторым кажется, что Блэк Опс 2 похож на МВ 3, это бред, абсолютно разные игры!!! Твердые 8 баллов! Expand
  30. May 10, 2013
    Installed and tryed to play on Free Weekend and.. no changes its just next Copy and Paste game. Played for 3minutes, its really worst and hyped game.
    Nothing more to say.
  31. Nov 20, 2012
    This is by far the best map pack for modern warfare 2 yet! the amount of effort put into designing all the new levels and building a full new game play experience from the ground up is phenomenal, i just do not know how they did all this in just a year, and the price may be expensive but this is the best map pack ever, thanks activision I don't feel like I've been mugged at all! :D
  32. Nov 27, 2012
    After Treyarch did the dirty on PC players with the no dedicated servers crap, did they actually expect people to like a MW3 clone? Call of Duty is dead! Thank you for nothing, Treyarch!
  33. Jan 6, 2013
    Odd, despite all of these negative reviews I must say that I really enjoyed the game and I played the first one as well. Good and interesting story. Great special effects and graphics. I've played a lot of shooter games, some good and some bad. This one is worth playing AND it has replay value. Oh well, I guess that I'm just easy to please, I suppose.
  34. Nov 15, 2012
    No changes in gameplay, crashes and unstable servers, imbalanced multiplayer... a mediocre attempt to milk even more bucks from a dying IP... The worst spent 60$ in my whole gaming history.
  35. Jan 1, 2013
    treyarh brought the series to a new level. such work with the plot in shooters could only dream of, thanks to the nonlinearity you feel the main character. despite the old engine treyarh led process genre to new heights
  36. Dec 15, 2012
    I've never played the original Black Ops, but I have played MW2 and MW3. As other people have said there is a lot of similarity in the campaigns of MW2/MW3. I think I like this particular version the best though as I like the storyline. I think this game did a good job telling a story unlike a lot of other shooter type games. The intro cinematic with the unforgettable "The NIght Will Always Win" sets up the story nicely. The fact your actions in the game change the trajectory of the story is a pro and con. Yes I like feeling my actions have some impact other than some predetermined storyline, but I also feel that to see the other alternate endings requires a bit too much tedious backtracking as you have to actually reverse your save game permanently to previous missions. You can't just select a previous mission, do something different and see the outcome. Some may say that adds to the replayability of this game, but I'm not sure single player campaigns are inherently very replayable. There is also very little prompting that you are making a storyline choice. I'm still a bit perplexed how to exactly get the "best ending."

The deployment missions where you control a group of soldiers, drones, and/or turrets aren't very enjoyable. The interface just seems clumsy and overly complex. Not sure why they wanted to add an elemental of a real time strategy game into a shooter as it didn't work in my opinion. They also have limited attempts to them which makes them just stressful to complete. If you don't successfully complete all of those extra missions, then you won't get the best ending. I think the graphics are pretty good, and there are some levels that I felt were done especially well like the floating man made resort, and Afghanistan. The level designs apart from those deployment missions are pretty good, but linear. For the most part each mission was immersive, and enjoyable. There were occasions where I felt frustrated with the controls especially during parts of the game that involved things other than shooting (I.e. rock climbing, jet piloting etc)

I don't play the multiplayer portions of MW games primarily as I think they are inherently imbalanced, and I probably lack the skill to compensate for that. I did however enjoy MW co-op missions which are noticeably absent from this game. The zombie add-on is pretty much an afterthought.

Overall, I know this game probably doesn't have the freshest content out there, and yes I do take some objection to the price for previously used game engines, but the single player campaign is probably one of the best single player shooter campaigns I've played. I kind of felt like I paid 90 dollars for a very immersive and enjoyable movie with a good storyline where I had some control over the plot.
  37. Nov 18, 2012
    This game looks and feels bad all around. Character animations and guns appear to come directly from 3 years ago. Cutscenes look terrible. Story is just... It gets a 1 because marketing was able to fool me into buying this pos game.
  38. Nov 14, 2012
    Mediocre is the name of the game, I'm afraid. It seems Treyarch have tried to do their best with the existing recipe but the tired stitching of the call of duty franchise is really showing. I'm surprised how high a lot of the critics reviews are, especially considering how the recent Medal of Honor got a panning for doing the same old thing (admittedly more poorly executed than here). I worry that the fact a lot of the pre-release reviews were done at a special 'event' may have, unfortunately, influenced these. The cinematic story telling seems to hinder the action as your pushed from pillar to post with no real freedom. The 'choices' which are oft talked about seem very arbitrary and oh my the graphics are frankly terrible for such a hyped game (at some points I thought my game was bugged due to how shoddy some of the textures are). I'm sure the multi-player will be as successful as ever but for such an expensive game it really is just the same old tired formula. The Hollywood model or rinse and repeat has definitely become the standard in AAA gaming too. If you want an exciting PC shooter try something different like the free Tribes: Ascend. If you want this same old formula, I'd recommend picking up one of the older COD's for essentially the same experience. Expand
  39. Nov 17, 2012
    Why pay absurd prices for an annual update? Most games that come out brand new sell for around $30 on PC, yet Treyarch want $60! That is absurd, yet everybody falls for it. Call of Duty has sucked since Modern Warfare, yet you all keep making them the best selling games over and over. Go download Quake Live and feel what a real FPS is like, and save $60, as it is free!
  40. Dec 2, 2012
    The lack of dedicated servers and the lag compensation just ruins the game-play on this game. Very frequently you will die because of the huge lag compensation, rather from the skill of other players. The rest of the game is mere run and gun with no tactic or strategy to game-play, regardless of what mode is being played. It gets very boring, very fast, ad the lag compensation and it gets a very irritating game.
    It tries to bring some innovation but never truly manages to surprise, resulting in a boring and uninspired game.
    The graphics are very poor, but a good design saves it from being horrible.
  41. Nov 13, 2012
    Sub-par FPS. Campaign I'm playing on Veteran and it's easy mode, no challenge whatsoever. I fired up multiplayer today, all it is is a small map with guys running around in circles like it's a paintball game. Players are running and gunning using BAR .50 cal. rifles like it's a pistol.. yes boom one shot boom one shot without any realism whatsoever. If you like loud noises and have ADHD, this might be the game for you. Expand
  42. Nov 16, 2012
    i am all about singeplayer and i must say its not good
    maybe if the graphics was up to date then my score was around 7
    i think that "medal of honor warfighter" did a better job not only with the graphics but with gameplay to.
    "medal of honor warfighter" sticks you to the chair.
    i think bop2 didnt need a sequel.
    so if want agood FPS go with "medal of honor warfighter".
  43. Nov 15, 2012
    cant connect, freeze on campaign, long loading time. Xbox version is great but PC requires more time and many patches to be perfect. i am disappointed. but i m sure i ll get better in couple weeks then i ll update my review.
  44. Nov 16, 2012
    This is essentially a multi-player review, because that's all I've played. Don't usually spend too much time on the campaign. Better gameplay and cool in-game features compared to Blops original, but took away key PC features. They removed some core PC functionality such as community operated dedicated servers. This was what created such a strong community in Black Ops and which created such a great online experience. There are still dedicated servers, but they are operated by Treyarch. Now if there's a hacker that fell through the cracks of VAC (Valve's Anti-Cheat system), there are no admins to ban these hackers. The crappy matchmaking is back, a functionality that PC gamers see as an abomination to online gaming. I don't see why they removed these features. They had them down pat and the PC gamers were happy. Why ruin it? Treyarch has continually released better PC releases than Infinity Ward...is this a change of pace due to lack of sales and laziness?

Bottom line: if you liked Blops for the reason I did, there's no reason to get this game. Continue playing Black Ops, and enjoy the community it has to offer. If you just want to hop in to a match casually like a console player, then this game will work for you.
  45. Nov 18, 2012
    Cant get more then a 3 bar connection. Stop ignoring PC players.. So frustrating.!!!. Dedicated serversm y a$$, The game itself is decent but the pings are terrible. Better off spenidng your money at the pub
  46. Nov 18, 2012
    The weapons are unbalanced and feel like plastic toy guns. Some brick walls are like carton while some wood walls are impenetrable. moving mechanics remind me of unreal tournament or quake arena, and that, coupled with lag is a major turnoff. Even unreal tournament wall jumps never were so spectacular as some of the things the supposedly more realistic soldiers in Black Ops 2 pull off. Stay away. Do not buy. Keep playing Black Ops 1 or MW2. Expand
  47. Nov 18, 2012
    I give it a one because its a game. it would have given it another 7 points if it had Dedicated servers Server browser its really dumb that the pc version players have always hated MW23 for its lack of server browser but the Activision more then likely forced this garbage system on Treyarch as they would not be stupid enough to voluntarily add it themselves.
  48. Nov 20, 2012
    I've only played multiplayer,but a lot of things seem like a rerun of the first Black Ops. Most weapons feel like a reskin of the ones from BO1,with a few new additions,the graphics are a bit above average IMO,but the optimization is horrible,considering that Hitman Absolution runs a lot better on my rig and the graphics are beyond comparison. You could think that after so many Call Of Duty games,which are basically the same since Modern Warfare 2,they would get the balance right already. Nope,it's still fu**ed. On the bright side,the new create-a-class system is definitely worth mentioning because of it's flexibility and the possibilites it gives. I haven't explored this game too much since I don't own,I only played on my friends account for about 2 hours,but I've played every other CoD and this one is no different,which is it's biggest flaw unfortunately. However,I wouldn't agree with the MasterOfMetroid,this one is a lot better than Modern Warfare 3 and if you,by some miracle,haven't played CoD,especially since Modern Warfare 2,it's worth trying out,just for God's sake,don't buy it before you try it. I'm just going to give it a generous 3,because I would be less dissapointed with it then with MW3. Expand
  49. Nov 21, 2012
    the game is a piece of **** frafichs from 2009 ,is just the first cod black ops in the future. but now, you will have a more short campaign(yes, it is possible) , a horrible multiplayer, a horrible futurist immersion, a horrible art direction, a horrible graphics, a horrible ambiance, i will resume for you: a horrible that millions of childs will buy and millions of old fans will buy and get disappointed Expand
  50. Nov 24, 2012
    Stop saying that black ops 2 have nothing new. this game is really good, they added lot of new stuff. You can choose your loadout before the mission, new RTS gameplay missions, new stuff in multiplayer and the polished ''zombies''.... SP is not boring, i dit not find any lag or hackers on the multiplayer. Some players may say that the gameplay is the same because of the engine, but black ops 2 offers much more than other call of duties.... one of the best games of the franchise, its expensive, but its a must buy game. Expand
  51. Nov 25, 2012
    As an avid MW3 fan, I fell victim to the hype of BO II. What a HUGE let down this game turned out to be. It's clunky, sluggish and just nothing new over anything before it. There is so much cut-scene that you spend a lot of time watching the game as opposed to playing it. The story is weak and twist after twist makes the plot irrelevant. The controls are confusing (PC) and "sync every frame" is set on by default which will make some users experience screen and mouse lag. The save game logic needs fixing as it appears you never restart the game at the point you left off. The game comes with "auto aim" so no need to ADS unless you have a sniper rifle which is a huge failing.

There is little, if anything, good about BO II for COD MW3 players and the user community will not tolerate this much longer. I think Activision need to know that this release of BO II has hurt them tremendously. It's very hard for me NOT to believe they cashed in with a poor, under-performing and over-hyped product.

For MW3 owners, this is a step backwards. A Rating of 1 is VERY kind.
  52. Dec 7, 2012
    Worst Call of Duty game ever. Treyarch did it again. I don't know if Treyarch is trying to ruin Call of Duty, but they're doing quite good. Everything in this game is just terrible. They did well on World at War, but since then, they have just done awful, especially on this game. The guns are awful. The maps are boring. There are way too many camper spots. There are not enough challenges and the prestige rewards are boring. Treyarch, goodbye from me. Collapse
  53. Dec 25, 2012
    Ignore all the negativity you have been hearing about this game. Actually, believe some of it. Call Of Duty Black Ops II is potentially the most hyped up game of this year and also one of the most hated. But believe me, if your friends are still complaining that this CoD is too similar to the rest then they will never be pleased. This is the furthest you can go from typical CoD gameplay without turning into a different game. Black Ops II does have a dramatically improved campaign with far superior gameplay and story to all previous iterations. Black Ops II also makes use of cut scene's which look great but feel awfully disjointed from the story feeling like some scenes are missing. The ending stages of the campaign are amazing compared to the first few hours but it is super short. They clearly ran out of resources and crammed way to much in too short of a period. Overall the campaign is the best in the franchise but it still behind the likes of Halo and Gears of War. Multiplayer is great seeing some balancing tweaks and new features like the pick 10. Which works wonders. However some balancing tweaks are rendered useless due to there still being a huge number of overpowered and underpowered weapons and equipment. Maps also feel a little crowded, maybe just on PC and spawns are dreadful. The Multiplayer is good and maybe the best to some. But for me its just getting worse on the multiplayer side of things. Finally Zombies is great and works a treat featuring new modes like transit. Transit basically only adds travelling between multiple map area's but it feels fresh and is a lot of fun. Overall there isn't a whole lot to complain about in Black Ops II besides the fact it should be just a tad better. I give them props for doing so much in a relatively small cycle but it may have been more then they could chew. I give Black Ops II 7/10 Expand
  54. Feb 18, 2013
    they still make the same mistake over and over again why the heck don't they make a damn server not the old stupid peer to peer method which is a Fail ......
    it takes ages to find a damn room to play my rating is 1 until they fix the damn online problem
  55. Dec 31, 2012
    Blops 2 has some good things going for it, but they are completely offset by the horrific implementation of lag compensation. Because I have a fast connection and I live in the NYC metro area (which is probably close to many of Treyarch's dedicated servers) I had to play a lot with my router setup to make the game playable 50% of times; this was a big improvement from before as I was shooting rubber bullets almost 100% of times. And I'm not talking about port forwarding stuff- I actually had to limit my upload speed so that the Treyarch's servers would think that I have a crappy connection. But nobody should be jumping through hoops to make a $60 game to play as advertised. I almost miss MW3... Expand
  56. Dec 18, 2012
    I can only look down and shake my head in pity to see what the CoD series have become. But I can also point and laugh at all the moronic fans trying to plunge their head into the sand with denial going "Lalalalala". That is, however, mainly peer-pressure in which I also shake my head in pity.
  57. Nov 23, 2012
    I give Treyarch credit for trying to push it in a new direction slightly with the single player and the multi player tweaks but the game is nothing special. The single player story is interesting. The multi player is ok but more of the same and some of the weapons feel really imbalanced. If you need something to pass time and have a bunch of friends to play with grab this game up otherwise.... Pass. Expand
  58. Feb 21, 2013
    I don't understand how these game sells so well. COD4 was the best and last great game in the series. BLOPS II is lackluster and the devs have no creativity as it shows in the maps. The graphics are dated and the console match making is lame. The only good thing about this game is that I didn't pay full price for it. BTW the latest MOH is better than this game. I will play it as a filler game and to play some Zombies. Expand
  59. Nov 19, 2012
    I can guarantee that this review I'm writing is gonna have something like this: "Helpful? 12 out of 286 users said yes" just because the people who hate this game are gonna think "No, this guy is WRONG. The game sucked! End of story! Therefore this review is unhelpful!" I thought the game was unspeakably fantastic, but the flow of the story campaign felt very rushed and forced in some areas. The "future" weapons and devices are well done, as well as some of the gameplay elements that never appeared in any previous Call of Duty game. The multiplayer has some added spice to it, as does the well known Zombies mode. If you're an avid Call of Duty fan and/or enjoyed the first Black Ops, you'd be the making the worst mistake to let this game pass by. Expand
  60. Nov 26, 2012
    This game surpassed all of the action and excitement in Black Ops I. The story line isn't unique, but it still holds your interest. The game play is great, with a large variety of weapons and platforms. My only critique is that there were too many lengthy cut scenes and flash backs and not enough sustained action, especially during the first half of the main story. Overall, this is one of the few games that, in my view, is worth the opening day price. Expand
  61. May 10, 2013
    Black Ops II is NOT a bad game. Let me just establish that from the start. Contrary to popular belief, BO2 brings many new innovations which the franchise has been lacking since Modern Warfare 2. The campaign is very different in its story. Zombies has been expanded beyond anyone's imagination. And multiplayer has received a complete overhaul. With a great selection of game modes, weapons, perks, equipment, scorestreaks, customisation options etc. as well as League Play where everything is unlocked, it's hard to fault it. However, I can give many reasons why this doesn't make the game exciting at all. Sure, create-a-class offers total freedom without pre-set restrictions, but in reality your playstyle is not respected within the game itself. While the weapons are generally balanced, the sheer pace of the game means shotguns and SMGs have the upper hand in most situations. Whilst the choice of weapons and class options are there, barely any of it is actually useful. With all the new stuff I feel that the game is too cluttered. There is a lot of rubbish around, yet the game doesn't feel fresh or exciting even though it's almost completely different. The controls feel somewhat odd relative to the pacing and map design, so it's not like previous Call of Duty games where all class setups would be appropriate for all maps. The multiplayer is fun for about an hour, after that it's plain boring, not satisfying at all. Campaign is commendable for trying to bring new ideas but ultimately fails to deliver compared to Modern Warfare 3's campaign. BO2's campaign is not only unnecessarily complicated and difficult to follow, but the gameplay in it is very boring and not intense even on Veteran difficulty. Zombies has gone completely mental. No longer is it a simple horde mode in confined areas; rather it's more about finding easter eggs and following lengthy guides just to figure out where you can buy a perk or upgrade your weapon. Overall, Black Ops II seems self-defeating in a way. It aims to create a competitive multiplayer yet provides anti-competitive tools rather than focusing on pure skill, regardless of choice of class. Yet with zombies, it's clearly aimed at little kids who enjoy bragging about finding new stuff in a game. I must say, I'm disappointed that even a CoD game which brings so much new stuff fails to be more exciting than Modern Warfare 3. Expand
  62. Dec 4, 2012
    While no game deserves a 0 as a score this game definitely does not deserve a 10. Single player basically comes down to more of the same old formula Activision has forced these development companies to work with. The AI is laughable at best, but every one knows the Call of Duty franchise has never had the best coding for AI. The story line in general is 5 hours long and is really bland, unimaginative, and well, more of the same. They try to deviate from becoming a linear corridor shooter by supposedly providing player with options but they don't truly affects the game. The ending on the other hand might. Which is suppose to add re playability to the first person campaign, but there's really no reason to play over the same campaign for just a different ending. Multiplayer, this is the are where this game should shine but it seems the MP portion of this game feels a lot similar to that of MW3 and of course Black Ops. Small scaled maps with tons of areas to camp. Basically comes down to which ever team can camp the middle ground the best wins the game. The rest is just protecting the same corner through out the game with occasionally moving 3-6 feet away from your old camp spot to corner camp in a different spot. There are no need to watch your back as certain equipment and streaks do that for your. The game is slow paced and also suffers from the same old bad hit detection. While it does some what fix old issues like knifing people from miles away, it does at times glitch and can cause your character to launch at another player. Kill streaks seem re-hashed but with an added "futuristic" approach. There's always lag and horrible host selection, the spawn points are mediocre at best, but what can one expect from such small maps that are crammed with buildings to make them seem "big." The leveling system online has been set to keep players from playing. While it gives players who have been playing the game longest the upper hand with over powered weaponry and the best perks. The new set up is suppose to force players into playing the objective, that is not the case. The way the maps are set up actually encourage players to whore kill streaks and never actually go for any objective. Word of advice, try to level as fast as you can to get ghost perk, it's a uav whore type of game. Zombies: This is where this game shines. It's somewhat new but refreshing at the same time reminds me a bit of Left for Dead. Which is great fun to be honest. If this game was just a zombie installment I would definitely recommend this game. Other wise, save yourself some money and just rent this game or save up for MW5 or BLOPS 4; Skip a generation or two just like any one in their right mind would with Fifa games. Expand
  63. Nov 15, 2012
    I haven't been a fan of COD in a long time the constant rehashing of the same with i tidy up and selling it back to their customers gets old fast. This time round nothing much has changed sure its the best looking cod and sure its had a face lift but its still more of the same. That said though isn't that what COD buyers expect these days and you know what its actually fun I am and have been enjoying it what possessed me to buy another cod game I will never know but I've played a good 10 hours now and I will play it again where as modern warfare 3 I stopped playing within about 3 hours. So far this game is a lot of fun and I don't regret buying it, would I recommend it to a friend my answer would be only if you like cod otherwise wait till the free weekends to give it a try before you buy. Expand
  64. Feb 24, 2013
    I´m pretty avid fan of Call of duty series dating back to their early releases. So i bought this game when it was released. Quick look into settings. Graphics are ok, bit stupid i get same game engine with little work done, gameplay is the same (Good thing) and all hands goes to multiplayer.

Singleplayer review: Solid Call of Duty style, good plot twists, interesting characters and ton
    of action. (The start of campaing was very stupid so it took me 3 months to even start playing it)...Overall very good Cod campaing.

Multiplayer: Same as BO1 and Mw series. I still rank MW2 as best multiplayer Cod to this date, in BO2 there are a lot of game modes...1-2 are good, rest are junk. There is no "OMG WAR" feeling to the game, unless you spawn into game where opponent has all 6 players aiming towards you´r spawn and all the time sky is breaking with missiles...Spoils all fun, but it´s war. I´d hoped they would make larger maps, larger teams and much more action. Sadly in standard 6v6 it takes too long to find an enemy. Overall this game suck´s when you compare it to releases done by same publisher. Atleast update the gameplay, graphics and atmosphere. Counter-Strike type games rock, because they are cheap, they got good perks and solid fanbase. Call of Duty delivers normal size maps, small teams and no action whatsoever. Perhaps it´s time for me too look over fence and take a better look at Battlefield series, since Call of Duty has been downfall for very long time.
  65. Nov 25, 2012
    The main issue with "blops2" is the game wants you to play it in a particular way. If you try and do your own thing, explore, look around or go somewhere the game doesn't want you to go, then you are simply killed off or greeted with a 'mission over' screen and forced to start from checkpoint.

There was an awful lot of Ai glitches too within the campaign play through - portaling about,
    getting stuck in corners etc etc.

The story chops and changes left right and centre and generally speaking I had no idea whatsoever what was going on apart from point and shoot.

The little RTS style missions where good though, made a nice change
  66. Mar 6, 2013
    I don't play COD for the campaign, so I cannot rate that. Multiplayer is OK, but not as good as the first Black Ops. The maps aren't as unique, although pretty decent. No dedicated servers and not as much focus on Hardcore with different game types, which is the mode I like to play most. I feel BO2 has reduced features compared to the first Black Ops.
  67. Nov 20, 2012
    This game doesn't deserve a 3, at the time of writing I have had no problems with this game and this is about a week after launch. They have done well do address a lot of the issues that had plagued this game and now it is most defiantly playable and enjoyable.

The game does expand on all fronts. Single Player campaign adds some decision making and also squad commanding which does help
    to refresh all the constant run-and-gun, explosions and general high-paced action (which this game still has plenty of, of course).

Multiplayer adds League play and revamped custom classes and still enjoyable. Zombies adds many additional features like bigger maps and so on.

All in all, it's still a Call of Duty game, if you hate the series with a dire passion, this isn't going to change your mind. But the game is trying to be creative and evolve without losing what people actually like about the Call of Duty franchise and it has achieved something by doing so.
  68. Jan 3, 2013
    They should start naming Call of Duty games after the year they are made. For example, Call of Duty 2012 would be a more appropriate name, rather than Black Ops II, as Call of Duty 2012 denotes the yearly "updates" the call of duty franchise receives. As far as Call of Duty Black Ops II is concerned, everything has devolved. The graphics are like those found in internet flash games, the story is nowhere to be found. In the single player, you will be thrown straight into an action shooting gallery, with so many things happening in seconds, you will not be able to follow or to figure out what the hell is going on. People burn, but you can't figure out why some dude is getting burned in a furnace. They don't even tell you anything about the setting or what war your fighting or anything about anything. As far as I can tell, the single player is just there as filler, to justify the $60 price tag. The multilayer is the same, nothing is ever going to change it . If you've played Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, you've played them all. Now, I will take advantage of this page to recommend to you other games: Blacklight Retribution, Tribes Ascend or the upcoming game Warface by Crytek. All of these are free to play games available on Steam, or are going to be available in the future (Warface) that are better than Call of Duty and cost $0 dollars. It's time to start looking for alternatives, and fight the evil monopoly called Activision, pushing the name Call of Duty down our throats. If we keep paying them, they are going to be making quick cash out of the public: what's next, a cardboard box with the name "Call of Duty" slapped on it, but filled with rocks?!! Expand
  69. Feb 17, 2013
    One of the disappointments of 2012! Poor wherever you look: graphics, sound, gameplay, story. Very little or nothing to rescue.
    The greatest damage is in the graphics. Disastrous!
    A shame, it could have been a good game.
  70. Nov 18, 2012
    This game is terrible. Probably the most boring Call of Duty campaign yet. There's these side missions that seem to be worse than the actual levels too. Haven't even bothered with multiplayer, went in and it lagged like Black Ops 1 so I quit. Zombies was semi ok. Not really good enough still. Graphics are so bad. Terrible game.
  71. Nov 23, 2012
    great game for those who like to be nickeled and dimed to death, to play with lots of hackers/cheaters and supporting the $60+ price tag for rehashed products.
  72. Mar 6, 2013
    Little to nothing redeeming about this game. It's the same rehashed crap that Activision keeps pushing onto weak gamers who think they need the latest CoD release. Quit funding these yearly releases and you might actually get a game worth spending $60 on.
  73. Dec 5, 2012
    This game should be a 10$ DLC instead of a full fledged 60$ game. I think if someone puts a screenshot of MW1 and Black Ops II next to each other, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. The one drastic difference would be the Strike Force missions, but the clunky controls and stupid AI means that I always end up soloing the entire thing. Kudos to Treyarch on promoting the wonderful values of RECYCLING. Expand
  74. Nov 14, 2012
    The single player falls short in story telling, voice acting, pace and challenge, not really worth the 4 hours spent to finish the campaign. The multiplayer is a significant improvement over Black Ops, without the lagging or stuttering avatars. Knife lunge no longer travels half a mile. The new toys (perks, attachments), and the 10-part equip system they've implemented are moderately amusing, and for their first time use will probably keep you entertained. But is mostly a rehash of mw2/3 and blops maps, but smaller. Many of the maps are close combat fighting, with scattered perches for range. Sadly, the age of dedi servers is over, as an Australian, I still end up getting many games internationally, when it isn't our peak playing time.
    Zombies is where Black Ops 2 really shines. If you're playing with mates, its just FUN. This is the reason you buy the game.
  75. Nov 20, 2012
    Okay. It's another COD game. What do people expect? You can only put so much innovation in a first person shooter. All in all, I like this game on the 360, but it sucks on PC. Essentially, it is another console game released for the PC that is broken. In short, it is another Dark Souls. I will never purchase another PC game on the day of release ever again.
  76. Nov 21, 2012
    First of all i have to say, that game itself is good. Nice campaign, nice zombies. But Trearch just cheated me - they said that Nuketown 2025(the best map in CoD for me) will be avallible 24/7. Now they wrote that they will launch this map only on special ocassions. So I think that mark 3/10 is fair.
  77. Nov 21, 2012
    Just another call of duty of the assembly line. They spent some time making new maps and then called it black ops 2, anyone who buys this game should really reconsider, just think you are paying $59.99 for download content. I for one will never pay $59.99 for download content.
  78. Feb 1, 2013
    Oh god make it stop. My problem with the game is not so much as there isn't anything new (although there isnt), but how lazily, sloppily, and crappily this crap box was put together. Rather than innovating a 'renowned' franchise and creating a thrilling sequel, they managed to do a minor UI change, switch around the guns, add a few maps that were mostly ripped off of the campaign, and slap together a rushed storyline to sell the multiplayer. And the multiplayer sucked anyway. You run around and spray bullets at random people that pop up while sprinting through pre-memorized paths. Trust me, I've played the Call of Duty series before, and while I did love Modern Warfare 1 and World at War, I simply cannot, in good faith, give this a good review. Time for a change, Activision. Expand
  79. Dec 7, 2012
    This and all other War Games are bad.
    It's a product of capitalist patriot Americans.
    I don't like America and it's kind of style.
    Europe is infested of America.
  80. Dec 14, 2012
    very bad game with the graphics of the 1988 year when gorbachev make perestroika. Only fools buy this game. Compare with battlefield 3 possible say that this game a peace of **** Red price of this game 10 cent in market day. Gameplay very poor and boring.
  81. Jan 18, 2013
    horrible this game. lagcompesation monster, ridiculously poorly designed maps, made for noobs
    Very bad game, it was fan of the beautiful Treyarch COD WAW ​​work, but she disappointed me this garbage
  82. Mar 22, 2013
    Treyarch know how to make games, unfortunately Activision don't give them enough time to make what they are capable of. Every CoD that Treyarch makes you see a spark of potential, which usually makes you wish they just quit and made something original. Although here we go again. Another year. Another CoD. I respect CoD to a certain extent. Call of Duty 4 changed the way FPS multiplayer games have been made to this day. The introduction of killstreaks, perks, custom classes. And ever since developers have been building off the same concept. Although I think we can all say. We need something new. Does Black Ops 2 give it to us? No, but it is another easy to pick up shooter that has the same feel and issues as the previous games. I enjoyed Black Ops 1, overlooking the glaring balance issues which is almost impossible to avoid, the multiplayer was fun. I liked the era and the fact that you could buy equipment with a currency. You could tell that Treyarch were trying to mix it up a bit, as Modern warfare 2's selling point was, "Hey we made some stuff in our last game that you liked.. here is loads more of it." So Black Ops 2.. well what can I say, it's CoD, semi futuristic weaponry and bland maps to use them on. The point streaks are a better way to do them, as the previous games consisted of an absolute cluster**** of stuff in the air. Thankfully this system actually does work, and you're able to run around freely with only having to deal with killstreaks that the skillfull players have acquired. The campaign is again linear and boring. With games like Tomb Raider and Dishonored that have so much variety and originality, it's hard to say that Blops2's campaign is anything but bad. Although can the game be saved from a 5 with a zombies mode. Sure. Just a little though. The zombies has been updates a lot since WaW, and it's pretty fun to play with a group of friends. This game is better played on the PC though, this is actually the first CoD game that has pretty decent textures. I think they may have gone all out with their engine and actually gotten something out of it for once. Modern warfare 3's graphics were abysmal, so It's nice to see they have made an effort with this one. But again you will only see the improvement if you are on the PC.

83. Dec 20, 2012
    Waste of time , its 2012 and this game fails on almost all fronts, Graphics are so ugly even if you put everything maxed out // MWF3 is 10 times better
    Lots of lag issues + the things you do in game are not the same as in the kill-cam the game is almost 1-2 seconds off sync compaired to other players
    Graphics = 2
    Gameplay = 2 Sound = 1
    I voted this game 0 Points becuase its very bad !!!!
  84. Dec 20, 2012
    We only buy Call of Duty for it's multiplayer, if you don't, you're insane. The Call of Duty name will be around for a long time and has really set the standard for FPS titles, but Black Ops 2 lacks, badly.. I found myself spending the first week hooked, being around low level players and enjoying the game. Now, I won't even load it and the icon is collecting dust on my desktop. This game is unbalanced, aggravating and extremely dull in terms of content. The maps feel cheap and there's a lot of mechanical flaws in terms of hit box detection on occasion. Overall, the population on PC has dipped, and at nights in North America it can be almost impossible to find matches for certain game modes. Black Ops 2 was just a measly disappointment. Expand
  85. Jul 2, 2013
    Seriously... the game never changes, they need to do something different with the game. The battlefield series changes sooo much each time keeping the game fresh, why can't call of duty do this, its not only Treyarch doing it but also Infinity Ward. I would have rather paid £50 for Minecraft than £10 on this game. Overall the campaign was better than the multiplayer because at least the story line changes a bit however the online never changes and at least there is Zombies which may account for a bit of the game but overall the game is terrible. Expand
  86. Dec 30, 2012
    Boring as hell, multiplayer is dull too. Why o why dont you go back to Cod2 style multiplayer servers instead of restricting players to your **** lobby setup. Idiots at blizzard cant stop **** up games. Living off reputation of games made 3 years ago and producing utter ****e. Bring back the original development team of cod because whoever is running the show now is useless.........
  87. Dec 31, 2012
    Just another overpriced Call of Duty DLC. Ancient engine, lame graphics, same guns, same generic story and game play from the last 4 games, one new thing though - lag compensation. For your money spent, you now get to unload full clips into the back of your enemy's head only to have them slowly turn, and one shot you - Activision's response, working as intended. The game deserves maybe a 3 for the zombie portion, but deserves a negative 10 for multiplayer game play, so I give it a zero. Expand
  88. Jan 1, 2013
    Just an involution.. Very complicated history.. Fatal attempt as strategy .. Extremely lineal game..and very expensive .. I have been more time watching movies of history than playing; I bored a lot.
  89. Jan 12, 2013
    Worst game of the series. Complete nonsense and crap. After mw2 release only produce **** I wonder what will be in the next part :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
  90. May 21, 2013
    This is the worst era for FPS Gamers, the stupid companies making 1 game per year without innovating, terrible times for shooters.

Plase, stop buying this bullsh·it
  91. May 28, 2013
    I'm a pretty big fan of call of duty, and when i got this game a few days ago i became really hooked, the multiplayer revives some old maps and adds some new ones also, the guns are cooler and feel smoother to use than in, say, world at war, and the multiplayer requires some decent skill... well... it WOULD require skill if it was not full to the brim with campers!! Almost every lobby i've played is more full of campers than a scout's meeting and the maps seem to support this with they're many, many, many, many hiding places. Next, we have the campaign, the campaign is atrocious! On the second mission i noticed this as, due to crappy respawn rates for the enemies, it was unplayable! I could not even finish the level! As for the zombie mode, all i can say is one word. Filler. However, the multiplayer alone wins this game a 6. People who want to have a solid campaign and Co-Op should look elsewhere though! Expand
  92. Jun 29, 2013
    Exactly the same as all other Call of Duties in history. The only differences are the maps, campaign and they have put in scorestreaks. But, it doesn't take away the fact that the multiplayer in this game is actually quite good if a bit laggy at times. I like how they have put in scorestreaks so you get good stuff for actually playing the objective instead of just killing people even though that isn't the aim of that game type. Aside from the quite good multiplayer this game is terrible, the campaign lacks a good storyline and Black Ops 2 struggles to bring anything new to the table. 5/10 Expand
  93. May 19, 2013
    remember cod4? yeah it was awesome, right? something you want to remember, right?
    this is something you want to walk away from, the most unbalanced weapons, scorestreaks, (c4, jumping around/bunnyhopping, dropshots) and WORST LAGSERVERS, all just for the price of 110$, go ahead, buy it
  94. May 20, 2013
    Black Ops II, another overrated CoD. Waste of time and money.
  95. May 30, 2013
    Single player is unique to the COD games with the inclusion of an actually good story with critical player choices and engaging gunplay.
    Multiplayer provides a similar feel to previous games but with the inclusion of the pick 10 class system which is awesome for those who are creative.
    Zombies is the best its ever been, Tranzit is amazing, having a bus as a progressive and adventurous
    objective is some what extremely addictive and entertaining with a group of up to 3 people working together. It also offers a part collecting objective that rewards players with useful tools such as a Zombie Shield looks like a riot shield) or an AI controlled turret to assist you with surviving the ongoing waves of the undead.
    Black Ops 2 offers a unique and engaging experience for all three well developed aspects of the game. I commend Treyarch for trying something new.
  96. Jun 8, 2013
    Save your money don't buy this game pfff really disappointed I think the game's creators are laughing at us. I think they should create a map pack rather than releasing a second episode!
  97. Jun 19, 2013
    Let's be honest: Call of Duty is highly overrated yet highly underrated. Black Ops II seems to try to wipe away the series's flaws. It adds RPG elements to the campaign in the form of split decision making (go left or right for example). HOWEVER, Call of Duty: Black Ops II is just a reskin. Sure, it adds tokens to buy weapons, perks, wildcards (a new feature which allow you to have extra abilities), and attachments. Despite this, everything seems......bland and familiar. I've had great fun with friends and family members playing this game, but, like every game after CoD: MW2, just pulls the wool over our eyes. CoD 4's success and Black Ops's relative success were the only things driving this game. We all should know. In fact, we ALL know. We are just in denial. Expand
  98. Jul 21, 2013
    Not the best call of duty in franchise. Lets be honest. I dont like call of duty I realy don't. But that game is not 0 out of 10. The game is actualy not bad. Its actualy worth to play if you haven't buy any call of duty yet. If you don't own any call of duty after from call of duty 4 modern warfare youc an actualy buy this gam You might like it. How ever People are coming to hate on the game. This isn't a comment section this is revieve. No such things new. A cloack perk added to campaing (single player) Multiplayer is prety fun tought. Is it the best call of duty game? Absaloutly not. But still a game to play when you are actualy bored. Expand
  99. Jul 4, 2013
    I have to wonder why the directors of Black Ops 2 would make the campaign so unbearable that no one would ever want to attempt to play it again. The agony of sitting through boring and annoying story lines and constantly being stopped in action where you cannot control your character is beyond devastating. I hope no one actually wants to collect all the INTEL and obtain achievements because they won't let you go back and choose to replay the scene again. Even if you do, the pain of waiting on the stupid story to stop and start and stop and start again will most certainly remove any desire you had of wanting to play it in the first place. With that said, the potential is there to enjoy yourself as the campaign would be great otherwise. Too bad the people at Treyarch are not very smart and decided to be a-holes to the gaming community by wasting their time. I promise to never buy Treyarch products again in my lifetime if they do not add a patch to remove these story lines and just let up play the campaign as quickly as possible. I have combined about 400 hours on COD4 and MW2 single player campaigns because they are easy to enter and exit. I am at 9 hours with BO2 and only had 4 hours with BO. It is so difficult to enjoy something when idiots incorporate all the BS. Expand
  100. Aug 12, 2013
    This is a very polished and smoothly running game. However, there is no point in playing it. Due to its netcode, skill or lag don't matter it's all about luck (e.g. see OvenBakedMuffin's YouTube video named BlackOps2 Misconceptions). In addition, the gameplay mechanics are quite broken. For best results, you should run around with a pistol. Do not attempt to play this game tactically. Don't worry if you completely suck at shooters this game is designed so that you will get kills anyway. Expand
  101. Dec 7, 2012

1. Dec 30, 2012
    The Corn Flakes of multiplayer first-person shooters. We've been sick of eating it for some time, now. [Jan 2013, p.80, 81]
    Black Ops II brings evolution to the series unfortunately, the evolution that is incomplete. Only one part of the game deserves a top ranking – multiplayer. [Christmas 2012]
  3. Dec 12, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops II is saved by its multiplayer, as the campaign has surprisingly too many bad sections. Maybe now it's time to move on? [Dec 2012]