3.8

1. Jun 16, 2014
    All though this game was fun for a little, it went dull when I reached the highest level. Every month they come out with new stuff, which is very cool but you have to buy a "skin" for 5.00. Although call of duty is known for that it is just way to much. Aside all the money grabbing, this game had a good story and I enjoyed it.
  2. Jun 3, 2014
    Call of Duty series always made me feel like it was more of a modern warfare combat instead of all the Alien/Advance weapon crap other games throw in for you. However, Call of Duty: Black Ops II was so disappointing that I wanted to get a refund for it. Don't ever waste your money on this game unless its a buy one get one free or something. The story of the game is what deserves a 1, everything else. -10 Expand
  3. May 31, 2014
    I was very disappointed when I bought this game. The maps were quite bad and the game has simply gotten too noob friendly.
    I used to be a big fan of the call of duty game, but this is the last CoD game I will ever buy. The people behind the call of duty series don't seem to care much about the people who buy the game.
  4. Apr 25, 2014
    SP is not enjoyable because you have to choose between AI that wont hit you even if you slowly walk up to them, or AI that will AimBot you the second you peek around a corner.
    The MP can't be enjoyed because it is based on chance, not skill. A game which makes noobtubes and running around knifing everyone even possible is a game that will be exploited by **** Normal players who want to
    play with skills and real strategy have no place here because the **** outnumber them twenty to one. Expand
  5. Apr 6, 2014
    This game is the same like every CoD Bo1 nothing new! Graphics and level design are terrible...
    The Singleplayer is extreme boring the Multiplayer (Gameplay) is bad and only kiddis play this game!
    2 Points because the Zombie Mode is cool but to easy
  6. Mar 16, 2014
    Second CoD i played after CoD 2 and i must say the last. CoD 2 was a very good FPS , but i always preferred scifi shooters. This game got really bad single player and mediocre multiplayer. It has lots of multiplayer mods and gun play is ok, but everything els is garbage. The maps are really bad and weapons are trash. I hoped for some more interesting weapons but you wont find any. The only funny kill streak is that small robot. This game is bad. Expand
  7. Mar 15, 2014
    Terribly boring, and definitely not worth the price.
    The game is basically this: Very long cutscene -> short action -> Very, very long cutscene -> short action -> Incredibly long cutscene -> short action -> Endless cutscene during which you forget you're playing a game -> short action... (ad nauseam).
    Everything seems more and more dumbed down and repetitive, as is the tendency for games
    nowadays, and I see nothing new when compared to older titles. A waste of my money. Expand
  8. Jan 23, 2014
    The reason I have scored Black Ops II by Activision a low score is because after playing the game and getting to 2nd prestige I decided to upgrade my PC and then reinstall Black Ops II. Before reinstalling I checked to make sure that the game was saved, and according to Activision the game is saved online. But after reinstalling my game I found that my rank had been reset to 0. I contacted customer support but would they not do anything about it. So basically I have been shafted by Activision. A well deserved 0 score from yet another player who had his stats reset for no reason. I am now certain that I am not the only one, and there are plenty of other reports of this happening. Also now I know that these reports are true. It's possible it happens to everyone who plays this game. Expand
  9. Jan 12, 2014
    The multiplayer is trash unbalenced, awful hit detection,lag, boring campaign , **** zombies, and all the dlcs were a copy from BO1 and the fact its the **** SAME GAME FROM COD 4!!!!!!!!
  10. Jan 5, 2014
    Black ops II, um no thanks. Not a fan of Treyarch developers period. If you want a real good CoD game stick with Infinity Ward developers..the original developers since the very first CoD. Black Ops games use a modified version of the IW engine, and personally they really screwed the pooch altering it. The last good CoD games are the original Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2. Treyarch just doesn't do a good job in balancing mechanics, maps, physics, etc. It feels odd and blah compared to Infinity Ward's design, it feels cheap. My recommendations for a CoD game for multiplayer..MW1,MW2,MW3. Stay away from black ops, that's coming from a person that has played them all completely through online. Expand
  11. Jan 4, 2014
    This game is horrible. Black Ops 2 is almost like an overpriced DLC for MW3 or BLOPS 1.
    Treyarch still decided to go with the same ugly engine from Call of Duty 4, the single player campaign is very repetitive with a boring story and the multiplayer doesn't have any dedicated servers and isn't any better. The textures look awful and the game is a really bad console port. The Call of Duty
    series have since a long time died and this is probably the last time I'll buy a game from the franchise. Expand
  12. Dec 27, 2013
    With a horrendous campaign, not many changes from the previous entries in the series, a few removed game types/modes and bad graphics (for a AAA title), the only reason to purchase this game would be for the multiplayer and/or zombies mode. While it's fun and addictive, the multiplayer is almost exactly the same as previous titles in the franchise. There's different maps, weapons, killstreaks and titles, but still the game is very similar to other Call of Duty games. I also thought the emblem creator was awful. I liked the pre-made emblems much more, and to me it felt like the developers wanted to put less effort into the callsigns. Zombies mode was fun, but I barely played it, so I don't have much to say about it.

The game is FUN, but nothing else. Oh, and if you're playing online, you might want to mute some of the players, as there are many underage players.
  13. Nov 30, 2013
    Im very dissapointed. The terrible coding in "Zombies" make it unpossible to enjoy. The multiplayer doesnt feel verry fluent and The matchmaking is just the WORST. I have a PC that runs Crysis 3 on Ultra, but the Graphics (Textures) are realy ugly. I would defenetly NOT recommend this game. Its a waste of money.
  14. Nov 23, 2013
    Another recycled Call of Duty game, it was ok for 2 days, then it got boring and repetitive. I see you first, you die. If you want a real fps, you should try something else.
  15. Nov 23, 2013
    I've played CoD W@W,MW2,BO,MW3,BO2... and this is pretty much the same run-n-gun arcade shooter throughout their franchise. Now I mainly play for multiplayer, and can say it's the same old stuff, nothing wrong with that.
    There is a broken point perk system, as used in Treyarch's BO2, so if you're not a fan of that, then that might be a negative for you. Though, the same old 1 host
    advantage lobbies are being used once again, which can and will lead to laggy games, due to being forced to play against people probably not even close to your area.
    Graphics look nice, only if you max out all the settings. There's no in-game option to change field of view, there are mods available but there is uncertainty at the moment whether they are allowed without punishment/ban. All you get for audio options is a level bar to increase or decrease volume. Unlike BO1 & BO2 where you have different audio presets, and can even lower down the volume of annoying voice overs and music.
    As I said, this is the same gameplay as the previous games, whether they were IW or Treyarch, and I still have fun with that. So why such a low score? Well, I suppose this might not be IW fault completely, but there is weak PC community for this game. On average, there are 8K players online, other times under 4K, on good days 18K, and 30K on a rare sunny day. I honestly don't know if those are average numbers for a call of duty game on PC, being that it is my first one on PC. Without dedicated servers, and the previous 6GB RAM requirement (now patched to 4GB), people probably decided to pass on this or just decided to move on to consoles (which average +400K players online), sadly. Cannot recommend, if ever, I would suggest wait till steam itself has a free to play weekend, maybe by then you could see it's same old same old, but without anybody to play with, at least in PC case.
  16. Nov 13, 2013
    Still selling for $60 on Steam, that is a complete disappointment, it's a decent game, at a horrendous price. Don't buy it unless it's on a big sale. I would pay $30 or less for this game. (BO2 also has pretty bad graphics for a game made recently.)
  17. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of duty did it again:
    Releasing the same game which naive people will buy again.
    It is a very disappointing game if you played the series for a long time.
    It has almost no innovation at all. The highly praised by the marketing team next gen engine is just a bit prettier than MW3. Single player is decent, but only if you don't get tired of linear map design.
  18. Nov 5, 2013
    Garbage. Not much left to say. Sick requirements, blocked FOV, broken preload, maps, graphics like in 2008 game, no changes in gameplay and no revolution in any way.
  19. Nov 4, 2013
    The game is horrible, its the same as it's previous games. Gameplay's the same, Game engine's the same, it aint DX11... its still DX9.0c.. no physics, nothing. The only good thing is that it runs on Intel HD cards. The future war of the game feels like a mix of Crysis and BF2142. The sound of the game is pants, bullets are more quiet than the soundtracks, and if you ask me, the soundtracks are really cheap! atleast the zombie mod is better than the previous. This game is just a marketing trick of Acitivision, same thing as EA or Apple is doing... marketing crap for high prices. It was nothing but a waste of my time! COD series is dead... Expand
  20. Oct 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Call of Duty: Black Ops II is the obvious sequel to Call of Duty: Black Ops. The game is split into three modes;
    Campaign
    Multi-player
    and Zombies

The campaign gives you the role of playing as a person. I can't remember the protagonists name, because it's so bland. The story is pretty much the same as Modern Warfare 3, but somewhere down the line Treyarch went "we need dem feels in the game, guys" and added an extra story mechanic of the protagonists father was shot by his friend. And the actual story we were told about in E3 starts at the second to last level, which ruins the whole game. The Multi-Player is the same, with normal players stuck between TryHard's and Pro Snipers. And they have nearly ruined the only thing keeping the series alive, Zombies. This time the characters are forgettable, unlike their original counterparts who I still love as a zombie player. The gamemode only still lives thanks to its final DLC, Apocalypse, that brought back Dempsy, Roctoffen, Nickolai and Takeo, and adding a brilliant twist to the storyline. Overall the game is a forgettable mess, that I'm giving a three to so Medal of Honor: Warfighter still has a lower score.
  21. Oct 28, 2013
    Worst game I every played... The single player is good but the multiplayer... In multiplayer with a sniper you can jump and do a 360 and shoot headshot.
  22. Oct 22, 2013
    OMG BEST GAME EVVVER, LOVE THE PART WHEN YOU KILL PEOPLE, 360 NO SCOPE!!!!!! SO MUCH FUNN. Love all the 8 year olds on online btw. Me Luve tihs GAAAMMMMME IT SO FUUUN, BEST. ME SOOOO GOOD AT IT
  23. Oct 21, 2013
    Disgusting animations, horrible sound effects, terrible graphics, short campaign, outright boring multiplayer, guns feel like airsoft guns, community mostly consist of retarded 8 year olds, zombie mode if you want zombies play L4D2, it's way better), this game is 60€ and the game hasn't changed at all so you might as well buy CoD 4 which is basically the same game.
  24. Oct 16, 2013
    Singleplayer: Story is unintrestng and predictable, gameplay is the same as last year and too short.
    Multiplayer: the devs pretty much put everything in multiplayer so unless you have steady internet connection you're gonna have a bad time, after 2 years the game will be filled with cheaters,campers etc.
    gameplay once again same as last year, filled with kids from 6 to 14 yelling

zombies: boring and repetetive maps are not nearly as good as last year although satisfying to mow down a of zombies coming after you'd get the same enjoyment out of blending lemons to throw in your eyes after seeing this game play out
  25. Oct 3, 2013
    Oh im just been informed this isn't just Black Ops with a texture pack. Surprising. The story is all over the place, there is no characterization, and everything is predictable. Level design is horrible and has you running through halls. There are some changes in multiplayer which make it even less balanced. there is one change that is good, but it isn't worth 60 dollars.
  26. Sep 26, 2013
    Exactly like every other CoD in game play, just like the last one. Bad storyline, but that's no surprise. Move on to Zombies. Just like W.A.W. or Bl.Ops 1. Multi-player, rinse and repeated like the rest of the CoD games.
  27. Sep 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SP
    The singleplayer to be honest is pretty average. I liked how the game was non-linear and there were different endings. Although non-linear is kind of generous. It was basically kill or don't kill, but i feed a sense of satisfaction after getting the best possible ending.
    MP
    The multiplayer? Well the maps are good AND bad. The maps are good, as in good variety of colour and detail, but there are CRAPTONNES of camping spots. I don't know what's wrong with the COD community these days but they need to grow some balls and stop camping. The spawning is also I can't tell you how many times i got killed by someone spawning 5 metres behind me. Treyarch really need to pick up their The hit detection is also bull****, either that or that all my guns are equipped with paper bullets, because i pump a whole clip into an enemy and they don't die, whereas they shoot one burst into me and I die. Most annoying feature in the game. I don't even think they have a system that checks whether you spawn next to an enemy, you just spawn somewhere near an ally and that's that. The weapon sounds are also terrible. When I shoot a gun I want it to sound like I'm shooting a gun, not whatever sounds the "futuristic" guns sound like. Seriously is 10 years really going to make THAT much of a difference? Look at 2002 and 2012. I don't really think there was that much difference between warfare.
  28. Sep 21, 2013
    This game is crap.
    The same generic gameplay since MW1, you are surrounded be 4 years n00b kids, crying on every single thing you do.
    Hackers, cheaters, aimbots, and the poor match making, no dedicated servers.
    I was banned from this game because people thought i was a hacker, i had 32 kills and 5 deaths.
    Graphics from 2006, very old engine (a very modified version of Quake Engine).

Not a full game, DLC's 15 each, the maps are small like hell.
    Please, dont waste your 60 save your bucks for some other good things
  29. Sep 19, 2013
    One really has to both commend Treyarch, as well as bewilderingly question how they managed to make a AAA-budget Call of Duty title, look, feel, and play like a low budget Call of Duty clone.
  30. Sep 18, 2013
    One of the worst shooters I've ever played. I'm extremely sorry I got this even on sale from Steam. It's the exact same as every other Call of Duty game with nothing that makes it stand out as worth the money.
  31. Sep 15, 2013
    This game is repetitive boring and is just another addition to the cod franchise which is constructed by really repetitive games The single player is not worth mentioning and the multiplayer is just boring The dlc's are either crappy maps that nobody will remember or maps from black ops 1 which was one of the best call of duty games in my opinion
  32. Sep 9, 2013
    This game is like constipation... Same different day or call of duty case same every November.
    same engine, same graphics, same America kill everything, same mechanics, etc
    also the price WTF £50 for a game that has 1% more features than the last copy/clone
    THIS GAME SHOWS THE GREED OF THE COD FRANCHISE!
    DO NOT BUY, JUST BUY THE OLDER VERSIONS WHICH ARE STILL £30
  33. Sep 7, 2013
    Definitely the worst game of the franchise as of now (but Ghost's trailers and gameplay videos show that Activision still has a lot of space to dig down to the bottom of this CoD'nfusion). The lame singleplayer with rubbish plot about cyberterrorists, the strike ops mode which was made only to be in the game. Zombies became silly and blunt with these new overtwist of plot and mechanics. Multiplayer introduced nothing new, except the bad "pick-10" and wildcards, imbalanced perks and weapons (which also sound like someone in the weapon is participating in the quick spitting competition, oh, and SMGs doesn't look to have recoil at all), etc. This list can be continued. Don't buy this game. RIP Call of Duty. Expand
  34. Sep 2, 2013
    I don't know why does this game exist. It's ugly, even in full settings we can compare it to bioshock 1 or crysis 1. It's not funny. It introduces no innovation. It has a ridiculous plot and several ends to the campaign to improve the life expectancy but no one wants to do this twice. The multiplayer is dreadful, it recycles some MW2's weapons. The concept of the future is just a pretext to say to the world "we take risks! we innovate!". To finish with I'll say that this game is like a drug: it's harmful, useless, makes bad trips but we can't stop playing again and again until we uninstall it. Expand
  35. Sep 1, 2013
    Its the same as every other CoD ever made. The mechanics are boring. All the guns feel the same. And the single player campaign is crap. The community sucks. If I want to get yelled at by children then I'd become a parent. If you own any other call of duty game, then don't buy this. If you don't, and enjoy generic, boring gameplay, then have fun playing with Pinocchio because you clearly don't exist. Expand
  36. Sep 1, 2013
    On consoles its just okay but on PC its horrible. The campaign is as bad as ever but even bloody worse than the 360 with bugs that weren't in the 360 or even PS3 versions are less buggy and the zombies mode and multiplayer is bad because of no split-screen and online its totally for n00bs and no dedicated servers on a PC game WTF and i bloody payed £40 for it
  37. Aug 30, 2013
    This game barely scrapes by on a four out of ten. The single-player mode was okay, but was short and could have been extended quite a bit more. The multi-player mode, however is what drags this game through the dirt. I have what I consider a fast laptop, and yet I had to update it as far as possible just for the game to run. And IF i manage to connect to a multi-player server, it's short-lived. Connection with this game is nigh on impossible and gives many numbers of errors for not connecting. Connection interrupted, lost connection to host, and you have been disconnected are the main messages I see. I wasted 60 dollars to buy a game that is unplayable. Expand
  38. Aug 21, 2013
    totally garbage....i've played all cod games and so far cod 4 & black ops is best of them....
    now this series has become childish(graphic wise and gameplay wise)
    i am not going to buy any cod game again
  39. Aug 16, 2013
    This is a really bad game and marks the death hopefully of COD as we know it dictating a total revamp of the series. I got halfway through the campaign and even though I usually finish most games couldn't drag myself to the end of this and uninstalled it. Skip all the annoying Strikeforce missions which just detract from a nonsensical and poorly written story in the campaign. The campaign is tedious and just over the top and missions consist of you running around in overblown Hollywood epic cutscenes and your interaction with the story/mission is minimal. The first Black Ops although not requiring any intelligence (but then you don't play these games to further your intellect) was at least an enjoyable romp through bits of history. The flashbacks to the 80s are the only mildly entertaining aspect of this game, the action set in 2025 is just boring and often confusing, it would be nice if you could skip it and just play the 80s missions. Pick it up for $5 in a sale but otherwise DO NOT pay $60 it is DEFINITELY not worth it Expand
  40. Aug 15, 2013
    While this game is very addicting, I give this game a 3 for the fact that it's essentially the same game just with a twist. Still raging 12 year olds on MP after you kill them, same perks and killstreaks that just cause frustration after you've worked so hard to get then just to be killed by a camper. The weapons are all the same, they just all shoot really fast, hell, the shotguns can kill long range.... LONG RANGE FOR A SHOTGUN! And the snipers are even better at close range. And referring back to the kids screaming on the mic, on all of the servers I played on, they were saying that this is the most realistic game on the market, if you want realism in a military game, play ArmA 2! How is this game realistic? The die if you get knifed in the foot, no bullet drop, what so ever, perks that let you reload faster and not appear on a UAV, only 2 attachments allowed for your gun, the list goes on. This is possibly the most overrated game I have ever played, some how being more overrated than Zelda and Halo. Do not buy this game, spend your money on a good game like Half Life. Expand
  41. Aug 6, 2013
    Like all other Call of Duty games, they suck and is very unfair. This game for example, story mode is boring and stupid, multiplayer is unfair and poorly made, zombies is probably the only good thing in this stupid game
  42. Jul 30, 2013
    Very disappointing singleplayer. Too easy, too short, generic, pseudo hollywood presentation which contrasts with the rather outdated graphics. The multiplayer is not much better, entertaining for a few hours, but very hectical and spammed with hackers only two months after initial release. My last purchase in the Call of Duty franchise, a series which has gotten more and more repetitive and has been deteriorating with every release since Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. Expand
  43. Jul 29, 2013
    LOL, its obvious that Activision, Treyarch, and Infinity Ward has bought critics to give them positive score. Just LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL..........
  44. Jul 28, 2013
    It's the exact same as last year and as usual somehow took two years to market and another year to make work correctly.
    Now to be honest it's true, same thing since Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, same engine, several powerful guns, several useless guns, and the rest are just there. The story as normal is pointless to play unless if you want to perfect the game, at least this year you can
    influece said story and have a slightly different ending. Side-quest mode (AKA Zombies) is the same thing from Black Ops 1, only this time you can build stuff and that the characters are new, yet this time forgetable. I can say though that I enjoyed Mob of the Dead, finally providing a challenge to survive. Finally the thing that makes all of the cal of duty fans go crazy, the broken and useless multiplayer. I'm actually pretty good at it (2.27 Kills to Death Ratio and a 1.21 Win to Loss Ratio) and I still do not enjoy myself when I play it, it's a torture to play even when you are good, somehow though this game keeps a massive fan boy following. I've played both the console and PC editions and none of them are any different, and that's to be expected since Activision is too busy eiter working on another series of pointless and bad cash ins, or the next Call of Duty. My personal opinion, if you want a Call of Duty game, buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: World at War, together thay are half the price of Black Ops 2 and are both exceedingly better than this years rehash. And a Fun Fact, the graphics are actually worse than World at War somehow, go figure. Expand
  45. Jul 26, 2013
    Honestly, I have never been a fan of the Call of Duty series. I have quite a few friends who play it and I have seen the game play a lot. It looks quite similar to the previous games. I decided to try Black Ops 2 while it was on free weekend on steam. I managed to get up to rank 34 quite easily (with double xp). There is not much of a challenge to be honest. The campaign was too short and boring
  46. Jul 26, 2013
    its the same damn game you bought last freaking year waste of any tiny piece of money you spend on it
    just buy world at war because that was better than this rehash of a game
  47. Jul 16, 2013
    Bad game Be ready to run across the map in 5 seconds becouse autistic cod kids need to be shooting every second else the game sucks Weapons sound bad graphics still suck maps still suck unrealistic wep camos lower the score by 2
  48. Jul 13, 2013
    Single player is "ok"... But Multiplayer is just too bad. The only decent game was CoD4, but after that, it went downhill. I don't see a reason in buying any CoD. The reason BF4 has way more pre-orders than Ghosts says enough.
  49. Jul 8, 2013
    Modern Warfare 3 was great. But Black Ops 2 is a big DLC game. New cammo PAY,maps? PAY.
    Flags for your card PAY. This is terrible.
    Treyarch go home.
  50. Jul 5, 2013
    Bought this game on release date to this day i still havent played one single online match due to constant disconnects this is the very very last time i ever buy anything todo with call of duty ever again i seriously will have nuthing todo with anything call of duty do not buy this game under any circumstances just look at the user review scores save urself the money and go buy sumthing else
  51. Jul 4, 2013
    This game are real Broken pistol and Shotgun have power than Sub Machine GUN game not balanced match marking is worst in history of COD series. Thanks Tre$arc for make a real stupid and broken game.
  52. Jul 4, 2013
    I have to wonder why the directors of Black Ops 2 would make the campaign so unbearable that no one would ever want to attempt to play it again. The agony of sitting through boring and annoying story lines and constantly being stopped in action where you cannot control your character is beyond devastating. I hope no one actually wants to collect all the INTEL and obtain achievements because they won't let you go back and choose to replay the scene again. Even if you do, the pain of waiting on the stupid story to stop and start and stop and start again will most certainly remove any desire you had of wanting to play it in the first place. With that said, the potential is there to enjoy yourself as the campaign would be great otherwise. Too bad the people at Treyarch are not very smart and decided to be a-holes to the gaming community by wasting their time. I promise to never buy Treyarch products again in my lifetime if they do not add a patch to remove these story lines and just let up play the campaign as quickly as possible. I have combined about 400 hours on COD4 and MW2 single player campaigns because they are easy to enter and exit. I am at 9 hours with BO2 and only had 4 hours with BO. It is so difficult to enjoy something when idiots incorporate all the BS. Expand
  53. Jul 4, 2013
    This game is broken, After 3 patches this game still crash for no good reason. I had unstable issue with the first black ops and now this piece of is unplayable. Treyarch is a ****ty developer and all they care is the Xbox 360 version. The PC and PS3 is a very ****ty port. I will never buy anything from them again.
  54. Jul 3, 2013
    Discouragement and sadness, the game turned into a complete low-quality junk. The graphics in the game is outdated by 10 years at least, animation, physics, and low-quality secondary. Story line of low-quality and uninteresting. The game crashes in the same place all the time.
  55. Jul 2, 2013
    Seriously... the game never changes, they need to do something different with the game. The battlefield series changes sooo much each time keeping the game fresh, why can't call of duty do this, its not only Treyarch doing it but also Infinity Ward. I would have rather paid £50 for Minecraft than £10 on this game. Overall the campaign was better than the multiplayer because at least the story line changes a bit however the online never changes and at least there is Zombies which may account for a bit of the game but overall the game is terrible. Expand
  56. Jun 24, 2013
    Still same, boring Call of Duty which, to be honest, is worse than other parts. Graphics looks very bad compared to any new FPS. Multiplayer is ridiculous with laser sights (you even don't have to aim trough sights because hipfire have 100% accuracy), unbalanced weapons and too big blast radius. BO2 has the worst gameplay of all CoD games. Better buy CoD4 instead.
  57. Jun 21, 2013
    GOD THIS GAME IS BORING. The single player is just your generic shoot everything that moves and the multiplayer is so simple that playing it causes your brain cells to die. There is no punishment in the multiplayer so you never really feel like your being challenged and you will quickly get tired of the small and simple maps.
  58. Jun 17, 2013
    Who, how and why is comparing this game to Counter Strike? I bet most of fanatics of this game are children whom never seen different game then this one. No recoil, no objective, no point. Waste of time and money. Even as big fan of FPS I can tell, this game is not worth any attention.
  59. Jun 15, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 brings nothing new to the table, with a bland and uninspired story. I quickly found myself bored in the middle of level two, and I didn't even bother starting level three. It honestly has nothing redeemable.
  60. Jun 9, 2013
    ruined game. the first one was amazing, it was based on precision and skill in multiplier but now.... Even the zombie maps were ruined. all the maps look horrid, the background imaging is basic, and even the AI is terrible. the amount of money this corporation has they should be able to afford there own servers. not cheap out and use players as there servers. the fact the next game was announced a couple of days after the last DLC was made, proves how half ass'ed these are. small machine guns have more ammo, more damage, and better accuracy then an LMG. Great logic. Expand
  61. Jun 8, 2013
    Save your money don't buy this game pfff really disappointed I think the game's creators are laughing at us. I think they should create a map pack rather than releasing a second episode!
  62. Jun 3, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II is one of the worst game I've ever played in my life. Well, I am one of the most stupid person alive right now. I paid 120 bucks for this game. Spent 250 hours of IN-GAME time on this bullcrap. Until I met Battlefield. I run my games on a 3470 and 7970, so don't compare your "lousy cod graphics" to at least the Crysis (1) back in 2007. This game lacks the diversity of new things, and each year i am basically buying back the same game OVER AND OVER AGAIN. With just some newer (and boring) things over and over again.

I love the irony in the Xbox ONE live reveal show, I spent 3 hours of my life hearing to TV shows, how to navigate with the Xbox one, then comes the Call of Duty: Ghosts reveal.

Mantling like in BF3, slide like in Crysis and swim through fishes like in Mario. Like seriously, the engine is still the same f*cking engine. No way on Earth am I purchasing the game if it doesn't have a bigger fanbase in my region.

IW, TREYARCH, ACTIVISION, the 3 MOST EVIL COMPANIES TO EVER EXIST.

(Btw guys, don't ever listen to critics like IGN, you hear it from the majority of the players (us) in the community and User section of this website. They are paid to give higher ratings. 9.3 from IGN for CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 2??!! WHAT A BIG FAT LIE)
  63. Jun 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well, lets see, the system requirements went up, but the graphics got worse. The campaign is stupid, no focus on Reznov after the "Reznov is dead or is he?" code in Black Ops 1. Depending on your actions, Mason may show up years later with no explanation as to where he has been for like 30 years. The rest of the campaign is just full of boring futuristic stuff. The multiplayer had awful maps, there weren't really any irritating weapons except for a handful of things that could lead you to mistake for hacks. The game was generally boring and was a terrible follow up to Black Ops 1. Expand
  64. May 31, 2013
    So, let's start from a 10 and reduce it by it's flaws: Overused series with no change -3 Poor engine (bugs, horrible sound and graphics) -2 Easily hackable multiplayer -1 Unoriginal campaign with stupid and hard to control gimmicks -1 Boring gameplay -2 So in the end, I would say it deserves nothing more than a 1/10. Even then there's a lot more flaws; DLC with very little content for HUGE price
    Horrible fanbase (greatly affects multiplayer)
    Server problems (different players not in sync)
    Lack of response from Activision (has there been any patch? If yes they didn't fix anything)
    60$ price for a game which relies only on the multiplayer (without good solo, should be about 40$)

So if you are looking for a FPS, don't waste your 60$ on this, you will get very little satisfaction.
  65. May 25, 2013
    Meh... They've tried to do something, but it's the same thing over again. Old graphics. MP is boring and almost exactly the same, small generic and boring looking maps with campers and annoying people. Campaign is just...just *BLARGH* The same cliche American soldiers saving the world crap. Zero innovation. If you want a FPS experience, go find a good ol' fashioned copy of TimeSplitters or a copy of BF, Perfect Dark, 007:Nightfire (GCN). Seriously, I don't expect anything from this series anymore, not even their next-gen title Ghosts. 3.5/10: Awww JEEZ!!! You really cannot give us the same crap 3 years in a row Already removed from my Hard drive Expand
  66. May 23, 2013
    How can we juste accept it. Same game than all others The game is actually outdated, the community is bad mostly 8 years old players for a +18 game I can't understand people who buy it
  67. May 21, 2013
    This is the worst era for FPS Gamers, the stupid companies making 1 game per year without innovating, terrible times for shooters.

Plase, stop buying this bullsh·it
  68. May 20, 2013
    Black Ops II, another overrated CoD. Waste of time and money.
  69. May 19, 2013
    remember cod4? yeah it was awesome, right? something you want to remember, right?
    this is something you want to walk away from, the most unbalanced weapons, scorestreaks, (c4, jumping around/bunnyhopping, dropshots) and WORST LAGSERVERS, all just for the price of 110$, go ahead, buy it
  70. May 12, 2013
    Call of duty black ops 2 is probably the most disappointing game in call of duty series, which I otherwise hold a lot of. They have made a campaign that is strange and you do not understand why they are there.
    They make too much out of muliplayer and too little out of the campaign that I would always buy a game. There is almost no one on mulitplayer over the computer. Everyone plays the
    same so after a few hours it will be too various forms.
    COD: Black ops 2 is probably the baddest game in the series ever ..
    The game is a waste of money.
    I'm a huge COD fan, but I do not even know if I will buy the new COD: Ghost
    Fingers crossed for you Infinity Ward!
    Now create a good game so I do not regret my purchase once more.
  71. May 11, 2013
    After playing this during the free weekend, I can tell you that this game is nothing special. If they dropped the price to $20, it would better reflect the game's value.

Not much has changed here, you could go back to the old MW games, and see the same gameplay. The unlock system is confusing... I unlocked something I have to unlock? Talk about annoying.

The graphics are nothing
    special either. You actually can't hear footsteps very well (this is playing with $80 razer headphones). There were quite a few times where I would get stuck on objects, or other players as well. Also, why do we still have maps that have areas where you can kill yourself by jumping off the map? Seriously? If I wanted those kind of maps, I'd go play an old quake or Unreal tournament.

Will not be buying this game. I already have 2 others JUST like it.
  72. May 10, 2013
    Installed and tryed to play on Free Weekend and.. no changes its just next Copy and Paste game. Played for 3minutes, its really worst and hyped game.
    Nothing more to say.
  73. May 10, 2013
    Lets start the story, first i love fps games, but since CS i stoped play. Last year I buy BF3 and CSGO, but I was willing some COD, becouse that franchise are so famous.

This weak i play this game for free, and cant belive why people buy so much this game. The gameplay are horrible, the character moviment is a joke. The animations is like games from 10 years ago.

The weapon is so
    artificial, Battlefield is so much professional than COD. COD has the worst fake gameplay ever. Dont buy this game just becouse that is famous. Expand
  74. May 10, 2013
    The most biggest steaming piece of S*** I've played for a long time. Campers & Hackers that's what this game is about. I'm never going to play this garbage ever again and i recommend that no-one should try it either.
  75. May 9, 2013
    STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS GAME! First of all, to be honest, I have never played a single COD title, the only FPS I've played were Counter Strike. Having heard a lot of rave reviews from game critics, doing research on YouTube and so on, with many COD fanboys bragging about how superior these titles were compared to other FPS. It gave me the assurance, that this has to be the best FPS ever made, right? F**k no!!! Ok, at first BO2 may seem quite fun but for awhile, it won't take long before you realize that it's just stupid & mindless, you'll feel like a complete retard running around in circles in a freaking Michael Bay movie with a mass orgy of bombardments, getting killed out of no where. Can someone knock some sense in to me and explain how the hell did COD titles gets all the good reviews? how the hell is this even fun? I'm astonished! This game for me is a 4/10, TERRIBLE!!! I just don't get how COD titles are one of the best selling video games or why people are wasting money on this trash, one thing's for sure though, definitely the last time I bought any COD crap. Expand
  76. May 5, 2013
    What’s good 1) good story 2) possibility in multiplayer to change equipment and weapon at slots.
    3) Personal weapon camo good idea.
    Problems 1) cheaters 2) to many cheaters 3) not banned cheaters 4) no working ghost perk second name of the game shooting UAV 5) awful by the balance and only small “3 passes” maps 6 some camo for children instead of the fact its game 18 7)
    only 6 players in hardcore team. 8) all time connection to losing team what’s the point in losing winning score Expand
  77. May 2, 2013
    Nothing new, another copy and paste from the CoD series. When will people learn and stop making this game the best selling series of this generation. The people who play this game are just sheep's that shell out $60 every year to play the same game and pay for 3 $15 map packs every time.
  78. Apr 30, 2013
    This isn't a game, this is a bad joke. Another console on the PC. No gamesave only control points, so if you die, you have to watch all the cinematics allover, because there's no skipping... And play the last 10-15 mins over again. But I don't want to replay, I want to play!! If it freezes, and it does, you have to start the whole chapter again. Sometimes, you just don't know what to do like the russian tank vs. horse scene. You smash the buttons in vain but for no avail. The controls were left on the consoles... That's where I left the game. There are so many other out there. I swore many times never to buy a game before try it out because I think many game companies just sell sh*t and lie about it. And after you've bought it there's no help (see the shameless Crytek-EA, too). Games like these make pirating stronger, because nobody would want to pay for sh*t like this... So I'm off for pirating from now on. I'll be only paying for games that worth it. So should you. Expand
  79. Apr 24, 2013
    gonna divide this is 3: - Campain: its painfuly booooooring, would be worst if it wasnt for Menedez. Also the decitions? thats the only choice it matters is the very last one the others are exuces. - Multiplayer: nothing really new exept for a few thing. - Zombies: fun as always and pretty inovative. the only thing that worths at all is Zombie mode and its not THAT good. you would get bored soon.
    Besides why wasting money in this game if they are already going to release a new one soon. dont give your money to them! use that money for a game that actually woth and has iniciative like Battlefield 3 or Uncharted 3
  80. Apr 23, 2013
    Black Ops 2 uses recycled ideas of sci-fi that Battlefield 2142 already accomplished back in 2006. This game is way too late to a series that is burning out fast. Same engine, done future weapons, simple level design, arbitrary recycled level-up system. Pass it, demand something fresh than the same tweaked recycled game every year. Baaaa Baa sheep.
  81. Apr 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Expand
  82. Apr 16, 2013
    Making BILLIONS every year. But this poor Bobby Kottick is too preocupied in the law sues against him and fu***ng gamers by behind to upgrade his game.... And it seems they like it, since they keep buying.

Making BILLIONS AND BILLIONS, but can't invest 1/4 of that money back into the game just to make it better.... no no, can't take this risk, just copy paste and change the singleplayer
    story.

Anyone calling themselves gamers and still plays this crap should be a shame of himself and you are contribuing in shutting down the gaming industry.

1 of the worst call of duty. always going downhill. Making billions, but still only put 20 millions to make the same old game. but stupid fake gamers still cum on this and praise him.... I have no faith in the future of gaming, thanks to yall kids.
  83. Apr 16, 2013
    The problem with Black Ops, and most of the CoD series, is that there's no challenge in most of the series. It's extremely under-rated and the gameplay is just the same over, and over again. Most game developers would at least add something new to a game to make it that little bit extra enjoyable, but no, they decided to add zombies instead. Come on, this is 2013, not 2005.
  84. Apr 5, 2013
    This is the worst FPS I have ever played. I was expecting it to be bad, but not as bad as this. The campaign is rubbish, the AI are retarded, and everything was buggy. I couldn't get past the first level because nothing wanted to work and all the enemies ran towards you despite a ton of allies nearby. Multiplayer is slightly better, but nothing new. Maps are generic. Zombies is the only step up. Much more stuff in it and better maps. Tranzit is pretty cool. The graphics are crap. Absolute crap. It looks like the kind of game that was released in 2005 (Im playing on High graphics).
    I am very disappointed, what a waste of money. I guess it would be better for consoles, since it has lousy graphics. If you want a FPS game that's has graphics, a campaign and guns, get this.
  85. Mar 30, 2013
    As a (now former) CoD fan, I didn't enjoy BO II. The story was cheesy and unreasonable (it was very cinematic, though), and when you reach a moment when you can just RUN through the levels on any difficulty you can say the series reached a new low. Not to mention the MP is filled with idiots. Some of the weapons are overpowered, hackers can be found rather often, players are dumb and the killstreaks are extremeley overpowered. The zombies did introduce some new mechanics, but it takes the focus of the basic goal of surviving, so I enjoyed it much less. As a big fan of the first Black Ops, Don't bother buying it. Save those 60$. Expand
  86. Mar 30, 2013
    Just an absolutely horrible game I cannot find a single thing to appraise MW3 better, MW2 better, BO1 better battlefield series way better. I have played three previous versions something like 3-400 hours and found them enjoyable but the controls in this is just plain frustrating, no one is playing I would probably declare this the death of the franchise unless they step up in the next release
  87. Mar 26, 2013
    Guys guys guys THIS GAME IS NOT OPTIMIZED.
    Runs quite badly on a HD6850 and an AMD Athlon II X2 255 3.0 GHz Dual-Core and 4 GB of RAM and in some crappy laptop of a friend that can barely run TF2 it runs great. Unbelievable.
  88. Mar 25, 2013
    Call of Duty PC=a big load of donkey Sh*t. There's nothing more to say then that.
  89. Mar 23, 2013
    Isn't it high time we boycott this franchise? Yes, gamer, don't return slavishly to the call of doodoo! Especially if you are a pc player. Why? Just to to name a few reasons: -Cheese ridden arcade twitch game-play -Cynical monetization -Unassailable firewall btwn player and dev community -Ugly tendency in the online community, if you are not one for hostility toward the other. Perhaps it follows from the model they've set up here.
    -Claustrophobic maps with no sniping but action sniping. No real tactics (flanking etc) but nonosecond tactics.
    -Ubiquitous hackers

Really that last one should do it, even if you care not for of the concerns above it. I concede that the game feel is unparalleled, but we can't allow them to ride that crack appeal forever, releasing as they do the same uninteresting game over and over. Compare to Madden. To see it done right, look no further than the roadmap for Planetside 2, itself a great game with much in the way of strategy, wonderful comm, tactics, stealth and sniping. In short, get your head out of the CoD and into the real game right, right?
  90. Mar 16, 2013
    I was going to buy this game for sure as I really liked BO1, but after the release before I got to a shop several my friends advised me not to buy this game as it's totally sucks... I usually don't take anything on trust and usually recheck the info by my own, but after my bro said it sucks, I decided not to buy and wait until the game fully patched. And several months after on Steam I had possibility to try the MP during weekends. I tried... Maaaaaa, what a facepalm: graphics sucks totally, weapons suck, maps nothing special, and... already up with cheaters... Cool... I played 3hrs and deleted it without any doubt. After that I decided to look at SP, of course I had to pirate it, a there's no demo, and MP showed the game sucks totally. SP I deleted even not finishing first level same graphics (OMG ITS 2012 already, even MW3 has better graphics than BO2 how can it be?!!), stupid uninteresting plot for 9-year old kids, control sucks. So after all I'd like to thank my friends for warning, Steam for free ability to see there's nothing to lose even in MP. I really love CoD series since first MW (I had no possibility to play earlier CoD games), but BO2 is a big leap back to the 90s, the game sucks totally.
    0 score is max for the game.
  91. Mar 10, 2013
    This game is the same year after year. Run, point, shoot, die rinse and repeat. And the campaign is the same as every year. Go to war. Kill the main bad guy. The end. I am really disappointed and wont buy CoD unless this changes
  92. Mar 7, 2013
    Hated MW2. Hated MW3. I was able to try this one for a short time. Couldn't wait to get angry and start raging on how bad this series is, and so off I played. After playing for 2 days of experiencing and trying basically enough, I have to say this...it has improved. It hurts me to say, but it has few improvements over the previous games. First of, I liked how the perks are extremely few and unlike the previous, which many were useless and only few were good, now we get few perks and almost none are that useful and actually work as "perks". Instead, some of the "old" perks are now some sort of "attachments" to weapons which are unlocked by using them more often, and in here we also get the levels for weapons, which is a nice addition. They tried hard to balance the game, even by limiting our perks, weapons, attachments and everything with a limit of 10...which balances things....I guess? Weapons are still rather similar but they TRIED to make them different this time and I noticed few differences while using some of them...like one would give less recoil...another would do more...but the same damage...? Arenas have improved as well: we get colors! Few, but it's so great to find more than 2 colors in an arena, without mentioning that I haven't played that many matches with campers (there were, but nothing impossible to counter). And jokes aside, they tried to make most of the arenas trying to be careful on blind corners...which unfortunely still are present, showing either that it's programming fault or their own choice. People will either think I'm joking or being serious but to be honest, the answer is just one: this game is still horrible, and that's no joke. While it has improvements over the others, it's still not worth a single cent on this game: weapons are still too similar and have the biggest fault of having no need to aim at all: just shoot and you'll kill (you might need to aim only on long distances); arenas, while cured a little more, show how graphics are HORRIBLE and simply unacceptable and while I accepted the graphics of the previous games, this one is totally unworthy of attention. And campers are still around in some arenas, so it's not fixed yet; balancing of the classes is still far from being even remotely good, letting us customize with just tons of useless perks (even if fewer than previous games) and overpowered killstreaks, which works with points instead of kills, but still can be a gamebreaker pretty easily and without letting you escape. This game is just mediocre, like the previous games, and while it may be a good purchase this time, the game is still expensive like day 1 and, in all honesty, you can spend those euros/dollars for much better games (and cheaper as well). If you ever find this game on discount (not gonna happen) you might give it a try and maybe even having fun until the next installment arrives (after that, this game literally dies). But seriously, if you want to play an arena based fps, with lots of weapons, with very low graphics, no real physics and simply fast pacing gaming....play either Quake 3 arena or Unreal tournament. Expand
  93. Mar 6, 2013
    Little to nothing redeeming about this game. It's the same rehashed crap that Activision keeps pushing onto weak gamers who think they need the latest CoD release. Quit funding these yearly releases and you might actually get a game worth spending $60 on.
  94. Mar 6, 2013
    Another copy and paste from every other Call of Duty for the past few years. Basically milking you 59.99 for expansion content. Call of Duty use to be awesome...and then Activision came...This game offers NOTHING significantly new in terms of content and graphics etc......and is just a cash cow milking YOU, the consumer
  95. Feb 24, 2013
    Incredibly boring, with a story so derivative it's insulting, BLOPS2 is yet another serving of the same mediocrity by a studio devoid of originality. I'm falling asleep writing this re
  96. Feb 23, 2013
    I hate new generation shooters with iron sights, auto restored hp and other stuff. but this one is worst of them. absolutely nothing new in this game, i cant feel difference between old MW and this one graphic and game play wise. Cod series must stop making absolutely same games every year, every one is fed up with this. Somebody should start new gaming era. COD, MOH and new age battlefield shooters must stop. Expand
  97. Feb 21, 2013
    I don't understand how these game sells so well. COD4 was the best and last great game in the series. BLOPS II is lackluster and the devs have no creativity as it shows in the maps. The graphics are dated and the console match making is lame. The only good thing about this game is that I didn't pay full price for it. BTW the latest MOH is better than this game. I will play it as a filler game and to play some Zombies. Expand
  98. Feb 18, 2013
    they still make the same mistake over and over again why the heck don't they make a damn server not the old stupid peer to peer method which is a Fail ......
    it takes ages to find a damn room to play my rating is 1 until they fix the damn online problem
  99. Feb 17, 2013
    One of the disappointments of 2012! Poor wherever you look: graphics, sound, gameplay, story. Very little or nothing to rescue.
    The greatest damage is in the graphics. Disastrous!
    A shame, it could have been a good game.
  100. Feb 9, 2013
    Didn't like this. Bad graphics. Worse story than part 1, which I found quite enjoyable. 'Modern' 2025 stuff poorly executed. Bad AI. Strikeforce missions that suck balls. Unfortunately, there are better ways to spend my money.
  101. Dec 4, 2012
    Weak (shockingly boring) campaign, poorly plotted, linear to the point of funneling the player into a virtual tunnel (even preventing flanking the opposition), a real lack of game-play innovation, bad software quality, poor performance tuning / optimization, and appears not to have been even superficially play-tested in parts. Overall a shoddy release not worthy of being a sequel. MW, MW2, Black Ops1 are absolute classics. MW3 suffered from bad plotting, but Black Ops 2 takes that deficiency, adds a whole bunch of other letdowns, and is really disappointing. Collapse

1. Dec 30, 2012
    The Corn Flakes of multiplayer first-person shooters. We've been sick of eating it for some time, now. [Jan 2013, p.80, 81]
    Black Ops II brings evolution to the series unfortunately, the evolution that is incomplete. Only one part of the game deserves a top ranking – multiplayer. [Christmas 2012]
  3. Dec 12, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops II is saved by its multiplayer, as the campaign has surprisingly too many bad sections. Maybe now it's time to move on? [Dec 2012]