3.7

1. Apr 6, 2014
    This game is the same like every CoD Bo1 nothing new! Graphics and level design are terrible...
    The Singleplayer is extreme boring the Multiplayer (Gameplay) is bad and only kiddis play this game!
    2 Points because the Zombie Mode is cool but to easy
  2. Mar 20, 2014
    Nice game with quite good graphics. You must have fast reflexes and smart playing style. If you like tactic playing, buy black ops 2 and enjoy ^^ Thanks ^^
  3. Mar 16, 2014
    Second CoD i played after CoD 2 and i must say the last. CoD 2 was a very good FPS , but i always preferred scifi shooters. This game got really bad single player and mediocre multiplayer. It has lots of multiplayer mods and gun play is ok, but everything els is garbage. The maps are really bad and weapons are trash. I hoped for some more interesting weapons but you wont find any. The only funny kill streak is that small robot. This game is bad. Expand
  4. Mar 15, 2014
    Call of Duty game that actually tries to improve over previous ones, and does that pretty good. People giving it a low score expected...I don't know. Probably a completely different game than CoD is. We already got improved graphics, way better and more numerous killstreaks, bunch of interesting maps and futuristic theme to weapons and gear as opposed to modern theme. We got campaign with MULTIPLE FREAKING ENDINGS IN A CALL OF DUTY GAME YES THAT'S RIGHT. If this is not an improvement I dont what is.

GOOD THINGS
    - Best (arcade) shooter mechanics out there
    - Deep customization supporting different combat roles (like sniper, rusher, assault, support, covert ops etc.)
    - Just enough unlocks to keep you from being bored
    - Campaignthat is pretty interesting with multiple endings
    - Graphical improvement over previous CoD games albeit not huge

BAD THINGS
    - Not everyone likes CoD's arcade style of shooting and for some that's a deal breaker
    - If you buy this for campaign, remember that it's only 7-8 hours long (seriously, buy this for the multiplayer)
    - It can get boring once you get to prestige once or twice
    - Greedy DLC policy with most maps unavailable unless you pay another 60 $ to activision

This is the greatest CoD game since Modern Warfare 1, at least for me. Highly recommended to shooter fans. Don't listen to idiots who hate it because of their tiny genitals. Gets a nice 8/10.
  5. Mar 15, 2014
    Terribly boring, and definitely not worth the price.
    The game is basically this: Very long cutscene -> short action -> Very, very long cutscene -> short action -> Incredibly long cutscene -> short action -> Endless cutscene during which you forget you're playing a game -> short action... (ad nauseam).
    Everything seems more and more dumbed down and repetitive, as is the tendency for games
    nowadays, and I see nothing new when compared to older titles. A waste of my money. Expand
  6. Mar 9, 2014
    The reason for making a new version is to make it better than the first. This game is okay but I don't like it. It has nothing special unlike the first.
  7. Mar 5, 2014
    itrés bon jeux toute aussi plaisant je l'ai tester sur toute forme aussi bien xbox ps3 ect... rien ne change peut etre un meilleur graphisme mes sinon le meilleur qui et sortie de tous avec bo 1
  8. Jan 23, 2014
    The reason I have scored Black Ops II by Activision a low score is because after playing the game and getting to 2nd prestige I decided to upgrade my PC and then reinstall Black Ops II. Before reinstalling I checked to make sure that the game was saved, and according to Activision the game is saved online. But after reinstalling my game I found that my rank had been reset to 0. I contacted customer support but would they not do anything about it. So basically I have been shafted by Activision. A well deserved 0 score from yet another player who had his stats reset for no reason. I am now certain that I am not the only one, and there are plenty of other reports of this happening. Also now I know that these reports are true. It's possible it happens to everyone who plays this game. Expand
  9. Jan 12, 2014
    The multiplayer is trash unbalenced, awful hit detection,lag, boring campaign , **** zombies, and all the dlcs were a copy from BO1 and the fact its the **** SAME GAME FROM COD 4!!!!!!!!
  10. Jan 5, 2014
    Black ops II, um no thanks. Not a fan of Treyarch developers period. If you want a real good CoD game stick with Infinity Ward developers..the original developers since the very first CoD. Black Ops games use a modified version of the IW engine, and personally they really screwed the pooch altering it. The last good CoD games are the original Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2. Treyarch just doesn't do a good job in balancing mechanics, maps, physics, etc. It feels odd and blah compared to Infinity Ward's design, it feels cheap. My recommendations for a CoD game for multiplayer..MW1,MW2,MW3. Stay away from black ops, that's coming from a person that has played them all completely through online. Expand
  11. Jan 4, 2014
    This game is horrible. Black Ops 2 is almost like an overpriced DLC for MW3 or BLOPS 1.
    Treyarch still decided to go with the same ugly engine from Call of Duty 4, the single player campaign is very repetitive with a boring story and the multiplayer doesn't have any dedicated servers and isn't any better. The textures look awful and the game is a really bad console port. The Call of Duty
    series have since a long time died and this is probably the last time I'll buy a game from the franchise. Expand
  12. Jan 3, 2014
    Almost the same story as FIFA but at least CoD it has changes (sometimes...Story)
    Graphics are decent but not the best and multiplayer is monotonic and boring
  13. Dec 27, 2013
    With a horrendous campaign, not many changes from the previous entries in the series, a few removed game types/modes and bad graphics (for a AAA title), the only reason to purchase this game would be for the multiplayer and/or zombies mode. While it's fun and addictive, the multiplayer is almost exactly the same as previous titles in the franchise. There's different maps, weapons, killstreaks and titles, but still the game is very similar to other Call of Duty games. I also thought the emblem creator was awful. I liked the pre-made emblems much more, and to me it felt like the developers wanted to put less effort into the callsigns. Zombies mode was fun, but I barely played it, so I don't have much to say about it.

The game is FUN, but nothing else. Oh, and if you're playing online, you might want to mute some of the players, as there are many underage players.
  14. Nov 30, 2013
    Im very dissapointed. The terrible coding in "Zombies" make it unpossible to enjoy. The multiplayer doesnt feel verry fluent and The matchmaking is just the WORST. I have a PC that runs Crysis 3 on Ultra, but the Graphics (Textures) are realy ugly. I would defenetly NOT recommend this game. Its a waste of money.
  15. Nov 28, 2013
    Like all call of duty games, the singleplayer is short and linear, and the multiplayer gets tedious and boring. However, Treyarch have at least tried to innovate, with adding choices to the singleplayer, and adding the strike force missions. None of the multiplayer maps are that entertaining to play apart from nuketown and with that map being previously available in Black Ops 1, Treyarch have failed to provide entertaining new maps. The game is OK though, and certainly is better than previous Call of Duty games. Expand
  16. Nov 25, 2013
    Average game now and its better at least to call of duty ghost which is just totally trash ...the zombies are hell way better then crappy extinction mode out of both games i would prefer black ops 2
  17. Nov 23, 2013
    Another recycled Call of Duty game, it was ok for 2 days, then it got boring and repetitive. I see you first, you die. If you want a real fps, you should try something else.
  18. Nov 23, 2013
    I've played CoD W@W,MW2,BO,MW3,BO2... and this is pretty much the same run-n-gun arcade shooter throughout their franchise. Now I mainly play for multiplayer, and can say it's the same old stuff, nothing wrong with that.
    There is a broken point perk system, as used in Treyarch's BO2, so if you're not a fan of that, then that might be a negative for you. Though, the same old 1 host
    advantage lobbies are being used once again, which can and will lead to laggy games, due to being forced to play against people probably not even close to your area.
    Graphics look nice, only if you max out all the settings. There's no in-game option to change field of view, there are mods available but there is uncertainty at the moment whether they are allowed without punishment/ban. All you get for audio options is a level bar to increase or decrease volume. Unlike BO1 & BO2 where you have different audio presets, and can even lower down the volume of annoying voice overs and music.
    As I said, this is the same gameplay as the previous games, whether they were IW or Treyarch, and I still have fun with that. So why such a low score? Well, I suppose this might not be IW fault completely, but there is weak PC community for this game. On average, there are 8K players online, other times under 4K, on good days 18K, and 30K on a rare sunny day. I honestly don't know if those are average numbers for a call of duty game on PC, being that it is my first one on PC. Without dedicated servers, and the previous 6GB RAM requirement (now patched to 4GB), people probably decided to pass on this or just decided to move on to consoles (which average +400K players online), sadly. Cannot recommend, if ever, I would suggest wait till steam itself has a free to play weekend, maybe by then you could see it's same old same old, but without anybody to play with, at least in PC case.
  19. Nov 20, 2013
    Made good effort in optimizing for PC. Graphics outdated for PC though. Made new mechanics and added futuristic warfare that made the game unique. Much better than Ghosts.
  20. Nov 17, 2013
    I never got through the campaign in BOII becuase I lost interest around 3 missions. That's when I started playing multiplayer that's when it kicked off. I was stuck and glued to the game for 3-4 weeks then hackers came and took all the XP. This happens all the time with Activison and Treyarch. They are really back able and really easy to do it. That put me off the multiplayer and I started playing the puzzle of a game called Zombies. I loved it when Just you and your friends siting in a corner with a ray gun and 3 matching guns on the 2nd floor of a old office building. Now it's run over there, do that, do this, combine this with that. It's not zombies. It's a puzzle were if your not careful you will get hit by something.

Overall
    -Bad camping.
    -Hackable Multiplayer but it's still fun at times.
    -Puzzle of a game Zombies.
  21. Nov 13, 2013
    Still selling for $60 on Steam, that is a complete disappointment, it's a decent game, at a horrendous price. Don't buy it unless it's on a big sale. I would pay $30 or less for this game. (BO2 also has pretty bad graphics for a game made recently.)
  22. Nov 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well, I'm actually surprised. I thought it was going to be terrible, because of all the reviews. Well don't listen to them!! I just finished the campaign and played a bit of multiplayer. The campaign was great. You go through emotions that you have never felt in a game before. The new engine has not a lot of changes, but you will notice them. The graphics are good, and works well with my terrible PC. And why does anyone care about graphics? It's all about the gameplay! The campaign was enjoyable and really active, there is not one part when you are not shooting enemies. The story is great; how an ex-ghost turns into the leader of a ginormous army that has took all of South America. You really got hit in the feelings at some points. Multiplayer is fun and enjoyable. Also the guns sound awesome! I have always dreamed of the guns in Call of Duty sounding like this! The voice acting, however is ok. Some parts their voice didn't match what they were doing. For example, Elias was shouting angrily, but he had no sign of it, no angrily shaking the chair he was tied up to. All in all brilliant game. Buy it if you enjoy a good fun game to relax! Expand
  23. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of duty did it again:
    Releasing the same game which naive people will buy again.
    It is a very disappointing game if you played the series for a long time.
    It has almost no innovation at all. The highly praised by the marketing team next gen engine is just a bit prettier than MW3. Single player is decent, but only if you don't get tired of linear map design.
  24. Nov 5, 2013
    Garbage. Not much left to say. Sick requirements, blocked FOV, broken preload, maps, graphics like in 2008 game, no changes in gameplay and no revolution in any way.
  25. Nov 5, 2013
    Nothing New, but it was a great attempt.

A unforgettable and emotional campaign, but a recycled multiplayer and Stagnant Zombies mode. this game had some good potential and a decent game to play on your spare time unlike other games out there. The Graphics improved. I admired the specular and the Antialiasing. one of the best looking games in the CoD Franchise.
  26. Nov 4, 2013
    The game is horrible, its the same as it's previous games. Gameplay's the same, Game engine's the same, it aint DX11... its still DX9.0c.. no physics, nothing. The only good thing is that it runs on Intel HD cards. The future war of the game feels like a mix of Crysis and BF2142. The sound of the game is pants, bullets are more quiet than the soundtracks, and if you ask me, the soundtracks are really cheap! atleast the zombie mod is better than the previous. This game is just a marketing trick of Acitivision, same thing as EA or Apple is doing... marketing crap for high prices. It was nothing but a waste of my time! COD series is dead... Expand
  27. Nov 3, 2013
    The game itself is great. Campaign is pretty good, looks good (I have no idea why people complain about graphics) and it runs very smoothly. The reason I gave it only 5 points is because I ran into some strange checkpoint bug where the game autosaved at the exact moment of my death and when I reloaded it I just died instantly and since you can't just load a save before that I was forced to restart the mission from the beginning wtf? Anyway good game. Cant' wait to try out CoD: Ghosts. Expand
  28. Nov 1, 2013
    What kind of zombies are they???? An why all this fire???? Not as good as the first one. Really bad. Don't play it if you like zombies!!! That's my advice!!!!
  29. Nov 1, 2013
    I can't believe how much they messed up black ops 2, no pro perks, the lag is horrible, unbalanced guns, you can just use a pistol and get up to 30 kills. this game sucks because of how unbalanced it is!
  30. Nov 1, 2013
    COD Black Ops 2 is just a mediocre entry in the mediocre Call of Duty series. If this game was released as an original ip, making small changes to the storyline and multiplayer, it would have been a lot better and felt like an extremely well-made military shooter. The truth is that this is just feels like the same game as the rest of the modern COD series with extremely small tweeks, and is an inferior choice compared to some of the other titles in the series. Expand
  31. Oct 30, 2013
    Epic singleplayer story (starting in 4th level, until that level, its juat a crap), some minor changes to multiplayer which still plays great. Great survival maps (Mob of the Dead is the best). There is nothing new or special with the game but nothing really wrong with it too. Its good but Call Of Duty needs some serious changes.
  32. Oct 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Call of Duty: Black Ops II is the obvious sequel to Call of Duty: Black Ops. The game is split into three modes;
    Campaign
    Multi-player
    and Zombies

The campaign gives you the role of playing as a person. I can't remember the protagonists name, because it's so bland. The story is pretty much the same as Modern Warfare 3, but somewhere down the line Treyarch went "we need dem feels in the game, guys" and added an extra story mechanic of the protagonists father was shot by his friend. And the actual story we were told about in E3 starts at the second to last level, which ruins the whole game. The Multi-Player is the same, with normal players stuck between TryHard's and Pro Snipers. And they have nearly ruined the only thing keeping the series alive, Zombies. This time the characters are forgettable, unlike their original counterparts who I still love as a zombie player. The gamemode only still lives thanks to its final DLC, Apocalypse, that brought back Dempsy, Roctoffen, Nickolai and Takeo, and adding a brilliant twist to the storyline. Overall the game is a forgettable mess, that I'm giving a three to so Medal of Honor: Warfighter still has a lower score.
  33. Oct 28, 2013
    Worst game I every played... The single player is good but the multiplayer... In multiplayer with a sniper you can jump and do a 360 and shoot headshot.
  34. Oct 22, 2013
    OMG BEST GAME EVVVER, LOVE THE PART WHEN YOU KILL PEOPLE, 360 NO SCOPE!!!!!! SO MUCH FUNN. Love all the 8 year olds on online btw. Me Luve tihs GAAAMMMMME IT SO FUUUN, BEST. ME SOOOO GOOD AT IT
  35. Oct 21, 2013
    Disgusting animations, horrible sound effects, terrible graphics, short campaign, outright boring multiplayer, guns feel like airsoft guns, community mostly consist of retarded 8 year olds, zombie mode if you want zombies play L4D2, it's way better), this game is 60€ and the game hasn't changed at all so you might as well buy CoD 4 which is basically the same game.
  36. Oct 17, 2013
    I have bought the game on release date for the PlayStation 3 and was Very Disappointed, The graphics have not yet improved passed the Call Of Duty 4 engine. The Guns & Gameplay feel really repetitive. Ever Since Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, The series has been going down exponentially. Also The, Campers & Douchebag Clans,Fanboy's and young kids on this Mature rated game makes the playing experience drop to a whole, but props to Treyarc for a great Call Of Duty: Zombies Game. i think its the only thing they get right in the series. so in conclusion. i'd say the multiplayer aspect is DEAD. but zombies is quite fun.

37. Oct 16, 2013
    Singleplayer: Story is unintrestng and predictable, gameplay is the same as last year and too short.
    Multiplayer: the devs pretty much put everything in multiplayer so unless you have steady internet connection you're gonna have a bad time, after 2 years the game will be filled with cheaters,campers etc.
    gameplay once again same as last year, filled with kids from 6 to 14 yelling

zombies: boring and repetetive maps are not nearly as good as last year although satisfying to mow down a of zombies coming after you'd get the same enjoyment out of blending lemons to throw in your eyes after seeing this game play out
  38. Oct 3, 2013
    Oh im just been informed this isn't just Black Ops with a texture pack. Surprising. The story is all over the place, there is no characterization, and everything is predictable. Level design is horrible and has you running through halls. There are some changes in multiplayer which make it even less balanced. there is one change that is good, but it isn't worth 60 dollars.
  39. Sep 26, 2013
    Bad and repetitive multiplayer but awesome single player. The single player is superb. For those of you say that the single player sucks, look at BF3. It's even worst. Admit it.
  40. Sep 26, 2013
    Exactly like every other CoD in game play, just like the last one. Bad storyline, but that's no surprise. Move on to Zombies. Just like W.A.W. or Bl.Ops 1. Multi-player, rinse and repeated like the rest of the CoD games.
  41. Sep 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SP
    The singleplayer to be honest is pretty average. I liked how the game was non-linear and there were different endings. Although non-linear is kind of generous. It was basically kill or don't kill, but i feed a sense of satisfaction after getting the best possible ending.
    MP
    The multiplayer? Well the maps are good AND bad. The maps are good, as in good variety of colour and detail, but there are CRAPTONNES of camping spots. I don't know what's wrong with the COD community these days but they need to grow some balls and stop camping. The spawning is also I can't tell you how many times i got killed by someone spawning 5 metres behind me. Treyarch really need to pick up their The hit detection is also bull****, either that or that all my guns are equipped with paper bullets, because i pump a whole clip into an enemy and they don't die, whereas they shoot one burst into me and I die. Most annoying feature in the game. I don't even think they have a system that checks whether you spawn next to an enemy, you just spawn somewhere near an ally and that's that. The weapon sounds are also terrible. When I shoot a gun I want it to sound like I'm shooting a gun, not whatever sounds the "futuristic" guns sound like. Seriously is 10 years really going to make THAT much of a difference? Look at 2002 and 2012. I don't really think there was that much difference between warfare.
  42. Sep 23, 2013
    I was very skeptical of this game after I did not like the story presented in Modern Warfare 3. This was not the case. I found Black Ops 2 very enjoyable to play. The story was up to par and the gameplay was there. I have never really liked Call of Duty multiplayer and this one made little effort to improve on the multiplayer. The pick 10 system is a great improvement though. The graphics are good but the audio drove me up the wall. The gun sounds are very generic and they sound underpowered. Expand
  43. Sep 21, 2013
    This game is crap.
    The same generic gameplay since MW1, you are surrounded be 4 years n00b kids, crying on every single thing you do.
    Hackers, cheaters, aimbots, and the poor match making, no dedicated servers.
    I was banned from this game because people thought i was a hacker, i had 32 kills and 5 deaths.
    Graphics from 2006, very old engine (a very modified version of Quake Engine).

Not a full game, DLC's 15 each, the maps are small like hell.
    Please, dont waste your 60 save your bucks for some other good things
  44. Sep 19, 2013
    One really has to both commend Treyarch, as well as bewilderingly question how they managed to make a AAA-budget Call of Duty title, look, feel, and play like a low budget Call of Duty clone.
  45. Sep 18, 2013
    One of the worst shooters I've ever played. I'm extremely sorry I got this even on sale from Steam. It's the exact same as every other Call of Duty game with nothing that makes it stand out as worth the money.
  46. Sep 15, 2013
    This game is repetitive boring and is just another addition to the cod franchise which is constructed by really repetitive games The single player is not worth mentioning and the multiplayer is just boring The dlc's are either crappy maps that nobody will remember or maps from black ops 1 which was one of the best call of duty games in my opinion
  47. Sep 14, 2013
    The multiplayer, is okay, I guess, well it's far more balanced than the previous games, there are no guns that are basically overpowered, perks are fine, and I liked how they turned the Sleight Of Hand perk into an attachment. But the Campaign is the reason why I rate this game a five.
  48. Sep 14, 2013
    The campaign isn't that bad, although not as epic as MW1. The graphics and sounds are okay, the playtime a bit sort, but offers some replayability if you want to get all achievements and endings. The gunplay, however, was a bit strange; I missed 2/3 of the time on moving targets, maybe due the fact that they turn 90 degrees instantly, or maybe the recoils were set higher than usual. The Strike Force missions were somewhat frustrating, the unit AI wasn't on the top, I almost lost them on most occasions. Anyway, it is an acceptable addition to the series and a buy at a reduced price. Expand
  49. Sep 12, 2013
    Let me start off by saying the campaign was the first I went into and it was very satisfying indeed. It allows you to now customize your load out(weapons) before entering the mission along with choosing your perks. You can access areas in the missions that you wouldn't access without a certain perk so that's pretty cool. The game's engine does lack, but don't get me wrong, Activision isn't going to do whole overhaul on a game needs more changes they only want the game to be fun game play wise. Many people who complain still buy the game even when reviewing it badly so you can tell a game like this is definitely not bad. Multiplayer is great because of new kill streaks, perks returning, new weapons, new maps, and now you are limited to your customization so everyone has a fair chance. It now goes by score for the kill streaks as well. Now zombies is one of the biggest things about Treyarch side of CoD because zombies is just perfect explaining how awesome it is would just take a page or two so I will shorten it by saying that the story is perfect and the gameplay is awesome. Expand
  50. Sep 9, 2013
    This game is like constipation... Same different day or call of duty case same every November.
    same engine, same graphics, same America kill everything, same mechanics, etc
    also the price WTF £50 for a game that has 1% more features than the last copy/clone
    THIS GAME SHOWS THE GREED OF THE COD FRANCHISE!
    DO NOT BUY, JUST BUY THE OLDER VERSIONS WHICH ARE STILL £30
  51. Sep 7, 2013
    Definitely the worst game of the franchise as of now (but Ghost's trailers and gameplay videos show that Activision still has a lot of space to dig down to the bottom of this CoD'nfusion). The lame singleplayer with rubbish plot about cyberterrorists, the strike ops mode which was made only to be in the game. Zombies became silly and blunt with these new overtwist of plot and mechanics. Multiplayer introduced nothing new, except the bad "pick-10" and wildcards, imbalanced perks and weapons (which also sound like someone in the weapon is participating in the quick spitting competition, oh, and SMGs doesn't look to have recoil at all), etc. This list can be continued. Don't buy this game. RIP Call of Duty. Expand
  52. Sep 2, 2013
    I don't know why does this game exist. It's ugly, even in full settings we can compare it to bioshock 1 or crysis 1. It's not funny. It introduces no innovation. It has a ridiculous plot and several ends to the campaign to improve the life expectancy but no one wants to do this twice. The multiplayer is dreadful, it recycles some MW2's weapons. The concept of the future is just a pretext to say to the world "we take risks! we innovate!". To finish with I'll say that this game is like a drug: it's harmful, useless, makes bad trips but we can't stop playing again and again until we uninstall it. Expand
  53. Sep 1, 2013
    Its the same as every other CoD ever made. The mechanics are boring. All the guns feel the same. And the single player campaign is crap. The community sucks. If I want to get yelled at by children then I'd become a parent. If you own any other call of duty game, then don't buy this. If you don't, and enjoy generic, boring gameplay, then have fun playing with Pinocchio because you clearly don't exist. Expand
  54. Sep 1, 2013
    On consoles its just okay but on PC its horrible. The campaign is as bad as ever but even bloody worse than the 360 with bugs that weren't in the 360 or even PS3 versions are less buggy and the zombies mode and multiplayer is bad because of no split-screen and online its totally for n00bs and no dedicated servers on a PC game WTF and i bloody payed £40 for it
  55. Aug 30, 2013
    This game barely scrapes by on a four out of ten. The single-player mode was okay, but was short and could have been extended quite a bit more. The multi-player mode, however is what drags this game through the dirt. I have what I consider a fast laptop, and yet I had to update it as far as possible just for the game to run. And IF i manage to connect to a multi-player server, it's short-lived. Connection with this game is nigh on impossible and gives many numbers of errors for not connecting. Connection interrupted, lost connection to host, and you have been disconnected are the main messages I see. I wasted 60 dollars to buy a game that is unplayable. Expand
  56. Aug 30, 2013
    It should improve the gun sound. Now, it sound stupid :D
    like some sniper. some of it have ugly shape
    And make the gun look more realistic
    like in MW3 :D
  57. Aug 26, 2013
    Call of duty Black ops II is the same with other call of duty games.Big Battles, too many explosions make the game excessive.Its multiplayer is the same and the only things that changes it are scorestreaks,the new weapons and the new create a class system.The story of the game is good.What i can say about the zombies?In Black ops II zombies are very funny if you play with your friends.Unfortunately the maps are awfull.Too small that you can't move or escape from a zombie.Generally i believe that call of duty must change and they have to work harder and make a real call of duty game. Expand
  58. Aug 25, 2013
    Black Ops 2 can be a good multiplayer game, if luck is on your side.
    Because luck is what you need to get a good game going in the multiplayer mode. Where previous CoD versions had good or even half decent lag compensation, this game falls flat on it's face in that regard.
    Too many times will you empty half a clip in your enemy only to have him turn around and drop you like a fat chick
    on an American Idol audition.
    Now, it is claimed that the PC version of this game runs on dedicated servers hosted by Treyarch but you wouldn't really notice from experiencing how horrid the netcode in this game is.
    Couple that with not so great balance between the guns (SMG's, shotguns and LMG's rule the roost) and you're left with a pretty frustrating online experience.
    Singleplayer is the same formulaic (and too often boring) CoD experience and the addition of horribly boring strike force missions doesn't help in this regard.
    Call of Duty is on it's last legs and it shows, the total number of players you will see online at the busiest time of the day is around 15,000, people are done with this game and so am i.
    Time will tell if Ghosts will be better, but i wouldn't pre-order it if i were you.
  59. Aug 21, 2013
    totally garbage....i've played all cod games and so far cod 4 & black ops is best of them....
    now this series has become childish(graphic wise and gameplay wise)
    i am not going to buy any cod game again
  60. Aug 16, 2013
    This is a really bad game and marks the death hopefully of COD as we know it dictating a total revamp of the series. I got halfway through the campaign and even though I usually finish most games couldn't drag myself to the end of this and uninstalled it. Skip all the annoying Strikeforce missions which just detract from a nonsensical and poorly written story in the campaign. The campaign is tedious and just over the top and missions consist of you running around in overblown Hollywood epic cutscenes and your interaction with the story/mission is minimal. The first Black Ops although not requiring any intelligence (but then you don't play these games to further your intellect) was at least an enjoyable romp through bits of history. The flashbacks to the 80s are the only mildly entertaining aspect of this game, the action set in 2025 is just boring and often confusing, it would be nice if you could skip it and just play the 80s missions. Pick it up for $5 in a sale but otherwise DO NOT pay $60 it is DEFINITELY not worth it Expand
  61. Aug 15, 2013
    While this game is very addicting, I give this game a 3 for the fact that it's essentially the same game just with a twist. Still raging 12 year olds on MP after you kill them, same perks and killstreaks that just cause frustration after you've worked so hard to get then just to be killed by a camper. The weapons are all the same, they just all shoot really fast, hell, the shotguns can kill long range.... LONG RANGE FOR A SHOTGUN! And the snipers are even better at close range. And referring back to the kids screaming on the mic, on all of the servers I played on, they were saying that this is the most realistic game on the market, if you want realism in a military game, play ArmA 2! How is this game realistic? The die if you get knifed in the foot, no bullet drop, what so ever, perks that let you reload faster and not appear on a UAV, only 2 attachments allowed for your gun, the list goes on. This is possibly the most overrated game I have ever played, some how being more overrated than Zelda and Halo. Do not buy this game, spend your money on a good game like Half Life. Expand
  62. Aug 14, 2013
    I gave it a 6/10. Campaign basically tells how hard can life be when you're rich and all poor people hate you because of this, but it had a few good moments. About multiplayer... Even MW3 gave me more fun than that. Reaching highest level takes only few days of not-so-hardcore playing. SMGs are so overpowered I can rarely see someone with assaut rifle. Most of weapon modifications are useless. Although it is fun for first, let's say, month, the gameplay and annoying players in MP made me leave this game pretty quickly. In general, Call of Duty is neither the prettiest nor most realistic shooter, but until MW3 it used to be fun. I hope Infinity Ward will erase that bitter taste of disappointment with their next game. Expand
  63. Aug 12, 2013
    This is a very polished and smoothly running game. However, there is no point in playing it. Due to its netcode, skill or lag don't matter it's all about luck (e.g. see OvenBakedMuffin's YouTube video named BlackOps2 Misconceptions). In addition, the gameplay mechanics are quite broken. For best results, you should run around with a pistol. Do not attempt to play this game tactically. Don't worry if you completely suck at shooters this game is designed so that you will get kills anyway. Expand
  64. Aug 6, 2013
    Like all other Call of Duty games, they suck and is very unfair. This game for example, story mode is boring and stupid, multiplayer is unfair and poorly made, zombies is probably the only good thing in this stupid game
  65. Aug 6, 2013
    New mode,New zombie map~,and special score steak in mutilplayer is better~!.
    Graphics Good in PC!
    But strike forces mission AI is bad and hard to order.
  66. Jul 30, 2013
    Very disappointing singleplayer. Too easy, too short, generic, pseudo hollywood presentation which contrasts with the rather outdated graphics. The multiplayer is not much better, entertaining for a few hours, but very hectical and spammed with hackers only two months after initial release. My last purchase in the Call of Duty franchise, a series which has gotten more and more repetitive and has been deteriorating with every release since Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. Expand
  67. Jul 29, 2013
    LOL, its obvious that Activision, Treyarch, and Infinity Ward has bought critics to give them positive score. Just LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL..........
  68. Jul 28, 2013
    It's the exact same as last year and as usual somehow took two years to market and another year to make work correctly.
    Now to be honest it's true, same thing since Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, same engine, several powerful guns, several useless guns, and the rest are just there. The story as normal is pointless to play unless if you want to perfect the game, at least this year you can
    influece said story and have a slightly different ending. Side-quest mode (AKA Zombies) is the same thing from Black Ops 1, only this time you can build stuff and that the characters are new, yet this time forgetable. I can say though that I enjoyed Mob of the Dead, finally providing a challenge to survive. Finally the thing that makes all of the cal of duty fans go crazy, the broken and useless multiplayer. I'm actually pretty good at it (2.27 Kills to Death Ratio and a 1.21 Win to Loss Ratio) and I still do not enjoy myself when I play it, it's a torture to play even when you are good, somehow though this game keeps a massive fan boy following. I've played both the console and PC editions and none of them are any different, and that's to be expected since Activision is too busy eiter working on another series of pointless and bad cash ins, or the next Call of Duty. My personal opinion, if you want a Call of Duty game, buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: World at War, together thay are half the price of Black Ops 2 and are both exceedingly better than this years rehash. And a Fun Fact, the graphics are actually worse than World at War somehow, go figure. Expand
  69. Jul 27, 2013
    Game is fine... Probably most of you are console players... Games on consoles are always On the PC the game is fun! :P I don't see why people always about the graphics.. At least you can play the game on a 200 dollar laptop... And if you're on vacation and there is nothing to do at least your play the game. Common stop crying, if you don't like CoD then why you buy it? Same people all the time...

1 Buy
    2 ****
    3 Cry
    4 Repeat step 1.

Oh ya: 150 200 FPS. While recording /w fraps.
  70. Jul 26, 2013
    Honestly, I have never been a fan of the Call of Duty series. I have quite a few friends who play it and I have seen the game play a lot. It looks quite similar to the previous games. I decided to try Black Ops 2 while it was on free weekend on steam. I managed to get up to rank 34 quite easily (with double xp). There is not much of a challenge to be honest. The campaign was too short and boring
  71. Jul 26, 2013
    its the same damn game you bought last freaking year waste of any tiny piece of money you spend on it
    just buy world at war because that was better than this rehash of a game
  72. Jul 25, 2013
    Great game. Love it from head to tow. The campaign was fun and multiplayer is even funner. i also like how it brought us into the future with new weapons, traits and storylines.
  73. Jul 22, 2013
    Yes you should not spend 60 bucks on the campaign alone but the multiplayer gives hours of playtime with a significantly improved system that lets you continually move up in the world rankings.
  74. Jul 21, 2013
    Not the best call of duty in franchise. Lets be honest. I dont like call of duty I realy don't. But that game is not 0 out of 10. The game is actualy not bad. Its actualy worth to play if you haven't buy any call of duty yet. If you don't own any call of duty after from call of duty 4 modern warfare youc an actualy buy this gam You might like it. How ever People are coming to hate on the game. This isn't a comment section this is revieve. No such things new. A cloack perk added to campaing (single player) Multiplayer is prety fun tought. Is it the best call of duty game? Absaloutly not. But still a game to play when you are actualy bored. Expand
  75. Jul 21, 2013
    As well all know, Call Of Duty is the best game series ever created. The Big Daddy's paired with the Little Sisters is great and creepy combo. The atmosphere is that of a real warzone, with pace and action galore. I really enjoyed the partnership between Alyx and Gordon in the Half-Life series but that is just me. Call Of Duty: Black Ops II has some of the greates graphics on the PlayStation 2. Blending fast cutscenes with frantic fighting segments against, who else?! The Russians. Overall, The Last Of Us is a great game.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops II gets: 10/10.
  76. Jul 16, 2013
    Bad game Be ready to run across the map in 5 seconds becouse autistic cod kids need to be shooting every second else the game sucks Weapons sound bad graphics still suck maps still suck unrealistic wep camos lower the score by 2
  77. Jul 13, 2013
    Single player is "ok"... But Multiplayer is just too bad. The only decent game was CoD4, but after that, it went downhill. I don't see a reason in buying any CoD. The reason BF4 has way more pre-orders than Ghosts says enough.
  78. Jul 8, 2013
    Modern Warfare 3 was great. But Black Ops 2 is a big DLC game. New cammo PAY,maps? PAY.
    Flags for your card PAY. This is terrible.
    Treyarch go home.
  79. Jul 8, 2013
    Amazing game if you have played call of duty black ops you will love this game the graphics are 100 times better and ever map is even more fun then the others so that's all i have to say I don't want to make this too long because no ones gonna read a whole 4 paragraph speech about this game so yeah awesome game if you want it buy it no need to rent you will love it, it may take a little time to get the hang of it but in the end it is a lot of fun!!! Expand
  80. Jul 5, 2013
    Call of Duty Black Ops 2 reinvents combat in 2025 and defies the graphics of today's games, no matter on any counsel PC to Xbox from PS3 to Wii U Call of Duty Black Ops 2 makes a great game.
  81. Jul 5, 2013
    Bought this game on release date to this day i still havent played one single online match due to constant disconnects this is the very very last time i ever buy anything todo with call of duty ever again i seriously will have nuthing todo with anything call of duty do not buy this game under any circumstances just look at the user review scores save urself the money and go buy sumthing else
  82. Jul 4, 2013
    This game are real Broken pistol and Shotgun have power than Sub Machine GUN game not balanced match marking is worst in history of COD series. Thanks Tre$arc for make a real stupid and broken game.
  83. Jul 4, 2013
    I have to wonder why the directors of Black Ops 2 would make the campaign so unbearable that no one would ever want to attempt to play it again. The agony of sitting through boring and annoying story lines and constantly being stopped in action where you cannot control your character is beyond devastating. I hope no one actually wants to collect all the INTEL and obtain achievements because they won't let you go back and choose to replay the scene again. Even if you do, the pain of waiting on the stupid story to stop and start and stop and start again will most certainly remove any desire you had of wanting to play it in the first place. With that said, the potential is there to enjoy yourself as the campaign would be great otherwise. Too bad the people at Treyarch are not very smart and decided to be a-holes to the gaming community by wasting their time. I promise to never buy Treyarch products again in my lifetime if they do not add a patch to remove these story lines and just let up play the campaign as quickly as possible. I have combined about 400 hours on COD4 and MW2 single player campaigns because they are easy to enter and exit. I am at 9 hours with BO2 and only had 4 hours with BO. It is so difficult to enjoy something when idiots incorporate all the BS. Expand
  84. Jul 4, 2013
    This game is broken, After 3 patches this game still crash for no good reason. I had unstable issue with the first black ops and now this piece of is unplayable. Treyarch is a ****ty developer and all they care is the Xbox 360 version. The PC and PS3 is a very ****ty port. I will never buy anything from them again.
  85. Jul 3, 2013
    Discouragement and sadness, the game turned into a complete low-quality junk. The graphics in the game is outdated by 10 years at least, animation, physics, and low-quality secondary. Story line of low-quality and uninteresting. The game crashes in the same place all the time.
  86. Jul 2, 2013
    Seriously... the game never changes, they need to do something different with the game. The battlefield series changes sooo much each time keeping the game fresh, why can't call of duty do this, its not only Treyarch doing it but also Infinity Ward. I would have rather paid £50 for Minecraft than £10 on this game. Overall the campaign was better than the multiplayer because at least the story line changes a bit however the online never changes and at least there is Zombies which may account for a bit of the game but overall the game is terrible. Expand
  87. Jun 29, 2013
    Exactly the same as all other Call of Duties in history. The only differences are the maps, campaign and they have put in scorestreaks. But, it doesn't take away the fact that the multiplayer in this game is actually quite good if a bit laggy at times. I like how they have put in scorestreaks so you get good stuff for actually playing the objective instead of just killing people even though that isn't the aim of that game type. Aside from the quite good multiplayer this game is terrible, the campaign lacks a good storyline and Black Ops 2 struggles to bring anything new to the table. 5/10 Expand
  88. Jun 24, 2013
    Still same, boring Call of Duty which, to be honest, is worse than other parts. Graphics looks very bad compared to any new FPS. Multiplayer is ridiculous with laser sights (you even don't have to aim trough sights because hipfire have 100% accuracy), unbalanced weapons and too big blast radius. BO2 has the worst gameplay of all CoD games. Better buy CoD4 instead.
  89. Jun 21, 2013
    GOD THIS GAME IS BORING. The single player is just your generic shoot everything that moves and the multiplayer is so simple that playing it causes your brain cells to die. There is no punishment in the multiplayer so you never really feel like your being challenged and you will quickly get tired of the small and simple maps.
  90. Jun 19, 2013
    Let's be honest: Call of Duty is highly overrated yet highly underrated. Black Ops II seems to try to wipe away the series's flaws. It adds RPG elements to the campaign in the form of split decision making (go left or right for example). HOWEVER, Call of Duty: Black Ops II is just a reskin. Sure, it adds tokens to buy weapons, perks, wildcards (a new feature which allow you to have extra abilities), and attachments. Despite this, everything seems......bland and familiar. I've had great fun with friends and family members playing this game, but, like every game after CoD: MW2, just pulls the wool over our eyes. CoD 4's success and Black Ops's relative success were the only things driving this game. We all should know. In fact, we ALL know. We are just in denial. Expand
  91. Jun 18, 2013
    I hate how cods have progressed into a yearly title. The story line was low quality, full of plot holes, and repedetive, the only reason for this game is the multiplayer and Zombies. Even then the online gameplay is more of the same.
  92. Jun 17, 2013
    Who, how and why is comparing this game to Counter Strike? I bet most of fanatics of this game are children whom never seen different game then this one. No recoil, no objective, no point. Waste of time and money. Even as big fan of FPS I can tell, this game is not worth any attention.
  93. Jun 15, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 brings nothing new to the table, with a bland and uninspired story. I quickly found myself bored in the middle of level two, and I didn't even bother starting level three. It honestly has nothing redeemable.
  94. Jun 11, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is a game which tries to be original but ends up being another good shooter.
    Concept: 6/10
    Graphics: 7/10
    Sound: 9/10
    Playability: 10/10
    Entertainment: 8/10
    Total Score: 7/10
  95. Jun 9, 2013
    ruined game. the first one was amazing, it was based on precision and skill in multiplier but now.... Even the zombie maps were ruined. all the maps look horrid, the background imaging is basic, and even the AI is terrible. the amount of money this corporation has they should be able to afford there own servers. not cheap out and use players as there servers. the fact the next game was announced a couple of days after the last DLC was made, proves how half ass'ed these are. small machine guns have more ammo, more damage, and better accuracy then an LMG. Great logic. Expand
  96. Jun 8, 2013
    Save your money don't buy this game pfff really disappointed I think the game's creators are laughing at us. I think they should create a map pack rather than releasing a second episode!
  97. Jun 3, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II is one of the worst game I've ever played in my life. Well, I am one of the most stupid person alive right now. I paid 120 bucks for this game. Spent 250 hours of IN-GAME time on this bullcrap. Until I met Battlefield. I run my games on a 3470 and 7970, so don't compare your "lousy cod graphics" to at least the Crysis (1) back in 2007. This game lacks the diversity of new things, and each year i am basically buying back the same game OVER AND OVER AGAIN. With just some newer (and boring) things over and over again.

I love the irony in the Xbox ONE live reveal show, I spent 3 hours of my life hearing to TV shows, how to navigate with the Xbox one, then comes the Call of Duty: Ghosts reveal.

Mantling like in BF3, slide like in Crysis and swim through fishes like in Mario. Like seriously, the engine is still the same f*cking engine. No way on Earth am I purchasing the game if it doesn't have a bigger fanbase in my region.

IW, TREYARCH, ACTIVISION, the 3 MOST EVIL COMPANIES TO EVER EXIST.

(Btw guys, don't ever listen to critics like IGN, you hear it from the majority of the players (us) in the community and User section of this website. They are paid to give higher ratings. 9.3 from IGN for CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 2??!! WHAT A BIG FAT LIE)
  98. Jun 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well, lets see, the system requirements went up, but the graphics got worse. The campaign is stupid, no focus on Reznov after the "Reznov is dead or is he?" code in Black Ops 1. Depending on your actions, Mason may show up years later with no explanation as to where he has been for like 30 years. The rest of the campaign is just full of boring futuristic stuff. The multiplayer had awful maps, there weren't really any irritating weapons except for a handful of things that could lead you to mistake for hacks. The game was generally boring and was a terrible follow up to Black Ops 1. Expand
  99. May 31, 2013
    So, let's start from a 10 and reduce it by it's flaws: Overused series with no change -3 Poor engine (bugs, horrible sound and graphics) -2 Easily hackable multiplayer -1 Unoriginal campaign with stupid and hard to control gimmicks -1 Boring gameplay -2 So in the end, I would say it deserves nothing more than a 1/10. Even then there's a lot more flaws; DLC with very little content for HUGE price
    Horrible fanbase (greatly affects multiplayer)
    Server problems (different players not in sync)
    Lack of response from Activision (has there been any patch? If yes they didn't fix anything)
    60$ price for a game which relies only on the multiplayer (without good solo, should be about 40$)

So if you are looking for a FPS, don't waste your 60$ on this, you will get very little satisfaction.
  100. May 30, 2013
    Single player is unique to the COD games with the inclusion of an actually good story with critical player choices and engaging gunplay.
    Multiplayer provides a similar feel to previous games but with the inclusion of the pick 10 class system which is awesome for those who are creative.
    Zombies is the best its ever been, Tranzit is amazing, having a bus as a progressive and adventurous
    objective is some what extremely addictive and entertaining with a group of up to 3 people working together. It also offers a part collecting objective that rewards players with useful tools such as a Zombie Shield looks like a riot shield) or an AI controlled turret to assist you with surviving the ongoing waves of the undead.
    Black Ops 2 offers a unique and engaging experience for all three well developed aspects of the game. I commend Treyarch for trying something new.
  101. Nov 26, 2012
    This game surpassed all of the action and excitement in Black Ops I. The story line isn't unique, but it still holds your interest. The game play is great, with a large variety of weapons and platforms. My only critique is that there were too many lengthy cut scenes and flash backs and not enough sustained action, especially during the first half of the main story. Overall, this is one of the few games that, in my view, is worth the opening day price. Collapse

1. Dec 30, 2012
    The Corn Flakes of multiplayer first-person shooters. We've been sick of eating it for some time, now. [Jan 2013, p.80, 81]
    Black Ops II brings evolution to the series unfortunately, the evolution that is incomplete. Only one part of the game deserves a top ranking – multiplayer. [Christmas 2012]
  3. Dec 12, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops II is saved by its multiplayer, as the campaign has surprisingly too many bad sections. Maybe now it's time to move on? [Dec 2012]