Call of Duty: Black Ops II PC

4.1

1. Jul 25, 2016
    The campaign is this game is good, but multiplayer is repetitive and boring.
    I wish COD wasn't yearly. I wish these took longer to make instead of being rushed.
  2. Jul 9, 2016
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II is a pleasing attempt to innovation. While I had numerous issues with the technical parts of the game -- the variety of weapons and engaging storyline of the campaign is what makes BO2 fascinating.
  3. Jun 22, 2016
    I dislike Call of Duty for a lot of reasons, but I've always enjoyed the campaigns, if for no other reason then they are impressive strings of scripted events. Carl on Duty: Black Cops II breaks the mold a bit by offering a branching story with at least three outcomes, and the possiblity to miss some events in one playthrough. I expected the much-discussed Strikeforce missions to cause meI dislike Call of Duty for a lot of reasons, but I've always enjoyed the campaigns, if for no other reason then they are impressive strings of scripted events. Carl on Duty: Black Cops II breaks the mold a bit by offering a branching story with at least three outcomes, and the possiblity to miss some events in one playthrough. I expected the much-discussed Strikeforce missions to cause me a lot of trouble, but they were in fact the easiest parts of the campaign, as most of your losses are replaced and you're not penalized for losing guys, which is kind of sad if you think about it. I also counted only two unecessary celebrity voice actors this time, so I guess more money went into actually developing the campaign. All that said, it suffers from the same problems that plague the entire series: stupid deaths, tiny health pool, marmalade-vision when damaged, limited variety of weapons, depressingly short vehicle segments and a sense of moral myopia that typically comes when trying desperately to portray America as the good guy while we go about policing the world and shooting Russians/Arabs/Latinos/(Insert non-American whites here). That said, Two Black ♥♥♥♥♥ manages to make its central characters seem equally morally justifiable, which is no small feat. Overall, it's a solid single-player experience, though I'm one of those weirdos who actually gives a ♥♥♥♥ about CoD's singleplayer. Treyarch proves themselves the superior CoD developer once again. On the other hand, it's Call of Duty. It's stock, it's short, it's overpriced and you could do a hell of a lot better. I enjoyed it, but those of a more refined palette may wish to look elsewhere. Expand
  4. Jun 4, 2016
    Absolutely stunning! the campaign is immersive and truly involving. The storytelling is brilliant, full of twist and very well written. The scenarios are innumerable and beautifully realized. The futuristics weapons are very fun to use! Huge effort by Trey-arch, all my praise to these phenomenal developers
  5. Apr 29, 2016
    Playing Call of Duty is like doing something over and over again. You notice new details every time, but soon there will be none to discover. Fortunately, Black Ops II has not reached that moment. Close, but not yet.
  6. Mar 24, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Вы не вникаете в сюжет....
    Куда катится этот мир!Все только и нужна эта "крутая графика"!
    Люди вы не вникли в сюжет,там много концовок!
    Эта игра супер!
  7. Mar 7, 2016
    Black Ops II was my first experience of Call of Duty on PC. Prior to playing on PC, I played A LOT of BO2 on Xbox 360 and also a fair amount on PS3. I purchased BO2 for PC about a year after it had been released, so I am unsure how the game played/performed at launch, but will share my current opinions below.

The one game mode that I immediately loved on PC was NukeJacked. This is a

The one game mode that I immediately loved on PC was NukeJacked. This is a PC-only playlist where Nuketown and Hijacked are the only maps in the rotation and every game mode is a possibility, from "Party Games" like Gun Game or Sticks & Stones, to Hardcore FFA or SnD. In addition, NukeJacked is Ground War-size lobbies (9v9), which adds to the chaos and fun!

The game is extremely well optimized and I can maintain FPS rates of 150+ with a GTX 970 graphics card, playing on almost the max settings. The game looks fantastic, especially when compared to the console versions of the game.

There is no aim or target assist for controllers in BO2 on PC. Depending on your opinion, this could be a good thing or a bad thing. I have many friends who will not buy this game for PC because they play with a controller and it is very difficult to compete with keyboard and mouse players without aim/target assist on your controller. Personally, I like that there was no aim/target assist because it kept the gunfights balanced; everyone is using the same keyboard and mouse interface. If aim assist for controllers was added, I'm sure the player count for Multiplayer would increase. Advanced Warfare and BO3 both have aim/target assist for controllers.

I have never played the campaign, so I have no review/opinion on that aspect of the game.

Pros:
    - Multiplayer is still very active
    - I have never once seen a hacker/modder in multiplayer
    - NukeJacked
    - Ability to mute all voice chat
    - Well optimized on PC
    - Dedicated servers for Multiplayer
    - Graphics details are great

Cons:
    - No text-chat in the intermission lobby
    - Most game modes are unpopulated. Only TDM, Domination, SnD, and NukeJacked have enough players to fill a lobby
    - League Play is completely dead on PC
    - LMG players running Target Finder + FMJ + Riot Shields on Hardcore NukeTown matches; you can aim at specific areas on the front of the building across the map and kill people from their spawn as they spawn-in.
  8. Jan 19, 2016
    I don't care about graphics. But they were bad. I did like the gameplay, though weaponry was sadly quite unbalanced. The multi-player is sort-of okay. Sort of.
  9. Dec 20, 2015
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  10. Dec 17, 2015
    Singleplayer is bad....
    Multiplayer is good....
    ....................................................
  12. Nov 8, 2015
    Good game with an unplayable port. DO NOT buy it for pc. I have a $1600 dollar gaming rig and this game runs pathetically. My computer has like 20x the power of either of the new consoles and they run it better then this. PLEASE STOP TREATING THE PC COMMUNITY SECOND HAND, STOP **** PORTS.
  13. Nov 7, 2015
    I believe this game is great it has fun zombies and intense multiplayer. The only problem for pc is the lag its not the computers it is the game, but i believe in a few months it will be fixed this is why I am giving a 8/10.
  14. Nov 6, 2015
    Black Ops 3 pulled an "Arkham Knight" with the PC launch. Terrible frame-rate, stuttering that will happen nearly all the time, and overall, it looks like a complete mess. It's almost like Treyarch out-sourced the PC port. DO NOT BUY ON PC. If you own PS3/4 or 360/One, buy the game on that platform instead.
  15. Sep 10, 2015
    It's that time of the year again folks. Treyarch proved themselves with Black Ops 1...proving they can make a better game than Infinity Ward can. Black Ops 2 is a great game. just not AS good as Black Ops 1. Unfortunately, they decided to abandon community run dedicated servers, which means no freedom, admins, etc. They also insist on making people use matchmaking with console style lobbies.
  16. Aug 31, 2015
    i dont know why the pc version of this game is getting negtive feedback. this game is great. the graphics the mulitplayer and the campaign. the zombies too. this is hands down the best call of duty ever made.
  17. Jul 25, 2015
    Best hit detection ever!!! Treyarch please learn to create an engine first! The maps and graphics also suck, not to mention the bugs in campaign mode. Black ops 1 was the first and last game i bought from treyarch!
  18. Jan 9, 2015
    not a great fan of call of duty but this is not bad. i cant realy play this game for hours like some people do but i can play for a bit. once again its not bad but not good. FPS , good multiplier , campaign is pointlessly violent , ok zombies
  19. Jan 8, 2015
    This game I rate 10. I mean, It's better at Console, but this game is actually amazing considering the age of it. You should get black ops 2 because the graphics, campaign, everything except the community is good. Now I say this because some players in this game might swear or call you names, But other than that it's amazing!
  20. Dec 18, 2014
    "The Shortest World War, Also Lame"
    -------------------------------------------------------
    "The Shortest World War, Also Lame"
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Black Ops 2. A sequel to 2011's Black Ops is set in the near future. You play as David Mason, son of the infamous Alex Mason (the protagonist from the first Black Ops game) accompanied by 3 other douchebags and 1 masked guy called "Crosby" who doesn't have any emotions. The game is filled with content which is as excepted.....BAD but the game still manages to be a good Call Of Duty game, one that will make us remember of the racist 12 year olds who somehow knows my mother and has slept with her.
    SINGLEPLAYER
    =============================
    PROS:
    + Contains Four Endings
    + You Can Select A Class Before Each Mission
    + Story Is Filled With Intense Action
    + One Level Lets You Control A Jet
    + Future Technologies Are Welcomed
    + Strike Force Missions
    + Challenge Unlocks Offers Replayability
    + Fairly Optimized To Run Well
    + Techno Score With Dubstep

CONS:
    - Lame Choices You Make Has Consequences
    - All Four Endings Are Nearly The Same
    - Constantly Jumps From The Past To Future
    - Strike Force Controls Can Be Messy
    - Graphically Terrible
    - Bad Lightning & Bloom
    - Game Forces You To Feel The Storyline Tension
    - Unsympathetic Characters
    - Too Many Plotholes For One Game
    - Too Many Cliches For One Game
    - Weapon Textures Looks Like Plastic
    MULTIPLAYER
    =============================
    PROS:
    + Balanced Progression System
    + Thankfully Has A Mute Option
    + Better Anti Cheating Options
    + Social Features
    + Theater Mode
    + Pick 10 System
    + Superb Nuketown Map
    + Tons Of Customization
    + Offline Bots
    + Wilcards

CONS:
    - Too Much Kid Friendly
    - No Dedicated Servers
    - Scorestreaks Are Not For Newcommers
    - Bad Hit Detection Guaranteed
    - Broken Spawn System
    - Too Many Bad, Unplayable Maps ============================= COOP ============================= PROS: + Variety Of Modes + Tranzit & Grief Mode CONS: - Does Not Do What It Does Best - Becomes Repetitive After A Few Hours - Great Atmosphere ============================= MAP PACKS ============================= PROS: + Uprising + Revolution CONS: - Vengeance - Apocalypse - Nuketown Zombies ======GAMESCORE: 7.2 - "GREEDY"======
  21. Nov 26, 2014
    Much, much better than its predecessor Black Ops. I love that it is variable and goes from 1960 to 2025. Another thing that I love is that the story has several endings.
  22. Nov 8, 2014
    OK graphics, but a bad game. I have tried online for a little time, and i gave up because of these horrible online maps. And those frustrating weapons with bad design... The voice acting on Black Ops 2 sounds unrealistic too.

I am not recommending you to try this game!
  23. Nov 5, 2014
    I dont understand other people opinion about this game. Theyre wrong about this game... Its the best game from Acitivision since Modern Warfare. The best graphic and okay! I agree that is old engine all the time... but the most important in game should be not graphic but only plot! Multiplayer have a lot of improvements in comparision with previous versions! New killstreaks, weapons,I dont understand other people opinion about this game. Theyre wrong about this game... Its the best game from Acitivision since Modern Warfare. The best graphic and okay! I agree that is old engine all the time... but the most important in game should be not graphic but only plot! Multiplayer have a lot of improvements in comparision with previous versions! New killstreaks, weapons, perks... All this things make that game a lot better! In my opinion this game is the best FPS shooter! Grpahics are amazing, optimization is very good and the zombie mode add to this game something which makes You: "WOW! Must play this!" and yeahh... this is true. Everyone must play this game and check it yourself! Dont listen opinions from Battlefield fans that this game is **** im not fan of COD but this title get 10 score from me and every really players on the world!
    +Graphics;
    +Optimization;
    +Music (amazing soundtrack!);
    +Plot;
    +Multiplayer and zombie mode;
    +Scripts, scripts + scripts! Hollywood movie!;
    Ng1n3eR SCORE - 10/10
  24. Nov 2, 2014
    This game is amazing, and in my opinion, the best Call of Duty. Most CoD games, I give up on within a few months, but I have stuck with this game for 2 years now. The PC port is really great, Multiplayer is fun and addictive as always, Zombies is great fun, and the campaign is not bad. Yes it has it's issues, but if you're going to buy a call of duty on PC, this is the one. If you don'tThis game is amazing, and in my opinion, the best Call of Duty. Most CoD games, I give up on within a few months, but I have stuck with this game for 2 years now. The PC port is really great, Multiplayer is fun and addictive as always, Zombies is great fun, and the campaign is not bad. Yes it has it's issues, but if you're going to buy a call of duty on PC, this is the one. If you don't enjoy CoD gameplay, don't get it. Expand
  25. Nov 1, 2014
    PROS & CONS
    ----
    PROS
    -----
    - Really Fun Multiplayer
    - Tons Of DLC
    - Quick Scoping
    - NUKETOWN!!! :DDDD
    CONS
    -----
    - Zombie Mode Is Boring As ****
    - Campaign Is Boring

----
    VERDICT
    One of the best COD games of all time! Definitely one of my most favorite games ever.
  26. Oct 20, 2014
    After wating a long while to buy this game I finally took the plunge. Bad move. I have been playing video games since Pong and though I may not be an expert, I know what I like.

I also know that this is the absolute worst game I have played in the last decade... maybe longer. Crap story, crap graphics and worse gameplay. Lockups, freezing screens, slow - laggy cutscenes.. and

Crap story, crap graphics and worse gameplay. Lockups, freezing screens, slow - laggy cutscenes.. and speaking of cutscenes, how stupid can they get? There's one that is nothing but blurry images and wastes a few minutes of your day every time it loads.. God-forbid you happen to save there and have to restart... There should be a way to exit out of them at the very least as they do little to add to the story and a few don't need to be there at all. The worst interaction with surrounding goods that I have ever seen. Riding a horse is little different than flying a F38? Really?

I will never, ever, ever buy anything COD again.... ever.

Ever.
  27. Oct 3, 2014
    It's not a terrible game. In terms of graphics it's pretty darn good. I wouldn't say this is the worst call of duty ever released, though it may not be the best.
  28. Sep 29, 2014
    Once again fooled by the trickery activision, same as ever before, nothing new. Oh I know theres this new kill streak award or this new gun or what ever, but let me ask. Is it really worth the money? Is the single player really anything new? both answers are no. Don't get cod, its just an repeat. and oh yeah judging a game by its graphics is like judging a book by its cover.
  29. Sep 4, 2014
    The graphics of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 falls short, the singleplayer campaign is a bit short and the co-op mode isn't diversified but the multiplayer is very innovative, fun and balanced. I see Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 as one of the best in the CoD series.
  30. Sep 3, 2014
    For me this game was second CoD i played. The first one was CoD 2, so i cant say if this game is copy paste from past CoD games. The game as whole is good, i really dont get the bad score, the single player is solid and multi player is not bad either. The main problem in single player are the past missions, witch are boring, the sci-fi missions are good, but i dont know why they made theseFor me this game was second CoD i played. The first one was CoD 2, so i cant say if this game is copy paste from past CoD games. The game as whole is good, i really dont get the bad score, the single player is solid and multi player is not bad either. The main problem in single player are the past missions, witch are boring, the sci-fi missions are good, but i dont know why they made these flash back missions. Expand

1. PC PowerPlay
    Dec 30, 2012
    The Corn Flakes of multiplayer first-person shooters. We've been sick of eating it for some time, now. [Jan 2013, p.80, 81]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Dec 21, 2012
    Black Ops II brings evolution to the series unfortunately, the evolution that is incomplete. Only one part of the game deserves a top ranking – multiplayer. [Christmas 2012]
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Dec 12, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops II is saved by its multiplayer, as the campaign has surprisingly too many bad sections. Maybe now it's time to move on? [Dec 2012]