3.8

1. Jun 16, 2014
    All though this game was fun for a little, it went dull when I reached the highest level. Every month they come out with new stuff, which is very cool but you have to buy a "skin" for 5.00. Although call of duty is known for that it is just way to much. Aside all the money grabbing, this game had a good story and I enjoyed it.
  2. Jun 3, 2014
    Call of Duty series always made me feel like it was more of a modern warfare combat instead of all the Alien/Advance weapon crap other games throw in for you. However, Call of Duty: Black Ops II was so disappointing that I wanted to get a refund for it. Don't ever waste your money on this game unless its a buy one get one free or something. The story of the game is what deserves a 1, everything else. -10 Expand
  3. May 31, 2014
    I was very disappointed when I bought this game. The maps were quite bad and the game has simply gotten too noob friendly.
    I used to be a big fan of the call of duty game, but this is the last CoD game I will ever buy. The people behind the call of duty series don't seem to care much about the people who buy the game.
  4. Apr 25, 2014
    SP is not enjoyable because you have to choose between AI that wont hit you even if you slowly walk up to them, or AI that will AimBot you the second you peek around a corner.
    The MP can't be enjoyed because it is based on chance, not skill. A game which makes noobtubes and running around knifing everyone even possible is a game that will be exploited by **** Normal players who want to
    play with skills and real strategy have no place here because the **** outnumber them twenty to one. Expand
  5. Apr 6, 2014
    This game is the same like every CoD Bo1 nothing new! Graphics and level design are terrible...
    The Singleplayer is extreme boring the Multiplayer (Gameplay) is bad and only kiddis play this game!
    2 Points because the Zombie Mode is cool but to easy
  6. Mar 15, 2014
    Terribly boring, and definitely not worth the price.
    The game is basically this: Very long cutscene -> short action -> Very, very long cutscene -> short action -> Incredibly long cutscene -> short action -> Endless cutscene during which you forget you're playing a game -> short action... (ad nauseam).
    Everything seems more and more dumbed down and repetitive, as is the tendency for games
    nowadays, and I see nothing new when compared to older titles. A waste of my money. Expand
  7. Jan 23, 2014
    The reason I have scored Black Ops II by Activision a low score is because after playing the game and getting to 2nd prestige I decided to upgrade my PC and then reinstall Black Ops II. Before reinstalling I checked to make sure that the game was saved, and according to Activision the game is saved online. But after reinstalling my game I found that my rank had been reset to 0. I contacted customer support but would they not do anything about it. So basically I have been shafted by Activision. A well deserved 0 score from yet another player who had his stats reset for no reason. I am now certain that I am not the only one, and there are plenty of other reports of this happening. Also now I know that these reports are true. It's possible it happens to everyone who plays this game. Expand
  8. Jan 12, 2014
    The multiplayer is trash unbalenced, awful hit detection,lag, boring campaign , **** zombies, and all the dlcs were a copy from BO1 and the fact its the **** SAME GAME FROM COD 4!!!!!!!!
  9. Jan 5, 2014
    Black ops II, um no thanks. Not a fan of Treyarch developers period. If you want a real good CoD game stick with Infinity Ward developers..the original developers since the very first CoD. Black Ops games use a modified version of the IW engine, and personally they really screwed the pooch altering it. The last good CoD games are the original Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2. Treyarch just doesn't do a good job in balancing mechanics, maps, physics, etc. It feels odd and blah compared to Infinity Ward's design, it feels cheap. My recommendations for a CoD game for multiplayer..MW1,MW2,MW3. Stay away from black ops, that's coming from a person that has played them all completely through online. Expand
  10. Jan 4, 2014
    This game is horrible. Black Ops 2 is almost like an overpriced DLC for MW3 or BLOPS 1.
    Treyarch still decided to go with the same ugly engine from Call of Duty 4, the single player campaign is very repetitive with a boring story and the multiplayer doesn't have any dedicated servers and isn't any better. The textures look awful and the game is a really bad console port. The Call of Duty
    series have since a long time died and this is probably the last time I'll buy a game from the franchise. Expand
  11. Dec 27, 2013
    With a horrendous campaign, not many changes from the previous entries in the series, a few removed game types/modes and bad graphics (for a AAA title), the only reason to purchase this game would be for the multiplayer and/or zombies mode. While it's fun and addictive, the multiplayer is almost exactly the same as previous titles in the franchise. There's different maps, weapons, killstreaks and titles, but still the game is very similar to other Call of Duty games. I also thought the emblem creator was awful. I liked the pre-made emblems much more, and to me it felt like the developers wanted to put less effort into the callsigns. Zombies mode was fun, but I barely played it, so I don't have much to say about it.

The game is FUN, but nothing else. Oh, and if you're playing online, you might want to mute some of the players, as there are many underage players.
  12. Nov 30, 2013
    Im very dissapointed. The terrible coding in "Zombies" make it unpossible to enjoy. The multiplayer doesnt feel verry fluent and The matchmaking is just the WORST. I have a PC that runs Crysis 3 on Ultra, but the Graphics (Textures) are realy ugly. I would defenetly NOT recommend this game. Its a waste of money.
  13. Nov 23, 2013
    Another recycled Call of Duty game, it was ok for 2 days, then it got boring and repetitive. I see you first, you die. If you want a real fps, you should try something else.
  14. Nov 23, 2013
    I've played CoD W@W,MW2,BO,MW3,BO2... and this is pretty much the same run-n-gun arcade shooter throughout their franchise. Now I mainly play for multiplayer, and can say it's the same old stuff, nothing wrong with that.
    There is a broken point perk system, as used in Treyarch's BO2, so if you're not a fan of that, then that might be a negative for you. Though, the same old 1 host
    advantage lobbies are being used once again, which can and will lead to laggy games, due to being forced to play against people probably not even close to your area.
    Graphics look nice, only if you max out all the settings. There's no in-game option to change field of view, there are mods available but there is uncertainty at the moment whether they are allowed without punishment/ban. All you get for audio options is a level bar to increase or decrease volume. Unlike BO1 & BO2 where you have different audio presets, and can even lower down the volume of annoying voice overs and music.
    As I said, this is the same gameplay as the previous games, whether they were IW or Treyarch, and I still have fun with that. So why such a low score? Well, I suppose this might not be IW fault completely, but there is weak PC community for this game. On average, there are 8K players online, other times under 4K, on good days 18K, and 30K on a rare sunny day. I honestly don't know if those are average numbers for a call of duty game on PC, being that it is my first one on PC. Without dedicated servers, and the previous 6GB RAM requirement (now patched to 4GB), people probably decided to pass on this or just decided to move on to consoles (which average +400K players online), sadly. Cannot recommend, if ever, I would suggest wait till steam itself has a free to play weekend, maybe by then you could see it's same old same old, but without anybody to play with, at least in PC case.
  15. Nov 13, 2013
    Still selling for $60 on Steam, that is a complete disappointment, it's a decent game, at a horrendous price. Don't buy it unless it's on a big sale. I would pay $30 or less for this game. (BO2 also has pretty bad graphics for a game made recently.)
  16. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of duty did it again:
    Releasing the same game which naive people will buy again.
    It is a very disappointing game if you played the series for a long time.
    It has almost no innovation at all. The highly praised by the marketing team next gen engine is just a bit prettier than MW3. Single player is decent, but only if you don't get tired of linear map design.
  17. Nov 5, 2013
    Garbage. Not much left to say. Sick requirements, blocked FOV, broken preload, maps, graphics like in 2008 game, no changes in gameplay and no revolution in any way.
  18. Nov 4, 2013
    The game is horrible, its the same as it's previous games. Gameplay's the same, Game engine's the same, it aint DX11... its still DX9.0c.. no physics, nothing. The only good thing is that it runs on Intel HD cards. The future war of the game feels like a mix of Crysis and BF2142. The sound of the game is pants, bullets are more quiet than the soundtracks, and if you ask me, the soundtracks are really cheap! atleast the zombie mod is better than the previous. This game is just a marketing trick of Acitivision, same thing as EA or Apple is doing... marketing crap for high prices. It was nothing but a waste of my time! COD series is dead... Expand
  19. Oct 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Call of Duty: Black Ops II is the obvious sequel to Call of Duty: Black Ops. The game is split into three modes;
    Campaign
    Multi-player
    and Zombies

The campaign gives you the role of playing as a person. I can't remember the protagonists name, because it's so bland. The story is pretty much the same as Modern Warfare 3, but somewhere down the line Treyarch went "we need dem feels in the game, guys" and added an extra story mechanic of the protagonists father was shot by his friend. And the actual story we were told about in E3 starts at the second to last level, which ruins the whole game. The Multi-Player is the same, with normal players stuck between TryHard's and Pro Snipers. And they have nearly ruined the only thing keeping the series alive, Zombies. This time the characters are forgettable, unlike their original counterparts who I still love as a zombie player. The gamemode only still lives thanks to its final DLC, Apocalypse, that brought back Dempsy, Roctoffen, Nickolai and Takeo, and adding a brilliant twist to the storyline. Overall the game is a forgettable mess, that I'm giving a three to so Medal of Honor: Warfighter still has a lower score.
  20. Oct 28, 2013
    Worst game I every played... The single player is good but the multiplayer... In multiplayer with a sniper you can jump and do a 360 and shoot headshot.
  21. Oct 22, 2013
    OMG BEST GAME EVVVER, LOVE THE PART WHEN YOU KILL PEOPLE, 360 NO SCOPE!!!!!! SO MUCH FUNN. Love all the 8 year olds on online btw. Me Luve tihs GAAAMMMMME IT SO FUUUN, BEST. ME SOOOO GOOD AT IT
  22. Oct 21, 2013
    Disgusting animations, horrible sound effects, terrible graphics, short campaign, outright boring multiplayer, guns feel like airsoft guns, community mostly consist of retarded 8 year olds, zombie mode if you want zombies play L4D2, it's way better), this game is 60€ and the game hasn't changed at all so you might as well buy CoD 4 which is basically the same game.
  23. Oct 16, 2013
    Singleplayer: Story is unintrestng and predictable, gameplay is the same as last year and too short.
    Multiplayer: the devs pretty much put everything in multiplayer so unless you have steady internet connection you're gonna have a bad time, after 2 years the game will be filled with cheaters,campers etc.
    gameplay once again same as last year, filled with kids from 6 to 14 yelling

zombies: boring and repetetive maps are not nearly as good as last year although satisfying to mow down a of zombies coming after you'd get the same enjoyment out of blending lemons to throw in your eyes after seeing this game play out
  24. Oct 3, 2013
    Oh im just been informed this isn't just Black Ops with a texture pack. Surprising. The story is all over the place, there is no characterization, and everything is predictable. Level design is horrible and has you running through halls. There are some changes in multiplayer which make it even less balanced. there is one change that is good, but it isn't worth 60 dollars.
  25. Sep 26, 2013
    Exactly like every other CoD in game play, just like the last one. Bad storyline, but that's no surprise. Move on to Zombies. Just like W.A.W. or Bl.Ops 1. Multi-player, rinse and repeated like the rest of the CoD games.
  26. Sep 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SP
    The singleplayer to be honest is pretty average. I liked how the game was non-linear and there were different endings. Although non-linear is kind of generous. It was basically kill or don't kill, but i feed a sense of satisfaction after getting the best possible ending.
    MP
    The multiplayer? Well the maps are good AND bad. The maps are good, as in good variety of colour and detail, but there are CRAPTONNES of camping spots. I don't know what's wrong with the COD community these days but they need to grow some balls and stop camping. The spawning is also I can't tell you how many times i got killed by someone spawning 5 metres behind me. Treyarch really need to pick up their The hit detection is also bull****, either that or that all my guns are equipped with paper bullets, because i pump a whole clip into an enemy and they don't die, whereas they shoot one burst into me and I die. Most annoying feature in the game. I don't even think they have a system that checks whether you spawn next to an enemy, you just spawn somewhere near an ally and that's that. The weapon sounds are also terrible. When I shoot a gun I want it to sound like I'm shooting a gun, not whatever sounds the "futuristic" guns sound like. Seriously is 10 years really going to make THAT much of a difference? Look at 2002 and 2012. I don't really think there was that much difference between warfare.
  27. Sep 21, 2013
    This game is crap.
    The same generic gameplay since MW1, you are surrounded be 4 years n00b kids, crying on every single thing you do.
    Hackers, cheaters, aimbots, and the poor match making, no dedicated servers.
    I was banned from this game because people thought i was a hacker, i had 32 kills and 5 deaths.
    Graphics from 2006, very old engine (a very modified version of Quake Engine).

Not a full game, DLC's 15 each, the maps are small like hell.
    Please, dont waste your 60 save your bucks for some other good things
  28. Sep 19, 2013
    One really has to both commend Treyarch, as well as bewilderingly question how they managed to make a AAA-budget Call of Duty title, look, feel, and play like a low budget Call of Duty clone.
  29. Sep 18, 2013
    One of the worst shooters I've ever played. I'm extremely sorry I got this even on sale from Steam. It's the exact same as every other Call of Duty game with nothing that makes it stand out as worth the money.
  30. Sep 15, 2013
    This game is repetitive boring and is just another addition to the cod franchise which is constructed by really repetitive games The single player is not worth mentioning and the multiplayer is just boring The dlc's are either crappy maps that nobody will remember or maps from black ops 1 which was one of the best call of duty games in my opinion

1. Dec 30, 2012
    The Corn Flakes of multiplayer first-person shooters. We've been sick of eating it for some time, now. [Jan 2013, p.80, 81]
    Black Ops II brings evolution to the series unfortunately, the evolution that is incomplete. Only one part of the game deserves a top ranking – multiplayer. [Christmas 2012]
  3. Dec 12, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops II is saved by its multiplayer, as the campaign has surprisingly too many bad sections. Maybe now it's time to move on? [Dec 2012]