Call of Duty: Black Ops II PC

4.1

1. Jul 25, 2016
    The campaign is this game is good, but multiplayer is repetitive and boring.
    I wish COD wasn't yearly. I wish these took longer to make instead of being rushed.
  2. Apr 29, 2016
    Playing Call of Duty is like doing something over and over again. You notice new details every time, but soon there will be none to discover. Fortunately, Black Ops II has not reached that moment. Close, but not yet.
  3. Dec 1, 2015
    .................................................
    Singleplayer is bad....
    Multiplayer is good....
    ....................................................
  4. Jan 9, 2015
    not a great fan of call of duty but this is not bad. i cant realy play this game for hours like some people do but i can play for a bit. once again its not bad but not good. FPS , good multiplier , campaign is pointlessly violent , ok zombies
  5. Dec 18, 2014
    "The Shortest World War, Also Lame"
    -------------------------------------------------------
    "The Shortest World War, Also Lame"
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Black Ops 2. A sequel to 2011's Black Ops is set in the near future. You play as David Mason, son of the infamous Alex Mason (the protagonist from the first Black Ops game) accompanied by 3 other douchebags and 1 masked guy called "Crosby" who doesn't have any emotions. The game is filled with content which is as excepted.....BAD but the game still manages to be a good Call Of Duty game, one that will make us remember of the racist 12 year olds who somehow knows my mother and has slept with her.
    SINGLEPLAYER
    =============================
    PROS:
    + Contains Four Endings
    + You Can Select A Class Before Each Mission
    + Story Is Filled With Intense Action
    + One Level Lets You Control A Jet
    + Future Technologies Are Welcomed
    + Strike Force Missions
    + Challenge Unlocks Offers Replayability
    + Fairly Optimized To Run Well
    + Techno Score With Dubstep

CONS:
    - Lame Choices You Make Has Consequences
    - All Four Endings Are Nearly The Same
    - Constantly Jumps From The Past To Future
    - Strike Force Controls Can Be Messy
    - Graphically Terrible
    - Bad Lightning & Bloom
    - Game Forces You To Feel The Storyline Tension
    - Unsympathetic Characters
    - Too Many Plotholes For One Game
    - Too Many Cliches For One Game
    - Weapon Textures Looks Like Plastic
    MULTIPLAYER
    =============================
    PROS:
    + Balanced Progression System
    + Thankfully Has A Mute Option
    + Better Anti Cheating Options
    + Social Features
    + Theater Mode
    + Pick 10 System
    + Superb Nuketown Map
    + Tons Of Customization
    + Offline Bots
    + Wilcards

CONS:
    - Too Much Kid Friendly
    - No Dedicated Servers
    - Scorestreaks Are Not For Newcommers
    - Bad Hit Detection Guaranteed
    - Broken Spawn System
    - Too Many Bad, Unplayable Maps ============================= COOP ============================= PROS: + Variety Of Modes + Tranzit & Grief Mode CONS: - Does Not Do What It Does Best - Becomes Repetitive After A Few Hours - Great Atmosphere ============================= MAP PACKS ============================= PROS: + Uprising + Revolution CONS: - Vengeance - Apocalypse - Nuketown Zombies ======GAMESCORE: 7.2 - "GREEDY"======
  6. Sep 3, 2014
    For me this game was second CoD i played. The first one was CoD 2, so i cant say if this game is copy paste from past CoD games. The game as whole is good, i really dont get the bad score, the single player is solid and multi player is not bad either. The main problem in single player are the past missions, witch are boring, the sci-fi missions are good, but i dont know why they made theseFor me this game was second CoD i played. The first one was CoD 2, so i cant say if this game is copy paste from past CoD games. The game as whole is good, i really dont get the bad score, the single player is solid and multi player is not bad either. The main problem in single player are the past missions, witch are boring, the sci-fi missions are good, but i dont know why they made these flash back missions. Expand
  7. Mar 9, 2014
    The reason for making a new version is to make it better than the first. This game is okay but I don't like it. It has nothing special unlike the first.
  8. Jan 3, 2014
    Almost the same story as FIFA but at least CoD it has changes (sometimes...Story)
    Graphics are decent but not the best and multiplayer is monotonic and boring
  9. Nov 28, 2013
    Like all call of duty games, the singleplayer is short and linear, and the multiplayer gets tedious and boring. However, Treyarch have at least tried to innovate, with adding choices to the singleplayer, and adding the strike force missions. None of the multiplayer maps are that entertaining to play apart from nuketown and with that map being previously available in Black Ops 1, TreyarchLike all call of duty games, the singleplayer is short and linear, and the multiplayer gets tedious and boring. However, Treyarch have at least tried to innovate, with adding choices to the singleplayer, and adding the strike force missions. None of the multiplayer maps are that entertaining to play apart from nuketown and with that map being previously available in Black Ops 1, Treyarch have failed to provide entertaining new maps. The game is OK though, and certainly is better than previous Call of Duty games. Expand
  10. Nov 25, 2013
    Average game now and its better at least to call of duty ghost which is just totally trash ...the zombies are hell way better then crappy extinction mode out of both games i would prefer black ops 2
  11. Nov 20, 2013
    Made good effort in optimizing for PC. Graphics outdated for PC though. Made new mechanics and added futuristic warfare that made the game unique. Much better than Ghosts.
  12. Nov 17, 2013
    I never got through the campaign in BOII becuase I lost interest around 3 missions. That's when I started playing multiplayer that's when it kicked off. I was stuck and glued to the game for 3-4 weeks then hackers came and took all the XP. This happens all the time with Activison and Treyarch. They are really back able and really easy to do it. That put me off the multiplayer and I startedI never got through the campaign in BOII becuase I lost interest around 3 missions. That's when I started playing multiplayer that's when it kicked off. I was stuck and glued to the game for 3-4 weeks then hackers came and took all the XP. This happens all the time with Activison and Treyarch. They are really back able and really easy to do it. That put me off the multiplayer and I started playing the puzzle of a game called Zombies. I loved it when Just you and your friends siting in a corner with a ray gun and 3 matching guns on the 2nd floor of a old office building. Now it's run over there, do that, do this, combine this with that. It's not zombies. It's a puzzle were if your not careful you will get hit by something.

Overall
    -Bad camping.
    -Hackable Multiplayer but it's still fun at times.
    -Puzzle of a game Zombies.
  13. Nov 5, 2013
    Nothing New, but it was a great attempt.

A unforgettable and emotional campaign, but a recycled multiplayer and Stagnant Zombies mode. this game had some good potential and a decent game to play on your spare time unlike other games out there. The Graphics improved. I admired the specular and the Antialiasing. one of the best looking games in the CoD Franchise.
  14. Nov 3, 2013
    The game itself is great. Campaign is pretty good, looks good (I have no idea why people complain about graphics) and it runs very smoothly. The reason I gave it only 5 points is because I ran into some strange checkpoint bug where the game autosaved at the exact moment of my death and when I reloaded it I just died instantly and since you can't just load a save before that I was forced toThe game itself is great. Campaign is pretty good, looks good (I have no idea why people complain about graphics) and it runs very smoothly. The reason I gave it only 5 points is because I ran into some strange checkpoint bug where the game autosaved at the exact moment of my death and when I reloaded it I just died instantly and since you can't just load a save before that I was forced to restart the mission from the beginning wtf? Anyway good game. Cant' wait to try out CoD: Ghosts. Expand
  15. Nov 1, 2013
    What kind of zombies are they???? An why all this fire???? Not as good as the first one. Really bad. Don't play it if you like zombies!!! That's my advice!!!!
  16. Nov 1, 2013
    I can't believe how much they messed up black ops 2, no pro perks, the lag is horrible, unbalanced guns, you can just use a pistol and get up to 30 kills. this game sucks because of how unbalanced it is!
  17. Nov 1, 2013
    COD Black Ops 2 is just a mediocre entry in the mediocre Call of Duty series. If this game was released as an original ip, making small changes to the storyline and multiplayer, it would have been a lot better and felt like an extremely well-made military shooter. The truth is that this is just feels like the same game as the rest of the modern COD series with extremely small tweeks, andCOD Black Ops 2 is just a mediocre entry in the mediocre Call of Duty series. If this game was released as an original ip, making small changes to the storyline and multiplayer, it would have been a lot better and felt like an extremely well-made military shooter. The truth is that this is just feels like the same game as the rest of the modern COD series with extremely small tweeks, and is an inferior choice compared to some of the other titles in the series. Expand
  18. Oct 30, 2013
    Epic singleplayer story (starting in 4th level, until that level, its juat a crap), some minor changes to multiplayer which still plays great. Great survival maps (Mob of the Dead is the best). There is nothing new or special with the game but nothing really wrong with it too. Its good but Call Of Duty needs some serious changes.
  19. Oct 17, 2013
    I have bought the game on release date for the PlayStation 3 and was Very Disappointed, The graphics have not yet improved passed the Call Of Duty 4 engine. The Guns & Gameplay feel really repetitive. Ever Since Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, The series has been going down exponentially. Also The, Campers & Douchebag Clans,Fanboy's and young kids on this Mature rated game makes theI have bought the game on release date for the PlayStation 3 and was Very Disappointed, The graphics have not yet improved passed the Call Of Duty 4 engine. The Guns & Gameplay feel really repetitive. Ever Since Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, The series has been going down exponentially. Also The, Campers & Douchebag Clans,Fanboy's and young kids on this Mature rated game makes the playing experience drop to a whole, but props to Treyarc for a great Call Of Duty: Zombies Game. i think its the only thing they get right in the series. so in conclusion. i'd say the multiplayer aspect is DEAD. but zombies is quite fun.

20. Sep 26, 2013
    Bad and repetitive multiplayer but awesome single player. The single player is superb. For those of you say that the single player sucks, look at BF3. It's even worst. Admit it.
  21. Sep 23, 2013
    I was very skeptical of this game after I did not like the story presented in Modern Warfare 3. This was not the case. I found Black Ops 2 very enjoyable to play. The story was up to par and the gameplay was there. I have never really liked Call of Duty multiplayer and this one made little effort to improve on the multiplayer. The pick 10 system is a great improvement though. The graphicsI was very skeptical of this game after I did not like the story presented in Modern Warfare 3. This was not the case. I found Black Ops 2 very enjoyable to play. The story was up to par and the gameplay was there. I have never really liked Call of Duty multiplayer and this one made little effort to improve on the multiplayer. The pick 10 system is a great improvement though. The graphics are good but the audio drove me up the wall. The gun sounds are very generic and they sound underpowered. Expand
  22. Sep 14, 2013
    The multiplayer, is okay, I guess, well it's far more balanced than the previous games, there are no guns that are basically overpowered, perks are fine, and I liked how they turned the Sleight Of Hand perk into an attachment. But the Campaign is the reason why I rate this game a five.
  23. Sep 14, 2013
    The campaign isn't that bad, although not as epic as MW1. The graphics and sounds are okay, the playtime a bit sort, but offers some replayability if you want to get all achievements and endings. The gunplay, however, was a bit strange; I missed 2/3 of the time on moving targets, maybe due the fact that they turn 90 degrees instantly, or maybe the recoils were set higher than usual. TheThe campaign isn't that bad, although not as epic as MW1. The graphics and sounds are okay, the playtime a bit sort, but offers some replayability if you want to get all achievements and endings. The gunplay, however, was a bit strange; I missed 2/3 of the time on moving targets, maybe due the fact that they turn 90 degrees instantly, or maybe the recoils were set higher than usual. The Strike Force missions were somewhat frustrating, the unit AI wasn't on the top, I almost lost them on most occasions. Anyway, it is an acceptable addition to the series and a buy at a reduced price. Expand
  24. Aug 26, 2013
    Call of duty Black ops II is the same with other call of duty games.Big Battles, too many explosions make the game excessive.Its multiplayer is the same and the only things that changes it are scorestreaks,the new weapons and the new create a class system.The story of the game is good.What i can say about the zombies?In Black ops II zombies are very funny if you play with yourCall of duty Black ops II is the same with other call of duty games.Big Battles, too many explosions make the game excessive.Its multiplayer is the same and the only things that changes it are scorestreaks,the new weapons and the new create a class system.The story of the game is good.What i can say about the zombies?In Black ops II zombies are very funny if you play with your friends.Unfortunately the maps are awfull.Too small that you can't move or escape from a zombie.Generally i believe that call of duty must change and they have to work harder and make a real call of duty game. Expand
  25. Aug 25, 2013
    Black Ops 2 can be a good multiplayer game, if luck is on your side.
    Because luck is what you need to get a good game going in the multiplayer mode. Where previous CoD versions had good or even half decent lag compensation, this game falls flat on it's face in that regard.
    Black Ops 2 can be a good multiplayer game, if luck is on your side.
    Too many times will you empty half a clip in your enemy only to have him turn around and drop you like a fat chick on an American Idol audition.
    Now, it is claimed that the PC version of this game runs on dedicated servers hosted by Treyarch but you wouldn't really notice from experiencing how horrid the netcode in this game is.
    Couple that with not so great balance between the guns (SMG's, shotguns and LMG's rule the roost) and you're left with a pretty frustrating online experience.
    Singleplayer is the same formulaic (and too often boring) CoD experience and the addition of horribly boring strike force missions doesn't help in this regard.
    Call of Duty is on it's last legs and it shows, the total number of players you will see online at the busiest time of the day is around 15,000, people are done with this game and so am i.
    Time will tell if Ghosts will be better, but i wouldn't pre-order it if i were you.
  26. Aug 14, 2013
    I gave it a 6/10. Campaign basically tells how hard can life be when you're rich and all poor people hate you because of this, but it had a few good moments. About multiplayer... Even MW3 gave me more fun than that. Reaching highest level takes only few days of not-so-hardcore playing. SMGs are so overpowered I can rarely see someone with assaut rifle. Most of weapon modifications areI gave it a 6/10. Campaign basically tells how hard can life be when you're rich and all poor people hate you because of this, but it had a few good moments. About multiplayer... Even MW3 gave me more fun than that. Reaching highest level takes only few days of not-so-hardcore playing. SMGs are so overpowered I can rarely see someone with assaut rifle. Most of weapon modifications are useless. Although it is fun for first, let's say, month, the gameplay and annoying players in MP made me leave this game pretty quickly. In general, Call of Duty is neither the prettiest nor most realistic shooter, but until MW3 it used to be fun. I hope Infinity Ward will erase that bitter taste of disappointment with their next game. Expand
  27. Aug 12, 2013
    This is a very polished and smoothly running game. However, there is no point in playing it. Due to its netcode, skill or lag don't matter it's all about luck (e.g. see OvenBakedMuffin's YouTube video named BlackOps2 Misconceptions). In addition, the gameplay mechanics are quite broken. For best results, you should run around with a pistol. Do not attempt to play this game tactically.This is a very polished and smoothly running game. However, there is no point in playing it. Due to its netcode, skill or lag don't matter it's all about luck (e.g. see OvenBakedMuffin's YouTube video named BlackOps2 Misconceptions). In addition, the gameplay mechanics are quite broken. For best results, you should run around with a pistol. Do not attempt to play this game tactically. Don't worry if you completely suck at shooters this game is designed so that you will get kills anyway. Expand
  28. Jul 21, 2013
    Not the best call of duty in franchise. Lets be honest. I dont like call of duty I realy don't. But that game is not 0 out of 10. The game is actualy not bad. Its actualy worth to play if you haven't buy any call of duty yet. If you don't own any call of duty after from call of duty 4 modern warfare youc an actualy buy this gam You might like it. How ever People are coming to hate on theNot the best call of duty in franchise. Lets be honest. I dont like call of duty I realy don't. But that game is not 0 out of 10. The game is actualy not bad. Its actualy worth to play if you haven't buy any call of duty yet. If you don't own any call of duty after from call of duty 4 modern warfare youc an actualy buy this gam You might like it. How ever People are coming to hate on the game. This isn't a comment section this is revieve. No such things new. A cloack perk added to campaing (single player) Multiplayer is prety fun tought. Is it the best call of duty game? Absaloutly not. But still a game to play when you are actualy bored. Expand
  29. Jun 29, 2013
    Exactly the same as all other Call of Duties in history. The only differences are the maps, campaign and they have put in scorestreaks. But, it doesn't take away the fact that the multiplayer in this game is actually quite good if a bit laggy at times. I like how they have put in scorestreaks so you get good stuff for actually playing the objective instead of just killing people evenExactly the same as all other Call of Duties in history. The only differences are the maps, campaign and they have put in scorestreaks. But, it doesn't take away the fact that the multiplayer in this game is actually quite good if a bit laggy at times. I like how they have put in scorestreaks so you get good stuff for actually playing the objective instead of just killing people even though that isn't the aim of that game type. Aside from the quite good multiplayer this game is terrible, the campaign lacks a good storyline and Black Ops 2 struggles to bring anything new to the table. 5/10 Expand
  30. Jun 19, 2013
    Let's be honest: Call of Duty is highly overrated yet highly underrated. Black Ops II seems to try to wipe away the series's flaws. It adds RPG elements to the campaign in the form of split decision making (go left or right for example). HOWEVER, Call of Duty: Black Ops II is just a reskin. Sure, it adds tokens to buy weapons, perks, wildcards (a new feature which allow you to haveLet's be honest: Call of Duty is highly overrated yet highly underrated. Black Ops II seems to try to wipe away the series's flaws. It adds RPG elements to the campaign in the form of split decision making (go left or right for example). HOWEVER, Call of Duty: Black Ops II is just a reskin. Sure, it adds tokens to buy weapons, perks, wildcards (a new feature which allow you to have extra abilities), and attachments. Despite this, everything seems......bland and familiar. I've had great fun with friends and family members playing this game, but, like every game after CoD: MW2, just pulls the wool over our eyes. CoD 4's success and Black Ops's relative success were the only things driving this game. We all should know. In fact, we ALL know. We are just in denial. Expand

1. PC PowerPlay
    Dec 30, 2012
    The Corn Flakes of multiplayer first-person shooters. We've been sick of eating it for some time, now. [Jan 2013, p.80, 81]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Dec 21, 2012
    Black Ops II brings evolution to the series unfortunately, the evolution that is incomplete. Only one part of the game deserves a top ranking – multiplayer. [Christmas 2012]
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Dec 12, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops II is saved by its multiplayer, as the campaign has surprisingly too many bad sections. Maybe now it's time to move on? [Dec 2012]