3.7

1. Nov 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILER!

Only played single player campaign!
    Can't talk about multiplayer gameplay!

-Cons: 1. Outdated graphics 2. Avarage AI (Friendly NPCs are absolutely useless, enemy NPCs are too static etc.) 3. Avarage story and overlong cutscenes 4. Almost every character is a cliché (Evil Arabs, Africans and South Americans, badass US soldiers) 5. Imperfect Strike Force commands 6. Gameplay is too scripted 7. Maps are too small and overcrowded with NPCs

Pros: 1. Weapon customization 2.Still better than MW3:Warfighter...
  2. Mar 25, 2013
    Call of Duty PC=a big load of donkey Sh*t. There's nothing more to say then that.
  3. Mar 7, 2013
    Hated MW2. Hated MW3. I was able to try this one for a short time. Couldn't wait to get angry and start raging on how bad this series is, and so off I played. After playing for 2 days of experiencing and trying basically enough, I have to say this...it has improved. It hurts me to say, but it has few improvements over the previous games. First of, I liked how the perks are extremely few and unlike the previous, which many were useless and only few were good, now we get few perks and almost none are that useful and actually work as "perks". Instead, some of the "old" perks are now some sort of "attachments" to weapons which are unlocked by using them more often, and in here we also get the levels for weapons, which is a nice addition. They tried hard to balance the game, even by limiting our perks, weapons, attachments and everything with a limit of 10...which balances things....I guess? Weapons are still rather similar but they TRIED to make them different this time and I noticed few differences while using some of them...like one would give less recoil...another would do more...but the same damage...? Arenas have improved as well: we get colors! Few, but it's so great to find more than 2 colors in an arena, without mentioning that I haven't played that many matches with campers (there were, but nothing impossible to counter). And jokes aside, they tried to make most of the arenas trying to be careful on blind corners...which unfortunely still are present, showing either that it's programming fault or their own choice. People will either think I'm joking or being serious but to be honest, the answer is just one: this game is still horrible, and that's no joke. While it has improvements over the others, it's still not worth a single cent on this game: weapons are still too similar and have the biggest fault of having no need to aim at all: just shoot and you'll kill (you might need to aim only on long distances); arenas, while cured a little more, show how graphics are HORRIBLE and simply unacceptable and while I accepted the graphics of the previous games, this one is totally unworthy of attention. And campers are still around in some arenas, so it's not fixed yet; balancing of the classes is still far from being even remotely good, letting us customize with just tons of useless perks (even if fewer than previous games) and overpowered killstreaks, which works with points instead of kills, but still can be a gamebreaker pretty easily and without letting you escape. This game is just mediocre, like the previous games, and while it may be a good purchase this time, the game is still expensive like day 1 and, in all honesty, you can spend those euros/dollars for much better games (and cheaper as well). If you ever find this game on discount (not gonna happen) you might give it a try and maybe even having fun until the next installment arrives (after that, this game literally dies). But seriously, if you want to play an arena based fps, with lots of weapons, with very low graphics, no real physics and simply fast pacing gaming....play either Quake 3 arena or Unreal tournament. Expand
  4. Dec 1, 2012
    Writing a review for this game is lost time: I must say the same things as any other post-CoD4 Call of Duty: bad graphics, bad gameplay, bad multiplayer.. we are in 2012 but still stuck at 2007. Nothing new, nothing positive.
  5. May 10, 2013
    Lets start the story, first i love fps games, but since CS i stoped play. Last year I buy BF3 and CSGO, but I was willing some COD, becouse that franchise are so famous.

This weak i play this game for free, and cant belive why people buy so much this game. The gameplay are horrible, the character moviment is a joke. The animations is like games from 10 years ago.

The weapon is so
    artificial, Battlefield is so much professional than COD. COD has the worst fake gameplay ever. Dont buy this game just becouse that is famous. Expand
  6. Mar 16, 2014
    Second CoD i played after CoD 2 and i must say the last. CoD 2 was a very good FPS , but i always preferred scifi shooters. This game got really bad single player and mediocre multiplayer. It has lots of multiplayer mods and gun play is ok, but everything els is garbage. The maps are really bad and weapons are trash. I hoped for some more interesting weapons but you wont find any. The only funny kill streak is that small robot. This game is bad. Expand
  7. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is even worse than previous titles!!! Graphics again from 2006, extreme boring single player and practically same multiplayer as always. 10 enemies respawning behind your back all the time. Again DLC and not a full game.
  8. Dec 28, 2012
    It's not a terrible game. In term sof graphics it's pretty darn good. In terms of gameplay and depth - it's chanelling 2004. Maybe it's just the franchise is getting very old. Maybe it's shooters in general are just too darn profligate that we are all getting jaded and bored with the same game over and over and over (and over and over) again. Maybe that's the case, but you can't forgive such simple gameplay and lack or tactical depth. Pretty poor but not awful. Expand
  9. Sep 1, 2013
    On consoles its just okay but on PC its horrible. The campaign is as bad as ever but even bloody worse than the 360 with bugs that weren't in the 360 or even PS3 versions are less buggy and the zombies mode and multiplayer is bad because of no split-screen and online its totally for n00bs and no dedicated servers on a PC game WTF and i bloody payed £40 for it
  10. Aug 15, 2013
    While this game is very addicting, I give this game a 3 for the fact that it's essentially the same game just with a twist. Still raging 12 year olds on MP after you kill them, same perks and killstreaks that just cause frustration after you've worked so hard to get then just to be killed by a camper. The weapons are all the same, they just all shoot really fast, hell, the shotguns can kill long range.... LONG RANGE FOR A SHOTGUN! And the snipers are even better at close range. And referring back to the kids screaming on the mic, on all of the servers I played on, they were saying that this is the most realistic game on the market, if you want realism in a military game, play ArmA 2! How is this game realistic? The die if you get knifed in the foot, no bullet drop, what so ever, perks that let you reload faster and not appear on a UAV, only 2 attachments allowed for your gun, the list goes on. This is possibly the most overrated game I have ever played, some how being more overrated than Zelda and Halo. Do not buy this game, spend your money on a good game like Half Life. Expand
  11. Dec 18, 2012
    I can only look down and shake my head in pity to see what the CoD series have become. But I can also point and laugh at all the moronic fans trying to plunge their head into the sand with denial going "Lalalalala". That is, however, mainly peer-pressure in which I also shake my head in pity.
  12. Apr 23, 2013
    Black Ops 2 uses recycled ideas of sci-fi that Battlefield 2142 already accomplished back in 2006. This game is way too late to a series that is burning out fast. Same engine, done future weapons, simple level design, arbitrary recycled level-up system. Pass it, demand something fresh than the same tweaked recycled game every year. Baaaa Baa sheep.
  13. Jun 21, 2013
    GOD THIS GAME IS BORING. The single player is just your generic shoot everything that moves and the multiplayer is so simple that playing it causes your brain cells to die. There is no punishment in the multiplayer so you never really feel like your being challenged and you will quickly get tired of the small and simple maps.
  14. May 10, 2013
    The most biggest steaming piece of S*** I've played for a long time. Campers & Hackers that's what this game is about. I'm never going to play this garbage ever again and i recommend that no-one should try it either.
  15. Nov 15, 2012
    Utterly crap. I know this will get hyped as always from the likes of IGN etc. The Game was overhyped, is overpriced, horribly mainstream and just not fun.
  16. Apr 5, 2013
    This is the worst FPS I have ever played. I was expecting it to be bad, but not as bad as this. The campaign is rubbish, the AI are retarded, and everything was buggy. I couldn't get past the first level because nothing wanted to work and all the enemies ran towards you despite a ton of allies nearby. Multiplayer is slightly better, but nothing new. Maps are generic. Zombies is the only step up. Much more stuff in it and better maps. Tranzit is pretty cool. The graphics are crap. Absolute crap. It looks like the kind of game that was released in 2005 (Im playing on High graphics).
    I am very disappointed, what a waste of money. I guess it would be better for consoles, since it has lousy graphics. If you want a FPS game that's has graphics, a campaign and guns, get this.
  17. Jun 3, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II is one of the worst game I've ever played in my life. Well, I am one of the most stupid person alive right now. I paid 120 bucks for this game. Spent 250 hours of IN-GAME time on this bullcrap. Until I met Battlefield. I run my games on a 3470 and 7970, so don't compare your "lousy cod graphics" to at least the Crysis (1) back in 2007. This game lacks the diversity of new things, and each year i am basically buying back the same game OVER AND OVER AGAIN. With just some newer (and boring) things over and over again.

I love the irony in the Xbox ONE live reveal show, I spent 3 hours of my life hearing to TV shows, how to navigate with the Xbox one, then comes the Call of Duty: Ghosts reveal.

Mantling like in BF3, slide like in Crysis and swim through fishes like in Mario. Like seriously, the engine is still the same f*cking engine. No way on Earth am I purchasing the game if it doesn't have a bigger fanbase in my region.

IW, TREYARCH, ACTIVISION, the 3 MOST EVIL COMPANIES TO EVER EXIST.

(Btw guys, don't ever listen to critics like IGN, you hear it from the majority of the players (us) in the community and User section of this website. They are paid to give higher ratings. 9.3 from IGN for CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 2??!! WHAT A BIG FAT LIE)
  18. Jul 13, 2013
    Single player is "ok"... But Multiplayer is just too bad. The only decent game was CoD4, but after that, it went downhill. I don't see a reason in buying any CoD. The reason BF4 has way more pre-orders than Ghosts says enough.
  19. Jul 5, 2013
    Bought this game on release date to this day i still havent played one single online match due to constant disconnects this is the very very last time i ever buy anything todo with call of duty ever again i seriously will have nuthing todo with anything call of duty do not buy this game under any circumstances just look at the user review scores save urself the money and go buy sumthing else
  20. Nov 14, 2012
    Modern Warfare was the last game for me in this series: until Activision can demonstrate how the series has changed significantly (and thus makes a more compelling experience) I won't be throwing any more money into the same game with a different front.
  21. Nov 14, 2012
    If you keep buying crap, then they will keep making crap.........When will gamers learn how to vote with their wallets? Right now the devs who basically made some cheap dlc for idiots who will buy anything with the "COD" brand on the box , are laughing their asses off all the way to the bank.......
  22. Jul 30, 2013
    Very disappointing singleplayer. Too easy, too short, generic, pseudo hollywood presentation which contrasts with the rather outdated graphics. The multiplayer is not much better, entertaining for a few hours, but very hectical and spammed with hackers only two months after initial release. My last purchase in the Call of Duty franchise, a series which has gotten more and more repetitive and has been deteriorating with every release since Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. Expand
  23. Mar 16, 2013
    I was going to buy this game for sure as I really liked BO1, but after the release before I got to a shop several my friends advised me not to buy this game as it's totally sucks... I usually don't take anything on trust and usually recheck the info by my own, but after my bro said it sucks, I decided not to buy and wait until the game fully patched. And several months after on Steam I had possibility to try the MP during weekends. I tried... Maaaaaa, what a facepalm: graphics sucks totally, weapons suck, maps nothing special, and... already up with cheaters... Cool... I played 3hrs and deleted it without any doubt. After that I decided to look at SP, of course I had to pirate it, a there's no demo, and MP showed the game sucks totally. SP I deleted even not finishing first level same graphics (OMG ITS 2012 already, even MW3 has better graphics than BO2 how can it be?!!), stupid uninteresting plot for 9-year old kids, control sucks. So after all I'd like to thank my friends for warning, Steam for free ability to see there's nothing to lose even in MP. I really love CoD series since first MW (I had no possibility to play earlier CoD games), but BO2 is a big leap back to the 90s, the game sucks totally.
    0 score is max for the game.
  24. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is just awful. I really wanted to get into it, but I just couldn't. It's the same tired formula they used in black ops, and it's even less enjoyable than mw3. The single player campaign is awful, the game gives you auto-aim, so you don't even have to try when playing, and it still uses the same engine it's been using for so many years now. Call of Duty has essentially been turned into a $100 per year subscription service. If you value the video game industry and are tired of being taken advantage of, stop giving in and play games that are actually GOOD for a change. Expand
  25. Sep 18, 2013
    One of the worst shooters I've ever played. I'm extremely sorry I got this even on sale from Steam. It's the exact same as every other Call of Duty game with nothing that makes it stand out as worth the money.
  26. Jul 16, 2013
    Bad game Be ready to run across the map in 5 seconds becouse autistic cod kids need to be shooting every second else the game sucks Weapons sound bad graphics still suck maps still suck unrealistic wep camos lower the score by 2
  27. Nov 18, 2012
    A bad console port to PC. Inflated price for a re-hash of older CoD games. Same 'on rails' single player experience. In MP you need to hit someone a few times with a LMG with FMJ bullets, in HC mode, to kill them. Not the CoD experience I am used to... Feels more like the normal mode, but worse. Good to see lean/peak is back to CoD. But worst of all is.... No dedicated servers! WTF?!!! Which means it is difficult to find a game for MP and/or will get disconnected when host leaves. Unacceptable!!! And you are at the mercy of Activi$ion. No way to kick chaters, mod a server (even within the game rules etc...). Last CoD purchase for me ever. Will probably revert to Cod 4 and even BO. CoD 4 remains the best to this day. Strange thing is I would have paid more for new versions of CoD. Or just new maps or enhancements of the versions already there. You lost me for good now, Activi$ion! I am a PC gamer! Edit: An update as it really bugs me: 12 player multiplayer? Are **** me Activi$ion?!!! And the lag encountered on matchmaking is really annoying. Some of the animation and models are v. cartooney compared with previous CoD's. Don't buy this **** Can't believe I am supporting an EA game, but if you have money to burn, buy BF3 or buy Red Orchestra 2, buy COD 4! Stay well away from this. We are PC gamers! Edit #2: So I am not accused for criticising without trying it. After playing MP for 5 days, I can confirm CoD is dead. It took until all/most perks and addons were unlocked. Now almost every game is won by one or two guys running around with knives. There is no balance in the game anymore. There is no fun. You can blame it on my inexperience, but I am a decent player. I didn't think I would be playing for too long this sad excuse of a game, but to not last even a week.... I repeat! Don't buy this **** This is a poor console game - leave it to consoles. We are PC gamers! Expand
  28. Aug 16, 2013
    This is a really bad game and marks the death hopefully of COD as we know it dictating a total revamp of the series. I got halfway through the campaign and even though I usually finish most games couldn't drag myself to the end of this and uninstalled it. Skip all the annoying Strikeforce missions which just detract from a nonsensical and poorly written story in the campaign. The campaign is tedious and just over the top and missions consist of you running around in overblown Hollywood epic cutscenes and your interaction with the story/mission is minimal. The first Black Ops although not requiring any intelligence (but then you don't play these games to further your intellect) was at least an enjoyable romp through bits of history. The flashbacks to the 80s are the only mildly entertaining aspect of this game, the action set in 2025 is just boring and often confusing, it would be nice if you could skip it and just play the 80s missions. Pick it up for $5 in a sale but otherwise DO NOT pay $60 it is DEFINITELY not worth it Expand
  29. Jan 5, 2014
    Black ops II, um no thanks. Not a fan of Treyarch developers period. If you want a real good CoD game stick with Infinity Ward developers..the original developers since the very first CoD. Black Ops games use a modified version of the IW engine, and personally they really screwed the pooch altering it. The last good CoD games are the original Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2. Treyarch just doesn't do a good job in balancing mechanics, maps, physics, etc. It feels odd and blah compared to Infinity Ward's design, it feels cheap. My recommendations for a CoD game for multiplayer..MW1,MW2,MW3. Stay away from black ops, that's coming from a person that has played them all completely through online. Expand
  30. Nov 13, 2012
    why dont i add **** and robots to mw3 and guess what you get black ops 2, ive seen a single person make a better game then this at least medal of honor had good graphics and innovation this is a paint job with maybe 3 new things, hey little kids play left 4 dead or battlefield this is **** thank god i got me2 in my disk 2
  31. Mar 26, 2013
    Guys guys guys THIS GAME IS NOT OPTIMIZED.
    Runs quite badly on a HD6850 and an AMD Athlon II X2 255 3.0 GHz Dual-Core and 4 GB of RAM and in some crappy laptop of a friend that can barely run TF2 it runs great. Unbelievable.
  32. May 25, 2013
    Meh... They've tried to do something, but it's the same thing over again. Old graphics. MP is boring and almost exactly the same, small generic and boring looking maps with campers and annoying people. Campaign is just...just *BLARGH* The same cliche American soldiers saving the world crap. Zero innovation. If you want a FPS experience, go find a good ol' fashioned copy of TimeSplitters or a copy of BF, Perfect Dark, 007:Nightfire (GCN). Seriously, I don't expect anything from this series anymore, not even their next-gen title Ghosts. 3.5/10: Awww JEEZ!!! You really cannot give us the same crap 3 years in a row Already removed from my Hard drive Expand
  33. Sep 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SP
    The singleplayer to be honest is pretty average. I liked how the game was non-linear and there were different endings. Although non-linear is kind of generous. It was basically kill or don't kill, but i feed a sense of satisfaction after getting the best possible ending.
    MP
    The multiplayer? Well the maps are good AND bad. The maps are good, as in good variety of colour and detail, but there are CRAPTONNES of camping spots. I don't know what's wrong with the COD community these days but they need to grow some balls and stop camping. The spawning is also I can't tell you how many times i got killed by someone spawning 5 metres behind me. Treyarch really need to pick up their The hit detection is also bull****, either that or that all my guns are equipped with paper bullets, because i pump a whole clip into an enemy and they don't die, whereas they shoot one burst into me and I die. Most annoying feature in the game. I don't even think they have a system that checks whether you spawn next to an enemy, you just spawn somewhere near an ally and that's that. The weapon sounds are also terrible. When I shoot a gun I want it to sound like I'm shooting a gun, not whatever sounds the "futuristic" guns sound like. Seriously is 10 years really going to make THAT much of a difference? Look at 2002 and 2012. I don't really think there was that much difference between warfare.
  34. Nov 20, 2012
    This is by far the best map pack for modern warfare 2 yet! the amount of effort put into designing all the new levels and building a full new game play experience from the ground up is phenomenal, i just do not know how they did all this in just a year, and the price may be expensive but this is the best map pack ever, thanks activision I don't feel like I've been mugged at all! :D
  35. Jan 6, 2013
    If this wasn't a call of duty game, no one would have cared. The single player campaign is one of the most generic piles of manure I've had the misfortune to play. It's a shame because I actually enjoyed BLOPS1's single player campaign. The multiplayer is what you'd expect for a Call of Duty game. After nearly 5 years, not much has changed. Hopefully this franchise will die soon.
  36. Jul 29, 2013
    LOL, its obvious that Activision, Treyarch, and Infinity Ward has bought critics to give them positive score. Just LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL..........
  37. Jan 22, 2013
    I was very excited about this game when I saw it at E3. Yet, to my disappointment, I found this game to be only mediocre. The graphics had absolutely no upgrade, and the multiplayer was just plain bad. The only fun thing you'll find in this game is the zombies mode, which I loved. everything else...well, just not the best COD game.
  38. Oct 21, 2013
    Disgusting animations, horrible sound effects, terrible graphics, short campaign, outright boring multiplayer, guns feel like airsoft guns, community mostly consist of retarded 8 year olds, zombie mode if you want zombies play L4D2, it's way better), this game is 60€ and the game hasn't changed at all so you might as well buy CoD 4 which is basically the same game.
  39. Sep 19, 2013
    One really has to both commend Treyarch, as well as bewilderingly question how they managed to make a AAA-budget Call of Duty title, look, feel, and play like a low budget Call of Duty clone.
  40. Apr 16, 2013
    Making BILLIONS every year. But this poor Bobby Kottick is too preocupied in the law sues against him and fu***ng gamers by behind to upgrade his game.... And it seems they like it, since they keep buying.

Making BILLIONS AND BILLIONS, but can't invest 1/4 of that money back into the game just to make it better.... no no, can't take this risk, just copy paste and change the singleplayer
    story.

Anyone calling themselves gamers and still plays this crap should be a shame of himself and you are contribuing in shutting down the gaming industry.

1 of the worst call of duty. always going downhill. Making billions, but still only put 20 millions to make the same old game. but stupid fake gamers still cum on this and praise him.... I have no faith in the future of gaming, thanks to yall kids.
  41. Dec 4, 2012
    While no game deserves a 0 as a score this game definitely does not deserve a 10. Single player basically comes down to more of the same old formula Activision has forced these development companies to work with. The AI is laughable at best, but every one knows the Call of Duty franchise has never had the best coding for AI. The story line in general is 5 hours long and is really bland, unimaginative, and well, more of the same. They try to deviate from becoming a linear corridor shooter by supposedly providing player with options but they don't truly affects the game. The ending on the other hand might. Which is suppose to add re playability to the first person campaign, but there's really no reason to play over the same campaign for just a different ending. Multiplayer, this is the are where this game should shine but it seems the MP portion of this game feels a lot similar to that of MW3 and of course Black Ops. Small scaled maps with tons of areas to camp. Basically comes down to which ever team can camp the middle ground the best wins the game. The rest is just protecting the same corner through out the game with occasionally moving 3-6 feet away from your old camp spot to corner camp in a different spot. There are no need to watch your back as certain equipment and streaks do that for your. The game is slow paced and also suffers from the same old bad hit detection. While it does some what fix old issues like knifing people from miles away, it does at times glitch and can cause your character to launch at another player. Kill streaks seem re-hashed but with an added "futuristic" approach. There's always lag and horrible host selection, the spawn points are mediocre at best, but what can one expect from such small maps that are crammed with buildings to make them seem "big." The leveling system online has been set to keep players from playing. While it gives players who have been playing the game longest the upper hand with over powered weaponry and the best perks. The new set up is suppose to force players into playing the objective, that is not the case. The way the maps are set up actually encourage players to whore kill streaks and never actually go for any objective. Word of advice, try to level as fast as you can to get ghost perk, it's a uav whore type of game. Zombies: This is where this game shines. It's somewhat new but refreshing at the same time reminds me a bit of Left for Dead. Which is great fun to be honest. If this game was just a zombie installment I would definitely recommend this game. Other wise, save yourself some money and just rent this game or save up for MW5 or BLOPS 4; Skip a generation or two just like any one in their right mind would with Fifa games. Expand
  42. Nov 14, 2012
    Old graphics, reactionary story line full of ridiculous propaganda. The first level you're playing a white dude fighting for a pro-Apartheid group fight against those trying to eliminate apartheid. They don't say that
    ,but if you know African history it's pretty simple. There's pretty much zero immersion. They tried to put all these little things like rope swinging and bat flying in,
    but they're stupid and cumbersome Expand
  43. Jul 3, 2013
    Discouragement and sadness, the game turned into a complete low-quality junk. The graphics in the game is outdated by 10 years at least, animation, physics, and low-quality secondary. Story line of low-quality and uninteresting. The game crashes in the same place all the time.
  44. Apr 30, 2013
    This isn't a game, this is a bad joke. Another console on the PC. No gamesave only control points, so if you die, you have to watch all the cinematics allover, because there's no skipping... And play the last 10-15 mins over again. But I don't want to replay, I want to play!! If it freezes, and it does, you have to start the whole chapter again. Sometimes, you just don't know what to do like the russian tank vs. horse scene. You smash the buttons in vain but for no avail. The controls were left on the consoles... That's where I left the game. There are so many other out there. I swore many times never to buy a game before try it out because I think many game companies just sell sh*t and lie about it. And after you've bought it there's no help (see the shameless Crytek-EA, too). Games like these make pirating stronger, because nobody would want to pay for sh*t like this... So I'm off for pirating from now on. I'll be only paying for games that worth it. So should you. Expand
  45. Nov 14, 2012
    Story is very linear & boring. Graphics isn't that impressive. It's overpriced. I see no changes in gameplay. The zombie mode is the only thing I slightly liked. I'm not into future warfare but this is just downright ridiculous. Game developers try to feed us very linear crappy games for easy money. This is why gamers resort to piracy.
  46. Jun 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well, lets see, the system requirements went up, but the graphics got worse. The campaign is stupid, no focus on Reznov after the "Reznov is dead or is he?" code in Black Ops 1. Depending on your actions, Mason may show up years later with no explanation as to where he has been for like 30 years. The rest of the campaign is just full of boring futuristic stuff. The multiplayer had awful maps, there weren't really any irritating weapons except for a handful of things that could lead you to mistake for hacks. The game was generally boring and was a terrible follow up to Black Ops 1. Expand
  47. Dec 31, 2012
    Blops 2 has some good things going for it, but they are completely offset by the horrific implementation of lag compensation. Because I have a fast connection and I live in the NYC metro area (which is probably close to many of Treyarch's dedicated servers) I had to play a lot with my router setup to make the game playable 50% of times; this was a big improvement from before as I was shooting rubber bullets almost 100% of times. And I'm not talking about port forwarding stuff- I actually had to limit my upload speed so that the Treyarch's servers would think that I have a crappy connection. But nobody should be jumping through hoops to make a $60 game to play as advertised. I almost miss MW3... Expand
  48. Jan 3, 2013
    They should start naming Call of Duty games after the year they are made. For example, Call of Duty 2012 would be a more appropriate name, rather than Black Ops II, as Call of Duty 2012 denotes the yearly "updates" the call of duty franchise receives. As far as Call of Duty Black Ops II is concerned, everything has devolved. The graphics are like those found in internet flash games, the story is nowhere to be found. In the single player, you will be thrown straight into an action shooting gallery, with so many things happening in seconds, you will not be able to follow or to figure out what the hell is going on. People burn, but you can't figure out why some dude is getting burned in a furnace. They don't even tell you anything about the setting or what war your fighting or anything about anything. As far as I can tell, the single player is just there as filler, to justify the $60 price tag. The multilayer is the same, nothing is ever going to change it . If you've played Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, you've played them all. Now, I will take advantage of this page to recommend to you other games: Blacklight Retribution, Tribes Ascend or the upcoming game Warface by Crytek. All of these are free to play games available on Steam, or are going to be available in the future (Warface) that are better than Call of Duty and cost $0 dollars. It's time to start looking for alternatives, and fight the evil monopoly called Activision, pushing the name Call of Duty down our throats. If we keep paying them, they are going to be making quick cash out of the public: what's next, a cardboard box with the name "Call of Duty" slapped on it, but filled with rocks?!! Expand
  49. Dec 2, 2012
    The lack of dedicated servers and the lag compensation just ruins the game-play on this game. Very frequently you will die because of the huge lag compensation, rather from the skill of other players. The rest of the game is mere run and gun with no tactic or strategy to game-play, regardless of what mode is being played. It gets very boring, very fast, ad the lag compensation and it gets a very irritating game.
    It tries to bring some innovation but never truly manages to surprise, resulting in a boring and uninspired game.
    The graphics are very poor, but a good design saves it from being horrible.
  50. Feb 24, 2013
    Incredibly boring, with a story so derivative it's insulting, BLOPS2 is yet another serving of the same mediocrity by a studio devoid of originality. I'm falling asleep writing this re
  51. Jan 4, 2014
    This game is horrible. Black Ops 2 is almost like an overpriced DLC for MW3 or BLOPS 1.
    Treyarch still decided to go with the same ugly engine from Call of Duty 4, the single player campaign is very repetitive with a boring story and the multiplayer doesn't have any dedicated servers and isn't any better. The textures look awful and the game is a really bad console port. The Call of Duty
    series have since a long time died and this is probably the last time I'll buy a game from the franchise. Collapse
  52. May 10, 2013
    Installed and tryed to play on Free Weekend and.. no changes its just next Copy and Paste game. Played for 3minutes, its really worst and hyped game.
    Nothing more to say.
  53. Feb 2, 2013
    This game isn't anything special. The graphics are okay and the engine has a nice tiny change to it. But a really bad part is no console commands. The game runs at a maximum of 60 fps, which just makes the whole game hard to play, with such low fps. The campaign is honestly, very boring. I absolutely cannot attach myself to it, no matter how much I try. The zombies was a part of the game I was really looking forward too. But I was actually very disappointed. Tranzit introduced a new way of playing zombies, traveling by bus to all the locations in the map. It was a good idea, but Tranzit honestly just doesn't define it will. The gameplay is very slow and boring. Then the Survival maps you get play on, are just different sections of Tranzit, so in total you get only 1 map. But the Grief mode actually is quite fun, but barely anyone plays it sooo...... The multiplayer is okay. The maps I have to admit are well done, but like mw3 there are lots of OP guns which makes the gameplay get very old FAST. They did also make entering Prestige Mode actually "Worth" it now that they tweaked it. But the multiplayer is just designed for a bunch of 10 year old kids on their little suckbox consoles. Expand
  54. Nov 13, 2012
    Tried to avoid it this year after the last copy/paste fails and then bam; I get it as a birthday present. Surprise factor 0; this is the same thing again! Engine is really showing it's age now and this series is so far behind the likes of Battlefield 3 it's just a joke. Utter, utter repetitive drivel. Way to phone it in... again!!
  55. Nov 13, 2012
    this game is so dull and without any atmosphere. it is probably the most terrible and unrealistic shooter i have ever played. sometimes i felt like i was in a b-movie of dolph lundgren and in some moments i expected cuck norris to come around the corner and kill all enemies with a roundhouse kick. it wouldnt had made a diffrence to the atmosphere in this piece of junk.
  56. Nov 23, 2012
    great game for those who like to be nickeled and dimed to death, to play with lots of hackers/cheaters and supporting the $60+ price tag for rehashed products.
  57. Mar 30, 2013
    As a (now former) CoD fan, I didn't enjoy BO II. The story was cheesy and unreasonable (it was very cinematic, though), and when you reach a moment when you can just RUN through the levels on any difficulty you can say the series reached a new low. Not to mention the MP is filled with idiots. Some of the weapons are overpowered, hackers can be found rather often, players are dumb and the killstreaks are extremeley overpowered. The zombies did introduce some new mechanics, but it takes the focus of the basic goal of surviving, so I enjoyed it much less. As a big fan of the first Black Ops, Don't bother buying it. Save those 60$. Expand
  58. Dec 2, 2012
    I believe that first Black Ops was a great achievement, not in terms of graphics or something, but in terms mentality of atmosphere and game concept. That created an absolutely new idea and gave a game a new feel - a great schizophrenic experience when you play as a main hero, suffering from his broken sense of reality. Setting was also incredible - hard times all around, war is close to us, country leaders, great countries, everything worked well. I played all of CoD games, and Black Ops was an outstanding achievement - not just fun with a gun, but fun with a brain.

So, when i heard new Black Ops is on the way i expected that another something incredible will be delivered. And, finally....
    It delivered but there's no nothing that can be described as "delivered". It has some cloudy connections with first Black Ops, but connections are just meaningless extras - you can remove them and game will be okay with out them because, as i said, they are so cloudy so just don't make any sense. You've got some storyline that too far from words "interesting" or "involving" because storyline is way too artificial and make sense just in case you have no another new game to play (my case). Graphics-shmaphics are okay, not better than first part and sometimes looks worse than first part. Militaristic future is boring and repeatable although Afghanian mujaheddins armed with power of horses against some Soviet forces (sorry for a rhyme) are just ridicolous. Main hero is radiating brutality and postive way of thinking, but i didn't get anything interesting from a character, he's more like a robot that go down by scenario. Okay, there're some moments you'll find catchy but not too catchy to get you play again.

Et cetere, et cetera, i can call many other silly stuff. Game isn't worth money they are asking for that, time isn't worth to spend playing, go get first part and be really happy if you didn't have a chance before.

I gave 4 only for time i spent, but...in case another replica of that sort is on the way - i'm not going to buy it.
  59. Nov 13, 2012
    So what's new with this game? Apart from the fact it's masked by a different setting and time.....nothing. it just feels like another average COD game. We all know this though, it's traditional every single year Activision churn out the same garbage for the younger audience so the consumers can invest a lot of their time and money for the franchise. Sure it's a fantastic business and marketing tactic that Activision can dictate this and they make a lot of money from it. But how can we stop this garbage being produced? Simple really just boycott the game and DON'T buy it. However this is an impossible solution because the market is so huge for this type of game many of which will never be convinced otherwise that they are being robbed blind plus the fact most people hate change and as long as they're comfortable with the same thing year in and year out Activision will take advantage of that and continue "feeding the trolls" so to speak. I have to give Treyarch some respect though at least they aren't afraid of changing the timeline of a cod game and they want to be a little more ambitious with it. However this just doesn't cut it enough, what we need is a fresh new IP and most certainly a more up to date and more advanced game engine. Expand
  60. May 2, 2013
    Nothing new, another copy and paste from the CoD series. When will people learn and stop making this game the best selling series of this generation. The people who play this game are just sheep's that shell out $60 every year to play the same game and pay for 3 $15 map packs every time.
  61. Nov 20, 2012
    Call of duty series were good before they started making the same games over and over again and people buying the same game all over and over again expecting **** to change. Call of duty has yet chance to clear there made mistakes but i don't think they will realize that unless people will stop buying the games from them.
  62. Nov 16, 2012
    Same game, different year. This game is made for hardware that is 8 years old. The gameplay has not changed. Netcode is still for **** Maps are really really bad. Its just another console port.
  63. Nov 17, 2012
    Why pay absurd prices for an annual update? Most games that come out brand new sell for around $30 on PC, yet Treyarch want $60! That is absurd, yet everybody falls for it. Call of Duty has sucked since Modern Warfare, yet you all keep making them the best selling games over and over. Go download Quake Live and feel what a real FPS is like, and save $60, as it is free!
  64. May 21, 2013
    This is the worst era for FPS Gamers, the stupid companies making 1 game per year without innovating, terrible times for shooters.

Plase, stop buying this bullsh·it
  65. Feb 23, 2013
    I hate new generation shooters with iron sights, auto restored hp and other stuff. but this one is worst of them. absolutely nothing new in this game, i cant feel difference between old MW and this one graphic and game play wise. Cod series must stop making absolutely same games every year, every one is fed up with this. Somebody should start new gaming era. COD, MOH and new age battlefield shooters must stop. Expand
  66. Nov 14, 2012
    I didn't purchae the game, getting my brother to blindly spend the monies on this crap as he still can't see the trees from the wood with this series. My expectations were spot on and after spending a few hours watching him play the game on the big screen tellie, occasionally having a go myself that this series is indeed hobbling along on its last leg. Graphics are sub-par, so much for making use of DirectX 11 on the PC as the game looks identical to the first Mondern Warfare from five years ago. Anyhow I am by no means the best person to judge this, as I quit after MW2 with the series, but if this is your thing, playing the same thing over and over and over and over ad nauseum again year in on out then by all means go for it else avoid like the plague! You can do much much better with your $60 of hard earned cash. Expand
  67. Jun 17, 2013
    Who, how and why is comparing this game to Counter Strike? I bet most of fanatics of this game are children whom never seen different game then this one. No recoil, no objective, no point. Waste of time and money. Even as big fan of FPS I can tell, this game is not worth any attention.
  68. Dec 5, 2012
    This game should be a 10$ DLC instead of a full fledged 60$ game. I think if someone puts a screenshot of MW1 and Black Ops II next to each other, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. The one drastic difference would be the Strike Force missions, but the clunky controls and stupid AI means that I always end up soloing the entire thing. Kudos to Treyarch on promoting the wonderful values of RECYCLING. Expand
  69. Nov 13, 2012
    Call of duty is here again promising a better campaign, larger multiplayer and improved zombies. It's not the case here. Graphics are like from dx9 and they dare say it runs on dx11? waste your money elsewhere.
  70. Nov 13, 2012
    Oh my god, what the..... there is nothing new, Same old graphics, everything is same as before.
    Maps are so small that it's not even funny!

sp is just plain boring.

No more! Not going to buy any new COD game. FOR REAL this time, though I've sayed it many times before :(
  71. Feb 1, 2013
    Oh god make it stop. My problem with the game is not so much as there isn't anything new (although there isnt), but how lazily, sloppily, and crappily this crap box was put together. Rather than innovating a 'renowned' franchise and creating a thrilling sequel, they managed to do a minor UI change, switch around the guns, add a few maps that were mostly ripped off of the campaign, and slap together a rushed storyline to sell the multiplayer. And the multiplayer sucked anyway. You run around and spray bullets at random people that pop up while sprinting through pre-memorized paths. Trust me, I've played the Call of Duty series before, and while I did love Modern Warfare 1 and World at War, I simply cannot, in good faith, give this a good review. Time for a change, Activision. Expand
  72. Jul 4, 2013
    This game is broken, After 3 patches this game still crash for no good reason. I had unstable issue with the first black ops and now this piece of is unplayable. Treyarch is a ****ty developer and all they care is the Xbox 360 version. The PC and PS3 is a very ****ty port. I will never buy anything from them again.
  73. May 19, 2013
    remember cod4? yeah it was awesome, right? something you want to remember, right?
    this is something you want to walk away from, the most unbalanced weapons, scorestreaks, (c4, jumping around/bunnyhopping, dropshots) and WORST LAGSERVERS, all just for the price of 110$, go ahead, buy it
  74. Nov 14, 2012
    Same old boring game as the previous ones. Why do I keep spending money on this franchise, I must be an idiot to keep supporting this company. It looks like I'm not the only one though, makes me feel better.
  75. Nov 19, 2012
    Alright ... i finished the story mode and played some Multiplayer.
    Indeed the game is full of bugs I laughed when I saw some of the same bugs of the previous CoD versions. I enjoyed a little the Single Player. The Multiplayer ... please remove auto-aim and make some new maps, I noticed some maps are the damn same. CoD, Y U NO BETA TEST !?
  76. Feb 17, 2013
    One of the disappointments of 2012! Poor wherever you look: graphics, sound, gameplay, story. Very little or nothing to rescue.
    The greatest damage is in the graphics. Disastrous!
    A shame, it could have been a good game.
  77. Nov 19, 2012
    It's just more of the same: Shoot, run, done. Good storyline? Of course not, as usual. Uncreative games like that only sells because of the multiplayer. And the worst part is that I know people who keep buying, knowing that it will be the same.
  78. Jun 9, 2013
    ruined game. the first one was amazing, it was based on precision and skill in multiplier but now.... Even the zombie maps were ruined. all the maps look horrid, the background imaging is basic, and even the AI is terrible. the amount of money this corporation has they should be able to afford there own servers. not cheap out and use players as there servers. the fact the next game was announced a couple of days after the last DLC was made, proves how half ass'ed these are. small machine guns have more ammo, more damage, and better accuracy then an LMG. Great logic. Expand
  79. Jul 4, 2013
    I have to wonder why the directors of Black Ops 2 would make the campaign so unbearable that no one would ever want to attempt to play it again. The agony of sitting through boring and annoying story lines and constantly being stopped in action where you cannot control your character is beyond devastating. I hope no one actually wants to collect all the INTEL and obtain achievements because they won't let you go back and choose to replay the scene again. Even if you do, the pain of waiting on the stupid story to stop and start and stop and start again will most certainly remove any desire you had of wanting to play it in the first place. With that said, the potential is there to enjoy yourself as the campaign would be great otherwise. Too bad the people at Treyarch are not very smart and decided to be a-holes to the gaming community by wasting their time. I promise to never buy Treyarch products again in my lifetime if they do not add a patch to remove these story lines and just let up play the campaign as quickly as possible. I have combined about 400 hours on COD4 and MW2 single player campaigns because they are easy to enter and exit. I am at 9 hours with BO2 and only had 4 hours with BO. It is so difficult to enjoy something when idiots incorporate all the BS. Expand
  80. Nov 17, 2012
    The same game, but worst. Without AI, without graphics, This game in PC is simply bad. One year ahead, same game of 2004. In 2004 this game is an 8, now is a 3.
  81. Nov 14, 2012
    wow this game **** sucked dick. Activision you need to learn that people will not continue to buy your cash cow franchise if its not gonna change. Graphics are **** terrible, maps are reused from mw3 and 2 lol wtf. Seriously you make people pay for this **** you should be shut down as a company this is pathetic. This is just wrong. Move on from an overused engine its quake 3 lol its been out for like 14 years. This game is uninspired trash. I want a refund ffs. Expand
  82. Nov 13, 2012
    bad bad, i can't install the game beacuse the second disc is of mass effect 2 Played the single part and the zombie mod on pc. Trust me! Treyarch did absolutely nothing about the PC graphics part. DirectX11 is sure as hell no in this game. Nice marketing tric they pulled on the pc gamer
  83. Mar 6, 2013
    Another copy and paste from every other Call of Duty for the past few years. Basically milking you 59.99 for expansion content. Call of Duty use to be awesome...and then Activision came...This game offers NOTHING significantly new in terms of content and graphics etc......and is just a cash cow milking YOU, the consumer
  84. Nov 27, 2012
    After Treyarch did the dirty on PC players with the no dedicated servers crap, did they actually expect people to like a MW3 clone? Call of Duty is dead! Thank you for nothing, Treyarch!
  85. Dec 8, 2012
    Feels like the same old CoD all over again. Really disappointing graphics on the PC. Poor widescreen support and all for a hefty price. Wishing I didn't spend my money on this game now.
  86. Nov 13, 2012
    worst cod title to date.
    a lot of things are improved with this version, but more things are broken.
    yes, lag compensation is still in the game and worse than ever.
    lag comp is something that should never be implemented into a game that's geared toward competitive gamers.
    I'm going to try to get a refund now, I already know they wont change their netcode or fix the massive heap of
    broken things with this one. Expand
  87. Nov 13, 2012
    Same engine, Same formula, a few new guns... I'm not sold.

How year after year people flock to the new edition of the call of duty franchise I'm not sure. The best Modern Warfare game was the original, since then the franchise has gone slowly downhill with each new installation. I would advise people to stay away from this one.
  88. Nov 16, 2012
    i am all about singeplayer and i must say its not good
    maybe if the graphics was up to date then my score was around 7
    i think that "medal of honor warfighter" did a better job not only with the graphics but with gameplay to.
    "medal of honor warfighter" sticks you to the chair.
    i think bop2 didnt need a sequel.
    so if want agood FPS go with "medal of honor warfighter".
  89. Nov 21, 2012
    Just another call of duty of the assembly line. They spent some time making new maps and then called it black ops 2, anyone who buys this game should really reconsider, just think you are paying $59.99 for download content. I for one will never pay $59.99 for download content.
  90. Jul 2, 2013
    Seriously... the game never changes, they need to do something different with the game. The battlefield series changes sooo much each time keeping the game fresh, why can't call of duty do this, its not only Treyarch doing it but also Infinity Ward. I would have rather paid £50 for Minecraft than £10 on this game. Overall the campaign was better than the multiplayer because at least the story line changes a bit however the online never changes and at least there is Zombies which may account for a bit of the game but overall the game is terrible. Expand
  91. Dec 30, 2012
    Boring as hell, multiplayer is dull too. Why o why dont you go back to Cod2 style multiplayer servers instead of restricting players to your **** lobby setup. Idiots at blizzard cant stop **** up games. Living off reputation of games made 3 years ago and producing utter ****e. Bring back the original development team of cod because whoever is running the show now is useless.........
  92. Apr 24, 2013
    gonna divide this is 3: - Campain: its painfuly booooooring, would be worst if it wasnt for Menedez. Also the decitions? thats the only choice it matters is the very last one the others are exuces. - Multiplayer: nothing really new exept for a few thing. - Zombies: fun as always and pretty inovative. the only thing that worths at all is Zombie mode and its not THAT good. you would get bored soon.
    Besides why wasting money in this game if they are already going to release a new one soon. dont give your money to them! use that money for a game that actually woth and has iniciative like Battlefield 3 or Uncharted 3
  93. Sep 7, 2013
    Definitely the worst game of the franchise as of now (but Ghost's trailers and gameplay videos show that Activision still has a lot of space to dig down to the bottom of this CoD'nfusion). The lame singleplayer with rubbish plot about cyberterrorists, the strike ops mode which was made only to be in the game. Zombies became silly and blunt with these new overtwist of plot and mechanics. Multiplayer introduced nothing new, except the bad "pick-10" and wildcards, imbalanced perks and weapons (which also sound like someone in the weapon is participating in the quick spitting competition, oh, and SMGs doesn't look to have recoil at all), etc. This list can be continued. Don't buy this game. RIP Call of Duty. Expand
  94. Jan 12, 2014
    The multiplayer is trash unbalenced, awful hit detection,lag, boring campaign , **** zombies, and all the dlcs were a copy from BO1 and the fact its the **** SAME GAME FROM COD 4!!!!!!!!
  95. Nov 15, 2012
    Still the exact same gameplay as medal of honor which cod first tipped off 10 years ago.
    Stil the same flaws like the awful spawn system.

No server browser, no more mod support, no rcon tools, narrow fov.
    The series has regressed since cod4 and deserves a score that reflects that, it was never a very good game but now it's a mediocre game with a lot of features missing.
  96. Nov 13, 2012
    Just another mappack, thats how to describe this game best. Seems that activision is one of the few studios that can get away with just rehashing a game year after year and have people pay the full amount of 60 euros for it.

This game is such a shameless ripoff to the previous that it's almost insulting to the gaming industry in general. The critic reviews are obviously paid reviews
    seeing as this game gets a 9 on average. In short this game doesn't do anything to revolutionize or even improve upon the existing FPS model. It doesn't even give you top notch graphics for the money you pay. Expand
  97. Feb 21, 2013
    I don't understand how these game sells so well. COD4 was the best and last great game in the series. BLOPS II is lackluster and the devs have no creativity as it shows in the maps. The graphics are dated and the console match making is lame. The only good thing about this game is that I didn't pay full price for it. BTW the latest MOH is better than this game. I will play it as a filler game and to play some Zombies. Expand
  98. Nov 18, 2012
    I would say this is a copy and paste game but they changed it up a little. Yet it's the same run and gun game as always just worst in a way. I find it hard to understand why people keep buying call of duty games when all they should do is keep playing cod4 or quit playing cod altogether. After each cod they get worst and worst. and just from the user scores before my score I can see the community agrees with me... Good luck to all past cod lovers, I am one of them but with these new call of duty's I have been nothing but let down.... so in closing think about how bad MW3 was and times it by 3 and you got BO2. good luck gamers Expand
  99. Apr 16, 2013
    The problem with Black Ops, and most of the CoD series, is that there's no challenge in most of the series. It's extremely under-rated and the gameplay is just the same over, and over again. Most game developers would at least add something new to a game to make it that little bit extra enjoyable, but no, they decided to add zombies instead. Come on, this is 2013, not 2005.
  100. Mar 6, 2013
    Little to nothing redeeming about this game. It's the same rehashed crap that Activision keeps pushing onto weak gamers who think they need the latest CoD release. Quit funding these yearly releases and you might actually get a game worth spending $60 on.
  101. Jan 4, 2014

1. Dec 30, 2012
    The Corn Flakes of multiplayer first-person shooters. We've been sick of eating it for some time, now. [Jan 2013, p.80, 81]
    Black Ops II brings evolution to the series unfortunately, the evolution that is incomplete. Only one part of the game deserves a top ranking – multiplayer. [Christmas 2012]
  3. Dec 12, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops II is saved by its multiplayer, as the campaign has surprisingly too many bad sections. Maybe now it's time to move on? [Dec 2012]