3.9

1. Mar 10, 2013
    This game is the same year after year. Run, point, shoot, die rinse and repeat. And the campaign is the same as every year. Go to war. Kill the main bad guy. The end. I am really disappointed and wont buy CoD unless this changes
  2. Sep 26, 2013
    Bad and repetitive multiplayer but awesome single player. The single player is superb. For those of you say that the single player sucks, look at BF3. It's even worst. Admit it.
  3. May 12, 2013
    Call of duty black ops 2 is probably the most disappointing game in call of duty series, which I otherwise hold a lot of. They have made a campaign that is strange and you do not understand why they are there.
    They make too much out of muliplayer and too little out of the campaign that I would always buy a game. There is almost no one on mulitplayer over the computer. Everyone plays the same so after a few hours it will be too various forms.
    COD: Black ops 2 is probably the baddest game in the series ever ..
    The game is a waste of money.
    I'm a huge COD fan, but I do not even know if I will buy the new COD: Ghost
    Fingers crossed for you Infinity Ward!
    Now create a good game so I do not regret my purchase once more.
  4. Jun 11, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is a game which tries to be original but ends up being another good shooter.
    Concept: 6/10
    Graphics: 7/10
    Sound: 9/10
    Playability: 10/10
    Entertainment: 8/10
    Total Score: 7/10
  5. Jun 18, 2013
    I hate how cods have progressed into a yearly title. The story line was low quality, full of plot holes, and repedetive, the only reason for this game is the multiplayer and Zombies. Even then the online gameplay is more of the same.
  6. Jul 28, 2013
    It's the exact same as last year and as usual somehow took two years to market and another year to make work correctly.
    Now to be honest it's true, same thing since Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, same engine, several powerful guns, several useless guns, and the rest are just there. The story as normal is pointless to play unless if you want to perfect the game, at least this year you can influece said story and have a slightly different ending. Side-quest mode (AKA Zombies) is the same thing from Black Ops 1, only this time you can build stuff and that the characters are new, yet this time forgetable. I can say though that I enjoyed Mob of the Dead, finally providing a challenge to survive. Finally the thing that makes all of the cal of duty fans go crazy, the broken and useless multiplayer. I'm actually pretty good at it (2.27 Kills to Death Ratio and a 1.21 Win to Loss Ratio) and I still do not enjoy myself when I play it, it's a torture to play even when you are good, somehow though this game keeps a massive fan boy following. I've played both the console and PC editions and none of them are any different, and that's to be expected since Activision is too busy eiter working on another series of pointless and bad cash ins, or the next Call of Duty. My personal opinion, if you want a Call of Duty game, buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: World at War, together thay are half the price of Black Ops 2 and are both exceedingly better than this years rehash. And a Fun Fact, the graphics are actually worse than World at War somehow, go figure.
  7. Sep 9, 2013
    This game is like constipation... Same different day or call of duty case same every November.
    same engine, same graphics, same America kill everything, same mechanics, etc
    also the price WTF £50 for a game that has 1% more features than the last copy/clone
    THIS GAME SHOWS THE GREED OF THE COD FRANCHISE!
    DO NOT BUY, JUST BUY THE OLDER VERSIONS WHICH ARE STILL £30
  8. Sep 14, 2013
    The multiplayer, is okay, I guess, well it's far more balanced than the previous games, there are no guns that are basically overpowered, perks are fine, and I liked how they turned the Sleight Of Hand perk into an attachment. But the Campaign is the reason why I rate this game a five.
  9. Oct 3, 2013
    Oh im just been informed this isn't just Black Ops with a texture pack. Surprising. The story is all over the place, there is no characterization, and everything is predictable. Level design is horrible and has you running through halls. There are some changes in multiplayer which make it even less balanced. there is one change that is good, but it isn't worth 60 dollars.
  10. Oct 17, 2013
    I have bought the game on release date for the PlayStation 3 and was Very Disappointed, The graphics have not yet improved passed the Call Of Duty 4 engine. The Guns & Gameplay feel really repetitive. Ever Since Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, The series has been going down exponentially. Also The, Campers & Douchebag Clans,Fanboy's and young kids on this Mature rated game makes theI have bought the game on release date for the PlayStation 3 and was Very Disappointed, The graphics have not yet improved passed the Call Of Duty 4 engine. The Guns & Gameplay feel really repetitive. Ever Since Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, The series has been going down exponentially. Also The, Campers & Douchebag Clans,Fanboy's and young kids on this Mature rated game makes the playing experience drop to a whole, but props to Treyarc for a great Call Of Duty: Zombies Game. i think its the only thing they get right in the series. so in conclusion. i'd say the multiplayer aspect is DEAD. but zombies is quite fun.

11. Oct 22, 2013
    OMG BEST GAME EVVVER, LOVE THE PART WHEN YOU KILL PEOPLE, 360 NO SCOPE!!!!!! SO MUCH FUNN. Love all the 8 year olds on online btw. Me Luve tihs GAAAMMMMME IT SO FUUUN, BEST. ME SOOOO GOOD AT IT
  12. Oct 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Call of Duty: Black Ops II is the obvious sequel to Call of Duty: Black Ops. The game is split into three modes;
    Campaign
    Multi-player
    and Zombies

The campaign gives you the role of playing as a person. I can't remember the protagonists name, because it's so bland. The story is pretty much the same as Modern Warfare 3, but somewhere down the line Treyarch went "we need dem feels in the game, guys" and added an extra story mechanic of the protagonists father was shot by his friend. And the actual story we were told about in E3 starts at the second to last level, which ruins the whole game. The Multi-Player is the same, with normal players stuck between TryHard's and Pro Snipers. And they have nearly ruined the only thing keeping the series alive, Zombies. This time the characters are forgettable, unlike their original counterparts who I still love as a zombie player. The gamemode only still lives thanks to its final DLC, Apocalypse, that brought back Dempsy, Roctoffen, Nickolai and Takeo, and adding a brilliant twist to the storyline. Overall the game is a forgettable mess, that I'm giving a three to so Medal of Honor: Warfighter still has a lower score.
  13. Sep 29, 2014
    Once again fooled by the trickery activision, same as ever before, nothing new. Oh I know theres this new kill streak award or this new gun or what ever, but let me ask. Is it really worth the money? Is the single player really anything new? both answers are no. Don't get cod, its just an repeat. and oh yeah judging a game by its graphics is like judging a book by its cover.
  14. Nov 15, 2012
    Every year Activision chums the water seeking mindless carnivores who continue to eat the detritus of last year's rotting corpse. This year is no different than the last five. If you decide to spend the $60 for the game or $80 on the DLX Edition or $50 on the Season Pass go ahead. A fool and his money are soon parted.
  15. Dec 4, 2012
    Weak (shockingly boring) campaign, poorly plotted, linear to the point of funneling the player into a virtual tunnel (even preventing flanking the opposition), a real lack of game-play innovation, bad software quality, poor performance tuning / optimization, and appears not to have been even superficially play-tested in parts. Overall a shoddy release not worthy of being a sequel. MW, MW2,Weak (shockingly boring) campaign, poorly plotted, linear to the point of funneling the player into a virtual tunnel (even preventing flanking the opposition), a real lack of game-play innovation, bad software quality, poor performance tuning / optimization, and appears not to have been even superficially play-tested in parts. Overall a shoddy release not worthy of being a sequel. MW, MW2, Black Ops1 are absolute classics. MW3 suffered from bad plotting, but Black Ops 2 takes that deficiency, adds a whole bunch of other letdowns, and is really disappointing. Expand
  16. Nov 14, 2012
    The runs like butter, it has everything a PC gamer would want for a PC system. The game is really well done, they improved zombies, the multiplayer with the pick 10, and the single player is overall a different experience. The reason why I made my score a 10, is because this game is deff not a 3.1. Im not a COD HUGE FAN, I've only played black ops 1 & 2, and mw3. So far, if your askingThe runs like butter, it has everything a PC gamer would want for a PC system. The game is really well done, they improved zombies, the multiplayer with the pick 10, and the single player is overall a different experience. The reason why I made my score a 10, is because this game is deff not a 3.1. Im not a COD HUGE FAN, I've only played black ops 1 & 2, and mw3. So far, if your asking about the differences between the PC verisons of mw3 and black ops 2, there is a lot. They added FOV up to 80, a patch coming to make it to 90. The controls are better, you no longer have to press spacebar to stand from crouching like in black ops 1. The graphics compare to the first black ops are so much better. The game runs like butter. They even added a FPS meter to display your FPS. The game is in 3 different .exe's. So you don't have to install the WHOLE game to play multiplayer, only the things you need. (You may need to download the single player, not sure, I installed them all).

If these people are saying that the game is the same, and should be a low rating, they are wrong. This game does everything fine, and doesn't have any issues to have a low rating. The stuff they do they do it right.

Good:
    The pick 10 system allows for some type of loadouts we never have seen. This is awesome, black ops 2, now give you even more control with how you want to create your class.

The league play works awesome. You gotta do 5 pre-games before you are ranked, then your placed into a certain rank, similar to Starcraft 2. Also, they've unlocked all items for loadouts of course.

The game includes text chat within matches, and voice. (A lot of new games don't do this, specially the ones that are direct "ports", like everyone here is saying it is).

The single player missions are REALLY well done. If you just start off playing the single player, your are constantly doing something different. Your not always just killing people, and once again the story is really well done.

Hmm... the engine runs like butter on the PC.

For the emblem system, they added (I believe) 32 layers for you to create something. Another amazing improve from the first black ops.

They added two new modes including multi team (teams of 3, I think its 3 teams? Im not a big mult-team player). And they added hard point, which is like a king of the hill. --On top of the new modes, they changed the way 'fun modes' work. Like 'One in the chamber' or 'Gun game', these games now give you XP for playing them. So people that want to just level up by that way can!

So far, with the online, The matchmaking system is working awesome for me. Treyarch, to me, did an amazing job with the online. It works perfectly fine, just as if your playing on a Xbox 360.

Like there is just so many things they added to this game, its hard for me to even wanna type it all out.

Its a great game, and doesn't deserve a 3.1. I never review games on metacritic, but I give credit, where credit is due. I believe black ops 2 is 10x better then mw3 for so many reasons, and if you can't see that, then I guess don't buy it.

Rated a 9 for the PC verison.

Bad:
    No elite on PC yet.
  17. Nov 15, 2012
    I really dont know what people expect from call of duty series...Most of the people says that there is nothing new in this game but people are talking for non sense I think because COD is a shooter game with a perfect stories and they trying to put more and more actions in every game they made.what do people want from this game? solve riddles or someting like that? It is CALL OF DUTY! youI really dont know what people expect from call of duty series...Most of the people says that there is nothing new in this game but people are talking for non sense I think because COD is a shooter game with a perfect stories and they trying to put more and more actions in every game they made.what do people want from this game? solve riddles or someting like that? It is CALL OF DUTY! you must congragulate those people who made this game.Fantastic history, excellent actions and more...I just found a problem that is some of the missions are very repeatable, for example I couldnt swing the other side of the mountain for 6 or 7 times it was hard to do.But at the end its a good game and accept it Expand
  18. Nov 19, 2012
    Мне игра понравилась гораздо больше, чем последний МВ 3. СвежиеМне игра понравилась гораздо больше, чем последний МВ 3. Свежие идеи в сингле, неплохая оптимизация, более чем вменяемый мультиплеер. Жаль, конечно, что до сих пор не перешли на новый движок, но зато люди, у которых слабый компьютер, смогут поиграть без проблем. Для меня идеалом мультиплеера до сих пор является МВ 2, как из нее смогли сделать такое непотребство, как МВ 3, не укладывается в голове, поэтому я очень рад, что Treyarch смогли сделать отличный мультиплеер, в который приятно поиграть.Не понимаю, как некоторым кажется, что Блэк Опс 2 похож на МВ 3, это бред, абсолютно разные игры!!! Твердые 8 баллов! Expand
  19. Nov 13, 2012
    This is a terrible, terrible, rehash of the same game that they release every year. I don't know why people keep buying this, I certainly didn't. I only needed a little taste to see that I wasn't missing anything at all.
  20. Nov 14, 2012
    This game is possibly the biggest piece of **** call of duty since call of duty 3. the story is boring and the multiplayer sucks. The only good thing is the zombies, but there's really no way to screw that up, so im not even gonna give them credit for that
  21. Nov 13, 2012
    Well well well. I actually quite enjoyed BO1, however this new "innovation" is pretty much a rehash of MW3 with different guns and a different class system. The gameplay feels exactly the same (which is not good, because the BO1 gameplay was quite good). And the maps are also pretty poor. Finally the unlock system is also pretty bad - almost like they're trying to even the fieldWell well well. I actually quite enjoyed BO1, however this new "innovation" is pretty much a rehash of MW3 with different guns and a different class system. The gameplay feels exactly the same (which is not good, because the BO1 gameplay was quite good). And the maps are also pretty poor. Finally the unlock system is also pretty bad - almost like they're trying to even the field because so many people are terrible at this game. Expand
  22. Nov 18, 2012
    Ok so I've already reviewed this game but after playing it solidly on multiplayer for the last 5 days (off work broken leg) I thought I'd do another. I've marked it down to 4 from five because....

Gunplay, colision detection is appaling, you don't need to be on target just in the general area, I've been awarded headshots when I've hit players in the chest and had kills that were around an arm length away from the body.
    Perks/Upgrades, really clunky and confusing (at first) some of the perks/upgrades are just not worth the bother.
    Graphics/engine, I know if a game has solid gameplay graphics should not be an issue but come on, no destructible scenery, falling off the edge of maps ? this is 2012 ffs. There should be slightly more realistic gun mechanics, pistol headshots across the map with no bullet drop ? Yeah right.. Also bullets will pass through walls made of metal but be stopped dead by walls made of wood, what gives ?
    Sound, seriously bad just seriously seriously bad.
    General stuff, just a really really disappointing game, you can get killed by something like a RCd or dragonfire and have no warning of it' approach or time to get into cover or even any idea what you've been killed by, hardcore mode isn't, switching to pistol when you've clipped out is very slow, a hell of a lot of camping spots and very little room for team based gameplay. A lot of people are saying buy BF3 it's better, yes this is true but BLops2 and BF3 are completely different games with different objective, no way could Blops2 be described as a 'realistic wargame', I'd say buy MW1 or 2 better gameplay and a hell of a lot cheaper. There are some good points though, the maps are ok, ummm thats about it really I'm struggling to think of something else good....it's a bit like the Halo series, some great maps on there but horribly slow clunky junky spunky gameplay.

To all those giving it 0 come on, be a bit objective at least very few games are worth 0.

Just a few words about me. Been gaming since the days of Space Invaders and Scramble, played pretty much every platform and genre out there and remeber when games were a challenge and made you think, now my old old brain is so curdled all I can do is run around and shoot people, just as well really with depthless crap like MW3 and Blops2 around.
  23. Nov 17, 2012
    This game is not worth even pirating, whats wrong with the industry, they buried a great franchise. To this day I still wasnt able to finish mw3, that is how bad these games have become. COD4 was the last COD game.
  24. Nov 22, 2012
    Liked if for a day. Then I hated it like any other CoD. Multiplayer is **** and full of tryhards, Only good for campaign. Waste of money. I was really expecting a change but nope. Not buying any CoD ever again.
  25. Nov 13, 2012
    This "game" is garbage. As one of the misfortunate people who purchased a retail copy of this packaged fecal matter, I was first enraged by how the second disc isn't actually Black Ops II, but it was Mass Effect 2 instead (Yes, the rumors are true.) then I could not fathom the first mission. The audio quality is just awful, and the script is even worse. Don't buy this game, its neitherThis "game" is garbage. As one of the misfortunate people who purchased a retail copy of this packaged fecal matter, I was first enraged by how the second disc isn't actually Black Ops II, but it was Mass Effect 2 instead (Yes, the rumors are true.) then I could not fathom the first mission. The audio quality is just awful, and the script is even worse. Don't buy this game, its neither worth your money, nor is it worth the space on your hard drive. There's also NO use of DX11, and the matchmaking services are terrible as well. I just can't wait until Activision runs this into the ground just like Guitar Hero. Expand
  26. Nov 13, 2012
    If you like Modern Warfare buy this .. same game .. it is NOT Black Ops.. so mad I wasted another 60 bucks on what I thought was going to be a good Call of Duty.. Black Ops was the crap.. this game IS CRAP. Fast paced shooter like quake but with a Military Skin on everything... people die with a single shot to the crotch.. everyone runs fast.. I want my money back.. if You liked the modIf you like Modern Warfare buy this .. same game .. it is NOT Black Ops.. so mad I wasted another 60 bucks on what I thought was going to be a good Call of Duty.. Black Ops was the crap.. this game IS CRAP. Fast paced shooter like quake but with a Military Skin on everything... people die with a single shot to the crotch.. everyone runs fast.. I want my money back.. if You liked the mod warefare series if you liked the realism of Black Ops dont buy this Expand
  27. Nov 13, 2012
    no inovation in this game - copie of DLC of BO1. MP classment very crazy. DX11 - where is this used? No dedicated server. its more jump & run as shooter
  28. Nov 13, 2012
    And downhill we continue to roll. Compared to the first Black Ops, this game is an incredible downgrade when comparing weapon balancing, movement, and overall game-play. Aiming down the sights is virtually dead. Every map, even ones that seem sniper friendly on the surface, all you need is a high fire rate sub-machine gun to mow players down. And unless they are at quite a longAnd downhill we continue to roll. Compared to the first Black Ops, this game is an incredible downgrade when comparing weapon balancing, movement, and overall game-play. Aiming down the sights is virtually dead. Every map, even ones that seem sniper friendly on the surface, all you need is a high fire rate sub-machine gun to mow players down. And unless they are at quite a long distance, aiming is simply not necessary. Players move unrealistically fast compared to previous installments, and even though maps are bigger on average than BO1, the speed and absolutely horrible re-spawn mechanics make the maps feel much smaller and simply more frustrating. Map design itself is horrid and seemingly rushed with no consideration of play mechanics or strategy. With BO1 and earlier CoD games every map seemed to have some advantage to picking the right weapon. That is not the case by far with BO2. As previously mentioned a fast firing sub-machine gun is all you need for every map every time. The games outdated graphics engine is about 5 years old now and very much showing it's age. Virtually "cartoony" at this point. A sure sign that no effort went into this game from a design perspective.

The "dedicated servers", even though known to be owned and controlled by 3arc with no mods allowed, could be considered an outright lie to the consumers. We see the same style game matching as with MW3. The only upside is that ping/latency seems to be a tad bit better. It's very difficult to tell but this could be the result of matches being hosted on "dedicated servers" as opposed to peer-to-peer. It's also difficult to say if that's moving in the right direction.....because as PC games are concerned....true dedicated / player owned servers have always given us the best play experience. That's because we get lower pings, a better social experience where you get to play with and befriend those on your favorite servers, but also the server admins can "police" a server and ban cheaters/hackers that circumvent the shoddy anti-cheat measures Valve and 3arc try to impose. Sadly I must recommend to all skilled players to avoid this game completely....as it takes no skill to actually play. The continued dumbing down caters to a common play-style that young children and pre/young teens enjoy..... which is spray, pray, and call people racist & derogatory terms. That may be present in all on-line games but when traditionally you would have older teens and young adults as the majority skilled player such occurrences, especially on a true dedicated server, were fairly uncommon.

This player had high hopes for BO2. Eagerly awaiting an improvement on BO1 for some fun, balanced, and skilled game-play. Unfortunately what we receive is a dumbed down abomination of MW3.

Between Activision's loss of touch with the gaming community and EA's continued poor quality renditions the market is prime for a new entry into this genre. Someone, please save us.
  29. Nov 13, 2012
    Same game, just few new skins. Also a lot of the copies came with a Mass Effect 2 disk instead...WTH, If you're looking for a new and exciting game, play Deus Ex or something. There are better games out there.
  30. Nov 15, 2012
    This Game deserves a 9 over 10 but because of all the improper, false, unrealistic, nooby made reviews i hade to give it a 10 to boost the overall all score. Black ops 2 is by far the second best call of duty since Call of duty 4: modern warfare. Single player offers so much as well as the multiplayer. Zombie mode has modes in them which gives it a much more lasting appeal. The game givesThis Game deserves a 9 over 10 but because of all the improper, false, unrealistic, nooby made reviews i hade to give it a 10 to boost the overall all score. Black ops 2 is by far the second best call of duty since Call of duty 4: modern warfare. Single player offers so much as well as the multiplayer. Zombie mode has modes in them which gives it a much more lasting appeal. The game gives so much variety and fun. I undoubtedly recommend this game to any True FPS Fan. This Game Is truly what the fans asked for and Treyarch has given it to us. I was always an infinity ward fan but since West and Zampella left Mw3 sucked and Mw2 was a nice arcade style shooter But To Date COD4 Is still and most probably be The best call of duty in the series (especially on pc cuz of the mods:P) Expand
  31. Nov 14, 2012
    I have been waiting months for BO II to come out now. Then I find that the game is $180 USD if you include all day one and deluxe content. Which lowers the score I give by 4 points. Also the option to preorder was removed before the 14th. So I think my score is valid and now knowing how bad and buggy the game is I feel like I'm rating it too high.
  32. Nov 19, 2012
    I'll give Treyarch a 3/10 for the campaign.
    Everything else is simply a rehashed version of MW3, containing characters from Black Ops.
    The multiplayer leaves more to be desired, with multiple guns being unbalanced and only 1 additional game mode was added.
    All in all just another COD game that will not change its course unless people stop buying...
  33. Nov 23, 2012
    Campaign story is so bad it makes Uwe Boll seem like Spielberg, graphics look like they took a step back from MW3 and cant quite put my finger on it but there's something about multilayer that just feels off and not in any positive way. I am usually a fan of CoD but it looks like this time the haters were right this game is a big waste of 60$ and a giant leap back for the franchise
  34. Dec 5, 2012
    This is the first Call of Duty game I bought since COD 4 and will also be my last. First, lag in multiplayer is unacceptable. I've been a PC gamer my entire life starting with the Quake/Doom days and never seen multiplayer lag this horrible. It seems to punish fast connections and being on a 100mbit fiber line, I always feel like I'm getting screwed over every fight. They forgot toThis is the first Call of Duty game I bought since COD 4 and will also be my last. First, lag in multiplayer is unacceptable. I've been a PC gamer my entire life starting with the Quake/Doom days and never seen multiplayer lag this horrible. It seems to punish fast connections and being on a 100mbit fiber line, I always feel like I'm getting screwed over every fight. They forgot to calibrate the compensation because its a POS. What a waste of money. Single player is a joke. Acting is laughable and missions are boring and the graphics/sound are way worse than multiplier. Action is high but over the top insane and it there is really no point to it all. Game is now uninstalled. Expand
  35. Jan 18, 2013
    horrible this game. lagcompesation monster, ridiculously poorly designed maps, made for noobs
    Very bad game, it was fan of the beautiful Treyarch COD WAW ​​work, but she disappointed me this garbage
  36. Feb 14, 2013
    the only reason i bought this game was for the zombies but it lacks the humour the waw and bo1 zombies because they changed the characters the single player was tolerable and strike force was a step in the right but the multiplayer feels unbalanced so if treyarch wants me to come back to this game they need to nerf some stuff but overall an ok game
  37. Mar 12, 2013
    Was fun for a bit. Got to max prestige in two months. I hate the exclusivity crap for 360. Also I didn't like having to wait until 3AM (I'm eastern time), to play on release. I would have liked to play right after it came out. The game became very melancholy very quick.
  38. Nov 13, 2013
    Still selling for $60 on Steam, that is a complete disappointment, it's a decent game, at a horrendous price. Don't buy it unless it's on a big sale. I would pay $30 or less for this game. (BO2 also has pretty bad graphics for a game made recently.)
  39. May 31, 2014
    I was very disappointed when I bought this game. The maps were quite bad and the game has simply gotten too noob friendly.
    I used to be a big fan of the call of duty game, but this is the last CoD game I will ever buy. The people behind the call of duty series don't seem to care much about the people who buy the game.
  40. Jun 3, 2014
    Call of Duty series always made me feel like it was more of a modern warfare combat instead of all the Alien/Advance weapon crap other games throw in for you. However, Call of Duty: Black Ops II was so disappointing that I wanted to get a refund for it. Don't ever waste your money on this game unless its a buy one get one free or something. The story of the game is what deserves a 1,Call of Duty series always made me feel like it was more of a modern warfare combat instead of all the Alien/Advance weapon crap other games throw in for you. However, Call of Duty: Black Ops II was so disappointing that I wanted to get a refund for it. Don't ever waste your money on this game unless its a buy one get one free or something. The story of the game is what deserves a 1, everything else. -10 Expand
  41. Nov 16, 2012
    Where do I begin. I guess I will begin with what is good. The Campaign was entertaining, and it mostly makes sense. A few plot holes here and there, but I can deal with that as ling as it entertains. Then I decided to open the multiplayer. Coming into the multiplayer I read a post by a Treyarch dev on twitter saying there were going to be dedicated servers. THAT IS WHY I BOUGHT THE GAME.Where do I begin. I guess I will begin with what is good. The Campaign was entertaining, and it mostly makes sense. A few plot holes here and there, but I can deal with that as ling as it entertains. Then I decided to open the multiplayer. Coming into the multiplayer I read a post by a Treyarch dev on twitter saying there were going to be dedicated servers. THAT IS WHY I BOUGHT THE GAME. What I did not realize was that shortly after the Black Ops 2 site announced that the GOD AWFUL MATCH MAKING SYSTEM WAS BACK! Why would any semi-intelligent person actually think that piece of garbage is a good idea. Dedicated servers are the norm for PC FPS games now, but it seems Activision cannot get that through their thick skull. The mindless drones that play Xbox do not care about dedicated servers. The PC community does. VAC DOES NOT WORK. IT HAS NEVER WORKED. WHY WOULD IT WORK FOR BO2? Cheaters are on every vac "secured" game. But do you want to know why they don't fill the servers of those games? Server admins are the best enforcers. They are playing on their server and make sure no one cheats. It also allows others to report the cheaters to their respective communities and have them banned from the server. Eventually in about 6 months or so VAC will ban them, but without the dedicated server enforcement that is way too much time. And the PC community likes to customize their playing experience. Crouch servers, sniper servers, No noob tube servers, 24/7 Nuketown servers, and a who slew of other custom servers are what the people want, not the stupid matchmaking system full of cheaters. So there: 1 point for an enjoyable campaign, Expand
  42. Nov 17, 2012
    Please stop funding these games. By buying this rehashed garbage, you support the industry's efforts at belittling and trivializing gaming. Every Call of Duty game or DLC pack you buy goes directly into weakening the claims of game as art or a form of expressive medium. These games represent the worst of where creativity and innovation lay in the industry: buried among indie developersPlease stop funding these games. By buying this rehashed garbage, you support the industry's efforts at belittling and trivializing gaming. Every Call of Duty game or DLC pack you buy goes directly into weakening the claims of game as art or a form of expressive medium. These games represent the worst of where creativity and innovation lay in the industry: buried among indie developers and new studios barely scraping by with new and interesting IPs. Do the industry and yourself a favor: go buy Natural Selection 2 instead. Expand
  43. Nov 14, 2012
    This has got to be the most revolting "steaming" pile of **** I've ever **** seen. First off Activision, try patching your God forsaken games before you release them to the public. I swear, it's like this game is still in it's Alpha stage of development. I've seen mod teams that produced WAY better games than this **** swill, and they didn't cost $60 dollars either, THEY WERE FREE! ThereThis has got to be the most revolting "steaming" pile of **** I've ever **** seen. First off Activision, try patching your God forsaken games before you release them to the public. I swear, it's like this game is still in it's Alpha stage of development. I've seen mod teams that produced WAY better games than this **** swill, and they didn't cost $60 dollars either, THEY WERE FREE! There hasn't been an inkling of effort or creativity put into this franchise since COD4 (RELEASED NEARLY 6 YEARS AGO), and I just find that **** pathetic. So, if you're sick and tired of playing the same old re-hashed bull**** every year, then just do the following: BOYCOTT THE **** Expand
  44. Nov 13, 2012
    The game is okay at best. It will take some time to grow on me. The issues I see after 1 hour or so of multiplayer are:

1. Of course no true dedicated servers - come on Treyarch, you got that right in Black Ops, why not BO2? 2. Sound is atrocious - grenades sound horrible, player sound is off. 3. No mouse sensitivity adjustment in menu It's COD, what can be said. Recycled and

It's COD, what can be said. Recycled and reused engine/graphics. You can see similarities in maps from other COD releases - layout and object structure.
  45. Nov 13, 2012
    Gave a provisional 8/10 based on a couple of hours of MP + SP - didnt try Zombies yet - I cannot say it looks any different than BlackOps 1 did - I did notice a Lens flare while looking at sun. Depth of Field is increased but I use it only on Low. This was a little disappointing as I was expecting more - The graphics options are as limited as always With that said, it looks good, levelsGave a provisional 8/10 based on a couple of hours of MP + SP - didnt try Zombies yet - I cannot say it looks any different than BlackOps 1 did - I did notice a Lens flare while looking at sun. Depth of Field is increased but I use it only on Low. This was a little disappointing as I was expecting more - The graphics options are as limited as always With that said, it looks good, levels are good as usual Kudos to the Level Designers, some of which come directly from the community of course! (at the exception so far for that Hollywood mansion, layout appears bad at first sight anyway). The levels I played were very detailed, each with their own animated props (like in BO1) which adds to the all experience - Sounds are good also, voices especially as muffle really works. The game runs very smooth, somewhat smoother than BF3 does for me but that can be explain by the smaller levels, etc.

On the gameplay, its COD, to me its the same as all the recent instalments since MW2 so you like or you dont - Im in the middle. HC is where its at for me anyway as in Softcore its worse than ever HUD/gizmos - wise.

Was really expecting a Server Browser but no such thing, its all lobbys - albeit running of dedicated servers we are told. Im not sure how it will pan out for clans to meet, etc.. overall joining a game was lightning fast - way under 20 seconds, 10-15 perhaps - impressive.

Im glad they added a way to remove perks all toghether at the player's wish. Wish everyone would do that On the SP, only played the first 2-3 missions, good story so far - providing you know the last BlackOps SP - very much on rails however as usual and too many real time scene where you just spectate or maybe press "S" :/
  46. Nov 13, 2012
    Where are the dx11 graphics? Where are the dedicated servers? Couldnt find gamre in lobby in first evening!! STOP THIS LOBBY CRAP!!! Spray weapons overpowered.

Nice zombie gametype, works nice(smooth)
  47. Dec 14, 2012
    I didn't particularly like Black Ops 1 but I finished the campaign and played the hell out of the multiplayer, Black Ops II on the other hand is nothing short of a terrible game. The graphics in this day and age are down right embarrassing. Makes you appreciate what EA did for the PC community with BF3. The cinematic intro at the beginning's lip sync is way off & the character models lookI didn't particularly like Black Ops 1 but I finished the campaign and played the hell out of the multiplayer, Black Ops II on the other hand is nothing short of a terrible game. The graphics in this day and age are down right embarrassing. Makes you appreciate what EA did for the PC community with BF3. The cinematic intro at the beginning's lip sync is way off & the character models look deformed. This engine is on its last legs. I've bought Call of Duty since 1 on the PC, skipped COD3 as I had no console. I've always played the campaign through first then started the multiplayer. Black Ops II's campaign is something to avoid, It is just a Michael Bay movie, pumped with testosterone, then turned into a game. The characters are unlikable, story is utterly confusing that multiple times i'll get to the point where I'm often wondering why I'm in this location & what am I doing. I'm 4 missions in and haven't touched the game in weeks. Any other Call of Duty I would finish the campaign in less than a week, I doubt i'll play it again.
    Multiplayer is nothing new, though unless you have an SMG or something with rapid fire, you're going to have a bad time with the hid detection being off/completely different to any other COD. It's just black ops 1 re-skinned with more "features" or "downgrades" as I would call them, move along.
  48. Dec 5, 2012
    Nothing really new. Campaign was alright but linear. Multiplayer takes no skill to play. Like CoD farmville so long as you pack a SMG w/ laser. Hit detection is garbage. No dedicated servers after PC players have been on about them since MW2. Host will always win so long as he has a brain and can push buttons. Very host-dependent. Imbalanced and not worth paying $60 for.
  49. Nov 18, 2012
    This game looks and feels bad all around. Character animations and guns appear to come directly from 3 years ago. Cutscenes look terrible. Story is just... It gets a 1 because marketing was able to fool me into buying this pos game.
  50. Nov 13, 2012
    For all those haters out there, there just afraid of change. So there are no dedicated servers? Big whoop. So the unlock system is different? It makes it more fair than a noob getting on and right away getting the best guns in the game. So the graphics are bad? Why should it matter? If its a good game I couldn't care if it had Atari graphics I would still play it.
  51. Nov 13, 2012
    Absolutely nothing new, if you would update World at War's graphics, you could not tell which one is the 5 years older game. And speaking of graphics, they seem strangely bad for a "triple A" game, i kept getting vibes of "console port" and "outdated engine"
    Single player is defined by the word Boring. I did not even want to play the optional "RTS"-style defense missions after the first mandatory one.
  52. Nov 27, 2012
    I don't know why peaople say that this game sucks and that it is awful. What did they expect?
    I really liked the game, mainly because MW3 was a piece of crap. It was boring, and exactly the same as MW2. Now here comes Black OPS 2, with some new elements, and people don't like it either. It was a pleasant surprise to me, because I thought it would be the same as other COD games, but it was something -partially- new. They didn't go too far with the future missions, but the past was kinda good as well.
    The graphics of course was not that big deal, but there WERE moments (not so many, though), when the game looked just beautiful. In conclusion, I liked the music, liked the plot, and the story wasn't that bad either, so I think it is enjoyable, and it is good, if not for else, but for relaxing.
  53. Nov 13, 2012
    The game is horrible, its the same as it's previous games. Gameplay's the same, Game engine's the same, it aint DX11... its still DX9.0c.. no physics, nothing. The only good thing is that it runs on Intel HD cards. The future war of the game feels like a mix of Crysis and BF2142. The sound of the game is pants, bullets are more quiet than the soundtracks, and if you ask me, the soundtracksThe game is horrible, its the same as it's previous games. Gameplay's the same, Game engine's the same, it aint DX11... its still DX9.0c.. no physics, nothing. The only good thing is that it runs on Intel HD cards. The future war of the game feels like a mix of Crysis and BF2142. The sound of the game is pants, bullets are more quiet than the soundtracks, and if you ask me, the soundtracks are really cheap! atleast the zombie mod is better than the previous. This game is just a marketing trick of Acitivision, same thing as EA or Apple is doing... marketing crap for high prices. It was nothing but a waste of my time! COD series is dead... Expand
  54. Nov 13, 2012
    basically. Just a same game, same animation but different reskin. Very boring and repetitive! I would not recommend buying this game at. I doubt they'll stop making CoD games in yearly basis...
  55. Nov 13, 2012
    Sub-par FPS. Campaign I'm playing on Veteran and it's easy mode, no challenge whatsoever. I fired up multiplayer today, all it is is a small map with guys running around in circles like it's a paintball game. Players are running and gunning using BAR .50 cal. rifles like it's a pistol.. yes boom one shot boom one shot without any realism whatsoever. If you like loud noises and have ADHD,Sub-par FPS. Campaign I'm playing on Veteran and it's easy mode, no challenge whatsoever. I fired up multiplayer today, all it is is a small map with guys running around in circles like it's a paintball game. Players are running and gunning using BAR .50 cal. rifles like it's a pistol.. yes boom one shot boom one shot without any realism whatsoever. If you like loud noises and have ADHD, this might be the game for you. Expand
  56. Nov 14, 2012
    This game deserves a 6/10, nothing less, nothing more.
    Gameplay is the same - run, gun, jump, dive, don't aim, use same couple guns. The game is fun time to pass time if you want to play with your nephew/cousin/elementary school kid you picked up, or people who suck at games, because they won't feel worthless.
    If you take gaming seriously, wait a few months when this game drops in price.
    This game deserves a 6/10, nothing less, nothing more.
    If you take gaming seriously, wait a few months when this game drops in price. This game, like the entire franchise after COD4, is just another "expansion pack." You get new maps, some which are designed well (although anything looks good compared to the trash in MW3). Unlock scheme/classes are "different." Still, you get generally the same perks, guns etc. It's hard to differentiate between guns since they behave pretty much the same, and require little skill to kill anyone. This game doesn't deserve above a 6, because it is the same game that was released every year for the past half-decade, and will be the same game released for every year for the rest of this decade.

It does not deserve less than a 6, because even though it is not remotely close to other FPS like CS or BF, it at least has a huge active community at each launch every year. Idiots will continue to buy this repackaged garbage every year, and it is always fun to ream them in multiplayer to accusations of "hacker" or "man this game sucks." **** on kids is always fun, and not many games require so little effort to give you this much chance **** on so many kids. Also, don't bother playing "League" matches unless you have 3 friends. The matchmaking is godawful. When I played with a team, 4/5 of our placement matches were against 4 non-friends, who rage quit 30 seconds into the round. Since the game was based strictly on a timer, we wasted 10 minutes per round just chasing 1 player around. Of course we got placed into "Gold," but at the cost of fun, time, and the other players. When I tried being placed solo, 3/5 matches I was left 1v4 in maps such as "capture the flag" or "domination." Even the for the most skilled player, it is impossible to win, although I at least top fragged (easy to do 1v4 as long as you always get a kill before you die) while completing the objectives several times. Still, I thought I deserved to be placed in Gold (playing against a gold rated clan in domination 2v4, and top fragging, top scoring, and most objective captures/defends), yet was placed in Silver.

TLDR, this game is fun if playing with unskilled friends and taking care of stress against the multitudes of idiotic noobs who continue to buy this game annually. Don't expect anything new or challenging though.
  57. Nov 14, 2012
    Yet another missed opportunity to reach out to the female gamers out there. And surprisingly I'm not that upset about it, from what all my friends who got it tell me, its not worth being upset about; they played it a few hours and came back to Halo 4.
  58. Nov 16, 2012
    This is one of the worst games I've played in recent times. Not only one of the worst but also the most overrated game ever. There is nothing good about this game. This game is bad. Nothing subjective about it, it's objectively bad. Every game is the same, not to mention each game is terrible so that's a double negative. If you played any other Call of Duty game, there's no point in buyingThis is one of the worst games I've played in recent times. Not only one of the worst but also the most overrated game ever. There is nothing good about this game. This game is bad. Nothing subjective about it, it's objectively bad. Every game is the same, not to mention each game is terrible so that's a double negative. If you played any other Call of Duty game, there's no point in buying this because you've already played it. Do not get it, it's glitchy, stupid and boring. Expand
  59. Nov 16, 2012
    Game is terrible, money is all they want, same old **** different year. zombies is probably the only thing worth playing, back to battlefield 3. Call of duty is only for fanboys
  60. Nov 18, 2012
    Exactly the same as every previous cod. Nothing really new. The the sp features are not really innovative.
    The MP is entertaining if you liked every other cod, but its just cod 1 with new gun textures. If you played other new fps titles you will be shocked by how bad the sound and atmosphere is. It sounds as if they bought the cheapest desktop mic they could find and made the gun sounds with that. Its shocking how much they charge for this considering how little they have done. This is not AAA quality.
  61. Nov 18, 2012
    I bought this game not expecting my mind to be blown or to have ground-breaking new content. I bought this game expecting a crappy single player ( got it ) and a fun multiplayer (didn't get it). Maps are way too small, aim down the sights is dead thanks to the overpowered SMG's, and the reason I stopped playing all together.....The plants are bullet proof! Need cover in that office? HideI bought this game not expecting my mind to be blown or to have ground-breaking new content. I bought this game expecting a crappy single player ( got it ) and a fun multiplayer (didn't get it). Maps are way too small, aim down the sights is dead thanks to the overpowered SMG's, and the reason I stopped playing all together.....The plants are bullet proof! Need cover in that office? Hide behind the man sized plant in the corner....It's like they looked at BO1 and said "How can we make this worse?"....Never again will I buy a COD title Expand
  62. Nov 18, 2012
    I give it a one because its a game. it would have given it another 7 points if it had Dedicated servers Server browser its really dumb that the pc version players have always hated MW23 for its lack of server browser but the Activision more then likely forced this garbage system on Treyarch as they would not be stupid enough to voluntarily add it themselves.
  63. Nov 19, 2012
    Let's just start with this **** game. Okay first off the single-player missions, the campaign is good, actually damn good, the dialog between every single character is amazing. So check out the singleplayer. But then we come to the worst multi-player ever. OMG!!! This was the most disappointed thing with this game. THE MULTI-PLAYER SUCKS!!!
  64. Nov 20, 2012
    Okay. It's another COD game. What do people expect? You can only put so much innovation in a first person shooter. All in all, I like this game on the 360, but it sucks on PC. Essentially, it is another console game released for the PC that is broken. In short, it is another Dark Souls. I will never purchase another PC game on the day of release ever again.
  65. Nov 21, 2012
    Every year COD creates a game using the same formula. easy game + lots of pointless rewards + lots of unlocks + super cool kill streaks = a game that will sell a **** tone of copies day 1 and keep people occupied until they release the next cod. NO support for their games, no community outreach, no intent to create a challenging game. THESE FRANCHISE MODEL NEEDS TO DIE.
  66. Nov 21, 2012
    the game is a piece of **** frafichs from 2009 ,is just the first cod black ops in the future. but now, you will have a more short campaign(yes, it is possible) , a horrible multiplayer, a horrible futurist immersion, a horrible art direction, a horrible graphics, a horrible ambiance, i will resume for you: a horrible that millions of childs will buy and millions of old fans will buy andthe game is a piece of **** frafichs from 2009 ,is just the first cod black ops in the future. but now, you will have a more short campaign(yes, it is possible) , a horrible multiplayer, a horrible futurist immersion, a horrible art direction, a horrible graphics, a horrible ambiance, i will resume for you: a horrible that millions of childs will buy and millions of old fans will buy and get disappointed Expand
  67. Nov 24, 2012
    Stop saying that black ops 2 have nothing new. this game is really good, they added lot of new stuff. You can choose your loadout before the mission, new RTS gameplay missions, new stuff in multiplayer and the polished ''zombies''.... SP is not boring, i dit not find any lag or hackers on the multiplayer. Some players may say that the gameplay is the same because of the engine, but blackStop saying that black ops 2 have nothing new. this game is really good, they added lot of new stuff. You can choose your loadout before the mission, new RTS gameplay missions, new stuff in multiplayer and the polished ''zombies''.... SP is not boring, i dit not find any lag or hackers on the multiplayer. Some players may say that the gameplay is the same because of the engine, but black ops 2 offers much more than other call of duties.... one of the best games of the franchise, its expensive, but its a must buy game. Expand
  68. Dec 4, 2012
    Solid overall, but not enough new features for a good review. This game is fun to play on multiplayer and zombie game modes. If you really want to you can play story mode, but it is like all COD story modes.... LAME
  69. Dec 7, 2012
    The same thing again!!! Anything new in multiplayer, and the single player whit dx11 grpahics,.. well i dont know where... it seems that the game was made in a hurry! If you buy only because the multiplayer, and know no one more go play mw3, buy this crap!
  70. Dec 7, 2012
    This and all other War Games are bad.
    It's a product of capitalist patriot Americans.
    I don't like America and it's kind of style.
    Europe is infested of America.
  71. Dec 14, 2012
    very bad game with the graphics of the 1988 year when gorbachev make perestroika. Only fools buy this game. Compare with battlefield 3 possible say that this game a peace of **** Red price of this game 10 cent in market day. Gameplay very poor and boring.
  72. Dec 20, 2012
    We only buy Call of Duty for it's multiplayer, if you don't, you're insane. The Call of Duty name will be around for a long time and has really set the standard for FPS titles, but Black Ops 2 lacks, badly.. I found myself spending the first week hooked, being around low level players and enjoying the game. Now, I won't even load it and the icon is collecting dust on my desktop. This gameWe only buy Call of Duty for it's multiplayer, if you don't, you're insane. The Call of Duty name will be around for a long time and has really set the standard for FPS titles, but Black Ops 2 lacks, badly.. I found myself spending the first week hooked, being around low level players and enjoying the game. Now, I won't even load it and the icon is collecting dust on my desktop. This game is unbalanced, aggravating and extremely dull in terms of content. The maps feel cheap and there's a lot of mechanical flaws in terms of hit box detection on occasion. Overall, the population on PC has dipped, and at nights in North America it can be almost impossible to find matches for certain game modes. Black Ops 2 was just a measly disappointment. Expand
  73. Feb 9, 2013
    Didn't like this. Bad graphics. Worse story than part 1, which I found quite enjoyable. 'Modern' 2025 stuff poorly executed. Bad AI. Strikeforce missions that suck balls. Unfortunately, there are better ways to spend my money.
  74. Mar 23, 2013
    Isn't it high time we boycott this franchise?

Yes, gamer, don't return slavishly to the call of doodoo! Especially if you are a pc player. Why? Just to to name a few reasons: -Cheese ridden arcade twitch game-play -Cynical monetization -Unassailable firewall btwn player and dev community -Ugly tendency in the online community, if you are not one for hostility toward the other.
    Isn't it high time we boycott this franchise?

-Cynical monetization
    -Unassailable firewall btwn player and dev community
    -Ugly tendency in the online community, if you are not one for hostility toward the other. Perhaps it follows from the model they've set up here.
    -Claustrophobic maps with no sniping but action sniping. No real tactics (flanking etc) but nonosecond tactics.
    -Ubiquitous hackers

Really that last one should do it, even if you care not for of the concerns above it. I concede that the game feel is unparalleled, but we can't allow them to ride that crack appeal forever, releasing as they do the same uninteresting game over and over. Compare to Madden. To see it done right, look no further than the roadmap for Planetside 2, itself a great game with much in the way of strategy, wonderful comm, tactics, stealth and sniping. In short, get your head out of the CoD and into the real game right, right?
  75. May 11, 2013
    After playing this during the free weekend, I can tell you that this game is nothing special. If they dropped the price to $20, it would better reflect the game's value.

Not much has changed here, you could go back to the old MW games, and see the same gameplay. The unlock system is confusing... I unlocked something I have to unlock? Talk about annoying. The graphics are nothing

The graphics are nothing special either. You actually can't hear footsteps very well (this is playing with $80 razer headphones). There were quite a few times where I would get stuck on objects, or other players as well. Also, why do we still have maps that have areas where you can kill yourself by jumping off the map? Seriously? If I wanted those kind of maps, I'd go play an old quake or Unreal tournament.

Will not be buying this game. I already have 2 others JUST like it.
  76. May 23, 2013
    How can we juste accept it. Same game than all others The game is actually outdated, the community is bad mostly 8 years old players for a +18 game I can't understand people who buy it
  77. May 20, 2013
    Black Ops II, another overrated CoD. Waste of time and money.
  78. Jun 8, 2013
    Save your money don't buy this game pfff really disappointed I think the game's creators are laughing at us. I think they should create a map pack rather than releasing a second episode!
  79. Jun 15, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 brings nothing new to the table, with a bland and uninspired story. I quickly found myself bored in the middle of level two, and I didn't even bother starting level three. It honestly has nothing redeemable.
  80. Nov 20, 2013
    Made good effort in optimizing for PC. Graphics outdated for PC though. Made new mechanics and added futuristic warfare that made the game unique. Much better than Ghosts.
  81. Jul 8, 2013
    Amazing game if you have played call of duty black ops you will love this game the graphics are 100 times better and ever map is even more fun then the others so that's all i have to say I don't want to make this too long because no ones gonna read a whole 4 paragraph speech about this game so yeah awesome game if you want it buy it no need to rent you will love it, it may take a littleAmazing game if you have played call of duty black ops you will love this game the graphics are 100 times better and ever map is even more fun then the others so that's all i have to say I don't want to make this too long because no ones gonna read a whole 4 paragraph speech about this game so yeah awesome game if you want it buy it no need to rent you will love it, it may take a little time to get the hang of it but in the end it is a lot of fun!!! Expand
  82. Jul 22, 2013
    Yes you should not spend 60 bucks on the campaign alone but the multiplayer gives hours of playtime with a significantly improved system that lets you continually move up in the world rankings.
  83. Aug 21, 2013
    totally garbage....i've played all cod games and so far cod 4 & black ops is best of them....
    now this series has become childish(graphic wise and gameplay wise)
    i am not going to buy any cod game again
  84. Oct 16, 2013
    Singleplayer: Story is unintrestng and predictable, gameplay is the same as last year and too short.
    Multiplayer: the devs pretty much put everything in multiplayer so unless you have steady internet connection you're gonna have a bad time, after 2 years the game will be filled with cheaters,campers etc.
    gameplay once again same as last year, filled with kids from 6 to 14 yelling
    gameplay once again same as last year, filled with kids from 6 to 14 yelling
    zombies: boring and repetetive maps are not nearly as good as last year although satisfying to mow down a of zombies coming after you'd get the same enjoyment out of blending lemons to throw in your eyes after seeing this game play out
  85. Sep 2, 2013
    I don't know why does this game exist. It's ugly, even in full settings we can compare it to bioshock 1 or crysis 1. It's not funny. It introduces no innovation. It has a ridiculous plot and several ends to the campaign to improve the life expectancy but no one wants to do this twice. The multiplayer is dreadful, it recycles some MW2's weapons. The concept of the future is just a pretextI don't know why does this game exist. It's ugly, even in full settings we can compare it to bioshock 1 or crysis 1. It's not funny. It introduces no innovation. It has a ridiculous plot and several ends to the campaign to improve the life expectancy but no one wants to do this twice. The multiplayer is dreadful, it recycles some MW2's weapons. The concept of the future is just a pretext to say to the world "we take risks! we innovate!". To finish with I'll say that this game is like a drug: it's harmful, useless, makes bad trips but we can't stop playing again and again until we uninstall it. Expand
  86. Sep 12, 2013
    Let me start off by saying the campaign was the first I went into and it was very satisfying indeed. It allows you to now customize your load out(weapons) before entering the mission along with choosing your perks. You can access areas in the missions that you wouldn't access without a certain perk so that's pretty cool. The game's engine does lack, but don't get me wrong, Activision isn'tLet me start off by saying the campaign was the first I went into and it was very satisfying indeed. It allows you to now customize your load out(weapons) before entering the mission along with choosing your perks. You can access areas in the missions that you wouldn't access without a certain perk so that's pretty cool. The game's engine does lack, but don't get me wrong, Activision isn't going to do whole overhaul on a game needs more changes they only want the game to be fun game play wise. Many people who complain still buy the game even when reviewing it badly so you can tell a game like this is definitely not bad. Multiplayer is great because of new kill streaks, perks returning, new weapons, new maps, and now you are limited to your customization so everyone has a fair chance. It now goes by score for the kill streaks as well. Now zombies is one of the biggest things about Treyarch side of CoD because zombies is just perfect explaining how awesome it is would just take a page or two so I will shorten it by saying that the story is perfect and the gameplay is awesome. Expand
  87. Sep 15, 2013
    This game is repetitive boring and is just another addition to the cod franchise which is constructed by really repetitive games The single player is not worth mentioning and the multiplayer is just boring The dlc's are either crappy maps that nobody will remember or maps from black ops 1 which was one of the best call of duty games in my opinion
  88. Sep 21, 2013
    This game is crap.
    The same generic gameplay since MW1, you are surrounded be 4 years n00b kids, crying on every single thing you do.
    Hackers, cheaters, aimbots, and the poor match making, no dedicated servers. I was banned from this game because people thought i was a hacker, i had 32 kills and 5 deaths. Graphics from 2006, very old engine (a very modified version of Quake Engine).
    This game is crap.
    Hackers, cheaters, aimbots, and the poor match making, no dedicated servers.
    Graphics from 2006, very old engine (a very modified version of Quake Engine).
    Not a full game, DLC's 15 each, the maps are small like hell.
    Please, dont waste your 60 save your bucks for some other good things
  89. Sep 26, 2013
    Exactly like every other CoD in game play, just like the last one. Bad storyline, but that's no surprise. Move on to Zombies. Just like W.A.W. or Bl.Ops 1. Multi-player, rinse and repeated like the rest of the CoD games.
  90. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of duty did it again:
    Releasing the same game which naive people will buy again.
    It is a very disappointing game if you played the series for a long time.
    It has almost no innovation at all. The highly praised by the marketing team next gen engine is just a bit prettier than MW3. Single player is decent, but only if you don't get tired of linear map design.
  91. Nov 23, 2013
    I've played CoD W@W,MW2,BO,MW3,BO2... and this is pretty much the same run-n-gun arcade shooter throughout their franchise. Now I mainly play for multiplayer, and can say it's the same old stuff, nothing wrong with that.
    There is a broken point perk system, as used in Treyarch's BO2, so if you're not a fan of that, then that might be a negative for you. Though, the same old 1 host advantage lobbies are being used once again, which can and will lead to laggy games, due to being forced to play against people probably not even close to your area.
    Graphics look nice, only if you max out all the settings. There's no in-game option to change field of view, there are mods available but there is uncertainty at the moment whether they are allowed without punishment/ban. All you get for audio options is a level bar to increase or decrease volume. Unlike BO1 & BO2 where you have different audio presets, and can even lower down the volume of annoying voice overs and music.
    As I said, this is the same gameplay as the previous games, whether they were IW or Treyarch, and I still have fun with that. So why such a low score? Well, I suppose this might not be IW fault completely, but there is weak PC community for this game. On average, there are 8K players online, other times under 4K, on good days 18K, and 30K on a rare sunny day. I honestly don't know if those are average numbers for a call of duty game on PC, being that it is my first one on PC. Without dedicated servers, and the previous 6GB RAM requirement (now patched to 4GB), people probably decided to pass on this or just decided to move on to consoles (which average +400K players online), sadly. Cannot recommend, if ever, I would suggest wait till steam itself has a free to play weekend, maybe by then you could see it's same old same old, but without anybody to play with, at least in PC case.
  92. Nov 30, 2013
    Im very dissapointed. The terrible coding in "Zombies" make it unpossible to enjoy. The multiplayer doesnt feel verry fluent and The matchmaking is just the WORST. I have a PC that runs Crysis 3 on Ultra, but the Graphics (Textures) are realy ugly. I would defenetly NOT recommend this game. Its a waste of money.
  93. Dec 27, 2013
    With a horrendous campaign, not many changes from the previous entries in the series, a few removed game types/modes and bad graphics (for a AAA title), the only reason to purchase this game would be for the multiplayer and/or zombies mode. While it's fun and addictive, the multiplayer is almost exactly the same as previous titles in the franchise. There's different maps, weapons,With a horrendous campaign, not many changes from the previous entries in the series, a few removed game types/modes and bad graphics (for a AAA title), the only reason to purchase this game would be for the multiplayer and/or zombies mode. While it's fun and addictive, the multiplayer is almost exactly the same as previous titles in the franchise. There's different maps, weapons, killstreaks and titles, but still the game is very similar to other Call of Duty games. I also thought the emblem creator was awful. I liked the pre-made emblems much more, and to me it felt like the developers wanted to put less effort into the callsigns. Zombies mode was fun, but I barely played it, so I don't have much to say about it.

The game is FUN, but nothing else. Oh, and if you're playing online, you might want to mute some of the players, as there are many underage players.
  94. May 24, 2014
    Alright,this game at least for me,was actually pretty cool.

Over all thought: The single player. It was okay,not the best,but i did spend a lot of hours getting the best ending possible. Zombies, now this was just straight out awesome,i loved it. NUFF SAID. Multiplayer, so much hours spent,very face paced,fun and addicting. Pros: -Neat single player with different endings.
    Alright,this game at least for me,was actually pretty cool.

Over all thought:

Pros:

-Neat single player with different endings.
    -Improved zombies
    -Fun fast paced multiplayer

Cons:

-The big issue with it on PC is that it had some sloppy performance,and it does take quite the time to get it working at good fps so it is playable without any lag.
    -Graphics don't look that improved at all.
    -Although the multiplayer was fun,it was not that much different from the previous Call of Duty's.

Overall Score:

8.5/10
  95. Jun 1, 2014
    The game is great. I've played all of the high rated CoD games and so far, BO2 is the 2nd best, right under MW2. The create-a-class system is well layed out, not as good as Ghosts (even though ghosts sucked overall) . The maps are all mediocre sized. The zombie game mode never loses its touch. The one thing I never understood is why people buy the game on console, rather than PC. The PC isThe game is great. I've played all of the high rated CoD games and so far, BO2 is the 2nd best, right under MW2. The create-a-class system is well layed out, not as good as Ghosts (even though ghosts sucked overall) . The maps are all mediocre sized. The zombie game mode never loses its touch. The one thing I never understood is why people buy the game on console, rather than PC. The PC is the most powerful gaming console on the face of the planet, even more powerful than new gen consoles. Aside from the fact that it costs more, you get a much more smother gaming experience, The only 2 somewhat arguable facts that makes the console better is the fact that a console has a controller that people are comfortable using, despite the fact that both PS3 and 360 controllers (the 360 controller is preset up to work just like it does on the 360 for BO2 on PC). Last but not least, the smaller gaming community. It's only smaller because a powerful gaming computer is needed to run the game more smoothly. Of course, noob gamers are going cheap style with a console. Expand
  96. Aug 23, 2014
    Okay, okay, Hold on now. I know that a lot of poeple hate COD. And I understand, but there are EVEN MORE that like COD. So how to judge this game? By looking at its inovations or by blaming it for being the same s*** over and over again. Honestly I really enjoyed it. I think it is one of the best that COD has to offer. But it hasn't changed much. So if you own a COD and like that copy,Okay, okay, Hold on now. I know that a lot of poeple hate COD. And I understand, but there are EVEN MORE that like COD. So how to judge this game? By looking at its inovations or by blaming it for being the same s*** over and over again. Honestly I really enjoyed it. I think it is one of the best that COD has to offer. But it hasn't changed much. So if you own a COD and like that copy, just stick to it, becouse you get the same experience from this game. But who is out there looking for a good FPS, give this a try Expand
  97. Jan 1, 2013
    treyarh brought the series to a new level. such work with the plot in shooters could only dream of, thanks to the nonlinearity you feel the main character. despite the old engine treyarh led process genre to new heights
  98. Feb 5, 2013
    Excluding single, multiplayer mode is something for 3 year olds. Only thing you have to do is press w and left mouse button. This comes to me really ridiculous and childish. It being so simple makes me feel bad when 3 year olds shoot down you. I totally regret wasting my money on this noobish game. I look for a game which needs skills, and something for grownups, not for babies.
  99. Nov 15, 2012
    This game is a disappointment and doesn't worth its price tag. Graphic engine is totally outdated. I think they've should released it for a consoles only. SP story is kinda boring,feels like I'm playing DLC for BO1.
    Now I also think what COD series is dead - which is really sad.
  100. Nov 13, 2012
    worst game ever.hype big like allways and after that its the same s**tty game.0 is for doing the same game and again take 60bucks.so who are buying is just kids or have serious problems with brains :)

1. Dec 30, 2012
    The Corn Flakes of multiplayer first-person shooters. We've been sick of eating it for some time, now. [Jan 2013, p.80, 81]
    Black Ops II brings evolution to the series unfortunately, the evolution that is incomplete. Only one part of the game deserves a top ranking – multiplayer. [Christmas 2012]
  3. Dec 12, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops II is saved by its multiplayer, as the campaign has surprisingly too many bad sections. Maybe now it's time to move on? [Dec 2012]