4.3

1. Nov 18, 2012
    This game is terrible. Probably the most boring Call of Duty campaign yet. There's these side missions that seem to be worse than the actual levels too. Haven't even bothered with multiplayer, went in and it lagged like Black Ops 1 so I quit. Zombies was semi ok. Not really good enough still. Graphics are so bad. Terrible game.
  2. Jun 17, 2013
    Who, how and why is comparing this game to Counter Strike? I bet most of fanatics of this game are children whom never seen different game then this one. No recoil, no objective, no point. Waste of time and money. Even as big fan of FPS I can tell, this game is not worth any attention.
  3. Nov 15, 2012
    I'm giving this a 10 due to the people (75%+) that are giving this a 0 without even trying it and/or they are having connection issues or any other stupid reason.

Modern Warfare 2 was a great game to me, Black Ops 1 was fun but very clunky and pissed me off, Modern Warfare 3 was just basically MW2 but an expansion and had more hackers and absolute GARBAGE maps. Also I do like Battlefield 3 and the halo series.

I wasn't gonna buy this game not gonna lie but people said it was good and it looked different in a way... I have only tested the multiplayer and still have yet to test zombie mode and probably won't even consider the campaign.

Gameplay: Very fun, seems a bit more smoothed out than black ops 1, has a nice new streak system as well as the pick 10 option really changes things to make it so people truly get their own unique builds. The new gadgets are fun and the maps are NEW, actual new maps that dont all look the same and you don't get stuck on everything like you would in MW3. This game is above all actually fun! (with the exception of a few buggy things but that happens to ALL games) 9/10

Graphics: They don't look bad, there is nothing wrong with them ALTHOUGH this is Q4 2012 they could use a chunk of that amazing profit they make from this game to upgrade its system and stop pushing it toward 10 year old consoles. 6/10

Sounds: The music, the explosions are all nice and I like it although the guns seem kinda quite and weak. 8.5/10

Connection: Although they don't have the new dedicated servers by what people say I haven't ran into a connection issue once so for now (thoughts may change later) and maps take seconds to load.

Anyways overall the game is fun and has new ideas but still isn't a brand new thing to the market shining with its glory and I'm judging strictly on Multiplayer since that's what most people buy this game for anyways. Overall Score: 8.5/10

NEVER rate a game without playing it and just try it out, if it's not your type of game don't play it, don't troll, ignore it and go play your games.
  4. Nov 23, 2012
    great game for those who like to be nickeled and dimed to death, to play with lots of hackers/cheaters and supporting the $60+ price tag for rehashed products.
  5. Mar 6, 2013
    Little to nothing redeeming about this game. It's the same rehashed crap that Activision keeps pushing onto weak gamers who think they need the latest CoD release. Quit funding these yearly releases and you might actually get a game worth spending $60 on.
  6. Nov 15, 2012
    I will start with the rating I would give this game: 8/10
    But I'll add two more points in a *futile* attempt to balance the haters.
    This is the best Call of Duty released since the original Modern Warfare. It is a lot better than the garbage Infinity Ward puts out every other year - those were the real rehashes, the real copy paste games (I'm talking about MW2 & MW3 of course). The
    I will start with the rating I would give this game: 8/10
    But I'll add two more points in a *futile* attempt to balance the haters.
    The singleplayer in Black Ops 2 is quite enjoyable in my opinion - I really like that they went in a different direction with the way that the story unfolds, compared to the previous installments.
    Also the multiplayer is much, much better. The new Pick 10 system is implemented very well, and it certainly makes things more varied. Plus the scorestreaks encourage playing the objective instead of camping (which IMO is perfect in objective based modes).
    I haven't really gotten into Zombies, it was never my thing - but from what I have seen it provides what standalone games cannot.
    Overall, Treyarch really surprised me with this new installment - compared to the failures IW is pumping out. It's nice to have a small breath of fresh air in an otherwise stale franchise.
    ----
    As a side note to the trolls giving this game a 0:
    1) If you want to at least be credible, "review" this game on a single platform. Don't copy-paste the review on all the platforms the game has been released on. I doubt that you even bought the PC version, let alone ALL the other versions.
    2) Do you know who rates a game for graphics solely? Wannabe teenagers who think "omgzzz guys im playin on xbox, im soooooo nerdyyyy* makes them awesome. It doesn't.
    3) I bet you all here that 90% of the people who gave this game a bad score and stated in their reviews that they do not jump in capitalist bandwagons because they are smart and we who bought BO2 are not, are the same people you see in lines every time Apple launches a new product. Do you see the irony?
  7. Nov 14, 2012
    Mediocre is the name of the game, I'm afraid. It seems Treyarch have tried to do their best with the existing recipe but the tired stitching of the call of duty franchise is really showing. I'm surprised how high a lot of the critics reviews are, especially considering how the recent Medal of Honor got a panning for doing the same old thing (admittedly more poorly executed than here). IMediocre is the name of the game, I'm afraid. It seems Treyarch have tried to do their best with the existing recipe but the tired stitching of the call of duty franchise is really showing. I'm surprised how high a lot of the critics reviews are, especially considering how the recent Medal of Honor got a panning for doing the same old thing (admittedly more poorly executed than here). I worry that the fact a lot of the pre-release reviews were done at a special 'event' may have, unfortunately, influenced these. The cinematic story telling seems to hinder the action as your pushed from pillar to post with no real freedom. The 'choices' which are oft talked about seem very arbitrary and oh my the graphics are frankly terrible for such a hyped game (at some points I thought my game was bugged due to how shoddy some of the textures are). I'm sure the multi-player will be as successful as ever but for such an expensive game it really is just the same old tired formula. The Hollywood model or rinse and repeat has definitely become the standard in AAA gaming too. If you want an exciting PC shooter try something different like the free Tribes: Ascend. If you want this same old formula, I'd recommend picking up one of the older COD's for essentially the same experience. Expand
  8. Apr 30, 2013
    This isn't a game, this is a bad joke. Another console on the PC. No gamesave only control points, so if you die, you have to watch all the cinematics allover, because there's no skipping... And play the last 10-15 mins over again. But I don't want to replay, I want to play!! If it freezes, and it does, you have to start the whole chapter again. Sometimes, you just don't know what to doThis isn't a game, this is a bad joke. Another console on the PC. No gamesave only control points, so if you die, you have to watch all the cinematics allover, because there's no skipping... And play the last 10-15 mins over again. But I don't want to replay, I want to play!! If it freezes, and it does, you have to start the whole chapter again. Sometimes, you just don't know what to do like the russian tank vs. horse scene. You smash the buttons in vain but for no avail. The controls were left on the consoles... That's where I left the game. There are so many other out there. I swore many times never to buy a game before try it out because I think many game companies just sell sh*t and lie about it. And after you've bought it there's no help (see the shameless Crytek-EA, too). Games like these make pirating stronger, because nobody would want to pay for sh*t like this... So I'm off for pirating from now on. I'll be only paying for games that worth it. So should you. Expand
  9. Dec 8, 2012
    Feels like the same old CoD all over again. Really disappointing graphics on the PC. Poor widescreen support and all for a hefty price. Wishing I didn't spend my money on this game now.
  10. Jul 5, 2013
    Bought this game on release date to this day i still havent played one single online match due to constant disconnects this is the very very last time i ever buy anything todo with call of duty ever again i seriously will have nuthing todo with anything call of duty do not buy this game under any circumstances just look at the user review scores save urself the money and go buy sumthing else
  11. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is even worse than previous titles!!! Graphics again from 2006, extreme boring single player and practically same multiplayer as always. 10 enemies respawning behind your back all the time. Again DLC and not a full game.
  12. Feb 2, 2013
    This game isn't anything special. The graphics are okay and the engine has a nice tiny change to it. But a really bad part is no console commands. The game runs at a maximum of 60 fps, which just makes the whole game hard to play, with such low fps. The campaign is honestly, very boring. I absolutely cannot attach myself to it, no matter how much I try. The zombies was a part of the game IThis game isn't anything special. The graphics are okay and the engine has a nice tiny change to it. But a really bad part is no console commands. The game runs at a maximum of 60 fps, which just makes the whole game hard to play, with such low fps. The campaign is honestly, very boring. I absolutely cannot attach myself to it, no matter how much I try. The zombies was a part of the game I was really looking forward too. But I was actually very disappointed. Tranzit introduced a new way of playing zombies, traveling by bus to all the locations in the map. It was a good idea, but Tranzit honestly just doesn't define it will. The gameplay is very slow and boring. Then the Survival maps you get play on, are just different sections of Tranzit, so in total you get only 1 map. But the Grief mode actually is quite fun, but barely anyone plays it sooo...... The multiplayer is okay. The maps I have to admit are well done, but like mw3 there are lots of OP guns which makes the gameplay get very old FAST. They did also make entering Prestige Mode actually "Worth" it now that they tweaked it. But the multiplayer is just designed for a bunch of 10 year old kids on their little suckbox consoles. Expand
  13. Nov 13, 2012
    worst cod title to date.
    a lot of things are improved with this version, but more things are broken.
    yes, lag compensation is still in the game and worse than ever. lag comp is something that should never be implemented into a game that's geared toward competitive gamers. I'm going to try to get a refund now, I already know they wont change their netcode or fix the massive heap of
    worst cod title to date.
    a lot of things are improved with this version, but more things are broken.
    yes, lag compensation is still in the game and worse than ever.
    I'm going to try to get a refund now, I already know they wont change their netcode or fix the massive heap of broken things with this one.
  14. Nov 24, 2012
    Anyone who tells you this game is better than MW3 is a liar. This game just reminds me why i hate Black Ops and just Treyarch in general. They have no idea how to develop a map or put spawn points or even allow someone to knife. If you gave this game good map design and good spawn points it would be okay, but instead its basically a CF the whole entire game(CF is a Cluster **** if you didnt know)
  15. Nov 13, 2012
    Absolutely nothing new, if you would update World at War's graphics, you could not tell which one is the 5 years older game. And speaking of graphics, they seem strangely bad for a "triple A" game, i kept getting vibes of "console port" and "outdated engine"
    Single player is defined by the word Boring. I did not even want to play the optional "RTS"-style defense missions after the first mandatory one.
  16. Dec 31, 2012
    not what I expect, Activision,Treyard gave less weight to online, for which it is famous. Single player(campaign) is better than multiplayer.We have a big development in Zombie mode
    Even there is no game so well made as much Modern Warfare 2.
  17. Jul 29, 2013
    LOL, its obvious that Activision, Treyarch, and Infinity Ward has bought critics to give them positive score. Just LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL..........
  18. Dec 5, 2012
    Call Of Duty : Black ops 2 provides nothing so spectacular to make it par...but still it has some good moments. The story is quite nice but the graphics hasnt improved a lot...there are unnecessary dx11 usage..and price of the game on itself is the killer...it feels sad when u pay a lot for something but dont get exactly what u pay for...in this case u need to force ur self to like it..asCall Of Duty : Black ops 2 provides nothing so spectacular to make it par...but still it has some good moments. The story is quite nice but the graphics hasnt improved a lot...there are unnecessary dx11 usage..and price of the game on itself is the killer...it feels sad when u pay a lot for something but dont get exactly what u pay for...in this case u need to force ur self to like it..as many users are saying " It's the same tired formula they used in black ops. " is mostly true... Expand
  19. Dec 5, 2012
    This game should be a 10$ DLC instead of a full fledged 60$ game. I think if someone puts a screenshot of MW1 and Black Ops II next to each other, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. The one drastic difference would be the Strike Force missions, but the clunky controls and stupid AI means that I always end up soloing the entire thing. Kudos to Treyarch on promoting the wonderfulThis game should be a 10$ DLC instead of a full fledged 60$ game. I think if someone puts a screenshot of MW1 and Black Ops II next to each other, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. The one drastic difference would be the Strike Force missions, but the clunky controls and stupid AI means that I always end up soloing the entire thing. Kudos to Treyarch on promoting the wonderful values of RECYCLING. Expand
  20. Nov 27, 2012
    I don't know why peaople say that this game sucks and that it is awful. What did they expect?
    I really liked the game, mainly because MW3 was a piece of crap. It was boring, and exactly the same as MW2. Now here comes Black OPS 2, with some new elements, and people don't like it either. It was a pleasant surprise to me, because I thought it would be the same as other COD games, but it was something -partially- new. They didn't go too far with the future missions, but the past was kinda good as well.
    The graphics of course was not that big deal, but there WERE moments (not so many, though), when the game looked just beautiful. In conclusion, I liked the music, liked the plot, and the story wasn't that bad either, so I think it is enjoyable, and it is good, if not for else, but for relaxing.
  21. Sep 14, 2013
    The campaign isn't that bad, although not as epic as MW1. The graphics and sounds are okay, the playtime a bit sort, but offers some replayability if you want to get all achievements and endings. The gunplay, however, was a bit strange; I missed 2/3 of the time on moving targets, maybe due the fact that they turn 90 degrees instantly, or maybe the recoils were set higher than usual. TheThe campaign isn't that bad, although not as epic as MW1. The graphics and sounds are okay, the playtime a bit sort, but offers some replayability if you want to get all achievements and endings. The gunplay, however, was a bit strange; I missed 2/3 of the time on moving targets, maybe due the fact that they turn 90 degrees instantly, or maybe the recoils were set higher than usual. The Strike Force missions were somewhat frustrating, the unit AI wasn't on the top, I almost lost them on most occasions. Anyway, it is an acceptable addition to the series and a buy at a reduced price. Expand
  22. Nov 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILER!

Only played single player campaign!
    Can't talk about multiplayer gameplay!

-Cons: 1. Outdated graphics 2. Avarage AI (Friendly NPCs are absolutely useless, enemy NPCs are too static etc.) 3. Avarage story and overlong cutscenes 4. Almost every character is a cliché (Evil Arabs, Africans and South Americans, badass US soldiers) 5. Imperfect Strike Force commands 6. Gameplay is too scripted 7. Maps are too small and overcrowded with NPCs

Pros: 1. Weapon customization 2.Still better than MW3:Warfighter...
  23. Nov 15, 2012
    This game is a disappointment and doesn't worth its price tag. Graphic engine is totally outdated. I think they've should released it for a consoles only. SP story is kinda boring,feels like I'm playing DLC for BO1.
    Now I also think what COD series is dead - which is really sad.
  24. Nov 13, 2012
    This "game" is garbage. As one of the misfortunate people who purchased a retail copy of this packaged fecal matter, I was first enraged by how the second disc isn't actually Black Ops II, but it was Mass Effect 2 instead (Yes, the rumors are true.) then I could not fathom the first mission. The audio quality is just awful, and the script is even worse. Don't buy this game, its neitherThis "game" is garbage. As one of the misfortunate people who purchased a retail copy of this packaged fecal matter, I was first enraged by how the second disc isn't actually Black Ops II, but it was Mass Effect 2 instead (Yes, the rumors are true.) then I could not fathom the first mission. The audio quality is just awful, and the script is even worse. Don't buy this game, its neither worth your money, nor is it worth the space on your hard drive. There's also NO use of DX11, and the matchmaking services are terrible as well. I just can't wait until Activision runs this into the ground just like Guitar Hero. Expand
  25. Sep 3, 2014
    For me this game was second CoD i played. The first one was CoD 2, so i cant say if this game is copy paste from past CoD games. The game as whole is good, i really dont get the bad score, the single player is solid and multi player is not bad either. The main problem in single player are the past missions, witch are boring, the sci-fi missions are good, but i dont know why they made theseFor me this game was second CoD i played. The first one was CoD 2, so i cant say if this game is copy paste from past CoD games. The game as whole is good, i really dont get the bad score, the single player is solid and multi player is not bad either. The main problem in single player are the past missions, witch are boring, the sci-fi missions are good, but i dont know why they made these flash back missions. Expand
  26. Nov 13, 2012
    worst game ever.hype big like allways and after that its the same s**tty game.0 is for doing the same game and again take 60bucks.so who are buying is just kids or have serious problems with brains :)
  27. Nov 14, 2012
    Story is very linear & boring. Graphics isn't that impressive. It's overpriced. I see no changes in gameplay. The zombie mode is the only thing I slightly liked. I'm not into future warfare but this is just downright ridiculous. Game developers try to feed us very linear crappy games for easy money. This is why gamers resort to piracy.
  28. Nov 17, 2012
    Why pay absurd prices for an annual update? Most games that come out brand new sell for around $30 on PC, yet Treyarch want $60! That is absurd, yet everybody falls for it. Call of Duty has sucked since Modern Warfare, yet you all keep making them the best selling games over and over. Go download Quake Live and feel what a real FPS is like, and save $60, as it is free!
  29. Nov 13, 2012
    a disgrace to pc gaming, already returned the damn thing. even more unbalanced than mw3, same gameplay, bunch of stupid sh*t with camos and attachments. no 2 hit knife, just a bunch more lies game is loose but hole.
  30. Nov 13, 2012
    Boring repetitive, played it at a friends house, thank god i didn't waste 65 dollars on this overpriced DLC! I guess some games are that gullible to keep falling for the same lazy tricks.
  31. Nov 20, 2012
    I'm not sure why the graphics are so bad all the time when Treyarch is involved. You would think someone could just at least rip off the ones being used in Modern Warfare. Is there just a outright lack of talent over there? This game seriously feels like something inbetween Counterstrike 1.6 and Counterstrike source. The sound is terrible, again, like in original Black Ops. For those whoI'm not sure why the graphics are so bad all the time when Treyarch is involved. You would think someone could just at least rip off the ones being used in Modern Warfare. Is there just a outright lack of talent over there? This game seriously feels like something inbetween Counterstrike 1.6 and Counterstrike source. The sound is terrible, again, like in original Black Ops. For those who don't actually know this, a good sound engine mixed with good heaphones can be up to 30 percent of kicking ass in a FPS. This game just doesn't allow for it. It all sounds like a muddy mess mixed with fire crackers going off (grenades). Their vision of the the future is pulled out of some kind of 80's movie. I felt like I was playing a lesser version of Perfect Dark 64. Still give it a 5 because its a new game with new stats for me and I enjoy going 2.7+ kpd in peoples faces regardless. Plus my friends are playing it and I will just learn to deal until something else pops up. Expand
  32. Nov 17, 2012
    I bought this for the multiplayer and I was disappointed to see that the promised dedicated servers are not in the game. Apart from the awful matchmaking experience and laggy game sessions, no anticheat and no server admins the game has been a fun(ish) experience so far but I would not recommend playing Black Ops 2 competitively (if you play for a clan for instance), as it will onlyI bought this for the multiplayer and I was disappointed to see that the promised dedicated servers are not in the game. Apart from the awful matchmaking experience and laggy game sessions, no anticheat and no server admins the game has been a fun(ish) experience so far but I would not recommend playing Black Ops 2 competitively (if you play for a clan for instance), as it will only annoy. With aimbot/wallhack videos up on Youtube already it's clear that the PC community has been ignored entirely by Treyarch, which is a shame.

I have to mention also that their preorder offer of a free map (Nuketown) has already created a subclass of players; those that have the map and those that don't. I remember the days when Infinity Ward and Treyarch used to give their players free maps and didn't try to wring every last penny out of us. Day 1 DLC is not the way to win fans.

It has always been a popular franchise and they will always sell copies - I myself have played all of the games since the original CoD, but since the game started to be made primarily for consoles it has gone downhill on PC to the point where this will by my final CoD game.
  33. Nov 23, 2012
    Why is there so much hate towards BO2 (or CoD in general)?
    Unlike Infinity Ward, Treyarch actually adds alot of new features to the franchise:
    Black Ops 2 Versus BO1 / MW series & beyond: Better graphics, MUCH better sound, immersive campaign, scorestreaks system, 10-point loadout system , League Play, many more weapons and weapon attachments (i.e. Target Finder, Select Fire). Further
    Why is there so much hate towards BO2 (or CoD in general)?

Black Ops 2 Versus BO1 / MW series & beyond:
    Better graphics, MUCH better sound, immersive campaign, scorestreaks system, 10-point loadout system , League Play, many more weapons and weapon attachments (i.e. Target Finder, Select Fire). Further more:
    Assist points are finally useful.
    10-point loadout system is fun to mess around with.
    (Deeper) custom emblem editor, also fun to play around with.
    Diamond camo's for the diehards!
    No more stationary campers thanks to new ghost perk !
    Much smaller hitbox for kniferunners!
    You can still quickscope, but that's a good thing cause of smaller maps and punishment for stationary campers.
    More interesting scorestreaks to choose from.
    Get a headset and notice the amazing soundquality. I tend pinpoint an enemy from hearing more than checking my minimap for any dots. Same applies to Black Ops 1 btw.

There are no dedicated servers and it used to bother me. Actually, I'm experiencing minimum lag or interrupts.
    Also, I was worried about the graphics and gameplay. .until I played the game for the first time, I thought this game would be the next MW3 that I couldn't enjoy playing. I can honestly say that BO2 is kind of a mix between MW3 and BO1.
    There is still recoil, pushbacks, but less than in BO1.
    There are alot of close quarter maps like in MW3, but way better designed (imho).

There must be more that I wanted to share, but nothing comes to mind right now.
    If you'll excuse me, I'm going back to play some more BO2 :))
  34. May 10, 2013
    The most biggest steaming piece of S*** I've played for a long time. Campers & Hackers that's what this game is about. I'm never going to play this garbage ever again and i recommend that no-one should try it either.
  35. May 15, 2013
    The game itself introduces nothing new, besides mission loadout and different endings, which is new to the Call of Duty series. Campaign is pretty mediocre, with it's good points and flaws. Storyline is simple and very Hollywood-like. You can spend some hours playing it with your friends chewing popcorn. Graphics haven't changed too much, though there's some difference between previousThe game itself introduces nothing new, besides mission loadout and different endings, which is new to the Call of Duty series. Campaign is pretty mediocre, with it's good points and flaws. Storyline is simple and very Hollywood-like. You can spend some hours playing it with your friends chewing popcorn. Graphics haven't changed too much, though there's some difference between previous Call of Duty games. Multiplayer changed a little bit, maybe it became even more dynamical and it's sort of pick-up-and-play if you wish. But this game doesn't worth it's full price of 60$, as you can otherwise spend the money for something much more useful or just hang out with your friends. Expand
  36. Nov 24, 2012
    i think that black ops 2 is the best of the frenchise (not like mw3 of last year that was suck.)a great gameplay,good story,awsome multiplayer,and zombies.this game is amazing and its have good content and its not feeling the same game i will give it 10/10.metascore whaere is the review of ign and the review of g4tv?,why do you dont write the best review in the critic review.
  37. Nov 5, 2014
    I dont understand other people opinion about this game. Theyre wrong about this game... Its the best game from Acitivision since Modern Warfare. The best graphic and okay! I agree that is old engine all the time... but the most important in game should be not graphic but only plot! Multiplayer have a lot of improvements in comparision with previous versions! New killstreaks, weapons,I dont understand other people opinion about this game. Theyre wrong about this game... Its the best game from Acitivision since Modern Warfare. The best graphic and okay! I agree that is old engine all the time... but the most important in game should be not graphic but only plot! Multiplayer have a lot of improvements in comparision with previous versions! New killstreaks, weapons, perks... All this things make that game a lot better! In my opinion this game is the best FPS shooter! Grpahics are amazing, optimization is very good and the zombie mode add to this game something which makes You: "WOW! Must play this!" and yeahh... this is true. Everyone must play this game and check it yourself! Dont listen opinions from Battlefield fans that this game is **** im not fan of COD but this title get 10 score from me and every really players on the world!
    +Graphics;
    +Optimization;
    +Music (amazing soundtrack!);
    +Plot;
    +Multiplayer and zombie mode;
    +Scripts, scripts + scripts! Hollywood movie!;
    Ng1n3eR SCORE - 10/10
  38. Nov 13, 2012
    If you like Modern Warfare buy this .. same game .. it is NOT Black Ops.. so mad I wasted another 60 bucks on what I thought was going to be a good Call of Duty.. Black Ops was the crap.. this game IS CRAP. Fast paced shooter like quake but with a Military Skin on everything... people die with a single shot to the crotch.. everyone runs fast.. I want my money back.. if You liked the modIf you like Modern Warfare buy this .. same game .. it is NOT Black Ops.. so mad I wasted another 60 bucks on what I thought was going to be a good Call of Duty.. Black Ops was the crap.. this game IS CRAP. Fast paced shooter like quake but with a Military Skin on everything... people die with a single shot to the crotch.. everyone runs fast.. I want my money back.. if You liked the mod warefare series if you liked the realism of Black Ops dont buy this Expand
  39. Nov 13, 2012
    Call of duty is here again promising a better campaign, larger multiplayer and improved zombies. It's not the case here. Graphics are like from dx9 and they dare say it runs on dx11? waste your money elsewhere.
  40. Dec 2, 2012
    The lack of dedicated servers and the lag compensation just ruins the game-play on this game. Very frequently you will die because of the huge lag compensation, rather from the skill of other players. The rest of the game is mere run and gun with no tactic or strategy to game-play, regardless of what mode is being played. It gets very boring, very fast, ad the lag compensation and it getsThe lack of dedicated servers and the lag compensation just ruins the game-play on this game. Very frequently you will die because of the huge lag compensation, rather from the skill of other players. The rest of the game is mere run and gun with no tactic or strategy to game-play, regardless of what mode is being played. It gets very boring, very fast, ad the lag compensation and it gets a very irritating game.
    It tries to bring some innovation but never truly manages to surprise, resulting in a boring and uninspired game.
    The graphics are very poor, but a good design saves it from being horrible.
  41. Nov 13, 2012
    no inovation in this game - copie of DLC of BO1. MP classment very crazy. DX11 - where is this used? No dedicated server. its more jump & run as shooter
  42. Nov 13, 2012
    Oh my god, what the..... there is nothing new, Same old graphics, everything is same as before.
    Maps are so small that it's not even funny!

sp is just plain boring.

No more! Not going to buy any new COD game. FOR REAL this time, though I've sayed it many times before :(
  43. Nov 13, 2012
    First let me say i'm not gonna troll this game with a bad review. I do however have some major gripes about this. Yes people say it is dedicated server but, hello people, it's matchmaking just like what you get on console, not what you should get on pc. You cannot rent a server or choose from a dedicated server list as far as I know it's all just matchmaking. Oh man, don't get me startedFirst let me say i'm not gonna troll this game with a bad review. I do however have some major gripes about this. Yes people say it is dedicated server but, hello people, it's matchmaking just like what you get on console, not what you should get on pc. You cannot rent a server or choose from a dedicated server list as far as I know it's all just matchmaking. Oh man, don't get me started on how it's just like the console version. You have to listen to annoying people with mics unlike if I go back and play World At War. Granted I love being able to have full controller support for menus and gameplay so if I am sick of using keyboard and mouse that is a great option. To be honest I knew the zombies would be worth most of the money for this game and that is why I got it. I loved World At War Zombies. Honestly this is a great game with a huge but, in it. After playing the crap out of it for a while I may go back to World At War. Seriously you might as well be playing on Xbox 360 or PS3. Expand
  44. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is just awful. I really wanted to get into it, but I just couldn't. It's the same tired formula they used in black ops, and it's even less enjoyable than mw3. The single player campaign is awful, the game gives you auto-aim, so you don't even have to try when playing, and it still uses the same engine it's been using for so many years now. Call of Duty has essentially been turnedThis game is just awful. I really wanted to get into it, but I just couldn't. It's the same tired formula they used in black ops, and it's even less enjoyable than mw3. The single player campaign is awful, the game gives you auto-aim, so you don't even have to try when playing, and it still uses the same engine it's been using for so many years now. Call of Duty has essentially been turned into a $100 per year subscription service. If you value the video game industry and are tired of being taken advantage of, stop giving in and play games that are actually GOOD for a change. Expand
  45. Nov 14, 2012
    The is the best of the Call of duty Games in the franchise. Brilliant story line the best multiplayer around. Zombies is also another nice edition offering some of the best maps so far as well as the new transit mode. Overall this is an epic game that deserves praise for changing the series more than the any other call of duty games apart from Call of duty 4.
  46. Nov 13, 2012
    Its call of duty. You either love it or hate it. most people who are giving low scores right now probably dont even own the game this call of duty brings what we all love with some new improvements!
  47. Nov 13, 2012
    Single player is not worth mentioning, but multiplayer is where the game truly shines. It's worth every dollar if you like shooting other players in a fast-paced game of death.
  48. Nov 4, 2013
    The game is horrible, its the same as it's previous games. Gameplay's the same, Game engine's the same, it aint DX11... its still DX9.0c.. no physics, nothing. The only good thing is that it runs on Intel HD cards. The future war of the game feels like a mix of Crysis and BF2142. The sound of the game is pants, bullets are more quiet than the soundtracks, and if you ask me, the soundtracksThe game is horrible, its the same as it's previous games. Gameplay's the same, Game engine's the same, it aint DX11... its still DX9.0c.. no physics, nothing. The only good thing is that it runs on Intel HD cards. The future war of the game feels like a mix of Crysis and BF2142. The sound of the game is pants, bullets are more quiet than the soundtracks, and if you ask me, the soundtracks are really cheap! atleast the zombie mod is better than the previous. This game is just a marketing trick of Acitivision, same thing as EA or Apple is doing... marketing crap for high prices. It was nothing but a waste of my time! COD series is dead... Expand
  49. Nov 15, 2012
    Long story short: Here we go
  50. Nov 17, 2012
    Um jogo que com toda a certeza merece ser jogado. As palavras para descrever o jogo só podem ser positivas, pois eles melhoraram muito a campanha desde o primeiro Black Ops. A trama está muito mais envolvente, sem perder o rumo. Os atores que interpretam os personagens melhoraram ainda mais as suas atuações. Os detalhes gráficos melhoraram muito, aUm jogo que com toda a certeza merece ser jogado. As palavras para descrever o jogo só podem ser positivas, pois eles melhoraram muito a campanha desde o primeiro Black Ops. A trama está muito mais envolvente, sem perder o rumo. Os atores que interpretam os personagens melhoraram ainda mais as suas atuações. Os detalhes gráficos melhoraram muito, a jogabilidade também melhorou um pouco, o som das armas também deu uma ligeira melhorada, fora a quantidade que está ainda maior, com um arsenal incrível de armas novas.

Bom, se há algo que eu melhoraria nesse jogo seria apenas a trilha sonora em algumas poucas partes que eu achei um pouco enjoativas e meio nada a ver com o que estava ocorrendo no game. Fora isso não precisa mudar praticamente nada. Bom, se fosse pra dar notas por partes acho que daria as seguintes notas:

Som: 7,5
    Jogabilidade: 9,5
    Gráficos: 9,5
    Desafio: 8,0
    Fator replay: 7,5
    Roteiro/Enredo: 10
  51. Nov 13, 2012
    Call of duty 4 the best ever . I do not understand how you can play it ... after game has the same moves.
    For me this series has long since ended
  52. Nov 13, 2012
  53. Nov 13, 2012
    wow told myself last year i wouldnt buy this game because its always the same thing. but finally told myself to give the franchise one last chance and boy do i regret it...

SAME THING, RIP OFF. i want my dough back
  54. Nov 13, 2012
    basically. Just a same game, same animation but different reskin. Very boring and repetitive! I would not recommend buying this game at. I doubt they'll stop making CoD games in yearly basis...
  55. Nov 13, 2012
    Hey when I pay $60 I expect to get the exact same game as the last time... or at least that's how Treyarch treats their customers. I should say this game is proof of their attitude towards their fans and all but we all should have learned from our mistakes in MW3. Yet again Activision and their lackey cash cow have released the EXACT SAME GAME. It plays like MW3 it looks like MW3 and itHey when I pay $60 I expect to get the exact same game as the last time... or at least that's how Treyarch treats their customers. I should say this game is proof of their attitude towards their fans and all but we all should have learned from our mistakes in MW3. Yet again Activision and their lackey cash cow have released the EXACT SAME GAME. It plays like MW3 it looks like MW3 and it has the same bugs as MW3. Give it a rest trasharc. Expand
  56. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is complete trash, it's graphics look like Call of Duty 3, not Modern Warfare.
    Bodies have no weight, textures look like absolute garbage they are stretched and clipped on everything you can find.
    I wanted to get into this game I really did, but it was just disappointment after disappointment. You should pray all day and maybe maaaaaaaaay be you will get your money back from
    You should pray all day and maybe maaaaaaaaay be you will get your money back from this spew of diarrhea dog console port.

-When you knife people it seems to have no connectivity, their limbs just fly off to a cheesy blood effect that looks like After Effects Action Essentials blood.
    -The guns have the same exact sound for each shot, other games had at least 3.
    -The cast just jumps around left and right, none of the characters are memorable.
    -This is a direct console port to the PC, the graphics adjustments are so crippled you can't even adjust the model detail -_-. This game is playing in 480p or some terrible console quality.
    I would be able to tell if it was developed for PC, the text would be very high quality and clear like the other games but the text in this game looks like it was from a 4:3 800 x 600 monitor.
    -The main menu is sooooooo bad it is set vertical, has no icons, why would they downgrade their main menu wtf, the first black ops menu was perfect, it was interactive with a bunch of fun secrets but this is just some crappy graphics guy just hitting his watch in the same exact spot.

Ranging from framerate issues and limited graphics, to the inability to crouch only when pressing the crouch button, both toggle to crouch and hold to crouch have the same exact action WOW.
    The guns do not make any impact sounds, from the beggining of the campaign I was just bewildered at the fact that they had to add so much gore up the ass, from burning to brutal murders. It is so unnecessary and it detracts so much from the story I don't even know what the characters are even arguing about half the time.

I have played Call of Duty since Call of Duty 2, my favorite one being Modern Warfare 1.
    I'm glad Metacritic isn't paid off for it's reviews because this game really does deserve a 3.1.

This game makes Soldier Front look like an 11 / 10.

This is the summation of money hungry corporate pigs, movie licensed game, and paid reviews.
  57. Nov 13, 2012
    And downhill we continue to roll. Compared to the first Black Ops, this game is an incredible downgrade when comparing weapon balancing, movement, and overall game-play. Aiming down the sights is virtually dead. Every map, even ones that seem sniper friendly on the surface, all you need is a high fire rate sub-machine gun to mow players down. And unless they are at quite a longAnd downhill we continue to roll. Compared to the first Black Ops, this game is an incredible downgrade when comparing weapon balancing, movement, and overall game-play. Aiming down the sights is virtually dead. Every map, even ones that seem sniper friendly on the surface, all you need is a high fire rate sub-machine gun to mow players down. And unless they are at quite a long distance, aiming is simply not necessary. Players move unrealistically fast compared to previous installments, and even though maps are bigger on average than BO1, the speed and absolutely horrible re-spawn mechanics make the maps feel much smaller and simply more frustrating. Map design itself is horrid and seemingly rushed with no consideration of play mechanics or strategy. With BO1 and earlier CoD games every map seemed to have some advantage to picking the right weapon. That is not the case by far with BO2. As previously mentioned a fast firing sub-machine gun is all you need for every map every time. The games outdated graphics engine is about 5 years old now and very much showing it's age. Virtually "cartoony" at this point. A sure sign that no effort went into this game from a design perspective.

The "dedicated servers", even though known to be owned and controlled by 3arc with no mods allowed, could be considered an outright lie to the consumers. We see the same style game matching as with MW3. The only upside is that ping/latency seems to be a tad bit better. It's very difficult to tell but this could be the result of matches being hosted on "dedicated servers" as opposed to peer-to-peer. It's also difficult to say if that's moving in the right direction.....because as PC games are concerned....true dedicated / player owned servers have always given us the best play experience. That's because we get lower pings, a better social experience where you get to play with and befriend those on your favorite servers, but also the server admins can "police" a server and ban cheaters/hackers that circumvent the shoddy anti-cheat measures Valve and 3arc try to impose. Sadly I must recommend to all skilled players to avoid this game completely....as it takes no skill to actually play. The continued dumbing down caters to a common play-style that young children and pre/young teens enjoy..... which is spray, pray, and call people racist & derogatory terms. That may be present in all on-line games but when traditionally you would have older teens and young adults as the majority skilled player such occurrences, especially on a true dedicated server, were fairly uncommon.

This player had high hopes for BO2. Eagerly awaiting an improvement on BO1 for some fun, balanced, and skilled game-play. Unfortunately what we receive is a dumbed down abomination of MW3.

Between Activision's loss of touch with the gaming community and EA's continued poor quality renditions the market is prime for a new entry into this genre. Someone, please save us.
  58. Nov 13, 2012
    I bought it. I feel ashamed. I knew this would happen AGAIN! Luckily I only wasted 30 Euros on it, and it still feels like flushing money down a toilet. Whats wrong with the game you might ask?
    Well lets start by the "Fake"dedicated servers. Where is the dedicated server? I do not know? Neither will you, and the only indication of the quality of connection is hidden by some idiotic Ping Bars. We cant even play competitively or just hang around on our own servers, since you cannot rent them... that means no community forming in a specific server etc.

This leads me to point 2. Console port again... What a shame, graphics from 2005? Really from a supposedly triple A game? Well we all knew that COD has not been up to par for years, peer 2 peer in MW2 etc. This game shows the same kind of symptoms, clearly a case of consolitus(A disease for PC). I warn you my fellow PC gamers, DO NOT BUY THIS! Stop supporting Activision. We need a new engine...
  59. Nov 13, 2012
    Same engine, Same formula, a few new guns... I'm not sold.

How year after year people flock to the new edition of the call of duty franchise I'm not sure. The best Modern Warfare game was the original, since then the franchise has gone slowly downhill with each new installation. I would advise people to stay away from this one.
  60. Nov 13, 2012
    I agree wholeheartedly with the review by Division. The core problem with this game is that there is virtually no map variety. They've added plenty of new weapons, perks, and killstreaks, but without maps to use them on, the additions are wasted. I will start with the positives of this game.

The rebalancing done to custom classes is superb. Instead of taking only the most powerful of perks and addons (OMA/noob tube, anyone?), you are forced to decide whether you really want to forego a sidearm, attachments, or even tactical and lethal grenades if you want, for example, Marathan and Lightweight together. This allows for some interesting combinations and are a vast improvement in terms of customizing classes to suit your gameplay style. I love what they've done with this. There are now tons of killstreaks you can choose from, though I don't know the precise number. There are many new additions to the weapon lineup, and the sound is the best I've heard in a COD title to date. The CQC design, IMO, is actually superb, even if that's all the maps offer. The unfortunate thing as that's pretty much where the positives end.

Every single map is the same, with different textures and environment. Imagine playing COD with a randomized dungeon engine like Diablo 2's. That's pretty much what BLOPS is, except I would probably prefer random layouts to the tired and uninspired designs of these maps. Every level is a close quarters combat layout. Every.single.one. Did you enjoy maps like Overgrown, Derail, or Estate that offered a mix of wide open spaces, overwatch areas, and a bit of close quarters? Well, then, don't buy this game, especially if you're a PC player, like I am. The series has been going the way of the console for a long time now, and, sadly, even Halo offers more open space maps than this title. That's depressing.

So while there are loads of new weapons to choose from, you're pretty much pidgeonholed into picking sub-machine guns. LMGs, sniper rifles, and even rifles are now just handicaps. Aiming isn't even necessary anymore. If all you desire is quick action and rapid fire spraying with little to no tactical consideration, then this title is perfect for you. The graphics seem no better than any previous BLOPS/MW title, yet it does seem to run worse. I've run max settings on almost every COD title to date (with even older video cards), yet I've actually had to lower a couple settings on this title just to prevent hiccups from actions like aiming down the sights. I don't really notice an improvement in the graphics even on max settings. I'm sure some of the hiccups will be ironed out, though.

The good thing is that BLOPS2 is a definite improvement over MW3. I loved every single Modern Warfare title until that game. It was a travesty. I even loved BLOPS to a lesser degree. But the bad thing is that the extremely poor map variety makes this game a chore to play. I give it a 4 only because it's better than MW3.
  61. Nov 13, 2012
    Sub-par FPS. Campaign I'm playing on Veteran and it's easy mode, no challenge whatsoever. I fired up multiplayer today, all it is is a small map with guys running around in circles like it's a paintball game. Players are running and gunning using BAR .50 cal. rifles like it's a pistol.. yes boom one shot boom one shot without any realism whatsoever. If you like loud noises and have ADHD,Sub-par FPS. Campaign I'm playing on Veteran and it's easy mode, no challenge whatsoever. I fired up multiplayer today, all it is is a small map with guys running around in circles like it's a paintball game. Players are running and gunning using BAR .50 cal. rifles like it's a pistol.. yes boom one shot boom one shot without any realism whatsoever. If you like loud noises and have ADHD, this might be the game for you. Expand
  62. Nov 13, 2012
    Same game, just few new skins. Also a lot of the copies came with a Mass Effect 2 disk instead...WTH, If you're looking for a new and exciting game, play Deus Ex or something. There are better games out there.
  63. Nov 15, 2012
    This Game deserves a 9 over 10 but because of all the improper, false, unrealistic, nooby made reviews i hade to give it a 10 to boost the overall all score. Black ops 2 is by far the second best call of duty since Call of duty 4: modern warfare. Single player offers so much as well as the multiplayer. Zombie mode has modes in them which gives it a much more lasting appeal. The game givesThis Game deserves a 9 over 10 but because of all the improper, false, unrealistic, nooby made reviews i hade to give it a 10 to boost the overall all score. Black ops 2 is by far the second best call of duty since Call of duty 4: modern warfare. Single player offers so much as well as the multiplayer. Zombie mode has modes in them which gives it a much more lasting appeal. The game gives so much variety and fun. I undoubtedly recommend this game to any True FPS Fan. This Game Is truly what the fans asked for and Treyarch has given it to us. I was always an infinity ward fan but since West and Zampella left Mw3 sucked and Mw2 was a nice arcade style shooter But To Date COD4 Is still and most probably be The best call of duty in the series (especially on pc cuz of the mods:P) Expand
  64. Nov 16, 2012
    i am all about singeplayer and i must say its not good
    maybe if the graphics was up to date then my score was around 7
    i think that "medal of honor warfighter" did a better job not only with the graphics but with gameplay to.
    "medal of honor warfighter" sticks you to the chair.
    i think bop2 didnt need a sequel.
    so if want agood FPS go with "medal of honor warfighter".
  65. Nov 14, 2012
    Absolute garbage. Looks completely dated, graphics from 2008, game play uninspiring, and terrible multiplayer experience. Treyarch really got lazy on this one.
  66. Nov 14, 2012
    One of the Best Call of Duty games ever released. it might be the end of the black ops series in CoD. but never less i am a fan of Halo CoD and Battlefield and i think this game beat the rest of those series

Go Call of Duty
  67. Nov 14, 2012
    Hello everyone,my comments about this game.Singleplayer graphic sucks,but multiplayer graphics are good.For singleplayer campaign,i give 3.Its very boring,POOR graphics even maxed out.Multiplayer is good,just bad thing that everyone takes smgs. as i said,multiplayer graphics are good,better than singleplayer.In this game DX 11 was a gimmick....I give for multiplayer a rating 8.Because ofHello everyone,my comments about this game.Singleplayer graphic sucks,but multiplayer graphics are good.For singleplayer campaign,i give 3.Its very boring,POOR graphics even maxed out.Multiplayer is good,just bad thing that everyone takes smgs. as i said,multiplayer graphics are good,better than singleplayer.In this game DX 11 was a gimmick....I give for multiplayer a rating 8.Because of maps,graphics,sounds,and fun.Final rating : 7.Its an average game.But pay 69$ for this game... nah... Expand
  68. Nov 14, 2012
    If you can see the comments of others, then you know what this game is all about. The game is possibly the biggest load of crap ever seen in modern games. Strangely this Call of Duty nonsense doesn't know how to stop and our majority of gamers and consumers are into nonsensical, repetitive, and worthless games. Clearly Treyarch doesn't appeal nor care towards players and only towards theIf you can see the comments of others, then you know what this game is all about. The game is possibly the biggest load of crap ever seen in modern games. Strangely this Call of Duty nonsense doesn't know how to stop and our majority of gamers and consumers are into nonsensical, repetitive, and worthless games. Clearly Treyarch doesn't appeal nor care towards players and only towards the money idiots throw at them. The game sadly lacks one of the useful features of gaming, dedicated servers. Without this how can you expect PC gamers to have any type of fun? With constant disconnections from servers and bad communities, I wonder how play this game. Not to mention how poorly coded and balanced this game is. Run and gun with a sub-machine gun, BIG **** WHOOPIE DO. Seriously, with a due respect, this game is not worth buying with It's same, non-changing gameplay with only meager, insignificant additions.

How can other idiots, Yes idiots, commenting in Metacritic say people don't know what they are talking about this game score wise, anyway? Clearly, they have played it, hated it, and give their concerns to the community.

Overall, this game is NOT worth your time and especially your good money. The game lacks core FPS elements and will be a waste. If I ask one person who is so madly in love with this game, I bet you he or she cannot give me a clear, descriptive and good opinion about the game. The game is a piece of **** this is one of the most banwagoned game which sole purpose of the creators is not to create a fun genre, but one to only gain profit. If you have the mind to read all of this, I sincerely commend you for your actions. I am not being a hater, but clearly there are so many bad, and unfixed points of this game that makes it a complete disaster. Remember, Treyarch wants to only make money not matter how badly a person perceives it. Please make a difference by not being one of those idiots who say MW3 (when it came out) or did you get Black Ops 2?
    The gaming community today makes me sick to see these COD only gamers.

P.S. I played throughtout the COD series, So I KNOW where I am coming from.
  69. Nov 14, 2012
    The single player falls short in story telling, voice acting, pace and challenge, not really worth the 4 hours spent to finish the campaign. The multiplayer is a significant improvement over Black Ops, without the lagging or stuttering avatars. Knife lunge no longer travels half a mile. The new toys (perks, attachments), and the 10-part equip system they've implemented are moderatelyThe single player falls short in story telling, voice acting, pace and challenge, not really worth the 4 hours spent to finish the campaign. The multiplayer is a significant improvement over Black Ops, without the lagging or stuttering avatars. Knife lunge no longer travels half a mile. The new toys (perks, attachments), and the 10-part equip system they've implemented are moderately amusing, and for their first time use will probably keep you entertained. But is mostly a rehash of mw2/3 and blops maps, but smaller. Many of the maps are close combat fighting, with scattered perches for range. Sadly, the age of dedi servers is over, as an Australian, I still end up getting many games internationally, when it isn't our peak playing time.
    Zombies is where Black Ops 2 really shines. If you're playing with mates, its just FUN. This is the reason you buy the game.
  70. Nov 14, 2012
    it bare the name of call of duty but. dear fan. its not a real COD game.
    a real COD game has dedicated server
    a real COD has a community that will thrive thru dedicated server
    a real COD game DOSENT have hacker in almost all of the game and no server admin to serve justice.

its not a COD game, its a sad POS that try to be skyp this one there is nothing to be found here
  71. Nov 14, 2012
    This game deserves a 6/10, nothing less, nothing more.
    Gameplay is the same - run, gun, jump, dive, don't aim, use same couple guns. The game is fun time to pass time if you want to play with your nephew/cousin/elementary school kid you picked up, or people who suck at games, because they won't feel worthless.
    If you take gaming seriously, wait a few months when this game drops in price.
    This game deserves a 6/10, nothing less, nothing more.
    If you take gaming seriously, wait a few months when this game drops in price. This game, like the entire franchise after COD4, is just another "expansion pack." You get new maps, some which are designed well (although anything looks good compared to the trash in MW3). Unlock scheme/classes are "different." Still, you get generally the same perks, guns etc. It's hard to differentiate between guns since they behave pretty much the same, and require little skill to kill anyone. This game doesn't deserve above a 6, because it is the same game that was released every year for the past half-decade, and will be the same game released for every year for the rest of this decade.

It does not deserve less than a 6, because even though it is not remotely close to other FPS like CS or BF, it at least has a huge active community at each launch every year. Idiots will continue to buy this repackaged garbage every year, and it is always fun to ream them in multiplayer to accusations of "hacker" or "man this game sucks." **** on kids is always fun, and not many games require so little effort to give you this much chance **** on so many kids. Also, don't bother playing "League" matches unless you have 3 friends. The matchmaking is godawful. When I played with a team, 4/5 of our placement matches were against 4 non-friends, who rage quit 30 seconds into the round. Since the game was based strictly on a timer, we wasted 10 minutes per round just chasing 1 player around. Of course we got placed into "Gold," but at the cost of fun, time, and the other players. When I tried being placed solo, 3/5 matches I was left 1v4 in maps such as "capture the flag" or "domination." Even the for the most skilled player, it is impossible to win, although I at least top fragged (easy to do 1v4 as long as you always get a kill before you die) while completing the objectives several times. Still, I thought I deserved to be placed in Gold (playing against a gold rated clan in domination 2v4, and top fragging, top scoring, and most objective captures/defends), yet was placed in Silver.

TLDR, this game is fun if playing with unskilled friends and taking care of stress against the multitudes of idiotic noobs who continue to buy this game annually. Don't expect anything new or challenging though.
  72. Nov 14, 2012
    Yet another missed opportunity to reach out to the female gamers out there. And surprisingly I'm not that upset about it, from what all my friends who got it tell me, its not worth being upset about; they played it a few hours and came back to Halo 4.
  73. Nov 14, 2012
    I have been waiting months for BO II to come out now. Then I find that the game is $180 USD if you include all day one and deluxe content. Which lowers the score I give by 4 points. Also the option to preorder was removed before the 14th. So I think my score is valid and now knowing how bad and buggy the game is I feel like I'm rating it too high.
  74. Nov 15, 2012
    **** game. The whole series just crap. Poor graphics, scripted scenes, forgettable characters, poor optimization. Activision bathe now in money. This game is just awful. No inovation in this game - copie of DLC of BO1. Just ****
  75. Nov 15, 2012
    cant connect, freeze on campaign, long loading time. Xbox version is great but PC requires more time and many patches to be perfect. i am disappointed. but i m sure i ll get better in couple weeks then i ll update my review.
  76. Nov 16, 2012
    This is essentially a multi-player review, because that's all I've played. Don't usually spend too much time on the campaign. Better gameplay and cool in-game features compared to Blops original, but took away key PC features. They removed some core PC functionality such as community operated dedicated servers. This was what created such a strong community in Black Ops and which createdThis is essentially a multi-player review, because that's all I've played. Don't usually spend too much time on the campaign. Better gameplay and cool in-game features compared to Blops original, but took away key PC features. They removed some core PC functionality such as community operated dedicated servers. This was what created such a strong community in Black Ops and which created such a great online experience. There are still dedicated servers, but they are operated by Treyarch. Now if there's a hacker that fell through the cracks of VAC (Valve's Anti-Cheat system), there are no admins to ban these hackers. The crappy matchmaking is back, a functionality that PC gamers see as an abomination to online gaming. I don't see why they removed these features. They had them down pat and the PC gamers were happy. Why ruin it? Treyarch has continually released better PC releases than Infinity Ward...is this a change of pace due to lack of sales and laziness?

Bottom line: if you liked Blops for the reason I did, there's no reason to get this game. Continue playing Black Ops, and enjoy the community it has to offer. If you just want to hop in to a match casually like a console player, then this game will work for you.
  77. Nov 16, 2012
    I've never posted a review on Metacritic before, but felt compelled to after seeing so many troll/bad user reviews. It's one thing to play a game, review it objectively, and give it a low rating. It's another to rate a game a 0 or 1 without even playing it.

It boggles the mind how people complain about how the game "hasn't changed" yet the very first aspect they criticize following this statement is "teh engine/graphics are the same!!11" People need to understand that a new graphics engine does NOT equal new gameplay. Medal of Honor: Warfighter has arguably the best graphics engine on the market right now (frostbite 2), yet the gameplay is incredibly dull and dated (aside from the car missions that I felt were neat).

Now before playing a Call of Duty game, a prerequisite is required. By now, most people have played a CoD title at one point or another. You know the formula. So you can't rate the game low for being what it is: a highly scripted, fast-paced, blockbuster shooter. It's like giving Madden a 0 for being too much of a Madden game. It is what it is. CoD is NOT Battlefield, not Rainbow Six/GRAW, and it's not Brothers in Arms. If you go in expecting to fight in environments in size similar to Battlefield 3, expect to drive any vehicle you see in the map, or expect to micromanage your squad, you will be sorely disappointed.

Single-Player

If you play Black Ops 2 expecting the same formula of Black Ops 1 (or MW3 for that matter, although that was developed by a different studio), you will be VERY pleasantly surprised. BO2 brings many new appreciated changes such as allowing you to customize your loadout before each mission (like primary weapon, secondary, attachments, grenades, and even perks), strike missions, and alternate story choices and endings. And in Call of Duty fashion, this is all tied together in a campaign that features a great score, compelling characters, excellent voice acting, superb facial animation, and thrilling scripted events all running at 60 fps.

This time around, I really feel like they've struck a great balance between a compelling linear story line and player choice, both affecting gameplay (like loadouts and access to certain equipment and routes in the environment) and story (alternate choices and endings). Would I like more room to perform flanking maneuvers? Sure. But no CoD game in the series have ever really given me that, so I didn't expect it in this one and I won't fault it for that. Again, It think it's unfair to fault a game for not being what you want it to be. I can't fault CoD for not being more like Brothers in Arms. It would be the equivalent of faulting Gran Turismo for not being more open like Midnight Club Racers. Gran Turismo is not that kind of game and it would be unfair to judge it that way. GT must be reviewed as a circuit racer, just like CoD needs to be reviewed as a linear shooter with the likes of Homefront, Crysis 2, and Medal of Honor. That fact that Black Ops 2 offers alternate endings, optional missions, and custom loadouts earns it a lot of credit and differentiates Black Ops 2 from the "on-rails" shooter genre.

I agree when people say "vote with your wallet." For me, I love the new changes to the Black Ops 2 campaign and have voted "Yes."
  78. Nov 16, 2012
    This is one of the worst games I've played in recent times. Not only one of the worst but also the most overrated game ever. There is nothing good about this game. This game is bad. Nothing subjective about it, it's objectively bad. Every game is the same, not to mention each game is terrible so that's a double negative. If you played any other Call of Duty game, there's no point in buyingThis is one of the worst games I've played in recent times. Not only one of the worst but also the most overrated game ever. There is nothing good about this game. This game is bad. Nothing subjective about it, it's objectively bad. Every game is the same, not to mention each game is terrible so that's a double negative. If you played any other Call of Duty game, there's no point in buying this because you've already played it. Do not get it, it's glitchy, stupid and boring. Expand
  79. Nov 16, 2012
    This game is garbage. has decent graphics but you can't enjoy them because the game is so glitchy you can't aim your guns correctly. you can spray to get kills but nowhere near as smooth as borderlands or mw3. black ops 1 was the same one. is so disappointing that treyarch is still in business and that once every other year they get to put out a game from what has been the best series in the past.
  80. Nov 16, 2012
    Badly done, I'm super disappointed. Scripted events that don't let you control, bad ui, cut scenes you can't easily skip, etc etc. Just a million little things done wrong. Game play sucks too, if I wanted a strat game I would get a strat game. They try to turn a shooter into some type of strat game every other mission. Giant ball of suck!
  81. Nov 16, 2012
    Do not buy this game now, at the moment it's still full of bugs in Single Player. Wait a few weeks and hopefully they will bring out patches. I'll revisit my review when that happens.
  82. Nov 16, 2012
    Game is terrible, money is all they want, same old **** different year. zombies is probably the only thing worth playing, back to battlefield 3. Call of duty is only for fanboys
  83. Nov 17, 2012
    The solo is completly bugged. I can't continue, the horse go down on the map and I stuck. Graphism : Horrible, you can't compare with BF3. The multiplayer, lagging, bugging, camping ... Anyway, stay away (again ...) from this game. When Activision release a good, beautiful, no full marketing, no bugged COD ???!!!
    It's really a joke to release this ...
  84. Nov 17, 2012
    Horrible audio, boring and simply bad gunplay. Short and bad campaign with an AI which is comparable to a corpse. No bulletdrop, no recoil. All in all another casual shooter which console babies will love.
  85. Nov 18, 2012
    Cant get more then a 3 bar connection. Stop ignoring PC players.. So frustrating.!!!. Dedicated serversm y a$$, The game itself is decent but the pings are terrible. Better off spenidng your money at the pub
  86. Nov 18, 2012
    Exactly the same as every previous cod. Nothing really new. The the sp features are not really innovative.
    The MP is entertaining if you liked every other cod, but its just cod 1 with new gun textures. If you played other new fps titles you will be shocked by how bad the sound and atmosphere is. It sounds as if they bought the cheapest desktop mic they could find and made the gun sounds with that. Its shocking how much they charge for this considering how little they have done. This is not AAA quality.
  87. Nov 18, 2012
    I bought this game not expecting my mind to be blown or to have ground-breaking new content. I bought this game expecting a crappy single player ( got it ) and a fun multiplayer (didn't get it). Maps are way too small, aim down the sights is dead thanks to the overpowered SMG's, and the reason I stopped playing all together.....The plants are bullet proof! Need cover in that office? HideI bought this game not expecting my mind to be blown or to have ground-breaking new content. I bought this game expecting a crappy single player ( got it ) and a fun multiplayer (didn't get it). Maps are way too small, aim down the sights is dead thanks to the overpowered SMG's, and the reason I stopped playing all together.....The plants are bullet proof! Need cover in that office? Hide behind the man sized plant in the corner....It's like they looked at BO1 and said "How can we make this worse?"....Never again will I buy a COD title Expand
  88. Nov 18, 2012
    Game is good don't expect any fireworks or fantastic graphics it is another call of duty a little better then other the multiplayer is awesome single is realy good a thats it .
  89. Nov 18, 2012
    The weapons are unbalanced and feel like plastic toy guns. Some brick walls are like carton while some wood walls are impenetrable. moving mechanics remind me of unreal tournament or quake arena, and that, coupled with lag is a major turnoff. Even unreal tournament wall jumps never were so spectacular as some of the things the supposedly more realistic soldiers in Black Ops 2 pull off.The weapons are unbalanced and feel like plastic toy guns. Some brick walls are like carton while some wood walls are impenetrable. moving mechanics remind me of unreal tournament or quake arena, and that, coupled with lag is a major turnoff. Even unreal tournament wall jumps never were so spectacular as some of the things the supposedly more realistic soldiers in Black Ops 2 pull off. Stay away. Do not buy. Keep playing Black Ops 1 or MW2. Expand
  90. Aug 15, 2013
    While this game is very addicting, I give this game a 3 for the fact that it's essentially the same game just with a twist. Still raging 12 year olds on MP after you kill them, same perks and killstreaks that just cause frustration after you've worked so hard to get then just to be killed by a camper. The weapons are all the same, they just all shoot really fast, hell, the shotguns canWhile this game is very addicting, I give this game a 3 for the fact that it's essentially the same game just with a twist. Still raging 12 year olds on MP after you kill them, same perks and killstreaks that just cause frustration after you've worked so hard to get then just to be killed by a camper. The weapons are all the same, they just all shoot really fast, hell, the shotguns can kill long range.... LONG RANGE FOR A SHOTGUN! And the snipers are even better at close range. And referring back to the kids screaming on the mic, on all of the servers I played on, they were saying that this is the most realistic game on the market, if you want realism in a military game, play ArmA 2! How is this game realistic? The die if you get knifed in the foot, no bullet drop, what so ever, perks that let you reload faster and not appear on a UAV, only 2 attachments allowed for your gun, the list goes on. This is possibly the most overrated game I have ever played, some how being more overrated than Zelda and Halo. Do not buy this game, spend your money on a good game like Half Life. Expand
  91. Nov 18, 2012
    I give it a one because its a game. it would have given it another 7 points if it had Dedicated servers Server browser its really dumb that the pc version players have always hated MW23 for its lack of server browser but the Activision more then likely forced this garbage system on Treyarch as they would not be stupid enough to voluntarily add it themselves.
  92. Nov 19, 2012
    1. Minimal improvement in looks since Call of Duty 4 MW, which came out in 2007 (that's 6 years ago)
    2. Singleplayer campaign - you've seen it all before, nothing new, except horses! YES HORSES!
    3. Multiplayer cannot be more broken, no dedicated servers, disconnection, raging teens screaming all the time, bad maps (in every sense of the way), expect a DLC which you obviously have to pay for
    4. Game is made easier and even more accessible then previous titles, DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY SKILL
    5. Price - $60 for a mod is too much

They will keep making the same game over & over again as long as there's enough fools to buy it. Next year we will get MW4 and it will be poor but it will probably still manage to get over $500 million in it's first week.
  93. Nov 19, 2012
    Well, this is my first Call of Duty game since CoD 4 and I have to say BO2 is really good FPS (not realistic, but it's fun), however I think they should finally change game engine etc. Maybe they're afraid of massive failure?
  94. Nov 19, 2012
    Let's just start with this **** game. Okay first off the single-player missions, the campaign is good, actually damn good, the dialog between every single character is amazing. So check out the singleplayer. But then we come to the worst multi-player ever. OMG!!! This was the most disappointed thing with this game. THE MULTI-PLAYER SUCKS!!!
  95. Nov 19, 2012
    I'll give Treyarch a 3/10 for the campaign.
    Everything else is simply a rehashed version of MW3, containing characters from Black Ops.
    The multiplayer leaves more to be desired, with multiple guns being unbalanced and only 1 additional game mode was added.
    All in all just another COD game that will not change its course unless people stop buying...
  96. Nov 19, 2012
    There are some welcomed changes and fun moments in this game, but for the most part it's still a heavily scripted spunkgargleweewee.
    Some of the future missions are fun to play through. But there are still a lot of heavily scripted encounters that will screw you over if you don't do it the exact way the developers wanted you to. On top of that there are still some bugs in single player at the moment.
  97. Nov 20, 2012
    I made an account just to rate this game. This is just another copy of MW3, although campaign is probably worse than before. The "easter egg" ending made the game seem so amateur, I literally sat there crying watching the cutscene. Do not waste your money on this terrible copy.
  98. Nov 20, 2012
    Call of duty series were good before they started making the same games over and over again and people buying the same game all over and over again expecting **** to change. Call of duty has yet chance to clear there made mistakes but i don't think they will realize that unless people will stop buying the games from them.
  99. Nov 20, 2012
    This game is perfect its nonlinearity is already a miracle for this series.Appeared a lot of many things/ TREYARCH I am glad that brings a new try to do something as opposed to Atctivision.Music is very beutifull.Oh graphics too old but she is saved by design of Future.Story - 9. Sense with numbers somewhere go out.Reznov ..... so real or not.

1. PC PowerPlay
    Dec 30, 2012
    The Corn Flakes of multiplayer first-person shooters. We've been sick of eating it for some time, now. [Jan 2013, p.80, 81]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Dec 21, 2012
    Black Ops II brings evolution to the series unfortunately, the evolution that is incomplete. Only one part of the game deserves a top ranking – multiplayer. [Christmas 2012]
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Dec 12, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops II is saved by its multiplayer, as the campaign has surprisingly too many bad sections. Maybe now it's time to move on? [Dec 2012]