Call of Duty: Black Ops II PC

4.2

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Hated MW2. Hated MW3. I was able to try this one for a short time. Couldn't wait to get angry and start raging on how bad this series is, and so off I played. After playing for 2 days of experiencing and trying basically enough, I have to say this...it has improved. It hurts me to say, but it has few improvements over the previous games. First of, I liked how the perks are extremely fewHated MW2. Hated MW3. I was able to try this one for a short time. Couldn't wait to get angry and start raging on how bad this series is, and so off I played. After playing for 2 days of experiencing and trying basically enough, I have to say this...it has improved. It hurts me to say, but it has few improvements over the previous games. First of, I liked how the perks are extremely few and unlike the previous, which many were useless and only few were good, now we get few perks and almost none are that useful and actually work as "perks". Instead, some of the "old" perks are now some sort of "attachments" to weapons which are unlocked by using them more often, and in here we also get the levels for weapons, which is a nice addition. They tried hard to balance the game, even by limiting our perks, weapons, attachments and everything with a limit of 10...which balances things....I guess? Weapons are still rather similar but they TRIED to make them different this time and I noticed few differences while using some of them...like one would give less recoil...another would do more...but the same damage...? Arenas have improved as well: we get colors! Few, but it's so great to find more than 2 colors in an arena, without mentioning that I haven't played that many matches with campers (there were, but nothing impossible to counter). And jokes aside, they tried to make most of the arenas trying to be careful on blind corners...which unfortunely still are present, showing either that it's programming fault or their own choice. People will either think I'm joking or being serious but to be honest, the answer is just one: this game is still horrible, and that's no joke. While it has improvements over the others, it's still not worth a single cent on this game: weapons are still too similar and have the biggest fault of having no need to aim at all: just shoot and you'll kill (you might need to aim only on long distances); arenas, while cured a little more, show how graphics are HORRIBLE and simply unacceptable and while I accepted the graphics of the previous games, this one is totally unworthy of attention. And campers are still around in some arenas, so it's not fixed yet; balancing of the classes is still far from being even remotely good, letting us customize with just tons of useless perks (even if fewer than previous games) and overpowered killstreaks, which works with points instead of kills, but still can be a gamebreaker pretty easily and without letting you escape. This game is just mediocre, like the previous games, and while it may be a good purchase this time, the game is still expensive like day 1 and, in all honesty, you can spend those euros/dollars for much better games (and cheaper as well). If you ever find this game on discount (not gonna happen) you might give it a try and maybe even having fun until the next installment arrives (after that, this game literally dies). But seriously, if you want to play an arena based fps, with lots of weapons, with very low graphics, no real physics and simply fast pacing gaming....play either Quake 3 arena or Unreal tournament. Expand
  2. Dec 2, 2012
    I believe that first Black Ops was a great achievement, not in terms of graphics or something, but in terms mentality of atmosphere and game concept. That created an absolutely new idea and gave a game a new feel - a great schizophrenic experience when you play as a main hero, suffering from his broken sense of reality. Setting was also incredible - hard times all around, war is close toI believe that first Black Ops was a great achievement, not in terms of graphics or something, but in terms mentality of atmosphere and game concept. That created an absolutely new idea and gave a game a new feel - a great schizophrenic experience when you play as a main hero, suffering from his broken sense of reality. Setting was also incredible - hard times all around, war is close to us, country leaders, great countries, everything worked well. I played all of CoD games, and Black Ops was an outstanding achievement - not just fun with a gun, but fun with a brain.

So, when i heard new Black Ops is on the way i expected that another something incredible will be delivered. And, finally....
    It delivered but there's no nothing that can be described as "delivered". It has some cloudy connections with first Black Ops, but connections are just meaningless extras - you can remove them and game will be okay with out them because, as i said, they are so cloudy so just don't make any sense. You've got some storyline that too far from words "interesting" or "involving" because storyline is way too artificial and make sense just in case you have no another new game to play (my case). Graphics-shmaphics are okay, not better than first part and sometimes looks worse than first part. Militaristic future is boring and repeatable although Afghanian mujaheddins armed with power of horses against some Soviet forces (sorry for a rhyme) are just ridicolous. Main hero is radiating brutality and postive way of thinking, but i didn't get anything interesting from a character, he's more like a robot that go down by scenario. Okay, there're some moments you'll find catchy but not too catchy to get you play again.

Et cetere, et cetera, i can call many other silly stuff. Game isn't worth money they are asking for that, time isn't worth to spend playing, go get first part and be really happy if you didn't have a chance before.

I gave 4 only for time i spent, but...in case another replica of that sort is on the way - i'm not going to buy it.
  3. Nov 18, 2012
    Ok so I've already reviewed this game but after playing it solidly on multiplayer for the last 5 days (off work broken leg) I thought I'd do another. I've marked it down to 4 from five because....

Gunplay, colision detection is appaling, you don't need to be on target just in the general area, I've been awarded headshots when I've hit players in the chest and had kills that were around an arm length away from the body.
    Perks/Upgrades, really clunky and confusing (at first) some of the perks/upgrades are just not worth the bother.
    Graphics/engine, I know if a game has solid gameplay graphics should not be an issue but come on, no destructible scenery, falling off the edge of maps ? this is 2012 ffs. There should be slightly more realistic gun mechanics, pistol headshots across the map with no bullet drop ? Yeah right.. Also bullets will pass through walls made of metal but be stopped dead by walls made of wood, what gives ?
    Sound, seriously bad just seriously seriously bad.
    General stuff, just a really really disappointing game, you can get killed by something like a RCd or dragonfire and have no warning of it' approach or time to get into cover or even any idea what you've been killed by, hardcore mode isn't, switching to pistol when you've clipped out is very slow, a hell of a lot of camping spots and very little room for team based gameplay. A lot of people are saying buy BF3 it's better, yes this is true but BLops2 and BF3 are completely different games with different objective, no way could Blops2 be described as a 'realistic wargame', I'd say buy MW1 or 2 better gameplay and a hell of a lot cheaper. There are some good points though, the maps are ok, ummm thats about it really I'm struggling to think of something else good....it's a bit like the Halo series, some great maps on there but horribly slow clunky junky spunky gameplay.

To all those giving it 0 come on, be a bit objective at least very few games are worth 0.

Just a few words about me. Been gaming since the days of Space Invaders and Scramble, played pretty much every platform and genre out there and remeber when games were a challenge and made you think, now my old old brain is so curdled all I can do is run around and shoot people, just as well really with depthless crap like MW3 and Blops2 around.
  4. Feb 17, 2013
    One of the disappointments of 2012! Poor wherever you look: graphics, sound, gameplay, story. Very little or nothing to rescue.
    The greatest damage is in the graphics. Disastrous!
    A shame, it could have been a good game.
  5. Nov 14, 2012
    Old graphics, reactionary story line full of ridiculous propaganda. The first level you're playing a white dude fighting for a pro-Apartheid group fight against those trying to eliminate apartheid. They don't say that
    ,but if you know African history it's pretty simple. There's pretty much zero immersion. They tried to put all these little things like rope swinging and bat flying in, but they're stupid and cumbersome
  6. Dec 8, 2012
    Feels like the same old CoD all over again. Really disappointing graphics on the PC. Poor widescreen support and all for a hefty price. Wishing I didn't spend my money on this game now.
  7. Feb 2, 2013
    This game isn't anything special. The graphics are okay and the engine has a nice tiny change to it. But a really bad part is no console commands. The game runs at a maximum of 60 fps, which just makes the whole game hard to play, with such low fps. The campaign is honestly, very boring. I absolutely cannot attach myself to it, no matter how much I try. The zombies was a part of the game IThis game isn't anything special. The graphics are okay and the engine has a nice tiny change to it. But a really bad part is no console commands. The game runs at a maximum of 60 fps, which just makes the whole game hard to play, with such low fps. The campaign is honestly, very boring. I absolutely cannot attach myself to it, no matter how much I try. The zombies was a part of the game I was really looking forward too. But I was actually very disappointed. Tranzit introduced a new way of playing zombies, traveling by bus to all the locations in the map. It was a good idea, but Tranzit honestly just doesn't define it will. The gameplay is very slow and boring. Then the Survival maps you get play on, are just different sections of Tranzit, so in total you get only 1 map. But the Grief mode actually is quite fun, but barely anyone plays it sooo...... The multiplayer is okay. The maps I have to admit are well done, but like mw3 there are lots of OP guns which makes the gameplay get very old FAST. They did also make entering Prestige Mode actually "Worth" it now that they tweaked it. But the multiplayer is just designed for a bunch of 10 year old kids on their little suckbox consoles. Expand
  8. Nov 14, 2012
    Story is very linear & boring. Graphics isn't that impressive. It's overpriced. I see no changes in gameplay. The zombie mode is the only thing I slightly liked. I'm not into future warfare but this is just downright ridiculous. Game developers try to feed us very linear crappy games for easy money. This is why gamers resort to piracy.
  9. Nov 13, 2012
    I agree wholeheartedly with the review by Division. The core problem with this game is that there is virtually no map variety. They've added plenty of new weapons, perks, and killstreaks, but without maps to use them on, the additions are wasted. I will start with the positives of this game.

The rebalancing done to custom classes is superb. Instead of taking only the most powerful of perks and addons (OMA/noob tube, anyone?), you are forced to decide whether you really want to forego a sidearm, attachments, or even tactical and lethal grenades if you want, for example, Marathan and Lightweight together. This allows for some interesting combinations and are a vast improvement in terms of customizing classes to suit your gameplay style. I love what they've done with this. There are now tons of killstreaks you can choose from, though I don't know the precise number. There are many new additions to the weapon lineup, and the sound is the best I've heard in a COD title to date. The CQC design, IMO, is actually superb, even if that's all the maps offer. The unfortunate thing as that's pretty much where the positives end.

Every single map is the same, with different textures and environment. Imagine playing COD with a randomized dungeon engine like Diablo 2's. That's pretty much what BLOPS is, except I would probably prefer random layouts to the tired and uninspired designs of these maps. Every level is a close quarters combat layout. Every.single.one. Did you enjoy maps like Overgrown, Derail, or Estate that offered a mix of wide open spaces, overwatch areas, and a bit of close quarters? Well, then, don't buy this game, especially if you're a PC player, like I am. The series has been going the way of the console for a long time now, and, sadly, even Halo offers more open space maps than this title. That's depressing.

So while there are loads of new weapons to choose from, you're pretty much pidgeonholed into picking sub-machine guns. LMGs, sniper rifles, and even rifles are now just handicaps. Aiming isn't even necessary anymore. If all you desire is quick action and rapid fire spraying with little to no tactical consideration, then this title is perfect for you. The graphics seem no better than any previous BLOPS/MW title, yet it does seem to run worse. I've run max settings on almost every COD title to date (with even older video cards), yet I've actually had to lower a couple settings on this title just to prevent hiccups from actions like aiming down the sights. I don't really notice an improvement in the graphics even on max settings. I'm sure some of the hiccups will be ironed out, though.

The good thing is that BLOPS2 is a definite improvement over MW3. I loved every single Modern Warfare title until that game. It was a travesty. I even loved BLOPS to a lesser degree. But the bad thing is that the extremely poor map variety makes this game a chore to play. I give it a 4 only because it's better than MW3.
  10. Nov 21, 2012
    Every year COD creates a game using the same formula. easy game + lots of pointless rewards + lots of unlocks + super cool kill streaks = a game that will sell a **** tone of copies day 1 and keep people occupied until they release the next cod. NO support for their games, no community outreach, no intent to create a challenging game. THESE FRANCHISE MODEL NEEDS TO DIE.
  11. Dec 20, 2012
    We only buy Call of Duty for it's multiplayer, if you don't, you're insane. The Call of Duty name will be around for a long time and has really set the standard for FPS titles, but Black Ops 2 lacks, badly.. I found myself spending the first week hooked, being around low level players and enjoying the game. Now, I won't even load it and the icon is collecting dust on my desktop. This gameWe only buy Call of Duty for it's multiplayer, if you don't, you're insane. The Call of Duty name will be around for a long time and has really set the standard for FPS titles, but Black Ops 2 lacks, badly.. I found myself spending the first week hooked, being around low level players and enjoying the game. Now, I won't even load it and the icon is collecting dust on my desktop. This game is unbalanced, aggravating and extremely dull in terms of content. The maps feel cheap and there's a lot of mechanical flaws in terms of hit box detection on occasion. Overall, the population on PC has dipped, and at nights in North America it can be almost impossible to find matches for certain game modes. Black Ops 2 was just a measly disappointment. Expand
  12. Jan 14, 2013
    I am VERY disappointed at this game, it's the same trite formula with no to very little innovation. I have only played it about 5-6 hours total between single player, multilayer and zombies(which is actually okish) and wished I didn't waste $50 on this garbage. I have gone back to playing Modern Warfare 3. Multilayer is probably the part I hate the most, the maps are tiny! everyoneI am VERY disappointed at this game, it's the same trite formula with no to very little innovation. I have only played it about 5-6 hours total between single player, multilayer and zombies(which is actually okish) and wished I didn't waste $50 on this garbage. I have gone back to playing Modern Warfare 3. Multilayer is probably the part I hate the most, the maps are tiny! everyone just runs around shooting from this hip and it is cheap deaths around every corner. Zombies is the only redeeming feature of this game, it is ok, but not amazing. I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING THIS GAME! Expand
  13. Jan 19, 2013
    Total disappointment. MULTIPLAYER and co-op were my biggest reasons for getting this game, and it has been a horrible experience. The lag compensation will show you shooting dead on and getting a miss or shooting air and getting a kill. Not to mention, you will see yourself getting up to 4-5 shots off on your screen, but the killcam shows you didn
  14. Jun 3, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II is one of the worst game I've ever played in my life. Well, I am one of the most stupid person alive right now. I paid 120 bucks for this game. Spent 250 hours of IN-GAME time on this bullcrap. Until I met Battlefield. I run my games on a 3470 and 7970, so don't compare your "lousy cod graphics" to at least the Crysis (1) back in 2007. This game lacks theCall of Duty: Black Ops II is one of the worst game I've ever played in my life. Well, I am one of the most stupid person alive right now. I paid 120 bucks for this game. Spent 250 hours of IN-GAME time on this bullcrap. Until I met Battlefield. I run my games on a 3470 and 7970, so don't compare your "lousy cod graphics" to at least the Crysis (1) back in 2007. This game lacks the diversity of new things, and each year i am basically buying back the same game OVER AND OVER AGAIN. With just some newer (and boring) things over and over again.

I love the irony in the Xbox ONE live reveal show, I spent 3 hours of my life hearing to TV shows, how to navigate with the Xbox one, then comes the Call of Duty: Ghosts reveal.

Mantling like in BF3, slide like in Crysis and swim through fishes like in Mario. Like seriously, the engine is still the same f*cking engine. No way on Earth am I purchasing the game if it doesn't have a bigger fanbase in my region.

IW, TREYARCH, ACTIVISION, the 3 MOST EVIL COMPANIES TO EVER EXIST.

(Btw guys, don't ever listen to critics like IGN, you hear it from the majority of the players (us) in the community and User section of this website. They are paid to give higher ratings. 9.3 from IGN for CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 2??!! WHAT A BIG FAT LIE)
  15. May 9, 2013
    STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS GAME! First of all, to be honest, I have never played a single COD title, the only FPS I've played were Counter Strike. Having heard a lot of rave reviews from game critics, doing research on YouTube and so on, with many COD fanboys bragging about how superior these titles were compared to other FPS. It gave me the assurance, that this has to be the best FPSSTAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS GAME! First of all, to be honest, I have never played a single COD title, the only FPS I've played were Counter Strike. Having heard a lot of rave reviews from game critics, doing research on YouTube and so on, with many COD fanboys bragging about how superior these titles were compared to other FPS. It gave me the assurance, that this has to be the best FPS ever made, right? F**k no!!! Ok, at first BO2 may seem quite fun but for awhile, it won't take long before you realize that it's just stupid & mindless, you'll feel like a complete retard running around in circles in a freaking Michael Bay movie with a mass orgy of bombardments, getting killed out of no where. Can someone knock some sense in to me and explain how the hell did COD titles gets all the good reviews? how the hell is this even fun? I'm astonished! This game for me is a 4/10, TERRIBLE!!! I just don't get how COD titles are one of the best selling video games or why people are wasting money on this trash, one thing's for sure though, definitely the last time I bought any COD crap. Expand
  16. Apr 24, 2013
    gonna divide this is 3:
    - Campain: its painfuly booooooring, would be worst if it wasnt for Menedez. Also the decitions? thats the only choice it matters is the very last one the others are exuces.
    - Multiplayer: nothing really new exept for a few thing. - Zombies: fun as always and pretty inovative. the only thing that worths at all is Zombie mode and its not THAT good. you would
    gonna divide this is 3:
    - Multiplayer: nothing really new exept for a few thing.
    - Zombies: fun as always and pretty inovative.

the only thing that worths at all is Zombie mode and its not THAT good. you would get bored soon.
    Besides why wasting money in this game if they are already going to release a new one soon. dont give your money to them! use that money for a game that actually woth and has iniciative like Battlefield 3 or Uncharted 3
  17. May 11, 2013
    After playing this during the free weekend, I can tell you that this game is nothing special. If they dropped the price to $20, it would better reflect the game's value.

Not much has changed here, you could go back to the old MW games, and see the same gameplay. The unlock system is confusing... I unlocked something I have to unlock? Talk about annoying. The graphics are nothing

The graphics are nothing special either. You actually can't hear footsteps very well (this is playing with $80 razer headphones). There were quite a few times where I would get stuck on objects, or other players as well. Also, why do we still have maps that have areas where you can kill yourself by jumping off the map? Seriously? If I wanted those kind of maps, I'd go play an old quake or Unreal tournament.

Will not be buying this game. I already have 2 others JUST like it.
  18. Jul 30, 2013
    Very disappointing singleplayer. Too easy, too short, generic, pseudo hollywood presentation which contrasts with the rather outdated graphics. The multiplayer is not much better, entertaining for a few hours, but very hectical and spammed with hackers only two months after initial release. My last purchase in the Call of Duty franchise, a series which has gotten more and more repetitiveVery disappointing singleplayer. Too easy, too short, generic, pseudo hollywood presentation which contrasts with the rather outdated graphics. The multiplayer is not much better, entertaining for a few hours, but very hectical and spammed with hackers only two months after initial release. My last purchase in the Call of Duty franchise, a series which has gotten more and more repetitive and has been deteriorating with every release since Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. Expand
  19. Aug 30, 2013
    This game barely scrapes by on a four out of ten. The single-player mode was okay, but was short and could have been extended quite a bit more. The multi-player mode, however is what drags this game through the dirt. I have what I consider a fast laptop, and yet I had to update it as far as possible just for the game to run. And IF i manage to connect to a multi-player server, it'sThis game barely scrapes by on a four out of ten. The single-player mode was okay, but was short and could have been extended quite a bit more. The multi-player mode, however is what drags this game through the dirt. I have what I consider a fast laptop, and yet I had to update it as far as possible just for the game to run. And IF i manage to connect to a multi-player server, it's short-lived. Connection with this game is nigh on impossible and gives many numbers of errors for not connecting. Connection interrupted, lost connection to host, and you have been disconnected are the main messages I see. I wasted 60 dollars to buy a game that is unplayable. Expand
  20. Oct 3, 2013
    Oh im just been informed this isn't just Black Ops with a texture pack. Surprising. The story is all over the place, there is no characterization, and everything is predictable. Level design is horrible and has you running through halls. There are some changes in multiplayer which make it even less balanced. there is one change that is good, but it isn't worth 60 dollars.
  21. Nov 13, 2013
    Still selling for $60 on Steam, that is a complete disappointment, it's a decent game, at a horrendous price. Don't buy it unless it's on a big sale. I would pay $30 or less for this game. (BO2 also has pretty bad graphics for a game made recently.)
  22. Dec 27, 2013
    With a horrendous campaign, not many changes from the previous entries in the series, a few removed game types/modes and bad graphics (for a AAA title), the only reason to purchase this game would be for the multiplayer and/or zombies mode. While it's fun and addictive, the multiplayer is almost exactly the same as previous titles in the franchise. There's different maps, weapons,With a horrendous campaign, not many changes from the previous entries in the series, a few removed game types/modes and bad graphics (for a AAA title), the only reason to purchase this game would be for the multiplayer and/or zombies mode. While it's fun and addictive, the multiplayer is almost exactly the same as previous titles in the franchise. There's different maps, weapons, killstreaks and titles, but still the game is very similar to other Call of Duty games. I also thought the emblem creator was awful. I liked the pre-made emblems much more, and to me it felt like the developers wanted to put less effort into the callsigns. Zombies mode was fun, but I barely played it, so I don't have much to say about it.

The game is FUN, but nothing else. Oh, and if you're playing online, you might want to mute some of the players, as there are many underage players.
  23. Mar 15, 2014
    Terribly boring, and definitely not worth the price.
    The game is basically this: Very long cutscene -> short action -> Very, very long cutscene -> short action -> Incredibly long cutscene -> short action -> Endless cutscene during which you forget you're playing a game -> short action... (ad nauseam).
    Terribly boring, and definitely not worth the price.
    Everything seems more and more dumbed down and repetitive, as is the tendency for games nowadays, and I see nothing new when compared to older titles. A waste of my money.
  24. Jun 22, 2016
    I dislike Call of Duty for a lot of reasons, but I've always enjoyed the campaigns, if for no other reason then they are impressive strings of scripted events. Carl on Duty: Black Cops II breaks the mold a bit by offering a branching story with at least three outcomes, and the possiblity to miss some events in one playthrough. I expected the much-discussed Strikeforce missions to cause meI dislike Call of Duty for a lot of reasons, but I've always enjoyed the campaigns, if for no other reason then they are impressive strings of scripted events. Carl on Duty: Black Cops II breaks the mold a bit by offering a branching story with at least three outcomes, and the possiblity to miss some events in one playthrough. I expected the much-discussed Strikeforce missions to cause me a lot of trouble, but they were in fact the easiest parts of the campaign, as most of your losses are replaced and you're not penalized for losing guys, which is kind of sad if you think about it. I also counted only two unecessary celebrity voice actors this time, so I guess more money went into actually developing the campaign. All that said, it suffers from the same problems that plague the entire series: stupid deaths, tiny health pool, marmalade-vision when damaged, limited variety of weapons, depressingly short vehicle segments and a sense of moral myopia that typically comes when trying desperately to portray America as the good guy while we go about policing the world and shooting Russians/Arabs/Latinos/(Insert non-American whites here). That said, Two Black ♥♥♥♥♥ manages to make its central characters seem equally morally justifiable, which is no small feat. Overall, it's a solid single-player experience, though I'm one of those weirdos who actually gives a ♥♥♥♥ about CoD's singleplayer. Treyarch proves themselves the superior CoD developer once again. On the other hand, it's Call of Duty. It's stock, it's short, it's overpriced and you could do a hell of a lot better. I enjoyed it, but those of a more refined palette may wish to look elsewhere. Expand
  25. Nov 14, 2012
    Modern Warfare was the last game for me in this series: until Activision can demonstrate how the series has changed significantly (and thus makes a more compelling experience) I won't be throwing any more money into the same game with a different front.
  26. Dec 28, 2012
    It's not a terrible game. In term sof graphics it's pretty darn good. In terms of gameplay and depth - it's chanelling 2004. Maybe it's just the franchise is getting very old. Maybe it's shooters in general are just too darn profligate that we are all getting jaded and bored with the same game over and over and over (and over and over) again. Maybe that's the case, but you can't forgiveIt's not a terrible game. In term sof graphics it's pretty darn good. In terms of gameplay and depth - it's chanelling 2004. Maybe it's just the franchise is getting very old. Maybe it's shooters in general are just too darn profligate that we are all getting jaded and bored with the same game over and over and over (and over and over) again. Maybe that's the case, but you can't forgive such simple gameplay and lack or tactical depth. Pretty poor but not awful. Expand
  27. Nov 15, 2012
    Still the exact same gameplay as medal of honor which cod first tipped off 10 years ago.
    Stil the same flaws like the awful spawn system.

No server browser, no more mod support, no rcon tools, narrow fov.
    The series has regressed since cod4 and deserves a score that reflects that, it was never a very good game but now it's a mediocre game with a lot of features missing.
  28. Nov 14, 2012
    I didn't purchae the game, getting my brother to blindly spend the monies on this crap as he still can't see the trees from the wood with this series. My expectations were spot on and after spending a few hours watching him play the game on the big screen tellie, occasionally having a go myself that this series is indeed hobbling along on its last leg. Graphics are sub-par, so much forI didn't purchae the game, getting my brother to blindly spend the monies on this crap as he still can't see the trees from the wood with this series. My expectations were spot on and after spending a few hours watching him play the game on the big screen tellie, occasionally having a go myself that this series is indeed hobbling along on its last leg. Graphics are sub-par, so much for making use of DirectX 11 on the PC as the game looks identical to the first Mondern Warfare from five years ago. Anyhow I am by no means the best person to judge this, as I quit after MW2 with the series, but if this is your thing, playing the same thing over and over and over and over ad nauseum again year in on out then by all means go for it else avoid like the plague! You can do much much better with your $60 of hard earned cash. Expand
  29. Nov 17, 2012
    The same game, but worst. Without AI, without graphics, This game in PC is simply bad. One year ahead, same game of 2004. In 2004 this game is an 8, now is a 3.
  30. Dec 4, 2012
    While no game deserves a 0 as a score this game definitely does not deserve a 10. Single player basically comes down to more of the same old formula Activision has forced these development companies to work with. The AI is laughable at best, but every one knows the Call of Duty franchise has never had the best coding for AI. The story line in general is 5 hours long and is really bland,While no game deserves a 0 as a score this game definitely does not deserve a 10. Single player basically comes down to more of the same old formula Activision has forced these development companies to work with. The AI is laughable at best, but every one knows the Call of Duty franchise has never had the best coding for AI. The story line in general is 5 hours long and is really bland, unimaginative, and well, more of the same. They try to deviate from becoming a linear corridor shooter by supposedly providing player with options but they don't truly affects the game. The ending on the other hand might. Which is suppose to add re playability to the first person campaign, but there's really no reason to play over the same campaign for just a different ending. Multiplayer, this is the are where this game should shine but it seems the MP portion of this game feels a lot similar to that of MW3 and of course Black Ops. Small scaled maps with tons of areas to camp. Basically comes down to which ever team can camp the middle ground the best wins the game. The rest is just protecting the same corner through out the game with occasionally moving 3-6 feet away from your old camp spot to corner camp in a different spot. There are no need to watch your back as certain equipment and streaks do that for your. The game is slow paced and also suffers from the same old bad hit detection. While it does some what fix old issues like knifing people from miles away, it does at times glitch and can cause your character to launch at another player. Kill streaks seem re-hashed but with an added "futuristic" approach. There's always lag and horrible host selection, the spawn points are mediocre at best, but what can one expect from such small maps that are crammed with buildings to make them seem "big." The leveling system online has been set to keep players from playing. While it gives players who have been playing the game longest the upper hand with over powered weaponry and the best perks. The new set up is suppose to force players into playing the objective, that is not the case. The way the maps are set up actually encourage players to whore kill streaks and never actually go for any objective. Word of advice, try to level as fast as you can to get ghost perk, it's a uav whore type of game. Zombies: This is where this game shines. It's somewhat new but refreshing at the same time reminds me a bit of Left for Dead. Which is great fun to be honest. If this game was just a zombie installment I would definitely recommend this game. Other wise, save yourself some money and just rent this game or save up for MW5 or BLOPS 4; Skip a generation or two just like any one in their right mind would with Fifa games. Expand

1. PC PowerPlay
    Dec 30, 2012
    The Corn Flakes of multiplayer first-person shooters. We've been sick of eating it for some time, now. [Jan 2013, p.80, 81]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Dec 21, 2012
    Black Ops II brings evolution to the series unfortunately, the evolution that is incomplete. Only one part of the game deserves a top ranking – multiplayer. [Christmas 2012]
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Dec 12, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops II is saved by its multiplayer, as the campaign has surprisingly too many bad sections. Maybe now it's time to move on? [Dec 2012]