Call of Duty: Black Ops PC

5.2

1. Feb 16, 2013
    Awesome campaign, very interesting story and the missions were very fun. Unfortunately the multiplayer was terribly made and lagged something terrible, not only that, all the servers are ground war, which sucks, and nearly all the ones people play in are 24/7 Nuketown. The sniping doesn't work very either.
  2. Apr 24, 2013
    This game has so much potential but the main campaign is a joke you can beat it in a day go to bed that night wake up in the morning and you will not know a single character's name none. All this is is Cod4 reskinned with some new guns and a new layout mind you Cod 4 is considered a masterpiece by a lot of people so that is where some potential shines through this fest. The multiplayerThis game has so much potential but the main campaign is a joke you can beat it in a day go to bed that night wake up in the morning and you will not know a single character's name none. All this is is Cod4 reskinned with some new guns and a new layout mind you Cod 4 is considered a masterpiece by a lot of people so that is where some potential shines through this fest. The multiplayer is broken because of the hackers and lag is ridicules i would sooner have a lama on my chest then go back to that bull most of the time you just spawn in napalm the only way its possible at all to enjoy multiplayer is to play with just your friends but even then why would you when Cod4 did it better and cheaper this game quickly becomes a bore to play. The single player is such a joke the A.I. in this game is abysmal they just let a retarded squirel orgasam on a keyboard for there pathfinding there can be a few good moments in it BUT I WOULD EXCEPT A LITTLE MORE THAN A FEW DECENT SET PIECES FROM ONE OF THE BEST SELLING FRANCHISES EVER. In Cod4 they upped the drama with having a nuke drop on your head and forcing you to try and survive but it doesn't matter what you do you will die thats original BUT THIS GAME IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF THAT JUST MILKING THIS SERIES UNTIL ITS STAR WARS i get that it would be hard to up the ante after have a nuke dropped on the players head but to not even try is pathetic you activision for whoring out this series to the point its the laughing stock of all most gamers this is the hooker you see whos giving a blow job for 5 dollars in a back alley to anybody she can find maybe you even took one once and it was pretty good but now shes 70 and just look pathetic and is pathetic and should just be put out of her misery. Expand
  3. Jul 30, 2016
    Black Ops is a decent game, but not the best Call of Duty for the PC. For one, the multiplayer is dead. You would be lucky to find an open server that is not Nuketown 24/7. There is a nice Combat Training mode, but it is only limited to death match variations and the AI perform like delayed aimbots. The Zombies mode is ok, but with World at War offering all downloadable content and a mapBlack Ops is a decent game, but not the best Call of Duty for the PC. For one, the multiplayer is dead. You would be lucky to find an open server that is not Nuketown 24/7. There is a nice Combat Training mode, but it is only limited to death match variations and the AI perform like delayed aimbots. The Zombies mode is ok, but with World at War offering all downloadable content and a map editor, Black Ops on the PC feels limited and constrained. Lastly the campaign was decent, but not great. There were some interesting set pieces, but I didn't find myself engaged in the story.

Overall, there are better Call of Duty games out there. COD 4 offers an exceptional multiplayer experience with a lot more active servers and World at War offers a better zombies mode and campaign. Overall it's hard to recommend Black Ops unless they substantially lower the prices ($40 for a 6 year old game without DLC included? No thank you)
  4. May 26, 2013
    Not bad, not perfect. It does have a large variety of weapons, great situations, a great ending and so on, but why hate it? Yeah, its not the Holy Grail of gaming but its fun! Just because its a Call Of Duty game doesn't mean its going to be yet another terrible game, and I admit Nazi Zombies, World at War etc are better, but this has a smooth feel to it and isn't cheesy like other CodNot bad, not perfect. It does have a large variety of weapons, great situations, a great ending and so on, but why hate it? Yeah, its not the Holy Grail of gaming but its fun! Just because its a Call Of Duty game doesn't mean its going to be yet another terrible game, and I admit Nazi Zombies, World at War etc are better, but this has a smooth feel to it and isn't cheesy like other Cod games. Multiplayer is messed up beyond repair through little kids raging, cheating and being damn annoying, but Singleplayer Campaign is complete with a good story and a kick-off to the Black Ops series. Try it, but no promises you'll like it. Expand
  5. Jun 2, 2013
    I actually don't mind this game at all. I liked the campaign for what it was. It wasn't too long and not too short. Zombies was especially dead ops arcade. I also like Ascension. That was my favorite zombies map in this game. Moon in my opinion was too much. I like how they brang back the classic maps. Made me happy. The multiplayer as is, is what it is. It's not as bad as I initiallyI actually don't mind this game at all. I liked the campaign for what it was. It wasn't too long and not too short. Zombies was especially dead ops arcade. I also like Ascension. That was my favorite zombies map in this game. Moon in my opinion was too much. I like how they brang back the classic maps. Made me happy. The multiplayer as is, is what it is. It's not as bad as I initially thought it was at first, but I got used to the graphics as they were not the greatest graphics ever, but I managed. Overall, I like this game. Expand
  6. Jul 4, 2013
    I havent played the game, I hate call of duty games, I know I missed nothing. cod games are atrocious and artistically insulting. cod to games is as drum and bass to music.
  7. Jul 5, 2013
    Call of Duty became recently such product which let out every year and it brings in to founders the stable income. Unfortunately, almost all parts left after the first Modern Warfare didn't possess anything, except a usual redoing of old ideas and their delivery for new, even a cursor never changed, and this CoD too works at an old cursor. I everything say it to that no hope that thisCall of Duty became recently such product which let out every year and it brings in to founders the stable income. Unfortunately, almost all parts left after the first Modern Warfare didn't possess anything, except a usual redoing of old ideas and their delivery for new, even a cursor never changed, and this CoD too works at an old cursor. I everything say it to that no hope that this project becomes something being remembered or interesting existed, besides Modern Warfare 3 which have left before it was deification of nonsense of founders of game and as perfectly I showed crisis of ideas which began even earlier, but is most of all noticeable in that ill-fated part. After I passed couple of missions I understood that it something new and founders actually became reasonable and do excellent game, I only hoped that further game won't go on nakatanny down, and will be at the level of the first missions. I was mistaken as further BO 2 me I disappointed. Expand
  8. Jul 8, 2013
    One of the best Call of Duty games made, for once in a while it was something new, often people overlooked it due to the storyline anc campaign not being brilliant but lets be honest, which call of duty campaign is actually "Brilliant" this game has an intense multiplayer experience, servers are good and guns are balanced and the people who play it tend to play with decent weapons (apartOne of the best Call of Duty games made, for once in a while it was something new, often people overlooked it due to the storyline anc campaign not being brilliant but lets be honest, which call of duty campaign is actually "Brilliant" this game has an intense multiplayer experience, servers are good and guns are balanced and the people who play it tend to play with decent weapons (apart from the few noob toobers and the occasional AK74u rapid fire) the best Assault Rifle in the game is either the M16 or the AK47, for once they got it right, it is the perfect original AK47 that people know and love complete, with wooden stock and undercarriage. I Rate this Game an 8/10 due to the bad sniping and below average campaign. Expand
  9. Jul 17, 2013
    I find the game a fair FPS, however, it is not too special. In my opinion, it is the worst of the main Call of Duty games. Now, I will admit that I like the Call of Duty games, but this is one that is mostly mediocre to me. The campaign was very stereotypical and did nothing spectacular except for the Vorkuta and WMD missions. Also, the multiplayer made almost no improvements from MW2I find the game a fair FPS, however, it is not too special. In my opinion, it is the worst of the main Call of Duty games. Now, I will admit that I like the Call of Duty games, but this is one that is mostly mediocre to me. The campaign was very stereotypical and did nothing spectacular except for the Vorkuta and WMD missions. Also, the multiplayer made almost no improvements from MW2 which had made major improvements over the past CoD games. To make matters worse, they had added the CoD points system which I absolutely despise. If I unlock a gun when I level up, I want to be able to use it, not have to buy it. However, this game does have some positives that make up for these mistakes. I found a lot of the map designs unique which set them apart from the others. Also, I found it cool how you could customize your soldier with face paint and change their appearance based on the first perk. Lastly, the Zombies maps were very enjoyable and put a good conclusion to the Zombies story. You may not agree, but I think this is a fair rating for an OK FPS. Expand
  10. Sep 7, 2013
    First bad installment in the series since CoD 3. It seemed like a step forward first: the trailers featured new interesting content, plot of the campaign looked like serious thing and there are not too much good shooters about Cold War era's covert operations and even about war in Vietnam. These things persisted in the final versions, the problem was there was almost nothing else to show!First bad installment in the series since CoD 3. It seemed like a step forward first: the trailers featured new interesting content, plot of the campaign looked like serious thing and there are not too much good shooters about Cold War era's covert operations and even about war in Vietnam. These things persisted in the final versions, the problem was there was almost nothing else to show! Now the CoD 4 formula worked bad as it was tiresome for the players. Developers needed to make something new, a little revolution in the series. Treyarch tried. But wager matches (all but gungame) quickly got boring, the money system become something strange and didn't settle down, etc. All these new features were just the holey cover for the old MW1. On PC, the rudimentary and outdated dedicated servers system was introduced, and I hate this fact. Still, the game re-introduced hilarious and interesting Zombies mode. But it's not worth buying. Expand
  11. Apr 25, 2014
    Always the same **** SP sucks as always, MP ts based too much on chance. All you can do is increase the chance of doing well in MP if you are skilled, but you will still die too much because of all the **** running around with noobtubes and knifing everyone.
  12. Nov 27, 2013
    This is a pice of crap right here. Its a liner non playable not fun pice of crap. Not worth your money. Its to liner the characters I don't give 2 for and the gun gameplay isn't that good buy Bioshock or anything but this pice of
  13. Oct 20, 2014
    This game is great because of the Zombies mode. If Zombies had its own review page I would give it a 9/10. But for the Campaign and Multiplayer I would give it a 2/10 because I quickly got tired of it and the Campaign was so awful it made me cringe. Well, what's to expect from a Call of Duty Game these days.
  14. Jan 1, 2014
    The campaign was boring and really short; it was also not much of a challenge even on the higher difficulties. Zombies was okay, but for some reason I felt like I was playing MW2 again.
  15. Apr 7, 2014
    My brother bought black ops from games stop . i thought it sucked because the zombies and the background suck it did and fyi the zombies sucked too . but i was wrong the story was epic and the game rocks . grade A+
  16. Nov 24, 2014
    Now that the game Call of Duty. The story really is WOW, and just draws you in true sense. In my opinion worth playing. It really is very FUN. I recommend.
  17. Sep 10, 2015
    Treyarch can pat themselves on their backs for creating such an amazing game. With their pass game history of mediocre games.Pathetic example of a over hyped game. Its very obvious the developer did not beta test this game.
  18. Oct 23, 2014
    I have to give Call of Duty Black Ops a positive review as it is one of the most memorable and best games available to console in the Call of Duty's Series. This game has provided hours and hours of fun for me and my freinds as it has awesome multiplayer gameplay, fast action on Nuketown and Fireing range, and overall a good killstreak system. I loved the various weapons in which wereI have to give Call of Duty Black Ops a positive review as it is one of the most memorable and best games available to console in the Call of Duty's Series. This game has provided hours and hours of fun for me and my freinds as it has awesome multiplayer gameplay, fast action on Nuketown and Fireing range, and overall a good killstreak system. I loved the various weapons in which were available to you and how the interface worked in order to select primary, secondary, lethal, tactical, perks etc. This Game is a big success in the COD series and honestly implemented a completely different feel to Multiplayer and Single player gameplay, the Zombies is also great and i love the Resurrection DLC in which adds the old World at War zombies maps such as Deir Rise and Shino Numa, as well as moon in which gives a different take on Zombies. Good work Treyach and Activision on this release as it is a game in which can be played and played over and over and give the user an overall wonderful exsperiance in which a FPS should have Expand
  19. Jan 26, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this game is all about guns and zombies and there are a lot of map pack and there is a map for zombie called moon and i think its the beat map for zombies because it hard to lat after level 30 Expand
  20. May 9, 2016
    In my opinion the best narrative ever put in a Call of Duty ever,seriously this story is amazing and the campaign is a joy to play.
    The multiplayer is good as well i prefer the multiplayer on the battlefield series but this one from COD is good to.
    Overall a solid Call of Duty game with a nice port
  21. May 22, 2016
    Call of Duty: Black Ops is, generally, enjoyable in terms of game play -- if not for the annoying bugs, lack of objective information displays, and almost incomprehensible story. Thankfully enough, the story wrapped up nicely before the ending; leaving me astonished as the credits roll.
  22. Apr 25, 2016
    Very good game because this game story is very beautiful. And characters good. Mason, Rez-nov, Woods... World War II, Cold War, Vietnam etc. In my opinion good game.
  23. Jun 19, 2016
    Dude, just don't buy it...because this CoD have:
    -Horrible Textures that sometimes takes a long to load..
    -Same gameplay like the last CoD before this.
    -And antoher reasons..

JUST DON'T BUY IT
  24. Jun 22, 2016
    I simultaneously like and really, really hate Black Ops. The highlight was the campaign, which had a few interesting psychological twists to the standard "shoot the arabs/rogue russians/nazis" formula. The multiplayer, on the other hand, was pretty damn bad, but it was still better then any Infinity Ward version. Call of Duty has some of the worst maps in FPS gaming, and literally the onlyI simultaneously like and really, really hate Black Ops. The highlight was the campaign, which had a few interesting psychological twists to the standard "shoot the arabs/rogue russians/nazis" formula. The multiplayer, on the other hand, was pretty damn bad, but it was still better then any Infinity Ward version. Call of Duty has some of the worst maps in FPS gaming, and literally the only map that didn't make me want to eat my own eyeballs was Nuketown- which may be one of the worst maps in any game ever. The outdated engine and ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥t damage model return, and while Treyarch learned from the mistakes made by Modern Cash Cow 2, even including a server browser, leaning around corners and dedicated server options. Black Ops has its own set of faux pas, like the use of the ballistic knife to turn into a Halo 2-style unstoppable, lag-teleporting juggernaut, and still no attempts to nerf sniper rifles, which persists into all later CoDs. If you absolutely MUST play CoD, Otherwise do yourself a favor and play something else. You're better off playing Counter-Strike, for ♥♥♥♥'s sake. Expand
  25. Sep 14, 2016
    I'm sure , this game is the worst title in the series. No captivating story and no work for this game. Some animations are strange af. The idea of this story was good , but somehow, he lost interest.
  26. Apr 16, 2017
    Plus violent, plus gore que les Call Of Duty habituels, Black Ops a un côté beauf que ne renieraient pas ces vieilles daubes de Soldier of Fortune : très premier degré, réactionnaire et con, bas de plafond et bas du front. L'histoire (si on peut appeler ça une "histoire") est digne d'un (mauvais) téléfilm, farci de clichés et la narration est confuse.

Graphiquement cependant, je le

Graphiquement cependant, je le trouve plus joli que Modern Warfare 3 ou en tout cas plus recherché dans ses décors. La partie sonore manque un peu de mordant mais fait l'affaire, grâce à la très bonne VF.

Pour le reste, que dire ? on nous abreuve de scripts bidons dans ce jeu-couloir jusqu'à la crise d'épilepsie, ça en devient ridicule. Pas eu la force d'aller jusqu'au bout (de l'enfer débilitant) de ce foutoir permanent (explosion - script - chute - effondrement - explosion - combat - script - chute) où l'on est qu'un larbin : debout assis couché donne la patte c'est bien mon chien !

Heureusement que le multi est là pour avoir enfin l'impression de jouer... mais ça ne suffit pas.
  27. Feb 16, 2017
    Black Ops has one of the most satisfying Call of Duty campaigns. It is definitely a short one; however, it is action packed from the start to last minute and has a compelling story line.

Pros: + Feels like one of Michael Bay's great movies. + Action non stop, even the stealth segment have serious action. + Compelling story with nice twists. + Loved the different protagonists. + I

Pros:
    + Feels like one of Michael Bay's great movies.
    + Action non stop, even the stealth segment have serious action.
    + Compelling story with nice twists.
    + Loved the different protagonists.
    + I enjoyed the variety of the situations.
    + Viktor Reznov!!

Cons:
    - It is an old school Call of Duty gameplay wise (linear as any CoD, no character progression, waves and waves of enemies, no weapon enhancements...)
    - Short, but then again the 6-8 hours campaign is really satisfying.
    - NEED BOSS FIGHTS!!

Verdict: A

1. PC Format
    Jan 29, 2011
    Its duffer solo moments are masked by imaginative and visual whizz-band-fizz. [Jan 2011, p.100]
  2. Jan 26, 2011
    This score will likely come as a shock to many, but this game suffers from pathetic frame rates at times, both on console and on PC.
  3. Jan 12, 2011
    Black Ops is one of the best first person shooters this year, and is a obviously must have for any action fan. Intense, gory and quite brilliant, maybe it's not refreshing but at the same time its a stunning game.