4.8

1. Jul 9, 2014
    My previous review of this game, in my own words, was immature, juvenile, and selfish. While I can't factor out the fact that this game retreads the same typical stereotypes of Russians being evil (even if it uses an appropriate time frame to justify it), has bounds of DLC that charge so much for so little, pyrotechnics that either kill you through buildings that otherwise aren't flammable or just be invisible overall and kill you randomly, I can't entirely discredit the game for at least being functionally bland. I can't, however, give it a perfect score, but I will try to be more reasonable with the current reception of this game, and others in the future.

While I am no fan of the continuing dismay of trading different filters of gameplay and trying to sell it off as new, at least the gameplay itself does work for the most part. Weapon damage and aim is consistent and substantial, noobtubes, while a crutch to any person's enjoyment, are still present, they aren't as overused as beforehand. And the only bit of credibility that I can give to Treyarch is that they do have a greater tendency to be more about the game than the graphics, unlike InfinityWard. Modern Warfare 2 pissed me the hell off because of that unexciting, jarring motion of getting killed from 8 different places if you looked at someone the wrong way, at least when I play Treyarch's renditions of the COD franchise, I can feel at least somewhat capable and compitent in battle. I might be a tad bit of a rage gamer, since even playing TF2 can get me into a downward spiral of anger that I want to brake my laptop in half. Spawn positions still suck, the bots that you can play against either locally or in the "combat training" still are dysfunctional to how real players play and are unrealistic, often being able to knife 2 seconds before you were even about to, have impeccable timing with the usage of grenades, and literally have no recoil to any of the guns they fire so they will never miss, unless you go out of their line of sight which they won't be smart enough to pursue you anyway.

While this game is in no stretch of the word enticing, original, or even fun at some occassions, it is a mite game that you can spend at the most 2 hours tops playing and get some fun out of it, primarily with the Zombies mode (which should have had more content available, since most of the DLC maps are from Modern Warfare 1,which shows the poor demonstration of them trying to be bigger and better). Kind of like with Battlefield 3, I don't get pissed off over how bad the gameplay is, i just get pissed off of how exploitative the DLC and supposed excuse for originality that the game pretends it has. It doesn't, and you know it. You only serve as a bland, castrated bowl of potato chips. Do they feed you? Sure, but you won't get anything pleasant out of them from doing it.
  2. Apr 25, 2014
    Always the same **** SP sucks as always, MP ts based too much on chance. All you can do is increase the chance of doing well in MP if you are skilled, but you will still die too much because of all the **** running around with noobtubes and knifing everyone.
  3. Apr 7, 2014
    My brother bought black ops from games stop . i thought it sucked because the zombies and the background suck it did and fyi the zombies sucked too . but i was wrong the story was epic and the game rocks . grade A+
  4. Mar 27, 2014
    Je ne comprends pourquoi ce jeu est si mal noté. Je suis d'accord que la campagne n'est pas fameuse mais le mode zombie reste quand énorme ! Essayer de survivre avec des amis à des hordes de zombies c'est quand même extra, et même n'ayant pas les DLC y'a de quoi s'occuper. De ce qui est du multi, certains modes ne sont pas vraiment excitant, mais il en reste un qui vaut vraiment le coup d'essayer c'est la R&D. Il faut vraiment survivre et avoir de bon reflex si on ne veut pas mourir dans les vingts premières secondes et devoir attendre la prochaine manche.
    N'essayons pas de voir que les mauvais côté du jeu, il reste encore de l'espoir.
  5. Mar 9, 2014
    Black Ops contains many things enough to have a good time. A good campaign. A great multiplayer. And a maniac addictive zombies mode. I don't want to go to work today. Let's play zombies.
  6. Jan 1, 2014
    The campaign was boring and really short; it was also not much of a challenge even on the higher difficulties. Zombies was okay, but for some reason I felt like I was playing MW2 again.
  7. Nov 27, 2013
    This is a pice of crap right here. Its a liner non playable not fun pice of crap. Not worth your money. Its to liner the characters I don't give 2 for and the gun gameplay isn't that good buy Bioshock or anything but this pice of
  8. Nov 15, 2013
    This was the last Call of Duty game i bothered to buy. 60 bucks and then later asking money for DLC was beyond me. I would sell this game along with MW2 but its stamped forever on my steam account, oh the shame. Its just an console port that is broken on the pc. And paying the money they asked for this mess is like stealing straight out of your pockets. It maybe good on consoles but its not for PC. Expand
  9. Oct 17, 2013
    Good god, avoid this like the plauge. This game relies too heavily on the multiplayer which bores me with repetitive crap that isn't fun in the slightest, and the missions on campaign (The campaign is supposed to be a highlight of a game, not the multiplayer, am I right?) Terrible AI frustrates you, lack of weapons and predictable story beats you up yet the missions were so long and boring! Ammo is little, health is ridiculous and the weapons are too OP! There are no goods in this game, people die in about 3 bullets hitting their LEG, and the fun factor is dumb. Too overrated. Expand
  10. Sep 22, 2013
    Multiplayer still sucks, singleplayer is super short and relatively boring. Graphics look like they are from 2005, perfermance is the worst i've ever seen in a CoD game. What more can I say? It's a bad game.
  11. Sep 7, 2013
    First bad installment in the series since CoD 3. It seemed like a step forward first: the trailers featured new interesting content, plot of the campaign looked like serious thing and there are not too much good shooters about Cold War era's covert operations and even about war in Vietnam. These things persisted in the final versions, the problem was there was almost nothing else to show! Now the CoD 4 formula worked bad as it was tiresome for the players. Developers needed to make something new, a little revolution in the series. Treyarch tried. But wager matches (all but gungame) quickly got boring, the money system become something strange and didn't settle down, etc. All these new features were just the holey cover for the old MW1. On PC, the rudimentary and outdated dedicated servers system was introduced, and I hate this fact. Still, the game re-introduced hilarious and interesting Zombies mode. But it's not worth buying. Expand
  12. Aug 10, 2013
    Maybe I was just so looking forward to this game, but what a let down. Awful graphics, terrible shot recognition, claustrophobic maps, useless weapons. Tryarch games are garbage compared to Infinity Ward. Absolutely awful...
  13. Aug 9, 2013
    The single player gameplay is all right, the zombie mode is fun, but just as with World at War the multiplayer has a bad feel to it, its lacking the smoothness the MW titles had, but new features such as combat training and CoD points makes it stand out from other Call of Duty titles.
  14. Jul 17, 2013
    I find the game a fair FPS, however, it is not too special. In my opinion, it is the worst of the main Call of Duty games. Now, I will admit that I like the Call of Duty games, but this is one that is mostly mediocre to me. The campaign was very stereotypical and did nothing spectacular except for the Vorkuta and WMD missions. Also, the multiplayer made almost no improvements from MW2 which had made major improvements over the past CoD games. To make matters worse, they had added the CoD points system which I absolutely despise. If I unlock a gun when I level up, I want to be able to use it, not have to buy it. However, this game does have some positives that make up for these mistakes. I found a lot of the map designs unique which set them apart from the others. Also, I found it cool how you could customize your soldier with face paint and change their appearance based on the first perk. Lastly, the Zombies maps were very enjoyable and put a good conclusion to the Zombies story. You may not agree, but I think this is a fair rating for an OK FPS. Expand
  15. Jul 8, 2013
    One of the best Call of Duty games made, for once in a while it was something new, often people overlooked it due to the storyline anc campaign not being brilliant but lets be honest, which call of duty campaign is actually "Brilliant" this game has an intense multiplayer experience, servers are good and guns are balanced and the people who play it tend to play with decent weapons (apart from the few noob toobers and the occasional AK74u rapid fire) the best Assault Rifle in the game is either the M16 or the AK47, for once they got it right, it is the perfect original AK47 that people know and love complete, with wooden stock and undercarriage. I Rate this Game an 8/10 due to the bad sniping and below average campaign. Expand
  16. Jul 5, 2013
    Call of Duty became recently such product which let out every year and it brings in to founders the stable income. Unfortunately, almost all parts left after the first Modern Warfare didn't possess anything, except a usual redoing of old ideas and their delivery for new, even a cursor never changed, and this CoD too works at an old cursor. I everything say it to that no hope that this project becomes something being remembered or interesting existed, besides Modern Warfare 3 which have left before it was deification of nonsense of founders of game and as perfectly I showed crisis of ideas which began even earlier, but is most of all noticeable in that ill-fated part. After I passed couple of missions I understood that it something new and founders actually became reasonable and do excellent game, I only hoped that further game won't go on nakatanny down, and will be at the level of the first missions. I was mistaken as further BO 2 me I disappointed. Expand
  17. Jul 4, 2013
    I havent played the game, I hate call of duty games, I know I missed nothing. cod games are atrocious and artistically insulting. cod to games is as drum and bass to music.
  18. Jun 2, 2013
    I actually don't mind this game at all. I liked the campaign for what it was. It wasn't too long and not too short. Zombies was especially dead ops arcade. I also like Ascension. That was my favorite zombies map in this game. Moon in my opinion was too much. I like how they brang back the classic maps. Made me happy. The multiplayer as is, is what it is. It's not as bad as I initially thought it was at first, but I got used to the graphics as they were not the greatest graphics ever, but I managed. Overall, I like this game. Expand
  19. May 26, 2013
    Not bad, not perfect. It does have a large variety of weapons, great situations, a great ending and so on, but why hate it? Yeah, its not the Holy Grail of gaming but its fun! Just because its a Call Of Duty game doesn't mean its going to be yet another terrible game, and I admit Nazi Zombies, World at War etc are better, but this has a smooth feel to it and isn't cheesy like other Cod games. Multiplayer is messed up beyond repair through little kids raging, cheating and being damn annoying, but Singleplayer Campaign is complete with a good story and a kick-off to the Black Ops series. Try it, but no promises you'll like it. Expand
  20. May 21, 2013
    The only modern call of duty I've ever purchased and a huge mistake on my part. I couldn't even finish the campaign it was so "Michael Bay" ish. Obnoxious needless action over and over again coupled with a very poorly told story which was mediocre at best.

Even the multiplayer is crap. I dabbled for a little while and found that there was a clear and dominant play style that was best
    for every cramped map this idiot game had to offer. The original call of duty had submachine guns, heavy machine guns, snipers, bolt action rifles, and semi autos that all had their place in the battle. Now the gunplay is assault rifles assault rifles assault rifles with your occasional variation of long rifles and submachine guns. Plus the idiot gimicks that reward you for kill streaks (just like real war! If only I'd known that when I was on duty). Expand
  21. May 1, 2013
    Quiet honestly I had no bugs or glitches while plying, the gameplay was just poor.
    I won't go over the campaign because I instantly became bored with the scheme of the story. It felt like Treyarch tried to push the envelope with violent and explosive gameplay during the campaign, but this never lead to a quality experience.
    Then there is the renowned multiplayer. Don't expect anything
    new from previous Call of Duty games. Maps don't look as colorful as MW2 and weapons feel slightly unbalanced. What seems to annoy me most about the multiplayer however is the PLAYER CONTROLLED SERVERS. There are countless issues with this. First, over 70% of the servers are Nuketown Team Death matches. It's hard to find a server that isn't 24/7 Nuketown. What's even worse is that players can set ridiculous rules to their servers like crouch only or clay only, making gameplay feel less free of choice. So even though player controlled servers give the illusion of freedom, it really makes the game feel more constraint by the players' ridiculous rules. Fortunately, there is a mode called combat training where you can face bots in the multiplayer modes, which almost saves this game, but bots can be real crack shots and games are limited to your slandered death match modes, making gameplay repetitive fast.
    Lastly, there is zombies. This could have been the best part of the game because I generally found no issues with the gameplay. Unfortunately, the mode becomes repetitive fairly quickly. There are only three types of zombies: standard zombies, dogs, and crawlers; and none of them seem unpredictable because they will only chase you in swarms. Because of this, you can easily round up a heard of zombies and once all in a swarm, blast them with an explosive and repeat for the next round.
    All in all, Black Ops is ok on PC, but there are other Call of Duty games that do the same thing Black Ops does only much better. The game becomes to repetitive fast, so its no wonder why COD fans are so eager for the next yearly installment.
  22. Apr 24, 2013
    This game has so much potential but the main campaign is a joke you can beat it in a day go to bed that night wake up in the morning and you will not know a single character's name none. All this is is Cod4 reskinned with some new guns and a new layout mind you Cod 4 is considered a masterpiece by a lot of people so that is where some potential shines through this fest. The multiplayer is broken because of the hackers and lag is ridicules i would sooner have a lama on my chest then go back to that bull most of the time you just spawn in napalm the only way its possible at all to enjoy multiplayer is to play with just your friends but even then why would you when Cod4 did it better and cheaper this game quickly becomes a bore to play. The single player is such a joke the A.I. in this game is abysmal they just let a retarded squirel orgasam on a keyboard for there pathfinding there can be a few good moments in it BUT I WOULD EXCEPT A LITTLE MORE THAN A FEW DECENT SET PIECES FROM ONE OF THE BEST SELLING FRANCHISES EVER. In Cod4 they upped the drama with having a nuke drop on your head and forcing you to try and survive but it doesn't matter what you do you will die thats original BUT THIS GAME IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF THAT JUST MILKING THIS SERIES UNTIL ITS STAR WARS i get that it would be hard to up the ante after have a nuke dropped on the players head but to not even try is pathetic you activision for whoring out this series to the point its the laughing stock of all most gamers this is the hooker you see whos giving a blow job for 5 dollars in a back alley to anybody she can find maybe you even took one once and it was pretty good but now shes 70 and just look pathetic and is pathetic and should just be put out of her misery. Expand
  23. Apr 23, 2013
    Same run of the mill game. Same sounds, same engine,, same weapons, simple level design, arbitrary recycled level-up system. Good for a mediocre spaz session, else trash it.
  24. Apr 20, 2013
    I played this game after 3 years it came out, so my version should be the final. If it is, then it's a joke. BTW I played it on the PC and only single campaign. They shouldn't bring this title to the PC, because it has the worst controls of all time, and there is competition on this field believe me. You reverse mouse axis, but if you drive the guided missiles, it reverses back... Why? There are some special missions where you have to use some special weapons or some targeting system. But these are always different buttons, like or How on earth they came up with an idea like this? Not just different buttons but they're spread all over the keyboard. And to top it all they won't work! I pressed them and they aren't working It would be a shame if it was a free game, but it isn't (although I got it for a budget price, but still not worth is). So it never crossed my mind to play it multi. Were there anybody back in 2010 who actually played this on the PC, and liked it. And now it has a 2nd run :)
    What were the developers doing when they created this game? Nobody tried it out before releasing? Stay as far from Treyarch games as possibly you can :)
    There are many more pathetic things but it just not worth my time :)
    I give it 1, because there were no bosses in it
  25. Apr 9, 2013
    Graphics: 8/10 Gameplay: 6/10 Story: 5/10 Enjoyment: 3/10 Value For Money: 6/10 5.6 (Average)
    I do not understand why there are so many 'awful' reviews... I do not play/or enjoy the Call Of Duty series and even I haven't give them an 'awful' score!
    This is an average game, an average game with an average (yet short) story and an average multiplayer. Also in this review does not include
    'Zombies' because... I do not intend to play that part of this game! The Multiplayer is the average "shoot that guy who is trying to shoot you because he wants XP and he has nothing better to do" and the story is the "Let's get a piece of and polish it with a short story line"...
    If it was up to me, do not buy the Call Of Duty series new when the come out, wait for them to be pre-owned and buy them for £2-6...
  26. Feb 23, 2013
    What the F*&K is wrong with the haters, this is by far the best call of duty, for me: GOTY 2010, even better than HALO Reach.
  27. Feb 16, 2013
    Awesome campaign, very interesting story and the missions were very fun. Unfortunately the multiplayer was terribly made and lagged something terrible, not only that, all the servers are ground war, which sucks, and nearly all the ones people play in are 24/7 Nuketown. The sniping doesn't work very either.
  28. Dec 5, 2012
    OMG, m shockd 2 see such negative reviews frm d users....my score is based on single player only and i believe its one of the best fps i have ever played....people complain about lag??? well, i have d updates installed and didn find muh lag and its completely playable....in short, its d best COD fr me yet , nt evn MW3 or Black Ops 2 i found worth competitive....i luvd d gameplay as well as the graphics....its much better thn MW3. atleast players wid low PC Specs can play it easily and enjoy....if u r a fps fan, this is one must game tht u shud play... :) Expand
  29. Dec 5, 2012
    I bought this game eyes closed. I regret. I didn't even finish the SP mode. It is boring. I played two time the zombie mode for the fun. But it is unbelievable that this game had good reviews... A shame, I will never buy a COD game again.
  30. Dec 3, 2012
    Such tiny little maps make this a grinder to play. After about a week it becomes repetition to the extreme. In the end I would have appreciated a mod kit to allow easy creating of user content of something of that nature.
  31. Dec 1, 2012
    This game has quite a lot of technical problems. And if you are able to run it what you will get is a pretty average first person shooter. The campaign is as linear, scripted and braindead as you would expect from the genre. Decide for yourself if that is a bad thing or not. Gameplay wise has the series stood still for a while and black ops continues on that path by not changing a single thing. The shooting is still alright but everything from the bad visuals, forced turret sections, endlessly respawning enemies, linear maps and scripted events starts to feel dated and if you have played a military shooter or two you will definitely have seen this before. That the campaign is rather short for the games price doesn't help either. You do get to visit some interesting places in the campaign which is always nice and the story is better than you would expect from this genre even if its a bit cliche. The multiplayer will compensate for this for some. Personally i didn't get much fun out of the multiplayer. The reason was technical problems and lack of interest. I would give the game a 5 in score since i believe that the game is quite average but the technical problems manages to bring it down a score. If this is your thing and if you are a fan of the games multiplayer i would recommend buying the game for a cheap buck. Just be aware that you might have to deal with some technical problems. Expand
  32. Dec 1, 2012
    lets call this game not the best of the series this game is fine but it not the best game in the frenchise if you are a cod and you want to buy a cod game i will tell you to buy black ops 2 not 1 if you want an awsome game expirence
  33. Dec 1, 2012
    I pre-ordered it and full of regret. The storytelling of this game used way too much flashes and random objects that made me dizzy repeatedly. Only get this game when it is on cheap sale and collection purpose, otherwise, avoid this game.
  34. Nov 20, 2012
    **** trolls man, giving the mighty CoD a 0 the best game of the year each year, this version of CoD called black ops is another example of why Activision is the last bastion of honest publisher out there, thank you Activision for such great hardcore multiplayer cinematic experience, can't wait to play the 2 and the 3 and maybe the 4. oh and don't mind the 0 is Ironic, like this review.
  35. Nov 13, 2012
    Didn't expect that ending! I've never played Call of duty for the story, but I actually liked this one. Really enjoy playing this game.
    To bad for the obvious trolls who try to lower this game good ranking.
  36. Nov 13, 2012
    The best Call of duty since Call of duty 4: Modern Warfare.
    Cool weapons, great multiplayer maps. The solo campaign is ok, but as usual now, it's the competitive multiplayer that takes this game to a new level.
  37. Oct 2, 2012
    Ok, its a cod game so that explains the very low reviews its very easy for someone mad in multiplayer to give it a 0. But this game is very far from a zero.It has its problems, like every cod, but it is 10 times better than the modern warfares. The campaign is absolutly amazing,it seems to skip around a bit, but OH MY GOD THE END OF THE GAME WAS EPIC.I wont spoil it, as it is one of the best stories i have ever seen, but i can tell you it is amazing. The game made me so curious, and a few wikipedia pages on cold war rescearch later, my mind was blown.Its like the movie "Inseption", i had to think about it alot and its amazing. Ok, cod players don't have much brain power in general so a epic story that is mind blowing wont appeal to them, witch might explain some of the hate. The other hate comes from bugs and such. Most bugs have been fixed. And cod players are probablly like "wtf this game is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gay" really its not at all. The multiplayer is much better than any pervious cod but sucking and getting killed all the time makes people write bad reviews. Honestly this game is worth buying, even just for the story witch is amazing. Expand
  38. Sep 5, 2012
    Having spent 400+ hours in this game and loving every one of those hours I honestly can't help giving it a 10 (for multiplayer).

SP score of 0 though, boring on rails story with zero attractiveness imho.
    Zombie mode gets a 2 for effort but I don't really like it, the whole thing feels like you need an IQ bellow 80 to enjoy...
  39. Aug 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This review is for the single game-play only as my multi-player skills leave much to be desired. The first thing you notice is those annoying numbers and their meaning. If I understood the premise of the numbers they are locations in the US for sleeper cells, however to Mason they have a more sinister meaning as it is implied that he was involved in the Kennedy shooting. All the missions are told in flashbacks and the game starts at the Bay of Pigs and goes on from there where you will do everything from black covert ops to recon. The mechanics of the game are the usual fare for COD game, however the controls, for some reason feel tighter in the XB360 edition as the PS3 felt kinda mushy to me. The gameplay is solid and the aim-assist can help you, or hinder you depending on the way you loo at it. For the most part the graphic are good except for one or two missions which look like the first gen XBOX, but other than that it is pretty good. As far as the story and game-play, I enjoyed it and it can take anywhere from 6-18 hours depending on how good or how much you play. Expand
  40. Aug 13, 2012
    I think I can confidently say that the only thing good about this game in the Zombies mode, although I still found it far less entertaining than the survival mode in MW3. The graphics and sound are mediocre at best--mostly just bad--and the gameplay alternates between frustrating and boring. The single-player campaign was more a chore than anything: I kept hoping that it would get better, but it never did. The story was moderately interesting, but the presentation was dull and confusing. There are plenty of explosions, ambushes, and near-death experiences, but I could never bring myself to care about anything that was happening. The 'characters' are all either shallow or completely lacking in personality, and nothing that happens really seems to matter much--not until the very end, by which time you're probably half asleep. Perhaps the multiplayer is worth trying, but from what I've seen of others playing it, there's nothing special there either. Expand
  41. Aug 13, 2012
    Black Ops haves an addictive multiplayer, and a memorable story mode. Zombies is a blast fun that you will have, but the problem are the glitches and some complicated controls. But, impressive is that the PC version haves great graphics. Overall, the game is worth buying, and, for sure, I recommend for everyone, especially for the fast paced gamers. 80 out of 100.
  42. Aug 8, 2012
    After playing call of duty black ops on Xbox360, I played it on PC and the connection is definitely so much better, the dedicated servers make it so there is almost no lag at all as long as you play in your correct region. Although the gameplay still isn't exactly top notch, and Call of duty 4 is still better for me.
  43. Aug 7, 2012
    Fantastic! Multiplayer is very good, the only problem is the new maps are really bad!

ZOMBIES: Easter Eggs, 8 perks, hacker, fantastic story, Pack-a-Punching (Upgrading weapons),

C'mon, even zombie video games intended for ONLY zombies don't have half as much entertainment as Black Ops Zombies... Moon... thats all I have to say, I learn more and more about that level every time I
    play it. The only zombie levels that really stink are Five and Shangri La... But that still doesn't take away the fact that Black Ops is a fantastic game. Expand
  44. Jul 31, 2012
    Another game that lacks everything but graphics. Don't buy this game It's a waste of money. It really sucks and it's controls on Pc are TERRIBLE!!! Don't buy it!!!
  45. Jul 24, 2012
    This game is totally pointless. Singleplayer not too brilliant but have good moments. Multiplayer like all Call of Duty titles trying to do game as much annoying possible with constant behind back spawning and camping sutable game types.
  46. Jul 22, 2012
    very linear game play, why did the critics like it so much? I could not even get close to finishing it. very linear game play, why did the critics like it so much? I could not even get close to finishing it.
  47. Jul 19, 2012
    What was activision thinking this is a sad excuse for a game i would rather play s.t.a.l.k.e.r. or crysis then this **** i mean seriously this is sad the 4 is for zombies its ok theres still lag on a top gaming rig ( 6 cores 32gb of ram and 4 7970 ) so if you tell me com sucks look above ok multiplayer screw it mw3 has better multiplayer i play it love it but yes multi sucks campaign sucks zombies 50/50 Expand
  48. Jul 19, 2012
    A point to first be made: before buying BO I had figured that its negative feedback was made at the onset of the game's release and after filtering the reviews to show only recent reviews the game seemed to have gotten some solid reviews within the 6-10 range.

This in mind, I took a chance and bought BO during Steam's summer sale for $20 USD and after 20 hours of logged multiplayer I
    couldn't be happier with my purchase. I admittedly haven't played single player but even if it was just a video of 9000 hours of nyan cat or a compilation of goatse pics or QWOP I wouldn't really care since I bought the game only for what it has to offer in multiplayer. My laptop is maybe midrange (1gb nvidia 9600m GT, duo2.66GHz, 1680X945, 4GB DDR3) but the game runs flawlessly when I have throttlestop and rightmark CPU on for max performance. I, however, wouldn't be able to play if it weren't for my mega vornado fan cooling hookup.

All in all, BO is a great "twitch" shooter with glorious gfx (I only really play CS), smooth multiplayer, and well populated servers that I've noticed to maintain a clean gaming environment and have very active clans/admin presence. It's too bad this game has gotten such muddy reviews...
  49. Jul 19, 2012
    que juego de mierda! si, así como lees, lo pague en oferta y caro es una mierda de juego como el MW3..
    modo multiplayer las balas tienen aimbot, aimassist! :s tiene problemas de FPS...
    modo historia...alguien juega realmente a esta mierda? activision en mi lista negra!
  50. Jul 12, 2012
    Limited edition is over priced, and the DLC doesn't provide as much as other games. Runs worse than other games even on low settings. However Zombies is really fun, and the gameplay in multiplayer would be worth playing if I had no lag.
  51. Jul 11, 2012
    Super game, and lots of fun. I'm somewhat surprised at the ratings because I feel game has :the following strong points:
    nonstop action
    variety of weapons
    lots of different ways to fight, like tank and helo
    good explanatory notes
  52. Jul 9, 2012
    trully one of the worst call of duty games I've played. The storyline is confusing and gets boring after a while. The zombie mode is really good but I wanted more maps and better servers since it's really hard to connect with friends. The muliplayer mode was a pain in the ass... The MW2 server system was much better I did not like neither the maps nor the weapons and I found it reallt frustrating that I couldnt connect with any of my friends on private servers... Expand
  53. Jun 3, 2012
    There is so much content packed into this game that I couldn't even fit all of it into my review. However, even the multiplayer alone is enough to warrant this rating.
  54. May 24, 2012
    While the game itself has an epic story and lots of flashes, the main issues of playing this game all goes with some rare bugs, glitches and server issues. Also the graphics are outdated. Even playing the zombie or skirmish modes require Internet access and that's unacceptable. Overall, a decent game that shall require lots of improvement to be made there.
  55. May 22, 2012
    Most of people ho think that CoD is the worst game are Bf3 fans( like BF and CoD) . DON'T SUGGEST THEIR COMMENTS.
  56. May 13, 2012
    An awesome game an epic game on Xbox live zombies. You need to get this game. If you think this is awesome like me you will probably want to get Black Ops 2.
  57. May 6, 2012
    Black Ops, in fact, Treyarch makes the best games with Call of Duty (Modern Warfare 1 being the only exception) and I loved the storyline and place it #1 storyline in CoD history. The multiplayer is a little below par, but I got over it quickly and had a fun time. Black Ops II is going to be great, unlike Modern Warfare 3 crap.
  58. Apr 22, 2012
    Another example of Activision releasing the same game year after year to please a crowd of screaming 13 year old fanatics. Graphics are okay, and are nothing to write home about. The story is your standard CoD, and in other words, plays exactly the same as other titles in the series. When telling a friend of mine, I hated Call of Duty, he said "Then how come it is so popular?". CoD is only popular to 13 year olds, and in the mature gaming community, is regarded an average piece of crap. Play a decent shooter, like Bioshock or something else that is actually good. Expand
  59. Mar 28, 2012
    This the COD that shines out through the **** that is modern warfare. MW1 was definitely good, WAW really good (only because of nazi zombies, thanks treyarch :), MW2 was pretty good, but still pretty similar to MW1, MW3.......oh boy, MW3 is so damn generic/stereotypical of a COD that you're basically re-buying MW1 and MW2, the campaign sucked especially. But Black Ops is awesome, you have to be pretty stupid to think MW3 is any where near as good as Black Ops, because the new zombie mode ALONE is better than MW3. Overall, BUY IT. Expand
  60. Mar 10, 2012
    just how bad can you make a game people?Honestly the worst experience i ever had with a modern shooter,the multiplayer was a total clusterfu**,every bloody server filled with little try hards camping in the corners but i dont blame them because the game was built for them,perfectly crap over powered weapons.No balance between any of the guns.Spawn rape totally enabled,over powered killstreaks and finally a piece of shi* campaign with no good story to it. Expand
  61. Mar 1, 2012
    why so many people think it is bad,maybe ping is too high,but it is a fair game,almost no bug ,not like mw3,mw3 is completely a rubbish,bo is much better ,not likie mw,it is the call of bug,iw "s death
  62. Feb 23, 2012
    whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  63. Feb 19, 2012
    There is no way for me, to play the bought DLCs. The maps are no longer played at the servers. An the german version ist only german with bad sync.
  64. Feb 11, 2012
    Just terrible. Wish I would have read these reviews before I purchased it. IGN gave it a 8.5! WTF. Ok I know I bought this very late. The only reason I bought this was because of the Training Combat mode. I just played Battlefield 3 (which is great in terms of graphics and online play) I also like the "feel" of BF3, they way the weapons respond, the recoil, feels real. Cod:BO on the other hand feels cheap. Really cheap. My graphics card is not even breaking a sweat. Looks like a game from 2003. The thing is I was really disappointed that BF3 didn't have a single player mode with bots like 1942 and BF2. The truth is I'm no good online. I get my ass kicked and cant really enjoy the game. I've been playing BF2/Allied Intent for years and I love that I can play the game with bots. Much more fun for me since I can take my time, explore the maps, set the difficulty. I'm so disappointed that DICE decide to forgo the bot mode in BF3 for a campaign I finished in 6 hours. Anyway, I totally wasted $39.99 on this game. The Combat Training mode is horrible as well. Very small maps compared to the BF series and not as many weapons. This game should be $19.99 (or less). You can buy Bad Company 2 for $19.99 and the game is far superior. Don't waste your money on this. I'll never play a CoD game again. Expand
  65. Jan 25, 2012
    It is interesting how one product can change your view on another. When this game was first released, it was riddled with bugs and playability issues. The developer has quite successfully fixed them and it is a good looking solid FPS. It is funny that it took the absolutely abysmal release of MW3 to show me just how good Black Ops truly is. A game that was released in 2009 has better graphics, better playability, better maps, and a better single player PLUS ZOMBIES! It was a toss up between this title, World at War, and COD: 4 as to which was my favorite. I think that World at War is in a class of its own, so between COD: 4 and Black Ops, I have to say that Black Ops is by far the best product that Activision has released under the Call of Duty name. Expand
  66. Jan 23, 2012
    It'll make you feel like a real soldier spamming grenades, noobtubing and knifing everyone in your way. (Note: I don't use GL so yes, i hate noobtubers)

Jokes aside, Despite the bugs and glitches here and there, this is one of the best COD MP you'll ever experience.
    As for the SP, it's very entertaining in some moments but it feels like a rail-shooter.
    They could have worked a little bit
    more on the storyline.
    As for the graphics, even if the engine is many years old, i love it.

I never thought Treyarch would make a COD better than Modern Warfare Franchise, but they proved me wrong and really kicked some butts with this game.
  67. Jan 23, 2012
    Having played all the Call of Duty series since their first release in 2003, right upto all versions of Black Ops, I cant say anything but that this was a huge disappointment. I did wait for a few months after its release to let the bugs surface and a few patches released. Id hate to see how it performed without all the patching, because even with the patches, its performance and environmental quality are mediocre at best. I couldnt help but feel like I was playing Medal of Honor combined with Soldier of Fortune II- not something I expect when playing an Activision COD product. All the gameplay modes are there for Solo, Multiplayer and a Zombie mode, but each one of them are about as appealing as going to the dentist. I can not recommend this game as a purchase to anyone. Expand
  68. Jan 7, 2012
    For a game so long awaited, It just **** sucks. I cant play it Its clunky mean and horrid. Maps, long, boring, and confusing. Campaign is just a insult to the game itself. Zombies mode, **** hell does it suck. All im trying to say is do not but this game! It boring real fast and just sucks. Lets get real hardcore fans, it sucks.
  69. Jan 4, 2012
    I was extremely dissapointed with Treyarch's work, coming from a huge cod fan I was so sad when this game was unplayable the first 2 weeks because of lagg and freeze, and when they finally got rid of it, the game wasnt even that good, I didnt spent long time on this game before i returned to MW2. Multiplayer is complelety broken, Singleplayer was boring and slow bad story telling, Zombies however was kinda fun but it wasnt better than Spec Ops in MW2. Expand
  70. Dec 27, 2011
    I grew up on MoH;AA and MoH:Spearhead. I tried COD mw1 just before COD:BO came out on steam for PC. COD:M1 was just chaos, but had good layout custimization. I now have 951 hours in the COD:BO multiplayer, and typically just stick to CTF hardcore matches. I never really got into the SP side of COD, or in any multiplayer FPS game for that matter.

Seeing 4.3 for this game as a user score is
    a joke, to say the least. I play my fair share of video games on PC of all types... and don't really care about who made this game. The game is very enjoyable if you are looking for an online FPS multiplayer that you can really spend some time in. The lag is about 10% of the lag you'll experience on BF3 or MW3 (stay in your country and you will not notice any - ever (on a decent/good PC).

I'd recommend this game to anyone who is looking.
  71. Dec 23, 2011
    The single player was OK, but I liked the multiplayer. I do not however like the constant maps that we have to buy....remember when we got that stuff for free?
  72. Dec 21, 2011
    Black Ops is nowhere near the superb Call of Duty 4, but is still slightly better than Modern Warfare 2. The main reason is that PC players atleast got a server browser. The singleplayer campaign was interesting, but not as good as the modern warfare counterpart.
  73. Dec 21, 2011
    I'm giving this game a undeserving 10, as I'm back on Black Ops versus the mw3 which I gave a zero score. THIS is the difference in gameplay for me and even after all the months of patches to finally get the game to work properly on MP. This will for me, remain the best shooter game up to date as most of us are only interested in seamless multi palyer gaming. Who really cares about single player? Like I said a lot of us waited months after purchase to even be remotely able to play, but as it stands today, (including the misconception of development staff as to requirements for this game) it is a great multi player game. They might have found a winning formula here and I do hope the dedicated servers stay around for good.
    The only unacceptable issue I have with Back Ops is the steam cloud they use which in turn use VAC as their hacker police, and we all know that VAC is BEYOND useless. VAC can't catch the a$$ end of a joke if you pointed it out to them, let alone hackers. This means the Black Ops MP will ALWAYS have hackers on. Since they now mainly use enemy position hacks, and VAC is still looking blindly at wall hacks, it means: chances are your lovely game will regularly be spoiled by players blatantly using these hacks on a daily basis and nothing is done to this.(probably a "we dont care as we already have your money" attitude.
    While the prestige really matters among players, it only becomes bragging rights at Prest 15, and the gold guns look really good, compared to other games. What makes it even more impressive is the different attachments in the same classes which if they expand in later releases will definitely win my max rating vote.
    On second thought, I'm stripping that 10 rating to 8, simply thanks to the hacking which I mentioned earlier. Thank you USELESS VAC.
  74. Dec 13, 2011
    Not a bad game. Don't care for the limited dedi servers, but hey at least they are there and ranked. The game play in MP is fun. Graphics are old. Let's get real here folks...The CoD as we know it is gone. Play MW3 and this game shines all the more...
  75. Nov 24, 2011
    Black ops had it's flaws at launch (pc performance and 5 second pauses).
    I decided to wait and went back to MW2 until these problems were sorted.
    I came back to Black ops finding a very smooth and enjoyable experience, the main issue with lag is users having low powered cpu's as this game taxes the cpu more than your graphics card.
    I ranked all the way up to 15th prestige and can now
    say that this game is definitly worthy of a blast through.
    It's multiplayer is it's best part for sure as i tend to go straight for multiplayer on these type of games soley.
    I am giving this game an 8 out of 10 due to it's bad start but now without bugs it is a great game for multiplayer gamers.
  76. Nov 20, 2011
    Nuketown.

probably just the BEST FPS MAP EVAR.

After Treyarch fixed the connection issues, Black Ops turned out to be quite a good game.
    The IW 3.0 engine is in my opinion also still the best COD engine (same as MW1)
  77. Nov 20, 2011
    When I saw the first trailer I thought, "Oh snap, these graphics are worse than MW2!", and they are. There is no reason for a new game in a series to have worse graphics than the one before (Crysis 2). On the upside, there are actually dedicated servers, unlike MW2's crap IWNet. The downside of the servers are the inability to have 18 players on a ranked server. Overall it's a mediocre game.
  78. Nov 15, 2011
    its cod i dont know why i brought it i knew what i was getting my self into ..
    sp is the more annoying the mw2 they take the control form you so much and cut scene after cut scene 1 lvl loads up you move like 10 ft o sorry your going to have to watch this now .. ai is not there but that's the sp you want this for mp right .. soooo 18 players thats more then the consoles but we get
    the same amout of spawns then you goto play with the cod players last stand noob tubes its just not fun .. Dont just think ooo you just suck because i can still get top places on the bored but who cant its cod ..
    grfxs looks worse then mw2 which is hard to do soo good job ?? performance when it came out was terrible .. you need a quad core for this i was fine but my buddy brought a game he could not play at a decent fps
  79. Nov 15, 2011
    This was the worst Call of Duty game for me and no, I am not talking stats wise. I experienced a lot of different gamecrashes, even tho my i3-540 should run the game flawless. Gamebalance wise, the game had a few OP guns that really annoyed me, this includes the FAMAS and the AK-74u, which I found to be noobguns. Also 3arc didn't dedicate themselves enough to the PC community.
  80. Nov 14, 2011
    I have been playing this game for a good year now ,While playing 1 player which was ok but very forgetable, i stuck with online multiplayer , I can safely say this is where my good money was spent , ffa on nuke town , Ive got my moneys worth here alone :) Excellent map !!
    The hit detection can sometimes be a bit ropey but you get your good and bad games where pings go up and down .
    I
    still play it now , but it seems if most are the players are deserting black ops , which is a shame .
    Anywaysa good game while it lasted .8/10
    The game loses a few points because theres not much new here from previous cod,s + hit detection sometimes lets the game down online.
  81. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is by far the worst game in the series. Right out of the box it started showing bad signs. I had the disc but had to download it from steam anyway. The game was stuttering a lot even on lowest quality, even though the specs of my pc were quite a bit higher than the minimum specs. Also the graphics were really cartoon-ish. The multiplayer game play was not fun at all. It was really based around killstreaks killing for you. It was also stimulating campy game play. To be honest, a disgrace to the CoD series. Expand
  82. Nov 13, 2011
    Console players play games that are barely fit for babbies. I can't believe this game sells at all, a useless waste of money. Not to mention the seriously flawed coding and patheticly hitboxy gameplay. Aim is not an issue in this game, just spray and launch explosions. Herp Derp.
  83. Nov 12, 2011
    Not as succesful as MW 2 but I prefer it. Good story, good gameplay, good graphics; a good game.
  84. Nov 11, 2011
    Not sure why the score for this is so low. I'm guessing because many of these reviews were done when the game was launched, which I heard was unplayable then. Luckily, I played this game after everything was sorted out, so I have no major issues with bugs/glitches. This version of CoD is much, MUCH better than MW3 on PC. Ranked dedicated servers? Check. Adjustable FOV? Check. Dev console? Check! Now I know the engine on this game is a bit dated, but it works well and the game plays very smoothly. Maybe it's just massive lag from P2P garbage, but MW3 is not nearly as smooth or polished-feeling as BO is. The maps are on BO are a good size, and have a good balance of CQB and more open areas. MW3's maps just feel so claustrophobic in comparison. The unlock system is, in my opinion, much better than MW3 (which is also very similar to BF3). Acquiring currency and buying the weapons/equip./killstreaks that you actually want is much better. Not only do you get the gear you want quicker, it's more satisfying to "buy" something you want than just to "unlock" it. The SP campaign is pretty good, and is up there with MW2's campaign, which I really enjoyed. Although there are PC specific options in the game (ded. servers, fov, etc.), it's still an obvious console port. Also, because it is a dx9 game, it has much worse performance in Vista/7 than in XP - you can find many threads on this. Overall though, I really enjoyed BO, and with MW3 being an epic fail, I will probably play BO for much longer. Expand
  85. Nov 11, 2011
    Being a huge MW2 fan, I wanted to love Black Ops. Sadly, for PC the game is a technical failure. The engine runs very poorly and even though claims to run at 90 FPS, is choppy and stutters. Aside from the fact that it took months for the developer to patch the game to a playability state, the gameplay is just not as polished as MW2. I enjoyed the SP campaign for what it was, although there were several totally obnoxious parts where the game didn't indicate what you should do (stupid barrel section!). Overall, the game just failed technically, so it gets a 5 since it was playable, but not very good. Expand
  86. Nov 9, 2011
    Black Ops is easily the best CoD game to date - I really do not see why people are hating on it. Treyarch have outdone themselves with this one. They have proved to be better than Infinity Ward at making PC ports. It has all PC features you would expect such as a FoV slider, Lean, Dedicated servers, and the developer console. All the control options are how they should be too - no lack of key bindings or anything like that (unlike BF3) Black Ops has a great Single Player storyline too, and actually has decent graphics. They aren't Crysis 2 level, but for a CoD game they are really nice. It even has the dismemberment system back from World at War so you can watch in pleasure as you blow off peoples limbs. The gameplay is also more varied and overall better than previous CoD's. MP is what you would expect from a CoD game - fast and furious, except Treyarch have revamped it and added in a ton of customisation and new gamemodes. They also revamped the levelling system, and have added in some other things like "Contracts", which is a pretty neat addition. Did I mention the new main menu for Black Ops, is awesome! The multi player maps are also interesting because there are things to interact with now. Example, you can close a big blast door on someone and squash them. The sound and music is also very good - weapon sounds are loud and pack a punch, and the music is fitting. Animations are slick too. The best part of Black Ops (for me anyway) is the extra Zombie gametype they give you. Any WaW player will appreciate this, and this time they have actually expanded on the Zombiemodes gameplay and story - so it's essentially a game in a game now, which is pretty awesome. The only bad points of Black Ops are the performance bugs some people get, and the multi player spawn points can be a bit awkward. (It will sometimes spawn people behind you after you killed) Regarding performance, I'm one of the lucky people, and it seems to run fine on my system - but many of my friends are struggling to get the game to play properly. Also the gameplay is similar to other CoD's, so it can get a bit repetitive. Oh, and the DLC prices are also a bit stupid. Although, in my opinion though, if your a Nazi Zombie fan , the Zombie maps ALONE in the DLC make it worth it. They put so much work into the maps, and are always adding new things. Overall, great CoD game. Don't listen to the hate. This game is better than the MW series, and Treyarch have proven themselves to be better than Infinity Ward. Sure it has a couple of flaws, but no game is perfect! Expand
  87. Nov 9, 2011
    User Interface 8/10
    Sounds 7/10
    Music 5/10
  88. Nov 8, 2011
    Call me crazy, but I've been a fan of Treyarch's additions to the Call of Duty series, and this is no exception. An interesting Single Player storyline that is reasonably long (compared to Modern Warfare 2) was refreshing to play, and the graphics are astounding. The Multiplayer was short-lived, for me, as the maps grew old quickly and prestige got annoying. The Zombie mode is what keeps me coming back to this game time and time again, with some excellent novel ideas brought in to mix it up. Great DLCs were brought out too, which I think justifies me spending almost £100 in total on this title. Expand
  89. Nov 8, 2011
    Well, uh, I had the privilege from good old steam to play "Call of Duty: Black Ops" multiplayer until to Saturday of that week. So I gave it a try, and it wasn't so bad after all. The sound designs are impressive as well as the currency system, which makes you more immersive to the game. Sure, the graphics are kinda outdated but think about COD:WAW and compare this to it. Feels better, doesn't it? Overall very well made, enjoyable, and addictive. Just find some healthy servers and this game will be the masterpiece of your life. Expand
  90. Nov 8, 2011
    Halllejuah Halllllejuah hallejeuh hallejuah halllehuah laaa laaaaa. this game is amazing! everyone willll love it! let me telll ya my peeeeps. i play it allll dayyyyy long. WORD. peace
  91. Nov 1, 2011
    Ok first off i am not going to rate this game for MP but i will say it worked fine for me. I have no other C.O.D. title to compare to or go by as this is probably the only one i will ever purchase partially due to the fact they hardly ever have sales for it and since they have so many titles i just don't see the point. there are so so many other games out there to play. That being said, i really like Black ops one of the best newer Fps i've played but its on the lower rung. too long of cut scenes in single player and the story was ok with fairly smooth gameplay. it's a decent shooter but i believe if youve seen one C.O.D. youve seen them all. I found the Multiplayer to be quite enjoyable though i have to say they fell way short of BBC2 witch completely rocks C.O.D.s' socks off sorry i just had to say that lol.. this is a good game imo but not worth the price. Also i almost forgot to mention the main reason i chose this C.O.D. title was for the fact it seems it has the most to offer out of all of them. The arcade mini top-down zombie game is awesome and the fact they brought the zombie mp mode back is worth mentioning and fun as well Expand
  92. Oct 26, 2011
    On the MP side of things, BO definitely an improvement on the disaster of a game that MW2 was, unfortunately it's still not quite the game MW1 was (and still is). The maps have been expanded a decent bit, there are very cool customization options that help you give a personal touch to virtually every bit of gear right down to the totally unimportant player cards. Graphics are really good but only due to the excellent art design, if you start looking you will find signs of serious graphical fidelity the engine has experienced over the years. Sounds are also a definite improvement over previous cods as well as animation, all together these help to make the campaign quite memorable, no matter how confusing it gets at times. One downside of the multiple characters thing is that you don't leave hating the antagonists enough, otherwise as a whole it is quite varied and fast paced with some welcomed breaks in between stages. Camp-fests are virtually none-existent now and the killstreak rewards aren't particularly overused and OP either, leaving much of the fighting in infantry CQC form. Unfortunately Treyarch has yet to nerf the two most OP guns in the game (roughly a year after release o.O), which has put me off for a bit due to recent overuse by the community. The MP as a whole I prefer outright over MW2, and it's minor issues are overshadowed by this fact. Expand
  93. Oct 25, 2011
    Oh you KNOW the **** drill about Post-MW games. The multiplayer is basically the same stuff as MW2, only with a WIKKID AWSOM new currency system. The only fun part about this is is the zombies, which is still rehashed from WaW. Zombies is the only thing saving this game from a zero.
  94. Oct 8, 2011
    This games gets an 81? I don't want to live on this planet anymore. No seriously, this game is horrid, why this was made i have no idea. It is boring, kids scream crap over the microphone making your ears hurt and it is overall just a generic "LOL LETS SHOOT PEOPLE" game.
  95. Oct 2, 2011
    Terribly bad PC performance, campers, graphics à la Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. A rehashed version of earlier Call of Duty games. The Call of Duty franchise died for me with this one. There's a ton of better games on the market such as the Battlefield series. You've been warned.
  96. Sep 30, 2011
    It's really really bad, i didnt like the singleplayer because its so annoying... its another fps tunnel where you can mostly view videos and scripted things you cannot skip at all. Also the teammates in sp are blocking you all the game, enemy AI is just stupid etc. Multiplayer is just not skilled, really buggy and dlc prices are not worth them at all. Nobody plays dlc's and its really hard to find servers without stupid rules. Its a completly FAIL game. TREYARCH AND BLACK OPS KILLED COD SAGA Expand
  97. Sep 9, 2011
    This is the epitome of why consoles are destroying the games of today. I started playing this a few months ago and stopped after the first level, I was that bored. Run, shoot, boring cinematic, run, shot, boring cinematic... there's not grit to the game. I started playing again today and again I'm so bored I'd rather not play. Battlefield II is better than this, 10x better. Man, they'd better bring something to the game with MW3 or they're going to lose a lot us us as fans. BAD BAD PORT. ANY PORT FROM CONSOLE SUCKS. Expand
  98. Sep 6, 2011
    the multiplayer is fair and and has less tuber and noob weapon like g18 in call of duty 6,the game is much better but the ping is really bad,why these guys give it such a low score?like tuber?if that is ture these guys are sick.the single player is not very good ,not the real thing ,but still i like it ,i think if we dont mind the ping,cod7 is the best cod multiplayer game,call of duty 6 is good but has too many unblanced weapon Expand
  99. Sep 5, 2011
    The COD series used to stand for quality shooters, but everything after "World at War" has proven the series has lost its soul to the fat cats trying to please sad little console ****
  100. Sep 4, 2011
    the game was an epic disappointment. another desperate grab for money during a recession, the only reason it worked was because the prior titles in the series were good. very few features of the game came even close to setting it apart from the innundated market of FPS games, the only feature making people buy it being the fact that it had the title 'call of duty' on it, there is a reason people still play world at war and modern warfare 2 instead, and it isnt because they were all that great either, its because the graphics and gameplay of black ops sucked. i would probrably rank black ops to be middle of the line compared to games of the 2006-2007 era, definitely not worth half of the $60 that they are still charging for it almost a year after its release. i give it a 2, and thats just because i feel like being generous Expand

1. Jan 29, 2011
    Its duffer solo moments are masked by imaginative and visual whizz-band-fizz. [Jan 2011, p.100]
  2. Jan 26, 2011
    This score will likely come as a shock to many, but this game suffers from pathetic frame rates at times, both on console and on PC.
  3. Jan 12, 2011
    Black Ops is one of the best first person shooters this year, and is a obviously must have for any action fan. Intense, gory and quite brilliant, maybe it's not refreshing but at the same time its a stunning game.