5.3

1. Jul 13, 2017
    Według mnie ,,Call of Duty Black Ops" posiada jedną z najlepszych historii (nawet lepszą od tej z MW) w historii serii. Żadna kolejna czy poprzednia część nie przyniosła mi tyle frajdy z odkrywania fabuły gry. Po prostu, jeśli ktoś uważa że najlepszą kampania jest ta z Modern Warfare (a przypadkiem nie grał w BO) to powinien. Multiplayer daje sporo przyjemności ze strzelania i jest naWedług mnie ,,Call of Duty Black Ops" posiada jedną z najlepszych historii (nawet lepszą od tej z MW) w historii serii. Żadna kolejna czy poprzednia część nie przyniosła mi tyle frajdy z odkrywania fabuły gry. Po prostu, jeśli ktoś uważa że najlepszą kampania jest ta z Modern Warfare (a przypadkiem nie grał w BO) to powinien. Multiplayer daje sporo przyjemności ze strzelania i jest na prawdę wciągający. Kontynuacja trybu Zombie z World at War jest jeszcze lepsza niż w tam tej części. Mam nadzieję, że tak w skrócie udało mi się przedstawić tego COD'a. Jest on wart zakupu, cena też nie powinna nikogo odstraszyć, ponieważ cena (np. w Empiku) wynosi ok. 30 zł na PC, a na konsole cena jest niewiele wyższa. WARTO!!!!! Expand
  2. Feb 16, 2017
    Black Ops has one of the most satisfying Call of Duty campaigns. It is definitely a short one; however, it is action packed from the start to last minute and has a compelling story line.

Pros: + Feels like one of Michael Bay's great movies. + Action non stop, even the stealth segment have serious action. + Compelling story with nice twists. + Loved the different protagonists. + I

Pros:
    + Feels like one of Michael Bay's great movies.
    + Action non stop, even the stealth segment have serious action.
    + Compelling story with nice twists.
    + Loved the different protagonists.
    + I enjoyed the variety of the situations.
    + Viktor Reznov!!

Cons:
    - It is an old school Call of Duty gameplay wise (linear as any CoD, no character progression, waves and waves of enemies, no weapon enhancements...)
    - Short, but then again the 6-8 hours campaign is really satisfying.
    - NEED BOSS FIGHTS!!

Verdict: A
  3. May 9, 2016
    In my opinion the best narrative ever put in a Call of Duty ever,seriously this story is amazing and the campaign is a joy to play.
    The multiplayer is good as well i prefer the multiplayer on the battlefield series but this one from COD is good to.
    Overall a solid Call of Duty game with a nice port
  4. Apr 25, 2016
    Very good game because this game story is very beautiful. And characters good. Mason, Rez-nov, Woods... World War II, Cold War, Vietnam etc. In my opinion good game.
  5. Apr 16, 2016
    Este juego para mi es uno de mis COD favoritos pera esta muy mal renderizado en PC, pero eso no lo hace in-jugable se juega bastante bien y el online es algo estable. En definitiva ¿vale la pena? Si pero solo si te gusta mucho zombies.
  6. Nov 28, 2015
    Best COD of all time. Great story, BEST ZOMBIES MAPS AND GAMEPLAY - ON POINT SON, and fun multiplayer as usual. I can't say i love the graphics, they're a bit odd looking, but you will get used to them and they won't distract you from the game. I used to play this game for hours and hours. If you like the COD series, this is a must.
  7. Sep 10, 2015
    Treyarch can pat themselves on their backs for creating such an amazing game. With their pass game history of mediocre games.Pathetic example of a over hyped game. Its very obvious the developer did not beta test this game.
  8. Nov 24, 2014
    Now that the game Call of Duty. The story really is WOW, and just draws you in true sense. In my opinion worth playing. It really is very FUN. I recommend.
  9. Oct 23, 2014
    I have to give Call of Duty Black Ops a positive review as it is one of the most memorable and best games available to console in the Call of Duty's Series. This game has provided hours and hours of fun for me and my freinds as it has awesome multiplayer gameplay, fast action on Nuketown and Fireing range, and overall a good killstreak system. I loved the various weapons in which wereI have to give Call of Duty Black Ops a positive review as it is one of the most memorable and best games available to console in the Call of Duty's Series. This game has provided hours and hours of fun for me and my freinds as it has awesome multiplayer gameplay, fast action on Nuketown and Fireing range, and overall a good killstreak system. I loved the various weapons in which were available to you and how the interface worked in order to select primary, secondary, lethal, tactical, perks etc. This Game is a big success in the COD series and honestly implemented a completely different feel to Multiplayer and Single player gameplay, the Zombies is also great and i love the Resurrection DLC in which adds the old World at War zombies maps such as Deir Rise and Shino Numa, as well as moon in which gives a different take on Zombies. Good work Treyach and Activision on this release as it is a game in which can be played and played over and over and give the user an overall wonderful exsperiance in which a FPS should have Expand
  10. Apr 7, 2014
    My brother bought black ops from games stop . i thought it sucked because the zombies and the background suck it did and fyi the zombies sucked too . but i was wrong the story was epic and the game rocks . grade A+
  11. Mar 27, 2014
    Je ne comprends pourquoi ce jeu est si mal noté. Je suis d'accord que la campagne n'est pas fameuse mais le mode zombie reste quand énorme ! Essayer de survivre avec des amis à des hordes de zombies c'est quand même extra, et même n'ayant pas les DLC y'a de quoi s'occuper. De ce qui est du multi, certains modes ne sont pas vraiment excitant, mais il en reste un qui vaut vraiment le coupJe ne comprends pourquoi ce jeu est si mal noté. Je suis d'accord que la campagne n'est pas fameuse mais le mode zombie reste quand énorme ! Essayer de survivre avec des amis à des hordes de zombies c'est quand même extra, et même n'ayant pas les DLC y'a de quoi s'occuper. De ce qui est du multi, certains modes ne sont pas vraiment excitant, mais il en reste un qui vaut vraiment le coup d'essayer c'est la R&D. Il faut vraiment survivre et avoir de bon reflex si on ne veut pas mourir dans les vingts premières secondes et devoir attendre la prochaine manche.
    N'essayons pas de voir que les mauvais côté du jeu, il reste encore de l'espoir.
  12. Mar 9, 2014
    Black Ops contains many things enough to have a good time. A good campaign. A great multiplayer. And a maniac addictive zombies mode. I don't want to go to work today. Let's play zombies.
  13. Jul 8, 2013
    One of the best Call of Duty games made, for once in a while it was something new, often people overlooked it due to the storyline anc campaign not being brilliant but lets be honest, which call of duty campaign is actually "Brilliant" this game has an intense multiplayer experience, servers are good and guns are balanced and the people who play it tend to play with decent weapons (apartOne of the best Call of Duty games made, for once in a while it was something new, often people overlooked it due to the storyline anc campaign not being brilliant but lets be honest, which call of duty campaign is actually "Brilliant" this game has an intense multiplayer experience, servers are good and guns are balanced and the people who play it tend to play with decent weapons (apart from the few noob toobers and the occasional AK74u rapid fire) the best Assault Rifle in the game is either the M16 or the AK47, for once they got it right, it is the perfect original AK47 that people know and love complete, with wooden stock and undercarriage. I Rate this Game an 8/10 due to the bad sniping and below average campaign. Expand
  14. Jul 5, 2013
    Call of Duty became recently such product which let out every year and it brings in to founders the stable income. Unfortunately, almost all parts left after the first Modern Warfare didn't possess anything, except a usual redoing of old ideas and their delivery for new, even a cursor never changed, and this CoD too works at an old cursor. I everything say it to that no hope that thisCall of Duty became recently such product which let out every year and it brings in to founders the stable income. Unfortunately, almost all parts left after the first Modern Warfare didn't possess anything, except a usual redoing of old ideas and their delivery for new, even a cursor never changed, and this CoD too works at an old cursor. I everything say it to that no hope that this project becomes something being remembered or interesting existed, besides Modern Warfare 3 which have left before it was deification of nonsense of founders of game and as perfectly I showed crisis of ideas which began even earlier, but is most of all noticeable in that ill-fated part. After I passed couple of missions I understood that it something new and founders actually became reasonable and do excellent game, I only hoped that further game won't go on nakatanny down, and will be at the level of the first missions. I was mistaken as further BO 2 me I disappointed. Expand
  15. Feb 23, 2013
    What the F*&K is wrong with the haters, this is by far the best call of duty, for me: GOTY 2010, even better than HALO Reach.
  16. Dec 5, 2012
    OMG, m shockd 2 see such negative reviews frm d users....my score is based on single player only and i believe its one of the best fps i have ever played....people complain about lag??? well, i have d updates installed and didn find muh lag and its completely playable....in short, its d best COD fr me yet , nt evn MW3 or Black Ops 2 i found worth competitive....i luvd d gameplay as well asOMG, m shockd 2 see such negative reviews frm d users....my score is based on single player only and i believe its one of the best fps i have ever played....people complain about lag??? well, i have d updates installed and didn find muh lag and its completely playable....in short, its d best COD fr me yet , nt evn MW3 or Black Ops 2 i found worth competitive....i luvd d gameplay as well as the graphics....its much better thn MW3. atleast players wid low PC Specs can play it easily and enjoy....if u r a fps fan, this is one must game tht u shud play... :) Expand
  17. Dec 1, 2012
    lets call this game not the best of the series this game is fine but it not the best game in the frenchise if you are a cod and you want to buy a cod game i will tell you to buy black ops 2 not 1 if you want an awsome game expirence
  18. Nov 13, 2012
    Didn't expect that ending! I've never played Call of duty for the story, but I actually liked this one. Really enjoy playing this game.
    To bad for the obvious trolls who try to lower this game good ranking.
  19. Nov 13, 2012
    The best Call of duty since Call of duty 4: Modern Warfare.
    Cool weapons, great multiplayer maps. The solo campaign is ok, but as usual now, it's the competitive multiplayer that takes this game to a new level.
  20. Oct 2, 2012
    Ok, its a cod game so that explains the very low reviews its very easy for someone mad in multiplayer to give it a 0. But this game is very far from a zero.It has its problems, like every cod, but it is 10 times better than the modern warfares. The campaign is absolutly amazing,it seems to skip around a bit, but OH MY GOD THE END OF THE GAME WAS EPIC.I wont spoil it, as it is one of theOk, its a cod game so that explains the very low reviews its very easy for someone mad in multiplayer to give it a 0. But this game is very far from a zero.It has its problems, like every cod, but it is 10 times better than the modern warfares. The campaign is absolutly amazing,it seems to skip around a bit, but OH MY GOD THE END OF THE GAME WAS EPIC.I wont spoil it, as it is one of the best stories i have ever seen, but i can tell you it is amazing. The game made me so curious, and a few wikipedia pages on cold war rescearch later, my mind was blown.Its like the movie "Inseption", i had to think about it alot and its amazing. Ok, cod players don't have much brain power in general so a epic story that is mind blowing wont appeal to them, witch might explain some of the hate. The other hate comes from bugs and such. Most bugs have been fixed. And cod players are probablly like "wtf this game is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gay" really its not at all. The multiplayer is much better than any pervious cod but sucking and getting killed all the time makes people write bad reviews. Honestly this game is worth buying, even just for the story witch is amazing. Expand
  21. Sep 5, 2012
    Having spent 400+ hours in this game and loving every one of those hours I honestly can't help giving it a 10 (for multiplayer).

SP score of 0 though, boring on rails story with zero attractiveness imho.
    Zombie mode gets a 2 for effort but I don't really like it, the whole thing feels like you need an IQ bellow 80 to enjoy...
  22. Aug 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This review is for the single game-play only as my multi-player skills leave much to be desired. The first thing you notice is those annoying numbers and their meaning. If I understood the premise of the numbers they are locations in the US for sleeper cells, however to Mason they have a more sinister meaning as it is implied that he was involved in the Kennedy shooting. All the missions are told in flashbacks and the game starts at the Bay of Pigs and goes on from there where you will do everything from black covert ops to recon. The mechanics of the game are the usual fare for COD game, however the controls, for some reason feel tighter in the XB360 edition as the PS3 felt kinda mushy to me. The gameplay is solid and the aim-assist can help you, or hinder you depending on the way you loo at it. For the most part the graphic are good except for one or two missions which look like the first gen XBOX, but other than that it is pretty good. As far as the story and game-play, I enjoyed it and it can take anywhere from 6-18 hours depending on how good or how much you play. Expand
  23. Aug 13, 2012
    Black Ops haves an addictive multiplayer, and a memorable story mode. Zombies is a blast fun that you will have, but the problem are the glitches and some complicated controls. But, impressive is that the PC version haves great graphics. Overall, the game is worth buying, and, for sure, I recommend for everyone, especially for the fast paced gamers. 80 out of 100.
  24. Aug 7, 2012
    Fantastic! Multiplayer is very good, the only problem is the new maps are really bad!

ZOMBIES: Easter Eggs, 8 perks, hacker, fantastic story, Pack-a-Punching (Upgrading weapons), C'mon, even zombie video games intended for ONLY zombies don't have half as much entertainment as Black Ops Zombies... Moon... thats all I have to say, I learn more and more about that level every time I

C'mon, even zombie video games intended for ONLY zombies don't have half as much entertainment as Black Ops Zombies... Moon... thats all I have to say, I learn more and more about that level every time I play it. The only zombie levels that really stink are Five and Shangri La... But that still doesn't take away the fact that Black Ops is a fantastic game.
  25. Jul 19, 2012
    A point to first be made: before buying BO I had figured that its negative feedback was made at the onset of the game's release and after filtering the reviews to show only recent reviews the game seemed to have gotten some solid reviews within the 6-10 range.

This in mind, I took a chance and bought BO during Steam's summer sale for $20 USD and after 20 hours of logged multiplayer I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I admittedly haven't played single player but even if it was just a video of 9000 hours of nyan cat or a compilation of goatse pics or QWOP I wouldn't really care since I bought the game only for what it has to offer in multiplayer. My laptop is maybe midrange (1gb nvidia 9600m GT, duo2.66GHz, 1680X945, 4GB DDR3) but the game runs flawlessly when I have throttlestop and rightmark CPU on for max performance. I, however, wouldn't be able to play if it weren't for my mega vornado fan cooling hookup.

All in all, BO is a great "twitch" shooter with glorious gfx (I only really play CS), smooth multiplayer, and well populated servers that I've noticed to maintain a clean gaming environment and have very active clans/admin presence. It's too bad this game has gotten such muddy reviews...
  26. Jul 11, 2012
    Super game, and lots of fun. I'm somewhat surprised at the ratings because I feel game has :the following strong points:
    nonstop action
    variety of weapons
    lots of different ways to fight, like tank and helo
    good explanatory notes
  27. Jun 3, 2012
    There is so much content packed into this game that I couldn't even fit all of it into my review. However, even the multiplayer alone is enough to warrant this rating.
  28. May 22, 2012
    Most of people ho think that CoD is the worst game are Bf3 fans( like BF and CoD) . DON'T SUGGEST THEIR COMMENTS.
  29. May 13, 2012
    An awesome game an epic game on Xbox live zombies. You need to get this game. If you think this is awesome like me you will probably want to get Black Ops 2.
  30. May 6, 2012
    Black Ops, in fact, Treyarch makes the best games with Call of Duty (Modern Warfare 1 being the only exception) and I loved the storyline and place it #1 storyline in CoD history. The multiplayer is a little below par, but I got over it quickly and had a fun time. Black Ops II is going to be great, unlike Modern Warfare 3 crap.
  31. Mar 28, 2012
    This the COD that shines out through the **** that is modern warfare. MW1 was definitely good, WAW really good (only because of nazi zombies, thanks treyarch :), MW2 was pretty good, but still pretty similar to MW1, MW3.......oh boy, MW3 is so damn generic/stereotypical of a COD that you're basically re-buying MW1 and MW2, the campaign sucked especially. But Black Ops is awesome, you haveThis the COD that shines out through the **** that is modern warfare. MW1 was definitely good, WAW really good (only because of nazi zombies, thanks treyarch :), MW2 was pretty good, but still pretty similar to MW1, MW3.......oh boy, MW3 is so damn generic/stereotypical of a COD that you're basically re-buying MW1 and MW2, the campaign sucked especially. But Black Ops is awesome, you have to be pretty stupid to think MW3 is any where near as good as Black Ops, because the new zombie mode ALONE is better than MW3. Overall, BUY IT. Expand
  32. Mar 1, 2012
    why so many people think it is bad,maybe ping is too high,but it is a fair game,almost no bug ,not like mw3,mw3 is completely a rubbish,bo is much better ,not likie mw,it is the call of bug,iw "s death
  33. Feb 23, 2012
    whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  34. Jan 25, 2012
    It is interesting how one product can change your view on another. When this game was first released, it was riddled with bugs and playability issues. The developer has quite successfully fixed them and it is a good looking solid FPS. It is funny that it took the absolutely abysmal release of MW3 to show me just how good Black Ops truly is. A game that was released in 2009 has betterIt is interesting how one product can change your view on another. When this game was first released, it was riddled with bugs and playability issues. The developer has quite successfully fixed them and it is a good looking solid FPS. It is funny that it took the absolutely abysmal release of MW3 to show me just how good Black Ops truly is. A game that was released in 2009 has better graphics, better playability, better maps, and a better single player PLUS ZOMBIES! It was a toss up between this title, World at War, and COD: 4 as to which was my favorite. I think that World at War is in a class of its own, so between COD: 4 and Black Ops, I have to say that Black Ops is by far the best product that Activision has released under the Call of Duty name. Expand
  35. Jan 23, 2012
    It'll make you feel like a real soldier spamming grenades, noobtubing and knifing everyone in your way. (Note: I don't use GL so yes, i hate noobtubers)

Jokes aside, Despite the bugs and glitches here and there, this is one of the best COD MP you'll ever experience. As for the SP, it's very entertaining in some moments but it feels like a rail-shooter. They could have worked a little bit

They could have worked a little bit more on the storyline.
    As for the graphics, even if the engine is many years old, i love it.

I never thought Treyarch would make a COD better than Modern Warfare Franchise, but they proved me wrong and really kicked some butts with this game.
  36. Dec 27, 2011
    I grew up on MoH;AA and MoH:Spearhead. I tried COD mw1 just before COD:BO came out on steam for PC. COD:M1 was just chaos, but had good layout custimization. I now have 951 hours in the COD:BO multiplayer, and typically just stick to CTF hardcore matches. I never really got into the SP side of COD, or in any multiplayer FPS game for that matter.

Seeing 4.3 for this game as a user score is

Seeing 4.3 for this game as a user score is a joke, to say the least. I play my fair share of video games on PC of all types... and don't really care about who made this game. The game is very enjoyable if you are looking for an online FPS multiplayer that you can really spend some time in. The lag is about 10% of the lag you'll experience on BF3 or MW3 (stay in your country and you will not notice any - ever (on a decent/good PC).

I'd recommend this game to anyone who is looking.
  37. Dec 21, 2011
    I'm giving this game a undeserving 10, as I'm back on Black Ops versus the mw3 which I gave a zero score. THIS is the difference in gameplay for me and even after all the months of patches to finally get the game to work properly on MP. This will for me, remain the best shooter game up to date as most of us are only interested in seamless multi palyer gaming. Who really cares about singleI'm giving this game a undeserving 10, as I'm back on Black Ops versus the mw3 which I gave a zero score. THIS is the difference in gameplay for me and even after all the months of patches to finally get the game to work properly on MP. This will for me, remain the best shooter game up to date as most of us are only interested in seamless multi palyer gaming. Who really cares about single player? Like I said a lot of us waited months after purchase to even be remotely able to play, but as it stands today, (including the misconception of development staff as to requirements for this game) it is a great multi player game. They might have found a winning formula here and I do hope the dedicated servers stay around for good.
    The only unacceptable issue I have with Back Ops is the steam cloud they use which in turn use VAC as their hacker police, and we all know that VAC is BEYOND useless. VAC can't catch the a$$ end of a joke if you pointed it out to them, let alone hackers. This means the Black Ops MP will ALWAYS have hackers on. Since they now mainly use enemy position hacks, and VAC is still looking blindly at wall hacks, it means: chances are your lovely game will regularly be spoiled by players blatantly using these hacks on a daily basis and nothing is done to this.(probably a "we dont care as we already have your money" attitude.
    While the prestige really matters among players, it only becomes bragging rights at Prest 15, and the gold guns look really good, compared to other games. What makes it even more impressive is the different attachments in the same classes which if they expand in later releases will definitely win my max rating vote.
    On second thought, I'm stripping that 10 rating to 8, simply thanks to the hacking which I mentioned earlier. Thank you USELESS VAC.
  38. Dec 13, 2011
    Not a bad game. Don't care for the limited dedi servers, but hey at least they are there and ranked. The game play in MP is fun. Graphics are old. Let's get real here folks...The CoD as we know it is gone. Play MW3 and this game shines all the more...
  39. Nov 24, 2011
    Black ops had it's flaws at launch (pc performance and 5 second pauses).
    I decided to wait and went back to MW2 until these problems were sorted.
    I came back to Black ops finding a very smooth and enjoyable experience, the main issue with lag is users having low powered cpu's as this game taxes the cpu more than your graphics card. I ranked all the way up to 15th prestige and can now
    Black ops had it's flaws at launch (pc performance and 5 second pauses).
    I decided to wait and went back to MW2 until these problems were sorted.
    I ranked all the way up to 15th prestige and can now say that this game is definitly worthy of a blast through.
    It's multiplayer is it's best part for sure as i tend to go straight for multiplayer on these type of games soley.
    I am giving this game an 8 out of 10 due to it's bad start but now without bugs it is a great game for multiplayer gamers.
  40. Nov 20, 2011
    Nuketown.

probably just the BEST FPS MAP EVAR.

After Treyarch fixed the connection issues, Black Ops turned out to be quite a good game.
    The IW 3.0 engine is in my opinion also still the best COD engine (same as MW1)
  41. Nov 14, 2011
    I have been playing this game for a good year now ,While playing 1 player which was ok but very forgetable, i stuck with online multiplayer , I can safely say this is where my good money was spent , ffa on nuke town , Ive got my moneys worth here alone :) Excellent map !!
    The hit detection can sometimes be a bit ropey but you get your good and bad games where pings go up and down .
    I
    I still play it now , but it seems if most are the players are deserting black ops , which is a shame .
    Anywaysa good game while it lasted .8/10
    The game loses a few points because theres not much new here from previous cod,s + hit detection sometimes lets the game down online.
  42. Nov 11, 2011
    Not sure why the score for this is so low. I'm guessing because many of these reviews were done when the game was launched, which I heard was unplayable then. Luckily, I played this game after everything was sorted out, so I have no major issues with bugs/glitches. This version of CoD is much, MUCH better than MW3 on PC. Ranked dedicated servers? Check. Adjustable FOV? Check. DevNot sure why the score for this is so low. I'm guessing because many of these reviews were done when the game was launched, which I heard was unplayable then. Luckily, I played this game after everything was sorted out, so I have no major issues with bugs/glitches. This version of CoD is much, MUCH better than MW3 on PC. Ranked dedicated servers? Check. Adjustable FOV? Check. Dev console? Check! Now I know the engine on this game is a bit dated, but it works well and the game plays very smoothly. Maybe it's just massive lag from P2P garbage, but MW3 is not nearly as smooth or polished-feeling as BO is. The maps are on BO are a good size, and have a good balance of CQB and more open areas. MW3's maps just feel so claustrophobic in comparison. The unlock system is, in my opinion, much better than MW3 (which is also very similar to BF3). Acquiring currency and buying the weapons/equip./killstreaks that you actually want is much better. Not only do you get the gear you want quicker, it's more satisfying to "buy" something you want than just to "unlock" it. The SP campaign is pretty good, and is up there with MW2's campaign, which I really enjoyed. Although there are PC specific options in the game (ded. servers, fov, etc.), it's still an obvious console port. Also, because it is a dx9 game, it has much worse performance in Vista/7 than in XP - you can find many threads on this. Overall though, I really enjoyed BO, and with MW3 being an epic fail, I will probably play BO for much longer. Expand
  43. Nov 9, 2011
    Black Ops is easily the best CoD game to date - I really do not see why people are hating on it. Treyarch have outdone themselves with this one. They have proved to be better than Infinity Ward at making PC ports. It has all PC features you would expect such as a FoV slider, Lean, Dedicated servers, and the developer console. All the control options are how they should be too - no lack ofBlack Ops is easily the best CoD game to date - I really do not see why people are hating on it. Treyarch have outdone themselves with this one. They have proved to be better than Infinity Ward at making PC ports. It has all PC features you would expect such as a FoV slider, Lean, Dedicated servers, and the developer console. All the control options are how they should be too - no lack of key bindings or anything like that (unlike BF3) Black Ops has a great Single Player storyline too, and actually has decent graphics. They aren't Crysis 2 level, but for a CoD game they are really nice. It even has the dismemberment system back from World at War so you can watch in pleasure as you blow off peoples limbs. The gameplay is also more varied and overall better than previous CoD's. MP is what you would expect from a CoD game - fast and furious, except Treyarch have revamped it and added in a ton of customisation and new gamemodes. They also revamped the levelling system, and have added in some other things like "Contracts", which is a pretty neat addition. Did I mention the new main menu for Black Ops, is awesome! The multi player maps are also interesting because there are things to interact with now. Example, you can close a big blast door on someone and squash them. The sound and music is also very good - weapon sounds are loud and pack a punch, and the music is fitting. Animations are slick too. The best part of Black Ops (for me anyway) is the extra Zombie gametype they give you. Any WaW player will appreciate this, and this time they have actually expanded on the Zombiemodes gameplay and story - so it's essentially a game in a game now, which is pretty awesome. The only bad points of Black Ops are the performance bugs some people get, and the multi player spawn points can be a bit awkward. (It will sometimes spawn people behind you after you killed) Regarding performance, I'm one of the lucky people, and it seems to run fine on my system - but many of my friends are struggling to get the game to play properly. Also the gameplay is similar to other CoD's, so it can get a bit repetitive. Oh, and the DLC prices are also a bit stupid. Although, in my opinion though, if your a Nazi Zombie fan , the Zombie maps ALONE in the DLC make it worth it. They put so much work into the maps, and are always adding new things. Overall, great CoD game. Don't listen to the hate. This game is better than the MW series, and Treyarch have proven themselves to be better than Infinity Ward. Sure it has a couple of flaws, but no game is perfect! Expand
  44. Nov 8, 2011
    Call me crazy, but I've been a fan of Treyarch's additions to the Call of Duty series, and this is no exception. An interesting Single Player storyline that is reasonably long (compared to Modern Warfare 2) was refreshing to play, and the graphics are astounding. The Multiplayer was short-lived, for me, as the maps grew old quickly and prestige got annoying. The Zombie mode is what keepsCall me crazy, but I've been a fan of Treyarch's additions to the Call of Duty series, and this is no exception. An interesting Single Player storyline that is reasonably long (compared to Modern Warfare 2) was refreshing to play, and the graphics are astounding. The Multiplayer was short-lived, for me, as the maps grew old quickly and prestige got annoying. The Zombie mode is what keeps me coming back to this game time and time again, with some excellent novel ideas brought in to mix it up. Great DLCs were brought out too, which I think justifies me spending almost £100 in total on this title. Expand
  45. Nov 8, 2011
    Well, uh, I had the privilege from good old steam to play "Call of Duty: Black Ops" multiplayer until to Saturday of that week. So I gave it a try, and it wasn't so bad after all. The sound designs are impressive as well as the currency system, which makes you more immersive to the game. Sure, the graphics are kinda outdated but think about COD:WAW and compare this to it. Feels better,Well, uh, I had the privilege from good old steam to play "Call of Duty: Black Ops" multiplayer until to Saturday of that week. So I gave it a try, and it wasn't so bad after all. The sound designs are impressive as well as the currency system, which makes you more immersive to the game. Sure, the graphics are kinda outdated but think about COD:WAW and compare this to it. Feels better, doesn't it? Overall very well made, enjoyable, and addictive. Just find some healthy servers and this game will be the masterpiece of your life. Expand
  46. Oct 26, 2011
    On the MP side of things, BO definitely an improvement on the disaster of a game that MW2 was, unfortunately it's still not quite the game MW1 was (and still is). The maps have been expanded a decent bit, there are very cool customization options that help you give a personal touch to virtually every bit of gear right down to the totally unimportant player cards. Graphics are really goodOn the MP side of things, BO definitely an improvement on the disaster of a game that MW2 was, unfortunately it's still not quite the game MW1 was (and still is). The maps have been expanded a decent bit, there are very cool customization options that help you give a personal touch to virtually every bit of gear right down to the totally unimportant player cards. Graphics are really good but only due to the excellent art design, if you start looking you will find signs of serious graphical fidelity the engine has experienced over the years. Sounds are also a definite improvement over previous cods as well as animation, all together these help to make the campaign quite memorable, no matter how confusing it gets at times. One downside of the multiple characters thing is that you don't leave hating the antagonists enough, otherwise as a whole it is quite varied and fast paced with some welcomed breaks in between stages. Camp-fests are virtually none-existent now and the killstreak rewards aren't particularly overused and OP either, leaving much of the fighting in infantry CQC form. Unfortunately Treyarch has yet to nerf the two most OP guns in the game (roughly a year after release o.O), which has put me off for a bit due to recent overuse by the community. The MP as a whole I prefer outright over MW2, and it's minor issues are overshadowed by this fact. Expand
  47. Sep 6, 2011
    the multiplayer is fair and and has less tuber and noob weapon like g18 in call of duty 6,the game is much better but the ping is really bad,why these guys give it such a low score?like tuber?if that is ture these guys are sick.the single player is not very good ,not the real thing ,but still i like it ,i think if we dont mind the ping,cod7 is the best cod multiplayer game,call of duty 6the multiplayer is fair and and has less tuber and noob weapon like g18 in call of duty 6,the game is much better but the ping is really bad,why these guys give it such a low score?like tuber?if that is ture these guys are sick.the single player is not very good ,not the real thing ,but still i like it ,i think if we dont mind the ping,cod7 is the best cod multiplayer game,call of duty 6 is good but has too many unblanced weapon Expand
  48. Sep 4, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. only a few bad multiplayer bugs zombie mode is back good dlc great killstreaks and easy trickshots make this game amazing for me its epic my 2nd fav cod game its almost as good as COD4 the only thing i dont like about it is because i can no longer bounce and trickshotting isn't as fun Expand
  49. Sep 4, 2011
    I love this game! To honest, the single player does get boring, and its more practice than anything. And the multiplayer is full of high level opponents, so its hard to jump right in. But I noticed that not a single review under 5 even mention the nazi zombies section. This is the reason I bought the game, and the reason I play it. If cod black ops came out and it was only the zombiesI love this game! To honest, the single player does get boring, and its more practice than anything. And the multiplayer is full of high level opponents, so its hard to jump right in. But I noticed that not a single review under 5 even mention the nazi zombies section. This is the reason I bought the game, and the reason I play it. If cod black ops came out and it was only the zombies section, i would buy it, because it is extremely entertaining. If you want something fun, buy it, as the multiplayer is good once you're used to it, and the zombies mode is super fun. Expand
  50. Sep 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is so great, I can't wait untill MW3 comes out, I'm just playing, and playing, and playing Black Ops on my XBOX 360. I'm lvl 28 or 29 (can't remember) in 4th Prestige i just can't wait for Modern Warfare 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  51. Aug 27, 2011
    The single player campaign is mediocre and multiplayer is repetitious and boring. Where Black Ops really pays of is in the zombie experience. Nothing in more fun that jumping online and slaying zombies with some friends.
  52. Aug 23, 2011
    Now that the appropriate patches have been made for the PC version, CoD:BlOps is one of the best online multiplayer shooters on the market. The single player has an engrossing story and exciting gameplay, even if it is short and linear and is basically a training mode for the multiplayer but with a plot. Zombie Mode is back from World at War and better than ever, with plenty of humor andNow that the appropriate patches have been made for the PC version, CoD:BlOps is one of the best online multiplayer shooters on the market. The single player has an engrossing story and exciting gameplay, even if it is short and linear and is basically a training mode for the multiplayer but with a plot. Zombie Mode is back from World at War and better than ever, with plenty of humor and witty dialogue to accompany the addictive zombie killing fun. Obviously the multiplayer is where it's at, and Black Ops is online fragging at its finest, with new weapons and modes and a new currency system to keep players coming back until the next installment. The graphics and sound are top notch, with environments and characters looking great, an excellent soundtrack, Hollywood-quality voice work and fantastic sound effects for weapons and explosions. Overall, this is another great CoD game, with every base covered to ensure a high quality, exciting and downright fun shooter experience. Expand
  53. TTT
    Aug 19, 2011
    Not bad game . But you must have a good computer and a good internet connection . For the PC it's good , but the game it's realised fot XBOX 360 and PS3 . Zombie mode save this game to the 6 . For me Treyarch take a 8 for Call of Duty Black Ops
  54. Jul 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow. This would be a ten if it had the ability to use vehicles in combat. There is the gunship, but there are no others you can pilot. This is a very good game. The people who say it is bad are just haters or people who are playing on a below par system (*cough*Wii.) It is a challenge, which is what any true gamer is looking for. It has a great Zombies mode, which requires you to last as long as you can against hordes of zombies. You can do it with other players online as well for an especially fun experience. There are special weapons called Wonder Weapons for this. They include the Thunder Gun, which shoots shockwaves, the Ray Gun, figure it out, the Winters Howl, which freezes things, and the Gersch device, which creates miniature black holes. The Multiplayer is filled with maps and modes and weapons and perks and killstreaks (which are awesome) With multiplayer, you never run out of fun. You can also play with friends online. Nuketown is a great map, small, but, for this reason, it is filled with action. Perks are special skills that you can choose three of. The campaign isn't the best, but it is not bad. Expand
  55. Jul 3, 2011
    Treyarch did a much better job with BLOPS than IW did with MW2. BLOPS got most of the important PC features right, ie, dedicated servers, adjustable fov, dev console, etc.. The main problem is that it performs bad for some people but other than that it's a well done console port.

I give it a 10 because it deserves more than what users are giving it.
  56. Jun 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good campaing, addictive multiplayer, very good and addictive zombies, so i must say that COD is better than Battlefield games. FPS game of the year !!! Expand
  57. Jun 21, 2011
    if world at war is terrible what is cod 3? made also by treyarch.............................................................................................................................................
  58. Jun 18, 2011
    multiplayer is awesome and never gets boring . ive nevr had a problem with hackes .the single player campaign was EPIC for a first person shooter , not as good as half life 2 but still WIN , they could make movies about the storyline. and all the people below my post that said anything negative about the multiplayer is because they are just terrible at it
  59. Jun 12, 2011
    I don't know why so many people complain about Black Ops, i was skeptical at first thinking its just another COD game, but no it was better. Black Ops is a great game because of only 5 things, number 1 is split screen multiplayer. i hated switching with friends every time me and him died and it sucked. but now we have two screens which is awesome. Number 2 is combat training. i am aI don't know why so many people complain about Black Ops, i was skeptical at first thinking its just another COD game, but no it was better. Black Ops is a great game because of only 5 things, number 1 is split screen multiplayer. i hated switching with friends every time me and him died and it sucked. but now we have two screens which is awesome. Number 2 is combat training. i am a hardcore teenage gamer, but i still have parents friends with 7-10 year old kids come over, so we play combat training/split screen because it is fun. Number 3 is Call Of The Dead. I right reviews at the pinnacle of the game (not always), but Escalation was amazing with call of the dead i loved it. Number 4 is wager matches because they are fun, period. and 5 is that everything is unlocked in split screen so i can go on picacid and have fun. but other than that this game sucks Expand
  60. Jun 3, 2011
    Now ill be honest, this is not the best CoD out there. Treyarch may be a good developer, but their version of multiplayer...sucks! the only reason i bought this was the Zombies (who doesnt love zombies).
  61. May 19, 2011
    my score of an 8 is a reflection of the entire game. If i had to grade the parts of the game individually, I would have graded the multiplayer as a 8, campaign should be rated as a 5, (because it kinda sucks), but zombies is a 1000000. Black ops zombies is the greatest invention in the history of video games.
  62. May 13, 2011
    Let's get this right out of the way: I don't care about the multiplayer, and I've never cared about any CoD multiplayer. It's just another run and gun game, I resort to Battlefield for multiplayer goodness. That being said, the Call of Duty franchise has always been about intense, cinematic singleplayer games ever since Infinity Ward debuted with the first Call of Duty. When Treyarch tookLet's get this right out of the way: I don't care about the multiplayer, and I've never cared about any CoD multiplayer. It's just another run and gun game, I resort to Battlefield for multiplayer goodness. That being said, the Call of Duty franchise has always been about intense, cinematic singleplayer games ever since Infinity Ward debuted with the first Call of Duty. When Treyarch took up CoD 3, it wasn't that great or bad, it was just meh. With World at War, they started to experiment more and I felt it was an honest improvement over the past CoD WW2 games. With Black Ops, a lot hype from Modern Warfare 2 bled over and people were already ready to either love it or hate it regardless of it's content. I am neither a Call of Duty fanboy, nor a hater, and I will say this. Modern Warfare 2 should have never came out. This is the true CoD 4 predecessor. In Black Ops, everything you know about Call of Duty is flipped over. You mainly assume the role of one character and the campaign is in the form of a frame story, where you are being held captive and every mission is a memory in the past. At first you very confused, but as you go on the pieces start to fall into place. You start to suspect something is terribly wrong and the game violently hurls you into the center of the conspiracy. In form, the campaign is actually a typical action movie conspiracy plot. However, this plot works beautiful in the game to help you experience a wide variety of levels and action. You will be in a group trying to assassinate Castro, having a talk with President Kennedy, mowing down the Viet Cong, flying in a SR-71 Blackbird marking objectives for the team below, playing as the team below, making your way through a pitch black rat tunnel with a flashlight and a revolver, and piloting (YES, PILOTING, NOT JUST GUNNING) a Hind through the jungles of Vietnam. Every mission is exciting and keeps your heart pacing and sometimes you can just look at the scenery completely dumbfounded, knowing that these are all within the realm of realism and yet the developer chose not the bash the fact down our throats. In the end, if someone were to ask me if I liked CoD 4 versus Black Ops, I would have a hard time answering. Yes, CoD 4 was revolutionary at the time, but Black Ops has definitely renovated it and is overall a much more enjoyable campaign. If this game were released last year when all the hype was built up for the pathetic failure that was Modern Warfare 2, the reviews would be far better and people wouldn't be so skeptical. But release yourself from the cynicism that plagues the population and you will be treated the one of the best single player campaigns you have played in your life. Expand
  63. May 8, 2011
    One of the most balanced Call of Duty games to date. The single player is great, the Zombie Co-Op is a masterpiece within the zombie games and the multiplayer is balanced. Although some weapons seem overpowered, Treyarch has done a great job increasing the player's health so we can counter-act the so-called "overpowered weapons" in time. Treyarch does our job by patching for performanceOne of the most balanced Call of Duty games to date. The single player is great, the Zombie Co-Op is a masterpiece within the zombie games and the multiplayer is balanced. Although some weapons seem overpowered, Treyarch has done a great job increasing the player's health so we can counter-act the so-called "overpowered weapons" in time. Treyarch does our job by patching for performance issues to low-rigged computers, nerfing the weapons to become pretty balanced and preparing us mod tools to May. The dedicated servers has turned the tables from the failing Modern Warfare 2. Probably the second best CoD game, second only to the masterpiece CoD4, Call of Duty: Black Ops will blow you away once you get the hang of it. It probably won't be a classic, but it's a nice comeback to the CoD series from Treyarch. I probably won't going to get any other Call of Duty due to ActiVision's abuse on fans, but what I'm certain is that Treyarch gave me the closing chapter above my expectations to my CoD gaming history. 9.5 out of 10 Expand
  64. May 4, 2011
    geat multiplayer since most hackers were recently banned. after numerous patches the game is finally enjoyable and addicting to play. search and destroy is super fun and prestige in this game is actually worth it because u get gold guns at level 14. the single player is like a rambo linear mission but it worth playing about half way. the real fun is multiplayer but i urge you to setgeat multiplayer since most hackers were recently banned. after numerous patches the game is finally enjoyable and addicting to play. search and destroy is super fun and prestige in this game is actually worth it because u get gold guns at level 14. the single player is like a rambo linear mission but it worth playing about half way. the real fun is multiplayer but i urge you to set everything in your config to low even if u have a powerful system to remain competitive you need 100 fps. black ops is the best multiplayer community since far cry. its like the best of CSS and modern warfare mixed into one. maps are however very dull so i give it a 9. looking forward to mw3 which i believe will be epic. Expand
  65. Apr 13, 2011
    I don't really see why people are trashing this game anymore. I enjoy it now that it's been patched. At first, my framerate was around 75, but it looked like 15. They patched the game, and it's amazingly smooth now. The weapons are balanced (noobtubes are weak now) and killstreak kills no longer count towards the next reward. The maps are fun (especially the new DLC) and zombies is amazingI don't really see why people are trashing this game anymore. I enjoy it now that it's been patched. At first, my framerate was around 75, but it looked like 15. They patched the game, and it's amazingly smooth now. The weapons are balanced (noobtubes are weak now) and killstreak kills no longer count towards the next reward. The maps are fun (especially the new DLC) and zombies is amazing to play with a friend. I recommend this game to anyone who has at least a Radeon HD 5xxx graphics card. Expand
  66. Apr 13, 2011
    Black Ops is a Great game to play.Recommend to anyone who likes playing video games and who likes to be challenge.Graphs and audio are great. Lots of action that makes you think.
  67. Apr 10, 2011
    This is by far the best multiplayer game I have ever played. When it first came out the bugs were horrible and I did have to upgrade my PC, but really, this is incomparable to anything else that I've ever played. The smoothness now is amazing. Maybe from all that work getting it fixed in the beginning... I don't know. I see these reviews were from November. The game has came a long wayThis is by far the best multiplayer game I have ever played. When it first came out the bugs were horrible and I did have to upgrade my PC, but really, this is incomparable to anything else that I've ever played. The smoothness now is amazing. Maybe from all that work getting it fixed in the beginning... I don't know. I see these reviews were from November. The game has came a long way since then. It just goes to show what a game can become once the bugs get worked out. Amazing Amazing Amazing.. Expand
  68. Apr 9, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. oyun muhteÅ Expand
  69. Apr 8, 2011
    Nice long campaign (better than Modern Warfare 2), good graphics, better multiplayer. There are some annoying bugs like getting stuck or AI shooting at you when you are behind the wall. Optimization isn't good, game is stuttering sometimes. Anyway the game is fun and I enjoyed it.
  70. Mar 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hehehehe.. angry nerds are angry Expand
  71. Mar 16, 2011
    Speaking of single player only here. I really have been enjoying playing this game, the controls are easy to set up, it runs great on my PC, the sounds, visuals & effects are really cool. I guess if you are a die hard COD fan this game might be a let down (as i see in other reviews) but if you are like me and not a COD fanboy, then you will like this game. I have yet to try the multiSpeaking of single player only here. I really have been enjoying playing this game, the controls are easy to set up, it runs great on my PC, the sounds, visuals & effects are really cool. I guess if you are a die hard COD fan this game might be a let down (as i see in other reviews) but if you are like me and not a COD fanboy, then you will like this game. I have yet to try the multi player yet and not sure I will due to the hackers/cheaters, and yes there are MANY of them in Black Ops. Expand
  72. Mar 9, 2011
    This game is fricken amazing! Halo what? Metal Gear what? Call of Duty Black Ops is the greatest game ever made. The single player campaign is simply spectacular, so much so that many times I was playing I forgot that I was playing a game and thought that I was watching a Hollywood blockbuster! Every character is expressive and convincing. By the time the game is done, you will care forThis game is fricken amazing! Halo what? Metal Gear what? Call of Duty Black Ops is the greatest game ever made. The single player campaign is simply spectacular, so much so that many times I was playing I forgot that I was playing a game and thought that I was watching a Hollywood blockbuster! Every character is expressive and convincing. By the time the game is done, you will care for all of them. Reznov is the epiphany of the word badass! The multiplayer is incredibly simple, but rewardingly difficult to master. It'll suck you in and you'll get thousands of hours out of this game. Expand
  73. Mar 1, 2011
    its a pretty good game, but the only sad part is that the campaign is so short...... i prefer call of duty 4 and 6.
    they have good campaign and good multiplayer. black ops has a good multiplayer , i enjoy it. black ops shouldn't be the price it is right now, it should be lower, but i guess its already bought
  74. Feb 27, 2011
    10 for graphics. 10 for storyline. I don't play zombies but that was absolutely hilarious the way you did it so 9. 10 for game play. 5 for bugs THAT FORCED ENTIRE RESTART OF LEVELS! 8 for relatively decent checkpoint placement but not perfect. 10+10+8+10+5+7=8 overall.

Look, I dk about the MP, but if it weren't for the bugs, the single player was absolutely nothing less than amazing, so I dk what's with the Haters here. What more could you want from SP??
  75. Feb 27, 2011
    The game overall was pretty good. The campaign is definately the best in the series. So the multiplayer had some glitches and problems the multiplayer is still good. The zombies and new multiplayer modes are good. But I would seriously recommend getting this on a xbox or ps3.
  76. Feb 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Game has fail in all things! Treyarch makes a game, that is realy terrible! Look at MW2, which has InfinityWard maken, so you see a very good Game, but this is very terrible! One thing is good: Dedicated Server!!! But anything else is nothing!!! Very bad Game-Play in Single-Player! The Multi-Player looks like a Shooter from 2000-2002! Many MODS are better like this Game! The Engine and Graphic is a little bit okay, but for this MONEY! Treyarch goes back in Future! Hope InfinityWard produce the Game: CoDMW3 in November!!! Expand
  77. Feb 16, 2011
    Score: 8.0

Call of Duty: Black Ops is like an action movie. Not everyone will like it, and some may despise it for being 'crude', 'unintelligent', or 'simple.' But If you enjoy it for what it is, you will have a blast. What it is, is a game that does not focus on innovation, or an immersive world of believable characters. It's a game that focusses on fun and adrenaline packed action.
    Score: 8.0

What it is, is a game that does not focus on innovation, or an immersive world of believable characters. It's a game that focusses on fun and adrenaline packed action. Here are the points I liked about black ops:
    -The Multiplayer is well-balanced, there is no one thing dominates all others.
    -I have heard about alot of problems in multiplayer, but so far I've not had ANY lag whatsoever.
    -I love the cold war setting. This might be trivial to some, but I like the looks of it, and it's not seen much in video games.
    -There's more variety in making your own class, for me it's very addictive to keep reiterating my class and tweaking it.
    -There's a game mode for everyone. I myself play hardcore search and destroy, which does not allow you to respawn untill the next round. I find that this requires a little bit of patience, and that wards of any players who just want non-stop murder. This improves the experience so much.

And here are the negative points:
    -The game still costs â
  78. Feb 13, 2011
    All of you haters be less childish and consider the package as it is. Aside from the MP, the Single Player experience still exists (!!!) and is far superior to any online adventure you might have with an FPS. The story and characters are really well crafted and you won't get the sense of epic scale anywhere online. It's about feeling a really technically and artistically stunning piece ofAll of you haters be less childish and consider the package as it is. Aside from the MP, the Single Player experience still exists (!!!) and is far superior to any online adventure you might have with an FPS. The story and characters are really well crafted and you won't get the sense of epic scale anywhere online. It's about feeling a really technically and artistically stunning piece of blockbuster virtual experience. It's about history, it's about a tale, and a handful of characters that carry you into their reality. It's not about FRAGS or SERVERS or PINGS ! So grade the game properly! Be objective!

9.0
  79. Feb 9, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i think black ops for the pc first sucks very hard(lags and everything but now its a great game. no lag (by me) and every thing works fine, maps are great and much new futures!! zombies is great and dead op is very funny ! Expand
  80. Feb 1, 2011
    game is amaizing with nice multiplayer,singleplayer,zombie mod and mpas.i dont understand people who think"This game is shit"game dont have much noobtubes beacause gl is not powerfull like in modern warfare 2.buy this now
  81. Jan 28, 2011
    Many people think this game is not as good as the last (MW2). I believe they are mistaken because Infinity Ward were using the game as a pure money making exercise, DLC's that copied previous games. Not every new game will be an improvement on a very good game but this one is.
  82. Jan 18, 2011
    A hefty game which still has some lag issues, but if you focus more on it's campaign, it has a strong plot, all it's levels are pinned down to the plot. I know, it's laggy... laggy for those who want to feel the best experience in a videogame. Quite impressive how Treyarch is rolling out these updates in a fast pace. I'm looking forward for another Treyarch Call of Duty game, but what IA hefty game which still has some lag issues, but if you focus more on it's campaign, it has a strong plot, all it's levels are pinned down to the plot. I know, it's laggy... laggy for those who want to feel the best experience in a videogame. Quite impressive how Treyarch is rolling out these updates in a fast pace. I'm looking forward for another Treyarch Call of Duty game, but what I really recommend as an improvement is to have a longer campaign, focus on the story, not too much on the action, one wrong step and the main point of the game is to shoot every bastard you see down the road. Try making a modern setting Call of Duty game. Expand
  83. ice
    Jan 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Is it just your normal first person shooter or something special? Call of duty black ops released November 9th by developer Treyarch the developers behind Call of Duty: World at War and Call of Duty 3. Black ops has one of the best story's ever in a Call of Duty game, because after the blunder of the multiplayer based game Modern Warfare 2's almost insulting campaign, I think Call of Duty fans got what they deserved. You play as Alex Mason and you are interrogated so your interrogators can find out the numbers in your head to SAVE THE WORLD! Cliche? Maybe, but it sure is fun. The campaign should last you about 6 hours so it is not the longest game in the world. But the meat of the game comes from the multiplayer. Surprisingly it is a lot more balanced then modern warfare 2's multiplayer. The killstreaks are fun and nice and balanced. One big thing I noticed with the kill streaks is if you have a player on your team having a aircraft in the sky which means you cannot call in your killstreak till that aircraft is out of the sky. Leveling up is easy as well, maybe to easy. Not like battlefield bad company 2 where I just got the game and I am still a level 1 and I have had the game for a week! The new cod points system is a big change to unlocking to unlocking then buying. All killstreaks are unlocked at level 10 and either you love the new system or hate the new system. The only problem I have with the multiplayer is being kicked out of a match or the host left all that stuff that you thought was bad in Modern Warfare 2...is back and worse it is a minor problem but with some people it can be troublesome. The new wager mode is added to this multiplayer and wow it is extremely fun and may be addicting that is how fun this is. Because I played gun game for a straight 3 hours it is that fun, and sometimes and I did not even care how much cod points I had left. 1 in the chamber is one of those games that your having fun when you are winning but when you are losing and you lost all 3 of your lives its not fun after that but if you are a real skilled cod player this may be the mode for you because it is as fun and addicting as the gun game. That is just to name a few modes in the wager mode, moving on we have theater mode where you can grab all the matches that you played watch it on theater mode and then save it so your friends can watch your sexy no scope. Combat training is for new cod fans where you get all the regular modes from the regular multiplayer but against ai team mates and they could be just as deadly as their online counterparts. The guns are a lot more balanced then mw2 even though the ak7u could be over powered and then you have the emblem editor which shows off your personal creativity which I like. That is just to scrape the surface of such a fantastic multiplayer experience. Now onto the extra content you can press both triggers on your controller and you walk to the computer and put a pass code and you are treated to a top down arcade shoot "dead ops arcade" but if you type in "zorks" you can play a fun game with the computer. Now to NAZI ZOMBIES! It is your old favorite characters from waw are back and they do not disappoint. Easily one of the best mini games on a video game to date. You get 2 zombie maps in the game "Kino der Toten/Cinema of the dead" and "five." Five is unlocked after beating the campaign and before you play five after the campaign you see a pretty funny cut scene between some historical figures. That is just to scrape the surface of black ops and it does not disappoint easily one of the best shooters of the year and surpasses the 60$ asking price with all stuff that is included in the game. If you are strictly a modern warfare 2 fan I would not say go out and buy the game since there are many changes to the games multiplayer but if you are a big cod fan yes go out and buy this game if you don't have it already. Yes this game has it's problems but do not let that stop you from buying such a great game
    Gameplay-9.0
    Graphics-8.5
    Sound-9.5
    Presentation-9.5
    Lasting Appeal-9.0
  84. Jan 11, 2011
    I can't play this game, the delay is just too much. Only when I'm the host can I get good scores. No servers for N-Europe, ridiculous and unjustified. With 60+ ping this game should have never been released where I live. Other than that the game is balanced sure but doesn't bring anything new, it's MW 2.5 with worse connections, player models, graphics, performance. The theater modeI can't play this game, the delay is just too much. Only when I'm the host can I get good scores. No servers for N-Europe, ridiculous and unjustified. With 60+ ping this game should have never been released where I live. Other than that the game is balanced sure but doesn't bring anything new, it's MW 2.5 with worse connections, player models, graphics, performance. The theater mode records barely half of my games, pointless, give me an option to disable it. The performance is still horrible on PC. The player models look like dwarfs to be honest. The maps are ugly, thanks to the console graphics. The console port is bad and the game shouldn't have been released for PC. The fonts are ugly, the UI is ugly, the menu is ugly. Killstreaks don't unlock you new killstreaks which means using nothing else than the top killstreaks is useless and boring: there's not enough interaction with killstreaks. The perks, killstreaks and guns are all copied from MW2, except they are now balanced. There are a few new gamemodes though which I didn't find interesting. Going prestige doesn't give you anything exciting or useful other than a few new classes to use and a 15x15 emblem, it's pointless. I have hundreds of thousands of money yet no use for it. The game lags unnecessarily much with decent pings, and the hit detection is faulty. The game isn't anywhere near worth the money. Instead of updating things that barely make a difference how about update the faults that make the unbearable? To be honest Treyarch isn't professional enough to launch a game of this scale and sincerely hope I never hear of this company ever again.Sadly there are even more things I forgot to mention here. Expand
  85. Jan 8, 2011
    The campaign was average;too short,with good gameplay and action but the long ass time cutscenes made it boring
    The multiplayer was the worst,the game always crashes or freezes,massive lag,then comes the no sound glitch and finally the "Black ops servers not available",seriously in 2 months i only managed to play less than 55 hours while in mw2 i already had 150 hours.
    Just like WAW had
    Just like WAW had mp40 and MW2 had ump45;black ops has ak74u which has the range on an assault rifle;the mobility of an smg and combined with grip and rapid fire becomes an ultra fast laser gun,camping noobs with motion sensors and flamethrowers etc etc.
  86. Jan 8, 2011
    The single player is about exactly as entertaining and challenging as Battlefield Bad Company's. The multiplayer is a lot better. In Battlefield Bad Company the highest achievement is to have a beard? Okay. I get it but seriously? Call of Duty: Black Ops controls, and achievement notifications are so satisfying it gets you wanting for more. If it weren't for WoW I'd play this gameThe single player is about exactly as entertaining and challenging as Battlefield Bad Company's. The multiplayer is a lot better. In Battlefield Bad Company the highest achievement is to have a beard? Okay. I get it but seriously? Call of Duty: Black Ops controls, and achievement notifications are so satisfying it gets you wanting for more. If it weren't for WoW I'd play this game enough to force my wife to divorce me.
    The haters are just that. This game is better than these scores indicate. Better than Battlefield Bad Company and I'm as objective as they come considering the fact that I have a personal grudge towards Activision... You can't deny the entertainment value and replayability of this game. Period.
  87. Jan 1, 2011
    NOTE: To anyone browsing through reviews for this game before buying like I was, please READ THIS before paying attention to all the other 0's and BS scores on here. It's really sad how the PC community has devolved into a bunch of spoiled brats that can't accept the fact that some people like an honest review about a game they might actually LIKE.

I'll say it first and straight up, YES,

I'll say it first and straight up, YES, at the moment Black Ops is still very much a broken game right out of the box for many people. That said, if you are willing to put in the time to look around online (have any of these "0" reviewers ever heard of google?) like I was, the majority of your freezing problems can be solved using simple tweaks or adjusting settings. For me, the magic solution was turning off anti-aliasing and setting the game to run with desktop composition turned off. Until Treyarch releases another patch, many of us will be forced to browse forums online looking for a solution.

Performance-wise, i'm not sure why so many people on here are saying you need a supercomputer to run this game. I'm running it on a 2009 macbook pro, 2.6ghz intel duo core/ nvidia geforce 9600m gt/ win 7 64-bit/ 4 gb ram. As you can tell, this is no supercomputer. I currently am running the game on high settings, (textures on High, full AF, full FOV, native 1440x900 res) with AA, shader warming, and shadows turned off. I get anywhere from 45-65 fps in the game and in my opinion it is completely playable (and looks damn good, too). As far as gameplay goes, I will focus only on multiplayer in this review, as that is what I bought the game for and i'm sure the same goes for many others on here trying to decide whether or not to pick it up. Many reviewers have cited the Black Ops' similarity to MW2 as a primary reason for their low scores. While I agree the the overall gameplay is the same (after all, what COD since MW1 has really been all that different?), there are many customization options which make Black Ops stand out for me. First off, the COD points idea is awesome and I hope it becomes a mainstay in the franchise. The ability to buy crucial attachments such as red dot sights for new guns right off the bat rather than tediously leveling up with each weapon is a god-send. Also, the emblem system adds a whole new level of personalization to multipayer. The layered system and ability to modify the shapes and position of different symbols truly allows the player to create anything their imagination can think up. I believe the perks in multiplayer are also superior to those of any in the MW/WAW games. Mortars, Napalm Strikes, remote controlled car-bombs, and the Huey support chopper are all excellent additions and really add a sense of immersion and realism to the game that just was not present in MW2 (LOL @ Tactical Nuke).
    So far I have logged about 45+ hours in Black Ops multiplayer, and I can definately say that the maps do feel a bit smaller than MW2. However, they also feel a lot more realistic thanks to real-world settings such as Saigon, Hanoi, the jungles of Vietnam, Havana, etc. Simply put, I believe that Black Ops succeeds where MW2 failed miserably: in creating a believable an atmospheric environment to wage video war in. The original COD 1,2, and 3 were all based around historical events, and the relevance to real life conflict created an atmosphere which to me (maybe because i'm a history buff) really elevated what was actually a simple and generic gameplay formula. Black Ops returns to the COD tradition of focusing on historical events, rather than crafting some ridiculous WWIII scenario (the White House and National Mall looking like the front line at the Somme..... come on, really Infinity Ward?).

All in all, I would give the game an 8.5, but unfortunately Metacritic's scale doesn't allow decimal points. Without the bugs and technical issues currently present in the game however, I would undoubtedly give Black Ops a score of 9-9.5. My final advice: if you are a long-time fan of the COD series and were disappointed in MW2, then by all means I would recommend buying Black Ops to get back into the series. However, if you're one of those people who are on the fence and still very much enjoy MW2, I would say hold off until a price drop, or at least until Treyarch releases another patch or two. I hope that this review is able to help some of you in deciding, and possibly will stand out among the biased and ridiculous reviews i'm seeing for the PC version of Black Ops. One more thing: DEDICATED SERVERS RULE and blow the crappy IWnet matchmaking out of the water!

Hope to see you guys in-game. Enjoy.
  88. Dec 27, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is awesome. Stop saying that it's impossible to run this game you just have to look if your computer can run it and activision always lauch patches. The new server browser is very cool too. In my opinion it's the best cod. Expand
  89. Dec 26, 2010
    While I hate FPS games, there's really no other franchise to go to if you like playing the same maps over and over during your free time for whatever reason you choose to do that. I like how rpg elements have crept into every genre, since you get feats and have to buy "loot" in the way of upgrades if you want to get anywhere. It's also worth it just to take the "1 less kill for a streak"While I hate FPS games, there's really no other franchise to go to if you like playing the same maps over and over during your free time for whatever reason you choose to do that. I like how rpg elements have crept into every genre, since you get feats and have to buy "loot" in the way of upgrades if you want to get anywhere. It's also worth it just to take the "1 less kill for a streak" feat and run rc cars into everyone even if you're not good at the game. Only Activision would amke a game that'll have people scared of a toy for a hot minute. However, please get it on pc if you've played an fps game before, as I don't have to tell you how awful a joystick is for competitive fps games. Expand
  90. Dec 25, 2010
    Far superior to Modern Warfare 1 or 2 in almost everyway. Rich characters, interesting story, and varied mission structure make this one of the best single player experiences since Call of Duty 1 or 2. Multiplayer is better, with new customization options, faster progression, Wager Matches, and new hardcore/ normal filters that the last games lacked. I bought the game from launch, andFar superior to Modern Warfare 1 or 2 in almost everyway. Rich characters, interesting story, and varied mission structure make this one of the best single player experiences since Call of Duty 1 or 2. Multiplayer is better, with new customization options, faster progression, Wager Matches, and new hardcore/ normal filters that the last games lacked. I bought the game from launch, and never experienced the issues some of the users are complaining of. My opinion is that most of these negative views are probably from butthurt Modern Warfare 2 players, who can't admit a better game when they see one. Kudos to Treyarch for this release, this more than makes up for World at War. Expand
  91. Dec 14, 2010
    I've read some reviews, and found out that most of the time the writers are complaining about laggy gameplay. I haven't experienced any lag yet, so let me tell you how the game is without any lag. The single player is absolutely AWESOME. Especially the story has been improved. Good plot and stuff. Now about the multi player. The system of earning XP and unlocking weapons and stuff is theI've read some reviews, and found out that most of the time the writers are complaining about laggy gameplay. I haven't experienced any lag yet, so let me tell you how the game is without any lag. The single player is absolutely AWESOME. Especially the story has been improved. Good plot and stuff. Now about the multi player. The system of earning XP and unlocking weapons and stuff is the same, but some has been added to it. CP. With XP, you unlock weapons, attachments, emblems, layers (talk about that later) and lots of other things. With CP you buy it. This new system gives some variation in the Call of Duty series. Also there are wager matches. You wage your CP. If you become the first till the third player, your CP will increase. You lose, you'll lose all your CP. Also Combat Training has been added. It's a training with bots fighting against you, you can adjust the difficulty of the bots. And the emblem you have in the multi player, is custom. You choose layers, give them a colour, adjust size and make an emblem. cool isn't it? Zombie mode is also included with Black Ops. Long story short, a lot of new stuff. But now, the downside of this beautiful wonderland. Again, in this game (just as in MW2) there are some overpowered weapons + attachments. The flamethrower for example (yes you can use a flamethrower as attachment) is way too strong. Just one second on fire and you die. not fun. The killcam, as smooth as it was in MW2, now lags as **** Whatever you do, how amazing your computer is, the killcam will always lag. Just at the end, when the kill is being made, you only see three frames of a weapon firing and then the killcam's over. not satisfying if you made the final kill. It only works in combat training. There isn't really a graphic improvement, but that's not really a problem. It's about the game, right? Overall, this game is good if you have some sort of super computer (which i have). But with a regular computer, you're FPS will always stay under 15. Until Treyarch comes with a patch, this game is only fun for the people with a really good computer. My suggestion: buy this game when it has been patched, unless you think you're computer can take it. The score i give this game is based on the experience i had without having lag. With lag, my score would be around a 4.0, since the single player still makes up a lot. Expand
  92. Dec 13, 2010
    I've red some reviews, and found out that most of the time the writers are complaining about laggy gameplay. I haven't experienced any lag yet, so let me tell you how the game is without any lag. The single player is absolutely AWESOME. Especially the story has been improved. Good plot and stuff. Now about the multi player. The system of earning XP and unlocking weapons and stuff is theI've red some reviews, and found out that most of the time the writers are complaining about laggy gameplay. I haven't experienced any lag yet, so let me tell you how the game is without any lag. The single player is absolutely AWESOME. Especially the story has been improved. Good plot and stuff. Now about the multi player. The system of earning XP and unlocking weapons and stuff is the same, but some has been added to it. CP. With XP, you unlock weapons, attachments, emblems, layers (talk about that later) and lots of other things. With CP you buy it. This new system gives some variation in the Call of Duty series. Also there are wager matches. You wage your CP. If you become the first till the third player, your CP will increase. You lose, you'll lose all your CP. Also Combat Training has been added. It's a training with bots fighting against you, you can adjust the difficulty of the bots. And the emblem you have in the multi player, is custom. You choose layers, give them a colour, adjust size and make an emblem. cool isn't it? Zombie mode is also included with Black Ops. Long story short, a lot of new stuff. But now, the downside of this beautiful wonderland. Again, in this game (just as in MW2) there are some overpowered weapons + attachments. The flamethrower for example (yes you can use a flamethrower as attachment) is way too strong. Just one second on fire and you die. not fun. The killcam, as smooth as it was in MW2, now lags as **** Whatever you do, how amazing your computer is, the killcam will always lag. Just at the end, when the kill is being made, you only see three frames of a weapon firing and then the killcam's over. not satisfying if you made the final kill. It only works in combat training. There isn't really a graphic improvement, but that's not really a problem. It's about the game, right? Overall, this game is good if you have some sort of super computer (which i have). But with a regular computer, you're FPS will always stay under 15. Until Treyarch comes with a patch, this game is only fun for the people with a really good computer. My suggestion: buy this game when it has been patched, unless you think you're computer can take it. The score i give this game is based on the experience i had without having lag. With lag, my score would be around a 4.0, since the single player still makes up a lot. Expand
  93. Dec 13, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think its a great game they did really good with the Single player, but i think they could have done a little better with the multiplayer.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. Expand
  94. Dec 12, 2010
    People love to hate whats popular. What it comes down to is that Black Ops is safe, but polished: What you should expect from a Call of Duty game these days. Multiplayer is a bit more balanced, but not perfectly, and its not likely to sway the people whose minds were made up before hand. Single player has a bit more innovative in the story, but not as well executed. MW2 was comparable to aPeople love to hate whats popular. What it comes down to is that Black Ops is safe, but polished: What you should expect from a Call of Duty game these days. Multiplayer is a bit more balanced, but not perfectly, and its not likely to sway the people whose minds were made up before hand. Single player has a bit more innovative in the story, but not as well executed. MW2 was comparable to a Bond film, but Black Ops is just too easy to give up on, despite the entertainment of seeing some familiar, historical faces. Set pieces are wide, imaginative, and varied throughout, and though perhaps not quite as good as Modern Warfare, it has some top notch extra content to make up for it, however much Spec Ops is missed. Overall, if you still like being an army dude with real guns mowing down enemies while lots of **** blows up, Spec Ops is a great buy. If your looking for a game that shuns the safe blockbuster video game formula for something new and unexpected, you're going to be disappointed. Expand
  95. Dec 12, 2010
    Best CoD game by far! Only issue i have is incomplete server browser upon refresh. Game runs great. No stutters, lag, crashes or freezes like some are complaing about. Some tweaking is required to maximize performance on PC. Intel Quad cores, especially i7's, will benefit from this game. If you have an Intel i7 with a decent ATI card, you should NOT be stuttering or freezing at all!!! IfBest CoD game by far! Only issue i have is incomplete server browser upon refresh. Game runs great. No stutters, lag, crashes or freezes like some are complaing about. Some tweaking is required to maximize performance on PC. Intel Quad cores, especially i7's, will benefit from this game. If you have an Intel i7 with a decent ATI card, you should NOT be stuttering or freezing at all!!! If you are, you need to optimize your PC b4 saying the game is broken for you. Haters will always be haters Treyarch. I still enjoy your record breaking release. Good job Treyarch! Expand
  96. Nov 30, 2010
    Disappointing, buggy arcade shooter, similar to Cod MW2. Don't buy it - it's simply not worth 59 euro. Activision is just trying to sting us for money.
  97. Nov 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Woha, lots of hate for this game. I have only tried the single player campaign, and I can honestly say its so far in the whole MoH & CoD line the one I enjoyed the most. Good playability, versatile, over the top action like a 80's action movie. Not a single bug encountered, good flow and nice graphics. (Playing on a i7 920 + GTX285) And finally some humour! (loved the Kennedy zombie part) Expand
  98. Nov 28, 2010
    Well, the singleplayer in blackops is sooooo cool... but the multi player is too laging, everyone got the problem. But I think that the multi player is quite fun to play (if not laging)... the only bad thing is (not so fasinated PVP)... but their single is pretty nice, the motions... anything.... the gameplay, very nice. I understand how are the feelings for a game maker's, its easilyWell, the singleplayer in blackops is sooooo cool... but the multi player is too laging, everyone got the problem. But I think that the multi player is quite fun to play (if not laging)... the only bad thing is (not so fasinated PVP)... but their single is pretty nice, the motions... anything.... the gameplay, very nice. I understand how are the feelings for a game maker's, its easily 'downed' if they release a game has a bad graphic and what..... But I think its not a call of duty series anymore, at least good graphic and gameplay. That based on your oppinions, if you love single player and you are going to love it, if multi player.. then I knew that all of you wanna kill treyarch about this. FOR PC, I think its....quite sad I could say, because the lags, If the PVP mod has a better connection, and I think it will get a high result then it was. ( a lot) I think Treyarch has been doing a great job, but the sad thing was the always do things only focused on the one thing, the singleplayer........ I think they will terrified by those rate.... and I hope they can focus on both things in the next series... My feeling, don't get mad Expand
  99. Nov 27, 2010
    Call of Duty: Black Ops is a step.up to the rest of the Call of Duty series. Very nice single-player campaign, a stunning Multi-Player and a exciting Zombie Mode, especially the good ol' school Dead Ops Arcade :)
    I just only don't give a 10 because the game has many weapons that weren't made in the moment, like the AK-74u; was made only in '74 and is seen on the campaign in '68. But after all, it was to give a bigger variety of weapons on MP
    Until now I hadn't problems with the MP like everyone says :P I'm just killing :)
  100. Nov 24, 2010
    It has it's problems, but it's also the best CoD so far.

It has it's problems, but it's also the best CoD so far.

There's been plenty of rage and venom spat towards Treyarch from the PC community due to some performance issues which I personally don't suffer from. So far they've patched the game twice trying to fix these issues, and for the most part they have, but there's still a very loud mob of angry customers who can't play due to a "stuttering" issue, while I believe the problem is real for some, I can't help but think low system specs and poor PC maintenance play a major part for some people.

After MW2 I thought the series was dead for good, the awful IWnet coupled with a half working VAC made what could have been a decent game a disaster. Luckily, my fears were crushed when I first saw Black Ops, you could tell from the first reveal it was going to be a success, and it was. Black Ops adds so much to the table which sets it apart from other CoD games, for example, Wager Matches, Character customization, Theatre mode and much more, there always feels like something you can do that's fun and interesting.

The game feels a lot more balanced this time around, with the removal of such perks as Commando, One Man Army, Infinite n00b tubing, killstreaks not counting towards killstreaks and most importantly the guns, there's no gun that really stands out in Black Ops, you can be successful with most of them. The only balance issue that sticks out right now is the knife, with it's auto aim and massive lunge radius it's far more deadly then a backup weapon should be.

In closing, I'd just like to say the game is good, it's very good and you shouldn't worry too much about the performance issues if you have a good computer and know how to use it. I personally run the game with everything on high and average 118 FPS with maxFPS set to 125, that's not too bad, right?

My rig:

i5 750 @ 4GHz
    ATI 5850
    Win7 64 bit
    4GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    1920x1080

1. PC Format
    Jan 29, 2011
    Its duffer solo moments are masked by imaginative and visual whizz-band-fizz. [Jan 2011, p.100]
  2. Jan 26, 2011
    This score will likely come as a shock to many, but this game suffers from pathetic frame rates at times, both on console and on PC.
  3. Jan 12, 2011
    Black Ops is one of the best first person shooters this year, and is a obviously must have for any action fan. Intense, gory and quite brilliant, maybe it's not refreshing but at the same time its a stunning game.